PDA

View Full Version : The PokeSpokesman! (197)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:29 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/197.jpgThe Poké-Spokesman!

When Pikachu gets sick, a man appears and talks to Pikachu to find out what's wrong. It turns out he has the capability to talk to and understand Pokémon. However Team Rocket are in the area faking it and the law is looking for a Pokémon Translator who's been conning people out of money. Can Ash & Co. protect their new friend?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/johto/197.shtml)

Discuss

wobbanut
24th October 2004, 9:45 PM
I love that Meowth's gift for gab comes in handy with this episode, as he's able to give the old man a much-needed boost of confidence in the end of the episode.

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 6:41 PM
fun episode and i would love to see it again! 8.9/10

Meganium Ex
30th October 2005, 6:42 PM
It was an alright episode!

Ashy Boy
23rd October 2006, 1:29 PM
That gang leader was a real typical jerk.

squirtleboy12
2nd December 2006, 2:06 AM
fun episode

9/10

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 2:17 AM
Very cool episode where he can talk to pokemon :D

Battra
20th February 2008, 3:55 PM
A nice filler episode, it's nice to see a human actually try and speak Pokemon to understand them like Meowth learned human speak. If your wondering how Simon escaped from that gang, Bulbapedia says that there's a 29 second clip cut from the dub in which TR helps him escape. Anyway nice to see Meowth do something nice for a change.

Joshehh
10th April 2008, 10:44 AM
It was an alright episode, but way too predictable. However, I liked Meowth's good deed at the end, that was nice to see.

GDE
26th October 2008, 7:56 PM
I only saw the end of the episode, but meowth was so nice :)

Tadashi
28th October 2008, 10:11 PM
I love that Meowth's gift for gab comes in handy with this episode, as he's able to give the old man a much-needed boost of confidence in the end of the episode.

I like that too ^^ Meowth can do some good somtimes.

Though, slight nitpick, I don't see why we need a translator when Meowth can do the job just fine =\

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 10:32 AM
Eh talking to Pokemon? ._. A dumb filler. Mildly entertaining.

CliveKoopa
11th January 2009, 10:42 PM
This is one of my favourite episodes of the anime. I've always wondered if there are other people like Simon who can understand Pokemon language. I have a fan character who has the same ability but he is more fluent. Is Simon's last name Dolittle? XD

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 1:39 PM
this is one of my favorite series from the anime i really liked the episode, maybe a bit predictable at some places but i'm not complaining.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 1:39 PM
this is one of my favorite series from the anime i really liked the episode, maybe a bit predictable at some places but i'm not complaining.

Littlemyuu
12th March 2009, 10:50 PM
Nah it was funny to see that man talking to Pikachu XD
i liked it

BogleDominic Crazy Anime
15th April 2009, 7:09 PM
funny at the end.

katfairy
15th April 2009, 8:04 PM
Officer Jenny was pretty obnoxious in this one; she automatically assumed the guy was a fraud, never bothering to see if maybe he honestly believed what he claimed. Bad police work there, even for a cartoon character.

Hibachi
8th June 2009, 11:58 PM
I liked this episode. I enjoyed seeing a pokemon interpretor. I thought it was kind of odd how Officer Jenny just accused Simon of beeing a fake without even letting him show her his ability. I thought the fake interpretors were jerks and was glad that the Magnemite and Magneton shocked them. I am also glad they got arrested. I was glad to see Meowth do a good deed in helping Simon regain his confidence.

GoodPokemonTrainer121
10th November 2009, 2:38 AM
This episode was really strange people talking with pokemon O_O
I rate this 1/2

Ash-kid
10th December 2009, 9:50 AM
Great episode
I loved to see a human talk with pokemon, it was so cool...
And i loved to see Oddish, Rattata and Pidgey actually talking, it was funny

CliveKoopa
28th January 2010, 10:35 PM
This is one of my favourite episodes. Officer Jenny is wrong when she said Pokemon couldn't understand human speech.

Lorde
15th September 2010, 5:59 PM
This was probably one of the few Johto episodes that was indeed interesting. Yeah talking to Pokemon wasn't entirely new since we've seen that they can understand human speech, but I'm still glad that this episode focused around the idea that humans could speak in a Pokemon language (as silly as it sounds). Apart from the funny mix up with Officer Jenny thinking that James and Jessie were Butch and Cassidy, there wasn't much going on outside of the "talking to Pokemon" aspect of this episode. I still wish Johto had more episodes like this though; episodes that focused on new aspects rather than old stuff. 7/10.

G50
16th February 2011, 2:04 AM
This episode was ok... It's not as good as the other Pokemon episode where someone could understand what Pokemon were thinking. The bad guys were really jerks in this episode. I'm glad they finally realized who the real bad guys were at the end. Oddish, Rattatta, and Pidgey talking was very cool to see.

30/100

Champion Jared 14
21st March 2011, 11:56 PM
I really enjoyed this episode...I know it's been said that pokemon can understand human speech, but the idea of having a human that's capable of understanding what pokemon says is very interesting...

LOL, Officer Jenny mistook Jessie and James for Butch and Cassidy
I also like the flashback in the old guys past
And the talking Pidgey, Rattata, and Oddish too, very cute.

Also, I liked how Meowth spoke to the man to encourage him not to give up pokemon interpretation.

MidnightMelody
7th April 2011, 2:24 PM
This episode made me cry :(

TheEpicGoomba
8th May 2011, 4:37 PM
This was an ok episode.

2/10

sir.dav
12th August 2011, 11:56 AM
Officer Jenny is wrong when she said Pokemon couldn't understand human speech.
Obviously, how else would Pokémon know what attack to use in battle :) .. right?

Best moment of the episode was that gang leader's laugh when the magnemite and magneton were sucking up the elektricity :D it just kept going

ColyTom
1st February 2012, 7:40 AM
Great episode!

It's a shame we never find out if he really can speak to Pokemon though.

When Oddish, Ratata and Pidgey were in the pokemon centre I was hoping he would meet them again at the end but he didn't :(

AquaMilotic
18th February 2012, 2:15 PM
I like this episode. The concept of a Pokemon Translator is original. Meowth also had a nice role in this episode. Simon talking about his past, with Pidgey, Rattata and Oddish was interesting. Officer Jenny went way too far, just accusing someone without a valid reason is unacceptable. She should be fired! I love this episode, 10/10.

7threst
16th September 2012, 12:07 PM
This episode was alright and I liked the whole concept with the character of the day. Although this episode was not that interesting, I did in some cases liked it, but nothing exceptional.

Blessed
28th September 2012, 3:03 AM
An alright episode, wasn't too impressed by it. It was nice to see Meowth do a good deed in the end by helping Simon regain his confidence.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
30th December 2012, 11:14 PM
I didn't like when Officer Jenny said Pokemon can't understand human speech. Uhh, how do they understand when you call an attack then?

PokemontrainerY
22nd September 2013, 8:55 PM
This was a decent Johto episode. The concept of a Poké-Spokesman is nice. I liked the scene where Pokéspokesman Simon was talking about his past....it's nice to see him talking with those Pidgey, Rattata and Oddish.
Officer Jenny was obnoxious in this episode, I didn't like how she was trying to arrest Simon without leting him show his Poké-speaking abilities to her. It was all those fake interpretors fault. Magnamite and Magnaton did the right thing by shocking the Interpretors, they deserved it. I'm glad Officer Jenny finally believed Simon after arresting them.