PDA

View Full Version : PMD2: Which Pokemon do you use for Zero Island South?

False_Swipe40
16th January 2009, 6:15 PM
Two suggestions I've heard good things about are Smoochum and Zangoose. I've been trying my luck using Gengar, with little success (although I did manage to get far enough in that I found an escape orb on level 20-something once!) and I've given thought to capturing Mew and trying that out after I get far enough in. I restarted the game, you see.

Has anybody actually beaten the dungeon? If so, what Poke did you use?

Excitable Boy
16th January 2009, 8:28 PM
I didn't beat it, but Drifblim seems like a good choice. Unburden gives it double speed, and it's starting moves aren't too bad. It's a shame Charizard no longer learns Heat Wave at Level 1, though.

ninjascyther
18th January 2009, 1:33 PM
Back in PMD1 alakazam ruled the lv 1 dungeons. I have tried him in zero isle south, and it seems a bit harder, but its the same strategy for him: explore until pokemon block your path, then teleport. The teleport stategy works pretty well because items are only found in rooms, and teleport only lands you in rooms. Therefore more items, therefore more max elixers, therefore more PP to teleport again :p.

Going through the Lv1 dungeons isnt as big a deal though as it was in PMD1, because in md1 they stuck celebi at the end of a 99 floor lv 1 dungeon. Since there is no real incentive to clear the dungeons, people cant really be bothered. ;123;

Kevin074
20th January 2009, 7:31 AM
My Lucario did the best!

Dragon Rules
20th January 2009, 11:39 PM
I used my Tyranitar in Zero Isle South, the sandstorm almost killed every enermy on the floor, so I don't have to battle so much and its much easier to defeat enermies with low hp.

ninjascyther
21st January 2009, 12:43 PM
@Dragon Rules: How far could you get with tyranitar? Because the pokemon on higher floors end up with too much HP for sandstorm to be effective. ;123;

ShinxesAreCute
21st January 2009, 1:02 PM
I have not even tried to beat ZIS, simply because I know I will get pwned...

mudkip42
21st January 2009, 1:26 PM
Well, I tried ZIS with jynx, i got to 48th or 49th floor before I got knocked out (got killed by foes rollout >.>)

Excitable Boy
21st January 2009, 8:10 PM
I would think Dewgong, Electivire, Magmortar, Yanmega, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Gallade, and Dusknoir would do well. Togekiss starts off with some pretty powerful moves as well, but she'll run out of PP eventually.

Dragon Rules
21st January 2009, 9:56 PM
@Dragon Rules: How far could you get with tyranitar? Because the pokemon on higher floors end up with too much HP for sandstorm to be effective. ;123;Like the 60th floor or something,I can't remeber.

Nightlingbolt
21st January 2009, 10:50 PM
No. No way. No ****ing way. No ****ing way in hell. That's just... it's... it's... actually, it seems kind of fun, since you if you die, you come out with more items than you started with. Then again, that's true of Final Maze, and you get to keep your level. Yeah, I think I prefer Final Maze.

serebiifreak
11th February 2009, 11:46 PM
Although I didn't do it I would use my starters or Lucario.

Icefiyre
12th February 2009, 12:47 AM
Well I didn't actually really care about those islands, but I used Electivire at the time.

MKFC
12th February 2009, 4:47 PM
For some reason, I used My Nidoking. -_-;; I have no idea why, but it knows Earth Power which helps quite a lot. The only Pokémon I have with a good move that hits everyone like that is my starter's Discharge (is a Pikachu), and Pikachu sucks in Zero Isles.

BTW, I haven't completed it, I died in 30F or something like that...

DYLANJON
13th February 2009, 8:53 AM
spiritomb goes a long way, its a pain on the *** to level up, but it has good stats, to put it lightly, its the pmd2 equivelent of the pmd1 Alakazam

Manix
14th February 2009, 11:10 AM
Togekiss starts off with some pretty powerful moves as well, but she'll run out of PP eventually.
Also, Togekiss gets practically no stat increase on leveling up, so expect Togekiss to wain over time in there.

Me? I probably just use something like Azelf or Palkia. That's me, though.

Silverninetails
14th February 2009, 1:18 PM
Blaziken learns Fire Punch at level 3, so he's pretty useful.I heard Lucario's good too, with dark pulse.
There is always the Smoochum, but I never used it before. Tyranitar sounds cool with Sandstorm
I think Mantine's cool too,learning Signal beam, Psybeam, Tackle, bubble and Supersonic at level 2.

kirby8933083
14th February 2009, 8:35 PM
I went pretty far and have actually made it through the dungeon with Mew. :) It levels up super slowly, but being able to learn just about every TM is useful. I've also gotten far with Charizard's useful array of moves, though I've never finished. Infernape I think I almost finished the dungeon but died from a deathly draco meteor. -_- Ugh! Those pokemon are killer.

Metazard99
13th December 2009, 12:57 AM
I think it's better to bring a pre-evolved pokemon. although higher statted pokemon are good in the beggining, the large amount of experience needed to level up catches up with the pokemon when using an evolved one. plus, pre-evolved pokemon may learn the same moves the evolved form learns a few levels erlier, putting you at an advantage

JamesRaynor
13th December 2009, 7:26 AM
I never really had any interest in going into these areas, since these dungeons are luck based.

hailflameblast
13th December 2009, 10:25 AM
I tried it a couple of times, lost on 18th floor both times with Rotom in Darkness.

DarkMammoth
13th December 2009, 3:00 PM
I've heard a couple of people mentioning Smoochum as a good choice. What's so special about her?

pokemonpikachu
16th December 2009, 7:54 PM
i gonna use a max IQ palkia

xdragonx
16th December 2009, 11:06 PM
I have yet to attempt this dungeon... but I'm getting an idea for how I should approach it after reading some replies here.

I've heard a couple of people mentioning Smoochum as a good choice. What's so special about her?

Hmm... my guess is that it's because Smoochum has the special ability Forewarn, which allows it to occasionally evade moves (even those that "never miss") At level 1, it has Pound, which has a decent 27 PP; and Lick at level 5, which has a chance of inflicting paralysis upon the foe. Also, at level 8 it gets Sweet Kiss, which allows it to confuse the foe, and Powder Snow, which hits all enemy Pokemon in the same room (for Monster Houses). Then a little later at level 15 it learns Confusion (STAB + 22 PP) and another status-inflicting move, Sing.

So probably it's because it has such a nice ability, along with the nice bonus of learning several useful attacks at low levels.

ReclusiveDemon
29th June 2012, 3:28 AM
i gonna use a max IQ palkia

I'm pretty sure the dungeon sets you back to your base IQ until you leave.

I used my Tyranitar in Zero Isle South, the sandstorm almost killed every enermy on the floor, so I don't have to battle so much and its much easier to defeat enermies with low hp.

It's probably because I'm bad at the game, but I've tried using Tyranitar, and it's not very impressive. I got to the twenty second floor, I believe. I think the idea with these dungeons is picking fights, at least early on, to get your level up. The Sandstorm gets in the way of that, not to mention the various times the sandstorm damage denied me Experience points. Plus he only gains about 1 to a couple of stats when he levels up. I'd go with something different.

Angeltripper
29th June 2012, 7:06 AM
I havent tried it yet, but Igglybuff gets massive stat boosts till the 30s, and it's powerful too.