PDA

View Full Version : Enter The Dragonite (114)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 10:23 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/114.jpgEnter The Dragonite!

Half Way into his Battle against Drake, Ash gets in trouble when Drake decides to use his Dragonite against Ash...one of the most powerful Pokémon in the Region. Will Ash be able to topple this Mighty Foe?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/114.shtml)

Discuss

Dexie
23rd October 2004, 6:34 PM
Another freakin' awesome episode. ^^

Dragonite was shown as it should be......incredibally strong, a wide variety of moves, and able to match Ash's team pound for pound.

.......unlike Lance's Dragonite later on that gets beat upon by a couple of Fearow. >>

Factory Head Noland
23rd October 2004, 10:04 PM
I love (LOVE) this episode! Isn't this Ash's first 6-on-6 battle?

It was genius (GENIUS) of Pikachu to use it's tail as a spring board to avoid Dragonite's attack!

I totally LOVE the Orange Islands episodes! ONE of the best series' so far.

meggirl63
24th October 2004, 1:28 PM
I couldn't believe that Pikachu defeated Dragonite like that! How amazing is that!

ChaosMage
25th October 2004, 2:58 PM
I liked seeing Ditto appear as a fighter. Is it me or is this the first Pikachu VS Pikachu episode. Onix was a bit boring, as we've seen him too many times. But I liked seeing Squirtle beat it with Hydro Pump. Tauros VS Gengar was too one-sided and short. Lapras should have lasted longer. It would finish Dragonite with one ice beam! The cliff hanger was good. I liked that neither of them actually won. I think we saw Venusaur in battle for the first time. I liked Tauros after seeing this- he ruled, just throwing a huge Venusaur away like that. Bulbasaur VS Electabuzz was really disappointing. The little guy didn't fare too well, did he? Charizard's cool seismic toss attack was a great way to win. Dragonite was always my favourite pkmn and I loved this battle. Charizard gave what has to be his best ever performance against Dragonite. The final explosion that brought Charizard down was very tense. Squirtle was disappointing, but did his jod while he still could. I hated Team Rocket's capture attempt, it was just WPWT in such a cool battle. Tauros was very strategic and I loved seeing Dragonite stuck on his horns and getting thrown off. Tauros's defeat was just too bad for that ol' brown bull. Pikachu's agile manouvring was impressive and I loved that final attack. The stare down, and collapse of Dragonite was great.

Lesse, I'll mark it by the battle, the pokemon in the episode, the team rocket attack and the conclusion.

The battle- some great moves, strategies and pokemon. Best ever- 5/5
The pkmn- hmm, all performed fantastically except for Lapras and Bulbasaur- 4/5
TR attack- Wrong place, wrong time, nuff said- 1/5
Conclusion- Ash winning a league, the final Pikachu VS Dragonite stare down, The Hall of Fame thing, loses half a mark for that Brock remark- 4.5

14.5/20 I hate Team Rocket in this, at least they make themselves scarce in the other leagues. Blame them for this score, oh, and Lapras and Bulbasaur.

Factory Head Noland
25th October 2004, 3:21 PM
You can't really blame Lapras, it was still young. I think it done great beating Gengar (even though it fainted itself). That Gengar was strong!

Raize
25th October 2004, 10:40 PM
The Suspense of how the first part ended was good (Ice Beam vs whatever move)who would survive was the question looks like both fainted XD That episode was a very good one Dragonite was very powerful it was unstoppable till little Pikachu came along Dragonite was already tired so it lost,Seeing Pikachu hang on to Dragonite's things on the top of it's head was funny I really loved this episode.

Factory Head Noland
25th October 2004, 10:43 PM
Ice Beam VS Night Shade.

This episode was a Friday when I first saw it so I had to be up mega early on the Saturday to see it, but it was totally worth it!

CVXFREAK
25th October 2004, 11:33 PM
Seeing Squirtle get a direct Bubble hit against Dragonite was a good, crucial hit. If Squirtle only knew Ice Beam... ^^;

Ryuu
10th November 2004, 2:53 PM
This was a superb episode. :D

I simply loved Dragonite, it looked so friggin' awesome. And the speed with which it flew was marvellous! Charizard vs. Dragonite was one of the best battles in the anime IMO.

And in the end, Pikachu KOed Dragonite. :D

Sharpshooter
11th April 2005, 8:55 PM
Well this is proof temporarily that Charizard does not win all his matches single-handedly, since it defeated nothing and got beaten easily by the Dragonite. In actual fact, I'm glad it was Pikachu who won it for Ash. The very first pokémon started off with won his very first trophy, fitting I thought.

Congratulations hall of famer Ash Ketchum, pretty much up against it throughout the whole Orange Island saga, coming from behind for the most part during his gym matches, showing his true gritty determination, great viewing when the underdog becomes triumphant in such a fashion like he did.

Undoubtedly this episode will go down as one of the greatest matches of all time, very hard to beat I should imagine.

Magnite123
12th April 2005, 5:48 AM
;149; I love this episode it was one of the best orange league episodes. I also think Dragonite is so cool He's the Best!!!!

DarkWobbuffet
15th April 2005, 7:20 PM
Well this is proof temporarily that Charizard does not win all his matches single-handedly, since it defeated nothing and got beaten easily by the Dragonite.

What are you talking about? He beat Electabuzz, and he had just enough strength to hit Dragonite hard with a Dragon Rage before fainting. o_O

Anyway, this is undoubtably one of the best battles throughout the entire series. All of Ash's Pokemon were awesome fighters, and I was really impressed with Tauros' battling skills. Lapras was a lot stronger then I thought, as it's Ice Beam was able to match a Night Shade from a highly trained Gengar. Pikachu devilering that last Thunder attack to Dragonite was the perfect way to end the battle. :)

I still can't believe how stupid Team Rocket was, trying to capture Dragonite with a fishing net. >>:

I give these two episodes a 10/10. We need more battles like this. ^__^

vulpix
18th April 2005, 11:01 PM
i was so excited to see this episode!

wobbanut
30th August 2005, 10:07 PM
This was definitely one of Ash's best battle episodes, especially considering that he has yet to win another league. His battle against dragonite was especially awesome, considering that he went through several pokemon and battled as hard as he could before dragonite finally went down. At least his battle strategy was starting to improve by then. I can't help thinking, though, that dragonite having to get rid of Team Rocket helped tire dragonite out just the slightest bit more. It's just my opinion, of course, but the final battle could have been a draw or worse for Ash, I think, if it hadn't been for Team Rocket's interference. At least Ash did get to bring home his first and still only trophy. :)

X the.only.trainer.ever X
15th September 2005, 12:53 AM
Definately one of my favourite battles - However I still await the day that Ash goes up against Lance...oh and then the Dragons *drools*

Phantom_Bugsy
17th September 2005, 4:34 PM
Just one thing to say:

DRAAAAAAKE. *drool*

The Phantom Thief
20th September 2005, 9:52 PM
This episode was awesome. Its one of my favorite Orange League episodes. Charizard vs. Dragonite was the best battle in the episode although I thought Charizard could've lasted a bit longer against Dragonite. I liked how Pikachu ended the battle with Thunder. Awesome ending to that battle.

10/10 for that episode

DSRGBA
26th September 2005, 4:40 PM
great battle
Bulbasaur could of done much more

lightspeed
5th March 2006, 9:25 AM
This was a great episode, 10/10 but I hated all the parts showing team rocket's discussions and their capture attempt.
Overall, Ash did very well battling Drake.
Lapras did rather well and I think Ash could have called it to dodge the explosion by going underwater so it will last longer.
Pikachu was really impressive, using its tail to dodge hyperbeam.

Mystify
5th March 2006, 9:30 AM
Although I didn't catch this episode, after reading what you guys said, I must go get a Dragonite. *Runs*

TwilightFacade
3rd May 2006, 10:31 PM
WOW! JUST WOW! Orange Islands went out with the biggest bang in Pokemon History. Well if you want my reaction to the first half of the battle, go to the Hello Pummelo Page.
So...

So Lapras and Gengar go out in a draw. Impressive for Lapras. Too bad it will be gone soon. :(
Venusaur was cool to finally see in battle. Plus Tauros proved that it was a nice replacement for Snorlax. It battled hard for its first win.
AWWW Bulbasaur!!!!!! It was the only Poke of Ash's to not get a win in (Pikachu got 2) Awww well it gets redemption in the Johto League.
Charizard beat Electabuzz (who it has a type disadvantage to) which was great.
You just had to love Ash using his remaining 4 pokemon to all together beat the uber Dragonite.
Char, Squirtle, and Tauros all impressed me but of course it was Pikachu to be Ash's final pokemon.
It proved that it is one of Ash's best by taking down Dragonite thanks to his 3 teammates work.
Team Rocket's appearance was just to show us how mighty Dragonite was...and so that they could appear in every episode.
The Hall of Fame was great. I hope Ash manages to make his way into another Hall of Fame soon.
Ash's comment about Brock was blatent foreshadowing.

As i said, OI went out with a bang via Pikachu's Thunder.
BEST EPISODE OF ALL TIME
yes you heard me correctly
15/10 :D

Ashy Boy
25th June 2006, 6:07 PM
Great episode all the way from the beginning to the end. Shame it was almost ruined by Team Rocket's interferance, which isn't surprising though.

dannyphantomhott
10th July 2006, 5:03 AM
Great episode all the way from the beginning to the end. Shame it was almost ruined by Team Rocket's interferance, which isn't surprising though.

Yah some times Team Rocket can be annoying like that. Any who I loved the episode, awesome battles. 10/10 from me as well.

Blue_Lightning8
10th July 2006, 5:31 AM
Dragonite's show of enormous amount of power and coolness is what made it my favorite pokemon

minus
11th July 2006, 1:04 PM
ive got all episodes XD its great, till my mate comes round and moans at me lol. i also have all cards, i still colecting lol

Geodude
13th July 2006, 5:05 AM
Funny how people used to keep using this episode as proof of Pikachu's 00berness, saying that it beat Dragonite, whereas if you actually paid attention, it took four Pokemon to pull off the win. Pikachu merely finished it off.

wobbanut
13th July 2006, 11:52 PM
Not to mention that it probably burned off some energy blasting Team Rocket off.

eonteam123456
23rd October 2006, 2:41 PM
It was awesome.

umbreon800
24th October 2006, 12:01 AM
This one was actually the best one of the orange league.

i loved it but only got to see it once, doesnt the Orange League box set come out soon?

Battra
21st November 2006, 9:40 PM
Ash really did well against Drake some of the tatics he used in this battle definetly show that we can expect Ash to do very well in future battles. Also it was funny to see Team Rocket getting imeresed in Ashes battle with Drake.

Pacman
28th November 2006, 6:10 PM
This is a good episode. Dragonite is cool.

ShinyManafi
22nd December 2006, 2:46 AM
Part 2 of the best battle in the Orange Islands, this battle was so great, especially the last part

Battra
3rd June 2008, 1:57 PM
Very good battles, Ash and all his Pokemon showed their all and came out victorious. Tauros really stood out in it's first 6v6 battle it definitely went all the way. It really was to bad TR had to interfere with the battle they should have just stayed in the stands and watched. Grats to Ash for winning the Orange League and having you and your Pokemon forever immortalized in the Orange League Hall of Fame.

Batdude
6th June 2008, 7:44 PM
Funny how people used to keep using this episode as proof of Pikachu's 00berness, saying that it beat Dragonite, whereas if you actually paid attention, it took four Pokemon to pull off the win. Pikachu merely finished it off.And besides, it used Thunder on Dragonite's head... I know it's electricity, so it'd feel it all over, but in fairness shooting someone in the leg is a very different thing to shooting someone in the head...

I thought it was a pretty cheap move to be honest! If something clung to my head and electrocuted me I wouldn't be getting back up... Then again, I am, as of yet, not a Dragonite.

Charizard worked some pretty good magic here. Not as showy a performance as it was against Magmar, but at least it avoided getting frozen solid by ice beam this time around!

I'd imagine Ash wasn't too impressed by Dragonite's mad skillz.
"Go Charizard!"
"Use water gun!"
"Go Squirtle!"
"Use thunder!"

I can't actually remember if it was thunder or thunderbolt... Still rocked the place though...

(s.i.e)
5th July 2008, 2:43 PM
he he, my favorite episode, i wish ash had a dragonite in his team.

Blastizard
14th September 2008, 10:40 AM
To be honest, whilst I like this episode, the whole championship challenge seemed a little unfair to me. If I recall correct the rules were:

Champion: Forced to stick with single Pokemon until it faints
Challenger: Allowed to swtich pokemon at any point in the battle

Unfair advantage anyone? If this had been a standard battle, Ash would have been destroyed.

pokeguru
3rd October 2008, 6:27 AM
This episode wasn't gold. It was platinum!! Superb! It was such a grand milestone in Ash's life.

Tadashi
5th October 2008, 3:49 AM
Agreed, this is quite a milestone indeed.

Charizard against Dragonite = epic. I'm just sorry Charizard lost... he's arguably Ash's strongest Pokemon, after all.

But the part I enjoyed most was Pikachu vs. Dragonite. Pikachu worked really hard to pull this off. I was literally on the edge of my chair, biting my fingernails, hoping Pikachu would win it, and I wasn't disappointed! ^_^

Way to go, Ash, Pikachu, and all the other Pokemon! You guys certainly deserved this win! :'D

Blue Snover
8th October 2008, 12:47 PM
This for me was the best of the Orange Islands episodes, Pikachu against a Dragonite what more could you want?

kingkoopa1080
21st November 2008, 11:55 PM
Best Episode Ever. The charizard-dragonite battle was argueably the best battle of the series. It was just epic all over. I had forgotten ash had won this and just went back and watched it and was surprised by the ending. 10/10

Taylorm5
28th November 2008, 9:33 PM
This is the single gratest thing ever. Me, being inlove with dragonite, just love this thing... takes 3 poke's out, take out team rocket, before finaly fainting to pikachu when charizard couldnt kill it -_-. I also love the title, woulda been better if it was like ENTER: Dragonite!

raichu2626
2nd December 2008, 8:08 PM
AMAZING episode

Igottapoo
31st December 2008, 12:19 AM
Epic full battle. I love how they started making full battles. Just so exciting. Dragonite was so awesome too.

Caseydia
27th February 2009, 6:40 AM
This will probably be the only league Ash will ever have won.

chilo_life
3rd March 2009, 7:32 PM
One of my favorites.

schrik
4th March 2009, 1:56 AM
amazing place with amazing pokemon = Amazing episode

Littlemyuu
9th March 2009, 10:14 PM
Oh great episode, Dragonite and Charizard..it was good...

Blue Snover
17th March 2009, 1:06 PM
This will probably be the only league Ash will ever have won.

More than likely, because there were no other trainers to compete against besides the Orange crew.

Ice T. Sackboy
8th April 2009, 2:39 PM
This episode marks the last part of the Orange League. Here, Ash battles and the last Pokemon, Dragonite became the tough Pokemon to beat as when it was very weak, Pikachu only one here launches Thunder Attack on it and Ash wins the Orange League.

...The episode also got a Great Ending...

Ice T. Sackboy
8th April 2009, 2:40 PM
This episode marks the last part of the Orange League. Here, Ash battles and the last Pokemon, Dragonite became the tough Pokemon to beat as when it was very weak, Pikachu only one here launches Thunder Attack on it and Ash wins the Orange League.

...The episode also got a Great Ending...

leilukin
1st October 2009, 9:47 AM
This is definitely one of the best battles in the anime. Great episode.
I don't like Team Rocket in this episode though.

KyleKW
4th October 2009, 1:37 PM
Yeah, Team rockets attempt at stealing Dragonite failed, and everybody knew it was stupid to even try to take it.

I loved Pikachu in this battle, it was really epic especially the ditto part.

Lorde
26th November 2009, 10:05 AM
This was possibly the best episode ever, and I actually mean it this time. The Orange Islands saga and the movie were the best ever and I'm glad we got a nice conclusion like this where Ash wins the competition. Dragonite fought half of Ash's team before falling. It was amazing and as always, Pikachu came through for Ash in the end. 10/10, I love this!

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 1:24 PM
Pikachu was amazing. and Charizard also.

Drake's pokemon wasn't strong enough, except Dragonite.

Taurus was pretty strong. i didn't think it can able to beat a Venasaur.

9/10.

firestar319
22nd December 2009, 6:18 PM
Awesome episode and one of the best full battles in the anime. It was cool to see the power of my favorite pokemon: DRAGONITE. 10/10

Alfonso
22nd December 2009, 7:00 PM
This episode had some of the worst animation I've seen for a 'Final Battle' episode. This isn't really excusable, considering they gave an episode only 2 episodes prior great animation.

I rewatched this recently and was sad to see it wasn't as awesome as I remember it was as a kid. Drake really got whipped by Ash, didn't he?

Ditto and Onix in the previous episode went down without Ash losing a single Pokemon, while Gengar only managed to score a draw with Lapras. Then Venusaur was taken down by Tauros. Only at Electabuzz, Drake's 5th Pokemon did he manage to score a proper KO.

I know it was to build up to Dragonite, but damn. :/ The fight could also have done with being 3 episodes long, to give Dragonite a proper, well animated battle.

gustyboots
12th February 2010, 1:32 AM
I disagree that this battle wasn't that good! This was my favorite episode of all time.
But, after seeing it, and Pikachu's battles in recent episodes....why does it get beaten so easily? It must be a lot stronger than it was then! It's learned Volt Tackle!! (Which should be an impossibility when compared to the games, but oh, well)

cazatron
14th March 2010, 11:46 PM
probably the strongest dragonite ever shown in the anime, it was awesome seeing it take thunderbolt IN THE HEAD

Hikari Paradise
16th July 2010, 6:33 AM
All around epic battle. And of course pikachu would be the one to defeat Dragonite. Who didn't see that one coming.

Blazicken
3rd August 2010, 3:08 PM
it was great battle.
one of the better ones in this series.
But the thing tha keeps bugging me is:
in this episode, it's clear dragonite was faster than charizard.
Everytime dragonite appears, you see it's incredible speed.
in this ep, the on where they'r riding lapras before the orange leaue, in the mewtoo-movie, great bowls of fire-episode,...
Charizard is kinda of slow in the anime. (only against gary his scizor it was kinda fast)
also against articuno it looked slow. (frontier-batlle)
and against blaziken (against harrison)

And in the games charizard's speed is clearly higher than all three of them...

striker
3rd August 2010, 3:39 PM
Well its clear charizard has an Relaxed nature if that answears your question...

Blazicken
4th August 2010, 1:00 PM
Well its clear charizard has an Relaxed nature if that answears your question...

well even if that's the case
then we should asume that articuno, dragonite and blazicken were jolly/hasty/naive/timid natured

and even if that were the case, then charizards speed should still be around the same as blazickens and dragonites. (except if they'r ev-trained ofc xD)
but anyway, i just feel they made him too slow =/

munchlaxboy
4th August 2010, 1:03 PM
well even if that's the case
then we should asume that articuno, dragonite and blazicken were jolly/hasty/naive/timid natured

and even if that were the case, then charizards speed should still be around the same as blazickens and dragonites. (except if they'r ev-trained ofc xD)
but anyway, i just feel they made him too slow =/

it was great battle.
one of the better ones in this series.
But the thing tha keeps bugging me is:
in this episode, it's clear dragonite was faster than charizard.
Everytime dragonite appears, you see it's incredible speed.
in this ep, the on where they'r riding lapras before the orange leaue, in the mewtoo-movie, great bowls of fire-episode,...
Charizard is kinda of slow in the anime. (only against gary his scizor it was kinda fast)
also against articuno it looked slow. (frontier-batlle)
and against blaziken (against harrison)

And in the games charizard's speed is clearly higher than all three of them...

*facepalm*

Guys, it's the freakin' Anime. Natures/EVs don't freakin' exist.

striker
4th August 2010, 1:03 PM
Meh, its clear the anime never follows the game rules so hey make up their.

And look at the pokemon though: Legendary/ Legendary in its own way/ Special new pokemon O.O so its understandable why they would seem more special then charizard is speed and power. And me personally, would not have except charizard out running dragonite or blaziken, solely because of what they where at the time.

*facepalm*

Guys, it's the freakin' Anime. Natures/EVs don't freakin' exist.

Actually natures do exsist, and i made a joke...

Sayho1234
24th September 2010, 10:38 AM
This was hands down one of the best battles in the series! Even to this day nothing has come to top it EXCEPT for Ash vs. Gary in the Johto League.

Vernikova
22nd November 2010, 11:54 PM
It kind of bothered me that Ash had the upper hand in most of this battle but the battle left me satisfied I suppose. Dragonite in this battle was really strong and I guess that impressed me the most. It was nice to see Ash finally win a league though.

G50
9th February 2011, 3:21 AM
This episode also tied for my #1 favorite for the 2nd season. The battles vs Dragonite were awesome, and what an epic way for Pikachu to defeat Dragonite! Too bad Bulbasaur was the only Pokemon to 100% fail in the battle... Great to see Tauros win a battle! Finally Ash won a League, I wish he'd do that more often...

98/100

TheEpicGoomba
8th May 2011, 11:40 AM
Glad to see Pikachu win also glad to see Ash win the battle. Drake has a big variety of Pokemon Dragonite was alot smaller then it was back in the lighthouse episode. 10/10

Miar
19th May 2011, 3:50 AM
Dragonite was alot smaller then it was back in the lighthouse episode.

Well, normally they are only 7 feet tall. I want to think that was just an attempt at a Godzillaesque 'Mon moment.

I was at the edge of my seat the whole battle, this episode and last. To me, this was the definite highest point, the best fight of the first four seasons.
And the best part is Ash won his first league. 10/10

Ash Ketchum!
25th January 2012, 6:18 AM
For the anime's first 6vs6 battle, this was pretty awesome! Loved the cliifhangers, and nice to see the power of Ash's Tauros. Unfortunately Bulbasaur was the fall guy here...

I wish the Orange Islands were in the games...

Banana Knight Arthur
25th January 2012, 6:26 AM
They sure took their time in featuring 6 on 6 battles….

Also, that Dragonite sure had a good memory to know like 13 attacks…..

Blessed
30th January 2012, 9:10 PM
Ash did really well against Drake some of the tactics he used in this battle definetly showed that we can expect Ash to do very well in future battles.

AquaMilotic
11th February 2012, 12:22 PM
The second part of one of the best episodes ever, with one of the best episodes ever. This was so entertaining! Ash did an awesome job beating Drake. It was a close and suspenseful match! 10/10, this episode is perfect! If there were no rules, I'd spam this page about how awesome this episode is, and that while I hate spam and never spam!

Calamity™
16th February 2012, 3:06 PM
It's Tentacruel!
It's rather interesting how the field changes. And again I don't see how Ash's untrained Tauros is doing so well in battle. I was sort of hoping Team Rocket would have done more in this episode, but again they're instantly taken out by the Dragonite. Something funny I noticed, you could hear Tauros moo'ing while Pikachu was in the air after Hyper Beam, even though Tauros was defeated by then. I actually think Ash deserved to win this one, that Leaders Dragonite was good, but apart from that he was quite pathetic. And Ash's Pokémon seem to have recovered fast! This two part episode was quite good, but I still think it needed a lot more Team Rocket interference!

Ne0n-H!tch'd
25th February 2012, 3:17 PM
Oh wow everyone agrees this battle was one of the top ten battles of the Series!

silent_control
25th February 2012, 6:53 PM
This was one of Ash's best battles indeed. It's tied with Ash's victory over Gary and a little above from Ash's victory against Paul. Overall, a brilliant episode.

Ne0n-H!tch'd
6th March 2012, 7:19 PM
I loved the ending with the footprints.
The Orange League should have for sure been an area to explore in-game

silent_control
16th March 2012, 3:27 PM
So different from Kanto, yet as much as beautiful.

Aquarelle
2nd April 2012, 9:21 AM
I was really impressed by how strong Drake's Dragonite was. I did not think that Pikachu would be able to take it down, so I was amazed when that happened and Ash won. At the end of the episode, I liked the scene with the hall of fame with the picture of Ash and his Pokemon posing with the trophy. Overall, this episode was a great way to end Ash's Orange League challenge.

silent_control
2nd April 2012, 3:36 PM
Let's hope for more trophies!

7threst
7th September 2012, 7:38 PM
I really congratulate Ash for achieving something like this. The whole premise, the battle, the action - It was all superbly done. As I said in the previous episode topic, this battle was unprecedentedly good if you take in mind the horrible matches Ash had in the Indigo League (Excluding the gym battle with Blaine) I loved this episode and was probably the most epic episode in a very, very long while.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
27th September 2012, 8:08 PM
It was nice to see Ash actually win a league here, even though it's not the same kind of League as Indigo, Johto, etc.

I hope Ash wins another league eventually.

Brownie
12th November 2012, 1:17 PM
This was...no, is, THE best battle in the anime. Ash had finally accomplished something big to make up for his loss against Ritchie, I liked how he had the upper hand for most of the battle (until Dragonite appeared), as opposed to being at the edge of losing until he was saved by a plot device, I HATE that.

Lucille
10th December 2012, 4:46 PM
It was great to see Ash finally win something

matt0044
10th December 2012, 6:03 PM
I remember watching this back in the day. It was intense as hell. But I must ask: Why is it that Ash wins something be it league or Frontier when they're part of a filler arc/not in the games? Freaky coincidence, huh?

ArmadaUGS
25th December 2012, 3:20 PM
I really liked this episode. It was awesome to see Ash achieve something big and the battle itself was really fun too see if you ask me.
Get chills when the commentator says "the challenger wins the match, the challanger wins the match" =)

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:01 AM
Wow. Now I see why Dragonite is overrated to this day. It freakin had 10 moves. 10. That's more that 4. xD But, I'm glad Ash won the Orange League. Even if it was unofficial

Lorde
29th October 2013, 7:50 PM
I re-watched this episode recently and I was actually impressed because I had forgotten several things, like Tauros's performance. I vaguely remembered seeing him lose against Drake's Venusaur when I was younger, but he actually defeated it which was great. I guess beginner's luck really exists. Anyway, I was still impressed with Drake's Dragonite even if it got tossed to the ground by Tauros which shouldn't have happened since Dragonite can fly, but I guess we're supposed to overlook that. I loved how diverse Dragonite's moveset was, and it wasn't insanely strong like we were led to believe; it started getting tired pretty quickly so I guess its endurance wasn't phenomenal. Anyway, I cringed when Ash replied to Drake's compliment by saying that he has great Pokemon; I thought it was super cheesy but this episode was still one of the best ones ever imo.

PokemontrainerY
30th October 2013, 6:23 AM
This was an awesome Second half the battle betweeno Ash and the Orange crew leader Drake. Lapras and Gengar's battle tied, Ash Tauros and Charizard did well aganist Drake's Venusaur and Electabuzz. It's awsome how Pikachu used his tail to dodge Dragonite's Hyper Beam and defeated it using Thunder. This battle is one of the best Pokémon battles in my opinion, it easily tops any battle from the Kanto saga.

I'm glad Ash finally achieved something big.

MattySadler
30th October 2013, 8:22 AM
Really great battle it was. Despite only being a filler series the Orange one was so good. proper well done.

AdrenalinDragon
27th April 2014, 11:35 PM
This episode was really intense to watch brand new back as a kid and is still my all-time favourite episode. If I recall, this was the first 6 V 6 battle for Ash in the Anime. I think the tension of not being sure Ash was going to win was one of the coolest things about it. I remember thinking "Holy **** is that Dragonite even stoppable?" as Ash's team were slowly being knocked out one by one, including his Charizard. Ash was down to his Pikachu, and Dragonite launched Hyper Beam at it. I was closing my eyes in terror as I had a bad feeling Ash was going to lose again. Of course, we were still under shock of Ash losing to Ritchie in the Indigo League back then, but this was also another league and nobody had beaten Drake or his Dragonite yet. Once Pikachu survived I opened my eyes in excitement, cheering Ash on as Pikachu used Thunder on Dragonite. The moment Dragonite fainted I couldn't believe it. Ash became a Pokemon Master... or that's what I thought before realising he still wasn't one 10 years later.

10/10