PDA

View Full Version : Should I restart my game and play it fairly?

ZF911
27th February 2009, 3:46 PM
Ok here's the deal, I have many regrets on my Pokemon Diamond. I have every Legendary except Mew(getting it on Ranch) and Arceus. But I've done really stupid things(it was my first game):

Caught Mesprit, Cresselia, Heatran, and tons and tons of Pokemon all with MasterBalls.

Beaten the Elite Four and Champion with lvl 99 hacks.

I thought "Platinum is my chance to make up for this," but I still want to beat Diamond the fair way.

So I could trade all the Legends and Rare Pokemon to Platinum, but then what should I do with all the Ranch Pokemon? There's hundreds of them, I can't trade them 6 at a time. I don't really want to just erase it, it took a long time. Should I just take out the ones that matter to me?

What is your opinion on this? Restart Diamond, or leave it the way it is(It has no hacks on it now)?

meornot0
28th February 2009, 1:38 PM
i had the same problem
restart, that is what i did
i didn't save any pokemon eather (:
trust me... its funner doing it fairly
hacking takes the fun out of it
also, don't use any hacks when you restart

Sir-Aero
28th February 2009, 2:20 PM
yah do it legit, hax and whatnot is my reason for restarting.

ForeverFlame
28th February 2009, 2:52 PM
When I had feelings like that, I went to Wal-Mart and bought another Diamond. o_o

But it depends on how much money you`re willing to spend on games, I suppose.

COKTAL
28th February 2009, 3:40 PM
It does feel alot better to do things by yourself. I once found a hacked Silver version in a parking lot once. It had only beaten 1-2 gyms but it had around 1000 rare candies and 100 Masterballs. It also had a few cloned Mew on it. I did beat it, but my Gold version was alot more fun knowing that I used my legit pokemon to do it.

ZF911
28th February 2009, 9:51 PM
I've gotten rid of all hacks. I want to protect my legends. But I don't know if I can let my save file go.

the lol factor7
28th February 2009, 10:21 PM
On my old save file I beat the E4 with no hacks. I wanted to do competitive battling, and I wanted to do in right then not in a month or w/e when I had to make a team. I was lazy and pokesav'd a ton of different pokes. I felt really bad about using my hacks to battle other people's pokemon that they spent a long time getting. That alone is why I restarted my game. I sent any pokemon that had value, my legends, shinies, and ingame pokemon to my sisters game where she kept them safe, then she traded them back to me.
So the moral of the story is find a person to trade all of your important pokes to(bribe if you have to lol), and then reset and trade them back. If you really cant find anbody do what ForeverFlame did and buy a new game.
As many people said its really a much better feeling to beat a game legitly, I just trained the first member of my new team, and I'm proud of myself. (lol)

chimchar19
1st March 2009, 2:01 AM
I would do it if it was eating me up inside.

Penguinist Trainer
1st March 2009, 4:47 AM
I would say restart the game, but hold onto any legends and event pokemon and any pokemon you might prefer.

ZF911
15th March 2009, 4:23 PM
Next week I may trade my Pokemon to Platinum. It's going to be really annoying to trade all of my good Pokemon, re-add everyone's friend codes, beat the game again. I guess I should just delete most of my Ranch Pokemon.