PDA

View Full Version : Bound For Trouble! (106)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 10:19 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/106.gifBound For Trouble!

After getting his 3rd Orange League Badge, Ash & Co. arrive on an Island, where Pikachu is soon after captured by Team Rocket but then Pikachu and Meowth are taken away by a Giant Pidgeot. Can Ash get Pikachu back before Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/106.shtml)

Discuss

meggirl63
14th November 2004, 7:43 PM
I always like the part where Ash and Pikachu are reunited after being separated by distance.

Crystal Latios
15th November 2004, 9:52 AM
I like this episode a lot. We could see, Meowth and Pikachu sia good couple. Honestly, Meowth is not evil and Pikachu is friendly for him. Pika gave him an apple^^ It was cute.

wobbanut
19th January 2005, 5:01 PM
I've only seen this episode a few times, because I got it on tape a lot later than most of the Orange Island episodes (only a little earlier than "The Underground Roundup"), but it still made an impression on me. Meowth and Pikachu work pretty well together, although Pikachu was being a bit of a bully. The best part, though, has to be when Meowth notes that if he and Pikachu had met under different circumstances, they might have been friends. I especially remember that when I watch "Mewtwo Returns" and see Meowth and Pikachu's clones are always hanging together. :)

Gaadi
3rd February 2005, 9:52 PM
One of my favourite episode of the orange Islands!

meggirl63
5th February 2005, 12:02 AM
I like this episode a lot. We could see, Meowth and Pikachu sia good couple. Honestly, Meowth is not evil and Pikachu is friendly for him. Pika gave him an apple^^ It was cute.

Yeah, I like that too. :)

Factory Head Noland
5th February 2005, 12:04 AM
This episode is one of my favourites ever! I just love it.

My favourite part is when Pikachu and Meowth are being chased by the Rhydon and the Pidgeot because it's all exciting and the music rocks!

I'm gonna watch this episode later I've decided...

pikachu146
14th May 2005, 3:20 PM
I like this episode too. Meowth and Pikachu looked like good friends.And pikachu slept on Meowth's body.At last Snorelax attacked Rhydon and Arbok bited Pidgeot.

PokeFan4Ever7783
17th May 2005, 3:51 AM
It was good but nothing out of the oridinary for me. Pikachu and Ash are seperated again big whoola baloo!!! but it was nice to see Meowth and Pikachu work together as a team and even be temporary friends. Ash and Pikachu's reunions are always touching though aren't they? *sighs* :-D the part at the end where the narrator says "they say absence makes the heart grow fonder looking at these two I'd say it's true" I was like oh god so cheesy!!! *gags*

Aptenodytes
2nd November 2005, 2:23 AM
this was a fun episode to watch. as stated before, good to see meowth and pikachu working as a team. they should do that more often

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 2:52 PM
I loved seeing Pika and meowth working together. Seeing the giant Pidgeot brought back memories of ash's. ahh 8/10

Ashy Boy
21st July 2006, 11:00 AM
I liked seeing Meowth and Pikachu being together even though I didn't last too long.

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 2:56 AM
LOL, Meowth and Pikachu, I love these types of episode where they're forced to work together

bhrettzerda053
7th April 2008, 11:35 PM
It was a nice episode. The funny part of this episode is that when Meowth wants to get out of being tied with Pikachu, Pikachu shocks Meowth. And I love the part when they chase and battle a Rhydon and escape from a large Pidgeot. Well, I love Meowth when it befriends Pikachu but I don't like Meowth when it's up to some evil schemes with Team Rocket.

(s.i.e)
5th July 2008, 3:34 PM
it's a fun sightseeing to see meowth and pikachu working together. 8/10.

kingkoopa1080
17th November 2008, 8:45 AM
Another good episode. It was funny seeing pikachu and meowth working together.

Tadashi
20th November 2008, 10:15 PM
Aw, I loved this episode! The first of a few more similar incidents. That whole bit... when they shared the apple... it was adorable! And Pikachu fell asleep in Meowth's lap, oh wut? That's some KrazyShipping right thar :D This episode is what got me hooked, actually. Great episode!

Igottapoo
6th January 2009, 11:55 PM
I love this. Meowth and Pikachu lost together was so awesome. :D They make a great team.

Raikipper
8th January 2009, 1:48 PM
Oh gosh...it's been a good few years since I last saw it, but I can still recall just how much I HATED this episode. I am sorry to go against the almost unamimous praise it's been receiving here, but this was always one of my least favourites of the Orange Island adventures. It's kind of hard to explain, but I found it to be one of those "nasty aftertaste" episodes. The basic concept was pretty interesting, albeit predictable (naturally, Meowth and Pikachu were going to be somewhat loathed at the idea of being stuck with one another, but they would learn to overcome their differences and work as a team...though only temporarily, of course. Once this was all over they would go right back to being enemies again...did you really expect anything else?) and the observation that, had they met under different circumstances, they might actually have been great friends was a nice enough sentiment, but mixed in with everything else it seemed strangely hollow to me. My basic qualm with this episode was that it didn't seem to have much more upon its agenda than to dump as much pain and misery upon Meowth's head as possible. Pikachu may have been in the same boat, but aside from the temporary inconvenience of being seperated from Ash, he didn't have to go through nearly the same degree of crap that his feline counterpart did here. True, Meowth was in this mess in the first place as a result of conspiring to abduct Pikachu, but on his own and under these circumstances he just seemed so pathetic and vulnerable (unlike Pika, Meowth can't exactly hold his own when it comes to battling), and seeing him endure so much roughness, Pika-inflicted or otherwise, just didn't sit well with me.

It was certainly generous and thoughtful of Pikachu to share his apple with Meowth, prompting the talking cat to reconsider his opinion of the electric mouse. But it was a sentiment which clearly meant a lot more to Meowth than it did Pikachu, who never indicated any signs of regret that, after all they had been through together, he and Meowth would have to be enemies again, as Meowth did. Once he was back with Ash, his temporary ally was never shown so much as a second thought. Heck, at the end of the episode, Meowth wasn't even allowed to take some consolation in the knowledge that he had been reunited with his own friends - presumably to give his ill-fated bonding with Pikachu a bit more impact, J&J's flippant attitude toward Meowth was exaggerated to the point where it good as contradicted their actions in previous episodes such as "Go West Young Meowth" and "Meowth Rules" in which they have proven themselves fully capable of feeling concern and compassion for their friend (I will, however, concede that the bit with Jessie and the apple is quite quinessenially her!). Clearly, Meowth must have been VERY bad in one of his past lives to have the fates this hard upon his tail.

If there's one thing which did entertain me throughout this episode, though, it's the bits where Pikachu says something and Meowth translates. There's something about the notion that Pikachu, by saying the same word over and over again, could actually be speaking an intricate and fully articulate language that greatly amuses me. Ah well, it's all in the intonation, I'm sure.

Blue Snover
6th March 2009, 5:08 PM
I think deep down Pikachu and Meowth want to be friends, but neither will admit to it.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 2:55 PM
I always love episodes where Pikachu and Meowth need to be stick together...they would be a great team together

Crumbs
20th July 2009, 2:24 PM
This is a good Meowth episode. I sound like a loser for saying this, but I really wish Pikachu would set aside his past issues like Mewoth did. Meowth betrayed him in the end though, I guess.

Ash-kid
11th August 2009, 3:42 PM
Good episode. i loved the return of Ash's Snorlax, it's was great to see it fighting again.

Lorde
6th January 2010, 8:05 AM
I've noticed that Meowth and Pikachu episodes, though rare and far between are excellent. It was nice to see those two bond.

As for the island itself, it was too much like the Island of Giant Pokemon theme park in Kanto. So it lost its appeal right away.

Snorlax was good, after a while I thought they'd ignore it. 8/10

G50
8th February 2011, 4:27 AM
This episode was ok... I do like seeing Meowth and Pikachu by themselves episodes. They definitely worked on working together even though they were enemies. It's always cool when Snorlax is brought into an episode to fight.

20/100

Painkiller2001
27th April 2011, 6:40 AM
When Arbok bit Pidgeot, that looked like it really hurt!

Meowth and Pikachu were cute together while it lasted!

Tykira
21st July 2011, 11:31 PM
My most favorite episode in this series when I used to be a serious Pikashipper.
Ash and Pikachu being reunited really touched my heart back then :-)

Zoruagible
5th September 2011, 9:36 PM
This episode was cool.
I liked how Snorlax defeated a Rhydon. When I first saw this a long time ago, I thought Meowth would join Ash

Vernikova
17th November 2011, 12:12 AM
Ash was annoying in this episode. I dislike it when he goes into his "bawww" emotional state. They really should've done more with the giant Pokémon. What was the point in making them giant anyway? Pidgeot and Rydon in their regular size could've done the same.

kmyeakel
17th November 2011, 7:20 AM
I enjoy this episode :)

Blessed
31st January 2012, 7:05 AM
I loved Ash's determination to find Pikachu, Misty knew this would come to Ash a mile away leaving Tracey in wonder lol. This episode seemed similar to "Hoenn Alone" It was cute when Pikachu shared the Apple with Meowth

Calamity™
1st February 2012, 11:56 PM
This was a great episode. It was cute when Pikachu shared the Apple with Meowth. They actually made a very good pair, Meowth wasn't being evil and Pikachu was being a good friend! These are the kind of episodes they needed more of!

AquaMilotic
8th February 2012, 7:35 PM
This was a great episode. It was cute when Pikachu shared the Apple with Meowth. They actually made a very good pair, Meowth wasn't being evil and Pikachu was being a good friend! These are the kind of episodes they needed more of!

I totally agree with you, Calamity! Meowth isn't that evil, he has a good heart. It was also nice of Pikachu to share an apple with his enemy. And seeing Psyduck was great as well.

Aquarelle
9th April 2012, 9:19 AM
Those giant Pidgeot and Rhydon freaked me out a little when I was younger. I liked how Meowth and Pikachu were binded together by that rope - watching them having to work together was nice. There's something that just makes them a really fun pair to watch IMO. I thought they were cute together, especially during the part where Pikachu shares the apple with Meowth and when Pikachu falls asleep in Meowth's lap.

7threst
7th September 2012, 2:07 PM
This episode was so good! I enjoyed how Pikachu and Meowth were forced to working together with beating that Rhydon and how Pikachu shared his apple with Meowth. Also Ash was great too with his determination in trying to find Pikachu and did - which resulted in a happy reunion.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 4:46 AM
Pikachu was amazing in this episode. I liked when he was in charge of Meowth. It was too funny, but aww, Meowth was getting the soft side for Pikachu. :3

PokemontrainerY
14th July 2013, 1:51 AM
This episode is my least favorite episode from the Orange islands saga. I didn't liked how Pikachu and Mewoth were working together in this episode, only thing I liked about this episode was Snorlax defeating a Rhydon.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 4:26 AM
It is cool how determined Ash will get when it comes to finding Pikachu. Just goes to show you how much he truly cares for him. :)