PDA

View Full Version : Stage Fight! (092)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:09 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/092.gifStage Fight!

After Arriving on another Island, Ash & Co. discover a Showboat which has many talking Pokémon on it. Finding out they do performances, Ash & Co. decide to sit and watch it, but Team Rocket arriving to steal the rare talking Pokémon. Can Ash & Co. save them while having to help out a girl and her Raichu?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/092.shtml)

Discuss

Sharpshooter
19th November 2004, 5:21 PM
Woohoo a Raichu was featured! What was it so scared about anyway, she only threw it away in fear because of it's dangerously high electricity levels.

I wish Raichu was the one that used Thunder instead of Pikachu on Team Rocket, rather than a Mega Punch, it'd been much more devistating, than from an unevolved type.

PokeFan4Ever7783
17th May 2005, 5:04 AM
I think this whole episode was utterly ridiculous and stupid!

Charizard_swe
14th July 2005, 9:12 AM
Quite slow in the beginning, but later on, it was better

CyberCubed
26th July 2005, 4:19 AM
I think this whole episode was utterly ridiculous and stupid!

How so?

I thought it was one of the more interesting episodes. Seeing the Pokemon talk via lip sync was definitely worth it. Loved the way they freaked out TR near the end.

Team Rocket Admin
26th July 2005, 4:22 AM
This episode was alright, but IMO its not one of the writers best.

wobbanut
30th August 2005, 1:22 AM
I'm not all that fond of this episode, mostly because I still have a hard time figuring out that girl and her ISSUES with raichu. I can't help thinking about it in all caps either because, man, those two have ISSUES. At least they did resolve them in the end. Probably the most interesting part about the whole episode was the illusion of the pokemon speaking. It was funny how Ash thought they were really talking and said that Meowth isn't the only pokemon who can talk. I also like the later part when the voice actors do their schtick for Team Rocket, and Meowth gets all teary-eyed. :)

Aptenodytes
2nd November 2005, 5:17 AM
it was ok, but the pokemon shouldve really knew how talk...

Dark Magic
30th May 2006, 4:24 AM
it was ok, but the pokemon shouldve really knew how talk...

That makes NO sense. Go watch 'Go West, Young Meowth' where it takes a whole episode to explain Meowth's backstory and the difficulty he had learning how to talk. Why would any trainer go through that much trouble when it's far easier to have them voice act. Besides, if the Pokemon can talk, you're assuming/hoping they're brilliant stage performers without bad voices. No dice.

Adam_stm
11th June 2006, 9:07 PM
It's because Meowth wanted to learn how to to talk for the girl Meowth.

Ashy Boy
7th July 2006, 8:54 AM
Great episode with an interesting twist. Pokemon actually talking even though it's done by several VAs. Shame it was almost ruined by TR.

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 9:52 AM
An ok epi. The girl and the raichu was plot was pretty dumb. Could of been much better imo. 6/10

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 3:42 AM
Kind of a boring episode ;), at least there was a Raichu

DarkWobbuffet
10th February 2007, 7:14 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Well guys, break out the BBQ sauce, there's going to be a troll-roasting tonight. >_>

Aside from that Ebiwaraa vs Goriki show at the begining, a pretty drab episode. It was nice to see a Raichu being reconized for it's cuteness though. See Pikachu-lovers? Pikachu can evolve and still be cute. :D

Bobaboba
7th August 2007, 2:54 PM
Will they show Jynx when this episode airs next monday?

Battra
15th August 2007, 7:13 PM
A nice filler episode, I like the Pokemon talking with the help of Va's. As for Kay and her Raichu I think they could've been better handled and a bit more developed.

pipersgirl™
20th August 2007, 11:57 PM
This epidsode was one of my favs! I loved the Mr. Mime!

HikariTajiri
6th February 2008, 8:31 PM
I don't care what you guys say. This is cool and it always will be.

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 8:35 AM
Eh a rather boring episode. I hate episodes like this. Not much besides just Pokemon acting.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 1:34 PM
heh that raichu looked cool in that suit, it was a funny episode if you ask me:P

Blue Snover
6th March 2009, 4:49 PM
Not the best filler episode that the writers have come up with.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 4:57 PM
I love this episode, its cute how the Pokemon ''talk''
^_^ never can get enough

schrik
15th March 2009, 3:31 PM
I hated this episode. particulary the end. I'm 15 years old who watch old episode and my mom comes at the end. when they dance with a little music for 2 minute... I was like ''Hey mom! it's not me! i'm not listening this!''

Ice T. Sackboy
8th April 2009, 5:23 PM
This episode was very cool and exciting because TR causes trouble on a showboat, stealing away all the actress' Pokemon, including Kay's Raichu.

Indy
21st April 2009, 3:27 AM
heh that raichu looked cool in that suit, it was a funny episode if you ask me:P

I am glad you liked my suit!

I liked this episode; I thought it was rather cute.

Tadashi
31st August 2009, 6:39 AM
What was with that Clefable and Hitmonchan? That story was bizarre, lol

That Raichu was oddly cute. Despite that it cowered, it was nice to see it bond with its trainer in the end. Still a very forgettable episode, though.

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 10:37 AM
Great episode.
I loved to hear Clefable and Hitmonchan's voices, this was great...
And i loved Raichu, it was cute.

Lorde
8th January 2010, 7:14 AM
The whole episode was bizarre. Not the most exciting Filler that's for sure.

Glad we had Team Rocket to spice things up on that miserable steamboat. I thought the COTD's Raichu was cute thought.

A little too musically for my taste. 1/10

Caseydia
10th November 2010, 1:29 AM
I guess no one else but me thinks that Kay and Ash is a good couple.

G50
7th February 2011, 12:41 PM
It was an ok episode. It was nice to see Raichu in an episode again. The talking with lip sync was definitely something different to see. It was almost realistic. The girl who was of her Raichu at 1st was very confusing the 1st time I watched this.

30/100

Painkiller2001
9th March 2011, 6:55 AM
Seeing other Pokemon besides Meowth "talk" was definitely really cool to see.
I actaully though they were talking themselves at first!

And, poor Raichu! I just wanted tu hug 'im when he was scared!

Aquarelle
26th March 2011, 12:46 PM
I found this to be a decent episode. It was quite interesting to see Pokemon acting out live performances. At first, I really thought that the Pokemon were talking, and thought that it was amazing that so many more Pokemon were capable of doing that. When it showed that they were voiced by real people, I felt a little disappointed. I really liked the show at the end because I've always liked the costumes Pikachu and Raichu wore.

Vernikova
28th October 2011, 12:57 AM
This episode. The end is so cheesy. I liked the whole traveling dub group idea as well as the Pokémon pretending that they could speak. There was no need for Ash and Tracey to get involved but whatever.

Calamity™
20th January 2012, 3:21 PM
This episode was a bit boring in my opinion, it was nice to see Raichu dressed up though. The whole plot of Raichu and that girl was lame. It only got slightly interesting when Team Rocket joined. Funny that they thought the Pokémon were actually talking.

Blessed
30th January 2012, 5:21 PM
This was a nice & cute episode. I loved the whole pokemon lip sync thing & the ending was so cute seeing all the pokemon dancing.

AquaMilotic
6th February 2012, 7:40 PM
It was years ago when I saw this episode for the last time, but I still remember it, because I remember all Original Series episodes. I enjoyed it. Pikachu and Raichu looked great in those costumes at the end of the episode. 8/10.

7threst
4th September 2012, 10:42 AM
I love the voice-overs at the beginning with that battle. It was definitely interesting. It's maybe contradicting to say, but these fillers feel like they have some sort of purpose, whereas later filler episodes really didn't have that as much.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:13 AM
Ahh, any episode where there's spotlight on a Raichu I will like. :3 I liked how Raichu was scared to get close to its Trainer. I'm glad they worked out. And they showed Jynx's foot in this episode as well.

PokemontrainerY
14th July 2013, 11:37 AM
This episode was a medicore filler, but it was interesting to see Pokémon act out live performances. The idea of real people lip-synching those Pokémon was nice too.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 4:42 AM
Seeing other trainers talk for their Pokemon for a performance was really awesome to see! :0

Lorde
16th November 2014, 6:17 AM
I liked the idea of the steamboat setting and all, but I wish more had been done with that than just a generic stage show subplot. Alas. Anyway, I liked that Ash and Pikachu helped Kay and Raichu practice their performance skills because apparently Ash's a theater expert, and I cackled wildly when Hitmonchan attacked James with Fire Punch.