PDA

View Full Version : A Shipful Of Shivers (097)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:12 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/097.gifA Shipful of Shivers!

Arriving on Moro Island, Ash & Co hear about a long lost Orange League Trophy being found on a Sunkern ship, but when Team Rocket steal it, Ash & Co follow. They follow them to a Ghost ship inhabited by a Gastly and a Haunter. Will Ash & Co. get the Trophy back or will they be stuck on this ship forever?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/097.shtml)

Discuss

Psychic Venusaur
28th November 2004, 4:51 AM
Were there a lot of Sunkern on it? Just kidding.
Not much to say about this episode, except that Gastly and Haunter were really loyal Pokemon. Taking over Meowth was funny.

Ororo Munroe
19th December 2004, 9:41 AM
Taking over Meowth was funny.
Yes, it was nice to see that again. This was a nice episode and I like how it showed that the League had been around for quite a long time.

vulpix
19th April 2005, 12:52 AM
it was pretty cool how Haunter used Meowth to communicate with Ash and Co.

wobbanut
30th August 2005, 1:37 AM
I think this was a pretty interesting story. I think Team Rocket inadvertantly prevented disaster by taking the trophy and winding up on the ship that it was stolen from. Who knows what the ghost pokemon would have done if the trophy had stayed in the museum and the ghosts had come after it? Just a little random musing.

Anyway, a few other things I like about the episode are that Victreebel finally gets to attack for the first time, Victreebel going after Meowth :) , Meowth running away with the trophy just as the motto's starting, the looks on Team Rocket's faces when they realize the ship might be haunted, and definitely the flashbacks to the trophy's owner's past. It was funny when he asked who will challenge him next, he points to Ash last, and Ash is more than willing to take him on, even though he's long dead. :)

Red x
12th September 2005, 12:16 AM
I think this was a pretty interesting story. I think Team Rocket inadvertantly prevented disaster by taking the trophy and winding up on the ship that it was stolen from. Who knows what the ghost pokemon would have done if the trophy had stayed in the museum and the ghosts had come after it? Just a little random musing.

Anyway, a few other things I like about the episode are that Victreebel finally gets to attack for the first time, Victreebel going after Meowth :) , Meowth running away with the trophy just as the motto's starting, the looks on Team Rocket's faces when they realize the ship might be haunted, and definitely the flashbacks to the trophy's owner's past. It was funny when he asked who will challenge him next, he points to Ash last, and Ash is more than willing to take him on, even though he's long dead. :)

I will battle you

Heracross
12th September 2005, 12:42 AM
SPAM alert. e_e

Eh, this was a pretty good episode. It had plenty of comical moments in it, as well as giving us an interesting glimpse into the past of the pokémon league.

ChaosMage
12th September 2005, 6:18 PM
This was like every other ghost episode- intertesting, original, wierd and cool. I love any episode featuring the ghosts.

Aptenodytes
2nd November 2005, 3:28 AM
wow great episode! it was fun to watch haunter and gastly, snd the flashbacks were also fun to watch. 9.8/10 for me

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 3:31 PM
A kool epi.It was great seeing the orange league in the olden days. Haunter was kool as always. 7/10

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 3:46 AM
A decent episode, but cool ghost pokemon

DaMike52
31st March 2007, 7:19 AM
I thought this was one of the lesser episodes from the orange islands

Battra
22nd August 2007, 5:22 PM
A nice filler episode I like the little history they had on the Orange League but I gotta point out the major lore hole in this episode. The trophy can't be 300 years old if Gastly and Haunter are in regular Pokeballs as they've shown in this episode, that would mean that Prof. Oak is even older than he looks since we've seen what he looks like when he was Ashes age and he wasn't using Pokeballs that were used to he was using a earlier versions of them that had to be dialed to be opened (See Celebi: Voice of the Forest movie.)

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
30th September 2008, 1:08 AM
Oh I remember this episode. I found it cool how we get a glimpse of Ash in the future... Atleast that looked a lot like him.

Mr. Smile
4th October 2008, 12:04 AM
I enjoyed watching this episode. I loved watching Gastly & Haunter control Meowth.

Tadashi
7th October 2008, 3:19 AM
I personally enjoyed learning about the history of the Orange League. Call me a sap for enjoying cool historical stories.

... Ok and the fact that Gastly and Haunter controlled Meowth n_n

HoennMaster
7th October 2008, 9:11 AM
Call me a sap for enjoying cool historical stories.

I with you. Actually, episodes featuring historic stories/legends, or episodes featuring a lot of teaching and tutorial stuff are some of my favorite episodes.

Blue Snover
8th October 2008, 1:41 PM
I think that it was really sweet that Gastly and Haunter were still guarding their trainers trophy after all those years, that's loyalty for you.

Raikipper
4th January 2009, 2:30 PM
I remember noticing another inconsistency with the games in this one, which did always bug me just a little bit (that's the kind of personality I have, I'm afraid) - Ghastly's (or possibly Haunter - it's been a while since I saw it) lick attack shouldn't have worked on Meowth, since he's a normal type, and in the games Ghost attacks have no effect on Normal types (and vice versa). Oh well, obviously it's futile to complain, but it is fun to nitpick.

Igottapoo
6th January 2009, 11:13 AM
I love love love Haunter. It's awesome how he took over Meowth. Quite the episode we got here if I do say so myself.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 2:20 PM
it was a nice episode, that ship looked very spooky when i first saw it.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 3:52 PM
Nice episode, Haunter is my fave ghost Pokemon so its a good epi imo..

Ash-kid
10th December 2009, 10:16 AM
Great episode,
i loved to see about Orange league's past, it was cool,
And Gastly & Haunter were so lonely....

Lorde
10th December 2009, 3:40 PM
A good episode that was prefect for a Filler.

I liked the story overall; two Ghosts causing mischief. I liked how they used Meowth to tell their story and how Ash and Co. got a peek at the Orange League tournament.

10/10

Armaldo48
5th January 2010, 12:21 PM
The story was a little unbelievable, but the appearance of a Haunter made it good.

6.5/10

G50
7th February 2011, 1:05 PM
Seeing and learning about the history of the Orange League and Trophy was really cool. Seeing Gengar and Haunter again was really cool, and the best part.

30/100

hever
2nd March 2011, 1:46 AM
This episode was haunting. I like seeing Seadra in the episode, but that's about it.

7/10

Painkiller2001
25th April 2011, 6:34 AM
I like how they actually had those numbered crime scene tags (those things labeled "1", "2", "3"...)

Where did Jessie get that hammer?

God, Victrebells voice cracks me up!

Vernikova
4th November 2011, 12:42 AM
Once again, Jessie, James, and Meowth show that they can be competent criminals if they ever stopped chasing after Pikachu. You'd think they would've gotten further in one night than they did. Still, it's a bit silly that this gang of criminals are running away from a group of ten-year-old kids and Tracey. I known it happens every episode but it just seems especially silly in this one.

Calamity™
21st January 2012, 4:48 PM
I absolutely loved this episode. It's definitely one of my favourites from the Orange League. Loved seeing the Ghost Pokémon and how loyal they were. A fabulous filler!

Blessed
30th January 2012, 5:16 PM
A creepy episode, but with an interesting story... I liked how they gave a history on the Orange League, I enjoyed it.

AquaMilotic
6th February 2012, 7:54 PM
I have this one on DVD. I agree with Angel that this gives the Orange League some history, which is a very good thing. The Ghost Pokemon talking by using Meowth was great. I think I'll give this episode 10/10.

Aquarelle
2nd May 2012, 10:14 AM
Pretty good episode. I like these spooky episodes with Ghost types, I find them quite interesting. I liked the flashback showing the captain of the ship and what happened to him. I've always liked historical things, so seeing a trainer from 300 years ago was pretty cool.

32er
15th June 2012, 11:04 PM
Very nice episode, thought it was pretty funny too.
10/10

7threst
5th September 2012, 8:47 PM
Yeah, this episode really did a solid job in back grounding the whole history of the Orange League in a interesting, non-boring way. That is what makes this episode in my regards good. The fillers are just nicely done as a mix from events that happened in this season.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:21 AM
Ahh, I liked this episode a lot. I loved Gasty in it. I would have enjoyed if there was a Gengar as well. But, it would have been too similar to the Lavender Tower episode.

PokemontrainerY
14th July 2013, 10:01 AM
This episode was haunting. I enjoyed learning the history of the Orange League, it was interesting. I liked how Gastly and Haunter were still gurading their trainer's trophy, those Ghost Pokemon were loyal to their trainer.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 4:56 AM
I like it when the anime does these kinds of episodes. The one's where Ash and co. look around some haunted and spooky building/location.

Lorde
2nd December 2014, 1:26 AM
I cackled when Team Rcoket snuck into the exhibit where the trophy was showcased and snatched it. I liked the short chase scene when TR were in that Seadra boat and I screamed when that haunted ship appeared in the fog; it was so ominous. I disliked that Togepi went missing though, but seeing the ghost try to get the trophy back was funny.