PDA

View Full Version : Organization?

Silver Manaphy
8th March 2009, 3:09 AM
In D/P many of us have massive amounts of pokemon, from chaining, breeding and battling, my question is how do you all keep your PC/Box organized (or not)

Yellow Aura
8th March 2009, 5:50 AM
I go though all the enviorments, name them that, and put the corrisponding Pokemon in. (Eggs go in the Pokemon Center)

Zhanton
8th March 2009, 10:51 AM
In Ruby, I organised the boxes according to types (ex. Normal gets one box, Fire gets one, etc) but that was annoying, and caused problems for pokemon with two types. In Diamond I currently have no organisation method.

I go though all the enviorments, name them that, and put the corrisponding Pokemon in. (Eggs go in the Pokemon Center)

However, I quite like Yellow Aura's thinking. =]

burgaz62
8th March 2009, 11:15 AM
I just chuck my pokemon in the first empty space i see. it's too hard oragnizing them.

Penguinist Trainer
8th March 2009, 11:20 AM
When I first start the game, I name the boxes for levels in increments of 10. So Lv. 1-10, Lv. 11-20, etc. etc. This way I know what level all my pokemon are at, and I train them all in increments of 10 so each one is getting progressively stronger.

Once my pokedex is nearly full, I then switch pokemon around and organize them according to pokedex number with a separate box for all my unown.

Silver Manaphy
8th March 2009, 2:13 PM
Cool. I personally don't, but I like yellowaura's thinking and find Penguinist Trainer's method interesting too

Anyone 4 Buttons?
8th March 2009, 2:18 PM
Apart from two 'Team' boxes, the rest of mine are just thrown in there. Occasionally, I transfer a load over to Ranch, to clear it up a little.

Thor's Beard
8th March 2009, 4:59 PM
On my Pearl I have them all organised in numerical order but that only leaves me with one and a half boxes spare... Which is a right pain!
I plan on trying something less space hungry when I finish my Diamond.

BunnieRabbot91
8th March 2009, 6:05 PM
My Pokémon are usually in the same place they were put when they were caught, unless I take them out or if I hatch them. But the majority of them are in My Pokémon Ranch now.

Drako
9th March 2009, 12:21 AM
From the days of G/S/C I always organized my boxes. It goes like this.

Box one is always the random encountered and caught pokemon.
Box two is water type pokemon.
The last Box is where my strong and trained pokemon are, where my evs are now.
The second to last is where all my legends go.
My third to last is where my eggs and egg pokemon go
and finally, (cause it's getting wierd), my fourth to last box contains all my flying type pokemon.

Poke Rock
9th March 2009, 12:26 AM
mine are numbered from1-493 and i have a lot more on ranch

shadowkami
9th March 2009, 2:33 PM
I organize my boxes by type. I used to have a "Legendaries" box but soon changed to Natures, for all my dittos for nature breeding.

diablo_200525
9th March 2009, 2:37 PM
Well what i have always id was organize them by levels. (Eg. Level 2-10 and make small gardual cahnges. 11-15 16-20, etc. till ive used up all the boxes. And if one box for some reason is empty. Then i use that as my "Willing to trade" box

Yonowaru in Chaos
9th March 2009, 2:37 PM
Same as Yellow Aura.

Though I set a few aside, one for Unown + Solrock and Lunatone, one for Legendaries, one for starters and Eeveelutions, one for 'evil' Pokemon and the rest split by habitat.

I think DP was better in this respect, since their bonus backgrounds were more different from each other (I tried it with Platinum, and the bonus backgrounds were too specific) :3

Mariku -- kitten
9th March 2009, 2:49 PM
I do it by type, and for Dual-Types, I just put them in the type-box that I prefer them in. I combine types in boxes, too. My Dragon and Steel boxes are one, and I'm thinking of combining my Dark into my Psychic/Ghost box.

Pamizard
9th March 2009, 4:57 PM
Well mine's out of order but i might well try to organize by level types. But i think its just going to be random

Damiean
9th March 2009, 8:49 PM
Well I have my first several boxes as "junk boxes" essentially for just pokemon I had or just decide to catch but never use. Then I have my "project box" for pokemon I may possibly use in the future but aren't ready right now. Then there is my "2nd string box" for pokemon I sub out for different situations, I have about 15 pokemon who I could plug into my rotating slot on my team the other 5 party slots are locked in with my best pokemon.

Umbreon-dana
9th March 2009, 9:33 PM
I actually finished cleaning out my PC recently.

First, I have just some basic Pokemon (Arbok, Togekiss, etc.), organized by gender then by National Dex Number.

Second, I have Pokemon from breeding projects, organized by order of breeding.

Third, next breeding projects, in no particular order.

Fourth, Commonly used Pokemon, like my Ditto, Smeargle, Magcargo, Parasect, Pachirisu, Meowth, Crobat, Vaporeon, and Steelix.

Fifth, I have old ingame Pokemon, like my Arcanine, Butterfree, Blastoise, Infernape, Roserade, etc.

Sixth, my legends, ordered by national dex number.

Seventh, Pokemon that I need to evolve or breed for the Pokedex, ordered by national dex number.

Eight, Pokemon I have received in trades. Ordered by, of course, dex number.

Ninth, Pokemon I am EVing or have been EVed. Ordered by EVed, then EVing, which are ordered by closeness to 510 EVs.

And Tenth, Event Pokemon and shinnies. There are no shinnies, currently, but the Event Pokemon are ordered by date received. Shinnies will be ordered by national dex number.

DemonLabRat
10th March 2009, 12:47 AM
Put simply, heres my organisation:
Box1: This is filled with baby starters, especially the 2nd gen ones. Box2: Pokemon I have caught around the level 40 area or are level 40 with good moves. Not properly organised. Box3: This old team thing I did based on types is here. Complete ruin.
Box4: Same as above. Box5: Filled with the lesser used pokemon, but resourceful. Box6: Legends and trained starters.
Box7: Level 100s in training. Box8: Level 100s, my fav. box. Box9: traded pokemon from online and bro. Box10: pokemon for trading.
...last four: Filled completely with eggs. I did this thing where I breeded all my pokemon to form an egg pick and mix trade thing, which took up thirty hours max (I have no idea why, just felt fun). First box also has 'pokemon ready for trade'.

Sapphire Phoenix
10th March 2009, 2:23 AM
1st Box: I put my strong pokemon, like my Lv. 100's that are EV'ed trained.

2nd Box: I put pokemon I need to train... they sit there for a while

3rd box and on: I put them in National 'Dex order. After the normal pokemon are seperated, I do the same for my shinies.

shiningsloth13
10th March 2009, 3:21 AM
I name them after the backgrounds (PLantBox, CaveBox, The Box, etc.), and place my Pokemon in the corresponding environment.

Sapphiredragon929
10th March 2009, 3:27 AM
By type, then I have my main battling box.

Zhanton
11th March 2009, 9:05 AM
I actually finished cleaning out my PC recently.

First, I have just some basic Pokemon (Arbok, Togekiss, etc.), organized by gender then by National Dex Number.

Second, I have Pokemon from breeding projects, organized by order of breeding.

Third, next breeding projects, in no particular order.

Fourth, Commonly used Pokemon, like my Ditto, Smeargle, Magcargo, Parasect, Pachirisu, Meowth, Crobat, Vaporeon, and Steelix.

Fifth, I have old ingame Pokemon, like my Arcanine, Butterfree, Blastoise, Infernape, Roserade, etc.

Sixth, my legends, ordered by national dex number.

Seventh, Pokemon that I need to evolve or breed for the Pokedex, ordered by national dex number.

Eight, Pokemon I have received in trades. Ordered by, of course, dex number.

Ninth, Pokemon I am EVing or have been EVed. Ordered by EVed, then EVing, which are ordered by closeness to 510 EVs.

And Tenth, Event Pokemon and shinnies. There are no shinnies, currently, but the Event Pokemon are ordered by date received. Shinnies will be ordered by national dex number.

Wow, that's organised! I need to clean up my PC soon. I started yesterday but then got bored and went hatching eggs, lol.

pokemaster001
11th March 2009, 10:51 PM
well, in pearl I have the standard box 1, box 2, etc. because I have very few pokemon, but once I get enough, like in diamond, I have my boxes in 20 level increments from 1-99 and a whole box for lvl. 100s (empty, along with 81-99) a box for traded pokemon, a box for my 3rd gen pokemon, an egg box, an unown box, and finally a whole box for my team! the rest are labeled EXTRA. and all of them are organised with the highest to lowest level of pokemon in them

foxyman1167
12th March 2009, 1:29 AM
Mainly in numerical order, and then I have seperate boxes for my teams, shinies, and breeding projects.

dragon-dark-master
12th March 2009, 1:41 AM
I organise like this:

Types grass, water etc, I put similar types into the one box eg - rock/ground

Then there is starters

Pokemon that I am going to EV train

Shinies (not many... :P )

Pokemon that are going onto my Pokemon Ranch

Pokemon that I am trafing on Serebii

The boxes get a bit mixed sometimes, but I try my best....

Angel Xtreme
15th March 2009, 2:21 AM
By Numerical Order in the first 13th boxes.
At the bottom of the 13th box I put Pokémon that I might trade.
The 14th box I used to put the Unown, but now that I transfered them to My Pokémon Ranch now I use that box for my Pokémon that I EV trained and aren't Lv. 100. When they reach to that level I put them in his numerical place.
All my EV Pokémon have a Heart Mark and the Trading Pokémon has a Star Mark in order to don't lose track of them.
If I have more than one of any kind of Pokémon and I'm not going to trade them, EV train them or use them for Breeding (Males with Egg Moves and Females with Good Nature), I transfer them to My Pokémon Ranch.

zlxq3000
15th March 2009, 2:33 AM
In Diamond, every box is numbered by Dex entry, ie. first box is 1-30, second box is 31-60, etc., all the way up to 481-493+ (+ being extras or something), then the last box is Special, which is where my party, HM slaves, and any special pokemon (like shinies) are kept.

I'm going to use Pearl to store alternate forms of pokemon since I've already almost completed the Pokedex in Diamond. There are boxes for alternate male/female forms of pokemon that I don't have, a box for Unown, another for Spinda, and others for things like shinies and things to breed (like Feebas).

Platinum is going to be where I store my competitive pokemon when it comes out.

So far, I've only done anything in Diamond, so I don't have the alt pokemon or a full Pokedex (although I'm only missing the ones only available in Pearl, Magmortar, and Mew, all of which I can get easily, and Arceus and Celebi, since Arceus hasn't been released yet and Celebi's almost impossible to obtain). But that's how I plan on using the three carts to do things. I'm very meticulous about these things, you see. XP

SychinLegacy
16th March 2009, 3:58 AM
Pokemon I caught during the game are kept in boxes 1,2 and 3. Legendaries, notables, and Pokemon I used on my team at various times are in boxes 14 and 13.

zlxq3000
16th March 2009, 6:47 PM
Heh, I went back to look at some of the other posts in here... I like that setup, Umbreon-dana. I'd probably do the same thing or something similar, except for the fact that I actually went and did breeding back in third-gen so that I have one of everything (ie. I have a Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur, not just a Venusaur, etc.), so all of my boxes got filled up pretty quickly after using the Pal Park. Hence why I'm using Pearl for extras, alternate forms, and what-have-you.

Blivsey
16th March 2009, 10:22 PM
I have four or so boxes at the front for trade-gotten Pokémon (woo Lottery), one of Legendaries, and one box where I keep my lv.100-trained monsters and my handful of shinies. The rest are strewn about pretty haphazardly in the next six or so boxes.

TR_Jessie
19th March 2009, 5:05 AM
I have my boxes organized by types, and when I have double-typed Pokemon, I just put them into whatever box has more space.

I also have two "party pokemon" boxes (most of the pokemon that I trained and also use the most), a "Legendary" box for my ubers and legendaries, and a "Give" box for pokemon I am saving for other people, extras, and my cool German Magikarp.

After boxing them, I put them in numerical order as well. (except for the give, party, and legendary boxes.)

Crystal Firestorm
19th March 2009, 8:43 PM
I decided to fix up my box system in Diamond. I have a box of pokemon that don't evolve, a couple of boxes of Basic pokemon, a couple of boxes for stage 1 pokemon and then a box of stage 2 pokemon. There are other boxes too, eggs, shinies (only 3 in it though), eeveelutions, my team for Platinum, starters, Unown and then Legendaries. It actually works quite well.

Kikas123
19th March 2009, 9:24 PM
I usually do it by Habitat, although Unowns and Shinnies get their own box, the "Trade Pending" Box and egg box are also excluded

Overheat Hothead
19th March 2009, 9:31 PM
1-10: Useless Pokemon, sorted by type.
11: Unown. I only have, like, three, but I think it might be fun to collect them all some day.
12: Empty
13: Pokemon I want to breed.
14: Pokemon who's IVs need to be checked.
15: Legendaries I want to keep.
16: Useless legendaries, mostly kept for trades.
17: Trained Pokemon and Pokemon I need to train.
18: Infernape for ingame battles, Smeargle for catching Pokemon, HM slaves, Eggs, Magcargo for egg hatching, Dittos for breeding, and shinies.

Ever since I got My Pokemon Ranch the useless Pokemon in 1-10 have been deposited there. Box one has since been used for shinies and Events (including Pokemon traded from Ranch).

POKEMASTERNATHAN
23rd March 2009, 3:20 AM
By National Dex #

Freedom
9th April 2009, 2:31 AM
I organize it by types, that's the best way to do it cos when you want a particular type, it's easy to find. Just like with my DVDs I organize it by genre so when I'm in the mood for a particular genre it's easy to find. The same goes with dual types, I just put them in the box which seems more that type like with Snover, it seems more like ice so I put it in that box even though it's grass-ice.

micro.Tank
14th April 2009, 7:03 AM
By rarity and region. I also keep a special box for the Pokemon I get from GTS that are Japanese. I like to collect them.

Mercutio
14th April 2009, 3:25 PM
I plan to use the system I had in the 3rd gen (haven't been going on D/P/Pt long enough to need it yet).

"Trade box" x1 for useless stuff like Catapie- used for trades with more valuable pokemon with friends who don't actually want anything back.

"Battle box" x However many I need to fit in my battlers- usually 3ish since I release ones I replace.

"Breed box" x Same again, but there's a lot of these boxes...

I usually have a spare box or two to hold things for people who are restarting the game. Also a box for Ubers since I do like an Uber battle now and again.

Beotium
16th April 2009, 8:29 AM
The only organization I make in every Version is to sort my Unowns alphabetwise..

Golden Pure
20th April 2009, 11:24 PM
Since I don't have many Pokemon in my Pearl version, I keep all of the ones I caught in the first box. I keep Pokemon that were traded to me from either the GTS or an in-game trainer in the second and third boxes. I traded a lot of junk over the GTS for more Trainer ID numbers and a better chance at the lotto, so..:p Pokemon I breed are kept in my further boxes, such as boxes six through ten. I bred both types of Shellos, Gastly, Chatot and Gibles a year or two ago, and I still have their eggs in separate boxes; the "parents" I used for breeding are also together in their own box.

In my Platinum, the Pokemon I've caught are in the first box, as well as the ones I received from in-game trades. I caught all the Unown, unlike in Pearl, so I have them separated and organized in Box two. The third box is just for any extra Pokemon I catch or receive through any sort of trade.

Zetta Awesome
21st April 2009, 4:23 AM
I organize my most of the boxes by type, well actually types that are close together in my opinion, I group together Grass/Bug, Ground/Rock/Steel and etc. I reserve a few boxes for trained pokemon, another for events/shiny pokemon, a box for normal legendary, my final few boxes I reserve for pokemon in training,eggs,dittos, and pokemon with good IV's

Profesco
23rd April 2009, 2:28 AM
During the play-through, I just let the boxes fill up as they will. I'll only keep a separate box for HM, Legendaries, and party Pokemon.

After everything's done and accounted for, I organize my boxes in various ways.

For example, in Diamond, the Pokemon in my PC are all either battle-ready or breeding paretns/children, so the boxes are organized based on team role (ex: Lead, Phys Atk, Spec Atk, Support, etc) with a handful set aside for parents and breeding results. I also keep two boxes for traded Pokemon, so that I can collect various ID numbers and try to win more Master Balls in the Lottery.

In Platinum, I plan on using the same format I used in Emerald, which happens in stages. In the first stage, all the Pokemon I train will be organized based on Battle Frontier facility use (ex: a box for Hall Pokemon, a box for Arcade Pokemon, etc). In the second stage, which comes after much time and hard work, my boxes will simply be numbered, and every Pokemon will be organized in numerical order, from Venusaur to Arceus (yeah, it's a long way from happening! =P).

Wolverine
23rd April 2009, 2:33 AM
My PC boxes are a disorganized mess, only coherent in terms of loose chronological order. Anything that doesn't fit goes on MPR, but I'm afraid to put legends and events on there, for some reason.

Britt
26th April 2009, 6:19 AM
Mine are organized by type, like Electric, Fire, etc,. And my first box I named "New PKMN", so that when I capture a new Pokemon and it's automatically added to my PC, it'll go there so I'll know which ones need sorted.

How are your boxes organized?

SofeeChu
26th April 2009, 6:26 AM
I haven't organised mine yet, although I have a few boxes named "breeding" from when I've bred pokemon.
Back in days of my Blue Version I had all my pokemon in numerical order lol

ungulateman
26th April 2009, 6:36 AM
My pogeymans are organised by type. Although I get a sneaking suspicion I missed a type....

Adeku
26th April 2009, 6:37 AM
I put my Ev trained pokes in A-B-C order lol. X)

Shadow Tepi 8
26th April 2009, 8:56 AM
Originally they were organised by type but now they are organised by region.

Alloute
26th April 2009, 8:58 AM
I don't organize mine, only in Pearl, I have 6 plus boxes of event Pokemon from Akiyama Slaking to WCS Milotic

Takaru
26th April 2009, 9:08 AM
I dont really orginize mine. I put legandarys in one box. Um my team in another for battleing. Then ummm just the rest in others

Illusione-Tempus
26th April 2009, 9:08 AM
Don't mind typing all 18 of them.

Mine?
Well most of them is weak
MainPoke, storing my daily pokemon used.
2 named Pichu, 3 named Pikachu, they store all my Pichus and Pikachus
Then... there's still a few more

Pokemon_Center
26th April 2009, 9:09 AM
Shouldnt this be in "My DP Games"?
Anyway, some mod will post,
"moving to My DP Games" soon. :l

My Boxes are organised like

"UBER" for legendary pokemon.
"AIR" for flying pokemon.
"LAND" for pokemon that move on ground.
"SEA" for water pokemon.
"CAVE" for pokemon that live in dark cave.
"FOREST" for bug pokemon.
"BABY" for hatched pokemon.
...many more.

[Ampharos]
26th April 2009, 9:11 AM
I did back in RSE, but then all the types got mixed up anyway, so I changed them all back.
Now I'll occasionally have one or two named boxes, but now it's all just by memory. I have my legend/event box, my random box, my Hatched box, and my box where I put my trainin pokemon.

Alloute
26th April 2009, 9:11 AM
I don't name mine, back in 06 I named some after Manene, Manyula, Bonsly, etc. rofl!!!

Lucazard
26th April 2009, 9:19 AM
I name mine by typer, fire, grass......

Lucazard
26th April 2009, 9:21 AM
Mine are organised by types, each box has a different type of pokemon.

Illusione-Tempus
26th April 2009, 9:24 AM
Mine are based on their uses.

zlxq3000
26th April 2009, 9:25 AM
This is already a thread in Polls, just so you know, so if this gets closed, that's why.

I organize mine depending on what version I'm playing:

Diamond: Numerically. My boxes are named 001-030, 031-060, etc, all the way up to 480-493+, with the last box being named SPECIAL for anything extra (ie. my party pokemon).

Pearl: Alternate forms & extras. The boxes in Pearl are set up to take in anything with multiple forms, or extras I may have. Boxes include those for alternate gender forms, Unown, Spinda (since I had a habit of collecting them in Hoenn for no real reason), shinies, and just multiples of pokemon.

Platinum: Battlers and breeders. This is where I store all of my main battling pokemon, as well as where I do my breeding.

zlxq3000
26th April 2009, 10:05 AM
I don't mind typing out all 18. ^_^

Diamond:
001-030, 031-060, 061-090, 091-120, 121-150, 151-180, 181-210, 211-240, 241-270, 271-300, 301-330, 331-360, 361-390, 391-420, 421-450, 451-480, 481-493+, Special

Pearl:
♂ 1, ♂ 2, ♀ 1, ♀ 2, Forms 1, Forms 2, Forms 3, Shiny 1, Shiny 2, Shiny 3, SPINDA 1, SPINDA 2, Extra 1, Extra 2, Extra 3, Extra 4, Extra 5, Special

Platinum:
Special, Breeders, (no names for the rest of 'em; possibly multiple Special boxes)

Illusione-Tempus
26th April 2009, 10:13 AM
Diamond:
001-030, 031-060, 061-090, 091-120, 121-150, 151-180, 181-210, 211-240, 241-270, 271-300, 301-330, 331-360, 361-390, 391-420, 421-450, 451-480, 481-493+, Special

Eh what? That's my bro's PC box name. He sorted it according to dex numbers too...

suicune lover
26th April 2009, 10:56 AM
Blarggh. I just do it to types and when I have no pokemon of a type I just put them in the 'Other' Box
And I have an Unknown box, all for the Unkonw

pika pika pikachu
26th April 2009, 11:05 AM
i sort mine out according to dex numbers.

Slowking[George]
26th April 2009, 11:54 AM
1-18 for me rofl

However in the future I would like to organise them in pokedex numbers, e.g.

Box 1: 1-30
Contains Bulbasaur-Nidorina

serebiifreak
26th April 2009, 4:10 PM
Mines are organized by types. One of them are called "Shiny" and I do have one. I migrated it from Emerald.

PurpleMew
26th April 2009, 4:23 PM
I organise mine by Type, Shiny and New Pokemon. And in the boxes I organise them in level from highest to lowest.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
26th April 2009, 4:41 PM
I generally don't organise, except for the last box is reserved for my team, or other special pokemon at the time (like HM slaves, pokemon I'm training) and the two boxes before that are reserved for event pokemon. I also have a box just for all my unown

In FR I organise them from numerical value, but due to migrations they are almost empty.

Too Funk to Druck
26th April 2009, 4:55 PM
In my Pearl, I have my boxes organised by type, with a box for Unowns and Legendaries. Sadly, it got ruined when I started breeding Pokemon. Now the boxes are overrun with Feebas, Arons, Ralts, and Eevees.

Munchy.42
26th April 2009, 4:56 PM
I have them organizied in Numerical order, so 1-30 all the way up to 480-493+. The + counts as the pokemon that have no where else to go in the PC. Then the last box i named Special which, at the moment, contains my shiny pokemon, a few pokemon with egg moves, the pokemon I use in the Battle Tower and the pokemon I'll trade over to Platinum when I get it.

pokemaster001
26th April 2009, 6:19 PM
This is already a thread in Polls, just so you know, so if this gets closed, that's why.
I was going to ask about that!
either way, levels with 19 level intervals (1-20, 21-30, etc.), an egg box, a level 100 box, a box for my team, a box for traded pokemon, a box for pal parked pokemon, a box for special pokemon, a shiny box, and extra boxes

Sharks Shouldn't Fly
26th April 2009, 9:26 PM
By types. I used to only use broad types, but then when my boxes started getting filled up, I split some into what I consider subtypes- Ice, Poison, Fighting...
Also I have a box for my favorites, eggs, and legendaries.

BynineB
26th April 2009, 9:36 PM
I have junk boxes, for, well, junk.
I have an egg box, for... guess.
I have a 'training box' for pokemon I need to train.
And, finally, a 'trained' box, for Pokemon I use competitavely.

zlxq3000
26th April 2009, 9:44 PM
Eh what? That's my bro's PC box name. He sorted it according to dex numbers too...

Well it's just a good way to store them, especially when you have one of everything (ie. a Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur, but for everything).

Queen_Lugia
26th April 2009, 10:39 PM
I name all the boxes in DPPt the same way: Boxes I-XVI, Egg Box, and TradeBox. Boxes I-XVI are normal storage, Egg Box is for Pokeggs and In-game Egg Pokes (like ;175; in Plat), and TradeBox is for the Pokemon I put up for trade on the GTS (Usually ;408; or ;410; depending on version, and bred Pokes).

sweet_piplup123
27th April 2009, 3:59 AM
I keep my Pokemon in types, and leave out one box for unowns ;)

PocketmonMaster
27th April 2009, 4:03 AM
Like essentially everyone, I have a box for all of my Unown, decent Pokemon and shinies.

The rest are just... Blarggh.

MadMoose
27th April 2009, 5:16 AM
Only about half of my boxes are organized.
1 box for my high level PKMN.
4 boxes are full of starters with one box per region.
1 box is for eggs and extra starters.
1 box is for Unown.
1 box is for legendaries.
And the rest are just miscellaneous pokés.

furrett
27th April 2009, 10:48 PM
12 of my boxes are for habitats, like cave, fields, forest.
1 box is for the team im EV training/trained
1 box is for random pokemon that don't fit into any catagory.
1 box is for legendaries.
1 box is for shineys.
1 box is for unown.
the last one is for pokemon that i got from a fossil.

I might re orginaize soon.

Alloute
27th April 2009, 10:51 PM
OMG!

Ok, I have every box in Diamond full, I have all the Pokemon.
In Pearl I have 6 boxes of shinies and event Pokemon plus my others.
In Platinum I have just boxes of normal Pokemon with no organization.
I have every box in Jap Diamond filled with more shinies and events.

Zain
27th April 2009, 11:34 PM
Well, i make special kinds of sections: GoodPoke, Fossils, Legends, Eggmove, EV'd, Shiny, Kanto (starter breeds), Jhoto (starter breeds), Hoenn (starter breeds), Sinnoh (starter breeds), Events, etc..

Yellow Torterra
28th April 2009, 4:12 AM
I orrganise them by type, the ones with dual type are in the box of the type they resemble the most. Example: Latios in the Flying one instead of psychic.
Each Type is arranged by level, the highest ones go first.
A separate box for Unowns and another one for pokemon I need to transfer to Platinum

ArmorAndonomon
28th April 2009, 2:47 PM
Types (EV trained Pokes are star'd, ones to be trained are given a square symbol), a separate box for Legends, a box for ones I'm Trading, one for my online gym/competitive team(s), then the rest for overspill/eggs.

brandyjay
28th April 2009, 2:59 PM
Boxed by my use of them, I have a box for; To evolve, to breed, to train, to trade, team, legendaries, shinies. As some of these have lots of pokes they take up 2 boxes. In the boxes they are sorted in scending order and in the case of same levels it is then done by HP and then by total stats. I use the symbols for pokes with EV's of 30+ and each symbol represents a stat. That is how I do it now but I used to sort by type but I scrapped that as I like this form of organisation better.

Sonic TH
28th April 2009, 4:31 PM
I put all my good Pokemon in one box, my Pokemon I used in story mode in another box and Eggs in another box. The rest I dont organise

kabutopsfromhell
7th May 2009, 12:39 AM
I used to do it by type, but I switched to numerical/family (so Pichu would go before Pikachu, Bellossom after Vileplume, etc...). I just found it so much more manageable

Hibachi
7th May 2009, 12:47 AM
I organize by type, and have one box for unowns.

Kalot3000
7th May 2009, 2:58 AM
I have a living dex in Diamond, so they're organized by nimber. In Platinum I'm just catching everything at random, so I have lots of Pokémon to trade with Diamond

ccangelopearl1362
8th May 2009, 7:07 AM
Organizing Pokémon boxes, are we? I'll say that my Pokémon Pearl Pokémon are grouped according to environments, such as the forest, the mountain, the field, the desert, and the cavern. To be sure, the Pokémon I've used against the Sinnoh Elite Four have boxes of their own... leaving a single box that I haven't figured out what to do with just yet.

Cruisercard
8th May 2009, 10:35 AM
If i get bored I organise them into types.

Sir Marly
10th May 2009, 12:39 PM
Mine are types.
Then levels.
Unknows have their own box. :c

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
20th May 2009, 11:10 PM
Box for shinies, One for legends, 5 for eggs to be hatched and the rest are randomly thrown in the others.

kavot
21st May 2009, 12:47 AM
I usually don't organize my boxes at all. Just catch 'em and plop 'em in there.
One time, though I was REALLY bored so I organized all my pokemon in rainbow order.
It was amazing xD

Wabby
23rd May 2009, 12:55 PM
I used to organize them by types, but then I decided to organize Diamond by levels; 1-10, 11-20 etc. The rest of the boxes are something like "Egg" "Unown" and "Legend" (All legendaries and other important pokémon). I also have two boxes for pokémon I'm gonna evolve with Exp.Share.

TSL
23rd May 2009, 9:45 PM
Legends in one box, EV'd lvl 100s in one box, shiny collection/repeats of legends in one box, a "to train" box for ev'd pokemon that still need to get to lvl 100.

Then all the other boxes are filled with random stuff. Took me a good 30 minutes to organize all the boxes

TurtwigFan1
23rd May 2009, 10:06 PM
I have my Unown in one box, and I generally organise my boxes in any random order. I just dump them anywhere but I keep my teams in one box.

ayeeprill
26th May 2009, 9:58 AM
Mine are organized by type, two boxes for water, and then I have a box for pokemon that I actually use, which usually only has two in it.

pirate555
26th May 2009, 12:26 PM
I usually leave one box aside for eevees and their evolutions, just because of a slight fanaticism there....as well as an egg box. Otherwise, I'm switching and swapping so regularly that it's not worth the effort.

-Well, that, and also that I'm not organised in real life either, so transferring such a skill to a game becomes all the more difficult!

Pirate

Screeling
25th June 2009, 11:29 PM
I just kinda throw them all in and then shake the boxes till i think it's rattle enough. Then I never look at it till I absolutely have to.

mitchiscool~
25th June 2009, 11:31 PM
I put them anywhere, since I hardly ever change my team anyways.

Pokefan0234
25th June 2009, 11:42 PM
I organize them by what Pokemon they are (ex. legends, random Pokemon, my favorites,) and then put then in order by level, species number, gender, and moves, in that order. I also order my Pokemon's moves by base power, then base accuracy.

My games are very organized. ;)

Pucca_ness
28th June 2009, 9:16 PM
I have them in numerical order, then i put spares in the last box and my extra box. my team goes in my extra box when i'm not using some of them.

powerprotector
28th June 2009, 9:42 PM
I have legendary,egg,unown,pidgy(idk why),BF team,and other boxes.

Erienne
28th June 2009, 9:46 PM
I used to have them organized, but I said screw it, and now I have three boxes for normal Pokemon, 1 for Legendaries and Rares, and 1 for Trade Bait.

Thunderstarry
28th June 2009, 9:47 PM
I name the boxes by type (with some types sharing a box, eg. Ghost and Dark) with a seperate box for my Unown alphabet. I used to organise the pokémon in alphabetical order in each box, but I stopped doing that fairly recently because it wastoo much of a pain to move 10 pokémon around after catching a new one. Plus I was worried I was getting a little obsessive over my level of organisation. ^^;

TraverseTown
29th June 2009, 3:25 AM
My Pokemon Ranch auto organizes, so mine are in Pokedex Order, since I'm trying to create a living Pokedex.

Miles "Tails" Prower
29th June 2009, 3:43 AM
I never organized in Gen's 1 or 2, but starting with Gen 3, I think I became obsessive compulsive with organizing. I named the boxes based on types *Doubling up* and some 'Special' boxes like "Legends" " Main" *For my original team, and other close Pokemon* "Eggs" "GTSBait" and "Couples" *Consisting of numerically organized groups of Pokemon that correspond with each-other. *Plusle-Minun etc*
In fact, I didn't even know there was a 'Move' PC option in Gen 2.
Though I don't usually organize boxes until after the E4, because I have alot of Pokemon after that.

The_Vorpal_Tom
3rd July 2009, 2:17 AM
Um... I organize by gen, and through that, by status of evolution, 3 for each land.

Kanto 1 - First evolution, doesn't need to be evolved, usually I already evolved a copy.
Kanto 2 - Pokemon that don't evolve in that set.
Kanto 3 - Fully evolved pokemon from that set.
And so on down the line, then I have a box of legends, in which for some reason I keep fossils and my only shiny as well. Then I have a box of pokemon that bred with my ditto next to their eggs, (mostly dominated by 3 rows of evee eggs) and a box of pokemon I intend to breed with ditto. Also, a box of pokemon whom need the EXP. Share and a few E4 runs to evolve. Then a box of pokemon I need to trade to evolve... and an empty box.

Yay!

PKMN Legend Anthony
3rd July 2009, 12:01 PM
Types. was thinking of ordering them in numerical order. but may be hard if i have more than 1 of 1 pokemon. So will most likely stick with typing.

Volt of Noid
4th July 2009, 3:47 AM
I do mine like this.

Lv 1-20
Lv 20-40
Lv 40-60
Lv 60-80
Lv 80-100
Eggs
Unown
Trading Box1
Trading Box2
ID No. Box
Legendary Box

Nny
6th July 2009, 9:39 PM
Numerical... yeah I'm pathetic.

;129;

Claddagh
6th July 2009, 10:32 PM
I have six "level" boxes (10s, 20s, and so on until the last box, 60+).

Then my other boxes are as follows:
Teams (where the already-EVed Pokemon I use to battle are kept)
Legend (self-explanatory)
EV Train (Pokemon I'm currently EVing)
Dams (Female pokemon, for breeding. I've grown up around animal breeders so the terminology seeps in)
Sires (Male pokemon, for egg move breeding.)
Hatchery (For eggs)
Nursery 1 and 2 (for extra baby Pokemon with good natures)
NFE (For pokemon I still need to evolve)
Ditto (My boxful of dittos of different natures and IVs, for breeding).

After that, there are a couple extra boxes left over where I throw extra and junk Pokemon to use for trades. It's helped me out IMMENSELY with organization.

WynautQueen
8th July 2009, 12:01 AM
I keep telling myself I will someday, but I never get around to it. But most of my shinies are consolidated over two boxes together.

Lauzi
8th July 2009, 11:08 AM
I used to keep my boxes organised in Emerald, but once I got Pearl and migrated all my 3rd gen pokemon, my boxes became too full, so there wasn't much point in organizing them. The only box I do organize is my "Lv. 100" box, which I keep all my Lv. 100 Pokemon in obviously, so I don't have to go hunting for them when I'm preparing for a wifi battle. :L

AlCario
8th July 2009, 11:12 AM
I sort my boxes by type, but I also have an "eggs" box, a "to sort" box (for trained pokemon, Lv 100s, pokemon that have yet to be sorted, etc) and a "to trade" box.

Calm PokeMaster
9th July 2009, 4:12 PM
I organize them according to type and Ev trained ones.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku
19th July 2009, 10:19 AM
I use a rather nice Organization of my Pokemans. I organize every single one by type. There is a Water, Fire, Flying, Fighting, Psychic, Bug, Grass, Electric, Normal, and Ice box. When I get a Pokemon, it goes in it's certain box. It makes it easier that way, so I know where every one is if I need it.

For later in the game, like in my Emerald game, I'm going to begin to trade my Pokemon from Emerald to Platinum, and sort them all out numerically. I'm not going to sort them out yet because I waited until I got to the Battle Frontier in Emerald to sort them out by number, and Platinum is no exception.

razor fire
19th July 2009, 4:50 PM
I sort them like this:
Team
Wi-Fi
Egg
Battle Tower
EV (going to ev train)
Shiny
GTS
Ubers
Others.

Shiny_Scizor
19th July 2009, 5:07 PM
i use types, and if one has dual type i use the first listed type. i also have a seperate box for eggs, unknown, and the eevee i breed.

Grei
19th July 2009, 6:23 PM
At this point, organizing would be a total pain in the ***. I have, like, 10+ boxes filled with random Pokemon I've caught, hatched, or traded, and there's no way I can sort them now.

However, I do have four boxes that have designated places. One was for my Pokemon I'd be transferring to Platinum (but never did),

one was called the 'Egg Dump' (now 'Nursery'), which is almost completely full of Chimchar, Turtwig, Piplup, Riolu, and Bulbasaur eggs that I obtained as I tried to prepare for Platinum (the ones with less-than-favorable natures),

one is for my Pokemon that I've used on my team (for a considerable amount of time), but have stopped using, which I have named 'Retirees',

and finally, a box for my Legendary Pokemon, titled 'Legends'. Otherwise, all of my Pokemon go in random boxes depending on when I get them.

Maru90
19th July 2009, 6:29 PM
Final evolutions and Pokemon that don't evolve go one after the other starting from the first box (currently takes 3 boxes)
All my legendaries are currently in the 4th box.
The Pokemon I use most, or the Pokemon I want to start using are in the 5th box.
The 6th box has the Pokemon that need to evolve (then they go with the final evolutions)
That's it, I think.

COKTAL
19th July 2009, 6:37 PM
Most of mine are just random boxes. I've got 2 boxes for shiny's i've caught, 2 boxs for competitive breeds/EVed. I've got a box for the Unknowns, but I'm going to finish that soon so I can release them all. I just want them for the seals.

dawsoc
20th July 2009, 12:16 AM
I tried organizing them,but it takes to long,so i just put them in until a box fills up.

Kiruria
23rd July 2009, 9:38 AM
In Diamond I have LOTS of Pokemon, so organisation is crucial: (each asterisk is a box)

*My "top battlers", who function as an extended "team". There are about 40 of those Pokemon in total, so actually I need two boxes for this.
*Pokemon who used to be on my training list, but I stopped training them because I didn't think they made good battlers.
*Top battler Pokemon that aren't in the Sinnoh Dex
*Pokemon who are neither top battlers nor are in the Sinnoh Dex
*Miscellaneous Pokemon (these were mostly captured for the purposes of showing them to Solaceon's news centre) below level 20
*Same as above except at or above level 20
*HM slaves, Pickup slaves, False-Swiping Sneasel, and shinies (this box is called "Special")
*Unown box (contains all 28 Unowns)
*Baby Pokemon (as in level 1's hatched from eggs)
*Spiritomb box (eggs and babies)
*Feebas box (eggs and babies)
*Miscellaneous eggs
*And a box full of baby Aipom and Pachirisu. Some of them can be Pickup slaves, but this box is mostly there for aesthetic purposes (I even arranged them in a pattern)

If you're wondering why I have a Spiritomb box and a Feebas box, those two Pokemon are my favourites to trade over the GTS, so I like to keep a good supply of them.

Polar Rodders
23rd July 2009, 1:29 PM
On diamond, i kept 1 of every pokemon and organized them in nation dex number and had ne box free to put whatever.On my pearl i kept everything else, shinies, events special poke's...
This is all past tense now though coz i'm starting my games again [see sig]. I'll probo organize them again in the same way though

Bestemnx
27th July 2009, 8:25 AM
My boxes are organized by (in Diamond):
-two boxes for each level groups. (1-20)(21-30)(31-40)(41-60)
-Team 1 (high level pokemon that I use a lot)
-Team 2 (low level pokemon that I'm training to become teams)
-Breed (pokemon needed to breed)
-Train (misc. pokemon that need to evolve for the dex)
-HM (HM slaves and random pokemon that I'm too lazy to organize)
-EV Stones (And pokemon needed to evolve with EV stones. Right Now filled with a bunch of Clefairy because I try to catch at least 5 a day so I can get some moon stones)

That's the most organized I've ever been with my PC Boxes. D:

Klozo
28th July 2009, 1:41 AM
*Two boxes for all of my legendaries
*One for Pokemon with different ID numbers than my own
*One for Dittos
*One for Unowns
*One for shinies
*One for Pokemon raised for competitive battling (labeled "PVP)
*One for Pokemon I used to train but don't anymore (labeled "RETIRED")
*One for all the Pokemon with useful abilities, such as Magcargo, Linoone, Banette, Butterfree (labeled "UTILITY")
*One for lv 1 baby Pokemon with checked IVs, that would become good battlers after being raised but I already have one of their kind trained (labeled "LOBBY")
*An empty box for keeping currently bred/chained Pokemon
And the rest is filled with random Pokemon collected on my way to the completion of the National Dex.

Orangefeather
28th July 2009, 1:51 AM
One of my main pokemon, like my starter, a ditto, hm slaves
2-3 boxes per generation of various pokemon, collected while finishing my national dex
One box of shinies
One for a few events
One for legendaries
One for EV trained pokemon
One for dittos

Zetta Awesome
7th August 2009, 6:20 PM
I reorganized recently

Box 1-9: All Pokemon in National Dex order by last evolution. Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Butterfree, etc.
Box 10-11: Pokemon I use on my teams, first row is the team I beat the game with. EV Trained Pokemon take up the rest of the box
Box 12-13:Breeding Box- Nature Synchronizers, Dittos, egg move Pokemon
Box 14-15:Random Boxes
Box 16-18:Shiny Pokemon, EV Trained Shiny Pokemon, Event Pokemon

foxyman1167
7th August 2009, 6:36 PM
My boxes are organized in order like the National PokeDex.

Sir-Aero
7th August 2009, 6:47 PM
I Organize my boxes by region. (Kanto,Johto,Hoenn,Sinnoh)

frozenthunder
7th August 2009, 8:42 PM
i separat hem by type but some boxes get two types that way s till have space for others in my like 3 extra boxes for random pokemon i caught
box organization:
grass/bug
fire
water
eletric/steel
normal
ice/fighting
dragon/flying
pioson/ghost
psychic/dark
rock/ground
party
legendz1
legendz2
the others i dont name

Torpoleon
9th August 2009, 8:04 PM
In Platinum, I have boxes for Evolved (or at least ones that I wont need for evolving further) Pokemon, NotEvoed ones, Legends and Starters. I think this is organized.

Ohshi
9th August 2009, 8:09 PM
First couple of boxes are just kept at their defaults because they contain the Pokemon I caught when I first played through out the game and they never see the light of day.
I have boxes named "Gamecube", "Emerald", "Firered", and "Wii" because they contain Pokemon I got from the respective games and from PBR and Ranch.
I have an Unown box and a "Legends" box.
I have a "Traded" box with Pokemon from my friends and GTS.
And two boxes containing my teams and favorites, the Pokemon I actually use.

Elementman-Novapoke
9th August 2009, 8:15 PM
I used to do no order.

Then, it was mostly random, with a box for my team, one for shinies (all two of them) and one for legendaries.

Now, I organise them in National Dex order, because I'm trying to complete the nat. dex, and I find this helpful. I still have an extra box; that's for Team and Shinies.

SladeJT
9th August 2009, 9:34 PM
Box 1: Single-Form / Legendaries
Box 3: Base Stage
Box 5: Second Stage
Box 7: Final Stage
Box 9: Babies
Box 10: Unown
Box 11: Unown

Within the boxes (Unown Excluded), they're sorted from Highest Level to Lowest and (if there's enough of them) by primary Element. The Unown are just sorted alphabetically. If there's too many of any Box for that Box, I put them in the nearest empty Box.

TheLeviathan
9th August 2009, 9:43 PM
I have a team box, for all of my mains, of course.

I have multiple (4 or 5) breeding boxes.

I have a box for shinies.

And a box for trading.

The rest are just for general storage.

vampirelazarus
9th August 2009, 10:00 PM
i used to organize by type... on diamond sapphire and firered... but now im not worrying about organizing until i have the national dex completed... almost there...

now i have a box for my teams and favorites... and thats it mostly...

Electric Soldier Porygon
9th August 2009, 11:37 PM
i organize them by type

Ends With A Bang
9th August 2009, 11:49 PM
In Ruby, I organized them by type...which didn't work so well.

In Diamond, they are arranged by level.

Red Charizard
10th August 2009, 12:07 AM

Heh, That's a pretty smart idea!

I usually box mine by type.

coolespeon
10th August 2009, 12:08 AM
When I´m a little picky when organizing, so one day, I organized them by color, and it looked very nice. Some other times I organize the box by pokemon type, or national dex number.

cptmyname
10th August 2009, 12:15 AM
I filling my ENTIRE pc with every pokemon in dex order, which, unfortuanetly will leave me with a box and a half of space -.-, the only reason i'mdoing that is that told myself i would.
right now i'm full all the way up to pupitar, except i'm missing a legit mew and an entei alltogether...

I organize my boxes by type. I used to have a "Legendaries" box but soon changed to Natures, for all my dittos for nature breeding.
great idea, i'm going to do that,
i'm going to use my free box for that and just stick my team in the half box
gawd soo little room >.<

Crazy Chaos
12th August 2009, 3:33 PM
Well...I have my First Box with my Basic Team pokemon and some that I am training, when I go to the boxes to the left of it, I get immediately to all of my Precious Legendaries, Events, and whatnot. And to the Right I have somem more pokemon I'm looking into training and the farther to the right it will become just my random pokemon from breeding and trying to catch all of them...so really I just organize them by most often trained/battled/used/whatever

magrathean
12th August 2009, 3:49 PM
I organize by primary type, then inside the boxes, order them by level (highest to lowest). If any Pokemon are the same level, then I order those alphabetically.

zlxq3000
12th August 2009, 4:53 PM
I filling my ENTIRE pc with every pokemon in dex order, which, unfortuanetly will leave me with a box and a half of space -.-, the only reason i'mdoing that is that told myself i would.
right now i'm full all the way up to pupitar, except i'm missing a legit mew and an entei alltogether...

Heh, I've done that; I'm only missing Celebi and Arceus. :P
My last box in Diamond (which is where all these pokemon are) holds my main team, my HM slaves, the Tyranitar from Pokemon Colosseum (since it was hard to get), a couple of Dittos, a Magikarp, and a few Abras and a Ralts (the Magikarp and psychic-types are for Ditto catching; the psychics have the ability Synchronize, so I can send them in to get same-typed Dittos, then switch with the Magikarp so that the Ditto transforms into Magikarp, which makes it incredibly easy to capture).

It helps if you have both (or even all three) Gen IV games (which I do); I'm currently playing a bit through Pearl, using the boxes for forms of pokemon I don't currently have. I have two boxes to hold all of the pokemon whose male forms I don't have in Diamond, two boxes for females, a box for pokemon with alternate forms (the Shellos family, Wormadam, and Deoxys; I've only got a blue Shellos, a blue Gastrodon, and a female Burmy in there), a whole box of Unown, three boxes for shiny pokemon (only a Minun and Bidoof in there), and the rest are for extra pokemon (except for the last box, which is where I keep my main team and HM slaves for Pearl, as well as pokemon I need to level up, trade, or breed to get the correct alternate gender form of their species).

When I get around to playing Platinum, I'm going to use it primarily for pokemon that I've used throughout my career as a trainer. Meaning it'll eventually hold all of the main team members of my games in FireRed, Emerald, Diamond, and maybe Pearl... and probably also Sapphire, after I replay it and use the pokemon I get in it to take on the Hoenn Battle Frontier...

Loupgarou
13th August 2009, 8:01 AM
Platinum is my first "organized" game, and I'm still working on it.
Box 1: Physical/mostly physical LVL 100s.
Box 2: Special variant of Box 1.
Box 3: Mixed variant of Box 1.
Box 4: Tanks/Disruptors/anything else variant of Box 1.
Box 5-6: Blank for overflow
Box 7: IV Breeding Parents
Box 8: IV/Nature breeding Ditto
Box 9: Chaining Needs (Synchronize, Soundproof, Damp)
Box 10-11: Extra Chain Shinies
Box 12: Events for trade/Shinies in reserve
Box 13: Random stuff for multi-trades
Box 14: HMs from ingame team + Box 13
Remaining boxes: Unused, for now. Occasionally hold Eggs or overflow shinies.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku
13th August 2009, 11:58 AM
My Organization method is always going to be the same: National Dex. Whenever I get a new Pokemon, I immediately put it in the box where it's number is located. In my old games, it was by type, but that was because I didn't have enough to sort them out numerically.

Tenilius
13th August 2009, 12:08 PM
I order mine by Pok&#233;dex number, so Box 1 = 001-030, Box 2 = 031-060, etc.
While traveling through the storyline I just leave them in there since I won't be catching many and it would be harder to find my team.

SilverLanayru
19th August 2009, 4:23 PM
In my Diamond version, I organized my Pokemon by Pokemon types first... and then for each type, I place them in numerical order of the National Pokedex. In Platinum, I haven't been catching much Pokemon atm so it's a little disorganized. The least to say in both versions, I keep a few boxes separate for my EV trained Pokemon as well as other Pokemon I just decide to trade off if I need a friend to help me with the Diamond to Platinum Pokemon transfers.

AzulTheCerulean20
13th September 2009, 11:28 AM
I kinda like to have a theme behind my Boxes.

Box 1: References - Basically any Pokemon that are a reference to something else go in here, eg. Mewtwo & Ninetales = Frieza & Naruto respectively

Box 2: Legends - Legendaries go in here, eg. Raikou, Articuno & Regis

Box 3: Unown - Simple, all 28 Unown go in here;201-m;

Box 4: WoMD - Simply Weapons of Mass Destruction, Pokemon like my Uber Dunsparce, Lvl100 Swift Swim, Focus Band, Flail Magikarp & FEAR Rattata belong here.

Box 5: Babies - Basically all Baby Pokemon eg: Munchlax, Cleffa & Togepi;munchlax;

Box 6: Unique - All Rare & Unique Pokemon ( not including legendaries ) go in here eg: Shedinja, Smeargle & Ditto;292;

Box 7: Shinies - All shinies go here

Box 8: In-Game Trades - All In-Game traded pokemon go here

Box 9: Evolution - All pokemon who evolved by means other then level up go here eg: Raichu, Flareon & Gengar;026;

Rest are of pokemon I haven't sorted yet.

MissFrederick
13th September 2009, 2:49 PM
I organise my boxes like this.

Main: My main Pokemon I always use.
Trades: Pokemon I recieved in trades.
National: Pokemon I got through radar, or just found after getting the National Dex.
Sinnoh 1 and Sinnoh 2: Just pokemon I had found while I had the Sinnoh Dex.
Unown: All the Unown.
Out-Going: Pokemon I hope to trade for others.
Outg-2: Just the second box for outgoing pokemon.
Baby: Baby pokemon and eggs.
Shinies: Just for shiny pokemon I find (it's empty v.v)

Photography93
13th September 2009, 4:43 PM
Normal - Normal and Fightng pokemon... and Dragon if there's no other type to go with it...
Fire - Fire...
Water - Water and Ice
Grass - Grass and Bug
Electric - Zappity pokemon :P and sometimes Steel
Psychic - Psychic and Ghost
Dark - Self explanatory
Rock - Rock, Ground and sometimes Steel
Poison - Poison
Shinies
Lv 100s
Lv 50 +
Legends
Unown

siburke939
13th September 2009, 5:10 PM
my boxes are named as follows:

new pkmn
001-030
031-060
~etc~
450-480
481-493...

i'd like to have more space though :(

Shine
22nd September 2009, 7:06 PM
My box organization in my Plat depends on the box's background:

Box 1 : All Unowns, along with Dialga & Palkia (Giratina is in my team :p). Cave background.
Box 2-5 : All Pokemon that are suitable for Forest environment. This includes Ghost-Types and Dark-Types.
Box 6-8 : All aquatic Pokemon. River background.
Box 9 : All Pokemon that are suitable for Sky environment. Mostly Flying-Types, Levitators, and small or lightweight Pokemon.
Box 10 : All Pokemon that are suitable for Savanna environment. Mostly Normal-Types and Rock-Types.
Box 11-12 : All Pokemon that are suitable for Beach enviroment. Mostly Ground-Types and Fire-Types. Pelipper, Clamperl, Kingler, Quagsire, and Gastrodon are in here too, since they fit the Beach theme.

To be honest, I can have a complete Dex but still have at least 2 empty boxes...not sure why some people say they don't have enough space.

GreenEspeon
22nd September 2009, 7:55 PM
I keep my boxes organized by types.

Box 1 ~ Water/Ice
Box 2 ~ Dragons
Box 3 ~ Flying
Box 4 ~ Rock/Ground
Box 5 ~ Grass
Box 6 ~ Dark
Box 7 ~ Psychic
Box 8 ~ Fighting
Box 9 ~ Electric
Box 10 ~ Normal
Box 11 ~ Bug
Box 12 ~ Fire
Box 13~ Ghost
Box 14 ~ Steel
Box 15 ~ Poison

silver_phoenix
25th September 2009, 4:39 PM
I also have my boxes set out in types. I've been doing it since Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire came out. Doing so definetely helps you find your pokemon faster, and keep them organized. it's also kind of fun to fill all the boxes up, just so you can trade the extra ones off to people who need the extra pokemon.

Ash^_^
25th September 2009, 4:54 PM
I organize them according to their types.

Paddypower
27th September 2009, 4:08 PM
I don't really organise most of them. However my last box is called the "Superbox", and I put all my legendaries in there, and my shiny Staravia which I have for the sole reason of it's shininess. My second to last in the Unowns. In order. Apart from that, they're just in any order.

GolemGuy
27th September 2009, 4:32 PM
My box used to be superorginized in Diamond, with a box for every 10 levels, a box for Pokemon I used, and a box for eggs.

Then everything combustified.

Fourtunately, I then got Platinum then, and my box is organized there under the same system, but there's another box for legends.

Birds of Paradise
30th September 2009, 8:19 PM
Well, usually about half of my boxes are organized based on type (those that I tend to have the most of). Usually those are normal, water, flying, grass/poison, rock/ground, etc. Then I have boxes like legends, event pokemon, shinies (usually reserve 2 boxes for these, most recieved from trades), a team box for my battle team, a box for pokemon recieved from trades, and sometimes a lvl 100 box if I have enough pokemon for that.

Wigglytuff FTW!
2nd October 2009, 1:13 AM
I've organized my boxes by type in every game except Pt., well, in Pt., the only organization I have is seperating legendaries, special babies with spevial moves, and eggs I'll be trading to HG.
But I might steal coolespeon's idea and try to organize by color... meh, I'll figure it out.

GIR7590
2nd October 2009, 2:12 AM
I sorta organize them... I have two boxes for my main Pokemon, one for all the special ones, one that I'll trade to SS when I buy it and one for the Unown letters, and the rest are just stashed in random locations.

foxyman1167
2nd October 2009, 11:28 PM
Lets see on my current Platinum file, I have them in different boxes for different regions, but only fully evolved.

LadyMiir
10th October 2009, 6:47 PM
I sort by levels for boxes 1-6, 7 is for my Legendaries/events, 8, 9, and 17 (don't ask) are for normal Pokemon received in trades, 10 and 11 are those up for trade, 12 is starter Pokemon; 13 is Eevolutions/Eevees in general; 14 is GTS Pokemon; 15 is for those Pokemon I have already bred for trades and set aside as "reserved", 16 is spillover, and 18 is my "fighters".

Dehydrated
10th October 2009, 6:52 PM
I organize it all by type. That way if I want a Water Pokemon, I go to the Water box.

Xylon Uxkid
10th October 2009, 11:03 PM
I always keep my favs on the last boxes (17-18) and the others in random boxes.

blaziken#1
12th October 2009, 11:07 PM
type. pair up grass/bug rock/ground ghost/dark if it 2 types then whatever i want it in
once in the right box then do it by lv
sometimes i need 2 boxes for water and grass/bug

Uber-Rocky
12th October 2009, 11:39 PM
I organize via National Dex. I only have the final evolved forms of pokemon, so i have so many boxes like 1-50, 51-100, 101-151...etc. Then I have a 'battle' box with my team pokemon, shiny box, ingame pokemon box, trading box

kiwi-kauri-kid
23rd December 2010, 6:06 AM
BOXES 1-5...
These boxes are in regional order, holding- not surprisingly- tgeir regional Pokemon, in Pokedex order.
The box wallpapers are kind of coordinated to the region kandscape, too- Kanto is grassy, Hoenn is underwater, Sinnoh is snow (because of the mixed enviroment, and I prefer the snow to the others) and Johto is simple, because I haven't played through there yet.
5 boxes= too many Kanto Pokemon.

BOXES 6/7...
After recieving *coughstealingcough* Pokerus from a friend last night, box 6 is now allocated all my Pokerus'd Pokemon, excluding legendaries/my team. There's currently about 5 of them in there.
Box 7 is my 'Tradeable' Pokemon- Pokemon that I have more than one of *looks at Eevee* or my friends have requested (IE Ditto).

BOXES 16, 17, 18...
Box 18 is full of Unown, which are simply ordered alphabetically, box 17 holds 'Others', which are legendaries (in the order that I captured them) and my team/pending team.
Box 16 is for Pokemon Eggs, which is normally rather full due to my mates and I spamming te Egg Spin function of Platinum.

chimecho_guy
6th February 2011, 2:20 AM
I organize by type!

Byzantine
6th February 2011, 4:17 AM
I put the ones I use in two boxes, shove the rest into like 5 or 6 boxes, put shinies in 2 boxes, legends in 1 and ditto in 1 (The legends overflowed into the ditto recently).

I used to organize them by type... Then I ran out of boxes.

Agonist
6th February 2011, 5:25 AM
i have 5-6 boxes full of ev'd pokemon, another 5-6 boxes of smogon redistributable stuff/breeds of mine, and random stuff in the other boxes

cannibaleyes
6th February 2011, 6:28 AM
Haha, my PC is pretty scattered. I do have a few boxes that are organized, though. I have a few boxes dedicated solely to shinies, and others dedicated only for EV-trained/IV-bred pokes. Other than that, I pretty much just throw things in whatever box. It's starting to get annoying and hard to find things, but I'm too lazy to go through and re-organize it. =/