PDA

View Full Version : Having to re-start

Cool Trainer Okami
23rd February 2009, 3:49 AM
Recently the Pokemon pearl i was prepping a team on was destroyed by a puddle. Yep there goes all that hard work, plus my pokemon in pokemon ranch cant be retreived. So I have decided to re-start my pokemon training from the GBA carts, then buy a new diamond or pearl and get into platnium. So I start my pokemon team off again with a Charmander ;004; in Fire red. Any one else ever have something like that happen?

Penguinist Trainer
23rd February 2009, 4:50 AM
No, but that REALLY sucks. The only time my games have ever been restarted is when my little brother wanted to play and didn't realize there was only 1 game file, but I wasn't very far. It sucks even more that you can't retrieve the pokemon from the ranch either. i really hope you didn't lose any rare/shiny pokemon.

Cool Trainer Okami
23rd February 2009, 5:25 AM
Yeah I lost all my event pokemon, all my legendaries, my army of Bagons that know hydro pump (lol) and pritty much almost everything in the pokedex I had a complete one

Penguinist Trainer
23rd February 2009, 5:32 AM
I don't know if this helps at all, but is it possible to restart Pokemon Ranch? If so, you'd be able to get a Mew and Phione again. Also if you have Ranger 1 you could get Manaphy. With the Regigigas event coming soon, you'd be able to unlock the regis from platinum.

It may take some time, but I'm sure you'd be able to get most of your collection back again.

BlitzBlast
23rd February 2009, 6:08 AM
The only way to reset Ranch is to delete it, and buy it again.

Cool Trainer Okami
23rd February 2009, 6:14 AM
I think Ranch will accept a new game. Im pritty sure multiple games can use it but only the game that deposits is the one that can withdraw.

pokemonmaster2200
23rd February 2009, 10:46 AM
dont understand but its a ----ing feeling lol of course u can restart pokemon ranger

muumajii23
23rd February 2009, 1:30 PM
^ Dude, A) Learn the english language. Trust me, it helps.
B) It's RANCH they're talking about, not Ranger. Totally different, go look it up.

ANYWAYS, there is probably some way to hack Ranch, and you might be able to get them back, but you're gonna need to figure out how.

UmBRe0n
23rd February 2009, 2:55 PM
I was playing my pkmn pearl, was at a party, left the ds in a room whislt going to the loo, came back, gone. about 20 legit shinies some UT's and loads of my good pkn from emerald and fire red GONE! STOLEN! God bless you green jolteon. ='[

ForeverFlame
23rd February 2009, 4:04 PM
Really? I accidentally dropped my Pokemon Ranger in the toilet (best place to play the DS :P) and it was still perfectly fine. I went all OCD trying to dry it off, though. Maybe you should keep trying to get your Pearl to work?

I was playing my pkmn pearl, was at a party, left the ds in a room whislt going to the loo, came back, gone. about 20 legit shinies some UT's and loads of my good pkn from emerald and fire red GONE! STOLEN! God bless you green jolteon. ='[

So... Your $130 DS was stolen, and you're worrying about your $40 game?

UmBRe0n
23rd February 2009, 5:46 PM
Really? I accidentally dropped my Pokemon Ranger in the toilet (best place to play the DS :P) and it was still perfectly fine. I went all OCD trying to dry it off, though. Maybe you should keep trying to get your Pearl to work?

So... Your $130 DS was stolen, and you're worrying about your $40 game?

Nope it was Ł100 Ds, but forget my crappy jokes, just the cart was gone. Seeing tht the party was at me cuzes house i only didnt know 1 person who came, and the fact that all me cuzes there were like 9-11 they probly bragged to this kid idk and he took it. ah well, got me out of addiction for a good year or two.

ninjaboy00
23rd February 2009, 6:05 PM
not exactly i had an emerald with a complete pokedex (trading between collusseum XD and fire red) beat the battle frontier, became master coordinator the whole 9. the game and my DS was stolen. My friend found my DS in the trash broken by a GameStop she bought an emerald and her exact works were "this guy was insane" she told me this guy beat everything and had a complete pokedex and used the same name i used for my games but she had restarted it. That was my Emerald. now im starting over with the collaboration of Diamond and my Emerald

Silent Conversation
24th February 2009, 12:07 AM
It's never happened to me personally, but my cousin's Diamond entirely glitched up from Action Replay (well, that's what you get for cheating).

Cool Trainer Okami
24th February 2009, 6:33 AM
I tried to re-boot my Diamond and no luck the thing is totaly shot looks like sand that was in the puddle got into it and permently damaged the card.

Spartan061
25th February 2009, 2:54 AM
I recently lost my Pearl too. I will probably find it soon (Hopefully). Im angry, because tons of my Pokemon are on my Ranch, Including my 3 legit deoxys, my darkrai, all my legendary, shinys, and my lvl 100's. It sucks. But hopefully Ill find it.

Hopefully youre game will work out this time! Good Luck!

Cool Trainer Okami
27th February 2009, 6:45 PM
I just bought a new Diamond and Perl. It is driving me crazy though to go through the Advance cartridges to have pokemon to transfer to pal park. I also have no idea how to EV train :-(

COKTAL
28th February 2009, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I (well my sister) lost my Saphire game and I just recently found out once i could migrate on my Diamond. See, I had been borrowing Colloseum and XD from friends to get Ho-oh and Lugia. So once I could, i traded over all my lv. 100's over to help the game go by a little quicker. And for some reason I traded them all back onto my Saphire (I think I made another lv. 100 base) that I used for reseting. It's missing, and I'm hoping I can find it. Either it's on Saphire, or they were on XD when my memory card got permanently corrupted :( .

fschulze47
2nd March 2009, 2:05 AM
i played my game ALOT and i dont know if this has happened to anyone else, but the swarms stopped changing, so i feared it was glitched and started over.

shadowkami
2nd March 2009, 2:56 PM
Oh noes. I'm a bit OCD to play my ds above water. Near it is one thing.

Arsel
2nd March 2009, 8:56 PM
I traded over the GTS when the saved file became deleted...
I've recently found the motivation to start over again

chimchar19
3rd March 2009, 5:38 AM
Yeah that really sucks for you. I know what it feels like. I had firered in my gameboy sp and I was in Mervyns or Gotchallks and I went into the dressing room and left it in there.
I was so mad.

Cool Trainer Okami
3rd March 2009, 7:06 PM
Im finding it difficult to want to start over again :(

SnazzySwampert
29th June 2012, 7:12 PM
I did. My second soulsilver game just stopped working for some reason so I had to restart the game on my old one because it had my brother's game on it. So... yeah.

arceus03
29th June 2012, 7:53 PM
I start again all the time... lol. I dot have any event Pokemon or anything, so after a while I get bored and start a new journey. But my files sometimes do get corrupted in the middle of the game, after I've assembled half (or sometimes all) of my team and have nearly finished the journey. If that happens I stop playing altogether for that time since I get too lazy to restart, and only redo it after I feel like playing again.

dirkac
22nd July 2012, 6:27 PM
I don't know if this counts but, I had finally managed to get my own Milotic on Emerald, and I was readying it for a contest. Guess what happens? My friend's little brother decides to start a new game, let itself get killed 15 times, saves, and turns it off. Gone. All Gone. Over 700 hours clocked. Gone. All my shiny legendaries. Gone. My Events. Gone. I cried for about an hour.

Amethyst Star
22nd July 2012, 6:40 PM
Wow, that sucks. :/

I always get bored and restart after beating the elite four. I just trade my events to another game first.

Nibbles4Ever
22nd July 2012, 6:46 PM
Why did you bump this topic >.>

Nutter t.KK
22nd July 2012, 8:34 PM
Shutting thread been bummped a few times.