PDA

View Full Version : Miasma Heights - The Deserted Theme Park's Recorded History



Pearl's Perap
8th February 2009, 4:38 PM
Miasma Heights
The Deserted Theme park
[Only five updatees at a time]

Unexplained event after unexplained event occurred in this once popular theme park before one night, a devastating fire ripped through the Ghost Train, killing dozens of children and causing the park to be closed to the public for good. Even though the park was now closed, the bizarre happenings were still going on so reconstruction was severely put off. Since it’s closure following the horrific event, the theme park has become home to some of the more sinister that dwell in this world, feeding on the bad emotions which cling to the theme park like a bad smell. At night, the whole surrounding area seems to be drenched in a purple haze, similar to miasma, hence it’s newly coined name.


The Park
Despite the park now being closed, all of it’s popular rides remain the same as they were prior to the ghost train events but over time, they seem to have become populated by very unsavoury characters in the form of spectres, poltergeists and even pokémon who want to manipulate them and fool around with anyone brave enough to enter such a place, despite it being long closed to the public and not the most welcoming of areas. Wherever you go in the park, the strange fogs prevents the majority of natural light, you had better hope your vision is as good as can be.

Areas:

Rollerquaza: A solitary rollercoaster as you come through the park’s entrance. The ride is designed around the legendary pokémon Rayquaza and its home, the Sky Pillar of the Hoenn region. The highest peak of the ride reaches, much like the pokémon itself, high into the clouds themselves. The final drop on the ride leads the rider to a darkened tunnel where people have apparently gone missing for days at a time, reporting a bizarre force as they plunged deep within the shadows.

The Funhouse: The name speaks for itself, though, the fun you'll have might not be the sort of fun you are acquainted with. A strange entity exists in the building which seems to emanate evil from the walls and floors, causing even the most nimble of trainers to have trouble keeping their balance in the various trick rooms. Despite it seeming like any usual funhouse, this one is renowned for how easy it is to get lost within it’s various rooms and even contains rooms that you don’t know are there…until it is too late.

Mantine Mania: A water-based ride with a twist, not only do you ride through what used to be the serene decorative gardens, there is a waterfall drop and even an underwater segment. Pokémon are rumoured to live in the actual water and the various surroundings but if you plan on leaving the ride, be wary of getting lost in the now-jungle-like gardens, it could prove to be very dangerous.
- Sub-area:
- Decorative gardens – The gardens surrounding the serene Mantine Mania water-ride. Different pokémon species are said to be resting in the peacefulness of the foliage, but be aware that, though they aren’t used to the contact of humans, they will definitely put up more of a fight than you would think.

Salty Sam’s Pirate Ship: Don’t be fooled by it’s light hearted name, this pendulum-like ship ride with its dummy captain is more than it looks. Rumour has it that if the carriage goes completely upside down, the bizarre events begin to unfold with your escape being the last thing on the captain’s one-track mind.

Helter Skelter: Seems like your regular climb up, slide down helter skelter but, unbeknown to its riders, there is more of a twist than you would expect. Prior to the ghost train incident, children apparently disappeared within the helter skelter.
- Sub-area:
- The tunnels – As you begin to reach the bottom of the helter skelter, the world around you goes black as you plummet into a strange network of tubular tunnels beneath the ground. Down below is a network of tunnels, stemming from most of the rides, seemingly built to capture the innocent riders.

Sideshow Alley: Contains all of the normal things you would find in a sideshow with one exception - a memorial wall set up with dozens of plaques in honour of the deceased children who never made it off the ride of a lifetime. Each plaque has a space for flowers so honour their memories if you wish but beware, the sad and gloomy atmosphere around here attracts more than curious trainers.
- Sub-area:
- Makeshift graveyard – Over time, the parents and pokémon of the children caught up in the ghost train incident returned to this bizarre place bringing with them planks of wood so as to make individual memorials for their children.

Merry-Go-Round: Looks just like a normal Merry-Go-Round right? Think again. Take the trip of a lifetime... or maybe just your life, and see what mysteries live within the maze beneath the Merry-Go-Round. Not such a fun-filled looking ride now is it?

The Circus Tent: Want to witness the show of a lifetime? Enter the Circus Tent and challenge the bloodthirsty ghosts within to a dangerous and challenging battle upon the stage. Defeating four in a row gains you access to the Champion - A Dark Pokémon whose identity remains a mystery as nobody has ever made it far enough to win. Beating the ghouls will no doubt lead to a very handsome prize, but do you have what it takes?

Fortune Teller's Tent: Situated in the shadows cast by the majestic circus tent is a much smaller tent which once housed a mystical woman who was said to have powers beyond that of a regular human, being able to see not only into the past but the future too. She passed away not too long before the closure of the theme park but nobody thought anything of it, since she was getting on in years. People who have broken into the closed park report of light coming from her tent still, could she still linger in the theme park, waiting for her next customer?

The Big Wheel: Seems like any old wheel ride, but on a much greater scale. Each carriage can easily hold ten people and the top of the wheel is so high that it cannot be seen anymore from the ground, due to it being shrouded in the bizarre violet fog. The ride, inactive since the parks closure, had previously sped up and lost riders for them to re-appear far away from the theme park, sometimes in completely new lands from where they had been previously.

Ghost Train: Enter if you dare - the site of the disaster responsible for the closure of the theme park. Ghostly visits from children lost are reported to have scared many a construction crew away from this site while some of the strongest and darkest pokémon of all are rumoured to dwell within the burnt out remains of this once popular ride.
- Sub-area:
- The Underbelly – below the ghost train is a darkened pit. Here, dwelling in the shadows, lives a malevolent creature only seen leaving the area in the small hours. Tales speak of it as a strong pokémon that caused the horrific ‘accident’ in the ghost train…

Game shacks: Several coconut shies and various other games huts are dotted around the perimeter of the theme park. Though they have no human operating them, the prizes still lie behind the counters intact and unchanged since the closure. Why not have a go at them for yourself? Everyone loves a souvenir plushie…


The Hotel
Situated at the back of the theme park is a huge hotel where guests and their pokémon stayed whilst visiting, meaning guests from far and wide travelled to experience the fun and stay for as long as they wanted. Despite the park being closed, the hotel is still very active but its guests are far different than you might be used to encountering.

Areas:

The Lobby: Upon entering the hotel’s main doors, you reach a marble-floored lobby with a checking in desk and huge chandeliers that flicker ominously. Behind the desk lies most of the keys to the various hotels rooms, but an unseen power prevents you from taking more than one at a time. A lone elevator sits at one end, leading up to the rest of the rooms or down to the casino and storeroom.

Rooms 1-20: The first twenty rooms of the hotel are on the ground floor and are still being occupied, just not by what you might expect. It is believed that some of the trainers who once visited the park choose to spend their afterlife here, waiting for a battle. The key to room thirteen is rumoured to be located somewhere within the hotel, it’s sinister contents being protected as best they can.

Rooms 21-40: Just like the rooms on the ground floor, the rooms on the second floor occupy more than dust and moths since the hotel’s closure. The only way to reach these rooms is via an unpredictable elevator in the lobby but will you be able to make it?

Restaurant: Through a set of ornate double-doors lies what used to be one of the finest restaurants in the world. All of its tables and chairs remain untouched and the food seems to be frozen in time, no signs of decay at all. Candelabras line the tables but they have been seen flying around the room, even when the hotel was open to the public.
- Sub-area:
- The Kitchens – Located through a saloon door behind the food counters, the kitchen has become a dangerous place. The walls, still lined with the sinister, sharp utensils previously used by the various chefs glint in the moonlight and seem to sway on their own. A wrong move could lead to you being the latest delicacy.

Storeroom: A vast room filled with everything the hotel might need and plenty of spare hotel furniture of all kinds. Pokémon have taken the furniture as an invitation to make themselves at home and quite a large variety of pokémon can be found here not wanting to be disturbed by anything, let alone humans.

Members-only casino: Situated beneath the hotel is a large casino that was previously members-only. Reports speak of a barrier that you still seemingly cannot pass without possessing one of the members' cards handed out to adults who visited the hotel and casino in its heyday. You might end up gambling more than you bargained for, however, so beware…

Pearl's Perap
8th February 2009, 10:11 PM
This zone is currently capped at ELEVEN members.

Current Updatees

ZO - Pearl's Perap (five updatee cap)

* Demon Skittle
* Silver Wind
* Tale
* SP-Eevee
*


ZA - Fangirl (six updatee cap)

* -Hayward-
* Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
* Psychopath
*
*
*

Please make sure that all replies are in size one text and are the color 'silver'

Amras.MG
10th February 2009, 2:47 AM
Ghost Train: Enter if you dare - the site of the disaster responsible for the closure of the theme park. Ghostly visits from children lost are reported to have scared many a construction crew away from this site while some of the strongest and darkest pokémon of all are rumoured to dwell within the burnt out remains of this once popular ride.



Two figures approach on the horizon of Miasma Heights, slowly approaching the ruins of the old fairground. The young man and his Pokemon trod past old vestiges of the amusement park, wonder in regards to the tragedy that occurred here mirrored in their eyes. Scratching his Pikachu's head lightly, Amras moves through the fair, casting his eyes about for the perfect place to start his journey. Finding it hard to decide on a particular area, Amras mentally recalls all that he knows about the doomed fair. Miasma Heights was a booming theme park until a mysterious fire shut it down. Upon reading about the fire at the Pokemon Center prior to leaving for the Heights, Amras recalled his curiosity about how a theme park burned down in a single night... and how that fire was of yet unexplained.

Mysteries are meant to be solved... to the Ghost Train it is.

Demon Skittle
10th February 2009, 3:05 AM
Miasma Heights
Storeroom: A vast room filled with everything the hotel might need and plenty of spare hotel furniture of all kinds. Pokémon have taken the furniture as an invitation to make themselves at home and quite a large variety of pokémon can be found here not wanting to be disturbed by anything, let alone humans.Alina approached the gate of Miasma Heights with her Charmander named Alberta in tow. The young trainer gazed through the gates in glee at the abandoned theme park. "I've never been to a theme park!"

Alberta stood behind her trainer, analyzing the theme park suspiciously. It was completely abandoned, and it had an onimous feeling to it. Why would her trainer be so interested in a place like this?

"Come on, this will be fun," Alina said, noticing how uneasy her Pokemon felt. The Charmander stared up at her in disbelief. How could a place like this be fun? The oblivious girl took a step through the gates, trying to decide where to go first. "At least nobody is here. We won't have to wait in lines, or pay for anything. It'll be great!"

Alberta didn't move, wondering how Kasai could leave her to such an idiot. A Magikarp could tell that something was wrong with this place. Alina looked behind her and said, "Oh, don't be such a killjoy. Come on!"

The Charmander grudgingly began to follow Alina through the theme park, keeping a wary eye out for anything that seemed hostile. Alina wandered around like a fat kid in a candy shop, occassionally pointing out to a ride or game and exclaiming "That looks fun!" or "Ohh, we should really try that place!" Finally, after what felt like an eternity to Alberta, Alina stopped and said, "You know, we did do a lot of walking to get here. We should probably rest somewhere, or something."

Alberta was nearly bursting with joy, and tried dragging Alina to the exit by her leg, until the trainer spotted a hotel nearby. "This theme park is amazing! It even has a hotel!"

Alberta, now having her hopes and dreams crushed in mere seconds, cried out "CHARMANDERRR" in dismay (which probably translated to "FUUUUUUCK").

"What the hell is your problem?" asked Alina, thoroughly annoyed with her Charmander's attitude. She just couldn't understand why Alberta wouldn't want to be in this wonderful place. The Pokemon was on its knees, begging to leave this terrifying place, but Alina paid no mind to the fire-type's pleading and headed toward the hotel. Alberta could hardly believe her trainer. It was obvious this place was dangerous, and she just couldn't see that. Heaving a sigh, Alberta got back on her feet, and began to follow her trainer to where she was sure would be their demise. Weren't trainers supposed to take care of their Pokemon and not send them to their death? Alina needed a babysitter or something. After a long walk of silence, Alina finally said, "Oh, I know why you're so scared of this place!"

Alberta looked up at her hopefully with wide eyes. Alina smiled down at the Charmander and said, "You're afraid to go on the big wheel ride, aren't you? Because you're afraid of heights, right? I am too, so we'll avoid that one."

Alberta picked up a rock and nearly threw it at her trainer’s head until she thought better of it. There was no way she could drag Alina to the exit if she was knocked out, it'd just make Alberta feel better for a moment.

Finally, they made it to the hotel. It looked ridiculously depressing and ominous, and yet Alina didn't seem to care. She stomped through the doors without a second thought, Alberta following close behind, probably wanting to commit suicide to save herself from a painful death. "Helloooo!" Alina called out. Alberta glared up at her trainer. There isn't anybody here, *******.

"Hm, I guess nobody's here!" Alina said as she passed the lobby. Alberta smacked the palm of her hand to her forehead. It was established that nobody was here 2 hours ago! The girl then stopped before a restaurant. "I am a bit hungry..." she said as she went to push open the doors, until Alberta burned the girl's hand with the fire at the tip of her tail. It was for her own good, really. Kitchens and restaurants have tendency to have lots of knives, and other sharp objects. Their hearts could be carved out with a spoon.

Alina cried out in pain and scolded Alberta for being so careless with her tail. Alberta merely shrugged and then got a "oh, look at that!" look on her face as she pointed to the hallway full of rooms. Alina immediately forgot about eating and remembered how tired she was from her long trek to get here and left the kitchen doors to wander through the hall, much to Alberta's relief. At least there wasn't a lot to kill somebody with in a bedroom. Besides smothering people with pillows, having the ceiling collapse, smashing a lamp on somebody's head, or pushing them through the window. You know, maybe kitchens weren't so bad...

Alina stopped at a door labeled Storeroom and beckoned Alberta to follow her into the room. They opened the door and peeked inside to find a room filled with extra furniture and other necessities the hotel might need. Alina clapped her hands together and exclaimed "Hey, we could take a nap here! These chairs look comfy…”

Why can't you be a normal person and sleep on a bed? Alberta thought to herself. She was growing weary of her idiot trainer, and felt like just leaving Alina behind while she slept. However, she would probably starve to death without Alina, or get lost, or killed by a Rhydon... the Charmander was dependant on her for food, after all, and Alina did have stronger Pokemon with her to defend them with. She also had a map, but it’s not like Alina ever used it. Alberta doubted she could read anyway.

As Alberta thought these things over Alina sat in a luxurious lounge chair and made herself comfortable. "Wake me up in an hour, okay, Alberta?"

How cruel, making her own Pokemon stay awake while she sleeps. I walked for miles too, you know, Alberta thought to herself, rubbing her sore feet with her tiny hands. Not like anybody besides Alina could sleep in this place anyway. Alberta grudgingly sat down beside the door, thinking that if something horrible happened, she could flee to safety. Surely Alina would understand...

mew-the original
10th February 2009, 3:33 AM
miasma heights
the deserted theme park
[only five updatees at a time]

the big wheel: seems like any old wheel ride, but on a much greater scale. Each carriage can easily hold ten people and the top of the wheel is so high that it cannot be seen anymore from the ground, due to it being shrouded in the bizarre violet fog. The ride, inactive since the parks closure, had previously sped up and lost riders for them to re-appear far away from the theme park, sometimes in completely new lands from where they had been previously.

As Tim, the timid adolescent trainer, continued his journey, he stumbled upon a worn and torn poster lying on the ground. He curiously picked it up and read what it had to say:

"Come one! Come all!
Miasma Heights Theme Park!"

"I could use a break from all my traveling.. plus it sounds like a lot of fun!" said Tim as he happily traveled onward, excited for some amusement. When he arrived, Tim noticed something was odd, there was nothing but old abandoned rides and silence.

"This can't be right," Tim thought as he hesitantly entered the theme park. "H- Hello?!" Tim weakly shouted, listening for an answer as he began to view his surroundings. The theme park was anything but amusing to Tim, thoughts rushed through his head such as, "What if somebody jumps out and kills me?" and "What if a pokemon jumps out and kills me?" His thought continued on in a "what if" fashion for quiet some time before he finally decided to bring out some company. I don't think my heart can take anymore of this paranoia! Tim said hastily

Tim reached in his pocket and pulled out a traditional, red and white pokeball and tossed it in the air. Keep me company, Kermit! Tim shouted. And just like that, the ball opened in half to release a bright light which formed Tim's newest companion, Kermit, the Politoed.

"Poli~ sang the delightful toad as he twirled around practicing his side leaps. Tim could help but let out a slight chuckle at his gay friend (in both senses of the word. )"Kermit, I'm glad you've joined my crew, now lets see whats going on with this place." Kermit "Poli'd" in agreement and pranced off.

While the two began to inspect the theme park, something big caught Tim's attention, it was an enormous ferris wheel. "Wow!" Tim shouted in awe, completely forgetting his worries. He stopped to admire it as Kermit went a little too far ahead and went back to Tim to see what he was staring at. "I can't even see the top!" Tim exclaimed to Kermit as he croaked in agreement.

The giant ferris wheel suddenly lit and begun to show signs of activity, this just aroused Tim curiosity even more. The two ran up to the Ferris Wheel line to see no one there. Poli? Kermit begged, showing interest of going on this ride. Tim had his doubts but decided that the two of them could get on the ferris wheel. "What could go wrong?" Tim thought as the two entered the seats of The Big Wheel.

Pearl's Perap
10th February 2009, 3:56 AM
Alright, let’s get this show on the road, here’s my first batch of updates, still piping hot :}

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Entering the darkened theme park through its main gates, you and your Pikachu begin gazing around, trying to spot your intended location, the ghost train. As you continue further on in to the park, passing the vacant and incredibly eerie rides, you encounter a large sign with a map of the whole park. You notice, as you gaze over it, that the original name is no more and some vandal has spray painted over it with large purple letters ‘Miasma Heights’, even being so careless as to drop the spray paint can once they had finished their graffiti. Beginning to scan the map, you notice an arrow denoting ‘you are here’ and see that the ghost train should be located to your right.

Following several signs, you soon come to what you can only presume was the ghost train. A black building with damaged lettering spelt out ‘hos rai’ due to missing a number of vital letters loomed before you, the ticket booth to the side of it empty as expected. Pushing past the spinning gate where riders would have once had to produce a ticket or the spare change it cost to ride, you follow the rails until you reach a darkened entrance. Pikachu notices before you do that it is blocked with security tape. Obviously, for some reason, the investigation was never completed and remained quite unsolved. As you walk, the darkness completely engulfs you, you cannot see due to their being no electricity to your knowledge and no natural light filtering through any gaps in the mostly-burned building.

In the darkness, you hear definite movement and begin to think you’re imagining things, which would be expected in such an environment, but Pikachu reacts too, tapping at your leg, at least, you think its Pikachu. Suddenly, a loud moan comes from deep within the building itself and, despite your heart racing ten to the dozen, you know that you had come here to get to the bottom of the buildings frightening and terrible past, you must continue further into the spooky ride...

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
After your quite depressing treck across the whole theme park, passing abandoned ride after abandoned ride, you eventually arrive at a huge building located at the rear of the park, the hotel. Once a majestic building, it now looked rather dismal and the fog that hung around the whole area made it look even worse. Upon entering the lobby and making yourself heard to no-one, or at least, you think no-one, you begin to explore a little.

The restaurant catches your eye before Alberta scorches your hand, she is quite obviously unnerved by what could be behind the door. Not to mention there would be an abundance of knives and other sharp items, one could easily trip in the half-light and end up landing on anything for all you knew. Giving the restaurant and adjacent kitchens a miss, you come across another door which reads ‘Storeroom’, seems a pretty normal and safe place to take a little look, what would be the harm in that. As you open the door and slide in, Alberta’s tail flame lighting around the doorway, you notice stacks upon stacks of chairs and various other hotel furniture before seeing what looked to be an exceptionally comfy lounge chair and becoming acquainted with I first hand. Alberta, who looks on at you thinking you’ve lost your mind, simply sits at your feet, hoping you wont take too long with your relaxation before you announce you plan to take a short nap, much to her dismay.

“Char!” the fire pokémon murmurs, but it’s too late, you’ve already drifted off and she is left to sit alone in the darkness whilst you regain your energy in the luxury furniture...

-

“CHAR! CHARMAN! CHAR!” the familiar voice brings you back from your slumber but it doesn’t sound good. Opening your eyes wide, you begin glancing around, seems to you like Alberta is in danger but you can’t seem to spot where she is. Running past the rows of furniture, following what little light from her tail you can see, you finally spot her in a corner, in the shadows you see a pair of eyes, glinting slightly as the Charmander’s flame flickers, whatever it is seems to have your pokémon cornered. A sharp cackle comes from whatever it is, it seems to be having a lot of fun at the expense of you and your young pokémon…

The Big Wheel

mew-the original
Pushing through the ticket barrier, Kermit seemed eager to get onto the ride and continually looked back, as if to say come on!. As you follow, passing the now-empty ticket booth, you see that, since coming to life, the rides carriages had begun to move ever so slowly. “Poli!” Kermit exclaimed loudly, completely fascinated by the fact that, despite being long abandoned, the rides seemed to be in perfect working condition. Paranoia aside, you eagerly wait for a carriage to arrive at the bottom for you and the Politoed to enter and begin your riding experience.

After a while, the carriages begin to get a little faster and it is not long before you find one just metres above your head. More eager than you thought, Kermit quickly leaps up into it, his excitement well and truly getting the better of him. However, as he does, the ride speeds up even more, the carriage reaching and passing you before you even have the time to get onto it. Once it was metres above your head once again, the ride slowed, something wasn’t quite right here. Quickly leaping onto the next carriage, you follow Kermit upwards, it would be impossible to reach his carriage, but it would be better than waiting alone at the bottom. From where you were, the whole park could be seen yet, the higher you ascended, the deeper purple the fog got until you were completely engulfed. Spluttering as you breathe in the strange air, you suddenly feel yourself dropping to your knees as your surroundings go jet black...

-

“WAKEY WAKEY!” a voice cackles and snaps you completely out of your unconciousness. Looking around, you see nothing but darkness, as if you were trapped in some sort of abyss. This situation was more than bizarre, there seemed to be no sign of Kermit either. Eventually, from the shadows, a pokémon glides downwards towards you, it appears to be a Mismagius. “SCARY, HUH?” the voice appears once more, it seemed to be the ghost pokémon talking…

Amras.MG
10th February 2009, 5:53 AM
Alright, let’s get this show on the road, here’s my first batch of updates, still piping hot :}

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Entering the darkened theme park through its main gates, you and your Pikachu begin gazing around, trying to spot your intended location, the ghost train. As you continue further on in to the park, passing the vacant and incredibly eerie rides, you encounter a large sign with a map of the whole park. You notice, as you gaze over it, that the original name is no more and some vandal has spray painted over it with large purple letters ‘Miasma Heights’, even being so careless as to drop the spray paint can once they had finished their graffiti. Beginning to scan the map, you notice an arrow denoting ‘you are here’ and see that the ghost train should be located to your right.

Following several signs, you soon come to what you can only presume was the ghost train. A black building with damaged lettering spelt out ‘hos rai’ due to missing a number of vital letters loomed before you, the ticket booth to the side of it empty as expected. Pushing past the spinning gate where riders would have once had to produce a ticket or the spare change it cost to ride, you follow the rails until you reach a darkened entrance. Pikachu notices before you do that it is blocked with security tape. Obviously, for some reason, the investigation was never completed and remained quite unsolved. As you walk, the darkness completely engulfs you, you cannot see due to their being no electricity to your knowledge and no natural light filtering through any gaps in the mostly-burned building.

In the darkness, you hear definite movement and begin to think you’re imagining things, which would be expected in such an environment, but Pikachu reacts too, tapping at your leg, at least, you think its Pikachu. Suddenly, a loud moan comes from deep within the building itself and, despite your heart racing ten to the dozen, you know that you had come here to get to the bottom of the buildings frightening and terrible past, you must continue further into the spooky ride...


Walking past the forsaken remains of carnival rides and attractions, Amras feels a growing apprehension and gulps, feeling as though he is somehow trespassing. Keeping close to Pikachu, Amras approaches the burnt remnants of the Ghost Train ride, noticing the lack of good lighting and the abandoned security tape. Climbing through the turnstall, Amras' heart pumps faster as he is suddenly plunged into complete darkness. Uneasily moving deeper into the ride, Amras realizes that he needs to shed some light on the situation as he hears a moan. Feeling a tapping on his leg, Amras whips around and remembers the move Pikachu learned a long time ago to deal with the lack of light...

"Java, I need you to use a soft Flash to light this passage for us. Be ready for anything... this is getting kinda creepy..."

Demon Skittle
10th February 2009, 5:06 PM
Alright, let’s get this show on the road, here’s my first batch of updates, still piping hot :}

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
After your quite depressing treck across the whole theme park, passing abandoned ride after abandoned ride, you eventually arrive at a huge building located at the rear of the park, the hotel. Once a majestic building, it now looked rather dismal and the fog that hung around the whole area made it look even worse. Upon entering the lobby and making yourself heard to no-one, or at least, you think no-one, you begin to explore a little.

The restaurant catches your eye before Alberta scorches your hand, she is quite obviously unnerved by what could be behind the door. Not to mention there would be an abundance of knives and other sharp items, one could easily trip in the half-light and end up landing on anything for all you knew. Giving the restaurant and adjacent kitchens a miss, you come across another door which reads ‘Storeroom’, seems a pretty normal and safe place to take a little look, what would be the harm in that. As you open the door and slide in, Alberta’s tail flame lighting around the doorway, you notice stacks upon stacks of chairs and various other hotel furniture before seeing what looked to be an exceptionally comfy lounge chair and becoming acquainted with I first hand. Alberta, who looks on at you thinking you’ve lost your mind, simply sits at your feet, hoping you wont take too long with your relaxation before you announce you plan to take a short nap, much to her dismay.

“Char!” the fire pokémon murmurs, but it’s too late, you’ve already drifted off and she is left to sit alone in the darkness whilst you regain your energy in the luxury furniture...

-

“CHAR! CHARMAN! CHAR!” the familiar voice brings you back from your slumber but it doesn’t sound good. Opening your eyes wide, you begin glancing around, seems to you like Alberta is in danger but you can’t seem to spot where she is. Running past the rows of furniture, following what little light from her tail you can see, you finally spot her in a corner, in the shadows you see a pair of eyes, glinting slightly as the Charmander’s flame flickers, whatever it is seems to have your pokémon cornered. A sharp cackle comes from whatever it is, it seems to be having a lot of fun at the expense of you and your young pokémon…Alina woke to the panicked cry of her Pokemon Alberta, although she was a bit too tired to comprehend the fear in the Charmander's voice, and merely rubbed her eyes and yawned, wondering, "Has it been an hour already?" She looked around the room for her Charmander, but the lizard Pokemon was nowhere to be found. Figuring that Alberta was just exploring the room, Alina tried to go back to sleep, until she heard the terrified cries her Charmander once again. The trainer's eyes snapped back open, scanning the room frantically for any sign of the fire Pokemon and almost missing the dim light off to the distance. Concluding that that light came from Alberta's tail, Alina ran past rows upon rows of furniture, following the flickering light and praying that she wasn't too late.

Finally, Alina skidded to a stop before a dark figure which had her Alberta cornered, and seemed to take great amusement in torturing the poor little Pokemon. It was impossible to tell what the figure was, since it was still much too dark in the room despite the light from Alberta's tail. All that was visible were its eyes, glistening from the flame on the tip of the Charmander's tail. However, being a natural born idiot, Alina didn't appear to be worried if this figure was dangerous or not. She was only concerned with the fact that it interrupted her from a much needed nap, and that it needed to die for that.

"You *******," Alina began as Alberta made frantic motions with her arms as if to say 'don't provoke it!' The headstrong trainer, of course, ignored her Pokemon's warning and continued to say "waking me up from a beautiful nap like that. You could have at least waited until I woke up, god. Alberta, use Thunderpunch to get out of that corner, that's a horrible place to be. After that use Dragon Dance, give it a Metal Claw."

Alberta couldn't believe what she was hearing. Attack that thing? Good god, they don't even know what it is in the first place! It could be some satanic spirit that was summoned to eat Charmanders' souls or something. None the less, Alberta clenched her fist and let out a huge sigh. She would regret this...

Radical Edward
10th February 2009, 5:54 PM
Storeroom: A vast room filled with everything the hotel might need and plenty of spare hotel furniture of all kinds. Pokémon have taken the furniture as an invitation to make themselves at home and quite a large variety of pokémon can be found here not wanting to be disturbed by anything, let alone humans.


The gates groan on their rusty hinges as the wind winds around the cast iron spires at their apex and down through the tired, bent poles of the fence. The wind is chilly, so Ben pulls his cloak tighter around his thin frame. A shorter, even thinner personage stands at his side. Adam the Gardevoir has never been outside the daycare center, and as such is nervous, but does his best not to let it show.

"So, first adventure, Eh, Adam?"

The pokemon nods, nervously fidgeting with his "skirt", as he looks through the gates at the deserted park. He had always been skittish, which was why Ben had left him in the Daycare for so long, hoping his new, stronger form might toughen him up, but to no avail. now the plan was to expose him to real adventure, and hope that it had the desired effect, that of forcefully injecting some bravery. However, Ben feared that it might have the opposite effect, and break the pokemons spirit, or worse, turn him absolutely batshit insane. But where was adventure without the risk?

"Alright, Adam, today we're gonna see if we can rustle up some antiques and items that'll fetch us bank at the trade center. By my calculatioons, or rather intuition...okay, its kinda obvious, but either way, the storehouse under that hotel is probably a pretty bomb place to find all sorts of goodies, and who knows, maybe even a new teamate. what say you, sir Adam?"

Again the Gardevoir nods, and, to try to conquer his own growing fear, begins the trek toward the old hotel, and the hope of riches hidden in its bowels.

Psychopath
10th February 2009, 7:32 PM
Miasma Heights
The Deserted Theme park
[Only five updatees at a time]

The Hotel
Situated at the back of the theme park is a huge hotel where guests and their pokémon stayed whilst visiting, meaning guests from far and wide travelled to experience the fun and stay for as long as they wanted. Despite the park being closed, the hotel is still very active but its guests are far different than you might be used to encountering.

Areas:
Rooms 21-40: Just like the rooms on the ground floor, the rooms on the second floor occupy more than dust and moths since the hotel’s closure. The only way to reach these rooms is via an unpredictable elevator in the lobby but will you be able to make it?


As he entered Miasma Heights Tyson realised it was dark. He checked his watch, it was an hour to midnight, as an avid explorer he knew that staying out after midnight was a bad idea. He saw a building in the distance and realised it was a hotel. He ran towards it as fast as he could as he didn't want to leave himself vulmerable to nocturnal pokemon, or people, that might be prowling the grounds. Tyson entered the hotel hoping to find some shoulter and rest, as he did not know anything about the park he was in. He headed towards the check in desk and realised there was no one there. "I guess this is one of those self check in hotels..." He took a key and examined it, "...Room 34, I guess I gotta go to the second floor then." He walked to the elevator and stepped in. He pressed his finger on the button labeled "2". "I need to get some sleep." As he looked up he only thought about hitting the hay and catching some z's.

Pearl's Perap
11th February 2009, 2:39 PM
Round two of updates are here, I’m going to try and get them up as much as possible. Obviously they aren’t going to be huge, since they’re intended to be rapid fire, but that means we can get deep into your adventures quicker :}

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
The darkened room comforting you in no way shape or form, you order Java to use a flash attack to shed some light and give you a better view of your surroundings. Nodding in the shadows, the Pikachu begins to glow a faint white before releasing a bright flash of light from its whole body, lighting the whole room. With a better view, you can see that there is not a whole lot of interest in the room just the old riding carts and the entrance to the ride itself. Upon closer inspection you notice that the double doors through which the carts travel are emblazoned with the image of a rather angry looking Gengar with a wide open mouth, fitting with the ghostly theme.

“Pi..” Java coos, content that the room is now adequately lit and you can both see a lot more. From this, you decide that the noises must have been a figment of your imagination, but you still have a feeling of dread in your stomach. This place does not give off the best of feelings, what with its horrific past. At once, you here a loud piercing creak as the Gengar double doors open on their own and a thud is heard, obviously not nearby, but still a thud nonetheless. Java looks up to you as if to say ‘Are we continuing?’ and awaits your plan of action, not wanting to move a muscle without your say so….

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
Processing your orders, the Charmander reluctantly readies itself for the battle with the mysterious creature. At once, her tiny claws begin pulsing with electricity and you see her begin swinging them furiously, not actually aiming for the target but trying to at least get herself free of the sticky situation. At once, whatever had cornered her began climbing the wall and was now on the ceiling above, looking down at the pair of you from the shadows, it still wasn’t completely apparent what the identity of the bizarre thing was, though.

Seeing that she has enough time, she begins to pirouette, glowing slightly as she gains plenty of speed from the strange draconic dance before coming to a stop and glaring up at the ceiling. Strangely, the creature was nowhere to be seen as both you and Alberta look around frantically. Suddenly, in a flash, a shadow leaps in front of the Charmander, scratching her stomach as it does so before stopping in the corner Alberta was previously trapped in. Eyeing her chance, her claws glow a pale silver and she uses her increased speed to turn around and attack the creature, which recoils in pain before revealing its true self to the both of you, it was a Sableye. Cackling to itself, the pokémon begins to crawl onto the ceiling once more, keeping a close eye on both of you from above…

“Saaa!” the pokémon cries, it doesn’t seem to pose a great threat, but why it was attempting to try and trick the two of you was not apparent. Alberta looks towards you in a confused manner as if to say ‘Attack or leave?’. As she does so, the Sableye senses this and crawls back down and stands before the two of you, watching, waiting…

Radical Edward
Crossing the now-abandoned park, you and Adam can’t help but feel something sinister is either watching you or worse pursuing you as you walk. The Gardevoir, already highly unnerved by the surroundings, focuses as best he can whilst trying to get you to walk faster and faster. Eventually, you arrive at the attached hotel, magnificent in its heyday, now nothing more than a shell of its former self. Proceeding nonetheless, you pull down on the handle and push open the beautiful front doors, a feeling of coldness engulfing you from within.

“Garrrr!” Adam moans nervously, considering he was fully evolved, he hadn’t had much experience and due to this seemed to be quite easily freaked out, though, it wasn’t hard in such a location, who knows what could be dwelling within the heart of this spooky place. Adam, using his telekinetic abilites, locates the store room and points a slender arm towards it. At once, you begin to walk towards the door and notice that the key is still in the lock, but as you slowly begin to turn it, the Gardevoir grabs out at your arm. Looking up you see he is a bag of nerves, it becomes apparent to you that he has sensed something more than a variety of hotel stock behind that door, but, being the confident pokémon trainer you are, you continue nonetheless and step into the dark, musty room…

Rooms 21-40

Psychopath
As the elevator lurched into life, apparent that it had been sitting dormant for quite some time now, it slowly began to ascend to the second floor. Instead of the usual calming yet highly annoying elevator music, you could just hear the mechanics creaking and whining above you which wasn’t the most confidence-boosting sounds whilst riding an already old elevator. Luckily, you reach the second floor and the doors slide open halfway before stopping completely, eyeing your opportunity, you leap out and onto the corridor outside.

Looking around, you see quite a number of doors labelled with various numbers before finally spotting room 34 with a green door and a sign attached to the door. Upon closer inspection, you see that the sign reads ‘Do not disturb, thank you’ but you begin to proceed nonetheless. Sliding the key into the slot, taking a few attempts in the dim light, you begin to turn it and sure enough, you hear a click and the door opens slightly. As it opens, a horrible wave of smell hits your nostrils, a smell of decay and oldness, but you put that aside and cross the threshold.

“Who do you think you are, bursting in here like this?!” a voice suddenly comes from the shadows as a young woman walks out in front of you, however, unlike any normal woman, she seems to be abnormally pale, almost ghostly. Waiting for a reply, she hides something behind her back before focusing her glare on you once more…

Amras.MG
13th February 2009, 1:54 AM
Ghost Train

Amras.MG
The darkened room comforting you in no way shape or form, you order Java to use a flash attack to shed some light and give you a better view of your surroundings. Nodding in the shadows, the Pikachu begins to glow a faint white before releasing a bright flash of light from its whole body, lighting the whole room. With a better view, you can see that there is not a whole lot of interest in the room just the old riding carts and the entrance to the ride itself. Upon closer inspection you notice that the double doors through which the carts travel are emblazoned with the image of a rather angry looking Gengar with a wide open mouth, fitting with the ghostly theme.

“Pi..” Java coos, content that the room is now adequately lit and you can both see a lot more. From this, you decide that the noises must have been a figment of your imagination, but you still have a feeling of dread in your stomach. This place does not give off the best of feelings, what with its horrific past. At once, you here a loud piercing creak as the Gengar double doors open on their own and a thud is heard, obviously not nearby, but still a thud nonetheless. Java looks up to you as if to say ‘Are we continuing?’ and awaits your plan of action, not wanting to move a muscle without your say so….

Pikachu lights up the room with a Flash per Amras' order, casting away the shadows surrounding the two adventurers. Gazing around at the now-illiuminated room, Amras notices the abandoned carts and the creepy Gengar door immediately, both glad that the sound was not real and creeped out by the eerie interior of the room. Picking up Java and carrying her with him to the Gengar door, Amras hears a loud creaking noise as the Gengar doors open by themselves. Pikachu moans in fear as Amras moves towards the door. Despite Java and Amras' growing apprehension of the area they were entering, they both knew that they did really want to find out what the solution to the mystery of the fire was. Gripping Java slightly tighter, Amras walked through the doorways, ready to explore the room ahead and solve this mystery.

Pearl's Perap
13th February 2009, 2:38 AM
[Since I have time and I'm really passionate about getting the quickest updates possible, here's another!]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Making your way onto the tracks and into the next room, you don’t seem to come across anything out of the ordinary. The strange noises were not coming from the room you are now in, since in the distance, they can still be heard. Java leaps from your arms and begins to look around, sniffing the air slightly as he does so, trying to sense if there is anything untoward in the room along with you. Eventually, in the darkness, the Pikachu pinpointed another being, the pair weren’t alone, “Pi pi pi! Pika!” the electric pokémon began, trying to explain that the two of you had company, but as he did so, whatever the company seemed to be making itself apparent as thuds began to get louder and seemingly closer.

Suddenly, you hear the crackling sound of a tannoy system being switched on, as if somebody somewhere is going to make an announcement and they do. “Leave, now!” a sinister voice fills you with dread, but where was it coming from? Java, obviously not too bothered by this, points to something further along the tracks entering the next room. It appeared to be some sort of pokémon, from where you could see it appeared to be about two foot tall and resembled a dog, but before you could get a better look, it ran through the next set of doors. Walking closer, you see these doors too are emblazoned with a ghost pokémon, this time a Banette with a wide and menacing grin. This doesn’t bother Java, however, as he pushes through and into the next room to follow the mysterious creature, not wanting to wait for you this time…

Amras.MG
13th February 2009, 3:03 AM
[Since I have time and I'm really passionate about getting the quickest updates possible, here's another!]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Making your way onto the tracks and into the next room, you don’t seem to come across anything out of the ordinary. The strange noises were not coming from the room you are now in, since in the distance, they can still be heard. Java leaps from your arms and begins to look around, sniffing the air slightly as he does so, trying to sense if there is anything untoward in the room along with you. Eventually, in the darkness, the Pikachu pinpointed another being, the pair weren’t alone, “Pi pi pi! Pika!” the electric pokémon began, trying to explain that the two of you had company, but as he did so, whatever the company seemed to be making itself apparent as thuds began to get louder and seemingly closer.

Suddenly, you hear the crackling sound of a tannoy system being switched on, as if somebody somewhere is going to make an announcement and they do. “Leave, now!” a sinister voice fills you with dread, but where was it coming from? Java, obviously not too bothered by this, points to something further along the tracks entering the next room. It appeared to be some sort of pokémon, from where you could see it appeared to be about two foot tall and resembled a dog, but before you could get a better look, it ran through the next set of doors. Walking closer, you see these doors too are emblazoned with a ghost pokémon, this time a Banette with a wide and menacing grin. This doesn’t bother Java, however, as he pushes through and into the next room to follow the mysterious creature, not wanting to wait for you this time…

*got permission to post like this*

Pikachu darts out of Amras' arms and into the next room, sniffing and pikatalking at the same time, proud that she'd found another living thing. Out of the darkness darts a four legged dog pokemon, whom Pikachu quickly follows. Amras takes all this in quickly, vividly aware of the Banette doors and Java's strange earnestness to follow the Pokemon...

Running to keep up with Java, Amras quickly goes over the possibilities of the situation, mainly that the Pokemon is either scared, hostile, or something else... which would of course affect if the Pokemon attacked them or not. Not wanting to be a provocateur, Amras tries to figure out a way to keep a neutral view of the situation while protecting Java from danger...

"Java, lets chase that Pokemon! Keep up with it, but don't attack unless you're attacked first! Make sure you keep the room lit up nicely, and if you do need to defend yourself, use Thunder Wave! We need to give this a chance and not rush into anything..."

Demon Skittle
13th February 2009, 3:15 AM
Round two of updates are here, I’m going to try and get them up as much as possible. Obviously they aren’t going to be huge, since they’re intended to be rapid fire, but that means we can get deep into your adventures quicker :}

Demon Skittle
Processing your orders, the Charmander reluctantly readies itself for the battle with the mysterious creature. At once, her tiny claws begin pulsing with electricity and you see her begin swinging them furiously, not actually aiming for the target but trying to at least get herself free of the sticky situation. At once, whatever had cornered her began climbing the wall and was now on the ceiling above, looking down at the pair of you from the shadows, it still wasn’t completely apparent what the identity of the bizarre thing was, though.

Seeing that she has enough time, she begins to pirouette, glowing slightly as she gains plenty of speed from the strange draconic dance before coming to a stop and glaring up at the ceiling. Strangely, the creature was nowhere to be seen as both you and Alberta look around frantically. Suddenly, in a flash, a shadow leaps in front of the Charmander, scratching her stomach as it does so before stopping in the corner Alberta was previously trapped in. Eyeing her chance, her claws glow a pale silver and she uses her increased speed to turn around and attack the creature, which recoils in pain before revealing its true self to the both of you, it was a Sableye. Cackling to itself, the pokémon begins to crawl onto the ceiling once more, keeping a close eye on both of you from above…

“Saaa!” the pokémon cries, it doesn’t seem to pose a great threat, but why it was attempting to try and trick the two of you was not apparent. Alberta looks towards you in a confused manner as if to say ‘Attack or leave?’. As she does so, the Sableye senses this and crawls back down and stands before the two of you, watching, waiting…Alberta flailed about with her electrically charged claws, not actually hitting the opponent but managing to get herself out of the corner, at least. The strange figure scurried up the walls to get out of the way of the frenzied Charmander and stared at both Alina and Alberta from the ceiling. Alina strained her eyes to see if she could make out what this creature was, but it was still impossible to tell its identity due to the darkness of the room. Still, the way it climbed the walls so fast and how its eyes appeared to glitter from the light of Alberta's tail... it seemed to fit into the description of a certain Pokemon.

Meanwhile, Alberta, who was now a rather pale orange, danced about in a strange fashion to gain speed and power for her next move. However, when she ended her Dragon Dance, the mysterious figure was nowhere to be found. The Charmander looked from side-to-side frantically, trying to find her opponent before it was too late. Curse this fire at the end of her tail! It didn't give a strong enough light for her to see the entire room, but it did make her an easy target. Suddenly, the figure leaped in front of Alberta, scratching the panicked Charmander on her stomach. Alberta almost missed her chance to hit the creature back, and if it wasn't for the increased speed from the Dragon Dance, she surely would have missed. She sharply spun around and dug her claws into the creature, who gave a cry of pain and recoiled, also revealing its identity: a Sableye.

"Oh, that's not too bad," smiled Alina. "You were scared of that thing, Alberta?"

Alberta glared back at her trainer. It was a dark room, it was impossible to tell what it was, and she has an idiot for a trainer. If Alina were in her position she would be terrified too.

Alina yawned and said, "Well, it still woke me up from my nap. Go with a Growl or something, then an Ember, and lastly an Ancientpower..."

Pearl's Perap
13th February 2009, 3:08 PM
[MOAR UPDATEZ!]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Following the mysterious pokémon, you plunge into complete darkness once more but, as ordered, Java the Pikachu re-lights the surroundings. This time, however, the pokémon you had decided to tail was stopped before what looked to be a deep hole below the tracks. Upon close inspection, you realize that it’s a Houndour puppy and it seems to be looking down the hole, obviously too small to simply leap down but not having a whole lot of choice if it didn’t want to be caught up on by you.

“Houn!” the little pokémon turned towards you and Java and barked, spitting out an ember as it did so before taking a leap. As it did, the little pokémon disappeared into the blackness of the pit, plummeting further and further downwards. All of a sudden, you hear a yelp and Java notices the little pokémon did not reach the bottom, but was now caught in what looked like a thick bug web that covered the whole pit, almost like a not-so-safe safety net. The Pikachu looked towards you, he knew full well what landing on one of them entailed, the Houndour was bound to get devoured by whatever pokémon occupies the humongous web. From where it was, you could hear the puppies whimpers and attempts to escape but it was no use, the web’s owner would be there in no time, ready to kill and eat the Houndour.

As expected, you and Java both notice several pokémon surrounding the puppy on the web, they all appear to be Shedinja, bug pokémon that you wouldn’t normally expect to be travelling in a group and preying on other pokémon. As you watch, they get closer and closer before the Houndour fires several ember attacks, buying itself some time. It needs your assistance if it is to survive the bugs…

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
As Alberta processed your orders, the Sableye gathered that you wanted to have a battle and quickly got a scratch attack in first, lunging at the Charmander with its claws bared and dragging them across her face before doing a backwards somersault and chuckling to itself. Quite visibly angered, Alberta does her best to intimidate the pokémon with a growl, which does the trick a little, its eyes widening as you do so. Before the pokémon can get in another attack, the Charmander threw back her head and blew a slurry of embers at the Sableye, which jumped about on the spot, the fire attack doing damage to it, despite its strange typing.

“Sa-sable!” the pokémon cooed as its eye jewels began to glow a strange purple hue. Confused, Alberta looks to you for advise, but as her back is turned, the darkness pokémon unleashes a bolt of thunder-like light in the form of a night shade right into her back. Annoyed and confused, the Charmander swings around and begins to form a huge glowing ball in her little claws before throwing it at the opponent, causing it to fly backwards and hit the wall, significant damage being done. Regaining itself, the pokémon crawls onto the ceiling, seems it wants to battle you from up there.

Alberta at a disadvantage, walks up to you and looks upwards, waiting for you to think up a cunning plan to deal with the pokémon, despite it being upon the ceiling. As she does so, you both hear the Sableye above you, chuckling to itself once again, it was obviously having a feel day messing you around like it was but it wasn’t very funny to the Charmander, who was getting more and more infuriated by it…

Amras.MG
13th February 2009, 5:27 PM
[MOAR UPDATEZ!]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Following the mysterious pokémon, you plunge into complete darkness once more but, as ordered, Java the Pikachu re-lights the surroundings. This time, however, the pokémon you had decided to tail was stopped before what looked to be a deep hole below the tracks. Upon close inspection, you realize that it’s a Houndour puppy and it seems to be looking down the hole, obviously too small to simply leap down but not having a whole lot of choice if it didn’t want to be caught up on by you.

“Houn!” the little pokémon turned towards you and Java and barked, spitting out an ember as it did so before taking a leap. As it did, the little pokémon disappeared into the blackness of the pit, plummeting further and further downwards. All of a sudden, you hear a yelp and Java notices the little pokémon did not reach the bottom, but was now caught in what looked like a thick bug web that covered the whole pit, almost like a not-so-safe safety net. The Pikachu looked towards you, he knew full well what landing on one of them entailed, the Houndour was bound to get devoured by whatever pokémon occupies the humongous web. From where it was, you could hear the puppies whimpers and attempts to escape but it was no use, the web’s owner would be there in no time, ready to kill and eat the Houndour.

As expected, you and Java both notice several pokémon surrounding the puppy on the web, they all appear to be Shedinja, bug pokémon that you wouldn’t normally expect to be travelling in a group and preying on other pokémon. As you watch, they get closer and closer before the Houndour fires several ember attacks, buying itself some time. It needs your assistance if it is to survive the bugs…


The chase was on as Amras and Pikachu raced after the Pokemon, Pikachu quickly Flashing the area back into focus. Eyes adjusting to the darkness, Amras sees that they were chasing a Houdour, a really young one at that. Java looks back at Amras worriedly as the puppy jumps into the hole and yelps as it gets caught. Realizing that the Houndour is in serious trouble, Amras' eyes narrow even more as he sees the Shedinja surround the defenseless pup.

Reaching for his belt, Amras pulls out a Psychic Ball and quickly summons Idrial, his Gardevoir. Knowing that the Shedinja might be calling for backup at any time, Amras knew he had to act quickly in order to save the Houndour. Ordering Idrial to Will-O-Wisp the web that was currently trapping Hondour, Amras crouched near the edge of the hole so he could try to calm down the franctic pup.

"Houndour! I'm going to try and free you with my Gardevoir while Pikachu holds off the Shedinja. Please try to stay calm so you don't get trapped any more. Idrial has great aim, so you should be free soon." said Amras, motioning to Idrial to use Psychic to manipulate the air around Houndour in order to lift it out of the hole once it was freed.

"Java, I need you to use a Thunderbolt to catch the Shedinja's attention, then Ice Punch the hell out of them!"

Pearl's Perap
13th February 2009, 8:28 PM
[Doo-doo-doo c'mon and do tha' updates! Also, sorry for referring to Java as male so much, I forget x_x]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Explaining your plan to your pokémon and the entangled Houndour, the puppy yelps up to you, as if to say 'please hurry'. From the edge of the pit, Idrial shoots several searing hot embers at the web which manages to release the Houndour puppy slightly and scares the Shedinjas backwards a little. Eyeing her chance, Java shoots down a bolt of thunder at the ghostly bugs who back away even more before leaving the web entirely, hovering up towards the Pikachu. As they leave the web, the Gardevoir spies her chance and levitates the Houndour out of its sticky clutches, slowly but surely bringing it to the mouth of the hole and resting it on the ground.

"Pi! Pikachu!" Java cries out as she notices the Shedinja have all managed to reach the top of the pit. Masking its confidence with fear seemed to be working as the bugs cackled, coming closer and closer to the Pikachu before she leapt upwards, paws covering with bitter cold ice as she does so, landing a punch on each of them. Luckily, with the bizarre pokémon having little to no hitpoints as it is, they retreat at once into the shadows, moving off to make another nest where it wont be destroyed by similar encounters.

"...dour..." the puppy pokémon growls, though you have saved it, this pokémon does not seem familiar with human contact and turned once more to face the pit. Looking back to you, Pikachu and Gardevoir with a sinister little grin on its face, it leaps down once more. Plumeting through and past the web this time, you hear a thud and then the pokémon running once again. Despite the fall, the little puppy seemed fine, from what you could hear. "Gaarrr..." Idria purred, before pointing down the hole, she seemed to be sensing something more than just the Houndour in the hole, something far more powerful and dangerous...

Amras.MG
14th February 2009, 1:07 AM
[Doo-doo-doo c'mon and do tha' updates! Also, sorry for referring to Java as male so much, I forget x_x]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Explaining your plan to your pokémon and the entangled Houndour, the puppy yelps up to you, as if to say 'please hurry'. From the edge of the pit, Idrial shoots several searing hot embers at the web which manages to release the Houndour puppy slightly and scares the Shedinjas backwards a little. Eyeing her chance, Java shoots down a bolt of thunder at the ghostly bugs who back away even more before leaving the web entirely, hovering up towards the Pikachu. As they leave the web, the Gardevoir spies her chance and levitates the Houndour out of its sticky clutches, slowly but surely bringing it to the mouth of the hole and resting it on the ground.

"Pi! Pikachu!" Java cries out as she notices the Shedinja have all managed to reach the top of the pit. Masking its confidence with fear seemed to be working as the bugs cackled, coming closer and closer to the Pikachu before she leapt upwards, paws covering with bitter cold ice as she does so, landing a punch on each of them. Luckily, with the bizarre pokémon having little to no hitpoints as it is, they retreat at once into the shadows, moving off to make another nest where it wont be destroyed by similar encounters.

"...dour..." the puppy pokémon growls, though you have saved it, this pokémon does not seem familiar with human contact and turned once more to face the pit. Looking back to you, Pikachu and Gardevoir with a sinister little grin on its face, it leaps down once more. Plumeting through and past the web this time, you hear a thud and then the pokémon running once again. Despite the fall, the little puppy seemed fine, from what you could hear. "Gaarrr..." Idria purred, before pointing down the hole, she seemed to be sensing something more than just the Houndour in the hole, something far more powerful and dangerous...

Amras' plan worked perfectly, Gardevoir and Pikachu working in unison to drive off the Shedinja predators. Burning through the web and lifting Houndour up out of the hole, Idrial showed her immense power and knowledge in the Psychic ways, while Java used her incredible spunk to distract the Shedinja and send them off. Congratulating both of his Pokemon, Amras turned to see the Houndour grinning evilly before jumping into the pit once again, landing deep inside the hole. Sighing, more than a little confused, Amras picked up Java again, and asked her to keep a low Flash going. Motioning Gardevoir over, Amras told the gals his plan.

"Idrial, I want you to lower us down the hole with Psychic while Java keeps our surroundings lit up. Idrial, keep your senses tuned to danger, and warn Java if you can so she can help out with a Thunderbolt or two."

Pearl's Perap
14th February 2009, 1:42 AM
[I’m really cracking through these updates, aren’t I? D:]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Dealing with the previous problem at hand and formulating yet another plan to follow the puppy, you discuss what is next with Gardevoir and Pikachu who nod in unison. Following your discussion, Java leaps up onto your shoulder to continue lighting the way as Idrial slips an arm around your middle, using her telekinetic abilities to hover off of the ground and into the menacing pit. As you descend into the darkness, Java’s flash lighting the way, you pass the web and several Nincada in a crevice, obviously wondering where the Shedinja have disappeared too but they cower into the shadows as you pass, not wanting to fall into the same fate as their parent’s former selves. Eventually, you reach the bottom of the pit and instantly you notice the sheer amount of scorched debris, obviously from the past events in the ghost train.

Sniffing the air, Java points in the direction the Houndour went and begins a hot pursuit, her flash ability lighting the way once more as you and Idria follow close behind. As you follow, the passage seems to get smaller and both you and the Gardevoir find yourself having to duck slightly. However, no sooner do you feel cramped does the tunnel widen out once more and you realize you’ve entered into what seems like a huge cavern beneath the ghost train. Up ahead, you see that the Pikachu has caught Houndour and the two seem to be tussling upon the ground. Not having been told to attack, the Pikachu peers at you from the darkness, awaiting an order or some praise for actually managing to keep tailing and capturing the puppy.

As you reach the two pokémon grappling on the floor, the Houndour manages to fire an ember in the general direction of you and Idria but luckily it misses completely and travels into one of the darkened walls. Realizing that it needed to fight back, rather than wrestle with Java, it slid from her grip and fired another ember attack, this time hitting the Pikachu square between the eyes, causing her to leap back to your feet…

Amras.MG
14th February 2009, 1:57 AM
[I’m really cracking through these updates, aren’t I? D:]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Dealing with the previous problem at hand and formulating yet another plan to follow the puppy, you discuss what is next with Gardevoir and Pikachu who nod in unison. Following your discussion, Java leaps up onto your shoulder to continue lighting the way as Idrial slips an arm around your middle, using her telekinetic abilities to hover off of the ground and into the menacing pit. As you descend into the darkness, Java’s flash lighting the way, you pass the web and several Nincada in a crevice, obviously wondering where the Shedinja have disappeared too but they cower into the shadows as you pass, not wanting to fall into the same fate as their parent’s former selves. Eventually, you reach the bottom of the pit and instantly you notice the sheer amount of scorched debris, obviously from the past events in the ghost train.

Sniffing the air, Java points in the direction the Houndour went and begins a hot pursuit, her flash ability lighting the way once more as you and Idria follow close behind. As you follow, the passage seems to get smaller and both you and the Gardevoir find yourself having to duck slightly. However, no sooner do you feel cramped does the tunnel widen out once more and you realize you’ve entered into what seems like a huge cavern beneath the ghost train. Up ahead, you see that the Pikachu has caught Houndour and the two seem to be tussling upon the ground. Not having been told to attack, the Pikachu peers at you from the darkness, awaiting an order or some praise for actually managing to keep tailing and capturing the puppy.

As you reach the two pokémon grappling on the floor, the Houndour manages to fire an ember in the general direction of you and Idria but luckily it misses completely and travels into one of the darkened walls. Realizing that it needed to fight back, rather than wrestle with Java, it slid from her grip and fired another ember attack, this time hitting the Pikachu square between the eyes, causing her to leap back to your feet…


The adventuresome trio journey down the hole into the depths of the amusement park ride, cautiously but swiftly making their way down. Lighting the way with Flash, Pikachu quickly tracks the Houndour and tackle it, the two wrestling on the ground. Smiling slightly in spite of himself, Amras yelled enthusiastically at Java, praising her for her good work. Mentally asking Idrial to keep an eye on the rest of the cavern, Amras turned his attention to Java as Houndour sprayed her with an Ember.

"You're doing great, Java, I'm really proud of you! Use a Thunderbolt on Houndour, then use Return to hit him hard!"

Amras.MG
14th February 2009, 2:02 AM
[I’m really cracking through these updates, aren’t I? D:]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Dealing with the previous problem at hand and formulating yet another plan to follow the puppy, you discuss what is next with Gardevoir and Pikachu who nod in unison. Following your discussion, Java leaps up onto your shoulder to continue lighting the way as Idrial slips an arm around your middle, using her telekinetic abilities to hover off of the ground and into the menacing pit. As you descend into the darkness, Java’s flash lighting the way, you pass the web and several Nincada in a crevice, obviously wondering where the Shedinja have disappeared too but they cower into the shadows as you pass, not wanting to fall into the same fate as their parent’s former selves. Eventually, you reach the bottom of the pit and instantly you notice the sheer amount of scorched debris, obviously from the past events in the ghost train.

Sniffing the air, Java points in the direction the Houndour went and begins a hot pursuit, her flash ability lighting the way once more as you and Idria follow close behind. As you follow, the passage seems to get smaller and both you and the Gardevoir find yourself having to duck slightly. However, no sooner do you feel cramped does the tunnel widen out once more and you realize you’ve entered into what seems like a huge cavern beneath the ghost train. Up ahead, you see that the Pikachu has caught Houndour and the two seem to be tussling upon the ground. Not having been told to attack, the Pikachu peers at you from the darkness, awaiting an order or some praise for actually managing to keep tailing and capturing the puppy.

As you reach the two pokémon grappling on the floor, the Houndour manages to fire an ember in the general direction of you and Idria but luckily it misses completely and travels into one of the darkened walls. Realizing that it needed to fight back, rather than wrestle with Java, it slid from her grip and fired another ember attack, this time hitting the Pikachu square between the eyes, causing her to leap back to your feet…


The adventuresome trio journey down the hole into the depths of the amusement park ride, cautiously but swiftly making their way down. Lighting the way with Flash, Pikachu quickly tracks the Houndour and tackle it, the two wrestling on the ground. Smiling slightly in spite of himself, Amras yelled enthusiastically at Java, praising her for her good work. Mentally asking Idrial to keep an eye on the rest of the cavern, Amras turned his attention to Java as Houndour sprayed her with an Ember. Amras quickly thought up a plan to get the Houndour threat neutralized, and thought this would be a good way to get Java some good experience at the same time.

"You're doing great, Java, I'm really proud of you! Use a Thunderbolt on Houndour, then use Return to hit him hard!"

Pearl's Perap
14th February 2009, 2:32 AM
[WHAT? ANOTHER UPDATE?]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Watching as the two pokémon glare at each other, you give your first battle orders and Java leaps into action. Right away, the Pikachu’s cheeks began to spark slightly and she shot several bolts of intense electricity right into the Houndour in the form of thunder bolt. Shaking off the attack, the puppy runs directly at Java, fangs bared as it leaps into her, crunching down on her and causing her serious pain.

“Piii!” the Pikachu cries out before glowing a bright white, returning the love it had for its trainer in the form of a battle attack. This causes the Houndour to unlatch and limp backwards slightly before firing out a powerful flamethrower which fills the whole cavern, hitting Java hard and almost lapping at both you and Idrial as you stand watching nearby. Content with its initial attacks, the Houndour puppy grins to itself and begins to growl at you and your pokémon, as if trying to be intimidating despite it being a small pokémon in comparison to both you and your Gardevoir.

Due to Java focusing on battling now, the flash attack from before begins to wear off slightly, leaving the cavern in a murky half-light and preventing you from seeing a whole lot of what was your battlefield. The only pokémon with complete vision over the area is Idrial and that is only because she can sense the movement of the other pokémon with her telekinetic ability. She places a hand on your arm, reassuring you as the cavern becomes darker and darker, another flash attack is clearly needed…

Amras.MG
14th February 2009, 2:44 AM
[WHAT? ANOTHER UPDATE?]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Watching as the two pokémon glare at each other, you give your first battle orders and Java leaps into action. Right away, the Pikachu’s cheeks began to spark slightly and she shot several bolts of intense electricity right into the Houndour in the form of thunder bolt. Shaking off the attack, the puppy runs directly at Java, fangs bared as it leaps into her, crunching down on her and causing her serious pain.

“Piii!” the Pikachu cries out before glowing a bright white, returning the love it had for its trainer in the form of a battle attack. This causes the Houndour to unlatch and limp backwards slightly before firing out a powerful flamethrower which fills the whole cavern, hitting Java hard and almost lapping at both you and Idrial as you stand watching nearby. Content with its initial attacks, the Houndour puppy grins to itself and begins to growl at you and your pokémon, as if trying to be intimidating despite it being a small pokémon in comparison to both you and your Gardevoir.

Due to Java focusing on battling now, the flash attack from before begins to wear off slightly, leaving the cavern in a murky half-light and preventing you from seeing a whole lot of what was your battlefield. The only pokémon with complete vision over the area is Idrial and that is only because she can sense the movement of the other pokémon with her telekinetic ability. She places a hand on your arm, reassuring you as the cavern becomes darker and darker, another flash attack is clearly needed…

Java reacts to Houndours aggression with a furious Thunderbolt, shocking the puppy before Houndour Crunches her. The white light of Java's Return seriously hurts Houndour, and Amras smiles at the power of their bond. Java is hit by a Flamethrower, and Amras winces at the power the small Houndour commanded. Noting the diminishing light, Amras quickly asks Idrial to provide a Flash, hoping to keep Pikachu's attention solely on the battle.

"You're doing great, Java! Use a Volt Tackle to hit Houndour hard, but make sure you protect yourself with a Light Screen if you need to. If you can manage to find an opening, try to sneak another Thunderbolt in there! You can do it!"

Pearl's Perap
14th February 2009, 3:17 AM
[tehehe I can’t get enough of Miasma Heights ;D]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Noticing the diminishing light, you order Idrial to use her own flash attack so as not to distract Java from her heated battle with the Houndour pup. The Gardevoir places both hands together and claps ever so slightly and the whole cavern returns to the being completely lit once again. Regaining their ability to see completely, the two battling pokémon begin once more. Java, sensing that the light screen would be necessary, creates a shield around itself and as she does so, the wild Houndour begins to howl loudly, boosting its morale ready.

“Pipipipipi!” Java cries as she runs to a far side of the cavern before returning, gaining as much speed as she can whilst her whole body becomes engulfed in a mass of electrical energy. As she does so, you notice, despite the howl attack, the Houndour pup looks quite worried but before it can retaliate, the Pikachu in her ball of electrical energy crashes into it, sending it flying in to the cavern wall before it slides limply back down to the ground. Standing up, the wild pokémon looks highly disgruntled with the previous powerful attack before attempting to wreak its revenge. Eyeing its chance as Java returns to her normal self, the pup bares its teeth once more, grabbing her and tossing her into the nearest wall before growling a deep and guttural growl once again in your general direction. Java stands up and faces the Houndour once again, awaiting your next command and hoping it came before the wild pokémon had chance to pull a similar move again…

Amras.MG
14th February 2009, 6:32 AM
[tehehe I can’t get enough of Miasma Heights ;D]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Noticing the diminishing light, you order Idrial to use her own flash attack so as not to distract Java from her heated battle with the Houndour pup. The Gardevoir places both hands together and claps ever so slightly and the whole cavern returns to the being completely lit once again. Regaining their ability to see completely, the two battling pokémon begin once more. Java, sensing that the light screen would be necessary, creates a shield around itself and as she does so, the wild Houndour begins to howl loudly, boosting its morale ready.

“Pipipipipi!” Java cries as she runs to a far side of the cavern before returning, gaining as much speed as she can whilst her whole body becomes engulfed in a mass of electrical energy. As she does so, you notice, despite the howl attack, the Houndour pup looks quite worried but before it can retaliate, the Pikachu in her ball of electrical energy crashes into it, sending it flying in to the cavern wall before it slides limply back down to the ground. Standing up, the wild pokémon looks highly disgruntled with the previous powerful attack before attempting to wreak its revenge. Eyeing its chance as Java returns to her normal self, the pup bares its teeth once more, grabbing her and tossing her into the nearest wall before growling a deep and guttural growl once again in your general direction. Java stands up and faces the Houndour once again, awaiting your next command and hoping it came before the wild pokémon had chance to pull a similar move again…

Idrial lights up the room with a Flash, helping Java and Amras see the Houndour whom they were battling. Pikachu quickly pulls up a Light Screen before hitting Houndour with a powerful Volt Tackle, dealing significant damage to the fire hound. Houndour responds with a Crunch, which makes Amras grimaces as Pikachu cries out in pain. Not wanting to force Pikachu through another one of those, Amras realizes that he needs to find a way to attack the Houndour whilst minimalizing damage to her. Thanking Idrial for doing a superb job with the Flash, Amras quickly shouts out a few words of encouragement to Java and prepares his orders for the battle...

"Java, you're doing awesome right now! Lets try to keep you out of harm as much as possible, so send Houndour flying away from you with a Thunderbolt, then blast it with another Thunderbolt while he's recovering from the last one! Make sure you dodge any physical attacks with an Agility, but don't worry about any special attacks since your Light Screen should still be intact! Lets do this!"

Psychopath
14th February 2009, 10:13 PM
Round two of updates are here, I’m going to try and get them up as much as possible. Obviously they aren’t going to be huge, since they’re intended to be rapid fire, but that means we can get deep into your adventures quicker :}

Rooms 21-40

Psychopath
As the elevator lurched into life, apparent that it had been sitting dormant for quite some time now, it slowly began to ascend to the second floor. Instead of the usual calming yet highly annoying elevator music, you could just hear the mechanics creaking and whining above you which wasn’t the most confidence-boosting sounds whilst riding an already old elevator. Luckily, you reach the second floor and the doors slide open halfway before stopping completely, eyeing your opportunity, you leap out and onto the corridor outside.

Looking around, you see quite a number of doors labelled with various numbers before finally spotting room 34 with a green door and a sign attached to the door. Upon closer inspection, you see that the sign reads ‘Do not disturb, thank you’ but you begin to proceed nonetheless. Sliding the key into the slot, taking a few attempts in the dim light, you begin to turn it and sure enough, you hear a click and the door opens slightly. As it opens, a horrible wave of smell hits your nostrils, a smell of decay and oldness, but you put that aside and cross the threshold.

“Who do you think you are, bursting in here like this?!” a voice suddenly comes from the shadows as a young woman walks out in front of you, however, unlike any normal woman, she seems to be abnormally pale, almost ghostly. Waiting for a reply, she hides something behind her back before focusing her glare on you once more…


Tyson was so tired he didn't care about the state of the elevator as he heard the mechanical grinding of the gears. However when the door opened he stepped out the fastest he could both in fear that the elevator could fail on him and the fact that he wanted to get to slep as soon as possible. He looked at the doors, which were labelled with all sorts of numbers, he walked past all sorts of doors, until he saw a green one with the number 34. He twisted the key and walked in. He smelled a putrid smell and thought about not going in for a second, but knew that he needed rest so he ignored it, "They need to get better maids out here."

He looked at the bed and thought about jumping on and sleeping until he saw he wasn't alone. “Who do you think you are, bursting in here like this?!” The voice was feminine and he saw the source, a young... woman, obviously. He looked at her and saw she had a serious look in her eyes and was hiding something. In closer examination he noticed her skin was abnormally pale, and he realised what she was She's a clown, creepy. Keep it to yourself, clowns are dangerous, twisted individuals.

He looked at the woman, and began to speak, "Look, sorry lady, didn't mean to walk in here, I've had a rough day and need rest. I got this key and came here to get some sleep. I will leave if you want me to, but I need a key to another room. I just need to find a bed for the night." He pulled out a pokeball, and showed it to her. See I was in a battle today, and I am tired, I mean, when anything goes wrong the Vivrava in here uses Firestream, a move she worked so hard to learn, She then always follows it up with a Zap Cannon, and ends it with a Dark Pulse, she is tough." He shook the pokeball, and it shook back, a sign that the Pokemon inside had heard his commands. "I need some rest, can you let me slep here please?" He prepared the ball, in case the woman went hostile.

Demon Skittle
15th February 2009, 5:45 AM
[MOAR UPDATEZ!]

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
As Alberta processed your orders, the Sableye gathered that you wanted to have a battle and quickly got a scratch attack in first, lunging at the Charmander with its claws bared and dragging them across her face before doing a backwards somersault and chuckling to itself. Quite visibly angered, Alberta does her best to intimidate the pokémon with a growl, which does the trick a little, its eyes widening as you do so. Before the pokémon can get in another attack, the Charmander threw back her head and blew a slurry of embers at the Sableye, which jumped about on the spot, the fire attack doing damage to it, despite its strange typing.

“Sa-sable!” the pokémon cooed as its eye jewels began to glow a strange purple hue. Confused, Alberta looks to you for advise, but as her back is turned, the darkness pokémon unleashes a bolt of thunder-like light in the form of a night shade right into her back. Annoyed and confused, the Charmander swings around and begins to form a huge glowing ball in her little claws before throwing it at the opponent, causing it to fly backwards and hit the wall, significant damage being done. Regaining itself, the pokémon crawls onto the ceiling, seems it wants to battle you from up there.

Alberta at a disadvantage, walks up to you and looks upwards, waiting for you to think up a cunning plan to deal with the pokémon, despite it being upon the ceiling. As she does so, you both hear the Sableye above you, chuckling to itself once again, it was obviously having a feel day messing you around like it was but it wasn’t very funny to the Charmander, who was getting more and more infuriated by it…Lol cunning plan. I c what u did thar. :C And holy **** dude, sorry this took so long. I just couldn't get into Serebii -at all- earlier today. Aaaand I kept forgetting to write it. :D

Alina winced as the Sableye's claws scraped across Alberta's face. Alberta gave a cry of pain and covered her face, dancing about in anger and frustration. She gave her opponent a nasty glare, growling as she did so, which intimidated the Sableye a little, thus giving Alberta the chance to throw in an Ember attack before the jeweled Pokemon could react. Alberta stuck out her tongue at the Sableye as it jumped about, trying to shake off the Embers that were burning it. The Pokemon cooed in annoyance and its eyes began to glow a strange purple hue, confusing Alberta and causing her to look to Alina for any ideas as to what it was doing. "Wait, don't turn aroun--" Alina began, but it was too late. The Sableye had already shot a bolt of light right into her back, in the form of a Night Shade. Now that she was thoroughly ****** off, Alberta swung around to form a huge glowing orb in her tiny claws. Alberta had the orb thrown with such force that it had caused the Sableye to fly backwards into the wall behind it, dealing a amount decent damage. The Charmander spat a few embers from her mouth in annoyance as she watched the Sableye quickly scurry up the wall to stare at them from the ceiling. If only she was a Charizard...

"Hum, that won't do at all," Alina mumbled as she stared up at the Sableye. Meanwhile, Alberta was shaking a tiny fist in the direction of her opponent, cursing its very existance while she rubbed her scrached-up face. "Well, we still have some long range-ish moves," the trainer began. "Do you think you can hit it with a Heat Wave, and another Ancientpower? I'm not sure if an Ember would reach it, but it's worth a shot, I suppose..."

Pearl's Perap
15th February 2009, 3:57 PM
[Here we goooo! They’d have been up even sooner but I was tired ;P]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Java begins to put your orders into action right away as the Houndour charges in for a close-up attack, the Pikachu using her speed to keep away from the dog before charging her electrical pouches once more, releasing a harsh thunder bolt on the dark pokémon, causing it some serious damage. As the wild pokémon manages to pull itself together and run towards Java again, she quickly dispatches another thunder bolt attack. This time it becomes apparent that the attack has paralyzed the already low on hitpoints pokémon, who begins to stumble around slightly, its legs temporarily of no good use.

“Houn!” the pokémon cries out, since it’s a puppy, it hasn’t experienced such a horrible feeling before and looks pretty scared by its paralysis. Without your say so, Java approaches the puppy to try and see if it is alright, worried since it is only young. Eyeing its chance, the Houndour bares its teeth as the Pikachu approaches and they seem to set on fire, it was the wild pokémon’s fire fang attack. Not realizing until she is too close, Java gets a serious bite from the paralyzed pokémon, so much so that it inflicts a burn on the poor pokémon before the Houndour releases her from its grip. Java approaches you to show the burn she has been given, it seems like it is hurting her quite a bit every so often, as would be expected.

Rooms 21-40

Psychopath
The young woman gave you an incredibly sour look before an idea light bulb seemed to flicker on in her mind, her eyes glinting as it did. “I guess I could let you sleep here tonight, but when you awaken, I have a favour to ask you and you must complete it…” she began, her face dropping as she did so, there was something serious on her mind. Waiting for an answer, she folds her arms and begins to explain, whether you had chose to do her favour or not, “Y’see, I left my only pokémon in her pokéball in this hotel before I, y’know…” her eyes seemed to be filling with tears, “…died.” she finished abruptly before turning her back and looking out of the window which seemed to face over the whole theme park.

After a few moments, she turned back to you holding back her sorrow as much as she could before wiping her face with one of her long sleeves, “Wi-will you help me?” It became apparent that the woman was a complete wreck without her pokémon at her side, you begin to wonder how long she had actually been confined to the dark room, but there was no point upsetting her further. She began pacing around in the darkness before sitting on the bed, shuffling over to offer you a seat to talk, she didn’t seem at all bad. As you sit, she places a hand on your leg and looks at your with a feeling of pleading in her eyes. When she does so, you notice how cold her hand is, painfully cold in fact…

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
Coming up with a strategy to hit the wild Sableye in its favoured ceiling spot, you give Alberta the next rounds orders which consist of attacks that can hit from a longer range than the previous attacks. Nodding in your direction, the Charmander throws her tiny claws upwards and the surrounding air begins to heat up incredibly, so much so that you have to stand back to save getting burned yourself. Once she has gathered enough burning hot air, she leaps upwards and throws it towards the Sableye, causing it some serious damage before it drops off of the ceiling due to the attack causing its grip to falter. Now directly in front of the Charmander, the Sableye leaps forward, slapping its arms around and baring its dagger-like teeth as it does so which astonishes Alberta, causing her to cower slightly.

“Saaaableye!” the pokémon cries out happily, it had succeeded in causing the Charmander to flinch and, eyeing its chances, jumps onto the top of several crates filled with a variety of silverware before the Charmander can regain herself and retaliate once more. Keeping a close eye on the wild pokémon, you see that it is rocking the highest crate, which seems to be wobbling more and more as it does so. After a while, Alberta regains her confidence but as she does so, the crate is precariously close to the edge of the crate below, it could fall at any moment and crush either you or the little fire lizard pokémon. Seeing the obvious fear in yours and Alberta’s eyes, the wild Sableye grin grows even wider from where it rocks, it seems like the more you fear it, the happier it gets, a very typical dark pokémon. As the Charmander looks up, you notice she seems frozen on the spot at precisely the wrong time as the Sableye leaps behind the crate to give it one final push for good luck…

Amras.MG
15th February 2009, 4:53 PM
[Here we goooo! They’d have been up even sooner but I was tired ;P]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Java begins to put your orders into action right away as the Houndour charges in for a close-up attack, the Pikachu using her speed to keep away from the dog before charging her electrical pouches once more, releasing a harsh thunder bolt on the dark pokémon, causing it some serious damage. As the wild pokémon manages to pull itself together and run towards Java again, she quickly dispatches another thunder bolt attack. This time it becomes apparent that the attack has paralyzed the already low on hitpoints pokémon, who begins to stumble around slightly, its legs temporarily of no good use.

“Houn!” the pokémon cries out, since it’s a puppy, it hasn’t experienced such a horrible feeling before and looks pretty scared by its paralysis. Without your say so, Java approaches the puppy to try and see if it is alright, worried since it is only young. Eyeing its chance, the Houndour bares its teeth as the Pikachu approaches and they seem to set on fire, it was the wild pokémon’s fire fang attack. Not realizing until she is too close, Java gets a serious bite from the paralyzed pokémon, so much so that it inflicts a burn on the poor pokémon before the Houndour releases her from its grip. Java approaches you to show the burn she has been given, it seems like it is hurting her quite a bit every so often, as would be expected.


Java's plan works well as she inflicts major damage on the Houndour, paralyzing the puppy with her mastery of the electrical arts. The Houndour is shocked (haha I made a funny) by the pain and Amras feels pretty bad about that for a second along with Java, not blaming her at all as she approaches the Houndour to see if it's all right. Taking advantage of Java's compassion, the Houndour chomps on Pikachu with a Fire Fang, dealing a lot of damage and burning Pikachu. Amras' heart cries out as Java shows him the burn, and he gives her a hug really quickly before feeding her a Lum Berry (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3175841&postcount=117). Giving Idrial an encouraging pat on the shoulder, Amras bends down to talk to Java really quickly.

"Java, we need to end this battle right now. I don't like the look of that Houndour's paralysis, and we need to be moving... I want you to use as many Thunderbolts as it takes to faint it. After that, I'm going to throw this Pokeball (3/5) (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9292638&postcount=5474) at it. Don't worry about Houndour's paralysis, even if we don't catch it I'm going to feed it a Lum Berry (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3750264&postcount=86) as well. Let's do this Java!"

Pearl's Perap
15th February 2009, 5:09 PM
[Doo-doo-doo speedy Sunday update ;D]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Java, knowing the battle needed to be wrapped up quickly even before you spoke with her nods quickly before leaping in front of the paralyzed wild Houndour once more. As the dark pokémon attempts to fight back, seeming pretty adamant that it isn’t going to lose to you, it doubles up in pain from its condition, unable to move an inch in any direction. The Pikachu, seeing this, charges her cheeks and sends off two powerful thunderbolt attacks, one after the other, which hit the puppy hard, causing its legs to completely give way on it. Collapsing, the wild pokémon gives one last growl before giving in, the fact it was paralyzed made it completely incapable of standing back up. [1 lvl up for Java the Pikachu!]

Spying your chance, you throw the red and white sphere at the immobile Houndour who disappears in a flash of bright light. As the ball lands on the ground, it begins to shake violently before the familiar tone as it stopped once again. [Lvl 5 male Houndour caught!] Seeing it stop, the Pikachu gives you a grin before leaping up to your arms to retrieve the Lum Berry from your hand before jumping back down and approaching the pokéball, nudging the release button with her nose. In an instant, the Houndour appears once more, standing up this time but obviously still paralyzed by a grimace on its face. Java offers the Lum Berry to the dog pokémon as a sort of peace offering. Houndour, clearly in need of the berries healing qualities, wolfs it down in one, his paralysis cleared up instantly. Giving a cheerful howl, the pokémon begins to approach you, his new trainer, slowly but surely.

Amras.MG
15th February 2009, 6:00 PM
[Doo-doo-doo speedy Sunday update ;D]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Java, knowing the battle needed to be wrapped up quickly even before you spoke with her nods quickly before leaping in front of the paralyzed wild Houndour once more. As the dark pokémon attempts to fight back, seeming pretty adamant that it isn’t going to lose to you, it doubles up in pain from its condition, unable to move an inch in any direction. The Pikachu, seeing this, charges her cheeks and sends off two powerful thunderbolt attacks, one after the other, which hit the puppy hard, causing its legs to completely give way on it. Collapsing, the wild pokémon gives one last growl before giving in, the fact it was paralyzed made it completely incapable of standing back up. [1 lvl up for Java the Pikachu!]

Spying your chance, you throw the red and white sphere at the immobile Houndour who disappears in a flash of bright light. As the ball lands on the ground, it begins to shake violently before the familiar tone as it stopped once again. [Lvl 5 male Houndour caught!] Seeing it stop, the Pikachu gives you a grin before leaping up to your arms to retrieve the Lum Berry from your hand before jumping back down and approaching the pokéball, nudging the release button with her nose. In an instant, the Houndour appears once more, standing up this time but obviously still paralyzed by a grimace on its face. Java offers the Lum Berry to the dog pokémon as a sort of peace offering. Houndour, clearly in need of the berries healing qualities, wolfs it down in one, his paralysis cleared up instantly. Giving a cheerful howl, the pokémon begins to approach you, his new trainer, slowly but surely.

Java nods in agreement with Amras' commands and quickly launches a double Thunderbolt barrage towards the Houndour, who whimpers before fainting and collapses to the ground. Tossing a Pokeball towards the fainted Houndour, Amras waits eagerly for the ping of capture and jumps for joy when the ball stops shaking. Smiling broadly, Amras hands Pikachu the Lum Berry for his new Houndour and grins even more as Pikachu and Houndour make up, the Houndour cheerily eating the Lum Berry and howling happily. Hugging Pikachu quickly, Amras bends down onto his knee and holds out his hand to Houndour, not wanting to appear aggressive to his new friend. Houndour walks up to Amras' outstretched hand and licks it before jumping at him, barking happily.

Happy moment over, Amras quickly asks Houndour to take them to where it was going before so they could get to the bottom of this mystery. Recalling Java so she could rest after her battle, Amras motioned for Gardevoir to follow with her Flash, and waited for Houndour to point them to their next destination...

Pearl's Perap
15th February 2009, 6:51 PM
[Another update, hot out of the toy oven :3]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
With a successful capture and a new friend under your belt, you decide to proceed further into the strange under-ride cavern. Asking Houndour to lead the way, you return Java to her pokéball for some well-earned rest. However, as you ask the puppy to take you deeper, a look of fear comes over his face which you can’t quite comprehend. Sensing the fear, Idrial steps forward towards the dark pokémon, kneels and gives him a sympathetic pat on the head before looking at you, a look of concentration in her eyes.

It seems this pokémon has had a traumatic past within this area, we’re going to have to be patient and very careful. I sense that this cavern holds a lot more danger than we could ever imagine… a soothing voice appears within your mind, the Gardevoir is channelling her psychic powers to speak with you telepathically. Resuming her stance next to you, the Gardevoir nods at the puppy, smiling sweetly. With this, the puppy seems to regain a little confidence, it might fear what is to come, but it has new friends by its side. With this boost, the little pokémon barks happily at you before pressing on further into the tunnel.

After a while, the cavern seems to get thinner and thinner once more until you reach a small gap which you could only fit through if you crawled. The Houndour slips through with ease and sits at the other side, its little tail wagging from side to side as it waits patiently for you and Idrial to follow…

Demon Skittle
15th February 2009, 8:36 PM
[Here we goooo! They’d have been up even sooner but I was tired ;P]

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
Coming up with a strategy to hit the wild Sableye in its favoured ceiling spot, you give Alberta the next rounds orders which consist of attacks that can hit from a longer range than the previous attacks. Nodding in your direction, the Charmander throws her tiny claws upwards and the surrounding air begins to heat up incredibly, so much so that you have to stand back to save getting burned yourself. Once she has gathered enough burning hot air, she leaps upwards and throws it towards the Sableye, causing it some serious damage before it drops off of the ceiling due to the attack causing its grip to falter. Now directly in front of the Charmander, the Sableye leaps forward, slapping its arms around and baring its dagger-like teeth as it does so which astonishes Alberta, causing her to cower slightly.

“Saaaableye!” the pokémon cries out happily, it had succeeded in causing the Charmander to flinch and, eyeing its chances, jumps onto the top of several crates filled with a variety of silverware before the Charmander can regain herself and retaliate once more. Keeping a close eye on the wild pokémon, you see that it is rocking the highest crate, which seems to be wobbling more and more as it does so. After a while, Alberta regains her confidence but as she does so, the crate is precariously close to the edge of the crate below, it could fall at any moment and crush either you or the little fire lizard pokémon. Seeing the obvious fear in yours and Alberta’s eyes, the wild Sableye grin grows even wider from where it rocks, it seems like the more you fear it, the happier it gets, a very typical dark pokémon. As the Charmander looks up, you notice she seems frozen on the spot at precisely the wrong time as the Sableye leaps behind the crate to give it one final push for good luck…Alberta clapped her small hands together in triumph as she watched the Sableye fall to the ground from her Heat Wave attack. She began to prepare another orb in her claws until suddenly the Sableye came at her with razor sharp teeth, startling her and making her lose her focus. The Pokemon gave a cry of joy and hurriedly scurried up several crates stacked upon each other. As the Charmander tried to regain herself, the Sableye was attempting to force the top crate off the edge to crush its opponent, grinning wickedly as it did so. "Ah, ****," Alina grumbled and then called out, "Oy, you idiot, get out of the way!"

Alberta looked up to find that the crate was extremely close to the edge, and was going to fall on top of her any second now. At this moment she did an incredibly stupid thing: She simply stood there. Her life didn't flash before her because she was just too scared to think. She just stood there, and pulled a stupid face.

"****!" Alina cursed, throwing a pebble at Alberta to get her back to reality. "Use Heat Wave or something if you're too stupid to move! Incinerate it! Try using Rock Slide on those crates to knock that Sableye down and keep it from getting any more ideas! Thunderpunch it afterward!"

Pearl's Perap
15th February 2009, 9:52 PM
[What’s this? Another update? o:]

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
Freezing in its tracks, the Charmander seemed completely terrified by what the wild Sableye was doing. Deciding that you needed to act quickly to save the little pokémon from being completely squashed by a falling crate, you throw a pebble and as it makes contact, Alberta jumps slightly. Re-focusing on the situation at hand, she processes your command and begins to ready herself for another heatwave attack. Seconds go by as the crate beings to fall right above the Charmander. Luckily, she heats the air up in enough time and the crate falls into the heated atmosphere, bursting into flame before dropping hundreds of silver spoons all across the ground.

With a sigh of relief, Alberta runs at the remaining crates with the Sableye atop. With a lack of rocks to slide at the foe, she slams against the stacked up crates to create a crate slide instead. Leaping backwards once she had successfully caused the tower to fall, she avoids the collapse and manages to keep her balance, despite stepping on several pieces of cutlery. With a final command to follow, she scurries towards the debris and finds the wild Sableye, dazed and confused, holding a knife in one claw and a fork in the other.

“Chaaaar!” Alberta cries, her claws gathering static electricity once again from the surroundings before she slams both into the Sableye. As she does so, the Sableye cries out before fainting where it lies. [Lvl up for Alberta the Charmander] Happy with her victory, the Charmander runs back to your side before collapsing onto her backside by your side, quite obviously exhausted from the heated battle…

Psychopath
15th February 2009, 11:58 PM
[Here we goooo! They’d have been up even sooner but I was tired ;P]


Rooms 21-40

Psychopath
The young woman gave you an incredibly sour look before an idea light bulb seemed to flicker on in her mind, her eyes glinting as it did. “I guess I could let you sleep here tonight, but when you awaken, I have a favour to ask you and you must complete it…” she began, her face dropping as she did so, there was something serious on her mind. Waiting for an answer, she folds her arms and begins to explain, whether you had chose to do her favour or not, “Y’see, I left my only pokémon in her pokéball in this hotel before I, y’know…” her eyes seemed to be filling with tears, “…died.” she finished abruptly before turning her back and looking out of the window which seemed to face over the whole theme park.

After a few moments, she turned back to you holding back her sorrow as much as she could before wiping her face with one of her long sleeves, “Wi-will you help me?” It became apparent that the woman was a complete wreck without her pokémon at her side, you begin to wonder how long she had actually been confined to the dark room, but there was no point upsetting her further. She began pacing around in the darkness before sitting on the bed, shuffling over to offer you a seat to talk, she didn’t seem at all bad. As you sit, she places a hand on your leg and looks at your with a feeling of pleading in her eyes. When she does so, you notice how cold her hand is, painfully cold in fact…

The woman began to speak and Tyson listened intentlyas she spoke, and heard the word "dead." He was shocked. For a while he had actually thought she was a clown. He realised she was a ghost and decided on not sleeping in that room tonight. The thought of a ghost awakened him, luckily he had overslept before so he wasn't tired.

After listening to the woman he made a decision. "I'll help you now." He said as he looked at the cold woman who was looking at him. "I will do it, if I go outside I will have to protect myself well, but I'll do it. "I know death is something that is not pleasant, and being tethered to the earth because you miss your pokemon is enough reason for me to help. I know if I was missing any of my team I would be sad. Where do I have to go? What do I have to do?" He looked at the woman, who was probably surprised by his actions.

Pearl's Perap
16th February 2009, 2:21 AM
Rooms 21-40

Psychopath
Agreeing to help the ghostly woman brings a smile to her face instantly. Instead of letting you just go and find her pokémon, she attempts to hug you, forgetting for a few moments that she isn’t made up of anything causing her to fall right through you, sending a chill through your whole body. “I’m sorry about that, I’m so grateful…” she began and as she did, you noticed a tear roll down her face and disappear instantly as it dripped, “The last time I saw the pokémon was when I worked in the restaurant, I left her pokéball somewhere in the staff room, my locker I believe…”

She stands up once more, placing the item she had hidden from you on the windowsill, it appeared to be some sort of prescription medicine bottle. Seeing you eye the bottle, she turns away, “I was foolish, I only wanted attention but ended up taking too many, I regret my choice but I can’t undo time, I wish I could…” she finished as her voice began to falter. Turning back to you, she offers you a hand to stand up, forgetting once again that she cannot actually pull you up from your seat on the bed. Despite knowing she wasn’t of this world any more, she had obviously not encountered any alive beings in a long while. “Thank you again, I will try and think of some way to reward you for this task, but, I do warn you, this whole place is not what it first seems, since the parks closure, weird events occur tenfold of what they did previously…”

Amras.MG
16th February 2009, 5:06 AM
[Another update, hot out of the toy oven :3]

Ghost Train

Amras.MG
With a successful capture and a new friend under your belt, you decide to proceed further into the strange under-ride cavern. Asking Houndour to lead the way, you return Java to her pokéball for some well-earned rest. However, as you ask the puppy to take you deeper, a look of fear comes over his face which you can’t quite comprehend. Sensing the fear, Idrial steps forward towards the dark pokémon, kneels and gives him a sympathetic pat on the head before looking at you, a look of concentration in her eyes.

It seems this pokémon has had a traumatic past within this area, we’re going to have to be patient and very careful. I sense that this cavern holds a lot more danger than we could ever imagine… a soothing voice appears within your mind, the Gardevoir is channelling her psychic powers to speak with you telepathically. Resuming her stance next to you, the Gardevoir nods at the puppy, smiling sweetly. With this, the puppy seems to regain a little confidence, it might fear what is to come, but it has new friends by its side. With this boost, the little pokémon barks happily at you before pressing on further into the tunnel.

After a while, the cavern seems to get thinner and thinner once more until you reach a small gap which you could only fit through if you crawled. The Houndour slips through with ease and sits at the other side, its little tail wagging from side to side as it waits patiently for you and Idrial to follow…

Amras follows his Houndour slowly, careful to give the fire puppy his space. Upon being warned by Idrial of the Houndour's fearful state of mind, Amras nods and rubs Houndour's head sympathetically, thanking Idrial for her timely heads-up. Amras, Idrial, and Houndour make their way through the cavern, Houndour finally disappearing through a small gap in the wall. Noting the size of the hole, Amras grimaces as he crawls through Army style, increasingly glad that he had taken the time to work out before coming to the deserted fair. Hearing Idrial giggle behind him, Amras grumbles and forces himself out of the hole, glaring playfully at Idrial who had just managed to levitate herself through the hole at a completely horizontal angle. Hoping the playful banter would help put Houndour at ease, Amras quickly praised his new friend and stood up, waiting patiently for Houndour to lead the way...

Psychopath
16th February 2009, 5:16 AM
Rooms 21-40

Psychopath
Agreeing to help the ghostly woman brings a smile to her face instantly. Instead of letting you just go and find her pokémon, she attempts to hug you, forgetting for a few moments that she isn’t made up of anything causing her to fall right through you, sending a chill through your whole body. “I’m sorry about that, I’m so grateful…” she began and as she did, you noticed a tear roll down her face and disappear instantly as it dripped, “The last time I saw the pokémon was when I worked in the restaurant, I left her pokéball somewhere in the staff room, my locker I believe…”

She stands up once more, placing the item she had hidden from you on the windowsill, it appeared to be some sort of prescription medicine bottle. Seeing you eye the bottle, she turns away, “I was foolish, I only wanted attention but ended up taking too many, I regret my choice but I can’t undo time, I wish I could…” she finished as her voice began to falter. Turning back to you, she offers you a hand to stand up, forgetting once again that she cannot actually pull you up from your seat on the bed. Despite knowing she wasn’t of this world any more, she had obviously not encountered any alive beings in a long while. “Thank you again, I will try and think of some way to reward you for this task, but, I do warn you, this whole place is not what it first seems, since the parks closure, weird events occur tenfold of what they did previously…”

After the chilling embrace he listened to the woman, he heard every single detail. From what she'd told him he guessed she was on narcotics and it had killed her. Oh well, everyone deserves a second chance, her's will just have to be in the afterlife. “Thank you again, I will try and think of some way to reward you for this task,"

"There's no need to thank me, you've lived your life, I want to help you pass on. You say its in a pokeball in a locker, Got it. Also, don't worry, I have my own pokemon to defend myself with." He waved a pokeball in the air, which probably hurt the pokemon inside. "I'm going to leave, please stay here, I don't want to return only to find out 'the princess is in another castle!'" With that he was off. He headed towards the elevator, pressed the button, and stepped in and pressed the button that lead to the first floor. After a few anxiety-filled seconds he went to the check in counter, where he looked for any keys to the restaurant or something similar. When he found nothing he went towards the kitchen. He stepped through the double doors and into the kitchen. He was surprised to see an ornate room with beautifully decorated tables, with food still on them. "If I didn't know better I would be scarfing down some of this food." He felt chills running down his back, as if there was a disturbing presence or an essence, but he shrugged it off. He saw some bouble doors and entered through them, and he entered the Kitchen. He looked around as he spoke "she said she worked for the restaurant so she probably had a locker somewhere in the ba-aack." He felt something again, maybe he was being paranoid, but he decided not to risk it, especially with all the knifes on the walls. He pressed the button on the pokeball he had in his hand, which belonged to a certain Digga' the Vivrava. he spoke again, "Hey girl, I have a creepy feeling about this place, we're looking for some lockers." She nodded, "Also, I'm scared, Stay with me. I'll explain it to you while we search. It all started about half an hour ago, when I entered this hotel..."

Pearl's Perap
16th February 2009, 6:55 PM
Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Watching on as you crawl awkwardly through the small gap, Houndour appears to chuckle to itself a little and licks at your face before you can even protest. After the time you take to get through, Idrial merely hovers through with very little ease, causing you to glare at her playfully. Now that all three of you were on the other side, the Gardevoir's flash lighting the tunnel once more, you could see that it had become instantly wider. All around you was what looked like burned and damaged construction equipment, wood and the like. Sniffing around, the Houndour puppy leads you deeper into the bizarre area before stopping in his tracks.

Up ahead is what looks to be a makeshift shack and there seems to be a light eminating from the inside. Looking down to Houndour, you notice the fear has returned to his young face, he had obviously been here previously and wasn't really planning on returning any time soon. Idrial proceeds to attempt to calm the pup down once again, stroking him calmly on the back with an elegant hand. Approaching the shack, you hear movement inside before a voice rings out behind you, "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Spinning on the spot, you see what looks to be a little old woman, complete with a shawl and cane, "ANSWER ME, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS PLACE?!" she shouted again, obviously not used to visitors in this sinister abode of hers...

Rooms 21-40

Psychopath
Making your way out of room 34 and pacing back down the corridor you had walked up not that long ago, you arrive at the elevator. Pressing the button, the doors open and you slip inside, pressing for the ground floor and hoping for the best. Luckily, the elevator works fine and you arrive at the lobby once again with no problems in the slightest. Deciding to look for a key of some sort, you gaze over the check-in desk but you can't seem to see a key for the restaraunt or the kitchens. Deciding to simply try your luck, you begin to make your way over to where they are located nonetheless, through a set of beautiful double doors.

Entering the humongous restaraunt, you are hit with the sight of untouched and non-decayed food, which confuses you to a great extent, this hotel was bizarre beyond words. Spying the door to the kitchens, located behind a counter filled with a variety of foods from all over the world, even a Slowpoke tail with a large knife lieing next to it. This makes you shudder, the rumour that they were in fact a delicacy was quite obviously true, as absurd as they were. Sliding around the counter, you make for the kitchen door, pushing it open with complete ease. Inside, the room is already well-lit, a bright light still working for some reason above the central table. All of the various cabinets and the refrigirator were slightly blinding in the light, which wasn't a nice feeling. Feeling strange on your own, you decide to release Digga the Vibrava who greets you with a wide grin before landing on a nearby counter, nearly missing a stationary knife. Suddenly, you hear a loud thud come from a door through the kitchen with the word 'STAFF' emblazoned on it. Intrigued, Digga flies across to the door and hovers outside before another thud is heard...

Demon Skittle
16th February 2009, 7:21 PM
I could have sworn that I replied to this. Gawd.


[What’s this? Another update? o:]

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
Freezing in its tracks, the Charmander seemed completely terrified by what the wild Sableye was doing. Deciding that you needed to act quickly to save the little pokémon from being completely squashed by a falling crate, you throw a pebble and as it makes contact, Alberta jumps slightly. Re-focusing on the situation at hand, she processes your command and begins to ready herself for another heatwave attack. Seconds go by as the crate beings to fall right above the Charmander. Luckily, she heats the air up in enough time and the crate falls into the heated atmosphere, bursting into flame before dropping hundreds of silver spoons all across the ground.

With a sigh of relief, Alberta runs at the remaining crates with the Sableye atop. With a lack of rocks to slide at the foe, she slams against the stacked up crates to create a crate slide instead. Leaping backwards once she had successfully caused the tower to fall, she avoids the collapse and manages to keep her balance, despite stepping on several pieces of cutlery. With a final command to follow, she scurries towards the debris and finds the wild Sableye, dazed and confused, holding a knife in one claw and a fork in the other.

“Chaaaar!” Alberta cries, her claws gathering static electricity once again from the surroundings before she slams both into the Sableye. As she does so, the Sableye cries out before fainting where it lies. [Lvl up for Alberta the Charmander] Happy with her victory, the Charmander runs back to your side before collapsing onto her backside by your side, quite obviously exhausted from the heated battle…Biting her lip, Alina watched the crate slide off the edge and plummet towards the Charmander. She closed her eyes as the crate came dangerously close to crushing Alberta until she heard the splintering and burning of wood and the crash of silverware scattering all over the place. As Alina gave a sigh of relief, Alberta went to work on creating a "crate slide," with the Sableye being at the top of the tower of crates. The crates came tumbling down in another huge crash, more cutlery being dispersed throughout the room. It really sucks for whoever has to clean this up, Alina thought as she watched Alberta charge through the debris Hulk style, electrically charged claws flailing about. Hearing a crash, Alina assumed that Alberta had found the Sableye and finished it off, once and for all. The trainer watched her Charmander stumble out from the debris and plop down by her side, obviously exhausted from the battle she had just won. Alina smiled and congratulated her Charmander, who merely glared at her for taking her to a place such as this.

"Man, you've made such a mess," Alina said as she looked over the cutlery-covered room and then began to search her pocket for the right Pokeball. Alberta tried to object but Alina had already found a Pokeball and returned the Charmander back inside it. Now that she was alone in the room, Alina did notice a slightly eerie feeling to it, but tried to pay no mind to it. It was probably because the light was off, anyway. She began to wander away from the devastation, not quite sure what to do now, since her nap had been ruined. She probably wouldn't be able to get back to sleep for hours... not after that battle anyway.

"I wonder if the lights work anymore," the young trainer mumbled as she wandered about the storeroom. This room was a lot bigger than she thought...

Psychopath
17th February 2009, 4:07 AM
Rooms 21-40

Psychopath
Making your way out of room 34 and pacing back down the corridor you had walked up not that long ago, you arrive at the elevator. Pressing the button, the doors open and you slip inside, pressing for the ground floor and hoping for the best. Luckily, the elevator works fine and you arrive at the lobby once again with no problems in the slightest. Deciding to look for a key of some sort, you gaze over the check-in desk but you can't seem to see a key for the restaraunt or the kitchens. Deciding to simply try your luck, you begin to make your way over to where they are located nonetheless, through a set of beautiful double doors.

Entering the humongous restaraunt, you are hit with the sight of untouched and non-decayed food, which confuses you to a great extent, this hotel was bizarre beyond words. Spying the door to the kitchens, located behind a counter filled with a variety of foods from all over the world, even a Slowpoke tail with a large knife lieing next to it. This makes you shudder, the rumour that they were in fact a delicacy was quite obviously true, as absurd as they were. Sliding around the counter, you make for the kitchen door, pushing it open with complete ease. Inside, the room is already well-lit, a bright light still working for some reason above the central table. All of the various cabinets and the refrigirator were slightly blinding in the light, which wasn't a nice feeling. Feeling strange on your own, you decide to release Digga the Vibrava who greets you with a wide grin before landing on a nearby counter, nearly missing a stationary knife. Suddenly, you hear a loud thud come from a door through the kitchen with the word 'STAFF' emblazoned on it. Intrigued, Digga flies across to the door and hovers outside before another thud is heard...


Tyson heard a thud from behind a door labeled 'STAFF.' Digga', being the inquisitive pokemon she was, walked behind the door, her kite-like wings buzing as she took off for a short flight, which was her new favorite hobby. He wearily followed. Before he could walk in however, he heard another thud. Worried about his pokemon he ran in, not afraid to get himself hurt. "What's wrong?!" he frightenedly yelled as he ran towards the room, he wanted to protect his pokemon, and would defend her at any cost.

Normally he would have busted in quickly, (poke)Balls in the air, and released his pokemon to help him out. This time was different. She was a strong pokemon, and she was there to protect herself. If there was a scrape to get out of she would do it. with his help. He couldn't think of anything to do since he didn't know what was hapening so he just yelled "If anything other than me get's close use firestream on it!" He ran in, not looking back.

Amras.MG
17th February 2009, 5:04 AM
Ghost Train

Amras.MG
Watching on as you crawl awkwardly through the small gap, Houndour appears to chuckle to itself a little and licks at your face before you can even protest. After the time you take to get through, Idrial merely hovers through with very little ease, causing you to glare at her playfully. Now that all three of you were on the other side, the Gardevoir's flash lighting the tunnel once more, you could see that it had become instantly wider. All around you was what looked like burned and damaged construction equipment, wood and the like. Sniffing around, the Houndour puppy leads you deeper into the bizarre area before stopping in his tracks.

Up ahead is what looks to be a makeshift shack and there seems to be a light eminating from the inside. Looking down to Houndour, you notice the fear has returned to his young face, he had obviously been here previously and wasn't really planning on returning any time soon. Idrial proceeds to attempt to calm the pup down once again, stroking him calmly on the back with an elegant hand. Approaching the shack, you hear movement inside before a voice rings out behind you, "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Spinning on the spot, you see what looks to be a little old woman, complete with a shawl and cane, "ANSWER ME, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS PLACE?!" she shouted again, obviously not used to visitors in this sinister abode of hers...


Houndour sniffs the ground exploratoratively before moving forwards in the cavern. Idrial's Flash lights up the giant tunnel, illuminating the charred remains of construction equipment and general ride machinery. Approaching a makeshift shack, Houndour starts to whine quietly, obviously reliving horrible memories. Amras picks up his little puppy and hold him tightly, looking at Idrial in concern as a little old lady appears, complete with creepy shawl and eerily aggressive personality. Slightly taken aback by the stranger's rudeness, Amras quickly whispers to Idrial to try and sense her intentions (Ralts line are Pokedex'd as being able to sense emotions), and moves forwards to talk to the lady, holding Houndour protectively.

"I am Amras, a Pokemon Trainer. I am exploring these ruins with my friends, and we are trying to solve the mystery of why this area burned down. We are merely seeking truth."

Pearl's Perap
17th February 2009, 5:31 PM
Storeroom

Demon Skittle
Returning Alberta to her respective pokéball, the loneliness of the area you are in seems to encroach on you more and more with each passing second. Shaking it off, you decide to look for a light switch. Finding what you can only presume to be the correct switch, you flip it upwards. Nothing. Annoyed by this, you begin to hunt around the room once more, there was bound to be something of interest. Peering around in the darkness, there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot more than furniture and hotel-related items, nothing too interesting at all. Suddenly, behind you, a sliding metal trapdoor you hadn’t noticed previously seemed to be opening up on it’s own. It seemed the switch wasn’t not working, it was simply old. You soon realize that, if that trapdoor had have been in its full working condition, you would have no doubt fallen into the strange passage.

Approaching the square hole, you peer into the blackness, it was even darker than the store room and it seemed very dusty. Sneezing, you hear it echo a number of times, it seemed like the pit wasn’t too deep, but to be completely sure. Standing up, you pace away from the hole, accidentally slipping on one of the fallen spoons which skids across the floor and into the darkness. Within a matter of two seconds, you hear the metallic clatter, confirming your suspicions that the whole wasn’t very deep at all. From within your pockets, one of your pokéballs shakes a little before the all-too-familiar voice appears.

[i]Go down, you know you want to whispers Prestige into your very mind with his telepathic abilities, even in his pokéball he seemed to be able to quite easily plague you if he so wished to…

The Kitchens

psychopath
Slowly entering the room, it doesn’t appear to actually contain anything intimidating. An old dilapidated refrigerator in a corner, obviously used for the staff to bring in their own food for some reason or another. There was also several couches, all of which looked quite worn as if they had been in the room for some time. “Viii!” Digga cries, shocked by the sound seemingly coming from nothing. Inquisitive, she begins to flit around the room, attempting to find an explanation, things don’t make such loud noises on their own, there had to be logic behind the thud.

Stepping into the middle of the room, you glance around yourself, unable to think of an explanation either. Eventually, annoyed by the noise freaking you out, you have a little sit down to calm your nerves. As you do so, Digga cries out, it seems that she has found something and as you turn, you notice the fridge shaking violently. Approaching it causes it to stop moving and the couches to all lift upwards into the air a few inches. Terrified by what was happening, you close your eyes and everything seems to stop, apart from the fridge door, which opens outwards on its own, revealing what seems to be nothing more than a bottle. Examining closer, a bony hand appears from the back, grabbing in the bottle before screeching at you, “GOT MILK?!” Shocked by this, you fall backwards, landing on your backside. At once, Digga slaps at the refrigerator door, closing it so the hand was ‘trapped’…

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Approaching the woman, you pick up the Houndour pup in a protective manner and Idrial begins to try and sense why the woman is here via her emotions. However, she glances to you with a look of confusion, for some reason, she cannot sense anything at all about this strange woman, which makes your mind swirl with confusion. “Amras, eh? You shouldn’t be down here, this place was closed many moons ago…” The woman spoke, she seemed to have calmed down a little since the initial encounter where she shouted quite a bit, “Stop trying to sense my motives with your puny Gardevoir, it wont work…” She grins at you, despite her age and appearance, she is definitely quite observant.

“And also, hello…Lucien…” As she speaks, you feel the Houndour in your arms squirm before whimpering. It appears as if she seems to already know the pokémon you recently battled and captured. Idrial, as confused by the situation as you, stands a little closer. Despite her tough outer shell, even the Gardevoir was worried by the current situation. “But enough of this crap, you want to know the truth, you say? I know the truth, but who says I’m going to tell a puny youngster like yourself?” She cackled, which echoed heavily through the whole cavern, a sound you couldn’t escape from even if you tried your hardest. Houndour looked up to you with a horrible sadness in his eyes, whoever this woman was, she certainly wasn’t pleasant…

Amras.MG
17th February 2009, 6:33 PM
Amras.MG
Approaching the woman, you pick up the Houndour pup in a protective manner and Idrial begins to try and sense why the woman is here via her emotions. However, she glances to you with a look of confusion, for some reason, she cannot sense anything at all about this strange woman, which makes your mind swirl with confusion. “Amras, eh? You shouldn’t be down here, this place was closed many moons ago…” The woman spoke, she seemed to have calmed down a little since the initial encounter where she shouted quite a bit, “Stop trying to sense my motives with your puny Gardevoir, it wont work…” She grins at you, despite her age and appearance, she is definitely quite observant.

“And also, hello…Lucien…” As she speaks, you feel the Houndour in your arms squirm before whimpering. It appears as if she seems to already know the pokémon you recently battled and captured. Idrial, as confused by the situation as you, stands a little closer. Despite her tough outer shell, even the Gardevoir was worried by the current situation. “But enough of this crap, you want to know the truth, you say? I know the truth, but who says I’m going to tell a puny youngster like yourself?” She cackled, which echoed heavily through the whole cavern, a sound you couldn’t escape from even if you tried your hardest. Houndour looked up to you with a horrible sadness in his eyes, whoever this woman was, she certainly wasn’t pleasant…[/color]

The strange woman grins evilly, somehow managing to deflect Gardevoir's powerful control of the Psychic arts and preventing her from reading the lady's intentions. Amras' eyes narrow as she taunts him and Idrial, and he holds Houndour more tightly, letting the fire puppy know he's there for support. The old lady seems to know Houndour, and calls him "Lucien", although Amras notices that Houndour does not react well to this name at all. Glancing at his visibly worried Gardevoir, Amras knows that he needs to comfort his new Pokemon and put off a strong image at the same time. Turning Houndour to face him, Amras touches the pup softly on the head.

"You are not Lucien. Your name is Rensing, and you are now purified. Let her burden you no longer, Rensing.... Idrial, we need to find out what's going on right now. Use Imprison to prevent the use of Psychic abilities, and if needed restrain her with a Thunder Wave. Causing pain to Rensing is enough reason for me to act. Don't fall for any tricks."

Psychopath
18th February 2009, 5:33 AM
[I forgot to change the areas above your names, they’re fixed now :}]

The Kitchens

psychopath
Slowly entering the room, it doesn’t appear to actually contain anything intimidating. An old dilapidated refrigerator in a corner, obviously used for the staff to bring in their own food for some reason or another. There was also several couches, all of which looked quite worn as if they had been in the room for some time. “Viii!” Digga cries, shocked by the sound seemingly coming from nothing. Inquisitive, she begins to flit around the room, attempting to find an explanation, things don’t make such loud noises on their own, there had to be logic behind the thud.

Stepping into the middle of the room, you glance around yourself, unable to think of an explanation either. Eventually, annoyed by the noise freaking you out, you have a little sit down to calm your nerves. As you do so, Digga cries out, it seems that she has found something and as you turn, you notice the fridge shaking violently. Approaching it causes it to stop moving and the couches to all lift upwards into the air a few inches. Terrified by what was happening, you close your eyes and everything seems to stop, apart from the fridge door, which opens outwards on its own, revealing what seems to be nothing more than a bottle. Examining closer, a bony hand appears from the back, grabbing in the bottle before screeching at you, “GOT MILK?!” Shocked by this, you fall backwards, landing on your backside. At once, Digga slaps at the refrigerator door, closing it so the hand was ‘trapped’…

Both Digga and Tyson were shocked at the hand that appeared out of the fridge. He was so shocked at it that he was almost as pale as the woman from earlier, and that wasn't an easy task! He thought of the fact that he didn't know where the lockers where or which one belonged to the woman. He decided to talk to the hand! He talked to Digga, "Hold that door as tightly as you can while I speak to the hand. If it escapes and begins to look at either of us in a hostile manner hit it with Firestream. If not then just hold the door.

He tapped on the door of the refrigerator, the only thing that kept him away from a ghostly hand that could potentially scare the crap out of him even more. "Mister hand, No I do not want milk, thanks though. I was wondering do you know where the lockers are? I was wondering, because you see this lady," He described her to it "and she needs to get her pokemon to pass on. Could you please point me in the direction of the lockers?" If you can I shal walk that way, and we'll leave you alone. If not, well thanks anyway"

He stopped talking and looked at Digga. "You having any trouble keeping that door close?" She shook her head. "Looks like we could be here for a while if we wanted to." Digga noddded and they both looked at the fridge.

Pearl's Perap
18th February 2009, 8:17 PM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
With your kind words to the Houndour the woman scoffed prior to laughing loudly, “You can change his name all you want, it will in no way change who he is…” her eyes glinted as she spoke. She began to approach you, despite her age, she could hobble quite quickly. As she got closer and closer, Rensing squirmed once again. However, Idrial swooped in front of you, spreading out both of her arms and glared at the woman. “I’m not going to be blocked by a mere Gardevoir…” she spoke again, but Idrial wasn’t going to give up so quickly. As commanded, the Gardevoir swung her arms forward, electricity pulsing through them as she directed a thunder bolt at the woman. However, as the attack made contact, the woman seemed to squirm, but instead of pain, the attack seemed to tickle her.

“Like I said, she is but a Gardevoir, I have power far superior…” the woman cackled before offering a withered hand to you, “The name is Atrocia, now, do you want your answers or not?” Seeing that you did not want to shake her hand in the slightest, she snatched it back, slipping it into her shawl once more before a smile spread across her whole face. She obviously had a reason to be down in these catacombs, but with Houndour being in a strange state, you were determined to discover who she really was before you find out what she was doing living in such a bizarre location. The light within the strange shack was still flickering, was she the only person down here or was she merely the greeter? There would only be one way to find out…

The Kitchens

psychopath
Once you had explained your current predicament to the disembodied hand, which seemed to have settled within the refrigerator once more, both you and Digga stand waiting for some sort of response. As you wait, you feel a tapping on one of your shoulders and spin around instantly to see nothing. When you do so, the Vibrava releases her grasp on the fridge door and, as soon as she does so, the hand slips through, followed by an arm.

“Thanks for that, I was only playin’ around, but I guess I took it a little far…” a small voice appeared along with the hand and arm as a little boy crawled from within the refrigerator. He didn’t stand very tall and seemed to be wearing a rather old-fashioned attire. Confused by what he was doing hiding in a fridge, Digga looks him up and down, which seems to offend the child, “What you lookin’ at, eh?” he sneered, licking his tongue out at the Vibrava before skipping over to the couches and jumping up and down. Watching as he does this, you notice he seems to get higher and higher with each jump, almost as if he is as light as a feather. Seeing this, Digga looks to you with a grin before joining the boy, hovering around in the air, her wings buzzing as they flap quicker and quicker. “So, a pokéball, you say? I might know where it is, but I might not too…” he winked in your direction as he jumped up and down…

Demon Skittle
19th February 2009, 5:10 AM
Storeroom

Demon Skittle
Returning Alberta to her respective pokéball, the loneliness of the area you are in seems to encroach on you more and more with each passing second. Shaking it off, you decide to look for a light switch. Finding what you can only presume to be the correct switch, you flip it upwards. Nothing. Annoyed by this, you begin to hunt around the room once more, there was bound to be something of interest. Peering around in the darkness, there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot more than furniture and hotel-related items, nothing too interesting at all. Suddenly, behind you, a sliding metal trapdoor you hadn’t noticed previously seemed to be opening up on it’s own. It seemed the switch wasn’t not working, it was simply old. You soon realize that, if that trapdoor had have been in its full working condition, you would have no doubt fallen into the strange passage.

Approaching the square hole, you peer into the blackness, it was even darker than the store room and it seemed very dusty. Sneezing, you hear it echo a number of times, it seemed like the pit wasn’t too deep, but to be completely sure. Standing up, you pace away from the hole, accidentally slipping on one of the fallen spoons which skids across the floor and into the darkness. Within a matter of two seconds, you hear the metallic clatter, confirming your suspicions that the whole wasn’t very deep at all. From within your pockets, one of your pokéballs shakes a little before the all-too-familiar voice appears.

[i]Go down, you know you want to whispers Prestige into your very mind with his telepathic abilities, even in his pokéball he seemed to be able to quite easily plague you if he so wished to…"A light switch!" Alina cried, never so delighted to see such a thing. However, when she flipped the switch, nothing happened... Now it was Alina's turn to have her hopes and dreams crushed in mere seconds. This room was really kind of creepy, to be honest...

She began to walk away, cursing and kicking up dust from the ground, until she was interrupted by the sound of sliding metal behind her. She jerked her head around to see what was happening, or what was following her, but saw nothing... except a hole in the ground, right below the light switch, and right where she had stood a second ago. Peering inside the square cut hole, she cursed again and said "What a shitty hotel, trying to kill innocent girls like me with trap doors. The lights don't even work, for love of God!"

She couldn't see the bottom of the pit, but it didn't seem deep, considering it only echoed a few times when she sneezed. The trainer stood back up, deciding not to jump down into that hole, for fear of something horrific waiting for her at the bottom. But still, she was curious...

As she thought this over, she stepped back a few paces, gracefully slipping on a spoon, letting out another loud "****", and listening to the spoon clatter down to the bottom of the pit within 2 seconds, along with the echoes of her curse. That proved that the hole wasn't too deep...

"Go down, you know you want to," whispered that familiar voice. "You're an idiot, I know, but I think you know enough about physics to know that the hole isn't that deep."

Alina glared down at her pocket. She wasn't that stupid... She just has her moments. "We don't even know if it's safe for me to jump down. There could be something waiting down there, after all..."

"Just go," Prestige whined. "You can't think logically anyway, so please, spare me the agony."

Ignoring that last comment, Alina sat at the edge of the trap door, her curiosity now overwhelming. She couldn't hear anything scurrying around down there, after all, so it probably was safe for her to jump down. But how would she get out..? So, knowing she would regret this later, she jumped down the hole, praying that weren't any spikes or anything along those lines at the bottom.

Amras.MG
19th February 2009, 5:31 AM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
With your kind words to the Houndour the woman scoffed prior to laughing loudly, “You can change his name all you want, it will in no way change who he is…” her eyes glinted as she spoke. She began to approach you, despite her age, she could hobble quite quickly. As she got closer and closer, Rensing squirmed once again. However, Idrial swooped in front of you, spreading out both of her arms and glared at the woman. “I’m not going to be blocked by a mere Gardevoir…” she spoke again, but Idrial wasn’t going to give up so quickly. As commanded, the Gardevoir swung her arms forward, electricity pulsing through them as she directed a thunder bolt at the woman. However, as the attack made contact, the woman seemed to squirm, but instead of pain, the attack seemed to tickle her.

“Like I said, she is but a Gardevoir, I have power far superior…” the woman cackled before offering a withered hand to you, “The name is Atrocia, now, do you want your answers or not?” Seeing that you did not want to shake her hand in the slightest, she snatched it back, slipping it into her shawl once more before a smile spread across her whole face. She obviously had a reason to be down in these catacombs, but with Houndour being in a strange state, you were determined to discover who she really was before you find out what she was doing living in such a bizarre location. The light within the strange shack was still flickering, was she the only person down here or was she merely the greeter? There would only be one way to find out…


Idrial's Thunderwave technique failed to affect the old crone as she seemed to shrug off the attack, smirking at Idrial's inability to affect her. Amras was growing increasingly uncomfortable with the situation, expecially the way Houndour was reacting to the lady... and he knew he needed answers. Deciding not to provoke the lady further, Amras motions for Idrial to back down, but uses his mental link with her to instruct her to be ready with a quick Psychic should Atrocia attempt to attack them. Holding Rensing tightly, Amras set his jaw, not quite sure of what he was doing, but knowing that it had to be done.

"Atrocia, I would like to know your past. Why do you live down here, and how have you come to have such a great power in you that it can repel even a Gardevoir's psychic abilities? I would like to know the past of this area as well, if you do not mind. And above all, I need to know what Rensing has gone through..."

Tyranidos
19th February 2009, 2:25 PM
[center]
Rollerquaza: A solitary rollercoaster as you come through the park’s entrance. The ride is designed around the legendary pokémon Rayquaza and its home, the Sky Pillar of the Hoenn region. The highest peak of the ride reaches, much like the pokémon itself, high into the clouds themselves. The final drop on the ride leads the rider to a darkened tunnel where people have apparently gone missing for days at a time, reporting a bizarre force as they plunged deep within the shadows.

Tyrant cautiously walked into Miasma Heights, the abandoned theme park. "Hmm, this place is pretty mysterious. Good to warrant an excellent adventure." Tyrant said, a bit happy about the strangeness of the place. As soon as he entered the place, he saw a roller coaster, shaped like a Rayquaza, zoom past him. "Woah! That looks like a lot of fun." Tyrant said, running to the entrance of the ride. "I bet the Rollerquaza will be tons of fun, even if the rumors are true about the mysterious tunnel." Tyrant said happily, but a little spooked at the same time. The roller coaster stopped and he swung into it, ready for the ride of his life.

Pearl's Perap
19th February 2009, 7:01 PM
Storeroom

Demon Skittle
Contemplating what could be in the hole, you eventually decide that it would be a good idea to slide yourself down, despite horrific thoughts of spikes and other various implements down the hole making you overthink the situation a lot. Lowering your legs into the square, you grab the edges with your arms and swing downwards, holding onto the edge of the trapdoor before eventually deciding to release your weight. As you fell, you couldn't help but let out a tiny scream, you might have been brave but you were plunging into an unknown area, anything could have been dwelling at the bottom, waiting for you to plummet downwards.

Luckily, the fall was as far as you estimated, little over two metres, which seemed like nothing once you had lowered yourself down by your hands anyway. Peering around, you see that there is no way you will be able to advance further without any form of light source around you. You didn't even know if there was anywhere to go, you were just standing in complete pitch black. A dripping in the distance confirmed that you weren't merely in a pit, but a tunnel branching off of the storeroom. It would be a wise idea to try and shed some light on the predicament in some way or another, otherwise getting lost in the dark abyss that was this tunnel was completely inevitable. In your pocket, the Abra's pokéball shook once again, this time, a blinding red flash appeared along with it. With this, you presumed that the psychic pokémon had released himself.

[i]C'mon, what're you waiting for, *******... his spoke into your mind, slight humour in his voice. After all, you had just leaped into a dark hole without having any clue what could be dwelling within its bowels...

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
The woman looked at you, baring her teeth as her grin widened even further than before. Turning, she began to walk towards the beaten shack, seemingly ignoring your probing questions as to why she was in such a location, why she could repel such attacks and why was she connected with your newly captured companion, Rensing. As she reached the door and pushed it open, letting the light within spill out onto the burnt ground, she turned to you once more, "Come in, I will answer all of your queries..." With this, she disappeared behind the door once more.

Idrial, using her keen telepathic abilities, aimed an arm towards the shack, scanning it slowly to attempt to see if the woman had any tricks up her sleeve. From what the Gardevoir could sense, she had simply entered and made her way to an arm chair before resting in it. She did not appear to have any ulterior motives. Rensing looked up to you with a look of understanding, though he had a scarring past with the hag, he knew that you both wanted and needed answers to your questions. The Houndour yapped in your arms as if to tell you to follow her and, as he did so, Idrial began to lead the way to the shack before waiting for you at the door frame....

Rollerquaza

Tyranidos
Arriving at the park and deciding to ride upon the first ride that came into view, the Rollerquaza, you walk along the empty queueing stations before arriving at the boarding platform. Waiting, you see the draconic carriages coming into view, swooping down the ultimate drop before entering the shadows before re-emerging before you. The Rayquaza's face seemed to be snarling maniacally at you and as you clambered aboard, you could swear that it even seemed to move on its own, as if it was alive.

It seemed like an eternity as the ride whirred into life, sending you flying backwards into your comfy chair as it accelerated you forwards at an unusually great speed. Regaining yourself and managing to take a few breaths, the ride suddenly becomes highly enjoyable, even firing out lights from the dragon pokémon's mouth in the style of hyper beam. Suddenly, the ride seemed to be slowing down at a rapid rate before coming to a complete halt. On the tracks up ahead, there seemed to be something on the tracks and the ride, being rather high tech, had sensed this and stopped before ploughing right into it. It seems that the ride will not continue until whatever it was on the track was moved. From where you were, you could see that whatever it was seemed to be squirming around, caught between the wooden slats of the rollercoaster's track. It seemed the only way you could continue on your ride was to help out whatever was stuck...

Amras.MG
19th February 2009, 10:24 PM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
The woman looked at you, baring her teeth as her grin widened even further than before. Turning, she began to walk towards the beaten shack, seemingly ignoring your probing questions as to why she was in such a location, why she could repel such attacks and why was she connected with your newly captured companion, Rensing. As she reached the door and pushed it open, letting the light within spill out onto the burnt ground, she turned to you once more, "Come in, I will answer all of your queries..." With this, she disappeared behind the door once more.

Idrial, using her keen telepathic abilities, aimed an arm towards the shack, scanning it slowly to attempt to see if the woman had any tricks up her sleeve. From what the Gardevoir could sense, she had simply entered and made her way to an arm chair before resting in it. She did not appear to have any ulterior motives. Rensing looked up to you with a look of understanding, though he had a scarring past with the hag, he knew that you both wanted and needed answers to your questions. The Houndour yapped in your arms as if to tell you to follow her and, as he did so, Idrial began to lead the way to the shack before waiting for you at the door frame....
[/color]

Amras hesitates slightly as Idrial scans the shack, and for some reason is not in the least comforted when she informs him that the lady doesn't seem to have anything up her sleeves. This whole business was giving him an uneasy feeling, and Amras knew that something just wasn't... right here. Why would there be an old lady with the ability to block psychic abilities in the underbelly of an old ride? And why would Houndour be acting so weirdly? Amras' creep vibe was going off a mile a minute here, and stepping into the doorway, Amras clutched Rensing tight and walked through...

Pearl's Perap
19th February 2009, 10:46 PM
[Sorry about the update not being very easy to reply to D:]

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Entering the hut with Rensing in your arms and Idrial at your side, you are hit with a strange smell. It appeared that Atrocia had an incense burner lit in the corner of the room. Looking over, you notice she had gotten herself comfy in a tatty armchair and was motioning her hand to another chair nearby. “Take a seat, child…” she whispered. Without even wanting to, a bizarre force seemed to you’re you forwards towards the chair before you sat down automatically. Noticing your confusion, she grins before speaking once again, this time getting as close to you as she can, “…I’m going to answer your questions now…” she began, “I travelled down here in recent years, you see, my son contacted me not long before the closure, he spoke of something…something evil…” As she finished, she looked at Rensing, this time it was very much a different look than before, she seemed to be showing compassion. “I’m not as evil as you may have first thought, I simply have a façade, you see, I do indeed know Rensing, as you have so nicely named him, in fact, he was once mine…”

Sliding off of the armchair, she moved aside a curtain which seemed to be covering the bare cavern wall. As she did, you heard several yaps as a large hole in the wall came into view, in the hole there was several more Houndour, “Here are his siblings…” She bent down, lifting one up and showed it to you before returning to her seat, bringing the puppy with her. “I know this all seems very bizarre, but I had to test you slightly, I don’t want just anyone running around these caverns, they’re far more dangerous than you’d believe!” she said, motioning around the room as she spoke of the cavern, “There is an intricate tunnel system, not to mention many horrifi creatures…” As she finished, she looked to you, knowing more questions would need to be answered…

Amras.MG
19th February 2009, 11:15 PM
[Sorry about the update not being very easy to reply to D:]

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Entering the hut with Rensing in your arms and Idrial at your side, you are hit with a strange smell. It appeared that Atrocia had an incense burner lit in the corner of the room. Looking over, you notice she had gotten herself comfy in a tatty armchair and was motioning her hand to another chair nearby. “Take a seat, child…” she whispered. Without even wanting to, a bizarre force seemed to you’re you forwards towards the chair before you sat down automatically. Noticing your confusion, she grins before speaking once again, this time getting as close to you as she can, “…I’m going to answer your questions now…” she began, “I travelled down here in recent years, you see, my son contacted me not long before the closure, he spoke of something…something evil…” As she finished, she looked at Rensing, this time it was very much a different look than before, she seemed to be showing compassion. “I’m not as evil as you may have first thought, I simply have a façade, you see, I do indeed know Rensing, as you have so nicely named him, in fact, he was once mine…”

Sliding off of the armchair, she moved aside a curtain which seemed to be covering the bare cavern wall. As she did, you heard several yaps as a large hole in the wall came into view, in the hole there was several more Houndour, “Here are his siblings…” She bent down, lifting one up and showed it to you before returning to her seat, bringing the puppy with her. “I know this all seems very bizarre, but I had to test you slightly, I don’t want just anyone running around these caverns, they’re far more dangerous than you’d believe!” she said, motioning around the room as she spoke of the cavern, “There is an intricate tunnel system, not to mention many horrifi creatures…” As she finished, she looked to you, knowing more questions would need to be answered…

Amras enters the hut and hesitantly sits down, guided by a strange and powerful force. Flinching slightly as the old lady leans in towards him, confusion floods across his face. The old lady explains that she travelled to the underbelly recently after hearing from her son about something evil, and that the evil facade is just to root out the unworthy. Upon her mentioning that she had to test them, and that Rensing is part of a litter that she owns, Amras is hit with a few thousand questions at once, which he manages to reduce to just a few...

"Alright... I'm not sure if I believe you quite yet ma'am. Are you a Houndour breeder? And what are the evil creatures here? And also... if there is an intricate tunnel system, where does it lead to?"

Pearl's Perap
19th February 2009, 11:42 PM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Atrocia looked at you, smiling again. You couldn’t comprehend anything she had just said; it was as if she had undergone a complete personality transplant. “You have good reasons not to believe me, to be quite honest…” she spoke quietly, “These caverns, they seem to have a strange force within them, in the whole time I have been here I haven’t been able to explain this, but I know there is something weird.” At first, it seemed she was avoiding the question about the Houndours, but she was reminded by the pup in her arms licking her wrinkled cheek, “Oh no, I’m not a Houndour breeder, I found this litter when they were mere eggs, all bar Rensing, who was guarding them with all his might…” Standing up once more, the woman hobbled quickly to an old bookshelf, removing a scripture before sitting down before you once again. “When I found the eggs and Rensing, I had been trying to follow this, it appears to be some sort of map, but quite a bit is missing…”

Sliding the scroll beneath her arm, the old woman reached a hand over and stroked Rensing, this time, his reaction was completely different. He enjoyed the old woman giving him attention. “It seems he is having repercussions of the events he had gone through prior to me finding him, he doesn’t fear me…” As she said this, the Houndour pup looked up to you, nodding and licking at your chin. By the reaction of the pokémon, you could tell that this woman wasn’t telling any lies, living in the catacombs had made her a little bit strange. “As for these tunnels, I have no idea where they lead, I just know that my son never returned after entering them, that’s the reason I came here. He went in search of the cause of the horrific fire…” As she mentioned her child, she turned away; you could see tears forming in her eyes as she did so. Seeing this, Rensing slid from your grip and tugged at her arm, trying to give her attention before barking at you and motioning towards the door to leave…

Amras.MG
20th February 2009, 1:03 AM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Atrocia looked at you, smiling again. You couldn’t comprehend anything she had just said; it was as if she had undergone a complete personality transplant. “You have good reasons not to believe me, to be quite honest…” she spoke quietly, “These caverns, they seem to have a strange force within them, in the whole time I have been here I haven’t been able to explain this, but I know there is something weird.” At first, it seemed she was avoiding the question about the Houndours, but she was reminded by the pup in her arms licking her wrinkled cheek, “Oh no, I’m not a Houndour breeder, I found this litter when they were mere eggs, all bar Rensing, who was guarding them with all his might…” Standing up once more, the woman hobbled quickly to an old bookshelf, removing a scripture before sitting down before you once again. “When I found the eggs and Rensing, I had been trying to follow this, it appears to be some sort of map, but quite a bit is missing…”

Sliding the scroll beneath her arm, the old woman reached a hand over and stroked Rensing, this time, his reaction was completely different. He enjoyed the old woman giving him attention. “It seems he is having repercussions of the events he had gone through prior to me finding him, he doesn’t fear me…” As she said this, the Houndour pup looked up to you, nodding and licking at your chin. By the reaction of the pokémon, you could tell that this woman wasn’t telling any lies, living in the catacombs had made her a little bit strange. “As for these tunnels, I have no idea where they lead, I just know that my son never returned after entering them, that’s the reason I came here. He went in search of the cause of the horrific fire…” As she mentioned her child, she turned away; you could see tears forming in her eyes as she did so. Seeing this, Rensing slid from your grip and tugged at her arm, trying to give her attention before barking at you and motioning towards the door to leave…

Amras listens to the old lady's story attentively, growing increasingly ashamed of himself for immediately deeming her as an evil person and treating her as such. As the various pieces of her past fell into place, Amras began to realize that there was now almost irrefutable evidence that the fire that had destroyed the fair was purposeful... and that the thing creating that fire was still alive. Seeing Rensing's reaction to the old woman change, Amras suddenly realized that he had captured the leader of the Houndour pups, although one of them would undoubtedly be able to step up now. Heart reaching out to the old lady's loss of her son, Amras pats her arm and apologizes for his behavior before following Rensing and Idrial to the door. Pausing slightly before leaving, Amras turns back to the old lady again and thanks her for clearing up some of the mystery.

"Thank you Atrocia. I'm sorry for my behavior, and I hope you can forgive me. I promise I will return to help train the next Houndour for your litter, in repayment for taking their leader."

And with that, Amras and Idrial followed Rensing out of the shack, and deeper into the Underbelly...

Pearl's Perap
20th February 2009, 1:37 AM
[Didn’t notice you’d replied, otherwise this would have been up sooner D:]

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Leaving the shack and Atrocia behind, you wave a farewell to the woman and as you both do so, she shouts to you, “Wait, you might find this useful!” Approaching her once more, a frail hand slips from within her shawl, producing what looked to be a rather old and decrepit looking key, “I found this when I was hunting for my son, I believe he might have dropped it at some point...” Placing the cool key in your palm, she waves you off once more before returning to her shack.

Rensing sniffed the air before sniffing at your pocket, the location of the newly obtained key. It seemed as if he was struggling to pick up anything, but he began to walk all around the cavern anyway before stopping at an out of place boulder. It seemed as though, during the inferno, this might have shifted from its original position. Idrial stepped in, rubbing a hand over the rock calmly, finally determining that the entrance to the tunnel system Atrocia spoke of was located directly behind it. Finding this crucial piece of information out, she smiles knowingly at you, waiting for you to decide on how you would try and move it out of the way…

http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/undergroundkey.gif Strange dusty key obtained!

Psychopath
20th February 2009, 2:38 AM
The Kitchens

psychopath
Once you had explained your current predicament to the disembodied hand, which seemed to have settled within the refrigerator once more, both you and Digga stand waiting for some sort of response. As you wait, you feel a tapping on one of your shoulders and spin around instantly to see nothing. When you do so, the Vibrava releases her grasp on the fridge door and, as soon as she does so, the hand slips through, followed by an arm.

“Thanks for that, I was only playin’ around, but I guess I took it a little far…” a small voice appeared along with the hand and arm as a little boy crawled from within the refrigerator. He didn’t stand very tall and seemed to be wearing a rather old-fashioned attire. Confused by what he was doing hiding in a fridge, Digga looks him up and down, which seems to offend the child, “What you lookin’ at, eh?” he sneered, licking his tongue out at the Vibrava before skipping over to the couches and jumping up and down. Watching as he does this, you notice he seems to get higher and higher with each jump, almost as if he is as light as a feather. Seeing this, Digga looks to you with a grin before joining the boy, hovering around in the air, her wings buzzing as they flap quicker and quicker. “So, a pokéball, you say? I might know where it is, but I might not too…” he winked in your direction as he jumped up and down…

He looked at the child in relief, as a disenbodied hand is creepier than a dead child. Wait, how did that make sense. He looked at him, and since Digga' seemed to be comfortable with the young specter he decided to speak. "What do you mean by 'I might not'? Do you just not want to help me? There is a woman who needs to pass over, and she can't pass over without my help, please tell me all imformation you have, maybe helping her is whats keeping you here. If you help us it may be beneficial for you. If not we will be on our way." He looked around for a door, and pointed to one, we'll start there if you don't help us. He pulled Digga' close to him, to make sure she wouldn't be hurt if the boy was hostile. "Viv-raaaa" she cried as she stood next to him.

Amras.MG
20th February 2009, 3:08 AM
[Didn’t notice you’d replied, otherwise this would have been up sooner D:]

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Leaving the shack and Atrocia behind, you wave a farewell to the woman and as you both do so, she shouts to you, “Wait, you might find this useful!” Approaching her once more, a frail hand slips from within her shawl, producing what looked to be a rather old and decrepit looking key, “I found this when I was hunting for my son, I believe he might have dropped it at some point...” Placing the cool key in your palm, she waves you off once more before returning to her shack.

Rensing sniffed the air before sniffing at your pocket, the location of the newly obtained key. It seemed as if he was struggling to pick up anything, but he began to walk all around the cavern anyway before stopping at an out of place boulder. It seemed as though, during the inferno, this might have shifted from its original position. Idrial stepped in, rubbing a hand over the rock calmly, finally determining that the entrance to the tunnel system Atrocia spoke of was located directly behind it. Finding this crucial piece of information out, she smiles knowingly at you, waiting for you to decide on how you would try and move it out of the way…

http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/undergroundkey.gif Strange dusty key obtained!

Amras is stopped by the old lady as he walks out of her shack and is given a strange key, possibly dropped by the lady's son. Accepting the key, Amras, Rensing and Idrial walk back out to the burnt underbelly, Rensing stopping them before an out of place boulder. Noting that Houndour seemed to be tracking the scent through here, Amras patted him on the head and looked to Idrial for confirmation. Nodding her head after scanning the rock, Idrial confirmed that, indeed the entrance to the tunnel system was directly behind this. Thanking Idrial as well, Amras quickly asked her to move it with a Psychic, and prepared to go through the tunnel system... Upon making sure that they were safe with their current situation, Amras quickly held out the key to Rensing so he could refresh his scent, and they continued in the catacombs of the Underbelly...

Pearl's Perap
20th February 2009, 3:22 AM
The Kitchen

Psychopath
Eyeing you and Digga keenly, the boy settles down from his playfulness and sits down on the couch, “Okay, I guess I’ll co-operate… if you and I have a pokémon battle first…” the boy finished with a grin, “If you choose to accept, we’ll take it into the restaurant, the room is far better for a battle, what with it being so spacious…” As he finished, you noticed the boy slip both hands into his pockets, removing two material pokéballs, despite him quite clearly not being material himself. Not wanting to wait around for your answer, the child leaves the room at once and runs off into the dining area, clambering atop one of the larger tables before looking back in your direction, “C’mon, do you want my help or not? I haven’t had a battle in many moons…” he seemed pretty determined to challenge you, since he was dead, there was no doubt it had been a long time since he had had the chance to partake in a pokémon battle, “Oh, and I’ve just realized how rude I am, challenging you without even giving you my name, I’m Oscar.”

Fully entering the room, you watch in awe as all of the tables and chairs seem to levitate upwards on their own before moving to either side of the humongous dining area, leaving two tables at either end, the one that Oscar was standing on and one he had left for you to stand on, if you so wished…

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Idrial, merely lifting a finger, soon shifted the boulder blocking your way with complete ease and with this a tunnel was revealed. It seemed to only be big enough if one was to crawl, due to the very low ceiling. Offering the key once more to Rensing, he begins at once down the burrow-like tunnel, looking back to see if you are in a crawling position yet. Entering quickly, you look back to see the Gardevoir in her carefree horizontal position once again, seemingly making absolutely no effort to move behind you, whereas you struggle, crawling towards a completely unknown location. After a while, you notice a distinct lift in the temperature of the tunnel, but pay no real attention, after all, you had better things to concentrate on.

“Hounnnn!” Rensing barked, he had reached the end of the tunnel at last and, as you catch up, he laps at your face with his big pink tongue. Seeing this, Idrial smiles before the two of you exit the tunnel. Standing up, you glance around the new location, it seemed very similar in ways to the previous caverns, just this time there was no debri or scorched wood, just more tunnels. At once, a strange sight catches your eye. Despite the tunnel being blocked by a boulder, there appeared to be what looked like human footprints in the dusty soil, bare footprints. As you notice this, the Houndour pup beings to sniff at them, attempting to determine the right tunnel, it seemed to be confused, as if there was more than one scent in the soil. Rensing eventually decides on a direction, motioning towards a tunnel and, as he does so, a scream appears from the opposite tunnel. Torn between the two directions, footprints one way and a scream in the other, you must make a choice…

Amras.MG
20th February 2009, 6:04 PM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Idrial, merely lifting a finger, soon shifted the boulder blocking your way with complete ease and with this a tunnel was revealed. It seemed to only be big enough if one was to crawl, due to the very low ceiling. Offering the key once more to Rensing, he begins at once down the burrow-like tunnel, looking back to see if you are in a crawling position yet. Entering quickly, you look back to see the Gardevoir in her carefree horizontal position once again, seemingly making absolutely no effort to move behind you, whereas you struggle, crawling towards a completely unknown location. After a while, you notice a distinct lift in the temperature of the tunnel, but pay no real attention, after all, you had better things to concentrate on.

“Hounnnn!” Rensing barked, he had reached the end of the tunnel at last and, as you catch up, he laps at your face with his big pink tongue. Seeing this, Idrial smiles before the two of you exit the tunnel. Standing up, you glance around the new location, it seemed very similar in ways to the previous caverns, just this time there was no debri or scorched wood, just more tunnels. At once, a strange sight catches your eye. Despite the tunnel being blocked by a boulder, there appeared to be what looked like human footprints in the dusty soil, bare footprints. As you notice this, the Houndour pup beings to sniff at them, attempting to determine the right tunnel, it seemed to be confused, as if there was more than one scent in the soil. Rensing eventually decides on a direction, motioning towards a tunnel and, as he does so, a scream appears from the opposite tunnel. Torn between the two directions, footprints one way and a scream in the other, you must make a choice…

Idrial quickly lifts the rock and proceeds to tease Amras about his inability to get through the small hole easily. Rolling his eyes, Amras crawls again, noting the temperature spike as a point of interest, but turning his attention to Rensing as he attacks his face... WITH A TOUNGE. Immediately Amras feels a strange sensation in his stomach as he notices bare footprints... Who would come here without shoes? This is just too creepy... Amras starts to follow Rensing as he determines the right way to go as far as the scent of the key is, but is petrified when he hears the scream.

Amras immediately motions to Idrial and Rensing, and all three quickly set off down the tunnel where they heard the scream coming for. Key scent or not, Amras knew he could not just stand by and go on his journey while another being was in pain. Bracing himself for whatever he was about to witness, the trio rushed down the tunnel, hopefully in time to help...

Psychopath
21st February 2009, 1:53 AM
The Kitchen

Psychopath
Eyeing you and Digga keenly, the boy settles down from his playfulness and sits down on the couch, “Okay, I guess I’ll co-operate… if you and I have a pokémon battle first…” the boy finished with a grin, “If you choose to accept, we’ll take it into the restaurant, the room is far better for a battle, what with it being so spacious…” As he finished, you noticed the boy slip both hands into his pockets, removing two material pokéballs, despite him quite clearly not being material himself. Not wanting to wait around for your answer, the child leaves the room at once and runs off into the dining area, clambering atop one of the larger tables before looking back in your direction, “C’mon, do you want my help or not? I haven’t had a battle in many moons…” he seemed pretty determined to challenge you, since he was dead, there was no doubt it had been a long time since he had had the chance to partake in a pokémon battle, “Oh, and I’ve just realized how rude I am, challenging you without even giving you my name, I’m Oscar.”

Fully entering the room, you watch in awe as all of the tables and chairs seem to levitate upwards on their own before moving to either side of the humongous dining area, leaving two tables at either end, the one that Oscar was standing on and one he had left for you to stand on, if you so wished…

Tyson saw the boy pull out two pokeballs, and wondered how they could have stayed on his person without any material to keep them up. A question for later. "Sure, I'll battle. What about a two-on two battle then? You have two pokeballs and I'm assuming you have two pokemon. I have many pokemon with me." He looked at Digga', "She's definetly in the match, and," He pulled a pokeball out, "He will too." He threw the ball in the air, to reveal a little blue turtle with a blue hat and a wristband, Tyson's squirtle, Valor. After some quick greetings the three smiled and looked at the boy, Oscar.

-Hayward-
21st February 2009, 2:28 PM
A big thank you to Pearl's Perap for allowing me in. *bows respectfully*

Skreeeeech! The canary yellow taxi skidded to a sudden halt. As a pale cloud, reeking of burning rubber enveloped the outside of the cab, a gruff baritone voice bellowed within. “WHAT?! Whadd’ya mean ya don’ have no money?! Cain’t ya read the sign?! No free rides! That’s it! Out ya go!” Without warning, the cab’s left rear door shot open at such an alarming speed that it was nearly flung off its hinges. Two figures quickly scrambled out of the back seat of the rusty sedan. Tripping over each other in their haste, they landed with a Thud! in the middle of the road. They were on their feet in an instant though, brushing themselves off. Two sets of wary eyes remained fixed on the car, unsure what would happen next.

The driver angrily hit the gas and the cab lurched forward, closing the still-open backdoor with a mighty slam. Tires squealing, it kicked up bits of dust and gravel as it sped off down the road, leaving the two figures coughing in its wake. Less than a hundred metres later though, the car’s brake lights blinked scarlet. It backed up hurriedly and stopped in front of the astonished pair. With a squeak, the driver’s window slid down and a brown messenger bag flew out. As the satchel windmilled through the air, the top flap came undone, scattering its contents all about. A moment later, the bag landed unceremoniously at the feet of the taller figure. He hastily collected all his spilt belongings, scooped them into his pack, and dusting it off, slung it over his shoulder.

Inside the vehicle, the cabbie shook his head disdainfully and muttered, “Sheesh. I thought kids these days were loaded.” Giving the pair one last scornful look, he closed the window and zoomed off. The duo watched the car, growing smaller and smaller as it sped away, until it became just a tiny speck in the distance. When it had disappeared from view altogether, the two figures looked at each other, shrugged simultaneously, and set off down the road at a leisurely pace.

Clad in a black jacket, black trousers, and white adidas running shoes, the trainer Benjamin Hale was the taller of the figures. A former member of the gang Red Gyarados, Ben had left home seeking to atone for the sins of his past. The small Meditite ambling alongside him was Medeo; reckless partner, traveling companion, and longtime friend.


* * *

Ben and Medeo had been following the road in silence for quite some time, enjoying the sights and sounds of the scenic countryside, when they noticed what appeared to be a purplish fog just up ahead. Medeo turned to Ben, a quizzical expression on his tiny face. The teenage trainer returned the look, yet motioned towards the oddly colored cloud. Equally curious, the two friends trotted closer to investigate. Unsure what to expect, they slowed a few metres from the cloud, and cautiously crept the remainder of the way. As he peered into the thick fog, Ben bolted in astonishment at discovering that it surrounded an abandoned amusement park.

All at once, as if brought on by the purple fog, Ben was embraced by feelings of melancholy nostalgia. Like phantom ushers, his memories carried him to a time many years ago; before he joined the Red Gyarados. Things were simpler then; he was younger, his parents hadn’t split up yet, and he hadn’t run away from home. His mother and father had taken him to an amusement park just like this one then, and the three of them had spent the day enjoying the rides, tents, and shows along the midway. It was so long ago that it seemed to him like another place, another time, another life. Ben’s memory of innocence lost was fleeting though and didn’t last for long. It became as cloudy as the lavender vapors swirling around him and disappeared into the fog.

Standing beside Medeo, Ben’s grey-green eyes surveyed the landscape stretching out before them. It must have been a remarkable place in its prime he thought. He imagined children enjoying themselves, and for a moment, even thought he could hear the faint sounds of their laughter. Shaking his head, he figured he must be hearing things, as the park had clearly been abandoned for quite some time. As he viewed the towering attractions, themed buildings, and multicolored booths adorning the now vacant park, he couldn’t help but wonder at the reason for its closure. While he pondered over it, a feeling of foreboding - perhaps, once again brought on by the fog - suddenly filled him with unease. This place seemed to him like the perfect haunt for Dark Pokemon. He spoke quietly to his little partner, “I don’t know, mate… I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Glancing at Medeo, he noticed the hesitant look on the Meditite’s tiny face. Clearly his diminutive companion had also sensed something ominous about the eerie violet cloud and the empty park.





Game shacks: Several coconut shies and various other games huts are dotted around the perimeter of the theme park. Though they have no human operating them, the prizes still lie behind the counters intact and unchanged since the closure. Why not have a go at them for yourself? Everyone loves a souvenir plushie…




Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, Ben thought hard as he considered their next course of action. A terrible gambler with rotten luck, he had recently lost all of their coins at Jirachi's Casino. To make matters worse, their bellies were nearly as empty as his coincase. He couldn’t remember the last time they had had a decent meal. At that moment, almost as if in on cue, Medeo’s stomach gurgled pitifully. They were broke and they were hungry. Money and food were what they needed. While he completely expected the abandoned theme park would be unable to provide them with anything either fresh or edible, perhaps they could at least find something valuable to sell amongst the deserted booths. With that thought in mind, he nodded to Medeo and the two set off towards the game shacks ringing the outskirts of the park…
____________________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Demon Skittle
23rd February 2009, 1:40 AM
Storeroom

Demon Skittle
Contemplating what could be in the hole, you eventually decide that it would be a good idea to slide yourself down, despite horrific thoughts of spikes and other various implements down the hole making you overthink the situation a lot. Lowering your legs into the square, you grab the edges with your arms and swing downwards, holding onto the edge of the trapdoor before eventually deciding to release your weight. As you fell, you couldn't help but let out a tiny scream, you might have been brave but you were plunging into an unknown area, anything could have been dwelling at the bottom, waiting for you to plummet downwards.

Luckily, the fall was as far as you estimated, little over two metres, which seemed like nothing once you had lowered yourself down by your hands anyway. Peering around, you see that there is no way you will be able to advance further without any form of light source around you. You didn't even know if there was anywhere to go, you were just standing in complete pitch black. A dripping in the distance confirmed that you weren't merely in a pit, but a tunnel branching off of the storeroom. It would be a wise idea to try and shed some light on the predicament in some way or another, otherwise getting lost in the dark abyss that was this tunnel was completely inevitable. In your pocket, the Abra's pokéball shook once again, this time, a blinding red flash appeared along with it. With this, you presumed that the psychic pokémon had released himself.

[i]C'mon, what're you waiting for, *******... his spoke into your mind, slight humour in his voice. After all, you had just leaped into a dark hole without having any clue what could be dwelling within its bowels...Letting out a cry of terror, Alina swung down into the trap door, thoughts of being brutally mauled when she hit the bottom swimming through her head. However, in a little less than a few seconds, Alina hit a nice, solid floor without her feet being impaled or waking up some beastly Pokemon that would rip her in two. She looked at the ground below her, then up at the trap door she just jumped through, and blushed. It was only about... 1 foot above her head. I mean, she definately didn't think the hole was deep, but...

"Well at least nobody saw that," Alina reassured herself as she looked around the new room she was in, although there wasn't much to see, since it was way too dark. Meanwhile, Prestige decided to help himself out of his Pokeball, blinding Alina with a flash of red light. "C'mon, what're you waiting for, *******," said Prestige. "You're so slow, let's go!"

"But..." began Alina, straining her eyes to attempt to see through the darkness. "We won't be able to see anything. Alberta's too tired to actually shed some light for us. Unless you want to act as a radar thing with your psychic powers..."

The Abra scoffed as he made up an excuse. After all, he just wanted to watch. "Nah, that's more trouble than it's worth," he said, letting out a yawn. "Why don't you release Ana? She knows Flash."

"Wait, that creepy Flaaffy? No way am I letting her out, not in a place like this." Alina said as she shuddered at the thought of that little pink sheep staring at her blankly in this run-down hotel.

"Hm, yeah, she is kind of spooky," Prestige agreed, nodding his head. "Well, Alberta may be tired, but she probably has enough energy to walk, just not to fight. That's all she'll be doing."

Alina still hated the idea of forcing Alberta out of her well-deserved rest, but it was either the angry Charmander (who would make sure she scarred Alina for life for forcing her out of her rest) or the so-adorable-it's-disgustingly-disturbing Flaaffy. She weighed the two Pokemon's pro's and con's in her mind for a moment, then sighed and began cursing to herself as she searched her pocket for the right Pokeball. Once she found it, she tossed it into the air, filling the tunnel with another flash of blinding red light and releasing the Flaaffy she dreaded using. The Flaaffy bleated and lit up the bulb on its tail by using Flash so it could analyze its surroundings and properly stare at Alina. Alina shuddered and said "Okay, just turn around. Stop staring at me. Go that way."

"She's not that bad, really," Prestige said, trying not to make eye contact with Ana. "I mean, it's better having her around then..."

Prestige trailed off, apparently in deep thought as to what could be worse than an emotionless Flaaffy in a dark tunnel with pitch black eyes. When he finally said "Yeah, I've got nothing" Alina cursed again and began to follow her Flaaffy down the tunnel...

Pearl's Perap
26th February 2009, 1:22 AM
[Quite a bit later than anticipated, I've been reeeeally tired as of late, my own fault, but still ;P I'd like to welcome -Hayward- into my updater group and thus re-capping the zone!]

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Deciding to follow the scream that came from the opposite direction of the bare footprints, the three of you press onwards up the darkened tunnel. It seemed to be zigzagging around as you took several bends until the tunnel opened up into another cavern, quite similar to the area in which Atrocia was dwelling. Upon reaching the area, the scent of smoke wafted into your nostrils and as you come into focus with the aid of the Gardevoir's flash attack, you notice where the scream had come from. High above the ground was what looked to be some sort of net trap, suspended directly above a raging fire. From where you were, you could tell that there was a woman trapped and it appeared as though the trap was set above the fire for a reason. If she wasn't brought down from there, the net would eventually set on fire and she would plunge into the flaming inferno below.

"YOU, HELP ME!" as you hear exactly the same scream once again, it was definitely this woman creating the awful noise. As your mind goes over what has gone on, you feel a sudden tug upon your ankle. The Houndour pup doesn't seem very at ease with the area, once again. However, this time it becomes apparent what Rensing is nervous about, from the shadows, two hunched figures were emerging. At first you couldn't deduct whether or not they were humans or pokémon but you realize as they step into the light from the fire that they were indeed the latter. It was what you could only make out as a Cacturne and a Medicham. Though, unlike normal pokémon of their species, they seemed to eminate a bizarre aura and their eyes seemed to be focused on you, not pleased at you trespassing into their domain, "Be careful, this place seems to do pretty bad things to pokémon..." a saddened voice came from above you as the wild pokémon got closer and closer. It appeared as though they weren't going to simply let you help out the young woman, they wanted you to prove your worth first and foremost...

The Restaurant

Psychopath
Watching on as you decide on your battling pokémon, a grin forms on Oscar's face, "I guess if you're going with a Vibrava, I'll bring out my own dragon, c'mon out Victoria!" he cries out as he tosses the pokéball high into the air, gracefully missing one of the humongous regal chandeliers. As the sphere landed on the dining room floor, a flash of red light produced what looked more like a shark than a dragon. It appeared as if Oscar's first pokémon of choice was the land shark pokémon, Gabite. Upon release, the dragon type let out a loud screech, throwing back her finned arms before getting into a battle position, eyeing Digga keenly with what could only be described as a smile, all of her razor sharp teeth bared in an intimidating fashion.

"As for my second pokémon, well, I'm gonna go with my starting pokémon who I have been friends with for many a moon..." he laughed, obviously not too fussed about being dead as he slipped his hand into the other pocket, removing a second pokéball and throwing it in a very similar fashion to how he released Victoria, "This is Dahlia, she might be small but I wouldn't underestimate her if I was you." As the boy grinned, the second flash of red revealed a Chatot, "Look, she's different than normal Chatot too, check out her pink plumage..." the boy scoffed, he was obviously proud of the fact he possessed a shiny pokémon. Landing on the land shark pokémon's head, the parrot began to cry, "Pink plumage! pink plumage!" Both you and Oscar now ready to battle, you feel strange inside and, only when you're floating in mid-air do you realize a strange force has lifted you upwards and onto the table opposite the little boy, "I'll let you go first, my friend." he finished, giving his pokémon a thumbs up...

Game Shacks

-Hayward-
As you arrive at the bizarre theme park complex in a rather strange fashion, being tossed forth from the very vehicle that had delivered you to the location, you can’t help feeling a bit of a chill down your spine. The gates towered over you and your Meditite companion and you can see where the letters had been removed and replaced by purple spray painted letters. MIASMA HEIGHTS the new sign read, the paint had dripped so it had the effect of running blood, not the most inviting of signs. Putting this aside, you and Medeo pass through the spooky gates and past the main turnstiles to find the whole park at your fingertips. Noticing a map, you see that there is game shacks to the right hand side of the park and begin making your way in that direction.

Eventually, the two of you arrive at several different huts, each with their own games. A simple game of hooking ducks with a large pool full of tiny rubber ducks, a coconut shy, a game of darts and several capsule machines, filled with what looked like a whole variety of pokémon in cute little plushie form. Torn between all of them, you look to the pokémon at your side who merely shrugs, leaving it up to you to make a decision in terms of what game to play, they all seemed fun in their own special ways…

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
After the usual kind of discussion with the all-seeing, all-knowing Prestige, you finally decide on releasing Ana, your Flaaffy, to help assist in your time of need. Upon her appearing, the orb at the end of her tail glowed a bright hue of yellow, illuminating a good radius around you and her. Taking the plunge, both of you begin to slowly make your way down the passage, despite not having any idea whatsoever what could be lurking in the shadowy depths below the eerie hotel. After a while, you notice the pokémon keeps looking up to you and you realize that she is completely new to you and hasn’t experienced anything of this calibre before or at least, it didn’t seem like she had.

“Flaa-aa-aa!” the sheep-like pokémon bah’d and as she did, the sound hit the walls and echoed far into the distance. Though you hadn’t really noticed, the tunnel seemed to be winding around in a circle of kinds. Pressing onwards, you feel a prickle on the back of your neck. The sort of feeling you have to endure when you think that someone is watching you. The Flaaffy by your side seemed to be getting more and more nervous, as if sensing your displaced feelings, “Fla!” she cries, tugging at the sock on your leg. As both of you become more and more nervous, the sheep pokémon’s fail begins to get dimmer and dimmer, since she is focusing on fear and not on keeping the surrounding area well-lit. Suddenly, her tail orb flickers out completely and she cries out. You feel a punch to the stomach and collapse to your knees. Focusing on your pain, you can hear Ana’s cries in the distance. It seems like someone or something has snatched her and ran in the direction you were travelling, judging by her cries quietening. When you regain yourself, she is gone…

-Hayward-
26th February 2009, 4:00 AM
[Quite a bit later than anticipated, I've been reeeeally tired as of late, my own fault, but still ;P I'd like to welcome -Hayward- into my group and thus re-capping the zone!]



Game Shacks
-Hayward-
As you arrive at the bizarre theme park complex in a rather strange fashion, being tossed forth from the very vehicle that had delivered you to the location, you can’t help feeling a bit of a chill down your spine. The gates towered over you and your Meditite companion and you can see where the letters had been removed and replaced by purple spray painted letters. MIASMA HEIGHTS the new sign read, the paint had dripped so it had the effect of running blood, not the most inviting of signs. Putting this aside, you and Medeo pass through the spooky gates and past the main turnstiles to find the whole park at your fingertips. Noticing a map, you see that there is game shacks to the right hand side of the park and begin making your way in that direction.

Eventually, the two of you arrive at several different huts, each with their own games. A simple game of hooking ducks with a large pool full of tiny rubber ducks, a coconut shy, a game of darts and several capsule machines, filled with what looked like a whole variety of pokémon in cute little plushie form. Torn between all of them, you look to the pokémon at your side who merely shrugs, leaving it up to you to make a decision in terms of what game to play, they all seemed fun in their own special ways…



Thanks for the warm welcome, thanks again for squeezing me in, and no need to apologize. XD

With the gates of the abandoned amusement park ominously towering over them, Ben and Medeo stood before the park's main entrance, staring at a well-worn sign. The original letters were missing, but in their place, someone had spray painted two words. “Miasma Heights,” Ben read the new name to Medeo. A chill ran down the brown haired trainer's spine as he noticed that the paint had run as it dried, looking eerily similar to dripping blood. Knowing that he would need to be fully alert inside the park, he took a deep breat, trying to shake his feeling of foreboding. Momentarily at ease, he nodded at Medeo and they hopped over the main turnstiles.

Surveying the quiet, empty park Ben immediately spied a map placard. Motioning to the sign, he and Medeo hurried to check it out. The game shacks he had seen from outside the park were off to their right. With the tiny Meditite at his side, he set off in their direction. As they trekked through the park to their destination, they kept their eyes peeled for any sign of something valuable, and their ears open for any sound of wild Pokemon.

After a brief but uneventful walk, Ben and Medeo arrived at a part of the park containing quite a few different huts. Curious, the pair wandered from booth to booth, checking out their contents. They had passed a coconut shy, a game of darts, and a pool with rubber ducks bobbing up on down on the water, when Ben’s grey-green eyes finally fell on a booth containing several capsule machines filled with an assortment of Pokemon plushies. Glancing at his diminutive companion he asked, “Well, what d’you think, mate?” Medeo shrugged, and Ben replied, “Let’s check out the one with all the plushies. Maybe we’ll find some old prizes there.”

Hopeful, the black-clad trainer and the small Meditite approached the booth with capsule machines and Pokemon plushies…

_________________________________________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Pearl's Perap
26th February 2009, 11:53 AM
Game shacks

-Hayward-

Approaching the game shacks, you decide to examine the capsule machines further. The first thing you notice is the grabbing claw, it seemed to have rusted over time and looked rather intimidating, hanging limply in wait of someone to twiddle the lever and force life back into it once more. Each machine appeared to have a huge variety and different type of pokémon within, you realize as you notice that one of them is crammed full of Duskull, Shuppet and Froslass and another Pidgey, Zapdos and Chatot. Upon closer inspection, you see that, despite the park being closed for quite a long while, the machines seemed to each have several credits remaining, meaning no expenditure at all was required to try your luck on the lonely machines. Medeo looked to you before pacing around the various machines, trying to make his own decision about which toy to attempt to snag first.

Okay Ben, there appears to be five different machines, each with their own type. Flying, ghost, dragon, psychic and dark, which one do you wanna pick? a voice appeared within your mind, it was quite obviously the telepathic ability of the psychic pokémon accompanying you on your travels. It looks like you're going to have to make a decision based on the types of plushies available in each seperate machine. As you think, you could swear that every so often you see a twinge of movement in a plushie here and there and even Medeo, whos psychic abilities should allow it to see the real picture seemed to be getting slightly unnerved by the supposedly inanimate children's toys within the old machines...

-Hayward-
26th February 2009, 5:51 PM
Game shacks

-Hayward-

Approaching the game shacks, you decide to examine the capsule machines further. The first thing you notice is the grabbing claw, it seemed to have rusted over time and looked rather intimidating, hanging limply in wait of someone to twiddle the lever and force life back into it once more. Each machine appeared to have a huge variety and different type of pokémon within, you realize as you notice that one of them is crammed full of Duskull, Shuppet and Froslass and another Pidgey, Zapdos and Chatot. Upon closer inspection, you see that, despite the park being closed for quite a long while, the machines seemed to each have several credits remaining, meaning no expenditure at all was required to try your luck on the lonely machines. Medeo looked to you before pacing around the various machines, trying to make his own decision about which toy to attempt to snag first.

Okay Ben, there appears to be five different machines, each with their own type. Flying, ghost, dragon, psychic and dark, which one do you wanna pick? a voice appeared within your mind, it was quite obviously the telepathic ability of the psychic pokémon accompanying you on your travels. It looks like you're going to have to make a decision based on the types of plushies available in each seperate machine. As you think, you could swear that every so often you see a twinge of movement in a plushie here and there and even Medeo, whos psychic abilities should allow it to see the real picture seemed to be getting slightly unnerved by the supposedly inanimate children's toys within the old machines...


Wanting to get a better look at the old capsule machines, Ben excitedly approached the game shacks. Almost immediately, he noticed that each machine housed a rusty mechanical arm, hanging limply behind its clear plastic cover. The robotic appendage, he knew, was used for snagging the colorful plushies within. Closely examining the machines, Ben was surprised to find that each one strangely had credits remaining. He was grateful that this would allow him to try the games free of cost, yet he thought it odd to find money still in the machines, when the park had obviously closed years ago. While he puzzled over things, Medeo wandered amongst the assorted machines. Momentarily pausing at each one, the little Meditite would peer through the dusty Plexigas, debating which prize they should go after first.

"Okay Ben, there appears to be five different machines, each with their own type. Flying, ghost, dragon, psychic and dark, which one do you wanna pick?". A mysterious voice suddenly spoke to Ben. While the voice had a somewhat faraway quality about it, he had unmistakably heard it in his own head. Wondering where the mysterious voice had originated from, Ben half-suspected his mind was playing tricks on him. He had assumed he and Medeo were the only two living souls in the park, and hoped they hadn’t been snuck up on. Turning around quickly, the teenage trainer bolted in surprise when he discovered that the voice had come from none other than his diminutive companion; who now regarded him with a quizzical look on it’s tiny face. “Telepathy?” Ben wondered aloud, rubbing his own forehead at the realization. Smiling, Medeo nodded eagerly.

Still marveling at his partner’s newfound ability, out of the corner of his eye Ben thought he detected some slight movements coming from inside the machines. “Did you see that, mate?!” he asked, glancing at his partner. The perceptive Meditite had indeed noticed the movement, and always ready for action, quickly adopted the defensive kung fu posture known as the Drunken Spinda Stance. With his highly attuned senses, Medeo reached out to their surroundings, while Ben scanned the suspicious toy machines for any sign of movement with his grey-green eyes. Something caught Ben's eye, and he pointed, exclaiming, “Over there! It looked like that plushie just moved!” He turned to Medeo, “Something strange is going on here, mate. Let’s see if we can find out what.” Medeo nodded, and the two friends hurried to the machine containing the dragon-type plushies.

Curious, the black-clad trainer grabbed the handle, and with the small Meditite looking on, gave it a quick shake…
______________________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Amras.MG
26th February 2009, 6:08 PM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Deciding to follow the scream that came from the opposite direction of the bare footprints, the three of you press onwards up the darkened tunnel. It seemed to be zigzagging around as you took several bends until the tunnel opened up into another cavern, quite similar to the area in which Atrocia was dwelling. Upon reaching the area, the scent of smoke wafted into your nostrils and as you come into focus with the aid of the Gardevoir's flash attack, you notice where the scream had come from. High above the ground was what looked to be some sort of net trap, suspended directly above a raging fire. From where you were, you could tell that there was a woman trapped and it appeared as though the trap was set above the fire for a reason. If she wasn't brought down from there, the net would eventually set on fire and she would plunge into the flaming inferno below.

"YOU, HELP ME!" as you hear exactly the same scream once again, it was definitely this woman creating the awful noise. As your mind goes over what has gone on, you feel a sudden tug upon your ankle. The Houndour pup doesn't seem very at ease with the area, once again. However, this time it becomes apparent what Rensing is nervous about, from the shadows, two hunched figures were emerging. At first you couldn't deduct whether or not they were humans or pokémon but you realize as they step into the light from the fire that they were indeed the latter. It was what you could only make out as a Cacturne and a Medicham. Though, unlike normal pokémon of their species, they seemed to eminate a bizarre aura and their eyes seemed to be focused on you, not pleased at you trespassing into their domain, "Be careful, this place seems to do pretty bad things to pokémon..." a saddened voice came from above you as the wild pokémon got closer and closer. It appeared as though they weren't going to simply let you help out the young woman, they wanted you to prove your worth first and foremost...


Amras, Rensing, and Idrial rush towards the direction of the scream, zigzagging through the caverns and taking turns at a high speed. The trio quickly come to a large cavern, Idrial's Flash lighting up the area right as the smoke hits their noses. Anger rising at the thought that someone or something would intentially try to kill this lady, Amras' mind quickly turns to Rensing, who is uneasy and pointing into the darkness. Emerging from the shadows are two abnormally auraous Pokemon, Cacturne and Medicham. Noticing that the Pokemon are clearly disturbed somehow, Amras hears a sad voice comment on the nature of the Underbelly... a conclusion Amras had sadly come to, as well. They needed to save that woman... and fast.

Amras rushes over to the woman over the fire, calling out instructions to his Pokemon as he does so. Ordering Rensing to use a low power Ember to singe the rope holding the lady, Amras would jump over the flames and catch her before she touched the flames. It was risky, but it would have to work... it had to. Rensing would then jump over by them and summon a Safeguard to protect them from any sneaky attacks by Medicham or Cacturne. Telekinetically relaying his messages to Idrial through the mental link, Amras orders Gardevoir to hold off the opposing Pokemon.

"Idrial... I'm sorry I have to ask you to do this. I need you to hold off both of them for me. Use Psychic to bend some of the fire below the girl right into Medicham and Cacturne, then hit them with a Hypnosis. Then Psychic blast Medicham!"

Demon Skittle
27th February 2009, 1:55 AM
[Quite a bit later than anticipated, I've been reeeeally tired as of late, my own fault, but still ;P I'd like to welcome -Hayward- into my updater group and thus re-capping the zone!]

Storeroom

Demon Skittle
After the usual kind of discussion with the all-seeing, all-knowing Prestige, you finally decide on releasing Ana, your Flaaffy, to help assist in your time of need. Upon her appearing, the orb at the end of her tail glowed a bright hue of yellow, illuminating a good radius around you and her. Taking the plunge, both of you begin to slowly make your way down the passage, despite not having any idea whatsoever what could be lurking in the shadowy depths below the eerie hotel. After a while, you notice the pokémon keeps looking up to you and you realize that she is completely new to you and hasn’t experienced anything of this calibre before or at least, it didn’t seem like she had.

“Flaa-aa-aa!” the sheep-like pokémon bah’d and as she did, the sound hit the walls and echoed far into the distance. Though you hadn’t really noticed, the tunnel seemed to be winding around in a circle of kinds. Pressing onwards, you feel a prickle on the back of your neck. The sort of feeling you have to endure when you think that someone is watching you. The Flaaffy by your side seemed to be getting more and more nervous, as if sensing your displaced feelings, “Fla!” she cries, tugging at the sock on your leg. As both of you become more and more nervous, the sheep pokémon’s fail begins to get dimmer and dimmer, since she is focusing on fear and not on keeping the surrounding area well-lit. Suddenly, her tail orb flickers out completely and she cries out. You feel a punch to the stomach and collapse to your knees. Focusing on your pain, you can hear Ana’s cries in the distance. It seems like someone or something has snatched her and ran in the direction you were travelling, judging by her cries quietening. When you regain yourself, she is gone…Alina, although feeling rather uncomfortable, pressed onwards through the tunnel. She couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched, and that they were running around in circles, and apparently her Pokemon were feeling the same way. Well, just Ana, really, since Prestige was totally oblivious as to where he was going or what was happening, as he had began sleepwalking. Bleating uneasily, Ana tugged at the sock on Alina's leg as the orb at the end of her tail flickered. "Oy, stop it," Alina said, leaning down to nudge the Flaaffy's paw away (and trying to look reassuring, but failing miserably). "Focus on that light of yours--"

But, the orb gave one last weak glimmer and darkness enveloped the trio anyway. Alina let out another loud curse which echoed through the tunnel as she strained her eyes to find Prestige, who wasn't hard to find since she could hear him snoring softly beside her. Before she could nudge the Abra awake, however, she was slugged in the stomach, making her double over in shock and pain and also disabling her from making an attempt to rescue her Flaaffy, who was crying out in panic. By the time Alina had regained herself, Ana's cries had faded into the distance, leaving Alina both shocked and tearful as she cried out "MY LIGHT SOURCE!"

As the echoes of her scream died away, she heard the familiar snoring of Prestige right behind her. Apparently, he had slept through the entire ordeal. Alina snapped her neck around in pure joy, which was unfortunately short lived and replaced with pure frustration. "Wake up, you ***!" she cried, shaking him rather brutally to wake him up. The Abra jumped slightly, then smiled and waved, totally oblivious as to what just happened, and merely said, "Hey, why is it dark again?"

Alina's eyes glared down at Prestige, who looked back up at her with a confused look on his face. Finally, she said, "How could you sleep through that? I was punched, and Ana wa--"

"Wait, you were punched? You're right, how COULD I sleep through that! Damn it..." Prestige interrupted, barely dodging a fist from Alina.

"Ana was stolen, and I couldn't do anything, but you were busy sleepwalking, and being useless!" Tears were streaming down Alina's eyes now as she glared at Prestige like she had never glared before. "You could have Thunder Waved it, and prevented my light source from going away."

Prestige shrugged and said unsympathetically, "Well, better her than me. You know, I'm not totally useless..."

He raised his claws up, which glowed brightly in the form of another Flash, thus illuminating the room once more. Alina stared dumbfounded, stuttering "Wait, where... where did you learn Flash?"

"Oh, ignorance is bliss, you don't need to know. Just don't check your bank account," yawned Prestige, beginning to head off down the tunnel again before Alina could take another swing at him. "Well, come on! Your temper tantrums won't help us find Ana. Plus, I don't think you'll want to be left behind in here, not after that wicked little punch you got. "

Alina grumbled, frustrated but grateful for her Abra's preparedness. Still, the thought of 2k going to waste on that extra Flash TM instead of helping her get a Beldum... it renewed the tears in her eyes. Getting back on her feet, Alina followed Prestige down the tunnel, keeping a wary eye out for any signs of her dear Flaaffy...

Psychopath
1st March 2009, 5:55 AM
[Quite a bit later than anticipated, I've been reeeeally tired as of late, my own fault, but still ;P I'd like to welcome -Hayward- into my updater group and thus re-capping the zone!]

The Restaurant

Psychopath
Watching on as you decide on your battling pokémon, a grin forms on Oscar's face, "I guess if you're going with a Vibrava, I'll bring out my own dragon, c'mon out Victoria!" he cries out as he tosses the pokéball high into the air, gracefully missing one of the humongous regal chandeliers. As the sphere landed on the dining room floor, a flash of red light produced what looked more like a shark than a dragon. It appeared as if Oscar's first pokémon of choice was the land shark pokémon, Gabite. Upon release, the dragon type let out a loud screech, throwing back her finned arms before getting into a battle position, eyeing Digga keenly with what could only be described as a smile, all of her razor sharp teeth bared in an intimidating fashion.

"As for my second pokémon, well, I'm gonna go with my starting pokémon who I have been friends with for many a moon..." he laughed, obviously not too fussed about being dead as he slipped his hand into the other pocket, removing a second pokéball and throwing it in a very similar fashion to how he released Victoria, "This is Dahlia, she might be small but I wouldn't underestimate her if I was you." As the boy grinned, the second flash of red revealed a Chatot, "Look, she's different than normal Chatot too, check out her pink plumage..." the boy scoffed, he was obviously proud of the fact he possessed a shiny pokémon. Landing on the land shark pokémon's head, the parrot began to cry, "Pink plumage! pink plumage!" Both you and Oscar now ready to battle, you feel strange inside and, only when you're floating in mid-air do you realize a strange force has lifted you upwards and onto the table opposite the little boy, "I'll let you go first, my friend." he finished, giving his pokémon a thumbs up...

He looked at the opposing pokemon in both fear and anger. They matched up pretty well to his, a violent looking shark dragon to match his awesome bug dragon, and a cute pink shiny bird to match his cute little blue turtle. He was so mesmerized by the two pokemon that he didn't notice himself being picked up on the opposite table as Oscar. "Okay Oscar, I will begin, this is will be a two on two battle, so we need a ref." He threw a pokeball in the air and it revealed a white Weavile, which snarled in excitement to be out of that airtight ball, how did pokemon survive in there?! "This is Freeze, he is a good battler and a good ref, so if he thinks I should give up I will follow that option. Don't worry, he won't cheat, the last time he tried that part of his *** was a Sharpedo's meal."

He looked at his pokes, he had a dragon pokemon and a water type. The possibilities were endless. Okay, Digga' take the big one, a dragon vs. dragon match would be interesting. Next, Valor shall fight the bird." He looked at Oscar, "We can attack whoever we want, but I'm setting them up for who they should attack. "Digga', get up high with your wings, fly if you have to, we need space between you and the Gabite.Valor, go in with a Water Pulse to get them all wet! In the Meantime, Digga', you use a Tri-attack on the Gabite, If all goes well the Ice part of the attack will hit it. Valor, Follow up that attack with a surf, If you can't hit Pinky over there, at least you'll hit Sharky. Digga, end your attacks by sending a Zap Cannon at the lil Bird. Valor, cover yourself in Muddy water, If you can keep electricity off, we will have an upper hand in this." They looked at him wearily, as they were the most insecure members of his team. "You can do it guys! I've seen you train." And with that, It begun.

--Just to point out, Freeze will do nothing in this Match.

Tyranidos
1st March 2009, 11:34 PM
Rollerquaza

Tyranidos
Arriving at the park and deciding to ride upon the first ride that came into view, the Rollerquaza, you walk along the empty queueing stations before arriving at the boarding platform. Waiting, you see the draconic carriages coming into view, swooping down the ultimate drop before entering the shadows before re-emerging before you. The Rayquaza's face seemed to be snarling maniacally at you and as you clambered aboard, you could swear that it even seemed to move on its own, as if it was alive.

It seemed like an eternity as the ride whirred into life, sending you flying backwards into your comfy chair as it accelerated you forwards at an unusually great speed. Regaining yourself and managing to take a few breaths, the ride suddenly becomes highly enjoyable, even firing out lights from the dragon pokémon's mouth in the style of hyper beam. Suddenly, the ride seemed to be slowing down at a rapid rate before coming to a complete halt. On the tracks up ahead, there seemed to be something on the tracks and the ride, being rather high tech, had sensed this and stopped before ploughing right into it. It seems that the ride will not continue until whatever it was on the track was moved. From where you were, you could see that whatever it was seemed to be squirming around, caught between the wooden slats of the rollercoaster's track. It seemed the only way you could continue on your ride was to help out whatever was stuck...


Tyrant closed his eyes and shook his head. "I could have sworn that thing just came to life." He said, but then pushing the thought out of his head. Tyrant jumped into the ride. The ride began and the young trainer held on for his dear life.

The ride, at first, was really scary as it was going incredibly fast. "WOOAAAAHH!" Tyrant yelled at the top of his lungs, being jerked about. However, as time passed on, the ride was beginning to get a bit more fun, a "Hyper Beam" was flying out of the Rayquaza's mouth, it really being a big flash of light. "Woohoo!" Tyrant yelled, throwing his hands up into the air and enjoying the high pace ride.

However, the ride suddenly slowed down and eventually stopped. Tyrant wondered what was going on until he saw what was wrong. The ride's sensors detected something stuck in the tracks. Tyrant moved his head so he could see better. He saw the thing squirming. "Huh, I wonder if that's a Pokemon." he said, getting out of the ride to help the Pokemon out.

Pearl's Perap
6th March 2009, 3:40 PM
Bar Rad Ed D:[/s]]

[u]Game shacks

-Hayward-
After noticing the movement in the abandoned plushie grabbing machines, you finally decide on the machine containing a multitude of dragon-type pokémon plushies. Grabbing the control stick, you slowly move it forwards, causing the claw to spring into life. As it moves forwards little by little, you decide to stop as it reaches the main abundance of dolls. Dropping the claw, it slides past a Gible, skimming its fin and plunges into the mass of soft toys, rather than actually grabbing one. Confused by this, you try and get a closer look and notice the claw is retracting once again, it appeared to have something within its grip. Peering inwards, you see that this thing is definitely not a plushie, but it looked more like the limb of something, possibly a pokémon.

As the claw pulled, it appeared to become stuck and whatever it had gripped slipped from its tight hold, returning the claw back to its normal position. From what you could see, it was indeed a pokémon. Through the glass, you could identify it as a what looked to be a cacti with arms, a Cacnea. As the pokémon realizes what has happened, it glares at you, obviously it hadn’t wanted to be disturbed from its slumber amongst the tiny dragons. Quite clearly annoyed, the little pokémon attempts to gain its balance on the blanket of plushies before approaching the glass, attempting to smash it with its heavily spiked arms, to no avail. Medeo looks to you with a look of confusion before returning to watching the trapped Cacnea who didn’t seem like it would be trapped for a whole lot longer, it had discovered the chute in which the toys were dispensed and was already making its way out. In a matter of seconds, the angry pokémon stood before the two of you, it didn’t look very pleased at all…

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
As you and your pokémon begin to put your plan into action, the opposing pokémon begin to approach you, getting closer and closer by the second. Within seconds after your commands, the little Houndour puppy barks before spewing several searing hot embers from the back of his throat, right in the direction of the net. With a scream, the young woman begins to grip hard on the sides of the net, her nerves getting the better of her. Whether she needed to be rescued or not, she didn’t like the idea of falling over a fire and hoping you would catch her. Little did she notice, the embers were lapping along the ropes and, before long, she began to plunge regardless of her personal wishes. Eyeing your chances, both you and Rensing get ready to leap in the direction of the falling woman, the dark dog pokémon creating a barrier already to protect you from the oncoming attacks of the evil pokémon.

As you leap, your Gardevoir companion begins to initiate her own set of attacks to attempt to keep the seemingly manic pokémon at bay. Manipulating the fire, she spews it in the direction of the wild pokémon, causing them to back away slightly to avoid being burned. This gives you and the Houndour your chance to leap towards the woman. Luckily, as you leap, you end up successfully catching the woman and landing in a heap at the opposite side of the inferno. Panting, Rensing licks both of you on the face before watching Idrial and the wild pokémon. By this point, the Gardevoir was waving her arms in a hypnotic motion, it seemed like both of the pokémon were becoming quite drowsy and, as she finishes, the young woman speaks, “We need to get out of here, their power far surpasses what you could imagine…” and as she says so, you notice the wild pokémon, despite their drowsiness, both running in the direction of the Gardevoir. Luckily, her final attack sends them flying back in the opposite direction, but that wont hold them back for long…

The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
Pressing on in the direction that whatever had whisked the Flaaffy from under your nose had headed, you attempt to choke back your tears as best you can. With the faithful Prestige at your side, despite him spending your hard earned coins to teach himself a new move with no permission whatsoever, you feel a renewed sense of confidence. The tunnel seemed to last for a long time until you noticed it getting wider and taller, it seemed you were entering what was more like another storeroom. As the room grew, Prestige’s flash attack lapped at the walls, bathing everywhere in a strange abnormal light.

I know this might cheer you up a bit, I can sense Ana is close… the Abra spoke, placing a claw on your knee cap. For the first time ever, he seemed to want to assist you without having to be asked firsthand. He began to examine the room himself, placing his claw on things every so often, which you could only presume was him looking for the Flaaffy’s energies or something of the like. Eventually, the Abra pointed upwards to what looked like an old ventilation system, I hate to tell you Alina, but I’m led to believe that whoever or whatever took that creepy sheepy, is well, down that tunnel…. Prestige walked back over to your side once more as you both gazed upwards, it didn’t have a cover over it, it just seemed to be a crawl space in the wall, you just had to be able to reach up to it first…

The Restaurant

Psychopath
With your initial round of attacks and the inclusion of a referee in the form of Freeze, an experienced Weavile, Oscar smiles at you before nodding to both of his pokémon, he seemed rather relaxed and wasn’t issuing a counter attack right away. Both Dahlia and Victoria seemed ready for the onslaught of attacks, as if they knew that Oscar’s commands would be the perfect plan of action. The Gabite looked on as Digga followed your command and flew high into the air, getting distance between its foe. Neither the Chatot or Gabite had moved at all until, as Valor the Squirtle had began readying a water pulse attack, Oscar spoke quickly.

“Victoria, dragonbreath into tri-attack when it comes your way, Dahlia use fly, now!” As he spoke, both pokémon sprung into action at once, the Gabite threw back her head, spewing a purple flame like attack in the direction of Digga who had just readied her tri-attack. As the triangular attack and the draconic breath mixed, both attacks nullified the other, leaving both pokémon with no loss of hitpoints. Valor’s water pulse attack came next and Dahlia the Chatot swoops upwards, avoiding a drenching. However, due to not making any effort to dodge, the Squirtle’s water attack slams into the Gabite, taking her by surprise and hitting for moderate damage, “Touché, next attacks, matey!” Oscar smirks in your direction, awaiting the next round…

Rollerquaza

Tyranidos
Climbing onto the tracks of the ride was a risky idea. Not only was the wind quite powerful at such a height, the tracks were pretty old and with the theme parks record already, this could prove to be the worst mistake of your life. Approaching whatever was stuck between the tracks, you finally catch a proper glimpse at what it is. It appeared to be a Murkrow, flapping its wings in a highly distressed manner. As it sees you, it begins to flail around even moreso. The closer you get, the more frantic its movements become until the tiny pokémon finally becomes unstuck from its entrapment between the rickety wooden slats. Regaining itself, the pokémon seems to change right away, now that it was free, the Murkrow was looking on at you with malice in its beady eyes.

“Murrrk!” the crow-like pokémon cries, before it flies in your direction, flapping its wings in your face. This is not the best situation to be in when at a great height and you instinctively begin to back away, slowly but surely. Seeing you back away angers the bird pokémon further, it seems the only way you’re going to be able to rid yourself of this distraction is to attack it with another pokémon. Noticing your pokéballs, the Murkrow lands on the tracks before you, its eyes glinting once more, it doesn’t seem like its going to leave until it gets what it wants…

-Hayward-
7th March 2009, 5:08 AM
Game shacks

-Hayward-
After noticing the movement in the abandoned plushie grabbing machines, you finally decide on the machine containing a multitude of dragon-type pokémon plushies. Grabbing the control stick, you slowly move it forwards, causing the claw to spring into life. As it moves forwards little by little, you decide to stop as it reaches the main abundance of dolls. Dropping the claw, it slides past a Gible, skimming its fin and plunges into the mass of soft toys, rather than actually grabbing one. Confused by this, you try and get a closer look and notice the claw is retracting once again, it appeared to have something within its grip. Peering inwards, you see that this thing is definitely not a plushie, but it looked more like the limb of something, possibly a pokémon.

As the claw pulled, it appeared to become stuck and whatever it had gripped slipped from its tight hold, returning the claw back to its normal position. From what you could see, it was indeed a pokémon. Through the glass, you could identify it as a what looked to be a cacti with arms, a Cacnea. As the pokémon realizes what has happened, it glares at you, obviously it hadn’t wanted to be disturbed from its slumber amongst the tiny dragons. Quite clearly annoyed, the little pokémon attempts to gain its balance on the blanket of plushies before approaching the glass, attempting to smash it with its heavily spiked arms, to no avail. Medeo looks to you with a look of confusion before returning to watching the trapped Cacnea who didn’t seem like it would be trapped for a whole lot longer, it had discovered the chute in which the toys were dispensed and was already making its way out. In a matter of seconds, the angry pokémon stood before the two of you, it didn’t look very pleased at all…


Inside the deserted theme park Miasma Heights, the Trainer Benjamin Hale stood in front of the machine containing dragon-type plushies. He had noticed a movement amongst the stuffed toys only moments ago; curious, he had decided to investigate. At his side, the Meditite Medeo held his tiny face only inches from the transparent, dome-shaped cover, and stared unblinkingly at the children’s dolls enclosed inside, trying hard to detect any movement with his highly attuned senses. Whatever was hiding inside the machine had an uncanny knack for remaining very still, as the usually perceptive Meditite hadn’t been able to pinpoint it’s location; succeeding only in fogging up the plexiglas window with his warm breath.

Glancing over at his diminutive partner, Ben asked, “Ready mate?” Medeo nodded. Ben turned his grey-green eyes upon the machine once again and regarded the stuffed toys suspiciously. Ever so delicately, so as not to startle whatever was inside, he gripped the handle. He held his breath and counted to three inside his head. Flicking his wrist forward, he watched as the robotic arm sprang to life. With infinite care and slowness, the teenage trainer maneuvered the pneumatic claw towards the thick mass of plushies. As the claw descended upon the prone toys, it grazed the fin of a Gible doll, and buried itself deeper in the midst of the toy pile. “If it wasn’t for bad luck, I wouldn’t have any luck at all,” Ben muttered as he saw that he had missed the Landshark Pokemon’s cuddly miniature by mere centimetres.

No sooner had he said this than he noticed that he had indeed succeeded in seizing a prize, as the retracting, mechanical arm appeared to have something tightly grasped between its pincers. Now it was Ben’s turn to press his face against the transparent cover. His breath also clouded the glass; wiping it off with the palm of his hand, he noticed that the retractable claw had snagged what appeared to be the limb of a Pokemon. Fearing that the limb might not have a body connected to it, Ben gaped wide, while Medeo’s eyes had grown big and round at the sight of the dangling appendage. Suddenly and without warning, the claw lurched, and Ben bolted in shock as the pudgy body of a living, breathing Cacnea plopped onto the top of the cushiony toy heap. Visibly irritated that Ben had interrupted it’s slumber, the plump little cactus glared malevolently up at the teenage trainer.

With a quickness that betrayed its appearance, Cacnea was on its stubby, cone-like feet in an instant; perched precariously atop the wobbly plushie mountain. Hurriedly it made it’s way to the transparent cover, and began violently bludgeoning the glass with it’s powerful, spiny arms. Ben was relieved to see the glass resisted the incensed Cacnea’s onslaught, and glanced over at Medeo. This was all beyond the Meditite, and he turned a baffled expression to Ben. As Pokemon and Trainer stared at each other wondering what to do, the sounds of Cacnea’s pounding intesified as its efforts to escape continued to be resisted.

Simultaneously, Ben and Medeo both turned to regard the trapped cactus Pokemon again. Determined not to be a prisoner for much longer, Cacnea resolutely continued to slug away. All of a sudden though, it stopped pummeling the window and disappeared beneath the mound of plushies. A quizzical look passed between Ben and Medeo at the sight of the Cactus Pokemon’s curious behavior. Shrugging at his little companion, Ben took a step backwards away from the machine. Following his trainer's lead, Medeo did the same. At just that moment however, the irate Cacnea emerged from the dispenser drawer, and waddled toward the astonished pair, glaring furiously. Ben bolted in surpise as he realized the Cacnea must have located the exit chute, and was now seeking to repay them for disturbing its sleep. Sensing that a confrontation was imminent, Medeo quickly adopted the Sacred Aipom King Shield defensive kung-fu posture.

Ben, too, could tell that the enraged Cacnea was clearly looking for a fight. Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, he thought hard to come up with a strategy. After a moment of consideration, during which time Medeo’s steely gaze never strayed from their adversary, Ben outlined his plan. “Ready mate?” he asked the Yoga Pokemon. “Try to FAKE OUT (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9501221&postcount=862) Cacnea first, then while it’s stunned, hit it with a FIRE PUNCH (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9229119&postcount=796). Before it can counterattack, strike with a lightning-quick BULLET PUNCH (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9229119&postcount=796)." Medeo nodded that he understood, and Ben continued, issuing defensive instructions. "Dodge if Cacnea tries a cheap-shot, like sucker punch. Watch out for its spikes, and if it tries to whistle you to sleep, cover your ears.” Once again, Medeo nodded his understanding.

Satisfied that his tactics would make full use of Medeo’s natural speed and agility, Ben watched his adamant friend prepare to attack. Combined with the small Meditite’s Pure Power ability, and characteristic love of fighting, the black-clad trainer hoped his strategy would enable them to deal with the infuriated Cacnea fairly quickly…

_______________________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Psychopath
8th March 2009, 5:25 AM
Bar Rad Ed D:[/s]]
[U]The Restaurant

Psychopath
With your initial round of attacks and the inclusion of a referee in the form of Freeze, an experienced Weavile, Oscar smiles at you before nodding to both of his pokémon, he seemed rather relaxed and wasn’t issuing a counter attack right away. Both Dahlia and Victoria seemed ready for the onslaught of attacks, as if they knew that Oscar’s commands would be the perfect plan of action. The Gabite looked on as Digga followed your command and flew high into the air, getting distance between its foe. Neither the Chatot or Gabite had moved at all until, as Valor the Squirtle had began readying a water pulse attack, Oscar spoke quickly.

“Victoria, dragonbreath into tri-attack when it comes your way, Dahlia use fly, now!” As he spoke, both pokémon sprung into action at once, the Gabite threw back her head, spewing a purple flame like attack in the direction of Digga who had just readied her tri-attack. As the triangular attack and the draconic breath mixed, both attacks nullified the other, leaving both pokémon with no loss of hitpoints. Valor’s water pulse attack came next and Dahlia the Chatot swoops upwards, avoiding a drenching. However, due to not making any effort to dodge, the Squirtle’s water attack slams into the Gabite, taking her by surprise and hitting for moderate damage, “Touché, next attacks, matey!” Oscar smirks in your direction, awaiting the next round…

He thought about the last round and how Oscar had just given orders so well. Obviously he had been experienced before he died, as he was really confident. This was going to be a difficult battle, but he didn't care. He had to win the battle as it didn't only involve him, but the woman as well. "Nice Oscar, I wasn't expecting that!" He looked at the pokemon, a pink bird, a dancer turtle, a sharky dragon, and a blue bug. This was going to be a long and difficult battle. Time to make it look like he knew something. "Okay guys, it looks like we have to think things through for once." Valor looked at his cap and turned it backwards, a sign he was prepared for whatever was next. Digga' who was already prepared nodded, and began to chant in bug-onese. "Okay guys, get ready."

He looked at the opponents and thought of something: I haven't eaten fried chicken in a looong time... "Hey Digga, can you knock down the chandalier and use the glass as some sort of profectiles for a rock slide? That would be perfect on the birdie, if it can't fly, it can't dodge. Valor, aim for the Gabite with a water pulse, maybe we can get it comfused for a few seconds to focus on the smaller pokemon. Valor, cover yourself in muddy water and use it to attack, it will help out when we need it later on. Then while you're covered in mud grab onto Victoria and freeze it with a blizzard! Digga get close to Dahlia and ram it with Zap Cannon then get out with a U-turn.." He thought for a few more seconds, Fryed chicken wouuld be soooo good right now.

Pearl's Perap
14th March 2009, 10:18 AM
[u]Game Shacks

-Hayward
With your initial attacks against the boisterous Cacnea issued, Medeo positions himself ready to attack. Looking rather confident, the cactus-like pokémon awaits the Meditite’s first attack with a grin on its face. Almost instantly, the Meditite leaps forward, slapping at the wild pokémon in an attempt to stun it, the plan fails, however and, despite taking minor damage, the Cacnea leaps backwards and begins to initiate a teeter dance attack. Swaying from side to side, the cactus smiles happily, waving its prickly arms from side to side. At first, the attack does not appear to do any good, but, when Medeo’s fist lights up in a fiery hue, he stumbles towards the Cacnea.

“Caac!” the little pokémon cries, the fire punch would no doubt deal it some serious damage and, taking advantage of the Meditite’s confusion, the wild pokémon dodges out of the way. Careering past, Medeo lands his flaming fist on the game machine, leaving behind a rather sinister looking burn. Spying an opportunity, the grass type begins to pull energy from the fighting type via an absorb attack. However, as he regains what little health he lost from the fake out, Medeo spins around before lunging forward at a great speed, punching the wild pokémon with the speed of a bullet. As the attack connects, the Cacnea rolls onto its back, having been dealt a good hit. Despite this, the pokémon gets up with ease and glares you down and your pokémon companion down once more, it seems to be awaiting your next assault, having been able to combat your first with moderate ease…

The Restaurant

Psychopath
Oscar watches on as, with your second round of attacks, both your battling pokémon start off the show in an instant. Digga flies upwards, approaching the suspended chandelier at a great speed on her supersonic wings. As she reaches the glass monstrosity, she rammed it with her head, causing shards of glass to plummet towards the Chatot. With this impending attack, Oscar issues a command, “Dodge, Dahlia…” and, as the miniature dagger-like shards reach the bird, she attempts to dodge. However, your plan appears to work as several of the shards of glass go undodged, buffeting the parrot and causing her great distress. Despite this, off of her own back, the Chatot begins to attack. Not leaving the ground, she throws her head and wings backwards as a cyclonic attack begins to form before her, ripping across the restaurant and hitting the Vibrava hard.

“Good initiative, Dah!” Oscar smirks before turning his attention back to the battle; it seemed to be Valor’s time to attack. As the turtle pokémon forms its water energy into a powerful pulse of an attack, Victoria stands on, eyeing up her opponent, “Meet his pulse with one of your own, Vic, dragon pulse!” With her trainer’s command, the Gabite throws her head backwards, forming a similar orb of energy within her mouth and, as Valor launches his, she launches hers. Both coloured spheres meet in the centre of the room, the power of Victoria’s attack dissipating the water pulse, dousing the whole arena with a light shower. Not wasting any time, Valor begins coating himself in a thick mire before moving in to attack the dragon pokémon once more. Leaping at her, he grabs at her head before blowing a harsh blizzard attack from his mouth. This attack hits Victoria hard, causing her to roar in pain as her thick skin cools down more and more by the second.

Digga, now recovered from the Chatot’s twister attack, swoops up and down, gathering static electricity from the air before making a beeline for the incapacitated parrot. Just before the dragonfly got in close enough to issue the zap cannon attack, Oscar uttered another command, “Attempt to use agility to get out of the way…” With that, the parrot nods, despite her ability to fly being temporarily disabled, she is still quick on her feet and manages to dodge the oncoming threat, Digga hitting the floor and wasting all her saved up energy before u-turning back to her original position, “Touché…” you hear Oscar whisper to himself…

-Hayward-
15th March 2009, 11:46 PM
Game Shacks

-Hayward
With your initial attacks against the boisterous Cacnea issued, Medeo positions himself ready to attack. Looking rather confident, the cactus-like pokémon awaits the Meditite’s first attack with a grin on its face. Almost instantly, the Meditite leaps forward, slapping at the wild pokémon in an attempt to stun it, the plan fails, however and, despite taking minor damage, the Cacnea leaps backwards and begins to initiate a teeter dance attack. Swaying from side to side, the cactus smiles happily, waving its prickly arms from side to side. At first, the attack does not appear to do any good, but, when Medeo’s fist lights up in a fiery hue, he stumbles towards the Cacnea.

“Caac!” the little pokémon cries, the fire punch would no doubt deal it some serious damage and, taking advantage of the Meditite’s confusion, the wild pokémon dodges out of the way. Careering past, Medeo lands his flaming fist on the game machine, leaving behind a rather sinister looking burn. Spying an opportunity, the grass type begins to pull energy from the fighting type via an absorb attack. However, as he regains what little health he lost from the fake out, Medeo spins around before lunging forward at a great speed, punching the wild pokémon with the speed of a bullet. As the attack connects, the Cacnea rolls onto its back, having been dealt a good hit. Despite this, the pokémon gets up with ease and glares you down and your pokémon companion down once more, it seems to be awaiting your next assault, having been able to combat your first with moderate ease…


In the deserted theme park Miasma Heights, the Meditite Medeo eagerly received his instructions. He was impatient to get the fighting underway. Knees slightly bent, the Yoga Pokemon’s gaze remained fixed on his incensed, cactus-like opponent. Just moments ago, the rowdy Cacnea had been prematurely roused from slumber when Medeo’s trainer, Benjamin Hale, had tried to snag a plushie from the old, toy-grabbing machine the Cactus Pokemon apparently called home. Now the irate Cacnea regarded Medeo with a mischievous grin on its rotund face. Amongst the abandoned game shacks that dotted the field of battle, Medeo sprang into action first.


* * *

Ben watched the events of the battle unfold with his grey-green eyes. At the outset, Medeo’s failed Fake Out attempt and the Cacnea’s taunting Teeter Dance; then the Yoga Pokemon’s confused stumble, missed Fire Punch, and the pudgy cactus’s retaliatory Absorb; and finally the Bullet Punch from Medeo that appeared to do little more than irritate the Cactus Pokemon further. With each unsuccessful attack, Ben noticed disappointment and frustration rise within his diminutive companion, especially as the sneering smirk on the Cacnea’s face only seemed to grow bigger and bigger. Medeo’s initial offensive barrage had been easily repelled and Ben knew that the Cacnea was taunting him. The jeers of the plump, miniature Cactus combined with the effects of the Teeter Dance had left Medeo visibly flustered.

“You’ve done brilliantly so far, mate!” Ben exclaimed, complimenting his little partner in an effort to lift his sagging spirits. “But you’ve got to snap out of it! You can’t let your emotion get the better of you. Part of being a good fighter means learning how to handle setbacks and adapt mid-battle. This Cacnea is obviously more experienced than I first thought. We’re going to have change our strategy and be more cautious.” Noticing that Medeo still wore a slightly bewildered expression on its tiny face, Ben figured the adamant Meditite was still suffering from the effects of Cacnea’s confusing tactics. Dragging a hand through his short brown hair Ben thought hard to come with a plan. “We’re going defensive now, mate,” he remarked after momentarily considering their options. “We’ll let Cacnea make the first move this time. Try to DETECT (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml) what its planning and dodge. Then MEDITATE (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml) and BIDE (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml) your time until the effects of the Teeter Dance fully wear off. We can still win this, just stay cool.”

The small Meditite nodded that he understood his instructions, and the black-clad trainer hoped that this round would turn out better than the last…

__________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Amras.MG
17th March 2009, 4:50 AM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
As you and your pokémon begin to put your plan into action, the opposing pokémon begin to approach you, getting closer and closer by the second. Within seconds after your commands, the little Houndour puppy barks before spewing several searing hot embers from the back of his throat, right in the direction of the net. With a scream, the young woman begins to grip hard on the sides of the net, her nerves getting the better of her. Whether she needed to be rescued or not, she didn’t like the idea of falling over a fire and hoping you would catch her. Little did she notice, the embers were lapping along the ropes and, before long, she began to plunge regardless of her personal wishes. Eyeing your chances, both you and Rensing get ready to leap in the direction of the falling woman, the dark dog pokémon creating a barrier already to protect you from the oncoming attacks of the evil pokémon.

As you leap, your Gardevoir companion begins to initiate her own set of attacks to attempt to keep the seemingly manic pokémon at bay. Manipulating the fire, she spews it in the direction of the wild pokémon, causing them to back away slightly to avoid being burned. This gives you and the Houndour your chance to leap towards the woman. Luckily, as you leap, you end up successfully catching the woman and landing in a heap at the opposite side of the inferno. Panting, Rensing licks both of you on the face before watching Idrial and the wild pokémon. By this point, the Gardevoir was waving her arms in a hypnotic motion, it seemed like both of the pokémon were becoming quite drowsy and, as she finishes, the young woman speaks, “We need to get out of here, their power far surpasses what you could imagine…” and as she says so, you notice the wild pokémon, despite their drowsiness, both running in the direction of the Gardevoir. Luckily, her final attack sends them flying back in the opposite direction, but that wont hold them back for long…


Amras' plan goes off well, Rensing and Idrial performing their parts admirably while he manages to catch the lady in trouble. Marveling slightly at the immense power Idrial controls, Amras' attention turns to the evil Pokemon, who have seemed to shrug off the effects of Hypnosis with an uncanny ease. The young lady quickly warns Amras and co about the danger they're in, and Amras decides not to test his luck, having just saved this lady once. Amras calls out his orders before hastily helping the lady to her feet, prepared to carry her if she can't walk.

"Rensing, use a Dragon Rage to cause a distraction. Idrial, I want you to add a Flash to that mix, we have to draw their attention away as much as we can. Idrial, after you get off a quick Flash, I want you to Teleport Rensing, the lady, yourself, and me to that junction we were at before (you should know what it looks like). We have to be quick!"

Demon Skittle
17th March 2009, 5:20 AM
Sorry this took so long. :|


Bar Rad Ed D:[/s]]

[u]The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
Pressing on in the direction that whatever had whisked the Flaaffy from under your nose had headed, you attempt to choke back your tears as best you can. With the faithful Prestige at your side, despite him spending your hard earned coins to teach himself a new move with no permission whatsoever, you feel a renewed sense of confidence. The tunnel seemed to last for a long time until you noticed it getting wider and taller, it seemed you were entering what was more like another storeroom. As the room grew, Prestige’s flash attack lapped at the walls, bathing everywhere in a strange abnormal light.

I know this might cheer you up a bit, I can sense Ana is close… the Abra spoke, placing a claw on your knee cap. For the first time ever, he seemed to want to assist you without having to be asked firsthand. He began to examine the room himself, placing his claw on things every so often, which you could only presume was him looking for the Flaaffy’s energies or something of the like. Eventually, the Abra pointed upwards to what looked like an old ventilation system, I hate to tell you Alina, but I’m led to believe that whoever or whatever took that creepy sheepy, is well, down that tunnel…. Prestige walked back over to your side once more as you both gazed upwards, it didn’t have a cover over it, it just seemed to be a crawl space in the wall, you just had to be able to reach up to it first...Alina looked about the storeroom, confused and frustrated. For a moment she thought they had gone into a complete circle, ending up right back where they started, until she noticed that furnature and boxes were placed differently than the objects in the first storeroom they were in. Pristige nudged Alina's knee, saying "I know this might cheer you up a bit, I can sense Ana is close…"

He began examining every corner of the room, poking things with a claw and moving on in silence. His trainer was growing rather impatient, and picked a dusty and old lounge chair to sit in as she waiting for the Abra to find any signs or clues as to where her little Flaaffy might be. Alina couldn't bear it anymore, and called out, "God, she'll be dead or something by the time you find anything!"

"Hush. And I hate to tell you Alina, but I’m led to believe that whoever or whatever took that creepy sheepy, is well, down that tunnel…" said the Abra, as he pointed upwards towards an old vent. Alina stared at the vent, and looked down at Prestige, saying, "Yeah, so like. Where are you pointing to."

"The vent, *******," said Prestige as he rolled his eyes. "Where else would I be pointing to?"

"So she's in a vent."

"Yes."

"Yeah. Well, that's too bad, but there's other Flaaffy's in the world," as she said this Alina shrugged and turned around to head back out through the tunnel until Prestige dug his claws into the back of Alina's leg.

"You're a horrible trainer!" he growled. "Won't you go save your own Pokemon?"

"But... vents are so lame and scary," whined the young trainer. "They're cold, dusty, cramped, and gross."

"And so is your sleeping bag, and you still sleep peacefully in it! Look, I'll be right behind you. My god..." Prestige promised. "But first... we have to get up there."

They stood in silence for a moment, dumbly staring at the vents as if they'd come any closer to actually reaching them if they stared for a few minutes. Prestige turned away from the vent to look at his trainer's face, then back at the vent, and cursed to groaned, "****, I have to do everything." With his psychic powers he summoned a Pokeball from Alina's bag, the red and white ball floating from an open crack in the bag and falling into the palm of his hand. He tapped the ball once with a claw, making it grow to double its size, then rolled it across the floor to release in yet another flash of red light the Quilava, Ignatius.

"You need to move around all this furniture here and stack it so we can get up to that vent." Prestige gestured towards the vent as said this, and also only said this to Ignatius so Alina couldn't hear his plans. He was sure that she would surely object to this idea anyway, since she was terrified of heights. Ignatius lazily scratched the bottom of his chin and sniffed, obviously not liking this idea at all. So he stared back at Prestige, question in his eyes, and wanting a good reason why he should do such a thing.

"Okay look," Prestige began, growing somewhat impatient. "Alina needs to get up to that vent so she can save Ana-- yes, Ignatius, that creepy Flaaffy. Anyway, we can't move and pick up these things by ourselves and stack them. You know Strength, after all, so it shouldn't be too hard for you."

The Quilava scoffed and then pointed towards the vents, almost in disbelief. Prestige smiled a little and said "Yes, Alina's going to have to go to through that cramped and small vent shaft. AFTER she climbs the big and unstable tower of chairs and tables."

Ignatius began to laugh hysterically, and shook the Abra's claws with his paws, baring his pointed teeth into a crooked smile. As he went to work, Alina, totally confused, asked, "Wait, what's so funny? What did you tell him?"

"He says he'll pay to see you go through with this."

"WHAT?"

"Oh, hush," Prestige said as he shook his head. "You'll see soon enough."[/color]

Psychopath
17th March 2009, 11:25 PM
[U]The Restaurant

Psychopath
Oscar watches on as, with your second round of attacks, both your battling pokémon start off the show in an instant. Digga flies upwards, approaching the suspended chandelier at a great speed on her supersonic wings. As she reaches the glass monstrosity, she rammed it with her head, causing shards of glass to plummet towards the Chatot. With this impending attack, Oscar issues a command, “Dodge, Dahlia…” and, as the miniature dagger-like shards reach the bird, she attempts to dodge. However, your plan appears to work as several of the shards of glass go undodged, buffeting the parrot and causing her great distress. Despite this, off of her own back, the Chatot begins to attack. Not leaving the ground, she throws her head and wings backwards as a cyclonic attack begins to form before her, ripping across the restaurant and hitting the Vibrava hard.

“Good initiative, Dah!” Oscar smirks before turning his attention back to the battle; it seemed to be Valor’s time to attack. As the turtle pokémon forms its water energy into a powerful pulse of an attack, Victoria stands on, eyeing up her opponent, “Meet his pulse with one of your own, Vic, dragon pulse!” With her trainer’s command, the Gabite throws her head backwards, forming a similar orb of energy within her mouth and, as Valor launches his, she launches hers. Both coloured spheres meet in the centre of the room, the power of Victoria’s attack dissipating the water pulse, dousing the whole arena with a light shower. Not wasting any time, Valor begins coating himself in a thick mire before moving in to attack the dragon pokémon once more. Leaping at her, he grabs at her head before blowing a harsh blizzard attack from his mouth. This attack hits Victoria hard, causing her to roar in pain as her thick skin cools down more and more by the second.

Digga, now recovered from the Chatot’s twister attack, swoops up and down, gathering static electricity from the air before making a beeline for the incapacitated parrot. Just before the dragonfly got in close enough to issue the zap cannon attack, Oscar uttered another command, “Attempt to use agility to get out of the way…” With that, the parrot nods, despite her ability to fly being temporarily disabled, she is still quick on her feet and manages to dodge the oncoming threat, Digga hitting the floor and wasting all her saved up energy before u-turning back to her original position, “Touché…” you hear Oscar whisper to himself…

The plan had worked well last round, as not only had he done damage to the opposing pokemon, but he had also set up Valor to he could ambush the pink bird. "Valor, do not shake the mud off, we need the ground to be on you this round if we want to surprise Oscar." he looked at his watch, it was after midnight and he was getting drowsy, he needed to get this over with and retrieve the woman's pokemon. "Okay guys, prepare to attack as we are taking this full throttle!" Freeze smiled and nodded on the sidelines, he enjoyed how his master got into things and tried to get on with brute force. He normally failed, but it was joyous watching it happen.

"Valor, I need you to get Dahlia and hold her down! Run up and hold her as tightly as possible and keep the mud on you. Digga' as Valor holds her down I want you to use Zap Cannon on the Bird." Both pokemon looked at him in shock, Valor in shock as he was supposed to hold her and would get hit and Digga' angered by the fact that he would even suggest this. "Relax guys, that's what the mud is for! The ground in it will take away the electricity from Valor's body, but not Dahlia's." They both sighed, they had confirmed their trainer wasn't crazy as they thought. "Digga, if Victoria tries to intervene hit it with a Dark Pulse. Valor, after you guys hit Dahlia aim at the pokemon with a wave you can surf. Then return any Physical attacks they might hit you with. Digga' end your attacks with a Tri-Attack towards Victoria and Valor aqua Jet the bird!" He was getting drowsy, and his judgement was becoming impaired.

Pearl's Perap
18th March 2009, 10:04 PM
[u]Game shacks

-Hayward-
Looking as pumped as it was when it had first emerged from the machine, the Cacnea grins at you and your battling partner. Despite it not having evolved, the little pokémon already seemed to be pretty sinister, despite its size and overall cuteness. As you issue your final attack for the next round, the wild pokémon takes no time in leaping forward for its first assault on Medeo. Whilst in the air, the cactus pokémon points both of its prickly arms in yours and the Meditite's direction, firing purple needles out of nowhere. Luckily, through his confusion, Medeo detects this attack and slides to the left with great ease, each individual appendage missing him by a good distance. It seemed like the temporary confusion had already worn off as the psychic fighting pokémon sat down from where he was poised, closing both of his large eyes and clasping his hands together in meditation. As he did so, he seemed to eminate an aura of power. Angered by Medeos not matching up to its physical attacks, the Cacnea fires more needles, this time each of them buffet the meditating Meditite.

"Caaac!" the cactus pokémon cries happily, glad it has landed a successful attack. However, the attack did not appear to work its intended purpose and ensnare Medeo in a crippling poison. In fact, the Meditite looked cooler than ever, as if the attack had never happened. Re-opening his eyes, Medeos crossed both arms, biding himself for the next attack. Sensing this act, the Cacnea simply stopped moving. It appeared to have rooted itself into the grimy soil and slowly but surely was growing due to the various nutrients, despite them being few and far between. With its special attack boosted from using growth, the cactus pokémon looked slightly refreshed as it pointed an arm in the direction of you and your partner, awaiting the next onslaught...

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
With your initial round of orders working out in your favour, you decide that escape was your best option in the current situation. Giving out your orders, a Dragon Rage from Rensing followed by Flash and Teleport from Idrial, the wheels of your plan begin to set into motion. The dark puppy runs forwards, spewing a flurry of draconic flame in every direction. Despite this, both of the opposing pokémon merely look on in confusion. Sensing it was her time, the Gardevoir threw her hands before herself and from the ends of her finger tips, another blinding flash attack came. This part of the order seemed to work out as planned as the Cacturne and Medicham squinted through the harsh brightness of the attack, both lifting up their arms to shield their eyes from its intensity. With this, the psychic pokémon had diverted as best she could and, motioning for each party to come closer, the air around the group began to become manipulated, waves of psychic energy appeared to be surrounding them and within a matter of seconds it felt as if they were hurtling through the air itself.

With a sudden jolt, you, the mystery woman and your two pokémon appeared in a familiar location. You can't help but turn your attention in the direction you had recently traveled, the location where the two weird pokémon were probably approaching from in the darkness. "I didn't anticipate such a quick exit..." the woman panted, looking up at you with a smile, "The name is Rochelle, I heard rumours about this place and decided to take a look for myself. Silly of me I know..." she finished, still smirking slightly to herself. Idrial glanced at her, placing a soothing hand on her shoulder, despite how lighthearted she was being about the situation, the Gardevoir sensed her mind was in turmoil and she wasn't as happy as she seemed, understandable due to being kept in a net. "Hounnn!" Rensing nipped at her leg playfully and as he did so, the woman stopped smiling, focusing on the dark pokémon, "Is... is that pokémon from... down here..?"

The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
With the usual pre-decision banters aside, Prestige takes control of the situation, releasing Ignatius onto the floor before you and explaining the plan of action. With a slight look of confusion, the Quilava begins to set the plan into action. Scampering towards the first load of chairs, he nudges at them to no avail. "Strength, Christ..." comes the Abra's voice to which the fire pokémon quickly responds with a scowl. He begins nudging again, only this time, he manages to flip a whole stack of tables and chairs onto back. Slowly but surely he begins setting them into place and the makeshift ladder-***-deathtrap takes form. Gathering one final pile of various furniture, the Quilava hauls them towards the already mountainous pile, dragging them up, down and side to side until the perfect stepping stones were in place.

"You're kidding me?" Prestige eyed up the swaying tower and with his wisecrack came a quick burst of Ignatius' backflames before the exhausted pokémon lies down at your feet. Within seconds, the Abra replaces Ignatius back into his pokéball and looks towards you, "I call not going first..." he chuckles, holding out a claw and attempting to drag you towards the unsafe tower of various hotel furniture. Looking up, you contemplate leaving the deranged sheep and getting completely out of the tunnels the way that you had come, "Screwed up or not, Ana is your responsibility, get going..." came the sarcastic voice once more and with it, the Abra begins to ascend before you, sick of waiting. Despite his apparent laziness, it appears as though Prestige is rather agile, leaping from chair to chair like a professional ballet dancer. Arriving at the vent, he slides himself inside before appearing to fall asleep to wait for you to follow him in a not-so-similar manner...

The Restaurant

Psychopath
With your second round of attacks working rather well, you list your next attacks. Processing them, both of your attacking pokémon begin at once. The Squirtle, still coated in a layer of slimy and not-so-nice smelling myre, runs at the Chatot before crashing towards her and pinning her down. "This isn't good..." you hear Oscar mutter as his face appears to drop. As the parrot squirms beneath the turtle pokémon's grip, Digga eyes her chance. Charging up the static energy once more, she fires it down at the parrot. As it nears more and more, the boy barks a command, "Vic, Dragon Pulse that Vibrava, now!" With this command, the Gabite follows Digga with her keen eyesight before throwing back her head and firing a pulse of powerful purple energy in the direction of the dragonfly-like pokémon. As both attacks connect with their intended foes, two shrill cries are heard. Looking up you see your Vibrava plummeting downwards. Landing in a pile, she appears to have fainted.

Despite her demise in the battle, Digga still managed to land the electrical attack on the Chatot and it appeared she too had suffered a significant amount of damage and fainted, being the cause of the second loud cry. With neither of you expecting an outcome such as this so early on, Valor and Victoria stand off, eyeing each other up. "Return, Dahlia, your time was short lived but you did me proud nontheless..." Oscar whispers to the fainted parrot, returning her to her pokéball for a period of rest. Standing up properly, he looks to you once more, "One on one is always more...tense.." he spoke with a large grin forming on his face. In unison, the Gabite grinned too, both trainer and pokémon looking rather confident despite losing one of their team mates to a harsh blow. Not wasting any more time, Valor presses both front claws to the ground, closing his eyes before a large wave began to appear from nowhere, eminating from the ground. As he took to the top of this wave, approaching the dragon pokémon, he gave his own smile. "Vic, dear, I want you to leap right on into that oncoming wave and form a twister..." Oscar seemed to be ordering his attacks properly now, rather than just uttering them when necessary. After he had issued the attack, the wave getting closer and closer, Victoria ran headlong into it before throwing her head and claws backwards, turning the water energy into a horrific typhoon. After the two moves collide and eventually dissipate, both pokémon are left having taken similar levels of damage...

-Hayward-
19th March 2009, 4:44 AM
Game shacks

-Hayward-
Looking as pumped as it was when it had first emerged from the machine, the Cacnea grins at you and your battling partner. Despite it not having evolved, the little pokémon already seemed to be pretty sinister, despite its size and overall cuteness. As you issue your final attack for the next round, the wild pokémon takes no time in leaping forward for its first assault on Medeo. Whilst in the air, the cactus pokémon points both of its prickly arms in yours and the Meditite's direction, firing purple needles out of nowhere. Luckily, through his confusion, Medeo detects this attack and slides to the left with great ease, each individual appendage missing him by a good distance. It seemed like the temporary confusion had already worn off as the psychic fighting pokémon sat down from where he was poised, closing both of his large eyes and clasping his hands together in meditation. As he did so, he seemed to eminate an aura of power. Angered by Medeos not matching up to its physical attacks, the Cacnea fires more needles, this time each of them buffet the meditating Meditite.

"Caaac!" the cactus pokémon cries happily, glad it has landed a successful attack. However, the attack did not appear to work its intended purpose and ensnare Medeo in a crippling poison. In fact, the Meditite looked cooler than ever, as if the attack had never happened. Re-opening his eyes, Medeos crossed both arms, biding himself for the next attack. Sensing this act, the Cacnea simply stopped moving. It appeared to have rooted itself into the grimy soil and slowly but surely was growing due to the various nutrients, despite them being few and far between. With its special attack boosted from using growth, the cactus pokémon looked slightly refreshed as it pointed an arm in the direction of you and your partner, awaiting the next onslaught...



On a battlefield dotted with Game Shacks in the deserted theme park Miasma Heights, the Trainer Benjamin Hale watched as the events of the battle unfolded before his grey-green eyes. As Ben had hoped, the wild Cacnea had rushed to attack, firing a barrage of toxic needles from the tips of its spiky arms in Medeo’s direction. Despite his confusion, Medeo’s psychic abilities had enabled him to DETECT the Cactus Pokemon’s initial onslaught, further angering the already irritated Cacnea. Medeo shook his tiny, onion-shaped head rapidly from side-to-side, and Ben breathed out a grateful sigh as he realized the Yoga Pokemon had snapped out of his confusion.

Recalling his trainer’s counsel to remain cool, Medeo calmly sat down cross-legged on the grass, adopting the Lotad Position. Eyes closed, hands clasped tightly together, the Meditite’s tiny fingers raced through a series of intricate finger gestures, known as Mindfulness Jutsu. Ben watched as a faint aura surrounded Medeo, and the teenager realized that Medeo was attempting to elevate his attack power by raising his consciousness of their surroundings. So focused was the Yoga Pokemon’s concentration that he didn’t even budge as the incensed Cacnea fired off another salvo of poison-tipped needles, and let out a celebratory “Caaac!”

Ben breathed out a grateful sigh as he saw that his diminutive companion had avoided the lethal effects of the noxious needles. Medeo’s eyes suddenly snapped open and crossing his arms in the Heavenly Squirtle Resistance kung-fu stance he braced himself, biding time until the plump cactus’s next attack. However, the strike never came, as the quick-thinking Cacnea, had opted to raise its own fighting power through a process of growth acceleration. With an invigorated look on its rotund, little face, the wild Cacnea pointed a mocking arm in Medeo’s direction, taunting the small Meditite to make the next move.

Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, Ben thought hard to come up with another strategy. Up til now, the clever Cacnea had fairly easily rebuffed all of their attacks. Not only that, but it seemed to Ben that Medeo had suffered the majority of the damage and could probably use a pick-me-up. “Brilliant work so far, mate,” the black-clad trainer complimented his loyal partner. “Surround yourself with an AQUA RING (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9416997&postcount=6), then hit Cacnea with a DRAIN PUNCH (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9527081&postcount=144).” Medeo nodded his understanding, and Ben continued, “Look sharp, keep your cool, and be ready to defend with DETECT (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml).” The small Meditite fixed his steely gaze on the jeering Cacnea and readied himself for the next round...


__________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Amras.MG
19th March 2009, 5:14 AM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
With your initial round of orders working out in your favour, you decide that escape was your best option in the current situation. Giving out your orders, a Dragon Rage from Rensing followed by Flash and Teleport from Idrial, the wheels of your plan begin to set into motion. The dark puppy runs forwards, spewing a flurry of draconic flame in every direction. Despite this, both of the opposing pokémon merely look on in confusion. Sensing it was her time, the Gardevoir threw her hands before herself and from the ends of her finger tips, another blinding flash attack came. This part of the order seemed to work out as planned as the Cacturne and Medicham squinted through the harsh brightness of the attack, both lifting up their arms to shield their eyes from its intensity. With this, the psychic pokémon had diverted as best she could and, motioning for each party to come closer, the air around the group began to become manipulated, waves of psychic energy appeared to be surrounding them and within a matter of seconds it felt as if they were hurtling through the air itself.

With a sudden jolt, you, the mystery woman and your two pokémon appeared in a familiar location. You can't help but turn your attention in the direction you had recently traveled, the location where the two weird pokémon were probably approaching from in the darkness. "I didn't anticipate such a quick exit..." the woman panted, looking up at you with a smile, "The name is Rochelle, I heard rumours about this place and decided to take a look for myself. Silly of me I know..." she finished, still smirking slightly to herself. Idrial glanced at her, placing a soothing hand on her shoulder, despite how lighthearted she was being about the situation, the Gardevoir sensed her mind was in turmoil and she wasn't as happy as she seemed, understandable due to being kept in a net. "Hounnn!" Rensing nipped at her leg playfully and as he did so, the woman stopped smiling, focusing on the dark pokémon, "Is... is that pokémon from... down here..?"


Amras' plan goes off well, Houndour drawing attention away from the evil Pokemon while Gardevoir Flashes them. Grabbing the lady, Amras, Rensing, and Idrial are Teleported to the branch in the cavern in the nick of time, the lady gasping at the unexpectedly quick departure from her previous death cavern. Amras glances down the corridor anxiously, fully expecting the duo to chase them, and quickly thinks of a way to protect themselves while the lady pulls out of probable shock. Amras looks worriedly at the lady as she introduces herself as Rochelle, and nods in understanding while she explains why she was down in the Underbelly in the first place. Amras notices Idrial's comforting move and immediately catches on to the implications; she's in emotional pain. Taking Rochelle's hand, Amras introduces himself, and quickly tells her that she'll be safe with them. Rensing begins to act like the puppy he is, and Amras notices the woman's adverse reaction to his origin, understandable due to her circumstance. The trainer stands up, reaching out his hand to Rochelle as an offering for support, and quickly gives her a rundown on the situation, right after giving Idrial a quick order.

"Idrial, will you please collapse the tunnel to the cavern we just left with a Psychic? We need to get moving down the other tunnel and away from those Pokemon, although I have a feeling we'll have to face them eventually."

"Ma'am, this Houndour is the reason we were able to save you. I captured him at the entrance to this ride, and he's lead us down the caverns very faithfully, and I fully trust him. I understand your hesitation to be near a Pokemon from these caverns due to being captured, but we honestly don't have time to dwell on that right now. Those Pokemon may be slowed down by Idrial's cave-in, but it will not stop them. We need to get moving, and if you don't have the strength to move, I'd be happy to support you down the tunnel. While we're moving, I have to ask you... did you meet an old lady before entering the Underbelly?"

Psychopath
19th March 2009, 10:49 PM
[U]The Restaurant

Psychopath
With your second round of attacks working rather well, you list your next attacks. Processing them, both of your attacking pokémon begin at once. The Squirtle, still coated in a layer of slimy and not-so-nice smelling myre, runs at the Chatot before crashing towards her and pinning her down. "This isn't good..." you hear Oscar mutter as his face appears to drop. As the parrot squirms beneath the turtle pokémon's grip, Digga eyes her chance. Charging up the static energy once more, she fires it down at the parrot. As it nears more and more, the boy barks a command, "Vic, Dragon Pulse that Vibrava, now!" With this command, the Gabite follows Digga with her keen eyesight before throwing back her head and firing a pulse of powerful purple energy in the direction of the dragonfly-like pokémon. As both attacks connect with their intended foes, two shrill cries are heard. Looking up you see your Vibrava plummeting downwards. Landing in a pile, she appears to have fainted.

Despite her demise in the battle, Digga still managed to land the electrical attack on the Chatot and it appeared she too had suffered a significant amount of damage and fainted, being the cause of the second loud cry. With neither of you expecting an outcome such as this so early on, Valor and Victoria stand off, eyeing each other up. "Return, Dahlia, your time was short lived but you did me proud nontheless..." Oscar whispers to the fainted parrot, returning her to her pokéball for a period of rest. Standing up properly, he looks to you once more, "One on one is always more...tense.." he spoke with a large grin forming on his face. In unison, the Gabite grinned too, both trainer and pokémon looking rather confident despite losing one of their team mates to a harsh blow. Not wasting any more time, Valor presses both front claws to the ground, closing his eyes before a large wave began to appear from nowhere, eminating from the ground. As he took to the top of this wave, approaching the dragon pokémon, he gave his own smile. "Vic, dear, I want you to leap right on into that oncoming wave and form a twister..." Oscar seemed to be ordering his attacks properly now, rather than just uttering them when necessary. After he had issued the attack, the wave getting closer and closer, Victoria ran headlong into it before throwing her head and claws backwards, turning the water energy into a horrific typhoon. After the two moves collide and eventually dissipate, both pokémon are left having taken similar levels of damage...

Looking at the results of the last round Tyson realised the outcome wasn't as great as the price. For one, Digga' was out, Valor was the only one left against the shark dragon. He would need strategy to win the next round, not just brute force. He would get to that later, at the moment he needed to move Digga' out of the field. "Hold on Oscar." He ran up to where the ground pokemon layed. He groaned as he picked her up, she was middle sized, but surprisingly heavy. He walked back to the table and placed her on top of it. He dug in his backpack, first he brought out a pokedex and put it aside "I'll need this later," he then came up with a Revive (http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=783567&postcount=1678), "There we go." He opened up Digga's mouth and sprayed the soft liquid into it, she began groaning as her conciousness returned, it would take a while but Digga would be okay. "Back to battling." He picked up his pokedex and aimed the scanner at the Gabite, information rushed to him as he spoke to Valor.

"Well, your opponent is four times your size and it outmatches you in attack, but you outmatch it in all defence. We need to take advantage of this if we are going to defeat it. Also it looks like it can't naturally learn Electric or Grass attacks, but we need to be wary of it knowing any TMs it might know. Luckily it has considerably more damage from the earlier Blizzard attack." He thought for a second and came up with a strategy. Let's bloat up its ego. "Valor, take it easy, make yourself look weak." He whispered this to his pokemon, as it had come up close to its trainer, both in fear of its opponent and lack of orders. "Flail around and let it get close, if you can hit it use water pulse, if its about to hit you get out of the way and hit it with an aqua jet. This is to test it for weaknesses so don't use too much of your energy."

Come on Valor, you can do this.

Tale
22nd March 2009, 12:34 PM
Merry-Go-Round: Looks just like a normal Merry-Go-Round right? Think again. Take the trip of a lifetime... or maybe just your life, and see what mysteries live within the maze beneath the Merry-Go-Round. Not such a fun-filled looking ride now is it?

I saw your comment in UPN TO, I hope it's alright for me to throw myself into this adventure...


Never had he experienced such an incomparable emanation of malevolence. As he walked, mesmerised, through the ghostly metropolis of faded colours and lifeless lights, the ethereal presence permeating this horrific setting hung thick in the air. He struggled to conceive of a more thrilling prospect of danger. During his journeys, the degree of danger was never as palpable as that which cursed this chilling fairground. Here, his penchant for peril threatened to submit to fear. Here, he experienced a novel vulnerability to which he was not accustomed.

Sidling through the eerie maze without daring to allow his eyes the opportunity to peer from behind the rim of his hat, he pinched his goatee for comfort, and dipped into the pocket of his pinstriped trousers to ascertain the sustained presence of his companions. Before long, his path was forced to a halt as a, obstructing structure stood like a spectral body, a deathly vivacity surrounding its very presence. He speculated the consequences of engaging with this treacherous fairground, before concluding that such consequences could never be deduced from such an unequivocal mystery. Subsequently, he opted for first-hand discovery, and contact with the unsettling structures of the fairground would inevitably be the required course of action should one desire to witness its distressing mysteries.

Baring that in mind, Oscar stepped forwards and clambered upon the Merry-Go-Round, taking a seat upon one of its models. Glancing up, he awaited his penalty.

Silver Wind
22nd March 2009, 7:44 PM
Miasma Heights

The Funhouse: The name speaks for itself, though, the fun you'll have might not be the sort of fun you are acquainted with. A strange entity exists in the building which seems to emanate evil from the walls and floors, causing even the most nimble of trainers to have trouble keeping their balance in the various trick rooms. Despite it seeming like any usual funhouse, this one is renowned for how easy it is to get lost within it’s various rooms and even contains rooms that you don’t know are there…until it is too late.


Stumbling past the rusted gates of the former world renowned Miasma Heights, the once infamous scoundrel of Seaside City had found himself lost; unaware of the wicked place he had come across. Only known as ‘The Diddler’, he roams the land in search of any elderly that have been misbehaving, and often engages them in a tooth loosening battles. This public vendetta against the youthfully handicapped is a heartrending tale of worship and slaughter, a burning fury that had been uncovered only by the untimely death of his Mother. Long story short, he had awakened one Christmas morning to find his dear mother viciously molested. The police reported multiple wheel burns on her skin, gold bond medicated powder spread throughout the house, and an Members Card for Senior Discounts at McDonalds. It was thought to be committed by the notorious ‘Tranny Grannies.” This was when he was known as Flippy McGee, of the McGee Porn Industry. You see, Ms. McGee was a porn star, working tricks to support her ailing 15 children.

“A parent's slip in the bathroom or a collision caused by a mistake in the driver's seat can precipitate a deluge of anguished decisions and rapid changes you're not ready to handle. Suddenly, you could be scrambling to locate account numbers to pay Mom's bills while she's in the hospital, tangling with her insurance company to figure out why coverage for an X-ray was denied, and consulting with your brother—who lives three states away—about getting Mom into an assisted-living facility. You grapple with guilt because your mother never wanted to move out of her home, but now her condition leaves little choice. As the drama plays out, you're also trying to stay afloat at work and look after your other dependents, the kids...” he mumbled to himself...

Flippy took another quick look at his surroundings, before taking out a couple of his Pokéball, and releasing one of his Pokémon. When the light had faded, his only Pokémon left was Pathos. The young Abra bounded around for a little bit, before walking up to Flippy, and nodding, almost as if he knew she would be the voice of direction. Flip smiled at his determination, and knelt down next to him. He then took one last look around, before scooping him up into his arms.

“I don’t we’ve ever been here before, Pathos. Seems kinda spooky, dontcha think?” The Diddler chuckled. A light trickle falls from the sky as a youngster and an whopping fox-creature make their way through the disheveled grounds of the Theme Park.

“It’s a tad chilly…” the fox yawned to Flippy, clearly becoming impatient at the current weather situation. Not wanting to waste anymore time, the duo wandered off in the direction of the Fun House, out to explore this new fizzy region.

Demon Skittle
23rd March 2009, 4:17 AM
The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
With the usual pre-decision banters aside, Prestige takes control of the situation, releasing Ignatius onto the floor before you and explaining the plan of action. With a slight look of confusion, the Quilava begins to set the plan into action. Scampering towards the first load of chairs, he nudges at them to no avail. "Strength, Christ..." comes the Abra's voice to which the fire pokémon quickly responds with a scowl. He begins nudging again, only this time, he manages to flip a whole stack of tables and chairs onto back. Slowly but surely he begins setting them into place and the makeshift ladder-***-deathtrap takes form. Gathering one final pile of various furniture, the Quilava hauls them towards the already mountainous pile, dragging them up, down and side to side until the perfect stepping stones were in place.

"You're kidding me?" Prestige eyed up the swaying tower and with his wisecrack came a quick burst of Ignatius' backflames before the exhausted pokémon lies down at your feet. Within seconds, the Abra replaces Ignatius back into his pokéball and looks towards you, "I call not going first..." he chuckles, holding out a claw and attempting to drag you towards the unsafe tower of various hotel furniture. Looking up, you contemplate leaving the deranged sheep and getting completely out of the tunnels the way that you had come, "Screwed up or not, Ana is your responsibility, get going..." came the sarcastic voice once more and with it, the Abra begins to ascend before you, sick of waiting. Despite his apparent laziness, it appears as though Prestige is rather agile, leaping from chair to chair like a professional ballet dancer. Arriving at the vent, he slides himself inside before appearing to fall asleep to wait for you to follow him in a not-so-similar manner...Oh my god, my replies are coming slower and slower. :|

"You're kidding me?" Prestige and Alina said in unison. The tower was swaying slightly, with the Quilava on top, stacking one more chair carefully upon another. Afterward, he nimbly jumped from each chair and table, rather proud of his work of art, and trotted over to Alina's side to properly gaze up at the final result.

"It's a death trap!" Prestige cried. "Couldn't you make it a little bit safer? Like, nail chairs together, and nail them to the wall?"

Ignatius bared his teeth and snapped as he lit the flames on his back. No way was he going to put up with any ******** from that sad excuse for a psychic type. Prestige yawned and fetched the pokeball, in which he promptly returned Ignatius to. He took one last look at the tower and said "I call not going first..."

"Let's do the sensible thing and not go up at all," Alina said as she stared up in horror at the tower of swaying chairs.

"Screwed up or not, Ana is your responsibility, get going..."

Alina sighed, shaking as she climbed onto the base of the tower. But despite his complaints and not wanting to go first, Prestige gracefully skipped passed Alina, jumped from chair to chair, and reached the vent in a matter of seconds.

"You ***!" Alina cried out to him. "Instead of mocking me you could have just Teleported there!" Prestige merely shrugged and smiled, saying "Well, I would say you're half way there, but I'd be lying."

Instead of climbing on the next chair, Alina wanted to throw it at him, but that would make the rest of the chairs and tables collapse on her... She would have to wait until she got up there.

"Are you sure this is the only way to Ana?" asked Alina as she climbed the chairs shakily and clumsily.

"I'm sorry, but it is. You really are almost there this time, keep going."

Alina whimpered and continued to climb the treacherous tower, trying not to look down and not to think about a huge tower of unstable chairs that could break due to being old and fall over and...

Finally, she placed a hand on the cold surface of the vent, and hauled herself up in a panic, as if something was out to get her on the bottom. Prestige clapped his claws together and used his Flash move to light up the vent, although Alina wished she hadn't. Her relief of finally getting off the tower was now replaced by disgust... there was so much dust in this vent, it was disgusting. Prestige didn't wait for her to regain herself, though, and began trotting down the vent. How lucky he was to be so damn small, he could walk down this vent without a problem, while Alina, who had to be on all fours, miserably crawled along, trying to keep up with her little Abra as he led the way down the vent...

Pearl's Perap
29th March 2009, 12:40 PM
[Reeeeally sorry about the lateness, been caught up in real life... and with Platinum :x Also, I would like to welcome both Tale and Silver Wind into the wonderful (if not a little spooooky) realm of Miasma Heights, so, welcome guys, hope you enjoy your time here :3]

Game shacks

-Hayward-
With your next set of battle commands, the Cacnea and Meditite began readying themselves at once. As both the small pokémon stood poised ready to attack, your companion Medeo began first. Standing perfectly still, the fighting type placed his hands together and, as he did so, a ring of a skyblue hue began to form around him, glinting in the halflight of the deserted themepark. With this, Medeo seemed to regain himself somewhat, looking even more ready for the cactus pokémon's next attack. Visibly annoyed by this act of replenishing itself, the Cacnea attempted its own similar attack, pointing both of its prickly arms in the direction of the Meditite before attempting to sap away at his health with an absorb attack. Successful, the wild pokémon regained a slither of its hitpoints, but a recovery nontheless. However, the wild pokémon's attack comes in vain as Medeo runs in, fists a'glowing, before he slams one down on the cactus pokémon's head. As he does so, more hitpoints are recovered due to the attacks effect, leaving the wild pokémon with even less hitpoints and Medeo looking rather healthy.

"Caaaac!" the small prickly pokémon cries, the more you heal and the more hitpoints they lose, the angrier they seem to get. Facing you and Medeo, the wild Cacnea begins to summon up leaves from nowhere, each one shining with a magical light. As the leaves completely form, the cactus pokémon uses its power to send them directly at Medeo, each one buffeting the fighting type, causing minimal damage but damaging the Meditite regardless. With this attack, Medeo sits upon the ground, crossing his legs and closing his eyes in a sort of meditation-like state, ready to detect the next attack. This technique works as the Cacnea attempts a Low Kick, completely missing as Medeo's concentration allows it to become fluid and avoid the onslaught all together. Landing where the Meditite was previously, Cacnea turns on its tiny feet to face you, malice in its usually happy eyes. It seems as if the pokémon has lost the majority of its hitpoints but the darkness passed down from its Cacturne parents seems to keep it battling in a devilish manner...

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
By your command, Idrial begans to summon up all of her energy within her mind and hands before using it in the direction the four had just been previously. As she did so, the rocks began to collapse, more and more each second until the whole section of the tunnel had been completely engulfed in rubble, eliminating the chance of the Cacturne and Medicham from pursuing the two humans and their two pokémon companions. However, as she does this, rocks began collapsing from other parts of the ceiling, becoming a major threat to all of you, "Okay, this is not good, follow me..." Rochelle barked, motioning towards both you, the Gardevoir and Rensing to stick close by her. You look on as she dodges amongst the rubble and still falling rocks with great ease, she seems rather used to this sort of thing. Eventually, she comes to a stop, the cavern at peace once more.

"Phew, that wasn't good, we may have eliminated our threat now, but we almost ended up being eliminated ourselves..." she chuckled, despite the potential danger, she seemed to be able to shrug it off with great ease. Turning to you, she begins to talk once more, "I sincerely believe this Houndour is a wonderful pokémon..." As she spoke, she slowly lowered herself to the puppy's level, extending an arm to stroke the dark pokémon behind the ears, something which he appeared to enjoy, "...it's just, I can't deny the fact that the pokémon, despite its genial nature, seems to have something...there. Something beneath the surface..." She finished, her face looking rather awkward as Rensing seemed to become nervous at her words. "Everything should be fine though, as long as we stick together and have a plan for every possible situation that may arise in these catacombs." As she finished, it appeared as if Rensing had noticed the footprints from the previous time in the tunnel, tugging at your leg with his teeth and growling to himself...

The Restaurant

Psychopath
Watching on as you use the coveted Revive item on the dragonfly and issue your next rounds worth of attacks to the tiny turtle pokémon, Oscar smirks. Victoria the Gabite looks back to him, revealing her sharp teeth in an awkward smile of her own. As Valor began to flail around on the ground, the Gabite looked on in a confused manner, your plan appeared to be working as she began to approach slowly but surely. However, the boy noticed that the Squirtle was merely luring the land shark close and he quickly barked a command, "Vicky, Earthquake, now!" As this command was issued, the Gabite nodded, leaping upwards in the air before hurtling back down at the ground, stomach first. As the dragon pokémon connected with the ground, tremors and shockwaves went in every direction, causing both tables to shake violently. The attack also hit the flailing Valor, who appeared to take moderate damage. Freeze the Weavile was the only thing not affected by this, the refereeing pokémon leaping upwards as the attack struck.

Annoyed by the fact the opponent had gotten her hit in first, the Squirtle formed a large sphere of watery matter before itself once more, using its tiny turtle claws to launch it in the direction of the Gabite. A success, the water attack engulfs Victoria, leaving her dripping wet afterwards. However, this is not all, with this attack, the opponent's pokémon appears to have become confused as she runs towards Valor, spinning her finned arms in every direction possible. Luckily, your Squirtle knew exactly what to do, as the dragon pokémon got close, Valor leaped out of the way before returning at the opponent in a veil of water in the form of aqua jet. A quick attack, Valor bounces off of the back of the Gabite with his attack, dealing another nice chunk of damage. With this, Victoria appears to lose her confusion, but her hitpoints aren't looking too amazing, "Keep at it girl, you can do this..." Oscar uttered with a smile, a look of regret appeared in his face, in his heart of hearts, he knew that Victoria was failing...

Merry-Go-Round

Tale
Arriving at the closed down theme park, you explore somewhat before settling on your desired location, the bizarre yet comforting Merry-Go-Round. Clambering upon it and settling on a steed, a Ponyta with a blue fiery mane and tail, you wait for the right to set into motion. At first, it appears as if the carousel is not going to budge in anyway until, inquisitive as to whether their is anyone manning the ride, you attempt to get off of the steed. As you do this, a blinding flash of light appears before your head and slowly but surely, each Ponyta and Rapidash begin moving up and down, quickening up as they circle the centre, the area in which you are right now. Quickly, you leap back onto your chosen Ponyta, clinging to the ornate pole protruding from its back as the ride begins to get quicker and quicker. Concentrating on the Ponyta, you notice every so often, its blue flames seem to flicker slightly.

With each quickening circle, you feel like catching a breath is becoming harder and harder and your stomach feels like it is bouncing around your whole body within you. Eventually it appears as though the ride is staying at a steady speed and, as you close your eyes for a matter of seconds, a chorus of neighs and winnies fill your ears, the ride appeared to be coming to life indefinitely. Re-opening your eyes, you are hit with a strange sight. You still appear to be on the ride but the surroundings beyond the merry-go-round are much different. You appear to be in some sort of forested grove, much different to the location of Miasma Heights. As the ride pulls to a halt, the Ponyta and Rapidash cease their chorus, each one detaching from the poles they are suspended from and running into the clearing. With a neigh, the alternatively coloured Ponyta you are sitting on does precisely the same, leaping upwards before landing on the grass with you intact on its back. The rest of the possessed herd dash across the clearing and towards what appears to be a hedge maze and, turning its mechanical head, the fake horse you are still sitting on looks up at you, awaiting your decision...

The Funhouse

Silver Wind
Deciding on a desired location, the Funhouse, both you and your psychic companion, an Abra by the name of Pathos, slowly pad towards the building. As it came into your line of vision completely, you could see the building would have definitely been fun in its heyday, coloured lights sat dormant around its entrance and the colour of the building itself could only be described as the sort of colours you would see if a toddler ate a whole packet of crayola before spewing them all back up again in sequence. Arriving at the main entrance to the ride, you push past the turnstile and, behind you, the Abra uses its telekinetic abilities to do the same, pushing it extra hard as he passed so it would spin in an annoying manner. As you both reach the main doors, they swing into life, throwing both you and Pathos onto the asphalt. As the doors open, despite being on the floor with an acheing backside, you notice the inside is full of light and a cheery but rather unnerving little tune appears to be playing.

"Woah, weird..." The Abra looks towards you, confused by the sudden burst of life from within the fun house, which at first glances appeared to be completely derelict. Regardless of this, both you, The Diddler, and your companion Pathos stand up, brushing the dark dust from the back of your pants and setting foot inside the peculiar ride. Once you had stepped over the threshold, the lifeless doors swung shut with a loud bang, despite them being inanimate, they seemed to have a life of their own alright. "This place actually seems so cool..." Pathos uttered directly into your mind, a grin on his face. Before you was a corridor with an opening to both the right and the left. To the left, it appeared as if there was a ball pool, a whole room filled with small colourful spheres, perfect for children to get stuck within and suffocate. To the right, the room was filled with a series of roped nets, quite the test even for the most agile of people. "What'll be, Diddly dee?" the Abra spoke into your mind once more, pointing to both the right and left with a bony yellow claw...

The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
As you crawl further and further into the cramped up and incredibly dusty ventilation system, hacking and coughing away as you do so, Prestige seems to freeze onto the spot. Despite his laidback approach at first, trotting from the entrance, completely ignoring the fact you were struggling amongst the dust and in the cramped environment, he appeared to be unnerved now. As you reach him in the creaking metal vent, he places a singular claw on your mouth, motioning towards you to keep quiet. It became apparent that, just up ahead, there was a perfectly square hole. Your heart skips several beats, imagine if neither of you had noticed that, one or both could be goners by now. A few seconds pass and Prestige, who appears to be in a sleeping state, speaks into your mind, "I can sense movement down that hole, it doesn't seem hostile..." With this, the Abra crawls forwards, peering down into the murky darkness of the hole.

A clawed thumb appears before your face before Prestige turns around, a slight grin on his emotionless face, "I can see a round yellow light and hear breathing, I think Ana might be down there..." His voice seemed a lot more at ease now, with a slight chuckle in it. With Prestige returning to looking down the hole, your breathing begins to go off again, the thick dust all over your hands, your clothes, everywhere, is doing no good for your respiratory system and, through no fault of your own, you begin coughing maniacally. With a hiss, the Abra turns, attempting to cover your mouth, but it is no good, your coughing fit continues. Suddenly, through your trauma, you hear a scuffling noise within the hole up ahead, quickly followed by a loud bah'ing noise, it had to be Ana the Flaaffy, only she had such a bizarre way of making herself known. From beneath the vent came several thuds, whatever was in the room with the Flaaffy appeared to have gathered your presence within the ventilation system and a head materialized before Prestige, "Oi, you, what you doing in me vents?!" said the head, which appeared to either be floating without a body or attached to an older male, "C'mon, explain yourself, girly!"

-Hayward-
30th March 2009, 5:27 AM
[Reeeeally sorry about the lateness, been caught up in real life... and with Platinum :x Also, I would like to welcome both Tale and Silver Wind into the wonderful (if not a little spooooky) realm of Miasma Heights, so, welcome guys, hope you enjoy your time here :3]

Game shacks

-Hayward-
With your next set of battle commands, the Cacnea and Meditite began readying themselves at once. As both the small pokémon stood poised ready to attack, your companion Medeo began first. Standing perfectly still, the fighting type placed his hands together and, as he did so, a ring of a skyblue hue began to form around him, glinting in the halflight of the deserted themepark. With this, Medeo seemed to regain himself somewhat, looking even more ready for the cactus pokémon's next attack. Visibly annoyed by this act of replenishing itself, the Cacnea attempted its own similar attack, pointing both of its prickly arms in the direction of the Meditite before attempting to sap away at his health with an absorb attack. Successful, the wild pokémon regained a slither of its hitpoints, but a recovery nontheless. However, the wild pokémon's attack comes in vain as Medeo runs in, fists a'glowing, before he slams one down on the cactus pokémon's head. As he does so, more hitpoints are recovered due to the attacks effect, leaving the wild pokémon with even less hitpoints and Medeo looking rather healthy.

"Caaaac!" the small prickly pokémon cries, the more you heal and the more hitpoints they lose, the angrier they seem to get. Facing you and Medeo, the wild Cacnea begins to summon up leaves from nowhere, each one shining with a magical light. As the leaves completely form, the cactus pokémon uses its power to send them directly at Medeo, each one buffeting the fighting type, causing minimal damage but damaging the Meditite regardless. With this attack, Medeo sits upon the ground, crossing his legs and closing his eyes in a sort of meditation-like state, ready to detect the next attack. This technique works as the Cacnea attempts a Low Kick, completely missing as Medeo's concentration allows it to become fluid and avoid the onslaught all together. Landing where the Meditite was previously, Cacnea turns on its tiny feet to face you, malice in its usually happy eyes. It seems as if the pokémon has lost the majority of its hitpoints but the darkness passed down from its Cacturne parents seems to keep it battling in a devilish manner...




On a field dotted with abandoned game shacks, in the deserted theme park Miasma Heights, the trainer Ben Hale watched the events of battle unfold before his grey-green eyes. Ben’s diminutive companion, the Meditite Medeo, had begun this round by surrounding himself with an Aqua Ring seeking to replenish a bit of his lost health. Irritated, his opponent, an irate Cacnea, retaliated with an Absorb attack, siphoning away a sliver of Medeo’s reenergized vitality. Reacting to this devious maneuver, the tiny Meditite bolted straight at his rotund adversary. A faint emerald glow materialised around Medeo’s clenched right hand as he delivered a devastating Drain Punch to the Cactus Pokemon.

Just then the cranky Cacnea let out a frustrated “Caaaca!” and Ben noticed that the pudgy cactus no longer wore the same playfully mischievous expression it had worn during the early rounds of battle. Ben realized that the wild Cacnea was starting to lose its cool, and he hoped Medeo could take advantage of any mistakes their enemy made in anger. Suddenly, the plump Cacnea let fly with a botanic barrage, violently pounding Medeo with a flurry of Magical Leaves. However, the Yoga Pokemon merely shrugged off the insignificant damage and called upon his psychic training to help Detect Cacnea’s subsequent Low Kick attack. As the prickly little Pokemon landed unceremoniously on its back, Ben noticed that its now eyes blazed with pure hatred.

Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, Ben thought hard to come up with a strategy. He felt sincerely grateful that things had gone their way that round. It seemed to Ben that Medeo finally had an advantage, and after watching him get pummeled for two rounds, the teenage trainer wasn’t about to do anything reckless to lose it. “Brilliant work so far, mate,” he praised his little partner. “We’ve got Cacnea frustrated now! Keep your cool and hopefully we can finish it off here and get back to treasure hunting!” Medeo nodded his understanding and fixed his steely gaze on the malevolent cactus. Ben continued, issuing instructions, “When Cacnea attacks, PROTECT yourself, then hit it with an ICE PUNCH. If that doesn’t knock it out, try to DETECT what it’s going to do after that so you can dodge, and we’ll have to try to finish it next round!” The small Meditite nodded again. Despite the fact that Medeo looked rather healthy, Ben didn’t want to extend the battle any longer than necessary, he hoped that Medeo would be able to end it quickly…


__________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Pearl's Perap
30th March 2009, 11:55 PM
[Since I'm actually here and in the right frame of mind, an update :}]

Game shacks

-Hayward-
As the battle continues, you utter three commands for your battler, Medeo the Meditite and, as you do, he nods confidently before turning back to his opponent, a rather irate Cacnea. As both pokémon glare each other down, the injured cactus pokémon growling slightly, Medeo begins the battle. Throwing both arms into the air, the fighting type pokémon begins to form a turquoise veil of energy, covering itself with a protective barrier. Seeing this action, the Cacnea stays rooted to the spot, leering at its trained opponent. Knowing its attacks would be futile against the Meditite's protect attack, the wild cactus pokémon braced both of its arms for the next attack. With this, Medeo spies his chance, gathering a large clump of ice energy from the air, engulfing in it his fist before darting towards the opponent. As the fighting type pokémon's attack lands on the head of the cactus, it cries out in pain.

Returning to his original position, the Meditite looks on at its opponent, who cannot stand up. It appears as though the Cacnea can go on no longer and it lets out one final slightly intimidating growl before its eyes close. [Level up for Medeo the Meditite!] Noticing his opponent had completely fainted, the Meditite approached it, slowly but surely, before prodding it with one of his quick hands. It was in no shape to simply leave laying around, it would no doubt get attacked further by another wild pokémon or worse, completely eaten by a much larger pokémon. Medeo looks up to you, eyes wide, as if to ask whether or not the fainted pokémon would be joining you or not.

Tale
31st March 2009, 1:22 AM
[Reeeeally sorry about the lateness, been caught up in real life... and with Platinum :x Also, I would like to welcome both Tale and Silver Wind into the wonderful (if not a little spooooky) realm of Miasma Heights, so, welcome guys, hope you enjoy your time here :3]

Merry-Go-Round

Tale
Arriving at the closed down theme park, you explore somewhat before settling on your desired location, the bizarre yet comforting Merry-Go-Round. Clambering upon it and settling on a steed, a Ponyta with a blue fiery mane and tail, you wait for the right to set into motion. At first, it appears as if the carousel is not going to budge in anyway until, inquisitive as to whether their is anyone manning the ride, you attempt to get off of the steed. As you do this, a blinding flash of light appears before your head and slowly but surely, each Ponyta and Rapidash begin moving up and down, quickening up as they circle the centre, the area in which you are right now. Quickly, you leap back onto your chosen Ponyta, clinging to the ornate pole protruding from its back as the ride begins to get quicker and quicker. Concentrating on the Ponyta, you notice every so often, its blue flames seem to flicker slightly.

With each quickening circle, you feel like catching a breath is becoming harder and harder and your stomach feels like it is bouncing around your whole body within you. Eventually it appears as though the ride is staying at a steady speed and, as you close your eyes for a matter of seconds, a chorus of neighs and winnies fill your ears, the ride appeared to be coming to life indefinitely. Re-opening your eyes, you are hit with a strange sight. You still appear to be on the ride but the surroundings beyond the merry-go-round are much different. You appear to be in some sort of forested grove, much different to the location of Miasma Heights. As the ride pulls to a halt, the Ponyta and Rapidash cease their chorus, each one detaching from the poles they are suspended from and running into the clearing. With a neigh, the alternatively coloured Ponyta you are sitting on does precisely the same, leaping upwards before landing on the grass with you intact on its back. The rest of the possessed herd dash across the clearing and towards what appears to be a hedge maze and, turning its mechanical head, the fake horse you are still sitting on looks up at you, awaiting your decision...
Thanks very much, PP! I'm very glad to be here, incredibly excited by the prospects your updates seem to offer. I'm certain my enthusiasm will be sustained throughout - I hope my responses do the adventure justice.

Oscar, encountering naught but inactivity from the eerie carousel, glanced at the model upon which he clambered - a glabrous Ponyta. Initially deceived by its realism, a retrospective glance assured, chiefly through the gloss of its hide, its inorganic qualities. From it’s head and its rear, a blue flame was sculpted to resemble a Ponyta unlike the majority of those he’d previously seen. For a while, this irrelevant novelty proceeded to occupy his wayward deliberation until Oscar eventually recognised that the anticipated response of the ride had not at this point materialised. Bemused and even slightly deflated at the lack of activity, he curiously descended from his rigid steed and intended to commence in inquisitively exploring the carousel’s centre. However, almost as if his descent was a trigger, the movement he’d desired commenced about him.

Clutching his hat, Oscar leapt back atop his chosen, curiously-coloured model and fidgeted as the excitement which was previously assuaged by immobility swiftly reignited. He grasped the pole which pierced the Ponyta’s middle and glared in awe at the inexplicable light that encircled him, before a flicker akin to that of a flame snatched his gaze. He placed his second hand upon the sturdy pole as he ascertained the occasional flicker of the model Ponyta’s blue mane, awestruck at the occurrences that surrounded him. With a gleeful cheer, Oscar closed his eyes, immersed within the incomprehensible thrill of the enigmatic carousel, and he lifted his hat from his head, waving it as though he were a cowboy-emulating child once more. It was at that moment that the unmistakable whinnies of several horses filled the rushing air, and struck his heart like a sledge hammer.

His silver eyes snapped open, incurring further astonishment by the sights they distinguished. A forest too far from his shady recollection of Miasma Height’s established setting proved his seeming transition from one location to another. Little in the way of incidents could have satisfied him to a greater extent than such an unexplainable occurrence. As the ride, apparently having reached its destination, began to halt, the whinnies that filled the air faded.

Then, with some dazzling mysticism in which he currently revelled, the models leapt from their place aboard the carousel, landing firmly within the grove, and uninhibitedly dashing towards the entrance of what appeared to be a maze. As anticipated, his own model followed suit, with a leap that caused Oscar’s stomach to lurch and still outstretched arm to jerk as he frantically assured his wellbeing by clutching the horse’s neck. With a relatively painful landing, the mechanical Ponyta glanced up at him, almost expectantly. His ability to decipher an inkling of emotion from what should have been a lifeless model unnerved him momentarily, before his recollection of the bemusing events that had just occurred assuaged any further sense of peculiarity encircling his current situation.

Oscar eagerly patted the Ponyta’s neck. To cease before his adventure had begun was more ludicrous than any recent event, to cease before having probed the darkest depths of each unfurling mystery would have proved a crime to his very being. With his heart ablaze, he dug his heel into the Ponyta’s side,

“By all means, my mechanical steed, continue with all due haste! We cannot dawdle for your companions surely know the true path through this inexplicable maze we face. Let’s follow! Yah!”

Silver Wind
31st March 2009, 2:44 AM
The Funhouse

Silver Wind
Deciding on a desired location, the Funhouse, both you and your psychic companion, an Abra by the name of Pathos, slowly pad towards the building. As it came into your line of vision completely, you could see the building would have definitely been fun in its heyday, coloured lights sat dormant around its entrance and the colour of the building itself could only be described as the sort of colours you would see if a toddler ate a whole packet of crayola before spewing them all back up again in sequence. Arriving at the main entrance to the ride, you push past the turnstile and, behind you, the Abra uses its telekinetic abilities to do the same, pushing it extra hard as he passed so it would spin in an annoying manner. As you both reach the main doors, they swing into life, throwing both you and Pathos onto the asphalt. As the doors open, despite being on the floor with an acheing backside, you notice the inside is full of light and a cheery but rather unnerving little tune appears to be playing.

"Woah, weird..." The Abra looks towards you, confused by the sudden burst of life from within the fun house, which at first glances appeared to be completely derelict. Regardless of this, both you, The Diddler, and your companion Pathos stand up, brushing the dark dust from the back of your pants and setting foot inside the peculiar ride. Once you had stepped over the threshold, the lifeless doors swung shut with a loud bang, despite them being inanimate, they seemed to have a life of their own alright. "This place actually seems so cool..." Pathos uttered directly into your mind, a grin on his face. Before you was a corridor with an opening to both the right and the left. To the left, it appeared as if there was a ball pool, a whole room filled with small colourful spheres, perfect for children to get stuck within and suffocate. To the right, the room was filled with a series of roped nets, quite the test even for the most agile of people. "What'll be, Diddly dee?" the Abra spoke into your mind once more, pointing to both the right and left with a bony yellow claw..."[/color]
The Diddler looked at the ropes in the room to the left. He was shocked -- he had never seen a room like this before, so filled with ropes that look like they could choke a full grown mountain moose. Pathos didn't believe that Flippy had been right to choose the Fun House; but he also believed that he had the heart of a warrior. He would win or die trying. Impressed by the Diddler's demonstration of resolve, Pathos realized that now came the tough part: Choose the room with the ropes, or the room with the balls.

"Zoinks!" he bawled in his head. "Well now we have quite the predicament on our hands, and I don’t know what room looks.. Well we sure as hell can’t call it harmless! Either way.. I can’t make a decision, what you think P?" he asked his Abra.

"Let’s go for a swim in that pool of balls, Duddy! I’m sure they don’t look as evil as you think they do. Fear is only a piece of the clown’s nose, as they say… giggle… and I’m sure we couldn’t get into that much trouble ” Pathos said swiftly. Flippy looked a bit confused from the elaborated plan Pathos said but still nodded. Thoughts raced in Pathos' mind as he and the Diddler walked into the room.

Pathos jumped to the floor, and brought his claw up glowing with psychic energy, forcing thoughts into his head, "Look, remember this room, silly. Here is where we will meet up, almighty diddle-doo.. I got this explanation and came here to get some slumber. I'll go down there, sir, but only on one condition.." He whipped out payapa berry from thin air, and showed it to him. “I’m gonna snack on my yumyums as we….." He shook the berry, and it shook back, maybe his way of seeing if the berry is ripe.. "Wheeeeeeee~" He trotted off into the Ball Pit.

Pearl's Perap
2nd April 2009, 5:27 PM
The Merry Maze

Tale
Still firmly holding onto the back of the alternatively coloured Ponyta's metallic blue mane, a variety of bizarre sights pass your line of sight. The various horse pokémon running ahead appeared to be losing parts of their bodies. At first you think this is your imagination playing tricks on you, but when a whole Rapidash tail becomes detached and flies in your direction, you realize this situation has taken and even stranger turn than previously. Luckily for you, your steed happens to follow the rest of its 'herd' deep into the maze and, as the horse pokémon gallop maniacally, they reach a dead end. A sigh of relief as your steed comes to a halt, you get to see the other pokémon closer. Each one was missing vital limbs and other body parts and, where they were meant to be, a purple haze was seeping out.

"Pooo!" your steed whinnies, turning its mechanical head to look up at you. Despite it being anamatronic, you sense that there is definitely something wrong with the situation at hand. As this thought passes through your mind, the 'herd' turn their attention towards you, the majority of which bolt and run directly past you and the shiny Ponyta, returning the way they had come, back to the merry go round. However, it appeared as though one remained. It was the Rapidash whos tail had nearly knocked your head clean off. From the hole in the backside of the model, the odd haze seemed to be pouring out at an ever increasing speed. It wasn't long before the miasma-like substance had begun to take a shape. A large gaseous sphere formed from the rear end of the Rapidash, a weird sight in itself. "Enjoy the ride? You had better have done, you wont be experiencing that sort of thing again..." a deep and scratchy voice cackled from the smoke before a pokémon revealed itself. It was a Gastly, grinning in a rather sinister manner. "Beat me in a battle and I might just let you live..." the ghost pokémon began once more...

The Funhouse

Silver Wind
With a decision made and a offering in the form of a Payapa Berry, Pathos the Abra seemed ready to make his way into his and Flippy's chosen location, the ball pit. As the both of you enter the technicolor room with the large pool of rainbow spheres, the tiny yellow pokémon continues walking, wading into the leisure area without a second thought. For a few seconds, the psychic type pokémon scraped around near to the edge, as if he was looking for a clue to help the two of you get deeper into the bizarre fun house. As you watch, the Abra tosses balls high into the air behind him, searching further and further into the pool. After a few more moments pass, the yellow pokémon surfaces and begins to use his telepathic voice, [i]"What am I even looking for?" he chuckles before diving once more to resume his hunt.

As time passes, you stand on the sidelines hoping for some sort of progress. From where you are standing, it just seems like Pathos is enjoying himself, rather than helping you get further through the weird building. Eventually, he resurfaces amongst the spheres and leaps onto the edge next to you. "I've found what looks like two pressure pads, both have the symbol for the psychic type, a purple eye. My hunch says we need me and another psychic type to press down on them to gain some sort of progress?" With this, Pathos smiles up to you and, as he does, a bustling appears behind you, in the roped room. Dashing across, wanting to know what the commotion was, a small boy appears before you, "Mimey, let's try the other room, those ropes are confusing.." his tiny voice utters and, as he speaks, a Mime Jr. appears behind him, hopping along and dancing as it does so. "Ask him if he can help?" Pathos says, pointing towards the pool and the location of the two potential psychic type pressure pads...

Amras.MG
2nd April 2009, 5:47 PM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
By your command, Idrial begans to summon up all of her energy within her mind and hands before using it in the direction the four had just been previously. As she did so, the rocks began to collapse, more and more each second until the whole section of the tunnel had been completely engulfed in rubble, eliminating the chance of the Cacturne and Medicham from pursuing the two humans and their two pokémon companions. However, as she does this, rocks began collapsing from other parts of the ceiling, becoming a major threat to all of you, "Okay, this is not good, follow me..." Rochelle barked, motioning towards both you, the Gardevoir and Rensing to stick close by her. You look on as she dodges amongst the rubble and still falling rocks with great ease, she seems rather used to this sort of thing. Eventually, she comes to a stop, the cavern at peace once more.

"Phew, that wasn't good, we may have eliminated our threat now, but we almost ended up being eliminated ourselves..." she chuckled, despite the potential danger, she seemed to be able to shrug it off with great ease. Turning to you, she begins to talk once more, "I sincerely believe this Houndour is a wonderful pokémon..." As she spoke, she slowly lowered herself to the puppy's level, extending an arm to stroke the dark pokémon behind the ears, something which he appeared to enjoy, "...it's just, I can't deny the fact that the pokémon, despite its genial nature, seems to have something...there. Something beneath the surface..." She finished, her face looking rather awkward as Rensing seemed to become nervous at her words. "Everything should be fine though, as long as we stick together and have a plan for every possible situation that may arise in these catacombs." As she finished, it appeared as if Rensing had noticed the footprints from the previous time in the tunnel, tugging at your leg with his teeth and growling to himself...


Gardevoir's Psychic prowess shocks Amras as she rips down more wall than originally thought. The gang manages to jump past all of the falling stuff safely, and Amras breathily apologizes to Rochelle for not anticipating the instability of the Underbelly. Noting her ninjalike reflexes, and knowledge of the layout of the path, Amras' mind churns as he chuckles politely along with Rochelle, wondering who she was. Amras' nerves ease up a little as she pets Rensing, but soon come back in full swing as Rochelle says there is something beneath the surface. Nodding in agreement to Rochelle's suggestion to stick together, Amras kneels down by Rensing and offers a few feelings of encouragement before moving down the path with the footprints. Idrial glides next to Amras, conveying feelings of support and warmth, to which Amras smiles, ready for the rest of their adventure...

Pearl's Perap
2nd April 2009, 6:21 PM
[An update? But of course!]

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
In hot pursuit of the owner of the footprints in the dusty tunnel, you, Rochelle and your two pokémon companions stay completely silent for a while. The tunnel collapsing had certainly unnerved all four of you but at least the threat of the Medicham and Cacturne was long behind you, both pokémon being trapped after Idrial's psychic attack futher up the tunnel. After a while, the footprints began to become few and far between and, eager to help out, Rensing yaps at both you and Rochelle, one after the other. With your attention grabbed rather easily, the Houndour begins to sniff at one of the remaining footprints, before dashing forwards, looking for the next print.

"I know I should have said this earlier, but I presumed you might have already gathered. It is clear to me that these footprints belong to a male, judging by the gaps between them, a fit male that can either leap or stride quite a distance..." Rochelle broke the silence, murmuring in the halflight of the current tunnel. As you ponder this thought, you notice Rensing slink back to you, Rochelle and Idrial. When he arrives at your feet, he motions towards the footprints with a look of sadness, "Seems like Rensing believes he may just know who these prints belong to..." the woman gasped slightly as she spoke, kneeling at once to console the Houndour, "This is either a great development or quite a worry. What do you think?"

Amras.MG
2nd April 2009, 6:41 PM
[An update? But of course!]

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
In hot pursuit of the owner of the footprints in the dusty tunnel, you, Rochelle and your two pokémon companions stay completely silent for a while. The tunnel collapsing had certainly unnerved all four of you but at least the threat of the Medicham and Cacturne was long behind you, both pokémon being trapped after Idrial's psychic attack futher up the tunnel. After a while, the footprints began to become few and far between and, eager to help out, Rensing yaps at both you and Rochelle, one after the other. With your attention grabbed rather easily, the Houndour begins to sniff at one of the remaining footprints, before dashing forwards, looking for the next print.

"I know I should have said this earlier, but I presumed you might have already gathered. It is clear to me that these footprints belong to a male, judging by the gaps between them, a fit male that can either leap or stride quite a distance..." Rochelle broke the silence, murmuring in the halflight of the current tunnel. As you ponder this thought, you notice Rensing slink back to you, Rochelle and Idrial. When he arrives at your feet, he motions towards the footprints with a look of sadness, "Seems like Rensing believes he may just know who these prints belong to..." the woman gasped slightly as she spoke, kneeling at once to console the Houndour, "This is either a great development or quite a worry. What do you think?"

Rensing takes off ahead of the group, easily catching the prints. Amras notices that the footprints are far apart, and Rochelle's deciphering of the footprinter as a man makes complete sense. Rensing begins to move back slowly, dejected and sad. Amras' mind is still stuck on how Rochelle would know all this stuff about the tunnel and various survival things... and she was very agile, too. Is she a Pokemon Ranger? Man... running... Rensing's sad... Oh crap. Amras breaks off into a sprint, barely noticing as Rensing and Idrial follow him quickly, Idrial telepathically guiding Rochelle to follow. Amras' heart rate quickens and his stomach seizes up. I hope I'm not too late... The group had met an old lady with a missing son before.. a son that Amras now guessed had hatched Rensing. Recalling also his vow to help the lady find out what had happened to her son, Amras clutched the Strange Key in his pocket tighter...

Atrocia.

-Hayward-
4th April 2009, 7:31 PM
[Since I'm actually here and in the right frame of mind, an update :}]

Game shacks

-Hayward-
As the battle continues, you utter three commands for your battler, Medeo the Meditite and, as you do, he nods confidently before turning back to his opponent, a rather irate Cacnea. As both pokémon glare each other down, the injured cactus pokémon growling slightly, Medeo begins the battle. Throwing both arms into the air, the fighting type pokémon begins to form a turquoise veil of energy, covering itself with a protective barrier. Seeing this action, the Cacnea stays rooted to the spot, leering at its trained opponent. Knowing its attacks would be futile against the Meditite's protect attack, the wild cactus pokémon braced both of its arms for the next attack. With this, Medeo spies his chance, gathering a large clump of ice energy from the air, engulfing in it his fist before darting towards the opponent. As the fighting type pokémon's attack lands on the head of the cactus, it cries out in pain.

Returning to his original position, the Meditite looks on at its opponent, who cannot stand up. It appears as though the Cacnea can go on no longer and it lets out one final slightly intimidating growl before its eyes close. [Level up for Medeo the Meditite!] Noticing his opponent had completely fainted, the Meditite approached it, slowly but surely, before prodding it with one of his quick hands. It was in no shape to simply leave laying around, it would no doubt get attacked further by another wild pokémon or worse, completely eaten by a much larger pokémon. Medeo looks up to you, eyes wide, as if to ask whether or not the fainted pokémon would be joining you or not.



Medeo stooped over the prone form of the plump Cacnea and hesitantly prodded it, trying to determine whether or not it had been knocked out. As Ben quickly made his way toward the diminutive Meditite and fainted Cactus Pokemon in the center of the game-shack-dotted battlefield, Medeo turned to him with a questioning look on his tiny face. Seeing Medeo’s wide eyes, Ben abruptly stopped and dragged a hand through his short brown hair. He sensed that the Meditite was about to encourage him to pick up another pathetic partner. “You can’t be serious, mate!” Ben exclaimed, incredulous. Medeo merely shrugged in response, and Ben continued, “In case you’ve forgotten, that crazy Cacnea attacked us just for waking it up!” Waving his tiny arms in response, Medeo gestured animatedly to their surroundings.

Ben quickly surveyed the Game Shacks and deserted theme park with his grey-green eyes. He realized at once that the Meditite had a valid point. The wild Cacnea was in no shape to simply leave lying around. Ben knew that if left on its own in such a weakened state, it would most likely get attacked or eaten by a much larger Pokemon.

Ben had a bad feeling about taking the Cacnea with them, but he reluctantly nodded his head and sighed. “We came here to find something we could sell because we didn’t have enough money for food, remember?” He reminded Medeo. The small Meditite didn't deny it. He nodded his own onion-shaped head in agreement and Ben continued, “I don’t know if we really have room for this Cacnea, but you are right about one thing -- we can’t just leave lying it there like that. I guess it can come with us for now.”

Gently scooping up the injured Cacnea in his arms, Ben remarked, “There has to be some kind of First Aid Station somewhere in this old park. I’m sure it’ll have a healing machine or some revival medicine we can borrow. Let’s see what we can find.” Medeo nodded and Ben cautioned him, “Look sharp now, mate. There’s no telling what may have made its home here, or what we may run into. Reach out with your senses and try to DETECT (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml”) anything that might be hiding, just waiting to attack. Be ready to defend with PROTECT (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9568566&postcount=6”) if anything tries to ambush us.” Medeo nodded and the duo set off a trot, Ben carrying Cacnea piggyback style.

*for point of reference - the male Meditite Medeo is now level 14*
__________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Silver Wind
6th April 2009, 10:31 AM
The Funhouse

Silver Wind
With a decision made and a offering in the form of a Payapa Berry, Pathos the Abra seemed ready to make his way into his and Flippy's chosen location, the ball pit. As the both of you enter the technicolor room with the large pool of rainbow spheres, the tiny yellow pokémon continues walking, wading into the leisure area without a second thought. For a few seconds, the psychic type pokémon scraped around near to the edge, as if he was looking for a clue to help the two of you get deeper into the bizarre fun house. As you watch, the Abra tosses balls high into the air behind him, searching further and further into the pool. After a few more moments pass, the yellow pokémon surfaces and begins to use his telepathic voice, "What am I even looking for?" he chuckles before diving once more to resume his hunt.

As time passes, you stand on the sidelines hoping for some sort of progress. From where you are standing, it just seems like Pathos is enjoying himself, rather than helping you get further through the weird building. Eventually, he resurfaces amongst the spheres and leaps onto the edge next to you. "I've found what looks like two pressure pads, both have the symbol for the psychic type, a purple eye. My hunch says we need me and another psychic type to press down on them to gain some sort of progress?" With this, Pathos smiles up to you and, as he does, a bustling appears behind you, in the roped room. Dashing across, wanting to know what the commotion was, a small boy appears before you, "Mimey, let's try the other room, those ropes are confusing.." his tiny voice utters and, as he speaks, a Mime Jr. appears behind him, hopping along and dancing as it does so. "Ask him if he can help?" Pathos says, pointing towards the pool and the location of the two potential psychic type pressure pads...

Pathos Teleported on Flippy's shoulders, his toothless grin widely and cheerier than usual. Luck was on their side today, fortunately a young boy happened to stagger across their path just as Pathos exposed a clue to unlocking the secrets of the Fun House. "Way to go, P Diddy!" he says encouragingly. "This should unquestionably be worth our while, those panels look very curious.. Visualize what we might discover.." Pathos grin extended wider, and snickered as he leapt off his back.

For a second, the Diddler had been preoccupied by the brief praising he gave his pokémon and had forgotten all about the boy in the first place. Stepping out into the hallway with Pathos at his side, the Diddler made his toward the boy, swiftly and unspoken, not did want to make his presence acknowledged right away. The duo slunk desperately after the boy, but was simply trying to keep him in sight.

"Hmm, what have we here? A poor lost little boy, very much seeking what was once his again. Here, let me help you get even with this crook here." The Diddler mused. Pathos scrunched his face in bewilderment. What did he mean by 'once his'? But before he even got the opportunity to utter a syllable in response the Diddler pointed a finger at the boy. He tritely felt bad for the kid; maybe dealing with him as if he was retard would best get this on their way. He only needed him for his pokémon, god forbid this punk wanted follow him on his party pooping crusade. "Let's cut to the chase, pretty boy. I have something you want, and you have something I want. Come to the Ball Pit, and help me Abra open this clandestine thinger. Ask for hanker after." With that he wandered back into the room where they previously were.

Tale
8th April 2009, 7:54 PM
The Merry Maze

Tale
Still firmly holding onto the back of the alternatively coloured Ponyta's metallic blue mane, a variety of bizarre sights pass your line of sight. The various horse pokémon running ahead appeared to be losing parts of their bodies. At first you think this is your imagination playing tricks on you, but when a whole Rapidash tail becomes detached and flies in your direction, you realize this situation has taken and even stranger turn than previously. Luckily for you, your steed happens to follow the rest of its 'herd' deep into the maze and, as the horse pokémon gallop maniacally, they reach a dead end. A sigh of relief as your steed comes to a halt, you get to see the other pokémon closer. Each one was missing vital limbs and other body parts and, where they were meant to be, a purple haze was seeping out.

"Pooo!" your steed whinnies, turning its mechanical head to look up at you. Despite it being anamatronic, you sense that there is definitely something wrong with the situation at hand. As this thought passes through your mind, the 'herd' turn their attention towards you, the majority of which bolt and run directly past you and the shiny Ponyta, returning the way they had come, back to the merry go round. However, it appeared as though one remained. It was the Rapidash whos tail had nearly knocked your head clean off. From the hole in the backside of the model, the odd haze seemed to be pouring out at an ever increasing speed. It wasn't long before the miasma-like substance had begun to take a shape. A large gaseous sphere formed from the rear end of the Rapidash, a weird sight in itself. "Enjoy the ride? You had better have done, you wont be experiencing that sort of thing again..." a deep and scratchy voice cackled from the smoke before a pokémon revealed itself. It was a Gastly, grinning in a rather sinister manner. "Beat me in a battle and I might just let you live..." the ghost pokémon began once more...

With a rousing whinny, his steed obediently gathered its pace and proceeded with a gallop in tailing its mechanical counterparts. A vitalising wind rushed past his bearded face, and, adopting a posture to heighten aerodynamics, faced the leading herd and entrance to the maze with an anticipating grin. Accompanied by an illusory heroism that found him placed in a typically chimerical scenario, Oscar entered the maze atop his atypically-coloured pony with an irrepressible yell of glee.

Automatically, his mount tailed every motion of its mechanical herd, weaving through the maze with an unyielding pace. Oscar, gleefully contented by the means through which this maze was navigated, had begun to ease his grip upon the glossy blue mane of the carousel Ponyta. Almost within the same instant, he unnervingly registered the gradual decapitation of the herd ahead, following a stray appendage as it whizzed past the pounding hooves of his steed. His spirit flickered slightly at the hint of eeriness that had decided to reacquaint itself with his adventure and he cautiously scrutinised - to the best of his ability, considering the current velocity at which he travelled - the tight area that had him enclosed. Feeling once more the slight pang of retrospective distress at his habitual recklessness, the thrill that still coursed through his being substantially stifled any hint of regret. When a rock-hard tail soared precariously past his upturned head, Oscar’s attentiveness intensified for the better, and he re-established his aerodynamic stance.

Just a few moments later, and the unexpected had once more lunged into play as the seemingly purposeful herd slid to a halt at the encounter of a dead-end in the winding path. Now stationary, his approach accelerated until the dilapidated group of carousel models were fully-distinguishable in the shadowed light of the maze - and from their various, mismatched orifices, a purple miasmatic haze had begun to seep ominously. From this perception, Oscar drew the ever-familiar sense of foreboding that implied impending difficulties.

However, any presupposed assault was seemingly invalidated by the sudden reanimation of the emotionless herd, as they established a revisiting course for the entrance - almost as though their purpose, both genuine and accomplished, was to lure Oscar to this particular corner of the unfathomable maze. Now, he recognised, he was irrevocably lost.

Miffed and anxious at the Ponyta’s lack of pursuit, he could only survey as the various models sped past him, leaving but a single Rapidash imitation standing immobile before him. As the Ponyta on which he sat glanced up at him, Oscar noticed an menacing tweak in the atmosphere. While he’d already recognised the peculiarity of his current situation, there were still greater mysteries looming - one of which seemed to pour at an ever-increasing rate from the rear orifice of the Rapidash model, where its hazardous tail was once fastened.

“Possessed….” he glanced at his Ponyta, “Of course…”

Before the opportunity for a swift flight had presented itself, Oscar was confronted with the concealed occupant of the Rapidash shell, which materialised with a sinister voice.

"Enjoy the ride? You had better have done, you wont be experiencing that sort of thing again..."

As the gaseous ghost became distinguishable, an ill-omened Gastly seemingly intent on harming Oscar, Oscar dipped his hand into his coat pocket. ”Beat me in a battle and I might just let you live…” it was almost as though the spectre had anticipated Oscar’s response. Although, Oscar did not intend to face-off - at least, not within the strict limitations of this dead-end battlefield.

Having lost what faith he’d established in his temporary steed, Oscar dismounted. From the top pocket he withdrew the Pokeball that encased Friedrich, his stalwart Corphish, and he began to back away.

“If we are to battle, we shan’t do it statically. Approach me.” He let the ball fall from his grasp, and from it, Friedrich emerged, his solid pincers clipping threateningly at the air. Oscar began to pace backwards, running a hand along the maze wall to guide him. Once his touch met the first gap, he’d slip through it, continuing the bout with the ghost all the while, never averting his gaze. Now, it seemed, the maze required a manual navigation.

“Keep close to me, Friedrich, but do not sacrifice the motion of battle to do so. We’ll move through the maze as we battle. Now, commence with a Leer. Follow it with Ancientpower and let’s get moving through this maze.”

Pearl's Perap
17th April 2009, 3:04 AM
[u]The Underbelly

Amras.MG
As you, Rochelle and the pokémon companions pursue the bare human footprints further and further down the corridor at a quickening pace, the woman breaks the silence with one word, "Sorry." With this, you stop in your tracks, turning towards her, "I should explain why I'm down here..." With this, the woman paces over to a small boulder, sitting herself down with a sad look on her face. "You see, the reason I'm down here, well, I'm looking for...someone very close to me.." As the woman finishes, you notice a lone tear trickle down her face, dropping onto the cold cavern floor. With a breezing motion, Idrial glides across the cavern, kneeling slightly to place a soothing hand on the woman's shoulder.

"I know though, if I find this person, they aren't going to be the same person, I just...want to say goodbye properly.." Rochelle smiles at the Gardevoir at her side and the Houndour puppy who was now sat at her feet. It is safe to say that this woman will mean you no harm as you see both your loved pokémon, seemingly completely at ease in her presence. "Anyway, we are losing time, I'm surprised we haven't been assaulted thus far..." Standing up, the woman grabs your arm and the four of you begin down the tunnel once more. After a few minutes, you reach a round room. In the centre of the room is what seemed like a dining table fit for a king, with all the chairs still in place around it. As the four of you begin to explore the room. At the opposite side of the room is a wrought iron gate with a single keyhole in it. In one quick motion, Idrial uses her psychic powers to lift the odd key from your pocket. However, as she does, she instantly drops it and turns on her feet, a look of horror in her eyes. Little did you know, in the heights of the room was a chandelier and atop the chandelier was a rather sinister looking Honchkrow, ruffling her feathers and glaring down at you, "See, obstacles everywhere..." Rochelle utters as the huge crow drops from the rafters, landing on the dining table before you...

Miasma Heights [Between areas]

-Hayward-
With your initial Miasma Heights battle out of the way and a victory for Medeo, the psychic pokémon insists on you helping the injured Cacnea. Despite it attacking you first, the least you could do was get the pokémon medication of some sort. As you kneel to scoop the cactus pokémon in your arms and request that Meditite is ready to protect it at all costs, the two of you walk away from the shadowy game shacks, back the way you came. As you walk, Medeo notices something up ahead. It seems to be a map of the entire park and hotel and the two of you pace towards it quickly. Upon reaching it, the entire thing appears to have a layer of grime, not having being looked at for many a moon. Leaping upwards, the Meditite scrubs away at the muck, revealing the map of the park that once was.

"Med!" the psychic pokémon points at the map, denoting where the three of you were located at the moment. Scanning quickly, you notice that each ride has their own first aid facilities. Looking up at you, Medeo shakes his head rapidly and points at a different location, sliding his tiny finger along the path one of the rides takes and stopping at a picture of what looks to be a beautiful garden. It seems that the psychic pokémon believes the pokémon should be placed in an appropriate area, rather than taken to the first aid locations. The area in the park best suited to the wild Cacnea was the decorative gardens, but the only way of reaching them was to ride on the Mantina Mania ride and depart prematurely. In your arms, the cactus rustles, "Cac!" It becomes apparent that Medeo is not far wrong, the Cacnea wants to be taken to the Decorative Gardens rather than be healed at a first aid post. With Medeo making a decision, the pokémon makes a mental note of the location of Mantine Mania and begins to walk, expecting you to follow...

The Funhouse

Silver Wind
After engaging the young boy in brief conversation, you make your way back into the rool within which the large ball pit was located. Behind you, an audible shuffle lets you know the child has followed. "Excuse me mister, you're quite confusing, can you talk normally?" a small voice appears behind you, the boy not wanting to sound rude, stood with a cheery grin on his face. As he looks up to you, Pathos scans the child up and down with his mind, "Seems like he has a pokémon that can help us out" the Abra utters into your mind, so the child cannot hear him. With a quick flash, the psychic pokémon teleports to the boy's feet, poking his leg, "I require your Mime Jr's assistance, now"

With Pathos' quick request, the boy nods several times and, in a heartbeat, his Mime Jr is standing before you, spinning cheerfully on its tiny legs. Within moments, the tiny pokémon leaps into the ball pit, swimming amongst the rainbow spheres before a quick 'clunk' is heard from the depths, "Careful, Mimey!" the child cries out, unsure about the room. Quickly but quietly, Pathos leaps into the air, performs a quick nose dive and disappears beneath the balls. As a second 'clunk' is heard, the wall opposite the two boys, on the other side of the ball pit, began to open slowly. Balls began pouring into the newly uncovered corridor and Pathos surfaces before teleporting back to Flippy's shoulder. "There's something coming..." the Abra utters quickly to you and the boy and, surely enough, a shadow forms in the new doorway. As the pokémon's form became apparent, the child gasped, "The dread pokémon, Absol!" He was correct, the sinister canine now stood before you, Pathos and the child.

"MIMEY!" the small boy cried and, as he did, the Absol lunged into the balls, grabbing at the tiny Mime Jr with its poweful jaws, resurfacing with the poor pokémon in its mouth. Its eyes glinting, it remains where it stands, the tiny psychic monster squirming around in its mouth, "Do something, please?" the young boy turns to you, his eyes filling with tears...

The Merry Maze

Tale
With the Ponyta's way of motion completely revealed and a horrid foe in the form of Ghastly hovering in the air before you, you are quick to decide on a plan and release Friedrich, your Corphish companion. Not planning on direct assault, you utter your orders to the crustacean and quickly begin to move in the direction the haunted steed had brought you. Behind you, the crab engaged in a quick burst of combat with the Ghastly, standing in one spot with a horrific glare on his tiny face. Despite its terrifying demeanor, the ghost pokémon stays where it is, a look of fear in its eyes at Friedrich's Leer. "Hah, it'll take more than that..." the ghosts face changes in an instant, obviously faking its fear of the Corphish. In an instant, the Ghastly swoops at Friedrich, battering him with its large round head.

As you continue onwards down the hedged passage, you stop to look back and see how your crustacean is getting on. As you do, the Corphish summons up a large sphere of white energy, using both pincirs to send it in the direction of the Ghastly. As the attack buffets the ghost, Friedrich sees his time to escape, scuttling quickly until he reaches your feet. With the Corphish back with you, the ghost begins a hot pursuit, recovering from the power of the ancient attack as best it can. In an instant, the crab grabs at the cuff of your trousers, pulling you further down the passage. As the two of you run in hopes of finding your way out of the maze, the Ghastly catches up. This time, however, the pokémon does not attack, but merely pursues you. Eventually you reach a fork in the road, "Left or right, life or death, light or dark..." The ghost behind you begins muttering, awaiting your decision...

Amras.MG
17th April 2009, 4:24 AM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
As you, Rochelle and the pokémon companions pursue the bare human footprints further and further down the corridor at a quickening pace, the woman breaks the silence with one word, "Sorry." With this, you stop in your tracks, turning towards her, "I should explain why I'm down here..." With this, the woman paces over to a small boulder, sitting herself down with a sad look on her face. "You see, the reason I'm down here, well, I'm looking for...someone very close to me.." As the woman finishes, you notice a lone tear trickle down her face, dropping onto the cold cavern floor. With a breezing motion, Idrial glides across the cavern, kneeling slightly to place a soothing hand on the woman's shoulder.

"I know though, if I find this person, they aren't going to be the same person, I just...want to say goodbye properly.." Rochelle smiles at the Gardevoir at her side and the Houndour puppy who was now sat at her feet. It is safe to say that this woman will mean you no harm as you see both your loved pokémon, seemingly completely at ease in her presence. "Anyway, we are losing time, I'm surprised we haven't been assaulted thus far..." Standing up, the woman grabs your arm and the four of you begin down the tunnel once more. After a few minutes, you reach a round room. In the centre of the room is what seemed like a dining table fit for a king, with all the chairs still in place around it. As the four of you begin to explore the room. At the opposite side of the room is a wrought iron gate with a single keyhole in it. In one quick motion, Idrial uses her psychic powers to lift the odd key from your pocket. However, as she does, she instantly drops it and turns on her feet, a look of horror in her eyes. Little did you know, in the heights of the room was a chandelier and atop the chandelier was a rather sinister looking Honchkrow, ruffling her feathers and glaring down at you, "See, obstacles everywhere..." Rochelle utters as the huge crow drops from the rafters, landing on the dining table before you...

Rochelle stops Amras and his Pokemon, pulling them out of their brisk run in order to get something off her chest. Amras kneels next to her, eyes casting about warily, and lays a comforting hand on the shoulder opposite Gardevoir's, feeling the woman's pain radiating outwards. Heart feeling slightly ripped by the woman's loss, Amras is gripped by his own experience of losing someone you care about deeply, having seen his parents impales by spikes before his very eyes. Despite the attack occuring half a million years ago, a cold stab of pain ripped through his heart every time the memory surfaced again. Amras reaches down and wipes the single tear from her face, aware now that she is not threatening at all. However, the moment can't last long, and the group began to move on, coming upon a kingly cavern; a disturbing setting considering the underground nature of the environment. Amras and Idrial lock eyes on the keyhole across the way, but are stopped from moving past the room by a giant Honchkrow. Sensing Idrial's fear through the telekinetic and emotional bond the two shared, Amras pulled out Idrial's Psychic Ball, and recalled her, thanking her for all of her help.

"Rensing, I believe in you. We can do this. However, if you need help, I will not hesitate to call out another of your teammates. Start off with trapping it with a Fire Spin, the fire a Dark Pulse into the mix!"

Pearl's Perap
17th April 2009, 4:40 AM
The Underbelly

AmrasMG

With a quick recall of Idrial into her psychic ball, you and Rensing get ready to take on the humongous foe, a Honchkrow standing on the large dining table before you. As you utter a round of attacks to the puppy Houndour, Rochelle grabs your arm, "This is crazy, whether this Houndour has a powerful aura about him or not, that crow looks pretty fearsome." Rensing, however, ignores the woman talking to you and sets about beginning the battle.

As the puppy leaps forwards, he begins to spew a hurricane of flaming energy towards the Honchkrow perched atop the table. When the fire begins to engulf the intimidating bird, it too creates a hurricanesque attack in the form of whirlwind. As the funnel of air tears around the circular room, Rensing fires a pulse of darkness through it, hitting the crow directly on its underside. Visibly angered by this attack and slightly damaged, the Honckrow jumps up off of the tabletop, flapping its huge wingspan before swooping down at Rensing, attacking him with a powerful wing attack.

"Two moves not in an ordinary Honckrow's learnset, be careful..." Rochelle added as the fire spin damaged the crow slightly, causing it to seize up in an angry manner...

Tale
17th April 2009, 7:46 PM
[u]The Merry Maze

Tale
With the Ponyta's way of motion completely revealed and a horrid foe in the form of Ghastly hovering in the air before you, you are quick to decide on a plan and release Friedrich, your Corphish companion. Not planning on direct assault, you utter your orders to the crustacean and quickly begin to move in the direction the haunted steed had brought you. Behind you, the crab engaged in a quick burst of combat with the Ghastly, standing in one spot with a horrific glare on his tiny face. Despite its terrifying demeanor, the ghost pokémon stays where it is, a look of fear in its eyes at Friedrich's Leer. "Hah, it'll take more than that..." the ghosts face changes in an instant, obviously faking its fear of the Corphish. In an instant, the Ghastly swoops at Friedrich, battering him with its large round head.

As you continue onwards down the hedged passage, you stop to look back and see how your crustacean is getting on. As you do, the Corphish summons up a large sphere of white energy, using both pincirs to send it in the direction of the Ghastly. As the attack buffets the ghost, Friedrich sees his time to escape, scuttling quickly until he reaches your feet. With the Corphish back with you, the ghost begins a hot pursuit, recovering from the power of the ancient attack as best it can. In an instant, the crab grabs at the cuff of your trousers, pulling you further down the passage. As the two of you run in hopes of finding your way out of the maze, the Ghastly catches up. This time, however, the pokémon does not attack, but merely pursues you. Eventually you reach a fork in the road, "Left or right, life or death, light or dark..." The ghost behind you begins muttering, awaiting your decision...

Unfortunately, it seemed, despite his confident self-assessment, Friedrich’s attempt at intimidation fell short of its effect on the foreboding ghost. Oscar, having peered back to view the outcome, noticed Gastly’s faux fear before he retaliated with a strike that caused the hardy Corphish to stagger. He returned to his navigation, his confidence in Friedrich abounding. When he glanced back again, Friedrich’s Ancientpower struck the Gastly with substantial success, prompting enough time for his companion to scuttle to his feet, eagerly tugging at his trainer’s hem in order to provoke greater haste.

Oscar, enthused by Friedrich’s agility, indulged his companion’s hastiness and continued without another glance at the now looming Gastly, whose pursuit, devoid of harmful intent, imposed on them an imminent doom awaiting the smallest of mistakes to condemn them. Ardently anticipating the depths of the ominous maze, Oscar approached an expected division in his path.

”Left or right, life or death, light or dark…” the Gastly muttered to the two of them, awaiting his decision as to which path to take. Oscar, settling on a decision, turned to the malevolent spectre as Friedrich valiantly hopped ahead of him, his pincers snapping violently at the Gastly.

“I’ll pick the dark at any given opportunity. You are mistaken if you believe we intend to go anywhere but deeper into this maze…right it is, Friedrich. But first release a an Ice Beam, then a Firestream. Should fortune allow it, we will rid our progression from this fiend’s influence. Keep pushing onwards, Friedrich, I know you can do it.” With his orders in place, he took the right path.

-Hayward-
18th April 2009, 5:18 AM
es are a heeeere! I'm beginning to fall behind so much, I hate it :x]

[u]Miasma Heights [Between areas]

-Hayward-
With your initial Miasma Heights battle out of the way and a victory for Medeo, the psychic pokémon insists on you helping the injured Cacnea. Despite it attacking you first, the least you could do was get the pokémon medication of some sort. As you kneel to scoop the cactus pokémon in your arms and request that Meditite is ready to protect it at all costs, the two of you walk away from the shadowy game shacks, back the way you came. As you walk, Medeo notices something up ahead. It seems to be a map of the entire park and hotel and the two of you pace towards it quickly. Upon reaching it, the entire thing appears to have a layer of grime, not having being looked at for many a moon. Leaping upwards, the Meditite scrubs away at the muck, revealing the map of the park that once was.

"Med!" the psychic pokémon points at the map, denoting where the three of you were located at the moment. Scanning quickly, you notice that each ride has their own first aid facilities. Looking up at you, Medeo shakes his head rapidly and points at a different location, sliding his tiny finger along the path one of the rides takes and stopping at a picture of what looks to be a beautiful garden. It seems that the psychic pokémon believes the pokémon should be placed in an appropriate area, rather than taken to the first aid locations. The area in the park best suited to the wild Cacnea was the decorative gardens, but the only way of reaching them was to ride on the Mantina Mania ride and depart prematurely. In your arms, the cactus rustles, "Cac!" It becomes apparent that Medeo is not far wrong, the Cacnea wants to be taken to the Decorative Gardens rather than be healed at a first aid post. With Medeo making a decision, the pokémon makes a mental note of the location of Mantine Mania and begins to walk, expecting you to follow...
[/size]



Carrying the wounded Cacnea piggyback-style, Ben made his way back towards Miasma Heights’ uninviting entrance. Medeo maintained a few metre lead, on the lookout for any signs of danger or wild Pokemon hiding in the deserted theme park. The pair walked on in uneventful silence for a few moments, and Ben was beginning to once again think that maybe they really were the only living souls in the park after all, when suddenly Medeo spied a detailed map board a little ways off and ran to investigate. Medeo was hard at work scraping off the age-old muck, dust, and grime when Ben jogged up slowly, still transporting the rotund Cactus Pokemon on his back.

”Medi! Medeo shouted eagerly, and pointed excitedly at the map. Ben saw where the Yoga Pokemon’s tiny finger was pointing and realized that Medeo had succeeded in locating their current position. Though faded, the map was a good one, providing a comprehensive catalog of every ride, food stall, game stand, prize tent, and lavatory in the park. As he continued to scan the warped, discolored paper with his grey-green eyes, Ben noted that each attraction had its own first-aid facility. This is exactly what he had wanted to know. He nodded his appreciation to his diminutive companion, “Thanks, mate. Nice work. Now we’ll be able to get this Cacnea some treatment.”

Medeo wasn’t interested in the medical booths, however. Regarding Ben with a meaningful expression, he shook his onion-shaped head rapidly from side-to-side. Ben watched as the little Meditite traced over the route of the Mantine Mania, making an abrupt stop a portion of the way through the ride, then veering slightly off course towards a nearby open meadow. It was clear to Ben that Medeo didn’t want to see the Cacnea taken to a first-aid stand. Medeo felt the Cactus Pokemon would be more at home in the picturesque garden. At that moment, the injured Cacnea let out a faint cry of “Cac!”, and Ben understood that the Cactus Pokemon had understood Medeo’s suggestion, and consented. Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, Ben considered their next course of action, while Medeo impatiently tapped his foot. It was obvious what he wanted to do.

They could ride the Mantine Mania until they passed close by the Decorative Gardens Ben realized, but they would have exit before the ride reached the end. Then they would have to trek the remainder of the way to the grassy land on foot. It didn’t seem like it would be too difficult. Ben was just about to agree, when Medeo, fed up with waiting, set off towards the Decorative Gardens, having made up his mind and memorized the route. Sighing, Ben jogged after his impulsive friend.

When Ben finally caught up to Medeo, he was a bit winded from lugging the wild Cacnea around. “You sure. About this. Mate?” He asked the Meditite between panting breaths. Medeo simply nodded and led on. “Alright then. I’ll trust. You.” Ben conceded, then quickly warned, “But like. Last time. Be ready. For anything.”

As they raced on towards Mantine Mania, Ben gasped out precautionary instructions to his small partner. “Use your FORESIGHT (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml”). And DETECT (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml”). Any movement. That might. Try to. Harm us.”

_____________________________________
fb (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1”)

Demon Skittle
21st April 2009, 3:09 AM
[Reeeeally sorry about the lateness, been caught up in real life... and with Platinum :x Also, I would like to welcome both Tale and Silver Wind into the wonderful (if not a little spooooky) realm of Miasma Heights, so, welcome guys, hope you enjoy your time here :3]

The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
As you crawl further and further into the cramped up and incredibly dusty ventilation system, hacking and coughing away as you do so, Prestige seems to freeze onto the spot. Despite his laidback approach at first, trotting from the entrance, completely ignoring the fact you were struggling amongst the dust and in the cramped environment, he appeared to be unnerved now. As you reach him in the creaking metal vent, he places a singular claw on your mouth, motioning towards you to keep quiet. It became apparent that, just up ahead, there was a perfectly square hole. Your heart skips several beats, imagine if neither of you had noticed that, one or both could be goners by now. A few seconds pass and Prestige, who appears to be in a sleeping state, speaks into your mind, "I can sense movement down that hole, it doesn't seem hostile..." With this, the Abra crawls forwards, peering down into the murky darkness of the hole.

A clawed thumb appears before your face before Prestige turns around, a slight grin on his emotionless face, "I can see a round yellow light and hear breathing, I think Ana might be down there..." His voice seemed a lot more at ease now, with a slight chuckle in it. With Prestige returning to looking down the hole, your breathing begins to go off again, the thick dust all over your hands, your clothes, everywhere, is doing no good for your respiratory system and, through no fault of your own, you begin coughing maniacally. With a hiss, the Abra turns, attempting to cover your mouth, but it is no good, your coughing fit continues. Suddenly, through your trauma, you hear a scuffling noise within the hole up ahead, quickly followed by a loud bah'ing noise, it had to be Ana the Flaaffy, only she had such a bizarre way of making herself known. From beneath the vent came several thuds, whatever was in the room with the Flaaffy appeared to have gathered your presence within the ventilation system and a head materialized before Prestige, "Oi, you, what you doing in me vents?!" said the head, which appeared to either be floating without a body or attached to an older male, "C'mon, explain yourself, girly!"Prestige trotted along ahead of Alina to light and lead the way, also kicking up a cloud of dust with every step, thus adding to the trainer's misery. Tight places were definately not a good place to be, since there is no way you can quickly turn around and escape if something horrific were to happen, but Alina pressed onward, feeling a sense of responsibility for her Flaaffy. However, this didn't stop her from making complaints which echoed through the vents, and probably woke up god knows what, and drew attention to the two idiots in the vent shafts. Coughing and hacking along the way, she complained rather vocally of the cold steel of the vents making her hands sore, and of the suffocating dust that choked her, until she finally bummed into the back of her Abra. Prestige turned around to glare and place a claw on her lips as Alina noted a square hole up ahead. Her eyes grew wide as Prestige said rather sleepily, "I can sense movement down that hole, it doesn't seem hostile..."

At that moment Alina nearly lunged for the hole, desperate to escape this horribly cramped vent and to breath fresh air for the first time in what felt like a lifetime... or 15 minutes. Prestige pointed towards the hole and stated "I can see a round yellow light and hear breathing, I think Ana might be down there..." As Prestige glanced down the hole again, Alina tried to hold back a fit of coughing that was coming on, which was difficult considering the amount of dust in the air. Prestige jumped as his trainer began to choke and cough on the dust. He desperately tried to cover her mouth, or strangle her, or anything to shut her up, but his efforts were in vain. If Alina's loud complaining wasn't enough to get the attention of whatever stole her Flaaffy, surely this would be. Alina could hear a cry from her Flaaffy and several thuds, but there was nothing she could do as her eyes watered and Prestige tried to silence her. Suddenly, a head materialized before Prestige, crying out "Oi, you, what you doing in me vents?!" The trainer jumped slightly at the sudden apparition, but Prestige merely scratched his chin as he examined the head, saying, "Alina, you seem to attract floating-head-things quite often."

"Wha..?" Alina said, sniffing and rubbing her eyes. She wasn't quite sure what he was talking about...

"Well you know, there was that disembodied-head-Spinda back in that... one place, you know. And then there's one right before us right now.

"Oh, that's true... do you think there's some sort of charm or something to repel these kinds of things?"

As Alina and Prestige continued pondering and discussing on how they could repel these kinds of spirits, the head, which was growing rather annoyed, said, "C'mon, explain yourself, girly!"

"How rude! Disrupting our conversation of floating heads and such," Prestige exclaimed, as Alina continued sniffing and rubbing her nose. After giving one menacing sneeze, she said, "I've crawled through caves, climbed a tower of chairs, and crawled through vents and I'm really damn sick of this chase. Give me back my Flaaffy, and we'll leave you be, or I'll... do something bad!"

Pearl's Perap
23rd April 2009, 12:35 AM
The Merry Maze

Tale
Having made a decision and chosen to follow the right path, whilst at the same time issuing two more attacks for Friedrich, the plucky Corphish, you begin to move and leave the crustacean to hold his own. Turning around, you see the crab pokémon opening a claw, within which a sphere of freezing cold energy was gathering before he fires a bar of ice at the spectre. Recoiling in pain, the Ghastly hits the hedge and disappears to the other side in an instant. Not wanting to leave without making sure the ghost type pokémon had recieved the maximum damage, the Corphish opens the other claw, this time the crab begins to spew a flurry of magma bubbles at the hedge, from within which you hear the Ghastly cry out in pain once again. Having pulled off both attacks and not having the odd ghost on your tail anymore, the two of you continue deeper into the maze to the right. After wandering about for a while, you come into a square shape within the hedges. In the centre of the quadrangle is a rather ornate looking fountain. Upon closer inspection you notice that the 'water' within it is not water at all but more of a silvery smoke-like matter, swirling in a clockwise motion. Friedrich leaps onto the rim of the odd fountain for a closer look himself and the peculiar matter begins to swirl in a more violent manner. It isn't long before you believe you can see a small figure forming amongst the smoke and your Corphish companion edges closer to you, obviously slighlty unnerved by the whole thing. "Leave this place..now..." a dismebodied voice comes from deep within the smoke and a mangled arm appears, attempting to grasp at you and Friedrich. As the two of you step back, you bump into a sphere. Spinning on the spot, you look up to see Ghastly has made a return, looking rather battered from the attacks. However, this time, the evil looking pokémon has brought back up in the form of an unusually dark looking Misdreavus.

What will you do?

Mantine Mania

-Hayward-
With the two of you and the fainted Cacnea pressing onwards toward the aquatic ride at a heightening pace, you begin to lose your breath as you utter the same protective commands to Medeo the Meditite. Eventually, after several minutes of traversing across the eerie, abandoned theme park, you arrive at a tall blue gate emblazoned with big cartoonesque writing which read 'Mantine Mania'. It wasn't long before your psychic companion pulled you away from admiring the regal blue archway. As you follow close behind, you find yourself walking up a set of steps to a large platform. Alongside the platform is the beginning of the ride, several Mantine-shaped boats sit bobbing in the water channel next to the ride platform. "Med!" Medeo cries out cheerily before hopping into the one closest to the entrance. As you follow once more, clambering into the Mantine in a haphazard manner and placing the cactus pokémon alongside you on the cushioned seat, it suddenly jerks into life on its own, a water gate opens and the cheerful water ride begins. To begin with, the ride seems rather tranquil as you pass through the back of Miasma Heights, passing several of the other closed attractions, the moon lighting up the whole area. In the distance, you can make out what looks to be a small wood made up of a variety of different trees, some of which look rather bare. However, as you notice Cacnea's desired location, the ride makes a peculiar grinding sound and lurches to a stop in the middle of an open pond section of the ride. Suddenly, in front of the boat, the water begins to ripple violently and a large shape appears. As you and the Meditite squint, you see an oversized Slowpoke surface which gives you a wide and quite clueless looking grin...

What will you do?

The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
Having debated over the matter of floating heads appearing before you on numerous occasions, the man was quick to try and make you explain yourself. As you demand for the return of Ana the slightly dim Flaaffy, the man's gnarled face turned into a sinister grin. In a matter of moments, a bizarre gale began to blow right within the vent and the man's head disappeared once more. As you and Prestige both brace yourself, the power of the wind heightening with every second, you simply cannot hold on and end up getting sucked into the hole in the vent, landing in the very room the Abra had sensed the presence of your stolen Flaaffy within. Landing in a heap with Prestige sitting atop you unscathed, you begin to squint around and notice an old cage in the corner. Within the cage is a rather confused and disgruntled looking Flaaffy, quite obviously Ana. "You want this dumb thing back? You're gonna have to battle me..." the odd man emerged from the shadows, a large Murkrow perched upon his shoulder, "Good work, 'krow, those winds have brought us some more trinkets..." He eyed you keenly before turning his attention to the Abra, the weird grin forming on his face once more. [i]"Alina, I think he wants to take me instead of Ana. I know I'm amazing but seriously, he has a screw loose. Let's wipe the floor with him and get out of these tunnels..." As Prestige speaks, the man's gaze returns to you, realizing the pokémon is obviously communing with you telepathically because of your changing expressions, "So, plotting are we? Fair enough, two can play at that game..." The man's hand slid behind him, producing a purple pokéball, the rare sort of pokéball designed for specific types. In an instant and a flash of red, another Abra stands Prestige. However, unlike your own Abra, this one seems to be eminating a feeling of darkness. It appears to be one of the fabled shadow pokémon from deep within the bowels of the Twilight Realm.

What will you do?

Demon Skittle
23rd April 2009, 4:20 AM
The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
Having debated over the matter of floating heads appearing before you on numerous occasions, the man was quick to try and make you explain yourself. As you demand for the return of Ana the slightly dim Flaaffy, the man's gnarled face turned into a sinister grin. In a matter of moments, a bizarre gale began to blow right within the vent and the man's head disappeared once more. As you and Prestige both brace yourself, the power of the wind heightening with every second, you simply cannot hold on and end up getting sucked into the hole in the vent, landing in the very room the Abra had sensed the presence of your stolen Flaaffy within. Landing in a heap with Prestige sitting atop you unscathed, you begin to squint around and notice an old cage in the corner. Within the cage is a rather confused and disgruntled looking Flaaffy, quite obviously Ana. "You want this dumb thing back? You're gonna have to battle me..." the odd man emerged from the shadows, a large Murkrow perched upon his shoulder, "Good work, 'krow, those winds have brought us some more trinkets..." He eyed you keenly before turning his attention to the Abra, the weird grin forming on his face once more. "Alina, I think he wants to take me instead of Ana. I know I'm amazing but seriously, he has a screw loose. Let's wipe the floor with him and get out of these tunnels..." As Prestige speaks, the man's gaze returns to you, realizing the pokémon is obviously communing with you telepathically because of your changing expressions, "So, plotting are we? Fair enough, two can play at that game..." The man's hand slid behind him, producing a purple pokéball, the rare sort of pokéball designed for specific types. In an instant and a flash of red, another Abra stands Prestige. However, unlike your own Abra, this one seems to be eminating a feeling of darkness. It appears to be one of the fabled shadow pokémon from deep within the bowels of the Twilight Realm.

What will you do?Falling through the hole, Alina landed on the ground with a thud. Prestige landed lightly on her back and bounced onto the ground, completely unscathed. As Alina moaned from the pain throughout her body, especially in her back, Prestige brushed off the last of the dust and said coldly, "Get up, you look ridiculous."

Alina forced herself up and gave her Abra a nasty glare before noticing a cage in the corner of the room with her terrified Flaaffy. Before she could run over to her Pokemon, however, a voice said, ""You want this dumb thing back? You're gonna have to battle me..."

The head from before emerged from the shadows, showing Alina that he wasn't a floating head at all, much to her relief, but was still fairly sinister looking. A large Murkrow was perched upon his shoulder, adding to his already sinister looks. Eying Prestige, the man said, "Good work, 'krow, those winds have brought us some more trinkets..."

"YOU ******* FOR A BIRD!" Alina cried and pointed angrily and the Murkrow, her back still aching from the rough landing. Prestige pulled at her sock, mumbling, "Alina, I think he wants to take me instead of Ana. I know I'm amazing but seriously, he has a screw loose. Let's wipe the floor with him and get out of these tunnels..."

"Why you? Ana's stronger anyway," Alina scoffed, just wanting to get her Flaaffy and leave. She wasn't in the mood for battling. However, she wasn't willing to lose either of her Pokemon to this dude. The man gazed at Alina, thoroughly creeping her out, and he seemed to smile slightly, saying "So, plotting are we? Fair enough, two can play at that game..."

As the man pulled out a unique kind of pokeball, Alina couldn't help but feel that it was somehow familiar, as if she had seen this type of ball somewhere before. It seemed like a ghost ball, only more foreboding. In a flash of red light appeared a duplicate of Prestige, except more furious and darker than her own Abra. It finally dawned on Alina that this particular Abra was a Shadow Pokemon, and that this would be no easy fight at all.

[OOC: TRANSFOOOOORM]

"Ew, what an emo!" Prestige said, completely disgusted at the sight of his opponent. Alina shook her head. If there was anything Prestige could do to infuriate the shadow Pokemon even more, he would do it.

"Aw, don't provoke it," Alina whined, a feeling of dread emanating from the Shadow Abra. "It's probably stronger than you, so be careful, at least--"

"I'm insulted!" exclaimed Prestige, proceeding to stick his tongue out at his opponent to provoke it even more. "I'm taller anyway."

Alina rolled her eyes and murmured, "By only one inch..."

At that moment a blinding light filled the room, preventing Alina from seeing what was happening and causing her to go into a panic. For a moment she thought the opponent exploded or something, until the light eventually subsided. As she blinked for her eyes to adjust back to the darkness, she could make out the form of Prestige... only a lot bigger. Holy ****, he did explo--

"You mean "only by more than a foot," right?"

Alina blinked and strained her eyes until she could see somewhat clearly, and low and behold, instead of her precious Abra stood a Kadabra, completely fascinated by the new spoon he was grasping in his hands. His trainer stared in disbelief as Prestige ecstatically informed her of his new spoon and wicked mustache until she forced him around, said a short congratulations, and ordered "Okay, let's get this over with. Set up a Light Screen, and give it a Thunder Wave and a Shadow Ball."

Silver Wind
23rd April 2009, 10:00 AM
[u]The Funhouse

Silver Wind
After engaging the young boy in brief conversation, you make your way back into the rool within which the large ball pit was located. Behind you, an audible shuffle lets you know the child has followed. "Excuse me mister, you're quite confusing, can you talk normally?" a small voice appears behind you, the boy not wanting to sound rude, stood with a cheery grin on his face. As he looks up to you, Pathos scans the child up and down with his mind, "Seems like he has a pokémon that can help us out" the Abra utters into your mind, so the child cannot hear him. With a quick flash, the psychic pokémon teleports to the boy's feet, poking his leg, "I require your Mime Jr's assistance, now"

With Pathos' quick request, the boy nods several times and, in a heartbeat, his Mime Jr is standing before you, spinning cheerfully on its tiny legs. Within moments, the tiny pokémon leaps into the ball pit, swimming amongst the rainbow spheres before a quick 'clunk' is heard from the depths, "Careful, Mimey!" the child cries out, unsure about the room. Quickly but quietly, Pathos leaps into the air, performs a quick nose dive and disappears beneath the balls. As a second 'clunk' is heard, the wall opposite the two boys, on the other side of the ball pit, began to open slowly. Balls began pouring into the newly uncovered corridor and Pathos surfaces before teleporting back to Flippy's shoulder. "There's something coming..." the Abra utters quickly to you and the boy and, surely enough, a shadow forms in the new doorway. As the pokémon's form became apparent, the child gasped, "The dread pokémon, Absol!" He was correct, the sinister canine now stood before you, Pathos and the child.

"MIMEY!" the small boy cried and, as he did, the Absol lunged into the balls, grabbing at the tiny Mime Jr with its poweful jaws, resurfacing with the poor pokémon in its mouth. Its eyes glinting, it remains where it stands, the tiny psychic monster squirming around in its mouth, "Do something, please?" the young boy turns to you, his eyes filling with tears...Just as Absol snatched the boys Mime Jr up in his jaw, the diddler quickly turned heel and wandered off into the hallway, ".. What do you mean I have to go back to Seaside, mother?..." muttering along as Pathos was left to deal with the boy. The diddler had never really been big on the whole heroism deal, but his Abra thought otherwise, before he could find his way out the door Pathos TELEPORTed in front of Flippy sending him flying back tumbling on the ball room floor with his psychic abilities. The sly fox let out a mischievous cackle before plopping himself back in to join the group.

"Seriously Pathos? Whats the deal!" he snapped at his pokémon, a few tears trickled down his whale soft cheeks as he resumed rubbing his now bruised bottom
... pant... pant....pant.... Before he could brush off the dust that ha d collected when he skid across the floor, he felt Pathos yet again throwing his body through the air, bending him like G.I Joe action figure, then within a split second he found himself on his feet once again.

Pathos sighed, "You're the one forced me to ask this innocent soul for help in our attempts at mystery solving, Nancy Drew! What kind of people would we be if we left him here, in arms reach of danger and such," he replied, understanding the boys' concerns pathos continued to walk up to him and put his hand on his shoulder prompting him to look at his smiling face as he said, "Don't you worry your cute button nose off, Pathos will take care off everything! Please don't mind that Mr. Grumpus over there he doesn't like things so lustrous like ourselves!"

"I think we'd be some pretty smart people if we got out while we still have our limbs attached! You're crazy if you think this boy would show us any compassion if it were you that had gotten..." but before the diddler could finish his sentence, Pathos had already begun an attack on his own. Bending over an wiggling his fanny at the rabid canine he begun the TAUNT, then rolling back into a Sumerian hand-stand slurring profanities at the doggy...

The diddler groaned, 'If Pathos only knew these situations with children and creepy places only ended in tragedy... Bless his soul for wanting to help thy little goofball,' he paused that thought. 'Whether I like it or we're going to battle.."

Turning back to Pathos and the young boy, who's name he couldn't recall due to the green he had smoked out by the Merry Go Round. Why couldn't he remember? Or was it because of that other kid, from Glacier Island, had asked for help once, but before he could help any little kid the little devil ended up being a serial killing snorunt! How dare they take that crown away from me! I WAS ROBBED! I was the only person who knew where the body was, but wasn't able to tell anyone. WHY was he asking himself these questions that had nothing to do with his current situation. Maybe he was alittle crazy, or maybe it was the tragic death of his kitten Higgen's, at the tender age of eight. Oh Higgen's, I loved you more than a chicken eating worms on a Sunday brunch. The diddler looked at him for a moment before continuing, "If that doesn't work, try stealing him with EMBARGO, but I have a feeling it might attack and I think you'll be able to DETECT it well on your own."

Amras.MG
24th April 2009, 4:19 AM
The Underbelly

AmrasMG

With a quick recall of Idrial into her psychic ball, you and Rensing get ready to take on the humongous foe, a Honchkrow standing on the large dining table before you. As you utter a round of attacks to the puppy Houndour, Rochelle grabs your arm, "This is crazy, whether this Houndour has a powerful aura about him or not, that crow looks pretty fearsome." Rensing, however, ignores the woman talking to you and sets about beginning the battle.

As the puppy leaps forwards, he begins to spew a hurricane of flaming energy towards the Honchkrow perched atop the table. When the fire begins to engulf the intimidating bird, it too creates a hurricanesque attack in the form of whirlwind. As the funnel of air tears around the circular room, Rensing fires a pulse of darkness through it, hitting the crow directly on its underside. Visibly angered by this attack and slightly damaged, the Honckrow jumps up off of the tabletop, flapping its huge wingspan before swooping down at Rensing, attacking him with a powerful wing attack.

"Two moves not in an ordinary Honckrow's learnset, be careful..." Rochelle added as the fire spin damaged the crow slightly, causing it to seize up in an angry manner...

Rensing squares off with the Honchkrow in front of him, bravely facing off a normally more powerful opponent with a determination that made Amras smile inside. Starting off with a fearsome Dragon Rage and Dark Pulse, Rensing's combo works very well, trapping the bird in a maelstrom of fire while knocking it around some more. Honckrow, however, didn't seem to have taken too much damage from Rensing's offensive, and quickly hits Amras' new puppy across the side, making Amras grimace as Houndour is hit. Regarding Rochelle's comment as calmly as he can while Rensing engulfs Honchkrow in a Fire Spin, Amras thinks about his next orders carefully, aware that he needed to press the attack even more.

"Rensing, use Pursuit to track it around the room, then when you're in good attacking range, make some sparks with a Thunder Fang. Follow up with a Body Slam! You're doing great, Rensing, but make sure you let me know if you feel like you need any help!"

-Hayward-
24th April 2009, 4:36 AM
[I've decided to type updates up as one paragraph rather than the two, much like other ZAs]

Mantine Mania

-Hayward-
With the two of you and the fainted Cacnea pressing onwards toward the aquatic ride at a heightening pace, you begin to lose your breath as you utter the same protective commands to Medeo the Meditite. Eventually, after several minutes of traversing across the eerie, abandoned theme park, you arrive at a tall blue gate emblazoned with big cartoonesque writing which read 'Mantine Mania'. It wasn't long before your psychic companion pulled you away from admiring the regal blue archway. As you follow close behind, you find yourself walking up a set of steps to a large platform. Alongside the platform is the beginning of the ride, several Mantine-shaped boats sit bobbing in the water channel next to the ride platform. "Med!" Medeo cries out cheerily before hopping into the one closest to the entrance. As you follow once more, clambering into the Mantine in a haphazard manner and placing the cactus pokémon alongside you on the cushioned seat, it suddenly jerks into life on its own, a water gate opens and the cheerful water ride begins. To begin with, the ride seems rather tranquil as you pass through the back of Miasma Heights, passing several of the other closed attractions, the moon lighting up the whole area. In the distance, you can make out what looks to be a small wood made up of a variety of different trees, some of which look rather bare. However, as you notice Cacnea's desired location, the ride makes a peculiar grinding sound and lurches to a stop in the middle of an open pond section of the ride. Suddenly, in front of the boat, the water begins to ripple violently and a large shape appears. As you and the Meditite squint, you see an oversized Slowpoke surface which gives you a wide and quite clueless looking grin...

What will you do?

As the form of the wild Slowpoke came into view, mere inches from their Mantine-boat, Ben bolted in surprise and Medeo instinctively positioned himself in front of the tiny Cacnea. But when he saw the clueless expression on the face of the Dopey Pokemon, Medeo relaxed and threw Medeo a quizzical look. Ben simply shrugged. “Do you think it knows we’re even here?” he asked tentatively. Now it was Medeo’s turn to shrug. “Maybe we should just ignore it -- it looks pretty harmless to me. Anyways, I can see the Decorative Gardens from here, and we still need to get Cacnea there.” Medeo nodded and Ben continued. Maybe you can talk to Slowpoke -- just let it know we mean it no harm, and that we’ll be on our way once we get Cacnea to safety.” The sooner they dropped off Cacnea, the sooner they could leave the park and continue their adventures elsewhere.

_________________________________
fb (“”)

Tale
25th April 2009, 2:30 PM
[I've decided to type updates up as one paragraph rather than the two, much like other ZAs]

The Merry Maze

Tale
Having made a decision and chosen to follow the right path, whilst at the same time issuing two more attacks for Friedrich, the plucky Corphish, you begin to move and leave the crustacean to hold his own. Turning around, you see the crab pokémon opening a claw, within which a sphere of freezing cold energy was gathering before he fires a bar of ice at the spectre. Recoiling in pain, the Ghastly hits the hedge and disappears to the other side in an instant. Not wanting to leave without making sure the ghost type pokémon had recieved the maximum damage, the Corphish opens the other claw, this time the crab begins to spew a flurry of magma bubbles at the hedge, from within which you hear the Ghastly cry out in pain once again. Having pulled off both attacks and not having the odd ghost on your tail anymore, the two of you continue deeper into the maze to the right. After wandering about for a while, you come into a square shape within the hedges. In the centre of the quadrangle is a rather ornate looking fountain. Upon closer inspection you notice that the 'water' within it is not water at all but more of a silvery smoke-like matter, swirling in a clockwise motion. Friedrich leaps onto the rim of the odd fountain for a closer look himself and the peculiar matter begins to swirl in a more violent manner. It isn't long before you believe you can see a small figure forming amongst the smoke and your Corphish companion edges closer to you, obviously slighlty unnerved by the whole thing. "Leave this place..now..." a dismebodied voice comes from deep within the smoke and a mangled arm appears, attempting to grasp at you and Friedrich. As the two of you step back, you bump into a sphere. Spinning on the spot, you look up to see Ghastly has made a return, looking rather battered from the attacks. However, this time, the evil looking pokémon has brought back up in the form of an unusually dark looking Misdreavus.

What will you do?

Ever the relentless brawler, Friedrich unleashed the two torrents of contrasting temperature, intent on felling the already weary Gastly. After having propelled the spherical spectre through a hedge with the Ice Beam, for good measure Friedrich continued his assault, firing heated bubbles through the new hole and striking the recovering ghost to augment the damage already caused. Satisfied, but only barely, he threateningly clipped his pincers at his worn-down adversary, before scuttling after his trainer, pride swelling within his exoskeleton.

He found Oscar at another fork, tugging at his hem to let him know of his presence and success over the Gastly. Oscar, spinning to check their tail, established their separation from the aggravating ghost with a satisfied smile, “Fantastic, Friedrich. Once again your valour abounds!” Tipping his hat at the Corphish, Oscar opted once more for the right path. As they progressed, he had not anticipated the disorientating ability of a maze, and shunned the certainty of their being lost, determined that sustained progression could only yield a result after a time.

As they wandered through the eerie hedgerows, Oscar spoke to his companion all the while, “Friedrich, if it wasn’t for you the team would be devoid of a role model, an example by which they propel their ambitions forward. I don’t believe in destiny, fate or any other metaphysical concept, but your presence here is valued, required. You are the backbone to a team of misfits, the most stalwart malcontent I’ve ever had the pleasure of encountering,” Friedrich scuttled beside him, looking ahead as though oblivious to every word Oscar was speaking - a possibility he simply disregarded. “This maze we weave through is more than just a maze, Friedrich. It is a representation, a symbol for the tribulations of life itself. That’s how I see it. Plagued by malignant spirits and impossible to navigate. We rely solely on luck, the choices we make are blind, answerable only to the retrospect as their results pan out - good or bad - before our very eyes without a moment’s warning. You understand, you ponder this all day in your solitude, I expect. That’s all we live, a life of blind choices guided by nothing, interpreted through notions of luck, fate, destiny.” He ceased his stream of thought, sensing that there was no requirement for it whatsoever at this time, particularly since Friedrich seemed to care not for a word he uttered.

Eventually, progress was made. As the hedges formed a square, at the centre of which an ornate fountain stood, Oscar pondered over the possibility that the maze’s centre had been found. Were it true, this fountain was inevitably significant. He approached at a far slower pace than his unhesitant companion, who hopped upon the edge of the stone structure to gaze within. As Oscar drew near, he saw the unanticipated whirling of miasma in place of the expected liquid. Friedrich, sensing a foreboding turn of events, drew closer to his trainer, claws snapping anxiously by his side. When a disembodied voice ordered them away, the companions glared at one another. Suddenly, an arm protruded from the fountain, malevolently clawing at them both as if wanting to pull them inside. The two leapt backwards, Oscar frowning at the apparition and Friedrich viciously snapping away with his pincers, before Oscar’s path was obstructed from behind.

Whirling around, he faced the roguish ghost he was previously certain that Friedrich had incapacitated. Slightly dilapidated from its received beating, its intentions appeared chillingly more hostile. Friedrich danced around the ghost, snapping wildly at it.

“Go Friedrich, go! Use your Bubble, and transform it into Firestream. How has this spectre not yet been felled?!” As Oscar cried his commands, he was yet unaware of the Misdreavous that had also materialised within the vicinity. With a yelp, he suddenly acknowledged the dark spirit’s appearance, and swiftly anticipated danger. As opposed to attacking it directly, he spoke to the ghost - “Talk, foul spectre! Tell us the intention of your darkened heart. Friedrich, prepare yourself - guide your Firestream to this spirit, should she refuse a parley.”

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
27th April 2009, 1:52 AM
Miasma Heights
The Deserted Theme park
[Only five updatees at a time]

The Circus Tent: Want to witness the show of a lifetime? Enter the Circus Tent and challenge the bloodthirsty ghosts within to a dangerous and challenging battle upon the stage. Defeating four in a row gains you access to the Champion - A Dark Pokémon whose identity remains a mystery as nobody has ever made it far enough to win. Beating the ghouls will no doubt lead to a very handsome prize, but do you have what it takes?


Surveying Miasma Heights somberly Weebos pushed a button on a pokeball at his belt. Bright light shone forth from the ball for a few seconds and when it faded a dark and spiky figure was revealed. "It has been awhile since we've been out in the world Voodoo, this place suits you doesn't it?" The Cacturne slightly raised his head, eyes glowing with sadistic glee. Weebos shivered, "You're a freak Voodoo," he said to his pokemon, "come on lets get moving." They moved to the entrance of the park and Weebos looked around again. "Where to Voodoo?" asked Weebos, chuckling at the rhyme. The dark pokemon was silent and merely began shambling towards the circus tent. "Typically Circuses aren't your thing Voodoo, but here I get the feeling they're perfect for you." Weebos said as he followed his pokemon to the tent.

Pearl's Perap
27th April 2009, 1:59 AM
[Okay you three, you're staying with me and Fangirl, a new ZA for this zone, will be taking Tale and -Hayward' ^_^ - The same goes for the newly posted Weebos :3]

The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
With your brief outburst at the man's Murkrow, he grinned, baring his teeth at you and the Abra. In the background, Ana whimpered, she actually appeared to fear her captor, which was a rather concerning thought. As the man releases a shadow doppelganger of your very own companion, Prestige, your Abra scoffs at the rather intimidating looking creature. With your reminder of him only being taller by an inch, the familiar white luminosity began to eminate from your friend and, as the form of Prestige glowed it began changing dramatically. In an instant, the white shape had grown taller and grown a fine mustache. As the light subsided, the man squinted to see the Kadabra before him, "An even more impressive pokémon, this things got great potential..." he growled, pointing a grubby finger at the now wide awake fox. After coming to grips with Prestige's spontaneous and rather humourous evolution, you give him several orders for his impending battle against the shadow of his former Abra. In an instant, Prestige leaps into action, making a large square of light with his light screen. As the barrier formed, the foe nodded towards the old man, disappearing in a quick flash. In an instant, the shadow pokémon managed to bypass the barrier, landing directly in front of Prestige. The tiny yet rather malevolent pokémon had began to conjur up his own Shadow Ball and, just before it was to be hurled at your Kadabra, he acts quickly. Firing off his Thunder Wave attack, Prestige throws the foe off concentration by causing an instant paralysis, the Abra collapsing slightly on the ground. Having gained this advantage, Prestige is quick to pull off his final command. Holding his spoon towards the dark foe, he shoots off a large sphere of darkness, causing the Abra to cry out in pain, despite it being an attack fit for a shadow pokémon of the Twilight Realm. "Ergh, wealking!" The old man cried out, kicking out towards the Abra. Meanwhile, Ana remains in her wrought iron cage, shaking the bars with all her might. Noticing this, the Murkrow fires off another Gust in her direction and the confused sheep attacks with her own Thundershock. "Seems like she wants to rebel now...very well..." The man uttered, motioning towards the crow pokémon who produced a key from his hat before flapping towards the irate Flaaffy. Soon, the sheep is freed and bounds towards you, grabbing at your legs in warm embrace. A bright light distracts you from this moment as the peculiar and rather freaky man places an odd stone on the Murkrow, evolving it into a Honchkrow. "Let's get this REALLY started, shall we?" With these words, the shadow Abra stands up and the newly evolved Honchkrow rests on the ground next to it...

What will you do?

The Funhouse

Silver Wind
With you questioning whether to just leave the place and let the boy attempt to get his psychic companion back alone, Pathos attempts to initiate a battle without you even giving him any attack commands. You and the young boy watch as the Abra begins to shake his stuff in front of the canine, taunting at it with all his might. Visibly disgruntled by this display, it appears as if you are going to have quite the battle on your hands now, with or without your say on the matter. "Quick, we need to do something now whilst we have the chance..." the child cries out, his Mime Jr. flailing around in a baby like manner in the jaws of the dark pokémon. With the Absol becoming more and more angry with Pathos' uncouth display of his behind, his release on the baby pokémon weakens and he drops it at his feet. Still in shock from the attack, the Mime Jr. cries out for the young boy before performing a perfect dive into the remaining balls. In an instant, the child leaps deep into the balls himself, grasping at the psychic baby with all his might. In the last seconds, the Absol leaps forwards, biting down on Pathos and throwing him upwards as it does, causing him to land directly on top of the baby and young boy's heartfelt reunion. You are quick to order commands and, as the now injured Abra regains himself, he grasps at the Mime Jr, keeping him as far away from the foe as possible, since he could not steal it with the embargo attack. Further enraged by this action alone, the dread pokémon dives towards Pathos and into the ball pit. As it gets closer and closer to your Abra companion, teeth bared for another bone shattering bite attack. In the last seconds, Pathos glows a weird hue of green and disappears, reappearing above Absol, having managed to detect and avoid the oncoming attack. With the Mime Jr. still in his grasp, the psychic pokémon tosses the baby back to his rightful trainer and the two scramble out of the ball pool and towards you, hiding behind you as they reach you. "Now, you need to attempt to get rid of this pokémon, he stole my Mimey and now he needs to pay..." Despite the boy seeming rather childish in everything else he had spoke to you since the two of you had met, this statement seemed rather sinister and, as the child spoke, he stood aside from hiding behind you, grasping his tiny hands into fists. Breaking the silence, Pathos brings the attention back to the battle, the dread was still very much present and he needed new battle commands....

What will you do?

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Giving several more orders for the battling Houndour, Rensing, the puppy looks at you a little sheepishly but nods in agreement nonetheless. Running around the edge of the exquisite dining table, the dark pokémon covers himself in a veil of odd dark energy. Seeing this, the Honchkrow flies upwards, performing the very same action itself, disappearing in the dark rafters. With this, Rensing stops in his tracks completely, watching the circling dark energy above, the Honckrow making laps around the ceiling. In the split second the puppy turns to look to you for help, the gigantic mass of dark energy in crow form swoops downwards, ramming Rensing into the ground and causing him to yelp out in pain. Though the attack did not do much damage, the little pokémon appears to be rather fragile. "He seems a little different, like there is something on his mind..." Rochelle spoke out, breaking the tension as the Honchkrow swooped upwards once more, "Rensing, stay strong..." With this comment, the mafia crow let out a squawk, mocking the woman and Houndour in a rather condescending manner. As the Honchkrow got closer and closer to the ground, Rensing picked his moment well, diving at the dark flying type with sparking teeth bared. Sinking his teeth deep into the underside of the foe, it cries out in a bloodcurdling manner, taking quite a bit of damage. Despite this, the crow manages to regain itself rather quickly and eyes the Houndour, its beak beginning to send out froth-like sparks, having mirrored the last move and gained it itself. Darting forward the Honchkrow opens its beak wide and clamps down on the puppy's right back leg. Despite a lack of teeth to bite with, the attack is a success and leaves Rensing a little worse for wear. With one command left and the Honchkrow threat still rather impending, the Houndour runs at the foe, gaining as much momentum as he can as he slams his full weight into the bird, knocking it sideways. "Amras, I..I think Rensing gains a weird sort of power from these catacombs..." Rochelle highlighted, noting the fact that, despite having taken a number of attacks from a significantly more powerful pokémon by level, he was still rather pumped for more battling to ensue. Looking back to you, there appears to be a flicker of malice in the eye of your small companion. Noticing this too, Rochelle puts a hand on your arm, as if she knew more about the Houndour than you...

What will you do?

Demon Skittle
27th April 2009, 3:45 AM
[Okay you three, you're staying with me and Fangirl, a new ZA for this zone, will be taking Tale and -Hayward' ^_^ - The same goes for the newly posted Weebos :3]

The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
With your brief outburst at the man's Murkrow, he grinned, baring his teeth at you and the Abra. In the background, Ana whimpered, she actually appeared to fear her captor, which was a rather concerning thought. As the man releases a shadow doppelganger of your very own companion, Prestige, your Abra scoffs at the rather intimidating looking creature. With your reminder of him only being taller by an inch, the familiar white luminosity began to eminate from your friend and, as the form of Prestige glowed it began changing dramatically. In an instant, the white shape had grown taller and grown a fine mustache. As the light subsided, the man squinted to see the Kadabra before him, "An even more impressive pokémon, this things got great potential..." he growled, pointing a grubby finger at the now wide awake fox. After coming to grips with Prestige's spontaneous and rather humourous evolution, you give him several orders for his impending battle against the shadow of his former Abra. In an instant, Prestige leaps into action, making a large square of light with his light screen. As the barrier formed, the foe nodded towards the old man, disappearing in a quick flash. In an instant, the shadow pokémon managed to bypass the barrier, landing directly in front of Prestige. The tiny yet rather malevolent pokémon had began to conjur up his own Shadow Ball and, just before it was to be hurled at your Kadabra, he acts quickly. Firing off his Thunder Wave attack, Prestige throws the foe off concentration by causing an instant paralysis, the Abra collapsing slightly on the ground. Having gained this advantage, Prestige is quick to pull off his final command. Holding his spoon towards the dark foe, he shoots off a large sphere of darkness, causing the Abra to cry out in pain, despite it being an attack fit for a shadow pokémon of the Twilight Realm. "Ergh, wealking!" The old man cried out, kicking out towards the Abra. Meanwhile, Ana remains in her wrought iron cage, shaking the bars with all her might. Noticing this, the Murkrow fires off another Gust in her direction and the confused sheep attacks with her own Thundershock. "Seems like she wants to rebel now...very well..." The man uttered, motioning towards the crow pokémon who produced a key from his hat before flapping towards the irate Flaaffy. Soon, the sheep is freed and bounds towards you, grabbing at your legs in warm embrace. A bright light distracts you from this moment as the peculiar and rather freaky man places an odd stone on the Murkrow, evolving it into a Honchkrow. "Let's get this REALLY started, shall we?" With these words, the shadow Abra stands up and the newly evolved Honchkrow rests on the ground next to it...

What will you do?"An even more impressive Pokemon, this things got great potential..." the peculiar old man growled as the pointed his finger towards Prestige. The newly evolved Kadabra played with his mustache as he twirled his new spoon in his claws, remarking, "Yes, I'm amazing, I know. It's a pity you couldn't see that, Alina, and yet he could..."

"Just GO," Alina said, pushing her Pokemon towards his opponent and giving him his first orders. Prestige scoffed and stared down his opponent confidently before setting up a Light Screen, thus starting the battle. As Prestige worked on creating a Light Screen, his opponent disappeared out of sight, most likely in the form of a Teleport.

"Two can play at that game," Prestige mumbled to Alina before the shadow Pokemon materialized right before him, bypasing the Light Screen. As it conjured up its own Shadow Ball, Prestige acted almost on instinct, successfully paralyzing his opponent with a Thunder Wave before it could fire its attack. Taking advantage of his opponent's paralysis, Prestige quickly created and hurled his own shadowy sphere, which caused the Abra to double over in pain.

"Weakling!" The old man cried out, lashing out at his own Pokemon for failing to win this round. Prestige shrugged before saying to Alina, "No wonder he's so emo. You know, this guy is actually helping us by damaging his own Pokemon..."

Alina wasn't listening, though, as she concentrated on her opponent and her Flaaffy, Ana. She felt equally sorry for both Pokemon, and would love to help them both, but...

Just then another huge gust of wind was whipped up, this time to throw against the caged Flaaffy, who was desperate to escape and was trying with all her might to pry the door open. "Seems like she wants to rebel now...very well..." said the cruel man, giving his Murkrow permission to release Alina's Pokemon. Overjoyed, Ana bounded towards Alina and hugged one of her legs, as Alina gave a nasty glare to the Murkrow and his owner.

"Let's get this REALLY started, shall we?" the man said with a wicked smile as the placed a peculiar looking stone on his Pokemon. Another bright white light filled the room, and soon a new Honchkrow stood upon his shoulders. The Honchkrow left its master's shoulder to join the shadow Abra on the ground, Ana giving it the nastiest glare the world had ever seen. However, Prestige seemed overjoyed with the thought of a double battle as he said "Aw, a hoochkrow has come to join us! How lovely, I can fry two Pokemon at once."

Alina, on the other hand, hated the idea of a double battle, and would rather leave right now since her Flaaffy was now safe. Sadly, there was no way to easily escape the situation, and Prestige probably wouldn't let her miss a chance to expand his ego. So, with a sigh, Alina ordered "Prestige, attack the two with a Blizzard before Teleporting away and attempting to give the Abra another Shadow Ball. Ana, use Flash and Thunder Wave the Honchkrow. Give that bird a Thunderbolt while you're at it."

Silver Wind
29th April 2009, 1:23 AM
The Funhouse

Silver Wind
With you questioning whether to just leave the place and let the boy attempt to get his psychic companion back alone, Pathos attempts to initiate a battle without you even giving him any attack commands. You and the young boy watch as the Abra begins to shake his stuff in front of the canine, taunting at it with all his might. Visibly disgruntled by this display, it appears as if you are going to have quite the battle on your hands now, with or without your say on the matter. "Quick, we need to do something now whilst we have the chance..." the child cries out, his Mime Jr. flailing around in a baby like manner in the jaws of the dark pokémon. With the Absol becoming more and more angry with Pathos' uncouth display of his behind, his release on the baby pokémon weakens and he drops it at his feet. Still in shock from the attack, the Mime Jr. cries out for the young boy before performing a perfect dive into the remaining balls. In an instant, the child leaps deep into the balls himself, grasping at the psychic baby with all his might. In the last seconds, the Absol leaps forwards, biting down on Pathos and throwing him upwards as it does, causing him to land directly on top of the baby and young boy's heartfelt reunion. You are quick to order commands and, as the now injured Abra regains himself, he grasps at the Mime Jr, keeping him as far away from the foe as possible, since he could not steal it with the embargo attack. Further enraged by this action alone, the dread pokémon dives towards Pathos and into the ball pit. As it gets closer and closer to your Abra companion, teeth bared for another bone shattering bite attack. In the last seconds, Pathos glows a weird hue of green and disappears, reappearing above Absol, having managed to detect and avoid the oncoming attack. With the Mime Jr. still in his grasp, the psychic pokémon tosses the baby back to his rightful trainer and the two scramble out of the ball pool and towards you, hiding behind you as they reach you. "Now, you need to attempt to get rid of this pokémon, he stole my Mimey and now he needs to pay..." Despite the boy seeming rather childish in everything else he had spoke to you since the two of you had met, this statement seemed rather sinister and, as the child spoke, he stood aside from hiding behind you, grasping his tiny hands into fists. Breaking the silence, Pathos brings the attention back to the battle, the dread was still very much present and he needed new battle commands....

What will you do?great big boobies

Just like he thought, the dark canine had lost all interest in Mimey and turned his attention unto Pathos instead, but only she wasn't being as gentle with the young fox creature like she was with the mime. With all the chaos that just ensued, Pathos managed to get his fellow psy into his rightful owners grasp, who had taken shelter behind the diddler. All this trouble over a stupid Mime Jr, oh why hadn't they gone to visit the Hotel instead, that'd be something to explore. The boy cried out, "Now, you need to attempt to get rid of this pokémon, he stole my Mimey and now he needs to pay..."

"Listen kid!" he yelled angrilly. "Unless you plan on doing something to help right now I think you should just keep it shut, I don't know if you understand the severity of this prediciment we are in! So please, if you plan on jumping in and helping Pathos take down this Absol feel free to give it a go, but keep yourself hidden behind me if you can't handle it. 'kay sweet cheeks? Just a precaution, but I'd feel safer with another one of my Pokemon out for abit more saftey.."

Unclipping a the typical red and white sphere known as the pokeball, the diddler released a rather odd sand turtle with a purpley blue shell and wibbly wobbly limbs that could tickle a Skitty to death. This was his prized pokemon that he cherished to bits, he was McDiddles, the quirky shiny shuckle that though he was a cat. Upon release the first image that he absorbed was the face of the boy and his mime jr companion, and he showed his displeasure in scenery by hissing loudly the the pair. Scooping him up swiftly, the diddler stroked his precious gently on the head. Whispering softly, "There, there McDiddles.. The little boy doesn't know any better, but you'll be here to protect us should we need it, wont you precious?" The shuckle rubbed affectionately against his wailer soft trainer.

Turning his attention back to Pathos and Absol battle, the little abra was already awaiting his next rounds commands. “I suppose we could always try Attract her into liking you,” the diddler joked, “But perhaps a FATAL ATTRACTION would be best for now, am I right?” he stood still for a moment, considering all the possible ways to gain an advantage. Maybe if there was something to confuse the devil mon; no one had ever caught the Absol, how could they be expected to get them all on such short notice? It wasn't something he was really interested in, orders were orders. "Alright send some SWEET KISSes Absol's way before using a DOUBLE TEAM attack," he commented casually, handing a yellow colored ball to the boy.

Amras.MG
30th April 2009, 6:16 PM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Giving several more orders for the battling Houndour, Rensing, the puppy looks at you a little sheepishly but nods in agreement nonetheless. Running around the edge of the exquisite dining table, the dark pokémon covers himself in a veil of odd dark energy. Seeing this, the Honchkrow flies upwards, performing the very same action itself, disappearing in the dark rafters. With this, Rensing stops in his tracks completely, watching the circling dark energy above, the Honckrow making laps around the ceiling. In the split second the puppy turns to look to you for help, the gigantic mass of dark energy in crow form swoops downwards, ramming Rensing into the ground and causing him to yelp out in pain. Though the attack did not do much damage, the little pokémon appears to be rather fragile. "He seems a little different, like there is something on his mind..." Rochelle spoke out, breaking the tension as the Honchkrow swooped upwards once more, "Rensing, stay strong..." With this comment, the mafia crow let out a squawk, mocking the woman and Houndour in a rather condescending manner. As the Honchkrow got closer and closer to the ground, Rensing picked his moment well, diving at the dark flying type with sparking teeth bared. Sinking his teeth deep into the underside of the foe, it cries out in a bloodcurdling manner, taking quite a bit of damage. Despite this, the crow manages to regain itself rather quickly and eyes the Houndour, its beak beginning to send out froth-like sparks, having mirrored the last move and gained it itself. Darting forward the Honchkrow opens its beak wide and clamps down on the puppy's right back leg. Despite a lack of teeth to bite with, the attack is a success and leaves Rensing a little worse for wear. With one command left and the Honchkrow threat still rather impending, the Houndour runs at the foe, gaining as much momentum as he can as he slams his full weight into the bird, knocking it sideways. "Amras, I..I think Rensing gains a weird sort of power from these catacombs..." Rochelle highlighted, noting the fact that, despite having taken a number of attacks from a significantly more powerful pokémon by level, he was still rather pumped for more battling to ensue. Looking back to you, there appears to be a flicker of malice in the eye of your small companion. Noticing this too, Rochelle puts a hand on your arm, as if she knew more about the Houndour than you...

What will you do?

Rensing shows immense power as he faces off with the foe Honchkrow, exchanging blows of ferocious intensity. Amras flinches as his puppy is attacked by the evil crow, but is extremely proud as the little Houndour proceeds to attack his more powerful foe anyways. Rensing's showcase of grim determination and power holds Amras in awe before Rochelle's comments snap him out of it, and Amras takes a closer intellectual survey of the battle. Rensing indeed did look different, more focused and energetic than usual, displaying a sort of battle focus that Amras had not seen from his puppy before. Rochelle's unusual insight into the catacomb's effect on Rensing stirs a sense of trouble in the trainer's mind, and Amras whirls around to Rochelle after Rensing lands from his Body Slam.

"Rensing, you're doing great, and I'm super proud of you! Keep up the offensive with a Heat Wave, try to direct it at where you used the Thunder Fang, then Dragon Rage! Follow up with a Thunder Fang!"

"Rochelle, I need to know why you know so much about this area. Feelings of loss and any other emotions you're struggling with right now need to be put aside, if we want to survive this. I can help you with your problems, but let me in and help me know what you know."

Psychopath
2nd May 2009, 6:38 AM
The Restaurant

Psychopath
Watching on as you use the coveted Revive item on the dragonfly and issue your next rounds worth of attacks to the tiny turtle pokémon, Oscar smirks. Victoria the Gabite looks back to him, revealing her sharp teeth in an awkward smile of her own. As Valor began to flail around on the ground, the Gabite looked on in a confused manner, your plan appeared to be working as she began to approach slowly but surely. However, the boy noticed that the Squirtle was merely luring the land shark close and he quickly barked a command, "Vicky, Earthquake, now!" As this command was issued, the Gabite nodded, leaping upwards in the air before hurtling back down at the ground, stomach first. As the dragon pokémon connected with the ground, tremors and shockwaves went in every direction, causing both tables to shake violently. The attack also hit the flailing Valor, who appeared to take moderate damage. Freeze the Weavile was the only thing not affected by this, the refereeing pokémon leaping upwards as the attack struck.

Annoyed by the fact the opponent had gotten her hit in first, the Squirtle formed a large sphere of watery matter before itself once more, using its tiny turtle claws to launch it in the direction of the Gabite. A success, the water attack engulfs Victoria, leaving her dripping wet afterwards. However, this is not all, with this attack, the opponent's pokémon appears to have become confused as she runs towards Valor, spinning her finned arms in every direction possible. Luckily, your Squirtle knew exactly what to do, as the dragon pokémon got close, Valor leaped out of the way before returning at the opponent in a veil of water in the form of aqua jet. A quick attack, Valor bounces off of the back of the Gabite with his attack, dealing another nice chunk of damage. With this, Victoria appears to lose her confusion, but her hitpoints aren't looking too amazing, "Keep at it girl, you can do this..." Oscar uttered with a smile, a look of regret appeared in his face, in his heart of hearts, he knew that Victoria was failing...


[Woah, It's been a while. Sorry about the lateness, but I realised I'd need more time and dropped out before. Now I have time, and PP said I could join Fangirl's group.]

He couldn't believe it: Valor was winning against the land shark! He needed to keep his momentum going, and he needed to doit without any of Oscar's quick counterattacks. He looked beside him to Digga' and smiled. She would be so proud to see this! Wait, where was Digga'? He looked up, and there she was having not only gained apparent conscience, but also having gotten a sugar rush no Starbucks could ever give her. Tyson looked at Digga spin and spin, he was so distracted by this he failed to realise that Valor had no orders and that Freeze was glaring at him. He was so focused on her spining that he didn't realise she was changing, her two little front legs becoming arms, with real, usable hands attached. Her face was also changing, her antenae facing back and becoming darker than her overall face. Which was turning blue. Her tail was extending, along with her wings. It finally hit Tyson: She was evolving!

At the moment he needed to get that out of his head: "Valor, use your sixe to get a good (Grass) knot around her legs and trip her up. Then as she falls Hit her with an Ice beam, If that isn't enout Ice punch her!" He needed to win, not just for his sake, but for the woman's as well.

Pearl's Perap
2nd May 2009, 11:01 PM
[An update for all of my updatees :3]

The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
Despite your initial hesitance at the idea of a double battle, you decide on staying, mainly due to the Kadabra's Godlike ego. Issuing attacks to both Prestige and the newly freed Ana, you stand back, watching as the battle begins. Prestige begins the battle, throwing back both arms, almost dropping his newly gotten spoon. In an instant, the air becomes freezing cold and a small blizzard rips through the room, crippling the Honchkrow and slightly damaging the shadow Abra. In an instant, the Honchkrow was already on the ground, both wings highly frozen by the blizzard attack. With the crow now grounded, the bewildered sheep begins her own attacks, running at the bird before spinning around to flash her tail brightly in its eyes, "Touché..." the man utters and, as he does, the Honchkrow runs at Ana, attempting a wing attack. As the bird makes contacts, some of the ice shatters and damages the Flaaffy slightly. Not wasting any time, Prestige had already teleported, followed by the shadow Abra's own teleport. With the two meeting near the ceiling, they both charge shadow balls, tossing them at each other across the room. As the attacks meet, they fire off in different directions, obliterating holes in the walls. With his round of attacks over, the Kadabra resumed his position, it was Ana's time to shine now, after her capture. With all eyes on her, the Flaaffy put her arms together, forming a mass of electricity between them before firing a wave of thunder at the already impaired crow. The attack seems to work and the bird twitches all over, now grounded for definite. Not wanting to waste any time, the sheep charges once more, this time firing off a powerful and damaging Thunder Bolt. As the attack maves contact, the bird cries out in extreme pain, the electricity coursing through it at an incredible voltage, not good for a flying type at the best of times. With the attack over, you notice the crow begins to stumble. In no time at all, the Honchkrow collapses. [Lvl up for both Ana + Prestige] "Woah, that beast is more powerful than I previously thought..." The man gasps, returning the Honchkrow to its pokéball. "I shoulda put up a better fight, that thing would have sold for bundles on the black market." As the man chuckled, Ana began to spark furiously, obviously gaining the confidence to rebel against the man on her own, "Wanna play dirty, eh? Abra, obliterate this damn sheep..." In a split second, the tiny dark pokémon teleports in front of Ana, grasping at her before carrying her up and over, landing a powerful seismic toss attack. The sheep lies on the floor, gasping slightly, she still seems capable of battle though and the man only has one pokémon left, "Make your moves, kid..."

What will you do?

The Funhouse

Silver Wind
Letting the boy know how you feel about his childish ways, he quickly skulks off into the corner, still watching you battle, but keeping a safe distance from you. Despite his apparent moody moment, he still gasps in awe as you release the alternatively coloured Shuckle to stick at your side, should you need a quick defense. Turning your attention back to Pathos' battle against the dread pokémon, Absol, you throw several orders his way. With a quick nod, the Abra attempts to begin to attract the dark type in a rather fatal manner. However, as he readies the attack, the canine begins to pace back and forth, smirking in a rather antagonizing manner. It was its turn to taunt Pathos and the Abra seemed to be falling for it, his arms dropping to his sides. Turning to you, looking rather awkward due to not being able to attack now without the use of a damaging move, a product of the Absol's taunt attack. With her attack a success, the Absol leaps back towards the door she came through originally. Landing gracefully, she spins her head in such a motion, that her bizarre razored head created a powerful wind. In a second, it hit the Abra hard, knocking him off his feet. Behind you, the little boy whimpered slightly, Pathos being completely open to a potential other attack from the Absol. As you turn to issue the boy with a few more words, you see him throw the Mime Jr. towards the ball pit in a rather panicked manner. "Mimey, Teeter Dance, NOW!" He cried out and the tiny psychic pokémon nodded quickly, hopping into the centre of the room before ensnaring the attention of the Absol with its highly confusing dance. Pathos grins to himself as his fellow psychic pokémon manages to seriously confuse the Absol, the canine pokémon running into the still open door, rather than attacking the two. "Wow...it worked..." the tiny voice appeared behind you again. "Potential?" a high voice appeared in your head. It appeared to be the boy's Mime Jr, noticing you giving the boy a hard time, it obviously wanted the two of you to get along, he could be required at some point. Before you can even retaliate, the Absol howls loudly, making its presence known. You still have a battle on your hands, dealing with the threat would take some attack power...

What will you do?

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Having issued several more attacks for the incredibly pumped Houndour, you watch the battle begin to unfold before yours and the woman's eyes once more. The little puppy careered into the centre of the room, leaping at the table, causing the Honchkrow to take flight once more. As the dark pokémon lands atop the table, he barks loudly, his whole body engulfed in flames before they are expelled upwards at the crow. With the flames nearing the bird, it cries out in horror, but it cannot move in time. The fire attacks damages the bird severely and it lands in the rafters, not retaliating at the moment. "Wow, that thing almost seems...scared..." Rochelle murmured, looking towards you with a puzzled look on her face. As she does, you begin to question her, with the battle on hold for the moment. "The thing is, I don't know an incredible lot about this place. I have been here for a number of months on and off, I'm looking for somebody you see..." She looked away with these words, obviously not wanting to look you in the eye at the moment. As the woman turns, you notice her hand slide into her pocket, removing a minimized sphere. In a split second, a red flash leads to a pokémon materializing before you, "Meet Malice..." The pokémon was a Houndour with a black collar. Without warning, Rensing careers past you, forgetting his battle to rub up against the other Houndour, "You see, this is Rensing's sister..." However, before the two can properly become acquainted, the Honchkrow swoops into action once more, flying directly at both the pups. Remembering himself, Rensing leaps up quickly, firing a burst of purple flames in the form of dragon rage. With this attack, the bird screeches once more. This time, though, it continues the assault, flying in with another wing attack. Again, the pup manages to dodge, landing on the huge crow's back. As the Honchkrow flies upwards, the tiny canine bites into its neck, fangs sparking like before. With a frenzied shake, the Houndour drops down to the ground once more. Looking on, you see that the flying type is beginning to falter, landing on the ground a matter of metres away, "Yes! The last attack paralyzed it..." Rochelle cried out. With the battle over for the moment, the bird struggling with its new body condition, the Houndour's reunite once more, "We can talk more later, right now we need to get rid of this foe, that door at the back of the room is where we need to go through!"

What will you do?

Demon Skittle
3rd May 2009, 4:25 AM
[An update for all of my updatees :3]

The Tunnels

Demon Skittle
Despite your initial hesitance at the idea of a double battle, you decide on staying, mainly due to the Kadabra's Godlike ego. Issuing attacks to both Prestige and the newly freed Ana, you stand back, watching as the battle begins. Prestige begins the battle, throwing back both arms, almost dropping his newly gotten spoon. In an instant, the air becomes freezing cold and a small blizzard rips through the room, crippling the Honchkrow and slightly damaging the shadow Abra. In an instant, the Honchkrow was already on the ground, both wings highly frozen by the blizzard attack. With the crow now grounded, the bewildered sheep begins her own attacks, running at the bird before spinning around to flash her tail brightly in its eyes, "Touché..." the man utters and, as he does, the Honchkrow runs at Ana, attempting a wing attack. As the bird makes contacts, some of the ice shatters and damages the Flaaffy slightly. Not wasting any time, Prestige had already teleported, followed by the shadow Abra's own teleport. With the two meeting near the ceiling, they both charge shadow balls, tossing them at each other across the room. As the attacks meet, they fire off in different directions, obliterating holes in the walls. With his round of attacks over, the Kadabra resumed his position, it was Ana's time to shine now, after her capture. With all eyes on her, the Flaaffy put her arms together, forming a mass of electricity between them before firing a wave of thunder at the already impaired crow. The attack seems to work and the bird twitches all over, now grounded for definite. Not wanting to waste any time, the sheep charges once more, this time firing off a powerful and damaging Thunder Bolt. As the attack maves contact, the bird cries out in extreme pain, the electricity coursing through it at an incredible voltage, not good for a flying type at the best of times. With the attack over, you notice the crow begins to stumble. In no time at all, the Honchkrow collapses. [Lvl up for both Ana + Prestige] "Woah, that beast is more powerful than I previously thought..." The man gasps, returning the Honchkrow to its pokéball. "I shoulda put up a better fight, that thing would have sold for bundles on the black market." As the man chuckled, Ana began to spark furiously, obviously gaining the confidence to rebel against the man on her own, "Wanna play dirty, eh? Abra, obliterate this damn sheep..." In a split second, the tiny dark pokémon teleports in front of Ana, grasping at her before carrying her up and over, landing a powerful seismic toss attack. The sheep lies on the floor, gasping slightly, she still seems capable of battle though and the man only has one pokémon left, "Make your moves, kid..."

What will you do?Cold air whipped through the room as Prestige projected his Blizzard attack towards the Honchkrow and shadow Abra. Serving its purpose well, the Blizzard froze the wings of the Honchkrow solid, grounding it for the time being. However, it didn't seem to affect the Abra much, that pain in the ***. Still, to Alina it seemed more of an annoyance than anything that could do her any real harm. Her real worry was the Honchkrow, as she was unsure how powerful the bird Pokemon really was. Prestige left the Honchkrow to Ana for the time being, Teleporting about the room, while the sheep carried out her own Flash attack to help blind the crow. A blinding light filled the room, which was successful in blinding Alina, at least. Two blinding lights in one sitting in one dark room... she really needed to stop ordering such flashy moves, and maybe have her Pokemon evolve in already bright places. Alina blinked as her eyes adjusted back to the darkness, hearing a crash and a sound almost like the shattering of glass. As Alina's vision came back to her she could see Ana stumbling back up to her hind legs, shards of ice scattered across the ground. Ana looked severely damaged, but all that pain wouldn't stop her from getting revenge on the Honchkrow. Meanwhile, Prestige was trying to find the opportune moment to fire a Shadow Ball. The shadow Abra was attempting to do the same thing with its own Teleport skill; Alina figured it would. They met somewhere towards the ceiling, each trying to fire off a Shadow Ball of their own before the other. Firing both Shadow Balls at the same time, the two attacks collided, ricocheting off each other and flying way off course.

"Maybe I should have teleported again," said Prestige, ducking to avoid his own Shadow Ball as it blasted through the wall. Alina merely shook her head as she mumbled "You think?"

Prestige teleported back to his original position as Ana charged up electricity between her paws. Once enough electricity had been charged, she threw the bolt in the direction of the already grounded crow, adding to its misery with yet another status condition. Now that the crow was completely defenseless, Ana began to charge up another electric attack, smiling wickedly and making sure that this move would be its last. In another bright flash of electricity, Ana released a powerful bolt of lightning which instantly hit its target, thus putting the crow out of its misery.

Prestige backed away slowly from Ana as the odd man gasps, stunned by the sheep's prowess. "Woah, that beast is more powerful than I previously thought..." he began, returning his Honchkrow to its pokeball. "I shoulda put up a better fight, that thing would have sold for bundles on the black market."

"Tch, why sell Ana?" Prestige scoffed. "A Pokemon that strong, you might as well keep."

Sparks were flying from Ana as she thought of getting her revenge from being held captive for so long. The man merely smiled as he said, "Wanna play dirty, eh? Abra, obliterate this damn sheep..."

Quickly Teleporting in front of Ana, the Abra catches the sheep by surprise, picking her up and throwing her into the ground in the form of a Seismic Toss. The stunned sheep gasped as the pain of the Seismic Toss ran through her. She was barely able to stand as she struggled to get up, but she somehow managed it, probably by being fueled by her rage and the thought of revenge.

The wise thing to do here would be to recall Ana and have her get her rest, since it was risky to leave her out and hope that her moves would land a finishing blow. Prestige seemed pretty fit, on the other hand, having no damage done to him. The opponent was out numbered as well, giving Alina the upper hand, but the fair thing to do would be to return Ana for a well deserved rest and a fair fight...

"Psh, this man doesn't deserve fair" Prestige said, apparently listening in on Alina's thoughts. "You can't deny Ana of her revenge either. She'll give us the electric chair later, if you do."

Good point. Prestige was still in good shape, after all, and could protect Ana while she charged up a finishing blow...

"Well then," began Alina. "Prestige, don't let that Abra come near Ana. Protect her with a Light Screen, and give it another Blizzard. Let's see if it can teleport away from a snowstorm. If it still gets too close, Shadow Ball it. Ana, try using Fatal Attraction to deter it away from you. I think it's a dude. Focus everything into a Signal Beam, and try to finish it off."

OOC: By the time I"m done with this room it'll be an ice box. ;_;

Pearl's Perap
3rd May 2009, 6:07 AM
[I wanna try to be more on the ball with my updates D:]

The Tunnels

Demon Skittle

Deciding to let the previously captured Flaaffy exact revenge on the odd old man, you issue an intricate set of commands to both your battling pokémon for their lone opponent, the man's shadow Abra. Ana starts things off by vibrating slightly, a dark pheromone beginning to eminate from her fur. As the peculiar scent travels across the room, right into the foe's nostrils, he becomes completely infatuated with the sheep. Attempting to rush forward and hug her, Prestige quickly sets up a light screen barrier, preventing him from getting any closer. Annoyed, the shadow Abra brick breaks through the barrier with complete ease, "Excellently done..." the man uttered, sneering towards both Ana and Prestige. Despite the defenses having been destroyed almost instantly, both of your team mates look to each other, a quick nod exchanged before they both switch their complete attention back to the Abra. In a matter of seconds, Prestige conjurs up a powerful blizzard, firing it right into the direction of the foe and Ana tosses her head back before returning with a beam of green signalling light. As both attacks fly across the room towards the shadow Abra, the man's face drops. Caught in a powerful ice attack, topped off with a beam of bug energy, the Abra screams out, maniacally. As the blizzard subsides, you see the dark pokémon fall to its knees before collapsing completely [Lvl up for Prestige] "Preposterous! Return, imbecile.." the man produces the shadow pokémon's ball once more and in a flash of light, the Abra disappears. "Well, you beat me, what more do you want?" With these words, the man begins scrambling towards the cage in the corner, attempting to push it below the gap through which you fell. However, as he does, Ana steps in his way. Bemused by your pokémon, he kicks out, striking the Flaaffy upon the face. Clearly not going to stand for such unnecessary acts of violence, the sheep begins to spark furiously, firing out a humongous bolt of electricity, right at the man. Tossed across the room like a sack of onions, he crashes through a wall, revealing a lightened passage, it appeared to be one of the tunnels leading back into the theme park...

What will you do?

Demon Skittle
3rd May 2009, 6:54 AM
[I wanna try to be more on the ball with my updates D:]

Deciding to let the previously captured Flaaffy exact revenge on the odd old man, you issue an intricate set of commands to both your battling pokémon for their lone opponent, the man's shadow Abra. Ana starts things off by vibrating slightly, a dark pheromone beginning to eminate from her fur. As the peculiar scent travels across the room, right into the foe's nostrils, he becomes completely infatuated with the sheep. Attempting to rush forward and hug her, Prestige quickly sets up a light screen barrier, preventing him from getting any closer. Annoyed, the shadow Abra brick breaks through the barrier with complete ease, "Excellently done..." the man uttered, sneering towards both Ana and Prestige. Despite the defenses having been destroyed almost instantly, both of your team mates look to each other, a quick nod exchanged before they both switch their complete attention back to the Abra. In a matter of seconds, Prestige conjurs up a powerful blizzard, firing it right into the direction of the foe and Ana tosses her head back before returning with a beam of green signalling light. As both attacks fly across the room towards the shadow Abra, the man's face drops. Caught in a powerful ice attack, topped off with a beam of bug energy, the Abra screams out, maniacally. As the blizzard subsides, you see the dark pokémon fall to its knees before collapsing completely [Lvl up for Prestige] "Preposterous! Return, imbecile.." the man produces the shadow pokémon's ball once more and in a flash of light, the Abra disappears. "Well, you beat me, what more do you want?" With these words, the man begins scrambling towards the cage in the corner, attempting to push it below the gap through which you fell. However, as he does, Ana steps in his way. Bemused by your pokémon, he kicks out, striking the Flaaffy upon the face. Clearly not going to stand for such unnecessary acts of violence, the sheep begins to spark furiously, firing out a humongous bolt of electricity, right at the man. Tossed across the room like a sack of onions, he crashes through a wall, revealing a lightened passage, it appeared to be one of the tunnels leading back into the theme park...

What will you do?Ana glared at the Abra in disgust and it ran towards her, arms outspread to hug her, only to run right smack into Prestige's Light Screen. He scoffed for a moment, the punched through the light screen with a brick break, shards of light seeming to shatter instantly from the attack.

"God, look at that thing," Prestige mumbled watching the Abra admire Ana at her feet. "It almost looks pleasant to be around."

A disgusted Ana briefly looked to Prestige before the two nodded to each other and went off to proceed with their assault. Breathing in deeply, Prestige exhaled yet another Blizzard attack while Ana attacked with her Signal Beam, catching the Abra off guard. Giving one last cry of pain, the Abra fell to its knees, and collapsed on the ground defeated.

"Preposterous! Return, imbecile.." the man says, returning his Pokemon to its pokeball. In a panic, he scrambled to fetch his cage and shove it through the hole which Alina and Prestige fell through before. "Well, you beat me, what more do you want?"

"Well, for starters you could help us through that vent," Alina began sarcastically. "However, I don't think Prestige could fit, with his fat *** and all."

As Prestige scoffed at Alina, Ana decided it would be a fantastic idea to mock the man, and rub in her victory. Strutting on up to the man, she stepped in his path, sticking out her tongue as she did so. Bemused, the man promptly kicked out towards the sheep, striking her in the face. Even though she clearly had it coming, Ana couldn't believe the man had the gall to actually lash out at her. Charging up another bolt of electricity, she fired it directly at the man, throwing him backwards into a wall, making it collapse. Once the dust had settled a bit, Alina could see yet another tunnel, and at the end of it, a small white light. Oh, light!

"Oh, how kind of you to make an exist for us!" laughed Alina. Prestige laughed as well and commented "Yes, what a kind man. Giving us an exciting battle and even blasting a way out for us!"

Waving good bye, Alina and her two Pokemon began their walk through yet another tunnel, which hopefully led to fresh air, and maybe a more "pleasant" location in the theme park...

Pearl's Perap
3rd May 2009, 7:05 AM
Miasma Heights - Between areas

Demon Skittle

With a rather patronizing goodbye wave to the man who had not only kidnapped your beloved Ana, but lashed out at her in ways no human should. Exiting the rather chilly room through the newly blasted open wall, you watch yourself as you step over the now-inanimate lunatic, both of your pokémon following closely behind. The thunder bolt had caused an opening through which light was oozing and, as you attempt to follow the luminosity, you find yourself out of the tunnels completely and back into the theme park itself. As you squint, regaining your proper vision after a rather long time spent below the ground, you glance around. At first, the park seemed as deserted as ever before, out of the corner of your eye, a figure looks to appear. Noticing you, the person, who looks to be a middle-aged woman begins to make pace towards you. In a matter of seconds, the woman is standing right before you and you recognize her slightly. Tall and slender with a mane of silvery white hair, carefully straightened. "Hello darling, would you be able to assist me in something?" Her voice is like the purr of a cat, just as elegant as her whole appearance. Behind you, you feel a tug at the leg of your trousers, before Prestige speaks into your mind, "Isn't she that Karen woman, from Johto?" In an instant, your mind whirs and puts the pieces together, the woman before you is the dark type elite four member of the Johto region, Karen, "Oh, might I also ask your name?" She adds, sweetly, smiling at you before looking down to your two pokémon companions...

What will you do?

Demon Skittle
3rd May 2009, 7:26 AM
Miasma Heights - Between areas

Demon Skittle

With a rather patronizing goodbye wave to the man who had not only kidnapped your beloved Ana, but lashed out at her in ways no human should. Exiting the rather chilly room through the newly blasted open wall, you watch yourself as you step over the now-inanimate lunatic, both of your pokémon following closely behind. The thunder bolt had caused an opening through which light was oozing and, as you attempt to follow the luminosity, you find yourself out of the tunnels completely and back into the theme park itself. As you squint, regaining your proper vision after a rather long time spent below the ground, you glance around. At first, the park seemed as deserted as ever before, out of the corner of your eye, a figure looks to appear. Noticing you, the person, who looks to be a middle-aged woman begins to make pace towards you. In a matter of seconds, the woman is standing right before you and you recognize her slightly. Tall and slender with a mane of silvery white hair, carefully straightened. "Hello darling, would you be able to assist me in something?" Her voice is like the purr of a cat, just as elegant as her whole appearance. Behind you, you feel a tug at the leg of your trousers, before Prestige speaks into your mind, "Isn't she that Karen woman, from Johto?" In an instant, your mind whirs and puts the pieces together, the woman before you is the dark type elite four member of the Johto region, Karen, "Oh, might I also ask your name?" She adds, sweetly, smiling at you before looking down to your two pokémon companions...

What will you do?Alina had never felt so good to be out in the open air. Despite the uncomfortable stillness of the fairgrounds, it felt amazingly pleasant to be here in comparison do those dark and dank tunnels. Her eyes slowly adjusted to the light as she squinted to look around the theme park. It was still as deserted as ever, of course.

"What should we do now?" yawned Prestige before stopping to stare at something off to the side. Alina followed Prestige's gaze, her eyes landing on a slim, middle aged woman with platinum blonde hair, which was carefully straightened. The woman was approaching them at a steady pace as Alina stood in place, dumbly staring at the woman. She seemed so familiar...

Halting in front of Alina, the woman then said with an elegant voice, "Hello darling, would you be able to assist me in something?"

Prestige tugged at Alina's skirt, whispering "Isn't she that Karen woman, from Johto?"

"You're right," Alina mumbled, eyes growing wide. An Elite 4 member? Here? Of all places? She was a dark type user, if she remembered correctly.

Prestige grimaced slightly, "Ew, dark types? I don't really like her so much now."

Alina had to agree with her Kadabra, since she was a person who preferred Psychic types overall. Dark types were definately not her favorite, but still, how could she refuse to help an Elite 4 member. Oh, why couldn't that E4 member have been Will, or something...

"Oh, might I also ask your name?" Karen said while smiling sweetly and bringing Alina back to reality. The young trainer blinked, and stammered "Oh, uh, yeah. My name is Alina, and sure, I'll help. What do you need...?"

Pearl's Perap
3rd May 2009, 7:38 AM
Miasma Heights - Between Areas

Demon Skittle

Having realized completely the identity of the woman before you, Karen, you quickly dwell on wishing it was another Johto elite four member, the psychic type user, Will, before answering her questions. With your acceptance to help her, the woman claps her hands in a rather jolly manner, her whole attitude not what you would expect from a highly powerful dark type user. "Excellent. Thanks for offering to help, Alina. I am here on a personal mission, rather than any official elite business..." she began and, as she did, you noticed her hand slip into the back pocket of her skinny black jeans. Producing her hand before you, the woman offers what looks to be a newspaper clipping. The title of the article she had carefully cut out read 'Miasma Heights: First fire, now Godzilla?' Noticing the rather over the top title, Prestige chuckles to himself before speaking out loud, "Godzilla, isn't he that big dinosaur thing?" Nodding towards the Abra, Karen begins once more, "If you read it, the article speaks of sightings of a rather large Tyranitar around these parts. Apparently it moved here with the park's closure, but no-one has managed to encounter it head on. That's why I'm here." With everything making more and more sense, you hand the clipping back to the elegant woman, "All I need is for you to help me search out the beast. I don't tend to believe in ghosts, but I believe the Fortune Teller's hut may be our best place to start, care to lead the way?" The woman motioned off in the direction which you presume was that of the peculiar hut, said to still house the spirit of the Fortune Teller who once resided there, reading people's future for a mere few coins. "Sounds cool, Alina..." Prestige whispers into your mind as he awaits your decision to move or not. In the vast distance, an echoed roar appears and, as it does, Karen grasps at your arm in excitement, "Did you hear that? I bet you any amount of money that THAT was the Tyranitar..." With the woman's childlike enthusiasm and high status, this is a situation that should not be turned down...

What will you do?

Demon Skittle
3rd May 2009, 7:52 AM
Miasma Heights - Between Areas

Demon Skittle

Having realized completely the identity of the woman before you, Karen, you quickly dwell on wishing it was another Johto elite four member, the psychic type user, Will, before answering her questions. With your acceptance to help her, the woman claps her hands in a rather jolly manner, her whole attitude not what you would expect from a highly powerful dark type user. "Excellent. Thanks for offering to help, Alina. I am here on a personal mission, rather than any official elite business..." she began and, as she did, you noticed her hand slip into the back pocket of her skinny black jeans. Producing her hand before you, the woman offers what looks to be a newspaper clipping. The title of the article she had carefully cut out read 'Miasma Heights: First fire, now Godzilla?' Noticing the rather over the top title, Prestige chuckles to himself before speaking out loud, "Godzilla, isn't he that big dinosaur thing?" Nodding towards the Abra, Karen begins once more, "If you read it, the article speaks of sightings of a rather large Tyranitar around these parts. Apparently it moved here with the park's closure, but no-one has managed to encounter it head on. That's why I'm here." With everything making more and more sense, you hand the clipping back to the elegant woman, "All I need is for you to help me search out the beast. I don't tend to believe in ghosts, but I believe the Fortune Teller's hut may be our best place to start, care to lead the way?" The woman motioned off in the direction which you presume was that of the peculiar hut, said to still house the spirit of the Fortune Teller who once resided there, reading people's future for a mere few coins. "Sounds cool, Alina..." Prestige whispers into your mind as he awaits your decision to move or not. In the vast distance, an echoed roar appears and, as it does, Karen grasps at your arm in excitement, "Did you hear that? I bet you any amount of money that THAT was the Tyranitar..." With the woman's childlike enthusiasm and high status, this is a situation that should not be turned down...

What will you do?"Excellent. Thanks for offering to help, Alina. I am here on a personal mission, rather than any official elite business..." Karen began, passing to Alina a newspaper clipping entitled 'Miasma Heights: First fire, now Godzilla?'

Prestige giggled to himself before stating "Godzilla, isn't he that big dinosaur thing?" Alina couldn't help but smile as well at the exaggerated title. Just the thought of a giant monster stomping through a theme park seemed rediculous. Karen nodded towards Prestige, continuing with her explaination. "If you read it, the article speaks of sightings of a rather large Tyranitar around these parts. Apparently it moved here with the park's closure, but no-one has managed to encounter it head on. That's why I'm here."

"A Tyranitar, you say?" mumbled Alina, now intrigued with the whole situation. If there was one dark type she'd love to have, it was a Tyranitar. Handing the clip back to Karen, the woman continued with on. "All I need is for you to help me search out the beast. I don't tend to believe in ghosts, but I believe the Fortune Teller's hut may be our best place to start, care to lead the way?"

"Sounds cool, Alina..." Prestige whispered, then added, "I still don't want to meet it, however."

Just then, Alina heard a roar off to the distance then felt Karen tug at her arm in excitement. "Did you hear that? I bet you any amount of money that THAT was the Tyranitar..."

Taken aback by the E4 member's childlike demeanor, Alina merely nodded, staring off into the distance in the direction of the roar. Once Karen had released her grasp Alina began to head in the direction of the fortune teller's hut, saying "Alrighty, let's get going. I'd like to see this beastly thing for myself, too."

Pearl's Perap
3rd May 2009, 8:03 AM
Miasma Heights - Between Areas

Demon Skittle

Setting off in what you can only imagine is the direction of the fabled fortune teller's hut, Karen begins to walk a little faster, causing both you and your two pokémon to pick up the pace also, following close behind. The walk seems to take quite a while as you pass a variety of abandoned theme park rides, each one looking even spookier than the last in the palely lit area. After walking for a number of minutes, Karen suddenly breaks the silence. "So, what brings you to this place? Rather a sinister place for a young girl such as yourself..." Before you can even begin, however, Prestige begins to list the various happenings so far to the superior figure, exaggerating each and every detail to make himself seem like he had been the overall complete savior. Annoyed by his egotistical manner, Ana aims a quick jab to his tail with a wooly paw, causing the Kadabra to stop bragging. "Seems like you've got quite the pair here..." Karen chuckled, motioning an arm to the now bickering Kadabra and Flaaffy. Whilst both your attentions are elsewhere with the pokémon, neither of you seem to realize that you have covered the whole park and, before you, is a tiny tent. Purple and orange in color, a sign hung above the door, emblazoned with a large and intricate eye muriel, "Guess this is the place..." Karen murmured, pushing past the draped entrance and entering the darkness, promptly followed by Prestige and Ana. As you too follow into the tent, a rather amazing sight meets your eyes. Sat at a round table, surrounded by all sorts of books and tarot cards is an aged woman. However, you notice she seems to be glowing in a rather ethereal manner, letting you know in an instant that this woman was no longer a physical being. "What is it that you ladies seek?" her voice crackles and a toothless half grin forms on her face...

What will you do?

Demon Skittle
3rd May 2009, 8:23 AM
Miasma Heights - Between Areas

Demon Skittle

Setting off in what you can only imagine is the direction of the fabled fortune teller's hut, Karen begins to walk a little faster, causing both you and your two pokémon to pick up the pace also, following close behind. The walk seems to take quite a while as you pass a variety of abandoned theme park rides, each one looking even spookier than the last in the palely lit area. After walking for a number of minutes, Karen suddenly breaks the silence. "So, what brings you to this place? Rather a sinister place for a young girl such as yourself..." Before you can even begin, however, Prestige begins to list the various happenings so far to the superior figure, exaggerating each and every detail to make himself seem like he had been the overall complete savior. Annoyed by his egotistical manner, Ana aims a quick jab to his tail with a wooly paw, causing the Kadabra to stop bragging. "Seems like you've got quite the pair here..." Karen chuckled, motioning an arm to the now bickering Kadabra and Flaaffy. Whilst both your attentions are elsewhere with the pokémon, neither of you seem to realize that you have covered the whole park and, before you, is a tiny tent. Purple and orange in color, a sign hung above the door, emblazoned with a large and intricate eye muriel, "Guess this is the place..." Karen murmured, pushing past the draped entrance and entering the darkness, promptly followed by Prestige and Ana. As you too follow into the tent, a rather amazing sight meets your eyes. Sat at a round table, surrounded by all sorts of books and tarot cards is an aged woman. However, you notice she seems to be glowing in a rather ethereal manner, letting you know in an instant that this woman was no longer a physical being. "What is it that you ladies seek?" her voice crackles and a toothless half grin forms on her face...

What will you do?Lead the way... right. Having to pick up the pace in order to keep up with Karen, who had now taken the lead, they walked along in silence, until the Elite 4 member said "So, what brings you to this place? Rather a sinister place for a young girl such as yourself..."

Before Alina could even open her mouth Prestige had began his rant "Well you see miss, we were walking along until suddenly Alina collapsed onto the ground. Alberta the Charmander was there at the time, and surely couldn't drag Alina by herself so she called upon me, the amazing Prestige, and we carried Alina to the nearest shelter, the hotel of Miasma Heights. We put her into the most comfortable couch we could find, until suddenly, a Darkrai attacked, knocking out Alberta in one hit. It couldn't trick me though, and I teleported away, freezing it with a Blizzard where I picked up Alina and made our escape. Then, we went into the tunnels before the Darkrai could defrost and follow us, but we needed light. Unable to carry both Alina and light the way, I called upon Ana to light the tunnel for us. But, being the weakling Ana is--"

At this Ana swiftly punched Prestige's back, and he immediately discontinued his rant. Karen chuckled at the two, commenting "Seems like you've got quite the pair here..."

"Yeah, my motley crew..." Alina muttered, glaring at Prestige along with Ana. Finally, they stopped at the entrance to an orange and purple hut, emblazoned with a decorative mural of an eye. "Guess this is the place..." Karen murmured, entering the hut with Ana and Prestige following close behind. As Alina entered the hut she observed tarot cards, crystal balls, and all sorts of supernatural tools. Prestige chuckled as he looked around the hut, saying, "Hmph, human beings having psychic powers and attempting to do what only psychic Pokemon can? Right-o..."

Before the four sat a pale, almost transparent woman who was glowing slightly. It was obvious that she was indeed a ghost of the fortune teller that used to reside here. In a crackling and ghostly voice, the woman said "What is it that you ladies seek?"

Alina was the first to speak. "Yeah, you know that Tyranitar that was seen here? Can you maybe point us in the direction of it, or tell us something useful, or something?"

Pearl's Perap
3rd May 2009, 8:35 AM
The Fortune Teller's Tent

Demon Skittle

Answering the woman's question, you quickly inquire about the whereabouts of the dark rock type Karen wanted to pursue. With your words, the spirit stands up from her chair, pacing around the side of her circular table to stand before you and the elite four trainer. Barely coming up to your waist, the fortune teller's spirit looks up to you, "Seeking the Tyranitar, interesting. In all of the time I have been bound to this place, I have never had two people come to me requesting such similar assistance." Confused by these words, Karen speaks out quickly, "Similar assistance? You mean to tell us that we aren't going to be the only ones hunting down this beast?" Her voice had a shocked tone to it, she had obviously thought that no-one else would have been up to the challenge of engaging the incredible beast in combat. "Yes, a man. He appeared here a number of days previous, seemed rather pushy. Naturally, I sent him in the wrong direction..." With this remark, the ghostly woman chuckled to herself, despite her age and current state, she seemed rather content. Itching to continue on her hunt for the tyrant pokémon, Karen began firing questions at the fortune teller, each one as trivial as the last before the woman stopped her, "The monster has been seen to dwell around the makeshift graveyard. I myself have forseen it there too..." she motioned towards the pale sphere atop her ornate table, a crystal ball with which she must keep an eye on the whole of Miasma Heights. With a firm location, Karen thanked the woman before sharply exiting the hut, calling for you to follow after her. With a nod, the old woman resumes her seat and the curtained doorway opens on its own, offering you passage through, back into the deserted theme park...

What will you do?

Demon Skittle
3rd May 2009, 5:16 PM
The Fortune Teller's Tent

Demon Skittle

Answering the woman's question, you quickly inquire about the whereabouts of the dark rock type Karen wanted to pursue. With your words, the spirit stands up from her chair, pacing around the side of her circular table to stand before you and the elite four trainer. Barely coming up to your waist, the fortune teller's spirit looks up to you, "Seeking the Tyranitar, interesting. In all of the time I have been bound to this place, I have never had two people come to me requesting such similar assistance." Confused by these words, Karen speaks out quickly, "Similar assistance? You mean to tell us that we aren't going to be the only ones hunting down this beast?" Her voice had a shocked tone to it, she had obviously thought that no-one else would have been up to the challenge of engaging the incredible beast in combat. "Yes, a man. He appeared here a number of days previous, seemed rather pushy. Naturally, I sent him in the wrong direction..." With this remark, the ghostly woman chuckled to herself, despite her age and current state, she seemed rather content. Itching to continue on her hunt for the tyrant pokémon, Karen began firing questions at the fortune teller, each one as trivial as the last before the woman stopped her, "The monster has been seen to dwell around the makeshift graveyard. I myself have forseen it there too..." she motioned towards the pale sphere atop her ornate table, a crystal ball with which she must keep an eye on the whole of Miasma Heights. With a firm location, Karen thanked the woman before sharply exiting the hut, calling for you to follow after her. With a nod, the old woman resumes her seat and the curtained doorway opens on its own, offering you passage through, back into the deserted theme park...

What will you do?The woman stood from her chair to slowly wander up to Karen and Alina, seemingly amused by something. She was just barely taller than Ana, and only came up to Alina's waist. Looking up at the two trainers the woman said, "Seeking the Tyranitar, interesting. In all of the time I have been bound to this place, I have never had two people come to me requesting such similar assistance."

Two people? Did she mean just Karen and herself, or was there somebody else with the same mission..? Karen seemed to be thinking along the same lines, quickly speaking, "Similar assistance? You mean to tell us that we aren't going to be the only ones hunting down this beast?"

"Yes, a man," replied the ghost. "He appeared here a number of days previous, seemed rather pushy. Naturally, I sent him in the wrong direction..."

As the woman chuckled to herself, Karen began to fire off question after question, every question seeming trivial and unnecessary. Alina stood off to the side discussing fortune telling and other supernatural things with Prestige as they waited for Karen and looked about the old, dusty hut.

"The monster has been seen to dwell around the makeshift graveyard," continued the ghost. "I myself have foreseen it there too..."

Alina took a quick glance towards the crystal ball on the table before looking out in the direction of the graveyard. The ghost had now wandered back around the table and resumed her position in her chair, the curtained doorway opening on their own. After curtly thanking the woman, Karen sharply exited the hut, beckoning for Alina to follow.

"Um, thank you," said Alina, bowing slightly. "Forgive Karen, she's all hyped about this thing--"

After another call from Karen, Alina quickly waved good bye to the ghostly woman, then ran through the curtained door to catch up with her powerful companion...

Pearl's Perap
3rd May 2009, 9:53 PM
Miasma Heights - Between Areas

Demon Skittle

Exiting the fortune teller's tent as quickly as you entered, due to Karen's enthusiasm about hunting down the Tyranitar, said to be dwelling here in the deserted theme park of Miasma Heights. Behind you, you seem to believe you hear the fortune teller's voice one last time, "Farewell and good luck, little Alina..." Turning to your Kadabra to see if you were merely hearing things, Prestige looks up to you with a slightly confused look. As he turned to you, he projected his telepathic voice into your head once more, "Pretty sure you didn't tell her your name back there, maybe she IS psychic after all." With such a funny notion in his mind, the Kadabra chuckled to himself. As you catch up to Karen, she grins at both you and Prestige, "Looks like we've got ourselves a location. I'm still confused about this second person though..." With her words, she turned to walk off once more, heading off towards the makeshift graveyard. As you and your little crew continue pacing across the theme park once more, you come to a humongous tent, obviously the place rumoured to have battle competitions against the most dangerous of foes. "I'd love to try my luck in there, it's rumoured to be packed with ghosts and my dark types would show them what for..." Prestige looked up to you, despite her being a trainer of the type powerful against his own, he admired the woman. Located behind the tent were several large plaques, each one engraved with the names of the children lost in the ride and a whole variety of sentimental items. Despite her constant haste so far, the elite four member stops to take in the names. Minutes go by as the woman stands in silence, absorbing all the names. "Such a horrific event, it was apparently started by a pokémon. I sure as God hope it wasn't that Tyranitar, that could put us in serious danger." It seemed only know that she was realizing the severity of the situation she could be putting both you and herself in. Despite this moment of dwelling, however, she turns to you before pointing behind her. As you avert your gaze to see what she is pointing at, you notice a rather beaten track, leading into a small thicket, "The graveyard is through these woods, I can imagine it would be a really tranquil place...if the theme park wasn't deserted..." Without waiting for any confirmation from you, the woman turns heels once more, walking towards the path and into the woods. In a matter of seconds, you hear the woman cry out and, after following, realize she has been ambushed by a horde of pokémon. Before the two of you are a pair of angry Drowzee and a Hypno, "I'll take the Drowzee, you take the Hypno..." she barks to you, grasping two pokéballs from a deep pocket. In a flash, a huge Drapion and a ferocious Mightyena appear before Karen, the hyena baying for the chance to battle. Turning to you with a smile, Karen utters a singular word, "Go!"

What will you do?

Demon Skittle
3rd May 2009, 11:28 PM
Miasma Heights - Between Areas

Demon Skittle

Exiting the fortune teller's tent as quickly as you entered, due to Karen's enthusiasm about hunting down the Tyranitar, said to be dwelling here in the deserted theme park of Miasma Heights. Behind you, you seem to believe you hear the fortune teller's voice one last time, "Farewell and good luck, little Alina..." Turning to your Kadabra to see if you were merely hearing things, Prestige looks up to you with a slightly confused look. As he turned to you, he projected his telepathic voice into your head once more, "Pretty sure you didn't tell her your name back there, maybe she IS psychic after all." With such a funny notion in his mind, the Kadabra chuckled to himself. As you catch up to Karen, she grins at both you and Prestige, "Looks like we've got ourselves a location. I'm still confused about this second person though..." With her words, she turned to walk off once more, heading off towards the makeshift graveyard. As you and your little crew continue pacing across the theme park once more, you come to a humongous tent, obviously the place rumoured to have battle competitions against the most dangerous of foes. "I'd love to try my luck in there, it's rumoured to be packed with ghosts and my dark types would show them what for..." Prestige looked up to you, despite her being a trainer of the type powerful against his own, he admired the woman. Located behind the tent were several large plaques, each one engraved with the names of the children lost in the ride and a whole variety of sentimental items. Despite her constant haste so far, the elite four member stops to take in the names. Minutes go by as the woman stands in silence, absorbing all the names. "Such a horrific event, it was apparently started by a pokémon. I sure as God hope it wasn't that Tyranitar, that could put us in serious danger." It seemed only know that she was realizing the severity of the situation she could be putting both you and herself in. Despite this moment of dwelling, however, she turns to you before pointing behind her. As you avert your gaze to see what she is pointing at, you notice a rather beaten track, leading into a small thicket, "The graveyard is through these woods, I can imagine it would be a really tranquil place...if the theme park wasn't deserted..." Without waiting for any confirmation from you, the woman turns heels once more, walking towards the path and into the woods. In a matter of seconds, you hear the woman cry out and, after following, realize she has been ambushed by a horde of pokémon. Before the two of you are a pair of angry Drowzee and a Hypno, "I'll take the Drowzee, you take the Hypno..." she barks to you, grasping two pokéballs from a deep pocket. In a flash, a huge Drapion and a ferocious Mightyena appear before Karen, the hyena baying for the chance to battle. Turning to you with a smile, Karen utters a singular word, "Go!"

What will you do?"Farewell and good luck, little Alina..."

The trainer spun around, searching for the source of the voice that she had just heard. However, only Prestige and Ana stood behind Alina, staring back at her in silence. Prestige smiled slightly, then stated, "Pretty sure you didn't tell her your name back there, maybe she IS psychic after all."

Once the trio had caught up with Karen, the E4 member turned to them, grinning "Looks like we've got ourselves a location. I'm still confused about this second person though..."

Alina was more concerned than confused about the 2nd man. According to the fortune teller this man was rather pushy, and seemed to want to find this Tyranitar as much as Karen. She was convinced that this man would probably be trouble for them if their paths ever crossed.

As Karen and the trio crossed the theme park in the direction of the graveyard, they passed a rather large circus tent, which must have been the place rumored to have dangerous competitions held here. Karen remarked, "I'd love to try my luck in there, it's rumoured to be packed with ghosts and my dark types would show them what for..."

"My Gastly would probably be at home in a place like that," Alina murmured, briefly glancing at the tent. She could sense that Prestige had some sort of admiration for the dark type trainer, but said nothing of it. Finally, they stopped at the edge of the make-shift graveyard, located behind the gigantic tent. Plaques and assorted memoirs were scattered across the ground, names of the fallen engraved into every plaque. Alina stopped before a plaque engraved with the name "Jeremy" and stared for a moment as Karen wandered about observing each and every plaque. "Such a horrific event, it was apparently started by a pokémon," Karen began. "I sure as God hope it wasn't that Tyranitar, that could put us in serious danger."

"You think?" Prestige whispered to Alina. He never liked the idea of chasing a big, scary dark type, especially a giant one. Karen then turned to Alina, pointing behind her, "The graveyard is through these woods, I can imagine it would be a really tranquil place...if the theme park wasn't deserted..."

"I don't like the sound of that..." Alina began, but Karen had already started walking towards the forest. Sighing, Alina followed Karen along the path into the woods, despite her worries. And naturally, in a matter of seconds, Karen was ambushed by two Drowzee and a Hypno.

"I'll take the Drowzee, you take the Hypno..." she ordered to Alina. Alina nodded and dug through her pocket to find Ana's Pokeball, pulling it out and sucking the sheep back into the red and white ball. She wasn't fit for another battle anyway. Prestige jumped before the Hypno, readying himself for battle, but Alina pulled out another Pokeball, and sucked her Kadabra back into his own ball as well. The trainer ignored her Pokemon's cursing from within his Pokeball and pulled out a third red and white ball.

"You could use some fresh air, couldn't you, Iggy?" Alina smiled, tossing the ball into the air, and in a flash of red light releasing the gigantic, fiery ferret. Ignatius the Typhlosion stretched and yawned widely, scratching his chin as he observed the Hypno before him. He figured, now that he was fully evolved, that he no longer needed to do any "work," since he felt the third stage of evolution allowed him to "retire."

"Okay, Iggy," Alina said as she shoved her Typhlosion closer to the Hypno. Ignatius scoffed, hating to be dragged out of his "retirement" to battle, but then again, he couldn't refuse a battle. Alina continued issuing orders, "Begin with a Wish and Howl, then go in for a Flare Blitz."

Amras.MG
4th May 2009, 11:27 PM
The Underbelly

Amras.MG
Having issued several more attacks for the incredibly pumped Houndour, you watch the battle begin to unfold before yours and the woman's eyes once more. The little puppy careered into the centre of the room, leaping at the table, causing the Honchkrow to take flight once more. As the dark pokémon lands atop the table, he barks loudly, his whole body engulfed in flames before they are expelled upwards at the crow. With the flames nearing the bird, it cries out in horror, but it cannot move in time. The fire attacks damages the bird severely and it lands in the rafters, not retaliating at the moment. "Wow, that thing almost seems...scared..." Rochelle murmured, looking towards you with a puzzled look on her face. As she does, you begin to question her, with the battle on hold for the moment. "The thing is, I don't know an incredible lot about this place. I have been here for a number of months on and off, I'm looking for somebody you see..." She looked away with these words, obviously not wanting to look you in the eye at the moment. As the woman turns, you notice her hand slide into her pocket, removing a minimized sphere. In a split second, a red flash leads to a pokémon materializing before you, "Meet Malice..." The pokémon was a Houndour with a black collar. Without warning, Rensing careers past you, forgetting his battle to rub up against the other Houndour, "You see, this is Rensing's sister..." However, before the two can properly become acquainted, the Honchkrow swoops into action once more, flying directly at both the pups. Remembering himself, Rensing leaps up quickly, firing a burst of purple flames in the form of dragon rage. With this attack, the bird screeches once more. This time, though, it continues the assault, flying in with another wing attack. Again, the pup manages to dodge, landing on the huge crow's back. As the Honchkrow flies upwards, the tiny canine bites into its neck, fangs sparking like before. With a frenzied shake, the Houndour drops down to the ground once more. Looking on, you see that the flying type is beginning to falter, landing on the ground a matter of metres away, "Yes! The last attack paralyzed it..." Rochelle cried out. With the battle over for the moment, the bird struggling with its new body condition, the Houndour's reunite once more, "We can talk more later, right now we need to get rid of this foe, that door at the back of the room is where we need to go through!"

What will you do?[/color]

Rensing continues to surprise Amras, dealing massive damage to his much more powerful foe and effectively turning the tide in the battle. With a few massive attacks being unleashed on it all at once, Honckrow was starting to look pretty weak, and Amras knew that he needed to end the battle now... and not just because they needed to keep moving. These catacombs were giving Rensing some sort of crazy battle lust, and until he was able to determine if this was a good or bad thing, Amras knew he had to keep Rensing's orders quick, focused, and decisive. Also bombarding Amras' train of thought was Rochelle's sudden admission of being the trainer of Rensing's brother, which he knew immediately to be true due to the two Houndour's obvious comfort with each other. Deciding that he could work through the various possibilities of this development after the Honckrow was defeated, Amras nodded in agreement with Rochelle's comment about defeating the bird and returned his focus to the battle. Holding the Strange Key tightly in his hand and turning Rensing back towards the battle, promising him a reunion after Honckrow was defeated, Amras began to detail this round's battles for his puppy, before edging ever closer to the door at the back of the room with Rochelle and Rensing's sister.

"Rensing, you're doing super awesome! Let's finish Honckrow off! Use a Fire Spin to trap it there, then Thunder Fang! If it's still concious, finish it off with a Dragon Rage!"

Pearl's Perap
10th May 2009, 10:58 PM
[Little later than expected, been watching Desperate Housewives rather busy. I hope these two are good ^_^]

Miasma Heights (Between Areas)

Demon Skittle
Having to act quickly to assist your elite companion with the new threat, two Drowzee and a single Hypno, you decide that the best pokémon to get rid of the evolved psychic type would be your first pokémon, Ignatius the Typhlosion. As the sleek fire type materialized out of his pokéball, he did a wide stretch followed up by a yawn. Being fully evolved, he would much rather relax than have to battle, but he wasn't at the age of retirement just yet. Seeing the fact he had a rather powerful looking Hypno before him that he was required to deal with, you notice him perk up slightly, it was going to be more of a challenge than he had expected. With your pokémon released, Karen's two companions look over to Ignatius, nodding in a rather friendly manner, despite their dark personas. It is at that point that Karen utters several attacks to each and the battle begins. Both of her powerful pokémon leaping forwards at their respective Drowzee, you realize that now is the time for a few commands for the Typhlosion. Readying himself, Ignatius pads forwards in the direction of the psychic pokémon. You notice him close his eyes as he does so, already beginning his initial attack. In mere seconds, his flames begin to burn even brighter than ever as his wish becomes granted. A look of shock overcomes to Hypno before him and, not wanting to be at a disadvantage, clamps his eyes shut too, also apparently wishing for a better battle. However, as the psychic type begins to wish, Ignatius takes the time to begin a guttural howl, the act disturbing Hypno and causing him to completely lose his focus, his wish going ungranted. Angered, the pokémon throws both arms in the air before opening his mouth wide, an orb of psychic energy forming in the centre of him before he throws it in the direction of the Typhlosion, the Psychic attack knocking him sidewards but not damaging him as much as it should have done, due to his previous wish. As the Typhlosion regains his posture once more, standing up from all fours to look even more intimidating, his flames begin to burn brighter than ever. However, rather than merely remaining upon his shoulders, the inferno begins to rip across his whole being, engulfing him in a ball of flames. It is at this moment that Karen gasps, glancing over to you and your own personal battle, "Flare Blitz, that Typhlosion must be rather powerful..." With this comment, it was time for Ignatius to complete his attack, nodding backwards at you and Karen before lunging forth at the Hypno. As the two make contact, the flames tear at the psychic type also as he cries out in pain, scratching at the opponent to get him away. With his final attack issued, the Typhlosion pads back to his beginning location, the flames having damaged him in the process of the Flare Blitz. Despite this, Ignatius has plenty of game left in him, not having used up much energy and having only lost a portion of hitpoints. Having finished, he looks back to you, awaiting several more commands for the battle. At exactly the same point, Karen's pokémon leap backwards, landing nearby. Glancing into the trees, you notice two rather battered looking Drowzee, they still appeared to be ready to spar, but were looking a little worse for wear. "Round two, let's go!" Karen barks, all three of the pokémon nodding, your Typhlosion included. Despite his initial displeasure towards being dragged out of his pokéball to battle, he seemed pumped to continue...

What will you do?

The Underbelly

Amras.MG
With several attacks to finish the battle and a few encouraging words for the Houndour pup, he nods, ready to spar with the large crow once more. As he lunges forwards, you quickly begin a pursuit after the woman and her female puppy. Rensing begins his first attack, stopping in his tracks before spewing out a tornadoesque flame right in the direction of the grounded bird. Lapped by the flames, the bird squawks, engulfed in the damaging heat. Not wasting any of its vital seconds left, the wild crow rushes at Rensing with all its might, both wings glowing a bright white. However, you notice that the Houndour, obviously prepared, leaps above the bird in the final moment. Landing on the Honchkrow's back, Rensing's teeth begin to spark once more, seemingly firing out more electrical energy than usual as the pup sinks his serrated fangs deep into the crow's plump back. It is at that point when you have to cover your ears. Obviously in a great deal of pain, the Honchkrow had began an earsplitting scream, deep from within itself, before collapsing dramatically in a heap, the Houndour still firmly gripping at its back. [Lvl up for Rensing the Houndour] Having managed to fell the great crow, the pup rushes towards you, diving at your feet before attempting to scale you, licking at your hands and face. "Good job, Rensing..." Rochelle coos, stroking him under the chin, "...but we need to get going." Before you can even program the girl's words into your mind, she has already grasped the odd key from your grip and was sliding it into the aged lock. With a comforting click as the key slid into its desired location, the gate swings open and the girl rushes in, expecting you and the puppies to follow. Past the gate was a winding tunnel, completely dark with an odd light eminating from the end. Through the tunnel, you gasp in awe. Rochelle had led you to what appeared to be some sort of chapel. However, unlike any normal location of worship, the whole placed seemed to be smeared with an odd crimson paint. Closer inspection created a horrifying revelation, it was not paint at all, it was blood. "Look, up there!" Rochelle's voice pulls you away from the disgusting site, her hand shaking as she pointed up towards a bench of sorts. Upon the bench appeared to be a skeleton and, as you and her both run for a better look, you notice a note clamped in the grip of its dead hand. Wasting no time at all, the woman accompanying you pulls at the paper, before quickly scanning it and tossing it backwards to you.


Doom

With a closer inspection, it became apparent that it was not the complete message. A scorch mark on the side highlighted this fact. "We need to keep moving, this place is far more sinister than I expected..." Rochelle murmured, the tone of her voice had changed drastically, she almost seemed scared. As the two of you turn, a figure is now present a few metres from the tunneled entrance. Squinting, due to the distance and badly lit room, you notice that the figure is a cloaked man. With the pair of you frozen in fear, a grin masks the mans face. "This is the end of the road for YOU!" he cackles as a second figure emerges from behind him, the figure of a pokémon. It isn't until the pokémon disappears and re-appears beside you that you realize what is going on, but it is merely too late. Gripped by the pokémon, which turned out to be a rather sinister looking Gallade, the room begins to change. Your stomach lurches as you hurtle through a tunnel of a purple hue, obviously deep in teleportation. However, as you begin to arrive, the psychic pokémon thumps your female companion hard and she yelps before losing conciousness. As you panic, the Gallade stops, leaving you in a completely new location. With a quick scan of the location, you notice you are now located in a dark cell, the gates firmly locked and a second skeleton crouched in the corner. With Rochelle unconcious, you spin around, awaiting the sounds of the Houndours. It is only then that you realize the two are no longer present, obviously still in the sinister chapel. Waking up your knowledgeable companion is going to be the key now...

What will you do?

Demon Skittle
11th May 2009, 3:40 AM
[Little later than expected, been watching Desperate Housewives rather busy. I hope these two are good ^_^]

Miasma Heights (Between Areas)

Demon Skittle
Having to act quickly to assist your elite companion with the new threat, two Drowzee and a single Hypno, you decide that the best pokémon to get rid of the evolved psychic type would be your first pokémon, Ignatius the Typhlosion. As the sleek fire type materialized out of his pokéball, he did a wide stretch followed up by a yawn. Being fully evolved, he would much rather relax than have to battle, but he wasn't at the age of retirement just yet. Seeing the fact he had a rather powerful looking Hypno before him that he was required to deal with, you notice him perk up slightly, it was going to be more of a challenge than he had expected. With your pokémon released, Karen's two companions look over to Ignatius, nodding in a rather friendly manner, despite their dark personas. It is at that point that Karen utters several attacks to each and the battle begins. Both of her powerful pokémon leaping forwards at their respective Drowzee, you realize that now is the time for a few commands for the Typhlosion. Readying himself, Ignatius pads forwards in the direction of the psychic pokémon. You notice him close his eyes as he does so, already beginning his initial attack. In mere seconds, his flames begin to burn even brighter than ever as his wish becomes granted. A look of shock overcomes to Hypno before him and, not wanting to be at a disadvantage, clamps his eyes shut too, also apparently wishing for a better battle. However, as the psychic type begins to wish, Ignatius takes the time to begin a guttural howl, the act disturbing Hypno and causing him to completely lose his focus, his wish going ungranted. Angered, the pokémon throws both arms in the air before opening his mouth wide, an orb of psychic energy forming in the centre of him before he throws it in the direction of the Typhlosion, the Psychic attack knocking him sidewards but not damaging him as much as it should have done, due to his previous wish. As the Typhlosion regains his posture once more, standing up from all fours to look even more intimidating, his flames begin to burn brighter than ever. However, rather than merely remaining upon his shoulders, the inferno begins to rip across his whole being, engulfing him in a ball of flames. It is at this moment that Karen gasps, glancing over to you and your own personal battle, "Flare Blitz, that Typhlosion must be rather powerful..." With this comment, it was time for Ignatius to complete his attack, nodding backwards at you and Karen before lunging forth at the Hypno. As the two make contact, the flames tear at the psychic type also as he cries out in pain, scratching at the opponent to get him away. With his final attack issued, the Typhlosion pads back to his beginning location, the flames having damaged him in the process of the Flare Blitz. Despite this, Ignatius has plenty of game left in him, not having used up much energy and having only lost a portion of hitpoints. Having finished, he looks back to you, awaiting several more commands for the battle. At exactly the same point, Karen's pokémon leap backwards, landing nearby. Glancing into the trees, you notice two rather battered looking Drowzee, they still appeared to be ready to spar, but were looking a little worse for wear. "Round two, let's go!" Karen barks, all three of the pokémon nodding, your Typhlosion included. Despite his initial displeasure towards being dragged out of his pokéball to battle, he seemed pumped to continue...

What will you do?Iggy smiled viciously at the Hypno before closing his eyes, his usual conceited demeanor turning into a composed one as he wished away for a good battle. As he ignited the ring of flames around his neck, his eyes opened, appearing calm and confident. The flames on his back were bright and intense; Even Alina could feel the heat from where she stood. The Hypno's eyes grew wide in an "oh ****" look, and, not wanting to be at a disadvantage, closed his own eyes to wish for his own luck in battle. Ignatius, again giving the Hypno a toothy grin before continuing with his next move, gave a menacing Howl. The psychic Pokemon snapped his eyes open, breaking his concentration on the wish, thus leaving it ungranted. Frustrated with his opponent, the Hypno threw its arms into the air, forming some sort of psychic energy in his mouth before throwing the orb directly towards Ignatius. Despite hitting him directly, Ignatius merely brushed the attack off by stumbling back, stretching, and smiling widely. Didn't bother him at all, it seemed. The flames around his neck grew more intense as he prepared his final order. Wanting to make this move extra flashy as he showed off to the others around him, he took his dear old time, as a flaming inferno surrounded his body.

"Flare Blitz, that Typhlosion must be rather powerful..." Karen exclaimed, watching as Ignatius began to rush forward with flames and embers trailing behind him. Alina smiled with glee, not bothering to keep any modesty as she said "Yeeeeah, I know."

In a shower of embers the Flare Blitz met its target, causing it to cry out in pain as it scrambled to get away from the flames. Iggy pulled himself away and rushed back to his original position, extinguishing the flames around him to prevent any further damage to himself. Ironic how a fire type like himself could be burned by his own move, but at least it was the only real damage he had taken to himself. His sleek fur had some spots that appeared charred, but he still looked virtually unscathed and raring to continue. The other two dark type Pokemon had finished their own orders shortly after, trotting back into position in front of their trainer. The two Drowzee looked tattered and beaten, worn down by the relentless moves of Karen's Drapion and Mightyena. The Hypno didn't look very fit for battle himself, as it stumbled it, fur charred from the Typhlosion's attack.

"Round two, let's go!" Karen called out, the three Pokemon preparing themselves for the next set of moves. As Karen issued her commands, Alina ordered, "Throw it off with another Howl as you rush up to it with a Quick Attack! While you're close to it, use Lava Plume and burn it!"

Ignatius's grin widened as he threw his head back for another Howl...

Fangirl
18th May 2009, 5:08 AM
(Alright, my ragtag lot, welcome to my group! I’m sorry about the delay, but sadly, IRL has taken some…tragic…turns, and I’ve been distracted. Still, the show much go on, and go on it will, here in the fantabulous Miasma Heights! Now, I ask that everyone in my group please check their signatures to make sure all Regi links and team info are up-to-date, to make my servicing of you that much easier for the both of us.)

The Restaurant

Psychopath: Feeling a new rush of confidence as your dragonfly powerhouse gains new prowess through evolution, it takes you far too long to give Valor his orders, leaving Freeze to stare angrily at you, silently demanding your participation. Finally coming to your senses, you give Valor very concise orders, prompting him to spring into action.

Immediately he summons all of his elemental experience, thick vines bursting up through the ground around him, sending cracked and splintering tiles through the hair as they fling forwards, wrapping with a death hold around Victory’s leg. She looses a high pitched scream as she’s jerked off her feet, landing on the marble hard. Before she can think to get away, or Oscar can think to order commands, Valor then opens his maw wide, the temperature in the room dropping violently as a million tiny ice crystals form between his jaws, before powering forward in a flurry of ice cold water and frost, striking Victory on the back. The Gabite screeches in agony, the sound turning every stomach bin the room as all eyes watch her writhe in turmoil, before suddenly falling limp. A sad, ill look crosses Oscar’s face as he recalls her silently, his young heart obviously reaching out to his Pokemon in sympathy.

“You did well, Vicky.” He sighs as he pockets the ball, and shoots you a benevolent but still somewhat dirty look. He doesn’t even bother to wait for Freeze’s call, more than aware that he lost, and in the worst way. Level up for Digga’ and Valor!

“So what’s this you needed help with, then?” He asks, crossing his arms. “A woman right? I suppose I’m obligated to help, since you did beat me, but I can’t do anything unless you tell me what I’m supposed to be helping with!”

What will you do?

The Circus Tent

Weebos: Following your Pokemon’s lead, you and he trudge towards the ratty old circus tent. Even from a distance, you can hear the supporting frame whine and groan under every slight breeze, threatening to collapse, while it’s once colorful tarp walls flap about listlessly, their previously eyecatching hues now reduced to dull browns and yellows. Despite its age and sinister surroundings, however, it looks genuinely uninteresting. Still, you’re not one to judge a book by its cover (or are you?), so you press forwards anyway, catching peaking into its confines as you near thanks to the gaping holes and long tears than years of disrepair and abuse have wrought. Through these miniature windows into what should have been a darker realm, you find yourself vaguely disappointed; all you can see from outside is a weed-speckled center ring and the very edge of what you assume are the old bleachers. Still, you retain the hope that it looks more sinister and promising from the inside, and after a few laps around the structure, you find the entrance flap, hidden with eerie perfection behind an old plywood prop of a clown’s face. You heave it out of the way easily and fiddle with the flaps before getting them open, plunging your head I first to check for danger and unpleasantries, before finally clamoring inside.

To your dismay, you realize almost immediately it’s not that much more interesting from the inside. The majority of the tent is taken up by the ring you spied earlier, and to your dismay, the entire thing really is just bare, save for a few candy wrappers and a mess of dandelions. The bleachers meanwhile, though collapsed in the center thanks to woodrot, don’t look terribly menacing or malicious, and in fact, the only thing even remotely threatening about the place is the smell of mildewed tent that surrounds you and permeates your senses.

Disappointed, you and Voodoo wander listlessly around the tent, nosing around the nooks and crannies, hoping to find something to salvage your interest. You find little though outside of the occasional Spinarak who flees back to its den at the side of you, or the occasional abandoned Ratatta nest. Fed up, you decide this wasn’t worth the calories expended to get you inside, and, Voodoo in tow, march angrily back to the exit , only to yelp in sheer horror as your foot catches on something and sends you tumbling down like a giant down a beanstalk. Whimpering in pain you roll over to inspect what it was that caused you to fall so gracelessly, and to your interest, realize it’s a dull black leather trunk, buried almost completely in the ground. Amazed that you could have missed it in your trek around the tent, you employ Voodoo to help you unearth it, and soon enough you’ve scraped enough soil and sand from it to allow the lid to open.

Inside, you find it lined in soft, bright red velvet, and almost empty, save for a small tophat—barely big enough to fit atop your curled fist, and a featureless gray ragdoll, with a note pinned to its chest. It reads:

Signore, Signori, come all, come one!
Miasma Fantasma is here!
With my ringleader’s hat, I will show you great fun,
Don’t be shy, you have nothing to fear.

What will you do?


Mantine Mania

Hayward: Uninterested in causing unnecessary strife between yourself and the dopy Pokemon—after all, you’re a pacifist at heart, aren’t you?—you instruct Medeo to relay the news that you do, sincerely, come in peace, and wish only to help the poor young Cacnea that has been trusted in your care. Nodding obediently, your Meditite obeys, trudging to the very bow of the little watercraft you and he are so delicately positioned on. He leans carefully over the front edge, and begins to slowly explain the situation to Slowpoke via a myriad of Pokemon noises you’ll never understand, but as hard as he seems to be trying, Slowpoke doesn’t seem to get it. It yawns, it’s oversized maw opening wide, before lurching forwards, it fat jaws closing around the bow of the boat, inches from Medeo, who shrieks and flings backwards to avoid a timely demise via the jaws of a rabid Slowpoke…

…or not. Slowpoke seems more than pleased to gnaw at the bow of your boat lazily, and doesn’t seem to be malevolent in the least. In fact, all it seems to be is stupid, hungry, and in your way. You could probably defeat it shamefully easily in battle, but assaulting it just to get it to move is about as callous as pushing an autistic child off the swing set just so you could have your turn. Chances are good that it would move if its hunger was satiated, and you recall there a few concession stands not too far away. Sure, they’ve been out of service for years, but as much junk as they sell at fairs, you could probably find something loaded with enough MSG to still be edible.

What will you do?

Pearl's Perap
18th May 2009, 5:09 AM
[Re-introducing Tale into my group, finally got some ideas for his adventure, let's hope it's a good un! :}]

The Merry Maze

Tale
Having turned from the sinister fountain, hands still appearing to claw from its very depths, you notice the previous Gastly, though looking a little motheaten since he had last appeared, having taken a few good hits in the last encounter. Alongside the spherical spectre is one of the more beautiful ghost types, a Misdreavus. Not noticing the feminine ghost at first, you bark your commands at Friedrich to take down the Gastly. Acting fast, the crayfish turns his head upwards, firing several blue bubbles up at the ghost. Continuing the bubbles, the ghast quickly becomes irritated, swooping quickly from his height down to the Corphish's level. Arriving in an instant, the ghost sticks out its large pink tongue, dragging it up the face of his foe. The attack happened to fulfill its very purpose, bringing on a bodybinding paralysis every so often to interfere with the pokémon's ability to spar. Having landed a successful hit, the Gastly is quick to get cocky, turning once more to return to his original spot, wafting through the air in a victory dance, long before its time. Visibly disgruntled by the ghost thinking the paralysis would be the last of him, Friedrich begins his bubbles once more. This time, however, the bubbles form in higher quantities and with a complete different make-up. The spheres appeared to be a bubbling lava of sorts and, as they drifted towards the ghast, they popped, each single one burning him severely. Unable to take another attack, the Gastly gives in, dropping to the floor in a heap. With the Gastly taken care of at last, Friedrich sighs a sigh of relief before the both of you turn your attentions back to the Misdreavus with questions. "Foul spectre? I'll have you know I'm quite the respectable ghoul, actually..." the female spirit hisses, her voice oddly calming, "I am nothing like that persistant ghast, always forcing battles upon unwilling humans." With the Misdreavus' rather relaxed tone and comments of the Gastly, Friedrich tugs at your leg, rather confused with the matter. Noticing this, the Misdreavus swoops to your chest level, before darting off in the direction of the fountain. "You see, I normally like to test out the humans myself, I just like to be polite. We ghost pokémon are seen as frightening creatures at best, it is rather saddening if you ask me. Contrary to popular belief, some ghosts are nicer than any other pokémon." Nodding, the Misdreavus swoops once more, this time to the level of Friedrich. "This time, however, I have no need to test you, your battle with Gastly proved the power behind you and your Corphish." With a playful chuckle, she turns to you once more, disappearing in a flash of white light. Confused, you spin around, looking in every direction for the ghost who had been before you mere seconds before. The Corphish is quick to sense the location of the Misdreavus, however, leaping onto the rim of the regal marble fountain once more. You notice him looking into the depths of the the liquid within it, as if he could see something you could not. In a split second, the ghost reappeared once more above the fountain, crying out to Friedrich. It was too late, though, one of the spectral claws from before had returned to the surface, dragging the crayfish deep into the foul waters. Dashing forwards, you notice a final attempt to claw his way out, but it doesn't work out. "I'm so sorry, I really am. Quick, the only way you'll get him back is if you dive in after him." the Misdreavus squeaks, a sense of fear in her voice. If it were any normal time, you would have been able to analyze this seemingly nice ghost more, but there was no time...

What will you do?


Miasma Heights ~ Between areas

Demon Skittle
With a new set of battle commands for Ignatius, the Typhlosion nods before turning back to his foe, a slightly singed Hypno. To your side, you hear Karen utter a few commands and look on as her Drapion and Mightyena lunge forth, relentlessly tossing their foes around the clearing, the Drowzee crying out in pain and torment. Returning your glance to the woman, she appears to be relishing in her pokémon's ruthlessness, as if she was gaining satisfaction in watching them crush the pair of psychic pokémon. Nonetheless, your focus returns to Ignatius, who has began to howl louder than ever before hurtling at full speed towards the hypnotic monster before him. His howls alone had appeared to have intimidate the Hypno, however, despite this he is quick to open his mouth for his opening attack. As he opened wide, a bizarre gas began to come from his very innards, it looked to be rather poisonous. Coming ever close, Ignatius ignores the poison cloud, firing a plume of flames from his back without thinking. Everything changes in a mere second. With the toxic mixture of gases and a flame attack, a small explosion had occured, knocking both you and Karen onto the damp grass. Managing to sit up with ease, only having recieved a graze or two, you look up to see both Ignatius and the Hypno struggling to stand properly. Your female companions pokémon seem to have taken minor damage from the occurence, but nothing threatening. It needn't have mattered anyway, they had easily taken down both Drowzee and had began to return to Karen who, like you, was sat upon the sodden grass. As claw and teeth met the woman, both the pokémon and their trainer seemed to under-go a complete personality transplant once more. Showing signs of compassion, rather than the fearsomeness that had reared its ugly head in the battle, Karen returned to her normal self. "Keep at it, Alina, you're doing great. I know Ignatius can pull through this." With the woman's words, you notice that she is correct. In the clearing, both pokémon had managed to withstand their ground, the Hypno beginning to look quite worried. As Ignatius regains himself, the psychic pokémon is quick to place up a barrier to defend himself in the next rounds, "Cheap strategy..." Karen mutters to your side, a humorous hint to her voice, "With the Drowzee taken care of, I'm just gonna run ahead, finish the Hypno and catch up to me, okay?" Karen asked not expecting a reply. In a matter of seconds she had pulled herself upwards, returning both her dark types to their respective balls before dashing off through the once-blocked path, leaping over a knocked out Drowzee as she did. Pulling yourself to your feet once more also, you attempt to concentrate on the battle at hand once more. However, despite this, you can't help but notice something in the corner of your eye. A figure behind a tree almost. However, unlike any other type of experience like this, turning around actually revealed what everyone dreads, there was actually someone behind a nearby tree. Noticing you, the figure, who appears to be cloaked, dashes off through the surrounding foliage, appearing to head in the direction of the makeshift graveyard, exactly where Karen would now be located, attempting to find more clues on the whereabouts of the Tyranitar she was searching for so eagerly...

What will you do?

Tale
18th May 2009, 5:00 PM
[Re-introducing Tale into my group, finally got some ideas for his adventure, let's hope it's a good un! :}]

The Merry Maze

Tale
Having turned from the sinister fountain, hands still appearing to claw from its very depths, you notice the previous Gastly, though looking a little motheaten since he had last appeared, having taken a few good hits in the last encounter. Alongside the spherical spectre is one of the more beautiful ghost types, a Misdreavus. Not noticing the feminine ghost at first, you bark your commands at Friedrich to take down the Gastly. Acting fast, the crayfish turns his head upwards, firing several blue bubbles up at the ghost. Continuing the bubbles, the ghast quickly becomes irritated, swooping quickly from his height down to the Corphish's level. Arriving in an instant, the ghost sticks out its large pink tongue, dragging it up the face of his foe. The attack happened to fulfill its very purpose, bringing on a bodybinding paralysis every so often to interfere with the pokémon's ability to spar. Having landed a successful hit, the Gastly is quick to get cocky, turning once more to return to his original spot, wafting through the air in a victory dance, long before its time. Visibly disgruntled by the ghost thinking the paralysis would be the last of him, Friedrich begins his bubbles once more. This time, however, the bubbles form in higher quantities and with a complete different make-up. The spheres appeared to be a bubbling lava of sorts and, as they drifted towards the ghast, they popped, each single one burning him severely. Unable to take another attack, the Gastly gives in, dropping to the floor in a heap. With the Gastly taken care of at last, Friedrich sighs a sigh of relief before the both of you turn your attentions back to the Misdreavus with questions. "Foul spectre? I'll have you know I'm quite the respectable ghoul, actually..." the female spirit hisses, her voice oddly calming, "I am nothing like that persistant ghast, always forcing battles upon unwilling humans." With the Misdreavus' rather relaxed tone and comments of the Gastly, Friedrich tugs at your leg, rather confused with the matter. Noticing this, the Misdreavus swoops to your chest level, before darting off in the direction of the fountain. "You see, I normally like to test out the humans myself, I just like to be polite. We ghost pokémon are seen as frightening creatures at best, it is rather saddening if you ask me. Contrary to popular belief, some ghosts are nicer than any other pokémon." Nodding, the Misdreavus swoops once more, this time to the level of Friedrich. "This time, however, I have no need to test you, your battle with Gastly proved the power behind you and your Corphish." With a playful chuckle, she turns to you once more, disappearing in a flash of white light. Confused, you spin around, looking in every direction for the ghost who had been before you mere seconds before. The Corphish is quick to sense the location of the Misdreavus, however, leaping onto the rim of the regal marble fountain once more. You notice him looking into the depths of the the liquid within it, as if he could see something you could not. In a split second, the ghost reappeared once more above the fountain, crying out to Friedrich. It was too late, though, one of the spectral claws from before had returned to the surface, dragging the crayfish deep into the foul waters. Dashing forwards, you notice a final attempt to claw his way out, but it doesn't work out. "I'm so sorry, I really am. Quick, the only way you'll get him back is if you dive in after him." the Misdreavus squeaks, a sense of fear in her voice. If it were any normal time, you would have been able to analyze this seemingly nice ghost more, but there was no time...

What will you do?

Thank you for deciding to take me on once more, Zak. I am brimming with excitement at this update =) =).

“Fantastic job, my boy!” Oscar swivelled as the persistent Gastly fell ingloriously to the ground following the powerful Bubbling onslaught, and applauded his brawly companion, before turning again to the indignant yet surprisingly sophisticated Misdreavus. “Respectable? Forgive me, I’ve seemingly misconceived the nature of the spirits that inhabit this maze. The Gastly’s sudden assault caused me to forge unnecessary and deplorable generalisations. I apologise.” Oscar, in spite of his words, still regarded the ghost with a sceptical glare, awaiting the split moment in which she would turn and pounce on them like a sly fox on two oblivious blackbirds. Having continued thus far beneath a veil of deception at the hand of the spectral orb that now lay unconscious beside him, he did not embrace the softly-spun words of its ilk with permissive naivety. Given his progression through the maze was achieved as a result of the Gastly’s doggedness, however, he refuted the chance to flee with an auspicious outlook. This suspected occurrence of her swift perfidy, however, failed to materialise in the short space of time between the insistence of her contrast to the bothersome ghoul and the conveyance of her warm intentions regarding Oscar’s plight. Having confirmed that his feat eliminated the habitual requisite of a test through which, Oscar presumed, she would judge his worthiness, she turned to him. Her unnerving giggle seemed to linger before, in a flash of white, she vanished before his eyes.

“Friedrich, sustain your vigilance. I feel as though our tribulations have not yet subsided,” Oscar warned, as his eyes slowly surveyed the area that enclosed him, wandering to the sky and the ground, cautious of the trickery of which ghosts seemed most fond. Friedrich, clipping his pincers heroically, scuttled for the fountain again, seemingly aware of her presence before Oscar had even begun to search. “What is that fountain?” He mused aloud, scratching his beard pensively before approaching it himself. He watched with intrigue as Friedrich once again leapt atop its rim, and glared almost knowingly inside the swirling contents. “Wait…Friedrich, I -” Oscar’s words were swiftly interjected as the vanished Misdreavus rematerialized above the fountain, her disembodied voice echoing with alarm across the enclosed space at her seeming attempt to forewarn Friedrich of the impending peril, that, as Oscar broke into a run with his arm outstretched and his voice alight, helplessly ensued as a disembodied arm clutched at his companion’s form, before swiftly dragging it to the depths. Moments short of his aim, Oscar slammed into the fountain’s edge as he gazed hopelessly into its contents, spying Friedrich’s submerging claw as his last-ditch attempt at freedom paled to fruitlessness.

Certain of what was required, Oscar stripped to his shirt before the Misdreavus had even uttered her advised course of action. “Plunging head-first into unfathomable danger…were it not for the circumstances of your presence, spectre, I’d embrace the prospect. I do so now with uncertainty, dare I say it. Follow me, won’t you? I‘m not yet certain of your intention,” he requested, rolling his sleeves somewhat uselessly to his elbows as he spoke. “I’m coming, Friedrich!” He yelled, taking a running leap at the fountain, plunging into its contents without hesitation.

Pearl's Perap
19th May 2009, 3:13 AM
[Another update, since I can't sleep again :'D]

The Merry Maze/Traveling

Tale
With your mind practically made up for you, you are quick to rip the shirt off of your back, readying yourself to follow Friedrich deep into the murky depths of the peculiar fountain before you. Not yet knowing the intentions of the Misdreavus, you are quick to insist she too pursue the crayfish as you roll up the sleeves of your shirt, despite it making no real difference. As you speak, you are shocked to notice the tiny banshee nod, "Very well, I too will dive deep into the fountain." With her words, she is quick to move, hovering towards the liquid before winking and disappearing downwards, the claws attempting to grasp at her too, despite her ethereal form. Alone in the maze, you too are quick to make your way to the fountain, grasping at the sides to pull yourself up before the sinister arms re-appear, pulling you down, down into the unknown.

The feeling was an odd one, a tickling sensation of sorts as darkness coats your vision. Struggling to see your hand before you, panic sets in. It is not for a few moments that you realize you are sinking, further and further downwards. Before you, a tiny form re-appears, the Misdreavus who had agreed to accompany you down within the fountain's peculiar fluids. "Do not be alarmed, you are safe," the spectre begins, "This place can be dangerous at times, but with me by your side, you should be safe...for the moment." The ghost's honesty creates a pang of regret deep within you, but you know it is the right thing to do, abandoning Friedrich would have brought nothing but an eternal heartache, leaving a close friend behind. Plunging ever deeper, the Misdreavus seemed to be enjoying the feeling, as if it were one of the rides you had previously passed within the now deserted theme park. All around you, the shadows ebbed and flowed, getting bigger and smaller, coming closer and then moving away from you once more. Despite this, you finally begin to feel at ease with the surroundings and, as you do, the feminine ghost squeaks, "Look, down there!"

Turning your gaze downwards, you make out what looks like a rock strewn pathway, appearing amongst all the darkness, seemingly floating. In a matter of seconds, you land upon the hard ground and the sensation from the odd traverse disappeared, everything felt real again. From where you stand, you can see nothing but the now familiar shadow, "Look harder." the Misdreavus utters and, as you squint, the rocky track seems to stretch further, a silver gate appearing and before the gate, a small red figure. Jumping to a quick conclusion, the red figure was obviously Friedrich, you run forwards along the path, the ghost following quickly behind you. Upon getting closer, you notice that your suspicions were true, the Corphish lay in a heap upon the floor, his chest rising and falling in an ever quickening manner. "Little ruffian, awaken from your nightmare..." the banshee accompanying you utters and, as she does, Friedrich's eyes open and he bolts upwards. With the crayfish seemingly sleeping and suffering an intolerable dream, he seems relieved to be back in your company, leaping forwards to snap playfully at your ankles with his pinsirs.

"I suppose you are going to want an explanation, aren't you?" The Misdreavus starts to speak in her ever calmed voice, catching yours and Friedrich's attentions once more, "This place is the rayless plane. Those said to be seeking darkness are meant to be drawn here, instinctively. From knowing of you and analyzing what pokémon companions you currently have, you do seem to be seeking darkness. I just don't believe you seeking it for the same reasons as others, hence why I followed you. You seem a respectable human with a mere passion for pokémon with...dark tendencies..." The screech pokémon took a moment to hover towards the gate, breezing past it and taking in the coolness of the metal before returning to where she once hovered, "If it were someone truly seeking darkness in the Merry Maze, I would have sent them here indefinitely, without the assitance of those foul claws. You, however, did not really have too much of a choice. I saw how you looked up there, when Friedrich was dragged downwards, you do not deserve to be in this place and therefore, I will assist you on your way out of here, if that is what you desire?" Awaiting your answer, the Misdreavus floats down to the Corphish's level, winking at him with a quick smile...

-Hayward-
19th May 2009, 4:34 AM
(Alright, my ragtag lot, welcome to my group! I’m sorry about the delay, but sadly, IRL has taken some…tragic…turns, and I’ve been distracted. Still, the show much go on, and go on it will, here in the fantabulous Miasma Heights! Now, I ask that everyone in my group please check their signatures to make sure all Regi links and team info are up-to-date, to make my servicing of you that much easier for the both of us.)

Mantine Mania

Hayward: Uninterested in causing unnecessary strife between yourself and the dopy Pokemon—after all, you’re a pacifist at heart, aren’t you?—you instruct Medeo to relay the news that you do, sincerely, come in peace, and wish only to help the poor young Cacnea that has been trusted in your care. Nodding obediently, your Meditite obeys, trudging to the very bow of the little watercraft you and he are so delicately positioned on. He leans carefully over the front edge, and begins to slowly explain the situation to Slowpoke via a myriad of Pokemon noises you’ll never understand, but as hard as he seems to be trying, Slowpoke doesn’t seem to get it. It yawns, it’s oversized maw opening wide, before lurching forwards, it fat jaws closing around the bow of the boat, inches from Medeo, who shrieks and flings backwards to avoid a timely demise via the jaws of a rabid Slowpoke…

…or not. Slowpoke seems more than pleased to gnaw at the bow of your boat lazily, and doesn’t seem to be malevolent in the least. In fact, all it seems to be is stupid, hungry, and in your way. You could probably defeat it shamefully easily in battle, but assaulting it just to get it to move is about as callous as pushing an autistic child off the swing set just so you could have your turn. Chances are good that it would move if its hunger was satiated, and you recall there a few concession stands not too far away. Sure, they’ve been out of service for years, but as much junk as they sell at fairs, you could probably find something loaded with enough MSG to still be edible.

What will you do?



Thanks Fangirl, for picking us up. *bows respectfully* No need to apologize about lateness. RL is always > FB. Also, just a quick note, I did drop Medeo off in the Daycare. I recalled him and I do have two other Active Pokes I can battle with, so hopefully that's not a problem. -H

In the deserted theme park, Miasma Heights, the trainer Ben Hale and the Meditite Medeo sat in a little wooden boat in the middle of the Mantine Mania ride, temporarily impeded in their mission to return Cacnea to the Decorative Gardens, by a dimwitted Slowpoke. Filled with surprise more than anything else at encountering the wild Slowpoke here, a confused look momentarily passed from Trainer to Meditite as the two longtime friends turned to face each other. Simultaneously shrugging, the pair turned back to the Slowpoke and waited to see what it would do, but the dopey Pokemon just blinked dully.

Feeling like he had already wasted too much time , Ben instructed Medeo to ask Slowpoke if they could pass. With a compliant nod, Medeo moved to the front of the Mantine-shaped ship and leaning over the bow, with great effort, relayed the message to the obstructive Pokemon. Ben watched mystified as his diminutive partner communicated animatedly with the Slowpoke. The teenager could tell that with each passing second, the Yoga Pokemon was losing more of his cool. “Relax, mate,” Ben advised. “Slowpoke aren’t exactly known for their mental…” But Ben never got the chance to finish his sentence, because at that moment, in one successive movement, the Slowpoke yawned a cavernous yawn and lunged forward, it’s great jaws clamping onto the front of the boat, where only moments before Medeo had perched for their conversation. With a shout of “Medii!” the agile Medeo had leapt nimbly backwards out of harm’s way in the knick-of-time, and Ben breathed out a grateful sigh to see that the Meditite had not been hurt.

Turning his attention back to the Slowpoke, Ben expected it to attack further, instead he noticed with a start that it seemed content to use their watercraft as a chew-toy. Studying the Slowpoke further, Ben realized that it wasn’t in the least aggressive, merely a famished, dim-witted hindrance. Ben knew that Medeo would break little more than a sweat if they battled, and Ben quickly disregarded the idea of battling just to make it move. As a further show of his willingness to find a nonviolent solution, holding out a metallic-colored Steel Ball, he quickly recalled his own tiny companion, much to the Meditite’s dismay.

Dragging a hand through his short, brown hair, Ben thought hard to come up with an idea. He looked at the Slowpoke again, sluggishly chewing on the bow of the ship, hunger written all over its dopey face. Suddenly it came to him. On the way to the Mantine Mania, he, Medeo, and Cacnea had passed a number of abandoned food stalls. Maybe the Slowpoke would move if he could find it some food. Figuring it was worth a shot, he decided to go on exploration for something that would satisfy Slowpoke’s appetite. “How hard can it be?” Ben wondered. “Since this Slowpoke appears to be taking great satisfaction in chewing on a wooden boat?”

___________________
fb (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9144120&postcount=1)

Demon Skittle
19th May 2009, 5:07 AM
[Re-introducing Tale into my group, finally got some ideas for his adventure, let's hope it's a good un! :}]

Miasma Heights ~ Between areas

Demon Skittle
With a new set of battle commands for Ignatius, the Typhlosion nods before turning back to his foe, a slightly singed Hypno. To your side, you hear Karen utter a few commands and look on as her Drapion and Mightyena lunge forth, relentlessly tossing their foes around the clearing, the Drowzee crying out in pain and torment. Returning your glance to the woman, she appears to be relishing in her pokémon's ruthlessness, as if she was gaining satisfaction in watching them crush the pair of psychic pokémon. Nonetheless, your focus returns to Ignatius, who has began to howl louder than ever before hurtling at full speed towards the hypnotic monster before him. His howls alone had appeared to have intimidate the Hypno, however, despite this he is quick to open his mouth for his opening attack. As he opened wide, a bizarre gas began to come from his very innards, it looked to be rather poisonous. Coming ever close, Ignatius ignores the poison cloud, firing a plume of flames from his back without thinking. Everything changes in a mere second. With the toxic mixture of gases and a flame attack, a small explosion had occured, knocking both you and Karen onto the damp grass. Managing to sit up with ease, only having recieved a graze or two, you look up to see both Ignatius and the Hypno struggling to stand properly. Your female companions pokémon seem to have taken minor damage from the occurence, but nothing threatening. It needn't have mattered anyway, they had easily taken down both Drowzee and had began to return to Karen who, like you, was sat upon the sodden grass. As claw and teeth met the woman, both the pokémon and their trainer seemed to under-go a complete personality transplant once more. Showing signs of compassion, rather than the fearsomeness that had reared its ugly head in the battle, Karen returned to her normal self. "Keep at it, Alina, you're doing great. I know Ignatius can pull through this." With the woman's words, you notice that she is correct. In the clearing, both pokémon had managed to withstand their ground, the Hypno beginning to look quite worried. As Ignatius regains himself, the psychic pokémon is quick to place up a barrier to defend himself in the next rounds, "Cheap strategy..." Karen mutters to your side, a humorous hint to her voice, "With the Drowzee taken care of, I'm just gonna run ahead, finish the Hypno and catch up to me, okay?" Karen asked not expecting a reply. In a matter of seconds she had pulled herself upwards, returning both her dark types to their respective balls before dashing off through the once-blocked path, leaping over a knocked out Drowzee as she did. Pulling yourself to your feet once more also, you attempt to concentrate on the battle at hand once more. However, despite this, you can't help but notice something in the corner of your eye. A figure behind a tree almost. However, unlike any other type of experience like this, turning around actually revealed what everyone dreads, there was actually someone behind a nearby tree. Noticing you, the figure, who appears to be cloaked, dashes off through the surrounding foliage, appearing to head in the direction of the makeshift graveyard, exactly where Karen would now be located, attempting to find more clues on the whereabouts of the Tyranitar she was searching for so eagerly...

What will you do?An explosion occured between the two Pokemon and Alina was thrown back into the grass. As the smoke began to disperse, she could see both the Hypno and Iggy struggling regain their composure. "That ****ing Hypno," cursed Alina under her breath. "Using some poison move when a fire type is that close..."

Meanwhile, Karen was able to defeat both her opponents with relative ease, now exchanging congratulations with her Pokemon before turning to Alina. "Keep at it, Alina, you're doing great. I know Ignatius can pull through this."

Ignatius had now managed to pull himself together, standing on his hind legs and giving Alina an accusing glare. He had looked so good up until then. "Oh, hush, how was I supposed to know it was going to do that..." Alina said, trying to defend herself. A voice from within a Pokeball at her side, which was obviously Prestige's, said matter-of-factly "Well, there's an invention caled a Pokedex, which feeds the trainer such information..."

"Screw you too!" Alina muttered to her pocket, loud enough for Prestige to hear. To an outsider she would have looked insane, talking to her coat pocket. The E4 member then got to her feet, glancing over at the Hypno before mumbling to Alina, "Cheap strategy..."

The Hypno, which was now in a panic, set up a barrier of some sort in a pathetic attempt to defend himself against the ferocious Typhlosion. Ignatius was just as amused as Karen, his wicked grin returning to his face. That Hypno merely got lucky; Such a mishap wouldn't happen again so long as Iggy was the one fighting. Karen returned her Pokemon to their respective Pokeballs, telling Alina, "With the Drowzee taken care of, I'm just gonna run ahead, finish the Hypno and catch up to me, okay?"

"Mhm," Alina nodded, watching as Karen ran into the distance. Ignatius stood ready in front of his trainer as she turned her attention back to the battle. As long as there was the possibility of that Hypno firing off another Poison Gas and causing another explosion, it was probably wise to play it safe and not use fire moves for the time being. After all, Iggy didn't know just fire type moves... Getting back to her own feet, Alina ordered "Smokescreen and sneak behind that barrier with a Quick Attack. Give it a Thunderbolt when it's least expecting it."

Cheap strategy versus cheap strategy. Iggy grinned widely before exhaling a thick cloud of smoke over the battlefield before disappearing into it. Alina couldn't help but feel somewhat paranoid, being unable to see her own Pokemon and, well, being the only human being here. In a haunted fairground. Excellent. She was distracted, and couldn't seem to focus on what was happening on the battlefield, due to the all-too-familiar feeling of being watched, but Ignatius could handle himself without her anyway. Glancing around nerviously, she seemed to jump at every movement, until she saw the unmistakable silhouette of somebody behind a tree. It was too late to call Ignatius to check it out, but it's not like he could have anyway, being in the middle of a battle after all. Instead, she tried to appear as if she had not noticed the figure as she reached in her pocket for a Pokeball, any Pokeball. Before she could pull it out, however, the figure had already dashed off in the direction Karen was. Alina sighed with relief. At least she wouldn't have to deal with him, for now. Karen was obviously a skilled trainer, and could probably deal with this man with the same ease that she had with the Drowzee. However, this thought didn't comfort Alina much. It simply made her want to get the battle over with. She shifted uneasily and called out "Hurry it up, we have cloaked figures to tackle!"

Psychopath
20th May 2009, 3:48 PM
(Alright, my ragtag lot, welcome to my group! I’m sorry about the delay, but sadly, IRL has taken some…tragic…turns, and I’ve been distracted. Still, the show much go on, and go on it will, here in the fantabulous Miasma Heights! Now, I ask that everyone in my group please check their signatures to make sure all Regi links and team info are up-to-date, to make my servicing of you that much easier for the both of us.)

The Restaurant

Psychopath: Feeling a new rush of confidence as your dragonfly powerhouse gains new prowess through evolution, it takes you far too long to give Valor his orders, leaving Freeze to stare angrily at you, silently demanding your participation. Finally coming to your senses, you give Valor very concise orders, prompting him to spring into action.

Immediately he summons all of his elemental experience, thick vines bursting up through the ground around him, sending cracked and splintering tiles through the hair as they fling forwards, wrapping with a death hold around Victory’s leg. She looses a high pitched scream as she’s jerked off her feet, landing on the marble hard. Before she can think to get away, or Oscar can think to order commands, Valor then opens his maw wide, the temperature in the room dropping violently as a million tiny ice crystals form between his jaws, before powering forward in a flurry of ice cold water and frost, striking Victory on the back. The Gabite screeches in agony, the sound turning every stomach bin the room as all eyes watch her writhe in turmoil, before suddenly falling limp. A sad, ill look crosses Oscar’s face as he recalls her silently, his young heart obviously reaching out to his Pokemon in sympathy.

“You did well, Vicky.” He sighs as he pockets the ball, and shoots you a benevolent but still somewhat dirty look. He doesn’t even bother to wait for Freeze’s call, more than aware that he lost, and in the worst way. Level up for Digga’ and Valor!

“So what’s this you needed help with, then?” He asks, crossing his arms. “A woman right? I suppose I’m obligated to help, since you did beat me, but I can’t do anything unless you tell me what I’m supposed to be helping with!”

What will you do?

He had won... great. Any other time he would have given each of his pokemon a berry treat, but it wasn't doable at the time. He looked at Oscar, then spoke, " Yes, there was a woman who worked here, she... made some bad choices, and died. She is stuck in this hotel because her only pokemon is tethering her down to the world." Valor looked at Tyson and climbed onto his shoulder, and looked at him, giving him a look of surprise. I forgot to tell him, let me explain it to them both.

"She worked in this restaurant, and died either during a shift, or after going home, whatever it was, her pokemon is around here. This is where you come in, Oscar, you know a lot more of this restaurant than me, would you help me find her pokemon? It can't be that hard, a red and white sphere probably stands out like a sore thumb.

SP-Eevee
21st May 2009, 1:44 PM
The Circus Tent: Want to witness the show of a lifetime? Enter the Circus Tent and challenge the bloodthirsty ghosts within to a dangerous and challenging battle upon the stage. Defeating four in a row gains you access to the Champion - A Dark Pokémon whose identity remains a mystery as nobody has ever made it far enough to win. Beating the ghouls will no doubt lead to a very handsome prize, but do you have what it takes?

((Hehe, finally got added to the usergroup. I'm sure this'll be awesome. ;D))

Taking a step into the rather desolete amusement park of Miasma Heights Kelly was rather surprised. She had expected something more... creepy perhaps? Though there was indeed a light miasma-like mist about the place the rides themselves looked fairly intact to say the least, none of them were particularly intimidating or broken from as far as she could see. It was less the appearance and more the quiet uninhabitated atmosphere about the place that sent shivers down the blond's spine, more than making up for rides seemingly innocent outward appearance. The newly evolved female Honchcrow, perched confidently overhead, survaying her surroundings, seeming very much at ease in this less than inviting fairground. The area itself had peaked her interest, or moreso her Honchcrow Carmen's interest. Her previous adventure she had thought to be rather lax carefree ride but turned out to be quite the opposite. Now she was hoping reverse psychology would prevail, though after hearing the tale of the children who had previously lost their lives in a fire on the Ghost Train ride she wasn't so sure her method in picking an area to visit would work out so well. A seemingly large tent-like structure caught her attention. She turned around, realising her assumtion was wrong, it wasn't a tent-like structure at all, it was, well, an actual tent. Curiosity or fear? Well, Carmen seemed to have the right idea, swooping downwards and landing right beside her before looking up and cawing lightly, a michevous glint in her eye. For being cooped up in a cage for days with no food or water her evolution seemed to have really given her a confidence boost, either that or an attitutde or both as it seemed.

Either way, the tent didn't exactly look threatening from a glance and her Honchcrow seemed equally at ease, more curious at what the insides of such a tent would look like or why such a strange structure would exist rather than the prospect of anything out of the ordinary happening. After all, the Ghost Train incident was just a story she'd heard, gossip at best. Besides, even if something like that did happen it wasn't like it would effect them, the place seemed pretty abandoned...

"Crow," the Honchkrow cawed once more, with a slight hint of impatience this time.

"Oh... huh?" She turned around suddenly looking down Carmen. "Ok, we'll go it, it can't hurt right?" The crow tipped her hat in response, with that the girl carefully peeled back the tent's flap and peered inside.

Missingno. Master
29th May 2009, 3:45 AM
The Circus Tent: Want to witness the show of a lifetime? Enter the Circus Tent and challenge the bloodthirsty ghosts within to a dangerous and challenging battle upon the stage. Defeating four in a row gains you access to the Champion - A Dark Pokémon whose identity remains a mystery as nobody has ever made it far enough to win. Beating the ghouls will no doubt lead to a very handsome prize, but do you have what it takes?


Missingno. Master had long heard rumors of this sinister circus tent. Now, as he approached the entrance to Miasma Heights, he turned to the two-headed bag of gas hovering beside him.

"Well, Weezing, here we are," he said to his faithful starter. "Miasma Heights, the abandoned theme park. We're gonna beat those ghosts and claim that prize. With you by my side, we can't lose." At that, he then pulled the other four Poké Balls from his belt and threw them in the air. Arbok, Qwilfish, Venomoth, and Vileplume appeared in front of their trainer. "OK, guys," said Missingno. Master. "I want you all ready for battle." At this, Arbok stood tall, puffing out its patterned chest. Qwilfish puffed himself up importantly. Venomoth and Vileplume stopped kissing. Venomoth hovered in midair, with an unnatural stillness, showing her determination. Vileplume belched loudly, then saluted his trainer. Smiling, Missingno. Master returned all of his Pokemon to their Pokeballs. Then he took out of his backpack the gray Enigma Egg. It was plain grey with a white question mark on it. "I dunno what you'll hatch into, little guy," he said softly, "but you're gonna be great, I know it." He then placed the egg back in its protective case, which he then put back in his backpack. Taking a deep breath, Missingno. Master then started for the circus tent.

Fangirl
1st June 2009, 3:02 AM
Round two! SP Eevee and Missingno Master, because I know have a whopping THREE OUT OF FIVE updatees in the same area, I’m giving you two choices: You may either have a joint adventure with Weebos (most recent update (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9734438&postcount=135)), or you may choose a different area to adventure in. I’m sorry to throw that on you guys, but I’m not comfortable trying to fit three separate updates into an area so small—I’m just not that clever. Keep in mind that your updates may be slower than usual at first if you chose to remain in the Circus Tent as Weebos is currently temporarily AWOL. Whatever you choose, let me know ASAP, either through PM if you choose to remain, or through a new introductory post if you choose to move, and I’ll update you separately and as immediately as possible.

The Restaurant

Psychopath: Oscar listens silently for a while, cocking his head to and fro, to and fro, in a flamboyant display of concentration. Finally, a look of dawning crosses his face, followed by a disconcerting look of horror, and finally, a scowl. “I know where it is.” He blurts tensely. “I know exactly where it is! But I can’t take you there.” His face pales—a difficult task for a ghost—and he half-floats, half-stumbles backwards, towards the fridge he had been found in.

“It was here, a long time ago.” He murmurs. “But then he took it. It’s probably down in the Casino now, where all of his stuff is, but I can’t take you there, and even if I could, I wouldn’t. Not with him there. But if you’re feeling really brave, you can try to go down there and get it back. You’ll need a Member’s Pass, though. Maybe you should talk to that lady. You said she worked here, did you? I bet she has one. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you!”

And with that, he retreats into the fridge abruptly, leaving you bewildered. Whoever he is, Oscar is certainly afraid of him, which is an unpleasant prospect; after all, what could be so horrible that it could scare the daylights out of someone who is already dead? Worse yet, it sounds like you’re not going to get that Pokeball without confronting him, so it’s either time to give and pack in, or go back to the woman upstairs and see if she has a Member’s Pass.

What will you do?

Mantine Mania

Hayward: Opting out of combat, you recall Medeo as a show of good will, ands gather up Cacnea in your arms. He wriggles and writhes but then grows comfortable, heavy club arms hanging like sacks of sand over your elbows, challenging your balance as you stumble out of the boat, considering your options in your quest to assuage the hunger of your arbitrary assailant. Three sundry stands in particular stand out in your memory, but as to which one is the right one to visit, it’s hard to say. There was a hotdog stand not but a short distance away; in fact, if you squint, you can see it from your current position. The downside, however, is that you’d be relatively unlikely to find anything that stood the test of time among the processed meat and bacteria-friendly ketchup. Now, a further ways out, you recall, there’s an ice cream booth. If the electricity to the cooler is still in circuit, you’re sure to find something, but if it’s out, you’re out of luck. Based on the fickle nature of the park, there’s probably a 50/50 chance that the tasty treats have survived this long.

Your final, option, however, rests all the way out by the entrance gates. A small shack, it stands prominent in your mind thanks to the neon colored sign that hung above it, it’s colorful depictions of lollipops and taffy having no doubt captivated countless children and fleeced the pockets of innumerous parents throughout the years that the park had been in function. It’s an excessively long way away, but if there’s any edibles at all left within it, it’s a guarantee they’d still be edible.

You can walk a short way but have very little chance of finding anything, you can walk a medium distance and have a fair chance of finding something, or you can walk a long distance and be guaranteed something for you troubles. What will you do?

Psychopath
1st June 2009, 5:40 AM
The Restaurant

Psychopath: Oscar listens silently for a while, cocking his head to and fro, to and fro, in a flamboyant display of concentration. Finally, a look of dawning crosses his face, followed by a disconcerting look of horror, and finally, a scowl. “I know where it is.” He blurts tensely. “I know exactly where it is! But I can’t take you there.” His face pales—a difficult task for a ghost—and he half-floats, half-stumbles backwards, towards the fridge he had been found in.

“It was here, a long time ago.” He murmurs. “But then he took it. It’s probably down in the Casino now, where all of his stuff is, but I can’t take you there, and even if I could, I wouldn’t. Not with him there. But if you’re feeling really brave, you can try to go down there and get it back. You’ll need a Member’s Pass, though. Maybe you should talk to that lady. You said she worked here, did you? I bet she has one. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you!”

And with that, he retreats into the fridge abruptly, leaving you bewildered. Whoever he is, Oscar is certainly afraid of him, which is an unpleasant prospect; after all, what could be so horrible that it could scare the daylights out of someone who is already dead? Worse yet, it sounds like you’re not going to get that Pokeball without confronting him, so it’s either time to give and pack in, or go back to the woman upstairs and see if she has a Member’s Pass.

What will you do?

When the ghost gets scared there's only one thing to do, freak out on the inside but act suave on the outside. He got two pokeballs from his belt and looked to see one had broken, uh oh. "Freeze, return..." as the ball released a red beam Freeze dematerialized into nothingness, inside the pokeball for later use. "As for you," he said to Valor.... "Come in here." he pulled out a Net Ball (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=69965&postcount=177) from his pocket. The Squirtle's Eyes widened in glee as his new ball sucked him in, a new, more comfortable experience waiting. He turned to Oscar...

"Don't worry, I've been toe-to-toe with worse..." Memories buzzed through his head... a gang of beady gem eyes staring at him and his ragtag team of pokemon awaiting the orders to rip him to shreds from their king, a big-*** mutant Squid, and a little monster more viscious than the fury of a Dusclops and the Strength of a Machamp. Oh yes, he was thinking of the little monster he had sworn to protect the world from. He was refering to...

Malva.

"Look Oscar," He pulled out a purple pokeball that had the very essence of Darkness seeping out of it. Literally. You could actually see the purple energy emenating from it. "This holds the most evil pokemon that has walked this earth, Malva the Nidoran. I received her when she had attacked a woman unlucky enough to have captured her. I received this ball after i defeated her and pressed the button by accident. The results were catastrophic." He pulled back the hair that covered the left half of his head.

His ear wasn't there, but there was a scar there and a hole. "I promised to not let this happen to anyone ever. I can handle Him."

"We'll Oscar, thanks for everything, I'll be off now." He jumped on Digga's now oversized back. "Let's fly back now, yeah?" She nodded and took off, ready for whatever was next."Digga' let's skip the elevators please, when you get to the lobby just Zap Cannon Right through to the second floor."

He thought on what he would tell the woman when he got there. "So, I know where your pokemon is, problem is we need a members pass to get it back? Do you have one?"

Yea, thats what I'll say. With that, they were off.

Tale
2nd June 2009, 2:00 AM
[Another update, since I can't sleep again :'D]

The Merry Maze/Traveling

Tale
With your mind practically made up for you, you are quick to rip the shirt off of your back, readying yourself to follow Friedrich deep into the murky depths of the peculiar fountain before you. Not yet knowing the intentions of the Misdreavus, you are quick to insist she too pursue the crayfish as you roll up the sleeves of your shirt, despite it making no real difference. As you speak, you are shocked to notice the tiny banshee nod, "Very well, I too will dive deep into the fountain." With her words, she is quick to move, hovering towards the liquid before winking and disappearing downwards, the claws attempting to grasp at her too, despite her ethereal form. Alone in the maze, you too are quick to make your way to the fountain, grasping at the sides to pull yourself up before the sinister arms re-appear, pulling you down, down into the unknown.

The feeling was an odd one, a tickling sensation of sorts as darkness coats your vision. Struggling to see your hand before you, panic sets in. It is not for a few moments that you realize you are sinking, further and further downwards. Before you, a tiny form re-appears, the Misdreavus who had agreed to accompany you down within the fountain's peculiar fluids. "Do not be alarmed, you are safe," the spectre begins, "This place can be dangerous at times, but with me by your side, you should be safe...for the moment." The ghost's honesty creates a pang of regret deep within you, but you know it is the right thing to do, abandoning Friedrich would have brought nothing but an eternal heartache, leaving a close friend behind. Plunging ever deeper, the Misdreavus seemed to be enjoying the feeling, as if it were one of the rides you had previously passed within the now deserted theme park. All around you, the shadows ebbed and flowed, getting bigger and smaller, coming closer and then moving away from you once more. Despite this, you finally begin to feel at ease with the surroundings and, as you do, the feminine ghost squeaks, "Look, down there!"

Turning your gaze downwards, you make out what looks like a rock strewn pathway, appearing amongst all the darkness, seemingly floating. In a matter of seconds, you land upon the hard ground and the sensation from the odd traverse disappeared, everything felt real again. From where you stand, you can see nothing but the now familiar shadow, "Look harder." the Misdreavus utters and, as you squint, the rocky track seems to stretch further, a silver gate appearing and before the gate, a small red figure. Jumping to a quick conclusion, the red figure was obviously Friedrich, you run forwards along the path, the ghost following quickly behind you. Upon getting closer, you notice that your suspicions were true, the Corphish lay in a heap upon the floor, his chest rising and falling in an ever quickening manner. "Little ruffian, awaken from your nightmare..." the banshee accompanying you utters and, as she does, Friedrich's eyes open and he bolts upwards. With the crayfish seemingly sleeping and suffering an intolerable dream, he seems relieved to be back in your company, leaping forwards to snap playfully at your ankles with his pinsirs.

"I suppose you are going to want an explanation, aren't you?" The Misdreavus starts to speak in her ever calmed voice, catching yours and Friedrich's attentions once more, "This place is the rayless plane. Those said to be seeking darkness are meant to be drawn here, instinctively. From knowing of you and analyzing what pokémon companions you currently have, you do seem to be seeking darkness. I just don't believe you seeking it for the same reasons as others, hence why I followed you. You seem a respectable human with a mere passion for pokémon with...dark tendencies..." The screech pokémon took a moment to hover towards the gate, breezing past it and taking in the coolness of the metal before returning to where she once hovered, "If it were someone truly seeking darkness in the Merry Maze, I would have sent them here indefinitely, without the assitance of those foul claws. You, however, did not really have too much of a choice. I saw how you looked up there, when Friedrich was dragged downwards, you do not deserve to be in this place and therefore, I will assist you on your way out of here, if that is what you desire?" Awaiting your answer, the Misdreavus floats down to the Corphish's level, winking at him with a quick smile...

Sorry to pile this extra response on top of your list, I know you're busy. I just couldn't resist, I had a break and I'm incredibly excited about how this will pan out =). I hope you don't mind, Zak! Actually, while I'm here rambling away, I might as well remind you, as it's been a while, that Friedrich's colour change has been confirmed, but I'm in no rush to have it RPed until you're ready for it to fit in. It will be an awesome touch ;D.

Plunging into seemingly eternal darkness, Oscar anticipated nothing less. It encased him, a swallowing abyss in which he could not see even his own form. He plummeted without an inkling of his fate, without the slightest physical indication pertaining to the ultimate outcome of his reckless flight. It enveloped him like a passionate desire, something from which in spite of his greatest efforts he could not escape but in his thoughts. Though, the Misdreavus soon materialised from the shadows that seemed to pulse, assuring him of the safety her presence will bring. Sure of the validity of her statement, Oscar gazed at his shadowy surroundings, curious as to its purpose and its power, how it came to be and what it could achieve. The elusion of darkness was fascinating.

His ponderings were soon cut short as the Misdreavus notified him of the approaching scene - a stony path, materialising from nothingness, approaching at an alarmingly rapid rate. Before the opportunity to brace himself was presented, Oscar hit the stony ground with a grunt, stumbling in his attempt to maintain balance. Though the surreal sensation of the seemingly eternal descent had all but left his body, Oscar stood mesmerised by the surrounding shadow - immersed in the darkness that enraptured him so. The Misdreavus prompted him to regard the distance, and with a tilt of his hat and a squint, Oscar distinguished the familiar figure of his companion, the instigator of the adventure that would doubtlessly ensue. “Thank you,” Oscar nods politely at the ghost before speeding down the path, hand on his hat to secure it in place. As he drew closer to Friedrich, he noted the corphish’s state of unconsciousness, and turned with expectancy towards the ghost that hovered at his side. The Misdreavus, as knowledgeable as Oscar had anticipated, spoke a command that stirred Friedrich from his slumber, to gaze bewilderedly at his master before dragging himself to his feet. At first, his demure composure indicated the severity of his nightmare. Oscar scratched his beard, speculative over every incident that was occurring before him. Nightmares were a sinister omen - particularly when they move one whose thoughts are as dark as Friedrich’s. This realm was indubitably sinister, and it was with a curious eye that Oscar turned to his guide, the hovering ghost that seemed intriguingly aware of the intricacies of darkness.

"I suppose you are going to want an explanation, aren't you? This place is the rayless plane. Those said to be seeking darkness are meant to be drawn here, instinctively. From knowing of you and analyzing what pokémon companions you currently have, you do seem to be seeking darkness. I just don't believe you seeking it for the same reasons as others, hence why I followed you. You seem a respectable human with a mere passion for pokémon with...dark tendencies...

"If it were someone truly seeking darkness in the Merry Maze, I would have sent them here indefinitely, without the assitance of those foul claws. You, however, did not really have too much of a choice. I saw how you looked up there, when Friedrich was dragged downwards, you do not deserve to be in this place and therefore, I will assist you on your way out of here, if that is what you desire?"

Oscar could feel the corner of his mouth twitch into a smile. “You’re a mystical and all-too accurate creature. Although, I’d hate to pull the wool over your eyes in regards to my…personality. I’m not a seeker of the sinisterly metaphorical darkness, that’s true. Precisely, I do not seek it, merely seek to navigate it. I am an explorer of darkness, I seek the intricacies and experiences that darkness shall always shield and shall always obscure from the innocent eyes of the average human being. It is the unexplored that tantalises me, and what better place to seek the unseen than in darkness? So you could say that I am a seeker, but as it always is with darkness, there is so much more beneath that…tendency, as you so eloquently put it. So, if it pleases you, I’d like to think that Friedrich led me down here with purpose in mind, rather than by chance. If it’s the more sinister, less affable side to darkness that this place habitually attracts…then I’d deduce, from what you’ve told me, that it has drawn Friedrich, not me, to it. His mind is dark, while mine sustains its clarity in such conditions. If there is a creature among us that the rayless plane has lured, then it must be Friedrich…

“That said, I would welcome the assistance of a creature so attuned to this shadowy land. Let us push on with not a second’s hesitance! Oh…but before we do, I would like to ascertain one thing. What would you prefer I call you?” Oscar asked, motioning to push forward with Friedrich scuttling heartily by his heel.

-Hayward-
5th June 2009, 4:38 AM
Mantine Mania

Hayward: Opting out of combat, you recall Medeo as a show of good will, ands gather up Cacnea in your arms. He wriggles and writhes but then grows comfortable, heavy club arms hanging like sacks of sand over your elbows, challenging your balance as you stumble out of the boat, considering your options in your quest to assuage the hunger of your arbitrary assailant. Three sundry stands in particular stand out in your memory, but as to which one is the right one to visit, it’s hard to say. There was a hotdog stand not but a short distance away; in fact, if you squint, you can see it from your current position. The downside, however, is that you’d be relatively unlikely to find anything that stood the test of time among the processed meat and bacteria-friendly ketchup. Now, a further ways out, you recall, there’s an ice cream booth. If the electricity to the cooler is still in circuit, you’re sure to find something, but if it’s out, you’re out of luck. Based on the fickle nature of the park, there’s probably a 50/50 chance that the tasty treats have survived this long.

Your final, option, however, rests all the way out by the entrance gates. A small shack, it stands prominent in your mind thanks to the neon colored sign that hung above it, it’s colorful depictions of lollipops and taffy having no doubt captivated countless children and fleeced the pockets of innumerous parents throughout the years that the park had been in function. It’s an excessively long way away, but if there’s any edibles at all left within it, it’s a guarantee they’d still be edible.

You can walk a short way but have very little chance of finding anything, you can walk a medium distance and have a fair chance of finding something, or you can walk a long distance and be guaranteed something for you troubles. What will you do?



Ben’s mind raced as he clambered out of the little dinghy. Where was he going to find food for the dimwitted Slowpoke, he wondered to himself. Lost in thought, the struggling Cacnea in his arms nearly caused Ben to lose his balance and slip into the murky water of the Mantine Mania attraction. After a moment of irritated squirming though, the plump, little cactus grew pacified and nestled in for a rest. Firmly on dry ground once again, Ben dragged a hand through his short, brown hair and considered his options. He recalled passing three booths that served victuals. Near the main entrance, he remembered, was a candy shop, that he figured would be his best bet. There were two other places he could try, a hot dog stand and a candy booth, but he was certain that the food at both would most likely be spoiled rotten from the passage of time.

It would be a long trip, and Ben was still wary of the paranormal park. There was no telling just what may have made the deserted Miasma Heights their new home. He knew it would be foolish to make the lengthy trek unguarded, and now that they were far enough away from the famished Slowpoke, he decided it was once again safe enough to release two of his Pokemon partners. Unclipping a pair of Pokeballs from his belt, Ben held them out at arm’s length and sent out the Meditite Medeo and the Poochyena Hyneo. “I need your help, mates,” he said. “We’re heading back to the main gate to try to find some food for that hungry Slowpoke, so look sharp. Medeo, use your FORESIGHT (“http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9606525&postcount=6”) to try to DETECT (“http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/307.shtml”) anything that may be hiding in the shadows. Hyneo, be ready to PROTECT (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=77783&postcount=103”) us if anything tries to ambush us.” Medeo nodded, while Hyneo barked happily, and the three friends set off at a trot for the front entrance, hoping to find something edible at the candy booth…

________________________________________
fb (“http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=76737&postcount=2”)

Pearl's Perap
28th June 2009, 12:45 PM
[Apologies for extreeeeeeeeeeme lateness, I suck. I would like to welcome SP-Eevee to my updatees, though, as she had reserved a spot with me a while back. Looking forward to the Circus Tent, tehe :3]

Makeshift Graveyard

Demon Skittle
With the impending threat of the psychic pokémon dying down significantly, Karen had sped off in the direction in which the tyrant pokémon had been rumoured to be dwelling. It was at this point that you were quick to order your own cheap strategy in the battle against the almost-felled Hypno. With Ignatius having a rather varied arsenal of attacks, it was at this point, after the horrific attack combination induced explosion, that fire attacks became a notion of past rounds. As the Typhlosion roared in a rather bloodcurdling manner, a plume of smoke began to billow from his gaping maw, engulfing the clearing entirely. It was at this point when, shrouded in the darkness, fear began to rear its ugly head. Having felt like you had been watched for a while, you stand motionless, eyes peeled for any sudden movements in the distance or close by. After a while of surveying your surroundings, half squinting to see through the thickening smog created as a diversion by Ignatius, you notice what appears clearly to be a cloaked figure. Alarmed at being spotted, whoever or whatever it was disappeared in the direction the renowned member of the elite trainers had just taken.

Unnerved incredibly but believing that Karen could hold her own if the cloaked person reached her before you and Ignatius do, you turn your attention back to the battle. With the smoke encircling the whole clearing and blocking out the moon's light, the Hypno was at a severe disadvantage. With it being his smoke, the Typhlosion seemed to have the ability to see through and had already began lumbering towards his foe once more. Through the smoke, you notice the air changing purple once more, the Hypno attempting another poison gas attack. However, this time, without a fire attack, it merely hovers around the nearby location, possibly harming the fire pokémon, but you couldn't be too sure just yet. From within the smoke, you hear the padding sound of Ignatius' paws becoming faster, the Typhlosion had obviously began his quick attack, darting forwards to get behind the barrier before the Hypno could even react. Comforted by the fact you had not heard the pokémon cry out at all, you could only presume that, at the time being, everything was running rather smoothly and he had not come across any obstacles.

As the round continued, the smoke seemed to be clearing slightly and, through the remainder, you could make out the shapes of the pokémon once more. Ignatius was stood on his hind legs, having reached the Hypno, who, from where you stood, looked to be rather confused, looking in each and every direction. It was at this point that, after lifting his head, roaring once more. Only this time, rather than smoke, sparks began to appear from his mouth. In a quick flash, the sparks combined into a bolt of electrical energy, hitting the psychic pokémon and knocking him to the ground indefinitely. [Lvl up for Ignatius the Typhlosion :3] With the foe dealt with, Ignatius ran back to you, lapping at your face with his large tongue. Not wasting any time, having sensed your lack of ease with the surroundings, he bounded forward once more, this time into the trees where the figure had been. Following quickly, it isn't long before you reach what you can only presume is where Karen was heading. Several makeshift tombstones littered the new clearing, each with many names on them. Alongside the graveyard was an area for flowers but it appeared as though, in time, they had all wilted and died.

"TYPH!" The silence is broken by Ignatius raising an alarm and, as you spin to see what the problem at hand is, you are knocked to the ground by an unseen force. Blinking, you attempt to regain yourself, but whatever had knocked you down appeared to be keeping you down, ensaring your legs with some sort of magic or pokémon attack. It couldn't be the Hypno from before, it had already been dealt with, it must be something different. Nearby, you hear Karen crying out and without your command, Ignatius disappears off into the bushes, returning in a matter of seconds with Karen, her leg in his jaws. "Release me, you oaf!" she chuckles, despite the severity of the situation, "Hey Alina, this may not be as simple as I thought. Someone else is hunting down the Tyranitar and, whoever it is, has some pretty powerful pokémon." With her words, the cloaked figure appeared from where Karen had been on the ground. "I consider that a compliment from someone of your capability." a sinister voice appears from where the face should be, "Good job I incapacitated the both of you when I could, I sense the beast is nearby. I will let it devour you before stealing it for myself..." As he spoke, the figure cackled deeply. If you were to escape, let alone Karen make her desired capture, you would have to deal with this man first, with or without the ability of your legs...

What will you do?

The Circus Tent

SP-Eevee
Deciding with the assistance of Carmen, your newly evolved Honchkrow, she is quick to choose the big top as your initial port of call. Impatiently waiting for you to follow her lead and enter past the tarpaulin flap before you, the crow caws several times, growing ever bored of the wait. Not giving the bird any more chance to wait, you push past and into the opening, Carmen more than happy to follow speedily into the huge tent. Inside, the whole place was pitch black, nobody appeared to be around and the Honchkrow let out a bored sigh, as if disappointed by their mediocre discovery. It was not long before you notice a glimmering light burn at the very top of the tent. It appeared as if the lantern shaped fairy lights were all coming to life, one by one, in sequence. Minutes passed as you took in the peculiar display of lights, Carmen flapping her wings excitedly as the occurence happened. With the whole tent lit up, it was then she noticed the strangest thing of all. Their appeared to be a large black stage, with a battlefield chalked onto it. Surrounding the elevated platform was hundreds of chairs, highlighting the importance of this event in past times, prior to the invasion of wild pokémon after the parks closure.

"Welcome, my dear." A rather upper class voice came from behind the girl and crow, making the two of them jump slightly. Upon turning full circle, you notice a strange site. The voice had not come from a human, but a pokémon. Before you stood a well-dressed Slowking, apparently the ring leader for this big top event. "I take is as you and this plucky Honchkrow want to take on our challenge, yes?" Registering that the pokémon was speaking to you and not a human, you look on a little confused as the psychic pokémon continues his telepathic speech. "Alright, I'll explain in case you don't know what I mean and have just happened to stumble in here..." the Slowking could see an explanation would go down better perhaps. "The aim of this challenge is rather simple. There are four ghost pokémon backstage, each one ready for a battle. If you happen to beat all of these elite ethereals in a row, you get to face off against the challenging champion." With these words, you notice something you hadn't noticed previously. The chairs all appeared to be occupied now, each one by a different pokémon now native to the theme park. With the psychic pokémon's words, they were 'ooh'ing and 'aah'ing, awaiting your decision. "Last but not least, the initial battles can be handled in a number of ways. Two double battles, a double battle and two single battles or four single battles. You understand me?" He appeared to be finished, motioning with a paw towards you, awaiting an answer...

What will you do?

Rayless Plane

Tale
Reunited with your crustacean companion Friedrich once more and educated moreso on the shadowy Rayless Plane, you feel slightly more at ease with the present situation. Having explained a little more about your present location and discussed the various desires for darkness of that and your team members, you also begin to bond with the spectral pokémon who had accompanied you down from the Merry Maze. Having offered her assistance and had such assistance accepted by you, the hovering Misdreavus smiled sweetly, not a very often event for a pokémon of the ghost type. "I am normally just known as Misdreavus between the other pokémon, nicknames are not something we particularly give to one another, even in environments where multiple monsters of the same species dwell. However, I had a nickname once..." with these words, the bansee turns away, her large, pretty eyes appearing to fill with a certain sadness, "...when I had a trainer, before the incident, she referred to me as 'Lady Alessia'." As she spoke, she hovered back along the path slightly, not wanting you to see her in such a weak position. Standing at your feet, still slightly disorientated with the whole situation, Friedrich tugged at your ankle, pointing a pinsir up to the ghost pokémon.

With the Misdreavus hovering motionlessly nearby, you notice as a singular tear drops from her eyes and falls slowly, not even reaching the ground. Instead, the salted droplet seperated mid-air, the smaller droplets turning a hue of violet before disappearing into the shadows. Alongside you, the Corphish was even more confused at the situation and, rather than tug at your leg once more, he began to approach the Misdreavus. With her not noticing him, she continued to sob, showing emotions not normally witnessed with such a sinister race of monsters. With the crayfish now standing beneath her, looking upwards, the ghost choked back her tears, spinning in the air to meet with you once more. "Apologies for that, ghosts such as myself don't normally feel such emotions. I came to grips long ago with losing Susan in the ghost train accident. I think seeing yours and Friedrich's bond re-ignited my now repressed memories of her." Mustering a smile, she floated towards you once more, sweeping her ghostly aura across her face to remove any left over tears.

"You can call me Alessia, anyway." the Misdreavus choked slightly, "I'm sorry to inform you of this, but, the more I dwell on this harrowing past, the more my tender emotions will seep through. This is not a good thing." As she spoke, she motioned towards the surrounding darkness, "If you noticed, the tears I cried became one with the darkness. If I am not careful, I could lose my whole mind to the darkness, something I have always prevented by repressing every harrowing morsel of my past life with Susan, away from the fairground, away from the Rayless Plane..." Having finished talking once more, the ghost darted forwards, tugging at your collar as if to let you know that time was wasting away and that the three of you should continue forwards, it would be the only way to return to the 'real' world once more. In front of you, the metal gate appears to spring into life, loudly creaking as it opened to reveal what you could only describe as a barron wasteland.

Pressing onwards, Alessia leads you through the wasteland, occasionally pointing out certain locations and speaking of possible threats that could befall the three of you. It isn't long before she stops in her tracks, motioning once more to what looked like a ruined temple. "That is one of the many shrines across this plane that lead back into the world as you know it. However, it appears as though something horrific has happened here, look at how destroyed it is..." Floating ever closer, she touches a piece of rubble, attempting to tune in with what remained of the temple in the hopes that its power would still be in tact. "There seems to be life forces present in here, but I'm not too sure if the portal is still there, there is only one way to find out..."

What will you do?

Tale
2nd July 2009, 10:41 AM
[Apologies for extreeeeeeeeeeme lateness, I suck. I would like to welcome SP-Eevee to my updatees, though, as she had reserved a spot with me a while back. Looking forward to the Circus Tent, tehe :3]

Rayless Plane

Tale
Reunited with your crustacean companion Friedrich once more and educated moreso on the shadowy Rayless Plane, you feel slightly more at ease with the present situation. Having explained a little more about your present location and discussed the various desires for darkness of that and your team members, you also begin to bond with the spectral pokémon who had accompanied you down from the Merry Maze. Having offered her assistance and had such assistance accepted by you, the hovering Misdreavus smiled sweetly, not a very often event for a pokémon of the ghost type. "I am normally just known as Misdreavus between the other pokémon, nicknames are not something we particularly give to one another, even in environments where multiple monsters of the same species dwell. However, I had a nickname once..." with these words, the bansee turns away, her large, pretty eyes appearing to fill with a certain sadness, "...when I had a trainer, before the incident, she referred to me as 'Lady Alessia'." As she spoke, she hovered back along the path slightly, not wanting you to see her in such a weak position. Standing at your feet, still slightly disorientated with the whole situation, Friedrich tugged at your ankle, pointing a pinsir up to the ghost pokémon.

With the Misdreavus hovering motionlessly nearby, you notice as a singular tear drops from her eyes and falls slowly, not even reaching the ground. Instead, the salted droplet seperated mid-air, the smaller droplets turning a hue of violet before disappearing into the shadows. Alongside you, the Corphish was even more confused at the situation and, rather than tug at your leg once more, he began to approach the Misdreavus. With her not noticing him, she continued to sob, showing emotions not normally witnessed with such a sinister race of monsters. With the crayfish now standing beneath her, looking upwards, the ghost choked back her tears, spinning in the air to meet with you once more. "Apologies for that, ghosts such as myself don't normally feel such emotions. I came to grips long ago with losing Susan in the ghost train accident. I think seeing yours and Friedrich's bond re-ignited my now repressed memories of her." Mustering a smile, she floated towards you once more, sweeping her ghostly aura across her face to remove any left over tears.

"You can call me Alessia, anyway." the Misdreavus choked slightly, "I'm sorry to inform you of this, but, the more I dwell on this harrowing past, the more my tender emotions will seep through. This is not a good thing." As she spoke, she motioned towards the surrounding darkness, "If you noticed, the tears I cried became one with the darkness. If I am not careful, I could lose my whole mind to the darkness, something I have always prevented by repressing every harrowing morsel of my past life with Susan, away from the fairground, away from the Rayless Plane..." Having finished talking once more, the ghost darted forwards, tugging at your collar as if to let you know that time was wasting away and that the three of you should continue forwards, it would be the only way to return to the 'real' world once more. In front of you, the metal gate appears to spring into life, loudly creaking as it opened to reveal what you could only describe as a barron wasteland.

Pressing onwards, Alessia leads you through the wasteland, occasionally pointing out certain locations and speaking of possible threats that could befall the three of you. It isn't long before she stops in her tracks, motioning once more to what looked like a ruined temple. "That is one of the many shrines across this plane that lead back into the world as you know it. However, it appears as though something horrific has happened here, look at how destroyed it is..." Floating ever closer, she touches a piece of rubble, attempting to tune in with what remained of the temple in the hopes that its power would still be in tact. "There seems to be life forces present in here, but I'm not too sure if the portal is still there, there is only one way to find out..."

What will you do?

You most certainly do not suck! I'm fuming cause I had this done yesterday, but my internet cut out at 2, and now it's being as slow as a ****ing...snail...

Awesome update =) =) =).

His manners paled in light of their effect as Oscar’s request for the Misdreavus’s name struck a nerve so unfamiliar to her kind that she felt compelled to extend an apology. As she imparted Oscar with her history, he observed with curiosity as the ghost sought the solitude in which to succumb to her overpowering emotion. Never had he anticipated such outpour from a spectre so typically composed, and for a few moments all he could do was examine her emotional response. The ghost had experienced a greater loss than that of her own life. Seemingly doomed to endure a perpetual sorrow, her ability to assuage the severity of her emotion and suppress her every tear augmented Oscar’s intrigue and esteem for the ghost. The encroaching darkness thrived on the grief, she told him, and it was a resolve so unswerving that in the ghost Oscar began to see a soul perhaps higher than his own, one to revere. He’d never quite considered the matchless endurance of spectres, whose souls roamed the tainted earth for eternity, an eternity that would cripple the heart of a living human. Perhaps he’d thought the privilege of life as being one which bestows on its benefactors the novelty of emotion to which the human race was so unanimously accustomed that many had come to scorn its essence. But here existed the evidence of its permeation through the dead, its sovereignty as powerful as it is in those hearts that maintain the pulse of life. Perhaps, he mused, the hearts of ghosts were no different. Perhaps they beat like those of the living. Perhaps the secret to death lay with the soul, perhaps it was the soul, whose mysteries elude so prevalently the logical minds of humans, that those who drifted to the other side knew so acutely. Perhaps it was but the fleshy prison in which he himself was encapsulated that divorced the likes of himself and Friedrich from Alessia and her ilk. Was the death of a body all that death is? Was death just a liberation, or condemnation to the eternal endurance of emotion without the body to turn it on?

“From the deepest reaches of my heart, Lady Alessia, I sincerely apologise for prompting these melancholic recollections. For the sake of the darkness we shall strive to subdue them from now on. Perhaps if, when you feel it appropriate, you were to divulge to a greater extent the sorrows of your past, they may, as a soul may cleanse itself, rid you of your perpetual subjection to sorrow?” Oscar spoke from a distance while Friedrich, his dark curiosity unfathomably piqued by the ghost’s emotional outburst, discarded such adherence to common etiquette by approaching and scrutinising Alessia as she mourned. As she wiped the tears from her spectral features and swooped closer to him, she informed Oscar of how the darkness loomed over those minds that linger in sorrow, and so Oscar sombrely responded with a nod and replied, “Another time, then.”

He summoned Friedrich closer, confident that the slightest morsel of sorrow would struggle to infiltrate the hardy Corphish’s mind, let alone subject him to the possession of the darkness - that is, if the darkness did not dwell in abundance in his mind already. He was the most apt of all companions when it came to confronting the Rayless Plane, and if not him then certainly Simone, his unfeeling Houndour whose only bond was to that of her own survival instinct and inexplicable obedience to her trainer. At least Friedrich conveyed passion, albeit an entirely selfish and insufferably elitist passion.

No sooner than Alessia had prompted Oscar into movement, the grand metal gate that towered like an ominous surveyor above them sprang into activity, and pulled itself ajar amid a cacophony of grinding and creaking. It revealed to them an expanse, a wasteland enshrined by darkness. It bore such resemblance to particular locations of which Oscar would repeatedly dream, that it was at this moment that he verified his consciousness. Friedrich was the first to scuttle past the gate, tailed immediately by his trainer and Alessia. The ground was solid, the air breathable, and in every way the wasteland felt real other than the darkness in which it was enveloped. To anybody but those who sought the darkness, these plains would surely prove a hellish sight.

As the trio progressed, Alessia assumed a leadership to which neither Friedrich nor Oscar posed a contention. The subject had turned to the perils of the Rayless Plane, to the various intricacies of which Alessia knew a vast and invaluable amount, and with every word her lips would utter, Oscar’s caution was augmented. The barren was a hostile environment, in every shape and form, yet his compulsion to investigate its every corner would not subside. By the time they’d all approached the ruins of some ravaged temple, Oscar’s zeal was ablaze. As such situations typically urged, he felt tempted to release Soren, his headstrong and overzealous Cacnea in order to share the exhilaration of the scenario. However, his fears for the clash that would inevitably arise between Soren and his Corphish companion belayed his instinctive judgement.

Alessia was seemingly miffed by the temple’s state, and it was with caution that she attempted to discern its fate. Having affirmed to Oscar that the temple may yet contain the portal through which he’d be required to travel in order to reach the surface once more, she proceeded to notify him of the life that resided within its ruined walls. Oscar surveyed the temple with an enthusiastic glint, before turning to the ghost and beckoning her to follow him inside.

“My dear Alessia, if there is one thing the Rayless Plane can lob our way with certainty that we shall receive it with our hearts ablaze and our fears allayed, it is the prospect of danger. Bring us to the darkness and we’ll tackle its foreboding challenge without hesitance! Friedrich, be on your guard and your best behaviour - no wandering, no destruction. The frame of this temple is unstable and at risk of crushing our brittle skeletons, so only at the certainty of danger can you respond with Rage. Now, Alessia, let us continue inside.”

Demon Skittle
17th August 2009, 2:33 AM
[Apologies for extreeeeeeeeeeme lateness, I suck. I would like to welcome SP-Eevee to my updatees, though, as she had reserved a spot with me a while back. Looking forward to the Circus Tent, tehe :3]

Makeshift Graveyard

Demon Skittle
With the impending threat of the psychic pokémon dying down significantly, Karen had sped off in the direction in which the tyrant pokémon had been rumoured to be dwelling. It was at this point that you were quick to order your own cheap strategy in the battle against the almost-felled Hypno. With Ignatius having a rather varied arsenal of attacks, it was at this point, after the horrific attack combination induced explosion, that fire attacks became a notion of past rounds. As the Typhlosion roared in a rather bloodcurdling manner, a plume of smoke began to billow from his gaping maw, engulfing the clearing entirely. It was at this point when, shrouded in the darkness, fear began to rear its ugly head. Having felt like you had been watched for a while, you stand motionless, eyes peeled for any sudden movements in the distance or close by. After a while of surveying your surroundings, half squinting to see through the thickening smog created as a diversion by Ignatius, you notice what appears clearly to be a cloaked figure. Alarmed at being spotted, whoever or whatever it was disappeared in the direction the renowned member of the elite trainers had just taken.

Unnerved incredibly but believing that Karen could hold her own if the cloaked person reached her before you and Ignatius do, you turn your attention back to the battle. With the smoke encircling the whole clearing and blocking out the moon's light, the Hypno was at a severe disadvantage. With it being his smoke, the Typhlosion seemed to have the ability to see through and had already began lumbering towards his foe once more. Through the smoke, you notice the air changing purple once more, the Hypno attempting another poison gas attack. However, this time, without a fire attack, it merely hovers around the nearby location, possibly harming the fire pokémon, but you couldn't be too sure just yet. From within the smoke, you hear the padding sound of Ignatius' paws becoming faster, the Typhlosion had obviously began his quick attack, darting forwards to get behind the barrier before the Hypno could even react. Comforted by the fact you had not heard the pokémon cry out at all, you could only presume that, at the time being, everything was running rather smoothly and he had not come across any obstacles.

As the round continued, the smoke seemed to be clearing slightly and, through the remainder, you could make out the shapes of the pokémon once more. Ignatius was stood on his hind legs, having reached the Hypno, who, from where you stood, looked to be rather confused, looking in each and every direction. It was at this point that, after lifting his head, roaring once more. Only this time, rather than smoke, sparks began to appear from his mouth. In a quick flash, the sparks combined into a bolt of electrical energy, hitting the psychic pokémon and knocking him to the ground indefinitely. [Lvl up for Ignatius the Typhlosion :3] With the foe dealt with, Ignatius ran back to you, lapping at your face with his large tongue. Not wasting any time, having sensed your lack of ease with the surroundings, he bounded forward once more, this time into the trees where the figure had been. Following quickly, it isn't long before you reach what you can only presume is where Karen was heading. Several makeshift tombstones littered the new clearing, each with many names on them. Alongside the graveyard was an area for flowers but it appeared as though, in time, they had all wilted and died.

"TYPH!" The silence is broken by Ignatius raising an alarm and, as you spin to see what the problem at hand is, you are knocked to the ground by an unseen force. Blinking, you attempt to regain yourself, but whatever had knocked you down appeared to be keeping you down, ensaring your legs with some sort of magic or pokémon attack. It couldn't be the Hypno from before, it had already been dealt with, it must be something different. Nearby, you hear Karen crying out and without your command, Ignatius disappears off into the bushes, returning in a matter of seconds with Karen, her leg in his jaws. "Release me, you oaf!" she chuckles, despite the severity of the situation, "Hey Alina, this may not be as simple as I thought. Someone else is hunting down the Tyranitar and, whoever it is, has some pretty powerful pokémon." With her words, the cloaked figure appeared from where Karen had been on the ground. "I consider that a compliment from someone of your capability." a sinister voice appears from where the face should be, "Good job I incapacitated the both of you when I could, I sense the beast is nearby. I will let it devour you before stealing it for myself..." As he spoke, the figure cackled deeply. If you were to escape, let alone Karen make her desired capture, you would have to deal with this man first, with or without the ability of your legs...

What will you do?HEY I FOUND IT.

Tapping her foot impatiently, Alina listened to the sound of the light padding of her Typhlosion's paws through the smoke and the confused cries of the Hypno. Ignatius seemed to be taking his dear old time, putting the Hypno, and even Alina, over the edge. It wasn't that she was worried that Ignatius would lose the battle. He had it pretty much under control. No, it was the knowledge of some cloaked figure running about the area and she was basically out in the open staring into a cloud of smoke. An easy target. The Hypno's situation was far worse, as he couldn't see at all and knew that some beast was after him for the kill. In an act of desperation, he released another Poison Gas attack, the smoke now turning into a purple hue. Only time would tell whether the poisonous gas would harm her Typhlosion, which only added to Alina's anxiety. God, how she wished he'd hurry up.

She could hear the Typhlosion's pace quicken, apparently unharmed by the Hypno's attack much to Alina's relief. With the still silence between the two Pokemon, Alina could only hope that things were going according to plan. The smoke was beginning to disperse, revealing the forms of Ignatius and the Hypno once more. Ignatius stood with a wicked, toothy grin on his face as he stood on his hind legs while the psychic type looked to and fro in confusion, quite unsure of what had just happened. Letting out a mighty roar as he threw his head back, Ignatius opened his mouth wide to let sparks gather in jaws as a bewildered Hypno snapped his head back in surprise. Concentrating the sparks into a single bolt of electricity, the attack struck the the confused psychic as quick as lightning, knocking it to the ground once and for all.

Delighted with his victory, Ignatius ran back to his trainer, lapping her face with a huge tongue which made Alina wish she were dead. Pushing his snout away, Alina wiped off her face in disgust with her sleeve, mumbling, "God, that's so disgusting! God knows where that tongue has been. You probably clean yourself or something with it..."

Iggy scratched his snout with a claw and sniffed. He was no Persian...

Alina took one last look at the fainted Hypno, feeling slight pity for it. "Shame, really. If its opponent wasn't you I bet this battle would have been pretty difficult overall, and it would have had a chance to shine. With a bit of training I bet it would be a beast."

Ignatius picked his teeth with a claw, his usual smirk upon his face. Sure, it could've been an impressive Hypno, but it could never match up to Iggy the Typhlosion.

Turning to the direction Karen ran off in, Alina said with slight worry in her voice, "we should get going. Even though Karen can take care of herself, that cloaked figure really kind of worries me..."

Ignatius sensed her unease, and his usual smile disappeared. As Alina's first Pokemon, long-time companion, and closest friend, he felt responsible for keeping his trainer safe, so, without warning, he bounded off into the trees where the figure once stood, only to bolt off into the direction where Karen was heading. "HEY, slow down you ***! I don't have four legs and-- DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!"

"Ignatius isn't that fast," whispered Prestige from within his Pokeball, yawning slightly. "You just can't keep up because a dead person runs faster than you."

Ignoring Prestige's remarks, Alina ran as fast as she could to keep up with her fiery companion, only to reach a clearing littered with make-shift tombstones. Alina stopped to catch her breath beside Ignatius who was acting rather strange. He sensed that something wasn't quite right here, but then again, they were in the middle of a graveyard. Such feelings are common in places like these. But what bothered the two the most was that there was no sign of Karen...

Suddenly, Ignatius cried out in alarm. Alina spun around to see what all the fuss was about, but was knocked to the ground by some unknown force, leaving her in a confused daze. She looked around frantically for the source of this attack as Karen cried out for help, but could see nothing. Whatever had forced her down before was keeping her down, however, and Ignatius disappeared into the bushes without her command, leaving a panicked Alina struggling on the ground. Trying to calm herself down, Alina tried to sort things out in her head and assess the situation she was caught in. She reassured herself that Ignatius would be back with the culprit, most likely, and she would be free soon. As for the force that was keeping her down, it was most likely from a psychic Pokemon... but it couldn't have been from the Hypno. Nah, that guy is probably still passed out in the forest. This was something else... But Iggy could probably take it out instantly. He seemed to be brimming with energy, still.

Ignatius soon returned, carefully dragging Karen along with her leg in his jaws. "Release me, you oaf!" ordered Karen before turning to Alina, "Hey Alina, this may not be as simple as I thought. Someone else is hunting down the Tyranitar and, whoever it is, has some pretty powerful pokémon."

Ignatius released his grip on Karen and exchanged a sarcastic "well isn't this just lovely" look with Alina. If Karen couldn't handle this guy, how could Alina do any better? Alina managed to pull herself up to a sitting position, however her legs were still paralyzed by that same unknown force.

"I consider that a compliment from someone of your capability."

Alina turned her head to find the cloaked figure standing where Karen once had been. "Good job I incapacitated the both of you when I could, I sense the beast is nearby. I will let it devour you before stealing it for myself..."

"You know, you're not too bright," Alina said matter-of-factly. "A girl such as myself is obviously harmless, but my Typhlosion here could cause some serious damage. Yet, I'm the one here who's incapacitated while my Typhlosion can go about doing whatever he pleases? Brilliant."

"You know, it might not be a fantastic idea to go provoking this guy," Prestige muttered. He could very well do the same thing to your Typhlosion, or maybe just do us all a favor and kill you."

Alina sighed and tried to calm her nerves. She'd do anything to prevent this jackass from getting his hands on that magnificent beast.

"How about we settle this in a civilized matter," Alina began, unsure of whether she should propose such a thing of attempt to crawl off into the bushes. "Let's have a battle so you can at least say you won your prize fair and square."

"As if he cares for such a thing," mumbled Prestige.

"I mean, seriously, wouldn't it feel better to fairly win that Tyranitar rather then steal it by cheap tricks?" Alina continued. She knew she would seriously regret this, but perhaps if she could even remotely weaken his Pokemon, the Tyranitar could easily finish the job. But he didn't seem to be the type to play by the rules... would she be putting her own Pokemon in danger? Shuffling through her pocket to find Prestige's pokeball, she asked "How're you feeling? Are you up for this?"

"Ah, of course. Being your Pokemon, I should always be prepared to do something incredibly stupid."

"Great!" Alina smiled, releasing Prestige from his pokeball. She turned to the cloaked figure and asked, "So, do we have a battle."

"This will be a total disaster, and you know it," sighed Prestige. "Besides, I was being sarcastic when I said I was up to this--"

"Nonsense, you're a cheap battler," smirked Alina.

"Cheap? I take offense to that. They're called 'tactics'"

Alina was beginning to grow tense as she was unsure what type of Pokemon this guy would release, or if Prestige could even handle it. She could tell Ignatius was thinking the same thing as they exchanged looks of worry with each other.

"Hey, hey!" Prestige cried out. "What's with all this doubt about me? Have I failed you before?"

Ignatius pondered this question for a moment before Prestige thwacked him with his spoon, saying, "How was using Al as a bowling ball a stupid thing to do? Aron are born to be bowling balls!"

"Okay, seriously," Alina said, clapping to get Prestige's attention back to her. "Prestige, start with the usual Thunder Wave and hit it with a Shadow Ball, whatever he comes up with. Teleport away from anything that could seriously harm you."

"Of course, of course. Let's get this over with."