PDA

View Full Version : Hi There!

Schatten
28th January 2009, 10:15 PM
Hi i'm schatten, new here (obviously!), and have been lurking the forum up until now for quiet sometime...

A bit about me and pokemon
Well, i like probably 99% of all of you was part of the pokemon craze back in the 90's but stopped playing after Crystal feeling i had grown "too old for it"...though i do admit i went back and beat sapphire--bit skipped FR/LG
This past Summer however i had some money to burn and nothing to do so i figured sure why not and i found that the game had a depth i did not see when i was younger. After burning through the pokemon league i started reading about EV's, egg moves and competitive battling.

But all i know about Competitive battling is (almost) all theoretical xD, so i'm kind of a Newb. Personal preference is UU due to a larger acceptable pool to choose from theoretically, i tihnk for the most part standard movesets are lame... I mean i can See WHY they are the standard movesets but it just seems like 1. it'd be more rewarding to win with one that isn't used by everyone in the metagame and 2. predictable i guess.

Me personally? i'm a college student, bi lingual and am a BA Major. :) Cheers, hope you guys are fun.

DAVEZILLA
28th January 2009, 10:24 PM
Hi, I'm new too! what other language do you speak??

BA as in the arts? Totally awesome.

Have an awesome day Schatten.

Schatten
28th January 2009, 10:26 PM
BA as in Business Administration. :)

I speak english and german both fully fluent and literate, with english being my second language-- my stepfather is an american soo...you get the idea. ^^;

DAVEZILLA
28th January 2009, 10:29 PM
Haha~ I haven't actually entered college so all those acronyms get me mixed up... You know how it is.

German sounds harsh- I like harsh.

Animal81
28th January 2009, 11:29 PM
Hey there I'm new too. The only thing is that I've been floating around the website for sometime before joining.