PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Double Trouble! (110)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:21 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/110.jpgPokémon Double Trouble!

On Kumquat Island, Ash discovers Luana, the Final Orange Island Gym Leader, who mistakes him for her son. After defending the island from the Rockets, they head to the gym to have a Double Battle...Pikachu & Charizard VS Marowak and Alakazam...will Pikachu & Charizard learn to work as a Team?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/110.shtml)

Discuss

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 5:26 PM
Now this was a great Gym Battle! Ash's first double battle ever. It was funny when Pikachu and Charizard wouldn't work together at the start of the battle but then they had to work together to win the battle, teamwork was so vital in is battle. Marowak and Alakazam were really tough opponents aswell.

meggirl63
23rd November 2004, 6:14 PM
I really liked the double match 'cause I got to see Pikachu and Charizard working together as a team. HOW SWEET IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

~*Aurora Wish*~
25th November 2004, 1:15 AM
Yay! The Jade Star Badge! It was so funny when Luana tackled Ash, mistaking him for her son, Travis!

Jonouchi
25th November 2004, 3:12 AM
hmm...what ever happened to Travis in the series? we never got a chance to see him in any other episode. where is he?

Ororo Munroe
19th December 2004, 9:45 AM
This was a good episode and the first double battle. I'm surprised double battles weren't put into the games or made a big part of the show until Hoenn. After seeing this episode I wanted to try a double battle myself.

wobbanut
19th January 2005, 6:16 PM
This episode has two things I really like about it: one of my favorite Team Rocket machines (the robo-rhydon) and one of my favorite gym leaders (Luann). I especially like the part where Luann fawns all over Ash, just like that one mom did in season one's "Hypno's Naptime". I still remember the week they were doing "outtakes" during the Road to Indigo, and they did outtakes for this scene. I loved Brock showing up and asking if he could do the scene. :D :D :D

Also, I really like Team Rocket's machine because I think it was interesting how they used their pokemon to both power up the machine and launch attacks. That was definitely a unique device. The title of this episode is so misleading, though. I always associate "double trouble" with Team Rocket, so it seems they would play a bigger role in the episode than they do. It turned out that the double trouble only had to do with the gym battle. :(

As for the gym battle, I'm glad Charizard learned how to be a team player. :)

Aptenodytes
1st November 2005, 8:46 PM
great gym battle and a great way to show the first ever double pokemon battle. i thought the battle wasnt as great as the others though, but it was still enjoyable to watch 9/10

Pikachu
18th November 2005, 9:33 PM
Really great double battle. This was the best gym battle in the Orange League ever.

The Phantom Thief
19th November 2005, 10:47 PM
I found it interesting that they introduced Double Battles when Ruby, Sapphire or the Hoenn Region didn't exsist at that time. I liked the gym battle and seeing Charizard used correctly for the first time in a battle and not being disobedient.

Dr. Sun
28th November 2005, 1:32 AM
What can I say that hasn't already been said? Charizard unleashes his full power and finally listens to Ash. Ash uses his two strongest pokemon against a group of worthy adversaries, and delivers an awesome battle into the bargain. Brilliant episode.

Ranger Ichi
24th April 2006, 2:04 AM
O Coronis Poderia criar sprites dos gym leaders of Orange League??? Seria muito bom para nós fâs...

Ashy Boy
9th July 2006, 11:01 AM
Great episode especially when Jessie went ballistic and then really mad (and vain) for being called old.

dannyphantomhott
10th July 2006, 3:29 AM
One of my favorite episodes, plus yah get to see Ash in his swim suite =]
And that part where the mom mistook Ash for her son, halerious. We need another episode like that for AG, it would be funny to see May's face if that happend. Any who I enjoyed it.

Pure
23rd August 2006, 5:19 AM
This was a great episode, not only for the Double Battle, but for the humor (tackling thing) although at Alakazam's expense. That was cheap how he lost... Nonetheless,

9.5/10

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 9:52 PM
Very good gym battle, the only one battle better is the Pumelo Stadium one

Battra
29th May 2008, 3:36 PM
Yeah excellent episode Ash's first official double battle way before they introduced them in the Hoen region. Luana is one of my favorite gym leaders mostly because she helped introduce double battles. A couple errors I got to point out Charizard should be affected by Bonemerang since he's part flying, also he shouldn't be able to use Tackle since neither Charizard or his pre-evolutions can't learn the move.

(s.i.e)
5th July 2008, 4:13 PM
i liked this episode, that double battle was awesome.

kingkoopa1080
18th November 2008, 2:57 AM
Definitely one of the better gym battles. It was pretty sick seeing pikachu jump on charizard and go to work. Whatever happened to that Travis kid?

Tadashi
20th November 2008, 10:44 PM
I liked Luana, she was so funny! Tackling Ash... too funny! :D

The battle was pretty good too. The first ever Double Battle, if I recall correctly. Seeing Pikachu and Charizard working together was perfection ^-^ Good episode all & all.

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 1:11 AM
Good episode. Ash probably felt lucky getting squeezed in her breasts like that :P Good double battle too.

Blue Snover
6th March 2009, 5:46 PM
I think the double battle was a good idea, it got Ash prepared for anything he might encounter in the future.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 3:56 PM
I like this episode, Luana is my fave Orange island leader..she got Marowak
and her name is the same as my dog XD

dougtrio
20th November 2009, 10:54 AM
Does anybody else think it would've been cooler if Luana turned out to be Richie's mother? Instead of making it a meaningless character named Travis that we'd never see?

Lorde
4th December 2009, 9:19 AM
Hmm I liked Luana. She was all in your face.

I really enjoyed the double battle because Pikachu and Charizard worked together. It was easy to get the badge when you have your 2 strongest Pokemon with you.

7/10

Ash-kid
8th December 2009, 10:40 AM
It was a great double battle.

Pikachu and Charizard were very stubborn, untill they have relaized they needs to win for Ash.

And i loved how Luana thought that Ash is her son.

Swampert_trainer
25th December 2009, 4:51 AM
Its funny to think about how back in the day double battles were some fresh new idea that this gym leader came up with and now they're all the rage.

I enjoyed this episode a lot.

carol.limesat
3rd October 2010, 3:16 AM
That was a great episode. . .picachu

firestar319
5th October 2010, 8:51 AM
Ah the first ever double battle in pokemon. It was a pretty good battle, even if Charizard and Pikachu didn't get along in the beginning. Also, Luana had a pretty cool personality.

8/10

G50
8th February 2011, 5:51 AM
Very good episode. I really liked the Double battle for the gym battle. The 1st time they introduced this to Pokemon. Charizard and Pikachu won the gym battle in a really cool way. to defeat Alakazam and Marowak was a very good feat.

80/100

hever
3rd March 2011, 5:16 AM
Luana tackling Ash like that made my day. I like when Ash gets bullied. And Charizard/ Pikachu team?? Mmm...

6/10

Boring.

Vernikova
23rd November 2011, 9:16 PM
Ash should've lost the battle but I guess they didn't want to extend the Orange Islands any further. The battle was boring though and Luana was annoying. It would've been interesting to see James teach Weezing Hyper Beam at some point but I guess it was still classified as a game breaking attack at this point.

Aquarelle
26th November 2011, 12:42 PM
It was funny when Luana thought that Ash was her son (isn't this like the second time that's happened?). I do wonder what happened to Travis though...

Making the Gym Battle a double battle was something I found interesting. I especially like how the match ended, with Alakazam and Marowak getting hit by each other's attacks. :p

Blessed
30th January 2012, 6:20 PM
This episode was nice, it was so cute when Ash and Misty took a bath in that tub and Pikachu washing Togepi's back. The double battle was really exciting to see & I'm glad Ash won his last badge to compete in the Orange League.

AquaMilotic
8th February 2012, 8:44 PM
The first anime double battle! This was a memorable episode, just because of that. The battle itself was pretty nice, Charizard being stubborn but then winning after that, that's typically Charizard. Luana thinking Ashyboy was her son was funny. 9/10.

Calamity™
13th February 2012, 6:20 PM
It's Dodrio!
I still find it weird how she couldn't even recognise that Ash wasn't her son. I quite liked Team Rocket's Rhydon machine in this one! It was like a roulette of their Pokémon. And yay, the first Double battle. Luana was a cool Gym Leader, and her Gym Hotel thing looked fabulous!

http://i40.*******.com/2qvffqt.png
"I'M NOT OLD!!!!" lol

7threst
7th September 2012, 5:26 PM
The first part was boring. Seeing as the first half was focused on Team Rocket's mischievous plan in stealing Team Rocket. The second part was better. A apic battle with both Charizard and Pikachu overcoming odds and working together as a team and winning the match.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:53 AM
The first Double Battle in the anime. Well, the first official Double Battle in the anime. Pikachu and Charizard are a good team. :) Luana was a funny character. It was funny to hear Misty call Jessie old.

Princess Raspberyl
27th December 2012, 6:09 AM
The first Double Battle in the anime. Well, the first official Double Battle in the anime. Pikachu and Charizard are a good team. :) Luana was a funny character. It was funny to hear Misty call Jessie old.

Ironic, since in another anime that 4kids dubbed (Dinosaur King, I love that anime D8 ...But mostly cuz of the fact I love dinosaurs ._.) a character Jessie's VA voices gets incredibly ticked when called old. D8 Concidence probably, but funny nonetheless. =P I don't remember much of this episode but I liked it. ^_^ Yay for two of my favorite Pokemon working together. :D

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 6:10 AM
Ironic, since in another anime that 4kids dubbed (Dinosaur King, I love that anime D8 ...But mostly cuz of the fact I love dinosaurs ._.) a character Jessie's VA voices gets incredibly ticked when called old. D8 Concidence probably, but funny nonetheless. =P I don't remember much of this episode but I liked it. ^_^ Yay for two of my favorite Pokemon working together. :D

Haha. I know you love seeing Pikachu and Charizard teamed up. Charizard almost barbequed Pikachu and Ash acknowledged it. xD

PokemontrainerY
13th July 2013, 5:53 PM
This is the episode that introduced double battles in the Pokémon anime. Ash's Pikachu and Charizard didn't get alone at the beginning, but I liked how they teamed up against Luana's Alakazam and Marowak and defeated them after a while. It's funny when Luana hugged Ash, mistaking him for her son. It reminded me of the time when another woman gave Ash a hug, mistaking him for her son in 'Hypno's Naptime'. xD

In the japanese version of this episode, there was a inappropiate scene where Luana pressed Ash's head into her chest and it was cut from the English dub. There's no way 4kids would keep that part in this episode.

Overall, it was a great episode. I'm glad Ash got the Jade Star badge.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 5:57 AM
Cool to see the first Double Battle in the anime.
It was neat strategy to have Alakazam and Marowak get hit by the others attack.

Lorde
2nd November 2014, 3:12 AM
I wasn't surprised that Pikachu and Charizard struggled to be in-sync at the start of the Gym battle with Luana; they had never worked with each other like that, so seeing their teamwork fall apart was realistic at least. I was glad that Ash's final Orange League Gym battle was so dynamic and intense though.