PDA

View Full Version : Help! Serebii.net is in danger!

TorchicBlaziken
17th January 2009, 8:48 PM
Bulbagarden will not load. The only part of Bulbagarden that WILL load is the gateway. I was annoyed at first, until it lasted for a couple of days, and is still ongoing. And now, PokéCommunity won't load either. Both websites showed an error, or Not Found. Is this the work of a hacker? Is Serebii.net next? I hope not...

Also, I'm new. I joined a while ago, but I spent most of my time on Smogon and Bulbapedia. When Bulbapedia stopped working, I was angry. Also, veekun, which takes Bulbanews's news and streams it onto their news section, says, "No news." When PokeCommunity stopped working, too, I became suspicious. Both are Pokémon fansites with forums. And both became inactive in the same timeframe. I came onto Serebii today to warn everyone!

pkmnhippy
17th January 2009, 9:09 PM
Same here, but why would someone do that?

ashds
17th January 2009, 9:10 PM
knowing Joe he has a back up

pkmnhippy
17th January 2009, 9:14 PM
PC is back.

Chronicler
17th January 2009, 9:18 PM
I'm not totally sure, but it could have just been a server update, since they usually only last a few days at max.

And like Ashds said, this place is huge and most likely has a backup just in case something were to happen.

Erus Black Mage
17th January 2009, 9:31 PM
It's called "Server Problems"

vBulliten or whatever is notorious for these problems

Ninterror X
17th January 2009, 9:37 PM
I'm not too worried, Serebii is able to handle this situation if it happens.

Virtual Headache
18th January 2009, 10:02 AM
Like already mentioned, those are just server problems. They are big sites so it's likely to happen. It just happened at the same time for both of them. Nothing to worry about.

Both sites are working fine now.