PDA

View Full Version : The Mandarin island Miss-Match! (101)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:15 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/101.gifThe Mandarin Island Miss-Match!

Arriving on Mandarin Island, Ash & Co. search off to find Prima, a member of the Eltie Four. Once found Ash learns he has a lot to learn about Pokémon. Can Prima teach him what he needs to know?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/101.shtml)

Discuss

Alfonso
5th November 2004, 7:14 PM
AWESOME EPISODE. I'm suprised nobody has replied to this, seeing as how it has Prima in it. 'Course, the *real* reason I like this episode is because of Nathan and his Persian. Yes, I'm aware that the trainer with the Thunderbolting Persian wasn't given a name (Unless he had on in the Japanese version. Anyway care to help?) but since I think he's great, I gave him a name.

I mean, I can hardly call him 'Thunderbolting Persian Guy' can I? Anyway, Nathan aside, it also had Ash getting a very important lesson from Prima and her Cloyster.

Actually, going back to Nathan, I noticed that a boy in the Stadium Crowd has the same shirt has him. So either he's a trend setter, so there is a shop on the Island that sells them. ^_^o

Phantom_Bugsy
5th November 2004, 7:26 PM
Rawr. :D All I remember thinking when I saw this was 'Uhhh.......Prima's got quite the rack.'

I need to rewatch it. But I do remember the Cloyster! It was cute. :3

Crystal Latios
5th November 2004, 7:28 PM
Yes, you are right, sweetie. I like this huge fight between Lorelei and Ash. I bet, Cloyster wasn`t her the best pokemon, but probably it had a level 56, like in game (ok ok, I know, levels don`t exist in anime, but you know... I just wanna say, it was much stronger than Pikachu).
Its weird, Lorelei is so attractive and she lives alone o.O She should find a BF^^

The Big Al
6th November 2004, 3:25 AM
The first thing I noticed on Prima, were the mountains. The only person with bigger breasts in the series was James but those were fake (at least hope they're fake).

We got to see what an Elite was capable of and Ash got flattened. However, Prima (should Lorelei you idiot dubbers) just seemed out of it in this episode. Unless in battle, she wasn't there man.

Jesse GS the II
6th November 2004, 6:19 AM
I've said it before and I may very well say it again - Prima's got a rack that could stop a clock. I was totally blown away by the fact that this didn't make the Banned Episodes list - there are so many shots of Prima's chest, and even the familiar "pan up from the feet to the head" thing zooms right by her entire lower body, then slows down when it hits her endowments.

BTW, Prima is the only female character on "Pokémon" I've ever found attractive - probably has something to do with the fact that her hair is fairly normal.

Ash500
12th November 2004, 6:09 PM
I loved this episode but it could have been better if Ash wasn't so stuck up at the time. I loved Prima's character though. They should give Ash and her another chance at battling again without so much tension.

Crystal Latios
15th November 2004, 10:54 AM
Honestly, its weird, this episode wasn`t banned. Lorelei has so big...you know :p
I belived, they can`t show in "Pokemon" so "evil" things :p She is a good-looking woman.

Medea
15th November 2004, 6:10 PM
This was such a good episode. But every so often, Prima's...boobs kind of set me off. But even more so, this episode wasn't banned! I'm glad it wasn't, but I think that people would have something to complain about Prima having a Jynx. But then again it was for only a few seconds, and I've seen some episodes like that. And I'm surprised that any conservative group hasn't gotten on the case of Prima having big boobs. I'm sorry to say it, but there's no way you can miss them!

Mistystar89
9th December 2004, 5:46 AM
I thought that this was an interesting episode. Misty was officially Prima/Lorelei's fan which was funny. Prima sure taught Ash something important thought. 8.7/10

Squeaky Yugi
12th January 2005, 1:52 AM
I've said it before and I may very well say it again - Prima's got a rack that could stop a clock. I was totally blown away by the fact that this didn't make the Banned Episodes list - there are so many shots of Prima's chest, and even the familiar "pan up from the feet to the head" thing zooms right by her entire lower body, then slows down when it hits her endowments

Hmm, even though Pikachu was pounded into the ground, they mention Ash's "Victory" over Prima in the next epidoe. I just figured out what they meant

wobbanut
12th January 2005, 8:59 PM
You know, I can never think about this episode without thinking of Prima and her torpedo... ah, this is a family forum, so I won't say it. Honestly, how can you even remember her face? The first thing I ever think about her is her... you know. And I'm straight. Speaking of which, I always get a chuckle over the scene where Tracy and Misty are adoring her, and it's *Misty* who's looking at her... you know. ;)

In non-anatomical news, I like that this is the episode where Ash learns that his pokemon fight for him. It was a pretty important point that probably gets overlooked, considering it's the Tracey season and, well, then there's Prima. Ash is also pretty funny when he's demanding fights. That was something that was so hilarious about him in the old days. :)

Alfonso
12th January 2005, 9:21 PM
You know, I can never think about this episode without thinking of Prima and her torpedo... ah, this is a family forum, so I won't say it. Honestly, how can you even remember her face? The first thing I ever think about her is her... you know. And I'm straight. Speaking of which, I always get a chuckle over the scene where Tracy and Misty are adoring her, and it's *Misty* who's looking at her... you know. ;)

In non-anatomical news, I like that this is the episode where Ash learns that his pokemon fight for him. It was a pretty important point that probably gets overlooked, considering it's the Tracey season and, well, then there's Prima. Ash is also pretty funny when he's demanding fights. That was something that was so hilarious about him in the old days. :)

I have the episode of DVD, and have taken a picture of THE scene, and it's pretty obvious (Maybe not as obvious as Misty looking, but...) that Tracey is also starting at Prima's... BREASTS. You shouldn't be worried about saying such a word, you know, considering that every girl has them. XD (Hence why I think getting rid of May's breasts in the Anime manga was stupid. I mean, kids walk down the street everyday and see them.) Sadly, even though Prima practically THRUSTS them into his face, (As well as giving the seagulls a good luck when she lent over the railing to look at the sea.) Ash doesn't really seem interested. :3

Oh, and if I haven't mentioned it before, I believe that the shirt that Nathan (The guy with the Persian and Tauros... I named him. XD) was wearing is some sort of fashionable shirt, because I noticed that a kid in the Stadium audience was wearing one.

Trendy_boy87
14th January 2005, 12:56 AM
well considering may was supposed to be 10 and it doesnt look very good if she has breasts at that age does it. it would just encourages peodos

wobbanut
14th January 2005, 11:40 PM
I have the episode of DVD, and have taken a picture of THE scene, and it's pretty obvious (Maybe not as obvious as Misty looking, but...) that Tracey is also starting at Prima's... BREASTS. You shouldn't be worried about saying such a word, you know, considering that every girl has them. XD (Hence why I think getting rid of May's breasts in the Anime manga was stupid. I mean, kids walk down the street everyday and see them.) Sadly, even though Prima practically THRUSTS them into his face, (As well as giving the seagulls a good luck when she lent over the railing to look at the sea.) Ash doesn't really seem interested. :3

Oh, and if I haven't mentioned it before, I believe that the shirt that Nathan (The guy with the Persian and Tauros... I named him. XD) was wearing is some sort of fashionable shirt, because I noticed that a kid in the Stadium audience was wearing one.

Actually, when I think of THOSE, I think of the related B-word (which rhymes with tubes), not breasts, which I don't feel comfortable saying here. ;) I'll have to double-check that scene again, but I always think Tracey's looking at her more in the face.

Trendy_boy87
15th January 2005, 2:43 AM
boobs and breasts are the same thing

The Big Al
15th January 2005, 3:38 AM
I'm sorry I brought up the boobs. They seem to be the driving force of this thread now.

Jesse GS the II
15th January 2005, 5:29 AM
You didn't bring 'em up, Phantom_Bugsy did (of all people). Besides, they're kind of hard to miss.

Professor Ivy
9th April 2005, 6:07 AM
I like this epiodose. It was very fu I'm get the DVD.

But the real question is...
Is she Lorelei/ Prima?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl/PokemonMoives/Lorelei2.jpg

Jesse GS the II
9th April 2005, 7:29 AM
That's the pan shot I was talking about five months ago.

Medea
9th April 2005, 3:52 PM
*looks up at picture*...I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad that Brock wasn't anywhere near this episode!

vulpix
19th April 2005, 12:59 AM
i kinda thought that Prima was very mellow.

FlareonJupiter
27th April 2005, 3:39 PM
Lorelei/Prima is my favorite Elite 4 trainer (next to Phoebe). I love Cloyster (I train one of my own!). But I'm surprised they aired this episode on Cartoon Network and even on Kids WB a while back. It wasn't banned (thank goodness, this is a great episode!). Lorelei/Prima had a Jynx... um, wasn't Jynx banned from US television?

Phantom_Bugsy
27th April 2005, 3:47 PM
Geez, now Alfonso's given me a REASON to watch this ep again. Thankfully, I have it.

Mmm, Nathan. >__> Nathan > Prima. :D

*hobbles off with her iPod to find songs for Nathan* >___>

Jesse GS the II
27th April 2005, 4:18 PM
Lorelei/Prima had a Jynx... um, wasn't Jynx banned from US television?

Only after this episode aired. It was around Season 3 that the controversy began.

ChaosMage
27th April 2005, 6:57 PM
May's breasts in the manga? I'm not a manga reader, can someone explain?

PokeFan4Ever7783
17th May 2005, 7:08 AM
This episode was kind of mushy. You have to be one with your Pokemon. Blah, Blah,!!!! like we don't know that already.

George's Rodd
17th May 2005, 7:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl/PokemonMoives/Lorelei2.jpg

*Attempts to make love to computer monitor*

*Realizes he's being watched*

Daigo
9th July 2005, 4:04 AM
Umm... In the game Lorelei is hotheaded like me, but they totally reversed her personality in the show

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
1st August 2005, 4:27 PM
I SO Wish I Saw The Episode.I'd Be Like:Woah.

Medea
23rd August 2005, 2:04 AM
I was re-watching this episode the other day and noticed this. When they showed this shot...

...Did anyone else notice that they went fast up her legs and once at the waste it goes slowly to her face?...Just a thought!

Freedom
23rd August 2005, 1:56 PM
^^I didn't remember them to be that BIG! O_O I have to watch that episode again. @_@

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
4th September 2005, 11:20 AM
Yes, you are right, sweetie. I like this huge fight between Lorelei and Ash. I bet, Cloyster wasn`t her the best pokemon, but probably it had a level 56, like in game (ok ok, I know, levels don`t exist in anime, but you know... I just wanna say, it was much stronger than Pikachu).
Its weird, Lorelei is so attractive and she lives alone o.O She should find a BF^^

Trust me,If Me Or A User Named Magic_Box lived in the anime world of pokemon...

(As well as giving the seagulls a good luck when she lent over the railing to look at the sea.) Ash doesn't really seem interested. :3

Lollerskates.

If I were the seagulls...heh,heh,heh...I woner why not?Man,if only Misty wasnt Interested in Lorelei and it was Ash staring at her um...yeah.XD

PokeTrainer7783
7th September 2005, 2:27 AM
First of all when is Ash not acting arrogant? Sometimes I could just smack him. But Prima she was just friggin wierd. Didn't really care for this episode. It was kind of mushy "the well being and working together as a team with your Pokemon" like we haven't heard this enough in the whole entire show!

Swifty
30th October 2005, 9:43 AM
Question: Did they ever explain why the group came back to Mandarin Island? I don't seem to understand why they would come back to an island that they had already visited in "Pikachu Revolts" with no pre-planned intention of doing anything beforehand.

Lorelei2006
8th February 2006, 5:21 PM
Man that episode rocked too bad I did not tape it cause I realy want to see it again.

Dephender
8th February 2006, 5:47 PM
Question: Did they ever explain why the group came back to Mandarin Island? I don't seem to understand why they would come back to an island that they had already visited in "Pikachu Revolts" with no pre-planned intention of doing anything beforehand.

It's not the same island. 4Kids just forgot they had already used the name before.

Lorelei2006
9th February 2006, 1:04 AM
The island they visited in Pikachu revolts was Mandarine north and the Island they were on in Mandarin MissMatch was Mandarine south.

Ashy Boy
15th May 2006, 8:21 PM
The only thing that annoyed me when I watched the episode aside from Ash's cocky attitude is Team Rocket's ridiculous quotes.

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 10:22 AM
An awesome episode. Ash got owned and Prime was so hot. 10/10 for prima

Super-Staff
5th December 2006, 4:07 AM
Wow. I realized that people rarely post in the OI episode discussion thread...

Anyway, this was a good episode. However, I only got to see it once during its initial airing on Kids WB. I still remember Misty and Tracey's reactions to Prima's...endowments. Wow, that was so hilarious! XD It also proved to me that no woman will ever phase Ash... no matter how sexy. Except Giselle and even that was retconned.

I did love the battle between Ash and Prima. Though, I wish I could remember the exact details from it.

Bah, I just need to get the DVDs for this season and watch the episodes again.

ShinyManafi
22nd December 2006, 3:53 AM
Good battle, Ash needed the loss after the boasting from his first victory;)

penngrade6
11th April 2007, 8:42 PM
I thought the battle was good, but I hated how Ash was acting so cocky. As for Prima's 'you know what' I was mystified by it. I am so getting this on DVD

Medea
28th August 2007, 11:42 AM
Okay, I was rewatching this episode on CN last night and surprise, surprise, they played that one part I never saw in the English dub...EVER. It's right before Ash battles that random guy with the Tauros and Persian. Wonderful, that was the first time I ever saw that scene where Ash and Misty go back and forth about battling Prima and during that time, half the screen is taken up by Prima's *holy crap those can't be double d's*. But during the commercial break, I had to remember if it was on my Orange Island DVD and what do you know, it wasn't!

Interesting

Pokefan 2000
28th August 2007, 3:16 PM
with prima and ivy does anyone else noticed that the orange islands female characters had bigger chests than any other season

Battra
29th August 2007, 6:06 PM
Excellent episode it's great seeing Lorelei the second member of the Elite 4 to appear in an episode, she's my favorite, and yes the first thing I noticed when I saw her was her tremendous rack you could smother someone in those. I liked how Misty and Ash were going back and forth on whether or not Ash could defeat Lorelei, it's to bad Ash got so cocky but i guess it happens sometimes when your on a winning streak, nice that Lorelei brought him down a couple of notches. Anyone else notice that Jynx uses an Ice Punch attack to freeze TR instead of an Ice beam like what Lorelei mentioned, I guess we can add that to the list of small mistakes 4kids did in the dubbing process.

HikariTajiri
23rd December 2007, 1:31 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! They even had the original RBY gym music on!!!! 10/10, how "cool" (lol) can Kanna get???

THE ONE THE ONLY...AIPOM
24th December 2007, 12:09 AM
I wonder what would happen if Brock saw Prima (lol)

warnerbroman
1st January 2008, 4:30 PM
with prima and ivy does anyone else noticed that the orange islands female characters had bigger chests than any other seasonI am glad I TAPED THIS

HikariTajiri
2nd January 2008, 2:40 PM
I am glad I TAPED THIS

I taped it too xD

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 8:37 AM
Good episode but I didn't see much of a point to it really ._. But it was cool to see an elite 4 there.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 1:26 PM
well this was a nice episode of course, a friend of mine has this on DVD we watched it last week^^

Blue Snover
6th March 2009, 4:52 PM
The battle with Prima was good, it shows that she definetley deserves to be an Elite 4 member.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 4:16 PM
Nice episode, Prima is a great trainer who kick Ash's Pokemon =3

Ice T. Sackboy
10th April 2009, 1:56 PM
This episode is great because Prima makes her appearance here. Seeing how she don't pay attention to Ash's command to a match, she does so later on, but he loses.

Tadashi
31st August 2009, 6:54 AM
I totally loved Prima's entrance. Even Ash's eyes bugged, and he hasn't shown interest in a girl since Giselle way back in Kanto! XD Man, she really does have quite a rack O_o;

Lorde
4th December 2009, 9:31 AM
Prima huh? Nice....

I enjoyed seeing Ash lose to an Elite Trainer. Though to be honest, I didn't know "Prima" as of the Elite Four at this point because I hadn't played the games.

I liked her team though, it was similar to her ingame team. 8/10

Ash-kid
8th December 2009, 10:33 AM
Prima was so strong, i think she was the strongest trainer in the show in those times.

And i loved how she battled with Ash, calmly but very tough.

Armaldo48
9th January 2010, 12:22 PM
Why did they call her Prima?! Her name is Lorelei!

7.5/10

CliveKoopa
19th January 2010, 1:14 PM
This is a great episode. Ash does act a bit of a jerk in this episode like he does in a lot of episodes. By the time of that episode, I think Ash should already know that his Pokemon battle for him because they care and that boasting all the time isn't gonna make him a Pokemon master. It just proves how dumb he can be at times.

popcorn dragon
24th January 2010, 2:21 AM
This is a great episode. Ash does act a bit of a jerk in this episode like he does in a lot of episodes. By the time of that episode, I think Ash should already know that his Pokemon battle for him because they care and that boasting all the time isn't gonna make him a Pokemon master. It just proves how dumb he can be at times.

Epic post. you just described ash in 3 sentences. 1 Mistake though: Ash is always a jerk, and he will never change.

Caseydia
19th April 2010, 11:36 PM
Not really. I think he was really kind in Sinnoh.

Misty Lover17
16th July 2010, 6:24 PM
In think episode, Ash was too much stressed and nervous.

^Prima's Slowbro and actually most of her pokemon were able to control the opponenet's moves. That's why Ash's Pikachu looked so miserable during the battle...

Caseydia
10th November 2010, 1:26 AM
I wonder why they didn't make Misty battle Prima instead of Ash like Dawn tried against Lucian. Even though she wouldn't have won neither, she would made a better oponent for her.

AquaMilotic
1st December 2010, 2:22 AM
A month ago, I've watched some Orange Islands episodes on old videos (VHS). Then this one came along. My mother immediately noticed Primas breasts. Brock should've been there.

I don't care, I don't see animated characters as "hot" of "sexy".

Aside from that, nice episode. Especially Charizard misbehaving and seeing Ash losing, he was way too arrogant that episode.

Milotic

RWB
23rd January 2011, 11:15 AM
Disliked the Prima=Water thing they pulled. She's an Ice Trainer, doggone it.

SatanJr
27th January 2011, 9:50 AM
Yea, she was ice not water. Although it was still a nice episode with an okay battle.

Caseydia
6th February 2011, 12:18 AM
I thought someone was either going to get smacked by one of Prima's boobs or someone was going to say something about her figure. I really thought that this was one of those episodes that the writers must have forgot to ban and that we was almost about to see it.

G50
8th February 2011, 4:52 AM
Ash definitely learned very valuable lessons in this episode. This was an episode that he really deserved to lose, especially against Prima of the Elite 4. The battle itself was very cool.

20/100

Painkiller2001
27th April 2011, 5:53 AM
Ash said he was "invincible"!

This coming from the kid who came in only the top 16 in the Kanto League!

Aquarelle
14th September 2011, 12:32 PM
I really liked this episode when I saw it. I enjoyed Ash's battle with Prima, and was actually glad that he lost since he deserved it after being so cocky earlier. But, I did find Prima's, er, chest to be a little disturbing...

Also, I didn't know that Prima was really Lorelei. I didn't play any of the first gen games until a few years after this episode aired (and I had forgotten about this episode when I played Yellow). It wasn't until I read the Fame Checker in FRLG that I realized that Prima = Lorelei. I find it a bit embarrassing. :/

CliveKoopa
14th September 2011, 3:41 PM
Ash definitely learned very valuable lessons in this episode. This was an episode that he really deserved to lose, especially against Prima of the Elite 4. The battle itself was very cool.

20/100

He "learns" lessons in Brave the Wave too when he gets overconfident thinking he can just win by power alone.

Vernikova
10th November 2011, 1:40 AM
A great episode. It's always great to see Ash get smacked around by an Elite Four member every once in a while and it's even better when it's overconfident Ash. Not much to say outside of that though. The banter between Ash and Misty was nice. Perverse psychology.~

Calamity™
1st February 2012, 4:25 PM
I absolutely loved this episode! It was great to see someone way stronger than Ash, and she has a likable personality... and a bit too much going on in certain areas for a kids show. I liked seeing her Slowbro disabling Ash's Charizard, and just the way she battled everyone in general. The only thing I wanted to see was a Misty vs Prima battle. They made her some Water icon for some reason, so they should have had a great battle, rather than Ash at the end.

Blessed
4th February 2012, 3:24 AM
This episode was great, Misty seeing her idol Prima for the first time was very cool. I just wish they had a battle instead of Ash because of Misty's goal to become a Water Master.

7threst
6th September 2012, 8:27 PM
This episode was great for Ash learning some good tips from Prima. And as many people said, I would find it hilarious if Brock was there. They have some pretty good original filler episodes in this season.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:30 AM
Yes!! Lorelei appeared. It's funny that they couldn't have a human with more than three syllables in their name. Prima was funny when she said how much the tape was. But she is kind of peculiar too.

PokemontrainerY
14th July 2013, 12:45 PM
This episode is one of my favorite Orange Islands episodes. It's awsome that Prima ( Lorelei ) of Elite 4 appeared in this episode, she was so hot! Ash was jerk in the beginning and saying he's 'invincible'! I'm glad Prima ( Lorelei )defeated Ash, he learned important lessons after his lose.

p96822
5th May 2014, 2:27 AM
This episode sucks badly and this shows Ash at his worst as a charter and learning the same lesson from episode 8. Also this episode is taking a plot it already has done

PokemonNation2000
5th May 2014, 2:30 AM
This episode sucks badly and this shows Ash at his worst as a charter and learning the same lesson from episode 8. Also this episode is taking a plot it already has done

It does suck, but no, this is not Ash at his worst as a character: go watch "Brave the Wave," "Uncrushing Defeat," "Battle Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym," and Malamar-- Ash has equally terrible episodes as a character in every series, IMO.

No, it's nothing like episode 8: Ash was not a complete jerk there like he was here.

AdrenalinDragon
5th May 2014, 5:07 AM
I remember watching this episode as a kid and one of the funniest things Misty said to Ash was calling him a "Master of Disaster". No surprises there, as Ash was extremely cocky in this episode, but that makes things more interesting. Prima was what I liked best about it though, but not because of you know what *wink* *wink*. Ash's winning streak came to an end because of Charizard burning Ash twice with Flamethrower. His one-on-one battle with Prima was pretty cool, as his ego was deflated after losing to Prima. Team Rocket were disappointed they couldn't steal Prima's Pokemon after realising how strong she really was, leading to Prima blasting them off with an untouched appearance of Jynx.

9/10

p96822
5th May 2014, 5:55 AM
This episode was rehashing of episode 8 of Ash's overconfidence and it was much more worst then that episode. Prima is a boring charter and she didn't bring anything to the episode at all. The thing that Prima said was boring and I want to get this over with. Also thank 4kid of not giving her original name in the game so she is not an elte four member in the dub.

AdrenalinDragon
5th May 2014, 4:33 PM
This episode was rehashing of episode 8 of Ash's overconfidence and it was much more worst then that episode.

I never really saw this episode being labelled as a rehash for me though. It's more of a sequel with a slightly more experienced Ash if anything. I'd rate both episodes about the same, but for me Prima made it more interesting as Ash learned his lesson through an Elite Four member in this one.

PokemonNation2000
5th May 2014, 4:36 PM
I never really saw this episode being labelled as a rehash for me though. It's more of a sequel with a slightly more experienced Ash if anything. I'd rate both episodes about the same, but for me Prima made it more interesting as Ash learned his lesson through an Elite Four member in this one.

Agreed. This is not a rehashed episode: what is a rehash, is what Malamar in XY did to "Pikachu Re-Volts" in Ash's case, but I digress.

I also don't like this episode like p96822, though: it's my least favorite in the entire OS, but that said, in no way am I going to say it's a rehash or that it's the worst I've seen from Ash, because that's not true at all.

This episode was rehashing of episode 8 of Ash's overconfidence and it was much more worst then that episode. Prima is a boring charter and she didn't bring anything to the episode at all. The thing that Prima said was boring and I want to get this over with. Also thank 4kid of not giving her original name in the game so she is not an elte four member in the dub.

You mean much worse than that episode, and I agree.

Yeah, I agree on Prima/Lorelei as well: still, at least she put Ash in his place.

On the contrary, I thank 4Kids for giving me an English dub that didn't have horrendous voice acting, terrible script writing, and poorly composed music compositions, if anything, unlike TPCi: I can overlook 4Kids calling Lorelei the name Prima because when does she appear again in the Anime? Never! That says a lot. Plus, if TPCi dubbed this, you can be sure all the voices would be terrible, Ash would be using cool speak non-stop, and TR would take like a bunch of alliterating/rhyming morons 24/7. Oh, and Misty might say "Puh-leeze" as well...I couldn't be happier they never touched this.

Benny+Lilia+Ash
5th May 2014, 4:49 PM
I don't like this episode either. I wouldn't call it a rehash but it does use a similar idea.

I also agree with XY019 being a rip-off.

p96822
6th May 2014, 5:42 AM
Well XY 19 had people under the spell of Malamar too so it not a rehash and makes the episode much more then that episode was.

Benny+Lilia+Ash
6th May 2014, 5:48 AM
I consider it a rehash because they ripped off about three BW episodes plus Pikachu Re-Volts and then combined them into one.

Dark/Legendary Master
6th May 2014, 12:22 PM
I consider it a rehash because they ripped off about three BW episodes plus Pikachu Re-Volts and then combined them into one.
How can this be a rehash of 3 BW when it aired decades before BW?

Benny+Lilia+Ash
6th May 2014, 5:01 PM
I was referring to XY019, which is what p96822 was talking about.

phanpycross
6th May 2014, 8:46 PM
Sadly i really liked this episode, Lorelei is just awesome, and it was pretty cool to see Ash get a lesson.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 5:09 AM
Wait, so Prima is Lorelai?
Where's the name 'Prima' coming from, anyway?

Lorde
1st November 2014, 11:39 PM
I liked seeing Ash lose against an Elite Four member because honestly, his overconfidence at the start of this episode really irked me. It seemed kinda out of character to me. Anyway, Prima was gorgeous and I wish that Misty had gotten to bond with her since she really seemed to admire Prima's skills.