PDA

View Full Version : Best Monster House move

Little Wishling
18th January 2009, 12:03 AM
Best monster house move? What? A monster house move (as I call it) is a move that hits all enemys in one room.

Here are some examples:
Heat Wave
Vacuum Cut
Blizzard

These moves are incredibly handy to have when you encounter a monster house. So instead of using Tackle (Aaahhh! Gotta Tackle them all! Pokemon!) for every pokemon in a monster house, you use a monster house move to wipe them all out. It also saves you some wear and tear.

So which one do you like the best? I like Blizzard the best. It's nice and flashy. :)

Sapphiredragon929
18th January 2009, 12:08 AM
Bullet Seed, gets the job done for me...

Excitable Boy
18th January 2009, 12:31 AM
Discharge, since it can actually hit most of the time and doesn't do just 18 damage.

Barrysun
18th January 2009, 12:55 AM
as for me, Blizzard and/or Discharge is a must. but if I don't have any moves that attacks all enemies in the room, then I use the next best thing.
like the Foe-fear orb to make the enemies flee, Foe-seal orb or Petriy orb to stop my foes so the enemies can become easy picking, any orbs that effects the room is always a good backup plan.

Grovyle_Knight
18th January 2009, 12:55 AM
Discharge, since it can actually hit most of the time and doesn't do just 18 damage.

Dang... you beat me to it:o

Yeah discharge is the best unless some annoying pokemon has lightning rod.....

Foe-seal orb or Petriy orb to stop my foes so the enemies can become easy picking, any orbs that effects the room is always a good backup plan.

Even better :)

kirby8933083
18th January 2009, 2:17 AM
Discharge is by-far one of, if not thee, best full room effecting moves. Only down side is those pesky Porygon Z's & Rhypoirs. (or how ever you spell that pokemon's name) I've never used Blizzard in battle, but I'll assume it gives decent HP damage. :/ it does have the plus of no pokemon abilities that prevent it from giving damage. Vacuum Cut is terrible in monster houses imo. Didn't give much damage at all, got rid of it not long after my first monster house.

Sapphire Phoenix
18th January 2009, 2:49 AM
Roar of Time/Earth Power. Dialga is always my leader... Roar of Time is good except for its low PP, and I use Earth Power when there's no more Roars of Time left.

pidgey rules
18th January 2009, 10:43 AM
ominous wind its a stat boosting multi hit move or discharge if i run out of pp

PurpleMew
18th January 2009, 10:50 AM
Ominous Wind is the best but Discharge/Blizzard are a close second.

rekreatur
18th January 2009, 12:01 PM
Discharge. Blizzard is good too, but I think it's kind of annoying when the Pokémon freeze because I can't hit them then.

Shadow Tepi 8
18th January 2009, 1:16 PM
Discharge and Blizzard are both the best when it comes monster houses. Two in my main team have those moves. Mudkip and Porygon-Z.

Torpoleon
18th January 2009, 2:39 PM
Discharge, if there is no Pokemon with Lightingrod.

TurtwigFan1
18th January 2009, 3:16 PM
Discharge is good and one for me is Earthquake. Sure it hurts my team, but it defeats all the opponents 90% of the time. Then I just pick 'em off.

Brumrha
18th January 2009, 3:28 PM
I can actually come up with a few ways to effectively clear a MH without using orbs:

-Sweet Scent + Silver Wind or Attack Order + Linked together = Cleared MH with no survivors!

-Any room AOE move + Concentrator skill = Cleared MH with no survivors!

-Blizzard + Hail or Snow Warning = Cleared MH with no survivors!

-Ominous Wind + Drifblim's Unburden = Cleared MH, unless you really have the dead man's curse upon thee...

However, if you can effectively anticipate which rooms have a MH, you can tell your guys to hold up while you're two steps away from the said room. Then you can enter the room, & if it is a MH, you can simply go back these two squares into the hallway, thus effectively bottlenecking them, & virtually nullify their strength in numbers.

pidgey rules
18th January 2009, 3:39 PM
Discharge and blizzard and ominous wind linked with concentrator = NOTHING LEFT

~Silver Aura~
18th January 2009, 3:56 PM
I always use Discharge it's mega helpful especailly if the majority of the monster house is water type pokemon lol done in one hit. :)

Excitable Boy
18th January 2009, 4:07 PM

And then you only have one move for regular dungeon exploration.

Brumrha
18th January 2009, 4:23 PM

All I can say about this is that's overkill; you really don't need three whole room AOE moves, especially if you have Concentrator.

Seafarer
18th January 2009, 9:58 PM
Let's see... My top ones would be Powder Snow, Blizzard, and Spacial Rend. Nothing can stop them hitting the whole room, they don't do fixed damage, they don't hurt your team, and they don't do anything to you. Earth Power also fits, but I'm morally opposed to Earth Power because of the fact that Nidoqueens and Camerupts keep killing me with it in those HUGE rooms so loved by Giant Volcano and World Abyss.

-Rookai-
18th January 2009, 10:37 PM
When I chose Torchic, I realized that Mirror Move helps keep me alive during monster houses. The downsides are: a. the number of turns it lasts b. regular attacks go right through it. Mirror Move + Partner's Discharge, Blizard, ect. = an effective strategy to eliminating Monster Houses.

(s.i.e)
19th January 2009, 2:14 PM
most of the time i use discharge to clear things like this, if i have to beat all of them by hand i would be busy for the rest of the day.

Kevin074
20th January 2009, 7:28 AM
ominous wind is ok

Rommath
22nd January 2009, 7:24 AM
Heat Wave was a good one in PMD1 when I used Charizard. In PMD2, Discharge works well.

undeadmage36
22nd January 2009, 9:35 AM
Discharge and blizzard. Discharge has a much higher chance of hitting but when it's hailing blizzard is better.

diddykong
22nd January 2009, 7:55 PM
Heat Wave and Discharge. Since Heat Wave has such a selected range of users, Discharge might just be better.

Eeveelution01
22nd January 2009, 10:22 PM
Discharge is the best.

Dragon Rules
23rd January 2009, 12:07 AM
Heat wave and blizzard,those two moves can KO almost any pokemon or burn/freeze them.

Brumrha
24th January 2009, 2:47 PM
Let's see... My top ones would be Powder Snow, Blizzard, and Spacial Rend. Nothing can stop them hitting the whole room, they don't do fixed damage, they don't hurt your team, and they don't do anything to you. Earth Power also fits, but I'm morally opposed to Earth Power because of the fact that Nidoqueens and Camerupts keep killing me with it in those HUGE rooms so loved by Giant Volcano and World Abyss.

I have three solutions for your dilemma: you can either have a flying-type leader with erratic player skill, have a pressurizer on your team, or have a leader with levitate or magnet rise. In any case they'll be stuck doing (next to) no damage to you &/or will run out of PP for it, so take your pick.

When I chose Torchic, I realized that Mirror Move helps keep me alive during monster houses. The downsides are: a. the number of turns it lasts b. regular attacks go right through it. Mirror Move + Partner's Discharge, Blizard, ect. = an effective strategy to eliminating Monster Houses.

Having Mirror Move actually is not that bad of an idea, as some of those dungeons, with the seven treasure dungeons taking special note of this, have move-spammers for enemies.

Zeb
27th January 2009, 2:23 AM
I'd personally say blizzard as i've used it alot on PMD1

Zeb
27th January 2009, 2:25 AM
I'd personally say blizzard as i've used it alot on PMD1

gleamingxxpidgeot
27th January 2009, 2:31 AM
BLIZZARD

its me ;395; and ;257;

Raikou_fan
27th January 2009, 9:17 PM
I've used pikachu and charmander as my starters. They're now charizard and Raichu. Although discharge works well, heat wave has always worked the best for me. One shot will usually wipe out all the weaker enemies, and two will usually finish it.

EeveeSkitty
29th January 2009, 10:12 AM
Discharge, Blizzard and Heat Wave.

aggron333
31st January 2009, 3:27 AM
im usually to lazy to attack all those pokemon so i use a warp orb

Protoman EXE
31st January 2009, 3:10 PM
I would say blizzard and discharge because they do alot of damage and don't miss often. XD

Excitable Boy
1st February 2009, 5:45 PM
Um... out of all of the "whole room" moves, Blizzard has the lowest accuracy.

FrostFlash
1st February 2009, 8:07 PM
Um... out of all of the "whole room" moves, Blizzard has the lowest accuracy.

Not just Blizzard. Discharge seems to miss VERY often for me as well. Silver Wind is the best out of all the monster house clearing moves, because it's available as a TM, often gives stat and speed boosts to ensure another round of sweeping if the room isn't fully cleared, and the damage is not as easily screwed up by any Pokemon types or abilities. Like as in Ominous Wind is resisted easily by Normal types and Heat Wave is basically nullified by Flash Fire Pokemon. Tinted Lens Yanmega's Silver Wind rocks.

Draco Meteor's not very good, unless the user has very high Sp. Atk to K.O. the Pokemon in the room in 1 hit. It's fairly accurate and only Steel types resist it though. I use it with my Flygon, along with Earth Power.

The Baron of Fate
2nd February 2009, 12:47 AM
Blizzard by far. Especially since my team is a hail team, so it never misses! =D Next comes Earth Power, and Ominous Wind/Silver Wind

On a different hand, Spore and Dark Void suck. I used it in a monster house once, and was like, ZOMG!!! This is SO going to pwn. Then I used it, and ALL of the pokemon had Non-sleeper. I Was heart broken, and instantly retired my Darkrai team.

Short Wing
2nd February 2009, 2:13 AM
From personal experience I'd like to stick with Discharge!

MKFC
3rd February 2009, 9:27 AM
I've always used Discharge for that since Pikachu learned it. Earth Power is also good if Pikachu's not there.

Camgreenish
5th February 2009, 8:42 AM
I use Discharge, probally because that's the only move I have that hits all Pokemon in a room. My Pikachu learned it.

Discharge does a good amount of damage, the downside it that it misses often. And Lightning rods make it worthless.

Quanyails
5th February 2009, 9:30 PM
Ominous Wind/Discharge from Rotom,
Roar of Time/Earth Power from Dialga.

Noheart
5th February 2009, 10:09 PM
A heat wave from Charizard is nice.

7eeveelutions
5th February 2009, 10:15 PM
I like Discharge and Blizzard. I prefer Discharge over Blizzard because it seems to hit more often.

Silverninetails
6th February 2009, 1:34 PM
Blizzard. Once it wiped out an entire monster house.

DiscoSaur
6th February 2009, 9:56 PM
Definitely Discharge.

Excitable Boy
6th February 2009, 10:01 PM
Blizzard. Once it wiped out an entire monster house.

Once. That's all that needs to be said about Blizzard.

Silverninetails
8th February 2009, 6:40 AM
On all the other times I use it, it'll wipe out 80-90% of the monster house, so there you go.
Blizzard rocks. Forever.

heatran_ran
8th February 2009, 11:09 AM
this should be a poll...
Anyway, my fayourite move is discharge. Can do great dmage.
Plus, lots of pokemon learn it. Downside is that if theirs an electrike/rhydon etc. (lightningrod) my best weapon is nullified. :(

Yuppirox
9th February 2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah, Discharge is way better than Vacuum Cut. My back up if there is no more PP is Thunder Bolt if there is no pokez with lightning rod or anything like that. It hits all targets withing a one tile range (to give me some air for Pete's sake!) But just for Electric Types like Pikachu, any thing else similar is great with me. My final back up is a Foe-Seal, Fear, or Petrify orbs. They work wonders.=)

Wigglytuff FTW!
10th February 2009, 2:52 AM
The only MHMs I've used were Discharge and RoT. Dicharge because in EoT (too many acronyms >.<) because my partner was a Pikachu, and Roar of Time because Dialga pwns. I have an Empoleon w/ Blizzard, but it's always 3rd in the team. -.-
But what I usually do is, since I restarted my Time, I'm now a Blaziken and Torterra for partner, I just use a petrify orb and just walk through with the major slow down, then I kill any pokes with good stuff under 'em and move on.

fire fan 888
11th February 2009, 6:30 PM
discharge. its a really good attack for them

serebiifreak
11th February 2009, 9:40 PM
Dark Void since only Darkrai can learn it and his special ability.
Discharge can do some good damage as well. (for my pikachu he can kill ground pokemon)

Lucario_Dragon
28th February 2009, 2:23 PM
Since my team is usually just Lucario and vaccum-cut is awful I use dark pulse. unless I can aura sphere/force palm without getting hit.

1dev13
28th February 2009, 2:26 PM
Well, since my team is Lv. 100, I just use my "a button" move, and they most of the time faint right away...

CrYsTaL-Suicune
1st March 2009, 1:53 PM
Roar of Time if it's Dialga, Spacial Rend if it's Palkia and EQ if it's Swampert. Though it's also fun to use a Petrify Orb/Foe-Hold Orb and then K.O. them one by one. XD

Queen_Lugia
1st March 2009, 6:43 PM
For me, Powder Snow and Heat Wave are where it's at. I gained alot of levels using Articuno's PS in the Psychic Maze of the Makuhita Dojo in PMD1. I recently restarted my EoT file and don't have access to many room-wide moves in PMD2:EoT. (I've just gotten back from the Expedition, BTW.)

EDIT: Rank UP! W00t! :D

Skull-Kid
7th March 2009, 12:36 PM
Discharge.Do I need to say any more?

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 1:57 PM
i trained alot lately and it seems i can kill alot of them just by a simple kick,
i'm afraid i level grinded a bit too much^^;

anyway i often use discharge and sometimes something like flamethrower if they can only come from one direction.

SilverLanayru
10th March 2009, 3:01 PM
Heat Wave, Blizzard, or Discharge would be either one of the best moves...but I'd go for Heat Wave, hands down! My Charizard rarely misses with this move ^^;

Umbreon-dana
10th March 2009, 5:19 PM
Spacial Rend, it's only resisted by Steels, hits everything, and has a high critical hit ratio.

_ZK
10th March 2009, 5:29 PM
Heat wave
earthquake

sizida
11th March 2009, 2:28 AM
for me? first do lock on, then i just use perish song!(only smeargle can do this) yeah i won't gain exp from this.

usually, if i have partners, drifblim is the best. its unburden really helps it to do multiple moves with the cost of 1 PP. moves that helps to boost all stats are the best (silver wind, ominous wind but ancient power is not that great), so you get to attack again without being attacked.

The T.C.
8th August 2009, 10:58 PM
I usually use Discharge since I'm a pikachu, though Silver wind has gotten me through where there's lightning rods.

I just wish chikorita could learn a room sweeper so the rhyemporers wouldn't suck the life out of me in dark crater.

Tx85
10th August 2009, 9:01 AM
I have Heat Wave (Charizard) and Blizzard (Empoleon) and it never let me down.
But I think that Heat Wave it's better, because it's more accurate than Blizzard, since it never failed in my Charizard :D

sweet_piplup123
10th August 2009, 9:44 AM
Meh, I just use Blizzard.

ExboCooope
10th August 2009, 11:07 AM
Articuno ---- Mind Reader + Powder Snow (9 pp)
get *1.5 exp while cleaning out MH

frozenthunder
11th August 2009, 2:27 AM
since i only have red rescue team i use heat wave to get the kob done most of the time otherwise my other team members can take care of themselves enougth that i never worry about them fainting so they help clear th room too

Rainbowdashtheawesome
15th August 2009, 3:27 PM
I'm playing as Snorlax, so my only real option is Blizzard. I do have Darkrai in my team and it is never shy about using Dark Void to make everybody in the monster house go nighty-night.

Purplepassion
16th August 2009, 7:32 AM
Spacial Rend and Heat Wave are my faves.
I used to beat so many Monster Houses in PMD1 w/ Heat Wave...

Illusione-Tempus
16th August 2009, 12:02 PM
Blizzard, works great since Heat Wave's not here T.T

I miss Heat Wave, I miss my Charizard at PMD Red Rescue Team :p

M4zz
17th August 2009, 8:58 AM
Heat wave or lava plume.

suicune lover
18th August 2009, 8:08 PM
Blizzard
Yes, rubbish accuracy, but has a chance to freeze too.

Nebbio
18th August 2009, 8:31 PM
Heatwave because it's awesome. Powder Snow is good as well.

Koridojo_Blaziken
20th August 2009, 12:24 AM
Back in the days of PMD1 I preferred to use Heat Wave on the occasions when I chose to play as a Charmander.

Now, though, in PMD2, being a Blaziken I prefer to use Mirror Move. Granted it's not a 'hit all' move, but you have no idea how many times using it has saved my a** from a grand beating. X_X

Sprintking
20th August 2009, 12:41 AM
Heatwave, Earthquake, and Blizzard, depending on your pokemon

Rayquaza Master777
20th August 2009, 12:51 AM
Either Discharge or Blizzard. Both hit all opponents, and both have a chance of afflicting a status problem.

calze6
22nd August 2009, 3:17 AM
Ominous and silver wind - good chance of boosting all stats.

hailflameblast
28th August 2009, 4:45 PM
Blizzard-not great accuracy, but gets the job done, with a chance of a freeze

goldgolem
30th August 2009, 10:55 PM
i use spacial rend since it affects most pokemon pretty effectively.

Encyclopika
1st September 2009, 7:06 PM
Since I play as Pikachu, Discharge is the best monster house move I have - completely destroyed a house in the water area within 2 moves, it was hilarious.
Tried Vacuum Cut for a while on a Butterfree, but it wasn't nearly as effective and only gave me trouble by waking up enemies when not in a house. I should look into Blizzard and Heat Wave, though, for partners.

Delcatty
3rd September 2009, 1:58 AM
Spacial Rend.
Discharge has a LOT of problems: Lightningrod, Volt Absorb, but most of all, MOTOR DRIVE. *grumblegrumble*
Heatwave is great -- until you find pokemon with flash fire.
EQ hurts your team members unless they have levitate.
Blizzard is great -- until you miss.
Ominous Wind is pretty good, but you have to take Drifblim's item.
Silverwind is fine, but most of the pokemon that get it don't have such great stats.
Now, Palkia, on the other hand... It's a freaking BEAST. It can sense stairs and walk right through walls to get to 'em. That not enough for you? How about if you add Concentrater? And I could go on for ages.

shayminboy133
3rd September 2009, 2:59 PM
blizzard good for me but vacume cut is bad!

jolteonjak
3rd September 2009, 8:39 PM
I-Ominous Wind + Drifblim's Unburden = Cleared MH, unless you really have the dead man's curse upon thee...

That's my answer. Though I have to try Yanmega Silver Wind...

yanmegy423
3rd September 2009, 9:44 PM
The most succesful move would have been Surf or Heat Wave because i chose Charmander and Piplup...

goldgolem
4th September 2009, 11:44 PM
Spacial Rend seems like the most effective Monster House move really.

squlicky4
19th September 2009, 11:59 AM
for me its discharge learned by pikachu or spacial rend by palkia

GoodPokemonTrainer121
24th September 2009, 6:06 PM
for me is either Discharge or Blizzard

Lithium_Catalysis
29th September 2009, 10:52 PM
They're all so inaccurate, it's depressing. But I'd have to go with Heat Wave. I've been using that as my MH-clearing move ever since the beginning of the franchise.

Lorde
29th September 2009, 10:55 PM
Heat Wave would be my first choice. If not that move then Blizzard.

I usually have someone on my team with one of those moves just incase.

They are inaccurate however.

Pokemon-Dratini
29th September 2009, 10:55 PM
discharge almost always works for me, unless theirs a pokemon with freaking lightning rod, then i geuss blizzard or mirror move

sweet_piplup123
1st October 2009, 2:21 PM
My leader Piplup uses Blizzard, and I'm waiting for Mothim to learn Silver Wind ^^

*Jean Grey*
1st October 2009, 3:48 PM
Heat Wave and Blizzard are the ones I use most often. In my team, Charizard carries Heat Wave and Blastoise and Milotic have Blizzard