PDA

View Full Version : Pokeball Peril! (085)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 10:05 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/085.gifPokéball Peril!

After arriving on Valencia Island, Ash & Co must set out to find Prof. Ivy and get the Ball. When they arrive, they see Ivy is fully entrenched in Research and she shows the GS Ball to them, but Brock starts to take a liking to Ivy. Will Brock stay with the group?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/085.shtml)

Discuss

Sharpshooter
15th December 2004, 2:25 PM
Gosh - I'm shocked that no pokéshippers have discussed this one yet :P

Aside from that it was actually a very well constructed pro Brock episode, all his qualities were shown to great effect in this, the breeding skills, the cooking & cleaning skills, and yes even the female skills :P

Couldn't ask for a better send off for Brock, certainly much better than the one in "Gotta catch ya later!". "Friends to the end Ash, Friends to the end Brocko" *hard hand shake*.

Brilliant.

Professor Ivy
17th January 2005, 2:25 PM
This is my most favorite Pokemon Pokemon episode. I do reseacher on it all the like for storyline to the away in look and even voice.

I do a lot with is episode. I still do. resacher On it.

xsweet_peax
5th February 2005, 10:21 AM
I just love the ending of this episode! Jessie and James proved themselves as pokeshippers and I just love how they were teasing Ash and Misty! It was sooooo kawaii! I just love Team Rocket so much after this episode XD ehhe too bad there areant other episodes like this.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
10th February 2005, 1:01 PM
i swear that raticate was a shiny raticate!!!

so J&J r pokeshippers! and Ash and Misty blushed!!!

PokeProphet
10th February 2005, 1:38 PM
Ahh. Yes, these were the good old pokeshipping days. Probably one of the most shippy episodes ever. Sigh. It's good to know that even Jessie and James are Pokeshippers, they and a million other charakters from the show.

Heracross
11th February 2005, 9:37 PM
I liked this little arc, it was a good series of episodes and a great way to introduce the Orange Islands. I liked the whole idea of having them travel around by blimp because blimps are cool.XP I also liked how Jigglypuff was featured a lot around this time. She was really funny and it was nice to have some continuity in the series. She was around a lot but not in every single episode.

Sharpshooter
11th February 2005, 11:11 PM
She was really funny and it was nice to have some continuity in the series. She was around a lot but not in every single episode.

Really? How do you Jigglypuff's a female? Wow must of missed that episode when they said that.

Professor Ivy
9th April 2005, 5:17 AM
Really? How do you Jigglypuff's a female? Wow must of missed that episode when they said that.
;249; Well Jigglypuff is play by Rachel lills.

;130; whta did you not like about this epiodes?
:surfpika: For most people it watch Satoshi and Kasumi leave Brock. Not me. Hello Kenji.

Melissa
26th June 2005, 3:08 AM
The episode was pretty dull until the very end TR was making fun of Ash and Misty. But it was ironic since Jessie and James are by themselves lots of times just like Ash and Misty were when Brock left. (Meowth doesn't count since it's just a pokemon like pikachu.)

Feity
17th August 2005, 3:03 PM
how exactly are the vileplume and other pokemon different?

wobbanut
27th August 2005, 3:54 PM
You know, this episode loses some of its edge in hindsight, since we all know that Brock comes back 30 episodes later, he's had a couple of brief absences since, and his relationship with Professor Ivy went horribly wrong somewhere (and the fact that they were stuck with the GS ball for 60 episodes doesn't help). At least they gave him a good sendoff, since he really felt at home, but this episode just doesn't have the same kind of impact that it would have had if I'd been watching the episode six years ago. The only parts I like about the episode are Brock freaking over the messy kitchen, Brock taking care of the Butterfree, and the bit where they show the triplets trying all sorts of ways to open the GS ball.

Satoshi
14th September 2005, 12:36 AM
This episode was really touching when I found out Takeshi was leaving. That last line Satoshi and Takeshi said while giving each other high-fives was really heart-warming. It was hilarious when Rocket-Dan was teasing Satoshi and Kasumi. Never really knew what happened between Takeshi and Prof. Ivy though...

I give this episode 8/10 for being well thought out, touching, and being really hilarious.

Lorelei2006
8th February 2006, 4:28 PM
I actualy loved the episode and wanted to watc it over and over my sister taped over it.

Dark Aerodactyl
1st July 2006, 2:45 PM
hey. what is in that gs ball?

Ashy Boy
2nd July 2006, 10:41 AM
No one has any clue and probably won't be discovered any time soon.

JONNO.FRESH
5th July 2006, 4:42 AM
An alright epi. Didnt like how they ditched brock but Tracey is an alright character

Crystal Clair
5th July 2006, 5:07 AM
That magikarp in Professor Oak's lab was real random..... and creepy. I doubt you'd remember it if you haven't seen the ep in years because it's just one of those things.
Ivy's pretty hot, in the weirdest way. She's beautiful too. And those three kids were funny. We dont really see a lot of lab assistants in the anime. I mean there's Joshua and then there's Kenji but I'm not sure if he counts.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
1st September 2006, 10:45 AM
I don't think Brock's departure was handled too well. He didn't even tell the others he would be leaving...some friend, eh?
Oh, and Crystal Clair, I watched the episode this morning, and that Magikarp was mighty random. Ivy can handle Gyarados, whereas Oak can only manage a Magikarp.
Professor Ivy needs to get some sleep...

Ashy Boy
3rd September 2006, 9:49 AM
The only thing I didn't like about this ep was Ash & Misty being teased by Team Rocket.

Marill
4th September 2006, 12:31 AM
Lmao I loved that scene, classic :D

The only problem with it was that Ash/Misty had the perfect oppurtunity to tease James and Jessie back in the same way.

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 8:55 PM
I didn't like this one that much, Brock had to leave :(, but lol at the part Team Rocket teased Ash & Misty

Battra
7th August 2007, 9:34 PM
Sad to see Brock leave but I think it's for the best gives Ash and Misty a little alone time together and also allows them to interact with other people. Prof. Ivy is my second favorite professor to bad she didn't get much screen time, I would've loved to have seen more with her. I loved the different Pokemon n the islands gives a sense that the Pokemon world is very vast and different. I liked the part where TR teased Ash & Misty and both of them turned away blushing so you know theirs something their they just don't want to admit it to each other. Lastly I loved the cliffhanger at the end of this episode one of the best in the series.

Mythic Mist
12th August 2007, 7:03 AM
Best thing about this episode: The scenery. I don't know, but after seeing the Digitally animated episodes for so long, and then seeing an episode with good animation, and locales that actually look unique, I feel some strange, warm and fuzzy feeling. But the episode itself was great. Especially with Professor Ivy, the only female professor in the whole world, it seems. such a great character.

HikariTajiri
9th December 2007, 2:27 PM
I love this ep! 2nd fave ever! (to Shell Shock!)

Hooray4Homestar
21st April 2008, 12:31 AM
The only part that I liked in this episode was at the end when Team Rocket was teasing Misty and Ash. I love everything that has to do with Pokeshipping!

(s.i.e)
5th July 2008, 3:26 PM
this is a very good episode but it was a sad thing that brock was leaving:(

CyberCubed
19th July 2008, 5:32 AM
Having just rewatched this episode, I really noticed how short and brief Brock's goodbye was. He didn't get a flashback montage or anything, he just said why he was staying and Ash/Misty were like "OK BYE!" with all happy faces on.

lol.

Oh god. Back when this ep aired I was sad that Brock left and really wanted him back. Little did I know we would be stuck with him for the next 10 years.

GOOD GOD. What a cruel ironic twist of fate, its unbelieveable.

And the GS ball "lol's" in this ep were amusing too.

Staryu_09
23rd July 2008, 6:10 PM
Oh god. Back when this ep aired I was sad that Brock left and really wanted him back. Little did I know we would be stuck with him for the next 10 years.

Same here :) This episode was really interesting to me. But when the Orange Islands episodes ends I start to feel nostalgic about them, and even now. Tracy and Misty are secondaries now and that's really sad to me sometimes XD.

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 6:57 AM
I was pretty happy that Brock left. He must have been happy staying with a girl.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 2:43 PM
Great episode, i love the end where Jessie and James poked fun at Ash and Misty XD

Blue Snover
20th April 2009, 3:46 PM
I was sad to see Brock leave, but at least he was happy with Professor Ivy.

Poke-mon Lover
20th April 2009, 7:50 PM
ya i know what you mean i was sad too. but you know what... at least he comes back ;p

charmanderkesryl
4th July 2009, 6:33 AM
i really like the part whem TR tease ash & misty, they look cute

Tadashi
31st August 2009, 5:29 AM
The only thing I didn't like about this ep was Ash & Misty being teased by Team Rocket.

Whaaaaaat? No way, that was the best part! This episode is way old, but I still remember the way that Team Rocket teased them! X3 I loved Ash x Misty back then (quite a bit), so I was quite excited to see TR as PokéShipping supporters.

I was so sad to see Brock go, though... then Team Rocket ruined the sad moment, dangit.

pokezack101
13th December 2009, 12:58 AM
Too bad this is the only season brock is is gone.

Ash-kid
13th December 2009, 3:29 PM
It was strange when Brock leaved...
And i didn't understand the issue with the GS ball, it was mysterious

Lorde
6th January 2010, 8:08 AM
And i didn't understand the issue with the GS ball, it was mysterious

....the issue was that it didn't open, no matter what they used to open it....

I loved it. Prof. Ivy was different. I was expected an old man like Prof. Oak you know? She was young, goodlooking, but still dedicated to her job.

The triplets were annoying (Max's future PUSA VA...) but I liked that Brock got a change to shine. I was sad to see him leave. 9/10

RickHoenn
4th November 2010, 9:51 PM
Oh Brocky :( this episode was an excellent goodbye to my 2nd fav character of the series, Prof Ivy was ****ing hot!!! but her assistants were sometime annoying whatever, I loved the colored Pokémon and when Jesse, James & Meowth were teasing Ash & Misty. hahaha :D

Ash & Brock hand shakeup was amazing, they are good friends! and with the view of all Brock pokes I got nostalgic :(

10/10 one of the best episodes ever.

G50
30th January 2011, 7:47 AM

=====

It was supposed to contain Celebi and be used for a large portion of the Johto saga, but they decided to forgo the GS Ball since Celebi was starring in the upcoming movie at the time.

----

This episode was ok, at the time was sad to see Brock stay with Professor Ivy, glad he eventually did come back. That GS ball was always so confusing, but I'm glad I now know Celebi was inside, and I don't have to research.

4/100

Painkiller2001
7th March 2011, 6:06 AM
I remember when I first saw this episode I thought Brock was gone for good. But now I know he comes back... eventually.

Okay, usually I don't mention or notice these kinds of things, but what was with all the breast shots on professor Ivy? I counted at least 2 or 3 times this happened. Not that it's a bad thing, I just really took notice to this kind of thing this time around.

Edit: @ The 4th Kira: that's why those three triplets' voices sounded so familiar! Max' voice! Whenever they would talk, I was thinking "where have I heard that voice before?"

Aquarelle
22nd March 2011, 12:05 PM
At first, I didn't think that Brock would really leave. I was really surprised by his departure. When Brock said that he wanted to stay with Prof. Ivy, I was thinking, "Wait, is he serious?!"

It was also really sad seeing Brock go. Being like six years old at the time, I didn't think we would ever see him again.

vipsoccermaster
23rd March 2011, 11:52 AM
Watched this again a few days ago. Yeah, it was sad that Brock left, but that at least gave time for Misty and Ash to be together. And Team Rocket teasing them...wow.

Aquafranz
29th March 2011, 11:56 PM
I guess it is soon after this episode that Tracey joins Ash and Misty. But Brock comes back every season anyway, so it was only a matter of time.

Vernikova
18th October 2011, 11:44 PM
The GS Ball. So much dropped potential with this one. I always liked its design. Anyway, Brock leaving for the cardboard known as Tracey was terrible. Not because I dislike Tracey but because they ended up not doing much with him. Ever. Ivy was a pretty cool character I guess.

Calamity™
12th November 2011, 10:35 PM
It's Lapras!
I quite liked this episode. Although I must say it's sad to see Brock leave the group. But he is trying to be a breeder and all. Team Rocket didn't get to do much in this one, but they ended the episode on a nice cliff hanger.

Blessed
2nd February 2012, 10:12 PM
I was sad when Brock said he was going to be staying with Prof Ivy... because I knew it wouldn't be the same! But this left Ash & Misty alone for a little bit lol which I really liked. I also love when they blushed in the cage scene, that was a very cute Pokeshipping hint!

AquaMilotic
5th February 2012, 11:45 PM
This was so sad with Brock leaving... I think Tracey is fine, but Brock leaving was very sad. Like Angel said, I loved the PokeShipping hint! The GS Ball idea and mysteries were great. The differently colored Pokemon were original and a cool idea (even though I prefer a standard colored Butterfree), especially those super cute Butterfree! Maybe Brock should've caught a Orange Islands Butterfree, that would've been cool in Jotho! 9/10, the fact that Brock came back after Orange Islands made this episode acceptable to watch for me...

7threst
3rd September 2012, 4:27 PM
I will miss Brock for the time being, but I also embrace the new character getting introduced a episode later. For the rest this episode is hilarious, Team Rocket again stole the show with their mischievous act.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 4:02 AM
I like that Gyarados was so friendly to Professor Ivy. It makes me like their species a lot more. I didn't like how Brock just left. It wasn't that much emotion. It as funny to see The Trio tease Ash and Misty though.

PokemontrainerY
18th September 2013, 8:41 AM
I enjoyed this Orange Island episode. In this episode Ash, Misty and Brock finally arrived at Valencia Island and Met Professor Ivy ( She was very hot ) , who gave them the GS ball. I liked the different Pokemon in Valencia island, It was interesting to see many different colours of the same Pokemon exist in thd Pokemon world. It's sad to see Brock leave the group, but it's reasonable since he wanted to stay with Professor Ivy. The best Part of the episode was when Team Rocket captured Ash and Misty in cage and called them "lovebirds". Ash & Misty turned away blushing and Team Rocket teased them more by saying " But you're blushing! "," Kissy Kissy!" their reaction was funny xD. I liked the clifhanger at the end.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 3:14 AM
The scene in the blimp where Team Rocket were calling Ash and Misty 'lovebirds' was hilarious! :)
Sad to see Brock leave the group (even though it's only temporary).