PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your EVENT pokemon?

BlazingTrainer
9th March 2009, 5:42 PM
What do you do with your EVENT pokemon?..does anyone here use them or just keep them as is?..I just use them every once in a while. I don't raise their levels or anything. Let me know, BTW, I just got my level 100 ;486;

PiplupMan
9th March 2009, 5:59 PM
Keep them for show XD

Volteon
9th March 2009, 7:28 PM
Let them infect Bebe's Box and prison them there because I'm never going to use them again.

and moving to My DP Games.

them, them, them...

RocStar
9th March 2009, 9:22 PM
Leave them in the PC, or send them to My Pokemon Ranch, because that's the only activity they'll get.

Umbreon-dana
9th March 2009, 9:36 PM
SR->Quit->Take the berry and plant it->Box

SR->Get What I want->EV->Take the berry and plant it->Box

battle171
10th March 2009, 12:09 AM
I usually train them for battle if they don't have a set nature or at Lvl. 100 already. I traded my Alima Roulu for a TRU Shaymin, and when I get my TRU Regigigas, I'll send it to my future Platinum, get the Regi's, crazy plant its berry, and trade it again, lol

Penguinist Trainer
10th March 2009, 12:14 AM
I hold off on training them until I have planned everything out, because if I screw something up, it's not like I can breed it and start over. Currently I'm waiting for Platinum to come out so I can transfer my new events over and work on them.

Dragon Rules
10th March 2009, 1:03 AM
I just keep them in PC,but sometimes I bring them to a trade and show off. XD

Sapphire Phoenix
10th March 2009, 2:24 AM
I usually get three of them:

For one of them I SR for the best nature so whenever I plan on EV training them I have it all ready... it usually ends UT'ed.

Another I just get a decent nature and I level that one up for fun... most of the time this ends up being UT'ed.

And the last one is my UT'ed one... So, they're all basically something pretty for me to stare at :B

zlxq3000
15th March 2009, 2:37 AM
They're currently on the Ranch (helping me level it up to get that Mew). I don't really use 'em; they're pretty much just there to help my Pokedex get entries. However, if I can get more of them, I'd use Deoxys.

When the events that give out the items to obtain those pokemon are given out in America, I'll use the previously-event-only pokemon in battle, since they'll be pokemon I caught myself rather than ones that were just handed to me by some dude in a stupid hat...

popsicle
15th March 2009, 2:41 AM
I don't have one, but they would probably just help my Pokedex and I'd never use them again probably.

aaron-now
15th March 2009, 2:53 AM
I once raised a Celebi from a PKMN Crystal Promotion thing. I got it Lv100 then the game wiped.
Now I keep them in a box called Legendaries and do nothing with them (except for a Ranger Manaphy I got to LV21). I don't really get any Events cause I live in Australia.

shiningsloth13
17th March 2009, 3:52 PM
Meh, I just stick 'em in the box. Then they just sit and rot.

morri
17th March 2009, 4:02 PM
Meh, I just stick 'em in the box. Then they just sit and rot.

quoted :P

Mime1020
18th March 2009, 1:01 AM
I use them in battles.

Or put them on my ranch to play not rot.

shiningsloth13
18th March 2009, 1:17 AM
^^ Coo. I got quoted.

Maru90
18th March 2009, 1:19 AM
Let them rot in my PC.
I think I've trained one of them so I can see it's 'special move' but once I saw it a couple of times, bye bye.

Too Funk to Druck
18th March 2009, 1:24 AM
They just sit in a special box with all of my other legendaries.

Samsara
18th March 2009, 1:25 AM
Give them to people who couldn't go to the event. Better than locking them up in a box and never seeing them again.

Blivsey
18th March 2009, 4:28 AM
Keep 'em for show, TBH.

Overheat Hothead
18th March 2009, 5:34 PM
I just shove them in the box. Keep 'em like throphies. The same with shinies. If I have multiples I'll trade them away for other things I want.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
18th March 2009, 6:18 PM
I plan out what I'm going to do with them beforehand. E.g. Work out where and what I will be going up against, to get correct EV distribution.
I've EV trained:
Alamos Darkrai
Ranger Manaphy

TRU Dragonite and Gamestop Deoxys have yet to be picked up from the guy in the Mart. Also, out of the 8 Mews I got at the UK Summer Camp a few years ago, I still have 6 UT left. One of them I sold for £20!

OddMewtwo
18th March 2009, 7:01 PM
let them rot in my PC.
showing off in trades.
or ev training some for fun =)

OddMewtwo
18th March 2009, 7:02 PM
let them rot in my PC.
showing off in trades.
or ev training some for fun =)

Shikyobi
19th March 2009, 12:52 AM
Leave them in my box. I rarely EV train any of them.

benthic
19th March 2009, 4:40 AM
I think I've only ever used a Rayquaza before. Maybe a Dialga, but only for a couple levels. I used a Zapdos on my last Leaf Green Speed Run with Blastoise as a two-man army. The rest rot on Ranch.

Visual
19th March 2009, 4:48 AM
I don't have any event Pokemons since the events aren't held here...sob...sob...(T.T)

C.J. Ray
19th March 2009, 5:31 AM
Not sure what I'm gonna do with my Shaymin, but I already made my Level 100 Regigigas, which I just got tonight(thank you Wireless for saving us the embarassment of going in and asking the clerks where to go! My dad was surprised when I didn't even get out of the car! ;D) into my Battle Slave - it will be beating up wild Pokemon to raise any Pokemon I need to raise. Right now, it's helping my trash Mudkip evolve into Swampert to fill out the last starters in my Pokedex.

Moveset: I left it as is, except for Icy Wind - I ditched it for Candice's free Avalanche TM, since it's not going to see usage in my battle team at all; Slow Start and high attack power makes Avalanche a no-brainer. I wanted to keep the other moves as it was sort of perfect - representing all four elements of the Regi clan. :)

Anytyme23
19th March 2009, 5:40 AM
I leave them in my box until something better comes along.
If I really like them or if they have a purpose like TRU Shaymin & Regigigas in Plat. I just keep them as trophies.

InfamousMrJ
19th March 2009, 5:58 AM
As most, they go into the PC. Though, the recent Regigigas that was given away, I tried it out, and loved it, so I'm actually using it. It's the first one I've ever used, to be honest.

Pika-Freaka
19th March 2009, 7:52 PM
Well, I live in Turkey, the most intelligence deprived rat-hole on earth, so I don't get a chance to get the events. Sob. ToT

Avrig
19th March 2009, 9:04 PM
I just have one event pokémon, Darkrai. There's no events much around my area... But my Darkrai is happily waiting in PC, that I'll get some other event pokémons. Then they can have a nice time with each other.
So yes, I just collect my event pokémons in PC, I'm not going to use them.

Blk Charizard
19th March 2009, 11:33 PM
Just like everyone else practically, they sit in the PC.

oboy170
19th March 2009, 11:39 PM
Keep them in a box til Platinum comes out.

foxyman1167
20th March 2009, 1:21 AM
Nothing really, except keep them for pokedex pages.

BlazingTrainer
20th March 2009, 3:19 PM
I keep all of mine in a box as well. I don't use them. I think the only i did use though, was a dialga to beat the pokemon league and 5 regular pkmn. This was when i was racing to finish the game back in 07'. My Diamond pokemon are almost 2 years old..lol.

Slowking[George]
20th March 2009, 5:00 PM
Leave them untouched, in case I have to trade them for someone who wants them untouched in order to get something more precious. xD
Besides, untouched pokemon look awesome.

Sir Devious
21st March 2009, 7:46 AM
I collect them, the rot in my PC.

masterleo
22nd March 2009, 1:41 AM
rot in the pc, but some time I like to kick the in-game trainer's but with them.
Drakri vs. Bidoff who wins?

BlazingTrainer
30th March 2009, 1:16 AM
Keep 'em for show, TBH.

Yeah, you and i have the same game plan. Catch em' for show and never use them again. I love my legends, but my favorite since I'm an old school pokemon fan since the 151 days, i think is still mew. I recently got him from someone on this site. He is used but hadou none the less. I dig mew..lol. I love all the ones i got myself as well. I have about 20 or so now.

araveugnitsuga
30th March 2009, 1:50 AM
EV train them and level them to 90 without changing any move (in case i regret ev's or for trading )
ANd use them for wi-fi battles

(s.i.e)
1st April 2009, 1:55 PM
i bury them so deep in my storageboxes that i won't see them again, i have three games so there is plenty of room.

Aesir22
1st April 2009, 4:20 PM
I put them in box on my diamond game for storage or trading....I dont battle with them

blueorangecar1
12th April 2009, 5:23 AM
I just put them in Ranch and leave them and never take them out incase I need them for pokedex reasons.I traded the manaphy event for a shiney and I still have my own mew and trade for more mews to trade(I dont know why i lvl them to lvl 45 O.o).

mxe567
12th April 2009, 5:59 AM
i keep them nice and safe in their own little box :)

joker0187
12th April 2009, 9:17 AM
i pimp the crap out of them by trading them and getting great stuff out of them

Zetta Awesome
18th April 2009, 7:30 AM
I either keep them in a specific box for legendaries or I trade them for other events or shiny pokemon

serebiifreak
19th April 2009, 4:37 AM
Use them. I don`t know why, but they have good stats.
Arceus because of it`s plate feature.
Darkrai for its indirect attacking. (bad dreams, nightmare, dream eater and dark pulse)
Shaymin I don`t use because I don`t like it that much.

Zenotwapal
19th April 2009, 7:16 PM
I show off my awesome events to my friends and then proceed to hve a bet with them "if you beat my event mew+my lv.100 team, you can have my mew!"
Then massive ownage occurs at that point.
I win.
Other than that, I EV train them and get them to lv 100. make them even more uber.

glenn7lhy
20th April 2009, 9:12 PM
I keep them exactly as they were and if i have doubles i dont need i try trading them for others. Im an event collector. I do sometimes use them for battles in the wi-fi place but onle because of their moves and it doesnt give them exp.

Or i just simply give them to friends as gifts

*Edit*

sorry i double posted. serebii forums doesnt work well on my laptop and i refreshed page after i thought it posted and it didnt so i posted again but addded extra

EXGShadow
24th May 2009, 3:37 AM
I keep all of my legendaries untouched, including the event ones (all traded).. most of them at Lv. 50, and some at Lv. 70. Those that come at lower levels are left on the daycare until they reach the proper level (or until I've got enough rare candies). I don't really know why, but I like building powerful movesets for them.. I've spent a lot of TM's doing this.

Raikou_fan
24th May 2009, 4:08 AM
Let them sit in my boxes and look perty. Eventually I'll EV them, but probly not for a long time.