PDA

View Full Version : The DC/Marvel Comics Club II

catseye4
2nd February 2009, 10:51 PM
Okay the original club practically died, so i decided to repost it because it was sort of popular. Here are the original rules, with some edits.

Do you like DC or Marvel comics? Then join this club! We'll discuss everything from classic team ups to Final Crisis and Dark Reign. PM me or post to join the club, and I'll PM you back or post your status.

Rules-
-People can have their own opinions, don't get mad at someone you don't agree with.
-Don't spam
-Be considerate and nice to others.
-Respect people of power. If the president bans you from the club, listen to them
-Abide by the club forum rules. Please read them before joining.
-Have fun (or else).
-Essentially just follow the serebii site rules and you should be okay.

New to this incarnation of the club will be contests (design a hero or villian) ranks (sidekick, hero, partner, butler, etc) that you gain by posting various information. overall, just add to the well of knowledge and you'll have fun...

(: -catseye4, club president

crobatman
4th February 2009, 6:10 PM
Yes! I want to join again.

the sad thing is that our local comic book store is out of business. However, the good news is that I am going to order subscriptions to Spiderman, Deadpool, and maybe something else to keep in touch with Dark Reign!

I love the exciting twist they keep doing in marvel.

I am a fan of DC also, but I just read marvel more.
So, here is a topic: What do you think of Norman Osborn leading the Avengers?

It is crazy!

catseye4
5th February 2009, 12:42 AM
thankyou so much for rejoining crowbatman! i also asked the other vets if they wanted to join, but so far no response. tell all your friends!
i too am reading more marvel than DC these days. i think DC is trying too hard and not obtaining great results. on the other hand, i think marvel is doing amazing. i absolutely loved secret invasion!
i'm kind of confused- is harry osborn menace?
now there are more avengers teams than ever. the mighty is like the original one, but with some new twists (i love that new wasp costume). new is practically just a combination of the old mighty and new. lastly, dark is like mighty but evil. and what did Norman Osborn give the Sentry to make him join the team? i though that in the most recent issue of new avengers, it was really lame how Luke Cage was just like, "whatever. i lied. here is a crowbar through your window. bye." osborn is a pretty crafty guy. daken on the team and how wolverine responds is going to be interesting, along with Bullseye becoming hawkeye. no-varr as captain marvel doesn't feel right, he is just too different (he isn't even wearing a captain marvel costume). overall, i think that norman osborn leading the avengers is going to lead into some really cool and intense (awesomeazing) story arks. (;

crobatman
6th February 2009, 3:51 AM
Harry Osborn is not Menace! I thought he was until I read the newest Spiderman comic today. It is actually...Spoiler alert:Lilly Hollister, Harry's girlfriend!!!!

I think Nick Fury is going to be Norman's villian. The roles have switched in the public opinion basically. The good guys are now villians, and the bad guys are now superheroes.

catseye4
7th February 2009, 12:12 AM
i just read the new spideran today and it was pretty suprising. i definately did not expect that coming. but that leaves us to wonder what has harry been up to if he isn't menace?....
even though the roles have switched in the public eye, it's just an illusion. osborn is probably up to something, considering most of the dark avengers are ex thunnderbolts and troublemakers.
do you read cable? this is kind of random but in the latest issue the mutant messiah, hope, who is now seven or something, had a new hairstyle and looked like a boy. it was really wierd...

randomspot555
7th February 2009, 4:06 AM
I'd like to join. Big Marvel Comics fan, and everyone here needs to read Secret Warriors #1. This isn't some BS change, this literally will re-shape the Marvel Universe.

crobatman
8th February 2009, 2:58 AM
Finally! someone else has joined the club.

I have not read much of Cable. I have only read the old Cable and Deadpool comic books.

mangaeyes
8th February 2009, 10:33 AM
I'm in. I'm an X-Pert on X-Men (haha I'm such a nerd...) so if you have an X-Men question just ask away ^_^

New topic: Favourite superhero?
My favourites often change but at the moment I'm really liking Sage for some reason. I like it when they don't just have a super power to cause damage like a laser or something and I prefer it when they think about how to use their abilities and Sage does that very well.

Just to let you know I'm a marvel man and hate DC (:

randomspot555
8th February 2009, 2:06 PM
It fluctuates between Spider-Man and Daredevil, and they share many of the same reasons as to why I like them. Captain America is high up on the list, as well as Iron Fist.

mangaeyes
9th February 2009, 8:15 AM
Meh I find them too superhero-y. Fair enough if its an early comic and then you expect some nice cheesy fun but in newer comics the storylines need to be fresh and not too good vs. evil with things like the Civil War and thats why the X-Men is awesome (imo) because its like a race row and arguing between humans and mutants which can be related to real life.

Pamizard
9th February 2009, 5:03 PM
I would love to join

I love Marval comics, but definietly Spiderman.

catseye4
9th February 2009, 11:00 PM
welcome back mangaeyes! congrats on joining the club, pamizard and randomspot!
the xmen franchise is one of my favorites in marvel. my favorite members of the xmen are probably nightcrawler or beast.
my favorite dc character is definately robin, and for marvel it used to be iron man but now i'm leaning more towards thor. i'm also a blackpanther fan. did you know they're giving the black panther his own animated series? there may even be a live action black panther movie too.
i have secret warriors and it is really awesome but i'm not completely done digesting it yet. nick fury is a beast! my favorite on the team is phobos (quote- "it's call of duty, nicholas.")
topic idea- who do you think would be best in an animated series or movie?
personally i want an iron fist movie. there would be some amazing action scenes, and you could even throw in luke cage. (;

mangaeyes
10th February 2009, 8:27 AM
Favourite villain(s)?
I freakin' love Mystique and Sabretooth. They are just so evil and awesome and they haven't done the pathetic storyline where they show the big evil monster showing pity and they've kept Sabretooth and Mystique as the bloodthursty terrorists they are.

crobatman
10th February 2009, 8:35 PM
My favourite villians?

Marvel: Doctor Doom, Magneto, Norman Osborn, and Venom
DC: Joker and Lex Luthor

We need to do a Superhero/villain matchup to discuss who would win in a fight.
for example Hulk vs. Superman has been done many times.

mangaeyes
10th February 2009, 9:36 PM
We need to do a Superhero/villain matchup to discuss who would win in a fight.
for example Hulk vs. Superman has been done many times.

Haha Magneto vs. IronMan...........I wonder who would win...the man who controls metal or the man whose made out of metal...

catseye4
10th February 2009, 11:13 PM
actually in xmen manifest destiny they kind of turned mystique into a wimp. it was really dissapointing.
favorite villian-
dc- sinestro and hush
marvel- the eddie brock venom and magneto
for a hero/villian matchup how about war machine versus a sentinel army!!!
did you know they're making static shock into a member of the teen titans soon? I used to love that show when i was younger and i even have some of the older static comics. now he is officially part of the dcu as of terror titans (he used to be part of a section of dc, called milestone) and will soon be joining the teen titans!
is anyone going to read battle for the cowl? my bet is on dick grayson becoming batman, damian and robin (tim drake) joining together to fight crime, and on jason todd becoming red robin permanantly. you can see the official list of all eight batman franchise books after battle for the cowl on ign (i love that site). too bad batman is dead, though... (;

randomspot555
11th February 2009, 12:00 AM
actually in xmen manifest destiny they kind of turned mystique into a wimp. it was really dissapointing.

IT's not so much dissapointing. IT's natural. Her children have abandoned and hate her, there's no villanous group, and the X-Men want her dead and the only reason she isn't is because Wolverine had mercy on her.

That said, Manifest Destiny is horribly written.

catseye4
11th February 2009, 2:23 AM
by dissapointing i meant that they turned mystique into a kind of wimpish character. it's logical, just not not that exciting. i agree, randomspot,manifest destiny is badly written.
how about namor versus dr.doom?
does anyone else think that an alfed ongoing series would be awesome?
a submariner live action movie would be pretty cool, but i doubt it is going to happen. actually, a dr. doom live action movie (that doesn't coinincide with the version seen in the FF movies) about his rise to power in lavateria and his origin would be cool. it wouLd just be called DOOM.

crobatman
11th February 2009, 5:46 PM
I would like to see Dr. Doom versus Magneto.
I bet Dr. Doom would win because of magic though.

I have not read much of x-men in a while. The last I read was the Secret Invasion Tie-in, but I never got the last issue of it. What happened? I was very interestefd in Nightcrawler's stance.

catseye4
12th February 2009, 1:36 PM
at the end of xmen secet invasion they surrendered on the skrull ships, then released a strain of that virus that kills all mutants, but this time it works on skrulls instead. the skrull ships self destructed rather than infect more skrulls.
i forget what happened with nightcrawler. i don't think it was anything big, but if i remember to check i'll let you know, crobatman.
yesterday i just got the graphic novel with the first few thunderbolts issues, and it is really different from the modern thunderbolts. it is still really aweosme, though. you guys should check it out. (;

randomspot555
12th February 2009, 1:44 PM
^^ And the Ellis' issues of Thunderbolts starts Norman Osborn's rise to power.

As far as X-Men: Secret Invasion goes, Nightcrawler was going to be revealed as a Skrull, but editorial axed the decision. That's why that sub-plot went nowhere.

thed3
13th February 2009, 10:27 PM
^^ And the Ellis' issues of Thunderbolts starts Norman Osborn's rise to power.
Which is my favorite incarnation of the Thunderbolts!!! Penance = Awesome!!!!!

I'm a total Marvel fan, although I enjoy DC's Teen Titans every so often.

Love the current Avenger's storylines. Yes, all three of them. And I'm looking forward to Dark Reign's Young Avengers mini.

randomspot555
14th February 2009, 5:47 AM
Love the current Avenger's storylines. Yes, all three of them. And I'm looking forward to Dark Reign's Young Avengers mini.

No way.

Dark Avengers has yet to have a story (Though I'm sure it'll be good), New is off to a good start, but Mighty Avengers will probably take the "worst issue of 2009 from a non-Jeph Loeb authored work" for me.

It blatantly ignores every piece of continuity possible. It disconnects itself so much from the MU just so Dan Slott can do his classic 60s avengers story. He plot devices many past Avengers, plot devices Pym into being a leader instead of letting him evolve into one naturally, then he kills off 4 major characters just so everyone knows HOW SERIOUS THIS IS!

Oh, and the Scarlet Witch is all better, has her powers back, and is fine and sane and all that good stuff.

Is any of that explained in the issue? Or even start to explain how any of this is possible? Psssh, we'll get to that later.

It's like a 616 version of Ultimatum, except the stream-of-crap is from Slott instead of Loeb.

mangaeyes
14th February 2009, 8:37 AM
I hate it when they kill people and randomly bring them back. Colossus and Psylocke come to mind.

I jus finished Wolverine: Get Mystique. I thought it was good. ^_^

catseye4
15th February 2009, 3:44 PM
hey guys this might be kind of random but who do you think is better-
Jarvis or Alfred???
Personally I'll have to go with Alfred. (;

mangaeyes
26th February 2009, 5:35 PM
........anyway...

New topic: Favourite Team?
X-Men of course ^_^

randomspot555
26th February 2009, 7:24 PM
Dan Slott continues on his quest to make Hank Pym the most creepy superhero to ever exist:

http://img.waffleimages.com/663a71997406ea37ca900528b66caefd34a187d1/pym.jpg (linked because it's kind of NWS. No nudity, no cursing, but it's kind of implied)

crobatman
26th February 2009, 7:54 PM
hey guys this might be kind of random but who do you think is better-
Jarvis or Alfred???
Personally I'll have to go with Alfred. (;

Alfred, because He is Batman's butler. I think he has a cooler history, but I have to check wikipedia.

Favorite Team:
I like the Defenders! Hulk, Silver Surfer, Doc Strange, and Namor.

Has anyone ever ordered a subscription to comics? I ordered Spiderman and Deadpool 2 weeks ago, and it still has not come. The website says to allow 6 to 8 weeks, but I don't know which issue they will send me first.

randomspot555
26th February 2009, 8:10 PM
Alfred, because He is Batman's butler. I think he has a cooler history, but I have to check wikipedia.

Favorite Team:
I like the Defenders! Hulk, Silver Surfer, Doc Strange, and Namor.

Has anyone ever ordered a subscription to comics? I ordered Spiderman and Deadpool 2 weeks ago, and it still has not come. The website says to allow 6 to 8 weeks, but I don't know which issue they will send me first.

Six to eight weeks probably means six to eight weeks is when the subscription starts, not the delivery time.

Generally, Marvel is pretty spot-on delivering their subs at about the same time as street releases.

Sometimes you'll get it a bit early, sometimes a bit later.

crobatman
26th February 2009, 8:21 PM
Thank you for the answer. I'll just buy comics at the store until I get my deliveries.
I decided to order online because it is actually cheaper than spending what I do at the store I go to.

The price for spiderman is supposed to be $2.99, but they sell it for $3.25.

randomspot555
26th February 2009, 8:40 PM
The price for spiderman is supposed to be $2.99, but they sell it for $3.25.

Sales tax.

Yeah, subscriptions are a huge cost saver if you end up picking up every release of the title.

crobatman
26th February 2009, 8:43 PM
Sales tax.

Yeah, subscriptions are a huge cost saver if you end up picking up every release of the title.
okay, they sell it for 3.25 plus sales tax.

I do get every release now that I started collecting them. I am filling up my bookshelf now.

Where do you put all your comics?

randomspot555
26th February 2009, 9:11 PM
I bag and boarded them and put them on an empty book shelf. I mainly collect in trades now, so I never needed a long box. Probably donate my old single issues to a hospital's library or something.

Pokemonwarrior
26th February 2009, 10:02 PM
May I join?

I love Marvel and DC both right now I'm hooked on Old Man Logan/Uncanny X-Men/Justice league of America comics right now.I usually buy 6 comics at a time if not more, some are Dark Hose but mostly DC and Marvel.

crobatman
27th February 2009, 4:32 PM
welcome to the club.

I just thought of a funny matchup for marvel. What if Deadpool met Anti-Venom?
Anti-Venom would be trying to cure Deadpool of his cancer, but Deadpool would remember how the skrulls exploded because of the healing factor. I wonder if they would ever try that.

Pokemonwarrior
27th February 2009, 5:35 PM
welcome to the club.

I just thought of a funny matchup for marvel. What if Deadpool met Anti-Venom?
Anti-Venom would be trying to cure Deadpool of his cancer, but Deadpool would remember how the skrulls exploded because of the healing factor. I wonder if they would ever try that.

I like Dead pool hes one of my favorite character of all times. And the fact he knows hes in a comic book some times makes me laugh comic awareness is funny. But anyways Hes died three times in the past and still comes back so I don't think cancer can stop him. But it would be interesting to see what happens. But in a way it would be good for him to keep the cancer since it lets him say in a regeneration state at all times. And removing his cancer could make it harder for him to regenerate and keep up his stamina. Marvel would be taking away a good part of his powers. Just my thoughts.

I always wondered can Wolverine/Dead Pool/Sabertooth live forever since they have the regeneration ability his body wouldn't degenerate like other mutants or humans.

okay, they sell it for 3.25 plus sales tax.

I do get every release now that I started collecting them. I am filling up my bookshelf now.

Where do you put all your comics?

I put them in Comic book bags and put them in Rubermaid tubs (I think thats how you spell their name) an put them in my closet. But my current ones are on a little shelf that has little comic sized slots to hold them in place and keeps them from being bent up and messed up I made the shelf in shop class :)

randomspot555
27th February 2009, 6:54 PM
I always wondered can Wolverine/Dead Pool/Sabertooth live forever since they have the regeneration ability his body wouldn't degenerate like other mutants or humans.

Wolverine is one of the most well known superheroes Marvel has and part of the hugely popular X-Men franchise. It's just safe to say he won't ever die, at least not in any permanent sense. There's been some situations where death could be possible:

1. Back in the horrible 90s, Wolverine got the adamantium yanked out of him by Magneto. For some convoluted reason, this revealed him to have EXXXXTREME BONE CLAWSZZZ which were always apart of him,which is kind of a retcon. Oh, and also his healing factor shot up from "heals minor gun wounds in an hour or two" to "he can withstand an atomic bomb and be fine" ridiculousness. Even though he's gotten the adamantium back, he sometimes his still portraid to have this ridiculous healing factor, though it varies from writer to writer.

2. Deadpool made a pact with the MU depiction of Death (also had a romantic relationship with her too). While his healing factor is based on Wolverine's, it's artificial and is generally not seen as good as his.

3. Sabretoothe is dead. Wolverine killed him with a plot devic..I mean, the Mermusa Blade, which is designed to kill Wolverine.

I put them in Comic book bags and put them in Rubermaid tubs (I think thats how you spell their name) an put them in my closet. But my current ones are on a little shelf that has little comic sized slots to hold them in place and keeps them from being bent up and messed up I made the shelf in shop class :)[/QUOTE]

catseye4
27th February 2009, 8:23 PM
Hi guys I'm back.
I bag and board my comics and then put them in comic boxes, which eventually go in the "comic room" in the attic.
I recently found out that Alfred was first called Alfred Jarvis, but it quickly got changed to Pennyworth. This may have been the inspiration for the name Jarvis in Marvel. Also, I think it is awesome how Alfred is running the new Outsiders.
A Sabertooth clone was in X-Force, but he didn't appear to be as powerful as the real Sabertooth, who is now dead.
I live near a bunch of comic stores so I don't have to subscribe for mail order, but they do reserve comics for me.

Pokemonwarrior
28th February 2009, 12:26 AM
How do you all like my sig ? just some thing to state im in this club Im making a better one soon.

randomspot555
1st March 2009, 7:21 PM
A lot of books have surprised me recently:

Amazing Spider-Man: omgzers one more day DEAL WITH THE DEVIL hate it[/end Newsarama post].

Seriously, whatever issues one might have with One More Day, get over it. Because you're missing out on a great read , a fun book, some top notch art, and what will likely be a book that will be heavenly entrenched in Dark Reign.

For those that haven't read Amazing Spider-Man at all, or maybe stopped sometime during JMS' run, there are two really good starting points: New Ways to Die and Amazing Spider-Man Extra #1.

New Ways to Die features the Thunderbolts and is a great read that shows how powerful the Thunderbolts and Norman Osborn have become in this world (Even before Secret Invasion). From here on out, every single issue has been at least "good", but many like the Flash Thompson one-shot, the Betty Brant issue (With Barack Obama on the cover), and the current Character Assasination arc, have been GREAT.

The other good starting point is Amazing Spider-Man Extra #1. These Extras are done to basically preview stories that will happen in a few months. This previewed Character Assasination, as well as a few others.

X-Force: omgzers IT'S LIKE 6 WOLVERINES ON A TEAM.

Yes, this seems like a horrible concept. But this book is just hilarious. Huge explosions, violence, gore, some good one liners, ArchAngel....this is like everything you loved about comics when you were eight years old. But it's really well written. It's also got a good amount of drama and serious moments to balance out the crazy.

Ghost Rider: Ghost Rider is one of those characters that has been perpetually mistreated and never understood. Enter Jason Aaron, the current writer who started at #20. He gets the character.

Do you know what Ghost Rider is doing right now?

HE'S WAGING A WAR AGAINST HEAVEN!

Like X-Force, this is basically everything the little kid in you loves about comics. Violence, corny one liners, explosions, etc...

but it's a great read, and Aaron is really working hard to flesh out the Ghost Rider character.

Cable: God, did this series move at a snails pace during the first 7 or so issues. But the upcoming Messiah War is making the slow burn worth it. Keep an eye on this book, because I'm thinking it'll be a huge part of the mutant world of Marvel in the coming months.

Books that need to go away and die forever:

Mighty Avengers and Hulk.

Mighty Avengers is written by Dan Slott, the same awesome writer who did New Ways to Die. But this is an atrocity. Scarlet Witch returns. Why? It don't matter. Whatever. Oh, and Hank Pym is the only one who can lead the Avengers, because Thor is on vacation, Iron Man is a nazi...basically he's plot deviced into being a leader, instead of evolving naturally.

Oh, and US Agent is boiled down to the worst stereotype.

Hulk is by Jeph Loeb. Jeph Loeb is a hack of a writer. I don't think I have to explain that any further.

catseye4
2nd March 2009, 3:18 AM
randomspot, your reviews were awesome! the mighty avengers and hulk reviews made me crack up.
cool sig pokemonwarrior! did you use photoshop?
i've been really enjoying ghost rider since my best friend go me into it. has anyone been reading the danny ketch mini series? its really well done and fills in all of the plot holes.
amazing spiderman has had some cool plot twists, and i love the matt murdock, attorney at law, with spiderman teamup. its classic.

Pokemonwarrior
2nd March 2009, 7:03 PM
New Topic!!

If you could make a team of 5 Super Heroes or Villains who would you pick?

Heres Mine :P

Marvel Team:

1) Storm
2) Emma Frost
3) Deadpool
4) Sunfire (Shiro Yoshida)
5) Quicksilver

DC Team:

1) Green Lantern
2) Firestorm
3) Black Lightning
4) Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)
5) Batman

catseye4
3rd March 2009, 10:47 PM
Here is my team- (I took charaters from both Marvel and DC)
Thor
The Flash
Deadpool
War Machine
Nightwing

randomspot555
3rd March 2009, 11:37 PM
r
amazing spiderman has had some cool plot twists, and i love the matt murdock, attorney at law, with spiderman teamup. its classic.

If you want THE BEST, definitive team-up of Spider-Man and Daredevil, you need to track down The Death of Jean DeWolff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_Jean_DeWolff). It's a very dark Spider-Man story, but it's one of the best, right up there with Kraven's Last Hunt and the Death of Gwen Stacy.

EDIT: Here is what's shipping for tomorrow!

Dark Horse
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Vol 2 #23 (Season 8) Georges Jeanty Cover $2.54
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Vol 2 #23 (Season 8) Jo Chen Cover $2.54
Goon Vol 3 #32 10th Anniversary Issue $3.39
Hellboy Wild Hunt #4 $2.54
Nexus Archives Vol 8 HC $42.46
Savage Sword Of Conan Vol 5 TP $16.96

DC
Authority Vol 5 #8 $2.54
Bang Tango #2 $2.54
Batman Cacophony #3 Incentive Adam Kubert Sketch Cover $29.75
Batman Cacophony #3 Incentive Bill Sienkiewicz Variant Cover $12.75
Batman Cacophony #3 Regular Adam Kubert Cover $3.39
Black Lightning Year One #5 $2.54
DC Comics Classics Library Legion Of Super-Heroes Life And Death Of Ferro Lad HC $33.99
Final Crisis Rage Of The Red Lanterns #1 3rd Ptg (Blackest Night Prelude) $3.39
Fringe #3 $2.54
Gotham Gazette Batman Dead #1 $2.54
Haunted Tank #4 $2.54
House Of Mystery Vol 2 #11 $2.54
Jack Of Fables Vol 5 Turning Pages TP $12.74
Jonah Hex Vol 2 #41 $2.54
Justice League International Vol 1 TP $15.29
Mighty #2 $2.54
Mirrors Edge #5 $3.39
Secret Six Vol 3 #7 $2.54
SHAZAM Monster Society Of Evil TP $16.99
Solomon Grundy #1 $2.54
Strange Adventures Vol 3 #1 Incentive Ed Benes Variant Cover $10.20
Strange Adventures Vol 3 #1 Regular Jim Starlin Cover $3.39
Supergirl Cosmic Adventures In The Eighth Grade #4 $2.13
Superman Brainiac HC $16.99
Superman World Of New Krypton #1 Incentive Ladronn Variant Cover $21.25
Superman World Of New Krypton #1 Regular Gary Frank Cover $2.54
Terror Titans #6 $2.54
Trinity #40 $2.54
War That Time Forgot Vol 1 TP $15.29

IDW Publishing
Classic GI Joe Vol 2 TP $16.99
Danger Unlimited TP IDW Edition $16.99
Doctor Who Classics Series 2 #4 Incentive Dave Gibbons Retro Art Variant Cover $8.50
Doctor Who Classics Series 2 #4 Regular Dave Gibbons Cover $3.39
Dreamer #5 Jenny Frison Cover $3.39
Dreamer #5 Lora Innes Cover $3.39
Galaxy Quest Global Warning TP $16.99
Locke & Key Head Games #3 Incentive Gabriel Rodriguez Sketch Variant Cover $8.50
Locke & Key Head Games #3 Regular Gabriel Rodriguez Cover $3.39
Sir Apropos Of Nothing #5 Dave Ross Cover $3.39
Sir Apropos Of Nothing #5 Robin Riggs Cover $3.39
Spike After The Fall #1 Diamond Retailer Summit Edition $8.50
Transformers Best Of UK City Of Fear #2 Incentive Retro Art Variant Cover $8.50
Transformers Best Of UK City Of Fear #2 Regular Andrew Griffith Cover $3.39
Transformers Best Of UK Vol 3 Time Wars TP $16.99
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Movie Prequel Defiance #2 Alex Milne Cover $3.39
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Movie Prequel Defiance #2 Josh Nizzi Cover $3.39

Back To Brooklyn #4 $2.54
Impaler Vol 2 #2 $2.54
Jersey Gods #2 Incentive Dan McDaid Variant Cover $8.50
Jersey Gods #2 Regular Darwyn Cooke Cover $2.98
Killer Of Demons #1 $3.39
Madman Atomic Comics #14 Incentive Darwyn Cooke Variant Cover $10.20
Madman Atomic Comics #14 Regular Mike Allred Cover $2.98
New Brighton Archeological Society GN $15.29
Phonogram 2 Singles Club #1 2nd Ptg $2.98

Marvel
Age Of The Sentry #6 $2.54
Agents Of Atlas Vol 2 #2 Incentive Ed McGuinness Variant Cover (Dark Reign Tie-In) $17.00
Agents Of Atlas Vol 2 #2 Regular Greg Land Cover (Dark Reign Tie-In) $2.54
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 #568 Baltimore Comicon Exclusive Cover $8.49
Black Panther Vol 5 #2 (Dark Reign Tie-In) $2.54
Cable Vol 2 #12 (Messiah War Tie-In) $2.54
Captain America Death Of Captain America Vol 3 Man Who Bought America TP $12.74
Daredevil Vol 2 #116 $2.54
Dark Reign Fantastic Four #1 70th Anniversary Marko Djurdjevic Variant Cover $2.54
Dark Reign Fantastic Four #1 Regular Simone Bianchi Cover $2.54
Dark Tower Treachery #6 Incentive Dennis Calero Variant Cover $12.75
Dark Tower Treachery #6 Incentive Jae Lee Sketch Variant Cover $63.75
Dead Of Night Featuring Werewolf By Night #3 $3.39
Deadpool Vol 3 #8 (Dark Reign Tie-In)(Magnum Opus Part 1) $2.54
Fantastic Four Worlds Greatest TP $16.99
Hulk Broken Worlds #1 $3.39
Incredible Hercules Love And War HC $16.99
Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 Five Nightmares TP Book Market Joe Quesada Cover $16.99
Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 Five Nightmares TP Direct Market Salvador Larroca Cover $16.99
Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 Five Nightmares TP Direct Market Travis Charest Cover $16.99
Kabuki The Alchemy HC Limited Signed Edition $50.99
Kabuki The Alchemy HC Regular Edition $25.49
Marvel Illustrated Kidnapped #5 $3.39
Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four Vol 1 TP Book Market Edition $21.24
Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four Vol 1 TP Direct Market Edition $21.24
Marvel Your Universe #2 $5.09
Mighty Avengers Vol 1 HC Book Market Frank Cho Cover $29.74
Mighty Avengers Vol 1 HC Direct Market Mark Bagley Cover $29.74
New Avengers Reunion #1 Hawkeye Cover (Dark Reign Tie-In) $3.39
New Avengers Reunion #1 Ronin Cover (Dark Reign Tie-In) $3.39
New Avengers Vol 8 Secret Invasion Book 1 TP Book Market New Avengers Vol 8 Spine $12.74
New Avengers Vol 8 Secret Invasion Book 1 TP Direct Market Secret Invasion New Avengers Book 1 Spine $12.74
Punisher Vol 7 #1 Atomic Comics ACTOR Limited Edition Sketch Cover $6.80
Secret Invasion #6 Baltimore Comicon Exclusive Cover $8.49
Secret Invasion New Warriors TP $21.24
Secret Warriors #2 (Dark Reign Tie-In) $2.54
She-Hulk Vol 7 Here Today TP $12.74
Spider-Man & Human Torch In Bahia De Los Muertos English Edition $3.39
Spider-Man & Human Torch In Bahia De Los Muertos Spanish Edition $3.39
Spider-Man Crime And Punisher HC $16.99
Sub-Mariner Depths #5 $3.39
Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #3 Incentive Kubert Variant Cover $12.75
Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #3 Regular Leinil Francis Yu Cover $2.54
Ultimatum #2 2nd Ptg David Finch Variant Cover $3.39
War Of Kings #1 Incentive Leinil Francis Yu Variant Cover $25.50
War Of Kings #1 Regular Brandon Peterson Cover $3.39
War Of Kings #1 Regular Ron Lim Cover $3.39
Wolverine And The X-Men Magazine #2 $5.94
Wolverine By Claremont & Miller TP $14.44
Wolverine Origin TP New Printing $14.44
Wolverine Poster Book $5.09
Wolverine Weapon X TP New Printing $14.44
X-Men First Class Finals #2 $3.39
X-Men Legacy Vol 2 Sins Of The Father TP $12.74
X-Men Spider-Man #4 $3.39

Independents
Army Of Darkness Vol 2 #17 $2.98
Aspen Seasons #5 Winter 2009 $2.54
Battlestar Galactica Cylon War #2 Stephen Segovia Foil Cover $21.24
Boys #28 Darick Robertson Cover $2.54
Boys #28 Dave Gibbons Cover $2.54
CE Murphys Take A Chance #2 $3.39
Challenger Deep TP $13.59
Chucky Vol 2 #1 Cvr A Andy B $2.98
Chucky Vol 2 #1 Cvr B Photo $2.98
Dead Irons #2 Incentive Jae Lee Negative Cover $8.50
Dead Irons #2 Regular Jae Lee Cover $3.39
Dead Irons #2 Regular Jason Shawn Alexander Cover $3.39
Executive Assistant Iris #0 Incentive Talent Caldwell Variant Cover $4.25
Executive Assistant Iris #0 Regular Joe Benitez Cover $2.13
Farscape #3 Cvr A $3.39
Farscape #3 Cvr B $3.39
Farscape #3 Incentive Variant Cover $5.10
Flash Gordon Vol 6 #4 Incentive Sketch Variant Cover $8.50
Flash Gordon Vol 6 #4 Regular Cover A Ming & Dale $3.39
Flash Gordon Vol 6 #4 Regular Cover B Barin & Ice Dragon $3.39
Grimm Fairy Tales #36 $2.54
Highlander Origins Kurgan #2 Foil Cover $25.49
Humbug HC Regular Edition $51.00
I Am Legion #2 Cvr A John Cassaday $2.98
I Am Legion #2 Cvr B John Cassaday $2.98
Jim Butchers Dresden Files Storm Front #3 $3.39
Kolchak Tales Annual #1 Incentive Doug Klauba Sketch Variant Cover $7.64
Kolchak Tales Annual #1 Incentive Woodrow Hinton III Variant Cover $7.64
Kolchak Tales Annual #1 Regular Dave Ulanski Cover $5.53
Kolchak Tales Annual #1 Regular Doug Klauba Cover $5.53
Last One TP $21.24
MILF Magnet #1 Regular Uwe Jarling Cover $3.83
MILF Magnet #1 Variant Paul Gulacy Cover $4.68
MOME Vol 14 Spring 2009 TP $12.74
Mr Keen Tracer Of Lost Persons TP $10.16
Mr Moto Welcome Back Mr Moto TP $10.16
No Hero #4 Incentive Design Sketch Cvr $5.94
No Hero #4 Reg Cvr $3.39
No Hero #4 Wrap Cvr $3.39
North World Vol 2 GN $10.16
Obama The Comic Book Inaugural Edition One Shot $3.39
Seekers Into The Mystery Vol 1 Pilgrimage Of Lucas Hart TP $13.59
Shonen Jump Vol 7 #4 Apr 2009 $4.24
Shrapnel #3 Cvr A Marek Okon $2.54
Shrapnel #3 Cvr B Borkur Eiriksson $2.54
Strongman GN $8.46
Terry Moores Echo #10 $2.98
Wolverton Bible HC $21.24
Young Readers
Betty & Veronica Digest #192 $2.29
Jugheads Double Digest #148 $3.39
Looney Tunes Vol 3 #172 $2.13
Sonic The Hedgehog Archives Vol 0 Beginning TP $6.76
Sonic The Hedgehog Archives Vol 10 TP $6.76
Veronica #193 $2.13

Manga
Aventura Vol 3 GN $9.34
BakeGyamon Vol 1 GN $6.79
Bakugan Battle Brawlers Vol 2 Masquerade Ball GN $6.79
Barefoot Gen Vol 7 Bones Into Dust GN $12.71
Barefoot Gen Vol 8 Merchants Of Death GN $12.71
Ben 10 Alien Force Vol 1 Ben 10 Returns GN $6.79
Black Cat Vol 19 TP Manga $6.79
Bleach Vol 26 TP $6.76
Captive Hearts Vol 3 GN $7.64
Clan Of The Nakagamis Vol 2 Devil Cometh GN $11.01
Claymore Vol 14 TP $6.79
Crimson Hero Vol 10 TP $7.64
Doujin Work Vol 1 Pencil & Paper GN $10.19
Dragon Ball VIZBIG Edition Vol 3 TP $15.29
Enchanter Vol 10 GN $11.01
Gentlemens Alliance Vol 9 TP $7.64
Gin Tama Vol 11 TP $6.79
Go West Vol 2 TP $8.49
High School Debut Vol 8 GN $7.64
Honey And Clover Vol 5 GN $7.64
Hunter X Hunter Vol 25 TP $6.79
Kurohime Vol 10 TP $6.79
Lets Find Pokemon Gold & Silver HC $10.19
Live For Love GN $11.01
Love Com Vol 11 TP $7.64
Love Knot GN $11.01
Mixed Vegetables Vol 3 GN $7.64
Monkey High Vol 5 GN $7.64
NANA Vol 15 TP $7.64
Naruto Vol 38 TP $6.76
Naruto Vol 39 TP $6.76
Naruto Vol 40 TP $6.76
Naruto Vol 41 TP $6.76
Orange Crows GN $8.49
Orfina Vol 5 TP $11.04
Palette Of 12 Secret Colors Vol 5 TP $8.49
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Official Casebook Vol 2 Miles Edgeworth Files GN $12.74
Prince Of Tennis Vol 30 GN $6.76
S-A -Special A- Vol 9 GN $7.64
Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei The Power Of Negative Thinking Vol 1 GN $9.34
Seiryo University Vol 4 Scandalous Class Reunion GN $9.34
Shaman King Vol 21 TP $6.76
Skip-Beat Vol 17 TP $7.64
St Dragon Girl Vol 2 TP $7.64
Suzuka Vol 11 GN $11.89
Tezukas Black Jack Vol 3 Previews Exclusive HC $21.21
Toto The Wonderful Adventure Vol 4 GN $9.34
Ultimate Muscle Vol 22 GN $6.76
Way To Heaven GN $11.01
Wild Ones Vol 6 GN $7.64

Strip Collections
Complete Peanuts Vol 11 1971-1972 HC $24.64
Explainers HC New Printing $29.75
Sams Strip Comic About Comics GN $19.54

catseye4
5th March 2009, 12:36 AM
wow its a big week...
did battle for the cowl start yet? i just got last weeks comic this week, and i haven't had a chance to sort through them yet.
is anyone going to see the watchmen? the graphic novel was really good, i hope the movie is too. i just hate how they made nite owl look like batman.
New topic idea-
What character do you think would make a really good videogame?
I think there should be a Thor videogame. He has a great plot and collection of villians, and the satisfaction you would from smashing loki on the head with moljinar (did i spell that right?) would be amazing.

randomspot555
5th March 2009, 1:24 AM
I think there should be a Thor videogame. He has a great plot and collection of villians, and the satisfaction you would from smashing loki on the head with moljinar (did i spell that right?) would be amazing.

Thor was a main character in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (with Betta Ray Bill as an alternate costume). Asgard is one of the levels, and Loki is a big part of the plot.

And considering Thor is one of Marvel's characters with the most history, he'll probably be in the sequel.

The one video game I wanted was canned. There was supposed to be a Marvel fighting game with 3d graphics and everything, but the studio developing it was closed down. A very brief preview was shown with Hulk and Iron Man fighting, and it was glorious. Nothing like that Marvel Nemesis crap.

Pokemonwarrior
5th March 2009, 3:03 AM
wow its a big week...
did battle for the cowl start yet? i just got last weeks comic this week, and i haven't had a chance to sort through them yet.
is anyone going to see the watchmen? the graphic novel was really good, i hope the movie is too. i just hate how they made nite owl look like batman.
New topic idea-
What character do you think would make a really good videogame?

Yeah Im going to go see a Mght night showing of it. I agree they made Night Owl look Batman just in a kida cheaper looking out fit -_- but oh well I guess.

I think Thor,The Green Lantern,Deadpool,Magneto,Storm,The Phoenix,Night Crawler, and many more can be good games if people could think them through a lot before making them.

If you want THE BEST, definitive team-up of Spider-Man and Daredevil, you need to track down The Death of Jean DeWolff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_Jean_DeWolff). It's a very dark Spider-Man story, but it's one of the best, right up there with Kraven's Last Hunt and the Death of Gwen Stacy.

EDIT: Here is what's shipping for tomorrow!

Dark Horse
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Vol 2 #23 (Season 8) Georges Jeanty Cover $2.54
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Vol 2 #23 (Season 8) Jo Chen Cover $2.54
Goon Vol 3 #32 10th Anniversary Issue $3.39
Hellboy Wild Hunt #4 $2.54
Nexus Archives Vol 8 HC $42.46
Savage Sword Of Conan Vol 5 TP $16.96

DC
Authority Vol 5 #8 $2.54
Bang Tango #2 $2.54
Batman Cacophony #3 Incentive Adam Kubert Sketch Cover $29.75
Batman Cacophony #3 Incentive Bill Sienkiewicz Variant Cover $12.75
Batman Cacophony #3 Regular Adam Kubert Cover $3.39
Black Lightning Year One #5 $2.54
DC Comics Classics Library Legion Of Super-Heroes Life And Death Of Ferro Lad HC $33.99
Final Crisis Rage Of The Red Lanterns #1 3rd Ptg (Blackest Night Prelude) $3.39
Fringe #3 $2.54
Gotham Gazette Batman Dead #1 $2.54
Haunted Tank #4 $2.54
House Of Mystery Vol 2 #11 $2.54
Jack Of Fables Vol 5 Turning Pages TP $12.74
Jonah Hex Vol 2 #41 $2.54
Justice League International Vol 1 TP $15.29
Mighty #2 $2.54
Mirrors Edge #5 $3.39
Secret Six Vol 3 #7 $2.54
SHAZAM Monster Society Of Evil TP $16.99
Solomon Grundy #1 $2.54
Strange Adventures Vol 3 #1 Incentive Ed Benes Variant Cover $10.20
Strange Adventures Vol 3 #1 Regular Jim Starlin Cover $3.39
Supergirl Cosmic Adventures In The Eighth Grade #4 $2.13
Superman Brainiac HC $16.99
Superman World Of New Krypton #1 Incentive Ladronn Variant Cover $21.25
Superman World Of New Krypton #1 Regular Gary Frank Cover $2.54
Terror Titans #6 $2.54
Trinity #40 $2.54
War That Time Forgot Vol 1 TP $15.29

IDW Publishing
Classic GI Joe Vol 2 TP $16.99
Danger Unlimited TP IDW Edition $16.99
Doctor Who Classics Series 2 #4 Incentive Dave Gibbons Retro Art Variant Cover $8.50
Doctor Who Classics Series 2 #4 Regular Dave Gibbons Cover $3.39
Dreamer #5 Jenny Frison Cover $3.39
Dreamer #5 Lora Innes Cover $3.39
Galaxy Quest Global Warning TP $16.99
Locke & Key Head Games #3 Incentive Gabriel Rodriguez Sketch Variant Cover $8.50
Locke & Key Head Games #3 Regular Gabriel Rodriguez Cover $3.39
Sir Apropos Of Nothing #5 Dave Ross Cover $3.39
Sir Apropos Of Nothing #5 Robin Riggs Cover $3.39
Spike After The Fall #1 Diamond Retailer Summit Edition $8.50
Transformers Best Of UK City Of Fear #2 Incentive Retro Art Variant Cover $8.50
Transformers Best Of UK City Of Fear #2 Regular Andrew Griffith Cover $3.39
Transformers Best Of UK Vol 3 Time Wars TP $16.99
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Movie Prequel Defiance #2 Alex Milne Cover $3.39
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Movie Prequel Defiance #2 Josh Nizzi Cover $3.39

Back To Brooklyn #4 $2.54
Impaler Vol 2 #2 $2.54
Jersey Gods #2 Incentive Dan McDaid Variant Cover $8.50
Jersey Gods #2 Regular Darwyn Cooke Cover $2.98
Killer Of Demons #1 $3.39
Madman Atomic Comics #14 Incentive Darwyn Cooke Variant Cover $10.20
Madman Atomic Comics #14 Regular Mike Allred Cover $2.98
New Brighton Archeological Society GN $15.29
Phonogram 2 Singles Club #1 2nd Ptg $2.98

Marvel
Age Of The Sentry #6 $2.54
Agents Of Atlas Vol 2 #2 Incentive Ed McGuinness Variant Cover (Dark Reign Tie-In) $17.00
Agents Of Atlas Vol 2 #2 Regular Greg Land Cover (Dark Reign Tie-In) $2.54
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 #568 Baltimore Comicon Exclusive Cover $8.49
Black Panther Vol 5 #2 (Dark Reign Tie-In) $2.54
Cable Vol 2 #12 (Messiah War Tie-In) $2.54
Captain America Death Of Captain America Vol 3 Man Who Bought America TP $12.74
Daredevil Vol 2 #116 $2.54
Dark Reign Fantastic Four #1 70th Anniversary Marko Djurdjevic Variant Cover $2.54
Dark Reign Fantastic Four #1 Regular Simone Bianchi Cover $2.54
Dark Tower Treachery #6 Incentive Dennis Calero Variant Cover $12.75
Dark Tower Treachery #6 Incentive Jae Lee Sketch Variant Cover $63.75
Dead Of Night Featuring Werewolf By Night #3 $3.39
Deadpool Vol 3 #8 (Dark Reign Tie-In)(Magnum Opus Part 1) $2.54
Fantastic Four Worlds Greatest TP $16.99
Hulk Broken Worlds #1 $3.39
Incredible Hercules Love And War HC $16.99
Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 Five Nightmares TP Book Market Joe Quesada Cover $16.99
Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 Five Nightmares TP Direct Market Salvador Larroca Cover $16.99
Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 Five Nightmares TP Direct Market Travis Charest Cover $16.99
Kabuki The Alchemy HC Limited Signed Edition $50.99
Kabuki The Alchemy HC Regular Edition $25.49
Marvel Illustrated Kidnapped #5 $3.39
Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four Vol 1 TP Book Market Edition $21.24
Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four Vol 1 TP Direct Market Edition $21.24
Marvel Your Universe #2 $5.09
Mighty Avengers Vol 1 HC Book Market Frank Cho Cover $29.74
Mighty Avengers Vol 1 HC Direct Market Mark Bagley Cover $29.74
New Avengers Reunion #1 Hawkeye Cover (Dark Reign Tie-In) $3.39
New Avengers Reunion #1 Ronin Cover (Dark Reign Tie-In) $3.39
New Avengers Vol 8 Secret Invasion Book 1 TP Book Market New Avengers Vol 8 Spine $12.74
New Avengers Vol 8 Secret Invasion Book 1 TP Direct Market Secret Invasion New Avengers Book 1 Spine $12.74
Punisher Vol 7 #1 Atomic Comics ACTOR Limited Edition Sketch Cover $6.80
Secret Invasion #6 Baltimore Comicon Exclusive Cover $8.49
Secret Invasion New Warriors TP $21.24
Secret Warriors #2 (Dark Reign Tie-In) $2.54
She-Hulk Vol 7 Here Today TP $12.74
Spider-Man & Human Torch In Bahia De Los Muertos English Edition $3.39
Spider-Man & Human Torch In Bahia De Los Muertos Spanish Edition $3.39
Spider-Man Crime And Punisher HC $16.99
Sub-Mariner Depths #5 $3.39
Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #3 Incentive Kubert Variant Cover $12.75
Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #3 Regular Leinil Francis Yu Cover $2.54
Ultimatum #2 2nd Ptg David Finch Variant Cover $3.39
War Of Kings #1 Incentive Leinil Francis Yu Variant Cover $25.50
War Of Kings #1 Regular Brandon Peterson Cover $3.39
War Of Kings #1 Regular Ron Lim Cover $3.39
Wolverine And The X-Men Magazine #2 $5.94
Wolverine By Claremont & Miller TP $14.44
Wolverine Origin TP New Printing $14.44
Wolverine Poster Book $5.09
Wolverine Weapon X TP New Printing $14.44
X-Men First Class Finals #2 $3.39
X-Men Legacy Vol 2 Sins Of The Father TP $12.74
X-Men Spider-Man #4 $3.39

Independents
Army Of Darkness Vol 2 #17 $2.98
Aspen Seasons #5 Winter 2009 $2.54
Battlestar Galactica Cylon War #2 Stephen Segovia Foil Cover $21.24
Boys #28 Darick Robertson Cover $2.54
Boys #28 Dave Gibbons Cover $2.54
CE Murphys Take A Chance #2 $3.39
Challenger Deep TP $13.59
Chucky Vol 2 #1 Cvr A Andy B $2.98
Chucky Vol 2 #1 Cvr B Photo $2.98
Dead Irons #2 Incentive Jae Lee Negative Cover $8.50
Dead Irons #2 Regular Jae Lee Cover $3.39
Dead Irons #2 Regular Jason Shawn Alexander Cover $3.39
Executive Assistant Iris #0 Incentive Talent Caldwell Variant Cover $4.25
Executive Assistant Iris #0 Regular Joe Benitez Cover $2.13
Farscape #3 Cvr A $3.39
Farscape #3 Cvr B $3.39
Farscape #3 Incentive Variant Cover $5.10
Flash Gordon Vol 6 #4 Incentive Sketch Variant Cover $8.50
Flash Gordon Vol 6 #4 Regular Cover A Ming & Dale $3.39
Flash Gordon Vol 6 #4 Regular Cover B Barin & Ice Dragon $3.39
Grimm Fairy Tales #36 $2.54
Highlander Origins Kurgan #2 Foil Cover $25.49
Humbug HC Regular Edition $51.00
I Am Legion #2 Cvr A John Cassaday $2.98
I Am Legion #2 Cvr B John Cassaday $2.98
Jim Butchers Dresden Files Storm Front #3 $3.39
Kolchak Tales Annual #1 Incentive Doug Klauba Sketch Variant Cover $7.64
Kolchak Tales Annual #1 Incentive Woodrow Hinton III Variant Cover $7.64
Kolchak Tales Annual #1 Regular Dave Ulanski Cover $5.53
Kolchak Tales Annual #1 Regular Doug Klauba Cover $5.53
Last One TP $21.24
MILF Magnet #1 Regular Uwe Jarling Cover $3.83
MILF Magnet #1 Variant Paul Gulacy Cover $4.68
MOME Vol 14 Spring 2009 TP $12.74
Mr Keen Tracer Of Lost Persons TP $10.16
Mr Moto Welcome Back Mr Moto TP $10.16
No Hero #4 Incentive Design Sketch Cvr $5.94
No Hero #4 Reg Cvr $3.39
No Hero #4 Wrap Cvr $3.39
North World Vol 2 GN $10.16
Obama The Comic Book Inaugural Edition One Shot $3.39
Seekers Into The Mystery Vol 1 Pilgrimage Of Lucas Hart TP $13.59
Shonen Jump Vol 7 #4 Apr 2009 $4.24
Shrapnel #3 Cvr A Marek Okon $2.54
Shrapnel #3 Cvr B Borkur Eiriksson $2.54
Strongman GN $8.46
Terry Moores Echo #10 $2.98
Wolverton Bible HC $21.24
Young Readers
Betty & Veronica Digest #192 $2.29
Jugheads Double Digest #148 $3.39
Looney Tunes Vol 3 #172 $2.13
Sonic The Hedgehog Archives Vol 0 Beginning TP $6.76
Sonic The Hedgehog Archives Vol 10 TP $6.76
Veronica #193 $2.13

Manga
Aventura Vol 3 GN $9.34
BakeGyamon Vol 1 GN $6.79
Bakugan Battle Brawlers Vol 2 Masquerade Ball GN $6.79
Barefoot Gen Vol 7 Bones Into Dust GN $12.71
Barefoot Gen Vol 8 Merchants Of Death GN $12.71
Ben 10 Alien Force Vol 1 Ben 10 Returns GN $6.79
Black Cat Vol 19 TP Manga $6.79
Bleach Vol 26 TP $6.76
Captive Hearts Vol 3 GN $7.64
Clan Of The Nakagamis Vol 2 Devil Cometh GN $11.01
Claymore Vol 14 TP $6.79
Crimson Hero Vol 10 TP $7.64
Doujin Work Vol 1 Pencil & Paper GN $10.19
Dragon Ball VIZBIG Edition Vol 3 TP $15.29
Enchanter Vol 10 GN $11.01
Gentlemens Alliance Vol 9 TP $7.64
Gin Tama Vol 11 TP $6.79
Go West Vol 2 TP $8.49
High School Debut Vol 8 GN $7.64
Honey And Clover Vol 5 GN $7.64
Hunter X Hunter Vol 25 TP $6.79
Kurohime Vol 10 TP $6.79
Lets Find Pokemon Gold & Silver HC $10.19
Live For Love GN $11.01
Love Com Vol 11 TP $7.64
Love Knot GN $11.01
Mixed Vegetables Vol 3 GN $7.64
Monkey High Vol 5 GN $7.64
NANA Vol 15 TP $7.64
Naruto Vol 38 TP $6.76
Naruto Vol 39 TP $6.76
Naruto Vol 40 TP $6.76
Naruto Vol 41 TP $6.76
Orange Crows GN $8.49
Orfina Vol 5 TP $11.04
Palette Of 12 Secret Colors Vol 5 TP $8.49
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Official Casebook Vol 2 Miles Edgeworth Files GN $12.74
Prince Of Tennis Vol 30 GN $6.76
S-A -Special A- Vol 9 GN $7.64
Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei The Power Of Negative Thinking Vol 1 GN $9.34
Seiryo University Vol 4 Scandalous Class Reunion GN $9.34
Shaman King Vol 21 TP $6.76
Skip-Beat Vol 17 TP $7.64
St Dragon Girl Vol 2 TP $7.64
Suzuka Vol 11 GN $11.89
Tezukas Black Jack Vol 3 Previews Exclusive HC $21.21
Toto The Wonderful Adventure Vol 4 GN $9.34
Ultimate Muscle Vol 22 GN $6.76
Way To Heaven GN $11.01
Wild Ones Vol 6 GN $7.64

Strip Collections
Complete Peanuts Vol 11 1971-1972 HC $24.64
Explainers HC New Printing $29.75
Sams Strip Comic About Comics GN $19.54

I can see where 2/3s or all my pay check is going this week its all going into a lot of Comics and such. Their like one of the cheapest ways to have fun right now.

Look in bold for some comments.

catseye4
5th March 2009, 10:45 PM
A Green Lantern game would be cool, but it would be hard to make because of all of the differnt ring constructs you would have to incorporate into the controls.
Is anyone reading the new Outsiders? They have this new character called OwlMan (who looks just like the movie version of Nite Owl). I guess he is supposed to be like a good version of Owlman from the Crime Syndacite on Earth 3.

http://www.newsarama.com/preview_images/dcnew/mar09/2/bmos_cv15.jpg

http://www.ifanboy.com/comics/dc_comics/batman_and_the_outsiders_special/1/cover-large.jpg

Does anyone else here like IGN.com? It is one of my favorite websites for just about everything. (;

Pokemonwarrior
6th March 2009, 12:05 AM
I like IGN too among other sites. I seen those pictures of Owlman it seems to look a lot like the Watcher's Nite Owl's movie out fit but they are both made by DC so they might have taken some ideas from one for the other.

catseye4
7th March 2009, 5:03 PM
Yeah and also both Watchmen and Batman are produced by warner bros so they could could have shared costume ideas there as well.

Pokemonwarrior
9th March 2009, 1:56 AM
New Topic:

If you could kill one or more super hero/villain from each Marvel and DC and they would die and never come back ever in any show/movie/comic/ etc who would you kill off?

remember you can kill more then one if you wanna

Mine for Marvel would be:

Juggernaut
Toad

Mine for DC would be:

Aqua Man
Robin

catseye4
9th March 2009, 11:09 PM
I hate how they always bring characters back from the dead. IF THEY ARE DEAD THEY SHOULD STAY DEAD!!!
I would kill off-
Marvel-
Scarlet Witch (Because they brought her back, not from the dead though, for no apparent reason and there is no explanation whatsoever). Mighty Avengers isn't a very good comic. I prefer the Initiative and New, although Dark is actually getting to be pretty good.

thed3
14th March 2009, 1:58 AM
Amazing Spider-Man:Seriously, whatever issues one might have with One More Day, get over it. Because you're missing out on a great read , a fun book, some top notch art, and what will likely be a book that will be heavenly entrenched in Dark Reign.

For those that haven't read Amazing Spider-Man at all, or maybe stopped sometime during JMS' run, there are two really good starting points: New Ways to Die and Amazing Spider-Man Extra #1.

New Ways to Die features the Thunderbolts and is a great read that shows how powerful the Thunderbolts and Norman Osborn have become in this world (Even before Secret Invasion). From here on out, every single issue has been at least "good", but many like the Flash Thompson one-shot, the Betty Brant issue (With Barack Obama on the cover), and the current Character Assasination arc, have been GREAT.
One More Day is awesome, no doubt, both in storyline and artwork. Sucks seeing MJ and Peter seperated, though, and that last scene with MJ leaving Harry's party was a heartbreaker. Not sure how I feel about the going back in time sorta crud though.

New Ways to Die was awesome too with the introduction of Anti-Venom, but I was definitely put off by the interior art.

If you could kill one or more super hero/villain from each Marvel and DC and they would die and never come back ever in any show/movie/comic/ etc who would you kill off?
Marvel - Well he kinda is already dead, but I would keep Swordsman, yes the one that Norman just recently kileed, dead. He wasn't that interesting of a character at all and he hardly did anything anyways with the Thunderbolts.

Team of 5:
Marvel
Penance (Robbie Baldwin)
Old Lace (w/ Chase Stein I guess... since they are empathically connected)
Spiderwoman (Jessica Drew)
Spider Man
Namor

randomspot555
14th March 2009, 4:42 AM
One More Day is awesome, no doubt, both in storyline and artwork. Sucks seeing MJ and Peter seperated, though, and that last scene with MJ leaving Harry's party was a heartbreaker. Not sure how I feel about the going back in time sorta crud though.

You mistook what I said. OMD was a horrible story, and many people aren't reading BND because of what happened in OMD.

New Ways to Die was awesome too with the introduction of Anti-Venom, but I was definitely put off by the interior art.

You're kidding? JRjr is like classic Spidey. Especially his stuff during the early JMS run.

Marvel - Well he kinda is already dead, but I would keep Swordsman, yes the one that Norman just recently kileed, dead. He wasn't that interesting of a character at all and he hardly did anything anyways with the Thunderbolts.

Hardly anything? He took on Venom, got crucified, and kicked Jack Flag in the face.

Okay, maybe he didn't do much.

However, I doubt he's dead. This is comic books we're talking about, and people in comics have lived through much worse than what Norman did to him.

catseye4
14th March 2009, 2:01 PM
People in comics always come back to life so I never actually consider someone dead unless it is made official that they are "dead." think superman, jason todd, supergirl, hal jordan, aunt may, etc.

edit: oh and the new blackest night event where they bring back everyone who died. (and barry allen, kid flash, and superboy). oh and if they die then the sometimes even became the spectre or some other character while still remaining dead!

Shadowmaster Frenzy
19th May 2009, 1:37 PM
Hello I would like to join this club. I don't have many comics but I know a lot about the characters and at the moment I am getting the Ultimatum issues and their respective tie-ins. I am a Marvel person not that keen on DC. My favourite characters are Venom(Mac Gargan), Wolverine, Galactus, Thor, Iron Man, Deadpool, Emma Frost and Skaar. In response to the Scarlet Witch's return she is actually Loki who is trying to destabilise Norman Osborn