PDA

View Full Version : Cortoza's Recorded History



enchantress
8th February 2009, 3:06 PM
Cortoza
The Volcanic Island

Floating serenely in the middle of the ocean, Cortoza is a secluded land mass which was once a beautiful and highly populated tropical island. Two hundred years ago a powerful oceanic earthquake resulted in a chain reaction of death and destruction as Cortoza's active volcanic mountains erupted in a series of cataclysmic explosions that churned out a spectacular display of ash, rock, and molten lava, and finally ending with Mt Fumi's stupendous paroxysmal eruption. All of Cortoza's vegetation was destroyed, while humans and Pokémon not fast enough to flee perished in the resulting destruction as the western end of the island collapsed beneath the sea, generating a series of devastating pyroclastic flows and immense tsunamis that ravaged adjacent coastlines. The events of that day marked the last 24 hours on earth for over 50,000 people and 300,000 Pokémon, as the wave of destruction flowed across hundreds of coastal villages and towns. For the next hundred years nobody dared approach the island due to the constant seismic activity and mini eruptions, but for the past several decades all has been quiet. Pokémon have returned, and with very few people drawn to the volcanic island, wildlife has been given the chance to thrive. Although wary, people are also beginning to venture to Cortoza again, some of the more opportunistic seeing this land as their chance to strike it rich due to its fast-booming tourism industry. Most are curious though, as the island has shown amazing regenerative qualities, and many are eager to explore and to witness the miraculous regrowth for themselves. The tropical jungle is flourishing once more, Pokémon have returned, and as far as everyone is aware most of Cortoza's volcanoes have been laying dormant for almost one hundred years.



The Island
The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

Areas:
Shale Beach: Shale Beach stretches around the outskirts of the island itself. Its sand is gritty and black, not at all the postcard picture you want to be sending home.

Ignatius River: Flowing from the base of Mt. Infernus and winding throughout the island before eventually flowing into the sea, the Ignatius River is a popular destination for travellers who wish to picnic by its banks, or take a dip after a long day of hiking. Many wild Pokémon can be found wandering around here, and most are rather friendly as they've become accustomed to seeing humans wandering along the shore.

Garland Basin: A large basin near Mt. Ceniza where many varieties of herbs grow. A large number of natural hot springs are found here, making it a popular tourist attraction. The effects of the herbs in the warm spring water can have various effects, some very soothing.

Lake Tyr: A freshwater lake situated roughly halfway between Mt. Pele and Mt. Fumi, Lake Tyr covers an area of about 2.4 square kilometres and is over 220 meters deep. The water is a beautiful, sapphire blue, and is always quite warm due to volcanic activity beneath the island. Many people are drawn here for the spectacular scenery, but also to take a refreshing dip after spending a long day trekking across the island. What most don't tend to realise is that Lake Tyr is sitting right on top of an active oceanic volcano.

Crystal Resort: A comfortable and modern resort built on the edge of Lake Tyr for the tourists who are now frequenting Cortoza.

Research Lab: A division of Volcanity Inc., this scientific team has set up equipment at several locations across the island in order to study the geological effects of past eruptions on the current environment, as well as to track any current seismic activity. Sometimes they can use some help, so if you offer your services you may be able to take on a job.



Mt. Pele
From afar, this mountain appears to resemble a woman whom the Cortozans believe to be the Goddess of fire, lightning, dance, volcanoes, and violence. Pele was, and still is, both revered and feared by the native inhabitants of Cortoza as they firmly believe the only way to avoid utter destruction of their land is to pay homage to her. With Mt. Pele having been the first to erupt two hundred years ago, many believe their Goddess was unhappy with her subjects, and that she had exacted her punishment upon them for having ignored their faith in her. Those who survived the initial destruction two centuries ago were sure to pass on the story of Pele to their children so that her legend was sure to live on. Today, the descendants of Cortoza's survivors hold daily rituals and monthly festivals to keep their Goddess happy in the hope she'll never destroy their homes again.

Areas:
Pele's Ruins: The ruins of a thousand year old temple built in Pele's honour. Descendants of Cortoza's survivors steer clear of these ruins as they believe they have been cursed by Pele herself, and have instead built another temple in which to worship their Goddess. The Ruins have become a popular tourist attraction for visitors to the island however, a fact which makes the natives rather uneasy.

Pele's Temple: Built by the descendants of Cortoza's survivors as a place of worship for their beloved Goddess, this pure white marble temple is a work of art. Etchings, paintings, and sculptures depict the Cortozan Goddess in all of her flaming beauty, and those who enter the temple are expected to leave an offering in order to keep Pele happy.

Pele's Shrine: Half-way up the mountainside is another monument built in Pele's honour, this sacred shrine's centrepiece none other than a sacrificial altar surrounded by flaming torches. Chanting can be heard at night, drifting across the island, but it's the blood-curdling screams that can be heard emanating from here under the light of a full moon that keep tourists and trainers away when the sun begins to set.

Pele's Cavern: About two-thirds of the way up the mountainside is an enormous cavern dedicated to Pele. Molten lava pits dot the floor, the humidity so intense that only the hardiest of fire types can withstand the extreme temperatures. Trainers will need plenty of water if they wish to enter as no human can stand the heat for more than a few minutes at a time. Cortozans believe that winning a battle here will impress their Goddess who will bestow them with good fortune after proving they are worthy of her faith, and will often challenge strong trainers to a battle.

Fire Pit: Believed to be the home of Pele, the crater's magma-filled centre is well protected. Cortozan natives are afraid that tourists and trainers will not show their deity the respect she deserves and will stop at nothing to ensure nobody reaches Mt. Pele's summit.



Mt. Fumi
The largest and most volatile of Cortoza's volcano's, Mt. Fumi tends to strike most who see it with feelings of awe and fear. Towering over the other mountains, Mt. Fumi is an impressive sight, but is also home to some of the most dangerous Pokémon who tend to dwell higher up on the mountainside in order to avoid the sudden influx of trainers who are frequenting the island. If you plan on taking a hike up this mountain, you'll want a powerful team by your side.

Areas:
Terraki Village: One of many villages destroyed by the eruption two hundred years ago. Recently, the descendants of those who once dwelt here have returned to lay claim to their ancestral land.

Fumi's Walk: A long and winding trail that twists around the volcano. If you think you have the stamina to make your way to Mt. Fumi's summit you can certainly give it a try, but beware, the trail is unstable and the Pokémon along here do not like intruders.

Open Plain: A wide plateau near the mountaintop. Many travellers like to picnic here and challenge each other to a friendly battle. The views are amazing, but sometimes wild Pokémon who don't like people trespassing upon their territory are prone to emerge from the caverns dotting the mountainside to attack and scare people off. Be prepared for more than a little sightseeing if you venture this far up the mountain.

Mt Fumi Peak: The hottest of all places, deadly fire Pokémon breach the edges of the volcano making the heat almost as intense as the lava inside. If you manage to make it to the top, bring a lot of water - you'll need it.

Volcanic Crater: Inside of Mt. Fumi is the volcano's crater. It is hot, steamy and full of lava. While the volcano has been dormant for almost one hundred years the island is occasionally racked with powerful tremors, an indication of the fact that this thing is preparing for another mind-blowing explosion. It is rumoured that immediately after one of these tremors, some of the strongest fire and lava Pokémon appear.
- Sub-Area:
- The Lava Pit: A battle arena suspended over the lava where Fire Pokémon battle each other in tournament-esque matches for a prize and the glory of being crowned the champion. Trainers with Fire Pokémon often find themselves here because of their Pokémon's lust for battle and eagerness to prove themselves against other fire types. Legend has it that the king of Fire Pokémon presents the prize and crowns each new champion personally...



Mt. Ceniza
Always grey, Mt. Ceniza is constantly coated in a thin layer of ash. An active volcano, she doesn't appear to be on the verge of eruption - not any time soon, anyway - but her constant rumbling can be felt by those who travel near. This mountain has become a tourist attraction, particularly for those interested in collecting ash, though the tremors felt do tend to keep the more nervous travellers away.

Areas:
Cinder Village: A small village at the base of Mt. Ceniza built around a murky hot spring. Its inhabitants believe the ash filled water will cure any ailment for human and Pokémon alike.

Caliente Trail: A path leading up the mountain that is always covered in ash. Not many Pokémon find the living conditions on Mt. Ceniza to be very pleasant, but those who do seem to enjoy their surroundings. Some are more friendly than others, so don't be too quick to befriend wild Pokémon seen along here or you may be in for more than you'd bargained for.

Granite Tunnel: A maze-like tunnel leading up through the inner mountain. Steps have been carved into the rocks so that people can make their way to several different locations of the mountainside in order to bypass the falling ash. A preferable choice for those who prefer to stay clean, but it can get quite warm in here so be sure to bring along a good supply of water. Falling rubble can pose a problem, however, during Mt. Ceniza's stronger tremors so you'll need your wits about you at all times.

Rest House: An old man living on the mountain is the only person to have returned to Cortoza decades before any other human dared to venture back to the island. He's a little strange after having lived so long on his own, but is a very friendly fellow indeed. He enjoys the company of trainers, and will open his home to anyone in need of food and a place to sleep. He makes remarkable glass sculptures from the ash he collects, and if you do him a favour you may just find yourself leaving with a unique souvenir.

Ceniza Summit: Definitely not the safest place to roam. The light stream of ash emitting from its crater is very hot upon emerging from the depths of the volcano, though it cools rapidly upon coming into contact with the air. If you're unfortunate enough to be wandering about here during one of Ceniza's 'bursts' of activity, you're going to need to take cover, and fast! The land up here is fairly barren, the trees long since dead, though the odd patches of hardy plant life scattered across the summit are a pleasant sight to behold. Most of the Pokémon who reside up here dwell in caves and aren't too friendly when approached, so if you do plan on travelling here you'll need to have the ability the think quickly and decisively when dangerous situations arise.



Mt. Infernus
The second largest of Cortoza's mountains, Mt. Infernus is now extinct. Many Pokémon have made their homes within the vast network of tunnels and caverns deep within the mountain, and aren't all that accustomed to seeing people. It's become the primary breeding ground for many of the rarer Pokémon who tend to shy away from humans, and due to the protective nature of the parent Pokémon, quite a hazardous area to traverse.

Areas:
Waterfall: A large waterfall cascading down the side of Mt. Infernus and into the Ignatius River before flowing out to sea. Many tourists and trainers love to bask in the sun by its banks which are much more pleasant to visit than the uninviting Shale Beach surrounding the island.

Scenic Walk: A long path comprised of slopes and stairs leading up and around the mountainside. With Mt. Infernus being an extinct volcano and Cortoza's second tallest mountain, most tourists feel more comfortable sightseeing from here. The views are spectacular, and there are several campsites manned my Cortozan natives who will provide food and shelter for weary travellers.

Totem Village: A tribal village situated upon a mesa on the mountainside which is surrounded by totem poles depicting various Cortozan Gods. The villagers are extremely friendly and always happy to engage in friendly battles with trainers looking to prove themselves upon any of the cleverly designed battle arenas created by the villagers.

Mountain Peak: A sanctuary for wild Pokémon who live amidst the lush trees found upon the mountaintop. Very few trainers have the stamina to make it all the way up here, so the Pokémon who dwell in the area have thrived in this environment. Many freshwater pools dot the landscape, but beware of the fast flowing river that leads to the edge of the waterfall cascading into the river below as no safety rails have been built to keep curious trainers and Pokémon away from the long drop over the mountainside.

The Rock Pool: Deep, deep, deep, within the bowels of Mt. Infernus there is rumoured to be a secluded water-filled chamber where extremely rare and ancient Pokémon dwell. Some even say that Pokémon have mutated over the centuries to create new breeds, never before seen in the land of Fizzy Bubbles. This has never been confirmed or denied, as those who have stumbled across this chamber have never been able to defeat the Pokémon they've encountered, let alone capture them. When told to bring proof of their existence, those who have tried to return to the chamber have never been able to find it again. Who knows? If you're lucky, you may just stumble across it...

enchantress
8th February 2009, 9:53 PM
Cortoza
The Volcanic Island

Floating serenely in the middle of the ocean, Cortoza is a secluded land mass which was once a beautiful and highly populated tropical island. Two hundred years ago a powerful oceanic earthquake resulted in a chain reaction of death and destruction as Cortoza's active volcanic mountains erupted in a series of cataclysmic explosions that churned out a spectacular display of ash, rock, and molten lava, and finally ending with Mt Fumi's stupendous paroxysmal eruption. All of Cortoza's vegetation was destroyed, while humans and Pokémon not fast enough to flee perished in the resulting destruction as the western end of the island collapsed beneath the sea, generating a series of devastating pyroclastic flows and immense tsunamis that ravaged adjacent coastlines. The events of that day marked the last 24 hours on earth for over 50,000 people and 300,000 Pokémon, as the wave of destruction flowed across hundreds of coastal villages and towns. For the next hundred years nobody dared approach the island due to the constant seismic activity and mini eruptions, but for the past several decades all has been quiet. Pokémon have returned, and with very few people drawn to the volcanic island, wildlife has been given the chance to thrive. Although wary, people are also beginning to venture to Cortoza again, some of the more opportunistic seeing this land as their chance to strike it rich due to its fast-booming tourism industry. Most are curious though, as the island has shown amazing regenerative qualities, and many are eager to explore and to witness the miraculous regrowth for themselves. The tropical jungle is flourishing once more, Pokémon have returned, and as far as everyone is aware most of Cortoza's volcanoes have been laying dormant for almost one hundred years.



The Island
The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

Areas:
Shale Beach: Shale Beach stretches around the outskirts of the island itself. Its sand is gritty and black, not at all the postcard picture you want to be sending home.

Ignatius River: Flowing from the base of Mt. Infernus and winding throughout the island before eventually flowing into the sea, the Ignatius River is a popular destination for travellers who wish to picnic by its banks, or take a dip after a long day of hiking. Many wild Pokémon can be found wandering around here, and most are rather friendly as they've become accustomed to seeing humans wandering along the shore.

Garland Basin: A large basin near Mt. Ceniza where many varieties of herbs grow. A large number of natural hot springs are found here, making it a popular tourist attraction. The effects of the herbs in the warm spring water can have various effects, some very soothing.

Lake Tyr: A freshwater lake situated roughly halfway between Mt. Pele and Mt. Fumi, Lake Tyr covers an area of about 2.4 square kilometres and is over 220 meters deep. The water is a beautiful, sapphire blue, and is always quite warm due to volcanic activity beneath the island. Many people are drawn here for the spectacular scenery, but also to take a refreshing dip after spending a long day trekking across the island. What most don't tend to realise is that Lake Tyr is sitting right on top of an active oceanic volcano.

Crystal Resort: A comfortable and modern resort built on the edge of Lake Tyr for the tourists who are now frequenting Cortoza.

Research Lab: A division of Volcanity Inc., this scientific team has set up equipment at several locations across the island in order to study the geological effects of past eruptions on the current environment, as well as to track any current seismic activity. Sometimes they can use some help, so if you offer your services you may be able to take on a job.



Mt. Pele
From afar, this mountain appears to resemble a woman whom the Cortozans believe to be the Goddess of fire, lightning, dance, volcanoes, and violence. Pele was, and still is, both revered and feared by the native inhabitants of Cortoza as they firmly believe the only way to avoid utter destruction of their land is to pay homage to her. With Mt. Pele having been the first to erupt two hundred years ago, many believe their Goddess was unhappy with her subjects, and that she had exacted her punishment upon them for having ignored their faith in her. Those who survived the initial destruction two centuries ago were sure to pass on the story of Pele to their children so that her legend was sure to live on. Today, the descendants of Cortoza's survivors hold daily rituals and monthly festivals to keep their Goddess happy in the hope she'll never destroy their homes again.

Areas:
Pele's Ruins: The ruins of a thousand year old temple built in Pele's honour. Descendants of Cortoza's survivors steer clear of these ruins as they believe they have been cursed by Pele herself, and have instead built another temple in which to worship their Goddess. The Ruins have become a popular tourist attraction for visitors to the island however, a fact which makes the natives rather uneasy.

Pele's Temple: Built by the descendants of Cortoza's survivors as a place of worship for their beloved Goddess, this pure white marble temple is a work of art. Etchings, paintings, and sculptures depict the Cortozan Goddess in all of her flaming beauty, and those who enter the temple are expected to leave an offering in order to keep Pele happy.

Pele's Shrine: Half-way up the mountainside is another monument built in Pele's honour, this sacred shrine's centrepiece none other than a sacrificial altar surrounded by flaming torches. Chanting can be heard at night, drifting across the island, but it's the blood-curdling screams that can be heard emanating from here under the light of a full moon that keep tourists and trainers away when the sun begins to set.

Pele's Cavern: About two-thirds of the way up the mountainside is an enormous cavern dedicated to Pele. Molten lava pits dot the floor, the humidity so intense that only the hardiest of fire types can withstand the extreme temperatures. Trainers will need plenty of water if they wish to enter as no human can stand the heat for more than a few minutes at a time. Cortozans believe that winning a battle here will impress their Goddess who will bestow them with good fortune after proving they are worthy of her faith, and will often challenge strong trainers to a battle.

Fire Pit: Believed to be the home of Pele, the crater's magma-filled centre is well protected. Cortozan natives are afraid that tourists and trainers will not show their deity the respect she deserves and will stop at nothing to ensure nobody reaches Mt. Pele's summit.



Mt. Fumi
The largest and most volatile of Cortoza's volcano's, Mt. Fumi tends to strike most who see it with feelings of awe and fear. Towering over the other mountains, Mt. Fumi is an impressive sight, but is also home to some of the most dangerous Pokémon who tend to dwell higher up on the mountainside in order to avoid the sudden influx of trainers who are frequenting the island. If you plan on taking a hike up this mountain, you'll want a powerful team by your side.

Areas:
Terraki Village: One of many villages destroyed by the eruption two hundred years ago. Recently, the descendants of those who once dwelt here have returned to lay claim to their ancestral land.

Fumi's Walk: A long and winding trail that twists around the volcano. If you think you have the stamina to make your way to Mt. Fumi's summit you can certainly give it a try, but beware, the trail is unstable and the Pokémon along here do not like intruders.

Open Plain: A wide plateau near the mountaintop. Many travellers like to picnic here and challenge each other to a friendly battle. The views are amazing, but sometimes wild Pokémon who don't like people trespassing upon their territory are prone to emerge from the caverns dotting the mountainside to attack and scare people off. Be prepared for more than a little sightseeing if you venture this far up the mountain.

Mt Fumi Peak: The hottest of all places, deadly fire Pokémon breach the edges of the volcano making the heat almost as intense as the lava inside. If you manage to make it to the top, bring a lot of water - you'll need it.

Volcanic Crater: Inside of Mt. Fumi is the volcano's crater. It is hot, steamy and full of lava. While the volcano has been dormant for almost one hundred years the island is occasionally racked with powerful tremors, an indication of the fact that this thing is preparing for another mind-blowing explosion. It is rumoured that immediately after one of these tremors, some of the strongest fire and lava Pokémon appear.
- Sub-Area:
- The Lava Pit: A battle arena suspended over the lava where Fire Pokémon battle each other in tournament-esque matches for a prize and the glory of being crowned the champion. Trainers with Fire Pokémon often find themselves here because of their Pokémon's lust for battle and eagerness to prove themselves against other fire types. Legend has it that the king of Fire Pokémon presents the prize and crowns each new champion personally...



Mt. Ceniza
Always grey, Mt. Ceniza is constantly coated in a thin layer of ash. An active volcano, she doesn't appear to be on the verge of eruption - not any time soon, anyway - but her constant rumbling can be felt by those who travel near. This mountain has become a tourist attraction, particularly for those interested in collecting ash, though the tremors felt do tend to keep the more nervous travellers away.

Areas:
Cinder Village: A small village at the base of Mt. Ceniza built around a murky hot spring. Its inhabitants believe the ash filled water will cure any ailment for human and Pokémon alike.

Caliente Trail: A path leading up the mountain that is always covered in ash. Not many Pokémon find the living conditions on Mt. Ceniza to be very pleasant, but those who do seem to enjoy their surroundings. Some are more friendly than others, so don't be too quick to befriend wild Pokémon seen along here or you may be in for more than you'd bargained for.

Granite Tunnel: A maze-like tunnel leading up through the inner mountain. Steps have been carved into the rocks so that people can make their way to several different locations of the mountainside in order to bypass the falling ash. A preferable choice for those who prefer to stay clean, but it can get quite warm in here so be sure to bring along a good supply of water. Falling rubble can pose a problem, however, during Mt. Ceniza's stronger tremors so you'll need your wits about you at all times.

Rest House: An old man living on the mountain is the only person to have returned to Cortoza decades before any other human dared to venture back to the island. He's a little strange after having lived so long on his own, but is a very friendly fellow indeed. He enjoys the company of trainers, and will open his home to anyone in need of food and a place to sleep. He makes remarkable glass sculptures from the ash he collects, and if you do him a favour you may just find yourself leaving with a unique souvenir.

Ceniza Summit: Definitely not the safest place to roam. The light stream of ash emitting from its crater is very hot upon emerging from the depths of the volcano, though it cools rapidly upon coming into contact with the air. If you're unfortunate enough to be wandering about here during one of Ceniza's 'bursts' of activity, you're going to need to take cover, and fast! The land up here is fairly barren, the trees long since dead, though the odd patches of hardy plant life scattered across the summit are a pleasant sight to behold. Most of the Pokémon who reside up here dwell in caves and aren't too friendly when approached, so if you do plan on travelling here you'll need to have the ability the think quickly and decisively when dangerous situations arise.



Mt. Infernus
The second largest of Cortoza's mountains, Mt. Infernus is now extinct. Many Pokémon have made their homes within the vast network of tunnels and caverns deep within the mountain, and aren't all that accustomed to seeing people. It's become the primary breeding ground for many of the rarer Pokémon who tend to shy away from humans, and due to the protective nature of the parent Pokémon, quite a hazardous area to traverse.

Areas:
Waterfall: A large waterfall cascading down the side of Mt. Infernus and into the Ignatius River before flowing out to sea. Many tourists and trainers love to bask in the sun by its banks which are much more pleasant to visit than the uninviting Shale Beach surrounding the island.

Scenic Walk: A long path comprised of slopes and stairs leading up and around the mountainside. With Mt. Infernus being an extinct volcano and Cortoza's second tallest mountain, most tourists feel more comfortable sightseeing from here. The views are spectacular, and there are several campsites manned my Cortozan natives who will provide food and shelter for weary travellers.

Totem Village: A tribal village situated upon a mesa on the mountainside which is surrounded by totem poles depicting various Cortozan Gods. The villagers are extremely friendly and always happy to engage in friendly battles with trainers looking to prove themselves upon any of the cleverly designed battle arenas created by the villagers.

Mountain Peak: A sanctuary for wild Pokémon who live amidst the lush trees found upon the mountaintop. Very few trainers have the stamina to make it all the way up here, so the Pokémon who dwell in the area have thrived in this environment. Many freshwater pools dot the landscape, but beware of the fast flowing river that leads to the edge of the waterfall cascading into the river below as no safety rails have been built to keep curious trainers and Pokémon away from the long drop over the mountainside.

The Rock Pool: Deep, deep, deep, within the bowels of Mt. Infernus there is rumoured to be a secluded water-filled chamber where extremely rare and ancient Pokémon dwell. Some even say that Pokémon have mutated over the centuries to create new breeds, never before seen in the land of Fizzy Bubbles. This has never been confirmed or denied, as those who have stumbled across this chamber have never been able to defeat the Pokémon they've encountered, let alone capture them. When told to bring proof of their existence, those who have tried to return to the chamber have never been able to find it again. Who knows? If you're lucky, you may just stumble across it...

fishyfool
9th February 2009, 11:33 PM
Well, since the end of the old CG adventure has came, it's time to migrate to a warmer climate...*shot*

Jamie had always been a bit of a fan of warm places, likely deriving from his Sinnoh encounters with an irate Heatran when he and Volcape, along with his old Starmie, knocked a few stray rocks into Stark Mountain's large crater. The memories of those days flooded back to the trainer as he ended up outside Cortoza, a volcanic island range that had spontaneously appeared, having departed from Seaside City in the faroff Laguna Peninsula.

The volcanic scent filled his lungs with nostalgia, as the young adult plucked a pokeball and released the resident: Volcape. As it were it had been a long time, and in the travels around the realm of Fizzy Bubbles, he had grown into a stately and proud Infernape, and upon seeing the volcanic isles, gave a cheerful grunt. As it were, however, Jamie was a little bored on the island, as he procured a small brochure of Cortoza, in which the front was emblazoned with a smouldering volcano with a silly image of a relaxing Charizard. Sighing inwardly, he flicked through the pages, picking out a few places he'd not wish to linger around in.

As the monkey pokemon peered over his shoulder, a surprising feat considering his master was a little over six feet tall, he frowned at the four major volcanoes, before pointing at the main island area, as Jamie peeked at it. Giving a curious grin, Volcape gave another grunt as Jamie noticed a certain area of the place which piqued his interest, and as the pair nodded, both set off for the crystal resort to check out the area and see if they could nab some R&R.

Amras.MG
10th February 2009, 2:19 AM
fishyfool: Setting foot onto Cortoza Isle, you breathe in deeply, the spicy air bringing in a flood of memories from Stark Mountain in Sinnoh. The black, ashy soil crunches softly underneath your feet as you and and your Infernape survey the island. Sighing slightly, you retreive the map you received on the Laguna Peninsula, quickly choosing the high-tech Crystal Resort as the destination for your journey. Motioning to Volcape to follow you, the Infernape grins and begins to lope forwards with you, heading down the trail to the Crystal Resort.

Choosing a path that would take you quickly to the Crystal Resort, you find yourself in the middle of the jungle rather quickly, sweat making your shirt stick to your skin as you hike throught the undergrowth. The jungle around you teems with life, Aipom are swinging on the branches above you, and the path in front of you continues to stretch on. Checking your watch, you notice that you've been walking for almost an hour now, and realize that you're soaked with sweet and are starting to breathe heavily from the walk. However, up ahead you see a glint of sunlight on metal... it looks like you're almost there!

Grinning widely, you begin running towards the Crystal Resort, eager to finally be out of the sweltering jungle. Suddenly, you hear a scream to your right, and out of the corner of your eye you see a small Aipom crying as it is hit by a large Ambipom.

What will you do?

Psychopath
10th February 2009, 3:24 AM
Mt. Infernus
The second largest of Cortoza's mountains, Mt. Infernus is now extinct. Many Pokémon have made their homes within the vast network of tunnels and caverns deep within the mountain, and aren't all that accustomed to seeing people. It's become the primary breeding ground for many of the rarer Pokémon who tend to shy away from humans, and due to the protective nature of the parent Pokémon, quite a hazardous area to traverse.

Areas:
The Rock Pool: Deep, deep, deep, within the bowels of Mt. Infernus there is rumoured to be a secluded water-filled chamber where extremely rare and ancient Pokémon dwell. Some even say that Pokémon have mutated over the centuries to create new breeds, never before seen in the land of Fizzy Bubbles. This has never been confirmed or denied, as those who have stumbled across this chamber have never been able to defeat the Pokémon they've encountered, let alone capture them. When told to bring proof of their existence, those who have tried to return to the chamber have never been able to find it again. Who knows? If you're lucky, you may just stumble across it...

This time I have an active updater so I'm dropping out of Cascadia.

Tyson relished the idea of finding a challenge in this dangerous volcano. He had decided to head to The Rock Pool after having heard stories about it from an old friend. "This is Awesome!" He exclaimed as he stared at mount Infernus, it was more dangerous looking than he thought. And he liked that. "I think I should get some help from someone. If I stumble into something I can't handle I might need someone to help me get the hell out." He unclipped two pokeballs from his belt, "Valor, Mortimer, come out." He aimed the pokeballs at the ground as two pokemon appeared, a little blue turtle and a floating tissue-like ghost, A Squirtle and a Shuppet. "Look guys, were going into a little place called the rock pool. Or at least we are going to look for it. The three of us are going to be in danger most likely so stay on your toes." They both nodded, and all three headed towards Mt. Infernus, and mmaybe the rock pool.

fishyfool
10th February 2009, 11:15 PM
fishyfool: Setting foot onto Cortoza Isle, you breathe in deeply, the spicy air bringing in a flood of memories from Stark Mountain in Sinnoh. The black, ashy soil crunches softly underneath your feet as you and and your Infernape survey the island. Sighing slightly, you retreive the map you received on the Laguna Peninsula, quickly choosing the high-tech Crystal Resort as the destination for your journey. Motioning to Volcape to follow you, the Infernape grins and begins to lope forwards with you, heading down the trail to the Crystal Resort.

Choosing a path that would take you quickly to the Crystal Resort, you find yourself in the middle of the jungle rather quickly, sweat making your shirt stick to your skin as you hike throught the undergrowth. The jungle around you teems with life, Aipom are swinging on the branches above you, and the path in front of you continues to stretch on. Checking your watch, you notice that you've been walking for almost an hour now, and realize that you're soaked with sweet and are starting to breathe heavily from the walk. However, up ahead you see a glint of sunlight on metal... it looks like you're almost there!

Grinning widely, you begin running towards the Crystal Resort, eager to finally be out of the sweltering jungle. Suddenly, you hear a scream to your right, and out of the corner of your eye you see a small Aipom crying as it is hit by a large Ambipom.

What will you do?

With the nods and natural ability to get oneself lost, Jamie had decided to invest in a compass and mapreading ability so that he would actually reach the resort instead of the magma-drenched caldera of a nearby volcano, as Volcape started out on the journey to the resort. As they entered the jungle, Jamie gave a cheerful whistle and prepared to go through unfamiliar territory, being one who preferred the mountains and temperate woodland to tropical forest.

After a while, Volcape was feeling uneasy as Jamie started to mutter under his breath at the B.O he was gathering in his shirt, and he started to wish he didn't bring so much clothing to the island. Yes, there were pokemon here, as the two of them had spotted a few Aipom swinging around the trees, and jamie naturallye xpected some Sceptile to just jump out from behind them and skewer him for intruding on the terrain, but he dispelled these thoughts as a glint of sunlight peeked through the foliage and into his eyeballs, making him swear a little loudly, before smiling. The resort building was merely a few hundred metres ahead and they had only been here an hour.

"Dammit, remind me to visit some urban area next time, eh?"

A sudden scream caught his attention as Jamie groaned before turning to the source of the racket to see an Aipom being smacked about by a larger Ambipom for some unknown reason, and had a small thought as to the possibilities: Perhaps the smaller monkey had nicked the larger's food and was getting a hiding for it, or the Ambipom was the villain of the local area and wished to eliminate the smaller ape as a potential threat. Either way, the small Aipom's cries were starting to get on Jamie's nerves as Volcape noticed and offered his paw in assisting in the chaos.

"Well, okay then. Get closer and see what the hell's going on with them, try and assert your authority as a bigger and nastier monkey, and see what the Ambipom's battering the little one for. If it's something pretty severe or a proper crime, such as hurting his pal or stealing food, then let him be. If it's a case of bullying, mach punch the Ambipom in the gut before deliverng a nice blaze kick to his arse. Should the monkey take advantage of your open-mindedness to start on you, swiftly smack him with a swift ice beam and while he's recovering from the sudden shock, close combat him for trying to be smart."

With a nod and a crack of his knuckle, Volcape sauntered nearer the two monkeys, and Jamie knew inside that something was going to hurt.

Amras.MG
13th February 2009, 12:11 AM
psychopath: Arriving on Cortoza Isle near Mt. Infernus, you call out your companions to help you in your journey to the Rock Pool. Noting the supposed location of the legendary spot, you set off towards the dead volcanoe in the distance. Realizing that you have to take the Scenic Path to get even remotely close to your goal, your map steers you that way. Traversing the Scenic Path, you notice that there aren't any other people on the trail... as though something might be wrong here. Up ahead, you see an old man blocking the road into the mountain with his Steelix. Apparently something is going on that the tribe doesn't want tourists to interfere in. Further up the path you see Totem Village completely overflowing with people...

What will you do?

fishyfool: Stopping on your way to your destination, you cringe at the Aipom's cries, their high shriekingness annoying the hell out of you. Nodding to Infernape to deal with the annoyance, you cross your arms and watch as the fire monkey lopes over to the Aipom and Ambipom. As Infernape approaches the two squabblers, the Ambipom screeches loudly and fiercely before hitting Aipom on the side of the head, sending the Pokemon flying facefirst into a tree near you. Groaning, the Aipom collapses, unconscious due to the head blow. Infernape roars in anger at the Ambipom's aggression, and Mach Punches Ambipom hard, hitting the monkey in the gut and lifting him off the ground. Ambipom Screeches loudly, causing Infernape to flinch, and Double Hits him. Infernape's leg catches fire and a resounding crack is heard as the Blaze Kick connects... with a tree? Laughing evilly, Ambipom grins from the tree he just leapt to, Taunting Infernape to do his worst. Infernape spins around to keep his opponent in view, and you notice that the tree he felled is smoldering from the Blaze Kick a little...

What will you do?

Psychopath
14th February 2009, 2:41 AM
psychopath: Arriving on Cortoza Isle near Mt. Infernus, you call out your companions to help you in your journey to the Rock Pool. Noting the supposed location of the legendary spot, you set off towards the dead volcanoe in the distance. Realizing that you have to take the Scenic Path to get even remotely close to your goal, your map steers you that way. Traversing the Scenic Path, you notice that there aren't any other people on the trail... as though something might be wrong here. Up ahead, you see an old man blocking the road into the mountain with his Steelix. Apparently something is going on that the tribe doesn't want tourists to interfere in. Further up the path you see Totem Village completely overflowing with people...

What will you do?


Tyson was surprised at the fact that he'd have to take the scenic route, not because he was lazy, and not because it was dangerous, but because it was overflowing with them. Tyson hated tourists, they reminded him of death, even though he technichally was a tourist. He saw a few totems in the distance and realised he was near the totem village. What was strange was the fact that he had not seen a single of those bloodsucking leeches anywhere but in the village a few yards away. Stranger than that was the fact that the road was being blocked by a Steelix and an old man. He realised something was up at the village, and to get to the rock pool he needed to get through there. "Time to act like a kid." He was a fifteen year old, but he could get himself past the old man... or at least he thought so. He gave his pokemon a few words, "Mortimer, pretend you are my my starter pokemon and Valor, you'll be my first catch, we are happy and our mom is at the village. If anything goes wrong and we are attacked you should attack the Steelix carefully, Mortimer, use your sneaky moves, like Sucker punch, Shadow Sneak and Payback. Valor, You should use your strong moves, Water Pulse, Water Gun, and Brine." They agreed. He ran at the man and began to speak. "Hello sir, I was windering if I could go to the village? I just caught this wonderful little Turtle and want to show my mom. We separated about an hour ago and I need to talk to her."

Amras.MG
14th February 2009, 3:07 AM
psychopath: Taking heart at the lack of tourists in the area, you quickly formulate a plan to get past the old man and his giant Steelix. Pretending that you had just caught your first Pokemon, you run up to the man and ask if you can go to the Village. Turning towards you slowly, back cracking multiple times, the old man smiles and nods. Apparently the old man is blocking the path to the Rock Pool, not the path into the Village. Thanking him, you and your Pokemon walk into the village, and are shocked at the sight. Thousands of tourists are milling about the center of town, chatting among themselves and looking for gift shops. Groaning, you try to find a relatively clear area, and spot a small alley to your right. Looking closer, you notice that there is a small child looking out at the crowd, her face a grim mask; she's definitely not happy. By her side is a Bonsly, looking pretty sad that his friend is so sad. The girl looks like she's a native from her traditional garb...

What will you do?

Psychopath
16th February 2009, 12:59 AM
psychopath: Taking heart at the lack of tourists in the area, you quickly formulate a plan to get past the old man and his giant Steelix. Pretending that you had just caught your first Pokemon, you run up to the man and ask if you can go to the Village. Turning towards you slowly, back cracking multiple times, the old man smiles and nods. Apparently the old man is blocking the path to the Rock Pool, not the path into the Village. Thanking him, you and your Pokemon walk into the village, and are shocked at the sight. Thousands of tourists are milling about the center of town, chatting among themselves and looking for gift shops. Groaning, you try to find a relatively clear area, and spot a small alley to your right. Looking closer, you notice that there is a small child looking out at the crowd, her face a grim mask; she's definitely not happy. By her side is a Bonsly, looking pretty sad that his friend is so sad. The girl looks like she's a native from her traditional garb...

What will you do?

Tyson looked at the village, it was full of tourists. They're like cockroaches, they're everywhere. He looked at his pokemon, who didn't think hanging around tourists was a good idea. They found a back alley and walked there, thinking of ways to get to the rock pool, "Maybe we could find a path behind the villa--" He stopped, as he saw a little girl, who was looking at the crowds, she was sad. What really struck him was the fact that she was wearing traditional native clothes. He thought about passing her and nott looking back, but something drew him to ask, "What's wrong little girl?"

He had no clue what had compelled him to ask that question, maybe it was the fact that he had a little sister at home, maybe it was the fact that she was a native, or maybe he was just a nice person. He guessed it was the second, since she was a native she could probably let him into the mountain, into the rock pool. He figured he might as well help, after all, he had no way to the rock pool yet. How is it that I always get to help people? I'm too soft.

arcanumghost
16th February 2009, 6:20 AM
Mt. Fumi
The largest and most volatile of Cortoza's volcano's, Mt. Fumi tends to strike most who see it with feelings of awe and fear. Towering over the other mountains, Mt. Fumi is an impressive sight, but is also home to some of the most dangerous Pokémon who tend to dwell higher up on the mountainside in order to avoid the sudden influx of trainers who are frequenting the island. If you plan on taking a hike up this mountain, you'll want a powerful team by your side.

Open Plain: A wide plateau near the mountaintop. Many travellers like to picnic here and challenge each other to a friendly battle. The views are amazing, but sometimes wild Pokémon who don't like people trespassing upon their territory are prone to emerge from the caverns dotting the mountainside to attack and scare people off. Be prepared for more than a little sightseeing if you venture this far up the mountain.

Arcanum was heaving heavily by the time he reached his energetic Trapinch, Adam, at the edge of the plateau. It seemed his Trapinch was particularly excited to be here, and even though he didn't share his starter's enthusiasm Arcanum could understand why Adam was pretty excited. There was something about enormous ashy fields that stirred a boy's soul - not to mention the amazing view he enjoyed upon turning around at the way he came! He could see all the way to the oceans from on top of the plateau! Adam was running through the grass at this point, shaking up enormous plumes of ash and dust from the crisp grass. I wonder how grass can survive at all on a volcano... There must be a water source somewhere nearby... Arcanum thought to himself. "Hey, Adam! I think in order for these plants to survive there must be some kind of water source nearby. Do you wanna try to find it for our picnic lunch?" Arcanum asked his Trapinch. He had packed his favorite kind of sandwiches - Peanut Butter and Pepperoni - and couldn't wait to get started on eating them. Adam wasn't nearly as hungry as his exhausted trainer, but as always he barked his approval: "Trap! Trap!"

Arcanum and Adam started walking away from where they reached the field, hoping that they would soon come across a pleasant spot for their picnic.

Ytnim
16th February 2009, 9:30 AM
The Island
The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

Research Lab: A division of Volcanity Inc., this scientific team has set up equipment at several locations across the island in order to study the geological effects of past eruptions on the current environment, as well as to track any current seismic activity. Sometimes they can use some help, so if you offer your services you may be able to take on a job.


Minty's home town was Lavaridge in Hoenn, so he loved being on the volcanic island of Cortoza. The young man was dressed like he was on vacation, a white t-shirt under an unbuttoned black shirt, white board shorts with pokeball pictures aligning the top. Scratch that, on closer inspection the pictures weren't pictures at all, but real pokeballs, three on each leg.

He travelled lightly, a skip in his step and a hum on his lips at he looked up at the towering dormant volcanoes on the horizon, smiling to himself. He very much wanted a look at them up close, and he was sure he would, however he had seen advertisements around the dock about a research institute on the island that was recording data on the island and the volcanoes. The ads mentioned that at certain times they required assistance, and so Minty figured he would offer his services to see if they were required. It would be a good way to see the island while helping the researchers out at the same time.

Minty approaches a building with the words "Volcanity Inc." written above the glass sliding doors, the trainer figures he has reached the lab since that is the name of the research company that was on the posters down by the docks. Entering the cool air-conditioned building, Minty looks for someone to ask if they have any need of a pokemon trainer at the moment.

fishyfool
16th February 2009, 11:07 PM
fishyfool: Stopping on your way to your destination, you cringe at the Aipom's cries, their high shriekingness annoying the hell out of you. Nodding to Infernape to deal with the annoyance, you cross your arms and watch as the fire monkey lopes over to the Aipom and Ambipom. As Infernape approaches the two squabblers, the Ambipom screeches loudly and fiercely before hitting Aipom on the side of the head, sending the Pokemon flying facefirst into a tree near you. Groaning, the Aipom collapses, unconscious due to the head blow. Infernape roars in anger at the Ambipom's aggression, and Mach Punches Ambipom hard, hitting the monkey in the gut and lifting him off the ground. Ambipom Screeches loudly, causing Infernape to flinch, and Double Hits him. Infernape's leg catches fire and a resounding crack is heard as the Blaze Kick connects... with a tree? Laughing evilly, Ambipom grins from the tree he just leapt to, Taunting Infernape to do his worst. Infernape spins around to keep his opponent in view, and you notice that the tree he felled is smoldering from the Blaze Kick a little...

What will you do?

I'll take this reply as both a test and a reply to see if SPPfail will accept the LP updates.

As Volcape approached, the Ambipom proceeded to clout the poor monkey into a nearby tree after screeching in either surprise or anger, and as the Infernape smacked the twin tailed monkey in the gut, Jamie frowned irritably before his frown turned into a glare as the monkey taunted Volcape for his epic failure to do something at all. Noticing the smouldering tree, Jamie shrugged as he plucked a ball from his belt and in a flash, Wraith the Mudkip was out, and noticing the seething Volcape and the fallen tree, looked up at Jamie.

"Wraith, can you douse that tree there where it's smoking with a water gun, so it doesn't torch this jungle? Volcape's trying to demolish that Ambipom for bullying that Aipom, so I need you to head over and bring it here when you're done. If Ambipom makes a move for you, smash his arse with a superpower."

With a yip, Wraith started to move for the tree, while Jamie looked back up at the irritating monkey, before deciding that fire moves will be pointless and very hazardous in a jungle like this.

"Volcape, show this chimp who the king of the apes is. Scamper up that tree and if he tries to knock you down with his tails, grab it while your hands are electrified with a thunderpunch and drive it into him, then when he's down, get in with some close combat, and show him who's boss."

As Volcape nodded, Jamie wondered what could compel the larger chimp to assault the smaller one so viciously, and sighed as another relaxation plan went to pot.

Amras.MG
17th February 2009, 4:29 AM
psychopath: You walk into the alley and implusively ask her what's wrong, thoughts of your own little sister filling your head. Realizing quickly that she might be able to help you get to the Rock Pool, you kneel down next to her, waiting for her reply. The girl's deep brown eyes probe yours as she gauges your trustworthiness. Getting a reassuring nod from her Bonsly, the girl takes a deep breath and begins speaking a thousand words a minute. "Thetouristshaveangeredthepokemononthetopofthemount ainandmyunclehadtogokeepthemawaywithhissteelixsomy dadcouldtrytocalmthepokemonbuthe'sbeengoneforacoup leofdaysnowandI'mgettingworrywhatshouldIdo?" Sweatdropping, you quickly decipher her words as: "The tourists have angered the Pokemon on the top of the mountain and my uncle had to go keep them away with his Steelix so my dad could try to calm the Pokemon but he's been gone for a couple of days now and I'm getting worried, what should I do?" It seems like the girl's father is missing, and now we know that she's related to the guy with the Steelix.

"If you help me find my daddy, I can get us to the Rock Pool." she says, a quiet determination shining in her eyes.

What will you do?

Arcanumghost: Arriving on Cortoza Isle, you and your Trapinch happily set off to find a perfect place for a picnic, noting the grass rising from the volcanic ashes and deciding to look for water. You walk for a bit, noting the lack of a visible water source, although the scenery is getting more and more beautiful as you move further into the field, the ash mounds rising majestically from the landscape as testaments to the awesome power of nature. Ahead there seems to be an area that is completely devoid of ash, and there are pockmarks all around the perimeter of the area. Popping it's head out is a large Diglett, obviously a sentry for it's little area. On the other side of the clearing you see a Farfetch'd clearing away ash with it's twig, although the usual leek looks like it has feathers tied to it like a makeshift broom.

What will you do?

Ytnim: You arrive on Cortoza Isle, breathing in the volcanic air with a contented sigh, looking forward to exploring the island further. Hailing from Lavaridge, you're accustomed to a warm environment and wisely dressed as such, easily making your way to the Volcanity Inc. building without breaking a sweat. Entering the lab, you feel a blast of cool air and shiver slightly, the change in temperature catching you off guard. The door closes with a "foooowmp" behind you, leaving you to adjust your eyes to the scene in front of you. Directly ahead is a counter with a nurse behind it, apparently there for the healing needs sometimes required after a dangerous mission. To her right is a lounge area with comfy couches and knee high tables stacked with current research magazines. To the left of the nurse's counter is an electronic board displaying current errands to be completed. It looks like there are two at the moment:

WANTED: Escort to Mt. Fumi.
Acceptor must be skilled at battling and have quick reflexes on dangerous path.

WANTED: Water samples from Shale Beach, Lake Tyr, Ignatius River, Cinder Village, and Mt. Infernus Waterfall.
Applicant must be skilled at keeping samples fresh and may be required to work under pressure.

What will you do?

fishyfool: Sending out Mudkip, you quickly ask him to douse the possible fire, and sigh with relief as he does so, jumping out of the way of the way as Infernape jumps up into the tree next to Ambipom, dodging a Doubleslap and hitting Ambipom hard with a Thunderpunch. Ambipom shrieks in pain as his chest starts smoldering from burnt hair and quickly Slams Infernape in the chest, sending both the monkeys falling to the ground. Infernape roars and starts to whoop Ambipom with Close Combat, but is interrupted as Ambipom fires a Shot of Gunk into Infernape's eyes, blinding him before the follow up Mud Slap covers Infernape in soil. Infernape can't see and might have trouble gripping Ambipom. The beat up Aipom groans in pain near the tree, and you can see his nose starting to bleed.

What will you do?

arcanumghost
17th February 2009, 6:39 AM
Arcanumghost: Arriving on Cortoza Isle, you and your Trapinch happily set off to find a perfect place for a picnic, noting the grass rising from the volcanic ashes and deciding to look for water. You walk for a bit, noting the lack of a visible water source, although the scenery is getting more and more beautiful as you move further into the field, the ash mounds rising majestically from the landscape as testaments to the awesome power of nature. Ahead there seems to be an area that is completely devoid of ash, and there are pockmarks all around the perimeter of the area. Popping it's head out is a large Diglett, obviously a sentry for it's little area. On the other side of the clearing you see a Farfetch'd clearing away ash with it's twig, although the usual leek looks like it has feathers tied to it like a makeshift broom.

What will you do?

After only a few minutes of walking through the ankle deep grass, Arcanum notes two pokémon - surprisingly the first two pokémon he has seen since he started up the side of the mountain. The one on the right is a Diglett, popping its head above ground with a very serious look on its face while scanning the clearing around it. Suddenly it ducks its head underground to appear out of another hole just a few feet away during the next few seconds. It seems to be protecting the area. Glancing across the field, Arcanum notices the other pokémon is a Farfetch'd that seems to be using its leek as a make-shift broom. Arcanum thinks to himself, This is rather odd... don't Farfetch'd normally use their leeks for...., but he stops his train of thought there, finding he can't think of a good purpose for the sticks every Farfetch'd seems to carry. Instead he decides to think of this particular Farfetch'd as resourceful rather than weird, and begins thinking of the whole species of pokémon as weird for having random sticks in the first place.

However it seems even more strange that the Diglett hadn't noticed the two of them walking towards them by now, but perhaps it is less concerned with guarding its area from trainers as from a particular pokémon. Arcanum is obviously interested in the curious Diglett as he has already made up his mind about the Farfetch'd, but he liked to let Adam decide when the next course of action wasn't clear to Arcanum.

"Hey Adam, who do you think would know more about the area and could lead us to a cool place to eat?" Arcanum asks. His Trapinch isn't looking up at him though, and by the time Arcanum finishes his sentence, Adam is 10 feet closer to the Diglett and closing in at a moderate pace. "Well, it's nice to know at least my pokémon are listening to me," Arcanum mutters outloud. Perhaps it has to do with seeing another Ground pokémon, he thinks to himself as he begins following the path of disturbed vegetation and ashy plumes Adam is leaving in his wake. By the time Arcanum catches up with his Trapinch, Adam has already tried talking to the Diglett and has turned back to Arcanum to begin trying to demonstrate how the conversation went. After watching nearly a minute of his pokémon's charades, Arcanum begins to peice together an understanding of the situation....

Ytnim
17th February 2009, 8:55 AM
Ytnim: You arrive on Cortoza Isle, breathing in the volcanic air with a contented sigh, looking forward to exploring the island further. Hailing from Lavaridge, you're accustomed to a warm environment and wisely dressed as such, easily making your way to the Volcanity Inc. building without breaking a sweat. Entering the lab, you feel a blast of cool air and shiver slightly, the change in temperature catching you off guard. The door closes with a "foooowmp" behind you, leaving you to adjust your eyes to the scene in front of you. Directly ahead is a counter with a nurse behind it, apparently there for the healing needs sometimes required after a dangerous mission. To her right is a lounge area with comfy couches and knee high tables stacked with current research magazines. To the left of the nurse's counter is an electronic board displaying current errands to be completed. It looks like there are two at the moment:

WANTED: Escort to Mt. Fumi.
Acceptor must be skilled at battling and have quick reflexes on dangerous path.

WANTED: Water samples from Shale Beach, Lake Tyr, Ignatius River, Cinder Village, and Mt. Infernus Waterfall.
Applicant must be skilled at keeping samples fresh and may be required to work under pressure.

What will you do?


Minty looks at the electronic board, weighing up his two options. Collecting the water samples would let him explore various regions of the island, though the escort could be rather important, and Mt. Fumi did look enticing. The trainer figures he doesn't want to just be a glorified messenger boy, and escorting someone would mean company, aside from his pokemon for once, which was always nice. Then again, the person he was to escort could be quite an unpleasant person, one of those scientists who thought they were the smartest person going around, and being along with the water samples might be preferable. Making up his mind, the young man smiles at the nurse behind the counter to get her attention.

"Hi how are you today?" he asks cheerfully, always wanting to keep things light, "My name's Minty, I'm a trainer, and I'm here to apply for the escort job." Minty tells her, pointing to the wanted message on the board, "Who might I see about that?"

atlantis_kid99
17th February 2009, 10:28 AM
[size=3]Mt. Infernus
The second largest of Cortoza's mountains, Mt. Infernus is now extinct. Many Pokémon have made their homes within the vast network of tunnels and caverns deep within the mountain, and aren't all that accustomed to seeing people. It's become the primary breeding ground for many of the rarer Pokémon who tend to shy away from humans, and due to the protective nature of the parent Pokémon, quite a hazardous area to traverse.

Areas:
Scenic Walk: A long path comprised of slopes and stairs leading up and around the mountainside. With Mt. Infernus being an extinct volcano and Cortoza's second tallest mountain, most tourists feel more comfortable sightseeing from here. The views are spectacular, and there are several campsites manned my Cortozan natives who will provide food and shelter for weary travellers.
Mountain Peak: A sanctuary for wild Pokémon who live amidst the lush trees found upon the mountaintop. Very few trainers have the stamina to make it all the way up here, so the Pokémon who dwell in the area have thrived in this environment. Many freshwater pools dot the landscape, but beware of the fast flowing river that leads to the edge of the waterfall cascading into the river below as no safety rails have been built to keep curious trainers and Pokémon away from the long drop over the mountainside.
The Rock Pool: Deep, deep, deep, within the bowels of Mt. Infernus there is rumoured to be a secluded water-filled chamber where extremely rare and ancient Pokémon dwell. Some even say that Pokémon have mutated over the centuries to create new breeds, never before seen in the land of Fizzy Bubbles. This has never been confirmed or denied, as those who have stumbled across this chamber have never been able to defeat the Pokémon they've encountered, let alone capture them. When told to bring proof of their existence, those who have tried to return to the chamber have never been able to find it again. Who knows? If you're lucky, you may just stumble across it...

Nikki strolled peacefully up the sloping path of the Scenic Walk. Right now, she was just enjoying the view and basking in the fresh, crisp air of the higher-than-norm altitude. The views were truly breathtaking from the appropriately named Scenic Walk, but for now Nikki turned her gaze to the mountain itself. She could see a number of tourists further up ahead and also behind as one would usually expect to be present, casually trekking up the mountainside. For the moment the trainer was just content with following the slopes of the walk which would eventually lead up to the Mountain Peak, but she had come here after hearing of the stories of a watery chamber deep within the depths of Mt. Infernus, which had greatly sparked her sense of adventure; the fabled Rock Pool.

Would anyone perhaps know any infomation regarding it? Unlikely, but it was worth a shot. Nikki looked around for anyone that she was willing to ask, hoping today would be her lucky day...

Amras.MG
17th February 2009, 6:16 PM
arcanumghost: You and Adam begin to contemplate the situation of the weird Farfetch'd and its Diglett companion. Deciding that the Farfetch'd was perhaps one of the only resourceful members of its species, actually using the leek for something, you turn your attention to Diglett, wondering why it's guarding a large plot of land. Your Trapinch, Adam quickly starts to converse with the Diglett, and attempts to convey a message to you via charades. Apparently, the Farfetch'd has an agreement with the Diglett tribe to clean in their guard circle, in return for being a part of the community. It seems like the Farfetch'd was found by an elder Dugtrio, who rescued it. The Diglett explains that they need a clear area to watch for cracks in the ground - a telltale sign that their home is too deep underground, and that a cave in might happen soon. Diglett and Farfetch'd have been looking for someone to help them reinforce their underground layer near a river.

What will you do?

Ytnim: Weighing the options of the two available errands, you pause for a second at the crossroads between the two. Finally deciding on companionship, you walk up to the nurse and introduce yourself. Smiling cheerfully at you, the nurse presses a button and the escort job flashes "TAKEN" before disappearing from the board. Pressing another button, the nurse talks into a small page calling for a Dr. Hserf to come to the front for his escort. The nurse pulls out a map and starts to draw you the route you will have to take the doctor on, a loopy path running up the side of Mt. Fumi and straight up to the Peak. The doctor seemingly materializes out of thin air next to you, no doubt part of the high tech security system, and quickly packs up his small backpack, attaching one Pokeball to the strap and shouldering it. Dr. Hserf is a tall, sinewy man with deep eyes and scars crisscrossing his face and arms. Looking to be about 30 years old, he appears to be the type of person who doesn't speak much but is nevertheless profoundly wise. Shaking your hand firmly, Dr. Hserf introduces himself to you formally and tells you that he has been told to go to the Peak of Mt. Fumi to plant sensors that monitor volcanic activity. He notes that he would like to stop by Terraki Village to speak with the council there about needing to trespass on their land.

"We need to be at the top of the volcanoe in three days, and we must be off the peak by the end of the fourth day. The natives have a ceremony they are doing, and we are forbidden to be on their land at that time."

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99: The gentle sloping path of the Scenic Walk curves slightly upwards, letting you enjoy both the scenery and clean air without feeling exhausted from a tough climb. Noting the number of tourists, you quickly recall why you decided to come to Mt. Infernus: the legend of the Rock Pool. Looking around for anyone who might know anything about it, you find yourself disappointed due to the lack of any knowledgeable tourists. Taking a short break, trying not to let the lack of progress get to you, you notice a Growlithe sitting on the opposite side of the path, staring directly at you. Suddenly, a Golem tumbles down from above you, Rollouting between tourists and slamming into the Growlite, knocking the puppy off the edge. Golem roars at Growlithe and jumps after it, sliding rocks as Growlithe lets off a massive Flamethrower that you can see even on the other side of the path. It doesn't look like anyone else saw the Golem or Growlithe, which is odd considering the Golem almost trampled a few people... The Growlithe and Golem are falling, trading blows, but it looks like there is a small body of water down there...

What will you do?

Ytnim
17th February 2009, 11:45 PM
Ytnim: Weighing the options of the two available errands, you pause for a second at the crossroads between the two. Finally deciding on companionship, you walk up to the nurse and introduce yourself. Smiling cheerfully at you, the nurse presses a button and the escort job flashes "TAKEN" before disappearing from the board. Pressing another button, the nurse talks into a small page calling for a Dr. Hserf to come to the front for his escort. The nurse pulls out a map and starts to draw you the route you will have to take the doctor on, a loopy path running up the side of Mt. Fumi and straight up to the Peak. The doctor seemingly materializes out of thin air next to you, no doubt part of the high tech security system, and quickly packs up his small backpack, attaching one Pokeball to the strap and shouldering it. Dr. Hserf is a tall, sinewy man with deep eyes and scars crisscrossing his face and arms. Looking to be about 30 years old, he appears to be the type of person who doesn't speak much but is nevertheless profoundly wise. Shaking your hand firmly, Dr. Hserf introduces himself to you formally and tells you that he has been told to go to the Peak of Mt. Fumi to plant sensors that monitor volcanic activity. He notes that he would like to stop by Terraki Village to speak with the council there about needing to trespass on their land.

"We need to be at the top of the volcanoe in three days, and we must be off the peak by the end of the fourth day. The natives have a ceremony they are doing, and we are forbidden to be on their land at that time."

What will you do?


"Sounds like a challenge," Minty replies eagerly, rubbing his hands together in earnest, "We'll need to be fast up the mountain, especially since we need to stop into a village first, Terraki village you said?" Minty asks, since he's new to the area. The young trainer pulls out the map handed to him by the nurse with the path on it, and searches for a Terraki village on his map near Mt. Fumi. When he finds it, he puts his finger on it, looking at the good doctor.

"Well I suppose it's lucky for you I hail from Lavaridge town, it sits right next to Mt. Chimney in Hoenn, so I've been climbing up and down mountains most of my life." Minty pauses, letting that sink in first, "Plus my pokemon are well trained and eager to help anyone, so while this won't be a walk in the park, it shouldn't be too much trouble either." Minty explains to Dr. Hserf, obviously confident in his and his pokemon's abilities to complete this escort in time with little to no trouble.

"We should get going now I think, since time is of the essence." Minty tells the doctor, motioning for him to leave the research lab first.

OOC: Nice name for the doctor ;p

Psychopath
18th February 2009, 4:48 AM
psychopath: You walk into the alley and implusively ask her what's wrong, thoughts of your own little sister filling your head. Realizing quickly that she might be able to help you get to the Rock Pool, you kneel down next to her, waiting for her reply. The girl's deep brown eyes probe yours as she gauges your trustworthiness. Getting a reassuring nod from her Bonsly, the girl takes a deep breath and begins speaking a thousand words a minute. "Thetouristshaveangeredthepokemononthetopofthemount ainandmyunclehadtogokeepthemawaywithhissteelixsomy dadcouldtrytocalmthepokemonbuthe'sbeengoneforacoup leofdaysnowandI'mgettingworrywhatshouldIdo?" Sweatdropping, you quickly decipher her words as: "The tourists have angered the Pokemon on the top of the mountain and my uncle had to go keep them away with his Steelix so my dad could try to calm the Pokemon but he's been gone for a couple of days now and I'm getting worried, what should I do?" It seems like the girl's father is missing, and now we know that she's related to the guy with the Steelix.

"If you help me find my daddy, I can get us to the Rock Pool." she says, a quiet determination shining in her eyes.

What will you do?

He listened to the girl, and thought it would be in his best interest to help her. The three huddled up as to see if they should help, and he began to ask for their opinions. He looked at his turtle pokemon for his opinion, Valor just shrugged, his blue cap and wristband looking as fresh as ever, he turned it back so it faced away from him, his favorite position, then nodded. He looked at Mortimer, who couldn't shrug, or move anything other than his head for that matter. {I don't think you should tke advantage of the little girl's problem like this, but if it will get us to the rock pool...} "Then its agreed, we'll help her." Both pokemon turmed towards her, and he began speaking "We'll help, I couldn't let a fellow anti-tourist down. He then walked in the direction of the old man. "Aren't you coming?"

Amras.MG
19th February 2009, 4:35 AM
Ytnim: Basking in the glory of a challenge, you quickly establish where you need to go. Assuring Dr. Hserf that you'll be a good fit for this mission, you follow the doctor out of the lab, noting the quick pace he immediately set. Briskly walking along the route to Terraki Village, the doctor explains that he grew up on the island, and that he actually hails from Terraki Village. Surprised that a native managed to do so well on standardized tests, Dr. Hserf was accepted in Volcuniversity on a full scholarship, where he received his degree in Experimental Volcanology. Breathing in deeply, Dr. Hserf mentions that he chose to come back to the island to increase the quality of life for all the people on the island, in particular the natives to whom he owed his childhood. Apparently there is some sort of class difference between the natives and Volcanity, and Dr. Hserf is hoping to be the bridge for that gap...

A giant steel needle flies at the doctor, who pushes you out of the way and does a quick roll, obviously well trained in the reflexive arts. The doctor stare inquiringly into the distance and spots the perpetrator: a Skarmory. The metal bird Screeches loudly and swoops down at the Professor, who looks at you quickly, signing out that he is defenseless...

What will you do?

psychopath: You consider the girl's offer, and upon council with your Pokemon, decide that you would like to join her. Walking in the direction of the old man, you smile as the girl gets up and hugs her Bonsly to her as she walks towards you. Getting to the edge of the small village, near where you were before, you notice that whereas the tourists were everywhere before, there is a disturbing lack of them right now... And then you understand.

A group tourists are blocking the exit to the Village, angrily looking at you and making punching motions. In front of them are a Mothim and a Gloom, and the tourists are definitely hostile. "You! Why do you associate with the subhuman? They have no right to this island, and are an obsolete race better off dead! Help us burn the village... or we will kill you." It looks like they plan to do so with their Pokemon, and their eyes are burning with undeserved hatred...

What will you do?

Ytnim
19th February 2009, 6:20 AM
Ytnim: Basking in the glory of a challenge, you quickly establish where you need to go. Assuring Dr. Hserf that you'll be a good fit for this mission, you follow the doctor out of the lab, noting the quick pace he immediately set. Briskly walking along the route to Terraki Village, the doctor explains that he grew up on the island, and that he actually hails from Terraki Village. Surprised that a native managed to do so well on standardized tests, Dr. Hserf was accepted in Volcuniversity on a full scholarship, where he received his degree in Experimental Volcanology. Breathing in deeply, Dr. Hserf mentions that he chose to come back to the island to increase the quality of life for all the people on the island, in particular the natives to whom he owed his childhood. Apparently there is some sort of class difference between the natives and Volcanity, and Dr. Hserf is hoping to be the bridge for that gap...

A giant steel needle flies at the doctor, who pushes you out of the way and does a quick roll, obviously well trained in the reflexive arts. The doctor stare inquiringly into the distance and spots the perpetrator: a Skarmory. The metal bird Screeches loudly and swoops down at the Professor, who looks at you quickly, signing out that he is defenseless...

What will you do?


Minty listens intently as he and the doctor make their way to, as Minty finds out, Dr. Hserf's childhood home. He is rather intrigued with his story, the man must have overcome a decent amount of hardship to pass through the tests and loopholes to be respected by both his native brothers and the scientific community. Minty truly thought the world would be a better place if more people had the resolve of Dr. Hserf to follow their dreams in life.

Suddenly being pushed by his escortee, the pokemon trainer rolls to the ground, finishing in a low crouch, making himself as small a target as possible. Looking to the skies from whence the attack came from, the young man spots the iron-clad Skarmory just moments after the doctor. As the bird pokemon swoops at the man Minty has been hired to protect, he knows he has to act fast.

Grabbing a pokeball from the top of his shorts and enlarging it into his hand in the same motion, Minty throws it forward, just in front of the doctor. From the red energy it contains within forms a four-legged pokemon with blue fur and a sharp yellow mane, and an overall sharp appearance. It crackles with electric energy as it bares down the incoming Skarmory.

"Blitz, Quick Attack that Skarmory to keep it from harming Dr. Hserf!" Minty orders his Manectric in a confident tone as he rises to his feet, his body beginning to buzz as it did in nearly every pokemon battle he was involved in, the feeling was exhilarating.

"Ok Blitz, we need to cripple this bird, so take it down a peg or two with a Thunder Wave, then try and hit it with a Spark!" Minty continued, knowing that time was of the essence, and this battle needed to be ended quickly so they might complete their job on time.

fishyfool
19th February 2009, 2:33 PM
fishyfool: Sending out Mudkip, you quickly ask him to douse the possible fire, and sigh with relief as he does so, jumping out of the way of the way as Infernape jumps up into the tree next to Ambipom, dodging a Doubleslap and hitting Ambipom hard with a Thunderpunch. Ambipom shrieks in pain as his chest starts smoldering from burnt hair and quickly Slams Infernape in the chest, sending both the monkeys falling to the ground. Infernape roars and starts to whoop Ambipom with Close Combat, but is interrupted as Ambipom fires a Shot of Gunk into Infernape's eyes, blinding him before the follow up Mud Slap covers Infernape in soil. Infernape can't see and might have trouble gripping Ambipom. The beat up Aipom groans in pain near the tree, and you can see his nose starting to bleed.

What will you do?

As the battle of the apes raged on, with Ambipom irritably having the upper hand in terms of agility, Jamie gave a thankful sigh that the smouldering tree had stopped smouldering, and that the enemy chimp had been smacked with the Thunderpunch, before rising curiosity came around from the monkey knowing the egg move Slam to send him and Volcape to the floor. As the irked Infernape started on the ape, it used the tutor move Gunk Shot, which Jamie knew couldn't have came from a wild Ambipom. Noticing the pained Aipom, Jamie frowned and racked his brain to think of something Volcape can do to remove the sludge from him without Ambipom causing any trouble to him, and drew a blank. As he looked at Wraith, however, an idea caught in his head of a move or two the Mudkip had learned recently.

"Wraith, give that monkey a good zapping with thunder wave to paralyze him long enough for Volcape to get that crap out his eyes. Should the monkey turn to attack you, superpower him back into a tree."

With a nod, the Mudkip prepared to strike, while Jamie called out to his starter.

"Volcape, wipe that crap off your eyes and then nail Ambipom with flare blitz before giving him some chill with ice beam."

With the orders given, Jamie turned towards the injured Aipom with a small handkerchief to clean the little monkey up, wondering why the Ambipom had moves that trainer's pokemon usually have...

Amras.MG
20th February 2009, 12:20 AM
Ytnim: Choosing a Pokeball and summoning your Manectric, you quickly formulate a plan to protect the doctor, and set it in action. Blitz keeps his eyes on the Skarmory and Quickly runs up to Attack it, colliding head on with the bird and landing back on the ground in attack position as Skarmory soars around for another pass. Feeling your body buzz with exhilaration, you order Manectric to use a Thunder Wave, and a thousand tiny electrical tendrils extend from Blitz, wrapping around the Skarmory and pinning it's wings. As Skarmory falls to the ground, Blitz quickly dashes towards it and smashes into it with a Spark, causing the steel bird to screech out in pain again. Skarmory quickly retaliates by Slashing Air at Manectric, giving it some room to move before it strikes with a Brave Bird. It looks like this Skarmory is highly trained. Looking over at the Professor, you notice he has a look of complete concentration on his face, studying the Skarmory...

What will you do?

fishyfool: You frown and try to think of possible explanations as you see Ambipom using egg and tutor moves, and suddenly get an idea of how to clean out Volcape's eyes and keep him from taking damage at the same time. Ordering Mudkip to hold Ambipom in a Thunder Wave, you watch as Infernape wipes out his eyes freely. Struggling with the electrical tendrils, the Ambipom quickly uses his second tail to Slap Mud at Mudkip, interrupting the Thunder Wave and giving it time to Agility out of the way, jumping straight above Infernape as the monkey sails past him with a Flare Blitz. Eyes growing wide, Mudkip is hit hard with the fire attack, and flies into a tree next to the hurt Aipom, clearly hurting quite a bit. Eyes flashing anger, Volcape fires an Ice Beam at the Ambipom, freezing one of the hand tails. Walking over to the small Aipom, you start to clean him up, and notice a large gash on its cheek.

What will you do?

Psychopath
20th February 2009, 12:53 AM
psychopath: You consider the girl's offer, and upon council with your Pokemon, decide that you would like to join her. Walking in the direction of the old man, you smile as the girl gets up and hugs her Bonsly to her as she walks towards you. Getting to the edge of the small village, near where you were before, you notice that whereas the tourists were everywhere before, there is a disturbing lack of them right now... And then you understand.

A group tourists are blocking the exit to the Village, angrily looking at you and making punching motions. In front of them are a Mothim and a Gloom, and the tourists are definitely hostile. "You! Why do you associate with the subhuman? They have no right to this island, and are an obsolete race better off dead! Help us burn the village... or we will kill you." It looks like they plan to do so with their Pokemon, and their eyes are burning with undeserved hatred...

What will you do?

Tyson looked at the tourists in rage. How could they call the little girl that?! It was so unfair! She was only a little child, and they were calling her subhuman. She was a native of the island and they said she couldn't live in it? That made no sense! He furiously began to yell at the stupid tourists.

"Look, this girl has every right to live in this island that you have, It is unfair how you are treating the nice people in this village like this! What gives you the right to burn this place anyway? You are all tourists, what makes you think makes you better than them? They take pride in their accomplishments while you go around and destroy others' work. There's only one way to describe people like you: Scum. Ignorant scum that doesn't deserve all the things they get. However you deserve the following. "Mortimer, Valor Attack positions!" The two pokemon jumped in front and prepared to attack, Mortimers eyes going from cheery to angry and Valor turning his hat sideways. "Mortimer, aim at the Gloom with the most Onimous Wind You can come up with. Follow it up with a Shadow Sneak, and end it by paying it back for any damage it might give you. Valor, bring in the rain clouds to make it rain with a dance. After that cool them off Blizzard by freezing the rain. End it with Water Pulse on the Mothim. Now!" He had been rude to his pokemon, but he was so f*cking p*ssed off by the tourists.

Ytnim
20th February 2009, 1:42 AM
Ytnim: Choosing a Pokeball and summoning your Manectric, you quickly formulate a plan to protect the doctor, and set it in action. Blitz keeps his eyes on the Skarmory and Quickly runs up to Attack it, colliding head on with the bird and landing back on the ground in attack position as Skarmory soars around for another pass. Feeling your body buzz with exhilaration, you order Manectric to use a Thunder Wave, and a thousand tiny electrical tendrils extend from Blitz, wrapping around the Skarmory and pinning it's wings. As Skarmory falls to the ground, Blitz quickly dashes towards it and smashes into it with a Spark, causing the steel bird to screech out in pain again. Skarmory quickly retaliates by Slashing Air at Manectric, giving it some room to move before it strikes with a Brave Bird. It looks like this Skarmory is highly trained. Looking over at the Professor, you notice he has a look of complete concentration on his face, studying the Skarmory...

What will you do?


"Looks like this is one tough bird, even for a Skarmory, we'll have to keep on our toes in this one Blitz!" Minty warns his faithful electric type, though he was sure he already knew that this was going to be a tough fight.

Stealing a glance at Dr. Hserf, Minty sees his intense look at the armoured bird, it was a little odd, since his field wasn't pokemon, but he puts these thoughts away, he was a doctor after all, he probably just had a large supply of natural curiosity, useful for researching in any field. He didn't seem to be in any immediate danger now the pokemon was focused on Blitz, and that was his job, and so he must be doing it at least somewhat effectively.

Back in the battle, Minty keeps on the offensive. "Ok Blitz, keep concentrating on that Thunder Wave, don't want to give this bird too much leeway! Get in there with another Spark, and then follow that up with a Fire Fang, see how it's armour matches up to that!" Minty commands his pokemon with confidence and flair, seemingly pre-requisites to be a good pokemon trainer.

Amras.MG
20th February 2009, 2:52 AM
psychopath: Raging inwardly at the mistreatment of the little girl by the tourists, you start to curse their name. Getting ready to take their challenge and attack them, you notice that silent tears are running down the girl's face, though she looks strong beyond her years. Mortimer and Valor move into attack positions, Mortimer quickly summoning an Ominous Wind and smashing it into the Gloom, making it do a midair flip before it lands on its feet, rarin to go. Following up with a Shadow Sneak, Mortimer disappears and prepares to hit Gloom from behind, but as he reappears he is sent tumbling away as Mothim uses a Gust. Valor immediately begins Dancing for Rain, smiling slightly as it starts to drizzle. Leaping forward, he fires off a massive Blizzard at Gloom and Mothim. However, the Blizzard encounters a large dome of pulsing white energy, Safeguarding Gloom and Mothim from the damage. Mothim gasps for air as the dome disappears, apparently having spent a lot of energy summoning it up. Mortimer floats back over and exacts his Payback, striking Mothim for good damage. As Valor begins to charge up an orb of water in front of him for the Water Pulse, Gloom quickly whips out a Petal Dance that strikes the Water type for a ton of damage, disrupting his concentration and melting the Water Pulse before it can form (it dissolved).

What will you do?

Ytnim: Warning Manectric to stay vigilant and alert, you quickly order it to keep up with the electric attacks, and suggest adding a fire attack into the mix. Looking over at the doctor, you are surprised by his concentration, but are glad he's not in immediate danger at the moment. Blitz quickly flares up his Thunder Wave tendrils again, but as they are reaching towards Skarmory, the metal bird blows them away with a Twister, and rushes in at Manectric again, Wings shining with Steel energy. Manectric quickly starts to Spark with electricity, and rushes at the Skarmory. Doctor Hserf suddenly yells out to Blitz to attack Skarmory's left wing, and the Manectric does so, the electricity magnetizing the steel plates in Skarmory's wing and crippling it. Skarmory swerves to the side with a Screech and crashes into a rock, shocked at the loss of movement in its wing. Manectric closes in with a Fire Fang, but find himself unable to get to Skarmory through a wall... of fire? Standing next to Skarmory is a Rapidash, using Fire Spin to protect it as Skarmory attempts to demagnetize its wing.

What will you do?

Psychopath
20th February 2009, 5:12 AM
psychopath: Raging inwardly at the mistreatment of the little girl by the tourists, you start to curse their name. Getting ready to take their challenge and attack them, you notice that silent tears are running down the girl's face, though she looks strong beyond her years. Mortimer and Valor move into attack positions, Mortimer quickly summoning an Ominous Wind and smashing it into the Gloom, making it do a midair flip before it lands on its feet, rarin to go. Following up with a Shadow Sneak, Mortimer disappears and prepares to hit Gloom from behind, but as he reappears he is sent tumbling away as Mothim uses a Gust. Valor immediately begins Dancing for Rain, smiling slightly as it starts to drizzle. Leaping forward, he fires off a massive Blizzard at Gloom and Mothim. However, the Blizzard encounters a large dome of pulsing white energy, Safeguarding Gloom and Mothim from the damage. Mothim gasps for air as the dome disappears, apparently having spent a lot of energy summoning it up. Mortimer floats back over and exacts his Payback, striking Mothim for good damage. As Valor begins to charge up an orb of water in front of him for the Water Pulse, Gloom quickly whips out a Petal Dance that strikes the Water type for a ton of damage, disrupting his concentration and melting the Water Pulse before it can form (it dissolved).

What will you do?

He looked at the girl cried and tried to reasure her, "Look, I have full trust in Valor and Mortimer, you shouldn't cry at what these people are saying. They call you scum but they are Tourists. Angry, ignorant, rude tourists, tourist who would leave if they were outshined by those who they think are inferior. Just sayin." He looked at the battlefield and realised he needed a new strategy as brute force was not going to get him anywhere. He knew that a strategy was nessesary, one was always nessesary. He looked at Valor and Mortimer, and then at the opponents. His pokemon had some similar moves that they could combine to overpower the enemy, but first they needed to get rid of the Gloom first as it held a type advantage over Valor. "You guys aim all the following attacks towards the Gloom, Cool the place down with some Icy wind, Mortimer, and while he does that I want you,"He looked at Valor, "To chill the place down even more with a blizzard." He considered what had happened last time and decided on something. "Before you do that though, I want to see that they don't safeguard themselves again, Mortimer, use a sucker punch on the Mothim to have it damaged and distracted to keep it from defending. After you finish that I want you to use Fatal Attraction on the Gloom, if it is female we can get it out of the way, if not, well then lets hope its not straight." Valor looked up to Tyson for more orders, "No more for you, concentrate all your power on the blizzard."

Ytnim
20th February 2009, 5:14 AM
Ytnim: Warning Manectric to stay vigilant and alert, you quickly order it to keep up with the electric attacks, and suggest adding a fire attack into the mix. Looking over at the doctor, you are surprised by his concentration, but are glad he's not in immediate danger at the moment. Blitz quickly flares up his Thunder Wave tendrils again, but as they are reaching towards Skarmory, the metal bird blows them away with a Twister, and rushes in at Manectric again, Wings shining with Steel energy. Manectric quickly starts to Spark with electricity, and rushes at the Skarmory. Doctor Hserf suddenly yells out to Blitz to attack Skarmory's left wing, and the Manectric does so, the electricity magnetizing the steel plates in Skarmory's wing and crippling it. Skarmory swerves to the side with a Screech and crashes into a rock, shocked at the loss of movement in its wing. Manectric closes in with a Fire Fang, but find himself unable to get to Skarmory through a wall... of fire? Standing next to Skarmory is a Rapidash, using Fire Spin to protect it as Skarmory attempts to demagnetize its wing.

What will you do?

"What the..." Minty says, trailing off, genuinely shocked at this turn of events. He wasn't sure what was more surprising, that fact that the doctor seemed to have an indepth knowledge of pokemon himself, perhaps more knowledgeable that Minty's own experience, or that these two pokemon species were helping each other out. Such occurrences weren't unheard of, Minty had even encountered it himself, but usually the pokemon were related in some way and had a common goal, but a Skarmory and Rapidash were two very different independent pokemon, and there didn't seem to be a common goal. This wasn't any ordinary escort job, and Minty felt Dr. Hserf might know more than he was letting on.

This however was an aside for the moment, since the battle was still ongoing, and for all Blitz's power and brains, he was still outnumbered. Minty needed to even it up. Grabbing another pokeball from his shorts, he throws it forward, releasing the new pokemon next to his already active Manectric. The pokemon formed was a mostly blue, mostly round pokemon standing on two legs, it's arms also seeming to end in white gloves. It's white belly sports a black spiral, which if you stare at, seems to move ever so slightly. The Poliwhirl seems to be grinning devilishly, giving a wink to Blitz as he materialises.

"Ok you two, you're going to need to work together for this one, save your pranks for after Tonic!" Minty tells his pokemon, knowing the pair have a history of annoying each other to no end.

"Tonic," the trainer addresses his Poliwhirl, "We need that fire out so Blitz can finish off that Skarmory before it can fix it's wing! See if you can get a little rain down here with a Rain Dance! After that, go after that Rapidash, get a fix on it's movements with Mind Reader then hammer it with a Hydro Pump!" Minty orders Tonic, hoping to make full use of the type advantage he has at the moment.

"Blitz, let's show these two that they're no match for yourself and Tonic with a little confidence by giving your loudest Howl, they won't stand a chance against you two! While we see if we can get to Skarmory, help out Tonic when he uses his Hydro Pump by giving it a little Spark, that should make it pack a bit more of a punch!" Minty hopes his strategy will work, it seemed good in theory anyway.

fishyfool
20th February 2009, 3:03 PM
fishyfool: You frown and try to think of possible explanations as you see Ambipom using egg and tutor moves, and suddenly get an idea of how to clean out Volcape's eyes and keep him from taking damage at the same time. Ordering Mudkip to hold Ambipom in a Thunder Wave, you watch as Infernape wipes out his eyes freely. Struggling with the electrical tendrils, the Ambipom quickly uses his second tail to Slap Mud at Mudkip, interrupting the Thunder Wave and giving it time to Agility out of the way, jumping straight above Infernape as the monkey sails past him with a Flare Blitz. Eyes growing wide, Mudkip is hit hard with the fire attack, and flies into a tree next to the hurt Aipom, clearly hurting quite a bit. Eyes flashing anger, Volcape fires an Ice Beam at the Ambipom, freezing one of the hand tails. Walking over to the small Aipom, you start to clean him up, and notice a large gash on its cheek.

What will you do?

With the battle raging on, Jamie gave a small smirk as Wraith's Thunder Wave took effect on the enemy ape as Volcape wiped the mud from his eyes before things took a turn for the worse as the chimp struck the Mudkip with mud before hopping over Volcape, who couldn't stop before barreling straight into the poor mud fish with Flare Blitz and smacking him proper. Growling with frustration, Volcape then proceeded to freeze the ape's tail with his ice bea, while Jamie tended to the injured Aipom, wincing slightly at the cracks where Wraith slammed against the tree. As the Mudkip quivered in pain, Jamie noted that said level difference between Volcape and Wraith meant that the smaller pokemon was lucky he resisted the fire move as it would have certainly knocked him out in one fell swoop if he hadn't.

"Damn it. Volcape, it's clear this ape is taking the piss, so taunt him for being so cowardly in his battle approach before trying another blaze kick. If it connects, follow up immediately with a close combat, trying to pin him to a tree if you can."

As Volcape cracked his knuckles and gnashed his teeth in fury, Jamie thought about the situation and realised that it may come down to trying to get the little one to safety even if it meant abandoning the battle, something he'd hate to do. Clearly this Ambipom was being a worthy foe, if an annoying one...

Amras.MG
20th February 2009, 5:50 PM
psychopath: Reassuring the girl that the tourists are just giant jerks, you start to formulate a new strategy to take down the two opposing Pokemon, and decide to focus on the Gloom. Ordering your attacks towards Gloom, Mortimer immediately begins to spray an Icy Wind at Gloom, who immediately begins to shiver. Taking advantage of this, Valor immediately begins to fire a Blizzard at Gloom,, taking advantage the wet conditions to strengthen its attack. Mothim quickly whips up a vicious Twister in front of the two, which merely lessens the impact of the Blizzard as it plows into Gloom, sending it flying through the air. Mortimer immediately uses Sucker Punch on Mothim, hitting it hard. However, the Mothim quickly retaliates with a wave of Psychic energy, causing a lot of pain to the ghost, and making it forget to use Fatal Attraction. Valor's ice energy abruptly shorts out as Gloom starts to Giga Drain it, forcing Valor onto the ground in submission.

What will you do?

Ytnim: Shocked by Dr. Hserf's knowledge and the Rapidash and Skarmory helping each other out, you quickly come to the conclusion that Dr. Hserf must know more than he's letting on. Yanking your Poliwhirl's Pokeball out, you quickly summon the tadpoleishnotreally Pokemon. Having evened up the odds some, you tell Tonic and Blitz to work together and save the annoyances for later. Ordering Tonic to summon the rain with a Rain Dance, you also order Manectric to Howl its confidence out. Tonic and Blitz jump into action, Tonic sending a small blue sphere into the sky which starts to create a drizzle, and Blitz Howling at the top of his lungs. As the rain starts to pour down more, you see the Rapidash pull down the Fire Spin and send a Wave of Heat racing towards yourself and the doctor, evaporating the water as it races across the ground. Poliwhirl quickly jumps in and sprays a Hydro Pump at Rapidash, abandoning his Mind Reader in order to save you. Manectric quickly adds some of his electricity to the water with a Spark, and the combination plows into Rapidash, who skids a little before looking at you defiantly. Skarmory Screeches again as it's fixing its wing, and unleasehes a Hyper Beam that hits Tonic square in the face. The rain pours down, but it looks like Rapidash is using a Flame Wheel to evaporate the water before it hits its open flame...

What will you do?

fishyfool: Annoyed that the Ambipom was running circles around your Infernape and Mudkip, you are nevertheless relieved that Mudkip did not faint from the Flare Blitz attack. Ordering Volcape to Taunt the monkey, the Infernape does so, quickly Taunting Ambipom for being a cowardly, and telling him to "get some". Ambipom Screeches and swings off the limb it's on, Slamming into Infernape again, although this time Infernape is ready. Taking advantage of the slight speed reduction from Ambipom's frozen handtail, Volcape quickly Kicks Ambipom with a Blazing foot, flinging the Ambipom into a nearby tree. Volcape follows up by engaging Ambipom in Close Combat, hitting the monkey really hard and dealing loads of damage, although he also breaks the ice. Breathing in deeply, Ambipom blasts Infernape with a beam of Secret Power, giving it space to whip both tails at him in a Double Thunderpunch. Volcape roars in agony as the electric courses through his system, and glares at Ambipom...

What will you do?

Psychopath
21st February 2009, 1:28 AM
psychopath: Reassuring the girl that the tourists are just giant jerks, you start to formulate a new strategy to take down the two opposing Pokemon, and decide to focus on the Gloom. Ordering your attacks towards Gloom, Mortimer immediately begins to spray an Icy Wind at Gloom, who immediately begins to shiver. Taking advantage of this, Valor immediately begins to fire a Blizzard at Gloom,, taking advantage the wet conditions to strengthen its attack. Mothim quickly whips up a vicious Twister in front of the two, which merely lessens the impact of the Blizzard as it plows into Gloom, sending it flying through the air. Mortimer immediately uses Sucker Punch on Mothim, hitting it hard. However, the Mothim quickly retaliates with a wave of Psychic energy, causing a lot of pain to the ghost, and making it forget to use Fatal Attraction. Valor's ice energy abruptly shorts out as Gloom starts to Giga Drain it, forcing Valor onto the ground in submission.

What will you do?

He watched as his pokemon fell to the ground in shock. Valor had never seen combat like this before, and for it to do damage to him like this hurt Tyson. He was hurt by what he saw and looked at the little girl "you think that Bonsly of yours would fare well in a match like this?"

He turned to Mortimer, who was looking to be better in the match healthwise. "Do an Icy Wind then follow it up with Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punching the Gloom." He yelled at Valor, "Your doing welll, and although you are ijn pain, you'll do better." He thought of moves that Valor could pull off, "Use aqua ring to heal yourself a bit, then use a water pulse to comfuse Mothim, then follow it up with a brine."

Amras.MG
21st February 2009, 10:39 PM
I will be doing reposts tomorrow.

psychopath: Shocked by the power of the tourist's Pokemon, you ask the girl if she could help battle with her Bonsly. Looking at you with wide eyes, the girl can barely make out a "what?". She explains that Bonsly has never battled before... in fact, she doesn't even know if it has any attacks. Bonsly, however, has other ideas as it starts to glow purple, Copycatting the Psychic used before. Bonsly cries out as a wave of Psychic energy ripples out of its tiny body, flinging Gloom back into its trainer. As Gloom collides with its trainer, the small girl yells out, rushing to catch her Bonsly which has just fainted from using Psychic as its first ever attack. You catch sight of an odd marking on the tourists arm as Gloom rips his shirt, a weird tattoo of a meteorite colliding with the earth.

Turning back to Valor and Mortimer, you quickly order Mortimer to use an Icy Wind, and Mortimer does so, buying himself some time to set up a Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch combo while Valor creates a small halo of water around himself, using Aqua Ring to heal. Mortimer catches up to Gloom and hits it hard with the Sucker Punch, keeping Gloom on the defensive, who spits Acid at Mortimer too try and give it some space. Mothim attempts to use another Psychic, but is interrupted by a Water Pulse smashing into it. As Mothim flies back, his Psychic attack goes awry and hits Gloom, causing massive damage. Gloom unsteadily gets back to its feet, although it looks like it could faint with another few attacks. Mothim uses another Twister to blow away the Brine coming towards him, although the winds cause his trainer shirt to lift up, revealing an identical tattoo...

What will you do?

fishyfool
22nd February 2009, 10:19 PM
fishyfool: Annoyed that the Ambipom was running circles around your Infernape and Mudkip, you are nevertheless relieved that Mudkip did not faint from the Flare Blitz attack. Ordering Volcape to Taunt the monkey, the Infernape does so, quickly Taunting Ambipom for being a cowardly, and telling him to "get some". Ambipom Screeches and swings off the limb it's on, Slamming into Infernape again, although this time Infernape is ready. Taking advantage of the slight speed reduction from Ambipom's frozen handtail, Volcape quickly Kicks Ambipom with a Blazing foot, flinging the Ambipom into a nearby tree. Volcape follows up by engaging Ambipom in Close Combat, hitting the monkey really hard and dealing loads of damage, although he also breaks the ice. Breathing in deeply, Ambipom blasts Infernape with a beam of Secret Power, giving it space to whip both tails at him in a Double Thunderpunch. Volcape roars in agony as the electric courses through his system, and glares at Ambipom...

What will you do?

Jamie was becoming rather impatient. Already this monkey was making a monkey out of his monkey, who seemed to be glaring angrily at the opposing Ambipom, and again valuable time was being wasted fighting rather than relaxing. As it were, however, Wraith had regained his grounds and was looking at the injured Aipom, as Volcape gave a loud roar from the force of the thunderpunches he took, and at this time Jamie's patience was about to snap when he decided that it would be foolish to do so. Running his mind through what the opposing monkey knew, Jamie wondered just what sort of beating it would take to eliminate the opposing Ambipom and get the smaller chimp to relative safety. Thinking deeply, Jamie took note that the best way would be to try and strike it while the foe was distracted or scared.

"Volcape, leer at Ambipom and try and give him a shock, and then deliver your own countering thunderpunch into his face. While he's disoriented, fire off a fury swipes to fluster him up a good bit."

With a nod, Volcape prepared to get down and dirty with the enemy ape while Jamie looked over towards the direction of civilisation. If he could only get rid of Ambipom, he could get the Aipom to proper help rather than being left alone by this bigger bully...

Amras.MG
22nd February 2009, 11:26 PM
fishyfool: Becoming increasingly impatient with Ambipom, you realize that you need to put Ambipom back on the defensive before both yours and Infernape's patience snap. Deciding to strike through distraction and fear, you order Volcape to Leer at Ambipom, with a follow-up Thunderpunch. Volcape Leers at Ambipom, though the monkey just laughs at him, obviously amused. Infernape decides to take advantage of Ambipom's momentary phase in concentration and an electrically charged Thunderpunch connects with Ambipom, who screams in pain. Trapped between a fist and a tree, Ambipom is helpless as a thousand volts of electricity course through his veins. Smoke sizzles from Ambipom as its muscles spazz weakly, and Volcape quickly follows up with a series of Furious Swipes. Ambipom groans but manages to push Volcape back with another Gunk Shot. It looks like another hit or two will knock Ambipom out, although it also looks like its attempting to climb back into a tree for height advantage.

What will you do?

[Reposts]
psychopath: Shocked by the power of the tourist's Pokemon, you ask the girl if she could help battle with her Bonsly. Looking at you with wide eyes, the girl can barely make out a "what?". She explains that Bonsly has never battled before... in fact, she doesn't even know if it has any attacks. Bonsly, however, has other ideas as it starts to glow purple, Copycatting the Psychic used before. Bonsly cries out as a wave of Psychic energy ripples out of its tiny body, flinging Gloom back into its trainer. As Gloom collides with its trainer, the small girl yells out, rushing to catch her Bonsly which has just fainted from using Psychic as its first ever attack. You catch sight of an odd marking on the tourists arm as Gloom rips his shirt, a weird tattoo of a meteorite colliding with the earth.

Turning back to Valor and Mortimer, you quickly order Mortimer to use an Icy Wind, and Mortimer does so, buying himself some time to set up a Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch combo while Valor creates a small halo of water around himself, using Aqua Ring to heal. Mortimer catches up to Gloom and hits it hard with the Sucker Punch, keeping Gloom on the defensive, who spits Acid at Mortimer too try and give it some space. Mothim attempts to use another Psychic, but is interrupted by a Water Pulse smashing into it. As Mothim flies back, his Psychic attack goes awry and hits Gloom, causing massive damage. Gloom unsteadily gets back to its feet, although it looks like it could faint with another few attacks. Mothim uses another Twister to blow away the Brine coming towards him, although the winds cause his trainer shirt to lift up, revealing an identical tattoo...

What will you do?

Ytnim: Shocked by Dr. Hserf's knowledge and the Rapidash and Skarmory helping each other out, you quickly come to the conclusion that Dr. Hserf must know more than he's letting on. Yanking your Poliwhirl's Pokeball out, you quickly summon the tadpoleishnotreally Pokemon. Having evened up the odds some, you tell Tonic and Blitz to work together and save the annoyances for later. Ordering Tonic to summon the rain with a Rain Dance, you also order Manectric to Howl its confidence out. Tonic and Blitz jump into action, Tonic sending a small blue sphere into the sky which starts to create a drizzle, and Blitz Howling at the top of his lungs. As the rain starts to pour down more, you see the Rapidash pull down the Fire Spin and send a Wave of Heat racing towards yourself and the doctor, evaporating the water as it races across the ground. Poliwhirl quickly jumps in and sprays a Hydro Pump at Rapidash, abandoning his Mind Reader in order to save you. Manectric quickly adds some of his electricity to the water with a Spark, and the combination plows into Rapidash, who skids a little before looking at you defiantly. Skarmory Screeches again as it's fixing its wing, and unleasehes a Hyper Beam that hits Tonic square in the face. The rain pours down, but it looks like Rapidash is using a Flame Wheel to evaporate the water before it hits its open flame...

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99: The gentle sloping path of the Scenic Walk curves slightly upwards, letting you enjoy both the scenery and clean air without feeling exhausted from a tough climb. Noting the number of tourists, you quickly recall why you decided to come to Mt. Infernus: the legend of the Rock Pool. Looking around for anyone who might know anything about it, you find yourself disappointed due to the lack of any knowledgeable tourists. Taking a short break, trying not to let the lack of progress get to you, you notice a Growlithe sitting on the opposite side of the path, staring directly at you. Suddenly, a Golem tumbles down from above you, Rollouting between tourists and slamming into the Growlite, knocking the puppy off the edge. Golem roars at Growlithe and jumps after it, sliding rocks as Growlithe lets off a massive Flamethrower that you can see even on the other side of the path. It doesn't look like anyone else saw the Golem or Growlithe, which is odd considering the Golem almost trampled a few people... The Growlithe and Golem are falling, trading blows, but it looks like there is a small body of water down there...

What will you do?

arcanumghost: You and Adam begin to contemplate the situation of the weird Farfetch'd and its Diglett companion. Deciding that the Farfetch'd was perhaps one of the only resourceful members of its species, actually using the leek for something, you turn your attention to Diglett, wondering why it's guarding a large plot of land. Your Trapinch, Adam quickly starts to converse with the Diglett, and attempts to convey a message to you via charades. Apparently, the Farfetch'd has an agreement with the Diglett tribe to clean in their guard circle, in return for being a part of the community. It seems like the Farfetch'd was found by an elder Dugtrio, who rescued it. The Diglett explains that they need a clear area to watch for cracks in the ground - a telltale sign that their home is too deep underground, and that a cave in might happen soon. Diglett and Farfetch'd have been looking for someone to help them reinforce their underground layer near a river.

What will you do?

arcanumghost
23rd February 2009, 9:59 AM
arcanumghost: You and Adam begin to contemplate the situation of the weird Farfetch'd and its Diglett companion. Deciding that the Farfetch'd was perhaps one of the only resourceful members of its species, actually using the leek for something, you turn your attention to Diglett, wondering why it's guarding a large plot of land. Your Trapinch, Adam quickly starts to converse with the Diglett, and attempts to convey a message to you via charades. Apparently, the Farfetch'd has an agreement with the Diglett tribe to clean in their guard circle, in return for being a part of the community. It seems like the Farfetch'd was found by an elder Dugtrio, who rescued it. The Diglett explains that they need a clear area to watch for cracks in the ground - a telltale sign that their home is too deep underground, and that a cave in might happen soon. Diglett and Farfetch'd have been looking for someone to help them reinforce their underground layer near a river.

What will you do?


It took several minutes, and many comical gestures and interpretations, for the young trainer to deduce what the Trapinch was trying to convey. The Farfetch'd and Diglett weren't nearly as odd as the trainer originally thought, instead they were working together to ensure the safety of the Diglett and Dugtrio tunnels underneath the ashy plains. The Farfetch'd didn't directly benefit from this arrangement, but a Dugtrio had saved its life and ever since it had been providing services for the ground pokémon in an attempt to show its gratitude to the elder Dugtrio. The way their relationship worked was the Farfetch'd would sweep away the dust hoping to reveal cracks in the ground that indicated a structural weakness caused by the tunnels. If a tunnel was found, it meant the Diglett and Dugtrio had to quickly find a way to remedy the problem or have a part of their home cave in on top of them. Surely this involved the Farfetch'd running off to get some kind of helpful material that can't be reached from underground tunnels. The most recent concern of the two pokémon happens to be the passages near a river. By the cooperative means they were currently using, they had figured out the integrity of those areas could fail very soon and cause much worse than a cave-in. If the river wall collapsed, the Diglett's home would be flooded with water!

"Ok, so we know where a river is, but before we eat lunch, can you ask the Diglett if there is anything we can do to help them?" Arcanum said to Adam. His Trapinch nodded enthusiastically and ran back to the Diglett to inquire about the most recent difficulties facing the underground community. He doubted his Horsea or Sableye would be of much use here, but possibly his Trapinch could assist. Who knows, maybe there was something his Horsea, Brooks, could do from the river to help reduce the urgency of the problem. Arcanum came back a few moments later to play the game of charades once more, and predicting that his lunch would be greatly deferred otherwise, he began to take enormous bites out of his peanut butter and pepperoni sandwich. After all, he would probably need his strength for the upcoming events.

atlantis_kid99
23rd February 2009, 11:16 AM
[Reposts]
atlantis_kid99: The gentle sloping path of the Scenic Walk curves slightly upwards, letting you enjoy both the scenery and clean air without feeling exhausted from a tough climb. Noting the number of tourists, you quickly recall why you decided to come to Mt. Infernus: the legend of the Rock Pool. Looking around for anyone who might know anything about it, you find yourself disappointed due to the lack of any knowledgeable tourists. Taking a short break, trying not to let the lack of progress get to you, you notice a Growlithe sitting on the opposite side of the path, staring directly at you. Suddenly, a Golem tumbles down from above you, Rollouting between tourists and slamming into the Growlite, knocking the puppy off the edge. Golem roars at Growlithe and jumps after it, sliding rocks as Growlithe lets off a massive Flamethrower that you can see even on the other side of the path. It doesn't look like anyone else saw the Golem or Growlithe, which is odd considering the Golem almost trampled a few people... The Growlithe and Golem are falling, trading blows, but it looks like there is a small body of water down there...

What will you do?

Disappointed by the lack of any tourists who might provide any information about the Rock Pool, Nikki continued on for a short while enjoying the clean, crisp air before taking a break on the side of the path. The views and the Scenic Walk, whilst constantly providing spectacular angles and scenes to gaze down upon, did become tiresome after a long while with what it being almost the only visual object of interest.

A chill ran down her spine as in her peripheral vision, suddenly the trainer noticed a solemn Fire-type canine staring at her with keen, unmoving eyes. Very soon after Nikki noticed the odd Growlithe, with a earth-trembling force the second Golem she had seen in a while, the other in an entirely different place, Rolled Out of nowhere with obliterating force. It slammed into the canine, knocking both out off the mountain's edge. Growlithe suddenly retaliated fiercely with a ferocious Flamethrower that anyone could've seen from the mountain, but surprisingly... no one did?

It had all happened so fast and left Nikki just standing there, befuddled. Where did these Pokemon come from? Why were they behaving so oddly? Most importantly- why didn't anyone else see them? The possibility of an illusion flashed into her mind, but she shook her head, grasping two PokeBalls, one brightly coloured red-and-green, from her belt to toss them forward. Even if those Pokemon weren't real, better safe than sorry. "Mystic, Azure, go!" Nikki cried as the Kirlia and Froslass emerged from their balls. She picked up Mystic, who was still just small enough to lift, and called out orders in a somewhat reckless manouever. Her two Pokemon had already noticed with surprise the downwards, spiralling path of the two Pokemon off the edge.

"Mystic, use your Grass Knot to try and slow Growlithe's descent a little, Golem's too heavy for you. If it's not enough try using your Confusion, Azure you help out with your Psychic if it's too much for Mystic. Then, I'll carry Mystic so he doesn't have to carry himself telekinetically as well... could you guys help lower me down to where Growlithe and Golem are going to land with your Confusion and Psychic? Since you levitate, Azure, you can do that no problem."

It was definitely reckless, but these strange occurances had Nikki inquisitive. As she watched her Pokemon carry out her orders, the same thought was repeating dryly in the teen's head- if only she had a Flying-type Pokemon.

Ytnim
23rd February 2009, 11:54 PM
Ytnim: Shocked by Dr. Hserf's knowledge and the Rapidash and Skarmory helping each other out, you quickly come to the conclusion that Dr. Hserf must know more than he's letting on. Yanking your Poliwhirl's Pokeball out, you quickly summon the tadpoleishnotreally Pokemon. Having evened up the odds some, you tell Tonic and Blitz to work together and save the annoyances for later. Ordering Tonic to summon the rain with a Rain Dance, you also order Manectric to Howl its confidence out. Tonic and Blitz jump into action, Tonic sending a small blue sphere into the sky which starts to create a drizzle, and Blitz Howling at the top of his lungs. As the rain starts to pour down more, you see the Rapidash pull down the Fire Spin and send a Wave of Heat racing towards yourself and the doctor, evaporating the water as it races across the ground. Poliwhirl quickly jumps in and sprays a Hydro Pump at Rapidash, abandoning his Mind Reader in order to save you. Manectric quickly adds some of his electricity to the water with a Spark, and the combination plows into Rapidash, who skids a little before looking at you defiantly. Skarmory Screeches again as it's fixing its wing, and unleasehes a Hyper Beam that hits Tonic square in the face. The rain pours down, but it looks like Rapidash is using a Flame Wheel to evaporate the water before it hits its open flame...

What will you do?


OOC: Sorry, just back at uni, timetable is messed up and stuff 'till next week, should be more settled by then.

"Ok, these two are very strong, but you two are even stronger, and smarter to boot, and that's why you'll beat them!" Minty talks up his pokemon before giving them commands.

"Blitz," Minty addresses his Manectric, "Skarmory is still you target! Hit it with a Spark, try and get it magnetised again, then get up close with a Quick Attack and finish up with a Fire Fang!" the trainer was confident his pokemon could pull off the string of moves he had entrusted him.

"Tonic, you've got the type advantage over Rapidash, plus I reckon you're stronger as well, so you can take it on! Try and get a Mind Reader on it, then go for another Hydro Pump blast, give it a decent amount of power as well!" Minty tells his water type, hoping his tactic will work this time around.

Looking to the doctor, Minty calls out to him, "Are you alright? Don't want my first escort of the day getting hurt now!" Minty says jokingly, somehow able to keep his sense of humour in the middle of an intense pokemon battle.

Amras.MG
24th February 2009, 3:21 AM
arcanumghost: Quickly recapping your knowledge of the situation to make sure you had received the information from Trapinch correctly, you ask Adam to communicate with the Diglett once again. Trapinch waddles off again and starts to chat with the guard Diglett. Nodding his understanding, Trapinch proceeds to waddle back to you. Adam takes in a deep breath and starts to mime out his message, making sure you completely understand it. It looks like the Diglett would greatly appreciate any sort of help with their construction, meaning they would gladly accept Trapinch's digging abilities as well as any other abilities. Diglett had mentioned that since his species in unable to swim, they cannot check the river to see if something is speeding up the erosion, and thus a Horsea would be very helpful in this endeavor. Adam nods at Diglett to signal that the message has been conveyed, and the guard quickly Digs a set of stairs in the ground and motions you down them. Farfetch'd salutes Diglett quickly and continues to sweep the surface. Eating your lunch as you go underground, you notice the strong walls and smooth ceiling of a giant cavern. The cavern is polished due to the efforts of thousands of tiny Digletts, and the only sign of trouble is a small trickle of water near the north wall. With a sharp cry, Diglett returns to the surface after pointing you to the openings to the river and the construction Digletts. It looks like all the other Diglett are super busy fortifying their home...

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99: Your brain barely has time to process the Growlithe before the Golem slams into it, and you quickly work over options. Questions tornadoing through your mind, you summon your Kirlia and Froslass, determined to play safe even if these Pokemon were illusions. Ordering a Grass Knot from Mystic and a Psychic from Azure, the Pokemon nod and spring into action. Kirlia thrusts its arms forwards and tendrils of Grass Knotted together shoot out of the rock wall, forming a cushion below the struggling Pokemon. Neither notice the grass and land hard, their momentum causing massive whiplash. Golem roars and quickly Smashes the Rock wall behind him and Slides the rocks at Growlithe, hitting the puppy square in the face and sending him tumbling down again. Golem proceeds to slash the vines with a few well place rocks and chases after Growlithe, Throwing Rocks like crazy. Azure reacts instinctively, eyes matching Mystic's as the glow with a bright blue. The air around Growlithe and Golem starts to shimmer, and the two Pokemon looks as if they're battling in slow motion due to the slowing of their freefall. Golem, however, has other ideas and Hardens, significantly raising his weight and causing a mental strain for both Pokemon. Kirlia and Froslass sway for a second and then are yanked off the edge of the cliff as if by an invisible rope, eyes still glowing. You find yourself pulled off by Kirlia, and notice an odd sight. As you are falling, it seems as though the bottom isn't getting closer, but that you are constantly getting farther away from the cliffedge.

What will you do?

Ytnim: Bolstering your Pokemon's confidence with a small peptalk, you keep your attention tuned to the battle. Manectric growls and rushes Skarmory, tendrils of electricity Sparking through the birds wing while Skarmory is breathing heavily from its Hyper Beam. The bird cries out in pain before Manectric gets close using Quick attack. Blitz' Fangs glow with a bright Fire just before he chomps down on that same wing, and the Skarmory gives a last cry before fainting. Level up for Blitz. Skarmory's form doesn't stay on the ground though, and a red light engulfs the steel bird, summoning it above you and to the right a bit. Dr. Hserf's eyes flash to the location of the beam, and he dashes over to you while Tonic and Rapidash exchange Hydro Pumps and Fire Blasts. The doctor's eyes radiate concern, and he quickly informs you that you need to get going... NOW. Rapidash is knocked against the canyon wall while you're talking, and Tonic uses the opportunity to draw the fire away from you. Grabbing your arm, Dr. Hserf sprints across the canyon and ducks behind a rock. From this angle, it looks as though there is a robot standing just above the cliff where you were, clearly directing Rapidash and supposedly the Skarmory before it. Rapidash neighs in pain, clearly battered by Tonic's Mind Reader-Hydro Pump combination. The robot looks straight at you, and points. Your ears give out for a second, and you feel strange experiencing the world with no sound at all. Dr. Hserf pulls out a mirror from his pocket and aims carefully, and sound comes rushing back at you all at once. It seems he does in fact have some idea of what's going on...

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99
24th February 2009, 10:32 AM
atlantis_kid99: Your brain barely has time to process the Growlithe before the Golem slams into it, and you quickly work over options. Questions tornadoing through your mind, you summon your Kirlia and Froslass, determined to play safe even if these Pokemon were illusions. Ordering a Grass Knot from Mystic and a Psychic from Azure, the Pokemon nod and spring into action. Kirlia thrusts its arms forwards and tendrils of Grass Knotted together shoot out of the rock wall, forming a cushion below the struggling Pokemon. Neither notice the grass and land hard, their momentum causing massive whiplash. Golem roars and quickly Smashes the Rock wall behind him and Slides the rocks at Growlithe, hitting the puppy square in the face and sending him tumbling down again. Golem proceeds to slash the vines with a few well place rocks and chases after Growlithe, Throwing Rocks like crazy. Azure reacts instinctively, eyes matching Mystic's as the glow with a bright blue. The air around Growlithe and Golem starts to shimmer, and the two Pokemon looks as if they're battling in slow motion due to the slowing of their freefall. Golem, however, has other ideas and Hardens, significantly raising his weight and causing a mental strain for both Pokemon. Kirlia and Froslass sway for a second and then are yanked off the edge of the cliff as if by an invisible rope, eyes still glowing. You find yourself pulled off by Kirlia, and notice an odd sight. As you are falling, it seems as though the bottom isn't getting closer, but that you are constantly getting farther away from the cliffedge.

What will you do?

Both her Pokemon got to work.

Mystic's Grass Knot came bursting out of the cliff wall, forming a kind of grassy net underneath the two plummeting Pokemon... which turned out to be a bad idea as both Growlithe and Golem crashed into the net with considerable whiplash. "Definitely not a good idea..." Nikki said to herself, slightly pained in the possibility she had done the two more harm than good. Golem itself seemed to have different intentions, however, as it roared and Smashed the Rocky wall, producing a Rock Slide which the Rock-type aimed at Growlithe. It sent some of the sharper ones onto the net itself, cutting it cleanly and sending them freefalling again.

'Do they want to die or something?' came Mystic's dry but worried telepathic voice. Azure seemed to agree.

Switching onto their fallback plan, the Kirlia and Froslass' eyes glowed blue as their respective Confusion and Psychic provided enough total mental strength to greatly slow the descent of the mysterious canine and stone beast off the mountainside. Once again Golem seemed determined to fall some more, Hardening his rocky exterior to significantly raise its own weight to the point where Nikki's two Pokemon were pushed to their limits. "It's okay, if it's too much for you then you can let it-" the trainer let out a startled cry as Mystic and Azure were snatched from the cliff like ragdolls, bound by an invisible force to the two. She followed soon after, closing her eyes as she felt the rush of wind past her, the pull of gravity... any second now, any second...

'Open your eyes, Nikki.' this time it was Azure who spoke, but she seemed frightened and relieved at the same time. The rush of wind still flying past her, the girl dared herself to crack open one eye, crying out again but the scene below her was... odd. There was the feel of falling, yes, also the physical and atmospherical sensations, but looking down below, the small body of water did not grow any closer. Then she looked up. The cliff face was rapidly shrinking as the gravity worked its magic... but how? Nausea reignited within Nikki's stomach and her stomach was still somewhat unsettled, but at least she was adjusting- that is, until if or when they landed.

"I think we should be safe for now..." Nikki gestured towards the unchanging space below them, "Let's just see how this turns out. More importantly," she focused her gaze onto the Pokemon beneath them. Questions whirled chaotically in her head, which for now would remain unanswered.

"Where did they come from?"

fishyfool
24th February 2009, 9:20 PM
fishyfool: Becoming increasingly impatient with Ambipom, you realize that you need to put Ambipom back on the defensive before both yours and Infernape's patience snap. Deciding to strike through distraction and fear, you order Volcape to Leer at Ambipom, with a follow-up Thunderpunch. Volcape Leers at Ambipom, though the monkey just laughs at him, obviously amused. Infernape decides to take advantage of Ambipom's momentary phase in concentration and an electrically charged Thunderpunch connects with Ambipom, who screams in pain. Trapped between a fist and a tree, Ambipom is helpless as a thousand volts of electricity course through his veins. Smoke sizzles from Ambipom as its muscles spazz weakly, and Volcape quickly follows up with a series of Furious Swipes. Ambipom groans but manages to push Volcape back with another Gunk Shot. It looks like another hit or two will knock Ambipom out, although it also looks like its attempting to climb back into a tree for height advantage.

What will you do?



As Volcape's leer went amusing towards Ambipom, the chimp decided that it was the best time to strike as the Thunderpunch connected and seemed to grill him slightly. With a smirk, Volcape then proceeded to swipe at him furiously before being knocked away by another move. As Jamie watched this, it seemed that the ape was getting weak and trying to retreat to an advantage, something he could not let happen. With a look towards the somewhat-singed Wraith, who was starting to chat with the injured Aipom Jamie was planning to get to safety afterwards, the battle was at the final stages, and it was pretty much natural what to do.

"Volcape, give the enemy monkey a sudden smack with another mach punch, then finish him off with a swift flame wheel. If he manages to avoid it or survives somwhow, blast him with an ice beam and put the chill on him."

With a nod, the tiring Infernape cracked his knuckles before rushing for the Ambipom...

Amras.MG
25th February 2009, 12:58 AM
atlantis_kid99: Nausea overwhelms your stomach before you gradually adjust to the strange phenomena going on. Telling Azure and Mystic that you guys seem to be safe for the moment, you refocus on the battling Golem and Growlithe. Both Pokemon seem to be extremely skilled, using the natural environment to gain an advantage in the battle. The two duel for a couple more minutes, before Growlithe looks directly at you. Beside you, Mystic clutches its head, bombarded by Psychic thoughts. Telekinetically communicating with you, Kirlia's distress radiates outwards, and you sense that you're running out of time. Growlithe acts quickly, using a Flamethrower to blast himself away from Golem. Running along the side of the wall, Growlithe puts on a burst of speed right as Golem hurls a massive rock at him. The rock smashes into the cliff face, and knocks out a giant chunk of the wall, revealing a large cavern. Golem grunts in surprise and gasps while Growlithe reverses, using its Agility to counteract gravity and jump into the opening. Growlithe looks directly at you again, panting heavily from its midair battle. It looks like you have 30 seconds to get into the cavern...

What will you do?

fishyfool: Noting with a grim satisfaction the Ambipom's tiring out, you order Infernape to finish off the monkey with a few more moves. Ambipom wheezes heavily and latches onto a tree branch right as Infernape hits him with a Punch at Mach speed. Ambipom groans in pain and struggles to protect itself, ripping a tree branch off and smacking Infernape in the face with it. Infernape grabs onto the trunk of a tree and uses his own momentum to propel himself further, Flames starting to Wheel around him. Swinging around the tree, Infernape slams into Ambipom hard, singeing the ape's fur and knocking it into another tree. Ambipom groans and slumps off, obviously done battling. Level up for Infernape. Aipom crawls onto Wraith and Wraith brings Aipom over to you, concerned for the Aipom's health. Infernape also slumps over to you, tired out from his match but visibly worried for Aipom. You recall reading about a therapeutic spring at Crystal Resort...

What will you do?

fishyfool
26th February 2009, 9:53 PM
fishyfool: Noting with a grim satisfaction the Ambipom's tiring out, you order Infernape to finish off the monkey with a few more moves. Ambipom wheezes heavily and latches onto a tree branch right as Infernape hits him with a Punch at Mach speed. Ambipom groans in pain and struggles to protect itself, ripping a tree branch off and smacking Infernape in the face with it. Infernape grabs onto the trunk of a tree and uses his own momentum to propel himself further, Flames starting to Wheel around him. Swinging around the tree, Infernape slams into Ambipom hard, singeing the ape's fur and knocking it into another tree. Ambipom groans and slumps off, obviously done battling. Level up for Infernape. Aipom crawls onto Wraith and Wraith brings Aipom over to you, concerned for the Aipom's health. Infernape also slumps over to you, tired out from his match but visibly worried for Aipom. You recall reading about a therapeutic spring at Crystal Resort...

What will you do?

As Ambipom began its manner of evasion, Volcape blitzed forward and struck the monkey in the chest with the hasty punch, only for the inventive ape to use a branch ripped from a tree to pelt across the Infernape's face as he grabbed onto a nearby tree and used it as a pendulum for momentum as he slammed the Ambipom grandly IN FLAMES, and as it fell to the ground, Jamie knew the battle was decided.

Exhausted, Volcape slumped over to his trainer as Wraith, having recovered enough to have some strength, carries the injured Aipom over with a look on his face as to the condition of the smaller monkey. Nodding, Jamie remembered the leaflet about a spring at Crystal Resort, which was designed for therapy, and noting the singed Mudkip, the knackered Infernape and the wounded Aipom, Jamie pretty much nodded as he took Volcape's arm over his shoulder for support and cradled the Aipom with the other, before nodding.

"Good work Volcape, I think it's time for some R 'n' R, eh? We'll head to Crystal Resort and hope no other distractions get in our way, both to get some rest and to help this little guy."

With a grunt, the four of them started off for Crystal Resort, the domed roof glinting in the distance...

Amras.MG
27th February 2009, 6:14 PM
fishyfool: Supporting your Pokemon and congratulating Volcape on his victory over the Ambipom, your team trudge wearily to the Crystal Resort, welcoming the blast of air conditioning in sharp contrast with the humidity outside. The Resort sparkles like a crystal polished to perfection, the epitomy of grace and style in architecture. Limping up to the front counter, you gently set Aipom on the cool marble and take a second to catch your breath before talking to the receptionist. The lady at the counter looks worriedly at Aipom before a nurse takes it to the back. She turns to you and thanks you for your help in apprehending the Ambipom. Noting the massive amount of sweat covering yourself and your Pokemon, she winks at you and slides your name onto the "Free Guest List", mentioning that she can't charge a person who did such a good deed for a little cutie like Aipom. Handing you a towel and a list of services, she leads you to a series of doors, each leading to a different therapeutic area of the Resort. There are massages, enhanced relaxation chambers with super comfy beds, a lounge with calming music playing, or the sauna room. She explains that each one has only three other trainers in them max, so as to provide a personal experience for complete relaxation.

What will you do?

[Reposts]
[Reposts]
arcanumghost: Quickly recapping your knowledge of the situation to make sure you had received the information from Trapinch correctly, you ask Adam to communicate with the Diglett once again. Trapinch waddles off again and starts to chat with the guard Diglett. Nodding his understanding, Trapinch proceeds to waddle back to you. Adam takes in a deep breath and starts to mime out his message, making sure you completely understand it. It looks like the Diglett would greatly appreciate any sort of help with their construction, meaning they would gladly accept Trapinch's digging abilities as well as any other abilities. Diglett had mentioned that since his species in unable to swim, they cannot check the river to see if something is speeding up the erosion, and thus a Horsea would be very helpful in this endeavor. Adam nods at Diglett to signal that the message has been conveyed, and the guard quickly Digs a set of stairs in the ground and motions you down them. Farfetch'd salutes Diglett quickly and continues to sweep the surface. Eating your lunch as you go underground, you notice the strong walls and smooth ceiling of a giant cavern. The cavern is polished due to the efforts of thousands of tiny Digletts, and the only sign of trouble is a small trickle of water near the north wall. With a sharp cry, Diglett returns to the surface after pointing you to the openings to the river and the construction Digletts. It looks like all the other Diglett are super busy fortifying their home...

What will you do?

Ytnim: Bolstering your Pokemon's confidence with a small peptalk, you keep your attention tuned to the battle. Manectric growls and rushes Skarmory, tendrils of electricity Sparking through the birds wing while Skarmory is breathing heavily from its Hyper Beam. The bird cries out in pain before Manectric gets close using Quick attack. Blitz' Fangs glow with a bright Fire just before he chomps down on that same wing, and the Skarmory gives a last cry before fainting. Level up for Blitz. Skarmory's form doesn't stay on the ground though, and a red light engulfs the steel bird, summoning it above you and to the right a bit. Dr. Hserf's eyes flash to the location of the beam, and he dashes over to you while Tonic and Rapidash exchange Hydro Pumps and Fire Blasts. The doctor's eyes radiate concern, and he quickly informs you that you need to get going... NOW. Rapidash is knocked against the canyon wall while you're talking, and Tonic uses the opportunity to draw the fire away from you. Grabbing your arm, Dr. Hserf sprints across the canyon and ducks behind a rock. From this angle, it looks as though there is a robot standing just above the cliff where you were, clearly directing Rapidash and supposedly the Skarmory before it. Rapidash neighs in pain, clearly battered by Tonic's Mind Reader-Hydro Pump combination. The robot looks straight at you, and points. Your ears give out for a second, and you feel strange experiencing the world with no sound at all. Dr. Hserf pulls out a mirror from his pocket and aims carefully, and sound comes rushing back at you all at once. It seems he does in fact have some idea of what's going on...

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99: Nausea overwhelms your stomach before you gradually adjust to the strange phenomena going on. Telling Azure and Mystic that you guys seem to be safe for the moment, you refocus on the battling Golem and Growlithe. Both Pokemon seem to be extremely skilled, using the natural environment to gain an advantage in the battle. The two duel for a couple more minutes, before Growlithe looks directly at you. Beside you, Mystic clutches its head, bombarded by Psychic thoughts. Telekinetically communicating with you, Kirlia's distress radiates outwards, and you sense that you're running out of time. Growlithe acts quickly, using a Flamethrower to blast himself away from Golem. Running along the side of the wall, Growlithe puts on a burst of speed right as Golem hurls a massive rock at him. The rock smashes into the cliff face, and knocks out a giant chunk of the wall, revealing a large cavern. Golem grunts in surprise and gasps while Growlithe reverses, using its Agility to counteract gravity and jump into the opening. Growlithe looks directly at you again, panting heavily from its midair battle. It looks like you have 30 seconds to get into the cavern...

What will you do?

psychopath: Shocked by the power of the tourist's Pokemon, you ask the girl if she could help battle with her Bonsly. Looking at you with wide eyes, the girl can barely make out a "what?". She explains that Bonsly has never battled before... in fact, she doesn't even know if it has any attacks. Bonsly, however, has other ideas as it starts to glow purple, Copycatting the Psychic used before. Bonsly cries out as a wave of Psychic energy ripples out of its tiny body, flinging Gloom back into its trainer. As Gloom collides with its trainer, the small girl yells out, rushing to catch her Bonsly which has just fainted from using Psychic as its first ever attack. You catch sight of an odd marking on the tourists arm as Gloom rips his shirt, a weird tattoo of a meteorite colliding with the earth.

Turning back to Valor and Mortimer, you quickly order Mortimer to use an Icy Wind, and Mortimer does so, buying himself some time to set up a Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch combo while Valor creates a small halo of water around himself, using Aqua Ring to heal. Mortimer catches up to Gloom and hits it hard with the Sucker Punch, keeping Gloom on the defensive, who spits Acid at Mortimer too try and give it some space. Mothim attempts to use another Psychic, but is interrupted by a Water Pulse smashing into it. As Mothim flies back, his Psychic attack goes awry and hits Gloom, causing massive damage. Gloom unsteadily gets back to its feet, although it looks like it could faint with another few attacks. Mothim uses another Twister to blow away the Brine coming towards him, although the winds cause his trainer shirt to lift up, revealing an identical tattoo...

What will you do?

Amras.MG
3rd March 2009, 1:17 AM
Cortoza's cap has been lifted to include the next three posters.

-Hayward-
3rd March 2009, 4:08 AM
Cortoza's cap has been lifted to include the next three posters.

*OOC: Thanks for the offer! You know I've been wanting to adventure here for a long time, so I'll definitely take you up on it!


Splash! Splash! Two figures vanished quickly beneath the ocean’s choppy surface. As the white-capped waves lapped against the sides of the S.S. Serenity, the watchers aboard the luxurious ocean liner stared unblinkingly at the spot where the two figures had just gone under. Suddenly, the tiny, onion-shaped head of a male Meditite broke the surface. Coughing and spluttering, he spit out a mouthful of salty seawater and glanced anxiously from side-to-side, looking for his companion. Onboard the observation level, a young couple out for a romantic stroll heard the commotion. Concerned, they rushed to the railing and leaned over. They held their breath when they saw the look of panic on the face of the worried Meditite. Just then, a brown-haired teenage boy surfaced a few metres away from the Meditite, gasping desparately for air. Noticing the Meditite’s anxious expression at once, the teenager grinned sheepishly and shrugged. A look of relief crossed the Meditite’s face, while the young couple let out a grateful sigh.

At that moment, an angry, stentorian voice boomed from the lower starboard deck, causing the young couple to bolt in surprise. Almost as if they expected it, the teenager and the Meditite turned towards the ship. “Tha’s ’ow we ’andle stowaways who don’ pay!” A stout, muscular sailor reprovingly brandished a mop in their direction. “Tryin’ ter ‘ideout in the cargo hold are ya?! Well ’ave fun swimmin’ ter the nearest isle! Haharr! Haharr!” Laughing cruelly, he pointed the wooden-handled mop at a small speck just barely visible on the horizon before disappearing through a door in the side of the ship. Unable to do anything, the young couple took one last look at the helpless pair bobbing up and down in the water, shrugged apologetically, and resumed their amorous walk around the deck.

Within moments, the ocean liner had gone, leaving the teenager and the Meditite all alone in the middle of the sea. The teenager, Benjamin Hale, a former member of the gang Red Gyarados - along with his reckless Meditite partner, Medeo - had traveled to this curious land in order to atone for the sins of his past by offering help to anyone in need. Things weren’t going so well however - as usual, they were out of money and food. Having blown all their coins at Jirachi’s Casino, the two friends had decided to stowaway amongst the boxes and crates in the cargo hold of the oceangoing vessel. Unfortunately, they had been discovered by a sailor scrubbing the bowels of the ship and had been uncerimoniously tossed overboard. Rocked back and forth by the waves, Ben turned to Medeo and shrugged. “Well mate, I guess there’s nothing left but to swim for it.” He motioned to the small island in the distance. Medeo nodded and they were off.


* * *

Many hours later, Ben and Medeo dragged themselves ashore; cold, sore, and tired, yet thankful they had not encountered any Tentacool or Sharpedo during their swim. Clothes dripping and teeth chattering, Ben turned to his diminutive companion, “L-l-l-let’s g-g-g-get a f-f-f-fire g-g-g-going, m-m-m-mate.” Medeo nodded and the two friends began scouring the gritty beach for driftwood. After only a few minutes, they had piled up enough timber to get a good-sized blaze started. Still shivering, Ben said, “U-u-u-use f-f-f-fire p-p-p-punch, b-b-b-but n-n-n-not t-t-t-too h-h-h-hard or i-i-i-it’ll s-s-s-splinter.” A FIERY aura surrounded Medeo’s fist as he picked up a piece of kindling. Rather than PUNCHing it though, he merely tapped it. The stick ignited almost instantly, and the yoga Pokemon hurriedly tossed it onto the pile. He repeated this process several times. When he had finished, satisfied with his labors he collapsed beside the blaze, exhausted from the work and the swim. While Medeo got the bonfire going, Ben stripped down to his boxers, setting his drenched clothes and saturated messenger bag close to the heat to dry. Sitting down on the ground near his little partner, he joined the Meditite in gazing at the roaring flames.





The Island
The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

Areas:
Shale Beach: Shale Beach stretches around the outskirts of the island itself. Its sand is gritty and black, not at all the postcard picture you want to be sending home.


Ben and Medeo enjoyed the fire’s warm embrace for a long while before Ben finally spoke. “I don’t know about you, but I’m hungry, mate. When was the last time we had anything to eat?” Medeo shrugged and held up his palms. “Yeah, I can’t remember, either.” Ben replied. He rose to his feet, and continued, “Well, we better see if we can find something to eat. Who knows how long we’ll be here.” As Ben got into his no-longer soaked clothes, Medeo extinguished the fire by kicking sand, dirt, and rocks onto it. The Meditite came to an abrupt halt though, as he unearthed the tattered remains of an old flyer. With a quizzical look, he picked it up and handed it to Ben. Turning the torn scrap of paper over in his hand, Ben read it out loud. “Research Lab: A division of Volcanity Inc., this scientific team has set up equipment at several locations across the island in order to study the geological effects of past eruptions on the current environment, as well as to track any current seismic activity. Sometimes they can use some help, so if you offer your services you may be able to take on a job.” He glanced at Medeo. “What d’you think they pay, mate? We could sure use the money for food.” Medeo nodded eagerly.

Scanning their surroundings with his grey-green eyes, Ben considered their options. He picked up his messenger bag and slung it over his shoulder, remarking, “There’s not much to see here - ocean, beach, forest. We’ve already been in the ocean and I’ve got a bad feeling about the forest; let’s follow the coastline until we can find one of those Research Labs, or else someone who can guide us there.” Once again Medeo nodded his approval. Cramming the tattered flyer into his pocket, the black clad trainer fell into step beside the small Meditite, and the two set off along the beach in search of Volcanity Inc.’s Research Lab, unsure of what fate had in store for them…




Research Lab: A division of Volcanity Inc., this scientific team has set up equipment at several locations across the island in order to study the geological effects of past eruptions on the current environment, as well as to track any current seismic activity. Sometimes they can use some help, so if you offer your services you may be able to take on a job.



*OOC: Hopefully, all the quotes weren't too confusing. In short: Arrived at Shale Beach, currently on Shale Beach, wanting to head to the Research Lab. And thanks again for lifting the cap.


__________________________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

arcanumghost
3rd March 2009, 7:20 PM
arcanumghost: Quickly recapping your knowledge of the situation to make sure you had received the information from Trapinch correctly, you ask Adam to communicate with the Diglett once again. Trapinch waddles off again and starts to chat with the guard Diglett. Nodding his understanding, Trapinch proceeds to waddle back to you. Adam takes in a deep breath and starts to mime out his message, making sure you completely understand it. It looks like the Diglett would greatly appreciate any sort of help with their construction, meaning they would gladly accept Trapinch's digging abilities as well as any other abilities. Diglett had mentioned that since his species in unable to swim, they cannot check the river to see if something is speeding up the erosion, and thus a Horsea would be very helpful in this endeavor. Adam nods at Diglett to signal that the message has been conveyed, and the guard quickly Digs a set of stairs in the ground and motions you down them. Farfetch'd salutes Diglett quickly and continues to sweep the surface. Eating your lunch as you go underground, you notice the strong walls and smooth ceiling of a giant cavern. The cavern is polished due to the efforts of thousands of tiny Digletts, and the only sign of trouble is a small trickle of water near the north wall. With a sharp cry, Diglett returns to the surface after pointing you to the openings to the river and the construction Digletts. It looks like all the other Diglett are super busy fortifying their home...

After conveying another message relay to Arcanum through pantemime and charades, Arcanum had received the wishes of the Diglett. Although Adam cheerfully conveyed the first message, it was apparent that thinking of ways to speak to Arcanum was starting to wear on him, and he certainly wasn't enjoying the playful means of communicating as much as he was before. Never the less, he gets the message out and the way the stands now Diglett would be delighted to have Arcanum's help. After getting the signal from Adam, the Diglett made quick work of the ground in front of Arcanum and soon he was looking at a staircase in to the earth. Wow, he's really good at what he does. Arcanum thought. The Farfetch'd made a noise at this point, and looking up Arcanum saw that it was saluting the Diglett, who responded with a bow in turn, before returning to its sweeping with the stick.

The sandwich was nearly gone by the time Arcanum reached the cavern the Diglett had granted Arcanum access too only moments before. In the large room, Arcanum saw more pokémon than he had ever seen in his life, and it was apparent that the ecosystem had been allowed to thrive unchecked by humans for quite some time. There had to be thousands of Digletts running around perfecting the structural integrity of the massive underground cavern! There was a small trickle of water creating a puddle on the cavern floor and it seemed several Diglett were relaying dirt to the spot and several others using the dirt to try to slow the leaky wall. The diglett that had escorted them down showed the way to the river and then disappeared to carry on his duties with the Farfetch'd above ground.

"Adam, first thing I'm going to go to the river's edge and see if I can figure out a way to stem the water, and I'm sure you'd be able to help Brooks," Arcanum explained. After a nod, Adam followed Arcanum through the path leading to the river's edge. Arcanum reached to his side where three small red and white balls were attached to his belt. Grabbing the last one, he tapped the small button and threw the enlarged pokéball at the ground about a foot away from the water, and soon his Horsea was materializing in the water. Pulling out his pokédex to review Horsea's current list of moves, he decided it was time to give some orders.

He was interrupted however, by something moving in his backpack. "The egg! It's starting to hatch!" Arcanum exclaimed, tearing open his backpack to reveal the egg that had been stored there. Small shards flew off the egg in every direction. A newborn Nincada leapt from the hole and buried itself in Arcanum's jacket pocket. Whipping out his pokédex, he exclaimed in excitement moments later, "Nincada is a ground pokémon too! Hm... I think I'm going to name her Lyre. Adam, you and Lyre can help each other when we go back downstairs!"

After thinking silently to himself for nearly a minute, Arcanum decided on a good way to help the Diglett down below. "Ok, Adam, I want you to start using Mud-Slap and Sand Attack to dig a path away from the river so it leads away from the wall the Diglett are trying to fortify down below. Then, Brooks, use Aurora Beam to create a wall of ice, forcing the water to follow Adam's path instead of the river's flow. Adam, if you work quickly, do you think we can dry up the riverbed in half an hour?" Arcanum dictated. The Trapinch answered with a nod, and asking the same to his Horsea he received another nod. "Alright then, get to work you guys!" Arcanum shouted encouragingly. I sure hope this works... he thought secretly to himself.

atlantis_kid99
5th March 2009, 9:39 AM
[Reposts]
[Reposts]
atlantis_kid99: Nausea overwhelms your stomach before you gradually adjust to the strange phenomena going on. Telling Azure and Mystic that you guys seem to be safe for the moment, you refocus on the battling Golem and Growlithe. Both Pokemon seem to be extremely skilled, using the natural environment to gain an advantage in the battle. The two duel for a couple more minutes, before Growlithe looks directly at you. Beside you, Mystic clutches its head, bombarded by Psychic thoughts. Telekinetically communicating with you, Kirlia's distress radiates outwards, and you sense that you're running out of time. Growlithe acts quickly, using a Flamethrower to blast himself away from Golem. Running along the side of the wall, Growlithe puts on a burst of speed right as Golem hurls a massive rock at him. The rock smashes into the cliff face, and knocks out a giant chunk of the wall, revealing a large cavern. Golem grunts in surprise and gasps while Growlithe reverses, using its Agility to counteract gravity and jump into the opening. Growlithe looks directly at you again, panting heavily from its midair battle. It looks like you have 30 seconds to get into the cavern...

What will you do?

As gravity pulled them nearer yet not nearer at the same time to the bottom, a lot was going on in mid-air right now. Both Golem and Growlithe seemed highly proficient in the battling aspect, the latter of which was surprising given it was merely a "puppy" Pokemon, but nonetheless it held strategy and power. For a moment Nikki re-considered her almost instantaneous assumption that Golem was the antagonist and Growlithe the protagonist, of sorts. Who or what were these Pokemon? Again and again she found herself drawn to the puzzling circumstances they were now in, more importantly the two she had been trying to save and fight at once.

It was then Growlithe made direct eye contact with Nikki. In that same moment the Kirlia beside her cried out on shock and pain as he seemed to be bombarded psychically, the natural empathy between Mystic and his trainer making her sense his distress. Nikki, to be honest, wasn't sure what to think as Growlithe took the chance to blast himself away from Golem with a ferocious Flamethrower, darting lightly as if running on water across the cliff face. Golem roared again as another one of his rocks was sent brutally crashing into the cliff face... this time, however, it was odd. The rock surrounding the area where the rock struck was smashed clean off, revealing a hidden cavern. Golem appeared equally shocked as Growlithe nimbly showed its Agility, working against gravity to zip into the cavern- and also possibly safety. Nikki caught its eye once more- from its exhausted eyes it was clear the trainer needed to land alongside with it, but how?

There was only a narrow timeframe in which she could do this, so she hastily thought of a plan, fingering her Ponyta Ember's PokeBall in case they needed her help. "Mystic, Azure, we have to get in that cavern," she said urgently. "Psychic and Confusion to slow us down gradually but quickly so we don't get any whiplash, then if you can another Psychic to bring us safely into the opening of that cavern- Mystic try a Grass Knot to secure us to we can all get in there safely. Otherwise Confusion to help Azure."

I don't know what's down there and I don't want to find out, the trainer thought. Better get to safety now then discover everything the hard way. But if her improvised plan failed, then they would have to discover it after all...

fishyfool
5th March 2009, 8:25 PM
fishyfool: Supporting your Pokemon and congratulating Volcape on his victory over the Ambipom, your team trudge wearily to the Crystal Resort, welcoming the blast of air conditioning in sharp contrast with the humidity outside. The Resort sparkles like a crystal polished to perfection, the epitomy of grace and style in architecture. Limping up to the front counter, you gently set Aipom on the cool marble and take a second to catch your breath before talking to the receptionist. The lady at the counter looks worriedly at Aipom before a nurse takes it to the back. She turns to you and thanks you for your help in apprehending the Ambipom. Noting the massive amount of sweat covering yourself and your Pokemon, she winks at you and slides your name onto the "Free Guest List", mentioning that she can't charge a person who did such a good deed for a little cutie like Aipom. Handing you a towel and a list of services, she leads you to a series of doors, each leading to a different therapeutic area of the Resort. There are massages, enhanced relaxation chambers with super comfy beds, a lounge with calming music playing, or the sauna room. She explains that each one has only three other trainers in them max, so as to provide a personal experience for complete relaxation.

What will you do?



As the four of them entered the Crystal Resort, taking in the splendour, the receptionist looked at the Aipom in the sense of slight concern before a nurse thankfully came along and helped the little monkey towards the back. Somehow, the nurse thanked Jamie for apprehending said Ambipom, instantly making the trainer wonder how she knew this, but decided it best not to inquire as Volcape's face lit up more than usual to see their name shift into the Free Guest List, meaning that Jamie wouldn't have to shell out for therapy. Happily receiving the towel, Jamie noted the four seperate areas, and had logical thoughts about the preferable relaxation. The sauna was pretty much out of the question, as Volcape would find it rather uncomfortable, while spending some time in the relaxation chambers would simply cause a potential fire hazard. Nodding to the Mudkip and Infernape, Jamie headed towards the doorway for the lounge, hoping to relax a little while he wondered what to name his latest addition to the team as he gave the new years' ball a small tap, revealing a rather dozy little Geodudette, the first female on the team.

"Hey, little girl, how're you doing? We're just going to relax a little here, so don't worry. In fact, we'll have a think for your name."

Psychopath
8th March 2009, 4:42 AM
psychopath: Shocked by the power of the tourist's Pokemon, you ask the girl if she could help battle with her Bonsly. Looking at you with wide eyes, the girl can barely make out a "what?". She explains that Bonsly has never battled before... in fact, she doesn't even know if it has any attacks. Bonsly, however, has other ideas as it starts to glow purple, Copycatting the Psychic used before. Bonsly cries out as a wave of Psychic energy ripples out of its tiny body, flinging Gloom back into its trainer. As Gloom collides with its trainer, the small girl yells out, rushing to catch her Bonsly which has just fainted from using Psychic as its first ever attack. You catch sight of an odd marking on the tourists arm as Gloom rips his shirt, a weird tattoo of a meteorite colliding with the earth.

Turning back to Valor and Mortimer, you quickly order Mortimer to use an Icy Wind, and Mortimer does so, buying himself some time to set up a Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch combo while Valor creates a small halo of water around himself, using Aqua Ring to heal. Mortimer catches up to Gloom and hits it hard with the Sucker Punch, keeping Gloom on the defensive, who spits Acid at Mortimer too try and give it some space. Mothim attempts to use another Psychic, but is interrupted by a Water Pulse smashing into it. As Mothim flies back, his Psychic attack goes awry and hits Gloom, causing massive damage. Gloom unsteadily gets back to its feet, although it looks like it could faint with another few attacks. Mothim uses another Twister to blow away the Brine coming towards him, although the winds cause his trainer shirt to lift up, revealing an identical tattoo...

What will you do?

He looked at the people's tatoos and thought about them for a second before speaking: "What the f*ck? What are you? Some sort of emo death cult?" He realised he shouldn't have said that, crazy people will do anything when offended. He looked at the girl and the village, both innocent things that had been attacked by crazy cults. "Thanks for the help Bonsly, I'll give you a very awesome berry when were done here." He looked at the battlefield and decided to get this over as fast as possible. I wish I had some superstrong giant pokemon to scare these guys away, but we have to make do, come on guys!"

He thought of a quick strategy for the round and called it out. " Mortimer, the Mothim is your target this round, aim at it with a well-aimed Sucker Punch, that should atart off this battle well. Next, Valor, cover yourself in Mirror coat, most of their attacks are non-physical, being able to counter them is nice. Mortimer, follow that up with a sneaky attack from the shadows. Valor Flop around flailing and let yourself get hit and while the others are distracted return the power of their attacks. At the same time as that Pay them back for all they've done to you Mortimer." He laughed at the thought, he wanted to go to a pool and ended put fighting some sort of neo-cult. Retarded.

Fangirl
16th March 2009, 6:57 PM
Hair clung to Kris' face, cemented to her skin by layers of sweat and dust that that had accumulated over the morning. Wet, sweaty patches stained her clothes, the soggy stretches a testament to the tropic heat that swallowed the island whole. Around her, large trees and tiny ferns dotted the haphazard footpath that had been carved through the forest by a hundred dozen other explorers just like her. She was grateful for whatever shade the foliage cast over her, the noontime sun all but unbearable once it had joined forces with the sweltering weather imposed by the volcanic island itself.

"It's hot." she whined needlessly to her Pokemon companion; a young Vaporeon named Levi. Beads of dew shimmered like diamonds in the high sunlight, the condensation of a curious but pleasant byproduct of her aquatic physiology. "What do you say we find somewhere with some water to cool down in?"

Levi sighed, the sound somewhere between a mew and the reminiscent tinkling of a glass bell, and paused to stretch her aqueous limbs, the tired gesture an agreement to the suggestion. Kris smiled fondly at the tiny blue beast and slung her shoulderbag forward, unzipping the main pocket and fishing for the map that had been provided on the ferry. Unfolding it in a decidedly uncoordinated manner, Kris stretched her arms wide and held the map above her head, scanning first for their current location, and then for the nearest water source.

"Looks like the Ignatius River is just a couple miles from here." She said, thoughtfully.

Amras.MG
17th March 2009, 2:27 AM
Sorry for the wait, boys and girls, I was on spring break.


-Hayward-: Yourself and Medeo land on Cortoza Isle, engaging in a fistful of shenanigans before finally deciding to find a job at Volcanity Inc's Research Lab. After deciding on following the coastline until you reach the site of the lab, you and Medeo set off, ready for your adventure to begin. The sand crunches under your feet, and you notice in the distance a fairly visible skyscraper with a giant V on top of it, interlaced with the form of a lowercase i. Turning towards this, you two take a good look at your surroundings. The Volcanity Inc Lab itself is a giant chrome skyscraper that glints in the sun, lined with giant solar panels and a rich garden off to one side. Around the lab is the beach and a small path paralleling a large paved road leading into the center of the island. The lab is quite formidable, and around the ground you notice scorch marks, as though someone or something has recently attempted to gain access, and failed.

The door hisses open, a wave of cold air smashing into you as you walk into the lobby of the building. The white interior and high tech decoration match the image of the exterior, and you walk up to the receptionist feeling slightly intimidated. She smiles at your reaction and quickly points you in the direction of the job panel. The holoimages flash across as you enter in your specifications, and Volprocessing matches you with an entry level job, as a Security guard. However, should you choose to accept this, you are able to pick your shift.

What will you do?

arcanumghost: You marvel at the sight of the Diglett ecosystem, and quickly get to work with your orders. Your egg hatching into a Nincada catches your eye for a brief minute, but after welcoming Lyre to the world, you set off with your various tasks. Adam takes Lyre under his wing and the two move off to dig a small streamholething, Slapping Mud away and Attack the Sand to make an indent where water could flow easily. Upon summoning Brooks into the water, the Horsea fires an Aurora Beam into the water, redirecting the trickle towards Adam and Lyre's project. The water begins to dry up almost instantly, and the Diglett begin to cheer quickly before returning to work. Adam give Lyre a hi5 and Horsea swims around in a circle happily, glad to have helped.

A Spike slams through the roof of the cave, embedding itself in the artificial dam before reaction time can set in for any of you. Looking up towards the surface you hear Farfetch'd cry out in pain and see a giant Discharge of electricity throw the bird's form down into the dome, wings singed from exposure to so much electricity. An Electivire appears, Sparking with electricity while a Forretress levitates behind him. A man in a white coat with dark glasses steps out from behind them and points at the dam, Spikes flying out of the Forretress as he does so.

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99: Your mind races as the three of you plummet down the canyon, perplexed by Growlithe's behavior and strength despite his puppyish appearance. Urging your Pokemon to take action to slow your fall, Azure's eyes begin to glow with a pale blue, and you notice yourself falling a bit slower. Mystic gestures toward the face of the rock wall and summons a Knot of Grass, and quickly wraps it around you like a tether. Golem glares while falling and summons a horizontal Rock Tomb out of the cliff face, landing on it with a shattering crack before pulling out another and standing on it in defiance. Catching sight of the blue aura your Pokemon are emitting, it Roars loudly and spits a massive Beam of Hyper powered energy at you. Kirlia gasps while helping Azure with the Psychic slow down, and motions to the cave opening. You see Growlithe Agilely racing towards you, see him jump... and then you're blinded by a white light.

Your eyes begin working again, and the first thing you see is Mystic holding Growlithe close to himself, obviously shocked by what just happened. Growlithe's fur is rumpled and singed, and there is a large bloodspot on his ribs. Mystic telepathically urges you for help, conveying a series of images; Growlithe jumping in front of the Hyper Beam and summoning a Safeguard at the same time, part of the Hyper Beam piercing the orb of protection, and Azure's success in landing all of you in the cavern.

A rumbling is heard as the Golem Rollouts up the wall, landing with a splintering thud in the mouth of the cave. Punching the wall, Golem grabs a couple Rocks and proceeds to Throw them at you, an evil look in his eyes...

What will you do?

fishyfool: Mulling over the possibilities for your relaxation options, you quickly rule out the Sauna and relaxation chamber on the grounds that Volcape would prove hazardous in the rooms and would not enjoy the sauna at all. Choosing the lounge, you call out your Geodudette, providing some much needed estrogen (do Pokemon get periods o0) on the team, in order to think of a good name for her. Crashing on an extremely comfy couch, you chuckle as Jamie settles next to you, while Volcape lays down on a fireproof couch and starts to nap. Geodudette walks over to you in order to help you with your naming process. In the distance, you can hear bits of a converstion between other loungers; "fetch.. price.. really? consider.. purchase.. no law.. cheap.. big profit.. easy to kill." From what you can tell, their voices aren't being affected by walls or anything, so there's no way you're mishearing them.

What will you do?

Psychopath: Confused by the trainer's tattoos, and beggining to think that you're fighting a death cult, you note that innocence is usually attacked by the crazy, and feel the anger rising to face. Thanking the girl for her Bonsly's help and promising it a berry, you quickly formulate a strategy to end this quickly, not quite sure of the intentions or craziness level of the crazy tourists. Valor smiles as his Aqua Ring refreshes him, and quickly Coats himself with a shimmering Mirrory substance while Mortimer smashes into Mothim, catching the bug off guard. Mothim attempts another Psychic, but is distracted while Valor Flails around, and smirks, ready to pick off an easy target. Mothim fires a Psychic wave at Valor, who grins and braces himself. Mortimer materializes behind Mothim at the same time Valor is hit, and Sneakily Attacks Mothim, drawing his attention away from the Mirror Coat. The wave of energy flies back at Mortimer and Mothim, hitting both of them hard, although it looks like Mothim took most of the damage, even more so due to having his back to it. Mothim groans in pain before getting a dose of Payback from Mortimer, the final round of damage pushing him over the edge. Mothim collapses to the ground, but Gloom is nowhere to be seen... Crap. Gloom lunges over to Mortimer and starts to Drain his energy at a Giga pace. Valor shudders in pain but continues standing, glaring angrily at Gloom...

What will you do?

Fangirl: Walking up the coastline of Cortoza Isle, sweat splattering over your head and face, you and your Vaporeon decide to got Ignatious River to cool off and get a nice cool drink from the stream. The two of you set off at a slow trot, and slowly come to the shaded river, and cool breeze blowing through the whispering trees. Up ahead is a small pond like thing, a quiet respite from the lazy sway of the river. Vaporeon purrs with anticipation, ready to feel the water on her fur, and you notice a small scene at the water's edge. It looks like a Magikarp and a Kricketot are having a practice match, the Magikarp Tackling the Kricketot who appears to be Biding its time. Magikarp and Kricketot appear to be laughing, however, and look to be good friends. Noticing you, the two nod in your direction happily and make a motion that looks like they want a Double practice match.

What will you do?

[Reposts]
Ytnim: Bolstering your Pokemon's confidence with a small peptalk, you keep your attention tuned to the battle. Manectric growls and rushes Skarmory, tendrils of electricity Sparking through the birds wing while Skarmory is breathing heavily from its Hyper Beam. The bird cries out in pain before Manectric gets close using Quick attack. Blitz' Fangs glow with a bright Fire just before he chomps down on that same wing, and the Skarmory gives a last cry before fainting. Level up for Blitz. Skarmory's form doesn't stay on the ground though, and a red light engulfs the steel bird, summoning it above you and to the right a bit. Dr. Hserf's eyes flash to the location of the beam, and he dashes over to you while Tonic and Rapidash exchange Hydro Pumps and Fire Blasts. The doctor's eyes radiate concern, and he quickly informs you that you need to get going... NOW. Rapidash is knocked against the canyon wall while you're talking, and Tonic uses the opportunity to draw the fire away from you. Grabbing your arm, Dr. Hserf sprints across the canyon and ducks behind a rock. From this angle, it looks as though there is a robot standing just above the cliff where you were, clearly directing Rapidash and supposedly the Skarmory before it. Rapidash neighs in pain, clearly battered by Tonic's Mind Reader-Hydro Pump combination. The robot looks straight at you, and points. Your ears give out for a second, and you feel strange experiencing the world with no sound at all. Dr. Hserf pulls out a mirror from his pocket and aims carefully, and sound comes rushing back at you all at once. It seems he does in fact have some idea of what's going on...

What will you do?

Fangirl
17th March 2009, 4:37 AM
Sorry for the wait, boys and girls, I was on spring break.


Fangirl: Walking up the coastline of Cortoza Isle, sweat splattering over your head and face, you and your Vaporeon decide to got Ignatious River to cool off and get a nice cool drink from the stream. The two of you set off at a slow trot, and slowly come to the shaded river, and cool breeze blowing through the whispering trees. Up ahead is a small pond like thing, a quiet respite from the lazy sway of the river. Vaporeon purrs with anticipation, ready to feel the water on her fur, and you notice a small scene at the water's edge. It looks like a Magikarp and a Kricketot are having a practice match, the Magikarp Tackling the Kricketot who appears to be Biding its time. Magikarp and Kricketot appear to be laughing, however, and look to be good friends. Noticing you, the two nod in your direction happily and make a motion that looks like they want a Double practice match.

What will you do?

Sighing eagerly at the sight of the river and the nearby pond, Kris broke into a lazy jog, Levi at her heels, both excited to feel the chill of the water on their skin. As they approached the pond, however, as they neared tje waterside, both parties noticed a small conflict between two tiny orange pokemon; one aquatic, the other insectoid. Watching with intrigue a moment, it didn't take long for the trainer to realize that the disposition of the pair was far from hostile, and they were in fact, laughing!

"What an odd pair." Kris murmured to Levi, who mewed in agreement, before taking a few slow steps towards the Magicarp and Kriketot in curiousity. Kris was more hesitant, unsure if the Pokemon were as friendly towards people as they were towards each other, and followed a couple steps behind Levi, unti the battling duo took notice of them, and paused the sparring. Flinching, bad memories of disturbing wild Pokemon in the past welled up in her subconscious, Kris froze, but Levi only newed again, the sound a sharp, tinkling "Vaaaa!". Both the Magikarp and Kriketot nidded pleasantly, the bug waving it's stumpy arms in a gesture for Levi and Kris to join them. Impressed by their tameness, Kris nodded, and closed the distance between them, a warm smile on her own features.

"I guess you want us to play too?" She questioned, reaching to her belt and selecting a Pokeball from the six there. Tossing it in the air, she caught it, then tossed it again, the orb this time splitting open in mid air and spewing forth a flurry of red light, which quickly formed into the rolly-polly shape of Flare, Kris' Cyndaquil.

"Hope it's okay if she plays too." Kris giggled, stepping back to give the foursome ample room. She paused to think over what course of action she should take with her Pokemon, not wanting to play too rough, since it was all just for fun and games. "Alright, guys, play nice now." He instructed her pair. "Start off simple, with a pair of Tackles, hm?"

-Hayward-
17th March 2009, 5:13 AM
Sorry for the wait, boys and girls, I was on spring break.


-Hayward-: Yourself and Medeo land on Cortoza Isle, engaging in a fistful of shenanigans before finally deciding to find a job at Volcanity Inc's Research Lab. After deciding on following the coastline until you reach the site of the lab, you and Medeo set off, ready for your adventure to begin. The sand crunches under your feet, and you notice in the distance a fairly visible skyscraper with a giant V on top of it, interlaced with the form of a lowercase i. Turning towards this, you two take a good look at your surroundings. The Volcanity Inc Lab itself is a giant chrome skyscraper that glints in the sun, lined with giant solar panels and a rich garden off to one side. Around the lab is the beach and a small path paralleling a large paved road leading into the center of the island. The lab is quite formidable, and around the ground you notice scorch marks, as though someone or something has recently attempted to gain access, and failed.

The door hisses open, a wave of cold air smashing into you as you walk into the lobby of the building. The white interior and high tech decoration match the image of the exterior, and you walk up to the receptionist feeling slightly intimidated. She smiles at your reaction and quickly points you in the direction of the job panel. The holoimages flash across as you enter in your specifications, and Volprocessing matches you with an entry level job, as a Security guard. However, should you choose to accept this, you are able to pick your shift.

What will you do?





On the Volcanic Island of Cortoza two figures strolled along the uninviting beach at a leisurely pace. Gritty, black sand crunched beneath the feet of the Trainer Ben Hale and the Meditite Medeo, as the pathetic, penniless pair continued to follow the coastline of the isle, searching for Volcanity Inc. Suddenly, the sharp-eyed Meditite pointed excitedly to a faroff, soaring building, shimmering in the sunlight, and the duo hurried closer to inspect it.

As Ben approached the imposing, chrome structure at a trot, with the diminutive Meditite at his side, he marveled at the trademarked, colossal V interlaced with lowercase i, perched imperiously atop its solar-paneled roof. Volcanity Inc sat just off the beachfront; the lavish garden adjacent to the laboratory presenting an interesting contrast to the coarse, dark sand along the water’s edge. Nearby, Ben spied a small pathway running parallel to one of the many paved arteries that he assumed lead towards the heart of Cortoza. Curiosity rose in the teenage trainer as he glimpsed the telltale signs of scorch marks staining the earth in sporadic locations. Evidence of failed attempts at a forced entry he presumed.

With a hiss, the sliding glass doors opened, and the hot and weary twosome were instantly greeted with a rush of refreshing, artificially cooled air. As they proceeded into the lobby, Ben and Medeo gaped in wonder at all of the impressive technological advancements adorning the building’s interior. “Would you look at this place, mate? I’ve never seen anything like it.” Ben whispered, slightly intimidated. The new-fangled gadgetry was simply too much for the little Meditite however. Completely bewildered, all he could do was nod his tiny, onion-shaped head in agreement. For another moment, the two friends continued to circle the foyer of Volcanity Inc. Eyes wide, they had no desire to miss even one of the high tech devices on display.

“Hey look! There’s the reception desk mate,” Ben suddenly exclaimed, inclining his head to indicate the direction. They hurried over to the counter. In a voice filled with awe, Ben hesitantly spoke. “I’m Ben Hale, and this is Medeo.” He nodded at the belt-high Meditite beside him. The Yoga Pokemon bowed respectfully at the receptionist, who smiled kindly in return.

“We’re out of money and looking for work. Is there any chance you might be hiring?” Ben asked tentatively. With a smile, the receptionist pointed Ben in the direction of the job panel. The faces of Ben and Medeo reflected a soft blue glow as they intently studied the holoimages, and Ben entered their qualifications into the database. After a moment, the screen flashed that it had found a match; recommending the two friends for the entry-level position of security guards. Ben read the description of the position to Medeo and the little Meditite eagerly nodded his approval.

For the second time in only a few minutes, the pair hurried over to the reception counter. With great enthusiasm Ben explained to the receptionist that wanted to accept the positon of security guard that Volprocessing had suggested, and added, “It also said we get to pick the shift.” Pausing momentarily, the black-clad trainer dragged a hand through his short brown hair and considered their options. After a moment of deliberation he grinned. “We’ll take the night shift,” he said, figuring it would probably be the easiest, as very few workers would be around to see if either he or his small Meditite partner felt the sudden urge to sneak a quick nap. Before the receptionist could even respond, Ben quickly added, “I have only one question… When do we get paid?!”



__________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Amras.MG
18th March 2009, 3:38 AM
Fangirl: Your fears as to the possible unpleasantness of the two Pokemon are soon eased as you notice them playfully splashing each other, and gesturing to you to come battle with them. Vaporeon smiles contently and jumps in front of you, near the water's edge, ready for orders. You pull out a Pokeball as well, and the flash of light reveals a baby Cyndaquil, the love child of two Typhlosions. The little chinchilla thingy smiles at you and rolls over to Vaporeon, smiling at her and ready to start. Ordering a double Tackle to start off slowly, you watch intently as your Pokemon get into attack positions. Magikarp and Kricketot grin and start to move into action, Kricketot glowing with a red aura as it starts to Bide its time. Cyndaquil rushes the bug with a cry of "Cynda!" and hits it with a spot on Tackle, although Kricketot holds its ground easily. Meanwhile, Vaporeon rushes Magikarp, who quickly retreats into the water, drawing Vaporeon with it. Chasing the Magikarp, Vaporeon springs out of the water to Tackle the fish... and ends up hitting Kricketot instead! It seems like Magikarp knows a Bide when he sees one and is using it to her advantage...

What will you do?

-Hayward-: Your excitement is palpable inside the lobby, filling the room with a vibrant energy that the other employees feel and appreciate; a break from the routine of their days. The lobbiest smiles again, pleased to see such eager Bidoofs on the job, and enters your information into a sidetop computer. A small badge begins to process, and the lady asks for a retinal scan before handing you your shiny new badge, labeled "Ben Hale: Night Security". She also pulls out a small chip, attatches a short length of twine around it, and instructs you to wear it around you neck at all times, and if you are in a fatal situation or the outer perimeter is about to be breached, you are to break it in half. Handing you a small holopad with information displayed across it, she tells you that the datapad will show you your assignment for the night, your scheduled shift, and the status of the other outer security posts.

"Well Ben, it looks like you have a couple hours before your shift starts. Night security guards are paid in the morning after their shift is over, so after you're done for the night, just come back here and we'll get you your pay. If you'd like, you can head to the Practice Room for some training, or the Lounge to meet your fellow guards before your shift. The Practice Room is the second door on the right down this hallway here, and the Lounge is directly across from it."

What will you do?

Psychopath
18th March 2009, 9:38 PM
Sorry for the wait, boys and girls, I was on spring break.

Psychopath: Confused by the trainer's tattoos, and beggining to think that you're fighting a death cult, you note that innocence is usually attacked by the crazy, and feel the anger rising to face. Thanking the girl for her Bonsly's help and promising it a berry, you quickly formulate a strategy to end this quickly, not quite sure of the intentions or craziness level of the crazy tourists. Valor smiles as his Aqua Ring refreshes him, and quickly Coats himself with a shimmering Mirrory substance while Mortimer smashes into Mothim, catching the bug off guard. Mothim attempts another Psychic, but is distracted while Valor Flails around, and smirks, ready to pick off an easy target. Mothim fires a Psychic wave at Valor, who grins and braces himself. Mortimer materializes behind Mothim at the same time Valor is hit, and Sneakily Attacks Mothim, drawing his attention away from the Mirror Coat. The wave of energy flies back at Mortimer and Mothim, hitting both of them hard, although it looks like Mothim took most of the damage, even more so due to having his back to it. Mothim groans in pain before getting a dose of Payback from Mortimer, the final round of damage pushing him over the edge. Mothim collapses to the ground, but Gloom is nowhere to be seen... Crap. Gloom lunges over to Mortimer and starts to Drain his energy at a Giga pace. Valor shudders in pain but continues standing, glaring angrily at Gloom...

What will you do?


Tyson was surprised at the attack from the Gloom, luckily he had the help of Valor to settle the score. "Hey dude, aim for the Gloom and hit it with a Pulse of water, that should get it off. Mortimer, use screech to send goosebumps down its spine, that should get it to let go of you." Mortimer nodded and spoke telepathically {I'll try, but I am getting, tired}. "Just do what you can do, letting a pokemon kill you is not on my list."

"Valor, and Mortimer, when you are done circle around Gloom so that you are on opposite sides of it, a double barrage of attacks will be pretty damn hard to evade." Valor nodded and Mortimer looked as he was pinned down but he herad the messsage, "Valor, Tail Whip and Blizzard it. Mortimer, sucker punch it if it gets close and use Icy wind on it." His plan was simple, but it was all that he could do to end the match.

-Hayward-
19th March 2009, 4:42 AM
-Hayward-: Your excitement is palpable inside the lobby, filling the room with a vibrant energy that the other employees feel and appreciate; a break from the routine of their days. The lobbiest smiles again, pleased to see such eager Bidoofs on the job, and enters your information into a sidetop computer. A small badge begins to process, and the lady asks for a retinal scan before handing you your shiny new badge, labeled "Ben Hale: Night Security." She also pulls out a small chip, attatches a short length of twine around it, and instructs you to wear it around you neck at all times, and if you are in a fatal situation or the outer perimeter is about to be breached, you are to break it in half. Handing you a small holopad with information displayed across it, she tells you that the datapad will show you your assignment for the night, your scheduled shift, and the status of the other outer security posts.

"Well Ben, it looks like you have a couple hours before your shift starts. Night security guards are paid in the morning after their shift is over, so after you're done for the night, just come back here and we'll get you your pay. If you'd like, you can head to the Practice Room for some training, or the Lounge to meet your fellow guards before your shift. The Practice Room is the second door on the right down this hallway here, and the Lounge is directly across from it."

What will you do?



In the lobby of Volcanity Inc, on the Island of Cortoza, a sidetop computer hummed noisily, processing the information of the trainer Benjamin Hale. After a moment, the receptionist smiled. Reaching over the desk, she placed a newly-made badge into the hand of the teenager. Ben’s grey-green eyes fell on the miniature object, and he silently mouthed the words, “Ben Hale: Night Security.” The receptionist then handed over a small chip on a cord, and Ben listened intently to her instructions, wondering just exactly the lady meant by the term “fatal situation” or if it was even possible to breach the outer perimeter of this technologically advanced research center. Figuring it was probably just standard safety procedure, he decided not to concern himself with it for the moment, and gratefully accepted the informational holopad she passed over to him next. Having received all the items necessary to his post, Ben immediately turned to the diminutive Meditite at his side, and held out the security gear for him to see. “Look, mate! We got a job!” he exclaimed excitedly. Medeo grinned cheerfully up at the boy. While the receptionist looked on, Ben and Medeo let out a joyful cheer and danced around the lobby.

"Well Ben, it looks like you have a couple hours before your shift starts. Night security guards are paid in the morning after their shift is over, so after you're done for the night, just come back here and we'll get you your pay. If you'd like, you can head to the Practice Room for some training, or the Lounge to meet your fellow guards before your shift. The Practice Room is the second door on the right down this hallway here, and the Lounge is directly across from it," the receptionist explained to the happy pair. Ben thanked the woman for her help and headed off down the hallway. As they walked, the black-clad trainer considered their options. After a moment, he turned to Medeo and remarked, “Let’s head to the Lounge, mate. Since we’ve got a while until we’re scheduled to begin, we can meet the other Security Guards and find out if they have any pointers or advice for us.” The small Meditite nodded his approval, and Ben continued, “Who knows, maybe we’ll even have time for a quick nap before our shift starts…”


__________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Fangirl
19th March 2009, 5:43 AM
Fangirl: Your fears as to the possible unpleasantness of the two Pokemon are soon eased as you notice them playfully splashing each other, and gesturing to you to come battle with them. Vaporeon smiles contently and jumps in front of you, near the water's edge, ready for orders. You pull out a Pokeball as well, and the flash of light reveals a baby Cyndaquil, the love child of two Typhlosions. The little chinchilla thingy smiles at you and rolls over to Vaporeon, smiling at her and ready to start. Ordering a double Tackle to start off slowly, you watch intently as your Pokemon get into attack positions. Magikarp and Kricketot grin and start to move into action, Kricketot glowing with a red aura as it starts to Bide its time. Cyndaquil rushes the bug with a cry of "Cynda!" and hits it with a spot on Tackle, although Kricketot holds its ground easily. Meanwhile, Vaporeon rushes Magikarp, who quickly retreats into the water, drawing Vaporeon with it. Chasing the Magikarp, Vaporeon springs out of the water to Tackle the fish... and ends up hitting Kricketot instead! It seems like Magikarp knows a Bide when he sees one and is using it to her advantage...

What will you do?

Cursing silently, Kris took a step back to reconsider her actions. Though she was trying not to, it was hard for the trainer to avoid getting competitive. And though it was all fun and games, she still loathed the prospect of a Bide. She'd seen enough in her travels to know that her Pokemon were in trouble if the patient little bug got it off.

In the water, Levi was bristling, her own competitive nature coming having been coaxed out by the opposing pair's audacity to redirect her move. Arching, her head fin stiff and her tail swishing soft but intensely, she glared, growling, at her opponents, and bolted forward without instruction towards Kricketot, Ice Beam charging. Startled by the sudden initiative, Kris glanced at Flare, who was sitting uselessly on the shore, confused by the apparently lack of response she was getting from her attack.

"Flare!" She snapped, pulling the Cyndaquil out of the uncertain daze that extreme youth allowed her. "Give her a hand! Howl like your mama does, and then fire off a good, thick Smokescreen at Kricketot!"

Tale
19th March 2009, 2:22 PM
Pele's Shrine: Half-way up the mountainside is another monument built in Pele's honour, this sacred shrine's centrepiece none other than a sacrificial altar surrounded by flaming torches. Chanting can be heard at night, drifting across the island, but it's the blood-curdling screams that can be heard emanating from here under the light of a full moon that keep tourists and trainers away when the sun begins to set.

I'm hoping I haven't miscalculated, and that I am indeed the third person to post since your announcement, Amras.MG. Please excuse me if I have, let me know and I'll delete this asap.

The shape of a woman. How he’d longed to witness such dazzling spectacles, the grandeur of legendary wonders that satisfy mere glances with titillation and enticement. The danger of volcanic activity sizzled his blood, jolted his enthusiasm and strengthened the beating of his heart. The heat wasn’t half uncomfortable though.

As he continued his observation of the sheer magnificence of Mount Pele, Oscar barely considered the heat that assaulted his overly-clad body. Before having taken his first step, he became spontaneously aware of his sweat-sodden torso, and stripped his long overcoat and waistcoat down to his customary frilled shirt. The baggage, he concluded, was unnecessary, and with a swift glance to his surroundings, he placed the bundle of unneeded layers upon the ground beside him, and sidled away. Surely the Goddess wouldn’t reject a few clothes as a stray, informal offering? Nevertheless, the matter was irrelevant as his intention to abandon his hefty coat was cemented, in spite of all the guilt that could possibly rain down upon his mortal soul. Although…the prospect of penance was a daunting, formidable and slightly disheartening one. On retrospect, it was a dangerous one. Just how would the Goddess of violence react to litter?

A hammer struck his mind’s gong, and Oscar was enthused. This mountain housed the most ominous and terrifying of locations he’d heard of - and the prospect of its exploration was exhilarating. He bounded forwards, intent on scaling Mount Pele until Pele’s Shrine was reached.

Amras.MG
19th March 2009, 6:03 PM
I'm hoping I haven't miscalculated, and that I am indeed the third person to post since your announcement, Amras.MG. Please excuse me if I have, let me know and I'll delete this asap.


You're fine Tale, I had miscalculated and counted Ushi as the third, when she was second. Welcome to Cortoza.

CAPPED

Amras.MG
20th March 2009, 7:02 PM
psychopath: Surprised by the sudden reappearance of the Gloom into the battle, you quickly shake it off and decide to end this battle now. Valor fires a rapid Water Pulse at Gloom, who shakes off the attack, having already regained a good amount of health from the Giga Drain. However, distracted by the water slamming into it, Gloom does not expect the loud Screech from Mortimor, which makes its attention waver enough that the Giga Drain link is broken, giving your two pals the chance to circle Gloom, panting but clearly ready to end this. Mortimer and Valor move in at once, Valor distracting Gloom with a Whip of his Tail while Mortimer hits it from behind with a Sucker Punch. Getting desparate, Gloom starts to draw Energy around it, ready to fire the Ball at Valor, but never gets the chance as he is slammed on both sides by a vicious wintery mix of Icy Wind and Blizzard. Gloom stiffens, and collapses, clearly unable to battle. Level up for Valor and Mortimer.

The two tourists glare angrily at you and recall their Pokemon, and reluctantly move to the side to let you pass, shooting daggers at you with their eyes. The girl and her Bonsly cling closely to you, obviously scared by the two men, but quickly whispers in your ear "they're following us."

What will you do?

-Hayward-: Thanking the woman for her help and directions, you and Medeo consider your options and choose to go to the Lounge, hoping to meet the other Guards and maybe even catch a few zees. A large metal door silently slides to reveal a small cozy nook packed with comfy chairs and various appliances, a warm light giving you a sense of ease as you enter the room. Sitting on chairs around an old fashioned chessboard are two guards, clearly relaxing until their shift. Sitting on a chair next to them, they glance over and say hi, introducing themselves as Bill and Ted. Patting you on the shoulder, they start to talk your ear off, although it does seem they're pretty knowledgeable.

"Mmmmmkay Ben, here's the deal. As a Security Guard, your job is to patrol the outside perimeter of VI. Now, usually it's an easy job, but lately there's been a few skirmishes with wild Pokemon... really strong wild Pokemon. Something's driving Pokemon from the surrounding volcanoes down here, and we don't know what it is, although VI has started paying us more and doubling up shifts. I don't really care what's causing it as long as I get more dough, though... got any questions for me, son?"

Fangirl: You withdraw mentally and decide to rethink your strategy quickly, fighting the urge to get extremely competitive against the Bider. Having had previous bad experiences with that particular move, you notice that Levi's competitive streak was being exposed as well, the water type's eyes narrowing with anger as she launches an Ice Beam at Kricketot, though the opposing Magikarp, Splashes water in the direction of Vaporeon, intercepting the Ice Beam and redirecting it into creating a wall of ice. Magikarp dives into the water and jumps over the ice wall, attempting to Tackle Vaporeon, although Levi is able to dodge it and circles around, pumped up for the battle. Meanwhile, you stare at Flare, sitting on the shore confused at the Bide, having never seen one before. Ordering Flare to help Levi out, the little Cyndaquil Howls loudly, raising her confidence and releases a billowing smoke at the Kricketot, who merely blinks, still glowing red with the Bide. Magikarp suddenly leaps out of the water again and rams itself into Flare really hard, Tackling it for some good damage before Flailing back into the water.

What will you do?

Tale: Pondering the tribal goddess of Mount Pele as you scale the mountain, you leave your heavy clothes and start to scale the mountain without the unnecessary weight burdening you. The heat beats down on you, and you find yourself having to stop every few seconds to wipe massive amounts of sweat from your forehead. The rockholds are hot and burn your fingers as you grip them, and you soon find yourself gasping in pain as you attempt to climb. Coming upon a slight cave in the wall, you take pleasure in the small shade it offers, cooling your completely soaked clothes and giving you a nice respite. Taking a second to look out of the cave entrance, you notice that there aren't that many Pokemon around, and the cave you're in is empty, which is very odd... usually this area is teeming with life. Attempting to start again, you slightly burn your hand grabbing the rock to climb... It looks like you can't scale the mountain during the day, at least by yourself.

However, there are strange markings around the cave; a progressively filling circle.

What will you do?

Tale
20th March 2009, 10:02 PM
Tale: Pondering the tribal goddess of Mount Pele as you scale the mountain, you leave your heavy clothes and start to scale the mountain without the unnecessary weight burdening you. The heat beats down on you, and you find yourself having to stop every few seconds to wipe massive amounts of sweat from your forehead. The rockholds are hot and burn your fingers as you grip them, and you soon find yourself gasping in pain as you attempt to climb. Coming upon a slight cave in the wall, you take pleasure in the small shade it offers, cooling your completely soaked clothes and giving you a nice respite. Taking a second to look out of the cave entrance, you notice that there aren't that many Pokemon around, and the cave you're in is empty, which is very odd... usually this area is teeming with life. Attempting to start again, you slightly burn your hand grabbing the rock to climb... It looks like you can't scale the mountain during the day, at least by yourself.

However, there are strange markings around the cave; a progressively filling circle.

What will you do?

As is typical of any journey upon which Oscar impetuously embarks, the first few steps were enhanced with zealous determination and anticipation. Upon reaching the Mountain’s base, he leapt with habitual enthusiasm across its scorching acclivity without a moments hesitation for the deliberation over the method in which he would eventually approach his hike. His wide-rimmed hat proved cumbersome within but a few minutes of his ascension, yet he staunchly refused himself the desire to remove it, treasuring the embellishment of his unkempt skull above all the material items he currently possessed.

Inevitably, his impetuosity proffered little success. After what seemed to be hours of relentless climbing, he found that naught but his irrevocable determination urged him forwards. His hands were scolded by the blistering rocks, his unnecessarily frilly shirt sodden with the surprising volume of sweat that poured from every nook and every cranny of his aching torso. Peering up the mountainside, he released an agonised groan.

“Oh this is insufferable. I’ll curse this mountain for each millennia it survives if its worth fails to equalize its trials! Pele? The most unforgiving god I ever heard of!” He struck the mountainside - succeeding only in acquiring a bruise to complement his blisters. At that moment, a dip in the rock-face caught his desperate gaze. Overcome with glee, he scrambled awkwardly further up the mountainside, wincing his way through the pain of each step. As he reached the cave, he cackled, rolling into the shade and splaying himself across the cooler surface, revelling in the significant drop in temperature offered by the shade. For a blissful eternity, he rested his aching eyes and gradually recovered his enthusiasm and energy, in preparation for a second bout with Mount Pele. With his sweat-drenched shirt steadily dehydrating in the cooler air, his enthusiasm returned at a similar pace.

Oscar propped himself up after a long while of respite, and faced the cave’s mouth with eyes burning once more. As eager as before, he bounded forwards, grasping his first rock of his second attempt at reaching the infamous Shrine of Pele. However, he screamed in pain as his long-established burns protested vehemently against a second endeavour. Apparently, the concept of climbing Mount Pele during the unbearable heat of day was impossibly foolish. Swiftly, however, Oscar came to a conclusion: to wait until nightfall, when the Shrine would prove, he believed, far more interesting. Turning back into the not-so-unwelcoming sanctity of his newly-established base, an image of which he was previously unaware managed to catch his eye. Lining the cave’s interior, engravings of a circle that seemed to progressively fill sparked his insatiable curiosity, and without a moment’s pause, he strode towards the engravings, marvelling at the mysticism with which it seemed to bestow the entire cave.

“Remarkable!” He exclaimed, appreciating the new-found worth of his trialling journey to witness this perplexing sight. He wondered if the circle was the interpretation, or record, of the moon’s transition to fullness. In which case, he may have discovered an integral feature of the mystery surrounding the events within the shrine around the time of the full moon. He commenced his habitual massage of his goatee as he pored over such thoughts, attempting to interpret some kind of use for these engravings. Concluding that the main point of interest would undoubtedly have been the engraving signifying the full moon, he attempted to locate the fullest of the circles. After having found it, he began a series of trial-and-error methods to ascertain its function - pushing the circle, running his hands around its perimeter and gazing out from its perspective. Perhaps it detailed where the moon was at its optimum position in the sky? Maybe its utilisation depended on the full moon’s presence? If this was the case, he was oblivious as to whether this evening was scheduled to present a full moon whatsoever.

Having already convinced himself, without the slightest scrap of evidence, that the engravings were indubitably representative of the moon, Oscar intended to utilise the remainder of him time until a discovery hit him or until nightfall, scrutinising every inch of the cave and fingering each engraving like a curious toddler. He was certain that frustration would eventually drive him from the cave come evening in any case. As he continued his amateurish investigation, his indistinguishable mumbles filled the cave.

Psychopath
20th March 2009, 11:18 PM
psychopath: Surprised by the sudden reappearance of the Gloom into the battle, you quickly shake it off and decide to end this battle now. Valor fires a rapid Water Pulse at Gloom, who shakes off the attack, having already regained a good amount of health from the Giga Drain. However, distracted by the water slamming into it, Gloom does not expect the loud Screech from Mortimor, which makes its attention waver enough that the Giga Drain link is broken, giving your two pals the chance to circle Gloom, panting but clearly ready to end this. Mortimer and Valor move in at once, Valor distracting Gloom with a Whip of his Tail while Mortimer hits it from behind with a Sucker Punch. Getting desparate, Gloom starts to draw Energy around it, ready to fire the Ball at Valor, but never gets the chance as he is slammed on both sides by a vicious wintery mix of Icy Wind and Blizzard. Gloom stiffens, and collapses, clearly unable to battle. Level up for Valor and Mortimer.

The two tourists glare angrily at you and recall their Pokemon, and reluctantly move to the side to let you pass, shooting daggers at you with their eyes. The girl and her Bonsly cling closely to you, obviously scared by the two men, but quickly whispers in your ear "they're following us."

What will you do?

He cheered as his pokemon won the battle, It was both of their first battles, so he was especially glad about this particular match. "Congratulations guys!" was all he said be fore they set off again, now pokemonless the tourists couldn't do much damage, and even if they could, he would stop them."Great job guys, take a good long rest." recalling his pokemon they set off to the girl's grandpa, ready to get this journey beggining. He felt glaring on his back as he walked from the two tourists and was shocked when the girl whispered:

"They're following us."

That's when he snapped. He whipered to the girl, "When I say 'Go' please could you run to your Grandpa, and tell him to get his Steelix here now?" He pulled a ball from his belt and made it grow, "Freeze, come on out." He tossed the ball into the air. As he looked materialized a blue and white Weavile, the only one in the world. "Freeze, this girl needs to go down the mountain, escort her until you see an old man with a Steelix, she will explain everything and you will come back, understand?" He nodded and looked at the girl, he could probably carry her, and he was pretty fast. He could get there faster if he carried her.

Tyson turned to the tourists, "what do you want?"

-Hayward-
21st March 2009, 3:24 AM
-Hayward-: Thanking the woman for her help and directions, you and Medeo consider your options and choose to go to the Lounge, hoping to meet the other Guards and maybe even catch a few zees. A large metal door silently slides to reveal a small cozy nook packed with comfy chairs and various appliances, a warm light giving you a sense of ease as you enter the room. Sitting on chairs around an old fashioned chessboard are two guards, clearly relaxing until their shift. Sitting on a chair next to them, they glance over and say hi, introducing themselves as Bill and Ted. Patting you on the shoulder, they start to talk your ear off, although it does seem they're pretty knowledgeable.

"Mmmmmkay Ben, here's the deal. As a Security Guard, your job is to patrol the outside perimeter of VI. Now, usually it's an easy job, but lately there's been a few skirmishes with wild Pokemon... really strong wild Pokemon. Something's driving Pokemon from the surrounding volcanoes down here, and we don't know what it is, although VI has started paying us more and doubling up shifts. I don't really care what's causing it as long as I get more dough, though... got any questions for me, son?"



In the employee lounge of Volcanity Inc, on the Isle Cortoza, the Trainer Benjamin Hale introduced himself and Medeo, the belt-high Meditite at his side, to the two Security Guards seated around a chessboard. The contrast between the cozy breakroom and the sterile, technologically-advanced building that surrounded it was immediately apparent. As the large metal door noiselessly slid closed behind him and Medeo, the pair were bathed in the faint glow of the tranquil lounge, Ben felt the calming atmosphere embrace him, beckoning him to join in the relaxation. Surveying their surroundings with his grey-green eyes, Ben noticed a variety of appliances and comfy furniture decorating the room. Spying a particularly comfortable-looking chair near the chessboard, Ben crossed the room and seated himself beside the lounging workers. Medeo followed his trainer’s lead and plopped down on an inviting recliner nearby.

The Security Guards returned Ben’s greeting, calling themselves Bill and Ted; as teenager and Meditite sat. In a gesture of welcome, the friendly pair patted Ben on the back and began sharing treasures from their vast storehouse of wisdom. One of the garrulous gentlemen concluded, “Mmmmmkay Ben, here's the deal. As a Security Guard, your job is to patrol the outside perimeter of VI. Now, usually it's an easy job, but lately there's been a few skirmishes with wild Pokemon... really strong wild Pokemon. Something's driving Pokemon from the surrounding volcanoes down here, and we don't know what it is, although VI has started paying us more and doubling up shifts. I don't really care what's causing it as long as I get more dough, though... got any questions for me, son?"

“So does that mean Medeo and I will be paired with someone else?” Ben replied as he stood. He and the little Meditite had faced experienced opponents before, but had only survived by teaming up with a fellow trainer fate had sent their way. Dragging a hand through his short, brown hair as he paced in circles around the room, he wondered what could be causing the wild Pokemon to attack the Research Lab. Were the volcano dwellers being provoked by someone, or was it just a natural occurrence.? Maybe he and Medeo would get the chance to investigate at some point. No doubt, things would become much clearer later. For now, he decided to grab some shut-eye before while he had the chance.

Ben noticed an inviting sofa and lay down on it, kicking off his white adidas running shoes in the process. Removing his watch, he set the alarm to go off a few minutes before the start of their shift, and placed it on a nearby table. Stretched out on the comfy couch, he glanced at Medeo and grinned. “You may want to get some sleep, too, mate. I’ve got a bad feeling this is going to be a long night…”


__________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

fishyfool
21st March 2009, 5:25 PM
Sorry for the wait, boys and girls, I was on spring break.



fishyfool: Mulling over the possibilities for your relaxation options, you quickly rule out the Sauna and relaxation chamber on the grounds that Volcape would prove hazardous in the rooms and would not enjoy the sauna at all. Choosing the lounge, you call out your Geodudette, providing some much needed estrogen (do Pokemon get periods o0) on the team, in order to think of a good name for her. Crashing on an extremely comfy couch, you chuckle as Jamie settles next to you, while Volcape lays down on a fireproof couch and starts to nap. Geodudette walks over to you in order to help you with your naming process. In the distance, you can hear bits of a converstion between other loungers; "fetch.. price.. really? consider.. purchase.. no law.. cheap.. big profit.. easy to kill." From what you can tell, their voices aren't being affected by walls or anything, so there's no way you're mishearing them.

What will you do?



As the trio entered the lounge, and as Volcape chose the comfiest fireproof couch to snooze in, a tricky task that involved sitting his arse on them all until he found one he liked, Jamie plopped onto an equally comforting seat as Wraith settled beside him and his Geodudette hopped at his feet. As the silence suddenly descended upon him, he heard snippets of conversation, picking out several words, seemingly a business venture, albeit one not completely savoury with the terms 'No law' and 'easy to kill' being mentioned, and at this, he started to worry a little, which irritated him. As the small rock pokemon sat there, looking rather guilty about nothing, a small spark of inspiration struck him as he had a small thought.

"Penance. It's a term used when one pays for a sin. Those people over there seem to be chatting about something suspicious, and I wish to know the exact details. Try and be very quiet, I'd like to hear what they're saying. If what I think I heard is true, those guys aren't planning something nice..."

arcanumghost
23rd March 2009, 4:45 AM
arcanumghost: You marvel at the sight of the Diglett ecosystem, and quickly get to work with your orders. Your egg hatching into a Nincada catches your eye for a brief minute, but after welcoming Lyre to the world, you set off with your various tasks. Adam takes Lyre under his wing and the two move off to dig a small streamholething, Slapping Mud away and Attack the Sand to make an indent where water could flow easily. Upon summoning Brooks into the water, the Horsea fires an Aurora Beam into the water, redirecting the trickle towards Adam and Lyre's project. The water begins to dry up almost instantly, and the Diglett begin to cheer quickly before returning to work. Adam give Lyre a hi5 and Horsea swims around in a circle happily, glad to have helped.

A Spike slams through the roof of the cave, embedding itself in the artificial dam before reaction time can set in for any of you. Looking up towards the surface you hear Farfetch'd cry out in pain and see a giant Discharge of electricity throw the bird's form down into the dome, wings singed from exposure to so much electricity. An Electivire appears, Sparking with electricity while a Forretress levitates behind him. A man in a white coat with dark glasses steps out from behind them and points at the dam, Spikes flying out of the Forretress as he does so.

What will you do?

Adam and Lyre quickly began digging a tunnel away from the river, successfully allowing some water to travel away from the Diglett home, and Brooks successfully altered the course of the water with a dam just before the Diglett's work. There are a few moments of celebration both from the three pokémon, as well as from the Diglett who noticed what had happened.

Suddenly the ground shook, and a loud noise turned every head in the cave. A Spike had flown through the ceiling in to the dam Brooks had just created. The Farfetch'd soon followed the Spike, as a violent Discharge of electricity singed its feathers and caused it to be thrown back in to the entrance of the cave. Arcanum instantly began getting defensive as soon as it registered in his mind this wasn't a freak accident but some kind of attack. He reached for a new Pokéball for Lyre and threw it at the newborn so it would be protected during the battle he was sure was coming up. Adam and Brooks traveled quickly to Arcanum's sides as the perpetrators showed themselves at the entrance. An Electivire appeared first, sparkling with intense levels of electricity surging through its body, and a Forretress followed him without touching the ground. A mysterious man who looked somewhat like a scientist appeared from behind him, sporting some dark sunglasses that shielded Arcanum from getting a good look at him. Arcanum was worried now, these weren't pokémon that would be easy to take on. Even in his young ability, he immediately realized another of his pokémon would need to be pocketed in order to make it through this battle: his Horsea was weak to electricity and wouldn't make it far in this battle. His hand reached for Lucy's, or Sableye's pokéball as Brooks completed his journey back to his pokéball. By the time Sableye had finished materializing, Another barrage of Spikes were traveling from Forretress towards the dam.

Arcanum gave Adam some preliminary orders, "Adam, get up there quickly and use Quick Attack on the Electivire, followed by a pair of Sand Attacks, one for each of these intruders. As for you," Arcanum said looking at Lucy the Sableye and ripping his bag open, "I want you to drink this quickly." His hand produced a Cranberry Vodka (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9204555&postcount=17), which his Sableye trustingly drank, burping up smoke afterwards.

** Lucy learned Firestream! **

"Now, use Firestream on the Forretress, followed by Night Shade and Scratch!" Arcanum said to the Sableye. There was nothing he could do now about the dam, but the home would be ruined anyway if the young trainer couldn't push the enemy away from the Diglett's home on the ashy plains. He watched in anticipation as his two strongest pokémon faced the scary two opponents.

atlantis_kid99
23rd March 2009, 10:52 AM
atlantis_kid99: Your mind races as the three of you plummet down the canyon, perplexed by Growlithe's behavior and strength despite his puppyish appearance. Urging your Pokemon to take action to slow your fall, Azure's eyes begin to glow with a pale blue, and you notice yourself falling a bit slower. Mystic gestures toward the face of the rock wall and summons a Knot of Grass, and quickly wraps it around you like a tether. Golem glares while falling and summons a horizontal Rock Tomb out of the cliff face, landing on it with a shattering crack before pulling out another and standing on it in defiance. Catching sight of the blue aura your Pokemon are emitting, it Roars loudly and spits a massive Beam of Hyper powered energy at you. Kirlia gasps while helping Azure with the Psychic slow down, and motions to the cave opening. You see Growlithe Agilely racing towards you, see him jump... and then you're blinded by a white light.

Your eyes begin working again, and the first thing you see is Mystic holding Growlithe close to himself, obviously shocked by what just happened. Growlithe's fur is rumpled and singed, and there is a large bloodspot on his ribs. Mystic telepathically urges you for help, conveying a series of images; Growlithe jumping in front of the Hyper Beam and summoning a Safeguard at the same time, part of the Hyper Beam piercing the orb of protection, and Azure's success in landing all of you in the cavern.

A rumbling is heard as the Golem Rollouts up the wall, landing with a splintering thud in the mouth of the cave. Punching the wall, Golem grabs a couple Rocks and proceeds to Throw them at you, an evil look in his eyes...

What will you do?

A second solid Grass Knot burst out of a nearby cliff-face, wrapping around the three like a safety net. The recently common telekinetic glow of Azure's eyes was present yet again. With worry Nikki noticed that Mystic would probably be very tired by now, given the level of high energy-consumption moves he had been throwing around. Golem gave Nikki and her Pokemon a cold glare as the never-ending freefall slowed somewhat, suddenly a second object bursting out of the cliff-face- this time a sturdy Rock Tomb, as it purposely landed its six-hundred pound and over monstrous body on it, causing much backlash and wrenching much of the tomb and possibly the cliff around it clean out. Apparently it didn't seem to notice as a second came bursting out a moment later, making the Rock-Ground dual typed Pokemon come to a standstill once and for all.

With the earth-shattering Roar that Nikki knew very well and not just from this encounter a fiercely white Beam of Hyper intensity began forming in Golem's mouth... The last thing Nikki saw before being completely and utterly blinded by white was Growlithe racing towards them with a burst of Agility, leaping with startling speed.


---

...she wasn't dead? That was surprising. Of course she wasn't dead. There was no pain. But the fact remained that the girl couldn't see a thing.

As she waited for her vision (and head) to clear, it momentarily grew hazy then her eyes fully adjusted. So. They were in the cavern; but where was Golem? The first thing she saw after that thought was a deeply shocked but otherwise unharmed Mystic, clutching a badly injured and singed canine to him gently but closely. Of concern was a large bloodspot on his ribs.

"What happened..?" Nikki whispered, shaking her head to clear her thoughts. This was all too similar to before, at least she knew how to fight Golem this time. Her Kirlia looked at her pleadingly, and suddenly her mind flashed with a series of images- Growlithe's suicidal protective jump, his Safeguard, a portion of the Hyper Beam ripping through the bright white veil, and also Azure's success with getting them all to safety. The small Fire-type had saved their lives, so she was grateful. She dug through her pack and her hands met the silken pouch that contained the Sacred Ash (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=52128&postcount=207), from Ho-Oh, a Fire deity, no less. Nikki wasn't sure how to apply it but she ventured a guess and sprinkled the lot over every external wound on Growlithe's body, then discarded the silk pouch into her sidebag. She admired the Growlithe's sheer resilience.

She looked to her two Pokemon that were out of their balls- Mystic and Azure. "Thanks for all your help, I'm really proud of you guys." the trainer said honestly. As if on cue danger alerted itself yet again as a rumbling noise otherwise known as Rollout took Golem into their presence yet again. Mystic carefully made sure Growlithe was out of harm's way. Suddenly the girl had her mind set- Golem needed to stop this brutal rampage. And this time, her Pokemon were a hell of a lot stronger and she knew how to face these brutal beings now, from "previous experience". Azure seemed to be thinking the same thing.

Golem punched the wall, producing Rocks to Throw. One thing Nikki was certain of was that it needed to be dispatched of as quickly as possible lest it continue its path of destruction. "Mystic, Azure, at the ready. Azure, give Golem a double Water Pulse as Mystic uses Giga Drain to replenish his energy some. Mystic, follow up with your deadly Frenzy Plant attack.

Don't let up, guys. Safeguard if need be, Azure."

Amras.MG
24th March 2009, 8:31 PM
Tale: The cave soothes your exhausted body as you examine the cavemarkings, wondering about their meaning. Quickly coming to the conclusion that they are representative of the full moon, you decide to investigate the cave more fully, mind buzzing with questions and possibilities. Looking around, you are only able to make out the previous drawing of a circle, although it looks like no one has touched this cave in a long time... none of the edges are rubbed down, and it appears as though the edges are still relatively rough. Bending down and rubbing your hand against the drawing, you feel something surprising... the wall is pulsing. Gasping, you closely look at the cave ground, and notice that the cave is getting bigger. Apparently, the back wall of the cave is receding into the rest of the cliff. It looks like their is a small light shining through the rock in the back. You're not in any real trouble at the moment, and it's starting to get pretty dark outside...

What will you do?

Psychopath: Praising your Pokemon on a successful first battle, you recall both of them into their Pokeballs for a rest. Your patience with the radical tourists ends abruptly as they start to trail you, and you summon your Weavile to escort the girl to her Grandpa while you confront them. The girl nods and runs off, your blue and white Weavile dashing slightly besider her as she moves away. The tourists glare at you and spring into action. Grabbing your arm, one of the tourist's locks you in a vicegrip-esque move and pins you to the ground while the other removes your Pokeballs, stashing them in a red bag. The rest of the crowd of people gasps at the sudden violence and starts to disperse, not wanting to be involved with the mugging. Yelling loudly, you notice the old man running up to you with his Steelix, which Roars angrily and fires a Hyper Beam at the two men, who are blown back. The girl runs over to you with Weavile, and quickly explains that she met her grandpa halfway down the mountain, as he'd apparently started moving once he noticed the commotion in the square, and unties you. The scoundrels dash past the old man and the Steelix into a motorcycle, and the small vehicle vrooms up the side of the mountain, past the old man's old outpost, still holding your sack of Pokeballs.

The old man jogs over to you and asks you if you're all right, before looking worriedly towards the mountain. He quickly explains that it was his duty to prevent those men from going up there, as there is currently a spiritual ritual occuring at the Rock Pool that could be extremely dangerous if tampered with by outside forces... The old man and girl beckon for you to climb onto the Steelix, who races up the mountain quickly. Turning to you, the old man mentions that you absolutely have to stop them... especially since those Pokemon stealing people are part of a cult that is looking to destroy Cortoza Isle. Freeze nods in agreement, probably wishing for his Pokemon buddies to be back and safe with him. You can see the motorcycle in the near distance, and you're gaining on it quickly. One of the men on the motorcycle fires a flaregun, and a passing Starly swoops down at you, eyes glowing a devilish red, preparing to hit the old man with a Wing Attack...

What will you do?

-Hayward-: You ponder the man's statement intently, and promptly respond to him once his little spiel is finished. Asking the man if you would be paired up, he shrugs and says that usually you are, however the only way to really tell is to look at your holodisk. Thinking about your previous experiences and wondering why Pokemon were attacking Volcanity Inc, you look casually at your disk and notice that you are to be paired up with a man named Deavn tonight, although it looks like he's not here yet. Deciding to get some shut eye in the meantime, you pick a couch and smile as Medeo sits next to you and enters his meditation state, closing his eyes and tuning himself into the rest of the universe. The last thing you see before you succumb to dreamland is the clock slowing ticking...

The room is much darker when you wake up, and Medeo does a ministretch before standing up and motioning to the clock, which is informing you that you have 15 minutes til your shift starts. You grab your stuff and head out to the lobby again, where you see a different receptionist at the counter. Upon seeing your badge, he nods towards you and gives you a bulletproof vest, walkie talkie, headlamp, and nightstick. Saluting you, he gestures towards the door. Outside, the contrast from the day is evident. The only sound you hear is the soft rustling of the ocean and the occasional Pokemon cry. The veteran guard waves to you and instructs you to guard the sea barrier, apologizing profusely for sticking you there without Deavn since he's home sick. The first few minutes of your shift pass quickly, but you notice suddenly that the Pokemon have stopped doing their cries... and suddenly a Wingull whips towards you, blowing you into a rock with a Water Gun.

What will you do?

fishyfool: Upon deciding on the nickname of "Penance" for your Geodudette, you quietly tell Infernape that you're going to be eavesdropping on them a little more closely to find out if they're doing something particularly nasty. The people are still talking quietly, and you're able to pick up that they're some kind of businessmen, using Pokemon for cheap profit. One of the men mentions that they're business would be rather possible with the lack of interpretative laws on the island, and that they could easily run Crystal Lodge out of business by abusing Pokemon. The other person laughs and comments on their current operative, an Ambipom who is running around beating up Pokemon so they can just drive around the forest, throwing out Pokeballs in the comfort of a luxury golf cart. Suddenly, the nurse's knowledge of Ambipom's exploits and his random attack on Aipom make a lot more sense...

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99: Growlithe's suicidal protection of you and your Pokemon tugs at you and Mystic's hearts, and you thank it quietly while pulling out a pouch of Sacred Ash, spreading it over the wounds covering Growlithe's chest. The Ash just sits there, until Mystic leans over and drops a single tear into the wound, which closes up before your very eyes. Growlithe barks weakly, and starts to breathe a little more regularly. It looks like she'll be fine, although she won't be running around anytime soon. Breathing a deep sigh of relief, you congratulate your Pokemon on their successful moves, but are interrupted when Golem appears in the cavern, intent on attacking you. Your will hardens and Azure and Mystic leap into action, Mystic moving Growlithe deeper into the cavern with you, while Azure conjures an orb of Water and Pulses it at the incoming rock, shattering it before firing off another Water Pulse at Golem who grunts as the orb slams into him, dealing very good damage. Mystic glows green and Drains energy from Golem at a Giga rate, gaining some strength back, although the rock beast seems to shrug it off and he rushes Azure, fist blazing as he Punches the ice type with a fist of Fire. Azure stumbles backwards in pain, but is saved from another Fire Punch when Mystic summons the Frenzy of Plants and directs it into Golem, making it Roar in distress. Golem glares at you angrily and Mega Punches Kirlia in the face, slamming the Psychic type into the wall and leaving a deep indent. Azure dashes over to Mystic and summons a Safeguard while Golem summons the Power of the Earth, attempting to finish off Mystic, who looks like he's about to faint. Successfully fending off the Earth Power, Azure sways slightly, getting very tired.

What will you do?

OOC: In retrospect, I've decided to give Mystic and Azure one level each for the aerial maneuvers and this first round of battle.


[Reposts]
Fangirl: You withdraw mentally and decide to rethink your strategy quickly, fighting the urge to get extremely competitive against the Bider. Having had previous bad experiences with that particular move, you notice that Levi's competitive streak was being exposed as well, the water type's eyes narrowing with anger as she launches an Ice Beam at Kricketot, though the opposing Magikarp, Splashes water in the direction of Vaporeon, intercepting the Ice Beam and redirecting it into creating a wall of ice. Magikarp dives into the water and jumps over the ice wall, attempting to Tackle Vaporeon, although Levi is able to dodge it and circles around, pumped up for the battle. Meanwhile, you stare at Flare, sitting on the shore confused at the Bide, having never seen one before. Ordering Flare to help Levi out, the little Cyndaquil Howls loudly, raising her confidence and releases a billowing smoke at the Kricketot, who merely blinks, still glowing red with the Bide. Magikarp suddenly leaps out of the water again and rams itself into Flare really hard, Tackling it for some good damage before Flailing back into the water.

What will you do?

Ytnim: Bolstering your Pokemon's confidence with a small peptalk, you keep your attention tuned to the battle. Manectric growls and rushes Skarmory, tendrils of electricity Sparking through the birds wing while Skarmory is breathing heavily from its Hyper Beam. The bird cries out in pain before Manectric gets close using Quick attack. Blitz' Fangs glow with a bright Fire just before he chomps down on that same wing, and the Skarmory gives a last cry before fainting. Level up for Blitz. Skarmory's form doesn't stay on the ground though, and a red light engulfs the steel bird, summoning it above you and to the right a bit. Dr. Hserf's eyes flash to the location of the beam, and he dashes over to you while Tonic and Rapidash exchange Hydro Pumps and Fire Blasts. The doctor's eyes radiate concern, and he quickly informs you that you need to get going... NOW. Rapidash is knocked against the canyon wall while you're talking, and Tonic uses the opportunity to draw the fire away from you. Grabbing your arm, Dr. Hserf sprints across the canyon and ducks behind a rock. From this angle, it looks as though there is a robot standing just above the cliff where you were, clearly directing Rapidash and supposedly the Skarmory before it. Rapidash neighs in pain, clearly battered by Tonic's Mind Reader-Hydro Pump combination. The robot looks straight at you, and points. Your ears give out for a second, and you feel strange experiencing the world with no sound at all. Dr. Hserf pulls out a mirror from his pocket and aims carefully, and sound comes rushing back at you all at once. It seems he does in fact have some idea of what's going on...

What will you do?

fishyfool
24th March 2009, 8:47 PM
fishyfool: Upon deciding on the nickname of "Penance" for your Geodudette, you quietly tell Infernape that you're going to be eavesdropping on them a little more closely to find out if they're doing something particularly nasty. The people are still talking quietly, and you're able to pick up that they're some kind of businessmen, using Pokemon for cheap profit. One of the men mentions that they're business would be rather possible with the lack of interpretative laws on the island, and that they could easily run Crystal Lodge out of business by abusing Pokemon. The other person laughs and comments on their current operative, an Ambipom who is running around beating up Pokemon so they can just drive around the forest, throwing out Pokeballs in the comfort of a luxury golf cart. Suddenly, the nurse's knowledge of Ambipom's exploits and his random attack on Aipom make a lot more sense...

What will you do?



Listening carefully to the information, Jamie's hands clenched into fists as he restrained his fury at the fact that not only were the men bullying other pokemon, but that the business is indeed a very shady one. Thinking over the situation, and the fact that Volcape utterly devastated said monkey, it would be best to try and shut down their whole operation before things got out of hand. Fortunately the men hadn't noticed him, and with a small nod, he ushered Penance over with a small pouch of candies he had been saving for situations like this.

"Here, chow down on this lot, girl."

As the Geodudette gulped down the treats, her body gave a mystical glow as the properties of the energy-packed orbs brought out the natural powers in her as the pokemon grew greatly in stature, a pair of stubby arms developing beneath her own ones and her irregular hide becoming much more lumpy as the geodude finished her evolution to a Graveler, her eyes giving a look of determination as she ignored her trainer's summoning of Volcape and Wraith towards him as she unleashed further hidden energies to spontaneously evolve once more, her lower arms retracting into her body as her form changed to one more of a sphere.

Turning back to her, Jamie gave a notable eyebrow raise at the sudden evolution to a Golem before grinning and withdrawing the Infernape, whispering that he would need his duties later before beckoning the pair with him as he approached the pair.

"Excuse me, but I thought I heard you mention an Ambipom. It just so happens that one such monkey attacked me and was sent packing after my pokemon thrashed its hide. Care to explain this little venture you're running?" Jamie stated with a commanding tone as he gave his nose a small scratch before pulling a pair of specs out and putting them on.

-Hayward-
25th March 2009, 5:21 AM
Cortoza: The Volcanic Isle
-Hayward-: You ponder the man's statement intently, and promptly respond to him once his little spiel is finished. Asking the man if you would be paired up, he shrugs and says that usually you are, however the only way to really tell is to look at your holodisk. Thinking about your previous experiences and wondering why Pokemon were attacking Volcanity Inc, you look casually at your disk and notice that you are to be paired up with a man named Deavn tonight, although it looks like he's not here yet. Deciding to get some shut eye in the meantime, you pick a couch and smile as Medeo sits next to you and enters his meditation state, closing his eyes and tuning himself into the rest of the universe. The last thing you see before you succumb to dreamland is the clock slowing ticking...

The room is much darker when you wake up, and Medeo does a ministretch before standing up and motioning to the clock, which is informing you that you have 15 minutes til your shift starts. You grab your stuff and head out to the lobby again, where you see a different receptionist at the counter. Upon seeing your badge, he nods towards you and gives you a bulletproof vest, walkie talkie, headlamp, and nightstick. Saluting you, he gestures towards the door. Outside, the contrast from the day is evident. The only sound you hear is the soft rustling of the ocean and the occasional Pokemon cry. The veteran guard waves to you and instructs you to guard the sea barrier, apologizing profusely for sticking you there without Deavn since he's home sick. The first few minutes of your shift pass quickly, but you notice suddenly that the Pokemon have stopped doing their cries... and suddenly a Wingull whips towards you, blowing you into a rock with a Water Gun.

What will you do?



Beep-beep! Beep-beep! Beep-beep! Ben’s grey-green eyes suddenly snapped open as the shrill alarm on his wris****ch roused him from slumber. Almost immediately, he noticed that it was still rather dark. Not quite fully awake yet, he lay on the couch for a moment longer, staring up at the ceiling of an unfamiliar room and wondered where exactly he was and just why he was getting up so early. On an adjacent table, his watch continued to nag him in annoyance. Reluctantly sitting up, he reached over and switched off the pestering chime, muttering “Enough already, I’m awake…” He spied Medeo restfully meditating in the Lotad Position on a nearby chair, in deep communion with the mystical energy of the cosmos. A blissful look crossed the Meditite’s tiny face as he let out a peaceful sigh and slowly blinked open his eyes.

“Did you have a good rest, mate?” Ben asked as his diminutive friend scrambled out of the recliner and briefly ran through a light stretching routine. Medeo paused, then nodded happily before continuing to loosen up. When the Yoga Pokemon had finished, he pointed excitedly at Ben’s black watch. Ben glanced at the indicated timepiece lying on the table, and suddenly remembered that their work shift was supposed to begin in just a few minutes. He quickly collected all his belongings, fastened on his watch, and rushed out of the Lounge; Medeo hurrying after him.

Entering the Lobby, Ben spied an unfamiliar receptionist at the counter. With Medeo by his side, he trotted over to the desk and displayed his ID tag, stating, “I’m Ben Hale and this is Medeo.” He nodded in the direction of his belt-high companion, who beamed back at the desk attendant. “I’m the new security guard. My shift starts in a few minutes.” The receptionist nodded his greeting and handed Ben a bulletproof vest, walkie-talkie, headlamp, and nightstick. Ben bolted in shock when he saw the safety jacket, and wondered if he and Medeo had made the right decision after all in accepting this job. Telling himself it was probably just a precautionary measure like the chip-on-a-cord he presently wore around his neck, Ben thanked the guard and kitted himself out. The desk attendant saluted and motioned towards the massive sliding doors Ben and Medeo had entered earlier that day.

The tranquil sound of the sighing sea mingled with the gentle cries of nocturnal Pokemon and drifted lazily to the pair as they stepped out of Volcanity, Inc. into the warm, tropical night. As Ben took a deep breath of the clear, island air, the receptionist motioned to one side of the building, assigning him the responsibility of protecting the sea barrier. Explaining that Deavn was sick at home, the receptionist quickly apologized that Ben would be on his own tonight, and waved good luck to the teenage trainer. Ben suddenly remembered reading on his holodisk player that Deavn was supposed to have been his co-sentry, and hoped that he and Medeo would have a quiet night. As the doors slid closed, Ben returned his wave; assuring the veteran desk attendant that he did have Medeo and would therefore be okay.

Standing outside of the imposing research facility, Ben switched on his headlamp, turned to Medeo, and spoke, “Well, mate, I suppose we better head over to the sea barrier.” Medeo nodded and followed Ben to their security post. The first few minutes of the shift were uneventful, passing in almost no time, and Ben momentarily wondered why he had ever been so worried in the first place. As Ben and Medeo continued their rounds, without warning, a wild Wingull suddenly swooped out of the darkened sky and Gunned them with a forceful spray of Water, knocking the startled twosome into a nearby rock. Momentarily stunned, they lost sight of the little seabird.

Ben was on his feet in an instant, dripping wet and wiping water out of his eyes with the back of his hand. “What do you think that was all about, mate?!” he exclaimed, as Medeo nimbly sprang up beside him, forcibly shaking his onion-shaped head from side-to-side in an effort to dislodge the water from his ears. An irritated expression crossed the face of the small Meditite as he looked at the teenage trainer and shrugged doubtfully. Just then Ben remembered the chess-playing security guards' warnings about the increase in both the amount and ferocity of unprovoked attacks from wild Pokemon and cautioned his little partner. “Look sharp now, mate,” he advised. Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, he thought hard to come up with a strategy. After a moment of consideration, he spoke, “No one’s going to take us by surprise again. See if you can DETECT (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml”) any incoming attacks from Wingull, or any other wild Pokemon. If it breathes, hit it with VACUUM WAVE (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9432764&postcount=842”). Let’s see if we can get them before they get us.” Medeo nodded his understanding and quickly adopted the offensive kung-fu posture known as the Enlightened Kricketune Ambush, eager for some action…


__________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Tale
25th March 2009, 10:23 PM
Tale: The cave soothes your exhausted body as you examine the cavemarkings, wondering about their meaning. Quickly coming to the conclusion that they are representative of the full moon, you decide to investigate the cave more fully, mind buzzing with questions and possibilities. Looking around, you are only able to make out the previous drawing of a circle, although it looks like no one has touched this cave in a long time... none of the edges are rubbed down, and it appears as though the edges are still relatively rough. Bending down and rubbing your hand against the drawing, you feel something surprising... the wall is pulsing. Gasping, you closely look at the cave ground, and notice that the cave is getting bigger. Apparently, the back wall of the cave is receding into the rest of the cliff. It looks like their is a small light shining through the rock in the back. You're not in any real trouble at the moment, and it's starting to get pretty dark outside...

What will you do?


As anticipated, his intensive exploration of the cave acquired him no further discovery beyond the circle that initially grasped his attention. Concluding to scour every inch of the drawing as a subsequent plan, his caressing of the drawing offered him little more than the recognition of its lack of erosion. Until, of course, the wall began to pulse.

With a yelp, he threw his hand from the wall, watching it with an enthralled gaze. His anticipation was finally satiated as the cave around him commenced a thrilling expansion in which his wayward imagination revelled. It was as though his prospected adventure was unfolding with results so satisfying that he began to doubt its reality. He stood, mesmerised at the event occurring before him, and without the slightest hint of retrospect, his mind was set upon further exploration of this cave. As a light pierced the cave from within, he lunged forwards. Expecting the requisite for aid, he grasped at the Pokeball that encased Simone - his Houndour - before throwing to the ground at his feet, releasing the fervent pup with an eerie howl that filled the expanding cave.

“Why hello, Simone.” He ran an open hand across the skull-cap of his unresponsive companion, unsurprised by her dry reaction but never disheartened. He gestured the light before them, “I don’t suppose you’d mind some swift excavating? I’d like to see what delights this mysterious cave will bestow on the two of us.” With impassive languidness, Simone approached the rock and aided, to what seemed to be the best of her ability without knowing how to dig, Oscar in attempting to loosen the rock. Whether their attempts would yield any successful result, however, was unknowable.

Psychopath
30th March 2009, 5:53 AM
Psychopath: Praising your Pokemon on a successful first battle, you recall both of them into their Pokeballs for a rest. Your patience with the radical tourists ends abruptly as they start to trail you, and you summon your Weavile to escort the girl to her Grandpa while you confront them. The girl nods and runs off, your blue and white Weavile dashing slightly besider her as she moves away. The tourists glare at you and spring into action. Grabbing your arm, one of the tourist's locks you in a vicegrip-esque move and pins you to the ground while the other removes your Pokeballs, stashing them in a red bag. The rest of the crowd of people gasps at the sudden violence and starts to disperse, not wanting to be involved with the mugging. Yelling loudly, you notice the old man running up to you with his Steelix, which Roars angrily and fires a Hyper Beam at the two men, who are blown back. The girl runs over to you with Weavile, and quickly explains that she met her grandpa halfway down the mountain, as he'd apparently started moving once he noticed the commotion in the square, and unties you. The scoundrels dash past the old man and the Steelix into a motorcycle, and the small vehicle vrooms up the side of the mountain, past the old man's old outpost, still holding your sack of Pokeballs.

The old man jogs over to you and asks you if you're all right, before looking worriedly towards the mountain. He quickly explains that it was his duty to prevent those men from going up there, as there is currently a spiritual ritual occuring at the Rock Pool that could be extremely dangerous if tampered with by outside forces... The old man and girl beckon for you to climb onto the Steelix, who races up the mountain quickly. Turning to you, the old man mentions that you absolutely have to stop them... especially since those Pokemon stealing people are part of a cult that is looking to destroy Cortoza Isle. Freeze nods in agreement, probably wishing for his Pokemon buddies to be back and safe with him. You can see the motorcycle in the near distance, and you're gaining on it quickly. One of the men on the motorcycle fires a flaregun, and a passing Starly swoops down at you, eyes glowing a devilish red, preparing to hit the old man with a Wing Attack...

What will you do?


Tyson worriedly looked on as he rode the Steelix, he felt uneasy as the scenery passed. Quickly he looked at Freeze, although he was one of the strongest members on the team he was worried the tourists might use his other pokemon as shields. He had to come up with a plan at a swift pase, as a few seconds could lead him to victory. Or defeat. " Freeze, time is not aiding us at the moment and the farther they get, the less likely we get to see everyone alse." They both thought of the pokemon they would lose if they didn't save them: Valor, Nita, Digga', Mortimer, Slice, Palladium, Thunderfuzz, and Chador. The stakes that they had to overcome were too great to lose. He looked at Freeze who nodded in agreement, he would risk his life for all the others, so would Tyson. He looked at the riders, they outmatched him in speed, but they only had the road, while the Steelix could go anywhere. "Freeze, once we get close to the riders try to jam their tires or similar machinery with an ice beam. If they stop quick attack the guy with the pokeball sack to get them back."

Then he saw the flare, and the Starly swooping at the man. "Freeze... freeze its wings with that ice beam from earlier, if it comes back do it again. That should probably do it, for now." Freeze began gathering ice energy in its hands, hopefully his wouldn't slow then down.

Amras.MG
31st March 2009, 6:18 PM
fishyfool: Your small Geodudette evolves into a Golem in the center of the relaxation room after being treated to a bunch of rare candies. After recalling Infernape, you approach the pair of people that you'd overheard before, putting on your sternest look and inflecting your voice with a commanding tone. The men turn slightly as you approach them, and look warily at you as you reprimand them, demanding an explanation. The man on the right, a stocky, well-built military-esque brute, glares at you as his companion, a crisp businessman, grins cockily in your direction. Sarcastically complimenting you on your keen eavesdropping skills, he presses a button on his watch and motions for you to look at a holoscreen on the wall. You gasp as it shows a Pokemon labor camp producing cheap furniture and other technological objects... and nearly throw up as you see a human whip a small Wooper who wasn't working fast enough.

"Pokemon labor is free, and we can run it under the disguise of being a Pokemon Training group. We trained that Ambipom to beat up wild Pokemon so we can just ride around and catch them. Watcha gonna do about it?" And with that, the two men walk cockily out the door, laughing at the nerve of trying to hold them accountable. A businesscard falls to the ground from the businessman's pocket...

Howard Spovelli, Volcanity Inc.

What will you do?

-Hayward-: Meditite springs up swiftly, clearing the water off his body in a few quick movements before looking at you for guidance as to what to do. Recalling the security guard's warning about wild Pokemon, you strategize a counteroffensive, ordering Meditite to Detect any attacks. The small Pokemon closes his eyes and stretches out his senses, settling on the form of a Wingull flying down for a second pass. Meditite stands there calmly, in complete meditation and jumps over a Wing Attack from the sea gull. The Wingull gawks at the shape of a Meditite above him and then sqwaks as he is hit by a Vacuum Wave from above him, slamming the bird into the sand. Wingull glares angrily at Meditite and Quickly Attacks him, hitting Meditite for a little damage, although it didn't do as much as it should of due to Meditite still being in a state of meditation and awareness. Seeing the ineffectiveness of its attack, Wingull soars around again, a Supersonic wave from its mouth interrupting Medeo's medititative stance and causing it to grip its ears in pain.

What will you do?

Tale: You smile widely as your search pays off, and quickly summon your Houndour, Simone, to accompany you as you gaze upon the receding wall. The light begins to grow brighter and your actions seem to pay off as a beam of pure light spills out of the wall, shattering through the wall in a burst of magnificence. A sense of foreboding spills through you as the overwhelming light dissipates, and you gasp. The sight in front of you is terrible, it looks like a torture chamber of ancient kind, and there are skulls everywhere. The chamber is no longer filled with light, and a low moaning can be heard from a far corner of the room. However, once you move towards it, the entire scene dissolves in midair, leaving a large platform visible. A platform surrounded by torches. Your heart skips a beat and the usually stoic Simone whimpers, pointing to the corner of the room seen before in the vision. A foot is sticking out past the length of the platform, oozing blood. Listening closer, you can hear the same moaning from before... only lower.

What will you do?

psychopath: The Steelix races up the mountainside, it's giant links of rock and steel grinding as the big Pokemon grunts. Conversing with Freeze quickly, you set an iron resolve to save your fellow Pokemon... no matter what. The Weavile at your side gives a grim nod and jumps to the very top of Steelix' head, charging an orb of Ice in front of him before firing it as a Beam at the motorcycle. The man in control swerves to avoid the beam, losing control for a quick second as Starly flies straight down at the old man. Weavile jumps in front of the man, firing the last remnants of the Ice Beam at Starly, who smashes straight through it, the odd red look still in his eye as he smashes into Weavile. Freeze jumps up, clearly angry, and fires another Ice Beam at the bird, who pulls a circular maneuver to dodge it and hits Freeze with a Wing of Steel. Weavile grunts it off, but looks incredibly angry at the Starly. Across the way a bit, the motorcar seems to be moving a bit slower due to ice in the mechanisms, but it's still going strong.

What will you do?

Amras.MG
31st March 2009, 11:08 PM
Apologies to Arcanumghost for missing you. Sorry!

Arcanumghost: You recall your small baby Lyre, not wanting her to be in the midst of the battle to come. Recalling your Horsea and summoning your Sableye in one swift movement, you quickly teach Lucy Firestream, and order your Pokemon into battle. Electivire Roars loudly and jumps down into the cavern, electricity crackling around it once again, but grunts as it is Quickly Attacked by Adam. Electivire stumbles back and trips over a Diglett, giving Adam the opportunity to follow up with a double Sand Attack, making the Electivire roar in pain as his eyes start to tear up. Meanwhile, Lucy opens her maw and releases a Firestream at Forretress, who shudders in pain before thinking to Rapid Spin the fire off of it. Sableye grins at its success and leaps up onto a ledge. The Diglett seem to suddenly get an idea and start protruding out of the wall in strategic places to let Sableye use them as a stepping stone of sorts. Dashing up the ladder of Diglett, Lucy's eyes glow with a ghostly energy and she hits Forretress with a Night Shade, although the weird buggy merely shrugs it off. Sableye leaps off the last Diglett, Scratching at Forretress with a load of momentum, slamming the Bagworm more than 30 feet down and into the ground, dealing massive damage despite Forretress' Steel typing. Forretress groans and Protects itself as an Earth Power envelopes it, burying it before it quickly Rapid Spins out of the pseudograve. It seems that a lot of Diglett put together were able to manage an Earth Power attack...

What will you do?

Tale
1st April 2009, 1:18 AM
Tale: You smile widely as your search pays off, and quickly summon your Houndour, Simone, to accompany you as you gaze upon the receding wall. The light begins to grow brighter and your actions seem to pay off as a beam of pure light spills out of the wall, shattering through the wall in a burst of magnificence. A sense of foreboding spills through you as the overwhelming light dissipates, and you gasp. The sight in front of you is terrible, it looks like a torture chamber of ancient kind, and there are skulls everywhere. The chamber is no longer filled with light, and a low moaning can be heard from a far corner of the room. However, once you move towards it, the entire scene dissolves in midair, leaving a large platform visible. A platform surrounded by torches. Your heart skips a beat and the usually stoic Simone whimpers, pointing to the corner of the room seen before in the vision. A foot is sticking out past the length of the platform, oozing blood. Listening closer, you can hear the same moaning from before... only lower.

What will you do?

As the light dissipated, the terror burst from his bloated heart like a poison. A torture chamber - that was indubitable - had taken form from behind the expanding cave of Mt. Pele. As though they presently reverberated from the stony walls, those screams alluded to by the numerous rumours surrounding the shrine attacked his imagination, their grave validation all too assured by the morbid carpet of skulls. From an indistinguishable corner, a chilling moan echoed, catching his attention and affixing it upon that very location for a lengthy moment. His resoluteness, however, sustained by unremitting passion, did not dissolve. To have turned away would have been to deny not only his nature, but his right to the exploration of a discovery he’d ascertained through diligent curiosity and enthusiasm.

Baring his pride in mind, Oscar stepped forwards. Then, as if it were a vision to taunt, the image of the chamber vanished, to be replaced by a torch-lit platform. Helplessly startled by the sudden transition and substantially disorientated by the illusions, Oscar took a cautionary step backwards, swiftly returning Simone to her Pokeball as a whimper indicated her discomfort. From the platform protruded a bloody foot. Upon this, Oscar was transfixed, until a second, lower moan prompted him into action.

“Reveal yourself!” He demanded, taking another bold step into the unknown. In his mind, he could ascribe this particular scenario to one presence, one which he’d never believed he’d eventually encounter during all his eager years of exploration and adventure: zombies.

The notion was undeniable. Surely, this malicious presence, perturbed by his infiltration and inevitably agitated by his impetuosity, would at some point react. Should this presence happen to have been evident living dead, then his hands were unquestionably full. His heart leapt at the realisation that the mysteries of Pele’s shrine were gradually unfurling before his very eyes. Driven by zeal, he stepped forwards, in an attempt to better distinguish the inhabitant and prompt a reaction.

arcanumghost
1st April 2009, 5:41 AM
Apologies to Arcanumghost for missing you. Sorry!

Arcanumghost: You recall your small baby Lyre, not wanting her to be in the midst of the battle to come. Recalling your Horsea and summoning your Sableye in one swift movement, you quickly teach Lucy Firestream, and order your Pokemon into battle. Electivire Roars loudly and jumps down into the cavern, electricity crackling around it once again, but grunts as it is Quickly Attacked by Adam. Electivire stumbles back and trips over a Diglett, giving Adam the opportunity to follow up with a double Sand Attack, making the Electivire roar in pain as his eyes start to tear up. Meanwhile, Lucy opens her maw and releases a Firestream at Forretress, who shudders in pain before thinking to Rapid Spin the fire off of it. Sableye grins at its success and leaps up onto a ledge. The Diglett seem to suddenly get an idea and start protruding out of the wall in strategic places to let Sableye use them as a stepping stone of sorts. Dashing up the ladder of Diglett, Lucy's eyes glow with a ghostly energy and she hits Forretress with a Night Shade, although the weird buggy merely shrugs it off. Sableye leaps off the last Diglett, Scratching at Forretress with a load of momentum, slamming the Bagworm more than 30 feet down and into the ground, dealing massive damage despite Forretress' Steel typing. Forretress groans and Protects itself as an Earth Power envelopes it, burying it before it quickly Rapid Spins out of the pseudograve. It seems that a lot of Diglett put together were able to manage an Earth Power attack...

What will you do?

Immediately after Arcanum announced his orders as quickly as he could muster, the Electivire was upon them in the cavern. It roared loudly as it did, but it was too slow to effect a change upon Adam's Quick Attack that slammed in to the large thunderbolt pokémon. Arcanum's heart lifted slightly when he saw the Electivire stumble back and subsequently trip over a Diglett that had been close behind, but his face was still very serious, and he quickly refocused his feelings on how difficult a battle lay ahead of him and his two pokemon. Adam glanced quickly up at the Forretress as the Electivire is falling and realizes that using a Sand Attack on the Forretress as well would have him traveling too far and leave Electivire to deal damage to other enemies. Arcanum felt a small swell of pride as he saw Adam modify his attack to damage Electivire more due to the change in the enemies' positions. "That's perfect Adam! Just focus on Electivire, Lucy can take care of the Forretress!" he said encouragingly to Adam. Adam proceeded to use Sand Attack two distinct times on the Electivire, causing further aggravated roars to escape its mouth with tears welling up in his eyes. The Electivire had obviously been dazed by the attacks, which would make it much easier to follow up with some serious damage.

Lucy had managed to unleash a Firestream at the Forretress, which the poor pokémon was too slow to react to. It had been singed, and the Sableye grinned in its typical sadistic way as it leaped up on a ledge to begin getting closer to the bug/steel pokémon. The Diglett acted in perfect harmony with the Sableye, creating a series of steps with their tough bodies, protruding from holes in the earth. As the darkness pokémon closed the gap between itself and the Forretress, its eyes began to glow with a dark energy, and Forretress is hit with Night Shade. The strange trainer's Forretress wasn't damaged by the attack, but it was just enough for Lucy's next attack to be a resounding success. As Forretress blinked and shook off the Night Shade, Lucy came within striking distance, leaping nimbly off the last Diglett, and unleashed all her momentum in to her dark purple claws that slammed in to the Forretress so hard it looked like a fighting pokémon's punch instead. The Forretress came to a stop several feet away, a scar in the ground leading up to where it finally came to a rest. A strange cry came from the hole the Forretress lay in, and it Protected itself just in time to prevent damage from an Earth Power that made Arcanum wheel around to try and identify the source... it came out of nowhere! The Diglett again showed impressive coordination by managing to use such a powerful attack, these Diglett surely had developed flawless communication and team-work skills over the life of the colony, and were willing to use them to the fullest to protect their precious home. The Forretress managed to Rapid Spin out of the tomb it found itself in, but it, like the Electivire, was showing its pain, even if it was less obvious than the roars coming from the Electivire.

Arcanum then had a brilliant idea. Adam also knew Earth Power, and what a perfect strike it would be if all the Diglett and Adam managed to coordinate their efforts, what a powerful Ground attack that would be! It could knock the Electivire out so quickly! But first, Arcanum turned to his Sableye to give it some quick orders to keep the Forretress occupied - the last thing Arcanum could afford is letting the two pokémon work together against him and his allies. "Lucy! I need you to keep the Forretress occupied while we finish off the Electivire down here! Scratch the Forretress as hard as you can, get some distance from it, and use Night Shade followed by Firestream again!" Arcanum then turned towards Adam and explained his plan. "Ok guys, I'm going to count to three, and on three I want both Adam and all the Diglett to use Earth Power. Until I get to three, Adam, use Focus Energy twice so it has as much force as possible. Adam, start charging! One...... Two...... THREE!!!"
Thanks for the speedy, yet excellent update Amras.MG!

Amras.MG
4th April 2009, 7:07 PM
Tale: You recall your Houndour, Simone, and cautiously take a few steps closer to the weird sight, dread rising in your gut as you contemplate the possibility of zombies or some other strange creature. The low moaning gets more intense, and around the corner you find something more horrible than the worst zombie. The acrid smell of rotting, burnt flesh fills your nostrils, and you make out the words... help... Laying in front of you is no zombie. Laying in front of you is a human, missing his left arm and right leg, blood slowly oozing out of the exposed veins. A reflexive gag shoots up through your stomach, and the man groans again, the exposed nerves in his throat trembling with the effort. One of his eyes catches your shadow, while the other hangs out of the socket uselessly.

Misery... make it... stop...

Your eye catches something it had missed before. Kneeling at his side is a Ralts, its body convulsing with pain and rage. The small Psychic type snaps his neck up towards you, eyes glaring a deep blood red. It jumps towards you, waves of Psychic energy curling out towards you.

What will you do?

arcanumghost: The teamwork and collective power of the Diglett make you smile; perhaps this situation isn't quite as bad as it looked before! Deciding to ask the Diglett to coordinate their movements and techniques, you quickly order Lucy to keep Forretress busy while you help the Diglett, and nod in approval as Sableye leaps at Forretress, claws glinting. Adam starts to Focus all his Energy while Sableye hits Forretress hard with a Scratch, although this time the steel bug shrugs off the attack, flinging Sableye against the wall with a powerful Flash Cannon. Lucy blasts a ghostly Night Shade at Forretress, who uses a Rapid Spin to break the momentum of the beam, shooting a Spike at Sableye, while she burns it up with a Firestream, preventing a bad situation. The Diglett Growl and summon the Power of the Earth along with Adam, forming a giant fist of earth the slams into Electivire, bashing it against the wall. The Diglett sway and the earth shifts, pulsing around the electric type and forming a giant orb, while Electivire moans in pain. A giant spot of yellow appears through the earthen orb, and with a Discharge of energy the Electivire bursts out of his trap. A giant Roar escapes from her maw and he sweeps a large portion of the Diglett aside with an Icy Wind, eye glowing with hatred.

What will you do?

Amras.MG
4th April 2009, 7:08 PM
Tale: You recall your Houndour, Simone, and cautiously take a few steps closer to the weird sight, dread rising in your gut as you contemplate the possibility of zombies or some other strange creature. The low moaning gets more intense, and around the corner you find something more horrible than the worst zombie. The acrid smell of rotting, burnt flesh fills your nostrils, and you make out the words... help... Laying in front of you is no zombie. Laying in front of you is a human, missing his left arm and right leg, blood slowly oozing out of the exposed veins. A reflexive gag shoots up through your stomach, and the man groans again, the exposed nerves in his throat trembling with the effort. One of his eyes catches your shadow, while the other hangs out of the socket uselessly.

Misery... make it... stop...

Your eye catches something it had missed before. Kneeling at his side is a Ralts, its body convulsing with pain and rage. The small Psychic type snaps his neck up towards you, eyes glaring a deep blood red. It jumps towards you, waves of Psychic energy curling out towards you.

What will you do?

arcanumghost: The teamwork and collective power of the Diglett make you smile; perhaps this situation isn't quite as bad as it looked before! Deciding to ask the Diglett to coordinate their movements and techniques, you quickly order Lucy to keep Forretress busy while you help the Diglett, and nod in approval as Sableye leaps at Forretress, claws glinting. Adam starts to Focus all his Energy while Sableye hits Forretress hard with a Scratch, although this time the steel bug shrugs off the attack, flinging Sableye against the wall with a powerful Flash Cannon. Lucy blasts a ghostly Night Shade at Forretress, who uses a Rapid Spin to break the momentum of the beam, shooting a Spike at Sableye, while she burns it up with a Firestream, preventing a bad situation. The Diglett Growl and summon the Power of the Earth along with Adam, forming a giant fist of earth the slams into Electivire, bashing it against the wall. The Diglett sway and the earth shifts, pulsing around the electric type and forming a giant orb, while Electivire moans in pain. A giant spot of yellow appears through the earthen orb, and with a Discharge of energy the Electivire bursts out of his trap. A giant Roar escapes from her maw and he sweeps a large portion of the Diglett aside with an Icy Wind, eye glowing with hatred.

What will you do?

Amras.MG
4th April 2009, 7:10 PM
Tale: You recall your Houndour, Simone, and cautiously take a few steps closer to the weird sight, dread rising in your gut as you contemplate the possibility of zombies or some other strange creature. The low moaning gets more intense, and around the corner you find something more horrible than the worst zombie. The acrid smell of rotting, burnt flesh fills your nostrils, and you make out the words... help... Laying in front of you is no zombie. Laying in front of you is a human, missing his left arm and right leg, blood slowly oozing out of the exposed veins. A reflexive gag shoots up through your stomach, and the man groans again, the exposed nerves in his throat trembling with the effort. One of his eyes catches your shadow, while the other hangs out of the socket uselessly. Misery... make it... stop... Your eye catches something it had missed before. Kneeling at his side is a Ralts, its body convulsing with pain and rage. The small Psychic type snaps his neck up towards you, eyes glaring a deep blood red. It jumps towards you, waves of Psychic energy curling out towards you.

What will you do?

arcanumghost: The teamwork and collective power of the Diglett make you smile; perhaps this situation isn't quite as bad as it looked before! Deciding to ask the Diglett to coordinate their movements and techniques, you quickly order Lucy to keep Forretress busy while you help the Diglett, and nod in approval as Sableye leaps at Forretress, claws glinting. Adam starts to Focus all his Energy while Sableye hits Forretress hard with a Scratch, although this time the steel bug shrugs off the attack, flinging Sableye against the wall with a powerful Flash Cannon. Lucy blasts a ghostly Night Shade at Forretress, who uses a Rapid Spin to break the momentum of the beam, shooting a Spike at Sableye, while she burns it up with a Firestream, preventing a bad situation. The Diglett Growl and summon the Power of the Earth along with Adam, forming a giant fist of earth the slams into Electivire, bashing it against the wall. The Diglett sway and the earth shifts, pulsing around the electric type and forming a giant orb, while Electivire moans in pain. A giant spot of yellow appears through the earthen orb, and with a Discharge of energy the Electivire bursts out of his trap. A giant Roar escapes from her maw and he sweeps a large portion of the Diglett aside with an Icy Wind, eye glowing with hatred.

What will you do?

-Hayward-
4th April 2009, 7:34 PM
-Hayward-: Meditite springs up swiftly, clearing the water off his body in a few quick movements before looking at you for guidance as to what to do. Recalling the security guard's warning about wild Pokemon, you strategize a counteroffensive, ordering Meditite to Detect any attacks. The small Pokemon closes his eyes and stretches out his senses, settling on the form of a Wingull flying down for a second pass. Meditite stands there calmly, in complete meditation and jumps over a Wing Attack from the sea gull. The Wingull gawks at the shape of a Meditite above him and then sqwaks as he is hit by a Vacuum Wave from above him, slamming the bird into the sand. Wingull glares angrily at Meditite and Quickly Attacks him, hitting Meditite for a little damage, although it didn't do as much as it should of due to Meditite still being in a state of meditation and awareness. Seeing the ineffectiveness of its attack, Wingull soars around again, a Supersonic wave from its mouth interrupting Medeo's medititative stance and causing it to grip its ears in pain.

What will you do?

The piercing cry of the angry, wild Wingull echoed in the ears of the trainer Benjamin Hale as he stood near the Sea Barrier outside the enormous research facility, Volcanity, Inc. Wincing, Ben quickly turned his grey-green eyes toward his diminutive companion, Medeo. As the light from his headlamp bathed the lithe little Meditite in its dim, phosphorescent glow, Ben noticed that the Yoga Pokemon had not escaped the effects of the small seabird’s Supersonic onslaught either. With a pained look on his face, Medeo held his tiny hands to the side of his onion-shaped head in a vain attempt to block out the shrill noise.

“Snap out of it mate! Wingull is just trying to confuse you! Remember your tranquillity training!” Ben encouraged Medeo. “Before Wingull comes back, MEDITATE (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml”) and clear your mind!”

With the warnings of Bill and Ted, his chess-playing, fellow security guards, still fresh in his thoughts, the teenage trainer wasted no time in issuing further instructions to his diminutive companion. Dragging a hand through his short brown hair he continued, “When Wingull does come around for another pass, try to hit it with a PSYCHO CUT (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9501221&postcount=862”)! Look sharp and be ready to defend with PROTECT (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9568566&postcount=6”) if it tries to attack.”

__________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

fishyfool
5th April 2009, 4:15 PM
fishyfool: Your small Geodudette evolves into a Golem in the center of the relaxation room after being treated to a bunch of rare candies. After recalling Infernape, you approach the pair of people that you'd overheard before, putting on your sternest look and inflecting your voice with a commanding tone. The men turn slightly as you approach them, and look warily at you as you reprimand them, demanding an explanation. The man on the right, a stocky, well-built military-esque brute, glares at you as his companion, a crisp businessman, grins cockily in your direction. Sarcastically complimenting you on your keen eavesdropping skills, he presses a button on his watch and motions for you to look at a holoscreen on the wall. You gasp as it shows a Pokemon labor camp producing cheap furniture and other technological objects... and nearly throw up as you see a human whip a small Wooper who wasn't working fast enough.

"Pokemon labor is free, and we can run it under the disguise of being a Pokemon Training group. We trained that Ambipom to beat up wild Pokemon so we can just ride around and catch them. Watcha gonna do about it?" And with that, the two men walk cockily out the door, laughing at the nerve of trying to hold them accountable. A businesscard falls to the ground from the businessman's pocket...

Howard Spovelli, Volcanity Inc.

What will you do?



Jamie stood, simmering with rage as the sights he witnessed on the holoscreen, including the merciless whipping of a mere Wooper, infuriated him. As the businessman and bulky human walked out of the door, Penance lifted the small card from the floor after it had fell out and handed it to Jamie, the trainer noting the point of it being at Volcanity Inc.

With some thought, he nodded to the Golem and Mudkip, recalling the latter before heading out of the lounge and towards the receptionist, hoping to enquire about the health of the injured Aipom and the events he overheard inside the room, as well as seeking directions to Volcanity. He wasn't planning on complaining about it, but rather to find a way inside and destroy the illegtimate business, something he wished to keep between himself and his team.

Amras.MG
7th April 2009, 4:42 AM
-Hayward-: Medeo begins to Meditate in an attempt to block out the Supersonic waves bombarding his head, and you smile as his expression calms, the Meditative technique rending Wingull's attack ineffective. Wingull caws, and your order Meditite to use a Psycho Cut as Wingull comes for another pass. Wingull fires a Gun like stream of Water at Meditate, who just sits there, leaping up at the last second. As Wingull passes below the Fighting/Psychic type, Medeo's eyes snap open, and his arm begins to glow with a brilliant purple. The Psycho Cut deals good damage to the sea bird, slamming it down into the sand and filling Wingull's beak with the small stones. Medeo lands agilely on his feet, summoning up a Protect as Wingull fires a Water Pulse. The orb of concentrated water splashes against the Protective shield, but as the layer recedes, Wingull moves in for a Wing Attack, striking Medeo hard and flinging him against the sand. Wingull Quickly follows up with another Attack, forcing Medeo on the defensive, although the bird seems to be tiring from its repeated attempts to take down yourself and Meditite...

What will you do?

fishyfool: The rage practically pours out of you as you are forced to view the atrocities against a helpless Pokemon. Deciding to recall Mudkip and move back towards the receptionist, you quickly check up on the status of the injured Aipom, and are pleased to hear that he is doing much better. However, the Nurse at the counter says the little fellow is lonely, and that he's got some itchy feet; "why not take him with you?" The nurse explains that he's being plagued by dreams of the Ambipom, and it's her medical opinion that being on the move will help him. The subject changes to your sudden departure, and if the lady is surprised at your quick turnaround, she doesn't say anything about it. Grabbing a map to the VRI building, she quickly marks the route with a highlighter, but quickly marks an alternate route.

"The first road I've marked is used mainly by the indigenous folk of the island, so it's less charted and you can run into more trouble there. This path is also a bit more dangerous this time of year, and it can tend to flood. The other path takes a bit longer, but is much more safe. Remember, if you ever decide to come back, I can get you in for free. Have a nice trip, sir!"

What will you do?


[Reposts]
Fangirl: You withdraw mentally and decide to rethink your strategy quickly, fighting the urge to get extremely competitive against the Bider. Having had previous bad experiences with that particular move, you notice that Levi's competitive streak was being exposed as well, the water type's eyes narrowing with anger as she launches an Ice Beam at Kricketot, though the opposing Magikarp, Splashes water in the direction of Vaporeon, intercepting the Ice Beam and redirecting it into creating a wall of ice. Magikarp dives into the water and jumps over the ice wall, attempting to Tackle Vaporeon, although Levi is able to dodge it and circles around, pumped up for the battle. Meanwhile, you stare at Flare, sitting on the shore confused at the Bide, having never seen one before. Ordering Flare to help Levi out, the little Cyndaquil Howls loudly, raising her confidence and releases a billowing smoke at the Kricketot, who merely blinks, still glowing red with the Bide. Magikarp suddenly leaps out of the water again and rams itself into Flare really hard, Tackling it for some good damage before Flailing back into the water.

What will you do?

Ytnim: Bolstering your Pokemon's confidence with a small peptalk, you keep your attention tuned to the battle. Manectric growls and rushes Skarmory, tendrils of electricity Sparking through the birds wing while Skarmory is breathing heavily from its Hyper Beam. The bird cries out in pain before Manectric gets close using Quick attack. Blitz' Fangs glow with a bright Fire just before he chomps down on that same wing, and the Skarmory gives a last cry before fainting. Level up for Blitz. Skarmory's form doesn't stay on the ground though, and a red light engulfs the steel bird, summoning it above you and to the right a bit. Dr. Hserf's eyes flash to the location of the beam, and he dashes over to you while Tonic and Rapidash exchange Hydro Pumps and Fire Blasts. The doctor's eyes radiate concern, and he quickly informs you that you need to get going... NOW. Rapidash is knocked against the canyon wall while you're talking, and Tonic uses the opportunity to draw the fire away from you. Grabbing your arm, Dr. Hserf sprints across the canyon and ducks behind a rock. From this angle, it looks as though there is a robot standing just above the cliff where you were, clearly directing Rapidash and supposedly the Skarmory before it. Rapidash neighs in pain, clearly battered by Tonic's Mind Reader-Hydro Pump combination. The robot looks straight at you, and points. Your ears give out for a second, and you feel strange experiencing the world with no sound at all. Dr. Hserf pulls out a mirror from his pocket and aims carefully, and sound comes rushing back at you all at once. It seems he does in fact have some idea of what's going on...

What will you do?

Tale: You recall your Houndour, Simone, and cautiously take a few steps closer to the weird sight, dread rising in your gut as you contemplate the possibility of zombies or some other strange creature. The low moaning gets more intense, and around the corner you find something more horrible than the worst zombie. The acrid smell of rotting, burnt flesh fills your nostrils, and you make out the words... help... Laying in front of you is no zombie. Laying in front of you is a human, missing his left arm and right leg, blood slowly oozing out of the exposed veins. A reflexive gag shoots up through your stomach, and the man groans again, the exposed nerves in his throat trembling with the effort. One of his eyes catches your shadow, while the other hangs out of the socket uselessly.

Misery... make it... stop...

Your eye catches something it had missed before. Kneeling at his side is a Ralts, its body convulsing with pain and rage. The small Psychic type snaps his neck up towards you, eyes glaring a deep blood red. It jumps towards you, waves of Psychic energy curling out towards you.

What will you do?

arcanumghost: The teamwork and collective power of the Diglett make you smile; perhaps this situation isn't quite as bad as it looked before! Deciding to ask the Diglett to coordinate their movements and techniques, you quickly order Lucy to keep Forretress busy while you help the Diglett, and nod in approval as Sableye leaps at Forretress, claws glinting. Adam starts to Focus all his Energy while Sableye hits Forretress hard with a Scratch, although this time the steel bug shrugs off the attack, flinging Sableye against the wall with a powerful Flash Cannon. Lucy blasts a ghostly Night Shade at Forretress, who uses a Rapid Spin to break the momentum of the beam, shooting a Spike at Sableye, while she burns it up with a Firestream, preventing a bad situation. The Diglett Growl and summon the Power of the Earth along with Adam, forming a giant fist of earth the slams into Electivire, bashing it against the wall. The Diglett sway and the earth shifts, pulsing around the electric type and forming a giant orb, while Electivire moans in pain. A giant spot of yellow appears through the earthen orb, and with a Discharge of energy the Electivire bursts out of his trap. A giant Roar escapes from her maw and he sweeps a large portion of the Diglett aside with an Icy Wind, eye glowing with hatred.

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99: Growlithe's suicidal protection of you and your Pokemon tugs at you and Mystic's hearts, and you thank it quietly while pulling out a pouch of Sacred Ash, spreading it over the wounds covering Growlithe's chest. The Ash just sits there, until Mystic leans over and drops a single tear into the wound, which closes up before your very eyes. Growlithe barks weakly, and starts to breathe a little more regularly. It looks like she'll be fine, although she won't be running around anytime soon. Breathing a deep sigh of relief, you congratulate your Pokemon on their successful moves, but are interrupted when Golem appears in the cavern, intent on attacking you. Your will hardens and Azure and Mystic leap into action, Mystic moving Growlithe deeper into the cavern with you, while Azure conjures an orb of Water and Pulses it at the incoming rock, shattering it before firing off another Water Pulse at Golem who grunts as the orb slams into him, dealing very good damage. Mystic glows green and Drains energy from Golem at a Giga rate, gaining some strength back, although the rock beast seems to shrug it off and he rushes Azure, fist blazing as he Punches the ice type with a fist of Fire. Azure stumbles backwards in pain, but is saved from another Fire Punch when Mystic summons the Frenzy of Plants and directs it into Golem, making it Roar in distress. Golem glares at you angrily and Mega Punches Kirlia in the face, slamming the Psychic type into the wall and leaving a deep indent. Azure dashes over to Mystic and summons a Safeguard while Golem summons the Power of the Earth, attempting to finish off Mystic, who looks like he's about to faint. Successfully fending off the Earth Power, Azure sways slightly, getting very tired.

What will you do?

OOC: In retrospect, I've decided to give Mystic and Azure a level each for the aerial maneuvers and this first round of battle.

Tale
8th April 2009, 3:07 AM
Tale: You recall your Houndour, Simone, and cautiously take a few steps closer to the weird sight, dread rising in your gut as you contemplate the possibility of zombies or some other strange creature. The low moaning gets more intense, and around the corner you find something more horrible than the worst zombie. The acrid smell of rotting, burnt flesh fills your nostrils, and you make out the words... help... Laying in front of you is no zombie. Laying in front of you is a human, missing his left arm and right leg, blood slowly oozing out of the exposed veins. A reflexive gag shoots up through your stomach, and the man groans again, the exposed nerves in his throat trembling with the effort. One of his eyes catches your shadow, while the other hangs out of the socket uselessly.

Misery... make it... stop...

Your eye catches something it had missed before. Kneeling at his side is a Ralts, its body convulsing with pain and rage. The small Psychic type snaps his neck up towards you, eyes glaring a deep blood red. It jumps towards you, waves of Psychic energy curling out towards you.

What will you do?

With every inch of his approach, the intensity of that blood-curdling moan escalated as though it was triggered by his inquisitiveness. With the lack of response following his call, Oscar reluctantly concluded to combat his frustrating nescience through headlong discovery. As the bloody foot gradually neared, the ever-intensifying conviction of an undead presence percolated his every instinct, and by the time he’d reached the corner, he had almost already anticipated the lack of body that was expected to conjoin with the foot. Halted by the throws of utter shock, his widening eyes dared not register the source of the moaning immediately, but crawled with disbelief from the severed foot to the body itself. While what he faced invalidated his faith in zombie presence, his perceptions screamed the opposite, settling upon the implausibility of an undead creature. Nonetheless, staring back at his sodden, bewildered form was a human whose claim to life clung helplessly on a string of sinew. As he stood, watching a man - a human man - who lacked his left arm, and right leg, Oscar failed to suppress a physical demonstration of his initial revulsion.

Around him, the dank cave walls seemed to tighten, further saturating the atmosphere with the repulsive odour of flesh and blood, and as he steadied his posture through placing a hand upon the cave wall, the once indistinguishable moans had attained distinction in the form of pleas for help. Having temporarily averted his gaze in an attempt to recompose, Oscar glanced back and registered a second presence that had initially slipped his notice. A tiny figure, barely the size of his victim’s severed foot, was knelt at the side of the tormented man, convulsing ominously with amalgamated pain and rage.

“Surely not…” Oscar whispered, inducing from past scholarly pursuits the apparent bond between a Ralts and the intermediary emotions that encircle it. Noting the tool through which this process occurs as the horn adorning its pea-green scalp, a brief consideration of forced removal flashed through his mind. He decided that the execution of such an inglorious feat advocated an inhumanity most unlike him, in spite of all that which he currently witnessed.

His momentary pause proved to be the first of his mistakes. With uncanny haste, the Ralts adjusted its view to gaze directly at Oscar, through blood-red eyes that struck tension inside him. His hand instinctively snapped to Simone’s Pokeball once more, allowing but an instant in which the Ralts vaulted from the ground and hurtled towards him, a forebodingly powerful psychic aura surrounding its otherwise dainty frame.

With but a moment in which to react, Oscar launched the Pokeball from his grasp. In a space of time too fast to register, he frantically called the words, “Pursuit and Ember,” to his canine companion.

-Hayward-
8th April 2009, 4:55 AM
-Hayward-: Medeo begins to Meditate in an attempt to block out the Supersonic waves bombarding his head, and you smile as his expression calms, the Meditative technique rending Wingull's attack ineffective. Wingull caws, and you order Meditite to use a Psycho Cut as Wingull comes for another pass. Wingull fires a Gun like stream of Water at Meditate, who just sits there, leaping up at the last second. As Wingull passes below the Fighting/Psychic type, Medeo's eyes snap open, and his arm begins to glow with a brilliant purple. The Psycho Cut deals good damage to the sea bird, slamming it down into the sand and filling Wingull's beak with the small stones. Medeo lands agilely on his feet, summoning up a Protect as Wingull fires a Water Pulse. The orb of concentrated water splashes against the Protective shield, but as the layer recedes, Wingull moves in for a Wing Attack, striking Medeo hard and flinging him against the sand. Wingull Quickly follows up with another Attack, forcing Medeo on the defensive, although the bird seems to be tiring from its repeated attempts to take down yourself and Meditite...

What will you do?



Ben watched by the phosphorescent light of his work-issued headlamp as the events of the battle unfolded before his grey-green eyes. Nearby, Medeo nimbly sprang to his feet, brushing gritty, black sand off his thin frame. A direct result of having been knocked down by the wild Wingull’s Wing Attack. Only moments ago, the teenage Trainer and small Meditite had been attacked without warning by the tiny seabird as they guarded Volcanity, Inc.’s Sea Barrier. Ben had heard from his co-workers that the enormous research facility had seen an increase in seemingly unprovoked assaults from wild Pokemon, and Ben wondered if there really was a cause for the attacks. Momentarily distracted by his questions, Ben quickly shook his head from side-to-side as he tried to refocus his thoughts on the battle at hand. Perhaps there would be time for solving this mystery later. For now, they still had an overly-aggressive Wingull to deal with.

“Brilliant work, so far, mate!” Ben praised his diminutive companion. Medeo beamed and Ben issued further encouragement, “Just keep your cool and stay sharp! Wingulll looks like it can’t go much longer!” Medeo nodded his onion-shaped head to show that he was of the same opinion, and Ben continued issuing instructions. “Go with ZEN HEADBUTT (“”) and THUNDERPUNCH (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9229119&postcount=796”)! Try to DETECT (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml”) Wingull’s moves ahead of time and be ready to defend yourself from any incoming attacks! Let’s see if we can finish things off now!”


__________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

atlantis_kid99
10th April 2009, 4:32 AM
atlantis_kid99: Growlithe's suicidal protection of you and your Pokemon tugs at you and Mystic's hearts, and you thank it quietly while pulling out a pouch of Sacred Ash, spreading it over the wounds covering Growlithe's chest. The Ash just sits there, until Mystic leans over and drops a single tear into the wound, which closes up before your very eyes. Growlithe barks weakly, and starts to breathe a little more regularly. It looks like she'll be fine, although she won't be running around anytime soon. Breathing a deep sigh of relief, you congratulate your Pokemon on their successful moves, but are interrupted when Golem appears in the cavern, intent on attacking you. Your will hardens and Azure and Mystic leap into action, Mystic moving Growlithe deeper into the cavern with you, while Azure conjures an orb of Water and Pulses it at the incoming rock, shattering it before firing off another Water Pulse at Golem who grunts as the orb slams into him, dealing very good damage. Mystic glows green and Drains energy from Golem at a Giga rate, gaining some strength back, although the rock beast seems to shrug it off and he rushes Azure, fist blazing as he Punches the ice type with a fist of Fire. Azure stumbles backwards in pain, but is saved from another Fire Punch when Mystic summons the Frenzy of Plants and directs it into Golem, making it Roar in distress. Golem glares at you angrily and Mega Punches Kirlia in the face, slamming the Psychic type into the wall and leaving a deep indent. Azure dashes over to Mystic and summons a Safeguard while Golem summons the Power of the Earth, attempting to finish off Mystic, who looks like he's about to faint. Successfully fending off the Earth Power, Azure sways slightly, getting very tired.

What will you do?

OOC: In retrospect, I've decided to give Mystic and Azure a level each for the aerial maneuvers and this first round of battle.

Since it's finally school holidays and I'm not overloaded with work, can finally get back on track with my adventures...

With relief she watched the brave Growlithe's wounds close up rapidly and the rise and falls of her chest were much smoother and stronger. Her injuries still quite severe, at the moment things didn't look so bad- Nikki hoped she would recover, in time.

Azure's Water Pulse signalled the start of a second, grounded, battle, smashing cleanly into one of Golem's Rocks and knocking it aside. A second blasted its way forth this time, drilling into Golem itself. The Rock/Ground type winced in pain as the quad-effective attack scored in his rocky hide, to which Nikki felt somewhat satisfied at but she was also shocked- how could such a beast withstand so many attacks over such a short period of time? It was more powerful, much more powerful than Nikki had thought. Her determination remained unwavering, but she had a few more questions swirling around unanswered in her head.

Her faithful Kirlia Giga Drained the Golem soon after, the ambient green orbs snatching away some energy from the enormous Pokemon, who looked slightly more tired but seemed otherwise unharmed from the Grass-type energy. Its Fire Punch nailed Azure directly as she cried out in pain, only barely escaping from another via Mystic's Frenzy Plant. The stout, spiked vines bursted from the earth to lash out with fury. This time, given the power of the attack, Golem's pain was much more noticable as it Roared in distress, now setting its sights on the Kirlia instead with his Mega Punch sending Mystic flying towards a wall. He hit it, slumping to the ground weakly; the accumulated damage he had taken was severe, it looked clear he was about to faint if he took another attack.

Nikki looked on, silent and anxious.

This time it was Azure's turn to come to Mystic's aid with her Safeguard saving him from a surely fainting blow from Golem's Earth Power. Nikki did a damage check. Mystic was on his last legs in terms of health and Azure looked utterly exhausted. She wasn't too sure about Golem's condition at any rate, but she hoped they would pull through. Casting one last glance at the two and also Growlithe, she gave her orders, her voice coming out with mixed emotions.

"Hang in there for one last stretch, guys. Mystic, Aqua Ring followed by a bright Flash to blind Golem while Azure closes her eyes. Azure, Water Pulse if you can handle it without fainting... then Magical Leaf, Mystic, if you've got a clear shot. Otherwise Teleport everyone out of here if things get too rough."

...On second thoughts, wasn't there medicine in her sidebag? She ran over as fast as she could, administering her Super Potion (http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9289091&postcount=5473) to her Kirlia and a weaker Potion (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9151910&postcount=5415) to her Froslass. The cool fluid settled on their wounds, healing them somewhat.

Then Nikki stepped back, her resolve hard as she gave a long, hard, glance at their monstrous opponent. Even though they had been fighting what she felt like was a losing battle, they could at least try, right?

EDIT: Also raising Mystic from Lv. 27 --> Lv. 28 and Azure from Lv. 14 --> Lv. 15. Thanks!

fishyfool
12th April 2009, 10:52 PM
fishyfool: The rage practically pours out of you as you are forced to view the atrocities against a helpless Pokemon. Deciding to recall Mudkip and move back towards the receptionist, you quickly check up on the status of the injured Aipom, and are pleased to hear that he is doing much better. However, the Nurse at the counter says the little fellow is lonely, and that he's got some itchy feet; "why not take him with you?" The nurse explains that he's being plagued by dreams of the Ambipom, and it's her medical opinion that being on the move will help him. The subject changes to your sudden departure, and if the lady is surprised at your quick turnaround, she doesn't say anything about it. Grabbing a map to the VRI building, she quickly marks the route with a highlighter, but quickly marks an alternate route.

"The first road I've marked is used mainly by the indigenous folk of the island, so it's less charted and you can run into more trouble there. This path is also a bit more dangerous this time of year, and it can tend to flood. The other path takes a bit longer, but is much more safe. Remember, if you ever decide to come back, I can get you in for free. Have a nice trip, sir!"

What will you do?




With some information from the desk lady, Jamie was relieved to hear the Aipom was doing rather well, albeit it seemed somewhat lonely: A classic euphemism among wild pokemon for 'I want to join your team of awesomeness.' Noting the poor chimp's nightmares, Jamie nodded before turning to the map, highlighted with two paths. One path was through some ruined areas, while the other tended to flood often, which could pose a problem. Although the indigenous natives could prove hostile, he had no idea as to what lay through the watery zones, but eventually opted to head down the safer route through the waterlogged grounds. However, there was one small matter to take care of beforehand, namely the smaller chimp.

"Of course I'll take the little guy along. In fact, I've a poke ball (http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=796286&postcount=1696) here to keep him safe during the journey, if he wants to join the team."

Proferring the ball (2 of 10) to the Aipom, Jamie made a note with the map to head through the path usually flooded at the time of year, his transportation problems noted.

Amras.MG
13th April 2009, 8:06 PM
Tale: The ferocity of the normally tranquil Ralts strikes a chord deep inside you, invoking a terror greater than even that you have witnessed in the torture chamber. The man's groans of pain set the mood of the encounter nicely as Ralts' eyes glow a deep blood red, summoning a wave of energy. Grabbing Simone's Pokeball from your belt, you call out the Houndour, fear and terror driving your hands faster than normally possible. The small canine appears in a burst of red light, fear barely registering in his eyes for a second before Houndour leaps through the Psychic wave. The aura of energy deflects off of the Dark type, and Simone uses his Pursuit to smash into the small Pokemon. Ralts quickly adjusts himself with another Psychic and points at the ceiling, the energy ripping off portions of the ceiling and flinging them at Houndour. The small fire type growls and breathes a wave of Ember at the rocky substance hurtling towards him, although the stone smashes through the Ember and crashes into Simone, sending him flying into a far wall.

The tortured soul laying near you grunts a little more forcefully, sending a gush of blood streaming out of his neck. Through sheer strength of will, the shattered remnant of a man points his remaining eye at you, his strong gaze belieing his broken body. A voice resonates in your head, and you're bombarded with images of the man and a small Pokemon climbing up to the very cavern you were in before... the man and his best friend finding the receding wall... the trainer and his Ralts being captured and the man's body being tortured by an unseen evil as Ralts was forced to sit by and watch. Do not blame him... he has been far more tortured than I... please... save him. End his pain... set him free...

Ralts tears his gaze away from his broken friend as a single tear runs down his face. Twisted into madness, he lifts his arm and screams, Magical Leafs whipping towards you as his trainer gasps for air again, hoping for a death he can't do himself.

What will you do?

-Hayward-: Thoughts swirling through your head as you analyze the battle, you wonder if there could be something provoking these Pokemon. However, you realize you need to push these thoughts to the back of your head for the moment, and decide to focus instead on the battle, confident in Medeo's ability to wrap it up quickly. Meditite's breathing starts to slow down in response to your orders, and the onion head begins to glow as he reaches a state of temporary enlightenment. Wingull sqwauks loudly as she is hit by a Zen Headbutt, flinging her into the rock behind you. Wingull launches a last-ditch attempt to save itself and fires off a Water Pulse which Medeo nimbly dodges by Detecting it beforehand. Meditite smiles confidently as he plows a Thunder-charged Punch into Wingull, grinning as the bird crumples to the ground, smoke rising off her wings. Level up for Meditite. However, you are unable to take much joy from defeating Wingull as a Corphish and Poliwag spring out of the ocean, blasting twin Bubblebeams at you.

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99: Your tired Pokemon smile thankfully as you administer material aid to them, and both manage to get to their feet again, grim determination indicating they're ready for another round. Golem grins evilly and jumps into the air, Headbutting the ceiling as Mystic creates a Ring of Aquastuffs around himself before creating a brilliant Flash of light. The beams of light are magnified by reflecting off the Aqua Ring, and Golem roars in pain as he loses his concentration for whatever move he was about to do with the rock pieces from the ceiling. Azure fires off a Water Pulse, forcing Golem on the defensive again as the orb strikes a piece of Earth Golem had lifted from the ground with his awesome Power (whew, barely fit that one in there). Azure falls to its knees as her energy loss begins to catch up to her, and gasps, barely concious. Golem Mega Punches the slab of rock he had just summoned, sending shards of stone flying towards you. Azure looks up to see a piece of rock flying towards her and Mystic and jumps in front of it, sacrificing the last of her energy and health reserves in order to keep Mystic in the battle. Mystic fires off a few Magical Leafs before the smoke even clears, and the razor sharp leaves rake Golem hard. Golem teeters back, his body finally showing the signs of wear and tear from his long battle. Mystic looks up at Golem with half closed eyes, ready to Teleport in an instant.

Golem begins to shift with a brilliant white glow, and a much smaller version of your foe glows purple, Imprisoning yourself and your Pokemon in the cavern. The rubble finally clears, and you look in shock at the Kirlia standing before you, and even more shockingly the lack of a Golem. It seems Golem has just Transformed into a Kirlia and Imprisoned your use of Teleport, although it seems the Kirlia before you is as hurt as yours, although is more tired...

What will you do?

fishyfool: You accept the map and Aipom graciously, and chuckle slightly as Aipom jumps up into your arms, pressing the center of the Pokeball with a little paw and disappearing in a small burst of light. The nurse gives you a firm handshake and wishes you well on your journey, reminding you to come back once your quest is over for a nice relaxing stay. Verbalizing your thanks, you check your map and set off a nice bit, anxious to cross the path before any flood water starts to trap you. Your water path takes you in the opposite direction of the humid jungle, and this part of the island looks nice, serene even. Every once in a while you can hear a Pidgey chirp or a Starly squawk, and notice that the Pokemon around here seem more accustomed to being around humans. You finally pass the far edge of the Resort, and the undergrowth immediately begins to thicken, although it's not quite as bad as you had previously trekked through. A small Finneon pops out of a small stream you're coming up on, and chirps sadly, a small spot of deep purple spreading over its body, engulfing the fish before your eyes. Finneon suddenly begins to scream as its spot of Toxic begins to grow exponentially, burning the fish alive...

What will you do?

Pearl's Perap
15th April 2009, 2:12 PM
Mt. Infernus
The second largest of Cortoza's mountains, Mt. Infernus is now extinct. Many Pokémon have made their homes within the vast network of tunnels and caverns deep within the mountain, and aren't all that accustomed to seeing people. It's become the primary breeding ground for many of the rarer Pokémon who tend to shy away from humans, and due to the protective nature of the parent Pokémon, quite a hazardous area to traverse.

Areas:
Scenic Walk: A long path comprised of slopes and stairs leading up and around the mountainside. With Mt. Infernus being an extinct volcano and Cortoza's second tallest mountain, most tourists feel more comfortable sightseeing from here. The views are spectacular, and there are several campsites manned my Cortozan natives who will provide food and shelter for weary travellers.

Having read up on the Cortoza island chain, Zak had wanted to visit for quite a while. When the day finally came, he set about choosing the perfect island for him. Not being a great fan of heat or fire, the extinct volcano sounded more like his cup of tea.

"Where to begin..." Zak spoke to himself, pondering over a map of the Mt. Infernus area. Unable to decide, he grabbed a pokéball from his belt, one he seldom used. In an instant and a flash, the royal pokémon, Slowking, appeared before him. "What's up? I was napping." Doug yawned, glaring at his trainer, looking over a piece of paper, "Well, I wanted you to help me decide on an area, this island seems the best one in terms of encountering rare pokémon."

When Zak finished speaking, the Slowking wandered up to him, closed his eyes and slammed his tiny pink hand on an area of the map that read 'Scenic Walk'. With a location settled upon, a relaxing walk up the volcano's side, the two set about walking briskly toward and onto the path, wondering what they would end up encountering higher up...

-Hayward-
16th April 2009, 5:15 AM
-Hayward-: Thoughts swirling through your head as you analyze the battle, you wonder if there could be something provoking these Pokemon. However, you realize you need to push these thoughts to the back of your head for the moment, and decide to focus instead on the battle, confident in Medeo's ability to wrap it up quickly. Meditite's breathing starts to slow down in response to your orders, and the onion head begins to glow as he reaches a state of temporary enlightenment. Wingull squawks loudly as she is hit by a Zen Headbutt, flinging her into the rock behind you. Wingull launches a last-ditch attempt to save itself and fires off a Water Pulse which Medeo nimbly dodges by Detecting it beforehand. Meditite smiles confidently as he plows a Thunder-charged Punch into Wingull, grinning as the bird crumples to the ground, smoke rising off her wings. Level up for Meditite. However, you are unable to take much joy from defeating Wingull as a Corphish and Poliwag spring out of the ocean, blasting twin Bubblebeams at you.

What will you do?

Shutting his eyes, the Meditite Medeo brought his palms together and interlocked his tiny fingers. Head bowed in quiet contemplation, he quickly ran through a series of intricate finger gestures known as Enlightenment Jutsu. As he tapped into the spiritual energy of the cosmos, his small onion-shaped head began to give off an curious, faint glow. When the wild Wingull made it’s next pass, he unleashed a crushing Zen Headbutt, slamming the little seabird into a nearby rock. From there, the battered bird fired off a retaliatory Water Pulse attack that Medeo Detected and deftly dodged. Standing over the fallen Wingull, Medeo wasted no time in delivering a stunning Thunder Punch that proved to be the finisher.

Seeing Wingull down, Ben was just about to let out a cheer for Medeo’s victory, when out of the corner of his eye he glimpsed the shadowy figures of two wild Pokemon emerging from the darkened sea. He had only enough time to identify them as a Corphish and Poliwag before the duo fired off a pair of high powered hydration streams. No time to think, no time to strategize, no time to plan. All Ben could do was react. And react he did.

“Look sharp, mate! Dual Bubblebeam coming your way!” Ben barked, as Medeo swiftly turned to see the aquatic blasts headed their way. “Quick, use DOUBLE TEAM (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9608323&postcount=28”) to dodge!” he yelled as he instinctively threw himself to the ground and scrambled for cover.

“Use that rock that Wingull crashed into for shelter!” Ben instructed his diminutive companion. First the seabird and now the crustacean and the tadpole. Those veteran guards were right about the wild Pokemon becoming more bold and aggressive. Maybe this security gig wasn’t such a good idea after all, Ben thought to himself ruefully. There had to be an easier way to make some quick money. On the bright side though, at least Medeo was getting a good workout. Grinning, Ben turned to the yoga Pokemon, then motioned with his head in the direction of the wild Pokemon before calling out, “When you get a clean shot, mate fire off an ENERGY BALL (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9568566&postcount=6”) at Corphish and then another at Poliwag!”


*For reference: level 23 male meditite is now level 24*


___________________________________________
fb (“”)

Tale
17th April 2009, 12:34 AM
Tale: The ferocity of the normally tranquil Ralts strikes a chord deep inside you, invoking a terror greater than even that you have witnessed in the torture chamber. The man's groans of pain set the mood of the encounter nicely as Ralts' eyes glow a deep blood red, summoning a wave of energy. Grabbing Simone's Pokeball from your belt, you call out the Houndour, fear and terror driving your hands faster than normally possible. The small canine appears in a burst of red light, fear barely registering in his eyes for a second before Houndour leaps through the Psychic wave. The aura of energy deflects off of the Dark type, and Simone uses his Pursuit to smash into the small Pokemon. Ralts quickly adjusts himself with another Psychic and points at the ceiling, the energy ripping off portions of the ceiling and flinging them at Houndour. The small fire type growls and breathes a wave of Ember at the rocky substance hurtling towards him, although the stone smashes through the Ember and crashes into Simone, sending him flying into a far wall.

The tortured soul laying near you grunts a little more forcefully, sending a gush of blood streaming out of his neck. Through sheer strength of will, the shattered remnant of a man points his remaining eye at you, his strong gaze belieing his broken body. A voice resonates in your head, and you're bombarded with images of the man and a small Pokemon climbing up to the very cavern you were in before... the man and his best friend finding the receding wall... the trainer and his Ralts being captured and the man's body being tortured by an unseen evil as Ralts was forced to sit by and watch. Do not blame him... he has been far more tortured than I... please... save him. End his pain... set him free...

Ralts tears his gaze away from his broken friend as a single tear runs down his face. Twisted into madness, he lifts his arm and screams, Magical Leafs whipping towards you as his trainer gasps for air again, hoping for a death he can't do himself.

What will you do?

The horrific scenario hurtled before him like a vivid nightmare, and as Simone scuffled valiantly with her incensed opponent, Oscar’s gaze betrayed his stomach, relentlessly returning to the mess of a man that lay upon the solid ground, inches from a death he no doubt craved. The blood poured at a morbidly unnatural rate, from innumerable wounds he’d daren’t contemplate the origins of. The mere sight of the blood-soaked vicinity caused a damp sensation to wash over his skin. The source of this situation escaped his every contemplation. His initial perceptions may have been foolishly misconstrued. As if ripped from a daydream, Oscar’s focus readjusted to the Ralts’ onslaught of Psychic power, just as portions of the cave interior were flung through powerful psychic ability towards Simone, who helplessly shot an ineffective wave of embers at the oncoming rock, before receiving the full-blow of a rage-invigorated Psychic. Her pained howl reverberated from the stony walls.

His next move, whether formulated or instinctive, was suddenly seized by a flurry of disturbing images in which the man - perfectly intact and barely recognisable as a result - and his Ralts engaged in an excursion mirroring that of his and Simone’s current venture, only to be captured and brutally tortured by an entity unseen. Evidently, in the trainer’s current state the Ralts was immersed in a torture that echoed his. As a voice then entered his head, Oscar found his thought settling on an undesirable conclusion.

Before he could utter a word, however, the Ralts had unleashed a daunting Magical Leaf. Oscar threw himself out of harms way - ordering an ember to attempt and burn through the onslaught. Then, turning to the repulsive image of a man, he uttered his next command,

“This man is the target, Simone. Kill him.”

atlantis_kid99
20th April 2009, 10:44 AM
atlantis_kid99: Your tired Pokemon smile thankfully as you administer material aid to them, and both manage to get to their feet again, grim determination indicating they're ready for another round. Golem grins evilly and jumps into the air, Headbutting the ceiling as Mystic creates a Ring of Aquastuffs around himself before creating a brilliant Flash of light. The beams of light are magnified by reflecting off the Aqua Ring, and Golem roars in pain as he loses his concentration for whatever move he was about to do with the rock pieces from the ceiling. Azure fires off a Water Pulse, forcing Golem on the defensive again as the orb strikes a piece of Earth Golem had lifted from the ground with his awesome Power (whew, barely fit that one in there). Azure falls to its knees as her energy loss begins to catch up to her, and gasps, barely concious. Golem Mega Punches the slab of rock he had just summoned, sending shards of stone flying towards you. Azure looks up to see a piece of rock flying towards her and Mystic and jumps in front of it, sacrificing the last of her energy and health reserves in order to keep Mystic in the battle. Mystic fires off a few Magical Leafs before the smoke even clears, and the razor sharp leaves rake Golem hard. Golem teeters back, his body finally showing the signs of wear and tear from his long battle. Mystic looks up at Golem with half closed eyes, ready to Teleport in an instant.

Golem begins to shift with a brilliant white glow, and a much smaller version of your foe glows purple, Imprisoning yourself and your Pokemon in the cavern. The rubble finally clears, and you look in shock at the Kirlia standing before you, and even more shockingly the lack of a Golem. It seems Golem has just Transformed into a Kirlia and Imprisoned your use of Teleport, although it seems the Kirlia before you is as hurt as yours, although is more tired...

What will you do?

Mystic is technically now a Gallade, but I'll be keeping him a Kirlia for the purposes of the adventure until I can find a more opportune time. Thanks for an epic adventure so far btw ^^

Medicine administered, Mystic at least looked positively better as did Azure, however both of them knew that her wounds were less of an issue compared to energy levels. Golem's huge mass jumped up into the air with a mighty Headbutt into the ceiling which if this was a better time Nikki would have found herself slack-jawed- how did a Pokemon weighing the greater part of seven hundred pounds jump so high? Her Kirlia glowed with Aquatic, using the opportunity, creating many Rings of healing energy that would hopefully help him in the battle. A short while later a blinding Flash illuminated the cavern which was amplified by the transparent Aqua Rings in the air around the Kirlia, blinding enough that Golem was startled out of performing its own follow-up technique.

It was clear Azure was on her last legs but she was determined to end the battle on a valiant note. Her Water Pulse blasted towards the Rock-type, only to be blocked in turn from a well-played defensive manoeuvre from Golem, after the Earth Power summoned was sent flying towards Mystic by a Mega Punch. Azure gave a small cry as she dived in Mystic's way to save him from what would have been a surely KO'ing blow as she fell, knocked out. The red recall beam from the Froslass' Christmas Ball hit her a few seconds later as Nikki clasped her Froslass' ball tightly, whispering a few words of praise. "You did well, Azure. Have a good rest."

The Kirlia seemed to take the initative as his Magical Leaf raked Golem in multiple places even before the smoke cleared. As his eyes half-closed and glowed faintly in a sure move to Teleport to safety, shockingly Golem didn't make a move to attack, however glowed with a brilliant white, its form shrinking and shifting, the glow shifting to purple. The obvious signs of an Imprisoning force made itself clear, and all inhabitants of the cavern not named Golem simply stood there, however Mystic's expression was furrowed and had an unrecognisably intense mood surrounding him.

The rubble and smoke cleared finally. Two things made itself clear upon first glance. Firstly- the complete and utter lack of a Golem. Secondly- there were now two Kirlia in the cavern, the other a complete copy down to the facial structure of Mystic. Suddenly, some pieces of the puzzle started to piece itself together and things started making sense again. It seemed unbelievable that this "Golem" could quite possibly be a Ditto with its clear use of Transform. Still, there was a battle to be done, and this Kirlia seemed equally hurt as the one before it, but noticably more exhausted than Mystic as well. It was lucky that he had some useful super-effective moves in his arsenal. Her Kirlia seemed well aware of this as well.

"End it, Mystic. Shadow Sneak, then let's give that Kirlia a double dosage of your strongest Signal Beam."

Amras.MG
21st April 2009, 6:40 PM
Pearl's Perap: You arrive at Cortoza and immediately begin to think some sort of crack about tea. Bloody Brits and their obsession with diuretics. Ahem, anyways, you pull out a map and summon your Slowking in order to help you decide. Doug saunters up to the map and randomly points at the Scenic Walk, a well traveled path that lead to several different areas on Mt. Infernus. Offering your agreement with the Slowking's random action, you and Doug set off at a brisk pace, noting the immediate increase in air quality as you get higher up the mountain. There are many trainers and stalls set up, selling goods such as Lava Cookies and Pokeballs to enterprising customers. However, the higher up the mountain you get, the less Trainers you see and the more indigenous people seem to mill about. A native man stops you, offering to take you up to the Mountain Peak if you'll provide protection for him. He doesn't seem dangerous in the least, and good guides rarely ever offer to take you to a sacred indigenous area.

What will you do?

-Hayward-: A split second reaction saves Medeo as he splits into a few Double Team clones, which the Bubblebeams smash through. However, the real Medeo has avoided any damage from the attacks, and skids to a halt in the sand behind his opponents. Watching from the cover of a rock, you smile as Medeo leaps behind another large rock, evading another Bubblebeam barrage. Panting slightly, Medeo calms himself down a bit and stretches out his awareness before backflipping over the rock, a green Ball of Energy forming between his palms. In midair, Medeo fires off the Energy Ball at Corphish, the Grass energy dealing massive damage and forcing it into the sand. Landing on his feet, Medeo turns around to hit Poliwag with an Energy Ball but is surprised by a quick succession of Doubleslaps by the tadpole, forcing him to abandon the move for the moment. Corphish manages to dislodge himself and whips around with another Bubblebeam, slamming Medeo into a rock. The Meditite rises uneasily to his feet and fires an Energy Ball at Poliwag, who is sent flying off a bit. Corphish Digs into the ground as Poliwag gets to his feet....

What will you do?

Tale: Sensing the incredible torture the man and his Ralts were suffering through, your mind is conflicted with a series of not-so-happy thoughts. Simone breathes out an Ember at the Magical Leaves flying towards you, burning the sorcerous leaves instantly. Your eyes turn to the man again as you realize what you have to do, and Simone begins to whimper slightly when he notices the sadness and grim resolve in your eyes. Simone leaps over to the man quickly, wary of any attacks from Ralts and quickly snaps the man's neck. With his dying breath, the tortured soul's eyes clear and a single tear drops down his exposed check. Thank... you... Ralts screams, evidently conflicted with a large variety of emotions at once, and ripples of pure energy pulse out of him. Sad, happy, angry, hateful, loving, suicidal, and hopeful all at once, Ralts' mind begins to overload and his Psychic abilities begin to spin out of control, lifting up objects and throwing them around the room dangerously close to you and Simone. It doesn't look like Ralts will be able to deal with the emotional confusion and stress on his own, but he's way to dangerous to talk with right now. Out of the side of your eye you notice a Pokeball broken in half next to the man; it appears that this Pokemon cannot be called back at all.

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99: Mystic faces off with the newly morphed Kirlia in front of him, staring at his replica in hope of trying to find some sort of vulnerability or such. Mystic keeps staring down his opponent as he uses Ghost energy to Sneakily manipulate his Shadow into rushing at the opponent, catching the foe Kirlia off guard and knocking it back some. Foe Kirlia brings its arm back and thrusts a strong Signal Beam directly at the Signal Beam created by Mystic, nullifying the effects of both attacks. Foe Kirlia leaps over to Mystic in a single bound and blasts him back with an Energy Ball, sending Mystic flying into the wall. Mystic turns around with difficulty and brings a Signal Beam to bear on his copy, forcing the opponent to scream in pain as his body is blasted with the super effective attack. The foe crumples to the ground, evidently in too much pain and way too exhausted to continue. A bright light fills the room and you gasp as the Pokemon returns to its original form, barely able to float off into the cave, seemingly confused as to what is going on.

Why would a Mew attack you?

What will you do?

Pearl's Perap
21st April 2009, 6:57 PM
Pearl's Perap: You arrive at Cortoza and immediately begin to think some sort of crack about tea. Bloody Brits and their obsession with diuretics. Ahem, anyways, you pull out a map and summon your Slowking in order to help you decide. Doug saunters up to the map and randomly points at the Scenic Walk, a well traveled path that lead to several different areas on Mt. Infernus. Offering your agreement with the Slowking's random action, you and Doug set off at a brisk pace, noting the immediate increase in air quality as you get higher up the mountain. There are many trainers and stalls set up, selling goods such as Lava Cookies and Pokeballs to enterprising customers. However, the higher up the mountain you get, the less Trainers you see and the more indigenous people seem to mill about. A native man stops you, offering to take you up to the Mountain Peak if you'll provide protection for him. He doesn't seem dangerous in the least, and good guides rarely ever offer to take you to a sacred indigenous area.

What will you do?

Having made their way quite a distance up the path, passing a wide variety of people hawking their wears at the side of it, both Zak and Doug noticed a distinct change in the area. The stalls seemed few and far between now and the people seemed to look less like trainers and more like the sort of people you would imagine to inhabit a volcanic area such as Mt. Infernus.

"This place is quite relaxing, I like it..." the Slowking spoke into Zak's mind as the two padded onwards. Soon on, one of the native looking people approached the two. He spoke with a strange accent, but Zak clearly understood what the man was saying, he was offering to lead them to the peak of the mountain if they would protect him on the way, "Sounds reasonable to me, we planned to head there anyway, so it's no skin off of my nose..." Zak smiled at the man, patting Doug on his stone crown.

"Cut it out, Zak..." Doug whispered into his mind before punching him in the stomach. Not having heard the Slowking's telepathic voice, the native man looked on in confusion as the boy reeled over, his tummy in pain from the Slowking's tiny pink claw, "Ergh, you ***. Wanna get going?" Zak changed his attention from the Slowking back to the native, looking further upwards the mountain, towards the peak...

-Hayward-
22nd April 2009, 3:47 AM
-Hayward-: A split second reaction saves Medeo as he splits into a few Double Team clones, which the Bubblebeams smash through. However, the real Medeo has avoided any damage from the attacks, and skids to a halt in the sand behind his opponents. Watching from the cover of a rock, you smile as Medeo leaps behind another large rock, evading another Bubblebeam barrage. Panting slightly, Medeo calms himself down a bit and stretches out his awareness before backflipping over the rock, a green Ball of Energy forming between his palms. In midair, Medeo fires off the Energy Ball at Corphish, the Grass energy dealing massive damage and forcing it into the sand. Landing on his feet, Medeo turns around to hit Poliwag with an Energy Ball but is surprised by a quick succession of Doubleslaps by the tadpole, forcing him to abandon the move for the moment. Corphish manages to dislodge himself and whips around with another Bubblebeam, slamming Medeo into a rock. The Meditite rises uneasily to his feet and fires an Energy Ball at Poliwag, who is sent flying off a bit. Corphish Digs into the ground as Poliwag gets to his feet....

What will you do?

On the sea barrier side of the imposing research facility Volcanity, Inc., Ben watched as Poliwag scrambled to its feet and Corphish disappeared beneath the sand. He threw a quick glance at his small Meditite partner, Medeo. The yoga Pokemon was gasping for breath, having been attacked by their current foes, only moments after defeating a wild Wingull. Ben knew his diminutive companion would never ask for help. At times Ben admired his little friend’s never-give-up attitude, but sometimes it bordered on recklessness. It was all because Medeo had too much pride; a flaw Ben knew, one that they would have to work on -- later. For now, they had other problems to deal with.

Ben had lost time of how long they had been on guard duty. It seemed to Ben like days, although in reality, it had probably only been a little while. The veteran security guards had explained that the attacks from wild Pokemon were becoming both more severe and frequent, and Ben realized that Medeo wouldn’t be able to keep fighting solo all night long. So Ben did the only sensible thing he could; he went for back-up, quickly unclipping a festive, half-red, half-green Christmas Ball from his belt. Holding out his hand, he pressed the round trigger switch. A flash of scarlet light suddenly appeared, followed by a little Pineco. Grateful to be out of his artificial prison, Forteo spun around merrily on his bottomspike then swayed from side-to-side. Glancing at Medeo, Ben noticed a grin and a brief look of relief pass across his tiny face. It didn’t last long however, as the Meditite quickly replaced it with a more sombre, determined expression. Having observed the antics of his friends, Ben momentarily chuckled to himself. It was ‘Polar Opposites’ when it came to their personalities.

Redirecting the beam of his phosphorescent headlamp so that it once again illumintate their opponents, Ben wasted no time in issuing his instructions. “Teamwork now, mates!” he called out. “Forteo, use your body to block off Corphish’s tunnel -- but PROTECT (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/204.shtml”) yourself so it doesn’t hurt. When Corphish reappears, go with RAPID SPIN (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/204.shtml”) into BUG BITE (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/204.shtml”)!” In response, Forteo revolved merrily and Ben continued, this time directing Medeo. “Alright mate, keep working on that Poliwag! Go with THUNDER PUNCH (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9229119&postcount=796”) and CONFUSION (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml”). Be ready to dodge with TELEPORT (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9608323&postcount=28”) if you get into trouble!” Medeo nodded and Ben looked on through his grey-green eyes as his two comrades prepared for the next round…


_________________________________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=372642”)

Tale
23rd April 2009, 1:58 AM
Tale: Sensing the incredible torture the man and his Ralts were suffering through, your mind is conflicted with a series of not-so-happy thoughts. Simone breathes out an Ember at the Magical Leaves flying towards you, burning the sorcerous leaves instantly. Your eyes turn to the man again as you realize what you have to do, and Simone begins to whimper slightly when he notices the sadness and grim resolve in your eyes. Simone leaps over to the man quickly, wary of any attacks from Ralts and quickly snaps the man's neck. With his dying breath, the tortured soul's eyes clear and a single tear drops down his exposed check. Thank... you... Ralts screams, evidently conflicted with a large variety of emotions at once, and ripples of pure energy pulse out of him. Sad, happy, angry, hateful, loving, suicidal, and hopeful all at once, Ralts' mind begins to overload and his Psychic abilities begin to spin out of control, lifting up objects and throwing them around the room dangerously close to you and Simone. It doesn't look like Ralts will be able to deal with the emotional confusion and stress on his own, but he's way to dangerous to talk with right now. Out of the side of your eye you notice a Pokeball broken in half next to the man; it appears that this Pokemon cannot be called back at all.

What will you do?

The embers proved successful as the Ralts’ leafy onslaught was halted mid-flight, the airborne leaves withering to ash as Simone intrepidly leapt to her new target. Oscar, struggling beneath the weight of conflicting emotions himself, the kindness of death in this instance prompting a satisfaction that contrasted a better nature he couldn’t quite subdue, ascertained from Simone’s reaction that her mind was scarcely touched by her already volatile conscience. Oscar stood with his hand upon the rocky wall, gazing at Simone’s unhesitant fulfilment of her command. It was with a callous glare that Simone snapped the neck of her adversary’s trainer.

Out of sheer indifference, the canine registered not the tear that rolled down her victim’s cheek - but Oscar regarded it with a melancholic nod of his head. With the loss of his life, the bond between him and his receptive companion would have been forcefully severed - that was his deduction. However, the ensuing turmoil that rippled as physical energy from the tiny bipedal creature indicated that with death, came a painful and chaotic amalgamation of emotion with which the Ralts evidently struggled. Before long, its Psychic ability had erupted and prompted a chaotic vortex of debris - Oscar in the midst, found himself as vulnerable as ever, and hit the floor with a thud, a firm hand upon his hat. Spying the broken shell of a Pokeball he induced used to contain the Ralts, it was from the ground that he yelled at his vicious canine, whose attentiveness had increased tenfold in light of the danger surrounding them.

“Simone! Stop that thing! Use Pursuit and Thunder Fang to try and subdue it! Hurry, before you’re struck!”

fishyfool
29th April 2009, 12:19 AM
fishyfool: You accept the map and Aipom graciously, and chuckle slightly as Aipom jumps up into your arms, pressing the center of the Pokeball with a little paw and disappearing in a small burst of light. The nurse gives you a firm handshake and wishes you well on your journey, reminding you to come back once your quest is over for a nice relaxing stay. Verbalizing your thanks, you check your map and set off a nice bit, anxious to cross the path before any flood water starts to trap you. Your water path takes you in the opposite direction of the humid jungle, and this part of the island looks nice, serene even. Every once in a while you can hear a Pidgey chirp or a Starly squawk, and notice that the Pokemon around here seem more accustomed to being around humans. You finally pass the far edge of the Resort, and the undergrowth immediately begins to thicken, although it's not quite as bad as you had previously trekked through. A small Finneon pops out of a small stream you're coming up on, and chirps sadly, a small spot of deep purple spreading over its body, engulfing the fish before your eyes. Finneon suddenly begins to scream as its spot of Toxic begins to grow exponentially, burning the fish alive...

What will you do?

As the Aipom hopped onto Jamie's shoulder and into the ball, he gave his thanks to the receptionist and started on his journey towards the VI building, noting the serenity of the island. Eventually, he reached the undergrowth and as the two continued through, the sudden interruption of a Finneon in some trouble due to the toxic spot on it burning into him tugged at the trainer's heartstrings as he rifled through his bag for a simple healing item such as an Antidote, and frowned when he noted nothing. Mentally cursing himself for his poor preparation, Jamie thought into his team's abilities and frowned even harder when he realised that the closest was his Honchkrow's Psycho Shift, which was only capable of instigating neurological changes. However, as the fish suffered on the ground, the poison sapping at its health, he wondered what could have done this to the poor little guy, gritting his teeth at the lack of healing items, and realised there was only one thing to do: Grab the poor little fishy and hightail it back to the resort to get it healed up there, preferably before it fell unconscious. Revenge could wait.

Pullin his sleeves back, he whispered to the pained Finneon in a soothing tone.

"Don't worry, little guy, I'll get you to safety."

Amras.MG
29th April 2009, 8:50 PM
-Hayward-: Calling out another of your Pokemon friends to help Medeo in battle, Pineco emerges onto the battefield in a burst of red light. Both of your Pokemon nod as they recieve orders, and leap into action. Forteo moves over to the spot where some sand is caving in, and Protects himself as the Corphis emerges from that spot, sending Pineco flying into the air, though Forteo's Protect proves effective as the little pinecone bounces on the sand with no damage taken. Meanwhile, Medeo's fist begins to crackle with electricity as he Thunder Punches Poliwag, shocking the tadpole and singing his stomach with the impact. Poliwag glares at Medeo and spins his tummy at the Meditation Pokemon, Hypnotizing it into sleeping. Medeo's tired eyes shut and he slumps to the ground, forgetting to use his Confusion in the midst of dreamland. Forteo Rapidly Spins as Corphish charges for a Crabhammer, the reverse momentum deflecting Corphish's blow with ease and flinging the crab into the rock. Corphish growls angrily and blasts a Bubblebeam into Pineco as he rushes for a Bug Bite, preventing the attack from landing and damaging him the Bug a bit. Poliwag leaps up and uses his momentum to land a critical Doubleslap on Medeo, who wakes up and Teleports a bit away from the battle, breathing more noticeably but still capable of lasting another round or two.

What will you do?

Tale: The Ralts' anguish and relief clash inside the mind of the small creature, and his extreme emotional state begins to distort his power, creating a maelstrom. Simone growls and begins to glow with Dark energy, Pursuing Ralts and slamming into him with good power. Ralts' eyes glow blood red, and the Pokemon screams, using Psychic energy to pour fire from the flame straight onto Houndour, who shakes off the attack and leaps towards Ralts, Fangs beginning to spark with Thunder energy. Ralts cries out again and his eyes glow a deep blue, enveloping the emotionally disturbed Pokemon in a Safeguard, which protects him from the Thunder Fang. Simone begins to whimper slightly, but not in a response to any attack... the Ralts has eyes blacker than the darkest void.

Around you, the volcanoe begins to rumble, and in awe you realize that the Ralts' severe distress has just triggered a volcanic eruption! The walls begin to shack, groaning as the Goddess responds to Ralts' cry for answers. In front of you, the little guy collapses from the massive energy usage, laying amid the rubble. If he stays here, he'll be killed.

What will you do?

fishyfool: Aipom giggles and jumps into the Pokeball you proffered, and it's probably a good thing so the young monkey doesn't see the gasping, hurt Finneon just up the path. A Lv. 3 Female Aipom has joined your party! Your good Samaritan instincts kick in and you run through your options trying to find a way to help the little fishy (ah ha ha I just realized that your username is fishyfool and I have you helping a fish ah ha ha I'm slow). Cursing yourself for not having stocked up on any healing items before arriving at the Volcanic Isle, you gently pick up Finneon, heart bursting at it's pained look and shallow breathing. The fish doesn't struggle as you jog back to the Resort, but it does seem to be rapidly getting worse, to the point where it looks like it's having a seizure at times. Your footsteps padding through the undergrowth are the only sounds besides' Finneon's labored breathing, and suddenly they're the only sounds.

The Finneon's dead corpse begins to glow slightly, and a laser from inside the fish begins to etch a message upon the small Pokemon's lifeless scales.

"Imagine this is your Mudkip. You don't stand a chance."

It seems that those evil men have left you a message asserting their power. However, this can also been seen as a sign that they regard you as a threat of sorts...

What will you do?

-Hayward-
1st May 2009, 3:08 AM
-Hayward-: Calling out another of your Pokemon friends to help Medeo in battle, Pineco emerges onto the battefield in a burst of red light. Both of your Pokemon nod as they recieve orders, and leap into action. Forteo moves over to the spot where some sand is caving in, and Protects himself as the Corphish emerges from that spot, sending Pineco flying into the air, though Forteo's Protect proves effective as the little pinecone bounces on the sand with no damage taken. Meanwhile, Medeo's fist begins to crackle with electricity as he Thunder Punches Poliwag, shocking the tadpole and singing his stomach with the impact. Poliwag glares at Medeo and spins his tummy at the Meditation Pokemon, Hypnotizing it into sleeping. Medeo's tired eyes shut and he slumps to the ground, forgetting to use his Confusion in the midst of dreamland. Forteo Rapidly Spins as Corphish charges for a Crabhammer, the reverse momentum deflecting Corphish's blow with ease and flinging the crab into the rock. Corphish growls angrily and blasts a Bubblebeam into Pineco as he rushes for a Bug Bite, preventing the attack from landing and damaging the Bug a bit. Poliwag leaps up and uses his momentum to land a critical Doubleslap on Medeo, who wakes up and Teleports a bit away from the battle, breathing more noticeably but still capable of lasting another round or two.

What will you do?

Ben winced as he watched the events of the battle unfold before his grey-green eyes. He never thought being a security guard would have been such a difficult job. Medeo and Forteo had both been on the receiving end of some nasty strikes and Ben could only marvel at how well the wild Pokemon fought. For a moment, he wondered again why they would even be attacking Volcanity, Inc. in the first place. If he could determine what was causing them to battle, maybe he could put a stop to their assaults altogether. If not, he had a bad feeling that it was going to be a very long night.

Dragging a hand through his short, brown hair, Ben thought hard to come up with a strategy. “Forteo, I want you to TAKE DOWN (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/204.shtml) Corphish with a full body TACKLE (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/204.shtml). After that, try one more time to give it a BUG BITE (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/204.shtml) while it’s still on the ground!” The Pineco spun around dizzily, then beamed at Ben and swayed merrily from side-to-side. Ben continued, this time addressing the small Meditite who stood nearby, doubled-over, tiny hands on his knees, trying to get a full breath. As he watched Medeo’s thin chest rising and falling erratically, he jokingly remarked, “Don’t tell me you’re tired, mate -- you just had a nap!” The Meditite nodded lightheartedly, but straightened himself and fixed Poliwag with a determined stare. “You look like you could use a little pick me up…” Ben continued. “Use FLASH (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9608323&postcount=28) to try to blind Poliwag! While it can’t see, BULK UP (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9608323&postcount=28) and hit it with a DRAIN PUNCH!” (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9527081&postcount=144)

____________________
fb (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1)

Amras.MG
1st May 2009, 4:09 AM
-Hayward-: The wild Pokemon's ferocity and planning continues to surprise you, prompting a quick think-through of if this is really all that random, and why the Pokemon are doing this in the first place. Nevertheless, you realize that you still have at least 2 hours until your shift is over, and refocus your attention on the battle, formulating a plan for victory. Pineco nods at your first orders, and Takes Down Corphish, pinning the crustachean underneath his prickly pinecone body. As you rush over to Meditite and employ some good humor trying to pick his spirits up, Pineco Bug Bites Corphish, making the small Pokemon groan in pain before he's hit with the follow up Tackle you had requested earlier. Corphish groans and collapses to the ground, KOed. *Level up for Pineco* Meanwhile, Medeo picks himself off and, raising a small arm in front of Poliwag, letting off a Flash of bright light. Poliwag sways a little bit as his eyes mislead him, and he stumbles around, obviously unprepared for the sharp contrast between light and dark that had just assaulted him. Medeo Bulks himself Up during the tadpole's disorientation, and leaps forward for a Drain Punch as Poliwag goes for another Doubleslap. Medeo's speed pays off and he hits Poliwag in the center of the swirl with his glowing fist, holding contact with his foe for a few seconds before backflipping to land a few feet away from his foe, slightly rejuvenated. Poliwag gasps and falls towards the ground, KOed. *Level up for Medeo*

A shadow begins to crawl onto the shore of the beach, and a large claw snaps as a small crab-like Pokemon sidesteps onto the battlefied. The Krabby looks at the three other knocked out Pokemon on the shore, and whips his large claw around, spraying a Bubblebeam directly at Medeo, knocking the Meditite over the edge, healthwise. Meditite crouches to a knee, obviously unable to battle any further...

What will you do?

-Hayward-
2nd May 2009, 5:48 AM
*EDIT- OOC: This is a repost, because I wanted to drop Pinceo in the Daycare and give Poochyena some RP experience.*


-Hayward-: The wild Pokemon's ferocity and planning continues to surprise you, prompting a quick think-through of if this is really all that random, and why the Pokemon are doing this in the first place. Nevertheless, you realize that you still have at least 2 hours until your shift is over, and refocus your attention on the battle, formulating a plan for victory. Pineco nods at your first orders, and Takes Down Corphish, pinning the crustachean underneath his prickly pinecone body. As you rush over to Meditite and employ some good humor trying to pick his spirits up, Pineco Bug Bites Corphish, making the small Pokemon groan in pain before he's hit with the follow up Tackle you had requested earlier. Corphish groans and collapses to the ground, KOed. *Level up for Pineco* Meanwhile, Medeo picks himself off and, raising a small arm in front of Poliwag, letting off a Flash of bright light. Poliwag sways a little bit as his eyes mislead him, and he stumbles around, obviously unprepared for the sharp contrast between light and dark that had just assaulted him. Medeo Bulks himself Up during the tadpole's disorientation, and leaps forward for a Drain Punch as Poliwag goes for another Doubleslap. Medeo's speed pays off and he hits Poliwag in the center of the swirl with his glowing fist, holding contact with his foe for a few seconds before backflipping to land a few feet away from his foe, slightly rejuvenated. Poliwag gasps and falls towards the ground, KOed. *Level up for Medeo*

A shadow begins to crawl onto the shore of the beach, and a large claw snaps as a small crab-like Pokemon sidesteps onto the battlefied. The Krabby looks at the three other knocked out Pokemon on the shore, and whips his large claw around, spraying a Bubblebeam directly at Medeo, knocking the Meditite over the edge, healthwise. Meditite crouches to a knee, obviously unable to battle any further...

What will you do?



On the sea barrier side of Volcanity, Inc., Cortoza Island’s imposing research facility, by the phosphorescent light of his work-issued headlamp, the trainer Benjamin Hale watched as the concluding events of the battle unfolded before his grey-green eyes. As the Meditite Medeo and the Pineco Forteo put the finishing touches on their wild adversaries, Ben breathed out a grateful sigh that perhaps now they would get a minute’s peace. For now it looked as though the assaulting Pokemon had been dealt with.

“Brilliant work, mates!” Ben praised his weary, but victorious comrades. Beaming, Forteo bounced up and down on his bottomspike happily, while the more stoic Meditite merely nodded. “Thanks for your help, Forteo.” Ben unclipped a Pokeball from his belt, pointed it in the little Pinecone’s direction, and recalled him. “Enjoy your rest,” Ben said cheerfully as he replaced Forteo’s Pokeball. At that moment though, a sudden movement near the water’s edge caught the corner of his eye and attracted his attention. He turned the headlamp up to full power and directed it at the shadow slowly making it’s way up the beach. As the concentrated beam of light fell on the dark figure, Ben bolted in surprise to discover that the latest mysterious Pokemon intruder was none other than a wild Krabby. He could hardly believe his eyes or contain his excitement. Frantically, he fished around inside the brown canvas messenger bag he had slung over his shoulder. After a moment of searching, he extracted a thin, flat, rectangular object. Flipping open a previously hidden view screen on the top of the device, he pointed it’s sensor in Krabby’s direction.

Blip-blip. Bleep-bloop. A faint, cobalt bulb winked in the darkness as the sable colored Pokedex whistled harmoniously to life. “Krabby. The River Crab Pokemon,” a robotic, nasally-sounding voice intoned. “It can be found near the sea. Krabby live on beaches, burrowed inside holes dug into the sand. On sandy beaches with little in the way of food, these Pokemon can be seen squabbling with each other over territory. If it is unable to find food, it will absorb nutrients by swallowing a mouthful of sand. If it senses danger approaching, it cloaks itself with bubbles from its mouth so it will look bigger. The large pincers fully grow back if they are torn out of their sockets or broken in battle. Its pincers are not only powerful weapons, they are used for balance when walking sideways.”

“…used for balance when walking sideways.” Familiar words. Ben echoed them as he shut off the electronic encyclopedia and quickly stuffed it into his bag. He hadn’t needed the Pokedex’s reminder of what they said, he had committed the entire entry to memory many years before. Watching Krabby scuttle closer, he was instantly transported in his mind to a time and place long ago.

In his memory, he was a still a little boy, standing on the wooden deck of a floating house, marveling at the sun rise over Route 131. Every morning he watched as the golden orb smiled upon the waters; then he would grab his surf board and ride the waves out to the jagged sea rocks not far from his hometown of Pacifidlog. There he spent hours observing the complex behaviour patterns and peculiar way of life of the River Crab Pokemon. Studying the countless Krabby that inhabited the tropical waters surrounding his home, Ben had learned that they were almost always fighting over something, whether mates, hunting ground, or the best hiding holes. Most fascinating to Ben however, had been how they had developed a means of communicating to one another by drumming or waving their pincers. Ever since his youth, Ben had had a fondness for the aggressive crustacean.

Now he was a teenager; many years removed from those halcyon summer days. He had traveled to this curious, unfamiliar land, many, many miles from the place of his birth, in order to atone for the sins of his past. Since his arrival, he and his longtime Meditite partner Medeo, had freed a tortured Machop, helped to apprehend a lunatic trainer, traveled through a passage in time, investigated an abandoned amusement park, and accepted temporary positions as security guards for one of the planet’s top research facilities. The two friends had seen many unusual things, experienced many wonderful adventures, and met many unforgettable individuals. Face-to-face once again with the River Crab, the Pokemon that reminded him most of his home, he couldn’t believe he had encountered one so soon. Fate had certainly been kind to him. Ben knew he had to do everything he could to catch it. He couldn’t let this opportunity pass him by.

Ben had only been reminiscing for a few moments, but Medeo was growing impatient. Krabby was sidestepping onto the battlefield and Ben hadn’t issued any instructions yet. Awaiting his orders and unaware of his trainer’s flashback, Medeo regarded Ben with a quizzical expression. Before Ben could remark however, Krabby whipped one of his claws around in a show of power and blasted Medeo with a Beam of highly-concentrated Bubbles. Ben wore a shocked expression as he watched the equally-surprised Yoga Pokemon tumble backwards uncerimoniously. Medeo’s eyes were wide at Krabby’s apparent critical hit. Caught off guard, Krabby’s attack had seemingly nailed one of Medeo’s weak spots and further depleted the already-weakened Meditite’s health.

“Are you okay, mate?!” Ben quickly asked Medeo. In response, the Meditite slowly shook his tiny, onion-shaped head from side-to-side and took a knee, too winded to go on. Ever the picture of determination though, Medeo refused to let himself grimace or any show pain. “Just rest a bit -- Hyneo can handle Krabby. If you can manage an AQUA RING (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9416997&postcount=6), it might help to reenergize you for later.” Medeo nodded feebly and Ben regretted the lose of his best partner in the upcoming battle, but knew the diminutive Meditite was in no condition to go on. He quickly unclipped a pink Pokeball from his belt and pressing the round trigger switch, released the Poochyena Hyneo. In a flash of scarlet brilliance the monochromatic wolfpup appeared in front of Ben. “I need your help, girl,” he explained as he motioned in Medeo’s direction. “Are you ready to fight?” Wagging her tail excitedly, Hyneo barked and Ben quickly reached down and scratched her behind the ears.

Wasting no time, Ben straightened and issued instructions, “Now’s our chance, mate! Let’s try to catch this Krabby.” Even after having seen the fainted bodies of the other wild Pokemon scattered across the battlefield, Krabby had still chosen to attack Medeo, and Ben marveled at its fearlessness and the strength that had been displayed in its aquatic strike. Perilous and powerful. If he could catch it, this Krabby would definitely make a good addition to his team. “Watch out for Krabby’s pincers,” Ben warned. “Use SAND ATTACK (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/261.shtml) to help you dodge -- then go with two quick TACKLE (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/261.shtml)s. Be careful not to knock Krabby out though, because I want to catch it.” His mind made up, Ben reached once again inside his bag. This time however, he pulled out a Pokeball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9440662&postcount=5543), just waiting for fate to provide him with the perfect opportunity to use it…



* for reference: level 25 male meditite is now level 26 *

* for reference: level 21 male pineco is now level 22 *

_____________________________
fb (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1)

fishyfool
7th May 2009, 4:24 PM
fishyfool: Aipom giggles and jumps into the Pokeball you proffered, and it's probably a good thing so the young monkey doesn't see the gasping, hurt Finneon just up the path. A Lv. 3 Female Aipom has joined your party! Your good Samaritan instincts kick in and you run through your options trying to find a way to help the little fishy (ah ha ha I just realized that your username is fishyfool and I have you helping a fish ah ha ha I'm slow). Cursing yourself for not having stocked up on any healing items before arriving at the Volcanic Isle, you gently pick up Finneon, heart bursting at it's pained look and shallow breathing. The fish doesn't struggle as you jog back to the Resort, but it does seem to be rapidly getting worse, to the point where it looks like it's having a seizure at times. Your footsteps padding through the undergrowth are the only sounds besides' Finneon's labored breathing, and suddenly they're the only sounds.

The Finneon's dead corpse begins to glow slightly, and a laser from inside the fish begins to etch a message upon the small Pokemon's lifeless scales.

"Imagine this is your Mudkip. You don't stand a chance."

It seems that those evil men have left you a message asserting their power. However, this can also been seen as a sign that they regard you as a threat of sorts...

What will you do?

As he hurried as hastily as he could, Jamie knew deep down inside that being out of water and in a state of poisoning most likely of a toxic variety, the Finneon was all but doomed. As he made his way through the undergrowth, the sounds of his feet and the fish's breathing the only sounds he could be focused on, his heart sank a few feet as he then registered his footsteps as the only sound left as he stared at the fallen fish, his eyes widening with disbelief as he noticed the laser inside etch a threat onto the Finneon, as Jamie grit his teeth in an attempt to prevent him from breaking the nearest object in two, realising that even if he had antidotes the Finneon would have perished anyway as he gave the message within a death stare before finding a small fern and placing the dead pokemon within the foliage, an unfortunate victim of Volcanity's darker side as he continued on, contemplating the threat after dispelling the image that Spovelli attempted to intimidate him with.

Back where he found the Finneon, at the stream, Jamie plucked two balls from his belt, giving them a gentle fling to reveal the Aipom from before and his first capture in a slightly poignant moment, Meteos the Lunatone who looked at him as he conveyed his message to the rock telepathically, the lunar creature's eyes seeming to widen slightly before returning to normal, noting his job.

"Right, we carry on, you two. Meteos, if we find we can't get across something like a flooded river, use your body as a rat for this little girl to use to get across, Yakuza can carry me, so don't worry. Aipom..." Jamie started before realising that he hadn't named the newcomer yet, the chimp giving a cheeky grin to him as he thought of a name for her before giving a little smile, almost forced.

"...Jackie. That'll be your name. Stick with Meteos here, as we're going on an adventure to get some revenge on the guys who sicced that larger monkey on you."

With heightened determination, Jamie realised that even if Spovelli had technology, the fact he made a threat to him almost confirmed that the man was afraid of him, a fact he'd have to acknowledge.

Tale
9th May 2009, 10:12 AM
Tale: The Ralts' anguish and relief clash inside the mind of the small creature, and his extreme emotional state begins to distort his power, creating a maelstrom. Simone growls and begins to glow with Dark energy, Pursuing Ralts and slamming into him with good power. Ralts' eyes glow blood red, and the Pokemon screams, using Psychic energy to pour fire from the flame straight onto Houndour, who shakes off the attack and leaps towards Ralts, Fangs beginning to spark with Thunder energy. Ralts cries out again and his eyes glow a deep blue, enveloping the emotionally disturbed Pokemon in a Safeguard, which protects him from the Thunder Fang. Simone begins to whimper slightly, but not in a response to any attack... the Ralts has eyes blacker than the darkest void.

Around you, the volcanoe begins to rumble, and in awe you realize that the Ralts' severe distress has just triggered a volcanic eruption! The walls begin to shack, groaning as the Goddess responds to Ralts' cry for answers. In front of you, the little guy collapses from the massive energy usage, laying amid the rubble. If he stays here, he'll be killed.

What will you do?

Throughout the succession of dire occurrences, little hope alleviated Oscar’s encumbered heart, and although Simone’s valiant attempts to subdue the psychic creature had been somewhat successful, they were barely productive and failed to assuage the chaos that currently enclosed them all. Oscar gazed at the lifeless, stomach-turning body of the once high-spirited trainer, the pool of blood shimmering so insignificantly in the flickering firelight. Just moments ago, this Ralts was his. Now, burdened by its loss, plagued by its emotions, it seemed to seek naught but death itself. Perhaps release was all Oscar offered in his attempts at the Ralts’ energy. Perhaps it was the selfish impulse to circumvent the Mountain’s trials. Either way, as the battle unfurled before him, Simone viciously tearing at her victim with the habitual nonchalance of attack, Oscar could not rid his senescent mind of the lugubriousness pervading every course of action within a setting so hellish in each of its aspects.

Then, as the Ralts’ eyes deepened to a hue as black as night, Pele was awakened. “Ah, Pele. Here you are. Come to threaten our very existence with your godlike power. And yet, I’ve still seen nothing of your shrine. Such a shame,” Oscar speaks to the trembling walls, the quivering ground beneath his feet. Simone turns to him, her canine instinct foreseeing demise should they sustain their presence here, yet her eyes convey little concern. The Ralts collapses before them both - ridding the situation of his consciousness, thrusting them into such dire straits with naught but a prospect of escape to soothe, only to elude the physical torture of dread in favour of a world where not even thoughts reside. “I do not think so.” Oscar murmured, hoisting himself from the trembling ground and intrepidly stumbling his way towards the unconscious psychic type. Turning to Simone, whose indifference shall always betray the severity of the situation, he indicated the Ralts, “This is a tortured soul. For the tortures it has endured, its greatest relief would be the ever up-creeping tendrils of demise. We shan’t grant it this, for it is an epidemic, the greatest weakness of life is the simplicity of death, and to defy it is to not simply exist, but to truly live. Save it, Simone. Do not permit a death so inglorious,” He signalled for Simone to grasp the Ralts in her jaws. Then he turned to the tunnel down which he had travelled. “These secrets have not yet attained discovery, we cannot flee.” He turned his head skywards, “We shall not flee, Pele!”

Oscar began to proceed back towards the entrance. To remain, like a rat in a crevice, standing in a hole through which the volcano’s lava can simply seep, would be foolish. What he intended to do was reach the shrine. Perhaps if Pele listened to the Ralts, she’ll listen to his prayer.

enchantress
18th May 2009, 3:12 PM
This zone will initially be capped at FIVE members. If another ZA is hired, then more people will be able to enter. I won't be updating this zone at this point in time as I'm stretching myself far too thinly between multiple zones as it is, and have hired Food Guy to update. If there comes a time Cortoza needs additional ZA's I'll either hire another ZA or pick up a few members myself. For now, have fun. Hope you enjoy ^-^.


Current Zone Assistants

Food Guy ~ Updating:
*
*
*
*
*

EDIT: I'll actually let him make his own post... :p
Also, if everyone can please refrain from posting until Food Guy has made his updatee post I'll appreciate it. He'll also inform you of how many openings he has, as well as who will be continuing from MG's group. Ta ^-^.

PeeGee
19th May 2009, 6:46 AM
Okay I'm the new updator for Cortoza. I don't have as much experience as Amras.MG did but I'll try my best.

Updatees:
* Treepandaone

Can I please have you repost your last reply please?

Tale
19th May 2009, 6:48 PM
Hi Food Guy, thank you for taking us on! I'm really looking forward to your updates. Also, I'd just like to say thanks for continuing the adventures, but if it's more preferable to you then I'll be glad to restart should it make things easier. Just thought I'd say, in case this is what you'd prefer =).


The Ralts' anguish and relief clash inside the mind of the small creature, and his extreme emotional state begins to distort his power, creating a maelstrom. Simone growls and begins to glow with Dark energy, Pursuing Ralts and slamming into him with good power. Ralts' eyes glow blood red, and the Pokemon screams, using Psychic energy to pour fire from the flame straight onto Houndour, who shakes off the attack and leaps towards Ralts, Fangs beginning to spark with Thunder energy. Ralts cries out again and his eyes glow a deep blue, enveloping the emotionally disturbed Pokemon in a Safeguard, which protects him from the Thunder Fang. Simone begins to whimper slightly, but not in a response to any attack... the Ralts has eyes blacker than the darkest void.

Around you, the volcanoe begins to rumble, and in awe you realize that the Ralts' severe distress has just triggered a volcanic eruption! The walls begin to shack, groaning as the Goddess responds to Ralts' cry for answers. In front of you, the little guy collapses from the massive energy usage, laying amid the rubble. If he stays here, he'll be killed.

What will you do?

Throughout the succession of dire occurrences, little hope alleviated Oscar’s encumbered heart, and although Simone’s valiant attempts to subdue the psychic creature had been somewhat successful, they were barely productive and failed to assuage the chaos that currently enclosed them all. Oscar gazed at the lifeless, stomach-turning body of the once high-spirited trainer, the pool of blood shimmering so insignificantly in the flickering firelight. Just moments ago, this Ralts was his. Now, burdened by its loss, plagued by its emotions, it seemed to seek naught but death itself. Perhaps release was all Oscar offered in his attempts at the Ralts’ energy. Perhaps it was the selfish impulse to circumvent the Mountain’s trials. Either way, as the battle unfurled before him, Simone viciously tearing at her victim with the habitual nonchalance of attack, Oscar could not rid his senescent mind of the lugubriousness pervading every course of action within a setting so hellish in each of its aspects.

Then, as the Ralts’ eyes deepened to a hue as black as night, Pele was awakened. “Ah, Pele. Here you are. Come to threaten our very existence with your godlike power. And yet, I’ve still seen nothing of your shrine. Such a shame,” Oscar speaks to the trembling walls, the quivering ground beneath his feet. Simone turns to him, her canine instinct foreseeing demise should they sustain their presence here, yet her eyes convey little concern. The Ralts collapses before them both - ridding the situation of his consciousness, thrusting them into such dire straits with naught but a prospect of escape to soothe, only to elude the physical torture of dread in favour of a world where not even thoughts reside. “I do not think so.” Oscar murmured, hoisting himself from the trembling ground and intrepidly stumbling his way towards the unconscious psychic type. Turning to Simone, whose indifference shall always betray the severity of the situation, he indicated the Ralts, “This is a tortured soul. For the tortures it has endured, its greatest relief would be the ever up-creeping tendrils of demise. We shan’t grant it this, for it is an epidemic, the greatest weakness of life is the simplicity of death, and to defy it is to not simply exist, but to truly live. Save it, Simone. Do not permit a death so inglorious,” He signalled for Simone to grasp the Ralts in her jaws. Then he turned to the tunnel down which he had travelled. “These secrets have not yet attained discovery, we cannot flee.” He turned his head skywards, “We shall not flee, Pele!”

Oscar began to proceed back towards the entrance. To remain, like a rat in a crevice, standing in a hole through which the volcano’s lava can simply seep, would be foolish. What he intended to do was reach the shrine. Perhaps if Pele listened to the Ralts, she’ll listen to his prayer.

fishyfool
19th May 2009, 7:06 PM
Ach, I was worried that I'd lost said update, but I didn't, fortunately. As it is, here we go...again.


fishyfool: Aipom giggles and jumps into the Pokeball you proffered, and it's probably a good thing so the young monkey doesn't see the gasping, hurt Finneon just up the path. A Lv. 3 Female Aipom has joined your party! Your good Samaritan instincts kick in and you run through your options trying to find a way to help the little fishy (ah ha ha I just realized that your username is fishyfool and I have you helping a fish ah ha ha I'm slow). Cursing yourself for not having stocked up on any healing items before arriving at the Volcanic Isle, you gently pick up Finneon, heart bursting at it's pained look and shallow breathing. The fish doesn't struggle as you jog back to the Resort, but it does seem to be rapidly getting worse, to the point where it looks like it's having a seizure at times. Your footsteps padding through the undergrowth are the only sounds besides' Finneon's labored breathing, and suddenly they're the only sounds.

The Finneon's dead corpse begins to glow slightly, and a laser from inside the fish begins to etch a message upon the small Pokemon's lifeless scales.

"Imagine this is your Mudkip. You don't stand a chance."

It seems that those evil men have left you a message asserting their power. However, this can also been seen as a sign that they regard you as a threat of sorts...

What will you do?

As he hurried as hastily as he could, Jamie knew deep down inside that being out of water and in a state of poisoning most likely of a toxic variety, the Finneon was all but doomed. As he made his way through the undergrowth, the sounds of his feet and the fish's breathing the only sounds he could be focused on, his heart sank a few feet as he then registered his footsteps as the only sound left as he stared at the fallen fish, his eyes widening with disbelief as he noticed the laser inside etch a threat onto the Finneon, as Jamie grit his teeth in an attempt to prevent him from breaking the nearest object in two, realising that even if he had antidotes the Finneon would have perished anyway as he gave the message within a death stare before finding a small fern and placing the dead pokemon within the foliage, an unfortunate victim of Volcanity's darker side as he continued on, contemplating the threat after dispelling the image that Spovelli attempted to intimidate him with.

Back where he found the Finneon, at the stream, Jamie plucked two balls from his belt, giving them a gentle fling to reveal the Aipom from before and his first capture in a slightly poignant moment, Meteos the Lunatone who looked at him as he conveyed his message to the rock telepathically, the lunar creature's eyes seeming to widen slightly before returning to normal, noting his job.

"Right, we carry on, you two. Meteos, if we find we can't get across something like a flooded river, use your body as a rat for this little girl to use to get across, Yakuza can carry me, so don't worry. Aipom..." Jamie started before realising that he hadn't named the newcomer yet, the chimp giving a cheeky grin to him as he thought of a name for her before giving a little smile, almost forced.

"...Jackie. That'll be your name. Stick with Meteos here, as we're going on an adventure to get some revenge on the guys who sicced that larger monkey on you."

With heightened determination, Jamie realised that even if Spovelli had technology, the fact he made a threat to him almost confirmed that the man was afraid of him, a fact he'd have to acknowledge.

-Hayward-
20th May 2009, 1:24 AM
My sincerest thanks for picking up this adventure, Food Guy. *bows respectfully* Just be yourself and you'll be great. May the Force be with you. -H


Originally Posted by Amras.MG
-Hayward-: The wild Pokemon's ferocity and planning continues to surprise you, prompting a quick think-through of if this is really all that random, and why the Pokemon are doing this in the first place. Nevertheless, you realize that you still have at least 2 hours until your shift is over, and refocus your attention on the battle, formulating a plan for victory. Pineco nods at your first orders, and Takes Down Corphish, pinning the crustachean underneath his prickly pinecone body. As you rush over to Meditite and employ some good humor trying to pick his spirits up, Pineco Bug Bites Corphish, making the small Pokemon groan in pain before he's hit with the follow up Tackle you had requested earlier. Corphish groans and collapses to the ground, KOed. *Level up for Pineco* Meanwhile, Medeo picks himself off and, raising a small arm in front of Poliwag, letting off a Flash of bright light. Poliwag sways a little bit as his eyes mislead him, and he stumbles around, obviously unprepared for the sharp contrast between light and dark that had just assaulted him. Medeo Bulks himself Up during the tadpole's disorientation, and leaps forward for a Drain Punch as Poliwag goes for another Doubleslap. Medeo's speed pays off and he hits Poliwag in the center of the swirl with his glowing fist, holding contact with his foe for a few seconds before backflipping to land a few feet away from his foe, slightly rejuvenated. Poliwag gasps and falls towards the ground, KOed. *Level up for Medeo*

A shadow begins to crawl onto the shore of the beach, and a large claw snaps as a small crab-like Pokemon sidesteps onto the battlefied. The Krabby looks at the three other knocked out Pokemon on the shore, and whips his large claw around, spraying a Bubblebeam directly at Medeo, knocking the Meditite over the edge, healthwise. Meditite crouches to a knee, obviously unable to battle any further...

What will you do?


On the sea barrier side of Volcanity, Inc., Cortoza Island’s imposing research facility, by the phosphorescent light of his work-issued headlamp, the trainer Benjamin Hale watched as the concluding events of the battle unfolded before his grey-green eyes. As the Meditite Medeo and the Pineco Forteo put the finishing touches on their wild adversaries, Ben breathed out a grateful sigh that perhaps now they would get a minute’s peace. For now it looked as though the assaulting Pokemon had been dealt with.

“Brilliant work, mates!” Ben praised his weary, but victorious comrades. Beaming, Forteo bounced up and down on his bottomspike happily, while the more stoic Meditite merely nodded. “Thanks for your help, Forteo.” Ben unclipped a Pokeball from his belt, pointed it in the little Pinecone’s direction, and recalled him. “Enjoy your rest,” Ben said cheerfully as he replaced Forteo’s Pokeball. At that moment though, a sudden movement near the water’s edge caught the corner of his eye and attracted his attention. He turned the headlamp up to full power and directed it at the shadow slowly making it’s way up the beach. As the concentrated beam of light fell on the dark figure, Ben bolted in surprise to discover that the latest mysterious Pokemon intruder was none other than a wild Krabby. He could hardly believe his eyes or contain his excitement. Frantically, he fished around inside the brown canvas messenger bag he had slung over his shoulder. After a moment of searching, he extracted a thin, flat, rectangular object. Flipping open a previously hidden view screen on the top of the device, he pointed it’s sensor in Krabby’s direction.

Blip-blip. Bleep-bloop. A faint, cobalt bulb winked in the darkness as the sable colored Pokedex whistled harmoniously to life. “Krabby. The River Crab Pokemon,” a robotic, nasally-sounding voice intoned. “It can be found near the sea. Krabby live on beaches, burrowed inside holes dug into the sand. On sandy beaches with little in the way of food, these Pokemon can be seen squabbling with each other over territory. If it is unable to find food, it will absorb nutrients by swallowing a mouthful of sand. If it senses danger approaching, it cloaks itself with bubbles from its mouth so it will look bigger. The large pincers fully grow back if they are torn out of their sockets or broken in battle. Its pincers are not only powerful weapons, they are used for balance when walking sideways.”

“…used for balance when walking sideways.” Familiar words. Ben echoed them as he shut off the electronic encyclopedia and quickly stuffed it into his bag. He hadn’t needed the Pokedex’s reminder of what they said, he had committed the entire entry to memory many years before. Watching Krabby scuttle closer, he was instantly transported in his mind to a time and place long ago.

In his memory, he was a still a young boy, standing on the wooden deck of a floating house, marveling at the sun rise over Route 131. Every morning he watched as the golden orb smiled upon the waters; then he would grab his surf board and ride the waves out to the jagged sea rocks not far from his hometown of Pacifidlog. There he spent hours observing the complex behaviour patterns and peculiar way of life of the River Crab Pokemon. Studying the countless Krabby that inhabited the tropical waters surrounding his home, Ben had learned that they were almost always fighting over something, whether mates, hunting ground, or the best hiding holes. Most fascinating to Ben however, had been how they had developed a means of communicating to one another by drumming or waving their pincers. Ever since his youth, Ben had had a fondness for the aggressive crustacean.

Now he was a teenager; many years removed from those halcyon summer days. He had traveled to this curious, unfamiliar land, many, many miles from the place of his birth, in order to atone for the sins of his past. Since his arrival, he and his longtime Meditite partner Medeo, had freed a tortured Machop, helped to apprehend a lunatic trainer, traveled through a passage in time, investigated an abandoned amusement park, and accepted temporary positions as security guards for one of the planet’s top research facilities. The two friends had seen many unusual things, experienced many wonderful adventures, and met many unforgettable individuals. Face-to-face once again with the River Crab, the Pokemon that reminded him most of his home, he couldn’t believe he had encountered one so soon. Fate had certainly been kind to him. Ben knew he had to do everything he could to catch it. He couldn’t let this opportunity pass him by.

Ben had only been reminiscing for a few moments, but Medeo was growing impatient. Krabby was sidestepping onto the battlefield and Ben hadn’t issued any instructions yet. Awaiting his orders and unaware of his trainer’s flashback, Medeo regarded Ben with a quizzical expression. Before Ben could remark however, Krabby whipped one of his claws around in a show of power and blasted Medeo with a Beam of highly-concentrated Bubbles. Ben wore a shocked expression as he watched the equally-surprised Yoga Pokemon tumble backwards uncerimoniously. Medeo’s eyes were wide at Krabby’s apparent critical hit. Caught off guard, Krabby’s attack had seemingly nailed one of Medeo’s weak spots and further depleted the already-weakened Meditite’s health.

“Are you okay, mate?!” Ben quickly asked Medeo. In response, the Meditite slowly shook his tiny, onion-shaped head from side-to-side and took a knee, too winded to go on. Ever the picture of determination though, Medeo refused to let himself grimace or any show pain. “Just rest a bit -- Hyneo can handle Krabby. If you can manage an AQUA RING (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9416997&postcount=6), it might help to reenergize you for later.” Medeo nodded feebly and Ben regretted the lose of his best partner in the upcoming battle, but knew the diminutive Meditite was in no condition to go on. He quickly unclipped a pink Pokeball from his belt and pressing the round trigger switch, released the Poochyena Hyneo. In a flash of scarlet brilliance the monochromatic wolfpup appeared in front of Ben. “I need your help, girl,” he explained as he motioned in Medeo’s direction. “Are you ready to fight?” Wagging her tail excitedly, Hyneo barked and Ben quickly reached down and scratched her behind the ears.

Wasting no time, Ben straightened and issued instructions, “Now’s our chance, mate! Let’s try to catch this Krabby.” Even after having seen the fainted bodies of the other wild Pokemon scattered across the battlefield, Krabby had still chosen to attack Medeo, and Ben marveled at its fearlessness and the strength that had been displayed in its aquatic strike. Perilous and powerful. If he could catch it, this Krabby would definitely make a good addition to his team. “Watch out for Krabby’s pincers,” Ben warned. “Use SAND ATTACK (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/261.shtml) to help you dodge -- then go with two quick TACKLE (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/261.shtml)s. Be careful not to knock Krabby out though, because I want to catch it.” His mind made up, Ben reached once again inside his bag. This time however, he pulled out a Pokeball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9440662&postcount=5543), just waiting for fate to provide him with the perfect opportunity to use it…


* for reference: level 25 male meditite is now level 26 *

* for reference: level 21 male pineco is now level 22 *

_____________________________
fb (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1)

PeeGee
20th May 2009, 3:38 AM
Okay, here are my first set of updates, here's to hoping that they are good enough. If there are any problems, just let me know via PM and I will fix them ASAP.

Tale: Not willing to let the Ralts die in such an inglorious death you motion for Simone to pick up the psychic-type pokemon in her jaws. Carefully picking up Ralts, Simone follows you to the entrance, both of you intent on making it to the shrine. As you make your way out you notice that the rumbling has gotten worse and many pokemon, ranging from the small fry such as Sandshrew and Slugma to the big guns such a Rhyperior and Magmortar, are running away from the volcano. You feel slightly unnerved by this, but it isn't enough to deter you from doing what you can here to do. You start to slowly climb the track to the shrine, checking on Simone every now and then to see how the Ralts is going. The psychic type is still unconscious, but it is still breathing so you know that your decision to stop the Ralts from dying was a good one. But how long it will last is still unknown to you. As you ponder over Ralt's condition the lava continues to slowly seep down the mountain. Looking up you see that it has already covered the very top of Mt Pele. The trail in front of you is crumbling away, with some parts of the trail already completely gone. Looking around this appears to be the only way to get to the shrine, and the trail doesn't look to stable at that. With the lava flowing down and the trail in front of you crumbling away it seems that getting to Pele's Shrine may be more difficult that you originally thought. And to make things worse it seems that a fleeing Skarmory has noticed the unconscious form of Ralts in Simone's mouth, and has decided that it wants it for itself. It is still a fair bit away but its picking up speed and may soon reach you.

What will you do?

fishyfool: Deciding upon a nickname for your Aipom you set off to get revenge on the men form Volcanity Inc, acknowledging that the men appear to be afraid of you. Setting off through the jungle, you are determined to make the men pay for what they did to the poor Finneon. With Jackie running by your side and Meteos floating by your side, you make quick progress through the rain forest, even though you are now pouring buckets of sweat. Soon, however, you need to take a break, and as you rest the sound of leaves rustling echoes through the forest. Ignoring this you continue to rest, until the sound gets closer. It continues to get closer until a Primeape bursts out of the forest. Its eyes were bright red and foam was bubbling out of its mouth, not good signs. Attached to its neck is a chain-like necklace with a giant red gem on it. The gem glows brightly before it shoots out a hologram of, surprise surprise, the two men that you are after.

"Listen up you little pain," says the stockier of the two men, "That little Finneon message should have been enough to show you that we mean serious business. But you don't seem to want to leave us alone. So we have decided to take matters into out own hands. This Primeape here has been whipped everyday and night for the last three weeks and it's a tad bit angry. So, have fun dealing with it."

With that the hologram disappears and the Primeape stares straight at you, with an insane look in its eyes before it charges.

What will you do?

Hayward: Ordering Medeo to rest and use Aqua Ring to help recover some health for later you release your Poochyena, Hyneo, from her ball. After issuing your commands Hyneo wastes no time in flicking up some sand with her tail, the Sand Attack impairing Krabby's vision. The crab tried to scrap some of the sand out of its eyes, but when it became apparent that it wasn't working Krabby stuck out its claw and shot out a Bubblebeam in Hyneo's direction. The pup simply leaps out of the way of the bubbles and charges at Krabby, her Tackle knocking the crab onto its back. As the Krabby struggles to prop itself back up Hyneo charges at it again with another Tackle. This time the Krabby is propelled backwards into a tree. Krabby uprights itself before shooting out another Bubblebeam at Hyneo. This time the attack hits the Poochyena and pushes the puppy back towards her trainer. Surprisingly quick the Krabby then proceeds to run at Poochyena and before she can do anything clamps one of its claws onto Hyneo's leg with a Vicegrip. The pain makes the puppy squeal as the Krabby's grip gets tighter and tighter before it lets go. Meanwhile Medeo gains a little bit of health from his earlier Aqua Ring. With her leg now impaired, it seems that Hyneo has to finish this battle soon her it might become worse.

What will you do?

-Hayward-
20th May 2009, 4:27 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply, and just so you know, Medeo is in one of the shops, so he is temporarily unusable.*


Okay, here are my first set of updates, here's to hoping that they are good enough. If there are any problems, just let me know via PM and I will fix them ASAP.

Hayward: Ordering Medeo to rest and use Aqua Ring to help recover some health for later you release your Poochyena, Hyneo, from her ball. After issuing your commands Hyneo wastes no time in flicking up some sand with her tail, the Sand Attack impairing Krabby's vision. The crab tried to scrap some of the sand out of its eyes, but when it became apparent that it wasn't working Krabby stuck out its claw and shot out a Bubblebeam in Hyneo's direction. The pup simply leaps out of the way of the bubbles and charges at Krabby, her Tackle knocking the crab onto its back. As the Krabby struggles to prop itself back up Hyneo charges at it again with another Tackle. This time the Krabby is propelled backwards into a tree. Krabby uprights itself before shooting out another Bubblebeam at Hyneo. This time the attack hits the Poochyena and pushes the puppy back towards her trainer. Surprisingly quick the Krabby then proceeds to run at Poochyena and before she can do anything clamps one of its claws onto Hyneo's leg with a Vicegrip. The pain makes the puppy squeal as the Krabby's grip gets tighter and tighter before it lets go. Meanwhile Medeo gains a little bit of health from his earlier Aqua Ring. With her leg now impaired, it seems that Hyneo has to finish this battle soon her it might become worse.

What will you do?

Ben watched the events of battle unfold before his grey-green eyes, narrowed into slits in concentration. Hyneo had successfully impaired the wild Krabby’s vision with a vicious Sand Attack, before building up a head of steam, and slamming into the River Crab a full body Tackle. Wasting no time, Hyneo went after the slightly dazed Krabby again, only to be repelled by a highly-concentrated Beam of Bubbles. The Bubblebeam sent Hyneo skidding to a halt at Ben’s feet, and Ben noted that the Krabby was a powerful opponent indeed. Hollering encouragement to the little Bite Pokemon, Ben watched as the enemy Krabby scuttled over to Hyneo and Gripped her leg with all the strength of a Vice. Ben winced as he heard the wolfpup’s pained yelp, but on seeing the River Crab finally release Hyneo, he resumed his supportive cheering.

“Brilliant work so far, girl!” he exclaimed. “Go after Krabby again, but be careful not to knock it out!” The thought of making his first Pokemon capture filled Ben with excitement, but he also realized that with Hyneo’s bruised leg, she wouldn’t be able to last much longer. He rolled the Pokeball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9440662&postcount=5543), around in his fingers, waiting for fate to provide him the perfect opportunity to toss it, as he issued his instructions. “Give Krabby a bit of Payback (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=77783&postcount=103”), then go with Shadow Claw (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=77783&postcount=103”). Be ready to defend with Protect (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=77783&postcount=103”) at any time,” Ben directed the monochromatic Poochyena. Hyneo gave a bark of assent and Ben hoped for a good chance to try to catch Krabby…

_________________________
fb (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1)

PeeGee
20th May 2009, 7:20 AM
Hayward: Hyneo charged towards the Krabby, a dark aura surrounding her body. Krabby stared as the Poochyena ran towards it and just as Hyneo was about to connect with the crab, it releases a Bubblebeam. As the bubbles hit Hyneo, the aura around her body begins to intensify and when she connects with the Krabby the aura glows as some of the damage that Hyneo took is transferred due to the Payback. Before Krabby can recuperate Hyneo proceeds to slash at it with her Claw which is now enhanced with Shadow energy. Krabby screams out in pain as it collapses. The crab tries to get back up onto its legs, but is unable to due to the damage that it has taken. As Krabby tries to get up you calmly walk over to it and tap it on the head with your pokeball. Krabby is sucked in with little resistance and is nearly immediately captured. Congratulations you have caught a Lv 5 Male Krabby.

With Krabby caught you look around to see if anymore pokemon are going to show up. When you see that they have finally stopped coming to attack you, you give a sigh of relief. As you continue you patrol, you can't help but feel as if something bad is going on, but you just assume that it's because of the pokemon attacks. Soon your shift is over and you can return to base. When you get back to base, the feeling that something bad is going on returns, but once again you shrug it off. Once you get inside you head straight for the Lounge, but when you get there you find that's empty. Slightly unnerved by this you grab a magazine and sit down to read it when you hear an explosion coming from the Practice Room. Even though it could have just as easily been an pokemon using Explosion in a battle you rush to the room. As you open the door you see a giant hole in the middle of the room. You hear screams coming from the hole then you hear nothing. Even though you think that you shouldn't, you peer into the hole and see a metal tunnel, with blood smeared all over it. Whatever caused this would have to be enormous and dangerous, but you can't help but think that you should stop it, whatever it is.

What will you do?

-Hayward-
25th May 2009, 1:15 AM
Hayward: Hyneo charged towards the Krabby, a dark aura surrounding her body. Krabby stared as the Poochyena ran towards it and just as Hyneo was about to connect with the crab, it releases a Bubblebeam. As the bubbles hit Hyneo, the aura around her body begins to intensify and when she connects with the Krabby the aura glows as some of the damage that Hyneo took is transferred due to the Payback. Before Krabby can recuperate Hyneo proceeds to slash at it with her Claw which is now enhanced with Shadow energy. Krabby screams out in pain as it collapses. The crab tries to get back up onto its legs, but is unable to due to the damage that it has taken. As Krabby tries to get up you calmly walk over to it and tap it on the head with your pokeball. Krabby is sucked in with little resistance and is nearly immediately captured. Congratulations you have caught a Lv 5 Male Krabby.

With Krabby caught you look around to see if anymore pokemon are going to show up. When you see that they have finally stopped coming to attack you, you give a sigh of relief. As you continue you patrol, you can't help but feel as if something bad is going on, but you just assume that it's because of the pokemon attacks. Soon your shift is over and you can return to base. When you get back to base, the feeling that something bad is going on returns, but once again you shrug it off. Once you get inside you head straight for the Lounge, but when you get there you find that's empty. Slightly unnerved by this you grab a magazine and sit down to read it when you hear an explosion coming from the Practice Room. Even though it could have just as easily been an pokemon using Explosion in a battle you rush to the room. As you open the door you see a giant hole in the middle of the room. You hear screams coming from the hole then you hear nothing. Even though you think that you shouldn't, you peer into the hole and see a metal tunnel, with blood smeared all over it. Whatever caused this would have to be enormous and dangerous, but you can't help but think that you should stop it, whatever it is.

What will you do?



*OOC: I dropped Poochyena off at a shop, so I’m just returning her to her Pokeball.

On the Island of Cortoza, by the light of his phosphorescent, work-issued headlamp, the trainer Benjamin Hale watched as the recently cast Pokeball swayed back and forth hypnotically. Only moments ago, he had tossed the red and white capture capsule at a wild Krabby after it had engaged him and his companions in battle. After a brief skirmish between Krabby and the Poochyena, Hyneo, the River Crab had been sufficiently weakened, and seeing his chance, Ben had attempted to catch it. Holding his breath now, he anxiously waited to see if the aggressive crustacean inside would indeed be secured. Deet…Deet…Deet…DING! The red light in the center of the containment orb suddenly winked on, signaling the capture of Ben’s first Pokemon. Quickly rushing to the red and white sphere, Ben grasped it and lifted it high into the Cortoza sky. He let out a happy shout and danced around in the sand, Hyneo circling him, barking joyfully.

Clipping the Pokeball now housing Krabby to his belt, Ben swiftly glanced around to see if any more wild Pokemon would show up, but when none appeared he breathed out a grateful sigh. Still exhausted from his labors earlier, Medeo continued to recuperate with his back against a large rock, while the young wolfpup lay down in the sand wearily. She had had a good workout, too. Seeing his partners’ fatigue, Ben wasted no time in recalling the weary Meditite and the cheerful Poochyena. The remainder of Ben’s shift passed uneventfully, still the teenage trainer couldn’t shake the sense of foreboding that hung thick in the air around Volcanity, Inc. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this,” he remarked to the night. Nothing dreadful happened though, and he shrugged and grinned, “I suppose it’s nothing. After four wild Pokemon ambushes, I guess I’m just a little jittery.” He set off at a leisurely pace, resuming his patrol of the outer perimeter of the massive research facility, the soft padding of his white adidas running shoes the only sound echoing in the stillness.


* * *

Ben’s shift finally came to an end and he entered the sweeping foyer. As Ben passed through the automatic, sliding doors, he was once again suddenly struck by the feeling that something sinister was about to happen. He quickly surveyed the stately lobby with his grey-green eyes, half-expecting more wild Pokemon to jump out from behind the receptionist’s counter, but once again, nothing happened, and he noticed that nothing appeared out of place. He shook his head rapidly from side-to-side, trying to shake the sense of foreboding. “I must have worked too hard,” he muttered. “I’m becoming paranoid.” He said as he massaged his forehead with his right hand. “I need some rest.”

Wasting no time, Ben crossed the reception area and made his way down the hall to the lounge. The doors slid open without a sound, and Ben collapsed in the first reclining chair he saw. He needed something to take his thoughts off the events of his shift. He needed a mindless distraction. On a nearby table he spied a variety of different magazine scattered about haphazardly. Chronicling the latest happenings in world of Pokemon, they bore names like Johto’s Next Top Coordinator, FB Timeout, The Visionary Glade, and Flip My Base. Never having been a fan of gossip, Ben reached out and grabbed one with an advertisement for custom Pokedexes on the cover. “Now YOU can Choose the Color of Your Dreams!” it said. But he didn’t really feel like reading, so he just flipped through the pages instead, skimming with only mild interest. He really hoped that the specifications, details, and technological comparisons might bore him to sleep.

Just as his eyelids were becoming too heavy to keep open any longer, the lounge was rocked by a loud explosion coming from the Practice Room. So near to Dream Land, Ben initially wanted to dismiss the disturbance as the sound of a friendly battle; but his premonition of danger suddenly gnawed at him, and he decided to check it out. Tossing the magazine carelessly onto the table, he rushed out of the Lounge and towards the Practice Room, his heart beating faster as he neared the door, unsure of what he might find there.

Ben’s eyes popped out as he entered the chamber and was greeted by the sight of a gapping hole in the far wall. Screams from the yawning opening reverberated around the room and he bolted in shock. In an instant, though the room was silent and Ben let out a sudden gasp. Wearing a startled expression, Ben crossed to the tunnel and hesitantly peered in, inspecting the jagged edges. Glancing around nervously, Ben wondered what could have made such an enormous hole in the laboratory’s metal wall. He took a careful step into the tunnel, and bolted in shock for the second time, when he immediately spied the blood covering the walls.

Standing in the entrance of the tunnel, Ben continued gaze off uneasily down the passageway, trying to identify the source of the screams. He lingered for another moment at the passage’s threshold, fully expecting one of the other security guards from Volcanity, Inc. to arrive on the scene, and provide back-up. When no one came though, Ben decided that if he didn’t do something quickly, it might be too late. If he didn’t act now, he might not get a second chance.

Wearing a determined look, Ben set off at a trot down the tunnel in the direction of the screams, hoping it wasn’t too late to stop whatever had created the huge hole, and to save whoever had been screaming in the tunnel earlier…

_________________
fb

Tale
25th May 2009, 2:44 AM
Okay, here are my first set of updates, here's to hoping that they are good enough. If there are any problems, just let me know via PM and I will fix them ASAP.

Tale: Not willing to let the Ralts die in such an inglorious death you motion for Simone to pick up the psychic-type pokemon in her jaws. Carefully picking up Ralts, Simone follows you to the entrance, both of you intent on making it to the shrine. As you make your way out you notice that the rumbling has gotten worse and many pokemon, ranging from the small fry such as Sandshrew and Slugma to the big guns such a Rhyperior and Magmortar, are running away from the volcano. You feel slightly unnerved by this, but it isn't enough to deter you from doing what you can here to do. You start to slowly climb the track to the shrine, checking on Simone every now and then to see how the Ralts is going. The psychic type is still unconscious, but it is still breathing so you know that your decision to stop the Ralts from dying was a good one. But how long it will last is still unknown to you. As you ponder over Ralt's condition the lava continues to slowly seep down the mountain. Looking up you see that it has already covered the very top of Mt Pele. The trail in front of you is crumbling away, with some parts of the trail already completely gone. Looking around this appears to be the only way to get to the shrine, and the trail doesn't look to stable at that. With the lava flowing down and the trail in front of you crumbling away it seems that getting to Pele's Shrine may be more difficult that you originally thought. And to make things worse it seems that a fleeing Skarmory has noticed the unconscious form of Ralts in Simone's mouth, and has decided that it wants it for itself. It is still a fair bit away but its picking up speed and may soon reach you.

What will you do?

Thanks again for taking us on, Pika - and thank you for the swift updating. I'm greatly looking forward to this =).

The incessant rumbling drummed like an ache on his mind, and it was with forced composure that Oscar abandoned the terrible occurrences he’d recently witnessed and proceeded back towards the cave’s entrance, climbing back through the secret passage and glancing with a renewed clarity on the symbols that lined the walls. The rumble began to intensify.

“Prepare yourself, Simone,” Oscar warned his indifferent canine as she slowly tailed with the unconscious psychic creature clutched softly in her jaws. As he emerged, the heat struck him again like a wall. Perhaps it was the presumption of Pele’s eruption, but Oscar was swiftly overcome by a certainty that the heat had intensified since his initial trek. Yet, with all the currently dire considerations at hand, he rapidly subdued any urge to reconsider his plan with the stalwartness he’d always shown to the fruitfulness of peril. Whatever the danger, its eventual defeat would yield the most rewarding of outcomes, of that Oscar was certain.

He glanced up the volcano’s acclivity with a frown. Descending the rocky slope were a vast variety of species, each terrified by the wrath of the mountain’s god, each seemingly unaccustomed to the situation in which they’d found themselves suddenly thrust. Oscar glanced back at the Ralts in Simone’s grip, the seeming perpetrator of the eruption, and speculated over how a creature so minute could trigger a chaos of such overwhelming magnitude. Temporarily concluding to dismiss the issue, he wasted no more time on contemplation, and began to climb the volcano’s trail with determination.

As he clambered up the slope once more, attempting to overcome the overwhelming heat of the atmosphere, Oscar turned to Simone, who lingered behind with the Ralts in her jaws. As she approached, Oscar patted her head gently before taking the Ralts from her grasp and holding the creature in his own arms. “You’ll require your dexterity, Simone, of that I am certain,” he said to the dark hound, signalling for her to lead the way up the gradually deteriorating trail. Ahead, the relentless burning substance slowly ate through the path and threatened to swallow Oscar and his companions in its unyielding descent. “Were I to turn now, we’d certainly never make the base before being consumed by this lava. Our only hope, Simone, is that we reach this shrine.” Almost at the moment Oscar uttered his encouragement, he recognised the steely glint of a Skarmory high in the sky having certainly eyed the Ralts he currently held firmly in his arms.

“What misfortune. Simone, run for it!” Oscar cried. They needed to reach the shrine imminently if chance was to lean in their favour on this occasion. He carefully watched the creeping lava, conscious of its proximity.

“Simone, if that bird up there at any point decides to swoop in on us, give it a Psywave and Will-o-wisp, attempt to drive it away. We need to reach that shrine now.”

Clutching the Ralts to his chest, Oscar continued with a steadfast glare. He would not retreat now, not until the lava was at his feet.

PeeGee
25th May 2009, 8:53 AM
Hayward: Deciding that if you don't go through the tunnel that it might be too late, you step back into the tunnel. Trotting down the tunnel, you notice that it is very long and bland, with the scenery around not changing. You walk for about ten minutes before you hear footsteps. You quickly run towards the noise, and see a woman in a white lab coat running. She has blood smeared over her coat and arms, and looks terrified. She soon notices you and grabs you arm.

"Please help us," she sobbed, "It got loose and now I don't know what to do!"

After she said that the woman notices your look of confusion about what is going on.

"We here at Volcanity Inc have been developing the perfect pokemon. It was to be the perfect specimen, and it would have made use millions. But something went wrong, horribly wrong," she started to explain. "We needed DNA for it and the only available source was the local pokemon. I knew then that we should have stopped, but I didn't listen to myself and continued the project. We killed hundreds of pokemon for their DNA, and when we finally combined it all, it all went wrong. The DNA wasn't being fully accepted and it drove our perfect pokemon insane. It broke free and I was one of the only people to escape. The others sacrificed themselves to make sure that the creature didn't escape from the Practice Room. It isn't an evil monster, it is just a confused pokemon and I don't want to see it get hurt, but something has to be done about it..."

At that last sentence she breaks down and starts to cry and looks up at you with tear stained eyes.

"Please will you help me with putting it out of its misery?" she asks.

What will you do?

Tale: Determined not to give up you continue to run along the path, with the Skarmory closing in on you. You seem to be getting along the path with no difficulty, until you take a step and the path underneath you crumbles away. You quickly start to plunge, but you manage to grab hold of the path. You quickly pull yourself up, only to nearly fall down again when Skarmory swoops you. Seeing the Skarmory, Simone focuses her attention on it and sends a series of purple rings towards it. Skarmory lets out a loud squawk before diving towards the dog pokemon. The Psywave simply disappears as Skarmory passes through them and sprays a shower of stars at Simone. She tries to dodge the Swift but is unable to as the stars follow her. As the stars collide with Simone she accidentally lets go of the Ralts in her mouth.

Skarmory sees this and swoops down towards the unconscious pokemon, but before it can get to Ralts, Simone shoots a small fireball out of her mouth. The fireball slams into the steel bird and gives it a small burn, which is enough of a distraction for Simone to run in and grab Ralts again. But Skarmory still hasn't given up on getting the Ralts. As it swoops down at Simone again, it releases another Swift. Once again the stars collide with Simone, but this time she doesn't drop Ralts. As you watch all this going on you look up and notice that the lava has started to flow fast and is starting to get close to you.

What will you do?

fishyfool
25th May 2009, 2:02 PM
Okay, here are my first set of updates, here's to hoping that they are good enough. If there are any problems, just let me know via PM and I will fix them ASAP.

fishyfool: Deciding upon a nickname for your Aipom you set off to get revenge on the men form Volcanity Inc, acknowledging that the men appear to be afraid of you. Setting off through the jungle, you are determined to make the men pay for what they did to the poor Finneon. With Jackie running by your side and Meteos floating by your side, you make quick progress through the rain forest, even though you are now pouring buckets of sweat. Soon, however, you need to take a break, and as you rest the sound of leaves rustling echoes through the forest. Ignoring this you continue to rest, until the sound gets closer. It continues to get closer until a Primeape bursts out of the forest. Its eyes were bright red and foam was bubbling out of its mouth, not good signs. Attached to its neck is a chain-like necklace with a giant red gem on it. The gem glows brightly before it shoots out a hologram of, surprise surprise, the two men that you are after.

"Listen up you little pain," says the stockier of the two men, "That little Finneon message should have been enough to show you that we mean serious business. But you don't seem to want to leave us alone. So we have decided to take matters into out own hands. This Primeape here has been whipped everyday and night for the last three weeks and it's a tad bit angry. So, have fun dealing with it."

With that the hologram disappears and the Primeape stares straight at you, with an insane look in its eyes before it charges.

What will you do?


As the three continued through the undergrowth, Jamie leaking sweat by the bucketload and Jackie following at a swift pace, Jamie gave a quick glance towards Meteos, who seemed to be thinking about something. Remembering that said Lunatone was defeated by a chimp, he thought that the meteorite pokemon was perhaps a little jealous of the current ape situation, with him being outnumbered three to one. Shrugging it off, the trio halted for a rest on a nearby thicket, and a rustle of leaves caught Jamie's attention. Taking the rustle to likely be a pokemon running through the woods, he ignored it until said creature bounded through the plantlife, revealing itself to be a Primeape.

Recognising it, Jamie thought back to what it was that was said about the species, and gulped a little as the info surfaced: Primeape were consistently angry, and looking into the eyes of one would make it spite you until the day it dies. The foam around its mouth dripped in front of a large gem, which came to light to reveal two familiar faces as Jamie gave a low growl at Spovelli and his associate. Listening to their words, he kept his determined leer at the hologram, showing no fear towards the men, and upon hearing the poor monkey's fate, felt slight sympathy for the chimp.

"Jackie, those guys are the reason that Ambipom attacked you," Jamie whispered to the Aipom, who scampered up his back and peeked fearfully as the crazed Pig Monkey began to charge for him. Turning his head towards Meteos, Jamie gave a small grin and a nod as the Lunatone's eyes flared up in preparation for battle.

"Meteos, it's time for you to show this monkey who's boss. Start by scrambling his brain with some confusion, then while he's wincing, take advantage of the fact that Primeape are physical creatures by hardening yourself, before pushing him back with a burst of earth power."

The Meteorite pokemon gave a small nod, seemingly giving a vicious grin before turning to the incoming threat. He had been shamed once before by a chimp, he shall have his revenge.

-Hayward-
26th May 2009, 4:51 AM
Hayward: Deciding that if you don't go through the tunnel that it might be too late, you step back into the tunnel. Trotting down the tunnel, you notice that it is very long and bland, with the scenery around not changing. You walk for about ten minutes before you hear footsteps. You quickly run towards the noise, and see a woman in a white lab coat running. She has blood smeared over her coat and arms, and looks terrified. She soon notices you and grabs you arm.

"Please help us," she sobbed, "It got loose and now I don't know what to do!"

After she said that the woman notices your look of confusion about what is going on.

"We here at Volcanity Inc have been developing the perfect pokemon. It was to be the perfect specimen, and it would have made use millions. But something went wrong, horribly wrong," she started to explain. "We needed DNA for it and the only available source was the local pokemon. I knew then that we should have stopped, but I didn't listen to myself and continued the project. We killed hundreds of pokemon for their DNA, and when we finally combined it all, it all went wrong. The DNA wasn't being fully accepted and it drove our perfect pokemon insane. It broke free and I was one of the only people to escape. The others sacrificed themselves to make sure that the creature didn't escape from the Practice Room. It isn't an evil monster, it is just a confused pokemon and I don't want to see it get hurt, but something has to be done about it..."

At that last sentence she breaks down and starts to cry and looks up at you with tear stained eyes.

"Please will you help me with putting it out of its misery?" she asks.

What will you do?




His mind made up to lend whatever assistance he could, Ben set off a trot down the tunnel, his heart racing in his chest at what he might find at the end. Travel down the tunnel passed uneventfully, the passageway the epitome of sameness. Ben had gone a little over a kilometre and a half without much change in scenery, and was just beginning to think maybe he was too late after all to help when, at just that moment, he heard the faint sound of footsteps running in his direction. He stopped and instinctively reached towards his belt, waiting for the figure to clearly come into view. His grey-green eyes popped right out of his head when he saw the female researcher running straight towards him, panic and worry etched upon her face. Ben noticed that her white lab coat was covered with splattered blood and bolted in alarm at the sight. When he fully recovered from his initial shock, he wondered if the blood belonged to her or someone else…

Tightly clutching hold of Ben’s arm, she spoke, sobbing. "Please help us. It got loose and now I don't know what to do!" Confused, Ben regarded the woman, a quizzical expression on his face.

"We here at Volcanity Inc have been developing the perfect Pokemon. It was to be the perfect specimen, and it would have made use millions. But something went wrong, horribly wrong," she explain as Ben listened attentively. "We needed DNA for it and the only available source was the local Pokemon.” Ben’s mind raced as the woman spoke. DNA splicing and manipulation. Genetic engineering. Pokemon experimentation. Well, that explains all the wild Pokemon attacks, Ben thought to himself ruefully. The wild Pokemon must have been attacking in an effort to get the scientists to stop testing.

“I knew then that we should have stopped, but I didn't listen to myself and continued the project,” the woman continued. “We killed hundreds of Pokemon for their DNA, and when we finally combined it all, it all went wrong. The DNA wasn't being fully accepted and it drove our perfect Pokemon insane. It broke free and I was one of the only people to escape. The others sacrificed themselves to make sure that the creature didn't escape from the Practice Room. It isn't an evil monster, it is just a confused Pokemon and I don't want to see it get hurt, but something has to be done about it..." Overcome with grief and emotion, the woman broke down and began weeping, causing Ben to bolt in shock.

"Please will you help me with putting it out of its misery?" the female scientist asked, her eyes wet with tears.

“What do you mean by ‘Put it out of its… misery?’” Ben asked, hesitation clearly evident in his voice. “I’ll help you, but I’m not good at killing…” For a moment, Ben’s mind drifted back to a time a few years before, when he had still been a member of the gang, Red Gyarados. In his memory, he was in a darkened bedroom, standing in front of a king-sized bed, staring at its sleeping occupant. He and his Meditite partner had been sent here, along with other gang members, on a mission to assassinate the leader of a rival syndicate. He had made it as far as the rival boss’s bedroom, yet as he gazed upon the figure resting peacefully in the lavishly-decorated bed, he couldn’t bring himself to do the task he’d been assigned. Taking the life of another creature was a line he knew he could never cross. His decision was not without cost however, as his failure to carry out his own boss’s orders had resulted in severe punishment. At a crossroads in his life, he had chosen to leave his past behind and start over fresh. Ultimately, that night was the reason he and Medeo had traveled to this curious new land, in order to begin a new life.

Ben glanced at the blood smeared across the front of the female scientist’s white lab coat. This Pokemon was obviously dangerous, very dangerous. Probably more dangerous than what he could handle. The woman had said that the others had sacrificed themselves to prevent its escape, Ben didn’t know if that meant they were dead or not. If so, then when he and his companions faced this Pokemon, one, or all of them, might be next. It was a prospect he didn’t enjoy. How could he put his friends in harm’s way like that? On the other hand, if they didn’t try something, who else would? If this Pokemon was allowed to run free, there was no telling how many other innocent lives it might endanger. Ben let out a sigh as he realized once again, that he didn’t really have a choice. He didn’t know what he woud do, but he knew he would at least have to try. Massaging his forehead with his right hand, he briefly introduced himself as Ben Hale and firmly stated, “I’ll help you, but first please tell me all you know about this Pokemon. I need to know everything about it so I can try to come up with a plan.” Ben’s grey-green gaze fell once again on the crimson stain on the scientist’s jacket. “But we better hurry, you can explain it all on the way.”

________________________
fb (“”)

PeeGee
30th May 2009, 2:43 AM
Fishyfool: As you give Meteos his orders the Primeape charges towards the floating stone. It raises its arm and slams it down on Meteos, its Karate Chop not doing as much damage due to Meteos' Psychic typing. The Lunatone responds to this with a Confusion, his eyes glowing purple before Meteos sends a small purple beam towards Primeape. The attack hits Primeape and soon Meteos is in Primeape's mind. As Primeape momentarily loses control of its body, Meteos glowed before his rock body became even harder due to Harden. Breaking from Meteos' control Primeape grabs the Lunatone, its eyes filled with absolute rage. As Meteos struggles to get free of the Primeape's grip, the monkey jumps up into the air and throws him towards the ground with a forceful Seismic Toss. Meteos slams into the ground with a sickening THUD.

You look on in horror as Meteos lays on the ground unmoving, but relief washes over you when he slowly starts to get up. As he gets up Meteos also starts to glow orange and the moment Primeape touches down on the ground Meteos lets loose with his Earthpower. A crack forms in the ground and as it reaches the monkey pokemon, the ground literally explodes. Primeape is sent flying as rocks and pieces of the earth pelt it and stops when it is sent into a tree. The Primeape doesn't get back up. Level up for Meteos

Walking over to the fallen simian, you ponder that if Primeape hadn't been relentlessly abused, that it could have possibly beaten Meteos quite easily. You quickly disperse this thought and are about to leave when Primeape begins to scream. You look back and see that there is a bright red light coming out of Primeape's stomach. You quickly come to the conclusion that it's another laser, but this time the victim is still alive. Soon the Primeape falls silent, and the laser finishes its work. You look at the now deceased pokemon's stomach and see that there is a message on it.

So you were able to defeat Primeape, oh well it was nice and disposable it reads But this is just the tip of the iceberg. You will not get in our way and we will do anything to stop you!

The message is clearly a threat, and the men have ended up killing another pokemon to try and deter you.

What will you do?

Hayward: The woman was let out a sigh of relief as you agree to help her. She grabs your arm and pulls you along with her.

"The pokemon is a mixture of all different pokemon. It's shape never stays the same due to all the unstable DNA in it, so it is constantly shifting. The last time I saw it the creature had the body of a Krabby, the antennae of a Chinchou, the arms of a Corphish and the legs of of something that I couldn't identify.," says the woman.

You look at her with disbelief, it must have a definite shape, but she continues on.

"It's power is immense and any normal pokemon won't be able to defeat it. But we did make a back up plan."

The woman puts her free hand into one of the pockets in her jacket and pulls out a needle. Inside the needle is a glowing liquid which is a bright turquoise.

"This is will allow any pokemon to gain enough strength on par with that of the creature, but it will only last so long. There is also the fact that we haven't ever tested this out so using this injection might be harmful to the pokemon that it is used on," she says.

The scientist is about to continue when you both hear a massive roar. You look forward and see a long tentacle slithering towards you. The woman looks at it with horror before it shoots forward and grabs her legs. Just before it grabs her the woman shoves the needle into your hand before the tentacle yanks her away. You watch in horror as she disappears and then a loud scream of pain echoes throughout the tunnel.

It appears that the creature is just around the corner and with the needle of glowing liquid in your hand you must make a decision to fight it or run.

What will you do?

-Hayward-
31st May 2009, 5:16 AM
Hayward: The woman was let out a sigh of relief as you agree to help her. She grabs your arm and pulls you along with her.

"The pokemon is a mixture of all different pokemon. It's shape never stays the same due to all the unstable DNA in it, so it is constantly shifting. The last time I saw it the creature had the body of a Krabby, the antennae of a Chinchou, the arms of a Corphish and the legs of of something that I couldn't identify.," says the woman.

You look at her with disbelief, it must have a definite shape, but she continues on.

"It's power is immense and any normal pokemon won't be able to defeat it. But we did make a back up plan."

The woman puts her free hand into one of the pockets in her jacket and pulls out a needle. Inside the needle is a glowing liquid which is a bright turquoise.

"This is will allow any pokemon to gain enough strength on par with that of the creature, but it will only last so long. There is also the fact that we haven't ever tested this out so using this injection might be harmful to the pokemon that it is used on," she says.

The scientist is about to continue when you both hear a massive roar. You look forward and see a long tentacle slithering towards you. The woman looks at it with horror before it shoots forward and grabs her legs. Just before it grabs her the woman shoves the needle into your hand before the tentacle yanks her away. You watch in horror as she disappears and then a loud scream of pain echoes throughout the tunnel.

It appears that the creature is just around the corner and with the needle of glowing liquid in your hand you must make a decision to fight it or run.

What will you do?

In an access tunnel leading off the enormous research facility, Volcanity, Inc., on the Island of Cortoza, the distraught female scientist eagerly awaited Ben’s response. As Ben nodded his agreement, the woman breathed out a grateful sigh and tightly clutched hold of his forearm in her thankful excitement. Ben briefly winced, but listened intently as she dragged him down the tunnel by the wrist, quickly explaining the situation.

"The Pokemon is a mixture of all different Pokemon. It's shape never stays the same due to all the unstable DNA in it, so it is constantly shifting. The last time I saw it, the creature had the body of a Krabby, the antennae of a Chinchou, the arms of a Corphish and the legs of something that I couldn't identify,” she stated, causing Ben to stop in his tracks and bolt in shock at the description of the genetically-altered creature. Wearing an expression of absolute bewilderment, he turned to the woman, but she continued on, dragging him along again and remarking, “Its power is immense and any normal Pokemon won’t be able to defeat it. But we did make a back up plan.”

Reaching into one of the pockets of her white lab coat, the female researcher quickly withdrew a syringe and held it up for Ben to see. “This will allow any Pokemon to gain enough strength on par with that creature, but it will only last so long. There is also the fact that we haven’t ever tested this out, so using this injection might be harmful to the Pokemon that it is used on,” she said, as Ben stared wide-eyed at the brilliantly-shining, turquoise liquid sloshing around inside the translucent container.

Ben opened his mouth to ask the scientist a few questions about the “experimental liquid,” when a deafening roar suddenly shook the tunnel walls, interrupting him and causing him to instinctively cover his ears. The female researcher wore a terrified expression as she watched one of the creature’s tentacles snaking around a bend in the tunnel and straight towards them. Seeing it swiftly approaching, the frightened woman quickly pressed the container into Ben’s outstretched palm. A split second later, the tentacle wrapped itself around her leg and violently dragged her away.

Everything happened so rapidly. All Ben could do was watch in horror as the woman disappeared around the bend. There was no time to think; all he could do was react. He had to try to save the woman. Hoping he wasn’t too late, Ben hurriedly stuffed the hypodermic into the brown, canvas messenger bag slung over his shoulder and dashed off after her down the passageway, the woman’s pained screams echoing in his ears…

__________________
fb (“”)

Tale
2nd June 2009, 2:41 AM
Tale: Determined not to give up you continue to run along the path, with the Skarmory closing in on you. You seem to be getting along the path with no difficulty, until you take a step and the path underneath you crumbles away. You quickly start to plunge, but you manage to grab hold of the path. You quickly pull yourself up, only to nearly fall down again when Skarmory swoops you. Seeing the Skarmory, Simone focuses her attention on it and sends a series of purple rings towards it. Skarmory lets out a loud squawk before diving towards the dog pokemon. The Psywave simply disappears as Skarmory passes through them and sprays a shower of stars at Simone. She tries to dodge the Swift but is unable to as the stars follow her. As the stars collide with Simone she accidentally lets go of the Ralts in her mouth.

Skarmory sees this and swoops down towards the unconscious pokemon, but before it can get to Ralts, Simone shoots a small fireball out of her mouth. The fireball slams into the steel bird and gives it a small burn, which is enough of a distraction for Simone to run in and grab Ralts again. But Skarmory still hasn't given up on getting the Ralts. As it swoops down at Simone again, it releases another Swift. Once again the stars collide with Simone, but this time she doesn't drop Ralts. As you watch all this going on you look up and notice that the lava has started to flow fast and is starting to get close to you.

What will you do?

Thank you, Pika. Sorry I took so long with this, I'll be swifter in a few week's time, I promise.

The progressively deteriorating pathway rendered Oscar exhausted in his persistent attempt to scale it, with the stifling heat pressing down on his weary muscles with every strain they sustain, augmenting the severity of his fatigue. The swift closure of distance between them and the Skarmory struck anxiety in his heart, and as its resistant swoop through Simone’s psybeam permitted the unhindered barrage of a swift to strike the hound and throw the psychic from her jaws, Oscar clambered for the Ralts himself. Fortunately, Simone’s swift retaliation and repossession of the tumbling Ralts proved successful, and Oscar’s attempts rendered pointless. Through eyes half-shut with hot stinging sweat, Oscar gazed up the path and recognised the liquid volatility of the ever-approaching pools of lava.

“Simone, the situation, as anticipated, has become dire. First of all, hand me the Ralts - you need your jaws. Take a few seconds to ascertain a Nasty Plot before, when the Skarmory swoops near, you feed it a Thunder Fang and lend it some Embers as a parting gift,” Oscar snapped his hand to his pocket, withdrawing the ball which contained Friedrich, his shadowy Corphish. “I cannot bare this heat any longer…” Oscar flipped the ball open, and in a flash of light released his companion, who responded to the stifling atmosphere with agitated clipping of his pincers. “Friedrich, begin by establishing some Hail to aid in assuaging this unbearable heat. Then sustain your caution, for if the lava draws dangerously close, I’ll need you to slow its progression with a powerful Ice Beam. All the while, follow us up this path.” With his determination unwavering, Oscar reached out for Simone to hand him the Ralts.

fishyfool
2nd June 2009, 3:13 PM
Fishyfool: As you give Meteos his orders the Primeape charges towards the floating stone. It raises its arm and slams it down on Meteos, its Karate Chop not doing as much damage due to Meteos' Psychic typing. The Lunatone responds to this with a Confusion, his eyes glowing purple before Meteos sends a small purple beam towards Primeape. The attack hits Primeape and soon Meteos is in Primeape's mind. As Primeape momentarily loses control of its body, Meteos glowed before his rock body became even harder due to Harden. Breaking from Meteos' control Primeape grabs the Lunatone, its eyes filled with absolute rage. As Meteos struggles to get free of the Primeape's grip, the monkey jumps up into the air and throws him towards the ground with a forceful Seismic Toss. Meteos slams into the ground with a sickening THUD.

You look on in horror as Meteos lays on the ground unmoving, but relief washes over you when he slowly starts to get up. As he gets up Meteos also starts to glow orange and the moment Primeape touches down on the ground Meteos lets loose with his Earthpower. A crack forms in the ground and as it reaches the monkey pokemon, the ground literally explodes. Primeape is sent flying as rocks and pieces of the earth pelt it and stops when it is sent into a tree. The Primeape doesn't get back up. Level up for Meteos

Walking over to the fallen simian, you ponder that if Primeape hadn't been relentlessly abused, that it could have possibly beaten Meteos quite easily. You quickly disperse this thought and are about to leave when Primeape begins to scream. You look back and see that there is a bright red light coming out of Primeape's stomach. You quickly come to the conclusion that it's another laser, but this time the victim is still alive. Soon the Primeape falls silent, and the laser finishes its work. You look at the now deceased pokemon's stomach and see that there is a message on it.

So you were able to defeat Primeape, oh well it was nice and disposable it reads But this is just the tip of the iceberg. You will not get in our way and we will do anything to stop you!

The message is clearly a threat, and the men have ended up killing another pokemon to try and deter you.

What will you do?



Watching the battle unfold, Jamie was thankful for the psychic pokemon's resistance to fighting moves as the karate chop barely left a mark on him before said ape was clutching its head in pain, the confusion messing with its mind while Meteos prepared himself for physical onslaught by hardening his body to a sheen, just as the furious pig monkey grabbed him and launched him into the ground with a painful thud.

At first worried, Jamie remembered that Seismic Toss didn't take resistances into value, only immunities, but thankfully the Lunatone rose slowly before the bewildered ape and responded to his gaiakinetic meeting by giving his own to the furious chimp, the Primeape slamming into a tree before attempting to rise, before failing. Frowning as he walked over to it, Jackie giving it a curious look, Jamie sighed. 'If the idiots hadn't thrashed said Primeape for the past three weeks, it'd have had a much better chance of winning, although Meteos would still have made a monkey out of it...'

Turning away from the chimp, giving a small apology for the treatment it suffered, he began to leave when said Primeape gave a scream as Meteos turned to face it, and as Jamie's sight lined with the laser within, he realised that this time, their messenger was still alive in an act of undeniable barbacity. As the ape fell silent, and as Jackie watched in horror, another message emerged from the stomach of the deceased simian, one which resulted in the nearby environment hearing a very bad word very loudly.

"No pokemon is ever disposable, you idiots! I'll see to it that your asses are tanned before long, and your little scheme in tatters!" Jamie roared into the air as Jackie stared at him, rather bewildered at the human's sudden outburst as Meteos seemed to give a slight glow of meagre fulfilment. Turning to the Lunatone, who merely nodded, the three continued onwards, after a little burst of psychic energy closed the eyes of the fallen pokemon.

No amount of bloodshed will keep me from destroying their lives. If anything, it'll serve only to incite my anger...

PeeGee
13th June 2009, 2:40 AM
Sorry for the late updates and due to inactivity I'm no longer updating Atlantis_Kid.

Hayward: As you run down the tunnel, you hope that you can save the scientist. As you turn the corner, you are surprised to see that there is nothing there, no sign of the creature and no sign of the scientist. As you look around cautiously, your foot steps into something sticky. Gulping, you look down at you foot and see that you have stepped in something that looks surprising like blood. You try to take a step back, but as you do the tentacle from before shoots out of nowhere and grabs you by the leg. You scream as you are pulled backwards, and your head hits the ground. Darkness takes over and the last thing you see is the top of the tunnel.

Soon you awaken with a splitting headache. As you get up, you see a horrific sight. Right in front of you is the broken body of the scientist. She appears to have been beaten to death and one of her arms is missing. You stare at the sight before you in horror, before, out of the corner of your eye, you see something move. You spin around, and to your surprise, you see the scientist. However, she seems a bit different, her arms look too big and she appears to have gone up a couple of bra sizes. You continue to stare at the scientist, and then you see something absolutely horrifying. The scientist’s skin colour slowly changes to bright red, and then her entire body begins to inflate until she literally bursts. Left in her place is a creature that resembled a Crawdaunt, but had the a pair of Tentacruel tentacles poking out of its back, the claws of a Kingler and the legs of a Rapidash. It glares at you before it releases a Bubblebeam at you. You quickly jump out of the way, but it looks like the creature is intent on making sure that you never leave the tunnel.

What will you do?

Tale: As you give Simone her orders, you take the Ralts out of her mouth. The dark-type runs towards the metallic bird, thinking of a really Nasty Plot as she does so. Skarmory shrieks at Simone before it sends a Swift Simone's way. The dog leaps up, several of the spinning stars connecting with her body, and bites into Skarmory's wing, the electricity of Simone's Thunder Fang surging through the metal bird's body. It shrieks in rage before it begins to flap it wing. The wing slowly begins to glow, and with one swift motion Simone is slammed into the ground by an Air Cutter. Simone gets back onto her feet and opens her mouth, and with one breath, sends out several large fireballs. The fireballs slam into Skarmory, and it shrieks in pain before it begins to fall. You watch as the bird falls out of your vision before putting you mind back to the task at hand. Level up for Simone.

You throw a ball up into the air and when it connects with the ground a shadowy Corphish materializes. You quickly tell Friedrich that you can't stand the heat, and the Corphish raises his claw and sends out an icy pulse into the air which causes it to Hail. With the hail falling from the sky, the temperature seems to have gone down a bit, but you still hurry along the path. You look up and see that the lava is starting to get quite close to you, and after a quick order, Friedrich sends out an Ice Beam that covers it in a thin layer of ice. With the ice temporarily stopping the lava you are finally able to get to the shrine. once you get there you see a giant statue of Pele.

What will you do?

Fishyfool: Even more enraged at the men, you continue long the path to their base. As you walk along you can't help but notice that the forest around you is actually getting more and more sparse, and the calls of wild pokemon have stopped. Even though you can tell that this is a bad sign you continue on, you have to stop these men so that they can't inflict anymore damage onto innocent pokemon. After a little while of walking you stop to take a little break, the humidity in the area feels like its rising and now your shirt is absolutely drenched. As you sit down you hear a distant rumbling, and it sounds like it's coming towards you. Right next to you Jackie seems to have become very agitated, yelling out in fear at what was coming. Even though Jackie appears to be afraid, you look on confidently as a large Humvee rolls up.

As the driver gets out he looks at you with a devious grin and pulls out what looks to be a rocket launcher. He fires the launcher, but instead of a rocket bursting out a large net did. The net just misses you and instead wraps around Jackie. The little monkey screams her head off as she is dragged back towards the man. The driver quickly shoves your pokemon into the back of the Humvee and drives away, leaving you in shock at Jackie being taken. This is obviously a ploy masterminded by the men.

What will you do?

-Hayward-
15th June 2009, 1:21 AM
Hayward: As you run down the tunnel, you hope that you can save the scientist. As you turn the corner, you are surprised to see that there is nothing there, no sign of the creature and no sign of the scientist. As you look around cautiously, your foot steps into something sticky. Gulping, you look down at your foot and see that you have stepped in something that looks surprisingly like blood. You try to take a step back, but as you do the tentacle from before shoots out of nowhere and grabs you by the leg. You scream as you are pulled backwards and your head hits the ground. Darkness takes over and the last thing you see is the top of the tunnel.

Soon you awaken with a splitting headache. As you get up, you see a horrific sight. Right in front of you is the broken body of the scientist. She appears to have been beaten to death and one of her arms is missing. You stare at the sight before you in horror, before, out of the corner of your eye, you see something move. You spin around, and to your surprise, you see the scientist. However, she seems a bit different, her arms look too big and she appears to have gone up a couple of bra sizes. You continue to stare at the scientist, and then you see something absolutely horrifying. The scientist’s skin colour slowly changes to bright red, and then her entire body begins to inflate until she literally bursts. Left in her place is a creature that resembled a Crawdaunt, but had the a pair of Tentacruel tentacles poking out of its back, the claws of a Kingler and the legs of a Rapidash. It glares at you before it releases a Bubblebeam at you. You quickly jump out of the way, but it looks like the creature is intent on making sure that you never leave the tunnel.

What will you do?


On the Island of Cortoza, the Trainer Benjamin Hale raced down the tunnel, searching for the abducted female scientist. His mind raced as he thought back on her words that the creature was not evil, just scared. Rounding the bend, Ben discovered that the tunnel appeared to be empty. He put on a surprised look and dragged a hand through his short, brown hair. He had expected to find the creature and the scientist here, but the two were nowhere to be found. All senses on high alert, Ben slowed his pace and suspiciously eyed his surroundings.

A squelching sound suddenly informed him that he had stepped in something sticky. Quickly glancing down at his white, adidas running shoes, Ben realized that he had just strode through a crimson puddle of blood. Ben gulped as he quickly began backpedaling, but at that moment a lightening quick tentacle came shooting out of the darkness, wrapped around his ankle, and viciously pulled him to the ground. Everything happened so fast that Ben didn’t have the time to react or even try to slow his fall. All he could do was shout in surprise. With a thud! the back of Ben’s head slammed into the tunnel floor. His eyes glossed over as the ceiling slowly faded from view and his world dissolved into blackness.



* * *


Sometime later, Ben’s grey-green eyes blinked open as he woke with a start. Where was he? How did he get there? How long had he been unconscious? And why did he have such a splitting headache? The questions swirled inside his brain like a cyclone and made his already aching cranium hurt worse. Massaging his forehead, Ben sat up and quickly scanned his surroundings. Almost immediately his gaze fell upon the mangled body of the female scientist lying nearby. Missing an arm and apparently bludgeoned to death, the gruesome state of her corpse made Ben bolt in horror. Suddenly, his memory came flooding back to him. He had followed the scientist hoping to stop the creature and save her, but now it was too late. He had failed to rescue her and hadn’t found the creature.

At that instant, a slight movement caught Ben’s attention. He had only glimpsed it from the corner of his eye, but felt certain it must be his quarry. Head still throbbing, he instantly sprang to his feet, and whirled about to get a better look, but it had vanished. Turning back around, Ben bolted in shock to see that the body of the scientist was now on its feet, facing him. Something was wrong though. Her appearance was noticeably different. Ben put on a confused look and glanced all around for a sign of the creature.

Suddenly and without warning, the female scientist’s skin turned a brilliant shade of scarlet and her body began to inflate like a balloon. Wearing a look of pure terror, Ben quickly recoiled, retreating a safe distance away, watching carefully to see what would transpire. He kept expecting the scientist’s body to stop getting bigger at any moment, as it surely couldn’t go on expanding forever. When it didn’t stop though, he knew that something terrible was about to happen, and not wanting to witness it, shielded his eyes and turned away. A loud explosion confirmed his suspicion.

Ben fought back tears as he thought of the savage way the female scientist had been killed. Even though the Volcanity, Inc. researchers had been wrong to tamper with the DNA of Pokemon, no one deserved to die like that. A single tear escaped and rolled down his cheek as he wondered if the woman had a family somewhere that would miss her. Wiping his eyes with the back of his hand, Ben firmly vowed to find the monster and do his best to make sure that it didn’t hurt or kill another innocent again. There would be a time for mourning later. For now, the creature had to be stopped.

Ben turned around slowly and there it was.

In the place where the female scientist had just been brutally killed, was the most hideous looking creature Ben had ever seen. A look of sheer loathing crept across Ben’s face as he stared at it. It had the knobby, durable body of a Crawdaunt, the nimble legs of a Rapidash, the massive claws of a Kingler, and the undulating tentacles of a Tentacruel. With a menacing expression on its face, it fired off a Beam of concentrated Bubbles in Ben’s direction. Ben instinctively dodged, but only barely avoided the high-powered water attack.

Quickly reaching into the brown, canvas messenger bag slung over his shoulder, Ben withdrew a sable-colored Pokedex. He pointed the electronic encyclopedia at the monster and turned it on. Just as he expected, the machine turned up no information and the screen remained blank. His Pokedex would not help him in this battle. He would have to try to discover the monster’s weaknesses on his own. Shutting off the device, he hurriedly returned it to his pack. As he did so, his hand brushed against the syringe the scientist had given him, and he momentarily recalled her explanation that it contained a miracle drug that could provide a Pokemon with the strength to stand up to the monster.

Ben hesitated for a moment as he considered using it. The woman had warned that she didn’t know if it would produce any harmful side effects to the Pokemon it was used on. It was a risk, and Ben was reluctant to subject any of his friends to the potentially dangerous effects of the experimental liquid. There had to be another way. Clearly the monster was stronger than any of Ben’s Pokemon partners alone and would easily win a straight-up, one-on-one fight. However, with a combination of teamwork and strategy maybe they could stop it. His mind made up, Ben reached back into his bag, withdrew the five unique Pokeballs housing Medeo, Hyneo, Keo, Forteo, and Marteo, and released them all into the tunnel.

As the Meditite, Poochyena, Krabby, Pineco, and Taillow appeared on the battlefield across from the genetically-altered monster, Ben wasted no time in issuing their battle instructions. “Look sharp, mates, that creature has already killed a lot of scientists today! Its stronger than anything we’ve ever faced, so help each other out and work together now!”

Putting on determined expressions, Ben’s little companions signaled that they understood the severity of their situation and Ben continued, “So far its mainly used its tentacles to attack! We can’t let it get near enough to use them! Forteo, see if you can set down a layer of SPIKES (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/204.shtml”) around the creature to contain it and keep it at a distance! Marteo, be ready to use WHIRLWIND (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=82672&postcount=36”) if it starts to get too close! Keo, try to blind the creature with a MUD-SLAP (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=82672&postcount=36”); then Hyneo, hit it with DARK PULSE (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=78253&postcount=27”) and Medeo, go with PSYCHIC (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9608323&postcount=28”) while it can't see! Be brave, but don’t take any foolish risks! Every single one of you has got to be ready to defend with PROTECT (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=76737&postcount=2”) if you get into trouble out there!” His first set of attacks ordered, Ben put on a determined expression and locked gazes with the savage creature as his tiny comrades prepared for the looming fight…

__________________
fb (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=76737&postcount=2”)

firewater
15th June 2009, 3:04 AM
Cortoza



The Volcanic Island

Floating serenely in the middle of the ocean, Cortoza is a secluded land mass which was once a beautiful and highly populated tropical island. Two hundred years ago a powerful oceanic earthquake resulted in a chain reaction of death and destruction as Cortoza's active volcanic mountains erupted in a series of cataclysmic explosions that churned out a spectacular display of ash, rock, and molten lava, and finally ending with Mt Fumi's stupendous paroxysmal eruption. All of Cortoza's vegetation was destroyed, while humans and Pokémon not fast enough to flee perished in the resulting destruction as the western end of the island collapsed beneath the sea, generating a series of devastating pyroclastic flows and immense tsunamis that ravaged adjacent coastlines. The events of that day marked the last 24 hours on earth for over 50,000 people and 300,000 Pokémon, as the wave of destruction flowed across hundreds of coastal villages and towns. For the next hundred years nobody dared approach the island due to the constant seismic activity and mini eruptions, but for the past several decades all has been quiet. Pokémon have returned, and with very few people drawn to the volcanic island, wildlife has been given the chance to thrive. Although wary, people are also beginning to venture to Cortoza again, some of the more opportunistic seeing this land as their chance to strike it rich due to its fast-booming tourism industry. Most are curious though, as the island has shown amazing regenerative qualities, and many are eager to explore and to witness the miraculous regrowth for themselves. The tropical jungle is flourishing once more, Pokémon have returned, and as far as everyone is aware most of Cortoza's volcanoes have been laying dormant for almost one hundred years.




Mt. Pele
From afar, this mountain appears to resemble a woman whom the Cortozans believe to be the Goddess of fire, lightning, dance, volcanoes, and violence. Pele was, and still is, both revered and feared by the native inhabitants of Cortoza as they firmly believe the only way to avoid utter destruction of their land is to pay homage to her. With Mt. Pele having been the first to erupt two hundred years ago, many believe their Goddess was unhappy with her subjects, and that she had exacted her punishment upon them for having ignored their faith in her. Those who survived the initial destruction two centuries ago were sure to pass on the story of Pele to their children so that her legend was sure to live on. Today, the descendants of Cortoza's survivors hold daily rituals and monthly festivals to keep their Goddess happy in the hope she'll never destroy their homes again.

Areas:
Pele's Ruins: The ruins of a thousand year old temple built in Pele's honour. Descendants of Cortoza's survivors steer clear of these ruins as they believe they have been cursed by Pele herself, and have instead built another temple in which to worship their Goddess. The Ruins have become a popular tourist attraction for visitors to the island however, a fact which makes the natives rather uneasy.

(OOC: Hopefully I did this right, if I didn't just tell me and I'll fix it- and for Mt. Pele, am I going through each area or just the one I selected?, and here is my profile link (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?p=61832#post61832))

David Michael grins in triumph. He'd made it to the Volcanic Island of Cortozoa, and he was very intrigued on where he was to go. He was still silent as he reached the shore, not wondering in the least on how he got there, but more concerned about what he was supposed to do now that he had arrived on the islands. He had not one clue on to what had motivated him to travel to Mt. Pele, but he knew that something spiritually had to have brought him here. Unsure on what to say or do he quickly relaxes as he reads the handy booklet he had grabbed on the trip to the islands, and quickly noted the beliefs of the people. From previous knowledge, none personal mind you, David Michael knew of the problems that arose from ignoring someone elses' culture and beliefs, especially if you were in their land. Yet, he was also intrigued on the thoughts of the people. It amazed him that their god had so much power, and he could only hope in his heart that he wouldn't do anything that would anger Pele, or the villagers. With that, David Michael takes a hard look at the horizon, not knowing where to go, and simply picks a random direction, hoping that someone would be around to give some directions to the ruins, or somewhere where other humans were.

PeeGee
20th June 2009, 6:17 AM
Welcome firewater, and to answer your question you stay in the area that you have chosen.

Hayward: With your five pokemon released from their balls, you quickly give them their orders. Forteo starts to spin round at a high speed before a dozen small spikes shoot out of his pine cone-like body. The creature looks at this for several seconds before it roars and sends out a high pressured Water Gun at the floor, effectively washing away the spikes. As soon as it has washed away the Spikes the creature shoots out its tentacles, the long appendages worming their way towards Forteo. Marteo sees this and quickly starts to flap her wings, creating a big Whirlwind. The wind buffets the tentacles, which respond by shooting up and whacking into Marteo. Or at least they would have if the Taillow hadn't been able to quickly Protect herself. Once again the creature roars, but this time its body begins to violently shake before it starts to change form. It body turns into the long lithe body of a Milotic, the head of a Gorebyss, the back fins of a Gyarados and the gliding wings of a Mantine.

You are taken back by the transformation, but your pokemon aren't. Keo opened his claws before somehow Slapping Mud at the creature. The mud smears into its eyes and using the scarf-like appendages of the Milotic's body, the creature tries to wipe its eyes. As it does so, Hyneo opens her jaws and a large Pulse of Dark energy emanates from the Poochyena's mouth, at the same time that Medeo glows dark purple. As the Dark Pulse slamms into the creature, the Psychic energy from Medeo attempts to mess with the creature's mind. It roars in rage before sending out its own Psychic at Medeo and bringing its tail down on Hyneo. The Poochyena blocks the tail with her Protect but Medeo is unable to stop the barrage on his mind. You watch in horror as the human-like pokemon flails on the ground, his mind being taken over by the creature. Your other pokemon turn to you with a look of despair on their faces.

What will you do?

firewater: Heading in the direction of Pele's Ruins, you look around at your surroundings with awe. But at the same time you hope that there will be someone around who can tell you how exactly to get to the ruins. For the time being you simply walk in the direction you think is right. Soon you finally come across a person after walking for about an hour. The person was a man, who looks to be about thirty, with a crop of shaggy blonde hair and he was wearing a hikers' clothing.

"May I help you?" he asks when he sees you. You quickly tell him that you need directions for Pele's Ruins. "Ah, well you're going in the right direction," said the man with a smile. "You just need to turn right after about a kilometre. As a matter of fact, that is where I'm headed myself. How about I go with you?" You are startled by the man's offer to go to the Ruins together, but you do consider the offer. "Name's Barry, by the way," added Barry.

With the man traveling with you, the journey could be easier and if you happen to run into trouble there will be two of you to sort it out.

What will you do?

firewater
20th June 2009, 5:55 PM
(OOC: alright, thanks for the info, and while this wasn't my ideal place I'll see where it goes...



firewater: Heading in the direction of Pele's Ruins, you look around at your surroundings with awe. But at the same time you hope that there will be someone around who can tell you how exactly to get to the ruins. For the time being you simply walk in the direction you think is right. Soon you finally come across a person after walking for about an hour. The person was a man, who looks to be about thirty, with a crop of shaggy blonde hair and he was wearing a hikers' clothing.

"May I help you?" he asks when he sees you. You quickly tell him that you need directions for Pele's Ruins. "Ah, well you're going in the right direction," said the man with a smile. "You just need to turn right after about a kilometre. As a matter of fact, that is where I'm headed myself. How about I go with you?" You are startled by the man's offer to go to the Ruins together, but you do consider the offer. "Name's Barry, by the way," added Barry.

With the man traveling with you, the journey could be easier and if you happen to run into trouble there will be two of you to sort it out.

What will you do?
Nothing had appeared to be going well for David Michael. He'd walked for about an hour without seeing one single person that appeared to be able to help him in the least bit. However, that soon changed as he notices something differently colored than the fauna and flora around him... basically it was a hiking outfit. He wasn't too sure about the guy, but David Michael knew that this guy could be some help. He appeared to look a bit older than himself, about 30 years old, and other than the shaggy blond hair he really couldn't tell much else from the guy, until he managed to notice David Michael.

"Can I help you?"

David Michael was a bit taken aback by the question, since it had been a while since he'd spoken to a human and he composes himself after a few seconds and begins to speak.

"Um, yes actually, you can- My name is David Michael, and i'm trying to find Pele's Ruins."

After a few seconds, the guy begins to talk again

"Ah, well you're going in the right direction," said the man with a smile. "You just need to turn right after about a kilometre. As a matter of fact, that is where I'm headed myself. How about I go with you?"

Up until he heard the words, "can I go with you", David Michael had been fine with the entire deal. It wasn't that he was antisocial, it was just that he really wasn't sure about the guy, sure it was better to go with someone else, but he figured that the chance for actual human conversation would be a good thing. "Name's Barry, by the way," added Barry. Barry's latest comment snapped David Michael out of his thought, and he quickly replies.

"Sure Barry, we can go to the ruins together, but I've got one question- what brings you to the ruins to begin with?"

waiting for an answer, David Michael begins to walk towards the direction indicated...

-Hayward-
22nd June 2009, 1:28 AM
Hayward: With your five pokemon released from their balls, you quickly give them their orders. Forteo starts to spin round at a high speed before a dozen small spikes shoot out of his pine cone-like body. The creature looks at this for several seconds before it roars and sends out a high pressured Water Gun at the floor, effectively washing away the spikes. As soon as it has washed away the Spikes the creature shoots out its tentacles, the long appendages worming their way towards Forteo. Marteo sees this and quickly starts to flap her wings, creating a big Whirlwind. The wind buffets the tentacles, which respond by shooting up and whacking into Marteo. Or at least they would have if the Taillow hadn't been able to quickly Protect herself. Once again the creature roars, but this time its body begins to violently shake before it starts to change form. It body turns into the long lithe body of a Milotic, the head of a Gorebyss, the back fins of a Gyarados and the gliding wings of a Mantine.

You are taken back by the transformation, but your pokemon aren't. Keo opened his claws before somehow Slapping Mud at the creature. The mud smears into its eyes and using the scarf-like appendages of the Milotic's body, the creature tries to wipe its eyes. As it does so, Hyneo opens her jaws and a large Pulse of Dark energy emanates from the Poochyena's mouth, at the same time that Medeo glows dark purple. As the Dark Pulse slamms into the creature, the Psychic energy from Medeo attempts to mess with the creature's mind. It roars in rage before sending out its own Psychic at Medeo and bringing its tail down on Hyneo. The Poochyena blocks the tail with her Protect but Medeo is unable to stop the barrage on his mind. You watch in horror as the human-like pokemon flails on the ground, his mind being taken over by the creature. Your other pokemon turn to you with a look of despair on their faces.

What will you do?Ben had anxiously watched the events of the battle unfold before his grey-green eyes. There was no denying that the genetically-altered creature was powerful. It had washed Forteo’s ring of Spikes clear away, changed shape once again -- this time to a combination of Mantine, Milotic, Gyarados, and Gorebyss -- then fired off a Psychic blast that had struck Medeo squarely in the head. Apart from the diminutive Meditite though, the rest of Ben’s team had managed to avoid being hit, and furthermore, most of them had landed attacks on the shape-shifting creature. Ben let out a grateful sigh as he realized that his teamwork strategy had worked well so far. What’s more, he hadn’t had to use the experimental liquid yet, and that in itself made Ben incredibly relieved. His tiny companions on the other hand, didn't share his optimism.

Noticing the gloomy expressions on the faces of his Pokemon, Ben realized that what they needed was some encouragement. Medeo was undeniably the leader their team, and concerned for his well-being, his comrades had become nervous when they witnessed him go down. Ben knew they couldn't lose hope now. As their trainer, it was his responsibility to keep his team's morale up. He decided it was time for a little encouragement. Grinning, Ben sincerely complimented his team. “Brilliant teamwork, so far, mates!” he exclaimed. “I know we can stop this monster if we keep attacking it together. I’m know you’re all worried about Medeo, but he’ll be fine -- he just needs some time to recover!”

Dragging a hand through his short, brown hair, Ben quickly considered his options. After a moment of thought, he put on a determined expression and began issuing instructions to his little partners. “Hyneo, if that creature hits us with another one of those attacks, we could be in a lot of trouble! Use TORMENT (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=78459&postcount=30”) so it won’t be able to use Psychic twice in a row!” The monochromatic wolf-pup let out an understanding bark, and Ben quickly added, “While she’s doing that Forteo, cover us with REFLECT (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=82672&postcount=36”)!” The woody pine cone swayed from side to side in acknowledgement. Having delivered his defensive directives, Ben proceeded to outline his offensive strategy. “Let’s try to slow the creature down!” he hollered. “Marteo, ICY WIND (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=82672&postcount=36”)! Keo, you go with BUBBLE (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/098.shtml”)!” In response, the tiny swallow lifted a feathery wing to her head in a smart salute, while Keo clacked his claws together noisily. Ben turned to Medeo last. “Use CALM MIND (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml”) to help you try to clear your head. Then when you’re feeling better, go with ENERGY BALL (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9568566&postcount=6”)!” The small Meditite nodded his tiny, onion-shaped head, and Ben fixed the hybrid creature with a steely gaze, waiting to see what would happen next...

__________________________
fb (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=76737&postcount=2”)

Tale
23rd June 2009, 6:29 PM
Sorry for the late updates and due to inactivity I'm no longer updating Atlantis_Kid.

Tale: As you give Simone her orders, you take the Ralts out of her mouth. The dark-type runs towards the metallic bird, thinking of a really Nasty Plot as she does so. Skarmory shrieks at Simone before it sends a Swift Simone's way. The dog leaps up, several of the spinning stars connecting with her body, and bites into Skarmory's wing, the electricity of Simone's Thunder Fang surging through the metal bird's body. It shrieks in rage before it begins to flap it wing. The wing slowly begins to glow, and with one swift motion Simone is slammed into the ground by an Air Cutter. Simone gets back onto her feet and opens her mouth, and with one breath, sends out several large fireballs. The fireballs slam into Skarmory, and it shrieks in pain before it begins to fall. You watch as the bird falls out of your vision before putting you mind back to the task at hand. Level up for Simone.

You throw a ball up into the air and when it connects with the ground a shadowy Corphish materializes. You quickly tell Friedrich that you can't stand the heat, and the Corphish raises his claw and sends out an icy pulse into the air which causes it to Hail. With the hail falling from the sky, the temperature seems to have gone down a bit, but you still hurry along the path. You look up and see that the lava is starting to get quite close to you, and after a quick order, Friedrich sends out an Ice Beam that covers it in a thin layer of ice. With the ice temporarily stopping the lava you are finally able to get to the shrine. once you get there you see a giant statue of Pele.

What will you do?

I apologise for the delay, PikaGod. Thank you so much for your patience, and I believe my activity will be restored now that summer has arrived =).

“Were it not for the chaos in which we’ve become enshrined, I’d applaud the steel bird’s efforts! But to assault amid the turmoil of an eruption! Such witless, reckless spirit I’ve not yet seen in the otherwise cunning minds of the wild. It must have been famished.” Oscar concluded as he watched the bird plummet after having sustained a successful bout of effective attacks. Simone observed her adversary dive with customary indifference, seemingly unmoved by the damage she’d sustained.

Glancing at the Ralts held firmly in his arms, Oscar gazed up the path, its previously daunting length substantially reduced in his persistent progression, and he pressed forwards. Friedrich tailed, calling upon the weather with an icy power that soon had the sky dripping ice. Concerned for the wellbeing of his already fatigued canine companion, Oscar withdrew Simone for fear of the hail’s potential damage. Though the icy rain stung with every strike upon his skin, the chill soothed what scorched skin was exposed. Lifting his hat from his head, Oscar placed it over the Ralts to shelter the psychic creature, and turned to congratulate Friedrich on a job well done as the beam of ice which propelled from his pincer aided in cooling and subsequently slowing the lava flow momentarily - to a such a suitable extent that allowed the remainder of the shrine’s path to be traversed with little more concern or difficulty than already plagued them.

Oscar clambered with the use of one free arm up the final stretch of acclivity leading to the shrine, before pausing - his breath snatched - and staring at the statue which stood like a beacon before him. The representation of the very power which brought this chaos upon them stood in stone, an impenetrable, unruffled monument amidst the hell all around. Oscar wiped his brow, beckoning for his crimson Corphish forward as he stepped towards the shrine, repositioning his hat upon his head before presenting the statue with Ralts’ body.

“Pele! Through the pleas of this tortured soul you have brought upon us a pandemonium through which we have sluggishly toiled, braving your divine ferocity for the mere request that we ourselves wish to present. I am willing to tackle the tribulations that you impose upon our mortal souls - but look at what darkness has percolated the heart of this innocent creature. It has been subjected to tortures it could not withstand, its only companion torn to shreds before its very eyes and through the bond irrevocably established between this species and its trainer, has endured every second of the unbearable pain. Death looms like a hungering vulture, and I leave it to you, great Pele, to decide its fate!” With that, Oscar gently laid the little creature before the statue, and stepped back, Friedrich cautiously stood at his feet, awaiting the goddess’s response. “Show me what you have to offer, Pele! Show me what trials I must face, and my efforts shall abound. All I ask is that you bring peace back to this mountain, so that lives may be spared and its glorious intricacies explored.”

PeeGee
1st July 2009, 3:14 AM
Pele's Ruins

firewater: Upon hearing your question Barry starts to smile before he begins to explain what he is going to the ruins for. "Well, as you may know," starts Barry, "Pele herself is said to have cursed the ruins. What I want to do is see the ruins for myself and see what all the fuss is about. I also have always been interested in old ruins and the like and thought that this would be a great adventure." You nod your head as Barry finishes his story, but you can't help but feel that Barry isn't telling you the entire truth about what he wants. However, you quickly push the thought out of your mind and instead you continue to walk towards the ruins.

Soon you finally reach Pele's Ruins, which were a magnificent set of rock structures with overgrown vines on them. "Wowee," mutters Barry as he looks at the ruins. "I wonder how Pele cursed these babies, and why." As the man said this, you notice that a creepy look of glee had grown on his face. Realising that you have noticed the look on his face, Barry quickly wipes it off and goes to take a step forward. As he put his foot down, a pair of women seemingly appear out of nowhere. The women both had dark skin, black wavy hair and both wore coconut bras and grass skirts.

"Halt," they say. "If you wish to enter the ruins, you must first beat us." Not even waiting for you and Barry to answer, they throw a PokeBall each into the air. The balls hit the ground and release a Camerupt and a Monferno.

What will you do?

Volcanity Inc. Lab Tunnel

Hayward: With their next set of orders, your pokemon spring into action. Hyneo starts off by sneering at the creature, the sound of the sneer Tormenting it. The creature roars in rage, before it tries to use another Psychic. However, it finds that due to Hyneo's attack it is unable to. As the creature turns towards Hyneo, Forteo spins his body around and then glows yellow before a golden shield forms in front of him and his team mates. The creature roars as it opens its mouth and sends out a high pressured Hydro Pump. The water attack obliterates the Reflect before slamming into Hyneo and Forteo. The two pokemon are sent flying by the attack and slam into one of the tunnel walls. As they slid to the ground, Marteo flies forwards and starts to flap her wings, creating a freezing cold gust of Icy Wind, while Keo opens one of his claws and shoots a large Bubble. The two attacks fuse together to form a large frozen bubble, which promptly slams into the creature. It roars in pain as the icy bubble peels some of its skin off, and slams into a wall. As it rights itself the creature lets out an enormous roar and opens its mouth. An icy ball forms in its mouth before an Ice Beam shoots out and hit both Marteo and Keo, freezing the pair of them. As you watch in distress at the carnage Medeo finally is able to Calm his Mind. The small pokemon stands up before he opens his palms and sends out out a huge Ball of Energy.

The ball collides with the creature, once again slamming it into a wall. But this time as the creature gets up you can see that it has patches of its skin missing, as well as chunks of flesh. Noticing this, the creature lets out an ear splitting roar and starts to open its mouth. As the mouth opens, it morphs into a Gyarados' mouth, and five string-like tongues shoot out. Two of the tongues easily wrap around the frozen Keo and Marteo, while another two quickly wrap around the unconscious forms of Hyneo and Forteo. The last of the tongues attempts to wrap around Medeo, but the psychic/fighting type is easily able to dodge the tongue. Giving up on Medeo, the five tongues retract into the creature's mouth, along with Keo, Marteo, Hyneo and Forteo. As the creature closes its mouth it begins to convulse, before it begins to heal its body with the DNA of your pokemon. The patches of skin and flesh heal over and the creature sprouts a large pair of wings, grows a pair of Krabby claws, as well as a fluffy black tail and green plating down the back of its spine. With four of your pokemon now gone, its seems that using the formula given to you by the scientist may have to be used.

What will you do?

Pele's Shrine

Tale: As you give Pele you request, her statue starts to glow and large chunks of rock begin to fall off the statue. You watch in awe as slowly the rocks fall off to reveal the Goddess Pele. She looks down at you, her body glowing with ethereal light, she opens her mouth and starts to speak in a soothing voice. The Ralts that you have rescued has completely lost its mind. When I granted its wish, there was still some strands of sanity left in its mind, but now they are all gone. Pele pauses, making sure that you understand everything that she has said so far. When you nod to say continue on, she does. My quest for you to complete is for you to take the young Ralts and take it to the middle of this Shrine. Once Ralts has been placed on the podium, you will be required to face a series of battles. If you do then not only will I null Ralt's request, it shall also be restored to full sanity. But be warned, if you are not able to complete the trial, then not only will Ralts remain in a state in which its mind is trapped inside its insanity, you shall be forsaken with the same affliction Finishing, the Goddess looks at you, awaiting you answer. You must decide whether or not to save the Ralts, or if you should just high tail it out of Mt Pele.

What will you do?

-Hayward-
6th July 2009, 5:00 PM
Volcanity Inc. Lab Tunnel

Hayward: With their next set of orders, your pokemon spring into action. Hyneo starts off by sneering at the creature, the sound of the sneer Tormenting it. The creature roars in rage, before it tries to use another Psychic. However, it finds that due to Hyneo's attack it is unable to. As the creature turns towards Hyneo, Forteo spins his body around and then glows yellow before a golden shield forms in front of him and his team mates. The creature roars as it opens its mouth and sends out a high pressured Hydro Pump. The water attack obliterates the Reflect before slamming into Hyneo and Forteo. The two pokemon are sent flying by the attack and slam into one of the tunnel walls. As they slid to the ground, Marteo flies forwards and starts to flap her wings, creating a freezing cold gust of Icy Wind, while Keo opens one of his claws and shoots a large Bubble. The two attacks fuse together to form a large frozen bubble, which promptly slams into the creature. It roars in pain as the icy bubble peels some of its skin off, and slams into a wall. As it rights itself the creature lets out an enormous roar and opens its mouth. An icy ball forms in its mouth before an Ice Beam shoots out and hit both Marteo and Keo, freezing the pair of them. As you watch in distress at the carnage Medeo finally is able to Calm his Mind. The small pokemon stands up before he opens his palms and sends out out a huge Ball of Energy.

The ball collides with the creature, once again slamming it into a wall. But this time as the creature gets up you can see that it has patches of its skin missing, as well as chunks of flesh. Noticing this, the creature lets out an ear splitting roar and starts to open its mouth. As the mouth opens, it morphs into a Gyarados' mouth, and five string-like tongues shoot out. Two of the tongues easily wrap around the frozen Keo and Marteo, while another two quickly wrap around the unconscious forms of Hyneo and Forteo. The last of the tongues attempts to wrap around Medeo, but the psychic/fighting type is easily able to dodge the tongue. Giving up on Medeo, the five tongues retract into the creature's mouth, along with Keo, Marteo, Hyneo and Forteo. As the creature closes its mouth it begins to convulse, before it begins to heal its body with the DNA of your pokemon. The patches of skin and flesh heal over and the creature sprouts a large pair of wings, grows a pair of Krabby claws, as well as a fluffy black tail and green plating down the back of its spine. With four of your pokemon now gone, its seems that using the formula given to you by the scientist may have to be used.

What will you do?

In an underground laboratory tunnel on the Island of Cortoza, the trainer Ben Hale finished relaying his next set of battle commands. Encouraging his Pokemon to be brave and not give up, he once again sent them forth to fight against Volcanity, Inc.’s genetically-altered monster

Hyneo moved in first, scornfully sneering at the creature in an effort to prevent it from using its Psychic powers twice in a row. The creature let out an angry howl as it was subjected to the monochromatic wolfpup’s Torment, then gaped its mouth wide and Pumped out a high-powered Hydronic blast. Ben instinctively warned his team to beware, and Forteo quickly spun into action. Rotating on his bottomspike, the woody pinecone manufactured a mystical force field of defense in front of Hyneo and himself. However, the beast’s highly-concentrated aquatic blast easily obliterated the Reflective light shield, violently driving the duo back into the tunnel wall.

Ben winced at the sight, but immediately turned to Keo and Marteo, quickly instructing the twosome to combine their attacks to try to stop the monster. Beating the air with her powerful wings, Marteo whipped up a frigid cyclone while Keo directed a claw-created Bubble into the heart of the Icy, swirling Wind. The subzero temperature in the vortex’s chilly core instantly froze the bubble, producing what looked to Ben like an enormous, floating, spherical ice cube. With one mighty flap, the tiny swallow sent the frozen bubble shooting across the tunnel and straight at the VI Monster. The bubble struck its mark squarely, peeling off some of the monster’s skin and slamming it into the opposite wall.

Bellowing with rage, the experimental VI Monster quickly righted itself and retaliated with an arctic attack of its own. The Beam of Ice the beast shot out of its mouth instantly froze Marteo and Keo. Beads of sweat appeared on Ben’s forehead as his two, tiny, ice-encrusted partners fell to the ground with a clattering crash. Dragging a hand through his short, brown hair, Ben tried to keep calm. With four Pokemon out, things were not looking good right now. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, Ben glimpsed an Energy Ball go hurtling past and plow into the VI Monster. The teenage trainer grinned and spun around to see that Medeo, palms still pointed in the direction of the beast, had Calmed his Mind and was once again fighting fit.

But just as Ben was about to send Medeo forward to battle, the shape-shifting creature morphed again, the head taking on the likeness of a Gyarados this time. As it opened its mouth, five long, string-like tongues shot out and instantly began searching out Ben’s Pokemon. Ben bolted in shock at the sight and hollered to his companions to get ready, but the tongues were too fast and easily wrapped themselves around the fallen forms of the exhausted Hyneo, Forteo, Keo, and Marteo. Only the nimble Medeo was able to avoid capture, deftly dodging the snake-like appendages.

As quickly as it sent them out, the VI Monster retracted its tongues, and before either Ben or Medeo could do anything, Hyneo, Forteo, Marteo, and Keo had been ingested. The teenage trainer and small meditite bolted with horror at the thought that their friends were about to be eaten. Without warning, the beast’s body convulsed violently, draining Ben’s Pokemon of their DNA to heal its own wounds and fuel its next transformation. Momentarily frozen with fear, all Ben could do was stare wide-eyed and open-mouthed at the brutal, savage creature as it once again changed shape, this time sprouting two large wings, krabby claws, green plating down the back of its spine, and a fluffy black tail. It was like he was watching a scary movie, or having a nightmare he couldn’t wake up from. Ben wanted to scream, but no sound came out.

A small cry of “Medii!” suddenly snapped Ben back to reality. Turning to Medeo, Ben saw the determined look on the Meditite’s tiny face and the animated way it pointed at his messenger bag. At just that moment, Ben remembered the experimental liquid the VI scientist had given him and quickly withdrew it from his pack. Tossing it to Medeo, Ben hollered, “Quick, mate! There’s not a moment to lose!” Medeo caught the syringe and nodded, as Ben continued. “I’m not sure what this’ll do, but we’re going to try it! Go with Mega Punch and Mega Kick, but be ready to dodge with Double Team if you get into trouble!”

__________________________
fb (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=76737&postcount=2)

firewater
7th July 2009, 12:39 AM
Pele's Ruins

firewater: Upon hearing your question Barry starts to smile before he begins to explain what he is going to the ruins for. "Well, as you may know," starts Barry, "Pele herself is said to have cursed the ruins. What I want to do is see the ruins for myself and see what all the fuss is about. I also have always been interested in old ruins and the like and thought that this would be a great adventure." You nod your head as Barry finishes his story, but you can't help but feel that Barry isn't telling you the entire truth about what he wants. However, you quickly push the thought out of your mind and instead you continue to walk towards the ruins.

Soon you finally reach Pele's Ruins, which were a magnificent set of rock structures with overgrown vines on them. "Wowee," mutters Barry as he looks at the ruins. "I wonder how Pele cursed these babies, and why." As the man said this, you notice that a creepy look of glee had grown on his face. Realising that you have noticed the look on his face, Barry quickly wipes it off and goes to take a step forward. As he put his foot down, a pair of women seemingly appear out of nowhere. The women both had dark skin, black wavy hair and both wore coconut bras and grass skirts.

"Halt," they say. "If you wish to enter the ruins, you must first beat us." Not even waiting for you and Barry to answer, they throw a PokeBall each into the air. The balls hit the ground and release a Camerupt and a Monferno.

What will you do?

"Well, as you may know," starts Barry, "Pele herself is said to have cursed the ruins. What I want to do is see the ruins for myself and see what all the fuss is about. I also have always been interested in old ruins and the like and thought that this would be a great adventure."

This was a decent response to the question David Michael had given Barry to begin with, but it seemed that he was still hiding something from his response. While he had a strange reaction to the explanation, David Michael simply shruggs the feeling off and continues down the way to the ruins, eventually finding the area, with beautiful statues covered by miles of green plants and other areas, yet David Michael can only stare in confusion at Barry's first impression of the Ruins...

"Wowee," mutters Barry as he looks at the ruins. "I wonder how Pele cursed these babies, and why."

David Michael was puzzled- why would anyone want to experience a curse that supposedly had been active for thousands of years, and with the strange look of glee on his face, David Michael thought Barry had soemthing that wasn't wanted in a travel compainion. The problem was that Barry saw the look on his face, and immediately stops, fixes his complexion and takes a step. It was then when two women, seemingly out of nowhere reveal themselves, clad in only coconut bras and grass skirts. Another point of interest was the Camerupt and Monferno that stood in front of them as they began to speak.

"Halt," they say. "If you wish to enter the ruins, you must first beat us."

Stunned for a moment, David Michael turns to Barry and begins to talk-

"Barry, do you have any pokemon with you? If you do, then send one out- otherwise I'll take them on..."

Turning towards the battle, David Michael pops open a pokeball, to reveal his Spheal, Aurora. Turning to her, David Michael begins to give some orders.

"Hey there Aurora, it's time to fight- let's start off with letting them go first. Prepare yourself with a Curse, then Aqua Tail whichever one of them attacks you first. If they ignore you, then attack Camerupt with the Aqua Tail."

Not even waiting for Barry's response, he simply pops open Dart's pokeball, before giving more commands as the Staravia reveals itself..

"Dart, it's as simple as this, If either Monferno or Camerupt attack Aurora before Barry sends out a pokemon, attack Monferno with an Air Cutter, then follow up with a Tri Attack on Camerupt. If Barry doesn't send one out anyway- do the attacks. If he sends a pokemon out, then just chill, and watch for any surprises."

Waiting to see what his traveling partner, and his opponets would do, David Michael simply waits for the result of his actions.

PeeGee
11th July 2009, 3:27 AM
Volcanity Inc. Lab Tunnel

Hayward: Giving Medeo the needle and his orders, the Meditite turns towards the creature. Medeo lifts the needle up and injects it into his arm. Instantly he feels stronger, more energy is running through his veins. As Medeo stares at the creature, he suddenly feels his skin getting too tight. You watch as Medeo starts to scream out in pain, the small pokemon starting to convulse. Suddenly Medeo stops moving and starts to glow white, his body beginning to change. In a flash of bright light Medeo has changed from a Meditite into something else. Medeo is now much taller, with longer limbs, and what appears to be large pink pair of pants on his legs and a pink cap on his head. You gasp in surprise as you stare at the Medicham in front of you. Not wasting any time after evolving Medeo jumps forward, both his hand and foot glowing. He strikes the creature with a Mega Punch and swings his foot around and hits the creature with a Mega Kick. The creatures roars with fury before it opens its mouth and shoots out an Ice Beam. As the creature fires the attack, Medeo shimmers and separates into several copies of himself, thanks to his Double Team. As the Ice Beam goes through one of the copies, the creature fires off several more Ice Beams, all of them going through clones. You continue to watch the battle, in awe at the sight of Medeo in his evolved form. But you still have the battle underway.

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

firewater: Sending out Dart and Aurora, your Staravia doesn't have to worry about a thing as Barry throws a Poke Ball forward. As the ball hits the ground it opens up and shoots out a red beam, which materializes into a Snover. The ice/grass type looks at its opponents before looking back at Barry as if to say 'They both have double type advantages over me'.

"Don't worry Snover," says Barry, "Start off with a Grasswhitsle at Monferno then use Mud Slap on Camerupt."

Snover nods before the battle commences. As Monferno begins to power up a Fire Punch, Snover begins to whistle. As Monferno hears the Grasswhitsle its head begins to droop, the monkey falling asleep. Snover smiles at the success of its attack before Camerupt slams into it with a Take Down. As that happens Aurora strengths herself up with her Curse before she pounces at Camerupt. As she gets closer to Camerupt, Aurora starts to spin around. She connects with the camel, successfully pulling off an Aqua Tail. As Camerupt is sent to the ground by the attack, Snover takes an opportunity to Slap some Mud int its eyes. Righting itself, Camerupt roars before stamping its feet on the ground, causing a Magnitude 9. Aurora and Snover are knocked off their feet, but didn't seem to take too much damage.

You look at the battle in front of you; Monferno asleep, Camerput partiallt blinded, and Aurora and Snover only taking a little bit of damage.

What will you do?

-Hayward-
11th July 2009, 2:28 PM
Volcanity Inc. Lab Tunnel

Hayward: Giving Medeo the needle and his orders, the Meditite turns towards the creature. Medeo lifts the needle up and injects it into his arm. Instantly he feels stronger, more energy is running through his veins. As Medeo stares at the creature, he suddenly feels his skin getting too tight. You watch as Medeo starts to scream out in pain, the small pokemon starting to convulse. Suddenly Medeo stops moving and starts to glow white, his body beginning to change. In a flash of bright light Medeo has changed from a Meditite into something else. Medeo is now much taller, with longer limbs, and what appears to be large pink pair of pants on his legs and a pink cap on his head. You gasp in surprise as you stare at the Medicham in front of you. Not wasting any time after evolving Medeo jumps forward, both his hand and foot glowing. He strikes the creature with a Mega Punch and swings his foot around and hits the creature with a Mega Kick. The creatures roars with fury before it opens its mouth and shoots out an Ice Beam. As the creature fires the attack, Medeo shimmers and separates into several copies of himself, thanks to his Double Team. As the Ice Beam goes through one of the copies, the creature fires off several more Ice Beams, all of them going through clones. You continue to watch the battle, in awe at the sight of Medeo in his evolved form. But you still have the battle underway.

What will you do?



In the Volcanity Inc. Lab Tunnel on the Island of Cortoza, the Meditite Medeo locked eyes with the genetically-altered VI monster, the needle housing the experimental liquid clutched tightly in his tiny right hand. The contents of the syringe sloshed back and forth inside the container as the Yoga Pokemon lifted it into the air and held it tentatively above his left arm. Pausing briefly, the Yoga Pokemon glanced warily back at its trainer, but the boy motioned for it to go on, hoping that they weren’t too late to save their companions trapped inside the savage beast’s stomach. Unsure what would happen next, Ben held his breath as Medeo slowly plunged the needle into one of its veins then tossed the empty hypodermic to the side.

No sooner had Medeo introduced the chemical agent into his bloodstream, then he let out a terrible scream of “Med-ii!” and began to writhe in agony. All Ben could do was gape his mouth and watch, eyes wide with anxiety, at what looked like a Pokemon struggling to get out of a hide that was too small for its body. Suddenly, the little Meditite stopped its shaking, and a blinding white light radiated from its body, its intensity causing Ben to shield his eyes and glance away. When he looked back a stately Medicham stood in the place where Medeo had been only moments ago, and the boy gasped out, “Medeo?!” Impressed with its new body, the former Meditite nodded and flashed Ben a huge grin, causing Ben to bolt in surprise at the transformation wrought by the experimental liquid.

Not wasting any time, the Medicham Medeo sprang forward recklessly, hand and foot aglow, giving no thought to his own safety. His steely gaze once again fixed on the VI Monster, Medeo attacked, trying to save his comrades. As the Mega Punch and Mega Kick found their marks, Ben offered praise and warning to his friend. “Brilliant, mate!” he hollered. “Don’t get cocky!” Just then the VI Monster fired off retaliatory Ice Beams in Medeo’s direction, but the Medicham created shimmery clones to confuse the beast, and dodged the frosty salvos.

Ben let out a cheer as Medeo made it through the barrage unscathed, marveling at his temporarily-evolved partner’s newfound speed, strength, and dexterity. Thinking to himself that Medeo would need those three qualities as well as a bit of luck, Ben made up his mind to take full advantage of the Medicham’s superior abilities for as long as he could. “Try to stun the monster with Zen Headbutt. If it’s dazed, move in close enough not to miss and go with Dynamic Punch, otherwise, wait for it to let down its guard and then go for it! Follow up with Psycho Cut! We need to get to the others before it’s too late!” The Medicham nodded its head and prepared to attack…

______________________________________
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/Luxraymaster/FizzyBubbles.png (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=76737&postcount=2)


[image courtesy of luxraymaster (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9475475&postcount=1)]

PeeGee
13th July 2009, 2:10 AM
Hayward: Medeo jumps forward, intent on finishing off the creature once and for all. His head begins to glow as the Medicham Headbutts the creature with Zen energy. The creature gives a roar of pain, before it begins to Howl. You realise that it's using an attack of Hyneo's and you feel rage start to bubble up. Also realising that the creature is using one of Hyeno's moves, Medeo pulls his fist back and lets loose with a Dynamic Punch. The attack forces the creature off the ground and slams it into a wall. As the creature falls to the ground, it appears to be back in the state that it was in before it absorbed four of your pokemon. Once again it opened its mouth and sent a long, thin tongue in Medeo's direction. You watch the tongue in horror, expecting it to wrap around Medeo and pull him into the creature's mouth. Instead, Medeo slaps his hands together and sends out an enormous arc of energy in the creature's direction. The Psycho Cut rips through the tongue headed towards Medeo and cuts into the creature's face. The creature roars in pain as it flails on the ground, before it starts to convulse. Smoke starts to rise off the creature's body and, to your surprise, it begins to melt. As Medeo watches the creature melt, he briefly glows before reverting back to his Meditite stage. Finally the creature has fully melted away and left in its place are five pokemon. Your four pokemon jump up with joy once they realise that they are back and they run into your arms. After the initial joy of having your pokemon back has faded, you look over at the fifth pokemon and realise that it was alive. You walk over and see that lying on the ground is a Feebas, a Feebas which looks at you with eyes that say 'Please take me in'. It used to be the creature that attacked you, but at the same time it was just a helpless pokemon which was experimented on.

What will you do?

firewater
13th July 2009, 2:58 AM
Volcanity Inc. Lab Tunnel

Pele's Ruins

firewater: Sending out Dart and Aurora, your Staravia doesn't have to worry about a thing as Barry throws a Poke Ball forward. As the ball hits the ground it opens up and shoots out a red beam, which materializes into a Snover. The ice/grass type looks at its opponents before looking back at Barry as if to say 'They both have double type advantages over me'.

"Don't worry Snover," says Barry, "Start off with a Grasswhitsle at Monferno then use Mud Slap on Camerupt."

Snover nods before the battle commences. As Monferno begins to power up a Fire Punch, Snover begins to whistle. As Monferno hears the Grasswhitsle its head begins to droop, the monkey falling asleep. Snover smiles at the success of its attack before Camerupt slams into it with a Take Down. As that happens Aurora strengths herself up with her Curse before she pounces at Camerupt. As she gets closer to Camerupt, Aurora starts to spin around. She connects with the camel, successfully pulling off an Aqua Tail. As Camerupt is sent to the ground by the attack, Snover takes an opportunity to Slap some Mud int its eyes. Righting itself, Camerupt roars before stamping its feet on the ground, causing a Magnitude 9. Aurora and Snover are knocked off their feet, but didn't seem to take too much damage.

You look at the battle in front of you; Monferno asleep, Camerput partiallt blinded, and Aurora and Snover only taking a little bit of damage.

What will you do?

David Michael grins with relief as Barry tosses out a pokemon and sort of facepalms in his mind. Barry's Snover appeared to have the same look, at least until Barry gives some orders...

"Don't worry Snover," says Barry, "Start off with a Grasswhitsle at Monferno then use Mud Slap on Camerupt."

David Michael was impressed at what happened, as when Monferno prepared a Fire Punch, Snover's Grasswhistling appeared to be at a good effect, as Monferno quickly droops, and falls asleep as Snover grins...before getting ran over by a Take Down, courtesy of Camerupt. After all of this time, Aurora had gained the time to Curse herself up, gaining more power and she easily manages to counterattack, spinning around in mid-air and slams herself into Camerupt with her Aqua Tail, dealing a good blow. Before Camerupt could recover, Snover Slapped some Mud into its face, and caused it to get angry, and of course stomp around, creating a Magnitude 9, which shook both pokemon around before things stopped. David Michael sized up the situation, and knowing what could be a priority. Since Camerupt wasn't asleep, he'd simply focus on it for the time being.

"Alright then Aurora, that was a good job- keep the pace and we've got this battle in the clear! Let's focus on Camerupt for right now, at least until Monferno wakes up. Fire off a Water Pulse on Camerupt, before following with an Ice Beam. Hopefully his being wet will increase the damage!"

After finishing his orders, David Michael turns to Barry and asked..

"Hey, that's a pretty good Snover, how long have you had him before now ?"

as he turns back to the battle at hand, David Michael listens out for Barry's response...

-Hayward-
13th July 2009, 9:53 PM
Hayward: Medeo jumps forward, intent on finishing off the creature once and for all. His head begins to glow as the Medicham Headbutts the creature with Zen energy. The creature gives a roar of pain, before it begins to Howl. You realise that it's using an attack of Hyneo's and you feel rage start to bubble up. Also realising that the creature is using one of Hyeno's moves, Medeo pulls his fist back and lets loose with a Dynamic Punch. The attack forces the creature off the ground and slams it into a wall. As the creature falls to the ground, it appears to be back in the state that it was in before it absorbed four of your pokemon. Once again it opened its mouth and sent a long, thin tongue in Medeo's direction. You watch the tongue in horror, expecting it to wrap around Medeo and pull him into the creature's mouth. Instead, Medeo slaps his hands together and sends out an enormous arc of energy in the creature's direction. The Psycho Cut rips through the tongue headed towards Medeo and cuts into the creature's face. The creature roars in pain as it flails on the ground, before it starts to convulse. Smoke starts to rise off the creature's body and, to your surprise, it begins to melt. As Medeo watches the creature melt, he briefly glows before reverting back to his Meditite stage. Finally the creature has fully melted away and left in its place are five pokemon. Your four pokemon jump up with joy once they realise that they are back and they run into your arms. After the initial joy of having your pokemon back has faded, you look over at the fifth pokemon and realise that it was alive. You walk over and see that lying on the ground is a Feebas, a Feebas which looks at you with eyes that say 'Please take me in'. It used to be the creature that attacked you, but at the same time it was just a helpless pokemon which was experimented on.

What will you do?


In a laboratory access tunnel on the Island of Cortoza, the trainer Ben Hale watched wide-eyed as the fallen body of the genetically-altered VI Monster was suddenly racked by violent, uncontrollable spasms. As it writhed on the ground in agony, wisps of smoke slowly ascended from its rapidly deteriorating body. Ben knew the creature had expanded a lot of energy in battle, and believed it no longer had the strength to stabilize its volatile molecular structure.

Like his trainer, Medeo was completely transfixed by the bizarre sight before his eyes and appeared to hardly even notice the light emanating from his own body, signaling his transformation back into Meditite form. In stunned silence, Ben and his partner watched as the shape-shifting creature’s skin slowly dissolved into nothingness. In its place were five tiny Pokemon -- Ben’s jubilant quartet and an unmoving Pokemon Ben couldn’t identify, but guessed was most likely the creature’s true form.

Freed from the unfriendly confines of their temporary “prison,” Forteo, Hyneo, Keo, and Marteo, let out a joyful shout and rushed to Ben and Medeo. Ben let out a grateful sigh as he saw that they had avoided serious injury, and embraced his team in a warm, group hug, while Medeo patted each of them on the back and grinned broadly. The boy promised to take them all to a Pokemon Center at the first possible opportunity, then thanked everyone for their hard work and complimented them on their effort, before returning them to their various Pokeballs.

As he stood to leave, mixed feelings swirled within Ben like a murky cyclone. He was glad that they had been able to stop the savage monster, but he still felt guilty about not being able to save the female researcher’s life. She had been so adamant that the creature was not really bad at heart, just confused, and Ben admired her for that. Right before she was killed, she had told Ben that the creature had once been an ordinary Pokemon. Seeking to create the perfect Pokemon, the scientists at VI had combined the DNA of several local specimens with their chosen host, but the experiment had gone terribly wrong, and the newly-created monster had gotten out of control.

Suddenly Ben’s curiosity got the best of him and he turned aside to check on the true identity of the host Pokemon. He recalled seeing elements of Krabby, Kingler, Corphish, Gorebyss, Tentacruel, and Gyarados among others, in the monster’s transformations and figured the scientists had most likely chosen the local water-types for their experiment. Nothing could have prepared the boy for the shock he received though. In the creature’s place was the saddest and loneliest Feebas Ben had ever seen, and as it blinked at him pitifully from the tunnel floor, Ben couldn’t help but feel sorry for it.

While it was true that this was the very same Pokemon that had attacked him, Ben knew it was really just a defenseless Pokemon that had been the victim of a cruel experiment. The boy knew that if anyone was to blame it was the researchers who had subjected the helpless fish to their atrocities. He couldn’t just leave it here to die in the middle of the tunnel. He hadn’t been able to save the female researcher, but he could save her Pokemon. Without a second thought, Ben quickly reached into the brown canvas messenger bag slung over his shoulder, pulled out a Pokeball, and tapped it lightly on the Feebas’s forehead.


______________________________________
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/Luxraymaster/FizzyBubbles.png (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=76737&postcount=2)


[image courtesy of luxraymaster (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9475475&postcount=1)]

PeeGee
14th July 2009, 8:25 AM
Pele's Ruins

firewater:After giving his Snover a quick order of "Ice Shard and Stomp' Barry turns towards you and answers your question.

"Well I've had Snover for about three years now. I met him when I was investigating the temple in Snowpoint City," replied Barry. "Ever since Snover has proven himself to be quite a valuable ally."

Satisfied by the answer you turn your attention back to the battle. As Aurora opens her mouth to shoot her attack, Camerupt charges at the Spheal, Tackling the water type. Aurora still shoots her Water Pulse, but instead of hitting her intended target, Aurora hits Monferno. As the water splashes on the fire/fighting type, Monferno awakens. Realizing that it was put to sleep by Snover, the Monferno pulls back its fist and Punches the ice/grass with a fist of Fire. Snover yells in pain as the fire burns his grassy exterior. Wanting revenge, Snover throws a Shard of Ice towards Monferno, the ice cutting into its flesh. As Snover attacks Monferno, Aurora opens her mouth again and shoots out an Ice Beam at Camerupt. The beam slams into the fire/ground pokemon, not doing all that much damage but still a fair amount. Camerupt roars before glowing and sending out an Earth Power in Aurora's direction. The Spheal is sent flying, bouncing off a nearby rock. Snover stares at Monferno before he jumps up, intending to Stomp on Monferno, with the Monferno getting ready to hit Snover with a Double Punch. As Snover landed on Monferno, the monkey also hit Snover with two consecutive punches. Aurora looks back at you, awaiting her next set of orders.

What will you do?

Volcanity Inc. Lab Tunnel

Hayward A couple of things first. You need to put a link for your pokeball and I forget to put that Medeo gained a level from the battle.

You tap your pokeball on the Feebas' head and in an instant it is sucked into the ball. Congratulations you obtained a Female Lv 5 Feebas. Holding the ball that contains your new pokemon, you look around you. The tunnel is covered with dents and several bloodstains. You take one last look before you walk out of the tunnel. The thought of the scientist from before goes through your mind, making your eyes water a little, but you are able to dismiss the thought even though it is a sad one. Before you leave, you alert the authorities by calling them from the front office. You wait outside of the Research Lab for the authorities to arrive, and when they do, you have a lot of explaining of to do.

"So you're telling me that the scientists here were experimenting on pokemon in order to create the ultimate pokemon?" asked the police officer.

You nod your head and start to make your way off of the island. You take one last look at the Research Centre before you board the boat off the island.

When you reply to this you're welcome to leave Cortoza, and it was a pleasure updating you.

Tale
14th July 2009, 3:40 PM
Pele's Shrine

Tale: As you give Pele you request, her statue starts to glow and large chunks of rock begin to fall off the statue. You watch in awe as slowly the rocks fall off to reveal the Goddess Pele. She looks down at you, her body glowing with ethereal light, she opens her mouth and starts to speak in a soothing voice. The Ralts that you have rescued has completely lost its mind. When I granted its wish, there was still some strands of sanity left in its mind, but now they are all gone. Pele pauses, making sure that you understand everything that she has said so far. When you nod to say continue on, she does. My quest for you to complete is for you to take the young Ralts and take it to the middle of this Shrine. Once Ralts has been placed on the podium, you will be required to face a series of battles. If you do then not only will I null Ralt's request, it shall also be restored to full sanity. But be warned, if you are not able to complete the trial, then not only will Ralts remain in a state in which its mind is trapped inside its insanity, you shall be forsaken with the same affliction Finishing, the Goddess looks at you, awaiting you answer. You must decide whether or not to save the Ralts, or if you should just high tail it out of Mt Pele.

What will you do?

I do apologise for my sluggishness, PikaGod. I snatch at every opportunity to write that I can get, so my replies and updates are becoming quite sporadic. Thank you for the update =).

Lowering to a deep and reverent bow, Oscar faced only the rock beneath his feet as he patiently awaited any inkling to the Goddess’s response to his plight. His heart hammered like a warning drum, and droplets of sweat began to rhythmically drip from the tip of his goatee, quivering in the flux of his heavy breaths. With naught for his eyes to find focus in, his thoughts diverted to the events preceding that which was soon to follow, and it was with a slight surprise that he considered his demonstration of kindness for the Ralts. Were all other explanations unsuitable, he would have at that moment regained his posture, scalded his own philanthropic suppression of darker exploits and attempted to tackle the mountain without a moment’s deliberation of the peril. However, it was via the actions he’d taken that Oscar had found a conduit for the Mountain’s secrets to traverse - were it not for the preservation of the Ralts’s life, he’d now confront a crude demonstration of the Goddess’s power through which he’d be required to toil with far greater exertion than what was currently demanded of him if her enigma was to be plundered for its proffered wealth of experience. Now, he had a method through which the Goddess would be prized from the depths of the volcano to respond. As a matter of fact, he thought, it was ingenious.

He momentarily enjoyed the novel sensation of self-gratification until an unanticipated sound reached his ears above the volcano’s tremors. A crack. It was a sound he’d been somewhat fearful of during the largest portion of his progression to this point, but one he’d not considered upon the triumph of his efforts. With the crack of splitting rock piquing his curiosity enough to tempt his eyes from their respectful diversion, Oscar looked in just enough time to avoid the tumbling stone detached from the statue’s body. Snatching a few moments to straighten his hat, Oscar peered back up at the statue he’d spoken to just moments ago, and found himself significantly stunned by the apparent result of his attempts. Fretful for his companion’s wellbeing amid the shower of stone, he swiftly recalled Friedrich into his ball before gleaning some distance from the onslaught of rocky debris and viewing with motionless eyes from afar the occurrence that shook his rationality to its core.

There he stood like a bewildered infant before the one spectacle his wayward imaginings had not encompassed. The Goddess Pele, an entity whose existence rose above that of all mortality, was emerging like some divine miracle from within the statue’s stony shell. Her celestial aura manifested as a glow that beamed from every point of exposure, heavenly rays that rendered Oscar still and speechless, his mind mislaid amid the transcendence of his vision. The seconds passed like years he could barely comprehend or recollect for their staggering implausibility, and Pele was revealed - the rumours of her feminine form vivified in breathtaking starkness.

From that moment, every occurrence that passed was enhanced by the sensation of disembodiment. Oscar’s every sense was numbed at the magnificence of what he now confronted. His fibre brimmed with the privilege of which he could not rid his mind, and as the Goddess spoke to him directly, her velvety and ethereal voice travelling like the ripples of a tranquil pond to his ears, he was at once greater than he’d hoped to be. Her instruction held the clarity of crystal, and it was such which assuaged her voice’s betrayal of her fabled ferocity. Had it not come directly from the mouth of Pele herself, Oscar could not suppress the sense that the conditions to his request could have been calculated by a mortal mind alone, given the reputation in which the fiery Goddess was encircled. She demanded battle, violence, endurance, all those prospects that had at once allured his dark anticipations from the outset of his ascent. His responses were limited for his subjection to overwhelming awe, and it was with a slight yet surefooted nod that Oscar encouraged the words of Pele.

She cautioned him against loss, and tempered the triumph of his request with the prospect of insanity’s pervasion into all mortal minds present. Although he dared not voice it, insanity, he thought, was not the most repellent of punishments. It was but another route for consciousness to take, and had depths to be explored just as sanity had.

He sensed that upon her concluding word, the Goddess Pele desired his response. All that surrounded her radiant form had now dissolved into indistinguishable darkness, and his eyes found themselves dedicated. In the pause she had allowed, Oscar’s heart had begun to pound with the zeal inspired in the face of this opportunity. His eyes shimmered in the glow of her magnificence, and Oscar forcibly drew them down to where the little Ralts was laid. Though he had often enjoyed the merits on nonconformity, it was on a rare occasion that the compliance to instruction yielded results so abundantly beneficial that to flout them was in itself a detrimental act. He desired the challenge that Pele proposed, and so it was without hesitation that Oscar approached with deliberate steps.

“Pele, your words fall on my mortal ears with a majesty I’d only expected from one whose spirit thrives in passion,” he stood over the Ralts and looked down at its unconscious features. It was a pitiful sight, to see a creature that holds such immeasurable power sprawled so helplessly amid these magnificent visions. Slowly, he crouched to scoop the creature into his arms once more. “And it is with such passion that I shall respond. Like yours, my spirit cannot relent, it cannot shirk in the face of tribulation. And so, I accept what you ask of me, and I shall engage with utmost fervour the challenge beset before me.” His final words were spoken as he placed the Ralts’s body upon the shrine. Bracingly, his hand hovered over the Pokeball that contained his Sneasel, Jean-Paul.

“I am prepared.” He said.

-Hayward-
14th July 2009, 8:02 PM
Volcanity Inc. Lab Tunnel

Hayward A couple of things first. You need to put a link for your pokeball and I forget to put that Medeo gained a level from the battle.

You tap your pokeball on the Feebas' head and in an instant it is sucked into the ball. Congratulations you obtained a Female Lv 5 Feebas. Holding the ball that contains your new pokemon, you look around you. The tunnel is covered with dents and several bloodstains. You take one last look before you walk out of the tunnel. The thought of the scientist from before goes through your mind, making your eyes water a little, but you are able to dismiss the thought even though it is a sad one. Before you leave, you alert the authorities by calling them from the front office. You wait outside of the Research Lab for the authorities to arrive, and when they do, you have a lot of explaining of to do.

"So you're telling me that the scientists here were experimenting on pokemon in order to create the ultimate pokemon?" asked the police officer.

You nod your head and start to make your way off of the island. You take one last look at the Research Centre before you board the boat off the island.

When you reply to this you're welcome to leave Cortoza, and it was a pleasure updating you.



*OoC - Whoops! Sorry about the Pokeball link, I've included it in this post.



A brilliant flash of scarlet light momentarily illuminated the underground lab tunnel as the helpless Feebas was quickly sucked up into the Pokeball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=10051776&postcount=5797) that Ben gently tapped against its forehead. Clutching the red and white capture capsule tightly in his hand, the boy took one last look at the passageway and knew he would never forget the events that happened here. The walls had been heavily damaged during the battle and concern for the corridor’s structural integrity briefly crossed Ben’s mind. Bloodstains of various sizes and shapes dotted the floor, and he fought back a tear as he was once again reminded of the female researcher who had given her life trying to save the Feebas he now held in his hand. Lifting up the flap on the brown canvas messenger bag slung across his shoulder, Ben placed the Pokeball containing Feebas next to the five containment orbs housing Medeo, Hyneo, Keo, Forteo, and Marteo, then set off on the return trip to Volcanity, Inc.’s Research Facility.


* * *

"So you're telling me that the scientists here were experimenting on Pokemon in order to create the ultimate Pokemon?" the police officer asked. Knowing the authorities needed to be informed of what had happened in the Research Facility, Ben had called them from one of the lobby phones and then waited outside for their arrival.

The boy solemnly nodded his head and wondered if he should tell them about the experimental Feebas in his bag. Worry for the fish's safety filled him as he realized the authorities might see it as dangerous and try to take it from him, or that they might wish to study it out of curiosity. Ben knew that the Feebas needed a good home more than anything and decided against sharing any information about it. The officer didn’t ask any follow-up questions, though and Ben left the officers to continue their investigation on their own.

An ocean going vessel was waiting near the shoreline, and as Ben made his way across the sandy beachfront towards it, he threw a quick glance over his shoulder at the research facility in the near distance. Everything seemed quiet and Ben sincerely hoped that peace had returned to the area. Hopefully, the remaining scientists had learned that it was wrong to temper with nature, and would dedicate themselves to bettering the lives of people and Pokemon in the future.




* for reference lv. 28 (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9762770&postcount=131) male meditite is now lv. 29 - meditite learned force palm (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml)*



As my adventure in Cortoza has come to a close, I just want to once again thank the two updators for a fun time. So, thanks to Amras.MG for the first half of the updates, as well as for the awesome Krabby. *bows respectfully* and a big thank you to Food Guy for picking up where he left off, for the interesting second half (a shape-shifting Feebas=win), and for the unique Pokemon capture. *bows respectfully a second time* Thanks again, guys, I had a blast. Food Guy, good luck with your future adventures.

-H

__________________________________________________ _______
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/Luxraymaster/FizzyBubbles.png (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=76737&postcount=2”)

[image courtesy of luxraymaster (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9475475&postcount=1)]

PeeGee
15th July 2009, 5:15 AM
Pele's Shrine

Tale: Placing Ralts on the Shrine, you await your first challenge. The moment the petite body of Ralts touched the rock, the temple begins to tremble. The trembling continues until a section of the temple floor opens up. Accompanied by an over dramatic display of smoke and pyrotechnics, a platform slowly rises up from the hole, as it finally finishes rising you see a man, dressed in what appears to be ceremonial garb, standing there. "Ah, you must be our challenger," says the man as he steps off the platform. "You will face a series of five battles, as you most probably already know. Each of the battles will progressively get harder and harder as you go on. Each pokemon may only be used in two battles each, so save your strongest pokemon for last." The man stops briefly and continues on when he sees that you understand the conditions. "Your first battle will be against me, and while I may be considered the easiest of your five battles, by no means will I be easy. Now, go Maui" The man throws a pokeball forward and when it hits the ground it releases an enormous rocky pokemon, one with a big nose, a red hat and what appears to be a black moustache. In other words he sent out a Probopass. "Now lets begin," says the man.

What will you do?

Tale
16th July 2009, 1:00 PM
Pele's Shrine

Tale: Placing Ralts on the Shrine, you await your first challenge. The moment the petite body of Ralts touched the rock, the temple begins to tremble. The trembling continues until a section of the temple floor opens up. Accompanied by an over dramatic display of smoke and pyrotechnics, a platform slowly rises up from the hole, as it finally finishes rising you see a man, dressed in what appears to be ceremonial garb, standing there. "Ah, you must be our challenger," says the man as he steps off the platform. "You will face a series of five battles, as you most probably already know. Each of the battles will progressively get harder and harder as you go on. Each pokemon may only be used in two battles each, so save your strongest pokemon for last." The man stops briefly and continues on when he sees that you understand the conditions. "Your first battle will be against me, and while I may be considered the easiest of your five battles, by no means will I be easy. Now, go Maui" The man throws a pokeball forward and when it hits the ground it releases an enormous rocky pokemon, one with a big nose, a red hat and what appears to be a black moustache. In other words he sent out a Probopass. "Now lets begin," says the man.

What will you do?

Thank you for an exciting update, PikaGod =).

No sooner than his words were uttered did Oscar whirl around to witness the stirring emergence of his first challenge. “I see that little time is wasted with such matters…perhaps I’m not the first explorer to confront your challenge?” He asks softly, hand still poised at his pocket. Just a few yards ahead of him, the rocky floor shifted amid the tremors prompted by the presentation of the Ralts’s unconscious body, and Oscar smiled as thick smoke poured from the crevice, evidently concealing that which lay veiled beneath the rock at his feet. Were he not invigorated by the prospect of battle amid the relentless eruption of a powerful volcano, he would have tried his luck investigating the space that existed beneath him - perhaps in some way in was interconnected with the tunnel he’d ventured into just moments ago.

Regardless of his suppressed impulses, Oscar was within seconds sharing glances with his first opponent, a man who incited an inexplicable zeal within him with the ceremonial attire in which he was clad. Oscar did not and could not flout the notion that this was a man particularly adept not only in battle, but in volcanic environments. In this man, he was certain to confront a tribulation that only the most tactical of approaches would subdue. The stranger then spoke to Oscar, relaying and affirming the requisites of the challenge, evidently in cahoots with the Goddess herself and experienced in the intricacies of her will. By no means, Oscar thought, would he shirk from the opportunity to present Pele with an inspiring confrontation, ablaze with the passion churning in his heart, and the zealousness of his spirit.

“I am certain, sir, that you are not a man whose prowess in battle is to be disregarded. I anticipate the uncertainty of our conflict with relentless spirit. I only hope that the sentiment is mutual.”

His opponent, after having concluded the instructions by which Oscar was required to abide, unleashed his companion in a flash of light. The creature, unlike any other that Oscar had thus far witnessed, bore a thrilling resemblance to ancient statues that rang familiar to Oscar’s memory. From what he could ascertain, it was not of flesh and blood, but a material of far sturdier constitution. While the majority of its body was evidently composed of rock, Oscar noted the metallic matter beneath Maui’s great nose, and likened its magnetic implications to that of the Magnemite line - all of which, he recalled, are composed of steel bodies. Should this have proven valid, and the creature he now confronted was indeed of a steely composition, then dependence on physical assaults was a nullified concept.

With such concerns borne in mind, Oscar’s hand shifted to the ball that contained Simone, then paused as he considered his residual collection of items. In another pocket he held a variety of Technical Machines, which he’d intended to equally distribute amongst his companions to increase their wealth of techniques. Two of these would have proven quite beneficial to Simone in particular.

Wary that his extended tarrying may prompt frustration to be ill-received by the Goddess Pele, Oscar held up an apologetic hand. “Though my soul rages for battle, I must insist that I first engage in some necessary preparation, please accept my apologies.”

Plunging his hand hastily into his pocket, he sifted through the compact items before pinpointing two of the Technical Machines at his disposal. Extracting and preparing them - two crimson boxes containing the information that would prove invaluable to his ally and setting them on the ground before him, he slotted the Pokeball that contained Simone into the left - a Fire Blast (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=83174&postcount=37) Technical Machine - and then the right - Overheat (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=83174&postcount=37). Awaiting the necessary procedures, Oscar scratched his beard before the mechanical whirring had subsided, indicating Simone’s comprehension of the manoeuvres. Bending down with an eccentric wave of his hand, he clasped the ball and allowed it to expand.

“Now. Where were we?” He threw the ball to the ground, swathing his immediate vicinity in a blast of white light, before grinning at his canine companion as she once again gazed with uncaring eyes on her surroundings, before seating her self upon the rough terrain.

“Hello again, Simone. I trust your respite has been productive. I’d like you to partake in a one-on-one battle, should it please you - your enemy is Maui, that rock-comprised creature just a few yards ahead of you. Now, Simone, please commence by concocting a Nasty Plot for the battle ahead. Ensue by scalding your enemy with a Will-o-wisp and induce some damage with a Shadow Ball to finish. Good luck, my girl.”

PeeGee
19th July 2009, 5:37 AM
Pele's Shrine

Tale: The man smiles as he sees you release your Houndoor and give her a couple of TMs.

"So you think that by using a fire-type that you will defeat me?" mockingly asks the man before he turns towards his Probopass. "Maui, you know what to do."

The Probopass nods and turned towards Simone, the look on its face a very serious look. You quickly give your orders to Simone, and the Houndoor jumps into action. She starts off thinking some Nasty thoughts about her opponent and Plots its downfall. Shaking its head, Maui suddenly gains a metallic sheen to its body, a sign that it used Iron Defense. Ignoring Maui's defensive maneuver Simone opens her mouth and coughs up several fireballs. The Will-O-Wisp snakes its way towards Maui wraps around the Probopass' body. Maui gives a short yell as the fireballs slowly start to burn its metallic body. Giving Simone a death stare, Maui's Mini-passes begin to shake. Suddenly they shoot out and slam into Simone. You look at the Probopass with confusion about what attack it had just used, but you quickly figure out that it was a Magnet Bomb. Slowly getting up, Simone glares at Maui, and she opens her mouth. As she opens it, a Ball of Shadow energy forms in her mouth, and it shoots off into Maui. The Probopass grunts with pain as the attack collides, but then it gives a big sigh and begins to Rest. With the first round of the battle over Simone looks at you and awaits her next orders.

What will you do?

fishyfool
20th July 2009, 12:06 AM
Sorry for the late updates and due to inactivity I'm no longer updating Atlantis_Kid.


Fishyfool: Even more enraged at the men, you continue long the path to their base. As you walk along you can't help but notice that the forest around you is actually getting more and more sparse, and the calls of wild pokemon have stopped. Even though you can tell that this is a bad sign you continue on, you have to stop these men so that they can't inflict anymore damage onto innocent pokemon. After a little while of walking you stop to take a little break, the humidity in the area feels like its rising and now your shirt is absolutely drenched. As you sit down you hear a distant rumbling, and it sounds like it's coming towards you. Right next to you Jackie seems to have become very agitated, yelling out in fear at what was coming. Even though Jackie appears to be afraid, you look on confidently as a large Humvee rolls up.

As the driver gets out he looks at you with a devious grin and pulls out what looks to be a rocket launcher. He fires the launcher, but instead of a rocket bursting out a large net did. The net just misses you and instead wraps around Jackie. The little monkey screams her head off as she is dragged back towards the man. The driver quickly shoves your pokemon into the back of the Humvee and drives away, leaving you in shock at Jackie being taken. This is obviously a ploy masterminded by the men.

What will you do?

Sorry for the much later reply, the past few weeks have been hectic.

With anger overriding his decisions, and the forest becoming ever more sparse, Jamie continued to soldier on through the undergrowth, the aroma of his body odour a likelier deterrent to wild pokemon than anything else, and Jackie becoming more agitated for reasons unknown. As he found a small clearing, a rumbling alerted him as Jackie became much more fearful, and as a humvee rolled up beside him, the grin plastered over the man's face unnerved the trainer somewhat.

Within a few seconds, the fiend had hauled out a rocket launcher and blasted it at Jackie, the warhead bursting into a net, ensnaring the chimp as Jamie looked on in surprise while Meteos hovered nearby, glaring angrily at the act and waiting for an order, but receiving none could only watch as the thief escaped hastily, the jeep roaring down the road and outrunning him. Growling, the boy didn't have to think about what happened: Spovelli must have ordered said flunkie to snatch the Aipom, and the chimp would likely be used as bait or deterrent to dispose of the trainer: An act of abject cowardice.

"Meteos, try and get a psychic link to Jackie while we carry on. If I know them, they won't dare kill her, lest Volcanity Inc. lives up to its name, and not in the incorporative sense."

Determined, Jamie set off on the road, hoping that the Aipom was safe, and preparing himself for something that could barely be considered legal.

firewater
20th July 2009, 4:48 AM
Pele's Ruins

firewater:After giving his Snover a quick order of "Ice Shard and Stomp' Barry turns towards you and answers your question.

"Well I've had Snover for about three years now. I met him when I was investigating the temple in Snowpoint City," replied Barry. "Ever since Snover has proven himself to be quite a valuable ally."

Satisfied by the answer you turn your attention back to the battle. As Aurora opens her mouth to shoot her attack, Camerupt charges at the Spheal, Tackling the water type. Aurora still shoots her Water Pulse, but instead of hitting her intended target, Aurora hits Monferno. As the water splashes on the fire/fighting type, Monferno awakens. Realizing that it was put to sleep by Snover, the Monferno pulls back its fist and Punches the ice/grass with a fist of Fire. Snover yells in pain as the fire burns his grassy exterior. Wanting revenge, Snover throws a Shard of Ice towards Monferno, the ice cutting into its flesh. As Snover attacks Monferno, Aurora opens her mouth again and shoots out an Ice Beam at Camerupt. The beam slams into the fire/ground pokemon, not doing all that much damage but still a fair amount. Camerupt roars before glowing and sending out an Earth Power in Aurora's direction. The Spheal is sent flying, bouncing off a nearby rock. Snover stares at Monferno before he jumps up, intending to Stomp on Monferno, with the Monferno getting ready to hit Snover with a Double Punch. As Snover landed on Monferno, the monkey also hit Snover with two consecutive punches. Aurora looks back at you, awaiting her next set of orders.

What will you do?
.
Well, David Michael could accept Barry's answer as he'd heard about Snowpoint City, but at any rate he'd simply had to focus on the battle at hand. All he could do was wince as Camerupt's attack caused Aurora's attack to go wild, and while it hit a target, it didn't hit the right target. Regardless, Aurora looked ready to go, so David Michael simply gave orders.

"Aurora, you're doing great, let's try that combination again, but make sure you hit Camerupt this time, Water Pulse into Ice Beam if you wouldn't mind."

waiting for the orders to go into effect, David Michael expected the best of the battle...

PeeGee
24th July 2009, 6:59 AM
Crystal Jungle Resort

fishyfool: As you walk down the road, Meteos follows behind you. His eyes glow bright red as he searches for your missing pokemon. Every now and then, Meteos lets out a little grunt, but so far there is no news on the wear abouts of Jackie. Ten minutes later, you are still walking, with no actual idea where you are actually going, and Meteos still hasn't found Jackie. You know that Volcanic Inc won't kill Jackie, they don't have the guts, but that doesn't mean that they won't torture her or sell her off to the highest bidder. Suddenly Meteos lets out a cry of delight, signaling to you that he has found you simian friend. Not being able to talk, the Lunatone sends to your mind images of where Jackie is being held. You see the Volcanity Inc. building and the way there, as well as Jackie in a small cage. Once again, rage burns through you because of the company. They had to be stopped, and quickly. With that set in your mind, you set off in the direction of Volcanity Inc. Soon, however, you find yourself having to stop because of someone in the middle of the road. When he notices that you are there, the man looks at you and smiles a malicious grin.

"Ah, you must be Jamie," he says. "Spovelli told me about you."

At that the man unclips one of his PokeBalls and throws it towards you. The ball hits the ground and releases, what appears to be a prehistoric dragonfly. The Yanmega looks at you for a second, before it swoops at you. You easily dodge the attack, but it is obvious that you need to do something about the attacking pokemon.

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

firewater: With the next round of the battle underway, Snover starts off by pelting Shards of Ice at Monferno. The primate tries to jump out of the road of the shards, but is unable to, and as a result, has its tail frozen. Monferno stares daggers at Snover, before its whole body is engulfed by Flames. It Wheels off in Snover's direction, and collides with the ice/grass type. Snover screams in pain as the fire burns his icy exterior, and retaliates by hitting himself, causing a mini Avalanche. The ice falls on the fire/fighting type, and as the ice melts the water is too much for Monferno, and it faints. Seeing what Snover did to Monferno, Camerupt lets out a loud roar before the volcanoes on its back begin to bubble. Lava shoots out of the volcanoes in Plumes, a vast majority of it hitting Snover. The combination of Monferno's earlier attack and this one causes the ice/grass type to faint. Aurora on the other hand, is raring to go and starts off with opening her mouth and shooting out Water in Pulses. The water attack collides with Camerupt and sends it to the ground. The fire/ground type rights itself before its volcanoes start to bubble again. Seeing this Aurora opens her mouth and shoots a Beam of Ice energy. The beam hits the mouths of the volcanoes and seals them up. Camerupt roars and forces the volcanoes to heat up, and when they do, the ice melts and cancels out the attack. You look at the battlefield in front of you and get ready to say your next set of orders.

What will you do?

firewater
29th July 2009, 8:41 PM
Crystal Jungle Resort

Pele's Ruins

firewater: With the next round of the battle underway, Snover starts off by pelting Shards of Ice at Monferno. The primate tries to jump out of the road of the shards, but is unable to, and as a result, has its tail frozen. Monferno stares daggers at Snover, before its whole body is engulfed by Flames. It Wheels off in Snover's direction, and collides with the ice/grass type. Snover screams in pain as the fire burns his icy exterior, and retaliates by hitting himself, causing a mini Avalanche. The ice falls on the fire/fighting type, and as the ice melts the water is too much for Monferno, and it faints. Seeing what Snover did to Monferno, Camerupt lets out a loud roar before the volcanoes on its back begin to bubble. Lava shoots out of the volcanoes in Plumes, a vast majority of it hitting Snover. The combination of Monferno's earlier attack and this one causes the ice/grass type to faint. Aurora on the other hand, is raring to go and starts off with opening her mouth and shooting out Water in Pulses. The water attack collides with Camerupt and sends it to the ground. The fire/ground type rights itself before its volcanoes start to bubble again. Seeing this Aurora opens her mouth and shoots a Beam of Ice energy. The beam hits the mouths of the volcanoes and seals them up. Camerupt roars and forces the volcanoes to heat up, and when they do, the ice melts and cancels out the attack. You look at the battlefield in front of you and get ready to say your next set of orders.

What will you do?
Watching the battle, David Michael could only stare in shock as Snover managed to finish off Monferno... but right after that Camerupt had beaten it as well. Auroura appeared to be ready to continue, but the fact that those volcanoes were smouldering was a bit of a concern for David Michael, regardless he continues his orders...

"you're doing great Aurora, keep it up. Let's try and finish this battle by keeping our distance. Pelt Camerupt with Water Pulses until it faints, but if it gets too close, launch a Aqua Tail instead."

fishyfool
29th July 2009, 11:57 PM
Crystal Jungle Resort

fishyfool: As you walk down the road, Meteos follows behind you. His eyes glow bright red as he searches for your missing pokemon. Every now and then, Meteos lets out a little grunt, but so far there is no news on the wear abouts of Jackie. Ten minutes later, you are still walking, with no actual idea where you are actually going, and Meteos still hasn't found Jackie. You know that Volcanic Inc won't kill Jackie, they don't have the guts, but that doesn't mean that they won't torture her or sell her off to the highest bidder. Suddenly Meteos lets out a cry of delight, signaling to you that he has found you simian friend. Not being able to talk, the Lunatone sends to your mind images of where Jackie is being held. You see the Volcanity Inc. building and the way there, as well as Jackie in a small cage. Once again, rage burns through you because of the company. They had to be stopped, and quickly. With that set in your mind, you set off in the direction of Volcanity Inc. Soon, however, you find yourself having to stop because of someone in the middle of the road. When he notices that you are there, the man looks at you and smiles a malicious grin.

"Ah, you must be Jamie," he says. "Spovelli told me about you."

At that the man unclips one of his PokeBalls and throws it towards you. The ball hits the ground and releases, what appears to be a prehistoric dragonfly. The Yanmega looks at you for a second, before it swoops at you. You easily dodge the attack, but it is obvious that you need to do something about the attacking pokemon.

What will you do?



Wandering through the jungle, Meteos giving occasional grunts, Jamie questioned what the company would want with Jackie, or rather what her fate would be if he din't find her soon. After a short time, he wasn't sure where he was going as he sighed exasperated, just before Meteos gave a cheerful whistle, or as much of a jubilant sound as a floating rock banana could give before using psychic powers to transmit Jackie's location. As expected, she was in a cage outside Volcanity Inc, and Jamie's patience gave as he growled before heading the way the lunar pokemon showed him. After a short time, however, an obstacle came in the shape of a human, whose devious grin gave the game away: Volcanity employee, under Spovelli's command.

The dragonfly he sent out that swooped for the boy, missing typically, also alerted him that he was packing heat as he looked at the Yanmega, his mind instantly kicking into action to remember what these were capable of: The bugs either had the ability to largely ignore resistances, or they could move faster each round, expending slightly more energy for it. Considering his options, one of them were incapacitated nearby, another would likely gut him for sending her out and another was in storage. Two of them could easily battle it, but knowing trainers, it'd likely strike back with some painful grass moves, leaving only two options, one of which was still a bit tired from Jackie's previous interrogator, which left just one option as the Honchkrow appeared before Jamie, and prepared himself for battle upon espying the caffeinated insect.

"I'd assume he's been talking praises about me. Yakuza, start off by screeching at that Yanmega, before diving in for a drill peck and nailing it with a quick psychic burst, preferably into a tree or something, if not, then the ground."

Staring at the man with determination, Jamie and Yakuza seemed poised to cut through the fool if he didn't yield, and as tension rose, he knew that the man could easily be stalling for time...

PeeGee
12th August 2009, 1:33 PM
Pele's Ruins

firewater: Issuing your next set of orders, Aurora jumps into battle. The Spheal jumps up into the air, opening her mouth as she does so. Pulses of high-pressured Water burst from Aurora's mouth and shoots towards Camerupt. The fire/ground type roars in pain as the water barrages his body, before he charges at Aurora, determined to Take Down the Spheal. Camerupt connects with Aurora and sends her flying backwards, but as she does the water type swings her body around and hits Camerupt with an Aqua Tail. Camerupt lets out a roar before it collapses to the ground, fainted. Level up for Aurora!

"It seems that you are worthy of entering the ruins," say the women in perfect synchronization. "But be warned, these ruins are cursed. You may enter, but you may not return!"

And with that the two women walk backwards and a fog covered them. As quickly as the fog had appears it disappears, the two women gone.

"Well that was different," comments Barry, "Well we should get to exploring these ruins."

As you and Barry walk into the ruins you notice that the ruins look like they will collapse at any moment. Despite this you continue walking, that is until you reach what appears to be a intersection, an old crumbling intersection. Both the ways that you can go, left or right, look exactly the same, but who knows what is on the end of either one.

“Well it appears that we need to make a decision on where we are going,” says Barry, “What way do you want to go?”

What will you do?

Crystal Resort Jungle

fishyfool: Bursting into action Yakuza opens beak and starts to Screech. The high pitched noise echoes from his mouth and makes its way towards Yanmega and its trainer. The man screamed in pain as he covered his ears and the prehistoric dragonfly starts to erratically move left to right. Soon, however, Yakuza finishes screeching, and the moment that he does Yanmega shoots forward and hits the Honchkrow in the stomach with a Quick Attack. Your pokemon is whacked backwards, and while he is righting himself, Yanmega takes the opportunity to vibrate at quite a rapid rate, resulting in a massive Sonic Boom. The attack slams into Yakuza and the Honchkrow is once again whacked backwards. Realising that he wasn't going to be able to easily get up, Yakuza mixes your orders around a bit and instead of using Drill Peck, the Honchkrow glows with Psychic energy. The same energy soon envelopes his opponent, and the bug is thrown into a tree. Jumping up Yakuza continues to attack, his Beak spinning around like a Drill, and dives at Yanmega. It lets out a loud cry as the attack is made supereffective due to its bug-type, before Yakuza soon yields. Royally ****** at the dark/flying type Yanmega springs up and slams into the bird, Powered by Ancient energy. The move does a fair amount of damage due to being supereffective, but Yakuza looks like he still has a lot of energy in him. The bird turns towards you and awaits his next orders.

What will you do?

firewater
12th August 2009, 6:56 PM
Pele's Ruins

firewater: Issuing your next set of orders, Aurora jumps into battle. The Spheal jumps up into the air, opening her mouth as she does so. Pulses of high-pressured Water burst from Aurora's mouth and shoots towards Camerupt. The fire/ground type roars in pain as the water barrages his body, before he charges at Aurora, determined to Take Down the Spheal. Camerupt connects with Aurora and sends her flying backwards, but as she does the water type swings her body around and hits Camerupt with an Aqua Tail. Camerupt lets out a roar before it collapses to the ground, fainted. Level up for Aurora!

"It seems that you are worthy of entering the ruins," say the women in perfect synchronization. "But be warned, these ruins are cursed. You may enter, but you may not return!"

And with that the two women walk backwards and a fog covered them. As quickly as the fog had appears it disappears, the two women gone.

"Well that was different," comments Barry, "Well we should get to exploring these ruins."

As you and Barry walk into the ruins you notice that the ruins look like they will collapse at any moment. Despite this you continue walking, that is until you reach what appears to be a intersection, an old crumbling intersection. Both the ways that you can go, left or right, look exactly the same, but who knows what is on the end of either one.

“Well it appears that we need to make a decision on where we are going,” says Barry, “What way do you want to go?”

What will you do?

Camerupt and Auoura stared off before the two clashed in battle yet again, Auoura's first Water Pulse dealing a huge hit to Camerupt, who enraged tried a Take Down attack. Auoura took a solid hit, but finishes off the camel with an Aqua Tail.

"Excellent job Auoura" David Michael had enough time to say before the two strange women began to speak yet again

"It seems that you are worthy of entering the ruins," say the women in perfect synchronization. "But be warned, these ruins are cursed. You may enter, but you may not return!"

And with that they vanished into a thick fog. Barry seems to shrug before he begins to move into the ruins, and David Michael follows into the ruins, overhearing a comment as he moved on.

"Well that was different," comments Barry, "Well we should get to exploring these ruins."

Regardless the two of them continued walking through the ruins before they ran into an intersection. Looking both ways, David Michael had no idea on where to go until Barry asked the question

“Well it appears that we need to make a decision on where we are going,” says Barry, “What way do you want to go?”

still unsure, David Michael simply shrugs before saying

"Well Barry, i'm not sure but I'm thinking that I'd go to the left. but wherever you want to go is up to you."

Waiting for the response, David Michael prepares to go to the left corridor.

fishyfool
12th August 2009, 8:42 PM
Crystal Resort Jungle

fishyfool: Bursting into action Yakuza opens beak and starts to Screech. The high pitched noise echoes from his mouth and makes its way towards Yanmega and its trainer. The man screamed in pain as he covered his ears and the prehistoric dragonfly starts to erratically move left to right. Soon, however, Yakuza finishes screeching, and the moment that he does Yanmega shoots forward and hits the Honchkrow in the stomach with a Quick Attack. Your pokemon is whacked backwards, and while he is righting himself, Yanmega takes the opportunity to vibrate at quite a rapid rate, resulting in a massive Sonic Boom. The attack slams into Yakuza and the Honchkrow is once again whacked backwards. Realising that he wasn't going to be able to easily get up, Yakuza mixes your orders around a bit and instead of using Drill Peck, the Honchkrow glows with Psychic energy. The same energy soon envelopes his opponent, and the bug is thrown into a tree. Jumping up Yakuza continues to attack, his Beak spinning around like a Drill, and dives at Yanmega. It lets out a loud cry as the attack is made supereffective due to its bug-type, before Yakuza soon yields. Royally ****** at the dark/flying type Yanmega springs up and slams into the bird, Powered by Ancient energy. The move does a fair amount of damage due to being supereffective, but Yakuza looks like he still has a lot of energy in him. The bird turns towards you and awaits his next orders.

What will you do?

The beginning of battle had made it rather clear that the faster Yanmega had a velocitative advantage by delivering the first strike to the Honchkrow, albeit after having its audial systems smashed by the screeching bird. Taking further advantage of things, the bug then proceeded to deliver a sonic boom into Yakuza, knocking the avian back a few feet as Jamie stared hard, and as he watched, he realised that Yanmega could have taken advantage of the situation, except for a bit of unruly behaviour by the Honchkrow. Blitzing with a burst of psychic energy, the dragonfly was knocked back into a tree before being drilled by the beak as Yakuza delivered swift justice, picking on the lowered defensive prowess to give a hefty strike to Yanmega. However, this advantage was scuppered hastily when the pokemon struck forward with ancient power, the effective attack striking quite hard.

Contemplating the common Yanmega movepool, he noted Hypnosis as a possible choice, yet the fact that Yakuza was an insomniac meant that attempts to shut him down with sleep moves would fail miserably. Aside from that, there wasn't much to go on, though from a lack of speed increases, he considered it having Tinted Lens, meaning weaker hits act as neutral as they were.

"Doing good so far, Yakuza. What say we give the foe a bit of a breeze with a whirlwind directed around you, so as to provide a bit of extra lift as well as a slight barrier against physical moves, before taunting him into anger, then follow your insults with a good dose of ice beam love."

PeeGee
16th August 2009, 1:40 AM
Pele's Ruins

firewater: "Well then I guess left it is," says Barry after you say your choice.

The pair of you walk towards the left part of the intersection, with Aurora rolling behind you. Continuing down the path at a steady pace, you start to feel as if someone is watching you. Several times you try to see if anyone is following you and Barry, but the fog is too thick for you to see anything.

"Something just doesn't seem right here, does it?" asks Barry as he too soon starts to feel as if someone was watching him.

You tell Barry that you feel the same and the two of you continue to walk down the path, even though you feel as if something is wrong. Soon however your suspicions are confirmed. You and Barry continue walking for a short while before the ground begins to shake.

"What's going on?" asks Barry as the shaking begins to intensify.

Suddenly the ground in front of Barry explodes and he is blown backwards. As the dust begins to settle you and Barry look at whatever had burst out of the ground and gasp in shock when you see what it was. Climbing out of the hole in the ground is a large Rhyperior, the rocky pokemon glaring at you and Barry.

"I think we might have to fight," says Barry as he unclips a ball on his belt.

He throws the ball at the ground and in a burst of light his pokemon appears. The large feathery water type Pelipper glares at the Rhyperior in front of it, and Barry turns to you.

"Quickly send out your pokemon!" he says.

What will you do?

Crystal Resort Jungle

fishyfool: This time, with Yanmega attacking first, the bug shoots forward, Slashing at Yakuza with its tail. The dark/flying type lets out a shriek of pain as the tail scrapes across his chest, before he starts to flap his wings. The flapping motion quickly creates a Whirlwind, the attack circling around the Honchkrow. Quickly following up the attack Yakuza gives Yanmega Taunt, which the bug easily falls for. Giving a quick roar of rage, Yanmega once again glows with rock power, and charges at Yakuza. Despite the Whirlwind barrier, the Ancient Power seems to have done a number on the Honchkrow, but still the bird continues on. Giving Yanmega a death glare, Yakuza opens his beak and shoots out a large Beam of Ice at his opponent. The Ice Beam slam into Yanmega and forces it into the ground, and it appears to have been knocked out. You are about to congratulate Yakuza on his success, but stop when you hear a Buzzing noise. Realising that it was probably a bad noise you look at Yanmega and see that it is glowing with Bug energy. As the buzzing grows louder, the ground around Yanmega literally explodes as its attack frees it from the ground. You are surprised to see that the bug type is still able to fight, but you do notice that it is panting rather heavily and it seems to be having trouble staying in the air.

What will you do?

firewater
17th August 2009, 7:32 PM
Pele's Ruins

firewater: "Well then I guess left it is," says Barry after you say your choice.

The pair of you walk towards the left part of the intersection, with Aurora rolling behind you. Continuing down the path at a steady pace, you start to feel as if someone is watching you. Several times you try to see if anyone is following you and Barry, but the fog is too thick for you to see anything.

"Something just doesn't seem right here, does it?" asks Barry as he too soon starts to feel as if someone was watching him.

You tell Barry that you feel the same and the two of you continue to walk down the path, even though you feel as if something is wrong. Soon however your suspicions are confirmed. You and Barry continue walking for a short while before the ground begins to shake.

"What's going on?" asks Barry as the shaking begins to intensify.

Suddenly the ground in front of Barry explodes and he is blown backwards. As the dust begins to settle you and Barry look at whatever had burst out of the ground and gasp in shock when you see what it was. Climbing out of the hole in the ground is a large Rhyperior, the rocky pokemon glaring at you and Barry.

"I think we might have to fight," says Barry as he unclips a ball on his belt.

He throws the ball at the ground and in a burst of light his pokemon appears. The large feathery water type Pelipper glares at the Rhyperior in front of it, and Barry turns to you.

"Quickly send out your pokemon!" he says.

What will you do?

David Michael and Barry had started down the selected trail, with the victorious Auorua rolling not far behind. David Michael had the feeling that someone or something was following the three of them, but every time he would look back, the only thing that he appeared to see was Auoura rolling behind himself and Barry.

But this was only because of the deep fog that had appeared behind them. Feeling slightly creeped out, David Michael keeps on going, even noticing that Barry's movements weren't as confident as before, and a quick question seemed to affirm David Michael's thoughts.

"Something just doesn't seem right here, does it?"

Turning to Barry, David Michael simply mutters a quick yes, agreeing with the thoughts, not trying to think about what could be following them in the deep fog behind them. However, as they continued to walk, it appeared that something wasn't going to happen. However, the feeling wouldn't disappear, and the fears were somewhat confirmed as the ground begins to shake heavily

"What's going on?"

Barry asked, confused. But before David Michael could respond, the question answers itself, as the ground right in front of Barry appears to explode or something, and as Barry quickly pulls himself up, the dust and everything clears to reveal a large Rhyperior, who glares at the two of us.

"I think we might have to fight," Barry gasps, but before David Michael could say a word, Barry had plucked a pokeball from his belt, revealing a Pelliper that was ready to go. David Michael turns to Auoura, but noticing that she still looked a bit tired from her earlier battles, he quickly returns her and picks up a brownish pokeball. Holding up the Chocolate ball, David Michael opens it to reveal Paradise, his Exeggcute. Turning to Barry, David Michael tries to calm the situation.

"Barry, let's try and see if we can do this without exhausting our pokemon. if we can avoid fights, that would be a good alternative- I mean, you've already lost one, and we don't know what else we would have to deal with first. Let's try and reason with Rhyperior before we have to get into a pointless fight."

Turning to Paradise, David Michael gives some quick orders.

"Hey Paradise, this may not be the forest, but it's just as er, stunning to say. I want you to watch out while I try to talk to Rhyperior. If it tries anything funny, or attacks fire up a Reflect and knock him back with a Psychic, wrap things up with a Leech Seed.

PeeGee
23rd August 2009, 12:03 PM
Pele's Ruins

firewater: Deciding to try and reason with the Rhyperior before resorting to violence. You walk up to the giant pokemon, it watching you as you walked up to it. You slowly start to talk to Rhyperior, and to your surprise the giant pokemon seems to calm down.

"It's working," mutters Barry in disbelief.

You turn towards Barry, and as you do so you don't notice the beam of electricity shooting towards Rhyperior. The beam hits the rock pokemon, and it begins to roar and thrash about. You spin around in surprise, and before Rhyperior could hit you, Paradise glows with Psychic energy and stops it in its tracks.

"Pelipper help out Paradise!" orders Barry, leaving the bird to do what she wants to.

As your Exeggcute holds back Rhyperior, Pelipper swoops down and opens her beak. Pulses of Water ebb from the bird's beak and slam into the rock pokemon's body. As it falls backwards, Paradise quickly erects a Reflect. Picking itself up Rhyperior lets out a ferocious roar before charging at Pelipper, determined to Take her Down. The bird threw her wings forward, a barrier forming and Protecting her and stopping Rhyperior in its tracks. Paradise jumps and gets ready to shoot out a Leech Seed, but is thrown back when Rhyperior slams a Fiery Punch into the grass type. As Paradise picks herself up, you survey the battle in front of you, and think about what happened to Rhyperior.

What will you do?

fishyfool
23rd August 2009, 9:07 PM
Crystal Resort Jungle

fishyfool: This time, with Yanmega attacking first, the bug shoots forward, Slashing at Yakuza with its tail. The dark/flying type lets out a shriek of pain as the tail scrapes across his chest, before he starts to flap his wings. The flapping motion quickly creates a Whirlwind, the attack circling around the Honchkrow. Quickly following up the attack Yakuza gives Yanmega Taunt, which the bug easily falls for. Giving a quick roar of rage, Yanmega once again glows with rock power, and charges at Yakuza. Despite the Whirlwind barrier, the Ancient Power seems to have done a number on the Honchkrow, but still the bird continues on. Giving Yanmega a death glare, Yakuza opens his beak and shoots out a large Beam of Ice at his opponent. The Ice Beam slam into Yanmega and forces it into the ground, and it appears to have been knocked out. You are about to congratulate Yakuza on his success, but stop when you hear a Buzzing noise. Realising that it was probably a bad noise you look at Yanmega and see that it is glowing with Bug energy. As the buzzing grows louder, the ground around Yanmega literally explodes as its attack frees it from the ground. You are surprised to see that the bug type is still able to fight, but you do notice that it is panting rather heavily and it seems to be having trouble staying in the air.

What will you do?

With the idea of messing with Yanmega's offensive power rather thwarted, the faster bug pretty much cemented the likelihood of Speed Boost as an ability in Jamie's mind as he contemplated the situation: While Yanmega was indeed weakening from the assault, it still had quite some fight left in it while the Honchkrow seemed able for some more action, clear by the bird's ferocity. Staring hard at the insect's trainer, in an attempt to psyche the fool out, Jamie made a quick glance in Jackie's direction, hoping the Aipom was alright as he vowed to finish the battle, not only for her, but for all the pokemon being bullied in the area by Spovelli.

"Yakuza, mess with Yanmega's mind with some psychic force into its head, then while it's reeling swing in with a pair of wing attacks to finish him off."

PeeGee
26th August 2009, 8:55 AM
Crystal Resort Jungle

fishyfool: Vowing to finish the battle you give Yakuza his next set of orders and wait to see what happens. Staring intently at his opponent, Yakuza lets out a cry before he glows with Psychic energy. Yanmega starts to fly erratically as your Honchkrow messes with its mind. ****** off at what Yakuza is doing to it, Yanmega starts an Uproar, the loud wailing hurting Yakuza's ears and forcing him to stop his assault. Letting out a cry of annoyance Yakuza jumps up into the air before diving at Yanmega. He stretches one of his Wings out, ready to Attack. HIs wing collides with Yanmega and the bug is sent to the ground, clearly fainted. Level up for Yakuza

"No!" cries out his trainer as he returns his fallen pokemon. "But I still won't let you pass!"

With that the man reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small handgun! The moment that Yakuza sees this he shoots towards the gunman, hitting him with a Wing Attack. The man is sent flying, and hits his head on a rock when he lands on the ground, clearly unconscious. AS you walk over and disarm the man of his gun, you see that he has a map poking out of his pocket. Upon closer inspection the map seems to have the way to Spovelli's hideout.

What will you do?

firewater
26th August 2009, 4:37 PM
Pele's Ruins

firewater: Deciding to try and reason with the Rhyperior before resorting to violence. You walk up to the giant pokemon, it watching you as you walked up to it. You slowly start to talk to Rhyperior, and to your surprise the giant pokemon seems to calm down.

"It's working," mutters Barry in disbelief.

You turn towards Barry, and as you do so you don't notice the beam of electricity shooting towards Rhyperior. The beam hits the rock pokemon, and it begins to roar and thrash about. You spin around in surprise, and before Rhyperior could hit you, Paradise glows with Psychic energy and stops it in its tracks.

"Pelipper help out Paradise!" orders Barry, leaving the bird to do what she wants to.

As your Exeggcute holds back Rhyperior, Pelipper swoops down and opens her beak. Pulses of Water ebb from the bird's beak and slam into the rock pokemon's body. As it falls backwards, Paradise quickly erects a Reflect. Picking itself up Rhyperior lets out a ferocious roar before charging at Pelipper, determined to Take her Down. The bird threw her wings forward, a barrier forming and Protecting her and stopping Rhyperior in its tracks. Paradise jumps and gets ready to shoot out a Leech Seed, but is thrown back when Rhyperior slams a Fiery Punch into the grass type. As Paradise picks herself up, you survey the battle in front of you, and think about what happened to Rhyperior.

What will you do?
David Michael was in disbelief, but relieved when his calming words and other things appeared to placate Rhyperior enough so that a fight wasn't going to happen. Suddenly, a comment behind David Michael causes him to turn around, as Barry had begun to speak.

"It's working,"

David Michael decides to start grinning... right before he notices that a roar of pain and anger had rushed through the small area, and as he turned around David Michael was very startled to find that Rhyperior was charging right at him. Thankfully, Paradise remembered her orders, and Rhyperior was easily stopped in a Psychic before he could reach him. Then the pokemon battled on, with Pelliper and Paradise using some defense to spare themselves, but it was clear that Paradise took a pretty powerful hit from that fire punch...

"Alright then Exeggcute, we are going to try this calming thing again.I don't care how long it takes, we nearly had that down, and we don't need anymore problems. But at any rate, if Rhyperior charges in again, start by launching a Bubblebeam attack. Wrap things up with an Energy Ball if he doesn't want to listen."

turning to Rhyperior, David Michael begins to talk to him calmly and cooly...

"Ok, Rhyperior, we don't have to do this- we weren't the ones who hurt you and if you can just calm down we could help you..."

fishyfool
31st August 2009, 9:25 PM
Crystal Resort Jungle

fishyfool: Vowing to finish the battle you give Yakuza his next set of orders and wait to see what happens. Staring intently at his opponent, Yakuza lets out a cry before he glows with Psychic energy. Yanmega starts to fly erratically as your Honchkrow messes with its mind. ****** off at what Yakuza is doing to it, Yanmega starts an Uproar, the loud wailing hurting Yakuza's ears and forcing him to stop his assault. Letting out a cry of annoyance Yakuza jumps up into the air before diving at Yanmega. He stretches one of his Wings out, ready to Attack. HIs wing collides with Yanmega and the bug is sent to the ground, clearly fainted. Level up for Yakuza

"No!" cries out his trainer as he returns his fallen pokemon. "But I still won't let you pass!"

With that the man reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small handgun! The moment that Yakuza sees this he shoots towards the gunman, hitting him with a Wing Attack. The man is sent flying, and hits his head on a rock when he lands on the ground, clearly unconscious. AS you walk over and disarm the man of his gun, you see that he has a map poking out of his pocket. Upon closer inspection the map seems to have the way to Spovelli's hideout.

What will you do?

The battle was drawing to a close, and only one side would emerge victorious. With a war cry, Yakuza took a rose tone as his psychic powers came into mind, the souped-up assault on Yanmega's mind causing it to burst into noisy uproar, the harmonic atrocity ceasing Yakuza's neurological battle by messing with his audial ability, and although annoyed, the bird slammed its wing into the bug, putting it out of commission as its trainer gave a cry of defeat, before getting rather angry and pulling out another tool for combat: A common handgun, designed for the shooting of bullets designed to kill things before pointing the barrel at a surprised Jamie. Although his focus was on the trainer, this left Yakuza to use his momentum to swing round and barrel into him, the man being sent flying into a convenient rock with its intent to stun things that hit it head first.

"Nice one, Yakuza," Jamie grinned at the Honchkrow as it shook itself from the battle before nestling beside him, the watching Meteos looking at the man as he imagined the humiliation of the Yanmega. A few seconds of staring at the man to ensure no lasers in his body would carve out messages to him, Jamie disarmed the man, the gun being rendered into scrap metal with a little bit of telekinetic persuasion from the Lunatone as Jamie found a roll of paper. Opening it up as crow and meteorite looked over shoulder, the trainer gave a devious smile as he stared at the map, turning towards Meteos to show him the way to psychically guide him before speaking forth.

"Meteos, you remember where Jackie is? This'd be Spovelli's hideout, and my guess is that she's there. Feel free to consult this map and lead the way, we've some raiding to do."

Treepandaone
7th September 2009, 5:56 PM
Cortoza
The Volcanic Island


The Island
The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

Areas:
Research Lab: A division of Volcanity Inc., this scientific team has set up equipment at several locations across the island in order to study the geological effects of past eruptions on the current environment, as well as to track any current seismic activity. Sometimes they can use some help, so if you offer your services you may be able to take on a job.

Eyes closed in blissful serenity, Matthew reveled in the peaceful severity of the much needed cat-nap, a rope tied to his arm. Rolling over on his side, Matthew stretched, eyes still closed as he rubbed against the rough surface sheet. From squinted eyes he noted the grey colour before shutting his eyes once more, his face lying on its side in a comfortable position. Groaning as he felt the sun against his neck, Matthew decided to slowly get out from bed, the beautiful day obviously coursing him into action. A few seconds in, a million thoughts ran through Matthew’s mind at once.

Wait a minute….. my bed isn’t grey, nor is it rough. And I don’t remember going to bed with a rope on my arm. he thought to himself as he opened one eye carefully, still pretending to be asleep, seeing the golden clouds wiz by at such a pace Oh god, I’ve been captured! They must want me for my old connections in the army. Struggling against the rope, Matthew used one free hand to level his belt, his fingertips dancing frantically between his fingers as his tongue stroked his bottom lip in anticipation. As the subconscious anxiety held him in place for a few seconds, he took a deep breath in preparation.

Bolting upright, Matthew clicked the middle button as a red line emerged from the ball’s center as a rocky giant appeared before him, materializing in mid air as he looked around wide-eyed. Seeing nobody in a hazy vision, Matthew heard the distinct sound of a ‘craw’ and the feel of the carpet began to change. Realizing where he was, Matthew struggled to keep his balance, his feet acting like jelly on the surface as his fingers flicked around for the middle button, the aggressive Rhyperior looking around, trying to make himself as light as possible. As his fingers hit the button, the red beam returned, this time swallowing the Rhyperior whole as he de-materialized in front of Matthew’s eyes, the technical genius of the Pokéball system never failing to amaze him. Sitting down with his legs folded, Matthew found himself to be going back upright, as the gravity returned to normal, steadying as the crimson sun over shone in the background. Leaning forward, Matthew sheepishly apologized to the fossil Pokémon, realizing he was being transported to Cortoza in search of the research lab, the trainer tying rope from his hand onto the Pterodactyl’s wing spike to prevent him falling off, as his cheeks burned a salmon pink with embarrassment.

Wiping a bead of sweat from his face after the ordeal of ‘crashing’ Matthew settled down, being drawn in by the enrapturing stone in his backpack. After a long and tiresome adventure from Talas, Matthew had been trapped in a war with a dead pharaoh who wanted to rule Sobek with an Iron Fist, Matthew’s hatred of dictating tyrants and the use of his friend as a host body enraging the trainer into enlisting a Goddess’ help, the brave spirit sacrificing herself to keep him from returning ever again. Shuddering, Matthew pushed the thought from his mind as he unstrapped the bag’s safety clips at the top, withdrawing said stone as he gazed in amazement at the skull fossil (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=10401636&postcount=234), the woman scientist who gave him the artifact sacrificing her entire life’s work to let him leave with a gift. As his Aerodactyl continued the journey, Matthew remanised about the friends he had made back in Talas, and the offer of returning in a few months when the lab became restored.


***

With his feet firmly on the ground, Matthew took his jumper off to reveal a plain white t-shirt underneath, the rumors of the fire island spreading to having extreme heat. Withdrawing his Aerodactyl for a rest in its pokéball, Matthew set out to find the research laboratory, his blue eyes glancing around the surroundings as he spotted a sign post. As the sign pointed the way to a path, Matthew unhooked another pokéball from his belt as he threw it up in the air with a flick of his wrist, the resulting explosion coming from the Pokéballs release mechanism to reveal his fire-typed Pokémon Magmortar. As Hellion adjusted his cannoned arm, Matthew felt guilty about not taking him to The Lava Pit like he promised, still intending to keep his promise, but only after recruiting another Fossil to his fossilized theme team. Clicking his neck from the long journey, Matthew took one giant step forward before running off down the marked path, giggling hysterically as he thought of the fossil Pokémon, the Magmortar facepalming before following the giddy trainer.

PeeGee
13th September 2009, 3:06 AM
What's this, updates?

Pele's Ruins

Firewater: Deciding to once again try and calm down Rhyperior, you walk towards the behemoth. As you once again try to soothe the pokemon, it calms down, but this time there was no beam of electricity.

"Hey there is no lightning this time," says Barry. "I wonder what happened before?"

As if by magic, a beam of lightning shoots out from the fog around you, but this time Rhyperior jumps backwards and the attack misses the rock/ground type, but instead hits both Paradise and Pelipper. The pair of pokemon each give a short scream of pain before their eyes turn red.

"What's going on here?" asks Barry, horrified at what has happened to the pokemon.

Seeing its opportunity Rhyperior turns and runs away, leaving you and Barry with Pelipper and Paradise. The pair of pokemon start at you before, as if they heard a command, they turn around and run away. You are left dumbfounded as you watch Paradise disappear into the fog, as Barry loses another pokemon to the ruins.

"Quick David," says Barry, "We've got to go after them. Whatever did that to them must be stopped, and we can only find out what did it if we follow them to the source."

Realising that Barry has a point you must decide to follow Paradise or continue into the Ruins.

What will you do?

Crystal Resort Jungle

Fishyfool: Memorizing the map in front of him, Meteos shoots off in the direction to Spovelli's hideout. You run after the rock, but find it a tad bit difficult due to the fact that he is going so fast. Yakuza, on the other hand, is flying with ease overhead, with you silently cursing the Honchkrow on his ability to fly. After an excruciatingly long ten minutes, you find yourself in front of a large grey building. By the way that Meteos is eagerly hovering in front of the building, you can't help but assume that this building is Spovelli's hideout. Walking up to the door you inspect it for any form of alarm, and when you see that there is none, you walk through the door with Meteos and Yakuza following you. Even though there doesn't seem to be anyone in the building, you still remain cautious, because Spovelli wouldn't have done all that for nothing. Soon you reach a large pair of doors, and deciding not to take any chances, you charge at it. When you barge through, you see Spovelli sitting in a leather chair, surrounded by about five grunts. There is a sudden wailing noise and you see that he has Jackie tied up, the little monkey looking slightly beat up.

"Ah, Jamie how nice to see you," says Spovelli, "To bad this will be the last time."

Before you can ask what he means, Spovelli orders his men to attack and they each throw a pokeball into the air. When the balls land they open and a Machoke, Quilava, Breloom, Electrode and Snorunt materlise.

What will you do?

Volcanity Inc Lab

Treepandaone: You happily stroll along the path, excited over the thought of resurrecting your Skull Fossil. With Hellion beside you, the two of you take your time to converse the path, until the loud rumbling of machinery penetrates the air. Hearing the noise, you start to run down the path, Hellion running beside you. You burst from the path to see that the building, in which the laboratory was housed in, was half demolished. You take another look and realise that the mechanical noise was the building being rebuilt, evident by the fact that there was several construction machines working on the building.

"Sorry you aren't allowed here," someone calls out.

You turn around to see that there is a man in a white lab coat walking towards you. The man has short black hair and a pair of black rimmed glasses. It seems that he doesn't want you here, but maybe if you explain to him your problem?

What will you do?

Treepandaone
13th September 2009, 5:52 PM
Volcanity Inc Lab

Treepandaone: You happily stroll along the path, excited over the thought of resurrecting your Skull Fossil. With Hellion beside you, the two of you take your time to converse the path, until the loud rumbling of machinery penetrates the air. Hearing the noise, you start to run down the path, Hellion running beside you. You burst from the path to see that the building, in which the laboratory was housed in, was half demolished. You take another look and realise that the mechanical noise was the building being rebuilt, evident by the fact that there was several construction machines working on the building.

"Sorry you aren't allowed here," someone calls out.

You turn around to see that there is a man in a white lab coat walking towards you. The man has short black hair and a pair of black rimmed glasses. It seems that he doesn't want you here, but maybe if you explain to him your problem?

What will you do?

With a skip in his step, Matthew continued on his journey to resurrect his skull fossil, the precious artifact carried safely on his back, wrapped in the finest protection and stuffed carefully into a single unit of the backpack, the antique weighing it down as he did. Unperturbed by the extra effort he had to place into every step of the journey, Matthew relished the chance of the sunshine beating down on his neck, his Secret Base in the Glacier Islands being his preferred homeland in terms of views and simplicity, but often missing the sunshine. Strolling across the path, Matthew heard Hellion’s footsteps echoed out of pace with his; hearing him lagging five or so paces behind him. Once again getting worked up over the return of another fossil Pokémon being brought into the world, Matthew’s excited mind whirred into work as he held his breath in anticipation, reminiscing about a hard earned fight against an evolved version of the species, unfortunately caressed by evil.

Promising to care and help the Cranidos grow up on the pure side of the force, Matthew felt the burning desire to continue, a noise reaching his ears as he got closer to his destination, the research lab of Cortoza. Hearing it get louder and noisier, Matthew began to run down the path at an excrepid rate, the Magmortar running by his side as he gave a simple thumbs up with encouragement as he clocked the origin of the sound. Figuring it sounded like a loud rumble coming from machinery, Matthew wondered what type of scientific equipment the lab would have, the wonders of science these days fascinating him as he was introduced during his Talas adventure.

Bursting from the path, Matthew’s eyes first laid onto the laboratory building, the housing being half demolished as Matthew’s smile turned into a frown. Taking another look as his jaw gaped open with surprise, Matthew suddenly realized the mechanical devices were in-season for a rebuild, the issue and reason for the rebuilt unbeknown to him. His heart shattering into pieces, Matthew stood, unable to speak or move as his eyes flickered from construction machine to building.

"Sorry you aren't allowed here," someone called out from behind him as he spun round, his face still kept in a serious position as he ran a hand through his darkened hair, the short cut causing no disposition to him as he winced at the news. Seeing the man walk towards him, many thoughts ran through Matthew’s mind. Looking at the man, he noticed a white lab coat, his hopes and prayers riding on the man being able to help, his short hair and black rimmed glasses sticking out as features as Matthew stood dumbfounded, unable to comprehend the severity of the damage. Figuring it was worth trying to explain, Matthew took a deep breath before stammering.

“Errr, hi.” He said, his hand extended as to a handshake, “My name is Matthew Brown and I’m a trainer in need of a research center. I’ve come straight from Talas to resurrect a Skull Fossil after their laboratory has been blown up. Is there any way you can help me?” he pleaded, hoping…

fishyfool
14th September 2009, 3:52 PM
What's this, updates?

Crystal Resort Jungle

Fishyfool: Memorizing the map in front of him, Meteos shoots off in the direction to Spovelli's hideout. You run after the rock, but find it a tad bit difficult due to the fact that he is going so fast. Yakuza, on the other hand, is flying with ease overhead, with you silently cursing the Honchkrow on his ability to fly. After an excruciatingly long ten minutes, you find yourself in front of a large grey building. By the way that Meteos is eagerly hovering in front of the building, you can't help but assume that this building is Spovelli's hideout. Walking up to the door you inspect it for any form of alarm, and when you see that there is none, you walk through the door with Meteos and Yakuza following you. Even though there doesn't seem to be anyone in the building, you still remain cautious, because Spovelli wouldn't have done all that for nothing. Soon you reach a large pair of doors, and deciding not to take any chances, you charge at it. When you barge through, you see Spovelli sitting in a leather chair, surrounded by about five grunts. There is a sudden wailing noise and you see that he has Jackie tied up, the little monkey looking slightly beat up.

"Ah, Jamie how nice to see you," says Spovelli, "To bad this will be the last time."

Before you can ask what he means, Spovelli orders his men to attack and they each throw a pokeball into the air. When the balls land they open and a Machoke, Quilava, Breloom, Electrode and Snorunt materlise.

What will you do?



Wow...this is slightly spartan...

With Meteos studying the map, the psychic rock suddenly makes a beeline towards some direction, Jamie giving pursuit after the floating rock as Yakuza flies overhead, the trainer cursing his lack of wings or latent levitational ability as he trudges through the jungle, his clothes starting to smell of sweat as he reminds himself of why he came here: To relax. Alas, such as the life of a trainer. After a while, he found Meteos again, floating with anticipation at a large grey building, which couldn't be more blatantly obvious if it had a giant neon sign above it displaying 'Hideout' in several obnoxious colours. Examining the door, the lack of any alarm system made Jamie rather hesitant, considering the possibility of a trap, yet with Jackie almost certain to be inside, he nodded to the bird and rock, the trio entering. Eventually, a pair of large doors stood before him, and if there had to be an attack on Spovelli's illegal enterprise, then this was it. Bracing himself, Jamie charged for the door as Yakuza and Meteos prepared to burst into the scene, eyes aglow with energy for assault.

Upon entering, the young man was face to face with Spovelli once more, this time on the man's home turf, alongside five of his flunkies and, tied to a chair, a familiar Aipom looking quite beat up. Clenching his fists and gritting teeth, all he could do was glare with untold anger at the fool who had dared to mess with him or his team.

"Ah, Jamie, how nice to see you," Spovelli opened with the sort of tone used by classic and cliched villains in spy movies, before continuing, "Too bad this will be the last time."

Raising an eyebrow at his words, Jamie's other eyebrow went the same way as the five grunts around him procured balls and released the occupants, the Machoke, Electrode, Breloom, Quilava and Snorunt around him all itching for a fight as Jamie noted the situation: Here he was in a five-versus-two situation, with Jackie's survival and his own at stake, and yet he hadn't planned on any reinforcements in any shape or form. In other words, he was at a fair disadvantage. However, he did have three other pokemon in his team as he plucked two pokeballs from his belt and released the Infernape and Marshtomp within them, Volcape's crowning flame burning harder than ever upon noticing Jackie. However, this was still a four-on-five battle in this case, and as his hand hovered over the deep purple ball, he realised that such situations as this called for desperate measures as he gave the Shadow Ball a gentle fling, releasing Zeugnum, his naturally unruly Zangoose. As the Cat Ferret gazed around idly, his team felt slightly uneasy with the fact that the Shadow pokemon was among them, yet as he stated before, desperate times called for desperate measures.

However, Wraith the Marshtomp was having none of this folly, his team still somehow disadvantaged against the larger numbers as his energy within peaked, his very shape and form changing as he seemed to enlarge as the white glow around him seemed to aid in bolstering morale as a whole, and as the luminescence faded, what was once a Marshtomp had grown into a mighty Swampert, the evolved Wraith giving a roar of power as he and his team stared down the opposition. In spite of this, the foe still were heavily numbered, and each one was to be considered. Machoke and Breloom, being fighting pokemon, would be less than friendly towards Zeugnum, and Quilava was indeed an evolved pokemon, but one who could be handled effectively. Likewise, he knew how fast Electrode were, though the Snorunt was the oddball, being an ice type in a jungle, it wouldn't be the happiest in the area. With an examination finished, he began formulating a plan for the battle. While it was effectively a five versus five encounter, the natural fact that he was potentially outclassed was paramount.

Breloom, being a grass type, could do a number to Wraith, and his fighting point meant that Zeugnum was flawed as well, therefore the mushroom had to go first.

"Guys, this is one battle we can't afford to lose. Volcape, keep Machoke back with a fire spin. Meteos, hold Breloom down with some confusion while Yakuza toasts him with firestream. Wraith, keep Zeugnum under guard while she keeps things in our hands with a shadow panic against Electrode. While this is happening, hit Quilava with a mud bomb."

"After this, keep up the pressure by giving Snorunt a good blaze kick, Volcape, while you push Quilava back more with earth power Meteos. Yakuza, while Breloom is inconvenienced, smack him hard with drill peck, while you, Zeugnum, should use your...naturally scary features to leer at Electrode while Wraith strikes with mud shot."

"Spovelli...how you avoided the authorities and covered your cruel enterprise defies my knowledge, but know this: Your reign of terror here ends now. Everyone, CHARGE!"

firewater
16th September 2009, 5:16 PM
What's this, updates?

Pele's Ruins

Firewater: Deciding to once again try and calm down Rhyperior, you walk towards the behemoth. As you once again try to soothe the pokemon, it calms down, but this time there was no beam of electricity.

"Hey there is no lightning this time," says Barry. "I wonder what happened before?"

As if by magic, a beam of lightning shoots out from the fog around you, but this time Rhyperior jumps backwards and the attack misses the rock/ground type, but instead hits both Paradise and Pelipper. The pair of pokemon each give a short scream of pain before their eyes turn red.

"What's going on here?" asks Barry, horrified at what has happened to the pokemon.

Seeing its opportunity Rhyperior turns and runs away, leaving you and Barry with Pelipper and Paradise. The pair of pokemon start at you before, as if they heard a command, they turn around and run away. You are left dumbfounded as you watch Paradise disappear into the fog, as Barry loses another pokemon to the ruins.

"Quick David," says Barry, "We've got to go after them. Whatever did that to them must be stopped, and we can only find out what did it if we follow them to the source."

Realising that Barry has a point you must decide to follow Paradise or continue into the Ruins.

What will you do?

Well, things went well at first. David Michael sucessfully calmed down the Rhyperior again, but strangely enough, the bolt of lighting had inexplicably not been fired. As it was surprising that Rhyperior had even been affected by it, David Michael decides to cut their losses and continue on as Barry suddenly speaks out.

"Hey there is no lightning this time," says Barry. "I wonder what happened before?"

And just as if some magical words had been uttered, the blast of electricity reappears, except this time, Rhyperior dodges the blast, but Pelliper and Paradise take the hit directly, screeching in pain as their eyes turn red.

"What's going on here?" asks Barry,

David Michael couldn't answer, as shocked as he was that their pokemon had seemed to be posessed by something. As it was- before anything else could be done, Rhyperior, then the two pokemon take the time to flee into the fog, as if they'd been commanded or something. David Michael was a bit shocked at what had just happened, but he knew that he had to get his pokemon back. However, Barry was the first to say something afterwards...

"Quick David," says Barry, "We've got to go after them. Whatever did that to them must be stopped, and we can only find out what did it if we follow them to the source."

"...you think? Well, let's get to catching our pokemon and whatever it is that is posessing them at any rate" David Michael says exasperatedly. "Regardless, it shouldn't be too hard to catch them, in these caves, Exeggcute and Pellipers aren't the fastest of pokemon, so why don't we start running after them."

At that, David Michael begins by running after the two pokemon, hoping that the blast wasn't a permanent affect...

PeeGee
25th September 2009, 2:53 AM
Research Lab

Treepandaone: The man looks at you and considers what you have said. As he thinks, you wait in worry, unsure if your Cranidos would be brought to life soon or much later.

"Well I understand that you wish to resurrect your Skull Fossil," finally says the man, "But unfortunately, there has been a little mishap. Two nights ago someone broke into our lab and stole a key component to our resurrection machine. The part which was stolen scanned the fossilised DNA and used that as the basis for the resurrection. And to make things worse, he managed to blow up half the lab while he was at it."

The man notices that you seem disheartened by the fact that your Skull Fossil is not going to be brought back to life.

"But," starts the man, "We have ordered in a new part. Unfortunately, however, it won't be in for a day or two. But you are welcome to stay in our guest facility until then. By the way my name is Prof Collins."

You feel your heart sink as the professor tells you the news, but before you could tell the prof what you want to do a worker calls out.

"Professor Collins!" the worker calls out, "You might want to come and see this!"

Prof Collins gives a questioning look before he runs over to the worker. It seems that the worker has found something that of importance. Collins looks at whatever it is for a couple of seconds before he motions for you to come over. Quickly rushing over, you see in the ground a small piece of cardboard, a business card to be exact. Picking up the card you read 'You have been burgled by Team Rocket".

"Team Rocket," mutters Prof Collins. "Wait, I saw someone who looked like they were in a Rocket uniform. They were around the beach."

Taking this into consideration you have the choice of staying and waiting for the spare piece to arrive or you can go to the beach and see if there is a Team Rocket grunt anywhere around there.

What will you do?

Spovelli's Hideout

Fishyfool: In a slightly spartan way, your five pokemon charged at their opponents. Volcape jumps forward, opening his mouth and sending a long tendril of fire at Machoke. The Fire Spin constricts around the fighting type, not only burning him, but keeping him in place. Machoke struggles to free himself, but is only able to make a Scary Face at Volcape. The attack makes the Infernape falter, reducing his speed at the same time. Meteos' eyes begin to glow, ready to hold Breloom with a Confusion, but the kangaroo has another idea. The grass type shoots towards the Lunatone at Mach speed, Punching the lunar rock into the wall. Seeing this, Yakuza gives a squawk of fury before he belches out a large Firestream at Breloom. The kangaroo stares at the fire before it is engulfed by the attack, letting out a loud scream of pain as its weakness is exploited. Keeping Zeugnum under his watch, Wraith throws his arms forwards, a Bomb of Mud flies from the pokemon's hands and slams into Quilava. The fire type is sent to the ground, letting out a loud whine as it picked itself. A tad bit ****** at Wraith's actions Quilava starts to cough and, with a loud retching noise, it coughs up a Smoke Screen, the attack surrounding the Swampert. Ignoring what was happening around her, Zeugnum rushes at Electrode, circling the orb and confusing it with her Shadow Panic. Not being able to fully comprehend what is going on around it Electrode sparks with electricity and shoots out a Charge Beam, the attack completely missing all of your pokemon and hitting Snorunt. The ice type cries out in pain as it is shocked by the attack, retaliating by summoning up an Icy Wind. The wind somehow manages to miss all of Snorunt's allies, but hits all of your pokemon.

Forgetting Machoke, Volcape charges at Snorunt, jumping just before he runs into it. He Kicks his Flaming foot down, the fire attack sending Snorunt to the ground, unconscious. Seeing its ally go down, Machoke strains against the fire spin around it, breaking free of the restrains and grabs Volcape. It Tosses the Infernape up into the air with Seismic power, Volcape slamming into the ground with a sickening thud. Meteos turns his attention towards Quilava, before his eyes begin to glow. With a huge explosion the ground beneath the fire type burst with Earth Power, sending Quilava flying. Landing on its feet Quilava opens its mouth and belches out a large Flamethrower at Meteos. The fire engulfs the Lunatone, but actually does very little damage. Next up is Yakuza, the Honchkrow keeping his attention towards Breloom, once again exploiting its weakness by diving at Breloom with a Drill Peck. The grass/fighting type lets out one last cry before it faints. Level up for Yakuza. Zeugnum and Wraith both turn towards Electrode, deciding to attack in synchronization. As Zeugnum Leers at the electric type, Wraith grabs a huge chunk of the ground, squirts water on it to make it Mud and throws it at Electrode. The combination of attacks sends Electrode back, but it still has a lot of energy left. Deciding to take the defensive over the offensive Electrode lets out a ear-splitting Screech. With this round over,

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

Firewater: Deciding on the most obvious choice, you and Barry start to run after your two pokemon. As you run down the path, you can't help but wonder what is going on and if it is a result of the 'curse' of Pele's Ruins. Barry runs beside you, his breathing sounding quite heavy, but he is trying his hardest to keep up. The path seems to never end, going on and on, the end of it never appearing. After what seems to be a century you finally see the path end, as well as Paradise and Pelipper.

"Pelipper!" cries out Barry, running towards his pokemon.

The bird turns towards her trainer and glares at him with red eyes. Barry stops in his tracks and nervously backs up to you.

"They're still that way," says Barry, obviously worried about his pokemon. "Why don't we try and return them?"

You realise that returning them was a good idea and grab Paradise's ball. You and Barry hold out your respective pokeballs and try to return your pokemon. But nothing happens.

"Whatever has control over them must be stopping them from returning," says Barry, "I think we might need to weaken them before we can return them."

Not waiting for an answer Barry plucks his last ball off his belt and throws it into the air. When the ball hits the ground, it opens and releases the pokemon within. A large metal snake emerges from the ball, the Steelix awaiting its orders.

What will you do?

firewater
28th September 2009, 4:07 AM
Pele's Ruins

Firewater: Deciding on the most obvious choice, you and Barry start to run after your two pokemon. As you run down the path, you can't help but wonder what is going on and if it is a result of the 'curse' of Pele's Ruins. Barry runs beside you, his breathing sounding quite heavy, but he is trying his hardest to keep up. The path seems to never end, going on and on, the end of it never appearing. After what seems to be a century you finally see the path end, as well as Paradise and Pelipper.

"Pelipper!" cries out Barry, running towards his pokemon.

The bird turns towards her trainer and glares at him with red eyes. Barry stops in his tracks and nervously backs up to you.

"They're still that way," says Barry, obviously worried about his pokemon. "Why don't we try and return them?"

You realise that returning them was a good idea and grab Paradise's ball. You and Barry hold out your respective pokeballs and try to return your pokemon. But nothing happens.

"Whatever has control over them must be stopping them from returning," says Barry, "I think we might need to weaken them before we can return them."

Not waiting for an answer Barry plucks his last ball off his belt and throws it into the air. When the ball hits the ground, it opens and releases the pokemon within. A large metal snake emerges from the ball, the Steelix awaiting its orders.

What will you do?
It seemed like the passageway would never end, as David Michael and Barry charged after their transformed pokemon. However, while David Michael was alright in running after the pokemon, he couldn't help but listen to Barry's ragged breathing as the chase continued onward in its length, until the two trainers meet up to the end of the passage and their two pokemon.

"Pelipper!"

Barry had excitedly shouted and rushed for his pokemon... but the glare that Pelipper gave him was so chilling that Barry simply backs away from his red-eyed pokemon. Turning to David Michael, Barry comments

"They're still that way," "Why don't we try and return them?"

Listening to the reason, and knowing that it could possibly be the end of the chase, David Michael plucks out Paradise's ball and tries to return her, but notices that it fails miserably. Noticing the same, Barry continues to speak

"Whatever has control over them must be stopping them from returning," says Barry, "I think we might need to weaken them before we can return them."

And before David Michael could comment, a massive Steelix was revealed into the cavern. Noticing that it was yet another double battle in the meaning, David Michael knew he had but two choices to battle with. Knowing them both equally, David Michael simply plucks out a Pokeball and of course releases the one pokemon best for the situation.

"Dart, you're needed again!"

As the Staraptor emerges from its ball, it seemed strange that it was in its new form, but remembering faintly when it did evolve, David Michael was comforted in knowing that perhaps Dart could calm down the possessed Paradise.

"Alright then Dart, something's up with Paradise, something's possessed her or something. I can't explain it, but I think you can. Try and talk to her to snap her out of it, but if she attacks you, stop her in her tracks with a Growl, your intimidate may help that out, and try to smack some sense into her with a Wing Attack, followed by a Tri Attack! But just remember to be careful, she is a friend."

Stepping back, David Michael simply waits to see if Barry would act in the same path, or if he would do something else entirely....

Treepandaone
28th September 2009, 1:35 PM
Research Lab

Treepandaone: The man looks at you and considers what you have said. As he thinks, you wait in worry, unsure if your Cranidos would be brought to life soon or much later.

"Well I understand that you wish to resurrect your Skull Fossil," finally says the man, "But unfortunately, there has been a little mishap. Two nights ago someone broke into our lab and stole a key component to our resurrection machine. The part which was stolen scanned the fossilised DNA and used that as the basis for the resurrection. And to make things worse, he managed to blow up half the lab while he was at it."

The man notices that you seem disheartened by the fact that your Skull Fossil is not going to be brought back to life.

"But," starts the man, "We have ordered in a new part. Unfortunately, however, it won't be in for a day or two. But you are welcome to stay in our guest facility until then. By the way my name is Prof Collins."

You feel your heart sink as the professor tells you the news, but before you could tell the prof what you want to do a worker calls out.

"Professor Collins!" the worker calls out, "You might want to come and see this!"

Prof Collins gives a questioning look before he runs over to the worker. It seems that the worker has found something that of importance. Collins looks at whatever it is for a couple of seconds before he motions for you to come over. Quickly rushing over, you see in the ground a small piece of cardboard, a business card to be exact. Picking up the card you read 'You have been burgled by Team Rocket".

"Team Rocket," mutters Prof Collins. "Wait, I saw someone who looked like they were in a Rocket uniform. They were around the beach."

Taking this into consideration you have the choice of staying and waiting for the spare piece to arrive or you can go to the beach and see if there is a Team Rocket grunt anywhere around there.

What will you do?

Matthew’s eyes glimmered with hope as the man in front of him considered the options. As worry began to settle into Matthew’s mind, he felt the burden of the fossil Pokémon’s resurrection on his shoulders, his desire to show his comrades and friends from Talas how he could raise the Pokémon as his own and return to them to re-assure the troupe their hard work hadn’t gone in vain. As the man weighed up the options, Matthews mind wracked with guilt to be putting the person in such a position, but also wondering if his Cranidos would be coming back to life sooner rather than much later.

"Well I understand that you wish to resurrect your Skull Fossil, but unfortunately, there has been a little mishap. Two nights ago someone broke into our lab and stole a key component to our resurrection machine. The part which was stolen scanned the fossilised DNA and used that as the basis for the resurrection. And to make things worse, he managed to blow up half the lab while he was at it."

Hearing about criminals ransacking the laboratory brought a feeling of hatred to the surface of Matthew’s mind as he began to realize that his skull fossil wasn’t going to be brought back to life because criminals had broken the law and gotten away with it, not to mention destroyed one of the two laboratories not already destroyed on Fizzy Bubbles. Cursing his luck, Matthew felt disheartened as he took a deep breath before exhaling, deciding what he should do next.

"But," the Man started as Matthew’s heart skipped a beat at the prospect of ‘but’, "We have ordered in a new part. Unfortunately, however, it won't be in for a day or two. But you are welcome to stay in our guest facility until then. By the way my name is Prof Collins."

Gulping and smiling at the chance to resurrect his skull fossil, Matthew still felt a little concerned at the wait. Being a naturally impatient and polite person, Matthew gave his thanks for the offer as he tried to work out his next course of action. Before he got down to it, however, another man came running into the picture, looking towards the Professor with a look of urgency on his face.

"Professor Collins! You might want to come and see this!" the worker called as Matthew stood on tiptoes to see what the man was addressing, unable to see as he received a questioning look from the professor. As the two ran over to the object of importance, Matthew stayed where he was in case it was personal and didn’t concern him. After just a few short seconds, he got the call-across from the professor as he got motioned across, running to see what the two were conversing about. Quickly rushing over to the location, Matthew noticed a small piece of cardboard on the ground. Picking it up for closer inspection, Matthew realized it was a business card, commonly used by burglars to create an absence of safety as well as making the burglar comply a feeling of fame and cockiness. Reading the inscription on the front, Matthew gasped in surprise at the words ‘You have been burgled by Team Rocket".

Thoughts of hatred and revenge filled Matthew’s head as he shared a common past with the crime syndicate, them having kept him from going on a journey for so many years. Clutching the rocket ball in his belt, Matthew remembered the chaos of the war where his Rhyhorn’s pokéball was crushed beneath the trampling feet of fighting evil, resulting in Matthew having to use a ball made of evil to house his Pokémon. As fire burned in his eyes, Matthew wanted nothing more than another crack at the rocket forces, the benevolent evil beneath his existence forcing him into a never ending spiral of hate. Clenching his fists into balls, Matthew waited upon the news of the professor, unable to explain his history in such a short time, as well as unwilling, the man wanting to keep his past a secret so it wouldn’t influence others, his own personal vendetta was his and his alone.

“Team Rocket” the professor murmured as Matthew nodded slowly, "Wait, I saw someone who looked like they were in a Rocket uniform. They were around the beach."

Matthew’s eyes suddenly glistened in the sunlight as his head rose with intrigue. With two options, Matthew felt assurance to which he would go for, chasing the rockets and seeing if the grunt was still hanging around the beach area being the preferred method rather than waiting or the spare piece to arrive.

“Excuse me professor, but with directions and your approval, I’d like to chase these rockets and try to get back that stolen artifact you have had stolen from you. Me and the rockets are ‘old friends’ if you will and paying them a visit to snatch back something rightfully belonging to you from the claws of evil would make me happy.”

With magmortar in the same position as him, he nodded to the giant fire type, ready to get revenge should to moment arrive…

fishyfool
28th September 2009, 8:22 PM
Spovelli's Hideout

Fishyfool: In a slightly spartan way, your five pokemon charged at their opponents. Volcape jumps forward, opening his mouth and sending a long tendril of fire at Machoke. The Fire Spin constricts around the fighting type, not only burning him, but keeping him in place. Machoke struggles to free himself, but is only able to make a Scary Face at Volcape. The attack makes the Infernape falter, reducing his speed at the same time. Meteos' eyes begin to glow, ready to hold Breloom with a Confusion, but the kangaroo has another idea. The grass type shoots towards the Lunatone at Mach speed, Punching the lunar rock into the wall. Seeing this, Yakuza gives a squawk of fury before he belches out a large Firestream at Breloom. The kangaroo stares at the fire before it is engulfed by the attack, letting out a loud scream of pain as its weakness is exploited. Keeping Zeugnum under his watch, Wraith throws his arms forwards, a Bomb of Mud flies from the pokemon's hands and slams into Quilava. The fire type is sent to the ground, letting out a loud whine as it picked itself. A tad bit ****** at Wraith's actions Quilava starts to cough and, with a loud retching noise, it coughs up a Smoke Screen, the attack surrounding the Swampert. Ignoring what was happening around her, Zeugnum rushes at Electrode, circling the orb and confusing it with her Shadow Panic. Not being able to fully comprehend what is going on around it Electrode sparks with electricity and shoots out a Charge Beam, the attack completely missing all of your pokemon and hitting Snorunt. The ice type cries out in pain as it is shocked by the attack, retaliating by summoning up an Icy Wind. The wind somehow manages to miss all of Snorunt's allies, but hits all of your pokemon.

Forgetting Machoke, Volcape charges at Snorunt, jumping just before he runs into it. He Kicks his Flaming foot down, the fire attack sending Snorunt to the ground, unconscious. Seeing its ally go down, Machoke strains against the fire spin around it, breaking free of the restrains and grabs Volcape. It Tosses the Infernape up into the air with Seismic power, Volcape slamming into the ground with a sickening thud. Meteos turns his attention towards Quilava, before his eyes begin to glow. With a huge explosion the ground beneath the fire type burst with Earth Power, sending Quilava flying. Landing on its feet Quilava opens its mouth and belches out a large Flamethrower at Meteos. The fire engulfs the Lunatone, but actually does very little damage. Next up is Yakuza, the Honchkrow keeping his attention towards Breloom, once again exploiting its weakness by diving at Breloom with a Drill Peck. The grass/fighting type lets out one last cry before it faints. Level up for Yakuza. Zeugnum and Wraith both turn towards Electrode, deciding to attack in synchronization. As Zeugnum Leers at the electric type, Wraith grabs a huge chunk of the ground, squirts water on it to make it Mud and throws it at Electrode. The combination of attacks sends Electrode back, but it still has a lot of energy left. Deciding to take the defensive over the offensive Electrode lets out a ear-splitting Screech. With this round over,

What will you do?



The tension in the air was evident, just before the war actually began, Volcape's fire spin containing the Machoke as it gave a vicious leer, the fire type faltering at the situation as Meteos and Yakuza focused on Breloom, the mushroom socking the Lunatone into the wall with a surprisingly fast punch, only to get roasted by fizzy bubbles of fire from the enraged Homchkrow. While Wraith contended with Quilava, the fire type obscuring his vision with a smokescreen after being slammed with mud, Zeugnum ignored the general consensus to Jamie's slight bemusement before Electrode zapped his ally Snorunt with how own attack, the surprised snow cone bursting a cold wind through the room and while Volcape shrugged it off with his natural typing and Meteos and Wraith braved the cold, the trainer noticed Yakuza's shivering in pain as well as irritation as the cold sapped his stamina.

Continuing the onslaught, Volcape turned to the smaller Snorunt and proceeded to bring a flaming foot on top of it, the ice type standing no chance as its endurance melted away, the current situation giving him the numerical advantage. However, Volcape's victory there was short-lived as Machoke pushed through the flaming spiral, the fighter showing scorch marks, before tossing the Infernape into the air, the chimp landing heavily as he groaned in pain. After the futility of that attack on Breloom, Meteos instead turned towards Quilava, blasting the ground beneath it with volcanic power as the earth seemed to explode beneath it, knocking it into the air, but also giving it athe natural ideology of spewing a flamethrower towards the floating moon, doing very little to the psychic type as slight memories of the first battle Jamie had against him, back in the tomb, floated, but were dispelled as Yakuza struck down the Breloom with a painful drill peck, a weight off his shoulders as he realised that with Breloom down, Wraith had the greater advantage in this situation, his natural eyesight not finding the screen of smoke as disturbing as the mud in water as he spat a lump of mud into his hand before tossing it at Electrode, the orb pinned by the Shadow Zangoose' leer. Upon contact, the ball gave a loud screech that had Jamie holding his head from the sound, his mind already confined to the current objective.

"Volcape, you okay there?" He called to the Infernape as the monkey stood, shaking the stinging pain from him off after being thrown for a loop. "Good. Show some care for Machoke by smacking him where it hurts with a thunderpunch. Meteos, shove Quilava back with a burst of confusion while Yakuza blows him away with a dark pulse. Wraith, grab that Electrode and lob him into the wall with a superpowered throw, while Zeugnum keeps Machoke stalled with a shadow hold. Afterwards, Zeugnum, hop onto Wraith's back, while you lift Volcape with your psychic powers Yakuza. Once you're airborne, chill Machoke out with an ice beam Volcape, while Wraith shakes the place up with an earthquake assault. If everything goes as planned, you shouldn't take much, if any, damage from the strike, Zeugnum, so batter Electrode with an ice punch while Meteos throws some rocks at Quilava. Let's end this scuffle!"

PeeGee
9th October 2009, 12:32 PM
Pele's Ruins

Firewater: Once again bringing out Dart, except this time he is no longer a Staravia but a Staraptor, you give him a quick order to try and reason with Paradise. The giant bird flaps towards the Exeggcute, speaking in series of chirps that Paradise seems to understand, but Pelipper lets out a large squawk and shoots a Pulse of Water at Dart. The Staraptor dodges the attack, but Paradise takes the opportunity to spark with electrical energy, firing off a Thunder Wave. Dart lets out a small squawk of pain as the electricity crackles through his body, leaving him paralyzed but also leaving Paradise with no electrical energy left. Dart turns towards his fellow team mate and let out a loud Growl, which is enhanced by the Intimdating look that Dart is giving Paradise and Pelipper.

"Go on Steelix!" shouts out Barry, "Help Dart by using Rock Tomb on Pelipper then use Rock Polish to speed yourself up and finish off with a Dragonbreath!"

The giant steel snake nods his head before he burrows into the ground. The ground begins to shake as Steelix makes his way to Pelipper, the bird staring at the ground in curiosity. The curiosity soon turns into panic as Steelix bursts out of the ground and circles around the hapless bird. A large Sand Tomb forms around Pelipper, effectively trapping the bird in a mound of sand. Seeing her trapped comrade, Paradise lets out a battle cry as she spits a Beam of high-powered Bubbles out of her mouth and at Steelix. The steel snake lets out a loud cry of pain as the bubbles burst against his skin, before he suddenly shines, a result of his Rock Polish. Not wasting any time, Dart spreads his wings and charges towards Paradise. The egg pokemon doesn't stand a chance as she is sent flying backwards, not knocked out but very weakened. Taking the opportunity, you quickly grab Paradise's pokeball and return her.

"Good job," says Barry, "Now we have to focus on Pelipper."

You nod your head, as the tomb around Pelipper explodes, a result of Pelipper's Hydro Pump. Both Steelix and Dart look at Pelipper before they shoot their attacks at her, Dart using Tri-Attack and Steelix using his Dragonbreath. Needless to say Barry was easily able to return Pelipper.

“Finally we got them back,” says Barry, “But what caused that to happen?"

Before you can say anything, you hear loud chanting start up. It seems to be coming from further on in the ruins.

What will you do?

Research Island

Treepandaone: With Hellion following you, you make your way to the beach. On your way, the sound of someone yelling penetrates the air.

"What do you mean you only took one part!"

It takes you less than a second to realise that its Team Rocket. You start to run towards the beach now, but suddenly stop when you hear a loud bang. The noise echoes through the air, scaring off various flying type pokemon in the process. There is a loud thump before the yelling continues.

"Alright people, lets get this crap on board!"

You continue to the beach, but walking at a slow pace this time. Pushing back a bit of brush, you see that there is not only one member of Team Rocket, but about twelve members of Team Rocket, and one very still Rocket on the ground. They appear to be loading large crates on a boat which is on the beach. Hellion himself takes a peak at the beach and immediately stares at the body of the Team Rocket member. He looks back at you and points at the body. Perhaps if you were too take the uniform, you could stow away on the boat? But that would also raise the question of how you would get the body away from the Rockets. You're suddenly snapped back to reality when the leader of the group shouts out again.

"Okay minions, we are leaving in ten minutes. Be on board and ready or you will be left behind!"

It seems that you don't have very long to decide what to do.

What will you do?

Spovelli's Hideout

Fishyfool: Giving your pokemon their next set of orders, they jump into attack. Volcape draws his arm backwards, his fist sparking with electricity, and Punches Machoke in the face with the power of Thunder. Machoke is sent flying backwards, the fighting type slamming into Meteos as it did so. Grunting as it and Meteos collided with the wall, Machoke wasted no time in grabbing the Lunatone. Machoke brought his arm down, Cross Chopping Meteos' rocky body. The rock type let out a loud cry of pain as he lost consciousness. Returning Meteos, you look back at the battle in front of you, the carnage continuing. With Meteos down Yakuza has rethink his strategy, which isn't too hard for the Honchkrow, demonstrated when he opens his beak and shoots a Pulse of Dark energy at Quilava. The attack envelopes Quilava before it explodes, leaving Quilava very weakened. The fire type lifts its head up, opens its mouth again, and a large Flamethrower bursts from its mouth. The fire heads towards Yakuza, but, to everyone's surprise, Electrode flies in front of the flamethrower. You turn your head to see a very smug looking Wraith, who had used his Superpower to throw Electrode into Quilava's attack. When the fire subsides you see that Electrode has fainted. Level up for Wraith. Zeugnum jumps at Machoke and glows dark purple before initiating her Shadow Hold on the fighting type. Machoke attempts to fight the restraints against it, but finds itself being lifted into the air as Volcape jumps onto its before a Beam of Ice slams into it. The attack quickly sends Machoke into unconsciousness. As Zeugnum jumps on your Swampert's back Quilava starts to cower. Wraith takes no notice of this as he slams his feet into the ground creating an Earthquake. Quilava lets out a loud squeal of pain before it falls to the ground unconscious.

The henchmen let out gasps of shock as they recall their pokemon.

"Now settle down gentlemen," says Spovelli, "No matter what happens I still have a bargaining tool."

The boss points towards the tied up Jackie, who was desperately trying to free herself. You hear a feral growling noise, and as you turn towards the source of the noise, a purple blur shoots forwards and slashes the ropes surrounding Jackie. The Aipom lets out a cheer of relief as she runs over to you.

"No, this isn't what was meant to happen!" cries out Spovelli as he gives you a death stare. "That's it! You've brought this upon yourself"

He unclips three balls off a previously hidden belt and throws them to the ground. In a large burst of light three forms materialise, revealing a Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp.

What will you do?

fishyfool
10th October 2009, 11:40 PM
Spovelli's Hideout

Fishyfool: Giving your pokemon their next set of orders, they jump into attack. Volcape draws his arm backwards, his fist sparking with electricity, and Punches Machoke in the face with the power of Thunder. Machoke is sent flying backwards, the fighting type slamming into Meteos as it did so. Grunting as it and Meteos collided with the wall, Machoke wasted no time in grabbing the Lunatone. Machoke brought his arm down, Cross Chopping Meteos' rocky body. The rock type let out a loud cry of pain as he lost consciousness. Returning Meteos, you look back at the battle in front of you, the carnage continuing. With Meteos down Yakuza has rethink his strategy, which isn't too hard for the Honchkrow, demonstrated when he opens his beak and shoots a Pulse of Dark energy at Quilava. The attack envelopes Quilava before it explodes, leaving Quilava very weakened. The fire type lifts its head up, opens its mouth again, and a large Flamethrower bursts from its mouth. The fire heads towards Yakuza, but, to everyone's surprise, Electrode flies in front of the flamethrower. You turn your head to see a very smug looking Wraith, who had used his Superpower to throw Electrode into Quilava's attack. When the fire subsides you see that Electrode has fainted. Level up for Wraith. Zeugnum jumps at Machoke and glows dark purple before initiating her Shadow Hold on the fighting type. Machoke attempts to fight the restraints against it, but finds itself being lifted into the air as Volcape jumps onto its before a Beam of Ice slams into it. The attack quickly sends Machoke into unconsciousness. As Zeugnum jumps on your Swampert's back Quilava starts to cower. Wraith takes no notice of this as he slams his feet into the ground creating an Earthquake. Quilava lets out a loud squeal of pain before it falls to the ground unconscious.

The henchmen let out gasps of shock as they recall their pokemon.

"Now settle down gentlemen," says Spovelli, "No matter what happens I still have a bargaining tool."

The boss points towards the tied up Jackie, who was desperately trying to free herself. You hear a feral growling noise, and as you turn towards the source of the noise, a purple blur shoots forwards and slashes the ropes surrounding Jackie. The Aipom lets out a cheer of relief as she runs over to you.

"No, this isn't what was meant to happen!" cries out Spovelli as he gives you a death stare. "That's it! You've brought this upon yourself"

He unclips three balls off a previously hidden belt and throws them to the ground. In a large burst of light three forms materialise, revealing a Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp.

What will you do?

With the numerical situation at five against three in his favour, Jamie felt much more renewed as he ordered the charge against the remaining grunt and their team. Volcape, seeking revenge against Machoke, lunges with a thunderpunch, knocking the fighter flying, unfortunately into Meteos as the Lunatone was suddenly sandwiched between a rock and a hard place, before Machoke turned round and delivered a hefty cross chop, taking the moon out, much to Jamie's disgruntlement as he withdrew the fallen pokemon with an apology. Spurred on by vengeance, Yakuza launched a pulse of darkness into Quilava, severely injuring it as it retaliated with a sudden flamethrower, the torrent of fire prepared to scorch the crow before a sudden large orb intercepted the fire, the smug Swampert responsible for the act as Quilava realises what it just did, the defeated Electrode no longer grinning. Following up the surprise, Zeugnum kept Machoke under wraps wih some freaky voodoo nastiness that could only be her Shadow Hold technique, the immobile Machoke having no chance against what seemed to be the remainder of what little ice energy Volcape had within him, the beam taking it out. Finding itself surrounded by four angry pokemon, the Zangoose hopping onto Wraith's back as he raised his forearms, it whimpered before the tectonic smash sent it flying beyond the limit, the canine defeated to the shock of the men as Jamie grinned with a scheming frown.

"Now, I believe we've won, so-" he started only for Spovelli to interrupt him, and at the mention of a bargaining tool, Jamie's teeth grit as he realised exactly what he meant as Jackie tried in vain to remove the ropes holding her down. Glaring, Jamie could only watch as his mind tried in vain to think of a plan to get her out of there. While he sorely wanted to clobber the living daylights out of Spovelli for daring to cross him, a feral growl caught his attention as the sudden purple blur darted forward, Zeugnum's natural Zangoose instinct, as well as the shadow pokemon phenomenom acting as the ropes suddenly fell apart with a slashing, the Aipom giving a cheer of relief as she scampered with haste away from the scary man into Jamie's arms, the youth holding her in an embrace, only for the fool responsible for this ordeal breaking the mood.

"That's it! You've brought this upon yourself!"

As Jamie noticed the death glare the man was giving him, the room suddenly filled with a harsh light as he shielded his vision before the sudden tension in the room led him to lower his arm, which followed with a jaw drop as he looked at the three pokemon before him. One was a large orange dragon, another was a dragon as well, this one looking much more fearsome, while the third seemed to be a groundborne dragon with silly-looking pods on its head. The fact that all three were fully evolved meant a certain air of major danger ahead of him. However, Jamie knew dragons all too well to know they had fear of cryogenic conditions, which was a bonus. Looking again, the bulkiest was certainly the Garchomp, having fewer weaknesses than the Dragonite or Salamence. Nevertheless the situation was dire, considering that Meteos was down and out, and of his remaining team, the four before had been weakened...blatantly a tactic to defeat him, using lackeys before eliminating with his powerhouses. However, the situation was also clear that a numerical advantage was in hand for him as he surmised a battle plan.

"Jackie..." he whispered to the Aipom before noticing the hard leer the chimp was giving towards the foe, and as the Aipom hopped out of his arms, he felt that if she really wished to fight, then she would have her wish. "Right, everyone, this is it. We're taking these wyrms down, and it isn't gonna be easy. Wraith, you focus on that Garchomp. Hit him with ice beam, he won't enjoy that much. Volcape, keep by Jackie for Salamence, and fake out the red-winged one before Jackie chucks some sand in his face in an attack. Yakuza, work with Zeugnum against Dragonite for a start, using your avian skills to keep him flustered with a featherdance while Zeugnum smacks his gut with a quick ice punch. Afterwards, lob Garchomp into Salamence with a seismic toss, Wraith. When that dragon goes towards the other, get away from him until the hit each other, then bathe both in a fire spin Volcape. Jackie, you should then turn towards Dragonite, working with Yakuza and Zeugnum to defeat him. Deliver a close-range screech to Dragonite's face, Yakuza, while Zeugnum and Jackie scratch him up some while he's distracted. Let's do this!"

Treepandaone
11th October 2009, 5:06 PM
Research Island

Treepandaone: With Hellion following you, you make your way to the beach. On your way, the sound of someone yelling penetrates the air.

"What do you mean you only took one part!"

It takes you less than a second to realise that its Team Rocket. You start to run towards the beach now, but suddenly stop when you hear a loud bang. The noise echoes through the air, scaring off various flying type pokemon in the process. There is a loud thump before the yelling continues.

"Alright people, lets get this crap on board!"

You continue to the beach, but walking at a slow pace this time. Pushing back a bit of brush, you see that there is not only one member of Team Rocket, but about twelve members of Team Rocket, and one very still Rocket on the ground. They appear to be loading large crates on a boat which is on the beach. Hellion himself takes a peak at the beach and immediately stares at the body of the Team Rocket member. He looks back at you and points at the body. Perhaps if you were too take the uniform, you could stow away on the boat? But that would also raise the question of how you would get the body away from the Rockets. You're suddenly snapped back to reality when the leader of the group shouts out again.

"Okay minions, we are leaving in ten minutes. Be on board and ready or you will be left behind!"

It seems that you don't have very long to decide what to do.

What will you do?

With thunderous footsteps echoing behind him, Matthew’s mind wandered with the rhymatic thumping coming from behind, the all-too familiar footsteps of his giant fire type asserting his prowess with each colossal bang on the floor, sending ripples of sound and vibration through the ground, as it almost lulled its trainer into a sleep.

"What do you mean you only took one part!"

A voice suddenly took Matthew away from the moment, there was to be no sleeping on the job if he was to save his Skull Fossil, nor was there to be any lolly-gagging. Speeding up with the accertanty that the voices behind the shouting were indeed that of the crime indicate of Team Rocket, Matthew’s pace began to accelerate as fast as his legs could take them. With no real time establishing the aggression in the shouting, Matthew’s feet began to come in contact with the sand that flowed from the beach. As the thudding of footsteps began a small crunch of granules compacting beneath his feet, Matthew stopped with a very sudden bang.

Had he been spotted? Had he been shot before he had even got there? Gulping, and with eyebrows raised high, Matthew closed his eyes as his fingertips touched the surface of his clothes, hoping not to find the barren red blood he had seen so much of in the Army, needlessly spilt over feuds far from this world and over martial possessions such as money. Luck shone over him as no liquid material was to be found. Opening his eyes once more, he looked down to confirm the solution to his fears, he had not been shot. Taking a quick glace over to the Magmortar, Matthew breathed a sigh of relief he was also OK. It was one thing to shoot him, but another to shoot those he had loved and considered friends.

With yet another sigh of relief becoming from his throat, Matthew continued down the beach, this time, more cautiously as the birds above him recoiled from the shot, scattering in fear of their life. Crouching down for a better feel of the landscape, Matthew heard a loud thump connect, feeling the vibrations in fingers like he had been taught in the army. Unsure of what the thump was, but with a pretty good idea, Matthew let out a small breath before signaling to his Pokémon, everything he had learnt in the Army being tested, he being a frequent user of hand signals to lower the chances of being spotted, and heighten the chances of a stealthy plan.

With footsteps slowed to a minimum of a pace, Matthew could feel the tension in the air as he continued his assault, pushing past a brush to see into the clearing. Cursing his luck, Matthew found not one, but twelve members of Team Rocket, far more than he would ever imagine taking on at any one time. Looking down, Matthew’s suspicions were confirmed with one still body lying on the ground. As his blue eyes scanned the surroundings, Matthew saw the grunts loading up crates onto a boat ahead of him. Leaning down so Hellion could take a look; Matthew saw where the Magmortar was coming from with a few simple points. If his plan was to steal the body of the rocket to take his uniform, his alibi could stow away on the boat in plain view, with nobody any the wiser. With a plan to test his entire skills as a member of the Army, Matthew’s thoughts became interrupted by the shouting of the leader.

"Okay minions, we are leaving in ten minutes. Be on board and ready or you will be left behind!"

With not much time to decide, Matthew quickly turned to Magmortar to relay his plans.

“Ok Hellion, this is our time. Start by causing a distracting Earthquake. Then, I want you to use your speed to grab the body and return it to me. The earthquake should be enough to distract them, not damaging the ship will be their main priority, or loading unsettled boxes. If you get seen, avoid danger with Safeguard and keep running. If they chase you, don’t be afraid to use a few Flamethrowers. I know you can do it, and it shouldn’t go down without a hitch, but we’re always prepared. If we get separated, I’ll be waiting here, but we only have 10 minutes. Good luck my friend.”

With that, Matthew gave a complimentary thumbs up to the fire-type, ready to put his plan into action.

firewater
14th October 2009, 4:10 AM
Pele's Ruins

Firewater: Once again bringing out Dart, except this time he is no longer a Staravia but a Staraptor, you give him a quick order to try and reason with Paradise. The giant bird flaps towards the Exeggcute, speaking in series of chirps that Paradise seems to understand, but Pelipper lets out a large squawk and shoots a Pulse of Water at Dart. The Staraptor dodges the attack, but Paradise takes the opportunity to spark with electrical energy, firing off a Thunder Wave. Dart lets out a small squawk of pain as the electricity crackles through his body, leaving him paralyzed but also leaving Paradise with no electrical energy left. Dart turns towards his fellow team mate and let out a loud Growl, which is enhanced by the Intimdating look that Dart is giving Paradise and Pelipper.

"Go on Steelix!" shouts out Barry, "Help Dart by using Rock Tomb on Pelipper then use Rock Polish to speed yourself up and finish off with a Dragonbreath!"

The giant steel snake nods his head before he burrows into the ground. The ground begins to shake as Steelix makes his way to Pelipper, the bird staring at the ground in curiosity. The curiosity soon turns into panic as Steelix bursts out of the ground and circles around the hapless bird. A large Sand Tomb forms around Pelipper, effectively trapping the bird in a mound of sand. Seeing her trapped comrade, Paradise lets out a battle cry as she spits a Beam of high-powered Bubbles out of her mouth and at Steelix. The steel snake lets out a loud cry of pain as the bubbles burst against his skin, before he suddenly shines, a result of his Rock Polish. Not wasting any time, Dart spreads his wings and charges towards Paradise. The egg pokemon doesn't stand a chance as she is sent flying backwards, not knocked out but very weakened. Taking the opportunity, you quickly grab Paradise's pokeball and return her.

"Good job," says Barry, "Now we have to focus on Pelipper."

You nod your head, as the tomb around Pelipper explodes, a result of Pelipper's Hydro Pump. Both Steelix and Dart look at Pelipper before they shoot their attacks at her, Dart using Tri-Attack and Steelix using his Dragonbreath. Needless to say Barry was easily able to return Pelipper.

“Finally we got them back,” says Barry, “But what caused that to happen?"

Before you can say anything, you hear loud chanting start up. It seems to be coming from further on in the ruins.

What will you do?

Everything worked out to a point. As Dart had begun to reason with the mind-controlled Paradise, Pelliper had smacked it with a Water Pulse. After that, a short struggle had begun as the two began to retaliate, Paradise with Thunder Waving Dart, before itself and Pelliper were frozen by Dart's abilities of intimidation. Meanwhile, Barry's Steelix had gotten in there, easily trapping Pelliper in a Sand Tomb as Dart quickly knocks Paradise into reality with a Wing Attack, after Paradise had struck Steelix with a Bubblebeam. David Michael takes the time to return her, and grins at Barry's comment

"Good job," says Barry, "Now we have to focus on Pelipper."

As the Sand Tomb explodes, thanks to Pelliper's Hydro Pump. Neither Dart or Steelix allowed Pelliper time to attack again, and as Barry returns it with relief in his voice he asks a quick question.

“Finally we got them back,” says Barry, “But what caused that to happen?"

David Michael could only shrug before a strange chanting begins to ring softly through the ruins. Only able to assume that the chanting was from something deeper within the Ruins, David Michael quickly talks to Barry as he opens Paradise's Pokeball, before spraying Potion and Paralyze Heals (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=93728&postcount=221) on both Dart and Paradise.

"I don't know what that voice is coming from, but I think that the voice is what caused our pokemon to go crazy just now. I'm thinking that the best thing is to go down there and try to find what's going on. Keep your pokemon in their balls because we don't know what's going on Barry, but still keep them on hand just to be safe."

after healing and returning the two, David Michael begins walking towards the noise that he was hearing...

PeeGee
19th October 2009, 8:14 AM
Spovelli's Hideout

Fishyfool: With the final battle under way you give your pokemon their orders and hope for the best. Wraith starts off by opening his mouth and shooting an Ice Beam at Garchomp. The dragon/ground type lets out a scream of pain as the beam slams into his side, but turns his attention towards Wraith as he does so. Garchomp Slashes at the Swampert, leaving a long red cut down his right arm. Next up is Volcape, who jumps up at Salamence and slaps its face, effectively Faking it Out. While the dragon flinches, Jackie somehow manages to grab some Sand off the ground, and Attacks Salamence by throwing the sand in its eyes. Giving a caw, Yakuza flies around Dragonite's head a couple of times, the Featherdance lowering the giant dragon's attack. Obviously annoyed by the attack Dragonite's left hand crackles with electrical energy before it gave the Honchkrow a quick Thunder Punch to the face. Due to being weakened in the battle before, Yakuza is overwhelmed by the electricity and falls unconscious. Not even noticing that her companion has fallen Zeugnum charges at Dragonite, and delivers a hefty Ice Punch to the dragon's stomach. Dragonite lets out a gasp of pain as the attack does moderate damage to him, but nowhere near enough to knock him out.

Continuing into the second round of the battle Wraith wraps his arms around Garchomp's waist, and with Seismic power, Tosses it into Salamence. As the two dragons turn towards Wraith, preparing to attack, Volcape creates a ball of Fire in his hands. He then proceeds to throw the ball, which Spins around Garchomp and Salamence, creating a large snake of fire which traps the pair. As the two other dragons use Dragon Claw to break out of the fire spin, Dragonite faces Jackie and Zeugnum. The Aipom and Zangoose leap into the air, and both Scratch at their opponent. Dragonite lets out a roar of rage, before it shoots out a large Wave of Thunder. Jackie manages to jump out of the way of the Thunder Wave, but Zeugnum gets caught in the attack and becomes paralyzed.

What will you do?

Research Island

Treepandaone: Nodding his head Hellion gets straight to work. He starts off by slamming his fists into the ground, creating an Earthquake. As the earth shakes, the Magmortar bursts out of the bushes and grabs hold of the body by the leg. As he drags it back into the bushes, the Rockets merely stare at him before they return to their duties. Returning back to you, Hellion looks shocked at the fact that the Rockets didn't care that their comrade's dead body had been dragged off by a seemingly random pokemon. But regardless of this fact, you take off the rocket's uniform, which you hoped would fit you.

"Okay people, five minutes!"

Hearing that the Rockets are going to leave soon, you quickly put on the uniform. Taking a quick glance, you notice that the sleeves and pants are a tad bit too long, but there isn't any time to complain about that. As the line of Rockets start to board the ship, you quickly return Hellion and jump on the end of the line. By some sort of luck the head Rocket doesn't notice that you don't belong in the line. Finally on board the ship, you look around for anything that might be the part taken from the Lab. There doesn't look to be anything in the room, but there are three doorways, one leading left, one leading straight forward and one leading to the right.

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

Firewater: After healing Paradise and Dart and returning them, you warn Barry that may be in his best interest to return his pokemon too. As he did so, the pair of you slowly creep over to the chanting.

"Elep Krad!"

The chanting grows louder and louder as you get closer and closer, until it it's so loud that you can't think yourself think. A couple more steps and you see a group of tribesmen circled around a fire. As your foot kicks a rock the chanting stops and the tribesmen look at you and Barry.

"It is you!" they cry out, pointing at Barry.

As you are about to ask Barry what they meant, the man starts ti convulse.

"He is coming!" cries the tribesman who seems to be the chief.

"Elep Krad!"

The chanting starts up again as Barry convulsions grow more and more violent. He starts to scream, and the chanting gets louder. You take a couple of steps backwards, and before you run away Barry stops screaming and the chanting stops. The man turns towards you, and as he does, his skin begins to turn dark purple and a pair of horns burst from his forehead.

"Surprised?" he mockingly asks in a deep voice before 'Barry' starts to rant. "I am he who is counterpart, the one who was born into this world doomed to fail. But know the time has come for me to take my rightful place, and to banish that infernal Pele to what was once my prison!"

As 'Barry' rants something clicks in your head. 'Elep Krad' was 'Dark Pele' spelt backwards! Remembering that you are here, Dark Pele turns towards.

"Now what to do with you?" he asks himself. "I feel like playing a game. I know that you are a competent battler, so that would be no fun. I know! I have a series of tasks that I wish for you to do, that is, if you wish to live. So what do you say, interested?"

What will you do?

Treepandaone
21st October 2009, 11:01 AM
Research Island

Treepandaone: Nodding his head Hellion gets straight to work. He starts off by slamming his fists into the ground, creating an Earthquake. As the earth shakes, the Magmortar bursts out of the bushes and grabs hold of the body by the leg. As he drags it back into the bushes, the Rockets merely stare at him before they return to their duties. Returning back to you, Hellion looks shocked at the fact that the Rockets didn't care that their comrade's dead body had been dragged off by a seemingly random pokemon. But regardless of this fact, you take off the rocket's uniform, which you hoped would fit you.

"Okay people, five minutes!"

Hearing that the Rockets are going to leave soon, you quickly put on the uniform. Taking a quick glance, you notice that the sleeves and pants are a tad bit too long, but there isn't any time to complain about that. As the line of Rockets start to board the ship, you quickly return Hellion and jump on the end of the line. By some sort of luck the head Rocket doesn't notice that you don't belong in the line. Finally on board the ship, you look around for anything that might be the part taken from the Lab. There doesn't look to be anything in the room, but there are three doorways, one leading left, one leading straight forward and one leading to the right.

What will you do?

With tender eyes scanning the scene for any changes in behavior, Matthew quickly set his eyes on the lying corpse of the rocket. Seeing the body’s location, Matthew shuddered as he distinguished the implementations of using the outfit had it been blood stained, a sure fire give away had he wanted to use it to infiltrate the proprietors lair via the ship laid out ahead of him. Cautiously peering out between the bushes, his bright blue eyes watched and waited, using all the techniques he had in his arsenal to study the rockets, given the timeframe he had to do, one minute was enough. With lady luck pressing against him to make a move, Matthew studied the rough movements, location and attitude of the rockets, his cover was to be blown wide open had he not learnt his rightful place in the rocket line-up.

Breathing his heaviest breaths, Matthew in took what could have potentially been his last flares of freedom as he glimpsed at the surroundings, turning to his Magmortar as he gave the orders. Jerking his head to face the fire type, Matthew watched as is heavy cannoned arms balled into fists, punching the ground as he squatted down, unwilling to ruin the work done with the plan by falling over through the bushes. As the vibrations rocked through the earth, Hellion nodded his giant head, his work deemed successful with the earth shaking from beneath Matthew’s feet. With the first part of the plan underway, Matthew saw Magmortar burst from the bushes, moving himself out of the way so he wouldn’t be spotted. With Magmortar bursting from the bushes and grabbing the body by the leg, Matthew was surprised to see the rest of the Rockets merely stare at him.

Placing one thumb on his chin, Matthew stroked the stubble upon his face, trying to figure out what the game-plan would be should anything happen, but for nothing to, was far beyond his expectations. Having to shrug the fact that the Rockets got back to their duties despite seeing their own comrade dragged off by a Magmortar, Matthew saw Hellion clear the bushes back to their original position, looking as shocked as he at the rocket behavior. Dragging the body closer to him, Matthew shuddered as he stole the rocket uniform, unable to comprehend the thieving of a dead man’s property, despite them being enemies of the highest degree.

"Okay people, five minutes!"

Hurrying himself to put on the uniform as he prayed it would fit, Matthew shoved the uniform over his head as his arms got pushed through the sleeves. With time chasing him down, Matthew ignored the fact the uniform was slightly too big for him, the sleeves and pants being slightly too long. Standing up, ready to move, Matthew quickly tried to scrunch up the pant legs and sleeves at the top, trying to make it less inconspicuous. Withdrawing his Magmortar back to his pokéball, Matthew clicked the holding center back onto his belt, before running to join the rest of the rockets. As the line began to move in an army fashion, Matthew jumped on the end of the line as he walked past the Head Rocket, keeping a close eye on any changes on movements. Holding his breath in and praying as he walked past, Matthew suddenly noticed that luck had carried him through, the rocket not noticing he had not fit in with the rest. Finally on board of the ship, Matthew frantically looked around for the part taken from the lab. Noticing that nothing looked like it would be a close enough fit in the room, Matthew saw three doorways ahead of him; one to the left, one to the right and one straight forward. His head shaking from side to side as he considered his options, Matthew finally decided on the right door.

Right is …. Well right? I hope he thought to himself as he headed for the door…

firewater
21st October 2009, 6:59 PM
Pele's Ruins

Firewater: After healing Paradise and Dart and returning them, you warn Barry that may be in his best interest to return his pokemon too. As he did so, the pair of you slowly creep over to the chanting.

"Elep Krad!"

The chanting grows louder and louder as you get closer and closer, until it it's so loud that you can't think yourself think. A couple more steps and you see a group of tribesmen circled around a fire. As your foot kicks a rock the chanting stops and the tribesmen look at you and Barry.

"It is you!" they cry out, pointing at Barry.

As you are about to ask Barry what they meant, the man starts ti convulse.

"He is coming!" cries the tribesman who seems to be the chief.

"Elep Krad!"

The chanting starts up again as Barry convulsions grow more and more violent. He starts to scream, and the chanting gets louder. You take a couple of steps backwards, and before you run away Barry stops screaming and the chanting stops. The man turns towards you, and as he does, his skin begins to turn dark purple and a pair of horns burst from his forehead.

"Surprised?" he mockingly asks in a deep voice before 'Barry' starts to rant. "I am he who is counterpart, the one who was born into this world doomed to fail. But know the time has come for me to take my rightful place, and to banish that infernal Pele to what was once my prison!"

As 'Barry' rants something clicks in your head. 'Elep Krad' was 'Dark Pele' spelt backwards! Remembering that you are here, Dark Pele turns towards.

"Now what to do with you?" he asks himself. "I feel like playing a game. I know that you are a competent battler, so that would be no fun. I know! I have a series of tasks that I wish for you to do, that is, if you wish to live. So what do you say, interested?"

What will you do?

Everything had seemed to fall apart as David Michael remembered the whole situation. After their pokemon had been returned, He and Barry had continued down the pathway, and eventually began to hear some strange chanting from somewhere ahead in the passage...

"Elep Krad!"

Regardless, curiously the two had continued on, as the chanting grew so loud that neither one could hear themselves think, as the chant seemed to get louder and angrier with each changing second. Eventually, David Michael finds a small tribe chanting over a fire, and it was only because of a nudged rock that the two, (Barry and David Michael) were discovered.

"It is you!" they cry out, pointing at Barry.

Confused, David Michael turns to ask Barry what was going on, but the man suddenly collapses...

"He is coming!" cries the tribesman who seems to be the chief.

"Elep Krad!"

Everything seemed to go wrong from there, as the tribe continued to chant, and Barry's convulsions continued to get worse and worse, it seemed to be a no win situation, and David Michael was edging towards the cave mouth, when Barry stopped moving, and his skin turned purple, as horns grow out of his head. Suddenly, he begins to speak.

"Surprised?" he mockingly asks in a deep voice before 'Barry' starts to rant. "I am he who is counterpart, the one who was born into this world doomed to fail. But know the time has come for me to take my rightful place, and to banish that infernal Pele to what was once my prison!"

During this strange rant, it became clear what the villagers had been chanting... and apparently, Dark Pele was either Barry, or had possesed Barry. At any rate, David Michael knew that it would more than likely be safer for he to escape then... but then Barry seemed to remember him, and had begun to speak...

"Now what to do with you?" he asks himself. "I feel like playing a game. I know that you are a competent battler, so that would be no fun. I know! I have a series of tasks that I wish for you to do, that is, if you wish to live. So what do you say, interested?"

Honestly, David Michael wasn't, but seeing what had just happened made him realize that something bad could come from this, and from there it was clear that he didn't have a choice in the matter. So irratatedly he simply replies to the request.

"Hmmm... seeing as I doubt I have a choice, though I'd prefer the generic battling route, I guess I have no reason but to agree to your challenges...."

waiting for the response, David Michael quickly gropes for a pokeball...

fishyfool
25th October 2009, 12:04 AM
Spovelli's Hideout

Fishyfool: With the final battle under way you give your pokemon their orders and hope for the best. Wraith starts off by opening his mouth and shooting an Ice Beam at Garchomp. The dragon/ground type lets out a scream of pain as the beam slams into his side, but turns his attention towards Wraith as he does so. Garchomp Slashes at the Swampert, leaving a long red cut down his right arm. Next up is Volcape, who jumps up at Salamence and slaps its face, effectively Faking it Out. While the dragon flinches, Jackie somehow manages to grab some Sand off the ground, and Attacks Salamence by throwing the sand in its eyes. Giving a caw, Yakuza flies around Dragonite's head a couple of times, the Featherdance lowering the giant dragon's attack. Obviously annoyed by the attack Dragonite's left hand crackles with electrical energy before it gave the Honchkrow a quick Thunder Punch to the face. Due to being weakened in the battle before, Yakuza is overwhelmed by the electricity and falls unconscious. Not even noticing that her companion has fallen Zeugnum charges at Dragonite, and delivers a hefty Ice Punch to the dragon's stomach. Dragonite lets out a gasp of pain as the attack does moderate damage to him, but nowhere near enough to knock him out.

Continuing into the second round of the battle Wraith wraps his arms around Garchomp's waist, and with Seismic power, Tosses it into Salamence. As the two dragons turn towards Wraith, preparing to attack, Volcape creates a ball of Fire in his hands. He then proceeds to throw the ball, which Spins around Garchomp and Salamence, creating a large snake of fire which traps the pair. As the two other dragons use Dragon Claw to break out of the fire spin, Dragonite faces Jackie and Zeugnum. The Aipom and Zangoose leap into the air, and both Scratch at their opponent. Dragonite lets out a roar of rage, before it shoots out a large Wave of Thunder. Jackie manages to jump out of the way of the Thunder Wave, but Zeugnum gets caught in the attack and becomes paralyzed.

What will you do?



As the final showdown with a dangerous adversary started, Jamie watched with some concern as Garchomp's retaliatory slash at Wraith drew a deep red scar along the Swampert's arm, the mud fish growling at the pain, while Volcape went for a happy slapping spree, smacking the Salamence in the face before the dragon got his eyes full of sand that came from seemingly nowhere, just as Yakuza's dancing with feathers and subsequent battling from before became too much as the Dragonite slugged him with a thunderpunch, taking him out much to the trainers' chargrin, just as the oblivious Zangoose threw her own elemental punch into the belly of the beast, the dragon gasping. Grabbing and lobbing Garchomp into the Salamence, Jamie could only curse silently as the dragons escaped from the Fire Spin with their Dragon Claws, obviously well-trained and very dangerous. As Zeugnum and Jackie scratched at the Dragonite, disaster struck as the slight advantage Jamie had was smashed with Zeugnum becoming paralysed by the thunder wave the Dragonite had available, turning the battle from a 3 versus 5 to a 3 versus 3, with one of those being less than able for standard combat as Jamie started to panic slightly.

Subject is not to panic under extreme pressure.

The very vague thought from a blip in his brain, a small hiccup, and the trainer regained composure, wondering as to the source of that little nugget of randomness. Had he forgot about something that he just remembered about, or was there something entirely different going on? As he thought harder, he suddenly remembered the small pouch of Sacred Ash he possessed, a mystical and incredibly rare item that had the power to turn a crushing defeat into another try at victory, one which he would conserve only for the most dire of situations. This wasn't one of them, not yet at least, and hopefully not at all.

"We'll have to go all-out here if we're winning. Volcape, work with Wraith on taking Dragonite down, he seems weakest right now. Wraith, hit Dragonite with a good Mega Punch while Volcape expends his remaining ice energy in an ice beam at the dragon from his position. Jackie, while it seems scary, and while they do appear powerful, don't be scared, and astonish Salamence with a sudden hit. Zeugnum, try and get by your paralysis to help Jackie out of there after her attack with a quick attack, slapping Salamence while you haul her away from them once she's done."

"If all goes well, that Dragonite should be down, in which case feel free to buffet Garchomp with a blizzard Wraith, and then get in close with some close combat while the dragon's shivering, Volcape. Jackie, if things go well and you evade major harm, feel free to keep Salamence guessing with a sand-attack, if you feel able Zeugnum, lend a ice punching hand as well. Careful out there, you guys..."

PeeGee
27th October 2009, 3:55 AM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Deciding on taking the right door, you quickly walk over to it. Slowly pushing the door open, you take a quick glance inside to see if it's empty. To your relief there isn't anyone in the room and you quickly duck into the room. Taking in your surroundings, you quickly discover that you have managed to get into the ship's kitchen. Another quick glance around reveals that there is nothing of use around you. Moving on you are about to push through the next door when you hear noises from behind the door. Pushing the door ever so slightly open you put your head at the gap and listen in to a conversation that a couple of Grunts are having.

"Dear God this stuff is heavy," moans one of the Rockets.

"Well be glad that we don't have to carry the part from the restoration machine," says the other Rocket.

"Yeah," agrees the first Rocket. "Hey where did they put that?"

The second Rocket was about to answer when you felt your feet slip on the lacquered wooden flooring. You swear under you breath as you fall against the door, effectively opening it and falling in front of the two Grunts. They stare at you for a couple of seconds before they realise that you aren't actually a Rocket.

"Hey kid, who are you?" asks one of the Rockets.

"And more importantly, what are we going to do with you?" mockingly asks the second Rocket.

"Oh, I know the perfect thing to do," says the first Rocket, grasping a ball clipped onto his belt. "Go Raticate!"

The rat bursts out of its pokeball, along with another one sent out by the other Rocket. It seems that you might have gotten yourself into a little bit of a pickle.

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

Firewater: With not much choice in the matter you agree to Dark Pele's offer, gripping one of your pokeballs as you do so.

"Well that's fun now isn't it?" cries the dark god.

And with that he snaps his fingers together and the pair of you disappear in two puffs of smoke. You reappear a moment later on a platform that seems to be suspended in a midair, hovering over what appeared to be a swirling vortex. As you look around in confusion, Dark Pele appears in a large puff of smoke, except he is now a giant.

"So you accepted my challenge," says the giant god, "For your first task you must work against your weaknesses and defeat what I have prepared for you!"

As you ponder about what he could mean, Dark Pele snaps his finger yet again and in a burst of electrical energy a Magneton appears, floating in front of you. It lets out a couple of monotone buzzes before shooting out several bolts of lightning at you. You throw up your arms up, bracing yourself for the attack, but when after a moment passes, you realise nothing has happened. The electricity was hovering in front of you, being stopped by Dark Pele.

"Well, come on and send out a pokemon who must face its weaknesses to fight Magneton," says the god, starting to get irritated.

It appears that you must figure out what Dark Pele means by a pokemon which must face its weaknesses to defeat Magneton.

What will you do?

Spovelli's Hideout

Fishyfool: Giving your pokemon another set of orders, they spring right into action. Wraith pounces at Dragonite, with his arm starting to glow white. As the large dragon turned towards its current opposition it was hit in the face by Wraith's Mega Punch. As Dragonite recoils from the attack, Volcape musters up all of his remaining ice energy to summon up an Ice Beam. The beam slams into Dragonite's stomach, and the dragon lets out a loud cry before it falls to the ground with a massive THUMP.Level Up for Volcape. You let out a cheer of delight as Dragonite is returned by Spovelli, but quickly focus on the battle again. Realising that its battle partner is down, Salamence turns towards Volcape, and lowers its head. As it charges at your Infernape, the dragon's head begins to glow purple. Turning around, Volcape is met with a Zen Headbutt, courtesy of Salamence. The power of the psychic headbutt is nearly too much, but he just manages to keep consciousness. Next up is Jackie, the Aipom jumping up at Salamcence and slapping it in the face with her tail, Astonishing it. Zeugnum tries to help out Jackie after her attack, but the Shadow Zangoose's body sparks with electricity, the paralysis kicking in. Seeing an open target Garchomp jumps at Zeugnum and Slashes at her. She is sent flying backwards by the attack, but it seems that it has temporarily knocked her out of her paralysis.

Continuing the battle, Wraith throws up his arms and manages to summon a giant Blizzard from seemingly nowhere and sends it towards Garchomp. The ground dragon is buffeted by the ice and it succumbs to the icy attack.Level up for Wraith With his target now gone, Volcape charges at Salamence, hitting it hard with a Close Combat. The dragon snarls before it swats the fire/fighting type away with a Dragon Claw. Jackie grabs a handful of Sand that is somehow on the ground and Attacks Salamence by throwing it into its eyes. As is flails around, Zeugnum jumps up at the dragon and delivers an Ice Punch to its face. Salamence lets out a loud cry before it collapses into an unconscious heap. Level up for Jackie and Zeugnum

"No!" screams Spovelii, "I won't lose like this!"

With that he pulls his shirt open to reveal that he has a bomb strapped to his chest!

"Ha ha ha," maniacally laughs Spovelli, "I won't take you with me!"

And with that he presses the detonator button, and you start to run like heck. You and your pokemon just manage to get out of the building when BOOM! The building in enveloped by a massive ball of fire, effectively destroying everything in it. You let out a deep sigh, with Spovelli gone you have done your job. As you go to leave, you notice that there is a box that had been left out in the forest. Upon closer inspection it you see that it contains a Rocket Ball and Silk Scarf, which you promptly take (Wasn't like Spovelli would be needing it anytime soon). After that you decide to set off for home.

Upon replying to this update you are free to leave Cortoza and to add a Rocket Ball and Silk Scarf to your Regi. It was fun updating you and hope you have fun in all of your future adventures,

fishyfool
27th October 2009, 2:54 PM
Spovelli's Hideout

Fishyfool: Giving your pokemon another set of orders, they spring right into action. Wraith pounces at Dragonite, with his arm starting to glow white. As the large dragon turned towards its current opposition it was hit in the face by Wraith's Mega Punch. As Dragonite recoils from the attack, Volcape musters up all of his remaining ice energy to summon up an Ice Beam. The beam slams into Dragonite's stomach, and the dragon lets out a loud cry before it falls to the ground with a massive THUMP.Level Up for Volcape. You let out a cheer of delight as Dragonite is returned by Spovelli, but quickly focus on the battle again. Realising that its battle partner is down, Salamence turns towards Volcape, and lowers its head. As it charges at your Infernape, the dragon's head begins to glow purple. Turning around, Volcape is met with a Zen Headbutt, courtesy of Salamence. The power of the psychic headbutt is nearly too much, but he just manages to keep consciousness. Next up is Jackie, the Aipom jumping up at Salamcence and slapping it in the face with her tail, Astonishing it. Zeugnum tries to help out Jackie after her attack, but the Shadow Zangoose's body sparks with electricity, the paralysis kicking in. Seeing an open target Garchomp jumps at Zeugnum and Slashes at her. She is sent flying backwards by the attack, but it seems that it has temporarily knocked her out of her paralysis.

Continuing the battle, Wraith throws up his arms and manages to summon a giant Blizzard from seemingly nowhere and sends it towards Garchomp. The ground dragon is buffeted by the ice and it succumbs to the icy attack.Level up for Wraith With his target now gone, Volcape charges at Salamence, hitting it hard with a Close Combat. The dragon snarls before it swats the fire/fighting type away with a Dragon Claw. Jackie grabs a handful of Sand that is somehow on the ground and Attacks Salamence by throwing it into its eyes. As is flails around, Zeugnum jumps up at the dragon and delivers an Ice Punch to its face. Salamence lets out a loud cry before it collapses into an unconscious heap. Level up for Jackie and Zeugnum

"No!" screams Spovelii, "I won't lose like this!"

With that he pulls his shirt open to reveal that he has a bomb strapped to his chest!

"Ha ha ha," maniacally laughs Spovelli, "I won't take you with me!"

And with that he presses the detonator button, and you start to run like heck. You and your pokemon just manage to get out of the building when BOOM! The building in enveloped by a massive ball of fire, effectively destroying everything in it. You let out a deep sigh, with Spovelli gone you have done your job. As you go to leave, you notice that there is a box that had been left out in the forest. Upon closer inspection it you see that it contains a Rocket Ball and Silk Scarf, which you promptly take (Wasn't like Spovelli would be needing it anytime soon). After that you decide to set off for home.

Upon replying to this update you are free to leave Cortoza and to add a Rocket Ball and Silk Scarf to your Regi. It was fun updating you and hope you have fun in all of your future adventures,

The young man's personal aim of punishing Spovelli for his dark-hearted ideas of enterprise before him, the orders given, Jamie's pokemon began their assault against the dragons once more. While Volcape focused his remaining cryogenic powers, Wraith lumbered with surprising speed to the Dragonite before smacking it hard in the face, the wyrm reeling before Volcape's Ice Beam finished the fight on hand, the pokemon giving a loud roar before collapsing onto the ground, dust settling as the defeated beast was returned, and for a second Jamie forgot he was in a life-or-death situation, giving an arm pump before composing himself after a roll of red eyes from Zeugnum. As Jackie stared at the larger blue dragon, the axewing beast's head tinted violet with psychic powers, she could only yelp as Volcape was taken aback from the headbutt, sent sprawling, yet still active, though barely as Jamie gave a slight growl at the smack. Angered at this treatemnt of her friend, Jackie hopped up and slapped the monster in the chops in an astonishing display of anger, the Salamence taken by surprise as Zeugnum charged with incredible speed towards it, ready to rip its throat out!

Or would, were the paralysis plaguing her absent as Jamie watched the plan backfire painfully as the Garchomp gave a powerful slash, sending the lighter mongoose flying as she crashed to the ground, finally rather angry as Jamie felt the room chill as her purple hair stood on end with a hiss, the paralysis dissipating just as Wraith unleashed further stashes of icy energy in a howling blizzard, the frigid assault overloading the bipedal reptile's body as it collapsed, leaving only one foe left, the Salamence. Although weakened, Volcape followed orders for one final attack, mauling the grounded dragon with close combat, kicking and punching with his own special fighting technique as Zeugnum watched with slight interest at the feral ownage, just as the Dragon Claw swat him away, the monkey crashing to thr ground, perhaps a bit too pained to continue fighting. As the distraction was formed, Jamie gave a grin as Jackie threw more sand into the Salamence's face, the dragon flailing as Zeugnum opted to one-up the Infernape by leaping onto its head and shoving her frozen fist straight down the dragon's throat, through the nose. Hopping off, Zeugnum brushed her hand as the mighty dragon fell in defeat, Jamie nodding at the victory before turning to the man responsible for this whole ordeal. Siccing pokemon on wild ones for the pleasure. Enslaving and mercilessly beating the captives. Kidnapping and messing with Jamie's pokemon...yes, the man would pay for this.

"I won't lose like this!"

At that sound Jamie glared towards Spovelli as he recalled his last fallen dragon before pulling his shirt open to reveal a blinking device, one which immediately set alarm bells ringing in the trainer's mind: Explosive incendiary device of impending destruction and doom, otherwise known as a bomb. Cackling crazily, Spovelli made a declaration of him not taking Jamie with him, the trainer acklnowledging this fact as he turned for the door, pointing his team towards it as well as the four of them took it to heart.

"I wasn't planning on staying around, anyways," Jamie remarked before bolting for the door, the crazed laugh of the man's voice in his head as the detonator was pushed. As the four of them ran, Zeugnum making greater progress while Volcape trailed slightly due to previous injury, Jamie dived through the door into the light, the rest of his pokemon having made it as well, with Volcape resting painfully on the ground, an enormous explosion temporarily deafened him, nothing but silence and great heat from behind him all he knew before being blown onto the ground, trembling from the blast. A few seconds later, rising from the dirt, the five of them looked around, Zeugnum seemingly chortling at the flaming ball that was once the hideout, as though to request they do it again. Panting, Jamie gave a sigh, justice unduly served, although he'd have preferred it without so much explosive power and perhaps more corporal thrashings before handing over to authorities, but such was fate. Staring at the fire, and with the battle over, it was then that Jackie pointed towards a small box near the base, seemingly hidden in the undergrowth. Opening it, Jamie realised the contents of the box consisted of a silk scarf, noted for powering up normal type attacks, as well as something which pretty much answered whatever questions the trainer had in mind as to why Spovelli would do these atrocities: A Rocket Ball.

"I don't think Spovelli would need these anymore, guys...who'd have thought he'd be part of the rockets, though?"

With a tide of blank looks, Jamie smirked before pocketing the items, remembering the very course of the time he had spent there, from saving Jackie from Spovelli's Ambipom, and taking the youthful monkey under his own wing, to the laser-guided threats in wild pokemon and the Aipom's kidnapping and subsequent rescue, as well as the showdown itself against Spovelli, ending in a fiery blast and a new and more exciting future for her. 'Well, so much for a relaxing time, that...' Jamie thought before turning to his team.

"Let's get out of here. I'd imagine an explosion like that'd bring the authorities in like flies to a cake, and I'd hate to get involved there. Besides, we've had adventure enough here, we might as well head elsewhere, eh?"

A chorus of cheers and a quick search for a way out, the five of them left the area, Jamie remembering the very thought of heading to the resort for some R&R before noting that the trainer's life is never one of relaxation, only adventure.

Picking up this Rocket Ball and Silk Scarf, obliged. Thanks for the adventure and capture opportunity, it's been fun and one will perhaps return here in the future.

firewater
27th October 2009, 5:31 PM
Pele's Ruins

Firewater: With not much choice in the matter you agree to Dark Pele's offer, gripping one of your pokeballs as you do so.

"Well that's fun now isn't it?" cries the dark god.

And with that he snaps his fingers together and the pair of you disappear in two puffs of smoke. You reappear a moment later on a platform that seems to be suspended in a midair, hovering over what appeared to be a swirling vortex. As you look around in confusion, Dark Pele appears in a large puff of smoke, except he is now a giant.

"So you accepted my challenge," says the giant god, "For your first task you must work against your weaknesses and defeat what I have prepared for you!"

As you ponder about what he could mean, Dark Pele snaps his finger yet again and in a burst of electrical energy a Magneton appears, floating in front of you. It lets out a couple of monotone buzzes before shooting out several bolts of lightning at you. You throw up your arms up, bracing yourself for the attack, but when after a moment passes, you realise nothing has happened. The electricity was hovering in front of you, being stopped by Dark Pele.

"Well, come on and send out a pokemon who must face its weaknesses to fight Magneton," says the god, starting to get irritated.

It appears that you must figure out what Dark Pele means by a pokemon which must face its weaknesses to defeat Magneton.

What will you do?
David Michael could only grimace as he stared the evil god in the face, After agreeing to its challenge, he steadies himself for whatever was going to happen, but Dark Pele simply grinned, mutters something

"Well that's fun now isn't it?"

and snapped his fingers. Suddenly, the two of them had vanished in puffs of smoke, and had reappeared on a massive area. It appeared that we were floating over some vortex, but while David Michael had stayed the same, Dark Pele was now a giant. Still, confused with everything, David Michael decides to just wait and see what he was supposed to do.

"So you accepted my challenge," says the giant god, "For your first task you must work against your weaknesses and defeat what I have prepared for you!"

David Michael silently nods in agreement, before a Magneton just appears out of nowhere, and sparks up a bit. Regardless, David Michael had been shocked, not literally, but nearly as the Magneton launched an attack at him, but it was stopped by some barrier. David Michael thought for a few seconds, but was interupted...

"Well, come on and send out a pokemon who must face its weaknesses to fight Magneton," says the god, starting to get irritated.

"Hold on, give me a second" David Michael retorted.

He then started to think...

"Facing Weaknesses"

in that case, he knew that that brought the entire idea down to two pokemon in his arsenal, though with Aurora's two different types, Water and Ice... waith, Magneton was Electric/Steel, and since Ice is weak to Steel... he had his answer. Grinning, David Michael pulls out Aurora's pokeball, and releasing the Spheal, gives some orders.

"I can't really explain this, but just know that you've got to keep sharp. Start off with a Water Pulse, followed by a Powder Snow, and then with an Aqua Tail to finish. This is going to be tough, but I know that you'll get the job done Aurora. And don't lose faith."

David Michael felt kind of bad for his Spheal, as it appeared to have a look of confusion on its face, but it shakes it off and prepares itself for battle as he watches out for any tricks. Thinking of that, David Michael calls out to Dark Pele.

"Hey, so other than you being a god and stuff, this is going to be a fair challenge, right?"

Treepandaone
28th October 2009, 12:36 AM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Deciding on taking the right door, you quickly walk over to it. Slowly pushing the door open, you take a quick glance inside to see if it's empty. To your relief there isn't anyone in the room and you quickly duck into the room. Taking in your surroundings, you quickly discover that you have managed to get into the ship's kitchen. Another quick glance around reveals that there is nothing of use around you. Moving on you are about to push through the next door when you hear noises from behind the door. Pushing the door ever so slightly open you put your head at the gap and listen in to a conversation that a couple of Grunts are having.

"Dear God this stuff is heavy," moans one of the Rockets.

"Well be glad that we don't have to carry the part from the restoration machine," says the other Rocket.

"Yeah," agrees the first Rocket. "Hey where did they put that?"

The second Rocket was about to answer when you felt your feet slip on the lacquered wooden flooring. You swear under you breath as you fall against the door, effectively opening it and falling in front of the two Grunts. They stare at you for a couple of seconds before they realise that you aren't actually a Rocket.

"Hey kid, who are you?" asks one of the Rockets.

"And more importantly, what are we going to do with you?" mockingly asks the second Rocket.

"Oh, I know the perfect thing to do," says the first Rocket, grasping a ball clipped onto his belt. "Go Raticate!"

The rat bursts out of its pokeball, along with another one sent out by the other Rocket. It seems that you might have gotten yourself into a little bit of a pickle.

What will you do?

Awesome updates Pika. I couldn't help but to add my own rocket motto ;P. That'll teach them!

Taking the right door in hopes and aspirations of finding the missing piece of the parts needed to resurrect his precious fossilized Cranidos, Matthew quickly walked over to it, trying to avoid arousing suspicion from the other rockets, following many a legends in the art of stealth with quick glances over his shoulder to check for incoming rocket members and keeping his ears aloft and open in ase he was to hear any voices which may lead to his capture. Finding it somewhat easy to cross the border without getting seen, Matthew thanked his lucky stars on the inquisition leading opportunity of getting aboard the boat.

Placing one hand on the push-door, Matthew applied minimal pressure in hope of leaning it ajar and checking out the surroundings. Poking his head around, Matthew breathed a sigh of relief as he found it to be uninhabited before ducking into the empty room. Tweaking his head as he looked around, Matthew found himself in the boats kitchen as he wondered around, looking for any items of interest to him. Seeing none; he began heading for the door to lead into another room. Suddenly confronted by noises, Matthew propped the door as he heard two grunts conversing about something. With his ears on fire from eavesdropping, Matthew set about finding any relevant information from the unsuspecting rocket members.

"Dear God this stuff is heavy," one rocket moaned as Matthew held in a s******, the thought of manual labour was funny when he didn’t have to do it, and as certain as he could be; the uncomforting of a rocket was music to his ears.

"Well be glad that we don't have to carry the part from the restoration machine” another one explained as Matthew stroked his chin. How big is this part? he wondered as he began thinking of how he would get it back to the scientists.

"Yeah, Hey where did they put that?"

As Matthew gulped as he was about to learn the location of the item he seeked, Matthew felt his foot slip on the lacquered floor. Swearing under his breath as he fell, Matthew foresaw the coming events with much pain. Falling at a footslip before the grunts, Matthew saw the door propped up before face-palming. Seeing the grunts stare at him for a few seconds, Matthew began to think of a cover story before the looks on their faces changed to one of knowledge as they realized he wasn’t one of them.

"Hey kid, who are you?" one of the Rockets asked as he stammered for an answer.

"And more importantly, what are we going to do with you?" the other rocket openly mocked.

"Oh, I know the perfect thing to do," said the rocket as Matthew feared the worst, but as the rockets unclipped a pokéball he saw a Raticate appear before him. Looking up, the second rocket also sent out a Raticate as Matthew’s face held a smile, the grin sickly stretching from side to side.

Prepare for trouble? You’ve got that right,
Make it double, I’m out for a fight,
I’m infiltrating Team Rocket to cause devastation,
Getting back to glory and hope for every nation,
I fight for the morals of truth and love,
You had better watch out because I’m a cut above,
Matthew,
Shinx,
Magmortar,
Don’t try to battle me because you’ll surely lose the fight,
But try your best and prove you’re not shite.

He mocked the motto before producing two Pokéballs of his own, one a red discoloration with a flame decorated on the top while the other branded the usual red colour. As he stood firm and pointed towards the battle, he released the Pokéballs into the air with a flick of a wrist.

“Hellion, Lexi; take the stage!” he said, reciting his own good luck precautions. Looking at the rockets with daggers in his eyes, he pondered the battle. “You know what; I’m a pretty confident guy. What say we make this battle more interesting? If you win; I’ll willingly head to your boss with my Pokémon left behind. If I win; you tell me to location of that restoration machine? Or are you too scared?” he laughed, unable to comprehend his mission for grunts.

Clicking his fingers, he quickly moved to the battle. “Hellion, I want you to use a start by Tri Attacking the right Raticate. Follow it up with a Dragonbreath and finish with a Thunderpunch. Lexi, you have the left one. Start with a Skull Bash and follow with a Rage. Finish up this round with a cocky-confident Seismic Toss. Preferably try to German Suplex the rat into the sharpest looking object you can find.

PeeGee
28th October 2009, 5:10 AM
Pele Ruins Pocket Dimension

Firewater: Dark Pele listens to your question, and takes a couple of seconds to answer you.

"Of course I'll play fair," says the god, although you don't feel one hundred percent comfortable with that answer.

However the battle between Aurora and Magneton begins and turn your attention towards it. Aurora starts off the battle with a Water Pulse, the pulses of water barraging Magneton's metallic body. The magnet pokemon gives an irritated buzz before it lets out an ear-splitting Screech. Aurora gives a squeal of pain as the noise penetrated her ear lobes. Cringing from the Screech, Aurora continues to attack, this time summoning up a storm of Powdery Snow. The snow hit Magenton with little DINGs, despite the fact that the snow was very small and not at all like ice, and manages to blind one of Magneton's eyes. The magnet pokemon monotonously screams in pain, before it sparks with electricity and sends a Thunder Shock Aurora's way. The ball pokemon yells in pain as the electricity courses through her body, but she manages to recover. Now gasping for air Aurora finishes off her assault by jumping at Magneton and hitting it with her Aqua Tail. The attack sends the electric/steel type backwards but doesn't appear to do all that much damage. A tad but angry Magneton charges at its opponent and Tackles Aurora, nearly knocking her off the platform.

What will you do?

Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Sending out your Magmortar and Shinx, you quickly issue their orders. Hellion begins by lifting up his left arm and firing a beam of electricity, fire and ice at the Raticate to the right. The rat tries to move out of the way of the Tri Attack with a Quick Attack but the back half of its body gets caught in the beam. As it falls to the ground, the other Raticate leaps over its body and slams into Lexi with a Tackle. The Shinx picks herself up and jumps at her Raticate, Bashing into it with her Skull. Meanwhile Hellion opens up his maw and Breathes out a large amount of Dragon fire, which engulfs his Raticate. The rat screams with pain, but once the fire dies down it pounces on Hellion and Bites his left arm. Grabbing Raticate, Hellion delivers a Thunder Punch to its face with his left arm. Dropping to the ground, Raticate tries to attack Hellion, but is horrified to find that the Thunder Punch has paralyzed it. Back to Lexi, the Shinx's eyes glow red before she claws at Raticate in Rage, the aforementioned pokemon retaliating with another Tackle to her face. Now angry at her opponent, Lexi latches her teeth into Raticate's leg, and with super Seismic pokemon power, Tosses it into the air. Hitting the ground with a loud THUD Raticate picks itself up and Bites onto Lexi's back right leg, and doesn't want to let go.

What will you do?

Treepandaone
29th October 2009, 4:19 AM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Sending out your Magmortar and Shinx, you quickly issue their orders. Hellion begins by lifting up his left arm and firing a beam of electricity, fire and ice at the Raticate to the right. The rat tries to move out of the way of the Tri Attack with a Quick Attack but the back half of its body gets caught in the beam. As it falls to the ground, the other Raticate leaps over its body and slams into Lexi with a Tackle. The Shinx picks herself up and jumps at her Raticate, Bashing into it with her Skull. Meanwhile Hellion opens up his maw and Breathes out a large amount of Dragon fire, which engulfs his Raticate. The rat screams with pain, but once the fire dies down it pounces on Hellion and Bites his left arm. Grabbing Raticate, Hellion delivers a Thunder Punch to its face with his left arm. Dropping to the ground, Raticate tries to attack Hellion, but is horrified to find that the Thunder Punch has paralyzed it. Back to Lexi, the Shinx's eyes glow red before she claws at Raticate in Rage, the aforementioned pokemon retaliating with another Tackle to her face. Now angry at her opponent, Lexi latches her teeth into Raticate's leg, and with super Seismic pokemon power, Tosses it into the air. Hitting the ground with a loud THUD Raticate picks itself up and Bites onto Lexi's back right leg, and doesn't want to let go.

What will you do?

As Matthew watched his two Pokémon go into battle, he suddenly realized that his temptation to battle could be a pre-eminent feat of destruction. Seeing the precautions he had taken onto to get on the boat, a thought came across his mind that it would have indeed been better to lie beforehand, the implication of a cover story far greater than one of rushing in fool hardy, but alas, that was his nature and nothing could stop it, even if they wanted to.

But Matthew strayed, he did want to, and he had. The imminent battling brining out a wrath and bane about him that was unlike his usual self, a much more confident and enthralling feeling set about him when he was one with battle, causing his mind to work out problems like no other, the feelings of overcoming the complicated problem to find a solution was in the bane of his soul, burning brightly as his passion for battling saw him centralize even more, his heart racing as he told his Pokémon their orders, a nervous and anxious feeling hoping his Pokémon would be alright was intertwined with the excitement and anticipation that he had sought this entire time.

With his distressing coming to an abrupt end, Matthew mind focus back on the battle; the prompt showdown between Pokémon was one of the many strategies, as Matthew sought the Intimidate boost from Shinx below into life as the Pokémon stood tall. Pointing to the respected Pokémon, Matthew bellowed his orders as the two got to work.

As he compromised the work of the two, Matthew saw Magmortar take its lead, lifting a cannoned arm as it charged up the multi-conditioned attack before releasing it, sending the elemental strike towards the Raticate as it attempted to leap out of the way. Luck was on his side as Matthew saw the Raticate fail to do so, taking the brunt of the damage from behind as the Quick attack attempt was futile. As Matthew saw the Raticate lump on the floor with a sickening thud, his attention was drawn to the second of the rat-Pokémon as it leaped into the air before performing a tackle on Lexi, sending her skidding along the floor. Shuddering slightly at the damage, Matthew was re-cooperated when Lexi picked herself up from the floor and continued to Skull Bash the Raticate back.

As his eyes darted from one place to the other, Matthew then caught a glimpse of a rainbow coloured fire attack surge from Hellions mouth and engulf the Raticate. Screams of pain flood to Matthew’s ears as he winced, feeling sorry for the Raticate until it jumped towards Magmortar, biting on its arm with menace before a sturdy Thunderpunch removed it in one fell swoop. Seeing the Raticate paralyzed from the blow, Matthew smiled as his attention turned to the final blows between Shinx and the second Raticate as the Rage attack collided with a tackle, the angry Shinx able to bite the Raticate on the leg and german suplex it backwards, but as the Raticate recovered, Matthew witnessed the rat bite down on Lexi’s leg as the round ended.

“Drat” he cursed, trying to think of a plan to free his Shinx “Ok, let’s try a Zap Cannon to get the Raticate off your leg Lexi, followed by a Dragon Claw. Once it’s reeling, get it in a headlock Submission. Hellion, I want a close range Focus Blast from you, have it followed by a Mega Punch and then Psychic it into a sharp object.”

“Good luck” he added with a wink, giving his all-important thumbs up as he did.

PeeGee
7th November 2009, 10:00 PM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Giving your pokemon another set of orders, Lexi starts off the round by opening her mouth and spitting out a large orb of electrical energy. The Zap Cannon hits Raticate point blank and gets the rat off her leg, as well as sending it across the room. The Raticate jumped back onto its feet and was about to charge at Lexi when every single one of its muscles seized up. With the earlier Zap Cannon evidently paralysing Raticate, it was unable to continue with its attack. Continuing on Lexi jumps at Raticate and slashes at it with her Dragon Claw, causing the rat to hiss in pain. Fighting through the paralysis, Raticate charges at your Shinx and Headbutts her. Lexi lets out a squeal of pain as the Raticates collides with her, and in the process, she flinches. Taking advantage of Lexi the Raticate finishes off with a Swords Dance.

Taking on his Raticate, Hellion lifts up his arm and fires a large Focus Blast at the normal type. Raticate, seeing the attack, jumps out of the way of the attack with its Quick Attack, but in doing so didn't notice Hellion pulling back his fist. The Mega Punch hit Raticate in the ribs and sent it flying into the wall. Picking itself up, Raticate jumps at the Magmortar and latches onto his shoulder with a Bite. Giving a roar of pain, Hellion's eyes glow dark purple as Raticate starts to glow purple. The Magmortar uses his Psychic energy to pick up the rat, and with the absence of a sharp object, slams it into the wall. Raticate lets out a pitiful squeal before it collapses. You take a quick survey of the battle, and now it seems that it shall be over rather quickly now that only one Raticate is left.

What will you do?

Treepandaone
8th November 2009, 5:04 PM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Giving your pokemon another set of orders, Lexi starts off the round by opening her mouth and spitting out a large orb of electrical energy. The Zap Cannon hits Raticate point blank and gets the rat off her leg, as well as sending it across the room. The Raticate jumped back onto its feet and was about to charge at Lexi when every single one of its muscles seized up. With the earlier Zap Cannon evidently paralysing Raticate, it was unable to continue with its attack. Continuing on Lexi jumps at Raticate and slashes at it with her Dragon Claw, causing the rat to hiss in pain. Fighting through the paralysis, Raticate charges at your Shinx and Headbutts her. Lexi lets out a squeal of pain as the Raticates collides with her, and in the process, she flinches. Taking advantage of Lexi the Raticate finishes off with a Swords Dance.

Taking on his Raticate, Hellion lifts up his arm and fires a large Focus Blast at the normal type. Raticate, seeing the attack, jumps out of the way of the attack with its Quick Attack, but in doing so didn't notice Hellion pulling back his fist. The Mega Punch hit Raticate in the ribs and sent it flying into the wall. Picking itself up, Raticate jumps at the Magmortar and latches onto his shoulder with a Bite. Giving a roar of pain, Hellion's eyes glow dark purple as Raticate starts to glow purple. The Magmortar uses his Psychic energy to pick up the rat, and with the absence of a sharp object, slams it into the wall. Raticate lets out a pitiful squeal before it collapses. You take a quick survey of the battle, and now it seems that it shall be over rather quickly now that only one Raticate is left.

What will you do?

The proof is definitely in the pudding and Matthew had it drummed into his head that revenge was the best form of action. With a angry Rhyperior waiting in the wings, Matthew began relying on Lexi and Hellion to do the job that he was assured that he could. With one finger gentle tapping his chin with angst, Matthew formulated a plan that would take him into the lead. Or so he hoped. With orders amassed onto the battling Pokémon, Matthew got a small meow and a nod from the pair as his confidence rose to an all time high. While battling was his passion, Matthew was indeed very nervous underneath; battling usually led him into more trouble. Waiving away his concerns, Matthew’s sight returned to the battlefield.

Flitting between the two, Shinx began the battle with Matthew’s cooperative eyes watching her every move, the Pokémon being one of the smallest of his team but a hard hitter in its own right. With the small lions mouth opening to an extent, Matthew noticed the large orb of electric energy charging inside its maw. As the Raticate biting on her leg soon became aware, the apparent Zap Cannon hit at point blank range as Matthew smiled, knowing full well that the Shinx was really trying its hardest to impress. Jumping back to its feet from the explosion of the Zap Cannon, the Raticate looks to gets a rebuke before its muscles seize up. Noticing the affliction coming from the Cannon, Lexi continued with her attack orders by Dragon Clawing the Raticate in the face as Matthew looked on with pride. With a hiss of pain exerting from the Raticate’s mouth, Lexi looks to move on, but as Matthew was about to find, the move wasn’t as simple as that. With the rat-Pokémon fighting through the pain, a resounding headbutt hit the small cat, causing it to flinch. Taking advantage of the flinch, Matthew groaned as Raticate set up a swords dance.

Moving his attention away from the first battle and into the next, Matthew saw his Magmortar preparing to take on the second of the pair. In the act of charging his Focus Blast, Raticate sees the attack coming and dodges. Growling in frustration, Matthew suddenly found himself catching it lucky as Magmortar drove a Mega Punch into the Raticate’s skull. With the battle turning, Matthew saw it fall right back into the balance as Raticate hit back with a bite, latching on to Magmortar shoulder for it to be pushed off with the use of psychic powers, the absence of a sharp object meaning Magmortar had to use the wall instead. As Matthew felt a sense of victory about himself, he noted the collapsing of one Raticate. Surveying the scene, Matthew formulated another plan.

“Right then, now there’s only one more Pokémon left to deal with, Hellion, I want a Thunderbolt from you and an Egg Bomb from Lexi the single Raticate. Then Hellion, I want a Tri Attack from you and a Seismic Toss from Lexi, but wait until the Tri Attack’s over, eh.”

firewater
12th November 2009, 1:25 AM
Pele Ruins Pocket Dimension

Firewater: Dark Pele listens to your question, and takes a couple of seconds to answer you.

"Of course I'll play fair," says the god, although you don't feel one hundred percent comfortable with that answer.

However the battle between Aurora and Magneton begins and turn your attention towards it. Aurora starts off the battle with a Water Pulse, the pulses of water barraging Magneton's metallic body. The magnet pokemon gives an irritated buzz before it lets out an ear-splitting Screech. Aurora gives a squeal of pain as the noise penetrated her ear lobes. Cringing from the Screech, Aurora continues to attack, this time summoning up a storm of Powdery Snow. The snow hit Magenton with little DINGs, despite the fact that the snow was very small and not at all like ice, and manages to blind one of Magneton's eyes. The magnet pokemon monotonously screams in pain, before it sparks with electricity and sends a Thunder Shock Aurora's way. The ball pokemon yells in pain as the electricity courses through her body, but she manages to recover. Now gasping for air Aurora finishes off her assault by jumping at Magneton and hitting it with her Aqua Tail. The attack sends the electric/steel type backwards but doesn't appear to do all that much damage. A tad but angry Magneton charges at its opponent and Tackles Aurora, nearly knocking her off the platform.

What will you do?
David Michael, for whatever reason didn't feel secure about Dark Pele's answer, but regardless, he knew that he had to continue. However, he couldn't help but be impressed with the ease that she was taking those electric attacks, and she seemed to be doing quite well overall. Regardless, that last attack hadn't been too good, and noticing that afterwards Aurora was getting kind of close to the edge of the platform, he quickly gives Auoura more orders.

"Alright, that was good, now, let's get some distance with a Hidden Power (Fire), followed by a Bubblebeam, and while he's um wet, blast him with an Ice Beam, go you can do it!"

David Michael waits to see what would happen, and keeping himself aware for any new stricks, tries to think of what to do next...

OOC: sorry for the crappy update...

PeeGee
20th November 2009, 12:15 AM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Giving Hellion and Lexi their next set of orders, they burst into action. Hellion draws his arms back, his body beginning to spark with electricity as he does so, a large Thunderbolt bursts from his body. Raticate watches the thunderbolt head towards it, and tries to jump out of its way but the rat's muscles seize up from paralysis. The rat squeals in pain as the electricity courses through its body. Still not down, Raticate stares at Hellion and Lexi valiantly, that is until the Shinx uses her Egg Bomb to send it down for the count. Level up for Lexi

"How could you beat us?" asks the first rocket.

"Well it doesn't matter anyways," says the second one, "We aren't going to help him."

They give you a triumphant look, before Hellion raises his arm, charging up a Tri Attack.

"Did I say that," blubbers the second rocket, "I meant that we were going to help you."

You smile a little as the rockets begin to spill everything.

"They took the part down to the storage room, which is down the hall and then to the left and then to the right," says the first rocket.

"But there will be rockets down there that will stop you," says the second rocket.

You nod your head at Hellion, who gives a wave of his arm and sends his Tri-Attack at the grunts, you can't risk them telling any other grunts.

What will you do?

Pele Ruins Pocket Dimension

Firewater: Giving your Spheal her orders, Aurora jumps into action. She glows a bright red as she taps into her Hidden Power, sending an orb of Fire energy at Magneton. The attack slams into the magnet pokemon, who recoils in pain. Glaring at Aurora, Magneton Sparks with electricity before it collides with the Spheal, nearly sending her off the platform. Managing to stay on, the Spheal opens her mouth and sends a Beam of Bubbles at Magneton. The attack doesn't do much damage but does cover it with water. Staring at its opponent Magneton's eyes focus on Aurora, Locking On to the ball pokemon. Wondering what Magneton is up to, Aurora continues on and shoots an Ice Beam at Magneton. The beam surrounds Magneton and due to the water on the electric/steel type's body, it freezes. You let out a cry of relief as you see that Magneton has been immobilized, but it is in vain as the frozen body of the magnet pokemon begins to shake before it releases itself from its icy prison with a Discharge. Surveying the two pokemon, you notice that Magneton isn't floating as high as it was before, it seems like it has taken a fair bit of damage.

What will you do?

arcanumghost
26th November 2009, 7:01 AM
Earlier, on Mt. Fumi's Open Plain...

After catching his first pokémon (a Sableye named Lucy), Arcanum took a trip to the island of Cortoza to bring his Trapinch, Adam to his native setting, hoping he'd appreciate seeing some of his own type. Before leaving the Arcane Realm, he stopped by a place that was giving away eggs and newborn pokémon and picked up two eggs. The Horsea named Brooks hatched during the trip, but the second egg stayed silent. Once he arrived at the island, he began the climb up to the ashy plains in the hopes of having a picnic with his Trapinch. Very soon in their trek, they found a Diglett scanning the scenery from holes in the ground and a Farfetch'd using its leek as a broom. Arcanum let Trapinch choose where to go, which it did naturally without listening to Arcanum. After talking to the Diglett and coming back to pantemime the situation, Arcanum learned they were working together to ensure the integrity of the Diglett & Dugtrio home underneath. Recently there was a river threatening their habitat, and so Arcanum and Adam offer to help. On their way to the river, the egg hatches with Lyre, a Nincada. The Horsea and Adam then quickly work on patching up the riverbed, celebrate quickly, and then the attack happens. An Electivire, Forretress, and man in a white coat with dark glasses began storming the Digletts' cave. Arcanum switches pokémon around so his Sableye and Trapinch are lined up to fight the pair, teaches Firestream to Lucy, and most recently had encouraged all the ground pokémon to work together to defeat the enemies with powerful simultaneous ground attacks. In the midst of this battle is where we find our hero and his friends...



Mt. Fumi: Open Plain

arcanumghost: The teamwork and collective power of the Diglett make you smile; perhaps this situation isn't quite as bad as it looked before! Deciding to ask the Diglett to coordinate their movements and techniques, you quickly order Lucy to keep Forretress busy while you help the Diglett, and nod in approval as Sableye leaps at Forretress, claws glinting. Adam starts to Focus all his Energy while Sableye hits Forretress hard with a Scratch, although this time the steel bug shrugs off the attack, flinging Sableye against the wall with a powerful Flash Cannon. Lucy blasts a ghostly Night Shade at Forretress, who uses a Rapid Spin to break the momentum of the beam, shooting a Spike at Sableye, while she burns it up with a Firestream, preventing a bad situation. The Diglett Growl and summon the Power of the Earth along with Adam, forming a giant fist of earth the slams into Electivire, bashing it against the wall. The Diglett sway and the earth shifts, pulsing around the electric type and forming a giant orb, while Electivire moans in pain. A giant spot of yellow appears through the earthen orb, and with a Discharge of energy the Electivire bursts out of his trap. A giant Roar escapes from her maw and he sweeps a large portion of the Diglett aside with an Icy Wind, eye glowing with hatred.

What will you do?

The Diglett are so enthusiastic to protect their home that they instantly look to Arcanum to lead them to victory when he comes up with an idea. Lucy dashes forward, taking a gigantic leap while winding up her arm behind her back to deliver the most powerful Scratch possible. An immense bright white light lights up the scene just as Lucy is delivering her blow, and the next moment Arcanum's Sableye is sitting at the bottom of the wall it had just ran away from. The wall shows damage from the impact the Forretress' Flash Cannon had caused, and dirt was falling from the wall and ceiling above. Lucy is shaken, but not emotionally distraught as she stares straight at the bug with jet black eyes whose energy seemed to jump off her eyes in its direction. The Night Shade was also ineffective though, as the Forretress used Rapid Spin to avoid damage from the blow, and using the momentum of the spin to launch a Spike straight at the beady-eyed ghost. Fortunately Arcanum's Sableye was able to get up and launch a Firestream to keep from getting hurt from the Forretress' most recent attack, but all in all she was having a lot of trouble getting the upper hand against such a powerful pokémon.

Adam on the other hand is busy using Focus Energy while the Diglett Growl in a cacauphony of deep squeaks, all of them getting ready to send the full force of the earth on the Electivire. The ground began to quake and shift beneath the earth as a giant fist was formed by their collective Earth Power attack, crashing in to the Electivire, pushing it in to a wall and surely knocking it out. And if that isn't enough, the Diglett advance on the Electivire, continuing the attack to form a tomb of earth around the Electivire. Arcanum grins confidently, making a fist high in the air and pulling it in to his chest, but his expression changes slowly to concern as light cracks through the brown shell holding his electric opponent. Cries of rage escape through the cracks, and in a Discharge of electric energy the pieces of hardened earth shatter and fly in every direction. A Roar echoes through the cave, shaking the ground as much as all the ground pokémon combined. An Icy Wind sweeps a number of Diglett away from the broken earth egg, and the Electivire's eyes sparked dangerously with hatred and rage.

Arcanum was getting desperate, seeing both of his pokémon getting thrashed by much stronger enemies, so he shouts to Sableye in the midst of the chaos, "Lucy! Firestream seems to be the most effective thing against Forretress... use it from a distance, followed by Night Shade to blast it back, then close the gap and unleash another Firestream from close range!" Whipping around to face a concerned Trapinch, Arcanum gathered his confidence and composed a strong face, hoping to make the situation seem less bleak. "Adam, try to distract the Electivire so the Diglett can surround and attack it. Use Earth Power to knock it off its balance and deal some damage, rush in for a Mud Slap to disorient it, and then knock it over with a Quick Attack!" The young trainer glanced angrily at the intimidating trainer in a lab coat for a second before looking over to the Diglett and saying, "You guys might need to collapse the cave to defeat the Electivire. Keep it in mind, but no matter what you do keep using ground attacks to overwhelm and bury the Electivire." At this point, Arcanum's eyes are filled with rage, and he turns to the mysterious trainer and begins walking forward at a steady clip, fists clenched and pumping, and mouth screaming in as deep a voice as the twelve-year-old could muster, "What are you doing? Why are you attacking these pokémon? Who the hell are you?"

It's been a while, so let me know how I do, and if you need more details to get caught up, just let me know. Thanks for being awesome and picking up my old adventure!!!

firewater
30th November 2009, 7:04 PM
Pele Ruins Pocket Dimension

Firewater: Giving your Spheal her orders, Aurora jumps into action. She glows a bright red as she taps into her Hidden Power, sending an orb of Fire energy at Magneton. The attack slams into the magnet pokemon, who recoils in pain. Glaring at Aurora, Magneton Sparks with electricity before it collides with the Spheal, nearly sending her off the platform. Managing to stay on, the Spheal opens her mouth and sends a Beam of Bubbles at Magneton. The attack doesn't do much damage but does cover it with water. Staring at its opponent Magneton's eyes focus on Aurora, Locking On to the ball pokemon. Wondering what Magneton is up to, Aurora continues on and shoots an Ice Beam at Magneton. The beam surrounds Magneton and due to the water on the electric/steel type's body, it freezes. You let out a cry of relief as you see that Magneton has been immobilized, but it is in vain as the frozen body of the magnet pokemon begins to shake before it releases itself from its icy prison with a Discharge. Surveying the two pokemon, you notice that Magneton isn't floating as high as it was before, it seems like it has taken a fair bit of damage.

What will you do?
Everything, all and good was going well, as Aurora's Hidden Power had shined, the Fire dealing a good shot of damage to the metal, sparking, generally unpleasant thing that was attacking the Spheal, but David Michael had to wince as the Sparking tackle of Magneton dealt even more damage to Spheal, but nothing else seemed more important than the fact that Aurora's was getting ever closer to the edge. However, she hung on there and a blast of Bubblebeam did the job in getting Magneton wet, right before an Ice Beam froze it solid, but not before the Magneton had managed to Lock On to Aurora.

"Phew, good job Aur-"

and before David Michael could finish his praise, the ice shattered, a powerful Discharge had smashed through the ice, and though none had hit Aurora, David Michael simply had to grimace at the still standing electric type... but then noticed that it wasn't doing as well as before...

"Aurora, you did great just now- let's try and wrap this up quickly. Give that Magneton another Hidden Power (Fire) blast, then follow up with another Water Pulse, and finally a Blizzard, go for the finish now, but be careful."

David Michael grimaces at the battle, hoping that he wouldn't have to chase down his pokemon, should she fall off, but he held the pokeball tightly, ready to return Aurora quickly if the need arose...

Treepandaone
1st December 2009, 12:38 PM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Giving Hellion and Lexi their next set of orders, they burst into action. Hellion draws his arms back, his body beginning to spark with electricity as he does so, a large Thunderbolt bursts from his body. Raticate watches the thunderbolt head towards it, and tries to jump out of its way but the rat's muscles seize up from paralysis. The rat squeals in pain as the electricity courses through its body. Still not down, Raticate stares at Hellion and Lexi valiantly, that is until the Shinx uses her Egg Bomb to send it down for the count. Level up for Lexi

"How could you beat us?" asks the first rocket.

"Well it doesn't matter anyways," says the second one, "We aren't going to help him."

They give you a triumphant look, before Hellion raises his arm, charging up a Tri Attack.

"Did I say that," blubbers the second rocket, "I meant that we were going to help you."

You smile a little as the rockets begin to spill everything.

"They took the part down to the storage room, which is down the hall and then to the left and then to the right," says the first rocket.

"But there will be rockets down there that will stop you," says the second rocket.

You nod your head at Hellion, who gives a wave of his arm and sends his Tri-Attack at the grunts, you can't risk them telling any other grunts.

What will you do?

For the reference, Lexi is now level 7.

Standing with resolve and an aim on which to point the battle on, Matthew Brown was enjoying the battle he was witnessing, the once young and scarce Lexi challenging the stereotypical boundaries for a Pokémon of her size, showing herself to be the true courageous lion he knew that would burst from her shell once she overcame the terror of disloyalties that stemmed from her previous owners’ abandonment in the Ancient Tomb. With careful love and mentoring, Matthew had coaxed Lexi to become a prime example for Pokémon everywhere to stand up and take control, the electric-type continuing the battle with prowess and beauty.

With Lexi bringing a proud smile to Matthew’s face he saw Hellion continue its large streak of power, the fire type being one very close to his heart as he considered him a very good friend indeed. Taking a leaf out of Lexi’s book, Hellion’s arm crackled as the cannon-shaped appendage became home for a resulting Thunderbolt that coursed through the air, a failed leap of faith from the Raticate ensuring that the battle was more than a mere scrap, this was war.

Losing himself in the moment, Matthew squeezed his fists as Lexi withdrew herself to create large grass balls which flew through the air, the egg bombs exploding on contact as the paralysed Raticate before him could do nothing but fall over with health loss. Grasping his hands into a victory pump, Matthew held a peace sign with his two fingers as both Lexi and Hellion had defeated their opponents, the small Shinx even gaining a level as Matthew’s Pokédex indicated the experience gained with a resounding *ding*. With a smirk on his face, it was easy to forget the task at hand, his brain working overtime for revere and the sudden rush of battling resulted in Matthew completely forgetting about attaining the remaining piece of the puzzle he so anxiously wanted to resurrect his fossil into a Cranidos.

"How could you beat us?"

A resounded and frank voice pierced the air as Matthew’s attention as turned to the two losers of the battle, the rocket grunts seemed to be scared at the thought of a loss. Inevitably, Matthew stared at them through tainted eyes as his thoughts began running rampant about what he should do with the pair of mischief’s.

"Well it doesn't matter anyways; we aren't going to help him." The second one said with a triumphant look as Matthew simply smiled before turning to Hellion, the large human shaped fire-type raising a cannoned arm with a tri-attack as the two rockets broke down. "Did I say that, I meant that we were going to help you."

Matthew laughed as the two stumbled over themselves, the greed and wellbeing of themselves being their only priority as he got what he needed. "They took the part down to the storage room, which is down the hall and then to the left and then to the right, but there will be rockets down there that will stop you," they explained as his eyes squinted.

“Thanks lads” Matthew chuckled before nodding to hellion, the tri attack sending the two into a thump on the cold floor as he withdrew the two Pokémon back to their Pokéballs. “Thanks for all your hard work guys, you’ll come back out soon enough” he explained before clipping the balls back to his belt.

With the information in mind, Matthew set off for the instructed storage rooms, trying to be as stealthy as he could to detract more rocket attacks...

PeeGee
9th December 2009, 11:50 PM
Open Plain

Arcanumghost: Smirking at you question, the man shakes his head. Obviously he doesn't wish to wish to divulge his plan with you, he must be one of those rare villains who are actually smart. However that doesn't stop you from being a small twang of frustration as the man's motives are still hidden from you. But you quickly stop yourself and put your attention to the battle on hand.

Starting off the battle, Lucy starts off the battle by spitting out a stream of molten hot bubbles. The bubbles float towards Forretress, the bug/steel type spinning into the ground, Digging its way out of the bubbles' path. The Sableye looks at the ground in search of any disturbance to clue her in on Forretress' whereabouts. The ground begins to shake, and before she can do anything, Lucy is struck from underneath, Forretress bursting from the ground. As she was thrown backwards, Lucy fires off a Night Shade at Forretress who promptly responds with a Mirror Shot. Picking herself up, the Sableye jumps at Forretress before spitting out another Firestream at the bug/steel type. Determined to get through the bubbles, Forretress starts to Spin Rapidly through the stream of molten bubbles and collides with Lucy, sending the Sableye into the wall. She slowly gets up to show that she is still able to battle, but you notice that she seems to be injured.

Turning your attention to Adam and the Diglett battling against Electivire, you see that the Diglett have started. The crowd of mole pokemon each somehow pick up a mound of Sand and Attack Electivire by throwing it at the electric type's eyes. It lets out a roar before shooting out a Swift spray of stars at the Diglett and Adam. Giving little grunts of pain, Adam summons the Power of the Earth to knock back Electivire. Roaring in fury, it goes to Low Kick the Trapinch, but is blocked by Adam Slapping Mud at its face. Seeing an opportunity the Diglett cause an Earthquake, the attack shaking all four battling pokemon. Picking itself up Electivire decides to play dirty and shoots a Thunderbolt at Lucy, knocking the Sableye into unconsciousness. Seeing what Electivire did, Adam runs at the electric type, Quickly Attacking it while the Diglett team up and each let out their own Growl.

What will you do?

Pele Ruins Pocket Dimension

Firewater: Gripping her ball in case you need to use it, you give Aurora her orders. The ball pokemon nods her head before facing Magneton, opening her mouth to fire off a Hidden Power. An orb of Fire forms at her mouth and as she fires it, Magneton throws up a Protective shield. The attack harmlessly hits the shield and falls to the ground, Aurora growling in annoyance as it does so. Continuing with her assault Aurora fires a Pulse of Water at the magnet pokemon, dousing it in water. Not even noticing the water, Magneton throws a Magnet Bomb at Aurora, nearly knocking the Spheal off the platform! Picking herself up, Aurora lets loose, summoning up a large Blizzard. The ice attack pelts Magneton, who lets out one last metallic scream before falling to the ground unconscious.

You let out a sigh of relief when you see that Aurora has won the challenge, and turn towards Dark Pele.

"Huh," says Dark Pele, "So you managed to win the first challenge, but there are still more to come."

He snaps his fingers and and a Pidgeot appeared in Magneton's place.

"Now I know that you have a Staraptor, so your next challenge is to beat Pidgeot in a race," says Dark Pele. "The starting point is here, and the finishing point is over there."

You look to where the god is pointing and see a large rock jutting out of the ground.

What will you do? (Just for clarification you have to ride Staraptor while racing and the course is about 500 metres long.

Rocket Ship

Treepandaone: Trying to get through the corridors as ninja like as you can proves itself to be quite easy, though you do get a bit suspicious that there aren't any Rockets around. But you keep going on, you have to find the missing part to revive your fossil. Continuing down the hall, you take a quick left, once again seeing no Rockets.

"There he is!"

You quickly turn around and see a pair of Rockets starting to run towards you. Needless to say, you start to leg it. Running as fast as you can, you nearly miss the right turn that you are meant to make. With the Rockets still pursuing you, you run into a small room at the end of the hall and slam the door shut. Putting your ear against the door, you let out a sigh of relief when you can no longer hear the Rockets looking for you. But you however hear heavy breathing. Reaching for the room's light switch, you get the shock of your life when the light reveals an angry looking Houndoom staring at you.

What will you do?

Treepandaone
21st December 2009, 12:22 AM
Rocket Ship

Treepandaone: Trying to get through the corridors as ninja like as you can proves itself to be quite easy, though you do get a bit suspicious that there aren't any Rockets around. But you keep going on, you have to find the missing part to revive your fossil. Continuing down the hall, you take a quick left, once again seeing no Rockets.

"There he is!"

You quickly turn around and see a pair of Rockets starting to run towards you. Needless to say, you start to leg it. Running as fast as you can, you nearly miss the right turn that you are meant to make. With the Rockets still pursuing you, you run into a small room at the end of the hall and slam the door shut. Putting your ear against the door, you let out a sigh of relief when you can no longer hear the Rockets looking for you. But you however hear heavy breathing. Reaching for the room's light switch, you get the shock of your life when the light reveals an angry looking Houndoom staring at you.

What will you do?

Sneaking as quietly as he could, Matthew’s mind flashed backed an Ekans across the grass, the snake Pokémon belonging to a dear friend of old. As the snake moved quietly to creep up on its opponent, Matthew did too, masking the movements by hand subconsciously, his mind still vibrant with the memory as he recalled the training he had taken, the feeling of exhaustion not far from his heart as his muscles pained as if remembering with him. Slowly stepping foot from foot, Matthew noticed the clear absence of guards, relishing in the lack of rockets to help him aid in his mission.

Suspicious thought clogging his mind, Matthew soon came to be to a network of lefts, rights and straight ons. Moving himself from the corner, Matthew hugged the wall, facing outwards as he did, taking a peek round the corner. With no black outfits in the way, the path seemed clear as Matthew moved forward, taking the nearest left as instructed. With his mission to resurrect the fossil back on track, Matthew continued before a loud cry interrupted him.

"There he is!" Snapping his neck, Matthew used his peripheral vision to glance at the perpetrators, two more rockets which recognized him instantly. How do they know it’s me? Does the outfit really look bad? he questioned in his mind as he glanced himself a once over, the rolled up sleeves and bottoms giving the game away to which he murmured to himself. Seeing the rocket’s begin to rack up the meters by warming up to a run, Matthew turned on his heels before setting off at a blistering pace, running as fast as he could. As the pounding of steps urged Matthew to run even faster, the intended right flew past him before he skidded to a halt, finding himself running towards the rockets for just a few seconds before turning back into his path.

With pursuing rockets hot on his tail, Matthew saw a small room at the end of the walkway, a glimmer of hope for him. Opening the door with post haste, Matthew slammed it behind him and crouched with his back to the door. Panting in the darkness, Mathew’s ears pricked up as the sound of running becoming faint. Sighing in relief, Matthew soon realized he wasn’t alone, a large heavy breathing confirming the fact. Clambering to his feet, Matthew found the light switch with a finger and flicked it on, staring in fright at the Houndoom in front of him.

“Uh. Hi?” Matthew spoke softly as his mind ran through various scenarios. “Well, um, I know I’m encroaching on your territory. I’m merely looking for a fossil resurrection machine, do you think you could give me a hand? I’m not really a rocket if that helps”

Matthew knew to consider that the Houndoom might not have been angry at the rockets rather than him. While unsure of the Houndoom’s intents, Matthew’s hand slivered down to Scuddles the Omanyte’s pokéball. Just in case he thought to himself for safety measures, ready to shout out his orders of Calm Mind, Water Pulse then Hidden Power [Ground].

PeeGee
1st January 2010, 4:39 AM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Trying to appeal to the Houndoom, you watch the dog and wait to see what it does. It seems to consider what you have said and lowers its head. You let out a sigh of relief and take a step forward, not noticing that Houndoom's head is beginning to shake. Suddenly noticing the pokemon you quickly jump backwards, the Houndoom's teeth grazing your left arm. You grab Scuddles' ball and quickly release the Omanyte, giving the fossil pokemon her orders.

Glaring at the Houndoom, Scuddles closed her eyes and began to Calm her Mind. As she did that Houndoom began to Howl loudly, the noise slightly unnerving you. Undaunted by the howling, Scuddles opens her eyes and shoots a Pulse of Water at the fire/dark type. Growling in annoyance, Houndoom starts to cough, a purple cloud of Smog spurting out its mouth. The cloud wafts over to Scuddles, who has no choice but to use her Hidden Power (Ground). The ring of energy dissipates the poisonous gas and continues into Houndoom. Howling in anger, Houndoom opens his mouth and fires an Ember at the fossil pokemon, however it didn't do much damage to Scuddles.

What will you do?

arcanumghost
3rd January 2010, 9:10 PM
Open Plain

Arcanumghost: Smirking at you question, the man shakes his head. Obviously he doesn't wish to wish to divulge his plan with you, he must be one of those rare villains who are actually smart. However that doesn't stop you from being a small twang of frustration as the man's motives are still hidden from you. But you quickly stop yourself and put your attention to the battle on hand.

Starting off the battle, Lucy starts off the battle by spitting out a stream of molten hot bubbles. The bubbles float towards Forretress, the bug/steel type spinning into the ground, Digging its way out of the bubbles' path. The Sableye looks at the ground in search of any disturbance to clue her in on Forretress' whereabouts. The ground begins to shake, and before she can do anything, Lucy is struck from underneath, Forretress bursting from the ground. As she was thrown backwards, Lucy fires off a Night Shade at Forretress who promptly responds with a Mirror Shot. Picking herself up, the Sableye jumps at Forretress before spitting out another Firestream at the bug/steel type. Determined to get through the bubbles, Forretress starts to Spin Rapidly through the stream of molten bubbles and collides with Lucy, sending the Sableye into the wall. She slowly gets up to show that she is still able to battle, but you notice that she seems to be injured.

Turning your attention to Adam and the Diglett battling against Electivire, you see that the Diglett have started. The crowd of mole pokemon each somehow pick up a mound of Sand and Attack Electivire by throwing it at the electric type's eyes. It lets out a roar before shooting out a Swift spray of stars at the Diglett and Adam. Giving little grunts of pain, Adam summons the Power of the Earth to knock back Electivire. Roaring in fury, it goes to Low Kick the Trapinch, but is blocked by Adam Slapping Mud at its face. Seeing an opportunity the Diglett cause an Earthquake, the attack shaking all four battling pokemon. Picking itself up Electivire decides to play dirty and shoots a Thunderbolt at Lucy, knocking the Sableye into unconsciousness. Seeing what Electivire did, Adam runs at the electric type, Quickly Attacking it while the Diglett team up and each let out their own Growl.

What will you do?

Indeed, this still unnamed villain only fueled Arcanum's hot temper by refusing to divulge any information. He kept himself as cool as possible though, because he knew how dire the situation had become and he had to focus if he wanted to survive. That was the truly sobering thought... this battle was much tougher than any he had ever encountered before and it wasn't against any school bully who just wanted lunch money, this was an adult with a dangerous, hidden motive. His foe may not be eager to let him go alive.

Lucy was blowing a series of hot bubbles towards the Forretress, but the Forretress was fast enough to avoid it. The Forretress began to spin rapidly, drilling a hole in to the ground and out of the way of the stream of bubbles. Sableye knew what was going on, and turned her head from one direction to another, trying to catch some hint of the Forretress' movement with her beady eyes. Arcanum winced watching Sableye get thrown backwards as chunks of mud followed by a spinning pinecone sprang from beneath her. However, Lucy didn't waste a single moment, firing off a pitch black Night Shade at the Lucy impressed him by springing up again and rushing in with another Firestream, but the Forretress was quick enough to match it with a Mirror Shot. Lucy impressed Arcanum by jumping up again instantly and rushing in with a Firestream, but yet again the Forretress manages to avoid damage by using Rapid Spin, pushing the bubbles out of the way and barreling in to Lucy, throwing her back in to the wall behind her. She looks intensely injured, and Arcanum began running towards her, rummaging through his backpack frantically the whole time hoping for a miracle cure in his minimal supplies.

Looking up, he catches Adam and the Diglett group who were beginning their next struggle against Electivire. Each of the Diglett were collecting up some dirt with their bald heads, spinning around to launch it at the enormous electric pokémon, but after shouting with discomfort, the Electivire shot a volley of stars in every direction, hitting many of the Diglett and Adam. Adam grunted a little, shaking the ground beneath the Electivire hard, knocking the Electivire back a few feet and off balance. The Electivire gets up quickly and slides in to a kick directed at Adam, but Adam dug his head in to the ground, pushing mud at his opponent, and stopping his Low Kick in its tracks. The Diglett seize the opportunity to strike the ground hard with a unified Earthquake, but unfortunately, it hit Adam and Sableye as well, knocking Sableye down to the ground. Arcanum noticed this and stopped haphazardly watching his Trapinch and began rummaging through his pack faster than before, tossing random plushies, TMs, pouches, pokéballs, and food all around him. However, before he could find a potion or berry to heal his precious Sableye, the Electivire let out a devastating Thunderbolt, knocking the struggling pokémon unconscious. Arcanum shed a tear from both eyelids, cursing while punching the ground furiously. "Damnit... damnit!" he cried, grabbing the Sableye's Level Ball and returning it to its capsule.

Adam charged at the Electivire with a Quick Attack while the Diglett Growls echoed throughout the cave. Arcanum was racking his brain frantically while stuffing his stuff back in his backpack, trying to think of what he could do to continue fighting the two seemingly invincible opponents. Lyre was just born, and Brooks is young too and couldn't effectively fight the Electivire... Arcanum finally made a decision, and shouted at Adam.
"Arcanum! Use Quick Attack towards the entrance, I'll grab the Farfetch'd and follow behind you. Use Metronome and Earth Power to weaken and collapse the entrance. Everyone else, find a way to escape, we're running!"

PeeGee
16th January 2010, 5:34 AM
Open Plain

Arcanumghost: Nodding at his orders, Adam Quickly runs towards the entrance of the cave. Grabbing onto Farfetch'd you follow the Trapinch to the entrance. Electivire and Forretress watch the three of you before they start to advance forwards.

"You shall not get away!" yells the man, pointing his finger. "Forretress, Electivire get him!"

The two pokemon began to growl as they prepared to unleash their attacks. And they would have to, if they weren't distracted by the large group of Diglett who had begun to glow. The two opposing pokemon gulped in fear as they were encased by a Sand Tomb. Seeing an opportunity to collapse the entrance, Adam starts to sway back and forth, like a Metronome and unleashes a mighty, powerful, super extra awesome ... Tackle. The Trapinch bounces off the rocky wall and lets out an annoyed grunt before glowing with the Power of Earth. This attack hits the entrance, and does much more damage than the Tackle before hand but doesn't collapse the entrance. And to make matters worse, Electivire and Forretress have managed to break out of their tomb.

What will you do?

Treepandaone
18th January 2010, 2:23 PM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Trying to appeal to the Houndoom, you watch the dog and wait to see what it does. It seems to consider what you have said and lowers its head. You let out a sigh of relief and take a step forward, not noticing that Houndoom's head is beginning to shake. Suddenly noticing the pokemon you quickly jump backwards, the Houndoom's teeth grazing your left arm. You grab Scuddles' ball and quickly release the Omanyte, giving the fossil pokemon her orders.

Glaring at the Houndoom, Scuddles closed her eyes and began to Calm her Mind. As she did that Houndoom began to Howl loudly, the noise slightly unnerving you. Undaunted by the howling, Scuddles opens her eyes and shoots a Pulse of Water at the fire/dark type. Growling in annoyance, Houndoom starts to cough, a purple cloud of Smog spurting out its mouth. The cloud wafts over to Scuddles, who has no choice but to use her Hidden Power (Ground). The ring of energy dissipates the poisonous gas and continues into Houndoom. Howling in anger, Houndoom opens his mouth and fires an Ember at the fossil pokemon, however it didn't do much damage to Scuddles.

What will you do?

Explaining to the houndoom about his situation, Matthew saw the fire type lower its gaze as it remorsed with him. Having had a Pokémon previously tested on by team rocket, Matthew knew the overbearing sensation that lay within ones soul when drugged and tested. Compassionately trying to calm the Houndoom to get it on his side of the fence to join forces and regain its freedom, Matthew breathed a gigantic sigh of relief as the Houndoom seemed to calm to a point where he could let down his guard, thanking the stars that Omanyte was not needed in battle; not because he didn’t want Scuddles to get the experience, but to have safe passage and an inside knowledge secure his fossil’s protection and the Houndoom’s.

Closing his eyes for just a few seconds, Matthew slumped his back against the frame of the door before noticing the Houndoom’s head shake violently, the convulsions seemingly not something the Houndoom was able to stop as Matthew took one step forward, his heart in his mouth with a tilted head, unhappy to see the Houndoom acting like this. With quick reactions, Matthew noticed the true intentions of the houndoom as he jumped backwards with post haste speed, only to be caught by the graze of Houndoom’s teeth cutting into his left arm. Wincing at how close the Houndoom was to piercing the skin, Matthew pressed the capsule as Scuddles burst out of her pokéball as it did the wave, the tentacles of the Omanyte swaying with a musical sensation like the Mexican fighting style.

“I think someone may be controlling Houndoom, it seemed okay until it started shaking. Maybe it’s a test.” Matthew pondered as he looked around the room in search of a camera. Turning back to the battle, Matthew saw the shell Pokémon close her eyes, calming her mind as she did so to gain an advantage in special attack, only for the Houndoom to counter with another boost in howl, the two buffing themselves up from the start. Seemingly undaunted, Scuddles opened her eyes before shooting a large ball of water at the fire-type, splashing down as the water hits the walls causing a growl of annoyance to yelp from the fire-dog.

Stroking his chin, Matthew saw a small but thick fog spray from the dog’s mouth as the smog attack caused his to choke as it spread over to himself and Scuddles. With the smog in place, Scuddles used the hidden power ground techniques to find the dog within the smoke, hitting it was confirmed by the second yelp coming from the Houndoom’s direction. Followed soon by a red glow of fire, Matthew noticed the embers coming from the Houndoom do very little damage at all, the attack being blocked by the resistances of being both a water and rock type. Choosing his allies carefully, Matthew smiled as Scuddles began to do the worm before reporting back for duty, one tentacle saluting at attention as Matthew thought of a plan.

“Alright Scuddles, another Water Pulse might daze the Houndoom enough. We have no idea what she’s capable of so make sure to stay on your guard. Follow with a Secret Power then lay down a layer of Toxic Spikes to prevent movement.

firewater
20th January 2010, 8:03 PM
Pele Ruins Pocket Dimension

Firewater: Gripping her ball in case you need to use it, you give Aurora her orders. The ball pokemon nods her head before facing Magneton, opening her mouth to fire off a Hidden Power. An orb of Fire forms at her mouth and as she fires it, Magneton throws up a Protective shield. The attack harmlessly hits the shield and falls to the ground, Aurora growling in annoyance as it does so. Continuing with her assault Aurora fires a Pulse of Water at the magnet pokemon, dousing it in water. Not even noticing the water, Magneton throws a Magnet Bomb at Aurora, nearly knocking the Spheal off the platform! Picking herself up, Aurora lets loose, summoning up a large Blizzard. The ice attack pelts Magneton, who lets out one last metallic scream before falling to the ground unconscious.

You let out a sigh of relief when you see that Aurora has won the challenge, and turn towards Dark Pele.

"Huh," says Dark Pele, "So you managed to win the first challenge, but there are still more to come."

He snaps his fingers and and a Pidgeot appeared in Magneton's place.

"Now I know that you have a Staraptor, so your next challenge is to beat Pidgeot in a race," says Dark Pele. "The starting point is here, and the finishing point is over there."

You look to where the god is pointing and see a large rock jutting out of the ground.

What will you do? (Just for clarification you have to ride Staraptor while racing and the course is about 500 metres long.

OOC: Sorry for taking so long with this, lol.

anyway.

David Michael simply grins at his luck- Aurora had simply done wondrously in her battle, as while her Hidden Power had failed, smacking harmlessly against Magneton's Protect, her Water Pulse and Blizzard attacks had easily overpowered Magneton, but regardless her frame was still pretty bruised up. Grinning, David Michael returns her as Dark Pele snapped his fingers, and the defeated Magneton was replaced by a Pidgeot.

"Now I know that you have a Staraptor, so your next challenge is to beat Pidgeot in a race," says Dark Pele. "The starting point is here, and the finishing point is over there."

David Michael was confused at this, until he looks to where the dark god had pointed, and he notices a large rock jutting out of the, er dimension. Shrugging, David Michael simply pops open the pokeball, revealing his starter pokemon. While he was confused as to why Dark Pele had known that Dart had evolved before he himself had known this, David Michael decides to pay it no heed, and simply whispers some orders to Staraptor.

"Alright Dart, this shouldn't be hard- it's just a race to that pillar with me on your back. All you have to worry about is getting to that pillar, but just to be safe, if Pidgeot attacks us, don't retaliate, simply use QUick Attack to get a boost, and do that as many times as you need- don't worry about me, i'll hold on as best as I can."

Steadying himself to leap onto Dart's back, David Michael and the Staraptor go to the starting line, readying himself for the challenge

arcanumghost
8th February 2010, 2:38 PM
Open Plain

Arcanumghost: Nodding at his orders, Adam Quickly runs towards the entrance of the cave. Grabbing onto Farfetch'd you follow the Trapinch to the entrance. Electivire and Forretress watch the three of you before they start to advance forwards.

"You shall not get away!" yells the man, pointing his finger. "Forretress, Electivire get him!"

The two pokémon began to growl as they prepared to unleash their attacks. And they would have to, if they weren't distracted by the large group of Diglett who had begun to glow. The two opposing pokémon gulped in fear as they were encased by a Sand Tomb. Seeing an opportunity to collapse the entrance, Adam starts to sway back and forth, like a Metronome and unleashes a mighty, powerful, super extra awesome ... Tackle. The Trapinch bounces off the rocky wall and lets out an annoyed grunt before glowing with the Power of Earth. This attack hits the entrance, and does much more damage than the Tackle beforehand but doesn't collapse the entrance. And to make matters worse, Electivire and Forretress have managed to break out of their tomb.

What will you do?

Adam looked over at Arcanum, nodding at the definitive “... we’re running,” and tensed up before taking rhythmic bounds towards the stairs leading up to the entrance, where hopefully they could outrun the man and his two large pokémon. Adam accelerated quickly and by the time he had become a blur, he was standing at one of the top steps, some dust gathered in a cloud where he landed. Arcanum dashed over to a Farfetch’d that was already making clumsy waddling steps towards the entrance, wrapped his arms underneath the bird’s wings and around its stomach, letting out a grunt as he struggled to lift the Wild Duck pokémon up, but luckily it wasn’t terribly heavy and Arcanum was capable of carrying it to the entrance at a faster pace than it was capable of on its own. That didn’t stop Arcanum from making a very similar grimace and waddling motion, having to carry both a backpack full of food and supplies was pretty difficult for him still, even though he had grown much stronger since he left home. As Arcanum began to scale the incline of steps, Adam swayed back and forth in a light, dizzying trance and eyes closed, almost leaning to the point of tipping over, when suddenly he stumbled on to all fours with a determined look and his eyes wide open, and launched a hearty tackle against the wall, near the entrance. Unfortunately, this caused Adam to collapse against the wall instead of collapsing the wall, and other than a loud thud, it was ineffective at bringing down the cave.

“You shall not get away!” the mysterious man bellowed through the room, standing with authority and his thick sausage finger pointed towards the entrance of the cave. “Forretress, Electivire... Get him!” The enemy Electivire and Forretress advanced slowly towards the staircase, with a bubbling angry noise coming from each of their mouths as if at any second they would bellow and unleash all of their power towards the entrance. But they swallowed those noises when they froze in fear, noticing the glow coming from within the cave, the Diglett shining as sand crept up the feet of the two opponent pokémon. It wasn’t long before they were plastered with dry sand, and truly frozen in place by their sand tombs.

Adam saw the golden opportunity, and leaned back on his hind legs, jumping up high in the air, and finally crashing down to unleash his earth power at the entrance to the cave. Some light debris fell from the entrance of the cave, and a crack or two appeared to show the evidence of some heavy damage, but it was nothing that could be called a cave collapse. Arcanum set down his passenger at the top of the steps and watched as his formidable opponents cracked through their sand casings and began to walk around towards them uncomfortably, sand permeating their bodies’ nooks and crannies. Now that he felt some distance between him and his opponents, he was feeling less nervous about his situation, but he didn’t want to stop here. If the two pokémon in the cave had come to collapse and destroy it, there was probably little Arcanum and his team could do to stop them.

So he shouted in to the cave. “Run away! Run!” Grabbing his Adam’s pokéball from his pocket and extending the red return beam from it until it consumed his starter with light, he said “You should run or fly or do whatever you can to get away from them too, Farfetch’d. I’m sorry, but I can’t win this battle for you just yet, and it is better to fight another day than to die fighting a losing battle.” His pokéball was no longer red on the thumbnail sized button, so he pressed it and returned it to its convenient size and stuffed it in his pocket. “Good bye,” he said without looking at the pokémon he was addressing. Then, with all the fervor he had run away from bullies in grade school, he dashed a path through the ashy plains, kicking up dust everywhere and further soiling his already deeply stained jeans. He wasn’t paying enough attention to where he was going to follow one of the paths already leading towards the cave entrance and prevent them from following in his footsteps, but Arcanum was getting as much distance between the enemies and him as he could.

PeeGee
5th April 2010, 4:48 AM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Giving Scuddles her orders, your dancing fossil bursts into action. She throws her tentacles forward, and a Pulse of Water bursts from them and knocks Houndoom to the floor. Growling as it picks itself up off the ground, Houndoom suddenly pounces at Scuddles and Bites her shell. Squealing in pain, she runs in circles before knocking it off with a Secret Power. Once again falling to the ground, Houndoom picks itself up and starts to Howl. Feeling shivers run down your spine as it does so, Scuddles pays no attention to the Howl and proceeds to throw a bunch of Poison Spikes at Houndoom. The demon deg yelps as it treads on the spikes, poisoning itself. Glaring at Scuddles, Houndoom leaps forward and bites down on the Omanyte's shell with a Thunder Fang. Once again squealing in pain, Scuddles starts to run around in circles again, trying to get Houndoom off her shell.

What will you do?

Pele Ruins Pocket Dimension

Firewater: Dart nods his head as he listens to your orders.

"Well it seems that everything is under order," says Pele, "Begin!"

In a flash of feathers, Pidgeot takes off, with Dart following closely behind it. The Staraptor begins to overtake the other bird pokemon, who responds by Slashing at the Air in front of it. Feeling the air behind him move, Dart Quickly moves forward, the Air Slash missing him. Glaring at his opponent, Dart continues on, moving more and more ahead of Pidgeot. Not liking the way that the race was going, Pidgeot glow white as its speed is increased by Agility. You watch the race with an anxious look on your face, watching every move made with the upmost concentration. Dark Pele watches you with a smirk on his face, making you feel creeped out, despite the fact that you aren't even looking at him.

"You do know that you can't win," said the dark god, "Your Staraptor isn't anywhere near strong enough to out race my Pidgeot."

Forcing yourself to ignore the god, you continue to watch the race. Pidgeot and Dart are flying neck to neck, the Kanto bird starting to edge out in front. Not wanting to lose, Dart uses Quick Attack to take the lead. Glaring at his opponent, Pidgeot flaps his Wings and sends an Attack at Dart. Dart tries to dodge the attack again, but this time his wing is clipped.

What will you do?

Note: The area allows all commands to be heard normally by your pokemon

Open Plain

Arcanumghost: Farfetch'd nods its head before running to the entrance of the cave. Returning your Trapinch, you decide to follow suit. Running as fast as you can towards the entrance, you hear the roars of the man's pokemon, followed by the sound of the Diglett roaring in their squeaky little voices. The ground starts to rumble, running becoming just that little bit harder to execute. Just as you make it through the cave entrance, there is a loud bang and the roof starts to fall in. Turning around, you see the man and his two pokemon for one last second before the roof falls on them.

Letting out a sigh of relief, you slowly walk back onto the plain from which you had first arrived. Getting ready to leave, something pulls against your sleeve. Looking down, you see Farfetch'd! It seems happy that you had helped the Diglett as best as you could and is holding something. Opening up its wing, you see that it has a Nugget, probably picked up while your pokemon were fighting. Motioning towards you, you can tell that Farfetch'd wants you to have the item.

Upon replying to this update you are free to leave Cortoza and will have obtained a Nugget.

It was a fun adventure and I hope to update you again.

arcanumghost
7th April 2010, 1:20 AM
Open Plain

Arcanumghost: Farfetch'd nods its head before running to the entrance of the cave. Returning your Trapinch, you decide to follow suit. Running as fast as you can towards the entrance, you hear the roars of the man's pokemon, followed by the sound of the Diglett roaring in their squeaky little voices. The ground starts to rumble, running becoming just that little bit harder to execute. Just as you make it through the cave entrance, there is a loud bang and the roof starts to fall in. Turning around, you see the man and his two pokemon for one last second before the roof falls on them.

Letting out a sigh of relief, you slowly walk back onto the plain from which you had first arrived. Getting ready to leave, something pulls against your sleeve. Looking down, you see Farfetch'd! It seems happy that you had helped the Diglett as best as you could and is holding something. Opening up its wing, you see that it has a Nugget, probably picked up while your pokemon were fighting. Motioning towards you, you can tell that Farfetch'd wants you to have the item.

Upon replying to this update you are free to leave Cortoza and will have obtained a Nugget.

It was a fun adventure and I hope to update you again.

Just as Arcanum began to run with all his might away from the cave, the ground started to shake violently, and he whipped around to see what had happened. The upper edge of the entrance had started to fall in clumps down the stairs, the scary, determined faces of his unknown opponent and the pokémon accompanying him turned to horrified and hopeless as they realized they were going to be trapped under rubble at best and finished off completely at worst. It was only a glimpse, but Arcanum had a hard moment once the collapse was over where he realized, even if they deserved it, that he had contributed major harm and possibly death upon someone else and their pokémon... hopefully the Diglett would be fine in the collapsed cave. Arcanum was sure they would do alright, but he slumped, disappointed in his inability to help them keep their home safe and sound.

Letting out a sigh, Arcanum breathed heavily to catch his breath and began to walk off the stress of this picnic gone awry. So far... Arcanum thought to himself, I've been around the dead, died myself, and now I've possibly become a murderer... and yet, he didn't break down or cry. Quite a dark series of adventures for a pre-teen, but remembering his injured Sableye, Arcanum decides he should just get back down so he can get some medical assistance.

He feels a tugging against his sleeve and turns to see the Farfetch'd, emotionally showing that even though things didn't work out well, it was happy that Arcanum had done what he could. This made him feel a little better for the moment. The Farfetch'd brings up its wing to reveal it had been holding a Nugget and motioned for Arcanum to take it with him. Arcanum knelt down with one knee and accepted the gift, holding on to it instead of putting it directly in his backpack.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help, and I hope everything works out well. I need to go get help for Lucy, otherwise I would stay to see how I can help more or make sure everything is alright. Thanks for the gift, and take care of all the Mole pokémon for me"

And with an insincere, but well meant smile, Arcanum patted the Farfetch'd on the head and turned around towards where he had ascended to this altitude. It wasn't long before he broke in to a sprint, dashing off to civilization.

Thanks for picking up my adventure, even though I kinda cut out of the climactic battle there... >.<

Treepandaone
2nd August 2010, 10:32 PM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Giving Scuddles her orders, your dancing fossil bursts into action. She throws her tentacles forward, and a Pulse of Water bursts from them and knocks Houndoom to the floor. Growling as it picks itself up off the ground, Houndoom suddenly pounces at Scuddles and Bites her shell. Squealing in pain, she runs in circles before knocking it off with a Secret Power. Once again falling to the ground, Houndoom picks itself up and starts to Howl. Feeling shivers run down your spine as it does so, Scuddles pays no attention to the Howl and proceeds to throw a bunch of Poison Spikes at Houndoom. The demon deg yelps as it treads on the spikes, poisoning itself. Glaring at Scuddles, Houndoom leaps forward and bites down on the Omanyte's shell with a Thunder Fang. Once again squealing in pain, Scuddles starts to run around in circles again, trying to get Houndoom off her shell.

What will you do?

Sorry for the lateness ol' chap. Just so you know I renamed my team after old mythology, and Scuddles has now become Eir.

Scuddles was no more. After the re-naming of his team, only Eir stood tall. Named after the Norse Goddess of medical skill, Eir was strong, brave and a true warrior. After giving Eir her orders, Matthew sat back and admired the young fossil's efforts. From finding the small shelled Pokémon's rock while training underwater in the freezing cold lake next to his base. Remembering back, he thought about the amazing bravery of his Pokémon to band around and get him back up to the surface after his head began to feel light under the water's freezing temperature. It was not one of regret for Matthew, but one of joy in which he remembered the journey to the Pokémon fossil re-generator despite a hefty cost.

However, this time wasn't the time to be thinking of other rejuvenation that Matthew had been through to get his Fossil team up and running, but rather the opposite; the effort he was putting into getting another member of his team from a fossil to a living Pokémon. The skull fossils image implanted on his brain, Matthew watched on with determination to overcome the team rocket presence in order to get a new member.

Clenching his fists, Matthew considered shouting his emotions to encourage Eir, but decided not to after he remembered where he was; a team rocket ship. And how many of them would be in slightly too-large clothes fighting one of their own? Probably none. Watching on, he managed to keep his gob shut as the tentacle Pokémon managed to get off three attacks, taking some serious damage in the process.

As the round came to an end, Matthew saw that Houndoom was still connected onto Eir' shell and was reminded of the defense expert in his army team back before he left for the new land. The same team that was commissioned by his old master and former Team Rocket member; Lieutenant Surge.

“Eir, now is our time to shine” Matthew said in a firm voice, determined to keep his voice from being raised and arousing suspicion. “Use a Gyro Ball to get Houndoom off your shell and hit the dog once it's off your back. Then follow it up with a Secret Power and a Water Pulse.

PeeGee
4th August 2010, 8:45 AM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Eir hears your orders and bursts into action. She curls up and initiats her Gyro Ball. Spinning around, it doesn't take very long for Houndoom to release her from its jaw. As it shakes its head to try and alleviate the pain, your Omanyte continues her assault. She throws herself at the demon dog, her tentacles glowing with a Secret Power. She hits Houndoom, and the dog squeals in pain, retaliating by coughing out a cloud of Smog. Eir starts to cough as she inhales a little bit of the poisonous gas, and her skin turns a slight shade of purple. Eir ignores the poisoning for the time being and fires a Water Pulse at Houndoom. The attack slams Houndoom into the wall, and it slides to the ground unconscious. Level up for Eir Now that the Houndoom is down, you decide to leave the room, first making sure that there are no Rockets outside. Once you see that the coast is clear, you and Eir make your way out of the room and down the corridor. You continue down the corridor until you reach a pair of stairs. Quickly making your way down them, you end up in a giant basement, which has the missing piece just lying in a spare bench! It seems that something has finally gone you way, so that just raises one question.

What will you do?

Treepandaone
6th August 2010, 11:53 PM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Eir hears your orders and bursts into action. She curls up and initiats her Gyro Ball. Spinning around, it doesn't take very long for Houndoom to release her from its jaw. As it shakes its head to try and alleviate the pain, your Omanyte continues her assault. She throws herself at the demon dog, her tentacles glowing with a Secret Power. She hits Houndoom, and the dog squeals in pain, retaliating by coughing out a cloud of Smog. Eir starts to cough as she inhales a little bit of the poisonous gas, and her skin turns a slight shade of purple. Eir ignores the poisoning for the time being and fires a Water Pulse at Houndoom. The attack slams Houndoom into the wall, and it slides to the ground unconscious. Level up for Eir Now that the Houndoom is down, you decide to leave the room, first making sure that there are no Rockets outside. Once you see that the coast is clear, you and Eir make your way out of the room and down the corridor. You continue down the corridor until you reach a pair of stairs. Quickly making your way down them, you end up in a giant basement, which has the missing piece just lying in a spare bench! It seems that something has finally gone you way, so that just raises one question.

What will you do?

For reference, Eir has been raised to level 2.

As expected, it wasn't long before the fire/dark Pokémon had released its grip, the tough exterior of Eir's shell had been enough when combined with a Gyro Ball. As the devil dog slammed against the ground, Matthew watched on as Eir continued with her planned assault, giving the Houndoom a Secret Power to remember as it squealed in pain, lightly letting out a poisonous smog.

Matthew's eyes changed as he realized how hurt the Houndoom was, his campaign to knock out the Houndoom had left him in two minds. On one half, he still maintained the sympathy for the captured animal, having been trained in such a way that Team Rocket did, the Pokémon could have been used for good and been a Pokémon that brought happiness. Instead, it was this attacking dog that managed to almost kill him. As his mind twirled, Matthew covered his mouth with his sleeve as the smog dissipated, though only before Eir turned a nasty shade of purple, indicating that she had been poisoned.

Any sympathy soon wore thin as the status of his Pokémon changed. Fighting through, Matthew watched Eir shrug off the poison as it managed to create an orb of water, slamming it home against the weak dog as it hit the wall, sliding down to unconsciousness. As it did, however, the fossil managed to gain in strength, the Pokedex indicating it had gone up a level.

Matthew raised a fist but quickly stopped as he remembered the situation he was in. With a ship full of Team Rocket cronies outside, his chances of celebrating were cut short, so he decided to forgo them until he was back on shore. Remembering back to the Team Rocket grunt's directions, Matthew snuck back out the door, keeping a close eye out for more Team Rocket members.

Following said directions, Matthew managed to sneak down the coridor, Eir in tow as they made their way to the stairs. With one tentative footstep after another, Matthew made his way slowly down the stairs before finally ending up in a large basement. With the coast clear, Matthew rummaged through his pack before getting out a Lum Berry and a Pokéball. Feeding the berry to the Omanyte to cure the fossil of her poison, Matthew then returned her for a rest, having done enough already.

As he began to search around, Matthew noticed the missing piece of the machine, lying on a bench in plain sight. For once, things were going his way! Wrapping the piece up in his clothes and shoving it into his backpack, Matthew thought quick on his feet for a strategy out of trouble, before he had to take on the entire ship.

Unclasping three Pokéballs from his belt, Matthew held the three Pokémon in his hand, Sol the Togepi, Ares the Aerodactyl and Hera the Feebas. As he spoke, he saw the Feebas sparkle, the near evolution of the fish Pokémon instantly bringing an idea to his head as she became instrumental to his plan.

“Alright guys, here's the plan” he whispered to his Pokémon, “I'm going to get to the surface and throw Hera into the water, at which point she should evolve. I'll then jump down onto her and let Sol and Ares free. Once I've done that, I want a Hyperbeam from Sol and a Hyperbeam from Ares, aimed at the hull of the boat. I don't want Team Rocket getting away with anything.”

Thinking a bit harder, Matthew then decided that overkill was over-rated. “Feebas, I then want a Surf from you to capsize the boat and give us a boost back to the island. I'll be returning you two to your Pokéballs once you've completed your destruction of the boat” he finished, pointing at the Togepi and Aerodactyl. “OK? Let's go.”

PeeGee
4th September 2010, 5:48 AM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Taking a breath, you burst out of the basement. As you bolt down the corridor, the Rockets take notice of you and take chase. Realising that you are getting closer to the deck, you release Hera, holding her in you arms, and keep on running. You burst onto the deck, with the Rockets still following you and throw Hera over the railing. As the Feebas hits the water, she begins to glow white and her form changes. Her small roundish body elongates, and once the light dies down you see a beautiful Milotic. Deciding that it would probably be better to admire Hera's beauty later, you jump over the railing as well. Landing on your water type, you quickly open Ares and Sol's balls, the Togepi materialising in your lap and the Aerodactyl materialising in the air. Acting on the commands that you gave them earlier, Ares opens his mouth and fires out a Hyperbeam, while Sol waving his little arms, a Hyperbeam bursting from in front of the egg pokemon. The two beams of normal energy slammed into the ships side, leaving two giant holes in the side of the ship. As you return the two pokemon, you nod your head at Hera. The Milotic turns her back to the ship and swings her tail as hard as she can. This causes a giant wave to form, the force of the Surf causing the ship to capsize.

You let out a cheer of joy as you watch the boat sink before Hera takes you back to the island. Returning the Milotic, you quickly run back to the Lab, and pull out the missing part.

"You found it!" exclaims Professor Collins, "Now I can fix the machine!"

The prof takes the piece off you and hurries over to the machine, and with a bag of tools, starts to put the piece back into the machine. A little while later, Prof Collins calls you over.

"The machine is now complete, and ready for use," he says. "Now, I just need you to hand over your fossil, and I can get to work."

You pull the fossil out and hand it over to Prof Collins. The professor proceeds to open the top of the machine and places the fossil in the mostly hollow machine. Closing the top of the machine, he presses a button and it bursts into life. It starts to shake, and make loud whurring noises, noises that make you inch backwards a little bit. Soon the shaking and whurring noises die down, and the machine beeps.

"It's done," the prof tells you as he walks over to the machine. "So say hello to your brand new Cranidos."

Prof Collins opens the lid of the machine, and sitting where the fossil once was is a rock type pokemon that you had been waiting to get. Congratulations you have obtained a Lv 1 Male Cranidos As you look at Cranidos, there is a sudden explosion. Thrown to your feet, you manage to look up and see Team Rocket members surging through a newly opened hole in the lab's wall.

"There's that kid that destroyed the cargo ship!" yells a Rocket, pointing at you.

"How about a little payback?" sneers another Rocket.

Unable to stop the Rockets, they walk up to your prone body and effortlessly take your balls, and your pokedex. Seeing the distress in your eyes, the Rockets laugh before they leave the lab. As the last one leaves, you realise that the professor isn't with you anymore! Lifting your head up, you see that the only living things left in the lab are you and your Cranidos.

What will you do?

Cyprus
13th November 2010, 5:49 PM
Waterfall: A large waterfall cascading down the side of Mt. Infernus and into the Ignatius River before flowing out to sea. Many tourists and trainers love to bask in the sun by its banks which are much more pleasant to visit than the uninviting Shale Beach surrounding the island.

Cyprus trudged wearily through the landscape of Mt. Infernus, not used to such strenuous activity. He wished he'd brought one of those portable fans with him that were so popular during Summers in Jubilife City. Some of them even produced a fine mist you could spray on your face to keep you cool. As he stopped briefly to fantasize, he could almost feel the cool spray of water on his face, and as he breathed in, his lungs were met with the fresh-smelling scent of pure water surrounded by rich, green plant life. With his eyes still closed, he cocked an eyebrow up curiously.

The Trainer opened his eyes and took a few more steps until he got in view of the Waterfall. A breathtaking view, and it was well worth the trip. Cyprus wondered what kinds of Pokemon wandered around these parts, what kinds of sights there were to see, and most of all, if there was someplace with an air-conditioner or an ice cream shop nearby...

Sweating, Cyprus continued his trek towards the Waterfall, licking parched lips and grumbling about sore feet.

PeeGee
30th December 2010, 3:30 AM
Waterfall

Cyprus: After a long trip you have finally made it to the waterfall, the pristine water looking absolutely fabulous. You continue to walk, taking in the view around you. There are people lined up around the waterfall's banks, not a lot of people but still a decent amount. Several of the people have even got their pokemon out, several of the little monsters chasing after each other. Turning your attention over to the jungle around the banks, you hear the numerous calls of the inhabitants of the area.

"Excuse me mister?" calls a small voice.

You feel a tug on your pants and look down. There is a little girl holding onto your pants legs, her head only reaching halfway up your thigh. More importantly the girl looked lost and there was a panicked expression on her face. Seeing you looking down the little girl continues.

"Mister, I can't find my mummy or daddy!" she cried, tears forming in her eyes. "Can you please help me?"

What will you do?

Treepandaone
1st January 2011, 8:32 PM
Rocket's Ship

Treepandaone: Taking a breath, you burst out of the basement. As you bolt down the corridor, the Rockets take notice of you and take chase. Realising that you are getting closer to the deck, you release Hera, holding her in you arms, and keep on running. You burst onto the deck, with the Rockets still following you and throw Hera over the railing. As the Feebas hits the water, she begins to glow white and her form changes. Her small roundish body elongates, and once the light dies down you see a beautiful Milotic. Deciding that it would probably be better to admire Hera's beauty later, you jump over the railing as well. Landing on your water type, you quickly open Ares and Sol's balls, the Togepi materialising in your lap and the Aerodactyl materialising in the air. Acting on the commands that you gave them earlier, Ares opens his mouth and fires out a Hyperbeam, while Sol waving his little arms, a Hyperbeam bursting from in front of the egg pokemon. The two beams of normal energy slammed into the ships side, leaving two giant holes in the side of the ship. As you return the two pokemon, you nod your head at Hera. The Milotic turns her back to the ship and swings her tail as hard as she can. This causes a giant wave to form, the force of the Surf causing the ship to capsize.

You let out a cheer of joy as you watch the boat sink before Hera takes you back to the island. Returning the Milotic, you quickly run back to the Lab, and pull out the missing part.

"You found it!" exclaims Professor Collins, "Now I can fix the machine!"

The prof takes the piece off you and hurries over to the machine, and with a bag of tools, starts to put the piece back into the machine. A little while later, Prof Collins calls you over.

"The machine is now complete, and ready for use," he says. "Now, I just need you to hand over your fossil, and I can get to work."

You pull the fossil out and hand it over to Prof Collins. The professor proceeds to open the top of the machine and places the fossil in the mostly hollow machine. Closing the top of the machine, he presses a button and it bursts into life. It starts to shake, and make loud whurring noises, noises that make you inch backwards a little bit. Soon the shaking and whurring noises die down, and the machine beeps.

"It's done," the prof tells you as he walks over to the machine. "So say hello to your brand new Cranidos."

Prof Collins opens the lid of the machine, and sitting where the fossil once was is a rock type pokemon that you had been waiting to get. Congratulations you have obtained a Lv 1 Male Cranidos As you look at Cranidos, there is a sudden explosion. Thrown to your feet, you manage to look up and see Team Rocket members surging through a newly opened hole in the lab's wall.

"There's that kid that destroyed the cargo ship!" yells a Rocket, pointing at you.

"How about a little payback?" sneers another Rocket.

Unable to stop the Rockets, they walk up to your prone body and effortlessly take your balls, and your pokedex. Seeing the distress in your eyes, the Rockets laugh before they leave the lab. As the last one leaves, you realise that the professor isn't with you anymore! Lifting your head up, you see that the only living things left in the lab are you and your Cranidos.

What will you do?

His feet hammered off the cold dark iron; the sound echoing across the hall. His head was spinning but light, his mission focused upon and organised. Matthew was several steps outside the door before he dared to breath again, having his plan go well was crucial to getting off the Rocket ship and getting back to civilization. Inside, he knew that his plan was dangerous, risking his life to sink one of the Rocket ships wasn't the greatest idea he had ever had but nor was it the bravest. Having a history with Team Rocket, Matthew despised the crime organisation for what they had done to Vermillion and to many people around the world.

As he bolted down said corridor, he was noticed by several Rockets who, after some shouting and kerfuffle, gave chase. Despite the sound, this was far from being bad as the time the grunts spent trying to figure out what he was doing, the more time he had to gain a substantial advantage. Before he knew it Matthew was close to the edge, portside, as the deck shrunk to reveal a cast of blue ocean in its wake. Grabbing a silver Pokéball from his belt, Matthew threw forward, hoping to time the evolution perfectly as the Feebas flew through the air, glowing an extreme white as its scales disappearing, its brown colouration turning to cream and the blue highlights becoming red. The fish changed, growing longer than before the shape of the evolutionary Milotic formed, setting the Pokémon into the water.

Jumping off the railing, he found Milotic far more capable than her prevolution, the serpent catching him as he fell to avoid getting too wet. Opening up two more shiny silver coloured Pokéballs, Matthew was joined by more Pokémon. Sól laden in his arms while Ares flew in the sky. At the same time, their mouths grew orange before an explosion of light protruded from their bodies as the Hyperbeam tore through the boat's underside, the holes causing water to flood the bottom. The plan was working marvellously, Matthew saw the Rockets chasing him wobble as the ship shook from side to side; Milotic taking advantage as a surf wave crashed into the side of it, sending it down into the depths of the sea, further than the Rocket's reach and out of their thieving way.

Cheering, he hastily returned to the island; setting foot on its sandy beaches. Feeling rather smug and arrogant, he set off for the laboratory, withdrawing Milotic into its Premier ball as he trekked back to the origin of his visit, missing part in hand. Withdrawing the piece to show the professor, he was taken about by his enthusiasm.

“You found it” he exclaimed “Now I can fix the machine!” Scrambling back to his machines, the professor called Matthew over. Matthew followed, noticing the prof working maniacally with tools, screwing bolts and hammering pieces back into place.

“The machine is now complete, and ready for use” he said, Matthew's smile growing with every word. “Now, all you need to do is hand over the fossil and I can get to work”.

Searching back into his bag, Matthew withdrew the heavy skull fossil; the weight feeling much better of his sholder, having carried it round for what seemed like forever. He recalled its origin as he remembered Odin's bravery and the team's hard working attitude saved the region from tyranny. Placing the fossil in the now open machine, Matthew stepped back from the hollow machinery, allowing the professor to pres a button.

The machine started off slow; causing a bit of noise before a crescendo started, pushing the machine into a state of mechanical frenzy; producing noises that made Matthew inch further and further away, more and more as it began to slow and stutter. Soon after the shaking, the whurring dieing down and the machine beeping.

“It's done. Say hello to your new Cranidos” the professor chimed, revealing the Jurassic skull-head Pokémon in its wake. Grinning, Matthew stepped forward to greet it before he felt something in his back. A shock wave. He knew his feeling all too well. It happened during his past but more-so in the realm of Fizzy Bubbles. That said, it didn't hurt less, but probably more. Thrown from his feet, Matthew fell on his back; laying in pain, squinting as he saw figures burst through the hole in the wall.

“That kid destroyed the cargo ship” “How about a little payback” they jeered. As they moved, he attempted to move but found himself unable, the strength from his body having left him. They walked towards him, removing the Pokéball from his bag and taking his Pokémon. As they left, he found himself without the presence of the professor. Lifting his head, Matthew found himself alone with the Cranidos he had previously resurected.

“Well it's just me and you then” Matthew said as he addressed the Cranidos as if it were already one of his own. He looked around before seeing the hole in the wall; sure to find his Pokémon and re-unite them with him. Walking out of the hole, he examined the ground, finding no clue s to where they could be. “Let's go North then shall we?”

PeeGee
5th January 2011, 3:05 AM
Research Lab

Treepandaone: The stone dinosaur looks at you with curiosity, the world he was in a lot different from the world that he used to be in. Realising that he has sort of zoned out noticing what the world around him is like, Cranidos shakes his head and walks after you. You step out of the laboratory, and start heading north, the Rocket's starting to get really annoying. As you walk along a path that went off from the Lab, you are a little more cautious and nervous than you had been before, more likely that not due to the Rockets attacking and stealing all your pokemon and kidnapping the professor. Suddenly there is a a snap behind you, and you immediately turn around, ready to fight. Instead of seeing something akin to a Rocket, you see Cranidos munching on a twig that he had broken off a tree branch. The munching pokemon stares at you for a couple of seconds before he stops eating and innocently spits the twig out. As you continue to walk, you find the path diverting into a little sand path. It appears that you can either take this path, or you could continue along the road.

What will you do?

Treepandaone
7th January 2011, 12:39 AM
Research Lab

Treepandaone: The stone dinosaur looks at you with curiosity, the world he was in a lot different from the world that he used to be in. Realising that he has sort of zoned out noticing what the world around him is like, Cranidos shakes his head and walks after you. You step out of the laboratory, and start heading north, the Rocket's starting to get really annoying. As you walk along a path that went off from the Lab, you are a little more cautious and nervous than you had been before, more likely that not due to the Rockets attacking and stealing all your pokemon and kidnapping the professor. Suddenly there is a a snap behind you, and you immediately turn around, ready to fight. Instead of seeing something akin to a Rocket, you see Cranidos munching on a twig that he had broken off a tree branch. The munching pokemon stares at you for a couple of seconds before he stops eating and innocently spits the twig out. As you continue to walk, you find the path diverting into a little sand path. It appears that you can either take this path, or you could continue along the road.

What will you do?

It had been a while since Matthew had revived a fossil back to the earth so he had forgotten about the transitional period while they get used to the time period. It was not an emotion that Matthew had forgotten, however, as his mind remembered the various emotions that some of his comrades had expressed he couldn't help but refresh the anger that Aerodactyl had expressed. Being the first of his fossil Pok&#233;mon Matthew decided to call him Ares after the Greek God of war following his anger. It had taken nearly all of his Pok&#233;mon at once to stop the Aerodactyl destroying his base and caused him to rebuilt much tree-top house.

Seeing the Cranidos shake back into life after zoning out, Matthew stepped out of the laboratory, brushing past the explosion hole and leaving the wreckage behind him. Opening his Pok&#233;dex he turned on the compass and map application, heading North to follow the path of the Rocket members. Cursing the Rocket gang as he went, Matthew began to move a little more cautiously, checking his corners like a SWAT members, keeping an eye out for any sudden movements. In his mind he knew it was stupid; if the Rocket members wanted to kill him they'd have done it at the laboratory but he wanted to be safe.

Suddenly Matthew heard a snap behind him. Turning round to face his assailant Matthew found himself face to face with Cranidos, the small Pachycephalosaurus chewing on a twig loudly. The dinosaur continued munching until it noticing that he was being stared at; spitting the twig out innocently like a cartoon character. Matthew face creased up as he tried to stay angry, unable at the hilarity of the Cranidos' innocence.

Matthew continued to the path, pondering where the Rockets could have taken his Pok&#233;mon and the professor. Looking around, Matthew noticed he had wandered too far and had found another path, sandy in nature, leading off from the main path he was following. Deciding that fate had obviously struck it's course he continued down the sandy path, worrying over the professor while Cranidos followed, blissfully unaware of any such problem.

CyberBlastoise
10th January 2011, 2:17 AM
Cortoza
The Volcanic Island

Floating serenely in the middle of the ocean, Cortoza is a secluded land mass which was once a beautiful and highly populated tropical island. Two hundred years ago a powerful oceanic earthquake resulted in a chain reaction of death and destruction as Cortoza's active volcanic mountains erupted in a series of cataclysmic explosions that churned out a spectacular display of ash, rock, and molten lava, and finally ending with Mt Fumi's stupendous paroxysmal eruption. All of Cortoza's vegetation was destroyed, while humans and Pokémon not fast enough to flee perished in the resulting destruction as the western end of the island collapsed beneath the sea, generating a series of devastating pyroclastic flows and immense tsunamis that ravaged adjacent coastlines. The events of that day marked the last 24 hours on earth for over 50,000 people and 300,000 Pokémon, as the wave of destruction flowed across hundreds of coastal villages and towns. For the next hundred years nobody dared approach the island due to the constant seismic activity and mini eruptions, but for the past several decades all has been quiet. Pokémon have returned, and with very few people drawn to the volcanic island, wildlife has been given the chance to thrive. Although wary, people are also beginning to venture to Cortoza again, some of the more opportunistic seeing this land as their chance to strike it rich due to its fast-booming tourism industry. Most are curious though, as the island has shown amazing regenerative qualities, and many are eager to explore and to witness the miraculous regrowth for themselves. The tropical jungle is flourishing once more, Pokémon have returned, and as far as everyone is aware most of Cortoza's volcanoes have been laying dormant for almost one hundred years.

Mt. Pele
From afar, this mountain appears to resemble a woman whom the Cortozans believe to be the Goddess of fire, lightning, dance, volcanoes, and violence. Pele was, and still is, both revered and feared by the native inhabitants of Cortoza as they firmly believe the only way to avoid utter destruction of their land is to pay homage to her. With Mt. Pele having been the first to erupt two hundred years ago, many believe their Goddess was unhappy with her subjects, and that she had exacted her punishment upon them for having ignored their faith in her. Those who survived the initial destruction two centuries ago were sure to pass on the story of Pele to their children so that her legend was sure to live on. Today, the descendants of Cortoza's survivors hold daily rituals and monthly festivals to keep their Goddess happy in the hope she'll never destroy their homes again.

Areas:
Pele's Ruins: The ruins of a thousand year old temple built in Pele's honour. Descendants of Cortoza's survivors steer clear of these ruins as they believe they have been cursed by Pele herself, and have instead built another temple in which to worship their Goddess. The Ruins have become a popular tourist attraction for visitors to the island however, a fact which makes the natives rather uneasy.


Bill had traveled to these ruins that he had read about. Mt. Pele's description had appealed to him because of various things, perhaps the biggest was because of his recent adventure, but that was another story. Of course, he did not want to go straight to the new temple, as he felt that this would especially upset the natives of Cortoza, seeing that he did not have a sacrifice to give. Instead, he decided to go to the ruined temple that the Cortozans try to keep away, and it was a tourist attraction, too, so he might stop by the gift shop later. Upon arriving to the ruins, a small crowd was already there, but at least he could easily access the temple. He started to wonder if it was such a good idea to arrive there, but he still wanted to at least look around the temple, and something like this would definitely have a lot of mysterious passages and whatnot. That, or he had been watching too much Indiana Jones.

The trainer had approached the entrance of the ruins, ready to explore the ancient mysteries of the past, like how the ancients lived and worshipped back in the day. He thought about what and how the temple would be constructed to survive the cataclysm that happened in Cortoza, as he stepped through the doors, or rather the doorway.

Stark
10th January 2011, 11:09 PM
Cortoza
The Volcanic Island

The Island
The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

Crystal Resort: A comfortable and modern resort built on the edge of Lake Tyr for the tourists who are now frequenting Cortoza.


Cortoza. A tropical paradise. Or at least that's how Stark had interpreted the brochure. Short stops at creepy amusement park island and an even creepier castle in Riviera had created a longing for some nice relaxing sightseeing. Sure his time in Talos had been nice. He had even made some friends while there. Granted he had to rescue them from an out of control Gengar to do it, but in the end everything worked out. What Cortoza had in store for him, he had no idea. What he did know was that it was going to be fun. A chance for himself and his pokémon to get out and see the world of Fizzy Bubbles once more.

The trip to the island had been a long one, even by boat. He had spent his time looking over the various landmarks of the island. Specifically the four mountains that seemed to make up it's geography. Each mountain while sharing a similar origin had a unique culture spring up around it. From the religious beliefs of Mt. Pele to the falls of Mt. Infernus. There were many adventures waiting to be had upon the island. One just had to decide where they wanted to go.

The black sands of the beach were not exactly the welcome postcard moment he had hoped for, but he was here to sit on the beach. At least he hadn't planned on doing that. Or at least much of that. There was too much to see to waste time playing in the ocean and frolicking around in the sand all day.

With the help of his pokémon he had managed to not get lost and as evening drew closer he had finally reached Lake Tyr and his eventual destination. Crystal Resort. The modern buildings blending with the natural scenery in a strange inviting way. With a smile on his face, Stark made his way toward the main building taking time to let all the sights sink in. If nothing else, then to at least know where things were. Like how to get down to the lake or where to go to get a bite to eat. He had already begun to feel relaxed just being in the environment. There was something soothing about being at a resort like this. If he was lucky, he might even find someone local who had some ideas of what the places on the island were to visit.

Eventually, he managed to find the lobby of the resort and proceeded to the desk to check in. The sooner he found his room and settled in, the sooner he could release his pokémon and feed them. They had been cooped up far too much for his liking during their trip and like him, they could use a little rest and relaxation after the months of solitary training they had been going through. Stark stopped at the main desk and in a friendly demeanor said, "Hi. I'm looking to get a room for a night or more. I'm not exactly sure how long, I kind of want to do a lot of sightseeing, so really if you have any suggestions or know someone I could talk to that would be willing to guide me while I'm here, I'd appreciate it."

PeeGee
17th January 2011, 6:20 AM
Cortoza
The Volcanic Island

Floating serenely in the middle of the ocean, Cortoza is a secluded land mass which was once a beautiful and highly populated tropical island. Two hundred years ago a powerful oceanic earthquake resulted in a chain reaction of death and destruction as Cortoza's active volcanic mountains erupted in a series of cataclysmic explosions that churned out a spectacular display of ash, rock, and molten lava, and finally ending with Mt Fumi's stupendous paroxysmal eruption. All of Cortoza's vegetation was destroyed, while humans and Pokémon not fast enough to flee perished in the resulting destruction as the western end of the island collapsed beneath the sea, generating a series of devastating pyroclastic flows and immense tsunamis that ravaged adjacent coastlines. The events of that day marked the last 24 hours on earth for over 50,000 people and 300,000 Pokémon, as the wave of destruction flowed across hundreds of coastal villages and towns. For the next hundred years nobody dared approach the island due to the constant seismic activity and mini eruptions, but for the past several decades all has been quiet. Pokémon have returned, and with very few people drawn to the volcanic island, wildlife has been given the chance to thrive. Although wary, people are also beginning to venture to Cortoza again, some of the more opportunistic seeing this land as their chance to strike it rich due to its fast-booming tourism industry. Most are curious though, as the island has shown amazing regenerative qualities, and many are eager to explore and to witness the miraculous regrowth for themselves. The tropical jungle is flourishing once more, Pokémon have returned, and as far as everyone is aware most of Cortoza's volcanoes have been laying dormant for almost one hundred years.



The Island
The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

Areas:
Shale Beach: Shale Beach stretches around the outskirts of the island itself. Its sand is gritty and black, not at all the postcard picture you want to be sending home.

Ignatius River: Flowing from the base of Mt. Infernus and winding throughout the island before eventually flowing into the sea, the Ignatius River is a popular destination for travellers who wish to picnic by its banks, or take a dip after a long day of hiking. Many wild Pokémon can be found wandering around here, and most are rather friendly as they've become accustomed to seeing humans wandering along the shore.

Garland Basin: A large basin near Mt. Ceniza where many varieties of herbs grow. A large number of natural hot springs are found here, making it a popular tourist attraction. The effects of the herbs in the warm spring water can have various effects, some very soothing.

Lake Tyr: A freshwater lake situated roughly halfway between Mt. Pele and Mt. Fumi, Lake Tyr covers an area of about 2.4 square kilometres and is over 220 meters deep. The water is a beautiful, sapphire blue, and is always quite warm due to volcanic activity beneath the island. Many people are drawn here for the spectacular scenery, but also to take a refreshing dip after spending a long day trekking across the island. What most don't tend to realise is that Lake Tyr is sitting right on top of an active oceanic volcano.

Crystal Resort: A comfortable and modern resort built on the edge of Lake Tyr for the tourists who are now frequenting Cortoza.

Research Lab: A division of Volcanity Inc., this scientific team has set up equipment at several locations across the island in order to study the geological effects of past eruptions on the current environment, as well as to track any current seismic activity. Sometimes they can use some help, so if you offer your services you may be able to take on a job.



Mt. Pele
From afar, this mountain appears to resemble a woman whom the Cortozans believe to be the Goddess of fire, lightning, dance, volcanoes, and violence. Pele was, and still is, both revered and feared by the native inhabitants of Cortoza as they firmly believe the only way to avoid utter destruction of their land is to pay homage to her. With Mt. Pele having been the first to erupt two hundred years ago, many believe their Goddess was unhappy with her subjects, and that she had exacted her punishment upon them for having ignored their faith in her. Those who survived the initial destruction two centuries ago were sure to pass on the story of Pele to their children so that her legend was sure to live on. Today, the descendants of Cortoza's survivors hold daily rituals and monthly festivals to keep their Goddess happy in the hope she'll never destroy their homes again.

Areas:
Pele's Ruins: The ruins of a thousand year old temple built in Pele's honour. Descendants of Cortoza's survivors steer clear of these ruins as they believe they have been cursed by Pele herself, and have instead built another temple in which to worship their Goddess. The Ruins have become a popular tourist attraction for visitors to the island however, a fact which makes the natives rather uneasy.

Pele's Temple: Built by the descendants of Cortoza's survivors as a place of worship for their beloved Goddess, this pure white marble temple is a work of art. Etchings, paintings, and sculptures depict the Cortozan Goddess in all of her flaming beauty, and those who enter the temple are expected to leave an offering in order to keep Pele happy.

Pele's Shrine: Half-way up the mountainside is another monument built in Pele's honour, this sacred shrine's centrepiece none other than a sacrificial altar surrounded by flaming torches. Chanting can be heard at night, drifting across the island, but it's the blood-curdling screams that can be heard emanating from here under the light of a full moon that keep tourists and trainers away when the sun begins to set.

Pele's Cavern: About two-thirds of the way up the mountainside is an enormous cavern dedicated to Pele. Molten lava pits dot the floor, the humidity so intense that only the hardiest of fire types can withstand the extreme temperatures. Trainers will need plenty of water if they wish to enter as no human can stand the heat for more than a few minutes at a time. Cortozans believe that winning a battle here will impress their Goddess who will bestow them with good fortune after proving they are worthy of her faith, and will often challenge strong trainers to a battle.

Fire Pit: Believed to be the home of Pele, the crater's magma-filled centre is well protected. Cortozan natives are afraid that tourists and trainers will not show their deity the respect she deserves and will stop at nothing to ensure nobody reaches Mt. Pele's summit.



Mt. Fumi
The largest and most volatile of Cortoza's volcano's, Mt. Fumi tends to strike most who see it with feelings of awe and fear. Towering over the other mountains, Mt. Fumi is an impressive sight, but is also home to some of the most dangerous Pokémon who tend to dwell higher up on the mountainside in order to avoid the sudden influx of trainers who are frequenting the island. If you plan on taking a hike up this mountain, you'll want a powerful team by your side.

Areas:
Terraki Village: One of many villages destroyed by the eruption two hundred years ago. Recently, the descendants of those who once dwelt here have returned to lay claim to their ancestral land.

Fumi's Walk: A long and winding trail that twists around the volcano. If you think you have the stamina to make your way to Mt. Fumi's summit you can certainly give it a try, but beware, the trail is unstable and the Pokémon along here do not like intruders.

Open Plain: A wide plateau near the mountaintop. Many travellers like to picnic here and challenge each other to a friendly battle. The views are amazing, but sometimes wild Pokémon who don't like people trespassing upon their territory are prone to emerge from the caverns dotting the mountainside to attack and scare people off. Be prepared for more than a little sightseeing if you venture this far up the mountain.

Mt Fumi Peak: The hottest of all places, deadly fire Pokémon breach the edges of the volcano making the heat almost as intense as the lava inside. If you manage to make it to the top, bring a lot of water - you'll need it.

Volcanic Crater: Inside of Mt. Fumi is the volcano's crater. It is hot, steamy and full of lava. While the volcano has been dormant for almost one hundred years the island is occasionally racked with powerful tremors, an indication of the fact that this thing is preparing for another mind-blowing explosion. It is rumoured that immediately after one of these tremors, some of the strongest fire and lava Pokémon appear.
- Sub-Area:
- The Lava Pit: A battle arena suspended over the lava where Fire Pokémon battle each other in tournament-esque matches for a prize and the glory of being crowned the champion. Trainers with Fire Pokémon often find themselves here because of their Pokémon's lust for battle and eagerness to prove themselves against other fire types. Legend has it that the king of Fire Pokémon presents the prize and crowns each new champion personally...



Mt. Ceniza
Always grey, Mt. Ceniza is constantly coated in a thin layer of ash. An active volcano, she doesn't appear to be on the verge of eruption - not any time soon, anyway - but her constant rumbling can be felt by those who travel near. This mountain has become a tourist attraction, particularly for those interested in collecting ash, though the tremors felt do tend to keep the more nervous travellers away.

Areas:
Cinder Village: A small village at the base of Mt. Ceniza built around a murky hot spring. Its inhabitants believe the ash filled water will cure any ailment for human and Pokémon alike.

Caliente Trail: A path leading up the mountain that is always covered in ash. Not many Pokémon find the living conditions on Mt. Ceniza to be very pleasant, but those who do seem to enjoy their surroundings. Some are more friendly than others, so don't be too quick to befriend wild Pokémon seen along here or you may be in for more than you'd bargained for.

Granite Tunnel: A maze-like tunnel leading up through the inner mountain. Steps have been carved into the rocks so that people can make their way to several different locations of the mountainside in order to bypass the falling ash. A preferable choice for those who prefer to stay clean, but it can get quite warm in here so be sure to bring along a good supply of water. Falling rubble can pose a problem, however, during Mt. Ceniza's stronger tremors so you'll need your wits about you at all times.

Rest House: An old man living on the mountain is the only person to have returned to Cortoza decades before any other human dared to venture back to the island. He's a little strange after having lived so long on his own, but is a very friendly fellow indeed. He enjoys the company of trainers, and will open his home to anyone in need of food and a place to sleep. He makes remarkable glass sculptures from the ash he collects, and if you do him a favour you may just find yourself leaving with a unique souvenir.

Ceniza Summit: Definitely not the safest place to roam. The light stream of ash emitting from its crater is very hot upon emerging from the depths of the volcano, though it cools rapidly upon coming into contact with the air. If you're unfortunate enough to be wandering about here during one of Ceniza's 'bursts' of activity, you're going to need to take cover, and fast! The land up here is fairly barren, the trees long since dead, though the odd patches of hardy plant life scattered across the summit are a pleasant sight to behold. Most of the Pokémon who reside up here dwell in caves and aren't too friendly when approached, so if you do plan on travelling here you'll need to have the ability the think quickly and decisively when dangerous situations arise.



Mt. Infernus
The second largest of Cortoza's mountains, Mt. Infernus is now extinct. Many Pokémon have made their homes within the vast network of tunnels and caverns deep within the mountain, and aren't all that accustomed to seeing people. It's become the primary breeding ground for many of the rarer Pokémon who tend to shy away from humans, and due to the protective nature of the parent Pokémon, quite a hazardous area to traverse.

Areas:
Waterfall: A large waterfall cascading down the side of Mt. Infernus and into the Ignatius River before flowing out to sea. Many tourists and trainers love to bask in the sun by its banks which are much more pleasant to visit than the uninviting Shale Beach surrounding the island.

Scenic Walk: A long path comprised of slopes and stairs leading up and around the mountainside. With Mt. Infernus being an extinct volcano and Cortoza's second tallest mountain, most tourists feel more comfortable sightseeing from here. The views are spectacular, and there are several campsites manned my Cortozan natives who will provide food and shelter for weary travellers.

Totem Village: A tribal village situated upon a mesa on the mountainside which is surrounded by totem poles depicting various Cortozan Gods. The villagers are extremely friendly and always happy to engage in friendly battles with trainers looking to prove themselves upon any of the cleverly designed battle arenas created by the villagers.

Mountain Peak: A sanctuary for wild Pokémon who live amidst the lush trees found upon the mountaintop. Very few trainers have the stamina to make it all the way up here, so the Pokémon who dwell in the area have thrived in this environment. Many freshwater pools dot the landscape, but beware of the fast flowing river that leads to the edge of the waterfall cascading into the river below as no safety rails have been built to keep curious trainers and Pokémon away from the long drop over the mountainside.

The Rock Pool: Deep, deep, deep, within the bowels of Mt. Infernus there is rumoured to be a secluded water-filled chamber where extremely rare and ancient Pokémon dwell. Some even say that Pokémon have mutated over the centuries to create new breeds, never before seen in the land of Fizzy Bubbles. This has never been confirmed or denied, as those who have stumbled across this chamber have never been able to defeat the Pokémon they've encountered, let alone capture them. When told to bring proof of their existence, those who have tried to return to the chamber have never been able to find it again. Who knows? If you're lucky, you may just stumble across it...

PeeGee
17th January 2011, 6:23 AM
Welcome one and all to my zone, where I have a few rules. Reply in size one and in Dark Red, please and thank you.

The following are in the zone (Cap of 5):

- Treepandaone
- Cyprus
- CyberBlastoise
- Stark

Expect replies up sometime in the near future.

PeeGee
17th January 2011, 6:48 AM
Reposting for Cyprus
Waterfall

Cyprus: After a long trip you have finally made it to the waterfall, the pristine water looking absolutely fabulous. You continue to walk, taking in the view around you. There are people lined up around the waterfall's banks, not a lot of people but still a decent amount. Several of the people have even got their pokemon out, several of the little monsters chasing after each other. Turning your attention over to the jungle around the banks, you hear the numerous calls of the inhabitants of the area.

"Excuse me mister?" calls a small voice.

You feel a tug on your pants and look down. There is a little girl holding onto your pants legs, her head only reaching halfway up your thigh. More importantly the girl looked lost and there was a panicked expression on her face. Seeing you looking down the little girl continues.

"Mister, I can't find my mummy or daddy!" she cried, tears forming in her eyes. "Can you please help me?"

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99
17th January 2011, 11:31 AM
The Island
The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

Areas:
Lake Tyr: A freshwater lake situated roughly halfway between Mt. Pele and Mt. Fumi, Lake Tyr covers an area of about 2.4 square kilometres and is over 220 meters deep. The water is a beautiful, sapphire blue, and is always quite warm due to volcanic activity beneath the island. Many people are drawn here for the spectacular scenery, but also to take a refreshing dip after spending a long day trekking across the island. What most don't tend to realise is that Lake Tyr is sitting right on top of an active oceanic volcano.

Alicia wiped her sweaty hair out of her face, her irritation growing exponentially with the humidity of the jungle. Her plain top clung stubbornly to her skin, doing nothing to ease the irritation. Only her Ekans seemed unaffected by the tropical heat; the snake was currently coiled lazily around her right arm and winding himself around her neck.

"Stop it, Shade," the brunette trainer snapped half-heartedly. Said Ekans flicked out his forked tongue in apathy before resting his head (and fangs), quite deliberately, on her throat. He hadn't done anything truly malicious - yet - but he had a very sadistic streak and knew how to make his trainer uncomfortable.

She poked her Ekans away from her throat. "Alright, then. Just don't wrap yourself too tight."

Her steady footsteps continued, if slightly slower. The brunette trainer had been walking through the rainforest for at least an hour already with nothing to show for it. ...Where was she, anyway? She squinted at the dense, leafy canopy, but she couldn't see beyond it. A mosquito buzzed next to her ear. Alicia slapped it away, but it buzzed back towards her again, as if taunting her. The purple snake lay, like a dead weight, on both shoulders.

"That is it," she growled. "I am getting out of here and into the next hot spring I can find."

She whipped out her Pokédex and hit "search" for the nearest landmark. The Pokédex bleeped mechanically back at her. Lake Tyr, it read. ...Good enough. Checking the compass, Alicia set off again at a brisk pace.

PeeGee
18th January 2011, 8:26 AM
Sandy Path

Treepandaone:Deciding that you would rather go on the sandy path than the road, you start to walk along it, your naive little dinosaur following you. As you continue to walk, you heard a car gunning down the road, and realise that you could have been hit by the vehicle if you had decided to stay on the paved road. Pushing the thought out of you mind, you continue to walk, determined to find the Rockets and get your pokemon back. Soon you have walked the length of the path and find yourself back at the beach, the same beach that the Rockets had been at before. Walking onto the beach, Cranidos lets out a cry and starts to run, which wouldn't really be a problem if it weren't for the fact that he was running away from you. You let out a sigh and run after him, the sand crunching under your feet. Cranidos suddenly stops running, something in front of him peaking his interest. Catching up to him, you soon see why he stopped his running. Laying on the ground was the professor! He was gagged and bound, and looked to be unconscious. You move forward and suddenly a Golbat swoops down from the sky and lands in front of the professor. Realising that the pokemon is a Rocket pokemon, you know that it must be beaten before you can get to the professor.

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

CyberBlastoise: You step into the ruins, wondering what they were like back when they weren't dilapidated and ruined. You walk through the ruins, marveling at the parts of the structure that has stood the test of time and at how the structure was put in place. Continuing to wander around the ruins, your foot suddenly catches on something and you find yourself propelled forwards into the ground. Picking yourself up, you look to see what it was that tripped you over. Turning and looking, you see the corner of something luminous sticking up out of the ground. Looking at it curiously you dig around it a little bit, and it pops out of the ground with relative ease. It is a tablet, about the size of a medium sized book, and it is covered in strange hieroglyphs, and some of them do look a little like pokemon.

"Hey you!"

You turn around and see a middle aged man running up to you.

"What do you think you are doing with that?" he asked, glaring at you. "How dare you steal the sacred tablet of Pele! Go Pidgeotto, use Wing Attack."

What will you do?

Crystal Resort

Stark: "Ah okay then sir," says the attendant, "Just let me type up your details so that I can book you a room."

As he does that, you take a quick glance around the room, and a blur of white and blue darts across the room. Doing a double take, you rub your eyes in disbelief, and when you look again you can't see anything blue and white. Deciding that it must have been your imagination you turn back to the attendant who has finished registering you into the Resort's databank.

"Sir, unfortunately all our rooms are full at the moment, however if you come back in about two hours some of our visitors shall have signed out and then I can put you in a room," said the man, "So until then Julian over there will tell you everything you need and want to know about the Crystal Resort."

He points to a muscular man in the middle of the room.

What will you do?

Lake Tyr

Atlantis_kid99: Finally reaching your destination, you let out a breath of amazement, the lake being even more beautiful than you could have imagined. Another thing you notice is the multitude of people who are currently in the lake, your guess at the number of people being a high two digit number. Nevertheless you are happy to be here, though with your Ekans sitting like a heavy weight on your shoulders you do need to find a place to sit soon. Finding a shady spot near the lake, you are quick to dump the snake, no matter how much he wants to stay on your shoulders. Stretching your shoulder muscles, you take a look around to see what was happening at the lake. Apart from people swimming there is a small group of people who are having some fun battling. You could go for a swim, or perhaps the group would allow you to join in on some battling.

What will you do?

atlantis_kid99
18th January 2011, 9:49 AM
Lake Tyr

Atlantis_kid99: Finally reaching your destination, you let out a breath of amazement, the lake being even more beautiful than you could have imagined. Another thing you notice is the multitude of people who are currently in the lake, your guess at the number of people being a high two digit number. Nevertheless you are happy to be here, though with your Ekans sitting like a heavy weight on your shoulders you do need to find a place to sit soon. Finding a shady spot near the lake, you are quick to dump the snake, no matter how much he wants to stay on your shoulders. Stretching your shoulder muscles, you take a look around to see what was happening at the lake. Apart from people swimming there is a small group of people who are having some fun battling. You could go for a swim, or perhaps the group would allow you to join in on some battling.

What will you do?

The second Alicia spotted the lake, she broke out into a wide grin. Finally, she could cool off and relax! She found a spot of shade near the lake and subsequently dumped the Ekans, all too happily, onto the ground (he was not pleased). The trainer kneaded her own shoulder muscles with a happy sigh before she walked to the water's edge and splashed water onto her sweaty face. The water was far warmer than she would have liked, but refreshing all the same.

Alicia returned to the spot of shade she'd reserved for herself. Shade had since slithered away and started sunbathing; at her return, he hissed angrily and pointedly looked away. "Fine, be that way," she muttered. It was childish of her but really, the Ekans was more trouble than he was worth (and that was saying a lot, considering how she felt about all her Pokémon).

She lay down and simply relaxed. The view was gorgeous and the atmosphere pleasant. Eventually, her eyes closed and she dozed lightly for a while.

Until Shade bit her.

"Ow!" screeched Alicia. Yellow eyes stared back at her; his head swayed as if in amusement. "And why, exactly, did you do that?"

His answer came in the form of a bobbed head and a flick of his forked tongue. "...Oh. Sure, why not. Shade, the next time you want to wake me up, just poke me or something. Biting is a big no." Nursing the shallow wound on her forearm, Alicia stood up and made her way over to a group of trainers who were conducting friendly Pokémon battles. Her Ekans slithered along behind her.

"Hey! Do you mind if I join in?"

Treepandaone
19th January 2011, 2:19 PM
Sandy Path

Treepandaone:Deciding that you would rather go on the sandy path than the road, you start to walk along it, your naive little dinosaur following you. As you continue to walk, you heard a car gunning down the road, and realise that you could have been hit by the vehicle if you had decided to stay on the paved road. Pushing the thought out of you mind, you continue to walk, determined to find the Rockets and get your pokemon back. Soon you have walked the length of the path and find yourself back at the beach, the same beach that the Rockets had been at before. Walking onto the beach, Cranidos lets out a cry and starts to run, which wouldn't really be a problem if it weren't for the fact that he was running away from you. You let out a sigh and run after him, the sand crunching under your feet. Cranidos suddenly stops running, something in front of him peaking his interest. Catching up to him, you soon see why he stopped his running. Laying on the ground was the professor! He was gagged and bound, and looked to be unconscious. You move forward and suddenly a Golbat swoops down from the sky and lands in front of the professor. Realising that the pokemon is a Rocket pokemon, you know that it must be beaten before you can get to the professor.

What will you do?

Pebbles crunched underfoot as Matthew made his way onto the path; straying from the road to make haste in search of the Rocket gang which had stolen his Pokémon. Semi-oblivious dinosaur in tow, Matthew ushered the Crandios from the road as he decided to take the path back towards the sea, hoping inside for a breakthrough.

Moments after choosing his path, Matthew heard a loud noise as he turned, his eyes thankful as to his brain as he saw a car gunning down the road at a dangerous speed as he realized he could have been hit by the neglectful driver. His mind washed with thoughts of why the driver was going so fast; What was behind him to make him do that? Shaking it off, Matthew moved further down the path, recognizing the various trees and noticeable stones on the way that he had passed coming up the strip, re-tracing his steps in hoping to find something substantial.

Making his way onto the beach, Matthew sighed as he saw nothing in the vicinity, the lack of any real clues to where he should go troubling his mind as he looked around, hoping for a clue to something or anything. Crouching down to examine the grains of rock, Matthew's thought pattern was soon interrupted by the Cranidos at his side, letting out a cry as it began to run off in another direction.

“Hey come back!” he shouted, standing upright as he set off after the rock-types. Probably just seen a damn Krabby he thought to himself, his initial reaction to the dinosaur was one of patience, but with the elongated time without his Pokémon, it was running thin.

Cranidos' feet spread on the sand, the trio-clawed foot expanding on the soft material similar to a camel, giving it a distinct advantage to stay level and run faster than Matthew could. His feet slipped in the sand, pushing up grains and sending them flying behind him with some entering his shoes.

With the Craidos stopping, Matthew found himself almost sliding into the back of him, the lack of a grip on the soft sands meant he needed a fair space to come to a dead halt. Finally putting a hand on his dinosaur comrade to hold it still, Matthew noticed it looking at something, its interest peaked. Tilting his head, Matthew took a few moments before realizing that it was the professor, bound and gagged on the floor of the beach.

Moving forwards in hope of freeing the scientists, a shadow loomed overhead as it covered part of the sand, sending a chill down Matthew's spine. Realising that he wasn't the only one who wanted the professor, Matthew sneered at the Team Rocket Golbat, though his mind wondered where it's master was.

Matthew looked down to his new-found comrade and then back up to the Golbat. With no bag, Matthew found himself out of his comfort zone, the lack of technical machines on the Pokémon suggested that he was going to have to go back to basics in order to beat the Golbat. Tactical warfare was in place as he nodded to his Cranidos, sending him forth into the dinosaur's first battle since resurection.

“Leer it down into reach and then Headbutt it!” he called, issuing a finger to point to the evil bat “Then see if you can Headbutt it again.”

CyberBlastoise
19th January 2011, 2:46 PM
Pele's Ruins

CyberBlastoise: You step into the ruins, wondering what they were like back when they weren't dilapidated and ruined. You walk through the ruins, marveling at the parts of the structure that has stood the test of time and at how the structure was put in place. Continuing to wander around the ruins, your foot suddenly catches on something and you find yourself propelled forwards into the ground. Picking yourself up, you look to see what it was that tripped you over. Turning and looking, you see the corner of something luminous sticking up out of the ground. Looking at it curiously you dig around it a little bit, and it pops out of the ground with relative ease. It is a tablet, about the size of a medium sized book, and it is covered in strange hieroglyphs, and some of them do look a little like pokemon.

"Hey you!"

You turn around and see a middle aged man running up to you.

"What do you think you are doing with that?" he asked, glaring at you. "How dare you steal the sacred tablet of Pele! Go Pidgeotto, use Wing Attack."

What will you do?




Bill entered into the ruins, admiring the architecture. The fact that this place survived that disaster all those years ago was a testament to how well it was built. The young trainer felt that the title "Ruins" was unfitting, but then again, he always did love archaeology and ancient things. However, his admiration was cut short when something grabbed his foot and tripped him.

"Ow, that could have gone better," said Bill as he looked to see what it was that tripped him. A shiny stone appeared where his foot was. Being the curious man that he was, he decided to unearth this stone and see if it had any relative importance to the ruins in general. As he pulled it out, it turned out to be a slab of stone with some ancient writing. "Good thing I'm on the 'Hooked on Hieroglyphics' program," he stated to himself. As he tried to decipher the meaning, he came to the conclusion that it was a lunch menu. Then he realized something, "I forgot...I was sick on the Ancient Cortozan Language day." He hoped that someone nearby would have the knowledge of the language that the Ancient Cortozans used.

However, he thoughts were cut short by a man yelling, "Hey you!" Turning around, Bill noticed a middle-aged man approaching him, he was definitely lipid.

"Yes sir?" asked Bill. Perhaps this man was a tour guide of some sort.

"What do you think you are doing with that?" asked the man, giving Bill a stare that would chill most.

Bill tried to explain, "I um tripped over this and..."

The man was obviously not listening to Bill. Instead he stated, "How dare you steal the sacred tablet of Pele! Go Pidgeotto, use Wing Attack."

This man was attacking Bill because he thought that the young trainer was a thief. Instinctively, Bill grabbed his Kabuto's Pokeball and called, "Shelly, intercept its attack with your Scratch!" He hoped the single attack would at least allow Bill to explain himself to the man before so many of the artifacts around them would be destroyed.

Stark
10th March 2011, 2:14 PM
Sandy Path



Crystal Resort

[/I]Stark: "Ah okay then sir," says the attendant, "Just let me type up your details so that I can book you a room."

As he does that, you take a quick glance around the room, and a blur of white and blue darts across the room. Doing a double take, you rub your eyes in disbelief, and when you look again you can't see anything blue and white. Deciding that it must have been your imagination you turn back to the attendant who has finished registering you into the Resort's databank.

"Sir, unfortunately all our rooms are full at the moment, however if you come back in about two hours some of our visitors shall have signed out and then I can put you in a room," said the man, "So until then Julian over there will tell you everything you need and want to know about the Crystal Resort."

He points to a muscular man in the middle of the room.

[I]What will you do?

"Sounds like a plan," Stark said to the attendant in a far cheerier tone than was the truth. The truth was that he was a little disappointed that he had to wait. Although if he was to get right down to it, two hours of patience was not exactly going to kill him. After he got the lowdown about the resort from Julian he could always do a little training with his pokémon or go sit at the pool and watch the ladies. He was in a paradise. There was nothing at all to be disappointed about.

The strange blue and white blur was a little disconcerting, however. He could have sworn he saw something there. He just couldn't make it out. He hoped it wasn't ghost. He had been in a number of haunted places lately it seemed and while everything seemed to turn out for the best in the end, the journey to get to the end was often quite harrowing. More than once he wasn't sure if he would make it through with his wits intact. Still, he wasn't aware of any ghosts that were blue and white in color so it had to either be a figment of his imagination or some other kind of very fast pokémon. Most likely his imagination giving way to the humdrum of his long journey here.

Stark soon found himself approaching Julian and with a smile said, "Hello! Excuse me... Julian? My name is Stark and I was told by the desk attendant that you could maybe help help me with ummm... Well... ummm... with telling me about the resort. So, uhhh... can you help me?"

Rayzen
14th March 2011, 6:32 PM
Mt. Ceniza
Always grey, Mt. Ceniza is constantly coated in a thin layer of ash. An active volcano, she doesn't appear to be on the verge of eruption - not any time soon, anyway - but her constant rumbling can be felt by those who travel near. This mountain has become a tourist attraction, particularly for those interested in collecting ash, though the tremors felt do tend to keep the more nervous travellers away.

Rest House: An old man living on the mountain is the only person to have returned to Cortoza decades before any other human dared to venture back to the island. He's a little strange after having lived so long on his own, but is a very friendly fellow indeed. He enjoys the company of trainers, and will open his home to anyone in need of food and a place to sleep. He makes remarkable glass sculptures from the ash he collects, and if you do him a favour you may just find yourself leaving with a unique souvenir.

He got off the boat. A warm welcoming breeze easily moved on its own out into the ocean, as if congratulating the passengers on board, to just step down, and get ready for a bright day ahead on Cortoza. With people safely on the island, the ship set sail dutifully seawards, leaving the rest on land to roam around freely. Notwithstanding, a trainer, not so different from many, leaped ahead to the information board. This is Centin's story. "Out - Atriel and Hemy," and with that, out popped 2 of Centin's prized pokemon, an altaria, and a walrein. He could've sent another one out, but for some odd reason, not today. Centin likes the interaction between his pokemon, even for a short moment outside - you never know which 2 pokemon might get paired up together. It gives a sort of mingling time for his pokemon.

As he looked at the board, he planned just the perfect location for his next pit stop - the Rest House. Surely, a fit trainer like this should go to more exotic places, no? "That rest house seems cool~ chill~ laid back~ green~". Barely, but his pokemon pay no heed to their trainer. Hemy flopped around trying to catch altaria's tails, clouds and fluffs whatnots. "Come, Atriel and Hemy, to the rest house," and so the trainer slowly walked to the rest house, regularly looking back, to see if the 2 pokemon are really following him. Maybe his pokemon thought of him as flippant, but at least they get to rest, or play more once they get there.