PDA

View Full Version : Serebii.net Update: Wednesday: Movie 12 News

SerebiiBot
11th February 2009, 3:00 PM
Serebii.net has just updated with this:

Expecting more CoroCoro stuff over the next day or so so keep checking back In The Movies Department Movie 12 News CoroCoro has revealed further Movie 12 news. First, it notes the expected inclusion of Arceus into the movie's title; Arceus - Towards ...

More... (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)

Pokemonwarrior
11th February 2009, 3:12 PM
Oh dear prepare for everyone to flip out about the 2nd gen starters pointing to a 2nd gen remake just from the movie poster thats all we need. lol

Cyclone
11th February 2009, 3:30 PM
Oh dear prepare for everyone to flip out about the 2nd gen starters pointing to a 2nd gen remake just from the movie poster thats all we need. lol

Exactly.

Although it definitely looks that way...

ShinyLucario
11th February 2009, 4:33 PM
Huh, johto starters in the movie. . .

that's odd but nice. No clue what its hinting to (if anything). It could easily be nothing too

Serebii
11th February 2009, 4:59 PM
Well to be honest I have been expecting what everyones guessing. There's a reason why 5 particular Pokémon aren't on the random generator for PotW afterall :p

GiovanniWilliamsonTroyBoy
11th February 2009, 5:02 PM
wow i can't even think of a plot involving the Johto starters..

ShinyLucario
11th February 2009, 5:03 PM
Well to be honest I have been expecting what everyones guessing. There's a reason why 5 particular Pokémon aren't on the random generator for PotW afterall :p
XD If only it would happen but I'll be logical and not get my hopes up. . .

Clamps
11th February 2009, 5:21 PM
Honestly, everyone is saying they are expecting people to come in like idiots saying "oMg!!1!oenone!!11eleven!11111 G/s RemEkas!" But can you think of any other reason they would put the G/S starters in this movie?

Cyclone
11th February 2009, 5:29 PM
Honestly, everyone is saying they are expecting people to come in like idiots saying "oMg!!1!oenone!!11eleven!11111 G/s RemEkas!" But can you think of any other reason they would put the G/S starters in this movie?

I can think of two:

1) Sh*ts
2) Giggles

Kidding. That's most likely the reason. Who knows when the next Nintendo hand-held is going to come out? Game remakes are a good way to appease Pokemon fans who are waiting for the next Pokemon games to be released.

Pokemonwarrior
11th February 2009, 5:58 PM
I can think of two:

1) Sh*ts
2) Giggles

Kidding. That's most likely the reason. Who knows when the next Nintendo hand-held is going to come out? Game remakes are a good way to appease Pokemon fans who are waiting for the next Pokemon games to be released.

That is true people that play pokemon would be happy for a bit to hold them over till the new hand held comes out. If theres a remake coming it would keep them busy. But still yet they wouldn't have to wait for the new system to come out to make a new gen of pokemon though its likely they will. But still the DS has a bit of life left in it's old chips and pixels with the new version of the DS coming soon. Lastly a remake would be only for holding people over and nostalgia purposes only since its not really needed to get any past gen pokemon for the 4th gen games. so we will have to just wait till more info hits us in our faces lol.

Clamps
11th February 2009, 6:21 PM
Actually, there is one thing G/S remakes could give us, and that's Celebi. Hey, isn't there something (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GS_Ball) in the anime that has a Celebi in it? And where is it? In Johto? Oh, coincidence!

AstralEon
11th February 2009, 6:23 PM
Wow, the 3 Johto starters on the cover. Was the Johto region hiding secrets from us for all this time? I do hope so because Johto needed a spotlight. Finally more stories behind this region.

Can't wait for more news on this.

Pokemonwarrior
11th February 2009, 6:26 PM
Wouldn't it be a kick in the paints if the Cyndaquil and Totodile in the poster be ashes old ones from oaks lab?

ShinyLucario
11th February 2009, 6:35 PM
Actually, there is one thing G/S remakes could give us, and that's Celebi. Hey, isn't there something (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GS_Ball) in the anime that has a Celebi in it? And where is it? In Johto? Oh, coincidence!
Except we never get in-game events for hidden Pokemon like Celebi. If anything it'd be another Japan-only event. But that's assuming G/S is remade which I doubt happening. I don't even recall if the event was doable in Japanese games (I think it was but don't hold me to it).

mitchman_93
11th February 2009, 6:57 PM
It was after you got 16 badges but only in crystal. Anyway i cant believe you are actually doubting this. The 3 starters and a pichu (pikas pre evo if you have forgotten) come out of nowhere in a movie and all you can say its doubtful and only possible? hell i wouldnt be surprised if the in next months issue box the words a new game along with mystery dungeon is coming as well!

Clamps
11th February 2009, 7:09 PM
Except we never get in-game events for hidden Pokemon like Celebi. If anything it'd be another Japan-only event. But that's assuming G/S is remade which I doubt happening. I don't even recall if the event was doable in Japanese games (I think it was but don't hold me to it).

After you got all 16 badges, you entered something into the Cellphone adapter and Nintendo sent you a GS BALL. Then you give the ball to Kurt, wait one day, get the ball back, put it in the Ilex Forest Shrine, and a wild Lvl 30 Celebi appeared. It was only doable in the JP Crystal, due to the Cellphone adapter being a JP exclusive, but the entire event was translated, which proves it was intended to be included at one time. The cellphone adapter could be likened to Nintendo Wi-Fi, and it would be easy to include this with the potential G/S remakes.

BCVM22
11th February 2009, 7:12 PM
This "jumping to conclusions and screeching when people point out how premature it is" schtick of yours gets old really fast, mitchman.

This new information is intriguing but it positively does not confirm anything in and of itself. PMD3 (2.5?) is the franchise's next release, later this spring. Any potential future games will be slowly announced after that, which, not coincidentally, was when Platinum was announced last year for a fall release.

What is, is and what shall be, shall be, but the fact of the matter is that this new information is not - is not - tantamount to any sort of game-related announcement.

Clamps
11th February 2009, 7:54 PM
This new information is intriguing but it positively does not confirm anything in and of itself. PMD3 (2.5?) is the franchise's next release, later this spring. Any potential future games will be slowly announced after that, which, not coincidentally, was when Platinum was announced last year for a fall release.

True, but don't they normally reveal Pokémon from upcoming games before the new game? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Giratina's origin forme revealed before Platinum? Sure, the G/S/C starters aren't really revealing anything, but they are hinting at something.

ShinyLucario
11th February 2009, 8:30 PM
True, but don't they normally reveal Pokémon from upcoming games before the new game? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Giratina's origin forme revealed before Platinum? Sure, the G/S/C starters aren't really revealing anything, but they are hinting at something.
They might not be hinting at anything though =/ Just because we see the johto starters doesn't 100% confirm a G/S remake. The anime and games do NOT go hand in hand.

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th February 2009, 8:33 PM
To be fair, the Anime has served as an introduction to things before. The first New Generation Pokemon debut in the movies. Giratina Origin, Shayming Sky Forme, and the Reverse World which was basically the Torn World all debuted in the 11th movie before Platinum came out.

So, yeah, Johto Pokemon playing a prominent role in a DP Movie, especially ones who are the starters, seems like a decent reason.

Clamps
11th February 2009, 8:34 PM
They might not be hinting at anything though =/ Just because we see the johto starters doesn't 100% confirm a G/S remake. The anime and games do NOT go hand in hand.

You do realize that the anime is primarily a vehicle to advertise the games, right?

ShinyLucario
11th February 2009, 8:36 PM
Well I wouldn't jump to conclusions. It could just be them starring and doing jack squat for the series.

Clamps
11th February 2009, 8:45 PM
Well I wouldn't jump to conclusions. It could just be them starring and doing jack squat for the series.

If that is the case, then why not just choose the Hoenn starters, or the Kanto starters? They would have just as much relevance, and it wouldn't fuel 2nd gen remake discussion. But they didn't, and they chose Pokémon from games that a large amount of the community wants or would like to see remakes of. So they obviously decided to do something, not to mention that the Notched-ear Pichu is in the shot with the 3 starters, and it too is a 2nd gen Pokémon.

JustinConnor
11th February 2009, 9:06 PM
I'll throw this out there.
The new DS model has no GBA slot.
Think about it.

Unrelated to near baseless speculation, yay Arceus movie!

Skirgedot
11th February 2009, 9:17 PM
I do believe 2nd gen remakes are coming in, but I wouldn't expect 16 badges you know...Kanto has already been make. It would be really weird having Kanto debuted on all 4 generations, but it also could be something Gamefreak choose of (the company is all about peculiarities).

This just adds to the dozens of clues we already had about the remakes. Its gonna be nice to revive Johto though. I played my last minutes 7 to 8 years ago.

Pokemonwarrior
11th February 2009, 9:21 PM
"Hey look over there!" *points to the poster* lol We all over looked Heatran its in a movie finally.

Clamps
11th February 2009, 9:22 PM
This just adds to the dozens of clues we already had about the remakes. Its gonna be nice to revive Johto though.

No. This is the only clue about remakes. Jasmine being in Sinnoh and everything else that people think are clues to remakes are simply references, and are no more hinting at remakes than Bill's reappearing in Johto in G/S/C was hinting at a 2nd gen R/G/B/Y remake.

lindsy95
11th February 2009, 10:04 PM
I wish...(for GS remakes) but Im not saying that it proves anything but it seems odd out off all the pokemon...

I honestly thought they were ashes but then I realized he has a bayleaf.

I have no Idea what to think honestly :/

Oh and YAY HEATRAN!

hes probably gonna be like poor regigias though >>'

ShinyLucario
11th February 2009, 10:33 PM
Ugh, you ever stop to think that MAYBE JUST MAYBE a major character in the movie trains those 3? It could just be a movie-only character that is from johto and thus has those 3. Its not hinting at a darn thing!

Clamps
11th February 2009, 10:39 PM
Ugh, you ever stop to think that MAYBE JUST MAYBE a major character in the movie trains those 3? It could just be a movie-only character that is from johto and thus has those 3. Its not hinting at a darn thing!

But my point is why? Why would they do that for no reason? And why would they put Johto starters, Pokemon from a game that a good amount of the fanbase would like to see remade, in a movie over any other regions starters?

RandomRubberDuck
11th February 2009, 11:12 PM
Not only does the majority of the community want a remake of the G/S, but, if you also think about it, the older players do want that, not the young kids.

The younger kids (who the game is created for, remember that people) don't know what Johto is really. I got Silver, what, eight years ago. Most kids have no idea how awesome G/S were, and they don't know where JOHTO is, but, they mention it all of a sudden... KIDS DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT/WHERE JOHTO IS, SO GF IS NOT JUST INCLUDING THESE REFERENCES TO JOHTO SO THE KIDS CAN FEEL LIKE GAMES DO CONNECT, unless a remake is in the work.

sorry, but I'm feeling really strongly on this fact right now.

cmitch25
11th February 2009, 11:19 PM
Johto starters might be hinting at a G/S remake, but it still seems a little late for one. I just hope they do make one and I'm getting annoyed by hearing everyone complain that they haven't made one yet.

Nekuda
11th February 2009, 11:59 PM
Hey folks. I'm not a huge Pokemon fan, but this thread (http://schiphol.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/poke/1234371883/) at 2ch seems to have a lot of people celebrating the confirmation of Gold and Silver remakes, in relation to that one CoroCoro image. So I'm not trying to get any hopes up (I'm actually looking for Rockman news). But if someone else can confirm that, thought it might be useful.

kirkeastment
12th February 2009, 12:01 AM
all these talks about a remake, has anyone considered the fact that rather than a remake, ninty will simply utilise the DSi shop and offer online downloads of the original games, that you can save to your DSi's flash memory

Mega Weavile
12th February 2009, 12:32 AM
I'll throw this out there.
The new DS model has no GBA slot.
Think about it.

Unrelated to near baseless speculation, yay Arceus movie!

WTF? Do you think that they're making a GBA remake for G/S!?

all these talks about a remake, has anyone considered the fact that rather than a remake, ninty will simply utilise the DSi shop and offer online downloads of the original games, that you can save to your DSi's flash memory

That's a good idea, it would be great too.

MarcDragoon
12th February 2009, 12:38 AM
nice more of johto stuff its been a long time they didnt make a remake

Serebii
12th February 2009, 12:41 AM
Why make $1million when you can make $200million

Skirgedot
12th February 2009, 12:42 AM
Not only does the majority of the community want a remake of the G/S, but, if you also think about it, the older players do want that, not the young kids.

The younger kids (who the game is created for, remember that people) don't know what Johto is really. I got Silver, what, eight years ago. Most kids have no idea how awesome G/S were, and they don't know where JOHTO is, but, they mention it all of a sudden... KIDS DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT/WHERE JOHTO IS, SO GF IS NOT JUST INCLUDING THESE REFERENCES TO JOHTO SO THE KIDS CAN FEEL LIKE GAMES DO CONNECT, unless a remake is in the work.

sorry, but I'm feeling really strongly on this fact right now.

The kids, the real ones, who like Pokémon, then will see the remakes as new awesome games they need to play on. To us, old folks, its gonna be just like new. To them, will be new. Fire Red and Leaf Green also sold pretty well, and I'm sure most kids by the time didn't knew the existance of a first generation. That's not really the point.

Nolan Bentley
12th February 2009, 5:28 AM
This has turned into a GS remake thread.

On-topic:What of Heatran? This movie is set in Greece if i'm not mistaken. That city that was wiped out by a volcano eruption. What was it called? Pampa. (bad spelling) Let's not forget the greek gods often fought one another and brought ruin to the land around them. Makes sense why they would set it in Greece.

Clamps
12th February 2009, 6:15 AM
On-topic:What of Heatran? This movie is set in Greece if i'm not mistaken. That city that was wiped out by a volcano eruption. What was it called? Pampa. (bad spelling) Let's not forget the greek gods often fought one another and brought ruin to the land around them. Makes sense why they would set it in Greece.

Pompeii was a Roman city, but you do have a point there.

What did you expect? This forum doesn't even have a single thread where people can even discuss the possibility of a G/S remake, so we make space.

Mew-100
12th February 2009, 8:15 AM

It's random?!

WolvesareFunny
12th February 2009, 9:26 AM

What did you expect? This forum doesn't even have a single thread where people can even discuss the possibility of a G/S remake, so we make space.

lol i read about pompei i guess heatran being caught in a volcano adds up to roman setting for the movie!

WolvesareFunny
12th February 2009, 9:31 AM
i played blue then yellow but i remember the gsc pokemon games anyone else agree that strongly it adss up to a gs remake?

Janovy
12th February 2009, 9:41 AM
i played blue then yellow but i remember the gsc pokemon games anyone else agree that strongly it adss up to a gs remake?

I agree. From all Pokemon they have chosen 3 starters of jotho. But maybe these 3 starters are Ash Pokemon from past because of Dialga or something, I dont know:P

halloweenghost
12th February 2009, 10:11 AM
I agree. From all Pokemon they have chosen 3 starters of jotho. But maybe these 3 starters are Ash Pokemon from past because of Dialga or something, I dont know:P

don't forget notched ear pichu is also in this... seems to be showin lots of GS pokes... perhaps if the GS remake truly is coming it will show new male female forms as well.

lindsy95
12th February 2009, 1:05 PM

FFFFF...didnt see that one heatran might tie in with a city (even though that was in rome)

JustinConnor
12th February 2009, 4:01 PM
WTF? Do you think that they're making a GBA remake for G/S!?

No I mentioned the lack of GBA slot on the new DS because it means you can't migrate.

In the GBA Gen, you had R/S with some pokes, and then E/FR/LF added to allow you to catch every non-event pokemon. If you can't migrate pokemon now, what better way to allow you to catch 'em all than with another game or two to fill in the 35(ish) pokemon gap?

Ok that's dumb but w/e.

bonustime
12th February 2009, 8:05 PM
If there isn't a G/S remake then the starters will probably be distributed over wifi or something is my guess.

halloweenghost
12th February 2009, 10:16 PM
No I mentioned the lack of GBA slot on the new DS because it means you can't migrate.

In the GBA Gen, you had R/S with some pokes, and then E/FR/LF added to allow you to catch every non-event pokemon. If you can't migrate pokemon now, what better way to allow you to catch 'em all than with another game or two to fill in the 35(ish) pokemon gap?

Ok that's dumb but w/e.

not only that but... do they even make GBA games anymore?

BCVM22
13th February 2009, 1:39 AM
do they even make GBA games anymore?

Sure don't.

WolvesareFunny
13th February 2009, 8:55 AM
Sure don't.

they sure dont but heatran= tie in from setting like pompei or something besides the possible g/s remake!

TwinBroz
13th February 2009, 10:44 PM
Pokemon movies are ALWAYS en elaborate way of advertisement. They hint to things and 4 johto pokemon out of know where? Maybe somethings up.

Many people have requested/spectaculated/wanted a pokemon G/S Remake so if Gamefreak or Nintendo has seen this popular and high fan base, they see it as an oppurtunity.

What better way then to advertise it in a new movie.

Nolan Bentley
13th February 2009, 11:32 PM

It was?!?!?!? Wow, i really have to know my ancient history better. But that type of theme might happen. Like the fight gets so big, Heatran is wakes up and kills everything. Or maybe ash and co. meet a scientist who is studying a volcano and his pokemon are the three joto starters. The Pichu is just a wild pokemon.

seadragon227
17th February 2009, 5:42 PM
silly kids here's whats gonna happen. This movie will have either a little movie introducing or re-introducing the Johto starters to us. Another thing would be along side the movie they team up with Ash and the little kiddies see what they can do. Movie 12 is just a marketing ploy to the not so distant remakes pls ^.^!

george9807
17th February 2009, 6:36 PM
I was reading about possible remakes and I found out that the G/S cartridges for the GBColour had internal batterys so that the game could keep track of the day/night cycle etc (Diamond and Pearl dont have internal as they use the DS's internal clock) because of this many cartridges are dying and becoming unplayable.
Nintendo probably:
a)doesnt want to lose Jhoto forever
b)doesnt want to lose the Jhoto pokemon forever
and
c)wants to make more money.:p

I also think that nintendo wil want us to have the ability to get every single pokemon on D/P/Platinum cartridges so that they can be easily traded to the next generation of pokemon games, especially as the DS slot is being removed and pal park will soon not be as widely available to use.

This movie is definatley a sign of a remake:D

Psyduck Ranger
19th February 2009, 11:23 AM
I think that's a good point about the DSi lacking a GBA slot, hadn't thought of it. Makes sense, they made FR/LG to allow people to get all available Pokémon from the time, but all are available in these games. Now, whilst they're obviously still available, Nintendo seems to be trying to phase that out...

Whilst I don't know if these choices indicate a G/S remake, I do think it's significant. Could be wrong, but that's what I think.

Nintendo would have nothing to lose from the remakes though, surely they must have heard some of what we're saying, how much we want them. I don't know much about programming, but I don't think it'd be too hard to program the games, what with there being some basis both the particular games and the console...

Oh, thought this was interesting, the DSi's American release is apparently April 5th, but I've just got an email from GAME stating the English release to be April 3rd. We got it first, woo!

WolvesareFunny
23rd February 2009, 10:19 AM
I think that's a good point about the DSi lacking a GBA slot, hadn't thought of it. Makes sense, they made FR/LG to allow people to get all available Pokémon from the time, but all are available in these games. Now, whilst they're obviously still available, Nintendo seems to be trying to phase that out...

Whilst I don't know if these choices indicate a G/S remake, I do think it's significant. Could be wrong, but that's what I think.

Nintendo would have nothing to lose from the remakes though, surely they must have heard some of what we're saying, how much we want them. I don't know much about programming, but I don't think it'd be too hard to program the games, what with there being some basis both the particular games and the console...

Oh, thought this was interesting, the DSi's American release is apparently April 5th, but I've just got an email from GAME stating the English release to be April 3rd. We got it first, woo!

if they release a g/s remaks ill hug everyone and toss cookies!