PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye, Psyduck! (093)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 10:10 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/093.gifBye Bye Psyduck!!

After stopping on another Island to rest, Misty notices her Psyduck's tail is glowing, a nearby trainer says it may mean it's time for it to evolve. So Misty challenges her to battle and when she finds she has a Golduck, she easily beats the trainer. However Team Rocket have other plans. Can Misty protect the Pokémon and her new Golduck?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/093.shtml)

Discuss

Togemon
23rd October 2004, 8:56 PM
I loved this episode, it was so funny XD But before the episode, I knew Psyduck wouldnt evolve, but the episode almost fooled me.

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 1:49 AM
How come Psyduck's tail just stopped glowing?

Blackcat88
4th November 2004, 1:56 AM
as if brock wasn't enough, they had to add in a pokemon (golduck) just like him.

overall, this was a nice episode. and i think it was the first time golduck was in the anime.

wobbanut
19th January 2005, 4:56 PM
This was one of the first Pokemon episodes I ever saw, and I still enjoy it. :) I love the golduck in this episode, especially the part when Misty says "It's just a Pokemon version of Brock". LOL :D The second-best part has to be when Misty and Marina keep talking back and forth, and Ash asks if this is going to take all day. LOL

I'm glad Psyduck didn't evolve, because he's so great the way he is. It would have been interesting if he did evolve, though.

vulpix
31st March 2005, 7:17 PM
this episode was soo funny expeually when Misty through an empty pokeball,oh and when Misty stated that Golduck was a pokemon version of Brock!

PokeFan4Ever7783
17th May 2005, 6:21 AM
I have to say this episode actually had me fooled. Hey it's anime you never know what their gonna pull. This was a really enjoyable episode. Too bad for Misty her Psyduck didn't evolve into Goldduck. Oh well maybe Misty will get lucky someday! ;055; :D

Zen
26th June 2005, 2:01 AM
I wish Psyduck had evolved into that Golduck, I loved that duck and he was very powerful

Lil Brother
18th July 2005, 5:50 AM
This episode tricked me, I couldn't believe they evolved such a popular character. Then I hit my forehead when the "secret" was revealed. Definetly one of, if not the, best Orange Island episodes.

9/10.

pisces_beedrill
6th August 2005, 8:52 AM
the show was funny, especially the ending!

kukkyou_ooraka
6th August 2005, 9:14 AM
the show was funny, especially the ending!

I believe this episode was the only one that really tricked me into thinking something would happen, but didnt. Except maybe the episode where Misty and Brock leave.( I thought Brock was staying, and Misty would show her true fellings to Ash.) And none of it ever happened..."sigh"...oh well.lol

Blaziken master
28th August 2005, 5:22 PM
The golduck in this episode was awesome,the way it could stand on a water twister.By the way what was the light ball that struck arbok on the chest?

Aptenodytes
2nd November 2005, 2:09 AM
hilarious episode and it was one of the best ones in the orange islands! 10/10 and if you give it any lower your crazy!.... jk

Psydaquil
2nd February 2006, 10:55 PM
THis was by far my favorite Orange Island episode, and I think it may even be my favorite overall. I actaully belived that Psyduck had evolved. The Goldduck in this ep so so coool.

Gravy
20th April 2006, 4:56 PM
I have a quick question. Was the Golduck's voice dubbed over in this episode?
I'm aware of the fact that the same voice it had here in the dub was used for Katie's Golduck in the Houen league. But I also know of 4Kids' tendancy to replace japanese voices with older versions on a few occassions.

GoggleHead
21st April 2006, 10:59 PM
I liked this one. I liked it because I thought one of the main characters Pokemon had actually gotten stronger. Psyduck was annoying.

Blaziken master
21st April 2006, 11:41 PM
I have a quick question. Was the Golduck's voice dubbed over in this episode?
I'm aware of the fact that the same voice it had here in the dub was used for Katie's Golduck in the Houen league. But I also know of 4Kids' tendancy to replace japanese voices with older versions on a few occassions.
I'm sure it wasn't as I remember Kaede's golduck had the same voice.Correct me if I'm wrong

~Water Lucario~
22nd May 2006, 8:10 AM
Remember the ep when Misty thought her Psyduck evolved into Golduck during the Orange Islands. Psyduck's tail was glowing in the ep. and Misty was told it was going to evolve but it never did...

What do you think.

dannyphantomhott
23rd May 2006, 2:18 AM
This episode was freakin halerious LOL. I laughed at a lot of the parts, I'm glad I have it on my DVD so I can watch it whenever I want. I loved how Misty and the new trainer got along and liked talking about water Pokemon, and Ash was all being annoyed by it LOL. Too funny. I wonder what would happen if they added two girls on the team instead of boy's. Ash would probaly have a heart attack LOL. Over all one of my favorite episodes, tis pretty good.

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 9:12 AM
Golduck rocked. Psyduck should of evolved imo. That Golduck was so much like Brock it wasnt funny. 7/10

Umi Mizuno
24th August 2006, 5:45 PM
I really liked this episode, it was the first episode of the OI I saw and it was hilarious. Especially Misty's expression after she finds out that Golduck isn't hers.

darksuicune75
24th August 2006, 5:48 PM
i never saw that episode

Ashy Boy
26th August 2006, 7:32 AM
The only thing I didn't like about the ep was when Ash and Co were faced with a tough choice: hand over his Pikachu or lose Marina's pokemon. Thankfully, Golduck managed to foil that plot.

PumpedAaron
11th November 2006, 11:28 AM
Golduck is cool but Psyduck is lazy, I miss Golduck.

But the fun is watching Misty give Psyduck a headache:P

Pacman
28th November 2006, 5:10 PM
Misty's Psyduck should have evolve. A Golduck would really suit Misty, IMO.

ShinyManafi
22nd December 2006, 2:41 AM
LOL, The end of this was so funny, Psyduck just came out and Golduck ran off to the girls, lol

Redeevee
22nd December 2006, 2:45 AM
the pics for that ep are wrong. i did like this ep tho. i liked marina (?)

Battra
22nd August 2007, 2:05 PM
My all time favorite Misty episode, watching Misty and Marina go gaga over water Pokemon and Golduck was absolutely hilarious. Poor Misty she thought her Psyduck had evolved and to bad it didn't as much as I love Psyduck it would've been nice to see it evolve and still not know how to swim. Misty's reaction at the end upon realizing she fell for a Pokemon version of Brock was very hilarious, it's payback for all those times she carted away Brock and complained about Psyduck ah Karma it's a pain, though this incident is probaly why she's so hard on Brock in Johto.

PamperedPersian1
22nd August 2007, 2:23 PM
Misty's Psyduck should have evolve. A Golduck would really suit Misty, IMO.

Sure a Golduck would suit Misty, but, Psyduck is hilarious! And, plus, that kind of character wouldn't suit a Golduck, not being able to swim and getting headaches and all that funny stuff.

Batdude
19th May 2008, 6:52 AM
"It's just a Pokémon version of brock..."

This ep was great, Golduck hadn't been shown in that way before, and it used some pretty slick attacks. It kind of draws attention to the fact that some Pokémon are clearly far superior to others, given that Golduck totally owned everything it was put up against...

Ha, I remember when Psyduck reappeared at the end and just kinda looked up at Golduck with that expression on it's face. Golduck just looked back, and gave it a thumbs-up... Cute stuff...

(s.i.e)
5th July 2008, 3:18 PM
psyduck is way too goofy i like golduck more.

Blue Snover
8th October 2008, 12:44 PM
The look on Psyduck's face when it appeared near the end of the episode cracked me up, it just stared at everyone with a blank look, not even realising what was going on.

Tadashi
8th October 2008, 9:00 PM
Oh I remember this! The Golduck that was "just like a Pokemon version of Brock" *turns to dust and is blown away by the wind*, if I remember correctly.

This Golduck was just awesome XD; I was a bit disappointed when it turned out not to be Misty's... =\

pokeguru
19th October 2008, 4:16 PM
Just when I thought brainless Psyduck evolved into the brainful Golduck... :(

GoodPokemonTrainer121
31st October 2008, 12:58 AM
I wished Psyduck could evolved to Goldduck !! =(

dagon22
18th November 2008, 5:37 AM
I thought that psyduck had evolved! I was so fooled. The battle between the two was great! It was nice to see someone else besides Ash fighting for once.

milenadrg
24th November 2008, 9:17 PM
Really stupid. Why didn't he evoloved?
To became a super strong powerhouse or stay as an little duck who don't know to swim...

schrik
28th December 2008, 6:10 PM
Hahaha.

The first episode where i got trick in the whole pokemon universe.

Igottapoo
6th January 2009, 11:24 PM
Good good episode. I wish Psyduck really had evolved. I hate him so much D:

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 2:40 PM
I just wished Psyduck really did evolved into Golduck..he's so cool

Blue Snover
7th April 2009, 10:26 AM
I think deep down Misty was a little glad that her Psyduck hadn't evolved, because it might not have had the same simple personality, and i think she would have missed that.

Ice T. Sackboy
8th April 2009, 1:18 PM
This one sure is one of my personal favorites.
When Golduck sends away team rocket with the hyper beam it rocks a lot. spectacular action and still that peacefull scenery does it all. It's what the pokemon magic is all about.

Surfer_Dude
27th September 2009, 7:45 AM
hahahaha turns out psyduck didnt evolve :P

Golduck is a ladies man...er duck...

Lorde
26th November 2009, 10:04 AM
Great episode since it was really entertaining plus it included the debut of my favorite Water Pokemon - Golduck. The battle between Misty and Marina itself was interesting and then the ending surprised me, since I thought Psyduck had really evolved into a Golduck. I was depressed when the Golduck just got up and left to be with other girls. A disappointment, but it gets a 10/10.

Ash-kid
8th December 2009, 9:37 AM
I was very sad when it was releaved that Golduck isn't Misty's.

And the battle was not bad, but it over too fast.

Swampert_trainer
25th December 2009, 3:54 AM
I love this episode. My favorite part was when Misty and and Marina were talking about their love for water Pokemon. I actually believed Psyduck had evolved and was a bit dissapointed when it turned out he did not.

popcorn dragon
6th January 2010, 2:52 AM
I loved the Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite reference in the beginning. I watched this recently and realized when it was using confusion it stuck up its middle finger.XD

JohnLee
1st February 2010, 12:40 AM
Great episode plus the debut of my favorite Water Pokemon Golduck.

The battle itself was interesting and then the ending surprised me. I thought Psyduck had really evolved ;_;

Disappointment, but it gets 10/10

I thought it had evolved too!
Then, I got sad because psyduck was gone!
Then, I was happy because it didn't evolve!
Definitely a roller coaster episode!
I wonder how psyduck is doing now.
I hope that he can atleast swim by now.

AquaMilotic
1st December 2010, 1:28 AM
I was relieved to find out Psyduck didn't evolve. I always found him/her very funny, and Misty needs someone to bully, and she has two: Ash and Psyduck.

Also, Mistys reaction, the comparation at the end with Brock was nice.

A good episode, humorous.

Milotic

waterstone10
25th December 2010, 8:36 PM
I like that it was the first showing of a pretty decent water pokemon battle until the Whirlcup. Goldeen finally got to battle, Staryu knocked out Tentacruel in one hit and Golduck beating Starmie (Also seeing a Starmie battle since Misty left hers.)

G50
7th February 2011, 11:44 AM
this was an ok episode. Too bad Psyduck didn't really end up evolving... Golduck's moves were really cool, the way it does them unlike how psyduck does the attacks. Golduck definitely liked Misty.

30/100

Painkiller2001
9th March 2011, 6:20 AM
I thought Mistys Psyduck actually evolved! It really had me fooled for a minute!

Nevertheless, Golduck is kind of an awesome Pokemon now! Who apparently likes to impress the ladies the way Brock does!

Aquarelle
27th March 2011, 12:28 PM
This was a very funny episode, especially at the end where the Golduck was trying to impress those girls (a Pokemon version of Brock indeed!).

I too thought Psyduck had evolved. It made me sad because I really liked Psyduck and thought it would be gone forever. So, I was very happy (and surprised) to see Psyduck pop out of the Pokeball at the end.

MidnightMelody
27th March 2011, 12:38 PM
Very confusing as a kid lol

TheEpicGoomba
8th May 2011, 11:34 AM
To bad that Psyduck didn't evolve I love Golduck soo much 7/10

Ivanka
12th August 2011, 4:16 PM
Lol I loved this episode because I did end up thinking that Psyduck would evolve into Golduck. Like the majority of people, I'm glad it didn't evolve. Psyduck's been one of my all time favourite Pokemon on the anime series just because of how aggravated Misty gets with it. xD

Vernikova
29th October 2011, 12:01 AM
Golduck was so cool. Marina's useful Psyduck was a great change of pace from Misty's useless one. Now I kind of wished that Psyduck actually evolved while Misty was on the show. It was nice that Ash and Tracey weren't as involved here as they usually are.

Calamity™
20th January 2012, 2:25 PM
Yeah it was nice to see an episode that's not based mainly around Ash. I would have been quite sad if Psyduck had evolved because Psyduck has got to be one of the best Animé Pokémon ever. The Golduck was quite creepy. I didn't think it was possible for Pokémon to be like Brock...

TheSirPeras
23rd January 2012, 6:04 PM
this was a nice episode... psyduck showing all his intelligence XD

Blessed
30th January 2012, 2:43 PM
One of my favorite episodes of the Orange Islands. Misty & Marina's fixation for Water Pokemon was my favorite part and Ash just standing there was hilarious. Marina would have been a great rival for Misty. Someday I hope both of them will be able to catch one of the legendarys that live in the ocean, just like they promised they would.

7threst
4th September 2012, 9:50 AM
Great episode that primarily was focused on Misty. I actually was quite happy that Psyduck remained Psyduck. What I rather hope for is that hopefully after Unova is finished, Misty reappears and then she has a awesome Golduck. I'm quite certain she will like Golduck the most - it's awesome water Pokémon so she must have fond for something like that.

pacman000
19th October 2012, 5:19 PM
I remember this being one of the better Orange Island Episodes. Golduck was cool, but his interest in Misty could be ...disturbing, if you think about it too much.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 4:14 AM
Haha. I guess since Brock was gone they had to have someone flirt with the girls. I would have liked it better if was Misty's Staryu vs Marine's Starmie better than what they were matched up against.

Flo
5th February 2013, 12:22 AM
'It's a Pokémon version of Brock'.

I laughed there~

*~Silver*~
24th February 2013, 7:31 AM
'It's a Pokémon version of Brock'.

I laughed there~

Me too. xD
There was that and Misty's complaint that everyone said bad things about Phsyduck then Ash going, "The one who said most of those things was Misty..."

MattySadler
1st March 2013, 12:36 PM
Yeah haha, the Pokemon version of Brock was a great quote and reference to him, considering at the time we had know idea he'd ever come back. Great episode focusing on Misty, shame Marina never appeared again though!

Shayminslicker
6th March 2013, 1:14 AM
Golduck at the end was perfect. "The Pokemon version of Brock" I'll never forget those words XD

Shneak
27th June 2013, 5:35 AM
By far my favourite Orange Islands episode. I love Misty and Psyduck's relationship, and the episode is really good with the fakeout. The CotD was also decent and a good battler.

p96822
2nd July 2013, 5:23 PM
This episode suck and why was it needed? Really the battles were too short and not showing my the strengh of Misty or the Oc trainer. Misty did have her durp moments for this episode where she threw an empty Pokeball. Really I think Misty and the other were stupid about psduck evolving into a Goduck because there should've been a shine that Psyduck was evolving. And the fangirling over him was way too much. My stomach ate itself and my brain went south for the winter after seeing that. Team rocket came and caught the Pokemon and Golduck help out. Golduck beat the Oc then revilves itself to be wild and mostly a Pokemon clone of Brock making it even wrost

PokemontrainerY
13th July 2013, 5:44 PM
Man, what a weird episode. Misty being worried about Psyduck at the beginning was good, but at same time it's kinda odd considering how she treated it throughout the series. Eventually a girl named Marina found Misty's Psyduck(not really), and gave it back to her. I thought Marina's design was pretty good... but her personality seemed like almost similar to Misty, since she was just as crazy about Water Pokémon. As I expected, they got along very well. both of them were interested in fishing lures, and they also wanted to catch one of the Legendary Pokémon of the sea. They were so busy talking to each other that they seemed to forgot about Ash and Tracy. I didn't like how Misty said she wanted to trade her 'rare' Psyduck for Tentacruel, it was just dumb. If she truely likes her Psyduck, why would she want to trade it for a Tentacruel? Even if it's a lie, Misty shouldn't have said something like that.

Their constant talking was starting to get boring, but thankfully Marina challenged Misty to a Pokémon battle and she accepts the challenge. During the battle, Misty tossed out a PokéBall to bring out her Psyduck, but it fell into water empty? What? Did Misty forgot how her Psyduck's Pokéball looks like??

Anyway, Misty went to get her Pokéball from water. When she pulled it up, there was a Pokémon's head stuck in it. The Pokémon was revealed to be a Golduck and everybody thought that Psyduck evolved! Misty was extremly happy to see Psyduck evolving into Golduck, so she ran over and gave it a nice hug... which she never did when it was a Psyduck. I faceplamed when Misty said that nobody will yell at it like they did to Psyduck. SHE was the one who yelled at Psyduck the most, and now she's blaming it on the others? Was that supposed to be funny?

The battle between Misty and Marina was getting good, but Team Rocket inturrupted the battle and stole Marina's Pokémon in order to get Pikachu. But their plans backfired when Golduck blastem them off and saved the day! After giving Golduck a loving hug and thanking it, Misty and Marina continued their battle. Golduck defeating Marina's Pokémon made sense since it was clearly stronger than most of her Pokémon.

The episode was good so far, but suddenly it got weird when Misty tried to call Golduck back in its Pokéball.... but Psyduck came out of it! Whoa, Misty's Psyduck was inside her Pokéball the WHOLE time and she didn't even realized it?! It got weirder when Golduck saw some cute girls on the beach and ran off to impress them. So, the Golduck was actually a wild Pokémon and he acted as Misty's Pokémon just to get her attention? Geez, what a ridiculous plot twist. On top of that, the girls started fangirling over Golduck, which made the whole thing even worse. Misty's comment about Golduck being "the Pokémon version of Brock" is true, but weird at the same time. Why would a Pokémon try to impress people like that anyway?

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 3:45 AM
I still thought Misty's Psyduck evolved in this episode. When she sent "her" Golduck out and out popped Psyduck, I was like "what?"