PDA

View Full Version : What do you breed?

MegaMew
28th January 2009, 12:23 AM
I originally never bred, and I saw the Day Care as a cop-out to leveling Pokemon. Until recently. After defeating the Elite Four with the help of my favorite Pokemon, Victory(A Machoke), I decided that this "alpha male" should pass his abilities on to his children. I promptly put Victory with a random female Machoke(I didn't name her; out of the 15 Machokes that I have caught, only two are female) and the eggs started popping out like hotcakes. The first egg hatched, and it was a male. I named him Genesis. Among others in this family are Exodia(female), Hercules(male), and Champ(male). I've decided to take it upon myself to breed as many Machops as Victory can make! I've given them away(a.k.a. traded them to people for crap-ola) to family and friends. I mean, come on. Who wouldn't want a Level 1 monster that already knows Cross Chop and Submission?

So now I want to know: what do you breed(preferably mass-breed) and why? Also, if there are any monsters "up for adoption", please post them here. If anybody needs a decent starting monster, please let me know. I would gladly impart to you one of Victory's children(especially if you have a baby to trade me for him/her).

Saberu
28th January 2009, 12:49 AM
Submission is a horrible move.
I was trying to catch a pinsir when pidgey were swarming. I found one and it killed itself with submission. DX

Anyway, I'm currently breeding squirtle, but my specialty is mudkips. I have several mudkips with excellent IVs. Now, I'm working at getting relaxed ones. Maybe someday I'll try for egg moves, but that's unlikely.

COKTAL
28th January 2009, 12:53 AM
Right now I'm hatching alot of Riolu's in hopes of getting a Modest one (and if it happens, a Shiny at that). I've breed around 20 now (that's only to get a male one w/ Agility). I'm now going into hatching for one w/ perfect IV's in Sp. Attack and Speed.

Blue_Ditto_256
28th January 2009, 12:54 AM
I recently finished breeding an x/31/x/x/x/31 Nincada to be a Shedinja. I now also have a Volbeat with 31 Attack and Speed IVs. I'm thinking of breeding a Lucario next.

Dapuff
28th January 2009, 12:54 AM
well i use to mass breed charmanders (untill they filled my boxes) trying to get a shiny horray for pokemon ranch!

fast_evo8
28th January 2009, 12:59 AM
I bred 6 boxes of croagunks just to get good IVs, now I only have half a box, i had to release HEAPS! xP

Pikamiki
28th January 2009, 8:01 AM
funnily enough i tend to breed mostly the same pokemon varying occasionaly, my last mass breeds were vulpix and ralts in the hopes of getting good IVs and natures. - not much luck

chikoritalover16
30th January 2009, 1:21 AM
I breed when I need to. For instance, I wanted to get a Togepi with all cute moves that liked sweet to fulfill my dream of getting through all the ranks of a pokemon contest. I think I hatched about five before I got the one I wanted. I bred a TON of Piplups before I finally got a female one, and I always have several pokemon on hand on my Emerald (Chikoritas, starters, and Eevees). I don't really care about stats or things like that.

Defy gravity!
;152;

Sapphire Phoenix
30th January 2009, 1:46 AM
I basically mass breed anything I need to breed. For example, I've mass breeded Ralts for a good natured female. It took me almost 30 eggs before I finally got one. I've also did the same thing for Rhyhorn, since I needed one with... some attack (I can't remember), Rock Head, and an Adamant nature. But I also mass breeded Charmanders in Emerald in an attempt for a shiny one, and Bagon's since they evolve into Salamence... I'm probably going to mass breed Bagon some more, or Totodile :/

InfamousMrJ
30th January 2009, 2:05 AM
I never have a set poke I breed; I just randomly breed.
I'll breed to get a egg a certain way if I break down and decide to ev train, which is rare.
When I still had wi-fi, I'd breed requested pokes for people.
I haven't done any breeding in a while, though. I'll pick back up with Platinum.

Penguinist Trainer
30th January 2009, 4:20 AM
I breed all my pokemon. Mainly so I can have 1 of every evolution and so I can get the different forms of pokemon. I particularly love hatching eggs and having pokemon with excellent movesets at such a young age. Training becomes so much easier after that.

MKFC
31st January 2009, 10:57 AM
I just randomly breed depending on what I wanna train. The only "Mass Breeding" I've done is with Snorlax, trying to get an Adamant one. Instead, I just stuck with a Sassy one with perfect IVs in Attack and Sp. Defense.

BunnieRabbot91
31st January 2009, 11:32 AM
I breed Pokémon for Wifi battling (IV's, natures and movesets) and for friends or other people who can't obtain a certin Pokémon.

Emerald 2006
31st January 2009, 2:19 PM
I'm currently breeding an insane amount of Shinx, hoping for a shiny.
Can't chain worth a darn. So far I have 73 eggs.

Umbreon-dana
1st February 2009, 7:04 PM
I breed when I just plain feel like it, and what I feel like. My current record is 79 Rotoms. 75 of which sucked. :/ I don't remember the exact number, but that was pretty close.

Edit: Well, I dropped the Numel project, and decided to breed for a Jolly DDnite (or Jolly DDtini, as it is now) and a Calm Spiritomb, both were a success.

COKTAL
1st February 2009, 7:10 PM
Right now, I'm breeding Craniodos, trying to get a Brave one w/ perfect Attack IV's and the lowest speed I can possible get (for a Trick Roomer). Right now, I've just gotten a Female Brave one that I'm going to use to breed w/ a Swampert to teach Hammer Arm.

Dabottle
4th February 2009, 11:52 AM
I'm getting prepared to breed a Chimchar for Platinum and I have My Meditite at level 29 (I thought I has saved when it was 35). When it evolves I'll be passing down Thunder Punch, Fire Punch and Brick Break which I got from my in-game Infernape.

I'm then going to breed Energy Ball on to a Seedot (Via Jumpluff) so My brother can have a Budew with Energy ball and Extrasensory on Platinum.

I may breed something for Diamond to actually use soon.

Hollyoaks the espeon
4th February 2009, 12:08 PM
I haven't no idea, will know when egg hatches.

Pinksizzors
5th February 2009, 10:08 PM
I find it easier to breed special based pokemon because most of my dittos have natures that benefit special pokes.

I think I might breed a skuntank next, or maybe a bronzong.

Linzap7
8th February 2009, 9:46 PM
i breed totidiles and i got a deoxys from it like 4 months ago LOL

Absol trainer
9th February 2009, 2:50 PM
Well, I breed pokémons when I get a idea for a competetive battling pokémon, or otherwise is there still the dream of getting a shiny squirtle from eggs...

PiplupMan
14th February 2009, 7:58 PM
I breed Empoleon with Ditto or Piplup (one of it's children sick but i know) and have once breeded it with another Empoleon they same level 100 my friends one and it knew great egg moves i take care of it it with the mother. She has had loads of kids like 100 that is alot of piplups!

Draknir
14th February 2009, 8:51 PM
I mainly breed for my Wi-Fi team(Which I haven't done in a long time).

Otherwise I just breed to get things in my Dex in Diamond or Platinum(Not Pearl 'cuz it has a complete dex minus Arceus).

DarkLegend
19th February 2009, 7:34 PM
I breed pretty much everything...
Infact every pokemon I use has been custom bred for nature's and abilities...
I released their parents back into the wild where they rightfully belong...

sapphire_addict
19th February 2009, 7:39 PM
i breed for one of three reasons.
1. to get egg moves. i'm a bit obsessed with this. it's just so fun.
2. for shinies. i've been breeding my shiny rosarade for like 3 months now, after over 50 eggs still no luck. i got bored after a while.
3. for eevee. yes that's odd but i get some wierd pleasure breeding dozens of eevees.

Selfdestruct Togepi
19th February 2009, 8:11 PM
Me? I've got at least 50 lvl 1 baby Koffings (as a result of finding a shiny one... which it worked!)

InfamousMrJ
19th February 2009, 8:12 PM
I breed for certain egg moves, even if I never plan to use the pokemon. As well, I breed random pokes to use in a mystery egg trade that I do at another site, and Murkrows. Don't ask. ^^'

GDynamic
20th February 2009, 2:10 AM
I jumped around, my project right now is Wish. I've bred Eevees with Wish and right now I'm working on Cleffas with Wish and soon I'll be working on Chansey with Wish.

I also just finished Phanphy with Ice Shard, Squirtle with Mirror Coat and Tentacruel with Mirror Coat. My project before that was Larvitar, Charmanders and Totodiles with Dragon Dance which I had about a box of each for awhile.

Arone95
20th February 2009, 2:31 AM
I often mass breed my steelixs (it ends up a bunch of onixs)... Why? I have a steel fetish! lol
They automatically know like Rock HMs!

Drako
21st February 2009, 10:33 PM
i'm breeding for elekids with good ivs

WhyteMage
22nd February 2009, 6:05 AM
I mass breed Eevee. Why? Because I never (EVER) have one when I need one. I've got lots of bold ones though, some of which have wish. Unfortunately, I don't have wifi at the moment, so don't ask.

The other thing I MAY have mass breeded was Onix. I needed an impish Steelix with rock head, and I was doing it on LG, so no everstone trick. That took ages, and now i have heaps of them on box. Heh.

chilo_life
4th March 2009, 6:43 PM
I use to hatch all 9 starters back in the Ruby/Sapphire days. Each had their own box filled. I went to a trading card league every Sunday, and people would always come to me, "Hey man, can I like get a Mudkip or what?" It was cool back in the day.

Ze DreamGirl
5th March 2009, 2:52 PM
Ok I have almost 20 drattinis, ten chimchars, 4 gastlys and 2 timid riolus...and I am currently breeding Larvitars...

shadowkami
5th March 2009, 3:58 PM
I don't spend a lot of time breeding over 9000 eggs just to get one right nature.
Instead I catch dittos and name them for the nature they inherit. I'm planning on getting ones with good IVs.

jwla
5th March 2009, 5:56 PM
I like to breed for attacks. Not that I battle competitively, but, it's fun to do.

Dig-kun
5th March 2009, 8:29 PM
Well, I have already bred:
Bagons (around 100)
Ralts (120)
Scythers (120)
Cubones (40)
Elekids (20)
Machops (20)

I think just these
^^
Well, I do this for IV breeding
=D

And the nature and egg moves are the easiest part
As I have boxes of Dittos of a lot of natures and the egg moves are inherited if I have the male with the move, so it's easy
^^

NotChip
6th March 2009, 11:41 AM
I breed for adamant Metagrosses!!! Well, Beldums in the hope that one day I will have a perfect attacking Metagross......

With that said I'm certain I have it,
2 Days ago I bred another 12 and filtered down to the final one that I chose and according to Serebii's IV calculator it has the following IV's (using the lowest number if its only 50% sure)

HP: 30 (100%)
Attack: 31 (100%) WOOOOT!!!!! Oh how I longed for this day! That means 405 attack at level 100 is on its way!
Defense: 8 (50%)
Sp.Attack: 30 (50%)
Sp.Defense: 29 (50%)
Speed: 20 (50%)

With the exception of defense I think that's bloody good! (especially for me who never useually ever gets a single field with 28+ IVs so to get 3, possibly 4 is amazing) I may be able to counter that poor defense by teaching it Iron defense but I only want to have 1 non attacking move which means no agility or magnet rise.
Unless Meteor mash and Earthquake are all the attack moves I need?

Now, I already have 2 other Metagrosses fully trained and useable in the battle-tower but I just can't bare to part with them so I've named all 3 of them. I now need to think of move sets to give each one so there all different.
I'll have 1 for double battles, 1 for main single battles (this new one) and one for AI dual battles.

I cant think of a name
7th March 2009, 7:08 AM
The only reason I ever breed for is to get good IVs, recently I have been breeding to get a good Magby.

pokemon ruler
7th March 2009, 7:40 AM
i used to IV breed vurtualy anything until my game was deleted the last thing i was breeding were eevees with cirtain hidden powers

fast_evo8
7th March 2009, 7:43 AM
Well lately I've been breeding Bold Wishin Eevees with 31 Ivs in HP and Def and Trying for 31 Sp. A IVs ^^ They will be awsome Vappys

chaoses
7th March 2009, 7:58 AM
my curent project

eevees with wish yawn fake tears and curse
with certain hps

Trainer Emily
7th March 2009, 12:14 PM
Just recently finished the Timid Staryu with Wonderfully outstanding & x/x/x/31/x/31 IVs project from Emerald.

Next: Jolly/Adamant x/31/x/x/x/31 Dratinis, or some mixed ones with x/31/x/31/x/31, since I used the Male Bagon with x/31/x/31/x/31 IVs as father.

Already got a heap of good-IV'd Pokemon, including ones from year 2007 (from Emerald, since I have no D/P yet that time) and legends.

Zero Nexus
7th March 2009, 12:22 PM
I just breed whatever i have to. At the moment i'm mass-breeding Treecko's to put on the GTS. Mass-breeding for the GTS workds pretty well, especially since Treecko's seem to be in high demand :p At the moment i have hatched 4 of them, which i have named Ichigo, Renji, Byakuya and Kenpachi. I'm currently hatching another, which i will name Urahara if it is a boy, and Rukia if it's a girl.

Zhanton
11th March 2009, 8:12 AM
Starters, Eevees, thats basically it xD I don't breed much.

skillwise
11th March 2009, 10:07 AM
starters and other high demand pokemon

UltraCan
14th March 2009, 11:59 AM
I breed starters and Manaphy ! ;490;

Jhonny
14th March 2009, 12:09 PM
I'm trying to breed an acceptable Feebas right now. So far I'm okay with my Metagross and Salamence.

ButtFaceMurphy
15th March 2009, 1:18 AM
I usually breed starters. Feebas also.

Angel Xtreme
15th March 2009, 2:27 AM
Memorable Breedings:

-Budew Female Modest with Natural Care Ability, Extrasensory and Leaf Storm Moves-
I used Shiftry for the Egg Moves and a average Roselia.
I didn't had a Modest Female Roselia so it was difficult to get it with a Modest Nature.
Because I didn't knew the box trick to know what were the Eggs Nature and Ability I obtained quite a bunch of Budew. Five of them had a Timid Nature and only one was a Modest, luckily also was Female with Natural Cure.
I already traded the Timid ones and the rest are living in My Pokémon Ranch (they were the first ones to invade it).

-Female Togepi with Calm Nature and Serene Grace-
The Hell!!! I used a Male Togetic and a Calm Ditto.
Now I knew the box trick so I always hatched Calm/Serene Grace Togepi, but it doesn't help with the gender, and the probability of getting a Female Togepi is of 12.5 %.
I have many Male Togepi with Calm/Serene Grace.
At last I got "The One" and became happy... except that the next egg that I hatched was also a Female Togepi with Calm Nature and Serene Grace!!! Because it was way to extreme to get one, the second one is going to my future Platinum version.
If somebody wants a Male Togepi with Calm/Serene Grace you can have it for anything.
I'm currently trading them in GTS for regulars pokemon.

-"The Female Platinum Pokémon Team"- (Still deciding the Team Name)
I'm going to breed the Pokémon that are in my signature: Gardevoir (Ralts), Loppuny (Buneary), Mismagius (Misdreavus), Rosedare (Budew) and Froslass (Snorunt).
For Budew I used the Rosedare from my last breeding and a new Male Budew for the Egg Moves (Ironically it became Timid, What I have with the Timid Male Budew???).
Way too easier than the last time, now I have 3 Male Modest/Natural Care/Extrasensory/Leaf Storm Budew and Yet Another Timid/Natural Care/Extrasensory/Leaf Storm Budew (Seriously, what the hell???), and the fable Female Modest/Natural Care/Extrasensory/Leaf Storm Budew
I'm going to trade the Male Budew's for D/P Tm's.
For Buneary I used a Lv. 56 Male Hitmonchan for the Egg Moves Thunder punch/Ice punch/Fire punch/Sky Uppercut and a recently hatched Lv. 1 Adamant Buneary (Mm... maybe I'll get into legal problems for doing these kind of things).
Easy, got only two Adamant Run Away(in order to get Cute Charm when evolves) Buneary with Elemental Punches and Sky Uppercut from this incorrect relationship (Now is Lv. 16 but still...).
I'm gonna kept the younger one in Diamond and the older one (for 5 minutes) will become part of "The Female Platinum Pokémon Team" (Still deciding the Team Name).
I'm still deciding for Ralts, Misdreavus and Snorunt their Moves and Natures, but when its done, I will breed, EV train and transfer all of them to Platinum, when I get it.

zlxq3000
15th March 2009, 6:10 PM
Right now, it's Kanto and Johto starters in an attempt to both get perfect IVs and certain moves, as well as certain natures (although I've already gotten females holding Everstones with every nature for each pokemon that I need except for Totodile). Afterwards, I'll be breeding all of my main party members from 3rd and 4th gen for the same purposes.

mR.tOp37
16th March 2009, 4:01 PM
well, im currently breeding the pokemon in my team, im done with duskull(dusknoir), next is snorunt (froslass). wish me luck! :D

~mR.tOp37

Laprasluver101
17th March 2009, 5:25 AM
Currently, I am breeding Lapras and Togepi. I mean, who doesn't want a Togepi who already knows Metronome to start with and a Lapras that has Perish Song at Lv. 1? My new business in Platinum will still be the same, but I'm going to start raising Milotics and Dragonites for trade. Hopefully all will go well.

InfamousMrJ
17th March 2009, 5:40 AM
New breeding projects underway.
In preparation for Platinum, I’m breeding for my main team.

Yanma, Nosepass, Tangela, Duskull, Togepi are my main five to breed for, as I’m unsure about the past poke.

morri
17th March 2009, 3:07 PM
My first ever breeding was Pichus :D back in Silver- I extra got a female Pikachu for that matter.
Now i breed starters mainly and whatever I need , or feel like.

Zimiii
17th March 2009, 4:13 PM
I'm breeding a Little Cup team for PBR. I have already bred an Elekid and a Scyther. I'm Currently training two Lileeps to learn Stockpile, so I can pass it to the baby. the male knows Rock Slide and Recover, two egg moves.

Birds of Paradise
17th March 2009, 4:32 PM
Currently breeding for my wifi team. Just finished breeding and evolved weavile with ice punch. It took a while, but I finally got a female jolly one that I gave an everstone to, so all I had to do was check ivs. Checked about 12 of them before getting one with 29 iv speed and 30 in attack. Now I'm breeding adament/jolly dratini's that know dragon dance. In the meantime I'm trying to obtain as many rare candies as possible so I dont have to do the league thing again, which took about 2 weeks for me (and that was with weavile holding a lucky egg).

Raikou_fan
17th March 2009, 5:06 PM
I don't really breed, but when I feel like it I shiny breed. Shinys bred to date: 0. Lol it takes too long.

SupremeJudicator
17th March 2009, 5:18 PM
right now I'm breeding for a shiny squirtle..... ugh, it is taking forever.... *sigh*

Overheat Hothead
17th March 2009, 5:33 PM
Right now, I'm breeding Cyndaquil. I've been interested in training a Typhlosion for a while, so I'm glad I'm finally getting around to breeding.

pcstampede
18th March 2009, 12:51 AM
Was breeding Feebas's earlier today. Got the 6 modest ones out of a batch twelve. Currently EV training the one that will be on my main team.

chimchar19
21st March 2009, 5:46 AM
The only time I breed pokemon is when I have to get a nature from a specific pokemon for my team. It does take awhile to get them though.