PDA

View Full Version : The Tag Battle Partners Club

Pages : [1] 2

Hihiroshi
2nd March 2009, 3:42 AM
Welcome to Tag Battle Partners Club! Are you a fan of Mira? Or Riley? Well, if you are OR any of the other partner trainers in the D/P/Pt games, then this is the place for you!

What is a partner trainer? They are the people in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum where you had to help them with some quest. The person would 'partner' up with you to get through a dungeon, like Eterna Forest and Stark Mountain. Any wild pokemon that appeared would come in twos, and all the trainer battles in the dungeon would be double battles. And at the end of any battle, your party would be automatically healed.

Credits for the Introduction goes to Sapphire Phoenix

Rules:
1. All SPPf rules apply.
2. Please, no bashing of any kind. Respect one another and be friendly.
3. No double, triple, or more posts are allowed. Only one is needed.
4. Only post within the club if you are joining or if you have already joined. If you post and are not joining or have not already joined then you shall earn yourself a strike.
5. If you wish to post an image, use this code [img]insert-link-here[/*img]. Take out the asterisk (star), to post an image. Please credit all fan art used!
6. Spoiler Tags are to be used when talking about anything to do with the Anime.
7. The breaking of any of these rules will result in a strike. Three strikes will earn you a ban.
8. If you change your username, please let me know in the club by posting or by sending me a PM.
9. Have fun!

What happens when you break the rules?
People who fail to follow the rules will earn themselves strike. A strike will be given if a rule is broken. More than one strike may be given depending on which rule(s) is/are broken. With time, the strikes can fade if you act appropriately within the club, and you don't cause anymore trouble. If you get three strikes then you are banned from the club until further notice.

Owner
WGCV23 is the club owner you can call me W23 if you want

Co Owner
Pokefan#493
Mr. Joker

Members List
holy lucario
Sapphire Phoenix
Mr. Joker
LightingKimba
Sweetpikachu
The Renowned Obscurity
Dooplissotto
PkLegendHeroe
FireMeowth
Lemonade
[ Ampharos ]
Virtuos
TurtwigFan1
Mizu♪
SuperWeb606
Shinygulpin288
TheMagician
Escape Reality
AmazingPiplup
Ringy
ap13095
Allyson
darklord18
Strikes

Banned

Topics Used
What partner was your favorite?
What Partner you dislike?
Which Partner has the best Pokemon and why?
What Partner Shippings do you support?
Witch Partner did you spen the most time with and Why?
Which Tag Team Partner do you relate to the most?
Who do you pick in the Battle Salon the most? And who do you end up battling well with?
If you can spend one day with your favorite tag partner, what would you do together?
Where do you think the Tag Partners were born?
Which partner episode did you like?
Which Partner has the best Team?
If you could create your own Tag Partner what would he/she be like, What would be the team, how old would it be, what does she wear?
Which Tag partner has the strangest design?
If your faviote Tag Partner didn't have the pokemon he/she didn't have, what pokemon could you imagen him/her with?
Which legendary pokemon do you think matches each partner?

darklord18
2nd March 2009, 10:44 PM
Can I join? but I do think we need a form maybe just this topic I'm about to post would count?

First topic
Anyone that know me know my favorite Mira, she was helpful and not once was a wast of time to team with even though she never gave you anything, In the battle tower she use my favorite type (Psychic type) and I have a 35 record.

Hihiroshi
3rd March 2009, 1:50 AM
Well thanks darklord18 and don't worry posting here counts as joining. As I promised you are one of the 2 co owners of the club positions I gave yesterday.

Well my favorite partner will always be Buck just because he help me level up my pokemon a lot when I visited Stark Mountain for the first time and I like his personality a lot. Also he is to me the best partner you can fight on platinum just because his defense oriented team is very interesting and fun to fight.

Teebird
3rd March 2009, 1:57 AM
Can I join?

What Partner was your favorite?
It's got to be Riley. Lucario is my favorite Pokemon, and he really helped me out in the Battle Tower.

Hihiroshi
3rd March 2009, 2:10 AM
Of course you can join holy lucario I will add you to the list.
New Topic:

Well the only one I disliked even a little was Cheryl. I think because when I was playing with her in the game she bassicaly healed her chansey and was leaving me to defeat 2 pokemon at once in the fight and it rarely atacked the oponent.

darklord18
3rd March 2009, 2:18 AM
I don't like Cheryl due to her healing with full hp or missing with egg bomb.
The other I like a little it just the way they battle.
Buck would only use earthquake which my focus sash holding Lucario, Roserade and Empoleon were weak against.
Marley just about every move she did was helping hand or that move that boost speed.
Riley he use move that were weak to the pokemon we were fighting. (Metal claw on a steel type, why Riley why?) and I lose 4000p because of it. The only thing that made up for this is getting a egg of him.

Yuppirox
4th March 2009, 12:21 AM
I'm here to join and to be co-owner as W23 promised~!:D

My favorite is a three-way tie between Mira, Riley and Marley. Mira and Marley seem to be ahead a little. I like these three because of their personalities in the game (and in the anime. Although Marley didn't appear yet) and their styles of their clothing. Mira is cute, Riley looks cool, and Marley is mysterious.

What partner do you dislike?
Cheryl. She's kinda boring and her clothing is too. She doesn't seem all that interesting actually. So, in other words, she's kinda boring in my opinion. (If any one out there likes Cheryl, don't be offended by my negativism on her, that's just my opinion.) I don't totally dislike her. She's sweet overall and very nice and helpful towards Ash and co. in the anime. =)

Hihiroshi
4th March 2009, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the club Pokefan#493 and a promise is a promise and I always kept mine so you are the 2 co owner.

New topic:

To me I always though that Riley's Lucario was the best pokemon among the partners pokemon not just because about the popularity it has it is because the attacks it has and the type combination that has this pokemon that's why I think Lucario is the best of those pokemon in general.

darklord18
4th March 2009, 1:35 AM
My favorite is a three-way tie between Mira, Riley and Marley. Mira and Marley seem to be ahead a little. I like these three because of their personalities in the game (and in the anime. Although Marley didn't appear yet) and their styles of their clothing. Mira is cute, Riley looks cool, and Marley is mysterious.
Mira's style of clothing is unique to me because you don''t normal see it in game and anime. (I not trying to be rude.). Same goes for Marley, When I first saw her in the battle tower I thought she was a Dark type trainer and Dark type I don't really use much but found out she use other type. Mira remind me of the school kid and psychic trainer class while Buck look a lot like the young boy trainer class. anyone else notices tis?

What partner do you dislike?
Cheryl. She's kinda boring and her clothing is too. She doesn't seem all that interesting actually. So, in other words, she's kinda boring in my opinion. (If any one out there likes Cheryl, don't be offended by my negativism on her, that's just my opinion.) I don't totally dislike her. She's sweet overall and very nice and helpful towards Ash and co. in the anime. =)
[/QUOTE]
That three people that don't like Cheryl. I have to say I didn't like her in the anime due to her screen time (same goes for Riley).

I just hope they a lot better in Platinum than they were in DP. I hate having to team up with Cheryl and Riley again if they did the same thing they did in DP and make me have to do all the work. (for people who like Cheryl and Riley, I don't mean to offended you.)

Sapphire Phoenix
4th March 2009, 2:38 AM
*joins*

What Partner was your favorite?
Riley because he reminded me so much of Sir Aaron from the anime, and that he had a Lucario. Plus the fact that he gave you a Riolu egg was nice ^^.

darklord18
4th March 2009, 2:45 AM
/\ your in, Welcome Sapphire phoenix.

so far, everyone here like Riley or Mira.

Sapphire Phoenix
4th March 2009, 3:24 AM
I also like Marley.

Either Buck or Cheryl. Buck because his event delayed me to get to Heatran (and I don't like Claydol.) I also don't like Cheryl because I don't like where she comes in at. It's too early :/

Riley. Lucario, even though it was weak to the pokemon in the cave, had good attacks that could do major damage to the opponents too. Yeah.

darklord18
4th March 2009, 3:57 AM
I also like Marley.

I find her strange, but I didn't really like her because she just help take herself out
she use helping hand
Garchomp dose earthquake
Garchomp the only one left standing.

Either Buck or Cheryl. Buck because his event delayed me to get to Heatran (and I don't like Claydol.) I also don't like Cheryl because I don't like where she comes in at. It's too early :/
Buck was a pain, I haven't been to get Heartran yet because most of my team in underlevel (early 70).
Cheryl, I glad when I get platinum I starting with Chimchar. working with her in DP was the worst time playing the game. she just not as good as the other. but she has good pokemon in the battle tower.

Riley. Lucario, even though it was weak to the pokemon in the cave, had good attacks that could do major damage to the opponents too. Yeah.
your lucky, he only use move that were the same type as the pokemon we were fighting when I was with him.

Sapphire Phoenix
4th March 2009, 4:07 AM
Cheryl, I glad when I get platinum I starting with Chimchar. working with her in DP was the worst time playing the game. she just not as good as the other. but she has good pokemon in the battle tower.
I'm not picking Chimchar since I don't like it. I'll probably use Grotle, since it will be the only pokemon on my team at the time (unless I trade over an Eevee egg, hatch it, trade it back and evolve it into Glaceon, and trade it back to Platinum). I might do that... Chansey was terrible. It would use Egg Bomb, but it wouldn't do much damage.

darklord18
4th March 2009, 4:14 AM
or it would miss. other than that she would just heal at full hp. has anyone bother to team with her in the battle tower? Chansey is not a attack. it a defender. But can Chansey even learn Egg bomb at that level?

I just pick Chimchar because when it evolve I can just take her out instead of her wasting my time.

Mr. Joker
4th March 2009, 11:23 PM
Can I join? I was sent here by darklord18 and am a big fan of Riley, Cheryl and Marley. I have been thinking of a fic about them lately but that can wait. Here we go by topic time:

Marley, she was always a favriote of mine with her Arcanine and I have only beaten the battle tower with her.

I am going to be shot by darklord but I am not a big fan of Mira. I don't wanna say why but I never liked her in the anime or D/P/Pt

Marley. I liked how she had no ubers in the BT team.

darklord18
4th March 2009, 11:36 PM
/\your accept, Welcome.

Don't worry about it. I don't mind if you don't like Mira. I respect your decisions on who you like and who you don't like so don't worry about.

Mira, she has mostly psychic and when you battle her in platinum, her Alakazam with combo of Clam mind follow up by psychic/hyper beam make it a very powerful opponent in platinum. (I check bulbapedia for this info) and in DP, when I team up with her I was taken out she had a Espeon with Clam mind and baton pass and max out it sp attack and baton pass which I think give the stat to the next poekmon and send out Alakazam and use psychic/energy ball and won the battle.(there were two pokemon she had to fight.)

Mr JokI check on bulbapedia and it say she use Uber and alakazam in ithe platinum battle tower (why did they give Cheryl and Marley a Alakazam? it doesn't even match there style and it Mira star pokemon like Lucario is Riley star poekmon) But I don't know if it true or not.

Yuppirox
6th March 2009, 12:30 AM
Great! Another new member~!=) Anyway, I was wondering if you guys would like it if I request a banner in the fanart section to advertise our club. (We need more memberz!x.x) What do you guys think? I would put it on my sig for all people to see (although it won't be permanent). Is it alright? I was thinking of requesting one later today . It would have all the tag battle partners on it and showcase our club. Should there be anything else you guys want to request on it? Feel free to tell me so I can do it later. Once I get your approval people, I will go and request one, deal? Oh yeah, topic time.

For battle tower or in the story? Well, since their battle tower teams are sometimes random in D/P (yes, I'm refering to D/P instead of Platinum), I'm going to go for Riley. I think that because I think Lucario is pretty awesome and he matches Riley's personality and looks really well.

darklord18
6th March 2009, 3:24 AM
/\ okay me but it should show each partner with their star pokemon.
Mira: Alakazam/Kabadra/Abra, Riley: Lucario, Cheryl: I forgot how you spell hers. Marley: Arcanime and Buck: Chaybol.
What dose everyone else think?

Yuppirox
6th March 2009, 3:37 AM
^ Great idea, darklord18. Cheryl's Pokemon is Chansey, right? For Mira, I think I'll go with Kadabra (like in the games). Okay! I'll go make a request if Sweet May is open right now. If not, I'll either wait or find someone else who's open right now. It's alright with you all?

Sapphire Phoenix
6th March 2009, 3:38 AM
I think it's a good idea (Cheryl's pokemon is Chansey). Of course, that will be one loaded banner, since you'd have 12 pictures on it :/

EDIT: pokefan beat me :/

Hihiroshi
6th March 2009, 3:40 AM
I think is a good idea and darklord 18 cheryl main pokemon is Chansey/ Blissey ( I think so ). Mira ( Alakazam) Riley ( Lucario ), Marley ( Arcanine ) and Buck ( Cladoyl ). Pokefan# 493 that is alright you can look for someone who is available now( If you want to? )

darklord18
6th March 2009, 4:00 AM
First time people like my idea.

What I'm saying was their Main pokemon but because Mira use the all of the Abra line and same for Cheryl, it hard to tell which one would be their main pokemon.

I check on Bulbapedia and have to say, Cheryl and Marley team in the battle tower for Platinum now has Alakazam and Marley finally has some legendary on her list. Riley, Mira and Buck are unknown at this time.

Sapphire Phoenix
6th March 2009, 4:08 AM
Well, you'd go with the pokemon that they had when you paired up with them. That's their signature pokemon :/

Riley better have Salamence...

darklord18
6th March 2009, 4:13 AM
Well, you'd go with the pokemon that they had when you paired up with them. That's their signature pokemon :/

Riley better have Salamence...

True.

I just hope they don't give all them Alakazam and Mira better get Cresselia, come on, her hair look like it wings yet she never use it in the battle tower.

Sapphire Phoenix
6th March 2009, 4:16 AM
Now that I think about it, they might not give Mira a Cresselia since Palmer already has one... but what do I know :/

darklord18
6th March 2009, 4:21 AM
/\ Yet I see Cheryl with it and I think I saw on bulbapedia he use it. strange that they don't give Mira Cresselia and Buck Heatran.

Mr. Joker
6th March 2009, 5:54 AM
I love th Idea of a benner. wont use it but I love the Idea (I am planning something with the partners soon)

Sence there isn't a rule agenst making a new topic:

LightingKimba
6th March 2009, 1:10 PM
Nan daiyo, nan daiyo... Clubs springing up before the forums like the daisies of a spring day... Amazing how I miss the ones that are white in the listless sea of yellow petals...

Uh... Lemme think... I'd say Marley, since her roster's usually pokemon with high attack points, nice sweepers and whatnot.

I utterly hate how weak Riley acts. His teams are usually pokemon with odd items, which I could let it slide. However, the dude's CPU is about as high as Johan's from Yu-Gi-Oh!: His "thoughts" and attacks are usually rather dense, despite the fact I could literally predict the things he would do wrong.

Buck usually has good supporters, and Mira often has pokemon with huge Special Attack stats. I swear, Mira is like related to Sabrina...

Other than darklord's OTP CheekyShipping, there's also FlameBerge Shipping, and Ichihara Shipping.

Oh, and darklord. Haven't you noticed how the trainer's behave? Mira's more of a Special Sweeper girl, and Buck's the supporter type dude. If anything, I'd see Buck with a Cresselia more than I would with Mira. But, whathaveyou.

darklord18
6th March 2009, 1:25 PM
Your accepted.

Oh, and darklord. Haven't you noticed how the trainer's behave? Mira's more of a Special Sweeper girl, and Buck's the supporter type dude. If anything, I'd see Buck with a Cresselia more than I would with Mira. But, whathaveyou.
I notice that Mira a sweeper but she also a like using move like Tail wipe and Flash and so far I only team up with her because of those moves. Though I wish she had one of her Espeon and Glaceon have attack move. (one of her Espeon had no attack move.)
But when I first went to battle tower I thought she would use Cresselia but later found out she didn't. And Mira is a supporter with move to boast her pokemon power up or lower her opponent and she dose say she like using move like Flash and Clam mind.) but I do agree with you with Riley, when you first team up with him, I wish I had a pokemon with Earthquake, he always use move that were the type as the pokemon we were fighting. and who Johan?

I swear, Mira is like related to Sabrina..
I say she closer to either Lucain (elite 4 in sinnoh with psychic type.), Anabel, Maylene or that johto gym leader with pink hair.

Sapphire Phoenix
7th March 2009, 12:22 AM
I haven't really thought about it much. I guess I'm a MarleyxRiley fan since they seem a likely pair. I'm not that familar with the other two, so it's not my place to decide :/

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 1:17 AM
All right guys! The banner is up and lookin' good! (in my opinion btw) Hope you guys like it! =)

What Partner shipping do you support?
I like Cheekyshipping. (darklord18 turned me onto it!) Max and Mira look so cute together as a nevermet ship. imo. ;)

~♥

Sapphire Phoenix
7th March 2009, 1:26 AM
Oooo... that's a pretty banner! Skiyomi did a great job! I love it ^^

I forgot about Cheekyshipping... I like it and I think it's ok, but I'm not much of a fan. I didn't really like Max :X

darklord18
7th March 2009, 1:30 AM
/\ I love it, if you look closely it look like Mira and Buck are looking at eachother from the corner of their eyes.
Can I use it? Pretty please?

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 1:33 AM
Oooo... that's a pretty banner! Skiyomi did a great job! I love it ^^

I forgot about Cheekyshipping... I like it and I think it's ok, but I'm not much of a fan. I didn't really like Max :X

That's alright though. I wasn't really a fan of Max either. But when you pair him up with Mira, it just looks right, ya know?

Also, I like Riley x Marley too! Cheryl...I can't really pair up with anyone really. Can anyone suggest anything for her? Buck x ? I really don't know either. We need more ideas on these shippings. x.x; I'm terrible at them.

Edit: Sure you can use it darklord18~! It's free for all to use! Just make sure to credit to Skiyomi when you do. He's awesome at this stuff!

~♥

Sapphire Phoenix
7th March 2009, 1:36 AM
@darklord: It's a banner for the club, so everyone can use it (with giving credit to Skiyomi) ^^

They do look good together ^^

Buck x Cheryl is the locial choice, but I can't see them together. Maybe they were meant to be alone x.x

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 1:40 AM
Buck x Cheryl is the locial choice, but I can't see them together. Maybe they were meant to be alone x.x

Sad. But so true. lol. Poor guys. Buck seems too, how you say? Odd. He runs into you in the game like the rival does and he must be a crazy dude if he does that all the time. >< Also, Cheryl seems like a loner always when she spends all the time in that Eterna Forest. All alone...

~♥

darklord18
7th March 2009, 1:43 AM
Buck x Mira for me.
I can pair Marley with Mira but I can only see them as friends. Just think of all the trouble Mira would cause Marley.

I would Cheryl with Riley because they were useless when I was with them.

Truth is I hate Max because he had no pokemon but when I saw Mira episode I started liking him again.

But yeah that banner good like how he did Mira in the middle.

What Partner shipping do you support?
Well Cheekyshipping for those that can't tell. Buck x Mira, Marley x Mira but as friends. Lucain (elite four with psychic types. Again as friend or teacher and student, Paul x Mira again as friends. notice anything?

And don't forget Mira, who know how long she was in the cave all alone.

Hihiroshi
7th March 2009, 1:43 AM
That is a pretty banner Pokefan #493 and can I use the banner 2 ?

Well the one I really support a lot is Max and Mira ship ( forgot the name of the ship again! ). I also support Buck x Mira, Riley x Marley.

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 1:46 AM
@WGCV23: Well, it is a club banner. Anyone who is in the club can use it! Feel free anyone!~

Buck x Mira? O.o Okay...how old are they again? Or did you mean Buck x Marley?
~♥

Mr. Joker
7th March 2009, 1:47 AM
I liove te banner! Can i get the IMG code? I want to use it!

I Supprt MarleyxRiley (No name for this ship yet) and CherylxBuck. (New shipping fic is in the making 8D)

I finaly got to the Buck arc in my Pearl game today!

Sapphire Phoenix
7th March 2009, 1:58 AM
[*IMG]http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/tagbattlepartnersbanner.png[/IMG]
Without the *

I can't see Buck with Mira either... But I don't like Buck so I'm a bit biased about it D:

darklord18
7th March 2009, 1:59 AM
Buck x Mira? O.o Okay...how old are they again? Or did you mean Buck x Marley?
~♥
Um their artwork show them to be around ten year old but if you go by OW spirits, Mira look like a 5 year old but it come down to what you think.

has anyone notice something about my partner shipping?

And can someone show me how put a link to this club in the picture?

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 2:02 AM
Mira in the games looks shorter than the main character sprite and Buck's sprite looks a bit taller. So isn't there a big age difference? To me their ages remind me of Max and Brock with Mira=Max and Buck=Brock. Hehe, their names all look similar.^^ So Mira is like, 8 while Buck is probably like 15.

sweetpikachu
7th March 2009, 2:04 AM
Can I join?

Which Tag Battle Partner is your favorite?
Mira and Marley- definitely. I don't just like them for the way they look, but I also like their personalities. Mira's all peppy and happy, while Marley has that
nice, but... how do I put this? Still "shy" personality.

Oh, and can I put the banner in my signature? it looks prettyful

darklord18
7th March 2009, 2:07 AM
Yeah but if you look at their Platinum battle spirits when you fight them, they look the same height. but who know, Mira could just be small for her age.
Edited yeah your accept. Another Mira fan.

I find Mira to be a crybaby type in the DP game (don't know about Platinum.)

In the anime, she remind me of Max.

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 2:12 AM
Hey there sweetpikachu! Of course you can join! You can put the banner in your sig if you want. Just make sure to credit Skiyomi for it, okay?

So far that's 4 people who will put the banner in their sigs. Make sure you guys go around the forums letting people see our club!

darklord18
7th March 2009, 2:18 AM
For those that did Mira's quest
Am I the only one to notice she talk in third person?

I wonder why Marley and Buck don't use their star pokemon?

I will one someone tell him how to put a link to the club in the picture.

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 2:26 AM
I will one someone tell him how to put a link to the club in the picture.

I don't know how to make the banner a link. But I made the part that says "Join Us Today!" a link to the thread. Is that okay?

darklord18
7th March 2009, 3:10 AM
/\Okay Thanks.

I think it time for a new topic.
Which partner did you send the most time with and why?

Mr. Joker
7th March 2009, 3:20 AM
Marley. Becouse
1. I couldn't find my way through the cave
2. I like battling with her
3. I tag up with her alot in The Battle Tower!

Just a F.Y.I. I am planning a shipping thred for all the partners that will hopefully be up next week!

Sapphire Phoenix
7th March 2009, 3:26 AM
Riley because:
-He's the one that gives you the Riolu egg, and I wanted it.
-He's my favorite
-He has a decent team in the Battle Tower.

Yeah...

darklord18
7th March 2009, 3:37 AM
Mira because.
1. I got lost in wayward cave and even with the guide book, I still got lost.
2. I was training Gible for two hours.
3. She use psychic type which are my favorite type.

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 3:46 AM
Which Partner did you spend the most time with and why?
Marley:
-I liked being with her
-She's cool
-I liked battling with her
-The cave was just really big and the first time I was there, I forgot to get a Pokemon with defog. So I just decided to just go with it and I found her to be an interesting character...
-Marley and my character sprite (Dawn) look good together.
(plus, Black and White look AWESOME together)

~♥

sweetpikachu
7th March 2009, 4:08 AM
Three of 'em!

Mira: She's really nice and peppy and I liked to spend time with her.
Marley: cuz shes freakin awesome She's really cool and I liked her personality
Cheryl: ... it took a while to get through eterna forest

Hihiroshi
7th March 2009, 4:12 AM

Buck mainly because I was training my pokemon there and then comes Mira because I liked her character from the start and that I couldn't see in the cave.

darklord18
7th March 2009, 4:23 AM
/\ yeah but how did she get there with no pokemon with rock smash? Same for Marley.

But yeah I did Mira after Get Riolu egg of Riley and beaten Cyrus with Lucario. (before the battle Lucario was level 40 after it was 43.) She help train my main attacker, Garchomp.

Sweetpikachu what do you mean by Mira being pepper?

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 4:33 AM
She meant that Mira was peppy. Meaning so full of happiness and always in good spirits.

How did they get were they were without Rock Smash? As far as we know, their only Pokemon were their star Pokemon. That is something to think about...

Sapphire Phoenix
7th March 2009, 4:36 AM
Mira could have had Kadabra teleport her over the rocks, while Marley probably climbed up onto Arcanine's back and lepted over them...

Every member of this club is using that banner XD

darklord18
7th March 2009, 4:40 AM
/\ True they could but Mira kabadra didn't have teleport. But then again how do the trainer that you fight get there with the HM moves?

I know.

Sapphire Phoenix
7th March 2009, 4:44 AM
...Using the psychic powers of her trusty Kadabra, Mira opens a portal that distorts time and space. Walking though the portal, she is instantly transported to anywhere in the dungeon...

For the other trainers, they were in there exploring one day. But a terrible earthquake caused rocks to fall down from the cave walls, blocking the way out and trapping them in there for all of time... 0.o

Yeah... Mira more than likely didn't do that XD

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 4:46 AM
Hehe, the banner has taken over our club...

Well, game wise, how did they get were they did? In the games you cant ride on Arcanine or teleport to a new destination. Unless its the main character that has certain limits. If thats so... lucky partners.

darklord18
7th March 2009, 5:05 AM
yeah.
Unless Mira and Marley were in the cave for some time before the player meets them then it makes sense.

omniouswind
7th March 2009, 5:05 AM
AAAAA
Why didn't I notice this Club sooner?! So can I please joinn?

And I guess I'll answer some topic questions while I'm at it (I hope that's okay)

*looks at avatar*
Marley, most definitely. I'm going to cosplay as her at an upcoming Anime Convention : D
But I love her outfit and she kinda acts like me sometimes... (irl I can be pretty quiet so yeah...) Seems like Marley's quite the popular girl, hahah.

I also like Riley, if only for the sheer smexiness of him.

Cheryl was kind of...meh to me. She seemed a bit bland in the games, but seemed to gain a bit of a perk in the anime.
And Mira isn't exactly my favorite because she kinda got on my nerves when we were stuck in Wayward Cave forever... ;;

Just thought I would answer the basic questions for now, and will do the rest later, if accepted of course.

darklord18
7th March 2009, 5:13 AM
Your accept welcome.

I know how hard Wayward caves is, I got lost with her for 2 hour but it was wroth it in the end. I end up with a lever 30 something Gabite and some good items.

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 5:13 AM
@The Renowned Obscurity: Of course your accepted! Just wait for WGCV23 (or W23) to make the club changes on the first post when he gets the chance, alright?

Your right, Marley is big. I think it has to do that she can be pretty related to. She is quiet and mysterious (most people are quiet), and I like her sense of style.

Welcome to the club!

~♥

darklord18
7th March 2009, 5:19 AM
Ow yeah I forgot to say my record for multi battle was 35 with only Mira. (we got beaten by a team of Dragon type pokemon.)

LightingKimba
7th March 2009, 5:23 AM
@The Renowned Obscurity: Of course your accepted! Just wait for WGCV23 (or W23) to make the club changes on the first post when he gets the chance, alright?

Your right, Marley is big. I think it has to do that she can be pretty related to. She is quiet and mysterious (most people are quiet), and I like her sense of style.

Welcome to the club!

~♥

I was only annoyed with Mira because of her CPU's style of thinking. She'd either use Helping Hand about 99% of the time, or use some attack at the wrong time, which was a bit of a thing I had against her. Her speech patterns are also kind of annoying, since she's not as open as most people.

Then again, it's a nice change of pace, since nearly every single character in Pokemon talk and act all happy and jolly. Marley's a pretty original gal.

sweetpikachu
7th March 2009, 5:24 AM
What Partner do you dislike?
Cheryl and Buck. Cheryl was just that "damsel in distress" always going: omg im soooo scared of team galactic help me through the forest plz and Buck is just... well he's just... I really can't find the word =p

omniouswind
7th March 2009, 5:35 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys!~

Now I just really want to answer this question before I explode...
OPPOSITESATTRACTSHIPPING (Marley x Buck)
I've only met like one another person who seriously supports this ship besides me... I don't know why I like it, but one day I decided, "I'm going to pair up Buck and Marley, just for fun" and it became on of my favorite het ships. I reallyyy love it, but I haven't really shown my affections for it around the forums.
I've thought of many ways this pairing would work, even though its so unlikely...

Like...Buck could either meet Marley and she would be really turned off by his attitude at first...and he's just weirded out by her quietness... But then maybe, they could get to know one another more and hopefully maybe come to like each other.

OR Buck, for some reason he doesn't understand, finds himself infatuated with Marley and futilely tries to ask her out, because at first she isn't interested. And then she finally decides to give him a chance and realizes she likes him too.
Or Buck just does something completely rash like kiss her out of no where.

Oh man, sorry for ranting alot.

As for Riley, I usually pair him with Dawn (IronWillshipping). But I also support Bishieshipping (Riley x Paul), Haganeshipping (Riley x Roark), and Rukarioshipping (Riley x Cynthia).

I don't really ship Cheryl with anyone actively. I've seen her paired with Riley, but I couldn't really get into it. I think Gaiashipping (Cheryl x Gardenia) has interesting possibilities, and CherylxBrock (although one-sided) was pretty amusing in the anime.

As for Mira... I don't really ship her with anyone either. Darklord18 kinda opened me up to the idea of Cheekyshipping, I usually only ship Max with Vivi (or at least I used to).

I sometimes consider the idea of Choqueshipping (Marley x Dawn) (as well as various other yuri ships) or HardMountainshipping (Damion/Barry/Jun x Buck), but I mainly ship Marley and Buck with one another.

...This is probably the longest post I've ever made. But I LOVE shipping, and with the introduction of the Tag Battle Partners into the the game, so many doors opened up for a variety of shipping. And I'm just crazy like that, hahah.

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 5:46 AM
Eh, WOW. That was a lot said, The Renowned Obscurity. I've got to admit though, I even considered shipping Marley and Buck myself! Actually, I considered this when the banner I have was made.^^; I thought that they would make an odd but great couple. Now that I know that you like them, I think I'll give them a shot. :)

darklord18
7th March 2009, 5:47 AM
I was only annoyed with Mira because of her CPU's style of thinking. She'd either use Helping Hand about 99% of the time, or use some attack at the wrong time, which was a bit of a thing I had against her. Her speech patterns are also kind of annoying, since she's not as open as most people.

Then again, it's a nice change of pace, since nearly every single character in Pokemon talk and act all happy and jolly. Marley's a pretty original gal.

Um I think you mean Marley.

Sweetpikachu, please delete one of your post, you are double posting.

As for Mira... I don't really ship her with anyone either. Darklord18 kinda opened me up to the idea of Cheekyshipping, I usually only ship Max with Vivi (or at least I used to).

Another person that support cheekyshipping. But why do people after they hear about cheekyshipping, they somehow like it?

omniouswind
7th March 2009, 5:56 AM
Eh, WOW. That was a lot said, The Renowned Obscurity. I've got to admit though, I even considered shipping Marley and Buck myself! Actually, I considered this when the banner I have was made.^^; I thought that they would make an odd but great couple. Now that I know that you like them, I think I'll give them a shot. :)

Haha sorry. I'm in quite the talkative mood atm ;; Oh, and feel free to call me TRO, because I know writing The Renowned Obscurity can get kind of annoying. Why did I choose such a long name?
But yeah, once you get me started on shipping...and the Tag Battle Partners, it's kinda hard for me to stop ^^;

Glad to know that you'll be giving OppositesAttractshipping a shot! I know a have a fic or two floating around somewhere...
But honestly, I never realized how much I liked the pairing until I typed up that rant.

Another person that support cheekyshipping. But why do people after they hear about cheekyshipping, they somehow like it?

I think it might be because most people don't already have a pairing that they are dedicated to for both Mira and Max. And yeah, it does have the potential to be pretty cute. Maybe you're just that convincing, hahha. ;P

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 6:14 AM
Haha sorry. I'm in quite the talkative mood atm ;; Oh, and feel free to call me TRO, because I know writing The Renowned Obscurity can get kind of annoying. Why did I choose such a long name?
But yeah, once you get me started on shipping...and the Tag Battle Partners, it's kinda hard for me to stop ^^;
That's alright, TRO. your name IS looooonng! Now I know when to start you on one of your shipping discussions on the battle partners.XD

Glad to know that you'll be giving OppositesAttractshipping a shot! I know a have a fic or two floating around somewhere...
But honestly, I never realized how much I liked the pairing until I typed up that rant.
Well, sometimes I see ships and sometimes something in my mind tells me that they would make a cute couple. If I find your fic, than I'll surely read it!

It's a good thing you found this club then. Imagine having a ship you want to badly ship, but haven't found the right place to express yourself? That must feel bad. Ouch.=P

I think it might be because most people don't already have a pairing that they are dedicated to for both Mira and Max. And yeah, it does have the potential to be pretty cute. Maybe you're just that convincing, hahha. ;P
Max and Mira just seemed open for me. Max was the only character I haven't thought about shipping. Until darklord18 easily convinced me into it. It's true though, he is VERY convincing. I don't know how you do it, darklord18!!! x.x;

darklord18
7th March 2009, 6:19 AM
Max and Mira just seemed open for me. Max was the only character I haven't thought about shipping. Until darklord18 easily convinced me into it. It's true though, he is VERY convincing. I don't know how you do it, darklord18!!! x.x;I don't know either but I don't mind if someone dose or doesn't like it and I respect their decision.

On topic I had to spend I lot of time with Marley and Riley because I got lost in their area as well.

omniouswind
7th March 2009, 6:24 AM
...I probably spent most of the time with Mira...
Without Flash, I was SO lost in Wayward Cave. I spent a decent amount of time with Marley too,
A. Because I liked her so much
and B. It was so foggy and once again I got lost. ;_;

I nearly got lost in Stark Mountain too, with Buck, but actually managed to find Heatran's "lair" easily.

Gah, I think they just wanted to make all the places with your partners difficult... (even when I first placed DP, I was in Eterna Forest at night with Cheryl and it just seemed like a huge maze @_@)

Overall though, I probably spend the most time with Marley because I usually pair up with her in the Battle Tower. I sometimes choose Riley too. Marley and I had a pretty good streak going on (I haven't played in a while, so I don't remember), because he team of Starmie and Weavile was pretty beastly when paired up with my Blaziken and Torterra xD

Yuppirox
7th March 2009, 6:31 AM
Hehe, TRO you got lost so many times lol.

I think my streak was like 38 in the tower with Marley (yes I chose her again) and a 27 with Mira. The same with Riley as with Mira. I only chose Buck once, but I dropped out soon after. I never chose Cheryl. (poor Cheryl...)

darklord18
7th March 2009, 6:38 AM
I sorta left my flash using pokemon in the pc when I went to Wayward cave because I wasn't going to good there yet but I had to train gible so I did the silly thing of going in there without the pokemon with the move.

I never went with the other in the tower because their pokemon and there move weren't very good.
Marley always has a Electrode with Gyro ball when ever I talk to her.

omniouswind
7th March 2009, 7:07 AM
Oh, while perusing fanart, I came across this, a picture of the 5 of them:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5049/tagbattlepartnerss.jpg
Drawn by YoruRyu~ (http://yoruryu.deviantart.com/)

I also found some other cute fanart, of them all separately, but I can't find the original site it came from to give credit D:

darklord18
7th March 2009, 7:59 AM
it cute. Mira like "What do you think of my hair."
it very good.
Though I though Marley the type that don't smile but it well done.

Rommath
7th March 2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks darklord for the invite. Nice, a club about the tag battle partners. :) Can I humbly request an acceptance?

Marley. I just like her appearance and the way she talks. So mysterious and interesting. Her Arcanine and Battle Tower team is great, I've teamed up with her many times. Looking forward to her anime appearance, but since Victory Road doesn't appear in the anime, it'll be nice to see how the writers handle her.

darklord18
7th March 2009, 11:38 AM
your accept,

you know Marley could be the League rival for Ash which would be nice.

though she could just get episode like Mira.

omniouswind
7th March 2009, 3:22 PM
Marley. I just like her appearance and the way she talks. So mysterious and interesting. Her Arcanine and Battle Tower team is great, I've teamed up with her many times. Looking forward to her anime appearance, but since Victory Road doesn't appear in the anime, it'll be nice to see how the writers handle her.

AAAA I forget about this! If the writers completely shaft her I will rage. But yeah, Waycard Cave didn't appear in the anime did it, or is my memory foggy? Because then maybe Marley would get a similar episode where she shows up around the Pokemon League...or maybe it will be something completely different.

As for Buck, I have hopes of them doing a Battle Frontier season, possibly following the Platinum storyline... So I think Buck's role in the anime might be different depending on what the writers decide to do...

Hihiroshi
7th March 2009, 4:14 PM
your accept, you know Marley could be the League rival for Ash which would be nice.

though she could just get episode like Mira.

Hey darklord18 remember when talking about stuffs about the anime that haven't happen yet put it in a spoiler tag please.

Well that will be so cool if she appears as a league rival to Ash because she appears near victory road but I don't think the writers won't give her that role I think the writers would give her an apearence near the league arc where she is looking for Shaymin ( because in the games she is looking for Shaymin.)

darklord18
7th March 2009, 10:36 PM
sorry I edited my post.

AAAA I forget about this! If the writers completely shaft her I will rage. But yeah, Waycard Cave didn't appear in the anime did it, or is my memory foggy? Because then maybe Marley would get a similar episode where she shows up around the Pokemon League...or maybe it will be something completely different.
Nope it didn't and we might not see it or they go there but Mira doesn't show up. Which I would be mad if they don't show her.

As for Buck, I have hopes of them doing a Battle Frontier season, possibly following the Platinum storyline... So I think Buck's role in the anime might be different depending on what the writers decide to do...

If they do make a battle frontier, I can see Ash going to the match place and having trouble beating Mira, he has never beaten a psychic trainer on his first try and it would be funny if he lose to her.

Yuppirox
8th March 2009, 4:57 AM
If they do make a battle frontier, I can see Ash going to the match place and having trouble beating Mira, he has never beaten a psychic trainer on his first try and it would be funny if he lose to her.

That would be funny if he did lose to her. But in the anime, the battle tower is not like the games. Remember the old battle Frontier in Hoenn? He didn't have to go against so many trainers to get to the brains. The writers treated everything like gyms and will most likely do it again in the (possibly) new battle frontier in the anime.

I hope they do put Marley and Buck in somewhere... That would be sad if they didn't have a role in the future eps.

New topic!

For me, its Mira and Marley. I can be quiet sometimes but all happy and bubbly in other times!=) But, I'm more like Mira around people I know closley.

darklord18
8th March 2009, 5:43 AM
That would be funny if he did lose to her. But in the anime, the battle tower is not like the games. Remember the old battle Frontier in Hoenn? He didn't have to go against so many trainers to get to the brains. The writers treated everything like gyms and will most likely do it again in the (possibly) new battle frontier in the anime.

I hope they do put Marley and Buck in somewhere... That would be sad if they didn't have a role in the future eps.

I saying in all his fight with people who only use psychic type poekmon, he has lost to or lost then won in a rematch. Taking that into account, Mira out all of them has the biggest chance of beating him due to his lack of fighting against psychic pokemon. Next is Marley, Her pokemon speed are a lot faster than Ash, Riley due to most of his pokemon are sweeper. Then it Buck and it Cheryl though I think she would be easy for Ash to beat. But that what I think.

Me well on pokemon type or liking it Mira, I like Psychic types (My favorite are Abra line, Ralts line, and Espeon which is my most favorite pokemon) Also 3 out of my 6 are pokemon she use in the battle tower and one appear in her episode (Gyarados.)
And Riley, I use Lucario on my team.
that the only thing I can relate to the partners.

LightingKimba
8th March 2009, 6:24 AM

Mm... None of them really grasps how I am. If any of you read my fanfic, William's slightly based off of me, who's really a dude who doesn't relate well to many people.

I could, however, relate to the seemingly mysterious Marley, who's ambitious to give thanks to Shaymin. I could probably even get her to talk a lot more than the silent protagonist ever would. XP

Hihiroshi
8th March 2009, 6:31 AM

For me I can relate myself to Buck or Riley I don't know why but some of my friends in school said that I have the personalities of those 2 combined and pokemon wise I say Riley because I have a lucario stored and also almost half of my pokemon have high atack stats.

darklord18
8th March 2009, 6:56 AM
Your accept, welcome.
I just let W23 know to edited the list.

omniouswind
8th March 2009, 7:02 AM

I'm not really worried about Buck not showing up actually - he seems like too fun of a character for them not to include. ...It's Marley that I'm worried about... :/
But I mean, if they showcase some of them, they gotta showcase 'em all. : D

...Probably Marley. ;; We both share the same sort of dark style, and are both pretty quiet. Plus, she uses a Fire-type Pokemon when battling with you, my favorite type!

Rommath
8th March 2009, 2:53 PM
I was actually thinking it would be nice to see Paul show up in Marley's hopeful episode. Not sure why, but for some reason I can picture some interesting interactions between those two. Hmm...

My favourite, Marley. I'm also quiet in real life, and shy...

sweetpikachu
8th March 2009, 8:35 PM
Definitely Mira. I just have that bubbly, peppy personality kinda like her. And maybe Marley. Why? Because I can also be a little bit quiet and shady-- especially when I'm not in the mood to be talked to. XD

Mr. Joker
8th March 2009, 8:50 PM
Topic:
Marley
Reasons: 1. I am goth (I don't show my dark sid that much on here)
2. I am quit
3. Love Speed

I have a feeling that the writers will have her arc right after the Sinnoh league.

When traveling through the cave the entrence to where Marley is closed off due to some natural desaster. After the luege arc, Rowen tells them about the Battle Frontier In Johto and the way to get there is by boat. (Come on the writers won't waste anoe 56 episodes traveling back to Snowpoint) To get to the boat they need to go through the blocked entrnce that s now open. Then they meet up with Marley. After a good 4episodes they make it out. Then they make it to the boat and hopefully meet up with Mira, Riley and Cheryl and head off to the Battle Fronier
Once ariving in the Battle frontier the group meets up with Buck (He will be in a rush)

After beating all the Brains Stark Mtn. Erupts. They rush to the MTN and see buck.... help him and the end. After helping he invites them to the Restarunt and then they have a turny with all gym leaders and all partners....

The shipping thred is open! Link in signature.

Sapphire Phoenix
8th March 2009, 10:41 PM
I'm a bit of Mira, Buck, Marley, and Riley. I'm bubbly like Mira, a bit hotheaded sometimes like Buck, shy towards new people like Marley, and insightful and smart like Riley... x.x

Mr. Joker basically said what my idea for Marley's and Buck's appearances... except Marley would probably appear before the Sinnoh Conference, and is somehow related to Shaymin

Yeah...

darklord18
8th March 2009, 11:53 PM
/\ this club very popular.

nearly every one here is using the banner which is nice.

I trying to think of thing we can do in this club other than answer topic. any ideas?

LightingKimba
9th March 2009, 12:08 AM
We could discuss our battle experiences with our fave partners, darklord18. XP

omniouswind
9th March 2009, 12:44 AM
Yayy, I'm glad to see the Partner Shipping thread up! I'll probably be posting there a lot, ahha. And now I have more of a "proper" place to discuss OppositesAttractshipping. ;;

I'm a bit of Mira, Buck, Marley, and Riley. I'm bubbly like Mira, a bit hotheaded sometimes like Buck, shy towards new people like Marley, and insightful and smart like Riley... x.x

Oh yeah, I can also be pretty hotheaded like Buck as well, but I don't take it to extreme levels like he does xD
And I guess I can be like Riley too, for the same reasons.

@Mr. Joker - I like your idea for Marley's appearance, especially since that means she gets multiple episodes xD And plus, it involves the appearance of all the other partners.

As for Buck, it's either gonna follow the same route as the games with Heatran...Or they might do something with TG and Pluto appearing and somehow he gets tangled up with that.
I really want him to meet up with Jun though, and for them to have the same competitive interactions as in the games xD

@darklord18 - I actually think the club is thriving quite well. I mean, I'm not sure what else we could do, but as long as someone has something partner-related to contribute, and other people have something to say, the club will do fine xD
Plus *online*, I can talk forever about nothing. But not at all irl ^^;;

Hihiroshi
9th March 2009, 1:18 AM
Yayy, I'm glad to see the Partner Shipping thread up! I'll probably be posting there a lot, ahha. And now I have more of a "proper" place to discuss OppositesAttractshipping. ;;

Oh yeah, I can also be pretty hotheaded like Buck as well, but I don't take it to extreme levels like he does xD
And I guess I can be like Riley too, for the same reasons.

@Mr. Joker - I like your idea for Marley's appearance, especially since that means she gets multiple episodes xD And plus, it involves the appearance of all the other partners.

As for Buck, it's either gonna follow the same route as the games with Heatran...Or they might do something with TG and Pluto appearing and somehow he gets tangled up with that.
I really want him to meet up with Jun though, and for them to have the same competitive interactions as in the games xD

@darklord18 - I actually think the club is thriving quite well. I mean, I'm not sure what else we could do, but as long as someone has something partner-related to contribute, and other people have something to say, the club will do fine xD
Plus *online*, I can talk forever about nothing. But not at all irl ^^;;

Well in platinum Buck's role is almost the same the only diference is the part where he beat's Jun's Pokemon because in diamond/pearl he beat's him inside the cave but in platinum he beat's him outside the cave and after he grabs the heatran's item he opens the place where you can rechallenge the Gym leaders and challenge the Tag Battle Partners so he has an importan role in platinum.

I can also be hotheaded like Buck 2 so you are not the only one but I can also be a little like Mira's personalities some times.

darklord18
9th March 2009, 1:29 AM
Here how I see Ash fighting them.
Cheryl would lose. (Ash won even though he was suppose to lose against her when he was helping her.)

Buck would put up a good fight and then lose to Pikachu.

Riley would beat Ash.

Marley would beat Ash.

Ash would lose to Mira but take one her pokemon but lose to Alakazam.

Ash beats Marley but Lose to Riley.

Ash has a Rematch against Mira but still lose to Alakazam due to Mira and Alakazam being in sync.

Ash find out Mira training and she help him trying to be sync with pikachu.

Ash rematch against her and take out 5 of her pokemon but it come down to Alakazam vs Pikachu who both use Return and Ash wins.

Ash rematch against Riley and it end in a tie.
That how I see it going.

PKLegendHeroe
9th March 2009, 4:15 AM
hey there WGCV23. I decided to join in, by the way, Great Club.

I have to say Riley, he reminds me of the Hero of Aura from pokemon movie 8. he's also gave us that riolulu egg.

none. All of the partners are my favorite.

Riley, His Lucario is the best pokemon because of his abilities and moves.

Riley x Cheryl - Marley x Buck or Buck x Mira.

Marley - Her Arcanine was amazing and she's cute IMO.

Buck - Buck look tough and hes more like me.

Hihiroshi
9th March 2009, 4:23 AM
You are welcome in PkLegendHeroe

Hey darklord18 I liked that Idea mainly because:

He never defeated Sabrina, Mira could be a funny teacher to him and also I liked the speculation of Ash and Riley ending in a tie. But why would it end in a tie?

darklord18
9th March 2009, 4:27 AM
Because.

He can't win against all the tag partners. and Riley seem to be the second strongest of the five. and plus Lucario can't lose to a pikachu.

And maybe after his second defeat against Mira, he will finally catch a psychic or dark type pokemon to fight against her.

Rommath
9th March 2009, 5:09 AM
The banner looks great, I think I'll add it to my sig as well.

None, I like them all.

Which partner did you spend the most time with and why?

Marley or Mira - Both have great Pokemon in the Battle Tower, and Marley's Arcanine is a good Pokemon to battle alongside.

Yuppirox
9th March 2009, 10:18 PM
Welcome, PKLegendHeroe! I'm glad you joined our club. darklord18, I like your idea. Here's my idea on how the group will work together with Marley and Buck in the anime.

I see her meeting up with the group saying that she is looking for Shaymin. She joins them and constantly brings down Ash's confidence with some criticism on his battling technique (like Paul only not so harsh and Ash doesn't get fazed much, only slightly annoyed XD). I can also see her make a sort of connection with Dawn. I don't know why but I can see them as good friends. I don't know how to end this scenario though...^^;

When they meet him, he crashes into Ash (like Jun did =D) and tells him about the Battle Frontier (if there is one) says that he can beat Ash to the last frontier symbol as a challenge. Ash and co. constantly meet him in their travels through the frontier (with Buck constantly crashing into Ash, although harder each time =P) and...I don't have an ending for this one either. x.x;

Those are my speculations on what roles they would play in the Anime.

Hihiroshi
9th March 2009, 11:32 PM
Welcome, PKLegendHeroe! I'm glad you joined our club. darklord18, I like your idea. Here's my idea on how the group will work together with Marley and Buck in the anime.

I see her meeting up with the group saying that she is looking for Shaymin. She joins them and constantly brings down Ash's confidence with some criticism on his battling technique (like Paul only not so harsh and Ash doesn't get fazed much, only slightly annoyed XD). I can also see her make a sort of connection with Dawn. I don't know why but I can see them as good friends. I don't know how to end this scenario though...^^;

When they meet him, he crashes into Ash (like Jun did =D) and tells him about the Battle Frontier (if there is one) says that he can beat Ash to the last frontier symbol as a challenge. Ash and co. constantly meet him in their travels through the frontier (with Buck constantly crashing into Ash, although harder each time =P) and...I don't have an ending for this one either. x.x;

Those are my speculations on what roles they would play in the Anime.

Oh man I liked those scenarios but the Buck one could be like when he gets to the battle area ( Ash ) he and Buck crashes to each other like jun did with Ash and that they will have a challenge like to se who gets to Stark Mountain First and after that he will open the battle area where he can battle him and the other partners.

Mr. Joker
10th March 2009, 1:24 AM
^^ I would like to disagree
I think that we will have to much running into becouse it is more then likely that Jun will be their tour guide into the Battle Frontier.... and Buck is trying to run his restaraunt.

LightingKimba
10th March 2009, 2:35 AM
... What's with the Spoiler tags? O_o

Buck's not the type who'd actually run right into people like Jun does. He's more head-strong, and knows where he's going all the time, even though he does love being hyper and firey like all shounen main characters. ;>_>

Marley would probably meet Dawn in a contest, and probably quietly insult her while being all "nice". That! would be the highlight of the anime imo.

Sapphire Phoenix
10th March 2009, 2:44 AM
I might as well do it too :/

I can see Marley doing a contest and beating Dawn. I can't imagine Piplup beating her Arcanine, but the anime tends to make certain pokemon uber...

For Buck... maybe when Ash and Co visit the Survival Area they meet Jun and Buck arguing about Heatran and the Magma Rock. Buck makes a bet with Jun that he can't make it though Stark Mountain and Jun accepts it, only to be trapped in the mountain and Ash 'n friends having to save him from the fiery wrath of Heatran... I can see this happening x.x

Hihiroshi
10th March 2009, 4:22 AM
Hey guys the spoiler tags can only be used when you are talking about stuff in the anime that hasn't happen yet in the US. So you can talk about speculations and about how the future appearence of the rest of the partners whithout a spoiler tag and also if you guys want to talk about how their role is in platinum and etc( anything related to this game ) you can post it whithout spoiler tag because the game will be released in 2 weeks and some people here already have that game ( Like myself )

darklord18
10th March 2009, 4:25 AM
/\ Ok W23, Yeah I don't know about Buck but Marley mostly likely has a big chance of appearing in the league. for me anyway I be glad she show up for one episode.

Sapphire Phoenix
11th March 2009, 2:07 AM
Meh, today out of bordom I tagged up with Marley in the Battle Salon and we did great. Her Sceptile would always go first, which annoyed me a bit since I wanted my Lucario to attack, but it was otherwise ok... So a new topic:

Who do you pick in the Battle Salon the most? And who do you end up battling well with?
I usually pick Riley, but like I said above I'm great with Marley since we sweep the opponent's pokemon...

darklord18
11th March 2009, 2:18 AM
Meh, today out of bordom I tagged up with Marley in the Battle Salon and we did great. Her Sceptile would always go first, which annoyed me a bit since I wanted my Lucario to attack, but it was otherwise ok... So a new topic:
I have the same problem with Mira. her Alakazam can out speed my Garchomp and Garchomp has the highest speed in my team.

I only teaming up with Mira till I can get the medal but I do great with her. her Alakazam and my Garchomp mostly take out our opponents in one or two hits, her Lati?s are good with my Espeon and I notices she use alot of diferent Alakazam compare to the others who have at least 2 or 3 of the same pokemon. But she help me with my 35 wins record. I trying to get a 50 win record with only her.

LightingKimba
11th March 2009, 2:52 AM

Uh... Riley, despite the fact that he's a terrible doubles partner for me, since most of his CPU makes him do is attack the pokemon with the lowest HP, even if I let him have the pokemon that has the type disadvantage over his pokemon.

Marley's the only CPU character that actually compliments my team, since she often "knows" what I'm going to do, so she goes off and does the thing I know she should do. It's surreal, eh?

Yuppirox
11th March 2009, 2:56 AM

Eh, I can't answer this one fully. I dont have Platinum yet.>< I usually wait with my older bros. for the American release. *__* I can tell you who I'll probably will use often. Probably Marley or Mira. I have no idea who (out of all of them, since I'm going to try all the partners) will be the best to work with. I guess I'll just wait until I play the game. BUT! None of these are spoilers to me because I kinda know about everything about the game anyway.^^;

EDIT: I kinda forgot that the place where you partner up with your Tag Battle Partner (TBP) in D/P is called the Battle Salon...Whoops.x.x Well, to answer the topic correctly, I always choose Marley. She works well with me. (and my character and Her sprite's clash so well together!)=D

Rommath
11th March 2009, 8:50 AM

That's a hard one. Well, probably a tie between Mira and Marley. I don't pick the other ones as much.

darklord18
13th March 2009, 1:52 AM

Uh... Riley, despite the fact that he's a terrible doubles partner for me, since most of his CPU makes him do is attack the pokemon with the lowest HP, even if I let him have the pokemon that has the type disadvantage over his pokemon.

least he better that what he dose for me.

Marley's the only CPU character that actually compliments my team, since she often "knows" what I'm going to do, so she goes off and does the thing I know she should do. It's surreal, eh?

Same thing here, Mira 90&#37; of the time know what move I use on what pokemon.

One time I had Gyarados out and she had Zapdos out ao I switch to Grachomp and she dose Discharge which she never use when my Gyaradose was out. Strange that she doesn't use Discharge unless I have Grachomp out.

FireMeowth
13th March 2009, 11:27 AM
I want to join! The Partners are my favorite Pokémon Characters. :3

Which Partner was your favorite?
Buck. No doubt about that. He's the equaliant of awesome! And so are his clothes. *steals*
Which Partner do you dislike?
I really like all of them, so this is a hard one. But if I were to choose my least favorite, I guess it would be Mira. She just... annoys me. >:
Which Partner has the best Pokémon and why?
Maybe Riley. His Lucario paralyzed everything it Force Palmed in the Iron Mine.
Probably RileyxMarley. Or maybe BuckxMarley, just because they're my favorite partners. x3
I've never really thought about this before, but I can't really see the other two in a relationship. Except for Cheryl, maybe. But I don't know who she could be paired up with, so...
If you don't count the Battle Tower, probably Buck. I spent some time training in Stark Mountain with him before moving on. High level Pokémon + Healing after battle = win. Oh, and Buck equals win as well.
I'd say Marley. She shares my... quietness. o.o
Marley. She has awesome Pokémon, and I've gotten a 70 streak with her now. ^-^

darklord18
13th March 2009, 11:50 AM
Your accepted welcome to the club.

How did you get a 70 streak! I being trying to get a 50 with Mira, but keep having trouble.

FireMeowth
13th March 2009, 11:58 AM
I'm not really sure how I did it. Mostly luck, I guess. ^-^'

darklord18
13th March 2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah but the reason why I got to 35 was thanks to Mira, she a big help with Alakazam.

Sapphire Phoenix
14th March 2009, 2:36 AM
Marley would attack the pokemon she would have the greatest advantage against, and since she would be faster than me I'd just leave her choice alone and attack the other pokemon. Usually we'd KO the opponents before they attacked :D

darklord18
14th March 2009, 4:31 AM
/\ Yeah Mira and i would just use clam mind the double psychic which would KO anything in one turn.

New topic.
If you can spend one day with your favorite tag partner, what would you do together?

FireMeowth
14th March 2009, 3:09 PM
I guess I'd let Buck choose whatever he wants to do (he'd probably pick the most awesome things anyways). I'd be happy as long as I'd get to spend the day with him. ^-^'

Sapphire Phoenix
15th March 2009, 12:39 AM
Meh, I'd probably train with Riley, or whatever he'd want to do. Like FireMeowth said, I'd be happy if I spent the day with him ^^

Lemonade
15th March 2009, 3:25 AM
Can I join? I love the tag partners so much~ They're one of the few game components that make me like Gen 4 more than Gen 3 and its amazing pokemon selection (lack of creativity my foot).

Riley and Mira. Psychic is my favorite type and I'm all for cute little girls with Cresselia hair. c: Also, when I team up with Riley in Platinum, he always dishes out super effective hits, making him and his 00b3r Lucario very useful. Marley is also cool; with gothic lolitas you just can't go wrong.
Cheryl and that horrid Chansey of hers. I have nothing against her as a character, but she was the most useless battle partner. I don't remember using her in the battle tower though, so I can't say anything there.
Mira. *w* Mmm delicious loli psychics.
One word: Cheekyshipping. I'm also aching to ship Riley and Buck with someone but I'll need to dig a little deeper into my subconscious.

darklord18
15th March 2009, 4:11 AM
/\ your accept.

Riley and Mira. Psychic is my favorite type and I'm all for cute little girls with Cresselia hair
Same Reason I like Mira as well.

Mira. *w* Mmm delicious loli psychics.

I don't understand what your saying

One word: Cheekyshipping.
You like Cheekyshipping?

LightingKimba
15th March 2009, 4:11 AM
I'd probably spend most of the time getting Marley to open up to me, and be happy with life. Of course... I usually fail when it comes to girls. They seem to hate trying to open their hearts to me...

Rommath
15th March 2009, 4:23 AM

If it was in the Pokemon world, I would just spend the day in Hearthome City with Marley, looking around, exploring Amity Square and perhaps enter a contest together. Then head off to Lake Valor for a moonlight walk. :)

Yuppirox
15th March 2009, 4:53 AM

It would be with either Marley or Buck. With Marley, I would probably talk her into doing some shopping with me...or maybe, in the Pokemon world, I would go to the Battle Cafe thing in Platinum and team up with her in a doubles battle. Then we could go to watch a contest or something...

With Buck, I would go with him to Snowpoint and Ski or have a snowball fight, or I can do that with Marley too. I would want to challenge him to a race with our Pokemon since he seems like the person you would want to have a race with because he seems so....fun! He's all hyper and all, it would be an interesting race.<3

Hihiroshi
17th March 2009, 1:06 AM
Hey guys I just recently have a big win streak with Marley in the battle salon I currently have a 57 match win streak with her.But I don't know how I got to this win streak but my since my Garchomp is pretty fast and her pokemon are fast to we are able to beat them fast I hope I can have a 100 match win streak with her. Lemonade you are accepted.

darklord18
17th March 2009, 1:10 AM
/\Please tell me how you were able to get 57?
I had the worst, battle 28, they had both of our pokemon weakness, Dragon/Ground for me. Ghost/Dark fro Mira. I had Grachomp and Lucario and Mira had Alakazam and Zapdos.

Rommath
17th March 2009, 2:40 PM
Ouch, that must have stung darklord. As for me, the highest win streak I've gotten is about 30, it seems sooner or later that I always run into a trumping team. Still, I just like competing for fun, so I don't really mind too much.

Yuppirox
18th March 2009, 12:43 AM
Thats awesome W23. I cant imagine how hard it must of been. (I only got way less ^^; ) So Marley is your definite Partner, ey? Mine too.:p I think she's awesome. Anyways....

Is there any new topic to discuss?

darklord18
18th March 2009, 1:09 AM
nope none, Pleas tell how you did that W23?
man I keep getting beat in either 21,28,29+. I just can't beat them, but I just like teaming up with Mira.

I think it time for topic
What pokemon do you think or want each partner to use or not to use in the platinum battle tower?

Cheryl: I don't want her with pokemon with Surf or move like it, and Alakaza, That Mira pokemon.
Riley: Um I don't know, maybe the regi trio as I think he had Regiggas.
Mira: Cresselia (come on, she has her hair shape like it wings? Anyone would think she use it.), the other two birds from Kanto, and the lake trio.
Marley: the pokemon she use when you team up with her, maybe the dog trio, I don't want her with Alakazam because that Mira pokemon.
Buck: same as Marley.

Pikachu_luver
18th March 2009, 1:55 AM
Can i join? My fave tag battle partner is Riley,Cheryl, and Marley.

What pokemon do you think or want each partner to use or not to use in the platinum battle tower?

Cheryl- I dont want her to use any pokemon that has a move that raises speed. lol
Riley- I would like pokemon like skarmory or something.
Mira- what she has is fine.
Marley- Ninetales, infernape and the three dogs.
Buck- Gengar and drifblim.

darklord18
18th March 2009, 2:03 AM
/\ your accepted, welcome to the club, hope you enjoy yourself.

Sapphire Phoenix
18th March 2009, 2:31 AM
My current streak is... 21 I think :/

Basically anything that will work best with whatever pokemon I pick, which will probably be Ace, my Salamence, or Tetra, my Garchomp, and Riley, my Lucario. (Yes, I named him after Riley :D)

Yuppirox
18th March 2009, 3:23 AM

Well, I would want them to have a Pokemon that has (at least) decent stats, move sets, and a good balance of (dis)advantages. *and a Pokemon that fits them well. (example; Riley=Lucario, something like that)

Also, Welcome Pikachu_luver to the Tag Battle Partners Club~! darklord18 and I are the co-owners and WGCV23 is the Owner! Have fun in our club.8>

darklord18
18th March 2009, 3:37 AM
and a Pokemon that fits them well. (example; Riley=Lucario, something like that)

Yeah like Alakazam to Cheryl? why? yes it can learn recover but it a sp attacker and it Mira star pokemon, like some of her pokemon are just not worth it. but just me, I like a parnter that has move that even though they hit everyone, that it doesn't hurt much or it help.

LightingKimba
18th March 2009, 3:38 AM
Actually... I was thinking of storming the Platinum Tower with Cheryl, who I grown to like her defensive style a bit more. As long as she doesn't overdo it with defensive pokemon like Snorlax and Blissey, I'm good. She has some smexy eeveelutions, like Espeon and Umbreon, that she randomly picks, so that'd be cool if she used 'em.

Rommath
18th March 2009, 7:59 AM

I've been wondering what Cheryl would be like with a Tyranitar on her team. I could probably set up some interesting combinations with a Rock/Dark.

Hihiroshi
19th March 2009, 4:17 AM
Well guys my win streak is at 60 right now but these battles are tough and did you know that the place where you can challenge the tag partners is now called the Battleground. AND it was mostly luck that I got here because the pokemon I entered were spedy And I got to atack first

Rommath
19th March 2009, 7:48 AM
Nice to see new names for some of the facilities. 6o wins is a great streak, WGCV. Must have been tough.

I'm going to team up with Marley again and give the Battle Tower another go later on tonight.

darklord18
19th March 2009, 7:57 AM
can I give you some info, but I don't know if this effect the winning streak but
If the partner you want to team up with has pokemon you don't want to team up with, leave and then try again and they will have different pokemon. But I haven't try it but I think I did do it one time and they had different pokemon but I don't know.

Rommath
19th March 2009, 2:13 PM
I think you're right, darklord. Most likely. Now that three tag partners have appeared in the anime, wonder when Buck and Marley will appear?

Platinum's Battle Frontier will be fun. Since Scott isn't in Platinum, it will be interesting to see how the player will find out about it. Probably the same way as the Battle Tower was introduced in DP.

Hihiroshi
20th March 2009, 12:41 AM
I think you're right, darklord. Most likely. Now that three tag partners have appeared in the anime, wonder when Buck and Marley will appear?

Platinum's Battle Frontier will be fun. Since Scott isn't in Platinum, it will be interesting to see how the player will find out about it. Probably the same way as the Battle Tower was introduced in DP.

Well in platinum when the player arrives in the battle area ( I don't know it's name ) he encounters Buck ( If I remember ) and he finds out about the battle frontier because of Flint and Volkner and the player and Jun ( rival ) have a double battle againt's them ( you need to win to gain acces to the battle frontier ) and Buck watches how you defeat his older brother again.

Sapphire Phoenix
20th March 2009, 2:18 AM
^lawl, that should have been in spoiler tags :x

I can't wait for that double battle though. It'll be... EPIC!! Only three more days :D

[Ampharos]
20th March 2009, 7:11 AM
Cheryl. She'd do nothing until I found a pokemon I wanted to catch. Then I'd kill the other, then she'd finally do something and kill the pokemon I was about to catch. D;
Arcanine sucked. Kept using Helping hand while I killed them off. I ended up running from all the wilds and tried to take the trainers on one at a time so she wouldn't interfere.
Chansey was useless. Did the opposite of whatever I wanted.
Don't remember Kadabra or Claydol.
Lucario was pretty useless. I ended up killing them while he died.
Which Partner did you spend the most time with and Why?
All about the same. I did them all as fast as I could.
I didn't see that Marley's name was Marley when I helped her out, so I always pick her.
(My name's Marley too)

darklord18
20th March 2009, 7:27 AM
/\ welcome you accept, don't worry, W23 is busy at the moment so he can't be on.

Rommath
21st March 2009, 2:59 PM
Thanks for the info, WGCV. That sounds like a much better introduction to the rather bland one that DP got, although it was only for the Battle Tower.

Wonder if Scott will appear again in the anime.

Yuppirox
21st March 2009, 10:45 PM
Well, a double battle, huh? That is going to be awesome.;] Dang, I've been trying to get a good streak at the Battle Tower with Marley, but I suck at it.D: I want to badly beat it and try a 100-win streak to get my fifth star before Platinum tomorrow. I've been using Marley all the time (with the exception of Riley and Mira, I only used them once each).
For me, Marley would always have either a combination of Sceptile, Crobat, Swellow, or Starmie; which are all good with me. She's mostly into speed and we are always in sync with each other. She's my favorite!=D With coming close in second being Mira. (^v^)

darklord18
21st March 2009, 11:35 PM
Mira would either have Alakazam, Espeon, Glaceon, Lati?s, Zapdos, Ralts fully evolve form. Which is good for me because My Garchomp is my main attacker.

Hihiroshi
22nd March 2009, 5:37 AM
Well guys my win streak is at 80. I was almost defeATED in win # 80 but thank God that Marley's Sceptile saved me agaisn't a Huntail that was going to beat my Infernape and my Infernape defeated a Rhyperior with Closed Combat and my victory was sealed. [ Ampharos ] I will add you to the list.

Pikachu_luver
22nd March 2009, 11:49 PM
Wow thats great! i never got that far! my best streak is 16. XD but thats in diamond in platinum im going to try to beat it cause everytime i killed by something thats weak to my pokemon. =[ But on the other hand i got platinum!! yay!! lol im playing it right now and its awsome! you guys MUST BUY IT!! =]

darklord18
22nd March 2009, 11:58 PM
/\sorry this isn't about Platinum, it about the Tag partners so I will let you of with a warning.

But I can't get Platinum due to it not out here.

But W23 is there any different in their CPU so far?

Hihiroshi
23rd March 2009, 1:00 AM
Thanks darklord18 we were getting a bit off topic with the platinum things. Well my win streak ended at 94, but I am confident that I can reach the 100 win streak so I will try again very soon and this time with a diferent partner( So guys help me out in which partner I can choose for the next try ? don't pick Marley because I already used her for this streak, just Pm me with your opinions so we can't start a discussion here). I don't understand your question darklord18 can you explain it to me? please...?

darklord18
23rd March 2009, 1:07 AM
What I was asking if the partner act any better than they did in DP.

You know who I pick/

Hihiroshi
23rd March 2009, 1:30 AM
What I was asking if the partner act any better than they did in DP.

You know who I pick/

Yes they act a little better than before and I know who would pick and thanks for your opinion.

darklord18
23rd March 2009, 4:28 AM

If I could spend a day with Mira, I would help her catch a pokemon or go to hearthome and watch her enter a contest. And cook poffin (hope that spelled right. Or go to that flower town.

Mr. Joker
23rd March 2009, 6:24 AM
^Floroma.

Topic: Marley of course. I would just hang, and probably hack into Thortons vs. seeker. Lol, that would be funny........

I love Platinum, I was in Eterna Forest and it was amazing with Cheryl and I cought Rotom!

darklord18
24th March 2009, 2:59 AM
Thank Mr joker.

I wish I could play it but it not out here yet.

for those in this club, can you tell us when your able to do this, what pokemon do the partner use in the battle tower apart from the one from DP?

Hihiroshi
30th March 2009, 2:42 AM
Well my friends I am going to try to start a new Win Streak in the Battle Tower and I decided that I am going to use Mira to start this win streak. I hope I can get a long one with her. Also this time when I was with Cheryl in Platinum she help me a lot Chansey Egg Bomb defeated a lot of opponents. But Riley's Lucario din't help me all he did was faint a lot.

Lemonade
30th March 2009, 2:46 AM
OMGDUDES. 8D

Today I went through the second part of Victory Road with Marley and it was cool.
So basically, she used Arcanine (No, really?) and I used my Flareon. Arcanine would sometimes use Fire Fang on Flareon and activate her Flash Fire ability which led to OHKOs with Heat Wave. I wasn't expecting that, so I thought it was cool. Did this happen to anyone else?

Also, I went through Stark Mountain with Buck. That Claydol of his was a lot more useful now than it was in Diamond. o__o Back then it was just useless bulk. What happened? Buck just gained +20 respect points from me.

darklord18
30th March 2009, 3:09 AM
But Riley's Lucario din't help me all he did was faint a lot.
That the same thing he did to me. The bad memories.

Nope Marley only did Helping hand or extremespeed. Mira was more of a help in DP because she use Flash and that other move that lower states in wayward cave. but I haven't play Platinum so I don't know if she any better in platinum.

In the DP, I just got 28 wins and I need to get 22 more win to get the multi medal. I going to beat my record with Mira only. I check about the thing about going to where to pick the partner and then going out to change and it doesn't work.

Pikachu_luver
30th March 2009, 10:45 PM
thx for giving me a warning darklord. srry bout that.

I'd spend my day with Riley. all we will do is battle with other people and pwn them. lol

Lemonade
31st March 2009, 2:38 AM
I laughed. All the available trainers in the Battle Tower had legendaries on them. Mira had Zapdos, Cheryl had Cresselia and Buck had Articuno.
Once again I went with Mira and won two of the battles by sheer luck. Both times I had both of my pokes knocked out but her Roserade was a huge help.

I would play games with Mira, then play with her hair. 8D I want to mess with her hair so I can see how on earth she gets it like that, and how long it really is.

darklord18
31st March 2009, 2:57 AM
I just got knock out of the streak and have to started again.

I would play games with Mira, then play with her hair. 8D I want to mess with her hair so I can see how on earth she gets it like that, and how long it really is.

Yeah I would ask her why her hair that long and how on earth dose she get to look like that. I guess she was pick on at school in her old hometown in the anime.

LightingKimba
31st March 2009, 4:31 AM
Yeah I would ask her why her hair that long and how on earth dose she get to look like that. I guess she was pick on at school in her old hometown in the anime.

In my opinion, she has about the same amount of hair that Yugi does hair gel.

And I should try out some Battle Towering, probably with either Marley or Cheryl, but you know...

Dahlia's a pretty fun Brain to battle against, and the Battle Arcade's a pretty fun facility for a gambler like me.

darklord18
4th April 2009, 4:19 AM

What do you mean?

Has any of them uses any pokemon different to their DP team set in the battle tower?

I really wish I can play Platinum.

Mr. Joker
4th April 2009, 4:26 AM
What do you mean?

Yu-Gi-Oh, good show, not watched in over 3 years... Sorry offtopic

And I should try out some Battle Towering, probably with either Marley or Cheryl, but you know...

Dahlia's a pretty fun Brain to battle against, and the Battle Arcade's a pretty fun facility for a gambler like me.

I havn't tried the Battle Tower yet in Plaitnum although I have beaten each other Brain at least once......

New Topic:

Sapphire Phoenix
4th April 2009, 4:37 AM
I haven't been here for a while... been busy with... stuff X.X I've beaten all the partner's in Platinum at last (Marley was least likely to appear in my game :/)

Well, Cheryl was probably born somewhere around Floraroma or Eterna, and Buck around the Survival Area for sure. I can imagine Riley living near Canalave since he owns Iron Mountain (I think he said that he did...). Mira and Marley are two that I have no idea with...

darklord18
4th April 2009, 4:54 AM

It depend on if it the Anime, Game or Manga counterpart of them
Cheryl Anime; I don't know maybe the same as her game counter part, Game: Floraroma town.
Mira Anime: It show a town were she live but it was never given a name in the bud. Game: I think Hearthone (she look the type to live there.)
Riley All: Canalave city because he knew the gym leader so it would be easy to know that he live there. (thought I don't think he said anything about this in the anime.)
Buck All: the Battleground which is his home after all.
Marley Anime: I don't know but I guess we see in the sinnoh league. Game: Sunnyshore, Don't ask.

I have to answer the Manga part later for most of them because I only saw a picture of them in the Manga in a thread in the Manga area.

Yuppirox
5th April 2009, 12:25 AM
Sorry I haven't been at the club in a while guys...x.x Been playing Platinum too much. I've beaten all the Partners in the Battleground with my favorite to battle would be Marley, with Mira in second, then Riley, Buck and finally, Cheryl.

I noticed that they each specialize in different powers.

Marley-Speed
Mira-Sp. Attack
Riley-Attack (I think)
Cheryl-Defense and Sp. Defense (I think)
Buck-Balanced (not really sure about him though, I haven't battled him in a long time.)

Now for topic time...

(I'm going to use the game partners...maybe a little anime for Mira.)

Mira - Hearthome City maybe. It's a little confusing.
Buck - Survival Area obviously
Marley - I have no clue...
Cheryl - Eternal City
Riley - Canalave City

That's what I put together based on all that I know. (Poor Marley is homeless...XD)

Sapphire Phoenix
5th April 2009, 2:18 AM
I noticed that about the partners as well. Buck is more of an annoyer user, since his pokemon have decent defenses and mainly have attacks like Confuse Ray, Double Team and Toxic... Cheryl is more HP-ish, since many of her pokemon have a lot of HP...

Pikachu_luver
5th April 2009, 4:03 AM

Riley- Canalave city hands down.
Cheryl- Somewhere like Eterna city or Floraroma town
Buck- In the survival area.
Mira- I'm really not to sure about this one but my guess is Hearthome city.
Marley- idk maybe Veilstone city?

That's all i can think of. Marley is the hardest one to guess where she lives. Riley is the easiest one for obvious reasons.

Hihiroshi
5th April 2009, 5:00 AM
Marley-Speed
Mira-Sp. Attack
Riley-Attack (I think)
Cheryl-Defense and Sp. Defense (I think)
Buck-Balanced (not really sure about him though, I haven't battled him in a long time.)

Wel to correct a little( sorry if I ofended you with this )

Mira= Sp. Atack
Riley= Atack
Cheryl= Healing
Buck= Defense and Sp. Defense
Marley= Speed

Together thy are known as the Stats Trainer's ( I think it was like that )

Yuppirox
5th April 2009, 5:15 AM
Wel to correct a little( sorry if I ofended you with this )

Mira= Sp. Atack
Riley= Atack
Cheryl= Healing
Buck= Defense and Sp. Defense
Marley= Speed

Together thy are known as the Stats Trainer's ( I think it was like that )

No need to worry, WGCV23. I thank you for the correction. Is that right? I don't remember Cheryl doing that much healing moves. All I noticed were the large amount of HP all her Pokemon have.

-Wobbuffet
-Wailord
-Drifblim
-Blissey
-Hariyama

Aren't they all defensive Pokemon? Also, I completely forgot Buck's PKMN Roster...^^; Can someone refresh my memory?

darklord18
5th April 2009, 5:20 AM
/\ sorry I only know Mira team set.

I notices no one has said Mira live in Entia (sorry for the bad spelling) city (the one with the second gym leader) or the first gym leader city with the fossil.
But yeah Marley could have been from another region so I think Kanto because she has a kanto pokemon when you first meet up with her.

Yuppirox
5th April 2009, 5:28 AM
But yeah Marley could have been from another region so I think Kanto because she has a kanto pokemon when you first meet up with her.

True...But when you battle her in the Battleground, her team set consists of--

-Ninjask
-Weavile
-Crobat
-Arcanine
-Electrode

She's got 2 Kanto, 1 Jhoto, 1 Hoenn, and 1 Sinnoh. Although she does have more Kanto...Eh, but how did she know about Shaymin? Surely a Sinnoh native must know of a Pokemon that rare, right?

Pikachu_luver
5th April 2009, 5:34 AM
The pokemon team Buck has i think is

-shuckle
-dusknoir
-torkoal
-unbreon
-claydol

Srry if some of them r spelled wrong. I'm horrible at spelling.

Yuppirox
5th April 2009, 5:38 AM
The pokemon team Buck has i think is

-shuckle
-dusknoir
-torkoal
-unbreon
-claydol

Srry if some of them r spelled wrong. I'm horrible at spelling.

Thank you! My mind has been refreshed now.

That team does look Defensive... Actually, it is. All of them specialize in Defense and Sp. Defense. So Cheryl specializes in HP and Buck is in the Defenses. There, solved!^-^

darklord18
5th April 2009, 5:57 AM
Yeah but then why give Cheryl a Alakazam? It Mira star pokemon.
With the where Marley live thing, We just have to wait and see when she appear in the anime.

Hihiroshi
5th April 2009, 10:40 PM
Cheryl= Eterna City
Buck= Survival Area
Rliey= Canalave or Oreburgh
Mira= Hearthome
Marley= Sunny Shore or another Region

-Wobbuffet
-Wailord
-Drifblim
-Blissey
-Hariyama

But Remember this Pokemon have high HP. And most of her pokemon have healing moves. But her Pokemon have decent Defense.

Yuppirox
6th April 2009, 10:08 PM
But Remember this Pokemon have high HP. And most of her pokemon have healing moves. But her Pokemon have decent Defense.

Hehe, I guess your right about that.^^; I kinda beat her to fast to know what moves she uses for her Pokemon. Maybe next time I'll go more easier to see what moves her Pokemon have. I go too overboard with all the battling, I over trained my Pokemon to the Level 80's that I tend to forget about trainers and what Pokemon they use. Well, I memorized Riley's team alignment.

-Absol
-Ursaring
-Lucario
-Metagross
-Salamence

There! For Mira it's...

-Magnezone
-Porygon-Z
-Alakazam
-Togekiss
-Gengar

Now I have the upper-hand in knowing their Pokemon rosters.

darklord18
10th April 2009, 5:41 AM
Dose anyone know if the partners appear in the resort area?

Which Partner episode did you like? (doesn't matter if it your favorite or not, just one you like so far,)

omniouswind
10th April 2009, 5:56 AM
Hey everyone! It's been a while! Hope you all have been enjoying your Platinum playing experiences! ^_^

So far I've paired up with all the partners except Buck and Marley, but I could travel with them now if I wanted to. I talked to Buck at the Fight Area after he witnessed my battle with Volkner and Flint...

I have yet to go the Battle Tower yet, because I don't have a solid team of POkemon put together. But I'll probably end up pairing wiht Marley again...
Although Riley and Mira were the most helpful in-game for me, when I partnered up with them... Psybeam from Mira's Kababra took down most Pokemon with its high spatk, and Riley's Lucario used a variety of moves to counter our opponents.

I really liked Cheryl's actually. I like how they expanded upon the whole honey thing and angry!Vespiquen was actually kinda of cool to see. I dunno, it was just a cool set of episodes. And main reason I liked Riley's episodes was because of Jun and Mars, lol. ^^;

Mr. Joker
10th April 2009, 5:56 AM
Nope, none did

Which Partner episode did you like? (doesn't matter if it your favorite or not, just one you like so far,)

Hihiroshi
11th April 2009, 9:05 PM
Hey everyone Well my new win Streak with Mira ended in 23!!!!!.

Well I Really liked Mira's episode a lot. But the one that I least like was the Cheryll Introductiory episode( Remember Cheryll have 4 episodes!!!).

New Topic:
I think that Riley has the best team because I really like the Pokemon he has on his team.

Pikachu_luver
11th April 2009, 9:54 PM
Nice streak WGCV23.

To me its has to be Riley cause his pokemon has awsome attack and all his pokemon are some of my favorites.

darklord18
12th April 2009, 1:05 AM
Well I Really liked Mira's episode a lot. But the one that I least like was the Cheryll Introductiory episode( Remember Cheryll have 4 episodes!!!).

can you please tell us were this 4th episode is. I only remember 3 yeah I didn't like her ones for one reason.
1 no Brock getting poison jabed.
2 Cheryl got trick by team rocket which was sad.
3 most it was focus on her and not on what she was doing.
number 3 is same for Riley. Giving two episode showing something we already know about him is just a wast of time.
Mira episode didn't focus mostly on her, it focus mostly on her getting sandshrew.
I don't mean to offend any of fan of Riley and Cheryl and if I did I an sorry.

I haven't answered that episode title yet.
and why do we have two new topic?

um is in the anime, Manga or games?
Anime: Mira! come on, a girl with a abra and use it well. she just so cute with it. wonder if she will have a kadabra or Alakazam. Both which look cute. (though site say she has Sandshrew on her team, I don't count it being her's.)
Game: Mira because she use pokemon that are cute with her and all but one could be showed when she reappears in the Anime (if she reappears) or in the Manga. (if she every appears.)

Sapphire Phoenix
12th April 2009, 2:47 AM
Probably Riley, since his pokemon are awesome, strong, and he uses many of my favorites. But I also like Marley's team since they're easy to KO...

Mr. Joker
12th April 2009, 2:52 AM
darklord18, Pokemon doesn't have to be fair. Deal with it.

Riley, Becouse his Aura mutt Lucario, has aura and as we all know, aura will rule all. I don't read the magna and If i did I would have to say Cheryl. Miras team was horrible. I am sorry, it just was.

Hihiroshi
12th April 2009, 5:52 AM
You are right Mr. Joker( Sorry darklord18 ), Pokemon hasn't been fair with characters screentime and It always will be. So Mira got 1 episode but to tell you what I think her only episode is better than the ones that Cheryll got( sorry Cheryll fans ) because to me they sucked and I really din't like them. On the other hand Riley might make a future appearence because I hear that in the end of his last episode that he said that he would like to face Team Galactic again, soo if this happen he would be getting 3 or more episodes. So there will be the partner who will get more episode than the others and I think is Riley if the thing I heard was true.

darklord18
15th April 2009, 1:31 PM
Mira episode was the best. Great character background, funny and nice compare to the other. (Cheryl's put me almost to sleep and Riley were just strange.) plus one of the best Team rocket scenes I seen and I been watching pokemon since day one. "I your biggest fan" line was just cool and cute. Who here agree that it was funny? lol

Though I admit, Cheryl was good (if someone steal your pokemon, there not going to help you.) lol

Yuppirox
18th April 2009, 9:31 PM
Which Partner had the best team?

For me, its either between Marley, Mira or Riley. Riley's team was cool (so was Marley's) , while Mira's was a balance of different types (so was Marley's too). So it's actually between Marley or Mira.

Which Partner episode did you like?

I really liked the Riley episodes. There was alot of chaos involved, also, Barry and Mars were there, too! He and his Lucario look so well together.

darklord18: I thought that was funny too. When someone who isn't a part of TR says they like and admire them, it's usually a trick.XP

Hihiroshi
20th April 2009, 7:00 AM
I your biggest fan" line was just cool and cute. Who here agree that it was funny? lol

Yep it was so funny , I laughed a lot when I heard that, but man Team Rocket are so stupid because the got tricked real bad.

Pokefan#493: Yep the Riley's episodes were great, I liked how Barry contributed a long the way and how James Carnivine learned Vine Whip.

darklord18
20th April 2009, 7:19 AM
Yep it was so funny , I laughed a lot when I heard that, but man Team Rocket are so stupid because the got tricked real bad.

Well when she was saying I your biggest fan, I thought she really want to join them but then she tricked them it was so funny as not only did Team Rocket get tricked, I got fooled up till she started talking to Abra. They didn't just get Trick badly that was just funny.

Cheryl was Okay but like I said it just silly that Cheryl thought they were helping her.

Riley umm I haven't really seen it but I did hear something about his Lucario breaking his Pokeball.

Um Yeah in Platinum do the partner use any other pokemon than the ones in DP?

LightingKimba
21st April 2009, 4:02 AM
Huh, haven't been here for quite the while...

Cheryl= Probably in Floroma Town, somewhere with beauty of the land.
Buck= Survival Area (Obviously)
Riley= In my opinion, somewhere in Hoenn, like Steven's home town, Mossdeep.
Mira= Mm... Mira looks to be a Solaceon gal, she could even be from somewhere like Jubilife, I guess.
Marley= It'd be funny if she turned out to be a Floroma-chick.

Honestly, Buck has a well-balanced team of defense-style pokemon, while the others seem to use random pokemon without an actual "use to.

Virtuos
23rd April 2009, 3:13 PM
umm... can i join?
i really like them having as partners speially at BT.

Cheryl = Eterna, she so desperate to go there :D
Buck = Survival area, but i think he's more on Fight area.
Riley = Iron Island. Notice the deserted house there?
Mira = Veilstone, i think
Marley = the peaceful solaceon. umm...

Yuppirox
23rd April 2009, 11:52 PM
umm... can i join?
i really like them having as partners speially at BT.

Riley = Iron Island. Notice the deserted house there?

Sure you can join~! ;]

The deserted house belongs to Byron of Canalave Gym, remember? After getting National, you go to his house and he gives you a Metal Coat. Although, if it weren't for that, that would be the perfect place for Riley to live. Why not?

Mr. Joker
24th April 2009, 12:08 AM
The deserted house belongs to Byron of Canalave Gym, remember? After getting National, you go to his house and he gives you a Metal Coat. Although, if it weren't for that, that would be the perfect place for Riley to live. Why not?

But he owns the island Oo

Anyways I have a new topic:

If you could create your own Tag Partner what would he/she be like, What would be the team, how old would it be, what does she wear?

Yuppirox
24th April 2009, 2:28 AM
If you could create your own Tag Partner what would he/she be like, what would be their team, how old would they be, what does he/she wear?

Well, I know one thing. I suck at creativeness.XD

Anyway... First off, she would probably be my age. She would have a personality where she is normally shy around others, but whenever someone insults her, annoys her, or makes her jealous, she would blow steam. But, she can still be a very nice and talkative person around people she knows very well. Given her first time teaming up with people she just meets, she can work well in the sense that she's known her partner for years and knows every move he/she makes. Like a professional Tag Battler that knows all.=P

As for clothes...the first thing that pops in my head is Marley.O.o I don't know why, but Marley's clothes catch my attention. A little bit on the Gothic side...but changes outfits every so often. (Something like Mira's clothes, but in dress form.)

As for her team, it would be a team that consists of Pokemon that usually have a shy or quick-tempered personality (like her). I would want her Pokemon to be completely random, to be honest.

Well, as far as creativeness goes, this is what came to mind.^^

Virtuos
24th April 2009, 3:27 AM
If you could create your own Tag Partner what would he/she be like, what would be their team, how old would they be, what does he/she wear?

Lol, i would make him wear a hoodie, with shades and everything hippy *lol*
He will be at a post-adult age, having teams based on offense.
Like Medicham, Hitmonchan, Garchomp, Jolteon, etc.

His personality would be... hippy... funky... and overconfident.
yayz

darklord18
27th April 2009, 6:13 AM

He be like a lucas with cloth but different colour and he won't wear a hat. his hair would would be long (half the length of Mira's) He would be 10-11 (I can't decide)

he would have respect for Riley, Marley and Mira (Riley as he own a Lucario and Mira use psychic types) he doesn't get along Buck and Cheryl and has a rival like personality with Mira as they both use psychic pokemon or pokemon with high special attack.

his team is Espeon which is the pokemon he has when first met, Alakazam, Togekiss, Roserade and Lucario.

And welcome Virtuos, be sure to read the first post in this club to find all the old topic we have.

LightingKimba
28th April 2009, 12:54 AM

Nyeh? Karina from my fanfic would be the perfect idea for a tag partner for me.

Her ever-energetic and jolly personality is only counter-balanced from her obsession with wanting to be "normal", since she doesn't seem to be able to see things in a negative way.

She's fairly young, only being 15, and has a slight obsession with her pink jacket, to the point where it's a permanent part of her clothing ensemble, with her black dress, yellow knee-high boots, and her pink bandana being secondary (The bandana itself is tied in a way that both makes her have a ponytail and appears to look like a pair of cat ears).

Her team itself (Which is a bit of a spoiler from my fic, but meh.) would be: Blaziken, Ursaring, Luxray, Azumarill, and Aggron.

If you don't like the idea of me porting a fanfic character, I could always make a different person. More brain training for me. ;P

Myuutsuua
28th April 2009, 3:04 AM
Kimba she sounds cute! Make a sprite to go with it.

LightingKimba
28th April 2009, 3:39 AM
Kimba she sounds cute! Make a sprite to go with it.

Heheh, thanks. ^^ When I get around to it, I'll make a sprite out of her yet. ;P

darklord18
1st May 2009, 4:09 AM
Well I found a good team setup for teaming up with Mira. I getting up to 21-30 with ease and I got knock out in number 17 once because I use the the wrong move and took Mira's pokemon out.
I think it time for a new topic.

New Topic.

LightingKimba
1st May 2009, 6:39 AM
All of their designs are fairly normal, just references to how people dress in the real world. The only one even close to "strange" would be Marley's gothic lolita design, and even then, she still looks awesome, like Misa. ;P

Sapphire Phoenix
2nd May 2009, 1:08 AM
lol, I haven't been here for a while v.v

Meh, I'll go with one of my fic characters, Eric. He would have long, brown hair with black tips, eyes the color of rubies (yes, red eyes), slender and slightly muscular (not buff), a simple white shirt with a brown jacket and khaki pants... He would be the serious type, and would only crack a joke when he was with trusted friends... He's around 16 or 17.

He'd have a Jolteon, Flygon, Sharpedo, Houndoom, and... Sceptile. Basically Pokemon with sorta low defenses and high speed.

They all look like normal people, but I'll say Buck for his hair. It shows you his relationship with Stark Mountain... :/

Yuppirox
2nd May 2009, 7:47 AM
Which Tag Partner has the strangest design?

I'd have to go with Cheryl on this one. It's probably just me, but the way she dresses.....It's just weird to me.=/ Also how she uses boots to go with it seems weird to me too. Also Mira's hair style...but that's another story.^^

Rommath
2nd May 2009, 11:59 AM
I've been a bit inactive here. School...

They al seem fairly normal, probably only Marley's stands out to me as strange. Though of course, she's still my favourite. ;)

Yuppirox
3rd May 2009, 7:27 AM
Hey there guys. I found some new art on Pokesho...

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/pokeshoMarleyDawn.jpg
http://www.pokesho.com/mokuji.html

I think the artist captured Marley's character great. Just look at her expression... It looks cute imo.

Mr. Joker
3rd May 2009, 4:17 PM
Oly crap thats some cool ChoqueShipper art

Pokefan, I think we are going to be in a race for some fan art, laugh out load, I was going to post that in this post. But I found a good one of Cheryl.

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr271/MrJoker917/o_momi_090104.jpg-Pokesho

Riley, I found it to be a very cool design.

A new speculation topic about the game that may be releced, this is just speculation and thus I am putting it in a spoiler, and I expect evreyone do the same. (Sorry darklord or Mr. Owner if I shouldnt be able to do this)

So, I think we all know that the game that is going to be reviled Next Sunday is going to be a Gold, Silver and Hopefully Crystal remake. What do you think about Tag Parnters Being in this game. I think that it is a possability for AFTER you beet the main game.What are your opinions on this?

Yuppirox
3rd May 2009, 8:16 PM
Oly crap thats some cool ChoqueShipper art

Pokefan, I think we are going to be in a race for some fan art, laugh out load, I was going to post that in this post. But I found a good one of Cheryl.

A new speculation topic about the game that may be releced, this is just speculation and thus I am putting it in a spoiler, and I expect evreyone do the same. (Sorry darklord or Mr. Owner if I shouldnt be able to do this)

So, I think we all know that the game that is going to be reviled Next Sunday is going to be a Gold, Silver and Hopefully Crystal remake. What do you think about Tag Parnters Being in this game. I think that it is a possability for AFTER you beet the main game.What are your opinions on this?

I always thought Marley and Dawn looked cute together. Heh.

Cool fan art.^^ Although, even though we know it too is from the Pokesho website, you should give credits for it. You should fix that.

I don't really feel much into posting loads of fan art.... That was a 1 time thing, sorta.

About the spoiler topic...

Nah, I don't think that the Tag Partners would appear in a GS remake. It's still a slight chance like you said Mr. J. I highly doubt it though. I'm still holding my hopes high and I can't wait for the next Pokemon Sunday....but that's kinda off-topic.

TurtwigFan1
3rd May 2009, 9:12 PM
Hi, I'd like to join please!

This is soo hard! Riley, but Marley is close behind. I love his Attack-based Pokémon and his style of dress. Soo slick! :D

Yuppirox
3rd May 2009, 11:04 PM
Looky here guys. Some more fan art from Pokesho.^^

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/i_marley_dpt-1.gifhttp://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/i_riley_dpt-1.gifhttp://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/i_mira_dpt-1.gifhttp://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/i_cheryl_dpt-1.gifhttp://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/i_buck_dpt-1.gif
http://www.pokesho.com/mokuji.html

I like how Marley's blushing...how cute.x3

darklord18
3rd May 2009, 11:29 PM
Hi, I'd like to join please!

This is soo hard! Riley, but Marley is close behind. I love his Attack-based Pokémon and his style of dress. Soo slick! :D

yeah you can join, don't worry the owner isn't no at the moment.

Looky here guys. Some more fan art from Pokesho.^^
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/i_mira_dpt-1.gif
I like how Marley's blushing...how cute.x3

Mira look cute. he really did good with her hair.

yeah I hope they put the partners in. well if you look at it. Mira and Marley can be showed. Mira has pokemon that evolve from pokemon that can be found in Johto and Marley, we don't know were she came from. But I hope they have background story with them.

Mr. Joker
3rd May 2009, 11:58 PM
I ment a whole new set of tag partners. I do think that there will be more of a hyper non-goth girl in search of the white rock again (Marleys sister) or a brother would be great to have to, of course.

I do also think that we will be tagging along with Gold(The G/S/C/ Rival) (Much like Steven/Barry/Dawn) near the Burnt Tower. Or maybe it catches your rival and then you have to go catch the bird and then you tag along with him on the way out. Probably wont happen, but I can dream!

I do also think that we shall be seeing a tag partner in the Mt. Moon and Mt. Silver quests.

Mira look cute. he really did good with her hair.
That is how her hair always is.

-Mr. Joker

Mizu♪
4th May 2009, 9:44 AM
Hi there! I'm Ren! ^^
I hope it's not too late to join this club, if it's possible. o3o
Tag-team was a really cool invention~ I really like it. I don't have the answers to all the topics, but I want to at least give my opinion on some!

What partner was your favorite? Eheheh... Riley! And not because he's dressed all gentlemanly, or looks all cool, or because he has a lucario, or the fact that he gave me an egg or anything... ohohoho, nothing like that... >3>

What Partner you dislike? It's not really a dislike, but it annoyed me how Buck was all: "HAHAHA you're weaksauce!" then, a little later on, "omg let's partner up k? :3"

What Partner Shippings do you support? MMM... PLAYER x RILEY? XD I'm not sure I get this question... OTL

If you can spend one day with your favorite tag partner, what would you do together? ............... ice cream and a walk in the park/beach/somewhere on a nice day?? ;u; WHILE HOLDING HANDS?!

Where do you think the Tag Partners were born? I like to think Riley was born in Lavender Town, on account of his mystifying aura-ness, and Lavender's this spiritual place. But that wouldn't make sense, because that's all the way in Kanto!

Which Partner has the best Team? Well... Riley uses the most pokemon... =3= ... /fail

Marley, in my opinion. Not that I don't like the gothic-lolita type of dress, but the way she looks reminds me of a Rich Boy. http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/avatar/richboy.png xD

xDD Ahh. My tag team partner would be my friend, Hika. She'd be dressed like a skitty-girl, I guess, on account of how much she loves them. (Poke-fan much? xP) I'm guessing she'd have skitties/delcatty. She's in her teens, and.. she's really sweet and selfless. :3

uhm, I'm not great at drawing, but I did draw her once! Here's the image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/mizutachi/hikarii.png
C: LOL @ real friends being CPU tag partners.

My closing statement would be that originally, I thought Marley was a boy. Before I saw her dress and bow all. It was in this icon. xD;
...I probably talked about Riley too much... n_n"

;355;

darklord18
4th May 2009, 11:33 AM
/\ your accept, the owner is busy with other thing and won't be on but he will add you to the list as soon as he get back. I guess you like Riley as much as I like Mira.

My closing statement would be that originally, I thought Marley was a boy. Before I saw her dress and bow all. It was in this icon. xD;

Least it not as bad as what I did.
I though Mira art work was Cheryl and Cheryl art work was Mira. (I saw a scan with there artwork and at that time DP was only out in Japaneses so really when I found out a couple of day later, I was surprise.

What Partner you dislike? It's not really a dislike, but it annoyed me how Buck was all: "HAHAHA you're weaksauce!" then, a little later on, "omg let's partner up k? :3"

That remind me of Gary way back in Kanto and Barry in DP.

...I probably talked about Riley too much... n_n"
Well your not the only one that talk about a certain partner so don't worry about it. I talk about Mira alot. I just don't know why. she cute in the way her anime counter part and game counter part are different from eachother.

Mizu♪
4th May 2009, 11:28 PM
I guess you like Riley as much as I like Mira.

Really? ^_^ HAHA how much do you like Mira? :3 Now I'm curious~~!!
It's nice to have a character that you like. Some people don't understand why I like certain fictional characters, they tell me it is childish because they're "not real" but that doesn't stop me! 8D

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I am really happy to be accepted. ^^

darklord18
4th May 2009, 11:54 PM
Really? ^_^ HAHA how much do you like Mira? :3 Now I'm curious~~!!
well she one of my favorite character but that about it.

well Mira and Buck design was pretty strange. how can Buck get his hair that way?
Mira hairstyle and cloth cloth style is strange, it not something you see everyday, even in the pokemon world.

Yuppirox
5th May 2009, 1:10 AM
Welcome to the club, Mizu♪~ I hope you enjoy being here and all!C:

Y-you thought M-Marley was a b-boy? OMG. That made me lol.xD

I agree that Buck is weird and all....he weirds me out.O.o;

EDIT: Oh yeah... WGCV23 told me that he won't be able to log onto Sppf for until May 15. When he logs on that day, he'll add all new comers on the members list.=] No need to worry~!

LightingKimba
5th May 2009, 2:28 AM
I heard that most people believed Buck was a chick. I wouldn't be surprised from how Pokésho and most other fan sites keep drawing him with those bishounen looks...

Yuppirox
5th May 2009, 3:02 AM
I heard that most people believed Buck was a chick. I wouldn't be surprised from how Pokésho and most other fan sites keep drawing him with those bishounen looks...

^Lolz to that.xP His hair reminds me of a girl's hair bun style...

Oh yeah, more fan art everybody~

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/o_momimai_071206.jpg
http://www.pokesho.com/home.html

I like Marley.....~=D

darklord18
5th May 2009, 5:27 AM
EDIT: Oh yeah... WGCV23 told me that he won't be able to log onto Sppf for until May 15. When he logs on that day, he'll add all new comers on the members list.=] No need to worry~!

and he never told me?

I heard that most people believed Buck was a chick. I wouldn't be surprised from how Pok&#233;sho and most other fan sites keep drawing him with those bishounen looks...
Well I heard some people mistake Mira for a boy. even when I show then the a picture of her artwork, they thought she was a boy. I don't how they thought that.

but dose anyone else notices the reference to another anime/manga series character with the same hair style as Buck?

I like Marley.....~=D

I like her a little but she just strange to me for some reason.

Y-you thought M-Marley was a b-boy? OMG. That made me lol.xD

well it understandable. I did the same to some character from DP and games before.

Mr. Joker
5th May 2009, 2:13 PM
@darklord, he told me to, and Pokefan#493 outside of SPPF

Well I heard some people mistake Mira for a boy. even when I show then the a picture of her artwork, they thought she was a boy. I don't how they thought that.

but dose anyone else notices the reference to another anime/manga series character with the same hair style as Buck?
Abra is a very boy-ish pokemon. FLINT, is Bucks Brother, so you should be able to tell some similatarys.

I like her a little but she just strange to me for some reason.
So, you are saying, she is just like Mira, Cheryl, and Riley. (Can't say about Buck yet0

well it understandable. I did the same to some character from DP and games before.
Becouse most boys were Miniskirts, leg warmers, and bows in there hair. [/sarcasm]

My search on Pokesho..... has ended, unless I can find the chibis before pokefan JK soon.

Newest topic for the tag partner lobers (Spelling intended):
If your faviote Tag Partner didn't have the pokemon he/she didn't have, what pokemon could you imagen him/her with?

darklord18
5th May 2009, 3:06 PM
@darklord, he told me to, and Pokefan#493 outside of SPPF
and he didn't tell me? Ow well.

Abra is a very boy-ish pokemon.
Well Abra can be a girlish pokemon. Like every other Psychic pokemon. (well most of them.) but really, if the hair doesn't show them Mira a she, then I don't know what will. just people I show the picture didn't believe me till I brought the DP guild.

FLINT, is Bucks Brother, so you should be able to tell some similatarys.
I was talking about another anime/manga series.

So, you are saying, she is just like Mira, Cheryl, and Riley. (Can't say about Buck yet0

Not quit, I saying say different in the sense that she had a good personalty that didn't annoy me unlike a certain person. Marley and Mira are the top two that I would say really had good personalty in the game follow by Buck.

Becouse most boys were Miniskirts, leg warmers, and bows in there hair. [/sarcasm]
What I mean is that When I see a image of their artwork and it poor quality. I trend to mistake the gender of the person. But yeah I understand what your saying though.

I answer the topic later as I having trouble understand it.

Yuppirox
6th May 2009, 12:37 AM
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/c_mai.gifhttp://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/c_baku.gifhttp://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/c_miru.gifhttp://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/XxPlatinaxX/c_momi.gif
Pokesho (http://www.pokesho.com/home.html)

I beat Mr. J to it jk Well, it's weird that Pokesho didn't have a Riley one. These are all they had... They're all still cute though.

Topic time...

Eh, I'm confuzzled with this topic. It's kinda hard to understand. Buuut, I'll try.^^

If Marley (yes, you all know she's my fav) didn't have Arcanine, I would imagine her with Darkrai Mightyena or another black and white emo Pokemon... More likely Dark type.

LightingKimba
6th May 2009, 1:28 AM

Uh... Hm. Since now I only see Cheryl as the "normal" tag partner of the games (As well as one of the most defensively mind-setted... ;>_>), she would have something along the lines of Miltank, just because it to has the ability to share HP, and is one heck of a tank.

Now back to writing my fanfic, as usual... Gero gero gero...

Sapphire Phoenix
6th May 2009, 2:40 AM
I can imagine Riley with an Aggron, even though it's more of a defensive pokemon than offensive... well, it can go both ways. I can see Mira with an Espeon, Buck with... a Camerupt (I guess), Marley with Jolteon (?), and Cheryl with some sort of high HP pokemon... like Snorlax... if she doesn't already have one (I can't remember x.x)

darklord18
8th May 2009, 6:55 AM
I don't really understand this but I try to answer it. I picture Mira with a espeon or Cresselia or a eevee or a togepi.
Buck I picture with any fire type pokemon.
Marley with Unbeon

SuperWeb606
10th May 2009, 1:52 AM
..Um...Hi. I've been looking at people's sigs and seeing these...so...can I join?

SuperWeb606
10th May 2009, 1:55 AM
..Um...Hi. I've been looking at people's sigs and seeing these...so...can I join?

Yuppirox
10th May 2009, 2:09 AM
Cool. The sigs actually worked! Hehe, I knew it would at some point.^^ Sure you can join! The owner won't be logging on until May 15th so wait for him to return and you'll be put in the list! Enjoy!

LightingKimba
10th May 2009, 11:13 AM
Yaw... I've finally got done spriting Karina (After about a week or two of being a sloth; schoolwork's much harder a guy who wants to do what he wants for a change. ;>_>), so... Yeah. Here it is:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff123/Gigatongatlingman/Others/Karina.png

SuperWeb606
10th May 2009, 12:47 PM
Sorry about that double post...
As for partner's, another reason I like them is you always heal after ever battle, making it easy to train. That's how I beat the 6th gym. My favorite is probably Riley, because my favorite pokemon is riolu.

darklord18
10th May 2009, 2:59 PM
Sorry about that double post...
As for partner's, another reason I like them is you always heal after ever battle, making it easy to train. That's how I beat the 6th gym. My favorite is probably Riley, because my favorite pokemon is riolu.

It okay. Yeah they really help, I got my Gible to Level 35 in Wayward cave. (It took me a long time due to being lost with no pokemon with Flash and the only one with it was in the PC.

you could read the first post as it has the topic to talk about here. enjoy yourself here.

LightingKimba that look good. It different from what I pictured.

Yuppirox
10th May 2009, 7:49 PM
That's a very cute sprite, LightningKimba!^^ It's true, I kinda pictured her differently as well....Still, good work!

The Partners really do help you out a lot when you're in sticky situations. Sometimes, I forget that they can heal you and I tend to go to my bag to get a potion, until I checked their conditions, that is... Well, let's just say I can get pretty forgetful at times, heheh.^_^'

SuperWeb606
10th May 2009, 11:24 PM
Riley. I love riolu.

Buck. He was always in your face.
Hmmm...I like them all.
...What?
Riley. Training for 6th gym.
Probably Buck. Just because I'm quick thinking.
Anyone.

LightingKimba
11th May 2009, 1:05 AM
LightingKimba that look good. It different from what I pictured.

That's a very cute sprite, LightningKimba!^^ It's true, I kinda pictured her differently as well....Still, good work!

The only thing I hate about the sprite is that Premier Ball. No matter how many edits I made on it, it keep turning into some misshapen egg thing, which annoyed me to no end.

I am curious at how she looked like in your eyes before the sprite I made...

And tag battlers are pretty cool, healing your pokémon like that. I am curious at how many healing items they have, and where'd they get enough money to afford that limitless source...

darklord18
11th May 2009, 1:35 AM
I don't really remember but I though the jacket was a like bit bigger but I forgot the rest.

yeah they great for leveling up, though you should alway carry a spare Flash TM with you + HM slave.

And tag battlers are pretty cool, healing your pokémon like that. I am curious at how many healing items they have, and where'd they get enough money to afford that limitless source...
Or were they can store them without a backpack except for Mira as she dose have a bag.

I think Mira is/come from a rich family as she able to afford all those healing items and in the anime, she was able to afford 7-8 breather thing, plus the way she look, she dose look like she come from a rich family.

Yuppirox
11th May 2009, 2:43 AM
I think Mira is/come from a rich family as she able to afford all those healing items and in the anime, she was able to afford 7-8 breather thing, plus the way she look, she dose look like she come from a rich family.
Not only Mira. Marley and Riley look rich, too. Riley especially, because of his velvet-like clothing, hat and jewelry. Now if only he had a flashy cane...

@LightningKimba: I just pictured her to have that pink hat you described.^^

darklord18
12th May 2009, 3:40 AM
Not only Mira. Marley and Riley look rich, too. Riley especially, because of his velvet-like clothing, hat and jewelry. Now if only he had a flashy cane...
Yeah Like Marley could well be rich. Same for Cheryl.

But really, How can a little girl afford all those underwater breather things or in the game, a lot of healing item and not be rich?

well for me it.
Mira= Cresselia, well the hair give it away. Or Mew because they both look cute together
Buck= Heatram, well Buck dose live close to were you find it. Or Entei
Riley= Regigigas or Groundon
Marley= Shaymin or Darkria
Cheryl= Celibe (sorry for bad spelling.)

SuperWeb606
12th May 2009, 1:07 PM
What if they have mystic healing powers? Lol.
Mira= Mew, really
Buck= Heatran
Riley= Hmm....tough one. Darkria. A good one.
Marley= Hmm.... Latios.
Cheryl= Celebi. Duh.

Yuppirox
12th May 2009, 4:59 PM
Which legendary Pokemon do you think matches each Partner?

Mira: Shaymin
Buck: Heatran
Riley: Latios
Marley: Darkrai
Cheryl: Celebi

Yeah... I think Marley and Darkrai fit each other more than with Riley. They're both Dark, mysterious and quiet...

LightingKimba
13th May 2009, 3:12 AM
True darklord, she's probably as rich as Momoka Nishizawa. And yes, I do watch Keroro Gunso waay too much for my health. XD

Legendaries...? Hm. Well...

I find Cheryl to be synonymous to the peace-loving Cresselia. She seems to be a person who loves to take care of people, despite her inability to progress through the Eterna Forest on her own.

Mira heavily reminds me of Jirachi. They're both loli-esque characters, and I wouldn't think one second that they'd even have fun talking and eating candy with each other.

Then there's Riley... Probably Latios. They're both cool, and Latios also gives a similar wave to Riley, a mysterious air of coolness and toughness.

Marley reminds me of the cold Mewtwo. Now don't get me wrong, I think she's a cute person, but... Both her and Mewtwo appear to have a "lonely" wave, a thing for being aloof and away from others. I know, a bit of a chilly thing, but they do give off that lonely wave in my opinion.

Finally, Buck. Buck, Buck, Buck. Buck-ity Buck. Mmm... I say Regigigas. They both have a "Slow Start", Buck gets fired up before he sends his first pokémon out in a punch, while Regigigas pumps up his Attack and Speed for a blitzkrieg finish.

That's how I see them, anyway. And yeah, I do think Mutsumi's cool.

Lemonade
13th May 2009, 3:17 AM
Which legendary Pokemon do you think matches each Partner?

Mira: Cresselia
Buck: Groudon
Riley: Kyogre
Marley: Darkrai or Mewtwo
Cheryl: Celebi or Shaymin

Oh yes.