PDA

View Full Version : LX Movin' on.

Ledian_X
7th February 2009, 8:34 PM
Hello, SPP.

It's your former administrator/mod Ledian_X deciding to come out of Fanfiction area with an important announcement. Joe has known about this for some time now and now I feel the need to tell everyone this. I, Chris have decided that it's time to leave the Pokemon fansite community. I helped formed it some ten years ago when I helped Articuno Island, Bulbasaur's Mystrious Garden and later here and on Pokemasters.net.

I've had a lot of good memories about this place and yes, I'll still be a pokemaniac. I'm buying Platinum and I'm going Monday morning before work to get shaymin. Because, that's how I roll. You guys have been good by and large. I know I had to make harsh decisions as administrator. I had to because I needed to enforce the rules.

Though I haven't been adminned for a while, I have helped Joe and others out on AIM or MSN. I'll still do that. So, if I have you on my buddy list, we can definitely still talk. I just might be busy with a new and exciting thing that's coming up for me in the very near future.

What's that you ask? Well, I'm now part of a new, growing community at a website called http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com. There I have begun the process of moving the Starbolts stories over. I've even begun a sprite comic and that has garnered me a best of blog status. I've become a well known and respected member of the community. I've helped the site's wiki grow tremendously and now I feel I'm ready to finally move on.

The staff's fantastic and I'm actually figuring out a way to help with the live event they got coming in the next few days. The site creates videos, articles and yes even comics. There's a donation drive and a live edition of their podcast, Transmission Awesome. It feels good to be a trusted member of the site community and it's like how I felt back when Pokemon was new and exciting.

This community has been my home and now it's time to literally spread my wings and fly. If Joe reads this, I wish the Ledian_X name be retired. It's been an interesting ten years working on icons and helping this community grow. A new Ledian_X must take the mantle. It isn't just a name. I've had it for so long that I've been associated with it.

But, all good things do come to an end. Just remember you'll see the Starbolts adventures on tgwtg in webcomic form. I've always wanted them to be in a comic rather than a story. This is pretty close. Here is an example:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/component/content/article/54/4157

Thanks again for the memories, Serebii.net. If you guys ever find the need to see bad nostalgic movies be ripped or some other video. You can go there and you'll find me.

Chris Ferraiolo aka LX Out. For the last time.

P.S. I will more than likely check out the eventual generation five. Come on. Who wouldn't?!

Haruka
7th February 2009, 9:01 PM
See you on the flip side, g.

Cryptozoologist
7th February 2009, 9:05 PM
I never knew you, but bye anyway.

Shiny Ho-Oh
7th February 2009, 9:15 PM
You made a thread just for this?

Littlemyuu
7th February 2009, 9:19 PM
i will miss you Ledian_X
hope it will go great with your new job on the
other site, i will never forget you ^_^
bye bye *waves*

AerialAce!
7th February 2009, 9:35 PM
You made a thread just for this?

He's not lying about being key in getting this and other Pokémon communities off the ground.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=5
--------------------------------------------^

User number = 5. You're #48058

Umbreon-dana
7th February 2009, 10:08 PM
Peace out, Ledian_X, peace out. Thanks for all the work you've done, and hope you enjoy the new community.

Yami Ryu
7th February 2009, 11:14 PM
You know, can't really say I'm sad to see you go, I mean with how our history was and what sort of character you revealed to really have, and boy wasn't it a lovely sort. I mean who wouldn't want to be associated with a person who lied and got another mod banned for just an opinion, oh dear...

But if I went on anymore that would be trolling and really dredging up your sordid past, oh dear so I'll hush up on that.

So as I said, I'm not a person who will be sad to see you leave.

Have a good day :)

duncan
7th February 2009, 11:43 PM
I hate to see you go, man. Good luck over there, SPPf will miss you.

Profesco
8th February 2009, 12:26 AM
Ledian, your contributions can't be denied. It's been neat for me to learn of and speak with someone who was instrumental in the rise of the Pokemon online fandom. ^_^

Good luck, again.

mrdurp4
8th February 2009, 12:27 AM
well. theres not much to say. we all secrete hated you and all you did was kill the lulz. no not really. it was great man, at least i have i have your aim

katiekitten
8th February 2009, 1:13 AM
Bye, hun! I have to catch you on MSN at some point. Enjoy tgwtg, I'll keep an eye out for you. *hugs*

Air Dragon
8th February 2009, 1:27 AM
man... you're leaving?! :(

That royally sucks.

Well, we know how to get Starbolts, and i have your email and facebook... so it's not really good bye...

Well, time to start a tgwtg account...

L@er!

??????
8th February 2009, 2:03 AM
Ledian X? I've heard this name quite a lot.

You will be missed she will be loved yada yada yada.

Bay
8th February 2009, 2:04 AM
Again, sucks that you'll go. :( I do enjoy talking to you and I hope to have time to catch you on MSN and at that website.

And oh, wanna say one last time thanks for that huge nomination you gave me. ;)

Manaphyman
8th February 2009, 2:26 AM
The collective intelligence of the forum just decreased. As well as its writing skills...

I think this is my first post since...december? So we're in the same boat here. I still have your AIM so that works. But I will be following bolts still. Just...as a closet reader.

See you on the flip side buddy.

Black Marauder
8th February 2009, 2:04 PM
:'[

Bye bye baybee.

The Burnt Shadow
8th February 2009, 3:15 PM
Shall I search for you and stab you, or will I kill you with spam? Lol, just kidding. Anywho, it's been fun. I'm gonna miss ya. Your writing was sort of an inspiration for me. But, like the pokemon, you're evolving (Gawd dat must have sounded a little stupid). Good bye and good luck...

The Doctor
8th February 2009, 3:32 PM
Why is it that you remind me of Forrest Gump; being around during the pivotal moments? Saying that you formed the Pokemon web-community sounds a bit pretentious but whatever, I'll let it slide. Take care, man.

Locke Yggdrasill
8th February 2009, 5:05 PM
And, without fail, even your ultimate post contains phrases similar to "When I was an admin" , "As an administrator", and "During my administration". If you are or were so in tune with this community, you must have realized by now that a) the people here are too retarded to remember that you were an administrator, or b) no one gives an *** rat's. Maybe 3 people remember the "harsh decisions that [you] had to make as administrator", and you can deal with them personally.
I think you're a good guy, and I know you made a few very valuable contributions to this entire society, but please don't let this **** go to your head, and for god's sake don't mention it at TGWTG.

Mr. Mudkip
8th February 2009, 6:38 PM
OKAY!
Have fun at some other forum.
because...
they always come back

But yeah, bye.

Mr. Joker
8th February 2009, 7:12 PM
Bye...... I don't think I know you....... I hate this ****ing iDrama.......

Advertising is agenst the rules that you made up *Gasp*

xXPorygonXx
8th February 2009, 9:16 PM
You know, can't really say I'm sad to see you go, I mean with how our history was and what sort of character you revealed to really have, and boy wasn't it a lovely sort. I mean who wouldn't want to be associated with a person who lied and got another mod banned for just an opinion, oh dear...

But if I went on anymore that would be trolling and really dredging up your sordid past, oh dear so I'll hush up on that.

So as I said, I'm not a person who will be sad to see you leave.

Have a good day :)

You're pathetic, if you have to bring up something that happened years ago in an effort to make yourself look cool.

Well, bye Ledian X. Good luck with the comic and Starbolts.

whit19
10th February 2009, 2:57 AM
Damn, some people is rude as hell on this forum... Seein as how Chris helped the site out a lot back in the day, I don't see what's wrong with makin a thread just to say goodbye to everyone.

Anyway, Chris, I got ya aim, too, so this ain't goodbye. You helped me a lot while bein here. With you gone, the non-pokemon forum will probably be dead now. lol. Well, I hope this next step for Starbolts gives it recognition and it eventually becomes a real comic and maybe even movies in the future. (I can't wait!)

Keep followin ya dreams, and don't eva lose ya wings.

Angeling
10th February 2009, 5:33 AM
Okay... I'm sorry, but uh, this shouldn't have been left open for this long. Even for a veteran administrator, such threads aren't really allowed. Well, closing now.

Shame on all of you.

Consider yourselves lucky that you won't all receive some kind of infractions as I am busy right now.