PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new

Sutton Dagger
13th January 2009, 6:07 AM
Well I'm what you would call a Pokemon noob. Back in the day (1999) I had Pokemon Blue, I was completely obsessed with 'catching them all' but over the subsequent releases my interest waned. So I'm here now with a new copy of Diamond in my hand, the first pokemon game I have played in at least 5 years.

I'm overwhelmed and Im wondering if some of the members here can finally get me back on the right track. I have a few questions if thats ok. Now I was raised on the 151 original pokemon from the blue/red games and I would like to get some of the original ones (etc Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle) but I just found out I can't get them in the new games, how can I get them, do people here give them away sometimes?

What is Pokemon breeding, I can't remember If it was in the originals or not but can someone explain the process involved.

I was skimming through these forums and people mention 'hacked pokemon'? What does that mean?

Ummm any other things I should know that have changed since the originals.

btw I have Diamond version and have only just defeated the first gym leader, enjoying it so far.

Thank you

Sutton Dagger
13th January 2009, 6:10 AM
Sorry for the double thread

Blue Snover
13th January 2009, 11:42 AM
I think the mods will forgive you since you're new.

Welcome to the forums, i hope you have a really nice time, be sure to read all the rules, have fun and if you need help with anything feel free to send me a message.

aaron-now
13th January 2009, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the site!
As for the Questions:
1. The original starters have to be transferred from the GBA remakes of the original games.
2. Breeding was introduced in Gold and Silver. It involves male and female Pokemon in the same egg group mating to make an egg (check on serebii). The hatchling will be the same pokemon as the mother, while moves can be inherited by the father.
3. Hacked Pokemon are pokemon made extremely strong via a program on a computer (usually through a rom)
4. Alot has changed, but you will work out it out through out the game.
Glad you're having fun :)

Sutton Dagger
13th January 2009, 1:34 PM
Thanks for the replies, it seems this is a helpful community and hopefully I can contribute to it.

So I have to buy the older games to transfer? I was checking out the trade section and people seem to trade some of the older pokemon I like, do people ever give them away? Like is it possible to breed heaps of the same species? I really want the original ones from blue/red and would gladly swap the new Pokemon I have (which isn't really an extensive list....) What is the process of trading?

One last question before I wear out my welcome, what are shiny pokemon and how do they differ from regular pokemon.

Thanks again

treespyro
13th January 2009, 1:39 PM
Hi, I'm new

Of Course you are (I love doing that)

So I have to buy the older games to transfer? I was checking out the trade section and people seem to trade some of the older pokemon I like, do people ever give them away? Like is it possible to breed heaps of the same species? I really want the original ones from blue/red and would gladly swap the new Pokemon I have (which isn't really an extensive list....) What is the process of trading?

Post an offer on something you have on the Trade Forums

For Example, Guy 45: I have a Lv 56 Lapras, Looking for Rare Kanto Pkmn, PM me

That is how it works

Follow rules and never throw Nuts at Sea Birds