PDA

View Full Version : Wherefore At Thou Pok?mon? (102)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:16 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/102.gifWherefore Art Thou Pokémon?!

Still on Mandarin Island, Ash & Co. go through a Victorian Town where they find two Nidoran who are in love while the trainers of them are constantly fighting. Can Ash & Co. stop the fighting so the Nidorans can stay together?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/102.shtml)

Discuss

Alfonso
5th November 2004, 7:20 PM
Ick. I hated this episode. The only good thing was crossdressing Jessie and James (And Rocketshippyness. :3) and the fact that the girl with the Nidoran goes to the same hair stylist as Domino.

I still, and will always hate, *any* romance based Pokemon episodes. 'Cause they will always gave cheesy shippy lines for Major Pairings. (Pokeshipping/Advanceshipping. :P) 'Course, there was a little Orangeshippyness, when Misty blushed and quite flirtingly wacked him in the face with his sketchbook while giggling. ^_^

Crystal Latios
5th November 2004, 7:31 PM
OMG! I agree with you with everything what you say^^ I`m your huge Fangirl^^

Anyway, I think, this episode is very boring. Thunderstorm was cool, but later I slept. Little Magnemites and brave Ash. Bleh. Also, I didn`t like this guy (Magnemite trainer).
One good thing in this anime is a Joltion^^

Alfonso
5th November 2004, 7:36 PM
OMG! I agree with you with everything what you say^^ I`m your huge Fangirl^^

Anyway, I think, this episode is very boring. Thunderstorm was cool, but later I slept. Little Magnemites and brave Ash. Bleh. Also, I didn`t like this guy (Magnemite trainer).
One good thing in this anime is a Joltion^^

Yay, I have a fangirl! n.n 'Course, I'll most likely get a few rabid fanboys and girls drawing me in... certain... situations with... certain people. (Hmmmmmmmmmm... maybe a few Yaio Doujinshi too. ^_^o)

Ah, I think you're getting the episodes mixed up. The one you are thinking about it 'Get Along Little Pokemon', with Ethan and the Magnemite. However, I was also confused about it, because when it aired over here in the UK, it did go under that name. (Get Along Little Pokemon.) So maybe it did that over in your country too. *confused*

Crystal Latios
5th November 2004, 8:08 PM
Yay, I have a fangirl! n.n 'Course, I'll most likely get a few rabid fanboys and girls drawing me in... certain... situations with... certain people. (Hmmmmmmmmmm... maybe a few Yaio Doujinshi too. ^_^o)

Ah, I think you're getting the episodes mixed up. The one you are thinking about it 'Get Along Little Pokemon', with Ethan and the Magnemite. However, I was also confused about it, because when it aired over here in the UK, it did go under that name. (Get Along Little Pokemon.) So maybe it did that over in your country too. *confused*

Eeeeee..... ehem.... Yes. Its an episode about Nidorans, not about Magnemites. See, I`m really confused sometimes^^ Yes, in my country it had a this same name

Ok, maybe now I will tell something about Nidoran epi :p

My opinion is: immature. This "Romeo and Juliet" story. Wait, it was from "West Side Story" o.O Anyway, I like romances between pokemon, but this episode was like sweet, pink candy. Also, pokeshipping...ehem. One good thing: a real kiss =D but only between pokemon :p

The Big Al
6th November 2004, 3:22 AM
Misty and Jessie read way too many romance novels. (Jessie lives too many of them.)

Does anyone think a bunch of red flags would have been raised that the groom was wearing lip stick and the bride wasn't?

The only real good part of the episode was Pikachu just before he shocked Team Rocket. Talk about a Kodak moment. It was just precious.

Alfonso
8th November 2004, 7:33 PM
Eeeeee..... ehem.... Yes. Its an episode about Nidorans, not about Magnemites. See, I`m really confused sometimes^^ Yes, in my country it had a this same name

Ok, maybe now I will tell something about Nidoran epi :p

My opinion is: immature. This "Romeo and Juliet" story. Wait, it was from "West Side Story" o.O Anyway, I like romances between pokemon, but this episode was like sweet, pink candy. Also, pokeshipping...ehem. One good thing: a real kiss =D but only between pokemon :p

Indeed. But no big loss, seeing as how the Magnemore episode was pretty uninteresting. It didn't even have a cool One-Shot, like Poncho, the Diglett Rancher. (Who equals awesome. Yeah, I'm such as fanboy. ^_^o) All it had was Ethan. No offence to Ethan fans, of course. I just found him uninteresting.

But, anyway, as I said, I liked this episode for the Bride and Groom bit. James as the Bride... how Rocketshipping SHOULD be. :3

Bibi Nefertari
8th November 2004, 8:54 PM
But, anyway, as I said, I liked this episode for the Bride and Groom bit. James as the Bride... how Rocketshipping SHOULD be. :3

I totally agree, especially since I'm a Rocketshipper to da bone >D
*sigh* I'd really wish that happened vice-versa though, that would have been soooo cute!

As for the rest of the ep, well... there were even a couple of funny things... what I'm referring to is some of the things Ash and Misty tell each other and... the part where Tracey places a shippy hint on them and they get all angry and stuff at him... not that bad an ep, but the plot was kinda predictable... with the two Nidorans *rolls eyes*

BlueV2
9th November 2004, 9:05 AM
It was predictable, but the plot was rather sweet and pure, all though I can't say I didn't enjoy all the ship hints,lol.

Crystal Latios
9th November 2004, 9:57 AM
It didn't even have a cool One-Shot, like Poncho, the Diglett Rancher. (Who equals awesome. Yeah, I'm such as fanboy. ^_^o) All it had was Ethan. No offence to Ethan fans, of course. I just found him uninteresting.

You are his FanBoy? Awww..... lucky Poncho =/

I didn`t see Rocketshipping there. Of course, Jessie said about her unhappy love from past etc. later they played a couple (James as a girl, of course :p) But I didn`t see some hot feelings between them.
I think, Pokeshipping was there. Tracey drew Ash and Misty together LOL

Gigi
10th November 2004, 5:24 AM
Tracey drew Ash and Misty together LOL

He did..? x.o()
And am I the only one who absoultely adores this episode? n.n() It's just so cute.

Crystal Latios
10th November 2004, 11:42 AM
He did..? x.o()
And am I the only one who absoultely adores this episode? n.n() It's just so cute.
Hehe, Pokeshippers say that. Tracey is quite smart and he knows about Misty`s feelings ^.~ So probably he drew them together, for fun :p

BlueV2
10th November 2004, 7:00 PM
I thought Tracy didn't know about her feelings? Remember the 2nd movie?...then again it is Tracy ^ ^;. Wonder why not many people like this episode? It's so sweet.

Alfonso
10th November 2004, 7:06 PM
I thought Tracy didn't know about her feelings? Remember the 2nd movie?...then again it is Tracy ^ ^;. Wonder why not many people like this episode? It's so sweet.

If you are talking about the 'Are you talking about me' line, then that was dub-only. It's still cute though. *waves Orangeshippy banner* :P

Gigi
11th November 2004, 7:40 PM
If you are talking about the 'Are you talking about me' line, then that was dub-only. It's still cute though. *waves Orangeshippy banner* :P

In the origianl he said, (roughly) 'Me too~!' just for the record. :3

Well... I think in the dub he said something like, 'Hey! That's like how you and Ash are!' After Kasumi said, 'They're not mature enough to admit that they like eahcother.' (Sorry.. I don't know the exact lines. It's been a while ince I saw it that way. x.x)

wobbanut
19th January 2005, 5:58 PM
This is another one of my favorite episodes. Even though I'm not into Ash&Misty, I really love the whole storyline with the two little kids and their nidorans. I also love Tracey noticing that it's like how Ash and Misty are. I also love how the nidorans are named after the leads in "West Side Story". :)

One of the best parts of this episode, too, has to be the part with a certain running gag turning out a little different. It's interesting to see Victreebell bite Jessie instead of James for a change. :D

vulpix
19th April 2005, 12:44 AM
all i could say is what a cute episode!

Togechic
3rd July 2005, 1:02 AM
That bit where Pikachu spotted that fruit tree was totally random. I totally expected Team Rocket to have set up a trap there.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
2nd October 2005, 7:54 PM
I am watching a music channel, there was a love calculator at the bottom were people can send in their names and the person they love, and I saw Tony and Maria!

they are the dub names for the nidoran and it said they had around 80% chance of love

LOL

ChaosMage
3rd October 2005, 7:46 PM
As a musical theatre fanatic, I wasn't particularly impressed by the names Tony and Maria. Although the Nidorans and their evolutions weren't shown much prior to this (and still aren't shown much). It could have just as easily been two Pikachus in love- so we should be pleased they used a slightly more sensical couple.

Aptenodytes
2nd November 2005, 5:16 AM
i thought this episode was kind of boring. not too creative in my opinion

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 10:30 AM
meh. Pretty lame idea for epi but they had to show the 2 Nidorans at some point. 5/10 for trying

Capn Zangoose
24th July 2006, 3:01 PM
He did..? x.o()
I like[d] it too. But keep in mind, I was really little, and I was presumingly sort of nutty.

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 4:01 AM
Another episode featuring NidoranxNidoran -_-, they keep doing this

Battra
29th August 2007, 6:41 PM
A nice episode, I liked Misty the matchmaker and the subtle hints at her and Ash liking each other. One major goof I noticed at the beginning of this episode the narrator says Ash is enjoying his victory over Lorelei/Prima, Ash didn't win he got schooled by her, I also noticed that at the end the dex entry for Nidorina showed a pic of Maria instead of a token Nidorina. I got a laugh out of Pikachu slyly shuffling over to the berry tree while looking for Maria that was nice. I love Emily's outfit it's so cute and goes with her hair style.

dman_dustin
25th October 2007, 7:37 PM
I got a laugh out of Pikachu slyly shuffling over to the berry tree while looking for Maria that was nice.

Favorite part of the whole episode, for me, other than that it was an okay episode, I also like how Misty got them wrong presents, got a laugh at that too.

Girl: You know I'm allergic to these type of flowers
Boy (don't quite remember but it was in the effect of him hating flying)

But Pikachu + Berries wins the episode for me anyway

green45678
16th December 2007, 11:05 PM
AAAWW this was such a cute episode! I love the orange island episodes!

HikariTajiri
19th December 2007, 9:16 PM
I loved this ep! Misty's 2nd cutest ep ever.

pokeguru
27th October 2008, 5:16 AM
What was this? Romeo and Juliet?

JK

This was an interesting ep, so da speak.

Tadashi
28th October 2008, 11:09 PM

Agreed. Totally. 100% Lame boring episode, made good only by the kissing scene at the end ^^

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 7:52 AM
Meh this episode was boring to me. The only thing I liked were the cute Nidorans. The kissing scene at the end made it kind of good.

Raikipper
12th January 2009, 7:06 PM
I got a laugh out of Pikachu slyly shuffling over to the berry tree while looking for Maria that was nice.

If I'll be honest, I found that to be the most annoying part of the episode. I don't know, the joke just fell kind of flat to me, strengthening my opinion that Pikachu doesn't really have a huge deal of merit as a comedic character. Stick to looking cute and big dramatic battles, Pika.

I agree that the storyline was kind of lacklustre - the Romeo and Juliet/West Side Story parallels felt ever-so-slightly corny and heavy-handed (and this is coming from someone who LOVES Shakespeare and WSS), but then I guess that they were pretty much inevitable, and I think that they could have devised a more compelling and convincing reason for the bickering trainers to dislike each other - but nevertheless, I liked that this episode gave the Nidorans some long-overdue spotlight. They're really cool pokemon in my opinion, and they were almost completely overlooked in the original Kanto episodes.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 12:55 PM
ah, a typical classic romance story^^
it was fun to watch maybe a little too short since in a usual case romances often trake time to develop their story.

Blue Snover
6th March 2009, 5:03 PM
I thought that Tony and Maria were really cute together and it showed how close they are when they evolved at the same time.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 4:09 PM
Nice episode..Pokemon in love, is the best ^_^

ccangelopearl1362
27th March 2009, 12:23 AM
(chuckling ironically) Ash, Misty, and Tracey are about to set out to find two lost Nidoran, and Pikachu finds... a berry tree. Despite Ralph and Emily's rivalry, Tony and Maria were eager to be with each other forever. I can imagine that Pokéshippers and/or even romantics would enjoy this episode quite easily, even if my focus isn't necessarily romantic by itself. That said, I remember this to be an interesting episode overall, with a happy ending for Tony and Maria, and perhaps Ralph and Emily themselves will grow even closer to each other in the future.

Ice T. Sackboy
8th April 2009, 3:17 PM
Tony and Maria the nidorans are in love.
This was a very touching episode. I liked the whole thing. For starters I was surprised to hear there was Nidoran in this episode (it was their first appearance). I thought the scene where Pikachu spotted that beautiful fruit and calling out the Nidoran's name while creeping towards it was both cute and funny.

Ash-kid
14th December 2009, 3:38 PM
Those Nidoran were cute.
And i loved to see the boy and the girl arguing so many years....

Lorde
15th December 2009, 5:53 PM
It was too cute and romantic for my taste. Filler too.

I liked that at least the owners of the Nidoran hated each other, that made it more balanced.

Love and Pokemon don't mix, 3/10

cazatron
15th March 2010, 12:26 AM
this episode was cute but the best part was nidorino and nidorina getting a little screentime at the end

G50
8th February 2011, 4:56 AM
This was 1 of my fav. episodes from the 2nd season. Seeing both Nidorans especially in this type of story was great, this was the best way to use them. I liked seeing them be strong in battle, and of course kissing to evolve in Nidorino and Nidorina. Great to see the kids finally get along.

97/100

RocketTwurpSLR
17th March 2011, 1:06 PM
i watched this the other day

i gotta admit even though, even though we slate tracey i got to admit
he came out with the best pokeshipping line

"you know what its the same with you and ash"

YOU MUST BE CRAZY

Painkiller2001
27th April 2011, 6:15 AM
Both genders of Nidoran are now cute as buttons!

I've always wanted to see both Nidorino and Nidorina in the anime at some point. And now I have!

and who could forget...

STICK FIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Vernikova
11th November 2011, 1:25 AM
A boring episode. I really didn't see the point in Misty having to butt into other people's business more so in this episode than others. I wasn't interested in the Nidoran relationship either.

AquaMilotic
24th January 2012, 10:31 PM
Those Nidoran were so cute together, and their voices were so cute! And their small front fangs which were visible all the time, so cute! Seeing them evolve after kissing is also awesome! And there was also some PokeShipping in this cute episode, which is good. Jessie and James crossdressed again, which is awesome. I can imagine James saying "I'm a lady" in the same way as Emily Howard from Little Britain.

Ash: "You think people will change when they get kissed?"
Misty: "I guess we'll have to find out ourselves!"

I think Ash and Misty two kissed off-screen after this episode.

This is a super cute episode! 10/10!

Blessed
30th January 2012, 10:19 PM
This episode was adorable, I liked Misty the matchmaker and the subtle hints at her and Ash liking each other. LOL when Ash said "You think people change when they get kissed?" and Misty says "Guess we'll have to wait out ourselves"

Calamity™
1st February 2012, 4:29 PM
Another episode that I loved! Those Nidoran were too adorable together. I think it was a good short storyline, the way that their trainers didn't get along. It was nice to see they did eventually, and then the Nidoran evolve by kissing!!

Falstaff
20th February 2012, 7:14 PM
Both funny and very perceptive about human nature. The way Pokemon should be.

Aquarelle
3rd April 2012, 12:30 AM
I wasn't much of a fan of romance episodes when I was a kid, but the Nidoran were cute. The Nidoran's trainers were kind of annoying though with how they hated each other so much. Team Rocket cross-dressing was definitely the highlight of this episode for me. James looks really good in a wedding dress!

Caseydia
3rd April 2012, 12:36 AM
I wasn't much of a fan of romance episodes when I was a kid, but the Nidoran were cute. The Nidoran's trainers were kind of annoying though with how they hated each other so much. Team Rocket cross-dressing was definitely the highlight of this episode for me. James looks really good in a wedding dress!

You're right. Those kids were just being brats. And here is yet again another mushy episode the writers had to drag in our faces. It was just too much in the Orange Islands.

7threst
6th September 2012, 10:35 PM
I always enjoyed this episode because of the funny parody of Romeo and Juliet. I just love synopsis where things like this happen. It's funny, romantic. comical and enjoyable to watch.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
27th September 2012, 9:33 PM
It is a very cute episode. Too bad Nidorina or Nidoqueen can't breed in the games. Also a great piece of evidence that Tracey is a Pokeshipper.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:33 AM
It was a boring episode to be honest. But, oooooh. Ash wanted to know if people change when they're kissed. Misty I know what you were thinking there. :3

Princess Raspberyl
27th December 2012, 6:04 AM
It was a boring episode to be honest. But, oooooh. Ash wanted to know if people change when they're kissed. Misty I know what you were thinking there. :3

Pokeshipping D8
I remember really loving this episode as a kid cuz of the Nidoran. They were so precious. :) What can I say, I was a sucker for cute things even back then. *looks at title* I see what you did thar anime writers D8 Even if I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Romeo and Juliet... >.>

PokemontrainerY
14th July 2013, 3:46 PM
I didn't liked the 1st half of episode, because Misty was a jerk to Ash. it was mean when she grabbed Ash by the collar, Tony and Maria were fighting each other with sticks was stupid. I didn't liked that Misty butting into other people's buinsness just because she wanted to reunite their Nidorans.
But I liked the 2nd half of this episode, it's sweet when the two Nidorans kissed and evolved.
I kinda liked the part when Ash said "You think people change when they get kissed ?"
and then Misty said "Guess we'll have to find out ourselves."
That was the best part of this episode. I guess Misty wanted to kiss Ash.(Thank goodness she didn't kissed him)

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 5:11 AM
Second viewing of this episode, and those two Nidorans are just too adorable for words.

Lorde
4th November 2014, 8:54 AM
I disliked the romantic drama between the two Nidoran. The whole Romeo and Juliet thing just rubbed me the wrong way, although the setting of the episode was adorable. I love Europe-esque places, so I was pleased that this episode at least looked dynamic and different from previous others.