PDA

View Full Version : Charizard Chills! (107)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:19 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/107.jpgCharizard Chills!

After it gets Frozen in a battle, Ash tries to defrost Charizard, but Charizard still distrusting of Ash doesnt want its help, but Ash keeps trying. Will Ash save Charizard and will Charizard finally trust Ash?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/107.shtml)

Discuss

Cain
23rd October 2004, 6:33 PM
This is definitly one of my fav eps, all the mems of him and Ash goes through (: Awww

magicpizzadust
24th October 2004, 2:55 AM
I very much disliked this episode. It was dragged on too much, like many of the Orange League episodes.

Hales
24th October 2004, 4:10 AM
I enjoyed this episode because finally Charizard realises how Ash has helped in the past but he was too darn stubborn to except it until now.

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 12:59 PM
It was nice of Ash to stay up all night with Charizard, the Orange Islands episodes are some of the best.

wobbanut
24th October 2004, 10:13 PM
I know this ranks as my choice for the most memorable episode of Pokemon because I like that Charizard finally stops acting like a jerk and starts obeying Ash. After watching so many episodes of him being disobedient and abusive, this episode is always a treat to watch when I'm watching my Pokemon videos. :)

Trillian
24th October 2004, 10:25 PM
Though a bit disappointed that charizrd lost its edge, this was a really good episode. It was really sweet what Ash did for him, even though he'd disobeyed him every time Ash had summoned him. It could be counted as soppy, but it's nice when we're shown that Ash still cares about charizard, despite how it'd ignored him in the past.

ŁańkaŃ
25th October 2004, 12:21 AM
Ah..yes...the episode when Charizard understand Ash real well, and the back-flash...SO CUTE...

That Poliwrath was a bad drawing as the one in the Johto...oh well...it was a cool episode, i'd love to see that guy again, and this time Ash use Grovyle..and that he evovles..into Scepitle...wouldn't that be nice...

Phantom_Bugsy
30th October 2004, 3:47 PM
I wanna see Tad again. He looked like Tracey's brother or something. XD But he was cute. (I don't think it helps that I'm an 80's freak and he definitely looked like a relic of the 80's! XD)

I didn't care for the parts with Ash and Charizard. That just dragged on FOREVER. O_o; And I don't even like either of them. .___.

Pikachu's Thunder
30th October 2004, 3:52 PM
This is one Of my fav's because Ash just keeps trying to get Charizard to listen but Charizard won't but I know their is a part in Charizard that remembers how Ash saved him in one of the really old eps awwwwwww

Ryuu
4th November 2004, 5:17 PM
Ah yes...the episode when Charizard finally started obeying Ash.(about time too!)

It was quite nice; how Charizard remembered all the times he had with Ash as a Charmander...and how hard Ash worked to keep Charizard alive. :D

Too bad Tad's probably gone for good, I would have loved another rematch.

Alfonso
5th November 2004, 4:23 PM
I wanna see Tad again. He looked like Tracey's brother or something. XD But he was cute. (I don't think it helps that I'm an 80's freak and he definitely looked like a relic of the 80's! XD)

I didn't care for the parts with Ash and Charizard. That just dragged on FOREVER. O_o; And I don't even like either of them. .___.

Hee. I pretty much said as much in the One-Shot Ships thread. That Tad looked like Tracey's bad-a*s brother... the Black Sheep of the family, who turned his back on Pokemon Watching/Researching to be the GREATEST POKEMON MASTER TO EVER LIVE. 'Course, Tracey didn't say anything, 'cause they had a bust up a few years back. XD

*must remember to take pictures of Tad for himself and Phantom Bugsy*

Well, us, and the Pokemon Bishies wallpaper I'm going to make. I have to, you see, 'cause I made a Yu-Gi-Oh Bishies wallpaper, containing Haga/Weevil, Ryuzaki/Rex, Roba, Yami Bakura and Noa/Noah. Funny thing is, I haven't even *seen* the episodes with Noah and Roba, only clips. But they looked kick-*** Bishie. ^_^

Phantom_Bugsy
5th November 2004, 6:09 PM
Omfg. You like Roba, Weevil and Rex, too? :O!!!!!!!!!!1oneonetadspoliwrath

That belt on Tad's Poliwrath scared me. I was like 'WOAHWTF. SHINY. *stares at it*'

Alfonso
5th November 2004, 6:17 PM
Omfg. You like Roba, Weevil and Rex, too? :O!!!!!!!!!!1oneonetadspoliwrath

That belt on Tad's Poliwrath scared me. I was like 'WOAHWTF. SHINY. *stares at it*'

Indeed I do. My wallpaper at home is Haga based. I made it myself, actually, 'cause there is NO OTHERS ANYWHERE. Which sucks, 'cause Haga is awesome. Ryuzaki too, although to a lesser extent. *is totally a Haga x Ryuzaki shipper* As for Roba, well, as I said, I've only seen clips on the Official Website, and the one thing that came to mind was 'OMG TEH AWESOME SWOONSOME GUY WITH TEH GREEN HAIR!!!' ^_^o

Anyway... n.n;

Speaking of Tad, which we are, it's a pity we never see him again. I mean, he is one of the very few people who beat Pikachu. And not in a 'Only just made in' way, either. He totally pwned him. 'Course, I would have loved to see what other Pokemon he had. (We know he has at least two... he challanged Ash to a Two-On-Two battle.) I can see him with something like a Golem, or something. Or Mateo's Long Crystal Onix. :D

Phantom_Bugsy
5th November 2004, 6:22 PM
I would want to trade him for Mateo's long Crystal Onix if he had it. XD

That's a good point though, he DID pwn Pikachu.

I would laugh SO hard if he had a Dodrio.

*almost typed 'if he had a Dario''* >>;;; Eheheh.

I want Pokemon Little Boi wallpaper.

Crystal Latios
15th November 2004, 10:59 AM
Can we back to a topic, horny people? :p

I think, it was a great episode. I like this scene, where Charizard remembers about his past (when he was a little Charmander). I like Ash; he has been so patient for all the time.

Hales
15th November 2004, 11:03 AM
Okay I have a question... after Charizard recovered from being chilled to the bone, and TR interrupted by capturing Pikachu for the 106th time :), did Charizard carry Ash on his back and help rescue Pikachu?

Oooh and also did Charizard get mad when Ash got thrown? (I've only watched this episode once)

Crystal Latios
15th November 2004, 11:18 AM
Okay I have a question... after Charizard recovered from being chilled to the bone, and TR interrupted by capturing Pikachu for the 106th time :), did Charizard carry Ash on his back and help rescue Pikachu?
Yes

Oooh and also did Charizard get mad when Ash got thrown? (I've only watched this episode once)
Yes

Hales
15th November 2004, 1:04 PM
Nice reply :p... can I please have more details... I wish I taped this episode but I didn't... because everyone bugs me at home if I so much as admit my interest in this show.

PokeFan4Ever7783
17th May 2005, 5:06 AM
Great and awesome episode!!!! It's about time Charizard listened to Ash. It was great to see they finally become close friends. I really have to say after Pikachu, Charizard and Ash have the 2nd greatest bond.

Sharpshooter
17th May 2005, 5:18 AM
Could you say this episode was a turning point perhaps? I think so, certainly when Ash won Charizards trust he was capable of going much further as a pokémon trainer, like winning the Orange League for instance (although it's not like Charizard did a lot in that particular tournament though).

Tad's Poliwhirl rocked, that belt of his made him look hard like Mike Tyson or somebody lol.

DarkWobbuffet
19th May 2005, 2:14 AM
One of my favorite episodes in particular. Featured two of my favorite Pokemon; Lizardon and Nyorobon, Satoshi finally gains the respect of his Lizardon (just in time too!), and an awesome battle at the end. The only downside to this episode IMO was how they played the opening english theme during the rematch, kinda made that battle a little corny.

One important thing to notice in this episode was that it was probably the first one where Satoshi actully used strategy in this battle rather then using pure powerful attacks, telling Lizardon to spin to get Nyorobon uplifted into the air. For the most part in the 1st arc and most of this one the Pokemon were just smacking each other around without any real tricks to throw the opponent off. The whole idea of strategic planning went further in the Johto arc, where Satoshi came up with clever stragies to get around the strengths of his opponents.

Koffing Breeder
24th June 2005, 11:24 PM
A great episode! Chairzaid finally liking Ash made a great epiosde. that Poliwrath never fails to make me smile either.

Charizard_swe
14th July 2005, 9:15 AM
My favourite ep. Always wanted to see Charizard obey Ash. And he did.

Batdude
2nd August 2005, 12:46 PM
This just rocked. I was SO happy when Charizard/Lizardon started obeying Ash. The fact that it was also a Poliwrath/Nyorobon episode made it even better. As Sharpshooter siad, it was a serious turning point in the show. Just imagine if it had never happened. Ash could have kissed the Orange League, and the Johto League too probably, goodbye. It was the singular best gain Ash has ever had to this day.

Plus, Charizard using rage looked totally gift.

Pika Hikari KT
14th August 2005, 4:15 AM
I think that was actually Dragon Rage that Charizard was using, as we see him use it several times after that; most notably in his match against Drake's Dragonite: almost the exact same sequence.:)

This is one of my favorite episodes in the Orange League season. Char finally obeys Ash for good, leading to a pretty awesome battle(w/Pokémon World in the BG!). I liked Poliwrath's makeshift WWF(;)) title belt--notice it had a hole for it to shoot its Water Gun and Hydro Pump.:p

Easy 10/10. What more can you ask for in a Charizard featured episode?:p

Team Rocket Admin
16th August 2005, 12:38 AM
This was a good episode. I liked when the writers finally acknowledged that Charizard was a Charmander, and that Ash, and him had good times before. That belt Poliwrath wore reminded me of the P1 Grand Prix belt that Primeape won.

Batdude
20th August 2005, 1:41 PM
I think that was actually Dragon Rage that Charizard was using, as we see him use it several times after that; most notably in his match against Drake's Dragonite: almost the exact same sequence.:)Trust me, it's regular ol' Rage. I own the episode, and myself and V Faction already talked about it. If it was supposed to be Dragon Rage, the dub left it out.

Tifa
20th August 2005, 1:43 PM
This is one of my Fave eps, all for the reason Charizard finally started to trust ash, And awww bless Ash , Staying up all night.

Pika Hikari KT
21st August 2005, 7:10 PM
Trust me, it's regular ol' Rage. I own the episode, and myself and V Faction already talked about it. If it was supposed to be Dragon Rage, the dub left it out.
I know they said it was Rage, but I'm not sure if Dragonite could learn it by TM back then.:p But it DOES learn Dragon Rage by leveling up, as does the Char line a bit later(and even then, there was the Dragon Rage TM in R/B/Y). I know; it's confusing...:p

Batdude
27th August 2005, 12:34 PM
*Charizard sees Ash and Pikachu unconscious on the ground, Charizard's eyes glow white, Charizard's tail flame grows massive, Ash wakes up and uses Dexter*

Dexter: "Rage. One of Charizard's most powerful attacks. Rage attack usually has a devestating effect on it's opponents."

*Charizard blasts Team Rocket's machine and blows it away*

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Batdude/pokemon/orange/rage1.jpghttp://www.maj.com/gallery/Batdude/pokemon/orange/rage2.jpghttp://www.maj.com/gallery/Batdude/pokemon/orange/rage3.jpg

I like how the animators cut out Charizard's wings in the last pic...

After watching parts of this ep and the Championship Match it's actually very hard to determine what is what. While in this ep it is referred to as simply 'rage', the physical effects of dragon rage appear to be the same. His tail flame grows massive both times, and the attack is very similar. Maybe it's a mess up on the dub end, or maybe it was just a memory lapse or something. Ah well.

grovile
22nd October 2005, 9:25 AM
Was a great episode.
Charizard get order from Ash.
10/10

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 5:18 AM
i didnt really like the episode because charizard started obeying ash (ironic huh?)
i found it more interesting when charizard used flamethrower on ash everytime it came out.

Ultimate Pokémon Master
7th November 2005, 7:34 PM
Charizard is my second favorite Pokémon! ;249-d; is my favorite Pokémon though, don't you wish that Dark Lugia could be level 100? I do, and I might have an answer to that, but I am not sure if it would work, but it might.

Just ask me if you would like me to tell you this idea of mine for a level 100 Dark Lugia.

Charizard Chills, certainly in my opinion is the best episode yet! Even though I haven't actually seen it before, but I've seen pictures from it and descriptions of it, and it just sounds much better than any episode I've ever heard of.

And the 2 part Groudon vs. Kyogre episodes sound good as well, you know, having legendaries in it, which I also have not seen.

After seeing pictures from the episode Charizard Chills, I had a least favorite Pokémon, wanna guess?

Esperon
3rd July 2006, 6:28 PM
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Batdude/pokemon/orange/rage1.jpghttp://www.maj.com/gallery/Batdude/pokemon/orange/rage2.jpghttp://www.maj.com/gallery/Batdude/pokemon/orange/rage3.jpg

I like how the animators cut out Charizard's wings in the last pic...

That wasn't the only mistake they made in this epi!! I haven't got piccies, but tis when Tad wants a rematch with Ash, there are about 5 different screen angles given, Ash varied with hat and jacket to without, even though he left his hat+jacket behind at camp!

Still not as good as leaving out a set of wings ;)

btw, i love this epi!!

JONNO.FRESH
5th July 2006, 5:40 AM
an awesome way to end the second season. Charizard Rocked in this epi and Ash beating tad was kool. Btw at the start of the epi when they hop on tads boat Traceys head band is green and not red.

GoggleHead
5th July 2006, 7:19 PM
An episode where Charizard beats a Water Pokemon, how much better could an episode possibly be?

Esperon
5th July 2006, 11:30 PM
Hmm, this epi really didn't have much amimation screening, or dubbing screening for tracey's headband to change colour, ash's clothes to appear+re-appear, charizard to lose his wings and to muck up a dubbing!

dannyphantomhott
10th July 2006, 5:44 AM
I liked this episode a lot. Though I do find Chazard a bit overated now, but its still a freakin awesome episode none the less. Twas sweet how Ash stayed up all night, and I loved the ending how they did that.

Umi Mizuno
24th August 2006, 6:58 PM
Really good episode, but the only thing that I was watching was Tad's twazzer. *whistles* At least we saw some character development in Ash in this episode and Charizard.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
1st September 2006, 11:41 AM
This was one of my favourite episodes, which I watched again last night. It is one of those turning-point episodes, that everyone has been waiting for to happen.
Anyone want to hazard a guess at Tad's second Pokémon which he claimed he was going to use. He also should have handed over the Power Belt to Charizard once it defeated Poliwrath.

Knight_Ram
6th December 2006, 10:58 PM
Lol this episode was pretty good, especially since it was the episode where Ash and his Charizard become friends! I give it a 8/10

ShinyManafi
22nd December 2006, 3:55 AM
Finally, it was time for Charizard to listen to Ash, yeah, I really like this one

Pacman
11th January 2007, 8:07 PM
A OK episode. Charizard finally listens to Ash.

(s.i.e)
5th July 2008, 3:40 PM
it sure was a good episode to watch especially now charizard listens to ash.

pokeguru
3rd October 2008, 7:25 AM
This episode, was with no doubt, gooooldeeeeen!
I mean golden, not the fish.

Tadashi
5th October 2008, 4:45 AM
Oh, Charizard :D

I can see why this episode is one of the Top 3 Charizard-related episodes. I loved the whole thing! Ash stayed up all night caring for his fire lizard, and just the thought is enough to warm my heart ^^ It would take a really uncaring person to realize how much Ash actually cares, and Charizard certainly appreciates it.

Tears of joy :'D This is a classic. I only wish I could watch it again! <3

Torpoleon
5th October 2008, 3:23 PM
i like this episode because now Charizard obeys Ash.

Blue Snover
8th October 2008, 1:48 PM
This was a nice turning point for Ash and Charizard, because Charizard realised that Ash was worthy of being its trainer.

Stabberz
8th October 2008, 3:57 PM
I Liked How Charizard Learned Dragon Rage but after that and Johto We Never saw it in the Brief appearances that it had

kingkoopa1080
18th November 2008, 1:45 AM
Great episode, charizard is by far ashes best poke

dagon22
18th November 2008, 6:24 AM
I thought this episode was cool. It was great to see how much Ash cared for his pokemon, and how that message was finally caught by Charizard.

reppa
18th November 2008, 6:32 AM
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me meeeeeeeeeeeeeee in in in in in in in in in in in in in the the the the the the asssssssssssss you silly GoLdUcK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pkmntrjk6
1st January 2009, 12:54 PM
Man i was so excited when i saw this ep.i started jumping up and down when charizard started obeying.Ash really deserves his respect to i think but if ash had have handled the situations with charizard differently he might have never gotten his respect.
PKMNTRJK6;006;

pkmntrjk6
1st January 2009, 12:56 PM
Great episode, charizard is by far ashes best poke
you are so right i mean his like the 3rd stage evolution he's got.
PKMNTRJK6;006;

Igottapoo
1st January 2009, 8:52 PM
^ Don't double post.

Good episode. But I think it was still funny when he didn't listen to him.

schrik
1st January 2009, 9:42 PM
I liked this episode. ash gained charizard respect.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 3:39 PM
I love this epi...Charizard finally trust Ash ^_^
charizard is the best

.Wind.
7th July 2009, 4:13 AM
I watching this one right now...It was my favorite when Orange Island was on T.V

Tad seems different then most of the one shot tough guys...even tough he looks like damion and souns like him, Tad even gave Ash the chance to switch out Charizard and he doesn't seem cocky.... this one is pretty good.

Dragonitewarrior
1st September 2009, 11:53 AM
can`t charizard use a fire atk to defrost?

Dragodynamite
1st September 2009, 12:03 PM
It was like the last episode showed here in my country. They just stopped Orange league here and holded it at that pace for ages. Suddenly they started the Johto region. But I never found that out, So I watched jotho in Swedish. xD

STICKTOPIA
24th September 2009, 11:59 PM
It was like the last episode showed here in my country. They just stopped Orange league here and holded it at that pace for ages. Suddenly they started the Johto region. But I never found that out, So I watched jotho in Swedish. xD They were doing that here too! They went all the way back to the episode "The Problem With Paras" so many times!

firestar319
8th October 2009, 1:50 AM
After about 50+ episodes, Charizard finally obeys. Yay!

Vipsoccermaster
19th October 2009, 12:43 PM
This episode was good, because it was nice to see Charizard obeying Ash after he helped him defrost.

Nebbio
19th October 2009, 12:52 PM
That was the one where he came up against a Poliwrath wasn't it. That was a cool episode.

Vipsoccermaster
19th October 2009, 9:57 PM
That was the one where he came up against a Poliwrath wasn't it. That was a cool episode.

Yeah, it was where Charizard came up against Poliwrath. Charizard lost to Poliwrath in the first match, but won in the second match.

Lorde
26th November 2009, 11:02 AM
One of the best episodes since Ash and Charizard bond.

I was never expecting to see Charizard starting to listen to Ash. I was surprised.

Too bad Charizard doesn't stick around. 9/10

Ash-kid
17th December 2009, 4:02 PM
My favorite episode in this season.

i loved how Charizard changed, and he was loyal to Ash, great.

9/10

DarthVader
20th December 2009, 11:42 AM
lol, why hasn't anyone mentioned that Charizard uses 6 moves in that episode?

Flamethrower
Rage
Spin
Seismic Toss
Ember
Take Down

That's really trivial though; I thought this was an excellent episode and one of the turning points in the series.

G50
8th February 2011, 5:30 AM
Tied for my 2nd fav. episode of the 2nd season. It was great that Charizard finally listened to Ash after he helped keep him warm and realized how great Ash has been to him since day 1 of them being together. Charizard's attacks have always been the coolest! Great to see Charizard defeat Poliwrath the 2nd time around.

97/100

TheEpicGoomba
8th May 2011, 12:38 PM
My favorite episode of the Season. It was cool to see Charizard listen to Ash. He was so determined to keep Charizard warm. Cool to see Charizard beat Poliwrath.

9.9/10

Nibbles4Ever
26th June 2011, 5:39 AM
I liked this episode even though it was kind of sad D;

Zoruagible
15th September 2011, 3:47 AM
It was funny how Misty think's Tentacruel is pretty, when the trainer wasn't complimenting her.
It was cool seeing Charizard finally obey though

AquaMilotic
1st November 2011, 8:43 PM

Flamethrower
Rage
Spin
Seismic Toss
Ember
Take Down

That's really trivial though; I thought this was an excellent episode and one of the turning points in the series.

It's the anime, not the games. Nothing wrong with six moves.

The "Tentacruel compliment" was funny! It was sad to see that Charizard started listening to Ash, this made Charizard less hilarious...

I still like this episode, although it made Charizard worse. 8/10.

Vernikova
19th November 2011, 2:20 AM
This was one of the best episodes in Kanto, the Orange Islands, and Johto. Ash didn't annoy me as much in this episode. Probably because Charizard finally ended up listening to him.

deathseer
19th November 2011, 2:25 AM
Saw the episode yesterday. One of the better episodes in the Original Series and it was the launchpad for the Ash/Charizard combination that we all know now. Both Ash and Charizard did some serious growing up in this episode.

Interrupt
24th December 2011, 7:36 PM
This episode was the most emotional episode, even that episode where Ash almost lets Pikachu go isn't as emotional as this one.

Bulba the Great!
8th January 2012, 7:46 AM
I'm sure this is just an oversight, but Tad tells Ash he'll 'battle him in the Orange League.' Good thing the league is just fighting the champion...

Blessed
30th January 2012, 10:24 PM
It was nice how Charizard finally obeyed Ash after him & Misty were helping him to recover. The ending was beast because he won and finally listened to Ash.

Calamity™
2nd February 2012, 12:58 AM
Finally Charizard obeys! This is probably the most memorable episode for me, because it was just that epic! And it was about time that Charizard learned a lesson for not listening.

Aquarelle
2nd April 2012, 12:14 PM
I was surprised that Charizard got frozen into a block of ice like that. I never imagined that Fire types could be frozen. During the part where they were all rubbing Charizard, I liked how Ash was talking about his history with Charizard - it was nice seeing flashbacks of when it was still a Charmander. In the end, I was glad that Charizard began to obey Ash.

silent_control
2nd April 2012, 4:35 PM
Yep, Ash deserved an obedient Charizard.

7threst
7th September 2012, 3:46 PM
Golden episode. That moment when Charizard decides to obey Ash from that point onward is unforgettable. The way Ash took care of Charizard when it was freezing from the battle was really a demonstration of a great trainer. Props for Ash in this episode.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
30th September 2012, 7:08 PM
So this is the last we see of the rebellious Charizard. I liked Charizard as a disobedient Pokemon, because he was too cool to obey Ash. He was the Fonzie of Pokemon.

Of course, Charizard as an obedient Pokemon has his highlights too.

pacman000
19th October 2012, 6:27 PM
I haven't seen this episode, but I've read the synopsis. It sounds good; I'd like to see it. The title pun sounds reeeeaaaally inappropriate, considering the theme.

LizardonX
25th December 2012, 4:38 PM
Lol Charizard took a hit from articuno and nothing happened but a poliwrath freezes it and hes out for an entire night.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:47 AM
About gosh darn it time Charizard starts obeying Ash. It took too long. But, Chad was a cool character. I'll add him to the list of COTDs that I actually like.

Shayminslicker
11th March 2013, 2:08 AM
One of my favorite moments came true. Chirizard actually listens. Found it funny that Chirizard got frozen as well.

ashiemore
6th June 2013, 3:28 AM
Finally we actually get to see Ash's most powerful team member obey him. Happy day for everyone.

~ashiemore

PokemontrainerY
26th June 2013, 8:08 AM
This episode is a huge turning point for both Ash and Charizard. It all started when a large speedboat almost tackled Ash and co. after narrowly missing, the driver introduce himself as Tad. Misty interrupts him demands an apology for "almost" hurting Togepi. Tad says that Misty shouldn't be mad because it makes her face look like a TENTACRUEL.... but Misty takes this as a complement and blushes?? Whoa, that was weird.

Anyway, Tad challenges Ash to a battle and he accepts. Tad and Ash begins their battle with choosing Poliwrath and Pikachu respectivly. Despite Pikachu shocking Poliwrath with his tail, it didn't seem affected by it. But it was easily managed to defeat Pikachu with Hypnosis and Water Gun! Ash wasn't happy about Pikachu’s defeat, so he chooses Charizard. Charizard, as usual, Flamethrowers Ash and starts disobeying him. As a result, Charizard gets frozen by a powerful Ice Beam from Poliwrath and Ash loses the battle.

The episodes starts getting interesting from here. With the help of Misty and Tracy, Ash does his best to warm Charizard up by rubbing his hides. I liked how Ash was talking about the good times he spent with Charizard, it was touching. This is when Charizard realizes that despite it disobeying Ash all the time, he hasn't given up on it.... and guess what? Charizard finally starts obeying Ash! The whole "Ash warming up Charizard" sequence was heartwarming, and the BGM(Tears after the Cloudy Weather) was perfectly fitting for the scene. It was awesome when Ash and Charizard worked as a team and defeated Tad and his Poliwrath, that showed what they can do if they work as a team.

This is, hands down, one of the best Orange Islands episodes. Too bad 4kids chose such a punny dub title for this amazing episode, they should've came up with a better dub title.

Dark/Legendary Master
13th January 2014, 1:55 AM
Definitely in my Top 5 Pokemon episodes of all time. Badass emotional episode.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 5:40 AM

Flamethrower
Rage
Spin
Seismic Toss
Ember
Take Down

His kingler used, I think, ten or twelve attacks in one battle in the Indigo League.
Also, the anime and the games aren't equal, anyway.

This episode was truly a momentous occasion. Ash's Charizard finally starts obeying him after all this time! :)
I know this is the anime and not the games, but it is odd how a fire Pokemon can be frozen that easily.

Lorde
1st November 2014, 10:47 PM
Looking back, I was surprised that Tad's Poliwrath's Ice Beam was able to freeze Charizard to begin with. I would've thought that Charizard being part Fire-type would've prevented that, but I guess not. Anyway, I was so happy when Charizard finally started listening to Ash and when he beat Poliwrath at the end.