PDA

View Full Version : Did you cry? PMD1&2

The Scary Dragon
11th March 2009, 12:56 PM
Okay, call me a big wimp but whoever writes the dialogue for these games knows exactly how to pull at my heart strings. I fall completely in love with my partner every single time and cry my eyes out when it comes the time to say goodbye.

I know I get way too involved, but I've looked after these little guys for ages, teaching them new moves, feeding them gummies, seeds, calciums and the like, and trying to make sure that they never, ever faint in the dungeons. I get really attached to them. I feel dreadfully guilty if I do accidentally let one of them die.

Does anyone else become almost heartbroken at certain points in the story?

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 1:21 PM
hmm, i guess i'll just stay ontopic for this one xD

i havn't cried playing these games, it usually ends good after the characters so i have nothing to worry about, though you could use a break from gaming Scary Dragon.

LucarioLuver
11th March 2009, 4:47 PM
I cried at the part that Wigglytuff told me and my partner:" You're not unwanted!"

That really made me cry ;(

PurpleMew
11th March 2009, 5:14 PM
Not to burst your bubble but did you get permission to restart this thread ?

As long as I'm here I might aswell say no I didn't cry at PMD1 or 2 and have never cried at any Pokemon Game or any Game for that.

tinypearl32
13th March 2009, 6:52 AM
I cried at the first story ending, before I magically reappeared on the beach. I was so sad for my partner (Alex the Cyndaquil).

The Scary Dragon
13th March 2009, 10:32 AM
Not to burst your bubble but did you get permission to restart this thread ?

As long as I'm here I might aswell say no I didn't cry at PMD1 or 2 and have never cried at any Pokemon Game or any Game for that.

Sorry, I'm new here. I didn't realise the thread had been done before. I didn't even notice the "archive" button before. I'd love to read the previous thread if I could find it, I'm just searching through the archives now.

BlitzBlast
13th March 2009, 11:28 AM
There's a search button.

You know, on the blue bar with your User CP on it up there?

calze6
14th March 2009, 3:22 AM
I cried. Such a great ending!

Kreis
14th March 2009, 3:34 AM
I didn't cry. Good game though, but not enough to get me into tears.

sweet_piplup123
14th March 2009, 4:57 AM
Nope, I keep my feelings inside unless I am bursting to reveal it openly. But Grovyle...sigh...

Dragon Rules
14th March 2009, 5:34 AM
I did cried a little at the story ending,so sad.......

Hazel_Nut
14th March 2009, 9:18 AM
I only cried in the ending of Red Rescue...then again, I was....uh....nine, I think. Or eight. Boy, did I cry! "If you really want to say a pokemon, you have to wish so with all your heart." I honestly did even if I knew game happenings were set...

As for explorers of darkness...I was too impatient to get the game myself, so I used the internet and read the entire storyline. Didn't cry 'coz I knew what'd happen...

JFate
15th March 2009, 8:45 AM
I cried on both games but a lot more on the second since the logic behind you disappearing made more sense.

MKFC
15th March 2009, 1:55 PM
Really good game, but games don't make me cry. The fact that my cousin breaks them does.

skitty09
15th March 2009, 9:30 PM
I cried too! My partner was really sad and I really liked the little guy. He was my friend! This is me and my partner as smilies: ;393;;025; I'm the Piplup and he's the Pikachu! I might evolve, but I'm not sure.

The Scary Dragon
16th March 2009, 1:44 PM
I cried too! My partner was really sad and I really liked the little guy. He was my friend! This is me and my partner as smilies: ;393;;025; I'm the Piplup and he's the Pikachu! I might evolve, but I'm not sure.

I'm not going to evolve. I've caught the higher evolutions of myself and my partner so that I don't have to. It's like playing with a different pokemon after they evolve, that I haven't bonded with and it just feels completely different. I regretted evolving in PMD1 so I'm simply not going to in PMD2.

BlitzBlast
16th March 2009, 2:21 PM
I saw it coming, yet it was still very emotional.

Didn't cry though.

And as for evolving, the only major change you get is the fact that you no longer see your pokemon sleeping and waking up.

Kind of annoying really.

EeveeSkitty
17th March 2009, 9:25 AM
I cried a bit for both, I ought to restart PMD1, I haven't played in...ages.

The bond of me and my partner is never to be broken, I will never make the mistake of evolving my starter and partner ever again.

A bond not to be broken.

Visual
17th March 2009, 9:30 AM
No, I didn't...or did I? It is emotional, though.

goldgolem
19th March 2009, 5:22 AM
i admit i almost cried on PMD2 but i love the storyline

Yarken
19th March 2009, 6:45 AM
This is realy embarrassing, but in PMD1 I was tearing up just a little bit. PMD2 wasn't as sad for me.

rekreatur
19th March 2009, 7:35 AM
Nah. I'm not too emotional when it involves a bunch of pixels.

AshMayMistyHikarifan
19th March 2009, 8:13 AM
Okay, call me a big wimp but whoever writes the dialogue for these games knows exactly how to pull at my heart strings. I fall completely in love with my partner every single time and cry my eyes out when it comes the time to say goodbye.

I know I get way too involved, but I've looked after these little guys for ages, teaching them new moves, feeding them gummies, seeds, calciums and the like, and trying to make sure that they never, ever faint in the dungeons. I get really attached to them. I feel dreadfully guilty if I do accidentally let one of them die.

My friend, I openly wept each time my character Pokemon saved the world and had to go back home...but then thankfully, some wishes can come true for that character Pokemon to stay in that world at their choosing, sort of like Usagi making that wish 'to be normal'. It was so sad to have ;025; say to ;152; and ;393; (from Time) it was time to go.

It was also sad not to have Manaphy for a little while. My lead Pokemon walked with its partner like it was the end of the world...until that one day when Team charm came in. that resolved my lead character to be even better and to raise an inspired team in ;427; ;280; and ;315;

When I heard what Darkrai did and how it took advantage of the lead Pokemon and took away the ability to be human and sacrificed its friendship with Grovle, that made me angry, and I made sure that fiend paid a big price like Dusknoir.

Man, I can't wait for Sky to come out to go further into Grovyle/Dusknoir. I hope they say something about Darkrai's involvement.

AshMayMistyHikarifan
19th March 2009, 8:17 AM
I cried at the part that Wigglytuff told me and my partner:" You're not unwanted!"

That really made me cry ;(

It was amazing to me how at first, Wigglytuff struck me as being a 'slapstick' like character that wasn't into being serious, but the way it was fired up hearing about the fate of the world and what my lead Pokemon/partner had to endure, it was assuring to hear that 'nobody is alone' and life does have meaning. Even Chatot, as tough as the bird claims to be, also has a soft spot.

Ms.Accord
19th March 2009, 8:19 AM
I actually cried but when I heard of Darkrais plot I got ******, I went all out for that battle.

Sapphire Sapphirine
19th March 2009, 8:23 AM
I didn't cry with PMD1 but it was sad here and there, I DID shed a few tears with PMD2, though. The parts with Grovyle the most and the end when you fade away.

AshMayMistyHikarifan
19th March 2009, 8:27 AM
I actually cried but when I heard of Darkrais plot I got ******, I went all out for that battle.

Yeah, so did I! And I ate a violent seed to jack up my Pikachu's attack to the max. It was so emotional to hit Darkrai with a 335 discharge as my power went down to like 12 out of the 130 something I had left! I made sure my partner and Cresilla got some licks in on Darkrai. Course that darn Rhyperior threw things off when it got in the way and I was trying to knock that out fast while I had Darkrai in sleep mode, and I couldn't use discharge until I got rid of it.

Then I took along ;280; and ;427; along with ;025; and ;152; to team up with Team Charm. Man, my heart always flutters to see the ;428; on that team, sigh. No wonder Pikachu would blush, but I'm sure ;026; would get excited.

AshMayMistyHikarifan
19th March 2009, 8:28 AM

I played them on Time. But I sadly dropped Time in some water and it fizzled the game out. I had to buy a new Dark game and I'm ;025; and ;152;

Trust me, it's better to evolve for I tried my level 37 Roselia ;315; as leader in Travail and my non evolved team got smoked.

I enjoy calling my team Ash ;025; and Dawn ;152;
No matter how I answer the question though, I can't get a female ;393; as my partner, it's always a male!

InfamousMrJ
19th March 2009, 8:46 AM
Cry? Over this? Really? >_>'
No, I'm afraid I didn't cry. Yes, such a "moving" moment, and I enjoyed, but it was nothing to cry over.

heatran_ran
19th March 2009, 1:36 PM
call me a robot if you want to... but, I didn't cry for any of the scenes in MD1 or MD2
i'm worried about myself...

Sapphire Phoenix
20th March 2009, 2:38 AM
I didn't cry during PMD1, but tears did form when I beat PMD2. Ironically, I already beat PMD2 in Japanese before the English, so I already knew what happened :/

Slowking[George]
20th March 2009, 3:52 PM
I haven't cried, but I do understand why some people have. Great dialogue and character development.

Mankanshoku Mako
20th March 2009, 4:35 PM
Only in the end when they cry.

Terrorization
20th March 2009, 6:36 PM
lol im guessin your a girl.
No i didnt cry it isnt actually that sad
btw grovyle is still alive in the future O_o
Its in the new game

suicune lover
24th March 2009, 10:17 PM
I think I cried in the first one but I was young.
I really liked the ending For time but I dint cry this time.

suicune lover
24th March 2009, 10:21 PM
I think I cried in the first one but I was young.
I really liked the ending For time but I dint cry this time.

8885ertd
25th March 2009, 12:00 AM
I don't cry, but I wanted to.

7eeveelutions
27th March 2009, 12:20 AM
I didn't cry. That type of thing doesn't really affect me.

Bella Swan
27th March 2009, 3:20 AM
Yes I cried! I have PMD Blue.
I was sad because
After I finished the game, my partner Tody (Totodile) didn't come to my house to tell me stuff and didn't talk to me anymore. Now he's just another Pokemon that isn't special
=(

zipzap713
27th March 2009, 4:29 AM
Teared up, even though I knew it was coming.

Alloute
27th March 2009, 4:33 AM
No, I didn't cry, it was a video game, so it wasn't like I had feelings for the characters.

I'd only cry if it was real, like if I knew the characters in real life...

Matchre
27th March 2009, 6:14 AM
I totally cried. =\

...what, the end was cuddly, okay? xD

Shadow Tepi 8
27th March 2009, 7:25 AM
I didn't cry but came very close to shedding tears.

mAdkip
16th April 2009, 10:47 AM
I have cried a few times, when it comes to the final chapter in PMD2 (PMD1 was not that moving..) I think the whole character of Grovyle is very dramatical..all the things he went through at coming to his "past", he was alone, or when he said he saw the sunsetting for the first time, or everyone regarding him as thief while he was only trying to save the world..
But the most intense scene was when hero learns he will disappear if history is changed, and then Grovyle leaves his best firend and takes Dusknoir to the future. I really cried there.
I also cried when partner cries and then collapses on the beach..

pokefh
16th April 2009, 2:55 PM
i'm playing Explorers of Darkness, I might get Red later. i haven't cried yet, but i havn't finished. a lot of scenes make me go 'AWWWW!' and a lot of scenes make me smile because my partner does something cheesy.

also, when Wigglytuff takes a few seconds to turn around and says 'Hiya' with that creepy Wigglytuff smile, i laugh. Wigglytuff makes me laugh a lot, actually.

'Friends friends friends!'

Beotium
16th April 2009, 3:24 PM
You know PMD2 has a better storyline of both.
My team partner was Charmander and seeing him crying for the main character you play..
I was moved..deep in my heart.

pokemon special
16th April 2009, 5:56 PM
Grovyle made me cry when he pull dusknoir in the timegate thing and died

talala
16th April 2009, 9:57 PM
No, I didn't cry, it was a video game, so it wasn't like I had feelings for the characters.

I'd only cry if it was real, like if I knew the characters in real life...

same here, i dunno what these people cry about

talala
16th April 2009, 9:58 PM
Grovyle made me cry when he pull dusknoir in the timegate thing and died

he didn't die, he just went back to the future >.>

CloverTheKirlia
16th April 2009, 11:51 PM
To be honest, I did cry, both games. Near the endings of both games I cried. That's just one of the things that proves that I am a sensitive person, the fact that I cry for video game characters.

Kyrizzle
17th April 2009, 5:41 PM
md1 i didnti was mad cuz i was gunna b a human lol and they make u fly up in the air like ur goin to heaven or somthin LOL but in md2 yea totaly lol

Kyrizzle
17th April 2009, 5:43 PM
i didnt criee cuz on grovyle i was angry cuz i only got a 2 person team lol

Kyrizzle
17th April 2009, 5:44 PM
i'm playing Explorers of Darkness, I might get Red later. i haven't cried yet, but i havn't finished. a lot of scenes make me go 'AWWWW!' and a lot of scenes make me smile because my partner does something cheesy.

also, when Wigglytuff takes a few seconds to turn around and says 'Hiya' with that creepy Wigglytuff smile, i laugh. Wigglytuff makes me laugh a lot, actually.

'Friends friends friends!'

yooomtah!!!!!!!

Yellow Aura
18th April 2009, 3:30 AM
Some of the parts, especially the ending, were pretty emotional, but I didn't cry. They did a great job with the story line of PMD2.

Illusione-Tempus
18th April 2009, 4:10 AM
I cried in both stories... Well my brother is playing it and nearly finished so I can watch and weep the ending again. The words were so touching... (I am emotional and sensitive)

Tadashi
18th April 2009, 7:43 AM
I've never played either game, but I did read the entire walkthrough for PMD2. And, yeah, I teared up a little bit when I read the end...

mudkip master
18th April 2009, 10:20 AM
no but almost it was an very emotional storyline.

Queen_Lugia
18th April 2009, 7:47 PM
Did I cry at the endings of PMD1 and 2? Heck yeah. PMD2's ending makes me bawl every time. I also tear up at PMD1's ending too. Just.... you saved the world, and certain circumstances force you to return to the human world/be snuffed out of existence, and your partner's tears and pleas to remain with them always cause me to break down and cry rivers. Of course, I'm pretty emotional and sensitive, so that may explain it. :P

Yuppirox
18th April 2009, 10:34 PM
I almost cried. I can get very emotional when it comes to sad stories. In fact, it was so sad, that I re-played the game to see the story again 3 times. Well, I am a girl, there's nothing wrong with getting emotional like that...some boys just don't get it. ;_;

Purplepassion
19th April 2009, 5:57 AM
The story is very sad and emotional, but no, I didn't cry.

MuppetPuppet
19th April 2009, 8:40 AM
I feel stupid for it, but yeah, I did shed a tear or two.

(s.i.e)
19th April 2009, 9:20 AM
you know, in my opinion the only reason to cry in the PMD games is when you die at the last floor of a gigantic dungeon. that's all.

Seth1789110
19th April 2009, 3:44 PM
haha yeah. I dont cry in a pokemon game for the story, but i did cry on the mission to zero isle south floor 96, and i died on 94...i balled...

MasterofDeath
20th April 2009, 12:50 AM
No, I'm pretty emotionless when it comes to games.

However, I might've teared up a bit in PMD1, but PMD2, it made sense, so it wasn't like 'ZOMG I GOTTA GO NOW BECAUSE GARDEVOIR'S TELLING ME TO SO SEE YA!'.

Toastybob
20th April 2009, 5:34 AM
Yes, but only in PMD1. Didn't like the plot in PMD2 much at all, actually.

Peegeray
20th April 2009, 7:55 AM
i didn't cry at pmd1 because i spoiled the ending for myself.
i did in pmd2 though, i blame the music... and the beach scene.

Wigglytuff FTW!
21st April 2009, 2:32 AM
I got pretty teared up in PMD2, poor Pikachu... He was so sad...

jolteonjak
21st April 2009, 2:45 AM
OMG I wept at the end of PMD2. Especially at the beach part when my partner wept at Bidoof's feet. It was a really tough time for me personally at the time, so the writing of the game at that point just put me over the edge. I knew very well, though, I'd be revived (the Dialga part was a nice touch though).

Pikachu101
21st April 2009, 6:21 AM
I Gotta Admit I Cried So Much
When I Had To Run Away
Cos Gengar acussed me of
being the evil human

SilverLanayru
21st April 2009, 6:34 AM
Well...to be honest, I probably shedded a small amount of tears throughout both endings. They were both so sad (and it also made a lot more sense too)...but when the hero revival part came, my small amount of tears became my tears of joy ^^

serebiifreak
23rd April 2009, 10:31 PM
I halved cried. Cyndaquils crying picture is so.... sad. You like want to cry out loud. But I sucked it in because it's only a game. This is for PMD2 for PMD1 I was like ... okay whatever.

LordVatek9
23rd April 2009, 10:57 PM
OMG! Yes, I was crying so much in a few parts in PMD2 (call me a bit of a crier.) The first was at the part where Grovyle sacrifices himself. The second was the the part where me as a Charmander disappeared and Pikachu was sad. However, the thrid part was when Dialga brought me back, it seemed very humanlike of him to do that. The fourth was when Manaphy had to go away. The fifth time was when Cresselia/Darkrai told us we were uneeded. The sixth (I know that's a bit odd) was when all of the members told us that we weren't uneeded. And the last was when Charmander saw through Darkrai's deception due to his friendship with Pikachu. Okay, that was odd that I cried that much but stuff gets to me real easily. But the part where Palkia destroyed Darkrai's portal was just awesome.

JFate
24th April 2009, 6:12 AM
^I was slamming my desk with my fists on that Grovyle scene. I was all, 'Noo! Dammit, Duskinoir!" even if I've a;ready been told we're gonna disappear soon anyway.

Eh quite a real softy in PMD2 than in PMD1. I only cried once in PMD1 but cried when I was fading away in temporal tower AND when your partner was crying at the beach. I then went to youtube to find the pmd ending vids and cried again watching the pmd2 ending^^; . Man, can't believe I can cry this much for a game, on a handheld no less!

blob
24th April 2009, 7:37 AM
In PMD1 I think I might of cried at the end.
In PMD2 I didn't want to continue the game because Grovyle was gone, but it turned out he's just fine in the future thanks to PMD Sky.

pika pika pikachu
24th April 2009, 5:54 PM
I didn t cry as such it just hurt that they had to part so soon...

Good news is you come back again.

JFate
26th April 2009, 10:08 AM
^Yeah because even the Pokemon god of time felt terribly sad^^. I'm not exactly sure how'd you lived again in PM1 though.

MasterofDeath
30th April 2009, 7:46 PM
Eh?

Didn't cry. I hated my partner, I wanted to release that fiend.

Especially after having my partner make me go through dungeons over and over again...

Xashlei
1st May 2009, 2:59 AM
In the first, because everyone except my partner hated me, I was like "I hate you too then! Dammit, this is all Gengar's fault..." and storm off. I would be so riled up if that happened in real life. And then everyone apologizing to you later, I was relieved, and wanted to hug everyone and say it's okay. Goodness, it's not even real life and it makes me feel like that.

I would've cried more in the 2nd if instead of magically appearing from light, your partner finds the egg where you hatch from somewhere, and is assured it's you by either a gut feeling or some fortune-telling person said so. "Looks like I have to be the one raising you this time huh... your name?" Then you reset your own character at level 1, but your partner will be leader until you're stronger or something. I know it sounds sucky, but it would be cool IMHO. Your best friend practically being your parent... inspired by Meet the Robinsons, haha.

Pokemaniac591
1st May 2009, 6:01 PM

I only ever cryed once, at the end of explorers of time

shiningsloth13
1st May 2009, 9:53 PM
I've never played MD2 (OUTCAST!!!!), but I really teared up at the end of MD1. Poor Charmander. The look on his face when I had to leave.... just thinking about it makes me sad....

FlameRose
3rd May 2009, 7:56 PM
I didn't exactly cry with PMD1. While I was sad to have to see my partner seperate from me, I was 99.99% sure I was coming back.

Darkness....I haven't beat it yet, but ARCEUS, is that game a tear-jerker. One part that almost made me cry of happiness was the scene when the other guild Pokemon give you some of their dinner after Chatot forced you to go hungry for the night. I was all "Awwww, so friendshippy!" And knowing me, I'll be bawling like a baby when my Meowth Nami has to say good-bye to her partner Sparky the Pikachu....

Cassiel
13th May 2009, 12:23 PM
I didn't cry at all while watching PMD1 ending. It's touching but still.. :|

I cried nearly 3 times after beating PMD2 thrice. ;_______; It's just too sad. Poor partner.

Pokefan0234
14th May 2009, 11:54 PM
I never really cried with PMD1 and 2... maybe teared up a bit, but I never cried. :)

mespritchaser
21st May 2009, 3:31 PM
I got teary-eyed at the PMD1 part where me (Oreo - Squirtle) and my partner (Chuck - Charmander) were being chased off by the Pokemon Square. Somewhere on that part, anyway. xD

Sevy <3 Rosan
21st May 2009, 7:41 PM
I actually didn't play PMD2, but i played PMD1. I didn't cry, but i did have trouble holding my tears. The music is so beautiful when you become fugitives. and the ending is heartbreaking too.

ManiaCrasH
21st May 2009, 11:51 PM
I only cried
Palkia kills me lot of times

Raikou_fan
24th May 2009, 1:17 AM
Nope. Never cried. It's a pkmn game, I know it has to have a happy ending! lol =]

BynineB
24th May 2009, 1:32 AM
During the cutscenes? Nope.
During the GAMEPLAY? God, yes.

TrainerCasey
24th May 2009, 6:45 AM
HONESTLY, It made me tear up abit just cause I liked my partner cause they were so "supportive" and I helped them realize they can do anything.
PMD is the only filler game other then pinball that I like.

FlameRose
24th May 2009, 1:49 PM
OK, I finally beat PMD2....(Thank Arceus for Sleep, X-Eye, and Reviver Seeds...)

Actually did tear up a little bit when my partner Sparky ( A Pikachu) collapsed. And of course, I was horribly depressed till my character Nami ( A Meowth ) came back from the dead. XD

But yeah... why are these endings always so dang depressing? *sighs*

coolespeon
1st June 2009, 4:15 AM
Sure I do, every time I restart my PMD1, but the first and only time I have a playtrough in PMD2 I cryed a river when I dissappeared and my partner cries, and I cry more when dialga returned me to pkmn world.

Selia
1st June 2009, 10:23 AM
On my first time playing PMD1 and PMD2, I didn't cry but I do cry when I beat it again. The endings are so sad, and the music makes it even sadder.

Alloute
1st June 2009, 10:31 AM
Well I did cry, in fact I am still crying....

Not because the ending was sad or anything, because...

I spent $34.99 on the game, and I am still suffering because of it...

VERY bad ending though....

Blue Snover
1st June 2009, 11:37 AM
I never cried while i was playing it.

I agree that it was a nice script, but i didn't find it sad, because everything that happened i saw coming.

Quickstar
1st June 2009, 12:54 PM
Didn't cry.

Closest I ever came to crying was in the ending, and when the level 1 Minun I was supposed to take to floor 39 got KOd on floor 36.

(If you're wondering, no, I have not played any PMD games other than Blue. And I have no intention to, but I certainly wouldn't object for getting Time for my birthday.)

ShiroRyu
2nd June 2009, 10:18 PM
I cried when I had to leave my partner, Basil the Chikorita. She was like a sister to me. ;_;

sockyskarmie
3rd June 2009, 1:00 AM
I cried for the ending of PMD2, when I was leaving my partner.

It makes me feel pathetic

shaymin_girl
12th June 2009, 12:25 AM
i cryed on both mostly because of sorrow for having to leave my partner(Yes i support HeroxPartner) and happyness for beating the game

Short Wing
12th June 2009, 2:14 AM
I'm sad to say I did at the ending of PMD2, you grow attached to your partner.

tom-tom
12th June 2009, 3:37 AM
i did not cry and i dont think i will

Miles "Tails" Prower
12th June 2009, 3:41 AM
(Yes i support HeroxPartner)
Yes! If there isn't SOMETHING between you and your partner in PMD2, I don't want to continue living.

To answer the question at hand, no, I didn't cry, but I did feel the strong emotion between player and partner. Main Pokemon games got nothing like that.

Red Moon
14th June 2009, 2:47 AM
I cried in PMD1 during your partner's speech the day/night before you have to run away because everyone's going to chase you. I cried in PMD2 when Grovyle sacrificed itself to return Dusknoir to the future.

Nidoprince
14th June 2009, 3:40 AM
I almost cried in PMD1 when you say goodbye to your partner and float up into the sky to go back to be a human. It was heartbreaking to see your partner in agony of mental pain when you float up to the real world. My friend told me before what happened, and I was like "well...you join up with him again...right? '(O_O)" but still, it was sad when you say goodbye to your partner. And they just had to make your partner crying it's eyes out and laying on the ground...

EDIT: I forgot about PMD2. Haven't finished it, but it made me jump when Dusknoir takes you in the portal.

Mew's desire
18th June 2009, 12:46 PM
(haven't posted a damn long time)
Yess I did cry...
But at leeeast GROVLE's coming BACK!!!!

Dragon of miracle
18th June 2009, 4:44 PM
No. It just a game. It's not worth it.

cptmyname
19th June 2009, 1:18 AM
i Laughed, felt sorry for spanky tho...
(spanky = my partner)

Red Globe
19th June 2009, 1:23 AM
First one - ending was really, exceptionally well done - never thought a Pokemon game could make me emotional so much.

Second one - not so much.

KingRaichu
20th June 2009, 6:24 PM
I sobbed the first time in PMD1 i think, and the ending to PMD2 was sa, but not cry-sad, u kno?

milenadrg
20th June 2009, 7:18 PM
No, I don't cry. Why shoud I? It's just a stupid game, those Pokemon are not real...

Dark Slash
20th June 2009, 8:12 PM
I almost cried on PMD 2, but i am very emotional but i kept it in :) i evolve my pokemon (me and partner because it was simply cool imagine evolving so yaaa......

shinigami13
20th June 2009, 9:16 PM
I've never cried playing a game. Although some games are sad it's never enough to make me cry.

magic_eevee
28th June 2009, 6:30 PM
I cried two times when playing PMD1.
I'm a bit of a wimp I know...

Brumrha
28th June 2009, 7:32 PM
Pffft, you people are weak. None of the parts of the PMD storyline made me cry, as I'm an emotionless person.

Other people will cry themselves the Nile river, & I'll remain indifferent, cause I'm like a stone.

Emperor Giratina
28th June 2009, 8:05 PM
Well, I'm very sensitive. I cried at the endings of both PMD1 and PMD2. They were both very emotional if you ask me. The endings for both games were perfectly done and I never thought a game could make me cry.

Kiba-Kun
29th June 2009, 1:36 AM
I didn't cry in number one but in explorers of darkness I couldn't help but feel sad.

Red Globe
29th June 2009, 1:37 AM
The only flaw was that the both endings were practically the same ~

ijea4444
29th June 2009, 1:40 AM
I usually tend to stay not emotional when it comes to games, it is data overall, but I understand why people would become emotional.

Bluelatios*
30th June 2009, 2:20 AM
Well, I did not cry, but it was definitely very moving. A huge congrats to Nintendo for their hard efforts on making these games have the most epic storylines!

derekkoch
30th June 2009, 3:14 AM
throughout the game i was focusin on becoming a human again an then a tear rolled when i heard bulbasaur's pleads for me to come back

Credential Inflation
6th July 2009, 4:39 PM
In PMD1 the first time I played it, I think I got a bit emotional.. I can't remember very well.

In PMD2 I teared up the first, second, and third time. The storyline is 'G'r'8'.

Ultimate #1 Flareon Fan
6th July 2009, 9:23 PM
I can't really remember all that well, but I think I did a bit for both of them.

Calm PokeMaster
12th July 2009, 9:53 AM
I cried a bucket of tears at the end of the story when you leave your partner.

WynautQueen
12th July 2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I cried during both.

*blushes*

Colossi
12th July 2009, 12:59 PM
wtf ???????

Emo_Kirlia
12th July 2009, 1:21 PM
I can't get to the Zapdos in the begining of the game because It's so ****ing hard so I don't know about MD1 but in MD2 I cried my eyes out at the ending. It was so sad seeing Piplup the Piplup trying to forget about Sydney the Cyndaquil but one day has a flashback of the Krabby Bubbles at the Beach. *sniff* Soo...sad...! T^T

Lempika
12th July 2009, 1:30 PM
I can't really remember how I reacted for both PMD 1 and 2, but I did get very, very sad in the end, even though I expected it to be a happy ending.

Divine Retribution
13th July 2009, 10:53 PM
Err... N/O but its a game... Sorry, but I'm more inclined to cry about the fact that some people are crying about a video game... Obviously I didnt cry. I feel no emotion over pixels. Besides, the plot made it obvious you were going to die or vanish or something. Some of the things Grovyle says sort of gives it away.

j-master
14th July 2009, 12:25 AM
I almost cried on PMD2

Mr. Yoshi
14th July 2009, 12:40 PM
I kinda teared up the first time I played PMD.
Mostly because Charmander's crying headshot looks really cute. >:

mudkip12
15th July 2009, 9:26 AM
nearly... it was quite sad but i held back my tears because everyone would think i'm an idiot. lulz.

diddykong
16th July 2009, 12:14 AM
Uh, yes. Yes I did. And what really makes it embarassing is that I cry every time I watch the ending. Huh. For a guy whose reputation is being heartless/emotionless, this hurts.

tatsujingosuto
30th July 2009, 12:21 AM
I also didn't cry when the game was over, I found that there was no point of doing so

;354;TG

ViewtifulJoe
1st August 2009, 2:12 PM
I have red, and it was sad, but I didn't cry. I don't have Time or Darkness, though I watched some story videos. While the ending was sad, the closest thing to making me cry was with Grovyle. He said some cool things to some cool music and sacrificed his own existence to save them, and the world. I really want to see how he fares in Explorers of the Sky, since I heard there are extra missions, one involving him...and Dusknoir.

Jirachi Chick :)
4th August 2009, 4:28 AM
OMG, just reading this thread is making me sad. :(
I'm so emotional.
In Blue the part where you have to run out of town made me cry some, and then the ending made me cry more.
And Time made me cry sooo freaking much. Especially the ending, the part with my partner on the beach was just too sad.

kirby8933083
4th August 2009, 6:15 AM
I thought that the end of PMD1 was sad but I didn't cry. However I did tear up in PMD2 with Grovyle. ;~; Not serious crying, but I did indeed tear up. I mean, just the history they had going on and the music, and initial shock of the moment. Yea, a video game made me cry. :l

dracoburn
5th August 2009, 4:45 AM
on pmd1 i woulda cried, but i was desperate 4 a save point, thus i was 2 busy desperatly mashing the a button. on pmd2... im not sure if i cried, though i did find myself cussing dusknoir out from time 2 time, just cos he was a nasty lil ghosty that deserved 2 die. but thats all im gonna say on that matter... 4 now...

ViewtifulJoe
6th August 2009, 1:40 AM
It was sort of sad with the scene with Gengar in Red/Blue when he's about to be denied.

ArcanineOod
6th August 2009, 11:50 PM
Oh my goodness, yes. I cry at everything. EVERYTHING.
Both of these games are so emotional, and the storylines just get me everytime. I've played both PMD games twice, and I cried both times. For me, knowing what's about to happen doesn't make it any less powerful. I get extremely attached to myself as a Charmander and my partner, a Pikachu named Pik. He becomes my best friend, and when either of us cry in the game, I just become so sad.
Nearly all of T/D gets me crying, but I remember one particular part in PMD1 (apart from when you disappear) that always gets me. It's when you've been accused of being the human that caused all the distress and you're forced to flee. The way your partner just sticks by you all the way, never doubting you or losing faith. It just shows how deep your friendship really is. In fact, everything to do with the fugitive part of the plot makes me cry. It's just so deep and emotional.
Call me a wimp, but there you have it. I'm a tear factory when it comes to these games.

xX

frozenthunder
11th August 2009, 2:41 AM
i didnot cry but i was really sad at the end of the first game cuz i had felt like the poekmon myself after all that you go through you become attached to the pokemon and are sad when they are sad and happy when they are happy

Rainbowdashtheawesome
15th August 2009, 3:29 PM
I cried on the inside. I didn't physically shed any tears.

Atomic
15th August 2009, 6:00 PM
I didn't cry, but it was pretty sad in both games.

M4zz
15th August 2009, 7:17 PM
I cried at the end of PMD2 only because your character helped the partner through everything and the ending was a lot more moving.

Sweeney Todd
15th August 2009, 8:55 PM
I didn't cry, but it was heart breaking and I had a heavy, depressing feeling on the inside.

Farmermon
16th August 2009, 4:44 AM
I haven't beaten 2 yet (dialga keeps crushing Piplup and Turtwig :() Anywho No i haven't cried in one but I loved the story line