PDA

View Full Version : Ariados Amigos! (178)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 12:17 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/178.jpgAriados Amigos!

Meeting up with their old friend Aya of Fuchia Gym, they learn about a new Dojo which is holding a tournement. Aya is taking part with her Venonat and Ash with his Bulbasaur decides to take part. Will either of them win or will they both fail?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/johto/178.shtml)

Discuss

Ororo Munroe
19th December 2004, 8:05 PM
This was a surprising episode. I never expected Aya to be one of the minor characters that would appear again.

vulpix
2nd April 2005, 11:17 PM
i really liked this episode it was funny when Pinco exploded it was cool...no it was sad,but hey i liked this ep anyway!!

Blaziken master
25th August 2005, 9:10 PM
I just hate how Aya had to come back when they could have had the ever hot Janine and HER ariados.Sorry had to get that out,Anyway good appearance for ariados

wobbanut
7th September 2005, 12:49 AM
Compared to "Two Hits and a Miss", I really like this episode for several reasons. One, it was a lot easier to understand than 2H&AM, which had terms and traditions that I couldn't understand. At least this episode was pretty straightforward. It had a lot of great little bits as well. I like the part where Misty gets freaked out when a spinarak gives her a web face wrap. I also like the part where Wobbuffet pops out in a sequined outfit. :D I liked Aya in this episode too, and it was great to see her again.

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 6:54 PM
too bad koga wasnt in this episode. it wouldv been fun to watch. it was pretty good overall, good storyline. 8.8/10

Meganium Ex
4th December 2005, 1:41 AM
too bad koga wasnt in this episode. it wouldv been fun to watch. it was pretty good overall, good storyline. 8.8/10
I couldn't agree more ^^

Ashy Boy
7th July 2006, 8:51 AM
I might have saw the second half of the ep, but I can still say it was lame.

Yamato-san
20th July 2006, 10:31 AM
[just finishes watching the ep in Japanese]

odd... it seems as though Aya's Konpan knows Poison Sting. It can't even learn that attack... thank god AG started showing this Pokemon (its evolution, at least) use its psychic abilities. If only Butterfree had been so lucky.

ShinyManafi
20th December 2006, 4:03 AM
Not too excting, Koga in here would have been better

Battra
10th October 2007, 5:48 PM
A good episode it was great seeing Aya again she fit this episode perfectly. I loved seeing Pineco blowup on Brock after he compliments Pineco I got a laugh out of it. Misty looks very cute in ninja gear, and it's always funny when we see her confront Bug Pokemon.

Joshehh
22nd February 2008, 10:09 PM
Misty's bug phobia is always good to see :)
And I loved their ninja costumes. And the Spinarak web mask, Misty's reaction was very good. The school was good and the battle was too. Yep, I'm glad Aya came back, she's a very good character. Now if only they did return at some point. But I guess this place is locked in filler land forever...

'Would we have to pay?' LOL I love Ash and Misty sometimes.

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 12:18 PM
I love that character but this episode just really bored me >_>

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 6:53 PM
good episode, it was fun seeing aya agin in this ep.

Littlemyuu
12th March 2009, 11:45 PM
Aya is a great trainer, its always fun to see Misty scared

Hibachi
10th May 2009, 5:23 AM
I thought it was really good to see Aya again. I thought she and her Venonat got a lot stronger. I thought it was good to see Ariados.I thought it was funny when Misty had to have the Spinarak face treatment. I also thought it was funny when Pineco explodes in Brock's arms right after he compliments it for doing a good job.

GoodPokemonTrainer121
23rd September 2009, 8:05 PM
I always enjoy being freaked out by bug types.. Aya!! is always great to see some old friends from the kanto region. Yea I also agree with several others of you it would been great to see Koga. But other then that great episode so I'll rate this episode a 8.7/10 for some certain reason :)

defno
5th October 2009, 1:45 AM
I always enjoy it when old characters return, especially when you don't expect it.
The ninja training was new and entertaining but it could have been better.
All together though, it was a pretty decent episode.

Ash-kid
2nd December 2009, 2:36 PM
It was great to see a friend from the past again.
Ariados was cool, Misty afraid of it, it was funny
And i loved how Vinonet beat Arbok, it was great tactic.

Lorde
3rd December 2009, 10:38 AM
Wow. This episode had so much potential. Had they shown Koga with Aya, it would've been great. And if he'd have announced that he was promoted to the E4, this would've been an awesome episode.

I liked the ninja stuff but it felt hollow without the master ninja Koga. 3/10

Armaldo48
5th January 2010, 1:06 PM
Ariados is one of my favourite Pokemon, it was awesome that is episode features him.

7.5/10

Swampert_trainer
15th July 2010, 12:45 AM
I'm watching this episode right now on Boomerang. It was so funny when Ash and Misty asked if they'd have to pay for the ninja classes and it was great seeing Aya again. Wobbuffets sparkly outfit was great as well. I think my favorite part of the episode was seeing Ash in his red ninja outfit. Venonat vs Arbok was great a great battle.

This episode was way better than the ninja episode later in Hoenn.

8/10

Edit: Rank up!

G50
14th February 2011, 2:29 AM
This episode was very cool. It was cool seeing Ariados for the 1st time. The ninja classes the gang took were very cool and funny at the same time. Misty was hilarious! Aya's Venonat was definitely a lot stronger than before.

59/100

TheEpicGoomba
8th May 2011, 3:41 PM
This episode was good. Seeing Ariados for the first time was pretty cool. The Ninja class was cool.

6/10

Bulba the Great!
29th January 2012, 8:25 PM
How does Aya go from being a worthy opponent for Ash and a worthy student for Koga to being "Too weak" for TR's Arbok?? Plot devices...

AquaMilotic
15th February 2012, 5:41 PM
Nice to see Aya again! However, Koga should've got an appearance as well. I also liked Ariados's debute. Misty bein scared at the beginning of the episode was good as well. Misty choosing to get beauty treatment and getting a Spinarak web was awesome! An enjoyable filler, bringing back an old Character Of The Day, I'll give it 10/10.

7threst
15th September 2012, 9:34 AM
One of the most noticeable things in the Johto Series was the reappearances of characters from all way back to Kanto. I personally love to see that because it gives us more of a insight in how those recurring characters developed. Also, they have a lot of those "Dojo" episodes too in this season! Great thing because it shows us more about Japanese traditions and culture.

Blessed
22nd September 2012, 10:37 AM
A good episode, it was really nice seeing Aya again. I love when old characters return, but I think Koga should have appeared too. I loved seeing Pineco blowup on Brock after he compliments it. The Ninja training was entertaining to see as well as Misty's fear of bugs.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
30th December 2012, 3:48 AM
Starmie!!! Yes, they've finally shown Starmie's true colors. It would have been nice if Misty took part in the battling and used Staryu.

Painkiller2001
20th October 2014, 9:16 PM
At first, I thought the other ninja we saw after Aya was going to be Koga.
Didn't expect to see Aya come back.