PDA

View Full Version : In The Pink! (090)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:08 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/090.gifIn The Pink!

After getting caught in some Whirlpools, Ash & Co. get washed up on Pinkan Island, a special Pokémon Rserve which contains Pokémon that are only of the Colour Pink. However Team Rocket also washed up on this Island and start causing problems. Can Ash & Co. stop them?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/090.shtml)

Discuss

Andrew
24th October 2004, 1:26 PM
Well, duh. Of course they stopped them, or else the series probably wouldn't have continued on with Team Rocket's antics and lack of success.

THis is also a much loved episode by me, mainly because of Lickitung, the awesome pink song, and the HAIPER BEAMERZ!

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 1:37 PM
I loved this episode! It was so funny when Meowth said "Look! A pink Lickitung!!!" lol.
That rampaging Nidoking was scary!!
But we got to see Togepi use Metronome! I love it when it's lil hands go blue!!

~*Mitsuki*~
21st January 2005, 1:14 AM
I really liked this episode. ^^ It was pretty cool to see a different colored pokemon that wasn't a shiny. *sigh* I wish someone would have caught one of the pink pokemon though...XD I know they weren't suppose to but...it'd be cool to have one.

vulpix
19th April 2005, 12:23 AM
man why did they have to be pink,they should have been purple,or maybe yellow,but pink come on!

wobbanut
30th August 2005, 1:03 AM
This is definitely one of the most bizarre episodes of the show, but it has the little highlights that definitely make it worth watching: Team Rocket's pokemon working together and defeating nidoking, the extremely bizarre Team Rocket fantasy, James getting excited over a pink Jigglypuff and a pink Lickitung, the flashback with Misty conking herself on the head. It adds up to an interesting episode. :)

Dephender
25th March 2006, 3:29 PM
Well, duh. Of course they stopped them, or else the series probably wouldn't have continued on with Team Rocket's antics and lack of success.

They didn't stop them. The pink Nidoking did.

Andrew
25th April 2006, 2:26 AM
I didn't specify "They" so it can include the Nidoking. Tosser.

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 10:25 AM
An alright epi.Nidoking was awesome and Hyper Beam rocked. 8/10

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 3:45 AM
One of my very favorite Orange Islands episode, with pink pokemon ^_^

DarkWobbuffet
10th February 2007, 7:24 PM
Best part of the episode had to be when Kenji sent out Pikabl- erm, Mariru to fight Nidoking, only for it to get scared and run off like a wuss. XD

Guess cuteness dosen't always prevail after all.

Battra
15th August 2007, 6:00 PM
An interesting episode, nice to see an episode that focuses on Pokemon that are raised on an isolated island and have a interesting diet that makes Pokemon pink. Also this is the first episode where Berry trees are introduced which will be late used in Johto and Hoen. I got a laugh out of Misty trying to teach Togepi to use headbutt and Pinkachu.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
15th April 2008, 12:59 PM
A filler that is still remembered by me, so it has definitely stuck out to me. I watched this episode again last night after a gap of about 5-6 years, and I agree that it would've been interesting for one of the cast to catch a pink poké, but the best that they got was Pinkachu - a terrible joke, living up to Ash's reputation.

Batdude
6th June 2008, 8:51 PM
Ah Nidoking made this episode... It's rarely handled badly in the show, from what I can recall! Every time Gary used his was a pleasure, and it was in fine form in this ep too.

And of course any chance to see Lickitung is a welcome one...

They should have let that stupid Rhyhorn fall into the sea. How long has it lived on the island? Does it not realise the danger of a cliff?

(s.i.e)
5th July 2008, 3:51 PM
those pink poke's were an odd sight if you ask me, i thought they allways had different colors.

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 8:16 AM
I love all the pink Pokemon :D I was pretty sad when the Ryhorn was in trouble like that.

Blue Snover
6th March 2009, 5:06 PM
This episode made me think of the pink Butterfree, this might have been where it came from.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 4:08 PM
I love the song of TR..Pinky land or something?
i love this episode ^_^

Blue Snover
17th March 2009, 2:04 PM
It was a little strange that only a little bit of Pikachu turned pink from eating the fruit, i would have thought its whole body would have changed.

Ice T. Sackboy
8th April 2009, 5:19 PM
This episode was one of my favorites of all because a new discovered thing for Pokemon is here. Whenever a Pokemon eats pink berries, their body changes pink, but if you relate that to the berries in the Pokemon World, they're different since they heal you. But it was funny that TR blasted off from a Nidoking and went after the twerps for no reason.

Ash-kid
30th April 2009, 2:10 PM
The rescue of Rhyhorn was similiar to the rescue of Hipopotas.

Brandnewgold
31st May 2009, 1:30 AM
I think that theme park TR was imagining was based off of Disneyland.

TorterraGuy
7th June 2009, 4:26 PM
I liked this episode because it's interesting seeing pokemon turing pink from eating berries. I also liked it because it showed Togepi using it's first moves.

danparker
1st July 2009, 8:49 PM
A very unique episode I remember. I was suprised about Togepi's secret attack for the first time. And I don't find the pink pokemon weird somehow. But I did liked the Nidoking. However, Team Rocket's song in this episode wasn't really one of my faovrites, but it's still stuck in my minds.

Adam_stm
11th July 2009, 12:35 AM
I wonder if the native Pokemon stop eating the berries and leave the island, would they change to the normal Pokemon color?

Tadashi
31st August 2009, 6:25 AM
I remember seeing this episode when I was younger, and my first reaction to seeing the pink Pokémon was that they were defective Dittos or something XD But then I found out that it was all the fruit they ate. Since then, I've always feared carrots turning me orange... lol. But a boring filler nonetheless, sadly.

Surfer_Dude
26th October 2009, 11:09 AM
Lol, pinkan island. Some pokemon look really bad as a pink pokemon...

Lorde
11th November 2009, 7:56 AM
I remember thinking that those Pink Pokemon were all Shinies when I first saw this episode haha. Now I know better though. It was a funny filler, well not filler if you count Togepi's Metronome move that helped save everyone from that crazy Pink Nidoking and it's horn of death. I thought it was average, and Team Rocket's plan for the pink Pokemon was hilarious. 6/10.

Armaldo48
6th January 2010, 11:33 AM
I didn't really like this episode. But it can it can always be worse

5.5/10

G50
6th February 2011, 5:28 AM
This episode was ok. Those pink Pokemon were really cool. Too bad Ash wasn't allowed to catch any of them.

20/100

Painkiller2001
8th March 2011, 7:28 AM
"That would make it a "Shyhorn"!"
"Then we'd have to call you Pink-achu!"
BA DUM PSH!

Now, that was a lot of pink Pokemon!

Aquarelle
26th March 2011, 12:14 PM
This was one of my favourite episodes of the Orange Islands. Even though I've never really liked the colour pink, I still enjoyed seeing all those pink Pokemon. I saw this before knowing what a shiny Pokemon was, so I think this was only the second time I saw alternately coloured Pokemon (the first time being the pink Butterfree in Bye Bye Butterfree). I also found it really interesting how the Pokemon were pink because of the fruit that they ate.

Vernikova
26th October 2011, 2:22 AM
Having pink Pokémon was an interesting idea. I guess that this is where the pink Butterfree came from. Watching Tracey sketching was pretty boring and Togepi using Metronome is terrible. Officer Jenny was all kinds of cool since she was able to take down Nidoking.

Calamity™
20th January 2012, 3:12 PM
This has to be one of my favourite episodes from the Orange League. Absolutely loved the idea of Pink Pokémon, after all they do say you are what you eat. It was nice to see Togepi finally doing something except for being cute. I think one of the three should have just caught one of those Pink Pokémon.

Blessed
30th January 2012, 5:33 PM
Love this episode! it's one of my favorites in the OI. when Pikachu was pink, Ash thought it was gonna stay pink forever, I lol'd. Officer Jenny was so badass since she was able to take down Nidoking.

AquaMilotic
6th February 2012, 12:58 AM
Great episode! Pikachu being partly pink was really funny! This is, just like the crystal Onix and many differently colored Pokemon on the Orange Islands (Butterfree, Vileplume, Raticate), awesome! The Orange Islands have many awesome, special and rare Pokemon! Togepi was the hero! Team Rocket's idea was great as well! 10/10.

7threst
4th September 2012, 8:42 AM
I just love how Ash got flown in the air. This episode was really interesting with both what happened with Team Rocket's part and Ash's part. Ash was also pretty lame with those jokes and even Misty noticed that haha.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:10 AM
*Shakes head* Oh Ash. How many times will you get the gang into trouble? It was a pretty decent episode. I would have liked if Officer Jenny could have calmed down Nidoking though.

PokemontrainerY
14th July 2013, 4:32 AM
It's nice seeing those Pink Pokémon in this episode, I guess rare Pokémon like Pink Nidoking, Crystal Onix, different coloured Vileplume (Valencia island) lives in Orange islands. It's interesting that the Pokémon in this episode turned Pink, because they eat the fruits of the Pinkan island. The Officer Jenny was so badass in this episode, it's awsome how she took down that Nidoking.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 4:33 AM
I wonder if this was where that Pink Butterfree in "Bye, Bye Butterfree" came from? Hm, probably not.
Cool to see so many pink Pokemon. :)

Lorde
16th November 2014, 5:57 AM
Lapras getting caught in a whirlpool and Ash and friends getting swept to Pinkan Island was an original way of starting this episode in my view. I cackled when Togepi teleported Ash and friends away from the charging Rhyhorn and it just fell off the cliff. Tracey's sketch of Officer Jenny in action also made me giggle; it was so strange of him.