PDA

View Full Version : Viva Las Lapras! (115)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 10:23 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/115.jpgViva Las Lapras!

Heading back to Kanto after defeating the Orange League, Lapras discovers it's family and that they are under attack by Pirates and their Tentacruels...Can Ash & Lapras help save the School or will they be poached?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/orange/115.shtml)

Discuss

Ryuu
14th November 2004, 6:41 AM
The release of Lapras...

This was a touching episode indeed. I didn't like the departure of Lapras at all. It was a good Pokemon and would have been useful to Ash.

Hales
14th November 2004, 6:49 AM
Yeah but Ash made a promise to Lapras right from the beginning... he'd help his pokemon find its family... I believe that if Lapras wanted to stay it would have, but it wanted to be with its family too.

Ash doesn't break his promises (except maybe way back with Pidgeot, but I blame the writers for that).

meggirl63
14th November 2004, 1:27 PM
I laughed at the part where Ash mooned those pirates! hahahhahahaa

wobbanut
30th August 2005, 10:24 PM
It was sad to see Lapras go, seeing how useful it had been for Ash and company during the Orange Islands, helping Ash beat gengar in the Orange League championship and riding the twerps around everywhere. I'm glad it did get back together with its family in this episode, but it was heartbreaking how the other lapras initially avoided contact with it because it was with humans. The lapras montage brought a tear to my eye too. At least we did get to see Lapras one more time after this. :)

I also liked Team Rocket in this episode. It was funny how the twerps were convinced that Team Rocket were the ones that were hurting the lapras, right while Team Rocket is in the emergency room behind them. I also liked when Jessie breathed fire at Misty when Misty ticked her off. :)

Aptenodytes
1st November 2005, 7:46 PM
darn too bad lapras had to go. ash always gives away his good pokemon or just leaves em with prof. oak. 10/10

JONNO.FRESH
16th July 2006, 7:38 AM
Ahh Traceys debut. Lapras was also really kool. Those kids where Pricks and Tracey was lol. Ahh Tracey needs more Screentime

Battra
27th November 2006, 5:47 PM
Enjoyed the episode, but it was sad to see Lapras go.

Pacman
28th November 2006, 5:07 PM
To bad Ash didn't keep Lapras.

ShinyManafi
22nd December 2006, 2:40 AM
:( I was so sad to see Lapras go ;_;

Battra
3rd June 2008, 2:28 PM
Watching Misty handle those pirates, she did such a good job wrecking their ship and tieing them up she'd make a good pirate to. It was nice to see Lapras finally find it's family, Lapras was a good Pokemon for Ash, it's sad to see it go, but at least it will actually make a return to the series late Johto unlike some of Ash's other Pokemon that never show up again after their let go.

(s.i.e)
5th July 2008, 3:06 PM
it's a good episode but i wish ash still had lapras along with him.

GoodPokemonTrainer121
21st November 2008, 12:12 AM
I like this episode
it was sad.. =(
i miss Lapras

kingkoopa1080
22nd November 2008, 12:22 AM
Another one of those sad episodes. But i guess it made sense with the orange islands coming to a close that it was time to let lapras go. Still it could have been one of ash's more powerful pokemon.

Tadashi
23rd November 2008, 6:32 AM
Yeah but Ash made a promise to Lapras right from the beginning... he'd help his pokemon find its family... I believe that if Lapras wanted to stay it would have, but it wanted to be with its family too.

I agree. Ash kept his promise to return Lapras to his family, and while I was really sad to see her go, I was also really happy that one of Ash's promises was fulfilled ^^

I even teared up when Lapras left... byebye, Lapras!

Igottapoo
6th January 2009, 11:50 PM
The way they were treating Lapras' was just awful. It was cool how they set all the Tentacruel free at the end.

Blue Snover
6th March 2009, 4:16 PM
I was sad that Lapras left, but Ash was right to let it go.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 3:05 PM
Awwww, Lapras was a good Pokemon, im glad Lapras returned to his group

CyberCubed
27th April 2009, 6:12 AM
Wow, Tracey goes off to find Jenny and is hardly in the last half of this episode. Given this is the third to last episode of Orange, you could tell the writers were a little too eager to get rid of Tracey at this point. lol.

Ash-kid
2nd December 2009, 10:21 AM
Great episode and little sad too...
It was great to see Lapras's family, it was cool
and lapras was very cute in the end.

Lorde
3rd December 2009, 5:44 AM
I'll be completely honest; it was good.

I liked the whole pirate idea and the Tentacruel idea. It's been a long time since they added something new that was awesome.

I'm going to miss Lapras ;_; 9/10

Vernikova
24th November 2010, 1:56 AM
I really liked Ash's line when Team Rocket was running away from Jenny and said "I wish they would jut keep going" or something like that. Anyway, it was nice to see Lapras earn it's way back into its group by fighting the Tentacruel and while I'm not a fan of bad accents, the pirate with the mega bad English accent made me laugh the whole episode.

G50
9th February 2011, 3:24 AM
This was an ok episode... It was sad to see Lapras leave, I wish Ash could've kept it, but he did make the promise. I'm glad Lapras was finally back with its group and its mother. Lapras definitely proved itself to the group in this episode vs Tentacruel.

21/100

Fortunato
26th February 2011, 5:21 AM
lapras was so awesome ;-; she beasted it all the way through the orange league but it was nice to see her find her mom again (i dont know actual gender i just think lapras looks feminine) but overall a nice episode tugged at the old heart strings

hever
1st March 2011, 10:33 PM
Lapras was awesome. I was surprised to see that it was just a baby Lapras. Those other Lapras are hecka huge. :( I'm going to miss him. Overall a very nice episode. I hate goodbyes, but this one is bittersweet.

8/10

Aquarelle
26th November 2011, 12:00 PM
I have mixed feelings about this episode. On one hand, it was nice that Lapras was re-united with its family. On the other hand, I've always really liked Lapras and was sad knowing that it wouldn't be on Ash's team anymore. Actually, the very first time I saw this episode was at a friend's house and both of us were pretty mad that Lapras left. :p

Blessed
3rd February 2012, 10:50 PM
This episode was sad, I didn't want Lapras to go... I feel like the writers just used it as a means of transportation around the Orange Islands and once that was done that's it, it had to leave. Well, I'm happy it got reunited with its Mother. Misty handling those pirates was enjoyable and funny to see.

AquaMilotic
11th February 2012, 12:24 PM
This episode was sad I didn't want Lapras to go I feel like the writers just used it as a ride around the orange islands and once that was done that's it it had to leave well i'm happy it got reunited with its mother. & Misty handling those pirates was funny.

I also think Lapras was only used for transport, and that the writers didn't have other reasons to introduce it... That makes me so sad, because I love Ash's Lapras! This was so sad! I love Lapras, he's so cute! I always cry when watching this episode. 1/10 for the writers being so horribly mean for ditching Lapras like that... Sure, it's good that Lapras got reunited with his family, but that doesn't make it more sad to me and other Lapras fans... One good thing: unlike Butterfree and Pidgeot, Lapras had a return episode in Jotho...

Calamity™
16th February 2012, 3:33 PM
It's Electrode
That was sort of mean of the other Lapras at the start to attack. And I like how Ash still doesn't understand the relationship between water and electricity. The end of this was really sweet, seeing Lapras and her mother reunited. It's a shame Lapras left in the end, it was my favourite Pokémon of Ash's. Such a sad yet great episode. :<

7threst
7th September 2012, 8:04 PM
This episode was quite emotional. Lapras helped Ash the previous episode with winning the Cup and now it unfortunately, but understandably, had to leave. Luckily, we did saw good old Lapras again in Johto.

Caseydia
22nd October 2012, 6:57 PM
Lapras should have been given to Misty instead. Since the parents didn't want the Pokemon at first, Ash could have gave it to someone who would benefit from floating around in water.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
27th December 2012, 5:02 AM
Aww. Bye Lapras. After re-watching the show, I've grown fond of Lapras. Now it has to go. It was nice seeing its family. I wonder if Lapras is a girl or boy though. I think it's a girl, but I'm probably wrong.

PokemontrainerY
13th July 2013, 6:02 PM
This episode was quite sad. It's nice to see Lapras reunite with it's family, but I didn't want it to go. Lapras was the main group's transportation, it also played a major part in Ash's battle against Drake. Oh well, I guess this is for the best. I'm glad Ash kept his promise that he made to Lapras.