PDA

View Full Version : A Scare In The Air! (084)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:04 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/084.gifA Scare In The Air!

Heading to the Orange Islands, Ash takes part ina Lottery and wins a quick way there, a Blimp ride...but when the Blimp turns out to be old and in control of Team Rocket. And to make things worse...the Blimp may be haunted. Will Ash & Co. survive?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/084.shtml)

Discuss

~*Aurora Wish*~
1st December 2004, 4:46 AM
Wait, was this the one where the blimp was tipping from side to side because of the pokemon?

Mistystar89
9th December 2004, 5:34 AM
^I think if I'm not wrong. I liked this episode. 8.5/10

Ororo Munroe
19th December 2004, 9:43 AM
I really like how Misty was determined to find Togepi and was walking on that small beam with Bulbasaur's help.

wobbanut
27th August 2005, 4:49 PM
It was strange watching this episode for the first time (apart from a brief glimpse on Cartoon Network) under the original name of "A Scare in the Air". My recording of the episode, which is now gone, had it under the 9/11-changed name of "Spirits in the Sky", and that's how I got used to calling the episode.

Anyway, I find it a little strange how Giovanni just happened to transfer Team Rocket to the Blimp Brigade just as the twerps were about to fly to Valencia Island. I know he doesn't like the trio so much in the later days, but something definitely seemed odd about his timing (even more so than him suddenly leaving the Viridian gym right before Ash's gym battle).

I know my favorite part of the episode has to be the part when Team Rocket keep emptying out the two tanks to try and balance the blimp, and the twerps keep sliding back and forth. ROFLOL :D I also like the part when everyone sees Jigglypuff covered in a sheet and think she's a ghost. Jigglypuff was definitely hilarious in this episode. :)

Aptenodytes
2nd November 2005, 3:27 AM
this was a great episode and the end was fun to guess what would happen next. overall id say 9/10

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 3:41 PM
an ok epi. i didnt really like it much as there wasnt much battling going on. 6/10

Ashy Boy
27th July 2006, 9:55 AM
Great episode, although I was bit freaked out by Team Rocket's reaction to the ghost.

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 9:33 PM
Team Rocket was what made this episode interesting, IMO

Battra
7th August 2007, 8:16 PM
A good episode to begin our gangs trip around the Orange Islands, I like how TR thought they were getting a promotion despite the fact that they've done nothing to deserve on throughout the entire series. I liked Misty's determination to find Togepi and her use of Bulbasaur to get Togepi though why she just didn't have Bulbasaur grab Togepi in the first place I don't know. I assume that someone read an address wrong on arriving to the airfield since there's noway that a company would give a blimp ride on a blimp that was falling apart for fear of a lawsuit.

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 8:48 AM
It was a good episode. Pretty funny too XD "Onix you're too heavy" :P not like it's his fault Brock.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 1:08 PM
i liked watching this episode, team rocket allways makes things more funny as usual:P

Blue Snover
6th March 2009, 4:55 PM
Who in their right mind would get onto that blimp?

You could tell just by looking at it, that the thing was an accident waiting to happen.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 4:10 PM
i think it was scary ^_^;
but maybe because i was sick when i saw it for the first time XD

Ice T. Sackboy
10th April 2009, 2:01 PM
This episode was a good start of the Orange Islands arc. After many episodes, Team Rocket hasn't changed a bit. I did feel disturbed that they'd let Ash ride for free on a worn out blimp so they can make it to Valencia Island. What was the point of doing it if they knew they couldn't control a "first class" blimp? o.O

Tadashi
31st August 2009, 8:05 AM
There totally was a daruma on the windowsill in the cafeteria. /dork. I love seeing Japanese references that weren't edited out ^_^ I still can't believe that blimp managed to stay in the air for as long as it did... o_o And that was the lamest blimp crash ever, lol. But it's okay, I still found the episode to be fairly enjoyable.

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 1:05 PM
Strange episode, i didn't like it at all...
It was scary for Misty when she saved Togepi, but it was good when she managed to save it.

pokezack101
13th December 2009, 1:47 AM
A preety good espiode overall.I have not saw it in a long time.

Lorde
11th January 2010, 7:52 AM
It was amazing, truely scary. I mean, Team Rocket was in charge of the blimp? They're idiots. It was insane!

Loved that Togepi went missing, causing everyone to look for it. It was scary, they were so high up in the air and it was dark in the blimp.

At least it crashed on their destination :S 10/10

JohnLee
16th January 2010, 4:00 PM
It was amazing, truely scary. I mean, Team Rocket was in charge of the blimp? They're idiots. It was insane!

Loved that Togepi went missing, causing everyone to look for it. It was scary, they were so high up in the air and it was dark in the blimp.

At least it crashed on their destination :S 10/10

I'm still really scared of heights, but during this episode I had that feeling in my stomach that I was going to fall! Team Rocket should never fly a blimp ever again. Too bad that do :/

RickHoenn
4th November 2010, 10:47 PM
Oh memories! the first episode of the new adventure for the gang, with this I'm finally starting to watch my newly-acquired Orange League DVD, I'm so ****ing happy!!! :D

Well this was another amazing episode, haha the opening still is the Gotta Catch 'Em All, Ash says not always he can loose! LOL :p They finally reach Valencia Island after a very trainwreck travel!

10/10 Great and exciting start!

G50
6th February 2011, 5:05 AM
Didn't really like this episode. Balancing out the blimp was really funny especially when heavy Onix was really tipping the blimp almost all the way over.. Was definitely a bad place for Togepi to get lost in, good thing Misty got it back. It was not a bright idea to even get on the blimp in the 1st place.

5/100

Painkiller2001
7th March 2011, 6:38 AM
You know, I thought for sure that Ash was going to send out Charizard the way Brock sent out Onix!

When you think about it, wouldn;t geodude have been a bit too heavy as well?

Wow, for (technically) the official beginning of the Orange Islands arc, this one could've been a bit better.

It was okay, but not too great.

Aquarelle
22nd March 2011, 8:15 AM
This episode freaked me out a lot when I was younger. When I saw how broken down the blimp looked, I was certain that something would go wrong when they were flying in it. I was also convinced that they were going to crash horribly and die for some reason (because I would have been like 6 when this aired O.o).

I did like the parts with Jigglypuff, especially when it was a "ghost." I also like how this episode began the Orange Islands arc, because I was eager to see what they were like.

Vernikova
18th October 2011, 10:09 PM
Bad episode. Why didn't Team Rocket stay on the Blimp Brigade anyway? Team Rocket wasn't amusing and Jigglypuff wasn't funny. The tipping scene in the blimp was meh at best. There was not one redeeming quality in this episode.

Calamity™
8th November 2011, 5:13 PM
It's Vulpix!
First episode of the new journey and we get to see my favourite animé Pokémon, Jigglypuff! I liked the idea of the Blimp, although I don't see how Togepi got that far in such a short time... considering it's size. Team Rocket, as usual, made this episode fun. I never seem to get bored of them. :3
Why make Bulbasaur hold Misty when it could have just Vine Whip'd Togepi down...?

Blessed
4th February 2012, 3:22 AM
A good episode to start the gang's journey into the Orange Islands. It was scary when they were in the blimp and I loved Misty's determination in finding Togepi when it wandered off. The whole blimp thing was just ominous in general because of what was said by it. Well, at least in the end they made it to their destination.

AquaMilotic
6th February 2012, 12:40 AM
An exciting start of the season. Jigglypuff had a very cool role in this. Good that Misty refused to leave without Togepi, that shows her love for the egg, which is a great thing. One of the worst Original Series episodes, which means it's great, so 8/10.

7threst
3rd September 2012, 4:41 PM
A nice introduction to the Orange Island Series with a interesting synopsis. I always mistakenly confuse this with that other episode at the end of the Orange Islands series for some apparent reason lol.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:01 AM
It was kind of said for Giovanni to purposely set The Trio up like that. But, it was good to see Ash commanding all the Pokemon to go left and right to steer the blimp. It reminded me when they were on the St Anne and he told the Pokemon to go to the other side.

PokemontrainerY
14th July 2013, 2:25 AM
A grood start of the Orange league saga. It's odd that Giovani made Team Rocket in charge of the blimp, I liked when Misty was worried about her Togepi.
After seeing the condition of the blimp, I knew it was gonna crash ........ and it did. But at least it crashed on Valencia island, where Ash, Misty and Brock wanted to go.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 4:07 AM
It always amazes me how, being a baby Pokemon, Togepi never seems to get easily scared over everything.

Lorde
4th November 2014, 7:42 AM
I love episodes where TR pull off crazy schemes, hence why I loved that they tricked Ash and friends into boarding the blimp. I usually dislike seeing Pokemon getting lost, but Togepi made it work since it added to the chaos and comedy of the situation. I didn't care for Jigglypuff though. I was done with its singing by mid-OS.