PDA

View Full Version : Navel Maneuvers! (095)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:11 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/095.gifNavel Maneuvers!!

Arriving on Navel Island, Ash meets the Gym Leader Danny who Misty has a crush on. The first challenge Ash must face is to climb the mountain...followed by a geyser freezing contest, an ice carving contest and a mountain race. Will Ash be able to win with this or will he land head first in the snow?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/095.shtml)

Discuss

Waterstar Misty
24th October 2004, 5:05 PM
This was an interesting gym battle, I mean all the other battles before this were mostly or all about battling, but this was all about how you and your pokemon communcate and work together ( I think thats whats the battles were mostly about) The first test Ash of climbing up the mountain was cute, Pikachu was having no trouble at all, but had some trouble. Ash falling off the mountain a little bit after getting mad at Misty for telling Danny to becare and not him was very cute.

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 5:21 PM
This was another great Gym! It was so interesting to see how Danny ran his Gym and I liked when Ash, Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtle had to carve the ice piece and it was hilarious when they had to race down the hill in it and it got smaller and smaller and then they shot into the sea.

chipsyketchum
26th October 2004, 10:04 AM
I really liked this episode...mainly because im a pokeshipper but the orange islands battles were all great because they were different. Charizard helped without meaning to and we saw snow covered mountains and a tropical beach on the one island! Fascinating stuff...

Phantom_Bugsy
30th October 2004, 3:49 PM
I only saw parts of it, but if I were Misty I would've had a crush on Danny too. XD

Teee. I want Danny's shirt. Um.....*lost track of what she was going to say*

Wish we could see him again. O_o

chipsyketchum
30th October 2004, 3:59 PM
Danny was a good looker ;) hehe good on you Phantom Bugsy

Alfonso
5th November 2004, 7:00 PM
I only saw parts of it, but if I were Misty I would've had a crush on Danny too. XD

Teee. I want Danny's shirt. Um.....*lost track of what she was going to say*

Wish we could see him again. O_o

Well, we do *kinda* see Danny again. He was in a flashback, I believe, in 'A Way Off, Day Off' which had a VERY suggesting song playing in the background. (What with the Ash and Danny scenes, and the song, it looked like a shippy music video.) And... he's in another flashback thing too. In 'Hello Pumello'. (It shows all the Orange Island Gym Leaders)

Hee, Danny... he was *so* coming onto Ash. And he had a ICE BEAMIN NIDOQUEEN! Which are awesome, 'cause they are.

Phantom_Bugsy
7th November 2004, 10:21 PM
Well, we do *kinda* see Danny again. He was in a flashback, I believe, in 'A Way Off, Day Off' which had a VERY suggesting song playing in the background. (What with the Ash and Danny scenes, and the song, it looked like a shippy music video.) And... he's in another flashback thing too. In 'Hello Pumello'. (It shows all the Orange Island Gym Leaders)

Hee, Danny... he was *so* coming onto Ash. And he had a ICE BEAMIN NIDOQUEEN! Which are awesome, 'cause they are.

Yes, yes he was. XD

Maybe he just likes flirting with the guys because he knows he's good-looking. XD *hobbles off to make a Danny x Rudy banner* I luff Danny. And I luff Rudy. :D But Rudy wasn't in this ep, so....*kicks* >3

Crystal Latios
9th November 2004, 10:03 AM
Arriving on Navel Island, Ash meets the Gym Leader Danny who Misty has a crush on. The first challenge Ash must face is to climb the mountain...followed by a geyser freezing contest, an ice carving contest and a mountain race. Will Ash be able to win with this or will he land head first in the snow?

Hey Joe, I can`t agree with you. I think, Misty has never had a crush on him.
He was just super nice for her, but probably, he is nice for almost every girl. I belive, Misty wanted make Ash jealous ;) that why she talked to Danny.
She said something like "Young kids are not interesting for me. I like adult guys". Ha! They are not interesting...ha! Everybody knows, she has a big crush on Satoshi!

Sharpshooter
19th November 2004, 5:00 PM
He was just super nice for her, but probably, he is nice for almost every girl. I belive, Misty wanted make Ash jealous ;) that why she talked to Danny.
She said something like "Young kids are not interesting for me. I like adult guys". Ha! They are not interesting...ha! Everybody knows, she has a big crush on Satoshi!

She didn't initially have a big crush on him. Misty only happen to like him as soon he said "I've seen lots of beautiful things on this Island but nothing as beautiful as you!" rather than showing any immediate signs of affection as soon as she met him. That can happen sometimes when someone compliments you such as that and then suddenly you begin to fall for them!

Misty could of been trying to make Ash jealous, she certainly was trying to p*ss Ash off a lot, for example when they walked along the beach and Misty was talking to Danny, and to Ash too you could say as well lol "too bad certain other trainers can think that far ahead" or something along that line. Then a fight broke out.

Mistystar89
9th December 2004, 5:41 AM
I thought this episode was cute and funny. Misty's crush was adorable. I'm glad that Ash won though. 8.9/10

wobbanut
19th January 2005, 6:12 PM
Even though this gym battle was so different from normal gym battles, I still think it was pretty interesting (especially Charizard eventually helping shape the sled with his flamethrower). Danny is definitely one of my favorite gym leaders. I like how Misty kept going gaga over him, and Danny kept assuming things that Ash totally denied (like Team Rocket being his friends). I think this is also the episode that includes the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" joke (James saying "Is that your final answer?"). :)

Torkoal Stu
22nd January 2005, 2:38 PM
This was a well good gym "battle"(well, is wasn't really a battle) but it was great. Nidoqueen was so cool!!! Danny was cool, and it was fuuny when Misty fell in love!

PokeFan4Ever7783
17th May 2005, 7:13 AM
This was an enjoyable episode but too predictable. I think this gym match was one of the lesser exciting ones. It's amazing how Ash wins by the skin of his teeth sometimes though.

thed3
19th July 2005, 11:15 PM
This entire episode was very interesting. I loved the ending with Ash, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle riding in the ice sled-thing.

I thought the Nidoqueen was awesome with Ice Beam. Although I had expected the Ice Beam to come from it's mouth but instead cam off the top of it's horn. That was interesting...

Phantom_Bugsy
2nd October 2005, 2:41 AM
Danny needed to be shirtless. I would have drooled my pants off.

HE'S SO HOT.

This post was pointless!

...YAY FOR HOTGUYSPAM!

Aptenodytes
2nd November 2005, 3:18 AM
pretty good gym battle, even though they didnt battle. there should be more gym battles like this in the future, like once for every region, it would make it much moreinteresting to watch. 10/10 just because the gym battle was unique and fun to watch

Ashy Boy
26th June 2006, 10:36 AM
Great episode even tough the battles were more like tests. The only downside was Misty flirting with Danny and being mean towards Ash.

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 10:03 AM
The "Battle" was good and Danny was pretty kool. Glad ash won. Good epi

Super-Staff
30th November 2006, 2:50 AM
:D This episode was really great. Actually, it was one of my favorites from the Orange Islands season. In general, I liked the way the Gyms were handled in OI. They were probably the most exciting and unique ones in the anime to me.

Danny was my second favorite Gym Leader from the Orange Islands, Cissy being the first. I always found Ash's determination to up-show him to be fun to watch. And Misty's crush on him was rather cute! :)

Danny needed to be shirtless. I would have drooled my pants off.

HE'S SO HOT.

This post was pointless!

...YAY FOR HOTGUYSPAM!

Amen to that!!

ShinyManafi
22nd December 2006, 3:50 AM
Heh, another guy Misty has a small crush on;),anyways, it was a good battle and worth watching

the fist pokeshipping fan
11th April 2007, 7:44 AM
one of my favorites because of its comedy and exciting finish, and the pokeshipping aspect. but this episode also established in my sister's mind that Danny is gay because of his always cheerful nature and voice tone. lol

LavenderFairy51
31st May 2007, 9:05 AM
I love this eppy! Tracey was kinda OP among the "triangle". Ash was jealous of Danny a little i think. Pokeshippiy ep.

Lord of Music
10th June 2007, 1:33 PM
Yeah, for me the only ep where ash was jealous over mist.

Battra
22nd August 2007, 4:12 PM
A good episode, Danny certainly has a very interesting setup to his gym it's probably the most original of all the Orange Island gym's. Was Ash getting jealous of Misty's flirting with Danny?, nice to see Ash showing his feeling for Misty. I like what Jessie said about Danny, "I don't like that guy's attitude it's to positive." I got a laugh out of that and I like how he handled TR the first time. Also congrats to Ash for winning a Sea Ruby Badge and his 2nd Orange League Badge.

GoodPokemonTrainer121
31st October 2008, 2:03 AM
I liked this episode
Misty and Danny make a pretty good couple
But.. Ash and Misty make a better couple =)

Tadashi
31st October 2008, 2:29 AM
Will Ash be able to win with this or will he land head first in the snow?

Oh how I wish that had happened :D

I really liked this episode. Danny was such an awesome, laid back guy... really nice ^_^ I loved watching the sled race, too. All in all, a good ep, I say!

ShinyCharyZard
31st October 2008, 2:48 AM
heh, this first aired on my bday. (dub)

good episode.

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 7:48 AM
This was a good episode. The sled race was just so wacky. :P Good gym episode.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 2:00 PM
the battle with the nidoqueen was fun to watch, i liked this episode.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 2:01 PM
the battle with the nidoqueen was fun to watch, i liked this episode.

Blue Snover
6th March 2009, 4:46 PM
I'm surprised that Lapras lost to Nidoqueen.

Misty drooling over Danny was a little pathetic, it reminded me of how Brock acts around women.

Apart from that it was a good match, and the sledge race was the funniest gym battle i've ever seen.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 4:18 PM
It was funny how Misty liked Danny...
poor Ash XD great episode btw

Ice T. Sackboy
10th April 2009, 1:55 PM
I like the part where Misty goes "I'd never get involved with a little kid like him". Really Misty? Are you sure about that? Cuz the last time I checked you were DROOLING over him! xD

Ash-kid
8th December 2009, 3:01 PM
Good episode.
i loved how Charizard used flamethrower and won for Ash the stage.

Lorde
9th December 2009, 3:51 PM
Misty likes a random MAN named Danny, not very good for the US audience.

I liked how there was a challenge and not a battle. A climb to the top, a sled making challenge, and a race to the buttom, very cool.

Glad Ash won in the end, 7/10

G50
7th February 2011, 12:54 PM
This was a great gym challenge. Glad to see Ash win! It was funny when out of the blue Charizard's flamethrower helped clinch a stage. It was very cool to see Ash attempt to climb the Mountain.

60/100

codeyokoo
2nd April 2011, 12:53 PM
The first series of the anime were the best...
Ash officially grew 10 for the 15th time lol ;p

Painkiller2001
25th April 2011, 5:53 AM
All my life I've always wanted to see a Nidoqueen in the anime, and I fianlly saw one! Thank you "Navel Manuevers"! Thank you!

Oh, wait, nevermind. I think I've seen one before. Some episode in Galactic Battles, i'm pretty sure.

Aquarelle
14th September 2011, 1:05 PM
I really liked the Gym challenge in this episode. The three parts to the match were very interesting and unique - I especially liked the part where they had to carve out the sled, since I was impressed by how easily Charizard managed to do it.

The part at the beginning where Ash and Danny had to climb up the mountain looks really harsh...I would not like to have to do that. O__o

AquaMilotic
15th October 2011, 1:38 AM
I remember when I saw this episode for the first time in years a year ago, on an old VHS of mine, and I enjoyed it a lot. Great episode, especially because Danny flirts with Misty (Ash's jealousy is funny). Also a nice and different gym challenge. 10/10, one of the many examples of why old episodes (Kanto, Orange Islands and Jotho) are (in my opinion) much better and more enjoyable than the newer anime seasons.

Vernikova
2nd November 2011, 3:14 AM
An okay episode it was cool to see Danny brush off Team Rocket with relative ease. Ash should've lost the race. It was probably the way the writers had him win that threw me off since he was pretty much outclassed from the beginning. I didn't care for Misty or Tracey in this episode.

Calamity™
20th January 2012, 3:43 PM
Misty x Danny was a cute idea. I actually really liked this Gym challenge because of how odd it was. I think it was quite obvious that Ash only won because of a fluke, otherwise Danny completely had that one. I quite liked Danny's character.

Blessed
30th January 2012, 12:32 AM
This episode was really cute, another guy that likes Misty lol. Ash getting jealous again was so hot, Also the racing part in the end was very enjoyable to see.

Falstaff
22nd February 2012, 5:10 AM
Danny was also a Pokeshipper.

Seems a little dangerous to make everyone climb a mountain before the gym battle...Ash nearly died for the hundredth time.

AquaMilotic
22nd February 2012, 11:18 AM
Misty x Danny was a cute idea. I actually really liked this Gym challenge because of how odd it was. I think it was quite obvious that Ash only won because of a fluke, otherwise Danny completely had that one. I quite liked Danny's character.

First of all, Danny and Misty is not a cute idea! And Misty never was attracted to Danny anyways, she just wanted to see if Ash would be jealous, to get confirmation of the fact that Ash is in love with her.

And you are right, Ash was very lucky and didn't deserve to win! But a lucky win is better than an unfair badge, like Ash got in Kanto, multiple times.

Caseydia
26th February 2012, 2:15 AM
First of all, Danny and Misty is not a cute idea! And Misty never was attracted to Danny anyways, she just wanted to see if Ash would be jealous, to get confirmation of the fact that Ash is in love with her.

What? She was attracted to him. Anyone of a lifespan of a million saw that. She was always some how attracted to mature guys. Which makes me wonder why does she would even bother with someone like Ash.

Blessed
26th February 2012, 2:17 AM
What? She was attracted to him. Anyone of a lifespan of a million saw that. She was always some how attracted to mature guys. Which makes me wonder why does she would even bother with someone like Ash.

Making Ash jealous comes into play as well which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Misty did this.

AquaMilotic
26th February 2012, 11:16 AM

She only acted like she was attracted, she wanted to make Ash jealous to test his love. She wasn't attracted to Danny at all. By the way, Danny is too old for Misty. Misty said "I prefer the mature, intellectual type", and she only said that to hide and deny her love for Ash, which is definitely there. Misty isn't attracted to mature, intellectual people, she's attracted to Ash.

Making Ash jealous comes into play as well which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Misty did this.

Not "as well", definitely. If you say "as well", you make it seem like Misty was also attracted to Danny, which she never was.

Caseydia
27th February 2012, 8:56 PM
She only acted like she was attracted, she wanted to make Ash jealous to test his love. She wasn't attracted to Danny at all. By the way, Danny is too old for Misty. Misty said "I prefer the mature, intellectual type", and she only said that to hide and deny her love for Ash, which is definitely there. Misty isn't attracted to mature, intellectual people, she's attracted to Ash..

Again, what? Misty has always been more mature than Ash. This is why she got along with Brock alot other than with the whole ear pulling events. Plus, she did gravitate towards Rudy because he was mature too. Even though she likes Ash, she still thought he was too much of a kid for her. Just like Iris is doing.

Man, girls are something else, are we?

UnbelievableUrsula
3rd March 2012, 1:05 AM
She only acted like she was attracted, she wanted to make Ash jealous to test his love. She wasn't attracted to Danny at all. By the way, Danny is too old for Misty. Misty said "I prefer the mature, intellectual type", and she only said that to hide and deny her love for Ash, which is definitely there. Misty isn't attracted to mature, intellectual people, she's attracted to Ash.

If she was trying to make him jealous it might have been better to go for someone who was a little younger. I felt he was such a cradle robber and that she was a testicle digger.

AquaMilotic
3rd March 2012, 1:32 PM
Again, what? Misty has always been more mature than Ash. This is why she got along with Brock alot other than with the whole ear pulling events. Plus, she did gravitate towards Rudy because he was mature too. Even though she likes Ash, she still thought he was too much of a kid for her. Just like Iris is doing.

Man, girls are something else, are we?

No, Misty was and still is totally in love with Ash. There's definitely more than just liking each other between Ash and Misty. Sorry for being a PokeShipper...

If she was trying to make him jealous it might have been better to go for someone who was a little younger. I felt he was such a cradle robber and that she was a testicle digger.

Danny was just there and there wasn't another option on the island (Tracey, but he might experience Misty faking that she's attracted to him as a little weird). Misty never really fell in love with Danny, and Danny is a pedophile (at least, I assume he is, I think he's 25-30 years old, so he's too old for Misty). And about Misty saying ""I prefer the mature, intellectual type": she and Ash are often in denial about their relationship when it comes up in conversation, this is an example of that.

Caseydia
4th March 2012, 2:49 AM
I just think that they should have been a better way of doing things instead of like that. Since she had a big mouth, she should have opened it more instead of subjecting herself to someone who you said she didn't like.

Falstaff
13th March 2012, 7:09 AM
I think Misty 'did' have a little crush on Danny because he was mature and complimented her (same with Rudy), which is something Ash didn't do very often.

So don't freak out about Misty liking Danny; it doesn't mean she doesn't love Ash! It's just that her relationship with Ash was a constant struggle and she enjoyed being adored now and then.

silent_control
13th March 2012, 8:18 AM
Bulbasaur was an awesome driver!

Caseydia
16th March 2012, 2:19 AM
I think Misty 'did' have a little crush on Danny because he was mature and complimented her (same with Rudy), which is something Ash didn't do very often.

So don't freak out about Misty liking Danny; it doesn't mean she doesn't love Ash! It's just that her relationship with Ash was a constant struggle and she enjoyed being adored now and then.

It didn't mean that she loved him either. It just meant she was playing games instead of opening her big mouth.

silent_control
16th March 2012, 4:26 PM
Anyway, it was fairplay from Ash to stop when Danny felt in Team Rocket's hole.

UnbelievableUrsula
19th July 2012, 7:54 PM
Anyway, it was fairplay from Ash to stop when Danny felt in Team Rocket's hole.

No it wasn't. It was almost a pity badge if he didn't make him finish the challenge.

Hyuuga Neji
31st August 2012, 7:42 AM
Re-watched this today, this was deifnately the lamest of the Orange Islands badges Ash received. I probably liked it when I was a kid, but now...not so much.

CyberCubed
31st August 2012, 7:47 AM
Re-watched this today, this was deifnately the lamest of the Orange Islands badges Ash received. I probably liked it when I was a kid, but now...not so much.

Eh, I liked it well enough. Nice to see Squirtle get more screentime too.

Hyuuga Neji
31st August 2012, 9:15 AM
Eh, I liked it well enough. Nice to see Squirtle get more screentime too.

Danny was pretty boring compared to Cissy, Rudy, and Luana IMO. His interactions with Misty were fun enough though.

7threst
4th September 2012, 5:31 PM
I absolutely enjoyed the hell out of this episode. The whole premise about this gym match was awesome and unique. Just that feeling of Ash having to work together with all of his Pokémon which culminated in that hilarious race was great. This one I strongly remember lol.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
28th September 2012, 5:39 PM
So Ash finds out he has competition for Misty. Overall a great episode.

Caseydia
11th October 2012, 6:50 PM
Danny was pretty boring compared to Cissy, Rudy, and Luana IMO. His interactions with Misty were fun enough though.

That's because he was older and more mature. But as you said, being mature doesn't mean you can't be boring also.

Locormus
12th October 2012, 12:55 AM
That's because he was older and more mature. But as you said, being mature doesn't mean you can't be boring also.

Maybe, I found Drake to be really bland.. But that's just me.. Danny had cool pokemon.. Nidoqueen, Scyther, Electrode.. Pretty cool choices.

Caseydia
12th October 2012, 8:40 PM
Drake was a bit boring than the other champions. This is why I'm not a friend of Dragonite even till this day.

AquaMilotic
25th December 2012, 3:13 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/095.gifNavel Maneuvers!!

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/095.shtml)

Discuss

That's not canon.

I agree. I think she was flattered by Danny's compliment, that she used the "I prefer mature guys" line to hide her feelings for Ash (because Danny knew Misty has feelings for Ash), and that she acted like she was cheering for Danny to motivate Ash. And by trying to make Ash jealous, she could see if Ash would show jealous reactions, to see whether Ash loves her or not. And Ash's jealous reaction was what Misty wanted: Ash showed that he loves Misty.

I also don't think Misty would be attracted to a guy who is two or three times her age.

I'm not saying that Misty liking Danny is impossible, but I don't think Misty is attracted to him. But Misty liking Danny certainly isn't canon.

ArmadaUGS
25th December 2012, 4:25 PM
I agree with you AquaMilotic!

Like you said about the line when Misty says she prefre "mature guys". Okay no one with eyes can deny that Misty likes Ash (I think it's clear Ash likes her too but he has way less hints so I can understand people having a question about that part) which show us one thing. That specific line is not true and is only used to see what reaction Ash will have. This thing with Misty trying to make him jealous is very clear in the entire episode and you can clearly see that Ash is getting angry about it and falls of the mountain cause he gets to distracted by the fact that "Maybe Misty likes him more then me".

AquaMilotic
25th December 2012, 5:29 PM
I agree with you AquaMilotic!

Like you said about the line when Misty says she prefre "mature guys". Okay no one with eyes can deny that Misty likes Ash (I think it's clear Ash likes her too but he has way less hints so I can understand people having a question about that part) which show us one thing. That specific line is not true and is only used to see what reaction Ash will have. This thing with Misty trying to make him jealous is very clear in the entire episode and you can clearly see that Ash is getting angry about it and falls of the mountain cause he gets to distracted by the fact that "Maybe Misty likes him more then me".

I'm glad you agree. Misty didn't really like Danny, but Ash felt like he was a potential threat to his relationship, and acted like that.

Do you also think Misty cheering for Danny was meant to motivate him?

ArmadaUGS
25th December 2012, 9:58 PM
How do you mean with cheering?
Haven't seen the episode for a while so don't remember the episode in detail but is Misty really cheering for him?

I know she tells Danny to be extra carefull when he climbs in those mountains (and Ash ofc is getting angry about it) and yeah that part is most likely to make Ash jealous. If you do get jealous in this situation you will work even harder to win. Misty knows that Ash is very competitive so it's a perfect way for her to try to understand what Ash thinks about her. And if the answer is what she want it to be (like it is) then he will be even more motivated to win. But I don't think giveing Ash more motivation was the biggest reason for why she acted like she did.

She wanted to see if Ash did get jealous and that was the main thing she went for. Even if he ended up more motivated too.

AquaMilotic
25th December 2012, 10:37 PM
How do you mean with cheering?
Haven't seen the episode for a while so don't remember the episode in detail but is Misty really cheering for him?

I know she tells Danny to be extra carefull when he climbs in those mountains (and Ash ofc is getting angry about it) and yeah that part is most likely to make Ash jealous. If you do get jealous in this situation you will work even harder to win. Misty knows that Ash is very competitive so it's a perfect way for her to try to understand what Ash thinks about her. And if the answer is what she want it to be (like it is) then he will be even more motivated to win. But I don't think giveing Ash more motivation was the biggest reason for why she acted like she did.

She wanted to see if Ash did get jealous and that was the main thing she went for. Even if he ended up more motivated too.

Well, I mean this:
- Misty waved at Danny from the cable car, not at Ash.
- Misty offered Danny to share her blanket, she didn't offer that to Ash.

She seemed to support Danny more than Ash, I think it was for jealousy and motivational purposes.

I agree, she mostly wanted to see jealousy, and the motivation was just an added thing.

ArmadaUGS
26th December 2012, 12:40 AM
Okay now I know what you mean. When I think a little bit about it I think she only did it for making him jealous. She has been liking Ash for such a long while so it's not weird she is trying to figure out what he feels and what she is doing is a good way to get a clue at least.

Ash already is so motivated so I don't think Misty feelt he need that. But yeah the fact Ash see Danny as a threat is adding motivation for him too but like you said I think it was a more added thing that came out of her intentions.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:19 AM
Oh this episode had Pokeship written all over it. It was funny to see someone else interest Misty. It was hilarious to see Ash get jealous. Oh this episode. :)

Princess Raspberyl
27th December 2012, 6:14 AM
Oh this episode had Pokeship written all over it. It was funny to see someone else interest Misty. It was hilarious to see Ash get jealous. Oh this episode. :)

In the original didn't Ash only get jealous because he questioned Misty as a friend for rooting for Danny? Just curious is all, it's what I've heard at least. =P I loved the raft building scene, I thought it was awesome. =P Even though I am not a Pokeshipper I can't deny that statement though. =P I do remember Ash getting ticked off and falling off the mountain cuz Misty was paying too much attention to Danny. =P And then there's 'You always hurt the ones you love.' =P

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 6:16 AM
In the original didn't Ash only get jealous because he questioned Misty as a friend for rooting for Danny? Just curious is all, it's what I've heard at least. =P I loved the raft building scene, I thought it was awesome. =P Even though I am not a Pokeshipper I can't deny that statement though. =P I do remember Ash getting ticked off and falling off the mountain cuz Misty was paying too much attention to Danny. =P And then there's 'You always hurt the ones you love.' =P

*Points to the posts above* I didn't want to get caught up in those, so I just posted that. xDDD

moneylesswario
14th March 2013, 6:54 PM
Arriving on Navel Island, Ash meets the Gym Leader Danny who Misty has a crush on.

Gee, I don't remember Misty crushing on Danny in the episode XP

PokemontrainerY
15th July 2013, 7:58 AM
This episode was full of Pokeshipping and Iceraceshipping (Misty x Danny). I found it weird that Misty fell for someone who's too old for her. Just a few words of Danny made Misty fall for him?! -_- .The way danny told Misty " I've seen lots of beautiful things on this island but nothing as beautiful as you " was flirty and weird, I wonder what would he say if he meets May or Dawn someday ? I guess Ash got ticked off because Misty wasn't supporting him and was paying too much attention to Danny. She seemed upset when Ash won and Danny lost.

Danny's " You always hurt the ones you love." line was stupid, Hurting someone you love is not good. I'm glad Ash got the Sea Ruby badge.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 4:51 AM
For a tropical island archipelago, I'm surprised one of these islands get's cold enough to have snow on it.

Lorde
2nd November 2014, 2:25 AM
I really disliked the way that Misty and Tracey basically snubbed Ash throughout the episode, especially the former. I also didn't like Danny; he was too perfect as a character and it was strange watching Ash's determination to win while Danny didn't seem to have much passion in return in my view.