PDA

View Full Version : Your luck with Pokemon eggs.

Brumrha
15th February 2009, 6:47 PM
Since you can only get eggs from optional missions, unlike in the main games, which Pokemon you'll get from the egg, as well as its move-set, are pretty much up in the air.

In the main games, you have all the control in the world; the possibilities are endless, & if done properly, it is very possible to hatch the perfect Pokemon. However, in PMD 2, all of this is based off of the luck of the draw.

Thus, this brings along this question: Do you ever get lucky with any of the eggs that you get?

Wisest Celebi
15th February 2009, 8:59 PM
Actually, my luck is very little when it comes to eggs. Even if it's Pokemon I haven't recruited yet, I have no idea what gender it will be.

DarkerShining
15th February 2009, 9:56 PM
Actually, it is possible to know what gender it will be as there is a connection between dungeon floors and pokemon genders. I made a thread about it a while back, but it's gone now...

When you get an egg as reward for a mission, just remember on what floor you completed the mission on. If it was an odd numbered floor, the pokemon will be male (unless it's a female only or genderless pokemon), and if it was on an even numbered floor, the pokemon will be female (unless it's a male only or genderless pokemon).

serebiifreak
16th February 2009, 1:03 AM
I don't mind what pokemon I get I don't use them because 1. I either got them 2.They are level 1 3.I don't like the pokemon specie. But when I get the egg I usually get excited in what pokemon will hatch from it. :D

MKFC
16th February 2009, 10:08 AM
I usually have really bad luck with them, as they are usually the one Pokémon I've already recruited on that floor =(

FrostFlash
17th February 2009, 4:07 AM
I usually have really bad luck with them, as they are usually the one Pokémon I've already recruited on that floor =(

Yeah, getting Phanpy eggs for like 5-6 times already from both Amp Plains and Lost Wilderness.

The Baron of Fate
17th February 2009, 11:30 PM
Since you can only get eggs from optional missions, unlike in the main games, which Pokemon you'll get from the egg, as well as its move-set, are pretty much up in the air.

In the main games, you have all the control in the world; the possibilities are endless, & if done properly, it is very possible to hatch the perfect Pokemon. However, in PMD 2, all of this is based off of the luck of the draw.

Thus, this brings along this question: Do you ever get lucky with any of the eggs that you get?

This is not completely true. You may not have control over the pokemon you get, but you have full control over it's attacks.

Just like in the other games, if you save at any time before hatching the egg, you can soft reset for it's attacks. This significantly reduces the amount of 'luck' needed to breed for great pokes.

And if everyone knew this, then please ignore me.

Yuppirox
18th February 2009, 1:41 AM
In PMD2, everything is random, isn't it? No, I'm never lucky. I only get Pokemon that you can find in Dungeons that are not rare or special. Curse my lack of luck!>.<

The Baron of Fate
18th February 2009, 1:59 AM
In PMD2, everything is random, isn't it? No, I'm never lucky. I only get Pokemon that you can find in Dungeons that are not rare or special. Curse my lack of luck!>.<

Once again, this is incorrect. I have Soft Reseted many times for good moves on eggs. For example, Dragonbreath Dratini I have reseted for,

kirby8933083
18th February 2009, 6:32 AM
Ah, so I'm not the only one with bad luck with eggs? ^_^; I usually ignore the egg moves b/e in the end I only end up using my partner and hero pokemon over baby Oddish (which I get a lot of) or whatever. Plus, I usually forget about finding missions that have a possibility of getting the special egg, or if I get an egg I end up forgetting all about with Chancey. There are better rewards out there than eggs imo. >_> I'd rather stockpile gummies, reviver seeds and whatnot than worry about getting a Cleffa with a special move.

PurpleMew
18th February 2009, 12:38 PM
I tend to not get eggs and don't tend to bother about them If I get one because I tend to be able to recruit Pokemon very easily and have no need to use eggs but I tend to get annoyed If I do get one because It takes ages for me to hatch it.

Sapphire Phoenix
19th February 2009, 3:51 AM
I don't care about eggs, but I sometimes get good pokemon.

rekreatur
19th February 2009, 6:25 PM
My luck is terrible, I keep on getting useless Pokémon like Wurmple, Caterpe and other Bug typed Pokémon that almost everyone hates. If I don't get that, then I get something else that can't get any Egg moves, something that I have already, a terribly weak Pokémon or a Pokémon that I despise. I rarely even bother doing the Egg missions, and if I do I forget the Egg by Chansey anyway. Then I remember about it when I see an Egg mission again. I don't use Pokémon I get from Eggs anyways, so I dunno why I do the missions, the only usable thing I ever got was a Vulpix with a few good Egg moves. xD;

PokemonBluev
19th February 2009, 7:40 PM
I havnt hatched an egg since silver now, I remember though

EeveeSkitty
20th February 2009, 7:19 AM
I have horrible egg luck and don't ever get egg moves.

^And this is the Spin Off Forum, not the 2nd Gen one.

Shadow Tepi 8
20th February 2009, 9:43 AM
I think I've had a little bit of luck with eggs. Once I hatched a Charmander with Outrage but I didn't really bother using it. I've already got a good team so I couldn't be bothered with egg moves.

guizaum
20th February 2009, 2:38 PM
I hatched an Aerodactyl with Assurance

I dont know my luck,i've hatched only one egg LOL

Yellow Aura
21st February 2009, 3:59 AM
I got a Phione once, put most are bad. (Haven't hachted that many)

Wigglytuff FTW!
21st February 2009, 5:10 AM
I actually got a Mime Jr. with this one if its species item that let's its Psychic attacks do normal damage to dark types. But usually I get not-good stuff.

Silverninetails
22nd February 2009, 2:58 AM
Hmm. I got an Azurill with slam.
I will try to get a male igglybuff with Perish song.

Shiny-Psyduck
23rd February 2009, 12:11 AM
I am not going to lie- my luck is absolutely horrible. I usually get like a Hopip or a a Dodou.

xdragonx
24th February 2009, 2:44 AM
I've got to say, the PMD2 Egg system is quite annoying/random.
My luck's pretty bad. I usually end up getting something lousy, like: Shellos, Starly, Wurmple (lol), etc. The only decent Pokemon I've ever received was an Eevee with Wish; however, I haven't even bothered with it to even raise the poor thing from lv. 1.

Momizi
25th February 2009, 11:40 AM
i mostly get the pokemon out the egg what i already have ..so actually no not lucky in that

Dragon Rules
26th February 2009, 2:53 AM
One time I got really lucky and got an azuril with its item when it was born. But other times I got pokemon that I already have.

thebluekid
26th February 2009, 4:27 AM
After 2-3 months of playing these games, I have only one egg. I hate this whole "luck of the draw" thing.

(s.i.e)
26th February 2009, 3:19 PM
my luck with eggs often fails, the whole thing is too random i receive things i already got most of the time-_-

Palamon
27th February 2009, 11:38 PM
My egg luck is Eh.. Not too good. In fact it's not good at all.

(s.i.e)
5th March 2009, 2:49 PM
My egg luck is Eh.. Not too good. In fact it's not good at all.

why? have you received a ping pong ball instead?

JFate
15th March 2009, 9:50 AM
Not very good but as common as the Pokemon I get in teh eggs, it's usually not in my roster yet.

goldgolem
15th March 2009, 10:52 AM
i keep getting wingulls from eggs, i only recruited 1 for i dont really need so many but my luck blows with eggs

heatran_ran
19th March 2009, 2:40 PM
I've got a jigglypuff once, and somehow managed to get most starters in eggs...