PDA

View Full Version : The Stun Spore Detour! (112)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:22 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/112.jpgThe Stun Spore Detour!

On Tiny Island, Ash & Tracey get affected by Stun Spore leaving it up to Misty to get an antidote to heal them. Can Misty find it with the help of her new Poliwag? Or Will Team Rocket come and steal the Antidote for themselves?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/112.shtml)

Discuss

Waterstar Misty
23rd October 2004, 6:16 PM
I thought it was very cool episode. It was a nice change to see Misty being the hero, and it super nice of her to help James and Meowth, Poliwag was such a sweetie and I think it was very happy to come with Misty and her friends. It was funny how James and Meowth were not interested in battling Misty, cuz she helped them and all.

Crystal Latios
23rd October 2004, 9:23 PM
Yes, I agree. I`m not a huge fan of Misty, but her battle with crazy Jimmy was really cool^^ But it is weird to me: a little Goldeen won with huge Victribell :rolleyes: Actually, Goldeen was her the weakest pokemon. But I call this episode "a friendly episode". Its just nice. James and Misty together :)

Togemon
23rd October 2004, 9:52 PM
Yes, I agree. I`m not a huge fan of Misty, but her battle with crazy Jimmy was really cool^^ But it is weird to me: a little Goldeen won with huge Victribell :rolleyes: Actually, Goldeen was her the weakest pokemon. But I call this episode "a friendly episode". Its just nice. James and Misty together :)

Goldeen in a battle and won!?! OMG I have to watch this episode again, it has been so long... but Yay for Goldeen getting respected from the writers. I can't believe I forgot about it, with Goldeen being my favorite Pokemon. But for all we know, Goldeen could have been really strong, it's just Misty didn't use it much.

The Big Al
23rd October 2004, 10:15 PM
James was wearing bloomers in this one when he wore his disguise. I swear. I had to play it slow to make sure.

I guess the writers let physics take a day off. Victreebel's weight alone would have caused more damage to Goldeen. Oh well, they just wanted to show how pathetically weak TR was I guess.

I was actually thinking James and Meowth would be breaking away from Jessie soon after this one. After the way she had been treating them for the past few episodes, I would've left. Though those two must be addicted pain because they're still with her.

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 12:58 AM
Goldeen doesn't have much luck with winning battles....

I liked this episode and I was surprised to see Misty's catch a Poliwag at the time (I never thought that she would have a Politoad later on! I LOVE Politoad!!)

Andrew
24th October 2004, 1:32 PM
One of the best Orange Epis, Misty gets away from the Nerd Herd. James is in charge, still fearing Jessie. Poliwag joins the crew (Oh, if only it knew it was going to become a pathetic cheerleader later on, I'm sure it would have reconsidered) and Goldeen wins its last battle... ever.

meggirl63
24th October 2004, 2:22 PM
One of the funniest parts was when James and Meowth disguised themselves as a mother and baby.

Waterstar Misty
24th October 2004, 4:56 PM
James and Meowth acting like a mom and a baby was funny and then Meowth ruining the act. The funny thing is, I think James really got into the motherly part of the act, if I didn't know it was James I would have thought that was a real mom.

chipsyketchum
26th October 2004, 10:13 AM
This ep was also really good, its nice to see the compassionate side of Mistys character. She was so sweet in this ep and i love poliwag i wish it had gotten more airtime. James was such a cute mummy ^^ haha!
I mustve completely missed the Goldeen battle..i have no recollection of it whatsoever, but its been a long time since i saw this ep :S hmm

Sebok
9th January 2005, 9:06 PM
Why did Arbok change size? It's supposed to big gigantic, and was in the start, but during this saga and the others, it's hardly bigger than Meowth. What's up with that?

Anyway, my favorite part was when James asked Meowth "Wanna crawl under this rock?" while Jessie was fighting. She can be so ungrateful you actually wish the other two would kick her when she's down.

The end of the Spinnarak episode is a good example. Meowth's bitting her leg, and I think James is pulling her hair.

vulpix
31st March 2005, 8:12 PM
this is the first episode that Misty says the tittle instead of Ash.

mistygurl
30th June 2005, 1:21 PM
She does? I didn't hear that! but I will, 'cause tomorrow this episode will come on tv!^^ well.. only if you live in Holland of course..

But this ep. rulez! one of the best eps. of the orange league! =D

-*- MG -*-

The Big Al
30th June 2005, 2:06 PM
this is the first episode that Misty says the tittle instead of Ash.

Actually "Ash Catches a Pokemon" was the first time Misty stated the Episode title.

Zen
3rd July 2005, 10:39 PM
I loved this episode, Misty the hero and Ash unable to act. Furthermore, more "pokédex" information about Vileplume and Poliwag and also Misty caught Poliwag! (a pity that it didn't have evolved into Poliwrath but into Politoed...) however, a wonderful episode

WaterKrystal
6th August 2005, 2:49 PM
This was a sweet and funny eppy, I mean this showed that James and Meowth can be sweethearts even if it comes to the tweps, I happy that Misty got to be a hero in this and she got a cute little poliwag.

kukkyou_ooraka
6th August 2005, 2:53 PM
This was a sweet and funny eppy, I mean this showed that James and Meowth can be sweethearts even if it comes to the tweps, I happy that Misty got to be a hero in this and she got a cute little poliwag.

And this episode proved that she really does care alot for Ash and Tracy. It was good that she was the hero for once. Though technically, James and Meowth are the true heros.;)

Jesse GS the II
7th August 2005, 5:26 AM
I find it interesting that Kasumi has no objection to diving fully-clothed into a lake at a moment's notice. She must love the water even more than she leads on.

kukkyou_ooraka
7th August 2005, 5:30 AM
I find it interesting that Kasumi has no objection to diving fully-clothed into a lake at a moment's notice. She must love the water even more than she leads on.

Water Pokemon Gym leader. Water Pokemon. A HUGE pool in the middle of the gym. Hmmmmm......She must love water.:)

CyberCubed
7th August 2005, 6:01 AM
She should have just jumped in naked.

kukkyou_ooraka
7th August 2005, 6:42 AM

Too bad its a kids show.:( lol

wobbanut
30th August 2005, 11:00 PM
Easily, the best part of this episode has to be Misty giving James and Meowth the salveyo weed to give to Jessie. Even though I normally don't like Misty, this is definitely one of the best things she's ever done. It's definitely nice to see Team Rocket have something nice done for them, and James and Meowth even refused to fight after that. :) I did like Meowth and James doing the motto, that was pretty interesting too.

Ashy Boy
26th June 2006, 4:13 PM
Hilarious episode especially when Victreebel got beaten up. Also, the animation made the whole ep really funny (including Meowth). The only problem with the ep was Jessie's ungrateful attitude when she was cured.

dannyphantomhott
10th July 2006, 5:54 AM
This is one of my favorite episodes. I love episodes that show Meowth and James to be good guy's. And it was nice of Misty to do that for them. I felt bad for Ash threw the whole episode.

JONNO.FRESH
15th July 2006, 9:46 AM
Poliwag was kool. I'm glad misty got it. It was nice that misty gace them the weed. Good epi. 8/10

Battra
6th November 2006, 8:45 PM
Very good episode with just Misty showcasing her tender side, also nice to see her get a new water Pokemon. I'm surprised that they don't use the Pokedex more often in the Anime for referencing things.

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 10:06 PM
Without Jessie there, James and Meowth weren't so bad;), at least Misty gave the weed to James and she caught Poliwag

Misty Fanboi13
19th February 2008, 7:15 PM
This episode is one of the best of all time:

Misty Centric

Goldeen Wins a Battle

Misty Catches Poliwag, wich will later evolve into Politoed, which is pretty much the coolest poke

Misty uses all of her on hand pokemon to battle

Jessie was hilarious

"honeychild"

Battra
2nd June 2008, 4:18 PM
Watching this again I noticed Misty never actually catches Poliwag in a Pokeball, also the Vileplume on island is a regular Kanto Vileplume not the ones they introduced for the Orange Islands with the alternate color pattern on their petals.

physic_gal
12th June 2008, 4:13 AM
that show was nice!i liked when you saw jessie's time for stun spore....when jessie was was skipping with flowers then she fell in the vileplume's head.

J-boogie200
12th June 2008, 4:21 PM
Loved the episode. It was mad cool. Misty and Poliwag were ment to be partners. I'm glad we saw goldeen win a battle and staryu and psyduck too. 10/10!

J-boogie200
12th June 2008, 4:21 PM
Loved the episode. It was mad cool. Misty and Poliwag were ment to be partners. I'm glad we saw goldeen win a battle and staryu and psyduck too. 10/10!

(s.i.e)
5th July 2008, 3:49 PM
he he, i really liked the part where james and meowth were acting like a mom and baby,
those two allways have those kind of actions you know:p

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 8:18 AM
Pretty good episode. I love when situations get tense like this. I'm glad Misty got a Poliwag.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 3:48 PM
Oh i cant remember this episode cleary..but i knew i watch it and that i dint wanna leave the tv XD glad Ash and Tracey are better

JJAB91
23rd March 2009, 1:18 PM

You sir are what I call a genius.

Icefiyre
24th March 2009, 8:41 PM
This episode shows that James and Meowth can be good guys. Misty helped them out, so in return they wouldn't help attack the group and dragged Jessie away after she was defeated. And Misty says the title as Ash is indisposed. Man, what an idiot. Ash should be more careful.

Ice T. Sackboy
8th April 2009, 3:29 PM
This episode was so cool because it has the main focus on Misty since Ash and Tracey are out of showbiz. As they're both paralyzed, Misty finds the seaweed that Poliwag has on it's tail.

Tadashi
31st August 2009, 7:40 AM
Oh man, I loved this episode! I liked seeing Misty do her own thing so that she could help the boys ^^ Poliwag was just so cute, I'm glad that Misty ended up keeping it~

danparker
3rd September 2009, 8:15 PM
I remember this episode alot. It was interesting seeing Ash and Tracey getting stun spore-ed. And it was cool to see Misty as the main focus. And I found out how she got a Poliwag.

STICKTOPIA
25th September 2009, 12:01 AM
Jessie is basically the boss out of the 3 of them. James and Meowth are afraid of her.

Lorde
10th December 2009, 3:48 PM
Jessie is basically the boss out of the 3 of them. James and Meowth are afraid of her.

I think James is more of a coward than Meowth. Meowth is the brains of the operation.

Anyway, nice to see Misty get her own episode. I liked that she caught Poliwag right before Johto started.

We really need more Misty episodes, 9/10

Ash-kid
14th December 2009, 3:31 PM
It was great to see James vs Misty, she defeated him without any problem.
And her Poliwag was cute...

adrenaline
12th January 2010, 3:21 AM
Classic Ash/Misty banter moment

Ash: Thanks Misty. Thanks for being nice to me when I was sick.
Misty: DON'T GET USE TO IT!!

JohnLee
16th January 2010, 3:56 PM
I think James is more of a coward than Meowth. Meowth is the brains of the operation.

Anyway, nice to see Misty get her own episode. I liked that she caught Poliwag right before Johto started.

I wish that there could have been more Misty episodes like this one. I was happy to see her finally get a new pokemon! This episode was pretty funny overall as well.

Lorde
25th January 2010, 3:21 AM
I wish that there could have been more Misty episodes like this one. I was happy to see her finally get a new pokemon! This episode was pretty funny overall as well.

I wish she'd get more time to herself too, but in other regions not just this one. I'm glad she caught something new though, probably because it evolves into a Gen 2 Pokemon.

The Orange Islands were Ash and Misty territory if you've noticed. She got a lot of action in this episode, and in several others concerning gym battles.

JohnLee
1st February 2010, 1:36 AM
I wish she'd get more time to herself too, but in other regions not just this one. I'm glad she caught something new though, probably because it evolves into a Gen 2 Pokemon.

The Orange Islands were Ash and Misty territory if you've noticed. She got a lot of action in this episode, and in several others concerning gym battles.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Tracey was overshadowed by the drama between Ash and Misty.

Ludi-Cola
13th March 2010, 6:41 PM
I'm glad they're running an OI marathon on CN today. There was little-to-no hype for it so pure luck I found it was on. I'd forgotten how cute some of those eps were and the Pikachu Jukebox are a fun extra for English audience (since we don't get the cute Japanese ending songs). The Stun Spore detour is probly one of my faves: it's got a cute Poli, Misty makes a capture, friendship focus for twerps and TR, and one of the best disguises ever. Prepare for trouble girlfriend, it's dat poor baby Meowth w/ his southern belle James. :3

Swampert_trainer
10th April 2010, 4:49 AM
This episode aired today on Boomerang. I enjoyed watching this old episode since Misty was my favorite character of the original series. She used all of her Pokemon and really showed James what it means to be a gym leader.

James calling Meowth his "honey child" in that fake southern accent was the best part of the episode.

Antiyonder
17th May 2010, 5:40 AM
Overall, a nice episode. Ever since The Misty Mermaid, I found it a little annoying how Misty only had one Pokemon that was most suited for battle (Togepi lacking moves aside from Metronome, Psyduck only fighting fiercely though headaches and Goldeen not being a land battler). So yeah, it was cool that Misty got another Pokemon that was pretty effective.

Misty Lover17
21st July 2010, 12:37 PM
Misty has always been so nice. The wild Poliwag wasn't strong at all - but this is Misty, she can't ignore such a cute Water pokemon. Her decision was good, eventually.

G50
9th February 2011, 4:15 AM
This was a good episode. Was glad to see Poliwag join Misty's team, cause I was really hoping somebody was going to catch 1 in this season. It was great to see Meowth and James refuse to fight because they were helped out by Misty.

40/100

Vernikova
25th November 2011, 9:24 PM
This wasn't a terribly exciting episode. While it was good Misty actually got to capture another Pokémon, the episode didn't interest me with her run-ins with James and Meowth.

Aquarelle
26th November 2011, 12:29 PM
I didn't find this episode to be that memorable for some reason. I actually forgot it even existed until I saw this thread. O__o

But anyway, I was glad that Misty got Poliwag in this episode. It's always nice to see a character get a new Pokemon. =)

Jnmisty
27th January 2012, 6:30 PM
This is one of my favorite episodes in the entire series. I particully liked the jokes that Meowth came up with especially referencing the apples. " Who ever said that apples were healthy must never picked one" And when Misty was still out trying to find the weed, Pikachu was like I wish Brock is here. I even found it funny when Pikachu was going to shock the stun spore away.

AquaMilotic
11th February 2012, 1:18 PM

Well, Meowth is the brains, but Jessie is the boss, because Meowth and James are afraid of her. Jessie is comparable to my sister: she always gets what she wants, because others are afraid of the consequences when she doesn't get what she wants.

This episode was so nice! I loved how thanks to Misty Ash was cured!!! and he said "Misty Thanks for being nice to me when I was sick." hehehe oh & getting poliwag was great too!!!

I agree, this is a great episode for us PokeShippers and Misty fans!

It was good to see Misty get Poliwag, a cute Water Pokemon. Seeing an episode focusing on Misty was great as well. And Psyduck appeared, which is also super awesome! Psyduck f*ck yeah! 10/10, one of my favourite episodes!

Calamity™
14th February 2012, 3:29 PM
It's Dragonair!
Vileplume seem to be a lot bigger than I imagined, and I didn't think they could be so deadly. It was funny seeing Jessie scheming while pretending to be so ill, yet she was well enough to give James a beating! Team Rocket made this episode good, otherwise it was sort of boring. Wanting to attack them while they were ill even though Misty helped her! lol I'm glad Misty kept the Poliwag, although they could have actually shown her capturing it!

7threst
7th September 2012, 7:18 PM
This episode proven to be good in some ways. The scarcity of Misty capturing Pokémon up to this point was quite low and Poliwag was a great addition to Misty's Pokémon. For the rest was Meowth filling Jessie's part in the motto laughing-worthy too.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
19th September 2012, 10:48 PM
The way Misty showed concern for Ash was pretty cute. Not to mention we start the road to Politoed in this episode.

Blessed
28th September 2012, 4:12 PM
A very good episode focusing on Misty helping to cure Ash & Tracey. It was nice how Misty used Ash's Pokedex on the wild Poliwag. I also liked how Misty was generous by giving James and Meowth the salveyo weed to give to Jessie. Nice to see her get a new Water pokemon as well since the road to Politoed starts in this episode. Lastly, my favorite part was Ash: Thanks Misty. Thanks for being super nice to me when I was sick. Misty: DON'T GET USED TO IT!!

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:56 AM
Misty catching the helpful Poliwag was good. I liked Staryu vs Weezing. I wish Victreebel would have finally won something. And it seemed like she was in perfect sync with her Pokemon. Psyduck did Confusion without her screaming.

PokemontrainerY
14th July 2013, 7:04 PM
This episode was centered around Misty, who wanted to cure Ash and Tracy. I'm glad that Misty didn't picked up any of those item on the ground and cared for her friends health. It's nice to see Misty caught a Poliwag, too bad they didn't show the actual capture in this episode.

Overall, a boring episode. I didn't enjoy watching it.

yuoke
15th November 2013, 4:28 AM
It was weird that we don't even see the actual capture of poliwag. Originally that confused me and I thought that she just said goodbye and left it. I mean, we even got to see tracey's captyre of scyther, who is barely ever seen again.

Painkiller2001
15th October 2014, 6:14 AM
Yeah, I agree in that I wish we could have actually seen Misty catch the Poliwag.

Lorde
1st November 2014, 10:35 PM
It was refreshing to see Misty get an episode to herself where she did something for her friends. Seeing her tend to Ash and Tracey after their Stun Spore fiasco was sweet and although I was never a big fan of Poliwag, I was glad that Misty caught another Pokemon after so long. James and Meowth's mom and baby disguise made me cackle as well.