PDA

View Full Version : Value of Shinies

Vague
14th January 2009, 8:45 AM
Hello All, New Question for trading

Whats the relative value of Shinies (Common Versions) compared to trading for harder to get pokemon?

e.g Shiny Ratticate and Peliper - Compared to getting Johto Starters or Non emerald Pokemon?

I know that the Shinies are far more rare, but what does it take to get people to actually trade?

(I can only get the pokemon from Red, Emerald, Ranch, Diamond and Pearl)

BlitzBlast
14th January 2009, 9:13 AM
There's a trading board, you can ask there.

And shinies are pretty valuable. But any shinies you see on GTS probably aren't legit.

It's very hard to get a shiny, so it is unlikely you'll ever be able to trade for it.

But when it comes down to it, unless you're trading a shiny valuable pokemon, nobody is going to trade a rare pokemon for a Shiny Raticate.

And as for the Johto starters, I would help you with that, but I just reset my game so.....

MetalMario
16th January 2009, 8:16 AM
This depends entirely on who you're talking to. The way I look at it, which is probably close to the norm, is:

Any breedable/wild Pokémon < Any chained (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=355961) shiny < Any legendary < Any non-chained (SR, random encounter, bred) shiny < Any event/unobtainable < Any non-chained shiny of my own capture :D

("<" is an inequality "less than", representing that the stuff further towards the right is more valuable by my standards.)