PDA

View Full Version : Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:18 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/105.gifMisty Meets Her Match!

Arriving on Trovita Island, Ash & Co. meet the Gym Leader Randy who is smitten with Misty. Ash completes all the tasks and must beat Randy in a 3 on 3 Pokémon Battle. Can he do this and will Misty stay with Randy?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/105.shtml)

Discuss

meggirl63
24th October 2004, 2:30 AM
Actually, the Trovita Island Gym Leader's name is Rudy. btw, he's so FREAKIN' HOT!!!!!!

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 2:47 AM
This is such a cool episode! Squirtle learns Hydro Pump in this ep, it's Hydro Pump is awesome when it tucks into it's shell.
I love the music in the background when the Pokemon are working out!

magicpizzadust
24th October 2004, 2:58 AM
Very cool, especially Starmie with thunderbolt! Thats so cool!

Waterstar Misty
24th October 2004, 4:04 AM
This was a really cool and funny episode. Lots of cool stuff, Rudy's Starmie doing a thunderbolt, Ash's Squirtle learning how to use Hydro Pump, Rudy wanting Misty to stay with him and his little sister at his gym, Misty wanting to travel with Ash, and the funny parts with Team Rocket getting blasted away by accident.

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 12:57 PM
Is this episode part of season 2?

chipsyketchum
26th October 2004, 10:07 AM
i LOVED this episode..YAY FOR POKESHIPPING! anyway the starmie with the thunderbolt was all around awesome and squirtle oh my goodness how ilove that pokemon! Hydro Pump was SICK to the fullest. lol, anyway this ep was really good and Rudy wouldve made a nice boyfriend...

meggirl63
1st November 2004, 1:29 PM
I had this dream last night where I was on Trovita Island with Rudy! How sweet is that!

flixerblixer
1st November 2004, 11:26 PM
I used to LOVE this episode and I still have it recorded and yes, I'm planning to see it again. I used to love this episode because Team Rocket flew off so soon, which was so rare in the earlier episodes. I liked how they flew off so soon and the dialogue was really. A definite choice for Pokeshippers because when I remembered when I was a Pokeshipper this episode gets me all giggly. Since I've no longer support this ship it doesn't get me giggly but I still like this episode and I think it has a lot of potential in it. Oh ... and I personally thought Rudy was annoying because of the things he said. It gets me very annoyed whenever he talked.

I have to add this - this has no similiarities whatsoever to Love At First Flight.

Shiny May
2nd November 2004, 3:06 PM
I thought this was a good episode
The gym battle was cool since Squirtle learned hydro pump. And Starmie knew thunderbolt. i also liked the fact that the pokemon had to be the same types
Electabuzz vs. Pikachu
Starmie vs. Squirtle
Bulbasaur vs. Exeggcutor

And Misty and Rudy make such a cute couple. You could see that he really cared about her and you could also see that she was attracted to him. Overall a good episode.

Lupin
9th November 2004, 1:55 PM
Great episode this and one of my favorite gym matchs. It also adds to the whole Misty likes Ash but Ash doesn't have a clue thing :D

Alfonso
9th November 2004, 5:22 PM
Am I the only one who is p*ssed of at the fact that Exeggutor is always being given the short half of the stick? I mean, Exeggutor was in that episode with Ugmo- I mean, MELVIN the Magician, and they all got their asses handed to them by Charmander and Melvin. (And were all caught, etc.) Then Exeggutor appeared in the Pokemon League, belonging to Mandy (Who is awesome, by the way.) who then got his (Exeggutor) *** handed to him on a stick by a frikken untrained KRABBY. Then one appeared in this episode, and got beaten by Bulbasaur! I mean, seriously. Exeggutor is an awesome Pokemon, especially in the games. -_-

But whatever. I liked this episode for the Exeggutor and Electabuzz appearences, and Rudy. ("Dance Starmie... A victory DANCE!")

Lupin
9th November 2004, 8:21 PM
Am I the only one who is p*ssed of at the fact that Exeggutor is always being given the short half of the stick? I mean, Exeggutor was in that episode with Ugmo- I mean, MELVIN the Magician, and they all got their asses handed to them by Charmander and Melvin. (And were all caught, etc.) Then Exeggutor appeared in the Pokemon League, belonging to Mandy (Who is awesome, by the way.) who then got his (Exeggutor) *** handed to him on a stick by a frikken untrained KRABBY. Then one appeared in this episode, and got beaten by Bulbasaur! I mean, seriously. Exeggutor is an awesome Pokemon, especially in the games. -_-

But whatever. I liked this episode for the Exeggutor and Electabuzz appearences, and Rudy. ("Dance Starmie... A victory DANCE!")

I can see what you mean. Exeggutor should have easier beat Bulbasaur due to the fact that Bulbasaur is part Poisen

Sharpshooter
10th November 2004, 12:57 AM
I may dislike him but Rudy has Pokémon which I'd consider to have in my Leaf green game. I would of had an Exeggutor, but I started off with a Bulbasaur, so that was out of the window, although I do have a Starmie, class water pokémon indeed, has great versitility, mainly because it's also a psychic type.

*Back to topic*

Ahem....

Good episode for all the wrong reasons, just as well Ash didn't get jealous of the Misty & Rudy saga, it's funny to see Ash act so immensley dense sometimes.

Alfonso
10th November 2004, 11:42 AM
I can see what you mean. Exeggutor should have easier beat Bulbasaur due to the fact that Bulbasaur is part Poisen

Perhaps, but you also have to consider that less 'obvious' type disadvantages are mostly never shown. (Like Fighting over, Ice, for example.) Also, Rudy didn't command Exeggutor to use Psychic type attacks. (I think Egg Bomb was the only one he told Exeggutor to perform.)

But... whatever. Hopefully, someone will use an Exeggutor in a contest, or something, and be great. (That said, wouldn't it be AWESOME if Mandy appeared as a Coordinator with his Exeggutor?)

Ororo Munroe
19th December 2004, 9:49 AM
It was great the different training and strategies Rudy used. He taught his Pokemon attacks that his opponents wouldn't expect from the Pokemon. It was great how Misty saved Mahri in the beginning of the episode.

Chibi
3rd January 2005, 3:03 AM
I loved this episode. The hinting towards Pokeshipping almost made my heart bleed from the swelling and it centered a little more on Misty than Ash. As a full-blown Misty-fan, I gotta say this... Rudy's appreciation and affection towards her was a credit to the nation! Lol.

~*Mitsuki*~
18th January 2005, 4:55 AM
I really loved this episode! ^^ Kasumi and Jiji seem like such a great couple, but the fact Mari was actually Jiji's daughter in the Japanese version scares a bit. He looks so young and handsome, how old was his "wife/girlfriend" when she had her?! o_o; Oh well...I still think Kasumi should have stayed with Jiji.

wobbanut
19th January 2005, 6:18 PM
Although I'm not into Ash&Misty, I think this episode does set up a good plot of Misty having to choose between two men. It makes for an incredible story and a great gym battle. :)

Chibi
19th January 2005, 11:55 PM
Uhm... For those of you who think thought that Misty had a beautiful thing going on with Rudy, it was obviously one-sided... I mean, she had a clear chance to stay with Rudy; guy COULD have bought her a new bike, so there was no reason to hound Ash for the cash anymore... But she chose to go with him, anyway.

It may sound biased because I'm a Pokeshipper, but it's obvious that Misty's heart will always belong to the Pallet-Punk. Lol.

~*Mitsuki*~
21st January 2005, 12:11 AM
Uhm... For those of you who think thought that Misty had a beautiful thing going on with Rudy, it was obviously one-sided... I mean, she had a clear chance to stay with Rudy; guy COULD have bought her a new bike, so there was no reason to hound Ash for the cash anymore... But she chose to go with him, anyway.

It may sound biased because I'm a Pokeshipper, but it's obvious that Misty's heart will always belong to the Pallet-Punk. Lol.
Um, hun, you do realize Kasumi wasn't trying to make Satoshi jealous in this episode, right? Unlike Dan, Jiji actually cared about her and she WAS accepting it all. She loved him showering her with flowers and when Satoshi's lizardon messed her moment with Jiji up--she was ticked off. Not to mention, she did accept his invite of dinner and dancing, and I don't think it was to be nice either.

As for choosing Satoshi? One last comment: It took her till the very end to decide. No offense, but if someone is REALLY important to you, there is no thinking about it-NONE. But what did she do? She thought about it, which just adds to the fact she and Jiji could have had something. Kasumi is still young...just because she has a crush on Satoshi doesn't mean another man can't steal her heart.

cold_katanagirl
25th January 2005, 4:51 AM
This episode was nice I guess... *shrugs*

Heh, it was nice seeing some Rudy/Misty though.... Even though I hate Rudy's voice. It was nice seeing a guy in Misty's life that really seemed to liked her a lot I guess...

So overall, I guess I'll give this... a 7.9/10. Just because she picked Ash and left Rudy hanging in the end. -_-

I really loved this episode! ^^ Kasumi and Jiji seem like such a great couple, but the fact Mari was actually Jiji's daughter in the Japanese version scares a bit. He looks so young and handsome, how old was his "wife/girlfriend" when she had her?! o_o; Oh well...I still think Kasumi should have stayed with Jiji.

What the hell?! Maybe it is good Misty left. Just imagine, Ash and co coming for a visit and we see twelve kids running around. What the heck... 0_o

~*Mitsuki*~
25th January 2005, 4:54 AM
What the hell?! Maybe it is good Misty left. Just imagine, Ash and co coming for a visit and we see twelve kids running around. What the heck... 0_o
I guess, but I think I would deal with it. XD Kasumi takes such good care of Togepi and Jiji...well, I actually have a lot of confidence in him treating Kasumi right. Sure it'd be weird because she's so young and stuff but...I dunno. I guess it really doesn't bother me because I totally support Jiji x Kasumi (aside from Egoshipping and Orangeshipping)

Chibi
7th February 2005, 10:46 AM
Um, hun, you do realize Kasumi wasn't trying to make Satoshi jealous in this episode, right? Unlike Dan, Jiji actually cared about her and she WAS accepting it all. She loved him showering her with flowers and when Satoshi's lizardon messed her moment with Jiji up--she was ticked off. Not to mention, she did accept his invite of dinner and dancing, and I don't think it was to be nice either.

As for choosing Satoshi? One last comment: It took her till the very end to decide. No offense, but if someone is REALLY important to you, there is no thinking about it-NONE. But what did she do? She thought about it, which just adds to the fact she and Jiji could have had something. Kasumi is still young...just because she has a crush on Satoshi doesn't mean another man can't steal her heart.

I'm not saying that Kasumi WAS trying to make Satoshi jealous. I'm not saying that she didn't appreciate the attention that she received either. I mean, I appreciate the attention that she received, so... But when a girl comes from a family consisting of relatives like her sisters, who wouldn't love to get showered with gifts and affection?

You have a very small point about the who time-of-choice... But I still go with what I believe. Perhaps Kasumi, herself, didn't realize just yet how much Satoshi meant to her. And there's actually no proof that she waited till the end to decide. She waited till the end to voice her choice but that doesn't mean that she wasn't all ready thinking that it would be wrong of her to leave Satoshi behind just like that...

High Commander Solomon
8th February 2005, 1:22 AM
"I go with what I need?" What does that mean, you start from a conclusion and work backwards? That doesn't make sense at all!

Chibi
8th February 2005, 7:53 AM
"I go with what I need?" What does that mean, you start from a conclusion and work backwards? That doesn't make sense at all!

Lol. You're right. It was a typo that I have edited.

vulpix
22nd February 2005, 12:32 AM
being a total misty fan,i loved this episode even though i knew misty wouln't stay with rudy.

Sebok
22nd February 2005, 11:31 PM
I was a little eager to see the end of this one; would Misty continue to travel with Ash, or stay with the boy who admitted to falling in love with her?

I also enjoyed Team Rocket's moments in this! Everytime they thought they were safe, they kept falling into the water.
James: But who'd save us?

Kasumi
23rd February 2005, 5:17 PM
It's very good episode. Rudy fall in love in Misty and it;s cool. She would better to travel with Ash than to stay with Rudy. It's grate! And we can see Squirtle, one of my favourite pokemon :)

PokeFan4Ever7783
17th May 2005, 7:11 AM
and we touch on the subject again of do Ash and Misty like each other? Misty I don't think IF she does like Ash would ever admit it and Ash is too dense in his lifetime to realize things like that. But isn't this touched more that Misty likes Ash in the dubbed then in the original Japanese version?

Chibi
18th May 2005, 8:22 PM
I dunno; I thought that too, to a certain extent. I mean, from what I'd heard, it seemed that way. But then my friend Hakajin brought up the fact that major fighting between characters is a major hint in the Japanese world. We have to remember that their customs are different than ours. While we might look for more open affection such as handholding, blushing, interaction; the Japanese feel that a sort of anti-love is also a big 'thing'.

Just think about Sailor Moon. Usaji/Serena and Momaru/Darien were at each others' throats... Then they find out that they're destined to be together.

It's just an interesting prospect.

PokeFan4Ever7783
19th May 2005, 2:01 AM
I don't mean cultural differences, I just mean isn't the subject of Misy and Ash touched on more in the dubbed then in the original. I didn't ask for the signs that point to them liking each other. I for one do not think Ash and Misty have any feelings for each other. and when they do fight it's more like in a sibling way not in a lovey way. I've been into anime for 9 years I'm well aware of how the love wave works in anime. But anyways...Ash and Misty I think will just remain best friends. Remember the name of the show if "POKEMON" not Ash and Misty. I think romance in Pokemon would be kind of out of place.

Chibi
2nd July 2005, 3:37 PM
Well, it's hard to differenciate between "sibling" fighting and "crush" fighting. I mean, it's just that the two, though angry more than once at each other, always seem the closest out of the tightly knit PKMN group. Misty always leaps on his head when a bug Pokemon scuttles up to her, they always hold each others hands in the dark forests, and Ash always goes gaga when she comes out in a kimono or does something gifted...

Phantom_Bugsy
5th August 2005, 1:45 AM
Courtesy of the Pokeshippers' reactions to this ep, I now have a new sig.

And I shall c n' p it here for all to see after it is gone...

And if I see ONE MORE PERSON hate Rudy or Zane because they 'get in the way of THEIR ship', THEY'RE DEAD. I'm SICK OF IT and so are the rest of my little buddies. So cut the ****. None of this 'lol piut a bullet b-twen rudies eyes!!!!11 crap. Or I'll make SURE everyone knows how shallow you are.

there. Now the shallow people who are all OMG RUDY SUX CUS HE WANTSD TEH MISSXY!!!1 can go ta hell. <3

Seijiro Mafuné
5th August 2005, 2:06 AM
Whoa... first time I can see me and P_B are agreeing on something.

Is that Will or Morty admitting he's bi?

Aptenodytes
2nd November 2005, 3:14 AM
this was a great episode in my opinion. best gym battle in the orange islands and had a good plot with misty and rudy. entertaining and kept me guessing until the end 10/10

Ultimate Mewtwo
8th December 2005, 10:33 PM
Good episode, very good. The best part is when Squirtle uses Hydro Pump, is very cool! I can't believe Ash didn't notice that Misty loves him...

Magus
24th December 2005, 10:39 PM
And if I see ONE MORE PERSON hate Rudy or Zane because they 'get in the way of THEIR ship', THEY'RE DEAD. I'm SICK OF IT and so are the rest of my little buddies. So cut the ****. None of this 'lol piut a bullet b-twen rudies eyes!!!!11 crap. Or I'll make SURE everyone knows how shallow you are.

there. Now the shallow people who are all OMG RUDY SUX CUS HE WANTSD TEH MISSXY!!!1 can go ta hell. <3
I don't see why anybody would think Rudy "gets in the way". His role was basically to facilitate Pokéshipping. Misty is given a guy who knows he likes her and comes right out and says it, but turns him down in favor of Ash.

Protoman.EXE
24th December 2005, 10:52 PM
Trovita Island????????

ChaosMage
28th December 2005, 2:30 PM
This was an interesting episode, and I actually thought Misty might leave like Brock had. This was one of the better Orange Islands episodes, but Exeggcutor sure was screwed over royally. What were Rudy's other pokemon by the by? I think Alakazam, Venomoth and Golem were there, but I can't remember any others.

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 10:29 AM
Good Epi. Squirtle learned Hydro Pump and Misty stayed with ash.8/10

Jesse GS the II
16th July 2006, 9:32 PM
As a MSTie, and therefore having seen five of the seven original "Gamera" movies, I seem to be the only one to notice this episode's movie reference - Zenigame's Hydro Pump attack looks pretty darn similar to the method of transportation that Gamera uses. Whereas Gamera spins around shooting flames from his shell, Zenigame spins around shooting water from his.

Ashy Boy
18th July 2006, 10:55 AM
Great battles although Ash nearly lost.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
10th September 2006, 10:34 AM
Another good gym-battle episode from the Orange islands. The way Rudy kept brushing his hair back reminds me very much of Drew/Shuu...

High Commander Solomon
14th September 2006, 8:59 PM
I hear Squirtle is also a friend to all children.

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 9:59 PM
This one was a pretty good battle, and Misty stayed with Ash, though some peoples don't even know why

Cenzo
30th March 2007, 5:17 PM
Gee, wonder why Misty stayed with Ash? Could it be she likes him...

DaMike52
31st March 2007, 7:23 AM
I liked how Misty had to chose between staying with Ash or leaving, it made the gym leader more involved.

the fist pokeshipping fan
11th April 2007, 7:41 AM
simply one of the best pokemon episodes of all time. and defnitely the strongest pokeshipping episode of all time.

Lord of Music
27th June 2007, 12:31 PM
No, GCYL was. Ep though was great.

Rebeccag
28th June 2007, 8:13 PM
One of my favourite episodes until the Houen/Battle Frontier CS episodes started showing. I disliked Rudy though very much though but I liked the way they used an element each

green45678
16th December 2007, 11:00 PM
Pokeshipping rules im so glad misty chose Ash instead of Rudy! best episode ever(besides the 1st)

kingkoopa1080
17th November 2008, 9:13 AM
One of the better battle sequences. This was one of my faves from the orange islands.

Tadashi
20th November 2008, 11:34 PM
Oh man, I remember this episode like I saw it yesterday. I was such a rabid PokéShipper... I hated Rudy so much XD As suave as he was, I was mad that he was trying to get in the way of Ash & Misty-ness... lmao. *sighs* Good times. I loved that Gym battle! I was anxious to see who Misty would root for, and it was so awesome when she started yelling at Ash to have Squirtle fight back.

Oh but the best, the best moment, was at the very end, when Rudy told Ash he was a lucky guy, and Ash said, "why?"

I almost fell off my chair. Undoubtedly a classic! <3

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 12:52 AM
I hated this guy >_> I wanted Ash to just barge in and kick his butt and claim Misty. Good battle though. Squirte learning Hydro Pump was pretty cool.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 2:14 PM
i liked this episode, squirtle even learns hydro pump which was cool to see.

chilo_life
3rd March 2009, 8:20 PM
Hydro Pump was nasty awesome, amazingly epic, tremendously super, etc. I thought he was done at the time, never should have doubted Squirtle.
Ehh, Rudy was flamin anyway.

schrik
5th March 2009, 7:25 PM
Squirtle should have stay with ash.

Blue Snover
6th March 2009, 4:41 PM
I think it was about time Squirtle learned Hydro Pump, Water Gun was getting a little bit old.

I didn't like that gym leader, i'm glad Ash wiped the floor with him.

Littlemyuu
9th March 2009, 11:13 PM
Rudy was a great trainer, i knew Misty liked Ash ^_^
take that Rudy X3

Ice T. Sackboy
10th April 2009, 1:17 PM
Rudy falls in love with Misty!
This episode was so romantic because every time when Ash always asked the leader, Rudy, to focus on the battle, he would focus on Misty.

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 2:29 PM
The battle vs Rudy was strange... i didn't like it...

Squirtle was great, his new move was stong.

6/10.

Lorde
27th December 2009, 12:08 AM
Oh, more Orange Island Shippy-ish episodes. First with Danny now with Rudy. Loved that Ash was a little bugged by Rudy, since it showed that he was at least aware of the potential threat his character posed. The Gym match itself wasn't too intense though. I was so used to challenges and not just battles so this one was disappointing. Glad Misty pushed Ash and Squirtle, and that Squirtle learned a new move; Hydro Pump. My favorite Orange Islands Gym battle episode, 9/10.

Terry. T.
28th December 2009, 10:15 PM
Interesting that Misty had to soak herself, lol. But it was a good cause. (Why can't we do that stuff?)
Hydro Pump'll save the cities from fire.

xCrystalJordan
12th January 2010, 7:52 PM
I loved this episode :D
I really didn't like that Rudy was flirting with Misty, just because she saved his sister. =\ (I guess it's because I'm a Pokeshipper)

Oooh! And I loved the battle too! Squirtle's Hydro Pump totally owned. ;D

JohnLee
16th January 2010, 3:48 PM
Oh, more Orange Island Shipping episodes. First with Danny now with Rudy.

Loved that Ash was a little bugged by Rudy. the match itself wasn't so intense though. I was so used to challenges and not just battles so this one was disappointing.

Glad Misty pushed Ash and Squirtle, and that Squirtle learned a new move; Hydro Pump. 9/10

One of the reasons why I really like the orange islands is because the gyms weren't just battles, but challenges. I guess this challenge was climbing up the cliff without the help of your pokemon. This episode, for me, confirmed that Ash and Misty like each other.

Hikari Paradise
14th July 2010, 6:40 AM
An episode me and the rest of the pokeshippers will remember forever. I'm glad Misty chose Ash.

Misty Lover17
16th July 2010, 6:18 PM
The best Misty episode in this saga and maybe in the entire show. Misty getting so much spotlight in one of Ash's gym battles, wooo, I don't remember a lot episodes like this one. I think Misty should have chose Rudy.

It was just unclear why she'd chose Ash over him without any explanation. We will never find out.

firestar319
22nd July 2010, 5:19 AM
Its funny how every male Orange Island Gym Leader had a crush on Misty. Rudy and Misty are the better match of the two, but I'm glad that she chose Ash in the end

9/10

Sayho1234
25th September 2010, 9:51 AM
This episode was pure Pokeshipping at it's finest ;).

CyberCubed
26th September 2010, 5:40 AM
This episode was pure Pokeshipping at it's finest ;).

For me, Squirtle learning Hydro Pump was the best thing about the episode.

I love Squirtle. :)

Caseydia
9th October 2010, 2:19 AM
This episode was probably the best episode for Misty's goodbye.

G50
8th February 2011, 5:23 AM
My absoulte fav. 2nd season episode by far. The gym battle was awesome! Btw, any1 notice how it looked like Ash didn't even hit every target? when Charizard screwed up it looked like they never got that target. Squirtle learning Hydro Pump was great! I've literally memorized this whole episode I've watched this way too many times.

99/100

Painkiller2001
27th April 2011, 7:14 AM
This episode wasn't too great.

Glad that Squirtle learned Hydro Pump though!

TheEpicGoomba
7th May 2011, 2:03 PM
Misty was very popular with the boys in the orange saga. The gym battle was cool and so was Squirtle learning Hydro pump

AquaMilotic
20th August 2011, 2:36 AM
Great episode. Nice to see someone else than Ash being in love with Misty (it means Misty is attractive in the Pokemon world), and good to see that Misty chose not to stay with Rudy (I support PokeShipping).

Also, the battle between Ash and Rudy was nice and exciting. Good to see Pikachu lose and Ash still win. This shows that Ash's other Pokemon aren't much worse than Pikachu (who is really overpowered in the anime).

Aquarelle
14th September 2011, 12:46 PM
All the shippy scenes in this episode annoyed me a lot. Since I was only about 7 when I saw this episode, I had absolutely no interest in that sort of thing. :/
I did like the Gym Battle though, especially when Squirtle used Hydro Pump!

Vernikova
16th November 2011, 9:36 PM
How old is Rudy anyway? The way he was portrayed made it seem like he was a little bit out of the "just the right age for 10 year old kids" bracket. The battle wasn't interesting and the scenes between Rudy and Misty weren't interesting. Also, the music that played during the work out scene and the battle was hilariously bad. I don't know how I used to enjoy that music.

Blessed
22nd January 2012, 4:23 AM
I love this episode!!! ash getting all jelly is so cute hehehee.

AquaMilotic
23rd January 2012, 12:03 AM
How old is Rudy anyway? The way he was portrayed made it seem like he was a little bit out of the "just the right age for 10 year old kids" bracket. The battle wasn't interesting and the scenes between Rudy and Misty weren't interesting. Also, the music that played during the work out scene and the battle was hilariously bad. I don't know how I used to enjoy that music.

I'd estimate Rudy to be around 20-25 years old. What age do you estimate him?

Danny falling in love with Misty was much more pedophile-like: I'd say Danny is in his late twenties, around 28-30.

Blessed
30th January 2012, 12:34 AM
I love this episode!!! Misty was really liked by guys in the orange saga, I loved how in the end she chose to stay with Ash. <3

Calamity™
2nd February 2012, 12:53 AM
Starmie using Thunderbolt... yay!

Squirtle learning Hydro Pump... yay!

Misty staying with Ash rather than Rudy... boo! She should have stayed with Rudy rather than traveling with that annoying kid. Their was some romance going on! Shame she made such a bad decision!

AquaMilotic
2nd February 2012, 1:06 PM
Misty staying with Ash rather than Rudy... boo! She should have stayed with Rudy rather than traveling with that annoying kid. Their was some romance going on! Shame she made such a bad decision!

Sure, Rudy loved Misty, but there is much more romance going on between Ash and Misty! I'm not a fan of Ash, but I am a PokeShipper.

Misty never loved Rudy, she pretended to in order to see if Ash would be jealous, to get proof of PokeShipping from Ash's side.

And if Misty stayed with Rudy, she'd be out of the show. It's horrible that she has been taken out at the end of Jotho, but if she'd be removed from the show on the Orange Islands, it'd be even more horrible.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
2nd February 2012, 1:07 PM
this was a perfect episode for 4 kids to make more fake pokeshipping statements

Blessed
2nd February 2012, 11:07 PM
Omg the ending of this episode, shipping so hard.

Falstaff
21st February 2012, 4:47 AM
I'd be perfectly happy if Misty were the main character of the series. Her episodes are always a treat.

Blessed
21st February 2012, 5:08 AM
I'd be perfectly happy if Misty were the main character of the series. Her episodes are always a treat.

Aw lol I would LOVE that! she needs her own spinoff!

AquaMilotic
21st February 2012, 10:59 AM
Aw lol I would LOVE that! she needs her own spinoff!

She has some own Pokemon Chronicles episodes... However, that's not her own spinoff, only a few episodes... And Ash should also be in that spinoff (to make PokeShipping canon)!

Falstaff
22nd February 2012, 5:06 AM
I did feel kind of bad for Marie at the end. She clearly wanted Misty to stay and be her big sister and was clearly hurt when Misty supported Ash over Rudy (plus she knows more about romance than Ash and she's like 5 years old...).

Calamity™
22nd February 2012, 4:37 PM
And if Misty stayed with Rudy, she'd be out of the show. It's horrible that she has been taken out at the end of Jotho, but if she'd be removed from the show on the Orange Islands, it'd be even more horrible.

Yeah, never thought about that. :< Maybe there should be an episode in the future with her back with Rudy and his sister! Seeing as she probably won't be in the main series now with Iris being there.

AquaMilotic
22nd February 2012, 4:52 PM
Yeah, never thought about that. :< Maybe there should be an episode in the future with her back with Rudy and his sister! Seeing as she probably won't be in the main series now with Iris being there.

That's a good suggestion! And then, Ash and Misty should be kissing while Rudy watches! Then he'd have to accept and understand PokeShipping!

When I saw this episode for the first time as a little kid, I was really afraid that Misty would stay with Rudy... I'm so glad she didn't, her love for Ash prevailed!

Misty never loved Rudy, she pretended to in order to see if Ash would be jealous, to get proof of PokeShipping from Ash's side. And a second appearance for Rudy and Misty would be a great opportunity to make PokeShipping canon!

silent_control
25th February 2012, 8:02 PM
When I've heard the music for the first time, I was sure that Squirtle would turn the tide of the match. One of my favourite episodes within the Original + Orange saga.

Caseydia
26th February 2012, 1:35 AM
I'd estimate Rudy to be around 20-25 years old. What age do you estimate him?

Danny falling in love with Misty was much more pedophile-like: I'd say Danny is in his late twenties, around 28-30.

People really can't figure out ages in this show, can they? You really thought Rudy was 20 years old. Yet James was supposed to be in his 20's and people thought he was a teen. It's kind of weird. Anyways, I'm glad Squirtle learned Hydro Pump. However, I wonder what would have happened if Ash letted Exeggutor fall of the cliff.:D

Blessed
26th February 2012, 1:54 AM
LOL @ the people who liked Squirtle learning Hydro Pump while the rest of us go gaga over the poke hints.

silent_control
26th February 2012, 9:07 AM
^
Because Squirtle is one of the best pokemon out of the #6_ _.

Blessed
26th February 2012, 10:19 AM
OMG, Pidgeot is awesome too!

UnbelievableUrsula
4th March 2012, 2:51 AM
LOL @ the people who liked Squirtle learning Hydro Pump while the rest of us go gaga over the poke hints.

But Squirtle was also a big part of this episode. So did the badge and whatever else.

Overall I give this episode

4/10

Ne0n-H!tch'd
6th March 2012, 8:11 PM
Squirtle shined in this one!

CyberCubed
20th March 2012, 8:51 AM
Agreed with the above posts, this episode was good for Squirtle finally getting a big Gym win. The whole shipping stuff was overblown and unneeded. Especially with Rudy liking her for no apparent reason really.

I'm glad they stopped doing this as the series progressed.

Blessed
20th March 2012, 9:30 AM
Lol wonder why guys liking Misty bothers you is beyond me, If guys like Misty it's because she's beautiful. That's why we have Rudy & Danny

AquaMilotic
20th March 2012, 5:19 PM
Lol wonder why guys liking Misty bothers you is beyond me, If guys like Misty it's because she's beautiful. That's why we have Rudy & Danny

Perfect post! And not only Rudy and Danny, but also Ash, Doctor Proctor and Georgio! In the Pokemon World, Misty seems to be very attractive, as she gets a lot of male attention.

The shipping definitely wasn't overblown (like CyberCubed said), it was one of the most important themes of the Orange Islands season! Not only this episode and the one with Danny, but also the one with the two Nidoran, and the second movie, "The Power of One" had PokeShipping moments.

I liked both Squirtle getting an important win AND the PokeShipping moments. I just love this episode so much!

silent_control
20th March 2012, 9:13 PM
Perfect post! And not only Rudy and Danny, but also Ash, Doctor Proctor and Georgio! In the Pokemon World, Misty seems to be very attractive, as she gets a lot of male attention.

The shipping definitely wasn't overblown (like CyberCubed said), it was one of the most important themes of the Orange Islands season! Not only this episode and the one with Danny, but also the one with the two Nidoran, and the second movie, "The Power of One" had PokeShipping moments.

I liked both Squirtle getting an important win AND the PokeShipping moments. I just love this episode so much!

Yea, but at that moment Ash couldn't have cared less if Misty had stayed with Rudy (maybe it's a bit too much saying this), in opposition with how he had felt after the Silver Conference separation.

Vernikova
20th March 2012, 9:20 PM
The shipping definitely wasn't overblown (like CyberCubed said), it was one of the most important themes of the Orange Islands season! Not only this episode and the one with Danny, but also the one with the two Nidoran, and the second movie, "The Power of One" had PokeShipping moments

Shipping wasn't important at all. None of those hints ever led anywhere between the two by the end of the Orange Islands or even Johto. Just because a season has a few episodes with some hints in it doesn't mean it was a theme or something. They were just shipping hints.

AquaMilotic
20th March 2012, 9:25 PM
Yea, but at that moment Ash couldn't have cared less if Misty had stayed with Rudy (maybe it's a bit too much saying this), in opposition with how he had felt after the Silver Conference separation.

That is WAY too much to say! Ash was so jealous about Rudy flirting with his girlfriend! Ash fell in love with Misty when he saw her for the first time, and Misty fell in love with Ash at that moment as well. And Misty was never actually interested in staying with Rudy. I already explained that in an earlier post: "Misty never loved Rudy, she pretended to in order to see if Ash would be jealous, to get proof of PokeShipping from Ash's side." That's the same as with Danny.

However, it is true that Misty actually leaving made Ash even more sad: they were together for longer, which made the parting even more painful and sad, for both of them.

Blessed
20th March 2012, 9:45 PM

The shipping definitely wasn't overblown (like CyberCubed said)

Thanks, and oh yea lol. It's funny how a lot of guys like Misty and a lot of girls like Ash. Danny, Rudy, Dr Proctor, and OMG Georgio, Melody, Macy etc. they're hot.

AquaMilotic
20th March 2012, 9:49 PM
Thanks, and oh yea lol. It's funny how a lot of guys like Misty and a lot of girls like Ash. Danny, Rudy, Dr Proctor, and OMG Georgio, Melody, Macy etc. they're hot.

So true! Misty: Ash, Danny, Rudy, Doctor Proctor and Georgio. Ash: Macy, Misty, Melody, Bayleef and Latias. But Ash and Misty are only interested in each other! <3

Angel, I liked both the battle and the shippy moments. Did you also like the battle, regardless of PokeShipping?

I really liked the test before the battle: Charizard using Flamethrower and Misty getting angry was funny! I always love the original Gym Battles and/or tests before them! I also liked the idea of battling with the same type of Pokemon, which Rudy did (Pikachu vs. Electabuzz, Bulbasaur vs. Exeggutor, Squirtle vs. Starmie).

silent_control
20th March 2012, 10:03 PM
That is WAY too much to say! Ash was so jealous about Rudy flirting with his girlfriend! Ash fell in love with Misty when he saw her for the first time, and Misty fell in love with Ash at that moment as well. And Misty was never actually interested in staying with Rudy. I already explained that in an earlier post: "Misty never loved Rudy, she pretended to in order to see if Ash would be jealous, to get proof of PokeShipping from Ash's side." That's the same as with Danny.

However, it is true that Misty actually leaving made Ash even more sad: they were together for longer, which made the parting even more painful and sad, for both of them.

Yes, but Ash seemed more focused on getting the badge than expressing 'jealousy'. I mean, I feel that he was more annoyed that Rudy was completely ignoring him when they first met (even if Misty's Staryu did the job saving his sister, Lapras and Ash helped a bit too) than being jealous.

EDIT: I love that on this forum we have the opportunity to analyze the episodes so deeply!

Caseydia
20th March 2012, 10:41 PM
Yes, but Ash seemed more focused on getting the badge than expressing 'jealousy'. I mean, I feel that he was more annoyed that Rudy was completely ignoring him when they first met (even if Misty's Staryu did the job saving his sister, Lapras and Ash helped a bit too) than being jealous.

EDIT: I love that on this forum we have the opportunity to analyze the episodes so deeply!

Yeah just be glad we're not in bulbagarden or we would have all been banned along time ago.

However, I thought Rudy was cute. And the little girl was reading too much into the whole brother and sister thing. I also felt Tracey is always invisible in these kinds of episodes. 3/10

Blessed
26th March 2012, 6:02 AM
Misty made the right choice!!

CyberCubed
26th March 2012, 6:11 AM
Misty made the right choice!!

To be honest, was it? Ash is likely going to continue traveling on endless adventures, while Misty still hasn't left the Gym in three generations now.

If Misty had stayed with Rudy she might have had a happy ending.

Blessed
26th March 2012, 6:59 AM
To be honest, was it? Ash is likely going to continue traveling on endless adventures, while Misty still hasn't left the Gym in three generations now.

Ugh Cyber you are unbelievable Misty did NOT like Rudy why would she have stayed then her traveling would have been over with Ash since ep 103 would be her last.

Oh Please you just didn't wanna see her again, and you don't know what she's doing. She is not always at the gym and you don't know what she does off screen!!

Her dream is to become a water pokemon master!!

pokemon fan 132
26th March 2012, 5:29 PM
I remember when i watched this episode for first time and even now i view it equally enjoyable. I liked way in which Rudy mixed dancing with pokemon battles and his interest for Misty was nice unexpected twist causing jealousy and anger with Ash wanting to be noticed which led to conflict and jaundice.
It was strange but amusing that two OI gym leaders got attracted by Misty, writers were definitely more propitious to romance back than.

Battle was good too with bonus points going to episode for Rudy using Starmie(one of my favorites). And thanks to Misty motivation Ash managed to put himself together with Squirtle learning hydropump. Overall this was good and relaxing episode.

I could see Misty in future when problem with substitute gets resolved going on journey to advance her dreams, catch new pokemon and learn new things. She is adventurous, likes to travel and explore making clear how she never gave up from goal of water master putting it currently on hold due to obligations. When opportunity arises though she will probably leave to make further progress following foot steps of Wallace, Cilan, Fantina and several other leaders which leave to grow stronger.

In reality fact that writers themselves portrayed Misty disappointed about returning to gym making clear how her goal is to become water master with gym not being on list of desires was proof in itself how situation with Misty was never cleared up with story being left hanging in air.

If Misty stayed with Rudy she would never had chance to explore pokemon world as much as she was able to Ash, learn more about water type and do steps toward her own dreams. Im sure Rudy was wealthy enough to provide her many things, but money cant buy happiness.

AquaMilotic
26th March 2012, 6:00 PM
I remember when i watched this episode for first time and even now i view it equally enjoyable. I liked way in which Rudy mixed dancing with pokemon battles and his interest for Misty was nice unexpected twist causing jealousy and anger with Ash wanting to be noticed which led to conflict and jaundice.
It was strange but amusing that two OI gym leaders got attracted by Misty, writers were definitely more propitious to romance back than.

Battle was good too with bonus points going to episode for Rudy using Starmie(one of my favorites). And thanks to Misty motivation Ash managed to put himself together with Squirtle learning hydropump. Overall this was good and relaxing episode.

I could see Misty in future when problem with substitute gets resolved going on journey to advance her dreams, catch new pokemon and learn new things. She is adventurous, likes to travel and explore making clear how she never gave up from goal of water master putting it currently on hold due to obligations. When opportunity arises though she will probably leave to make further progress following foot steps of Wallace, Cilan, Fantina and several other leaders which leave to grow stronger.

In reality fact that writers themselves portrayed Misty disappointed about returning to gym making clear how her goal is to become water master with gym not being on list of desires was proof in itself how situation with Misty was never cleared up with story being left hanging in air.

I totally agree! And I also like seeing so many guys in the anime (Ash, Danny, Rudy, Georgio, Doctor Proctor and maybe more) being attracted to Misty. She attracted them with beauty, cuteness and kindness!

As I said in our VM's, if I'd be Misty, I'd just leave the Gym. If it would get closed: her sisters's fault, for forcing her to be the Gym Leader while they just relax and do what they want!

If Misty stayed with Rudy she would never had chance to explore pokemon world as much as she was able to Ash, learn more about water type and do steps toward her own dreams. Im sure Rudy was wealthy enough to provide her many things, but money cant buy happiness.

You forget the most important reason for Misty not staying with Rudy: she never liked Rudy! She wanted to stay with her boyfriend, Ash!

UnbelievableUrsula
26th March 2012, 6:26 PM
You forget the most important reason for Misty not staying with Rudy: she never liked Rudy! She wanted to stay with her boyfriend, Ash!

Uh, we dont really know if that's true or not. Misty never said anything. Rudy said it and we still don't know.

Vernikova
26th March 2012, 8:34 PM
Uh, we dont really know if that's true or not. Misty never said anything. Rudy said it and we still don't know.

It would be best not to pay attention to people who romantically pair-up cartoon characters when they're talking about said cartoon characters. They end to exaggerate quite a bit.

CyberCubed
26th March 2012, 11:03 PM
Ugh Cyber you are unbelievable Misty did NOT like Rudy why would she have stayed then her traveling would have been over with Ash since ep 103 would be her last.

Oh Please you just didn't wanna see her again, and you don't know what she's doing. She is not always at the gym and you don't know what she does off screen!!
Her dream is to become a water pokemon master!!

I don't mean she should have left here. I am talking about after Johto ended. It would have been interesting if there was a Chronicles episode where Rudy shows up at Cerulean.

Would have been funny like how Casey and Sakura came back.

Blessed
27th March 2012, 12:42 AM

Quoting just because I love everything you said & it's all true. :)

I don't mean she should have left here. I am talking about after Johto ended. It would have been interesting if there was a Chronicles episode where Rudy shows up at Cerulean.

Would have been funny like how Casey and Sakura came back.

I really liked the Casey/Misty friendship but even more the Misty/Sakura, they had a really close bond. I think it would have been awkward if Rudy visited, because well you know lol.

Caseydia
27th March 2012, 7:44 PM

That's a good point. I actually thought he was going to come back because he was better looking the Georgio.;)

Blessed
28th March 2012, 9:59 PM
(Ash, Danny, Rudy, Georgio, Doctor Proctor and maybe more) being attracted to Misty. She attracted them with beauty, cuteness and kindness!

I agree lol! the first lady of pokemon forever!

Caseydia
31st March 2012, 2:55 AM
this was a perfect episode for 4 kids to make more fake pokeshipping statements

This actually makes sense. It was just to get people hyped yet when these girls get replaced, it happens all over again. It doesn't really change. However, with this episode, I wish she would have stayed too.

Blessed
31st March 2012, 4:19 AM
This actually makes sense. It was just to get people hyped yet when these girls get replaced, it happens all over again. It doesn't really change. However, with this episode, I wish she would have stayed too.

I find it funny how you tend to go all the way back just to reply to a quote that was months ago.

Caseydia
31st March 2012, 10:14 PM
I find it funny how you tend to go all the way back just to reply to a quote that was months ago.

Yeah I tend to do that every now and then but yet so do some other people I don't want to meantion.

However, this episode was funny. 6/10

Blessed
31st March 2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah I tend to do that every now and then but yet so do some other people I don't want to meantion.

However, this episode was funny. 6/10

Well whatever, you did it with intention because that person will never reply to you back.

Caseydia
1st April 2012, 5:45 PM
Well ofcourse I did. This is a episode thread not a shipping thread. You can do that in hopes that no one respnds or even care about what you wrote. But I'm not going to talk abou this anymore. Good episode though. 7/10

32er
15th June 2012, 11:01 PM
It would've been interesting if Misty had stayed with that guy (what was his name again?) but whatever, nice episode and one of the better OI ones.
8/10

UnbelievableUrsula
19th July 2012, 7:52 PM
It would've been interesting if Misty had stayed with that guy (what was his name again?) but whatever, nice episode and one of the better OI ones.
8/10

It would have also been nice to do a chronical about Rudy and his sister as well. They did chronicals for other people who realy didn't have that much significance on the show.

Hyuuga Neji
1st September 2012, 6:18 AM
Squirtle was really the star here. I was glad he shined in the battle against Starmie. Rudy was also a pretty fun character.

7threst
7th September 2012, 11:07 AM
Well, I loved the gym battle and cheer for Squirtle. The whole Misty/Ruby/Ash thing was pretty interesting and I personally was really happy seeing Misty choosing Ash over Ruby - no offence to Ruby fanatics of course xD. Its good to see that even during a gym battle, the focus can be laid on more than just Ash.

AquaMilotic
25th December 2012, 3:39 PM

I agree. I think Misty liked the compliments, but I don't think Misty ever seriously considered staying with Rudy: it would separate her from Ash and would prevent her from traveling.

I'm not saying that Kasumi WAS trying to make Satoshi jealous. I'm not saying that she didn't appreciate the attention that she received either. I mean, I appreciate the attention that she received, so... But when a girl comes from a family consisting of relatives like her sisters, who wouldn't love to get showered with gifts and affection?

You have a very small point about the who time-of-choice... But I still go with what I believe. Perhaps Kasumi, herself, didn't realize just yet how much Satoshi meant to her. And there's actually no proof that she waited till the end to decide. She waited till the end to voice her choice but that doesn't mean that she wasn't all ready thinking that it would be wrong of her to leave Satoshi behind just like that...

I agree, I wish more people would understand and agree with this. I think Misty didn't immediately reject Rudy because she didn't want to hurt his sister, but I think she never even considered staying with Rudy.

This one was a pretty good battle, and Misty stayed with Ash, though some peoples don't even know why

Well, Misty's crush on Ash, and/or not having feelings Rudy?

It was just unclear why she'd chose Ash over him without any explanation. We will never find out.

Well, Misty's crush on Ash and her not being attracted to Rudy seems like a plausible explanation to me.

Well, Ash's jealousy implies something else! XD

ArmadaUGS
25th December 2012, 4:12 PM
This episode is so good!
A great episode for at least the Pokeshippers. This episode (and OI/Second movie in generall) gave us much Pokeshipping stuff. Misty really show us here that she likes Ash more then just as a friend. Misty do get flattered (many people would in a situation like this) but she do realize that her heart is with Ash and that's why she picks him in the end. The fact Ash is also very jealous in this episode is so great!

Like Rudy said ""I'll have you know, you're a very lucky guy Ash."
Ofc Ash don't understand what he means cause he is probably thinking he meant by the battle. But even Rudy could see what Ash/Misty had after such a short while. Would be awesome if this lucky guy could get what he truly wants before the anime ends.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:45 AM
Haha. Another Pokeship episode. But hey, Starmie was used in this episode. I liked when it was dancing in the Gym and when it battled Squirtle. It danced itself into a Thunderbolt. Sucks that it lost. :(

Princess Raspberyl
27th December 2012, 6:18 AM
Haha. Another Pokeship episode. But hey, Starmie was used in this episode. I liked when it was dancing in the Gym and when it battled Squirtle. It danced itself into a Thunderbolt. Sucks that it lost. :(

Orange Islands was like a love letter to all the Pokeshipping fans it seems =P
Starmie ftw! =P I loved this episode as a kid, I remember it being one of my more favorite OI episodes. Also, is it me or does Squirtle's Hydro Pump look more like Water Gun+Rapid Spin? I dunno, that's always bugged me ._. But still, nice episode. I liked the fact Misty was in the spotlight even though the episode wasn't directly focused on her. My favorite episode that focuses on her. :)

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 6:20 AM
Orange Islands was like a love letter to all the Pokeshipping fans it seems =P
Starmie ftw! =P I loved this episode as a kid, I remember it being one of my more favorite OI episodes. Also, is it me or does Squirtle's Hydro Pump look more like Water Gun+Rapid Spin? I dunno, that's always bugged me ._. But still, nice episode. I liked the fact Misty was in the spotlight even though the episode wasn't directly focused on her. My favorite episode that focuses on her. :)
I feel the same way about Squirtle's Hydro Pump. I guess they wanted to make it unique and not too similar to Water Gun.

p96822
6th August 2013, 7:26 PM
This gym battle sucks and they are reusing the same thing from the first two

PokemontrainerY
9th August 2013, 9:02 AM
This episode was pretty good. Funny how the Gym Leader Rudy fell in love with Misty, but It's kinda weird that he fell in love with someone who is much younger than him. Rudy and Misty's interactions were cute though. I liked how Rudy took Misty's hand and started danceing with her. Seeing Rudy and Misty holding each others hands and dancing together was sweet, and sparkly background set the mood for that scene. Rudy didn't paid any attention to Ash, hence why he got mad. He wasn't jealous or something. Also, it's funny when Ash's Charizard used Flamethrower Misty's 'pretty' face and roasted her. XD

I enjoyed the Gym Battle between Ash and Rudy. Ash sends out his starter Pokémon Pikachu, but Rudy sends out a Electabuzz to battle it! since both are Electric- type Pokémon and Electabuzz is stronger than Pikachu, I was expecting Pikachu to lose... and it did! Oh well, at least Pikachu tries to take down Electabuzz with a Thunderbolt and a Quick Attack, but Electabuzz's ThunderPunch was too much for the little rodent. Now it's time for round 2, where both Trainers will use Grass-type Pokémon. So Ash sent out Bulbasaur, and Rudy sent out Exeggutor. Exeggutor was gaining the upper hand in the battle, but before it could knock Bulbasaur out.... Ash orders Bulbasaur to use Sleep Powder, which puts Exeggutor to sleep. I gotta admit, that was a good thinking from Ash's part. If it wasn't for Sleep Powder, Exeggutor would've defeated Bulbasaur. The battle between Squirtle and Starmie was the best out of all three battles in this episode. Starmie was getting the upper hand in the beginning, but Squirtle learned Hydro Pump, which pretty much turned the tables. Squirtle defeated Starmie with Hydro Pump and Skull bash was cool. I'm glad Ash got the Spike Shell badge, he deserved it.

Misty had to choose between traveling with Ash or staying with Rudy. It sure was a tough situation for Misty.... but as expected, she decided to travel with Ash in the end. I thought Rudy giving Misty flowers in the end was cute. It was nice of her to accept them and thank him.

couplesupporter
27th April 2014, 4:52 AM
Would have been more interesting if she stayed with Rudy. I feel so bad that Marie never got a big sister like she wanted.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 5:23 AM
How could I think an episdoe like this wasn't that great? Episodes where Ash has a gym battle are always, in a way, interesting.

Anyway, the battle in this episode was great. Good to see Squirtle learn Hydro Pump. :)

Lorde
4th November 2014, 9:04 PM
Rudy was obnoxious imo. I disliked his arrogance and faux-class, but he was a pretty good Gym Leader at least. The drama between Misty and Ash felt forced though, and I really wish that Ash's Squirtle learning Hydro Pump had been this episode's highlight, yet I remember Misty's moments more than I remember Ash's achievement.