PDA

View Full Version : Ever got traded a Pokémon with a bogus name?

Glitcher
21st February 2009, 6:24 PM
Has anyone ever had an experience on the GTS where you got traded a Pokémon that you just found out had been given a really stupid name? Imagine getting that Scizor you've always wanted, only to discover its name is "Bug" and there's nothing you can do about it. Or better yet, it could be a badly-named Kadabra holding an Everstone. Happened to anyone?

DarkLegend
21st February 2009, 7:19 PM
I once got an Abra called ... get this... "BoobCover"

.... I assume because the pokemon is... A-BRA

tasteless yet hillarious

I like Pokemon (...)
21st February 2009, 7:40 PM
A-BRA *gigglesnort*

I don't have WiFi, but my friend does. He got a Jynx named "*********" -.-

doku888
21st February 2009, 7:57 PM
Geez I got a corpish that I wanted, had an adamant nature, but it's name was... I hope I don't get in trouble even though I'll "bleep out most of it "S**". Yeah. I wanted to use it competetively too. Sigh...

Luminous
21st February 2009, 8:23 PM
But can't you still just check the name before you trade? unless of course you're offering it.

Anyway, I hate getting Pokemon with Nicknames in other languages. (Chinese\Japanese\so on and so on)

masterleo
21st February 2009, 8:24 PM
I got a skunky named stinkpoo

DarkLegend
21st February 2009, 8:32 PM
Expect to get a lot of Skunktank's named "FART" on the GTS with the release of Platinum. Because "FART" is exactly what it is doing in that Plat sprite...

D/\rkness
21st February 2009, 8:58 PM
I got a shiny Bidoof named "Fatass". T.T

Dabottle
21st February 2009, 11:35 PM
I got a Shinx called Sheinux or Shinux I forget which.

GDynamic
22nd February 2009, 12:18 AM
My friend once got a Torchic named Choke, which has two meanings: one is a euphamism for a lewd act *as Torchic resembles a chicken...) and seeing as it eventually becomes a Fire/Fighting type, it could choke someone out like in MMA or wrestling.

Glitcher
22nd February 2009, 12:26 AM

tasteless yet hillarious

That's so brilliant, why didn't I think of it? XD
Actually, in the same vein, I once had a Rhyhorn I called "Horny".

TPJerematic
22nd February 2009, 12:31 AM
My friend once got a Torchic named Choke, which has two meanings: one is a euphamism for a lewd act *as Torchic resembles a chicken...)

L-O-Frickin-L, that has made my day.

On topic, i received an articuno and suicune both of which had ?????????? as their names with the same as trainer names.

and a Croagunk called BrEpicFail ...

Hammerheart
22nd February 2009, 12:32 AM
i recieved a tropius whos ot was Juan ca

apologies for the slightliy adult humour

Penguinist Trainer
22nd February 2009, 12:36 AM
I've never gotten any pokemon with strange names, but I wish they would let you change their names. After all, it is just a nickname and since the pokemon is going to be bonding with a new trainer, I think the 1st step to that bond would be giving it a new name.

After all, when you get an animal at an animal shelter, 90% of the time, you're going to be renaming it. I think you should be allowed to rename pokemon as well.

Poluxi
22nd February 2009, 12:42 AM
wow you guys got some pretty weird names i never trade on gts mainly because of stupid names like that

ForeverFlame
22nd February 2009, 12:44 AM
Yes. I got a Shiny Shinx named Sephiroth. I know that Shiny Shinx's are pretty common (I have two others), but it still sucks.

xLilith
22nd February 2009, 12:46 AM
I got a stupid Blissey called "WannaBe". Next, I got an Articuno named Freeze(F word here) D:. I got scared of the GTS ever since.

ZF911
22nd February 2009, 12:50 AM
It wasn't on the GTS(but was on WiFi), but I traded a rare shiny(from a friend) for a Rayquaza, because I don't have RSE. Turns out its name is Grn.Dragon. I asked her about it, and she said when she caught it, she let her 6 or 7 year old cousin name it. It's supposed to be called "Green Dragon."

Lucky me, an awesome Pokemon that was named by a little kid.

Poluxi
22nd February 2009, 12:58 AM
oh man i understand i have a friend who plays and he is like two years younger than me (im 15) and he gives all of his pkmon the stupidest names

hmmm
22nd February 2009, 1:00 AM
i had a few pokemon traded to me via GTS that had asian symbols....it was so annoying having to go to the name changer

Sapphire Phoenix
22nd February 2009, 1:08 AM
It wasn't on the GTS(but was on WiFi), but I traded a rare shiny(from a friend) for a Rayquaza, because I don't have RSE. Turns out its name is Grn.Dragon. I asked her about it, and she said when she caught it, she let her 6 or 7 year old cousin name it. It's supposed to be called "Green Dragon."

Lucky me, an awesome Pokemon that was named by a little kid.

lol.

I got a Lv. 100 Shiny Palkia from the GTS named MASSELLE... I really don't like the name D:

dragon-dark-master
22nd February 2009, 2:17 AM
I got a Metang called David...

I cant think of any meaning...

MarcDragoon
22nd February 2009, 2:23 AM
whats bogus about GTS is that almost evey one wants Events i mean im not going to trade my mew for a gengar + i got a palkia named kaka i mean come on...

The Red
22nd February 2009, 2:50 AM
I trades a shiny Ponyta to a person who was offering Bagons with excellent IV's on a trading board. The Bagon he gave me was nicknamed 4.3. I released it shortly after.

SelenaluvsDylan22
22nd February 2009, 3:05 AM
Oh lets see,
Ive gotten:
A staravia named the pope
A bidoof named bideath
an electivire name RQWWW
a crogunk named rapist
and a cynaquil named .

Hyper Chibi Absol
22nd February 2009, 3:12 AM
I managed to find a Zapdos named ZAPPOOP.1 I traded it for a different Zapdos on GTS.

Seriously... Why?

jabs4
22nd February 2009, 3:53 AM
I've had a few but the one that really stands out is a Dialga I got that was nicknamed "Spyro".

http://www.theanimationblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/spyro.jpg http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/dp_artwork/483.png

Just don't see the resemblance.

kryptonite krunch
22nd February 2009, 4:04 AM
Well, not over GTS, but in leafgreen, getting the lickitung named Marc. I love lickitung, and I've evo'ed him and it just bugs me.

I HATE kadabra, graveler, machoke or haunter holding an everstone..

Palamon
22nd February 2009, 4:07 AM
^ Yeah me too Marc! I mean MARC! crazy name for a likitung. This is a programmed trade. Yeah and the Girl with haunter she named it Gasper. >_>

shaymin_girl
22nd February 2009, 4:27 AM
Some of these names are rediculus
i got a Shaymin named Tifa
(i thought i was the only one who used Final Fantasy 7 names)

ZF911
22nd February 2009, 4:55 AM
I also got a Psyduck named Yellow off the GTS. I did it for the evo trick to evolve my Dusknoir, so I didn't really care.

I guess this is why there are tons of people requesting the same Pokemon that they are trading.

Glitcher
22nd February 2009, 7:07 AM
(i thought i was the only one who used Final Fantasy 7 names)

You've obviously never heard about something called the "Internet".

fire fan 888
22nd February 2009, 9:32 PM
the wierdest is a tyranotar named tyranocif. wierd...

Drako
22nd February 2009, 10:34 PM
Mr. Jesus. Someone I traded with named their gible Mr.Jesus. >.>

Hyper Chibi Absol
22nd February 2009, 10:40 PM
Mr. Jesus. Someone I traded with named their gible Mr.Jesus. >.>

Honestly... That's rather funny. xD

I remember finding a Shiny Palkia with a rather innapropriate name.

It was name Shitcock

The Thrashmeister
22nd February 2009, 10:46 PM
Erik Destler once traded me a Miltank called AIDS

... :[

Also, I've been breeding a crapload of Charmanders lately. I've been naming all the guys Steve and all the girls Stevette. Might be putting them on the GTS soon. Be warned.

Drako
22nd February 2009, 10:54 PM

It was name Shitcock

now that's funny

Anyone 4 Buttons?
22nd February 2009, 10:55 PM
I was eventually traded a Shiny Azumarill by a friend of mine, and I knew it was named, but I wanted it so badly. It is called Annie unfortunately.

Blue_Ditto_256
23rd February 2009, 2:09 AM

It was name Shitcock

Have you ever tried looking at Palkia's backsprite turned 90 degrees clockwise?
I once got a Level 1 Snorlax named MarioDavid off the GTS.

Arguebot
23rd February 2009, 4:09 AM
My freind once got a Eevee named " Robert "

Juputoru
23rd February 2009, 4:31 AM
"eff" you

A lovingly named Spiritomb. Not with that exact name, but I assume most of you have experienced enough of the world that you can figure out what the real name was. I don't really mind the name that much(especially since I just needed *a* spiritomb and could always breed another one if I needed a better name), but it is pretty immature.

miket6583
23rd February 2009, 7:20 AM
I once got a shiny Riolu named Rawr, with a little paw symbol next to it (or at least that's what I think it was...). Needless to say I was ******.

smartie
23rd February 2009, 5:57 PM
I got a Misdreavus wich I really wanted called Ggggggggggg or something.

Dragon Rules
25th February 2009, 12:23 AM
Got a perfect nature Cyndaquil that has the name "B-159",I guess maybe the owner of it was trying to hatch a shiny cyndaquil.

Draknir
25th February 2009, 12:28 AM
"Eff" You!!!!! Shining Regigigas, that was also hacked.

I released it the minute I saw it.

Averyy
25th February 2009, 12:32 AM
I got a Munchlax named Genobix. v_v

Pamizard
26th February 2009, 4:31 PM
i once got a magmortar named maganon o.o does that count as bogus?

shadowkami
26th February 2009, 4:50 PM

tasteless yet hillarious

That is so clever... Some douche named their abra Embrylex. Idk why. And a guy named his monferno, fire. wtf?

Pingouin7
27th February 2009, 12:08 AM
Maganon is Magmortar's French name.

The Abra named Embrylex would be Larvitar's French name, but maybe someone that tought his Abra would appear in Larvitar section.

Tyranocif is Tyranitar's French name.

Also, some people tell that they got Pokémon with weird names not on the GTS. Can't you just check the nickname before trading?

meornot0
27th February 2009, 1:06 AM
i got traded a "blaze bud" chimchar yesterday, at least i was only going to breed it.

meornot0
27th February 2009, 1:06 AM
srry accidental double post :(

NotChip
28th February 2009, 3:08 PM
I got an Empoleon off the GTS named "Custardman".

MKFC
28th February 2009, 7:28 PM
I got a shiny Dusknoir named w*****. And its OT was Mr. Gay... -_-;;

sweetpikachu
28th February 2009, 8:54 PM
Guess what crappy thing I got? I got a Pichu named 'Yay'. -_-;;;

chimchar19
1st March 2009, 3:58 AM
I once traded a pokemon only to find out that the pokemons nickname was Joey.

Birds of Paradise
4th March 2009, 9:13 AM
I hate it when people ruin perfectly good pokemon with awful names. I don't mind some nicknames (like my "Metadoom" metagross, or my "Lula" lucario) but I don't like it when they purposly have inappropriate names.

FAIRY5556
4th March 2009, 9:32 AM
i got a lv100 butterfree
named flatpoo

chaoses
4th March 2009, 10:00 AM
ya i got a shinny poliwag off gts 2 days ago nickname was cockblock

only reason i got it was because i have offered a zangoose for a poliwag ><;

sweetmiseries
5th March 2009, 2:58 AM
I didn't get traded it, but I saw a Garchomp on the GTS that's named yourexwife.

Funny thing is, it's a male Garchomp.

I cant think of a name
5th March 2009, 8:13 AM
I got a Glameow named "runnybutt and a hacked sealeo named "YOU F*GOT!"

Emo_Kirlia
5th March 2009, 8:17 AM
Abra Level 100 "IownedU"...I owned you...I so wanted to shark the GTS for any shiny Dialgas people were attempting to clone asking for an Abra Lv. 100. I would have liked to see the look on their face :)

fschulze47
5th March 2009, 10:32 PM
I got a Mismagius named...well, we won't go there, but it's fully evolved, and I can't trade it off or anything....

Gin_no_Soyokaze
5th March 2009, 10:38 PM
I've sent so many high valued Pokemon to the GTS with bogus names as a joke. Basically, anything level 100 that I mass bred with, random things I wanted to get rid of that other people might like, cloned legendaries that I was practicing cloning with...the usual. So if any of you get a Pokemon from "Dani"...schyeah...right here.

I got a Burmy named Rachel. No clue why. I just needed one for my dex.
I also have a Gible named "IGOTBALLZ" or something along the lines of that.
And then, I have a...wow...if I said this, the mods would be all over me. XD

I cant think of a name
6th March 2009, 7:15 AM
Just got a Jynx named "Drunkwh*re". Yeah, how appropriate.

~BluE~
6th March 2009, 7:17 AM
got a darkrai named

Pedilla

why I don't know

Maru90
6th March 2009, 7:43 AM
I got a Feebas named Mr.Fish and a Haunter named Gasper (that evolved into a Gengar and had pokerus).

That's it really, nothing funny

I cant think of a name
6th March 2009, 7:50 AM
^Your haunter probably came from an in-game trade you can get one like that in Snowpoint City.

FliCe
6th March 2009, 8:42 AM
i dont have wi-fi, but i got a Bagon called "Bagel" on trading with the link cable, i had no idea it had that name ^^ it was quite a laugh tho.

Selia
6th March 2009, 11:36 AM
I got an Buneary named Bunny and a Dialga named Steel dino. I know its not funny, but seriously. Those names are really not original

bulber
6th March 2009, 12:01 PM
I got a Piplup named Golfclub and a Gligar named Fiesta... Where did those names come from?

Oh yeah and a Ditto named... I'd rather not say.

Abra Level 100 "IownedU"...I owned you...I so wanted to shark the GTS for any shiny Dialgas people were attempting to clone asking for an Abra Lv. 100. I would have liked to see the look on their face :)

That would have been pricless!

ChloboShoka
6th March 2009, 12:18 PM
I traded a Jolteon with the nickname of P*nis. When I was bredding it at level one, it was quite funny when ther day-care lady said, "so far your penis has grown by 20." It was a bit amusing whrn I gave it the thunderstone and it said. "Your penis evolved into a Jolteon." XD

I gave someone on GST a baby feebas nicked named Erotic. - Well Milotic sounds erotic to me. =P And I thought the name would suit it if the person I traded it to would evolve it into Milotic.
SO far not any funny nicknames from a trade but I do have a male Bellossom nicknamed after word used for self-loving.