PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new

Sutton Dagger
13th January 2009, 6:08 AM
Well I'm what you would call a Pokemon noob. Back in the day (1999) I had Pokemon Blue, I was completely obsessed with 'catching them all' but over the subsequent releases my interest waned. So I'm here now with a new copy of Diamond in my hand, the first pokemon game I have played in at least 5 years.

I'm overwhelmed and Im wondering if some of the members here can finally get me back on the right track. I have a few questions if thats ok. Now I was raised on the 151 original pokemon from the blue/red games and I would like to get some of the original ones (etc Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle) but I just found out I can't get them in the new games, how can I get them, do people here give them away sometimes?

What is Pokemon breeding, I can't remember If it was in the originals or not but can someone explain the process involved.

I was skimming through these forums and people mention 'hacked pokemon'? What does that mean?

Ummm any other things I should know that have changed since the originals.

btw I have Diamond version and have only just defeated the first gym leader, enjoying it so far.

Thank you

mrglowy
14th January 2009, 10:47 PM
Hey welcome here and if u wish to trade or what not i am here for you man and if u wish to talk i am the man to talk to xd

Blue Snover
14th January 2009, 10:49 PM
Welcome to Serebii, i hope you have a good time.

If you enjoy trading, you should check out the trade forums.

Ninterror X
14th January 2009, 10:51 PM
welcome to Serebii, Please read the rules and have fun.

oh, and good luck with your trades.

InfamousMrJ
14th January 2009, 11:07 PM
Oh, sweet macaroni, man! You, indeed, are behind the times.
Well, at least you're at the right place.
Around here, we're all, well, most, are pretty good. You'll get all the help you need in time.
With that being said, enjoy it here. It's a pretty good place. Follow the rules, to the letter, because they are enforced. =P
You ever need anything, track me down, and I'll help if I can.

X502XedgeX
14th January 2009, 11:20 PM
seeing as no one has answered your questions so far hahahaha......here ya go

1.)how can I get them, do people here give them away sometimes?
well yes sometimes people do give them away here, but in order for them to show up in your game you must beat the elite four and get your national dex,

2.)What is Pokemon breeding, I can't remember If it was in the originals or not but can someone explain the process involved.
well breeding wasnt introduced till gold and silver, it allows you to take two pokemon of the same tyep, such as a growlith and vulpix, and breed them as long as there the oppisite sex,put them in the daycare and out pops an egg after so many steps..... you can find a breeding guide in serebii, if i had the hyper link i would give it to ya srry, but run a search for it

3.)I was skimming through these forums and people mention 'hacked pokemon'? What does that mean?
well theres a way to get hacked pokemon by using something called a action replay, its mainly used to get all the items, shiny pokemon, or all the event pokemon, this is ok, unless your trying to trade them or battle with them, then you have a prolbem

4.)Ummm any other things I should know that have changed since the originals.
its basically the same, catch them all, expect now you can trade and battle over wifi, but if you need any help at all dont be afraid to ask me or anyone else,
follow the rules and have fun, and welcome to serebii!