PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I have a question...answer pl0x?

rh1thmz
20th January 2009, 6:14 AM
Hello, I am new to this forum (obviously, since I posted here). Is there a spot on these forums where I can trade and trade back my Porygon? I have a Porygon that I'd like to evolve into a Porygon-Z using my Up-Grade and Dubious Disc, but I haven't come across a place where I can trade my pokes here and expect 'em back (such as when trading with someone who wishes to do the same with their Electabuzz/Magmar/Rhydon/etc.).

So, my question is...where, if anywhere, on this forum can I go to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any replies :)

brandyjay
20th January 2009, 6:37 AM
In the area marked 4th generation there is a trade forum. Good to see a new facwe and hope to see you around the forums. PS read the rules
herte is the link http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154

And this is a link to where you can get a buddy to show you around.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=358184

Kreis
20th January 2009, 6:58 AM
With GTS, you can evolve your own Pokemon.

1. Deposit Pokemon in GTS holding the item it uses to evolve
2. Trade any Pokemon in GTS.
3. Go back to the Pokemon you deposited, and withdraw it. After you withdraw it, it will evolve.

rh1thmz
20th January 2009, 11:59 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you only store one poke in GTS at a time and, therefore, only trade one at a time? I've never used GTS before, so I'm just not sure how you would trade any pokes while you have one in the GTS storage. Also, why does this work? The Porygon-Z wasn't even traded...

Sorry if I come off as annoyingly uninformed =\

Also, I've done lots of battling on things like Pokemon Colosseum (lol), so I know what certain clauses are, but where could I go to find the "official" competitive rule set?

Thanks for helping me out, guys! =)

Ellie
21st January 2009, 2:32 AM
For the GTS trick thing, you have to make a trade by offering on someone else's Pokemon that they stored. I think it's easier to just trade with someone if you can trust someone, but that's just me.

There's a topic about Standard Rules in 4th Gen Wifi Center. Please try to look around more before posting.

rh1thmz
21st January 2009, 3:34 AM
I just tried out the GTS and figured it all out. Thanks for the clarification and the information!

And sorry about the looking around issue...I did do a fair bit of surfing these forums, but I also forgot to surf a lot of the sections of the forums, as well. I'll surf the rest of the forums before I ask any more questions.