PDA

View Full Version : Tracey Gets Bugged! (099)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 10:13 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/099.gifTracey Gets Bugged!

Arriving on Morcott Island, Ash & Co. discover a wounded Scyther, after Capturing it, Tracey must take it to the Pokémon Center. While there he discovers the Scyther got dethroned from bein in charge of his group. Can Tracey Help it?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/099.shtml)

Discuss

ChaosMage
25th October 2004, 3:00 PM
A Scyther episode. Why was it not good?

3/10

Factory Head Noland
25th October 2004, 3:18 PM
I liked this episode, I felt sorry for Tracey's Scyther....
But at least he caught it!!

wobbanut
25th October 2004, 10:30 PM
This episode is great when it comes to Team Rocket. Jessie getting her hair cut off is so funny. Though you feel bad for her, it's great when she goes psycho on the scythers, looking for revenge. :D I also love Meowth's huge eyes when he sees her with her hair cut. LOL

Raize
25th October 2004, 10:33 PM
This Episode was one I liked a lot It was sad and cool at times seeing his Scyther get the boot at first makes me mad but it was a good eppy in all and yeah when Jessie got her haire cut off was hilarious

8/10

Ryuu
18th November 2004, 5:18 PM
Tracey's Scyther...it was too old. :(

Anyways, he was not a trainer so it does not really matter. I would have been very angry if Ash had caught that particular Scyther. It's old and weak.

Gigi
19th November 2004, 7:37 PM
Tracey's Scyther...it was too old. :(

Anyways, he was not a trainer so it does not really matter. I would have been very angry if Ash had caught that particular Scyther. It's old and weak.

You mean old and experienced! :P Okay, okay... He was old. x.x() Makes you wonder how old. x.x It'd be neat to see him evolved if Kenji was the evolving type, y'know?

Torkoal Stu
27th November 2004, 12:03 PM
;018; i loved this ep because when jessie got her hair cut off i was in histerics also i liked it when tracey did the i caught scyther and ash was telling him how to do it.

Sharpshooter
21st December 2004, 6:14 PM
Episode wasn't too bad, the fact that the older Scyther lost it's battle to a younger one was nicely set up in order for Tracey to capture it (or to look after it).

I quite liked the way they worked the Team Rocket motto here with regards to Jessie losing her hair lol.

vulpix
18th April 2005, 11:50 PM
i didn't really want Tracey to get a Syther.

Medea
20th April 2005, 1:30 AM
i didn't really want Tracey to get a Syther.
How come? Is it because he doesn't seem the type to have a Scyther and should have something like a Smeargle?...Okay, I'm putting too much into this!

ChaosMage
27th April 2005, 6:01 PM
What? Scyther rocks! I'd love Tracey with a Scizor even more, though!

Black Marauder
30th April 2005, 1:59 AM
ahahahahahaha..........jessie got her hairy hair cut off...and sythcer was great.

Feity
20th September 2005, 9:10 PM
Heh, in this episode Jessie gets her hair cut by a Scyther,then in the first Saffron Contest episode, she gets it cut by a Scizor.

Aptenodytes
1st November 2005, 7:30 PM
i loved this episode. scyther was cool and it was good to see that a main character at the time caught one

JONNO.FRESH
16th July 2006, 7:26 AM
Tracey catching Scyther was pretty obvious as it was in the oppening. Anway a really good epi. Scyther was kool and Jesse's haircut was lol. 8/10

Ashy Boy
16th July 2006, 1:04 PM
Jessie really went mental on the Scyther for cutting her hair short. She was hilarious. Didn't like Misty's bug phobia though.

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 2:53 AM
Funnies part- Jessie's hair being cut, and it was cool Tracey got Scyther

MechaBulba
21st December 2006, 1:12 PM
I just resaw this ep and it was sweet.

Some of the Pokemons faces in this ep are quality like
Arbok fulling on the ground
Victroebell seeing that razor leaf did not work
and Venonat being scared of scthyer

Tracy also showed that he would infact be a gd battler if he trainned his pokemon more.

The one problem with this ep was Mistly saying that she wasw not scared of tracy's venonat becuase its not a bug type which we all know is wrong since it is a bug type.

;049;

Battra
29th August 2007, 3:43 PM
An enjoyable episode, I like Scyther and i'm glad Tracy caught it, the moments that stood out Jessie being pure evil with her hair having been cut, and Ash teaching Tracy how to "properly" say you've caught a Pokemon.

Juuhachigou
28th September 2007, 5:18 AM
Ahhhh poor Jess, she grew her hair back quite quickly though, lol!

Walcott
26th March 2008, 9:16 PM
This EP was absolutley amazing. I loved how Tracey captured Scyther and just loved the episode storyline.

Mr. Smile
4th October 2008, 2:11 PM
I love this episode. It's always great to see one of the main characters capture a new Pokemon. I thought that Tracy's Scyther was very courageous and is really a true battle warrior.

ShinyCharyZard
4th October 2008, 2:52 PM
Scyther, the Grandaddy of all Main Cast Pokemon...he was always my 2nd favourite in the Orange Islands...after Lapras...

Tadashi
7th October 2008, 2:21 AM
lmao... oh poor Jessie...

I don't remember much from this episode, but I do remember a cool Scyther, an older, more experienced Scyther that often gets winded in battle, but hey, it takes all kinds.

The Scyther was cool, and it's ok that Tracey caught it... but I didn't like Tracey that much ^^; Sorry guys!

kingkoopa1080
17th November 2008, 8:10 AM
Good episode just because of Scyther.

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 12:20 AM
A good episode. Despite it's age, I quite like Scyther. I'm glad Tracey got it.

CyberCubed
7th January 2009, 6:10 AM
Tracey's Scyther always seemed an attempt to make Tracey look "cool."

lol. Too bad it didn't last long. Tracey leaves like 10 eps after this.

pokemonprincess17
19th January 2009, 6:57 PM
How come nones commented on the end where Tracy says I caught a scyther & Ash says hes doing it all wrog and shows him how 2 say it and pose properly (best part of episode)

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 11:50 AM
isn't this the episode where jessie's hair got cut? that was such an epic moment:P

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 2:49 PM
I love this Episode Scyter is a cool Pokemon and really fits Tracey

Blue Snover
7th April 2009, 10:23 AM
I think Scyther made a good edition to Tracey's little team.

It was a shame that it lost the fight against the other Scyther, but at least with Tracey it won't have to worry about it anymore.

Ice T. Sackboy
8th April 2009, 1:56 PM
Another great episode that shows Tracey's compassion for Pokemon, the first one being his original appearance with the Lapras. He's really cool. And funny. And now he knows better than to make fun of Misty for her bug phobia. But for the love of God, don't take lessons from Ash! He's created a monster!

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 12:06 PM
I think Tracey's Scyther was strong, but too tired after the battles...
I loved also Scyther's moves, they were fine.

Lorde
12th December 2009, 6:53 PM
Apparently, the writers thought it was a good idea to give Tracey a whole episode to himself, well it wasn't in retrospect. Yeah, he got some character development, but it happened way too late in the Orange Islands saga. Apart from the Scyther issue in this episode, it was pretty much boring. The worst part of it was that this is the only time that Scyther got decent screentime. It doesn't do anything after this episode, really. 2/10.

cazatron
14th March 2010, 11:36 PM
i liked the end with ash showing tracey how things are done, and also scyther is one of my favourite pokemon so it was pretty awesome seeing a principle cast member catching one

RWB
23rd January 2011, 10:07 AM

This "weak" Scyther parried Charizard's flamethrower with a slash. It may not have the best stamina, but it sure isn't weak.

G50
7th February 2011, 12:19 PM
This was a really cool episode! Very glad Tracy caught that Sycther. It was really funny when Jessie's hairt was cut-up and she was freaking out.

59/100

hever
1st March 2011, 10:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Jesse gets weaves. There is no way she can grow her hair that long. And Scyther was cool. I like the Pokemon but I don't like Tracey, so that's a drawback.

6/10

Painkiller2001
25th April 2011, 6:20 AM
Funniest part of the episode: Jessie with really short hair, albeit briefly.

Wow, Scyther is actually a really neat Pokemon now. Glad Tracey has one now!

Zoruagible
3rd September 2011, 3:59 PM
I loved this episode, when I first saw this I was thinking Ash would get Scyther, but I was okay with Tracey catching it.

Caseydia
4th September 2011, 2:32 PM
When looking back at this episode, it makes me feel sad that we never got a chance to see Tracey's Scyther again.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!
24th September 2011, 8:53 PM
I love this episode because Tracey gets a new Pokémon. But I don't like his Scyther that much.

The only part I did not care for is the part when Jessie's hair was cut off, it ruined the episode a little.

This episode gets a 9/10.

Vernikova
7th November 2011, 11:58 PM
I dislike this episode. It was nice to see Tracey get an episode but this one was dull and boring. It sure was annoying seeing Scyther able to defend itself when it barely managed to fly a little while earlier. The ending bit where Ash is teaching Tracey how to pose was pretty funny though.

Aquarelle
26th November 2011, 11:53 AM
Jessie's reaction to getting her hair cut so short was hilarious. :p
I don't blame her for getting mad, though, since she did look really strange with short hair.

Scyther is a really awesome Pokemon, so I was glad that it was caught. However, it is unfortunate that it really didn't get to do much. :/

Calamity™
27th January 2012, 5:48 PM
This episode was sort of boring. Loved seeing Jessie get her hair cut short. I don't think Scyther is a very Tracy~ish Pokémon, but I'm glad he caught it and Ash didn't.

Blessed
30th January 2012, 9:06 PM
An okay episode, Jessie being evil with her hair cut out was hilarious.

AquaMilotic
6th February 2012, 7:09 PM
Great episode! I love Scyther! Great that Tracey got it, even though it deserved more screen time. But good, if it would be one of Ashyboy's Pokemon, it would always be at Professor Oak's laboratory and would get even less screen time. Jessie's hair was funny! XD

7threst
6th September 2012, 6:56 PM
I for one enjoyed this episode because of Tracy's spotlight. For the Orange Islands saga - in which he only appears as a major character - this was perfect to give him some spotlight and getting a awesome Pokémon, Scyther.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 4:27 AM
That Scyther is old age. xD But, it looks cooler than the regular kind though. It's good Tracey got a new Pokemon.

Brownie
3rd April 2013, 3:35 PM
100/10

Without a doubt the best episode ever, Tracey played a huge role without Ash and Misty eating up screentime from him (but they also weren't just in the background), he captures Scyther (where are you Scyther), Jessie gets her hair cut by a Scyther swarm, and the ending with Ash trying to get Tracey to do it correctly was funny, too! Can't these writers do anything wrong?

PokemontrainerY
13th July 2013, 6:29 PM
I'm glad Tracey got a Scyther. It's hilarious when it cut Jessie's hair, she's looking funny with short hair.

Ryukun
22nd September 2013, 6:03 PM
9000/10!!!
BEST EVER EPISODE!!
Why? Because its Tracey's episode!! And his Scyther appears for the first time!!! I love Tracey and Scyther! But then again, I like everything that involves Tracey!! Unless its hate. Then I get ticked.

Did I mention that its the best episode ever?

PokemonJesus123
12th October 2013, 6:18 AM
Tracey's Scyther was simply bada**! It's a shame he wasn't featured that much in the series...
Overall good Tracey episode...I'd give it a 7/10

yuoke
7th November 2013, 5:52 PM
Why did misty say that venonat isn't a bug type?

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 4:02 AM
I still can't get over it when Team Rocket have mowhawks at the end of this episode. Too funny! :)
I never thought I would see Tracy being the one to acquire a new Pokemon.