PDA

View Full Version : The Heartbreak of Brock! (200)

Serebii
22nd October 2004, 11:31 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/200.jpgThe Heartbreak of Brock!

After saving a girl when she tripped, she falls for Brock. The girl really likes Brock and takes him to meet her father. However when Team Rocket attack, she ends up with Team Rocket and starts to fall for James. Who will she pick?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/johto/200.shtml)

Discuss

Cloud Strife
25th October 2004, 5:05 AM
Truely one of the best episodes ever (and not just because I am an AAMLer) this was just very funny, and cute.

Gravy
25th October 2004, 1:54 PM
Its a shame Temaku was a one-shot character, she's definatly one of the most interesting people that Ash & co have come across (and damn adorable 0_o; ). Although, I can't imagine her relationship with Dr.Random lasting too long :p
Definatly one of the better episodes, as it was nice to see Brock getting a taste of his own medicine...hehehe, although he obviously hasn't learnt his lesson. It was also great to see James in such fear over having a fiance XD

meggirl63
26th October 2004, 12:17 PM
I've uploaded a clip from that episode at the 'Charizard and Ash's Pokemon Club' at

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/charizardandashspokemonclub/files

Phantom_Bugsy
29th October 2004, 2:00 AM
Finally, someone in a episode who is JUST LIKE ME. XD!

Temaku's awesome. She falls for like every hot guy ever, just like me. XD!

Except I don't have a Nidorina. I have a Hariyama. >>

Ororo Munroe
19th December 2004, 7:01 PM
She falls for like every hot guy ever, just like me.
Yeah. LOL

Anyways, this was a nice episode. It was amusing how a girl liked Brock and he didn't like her back and she acts like him.

Sebok
7th January 2005, 10:26 PM
It was funny seeing the reactions of Ash and Meowth; Ash thought Misty meant THEY'D get married, and I guess Meowth already assumed Jessie thought she was James's girlfriend.

wobbanut
24th January 2005, 8:55 PM
I love Temacu! It's interesting to see the shoe on the other foot with Brock, where he's the one being pursued and he's backing off. :) I also love the part when Temacu mentions the word "fiancee" to James and he has a flashback to Jessiebelle. :D Too bad Brock ended up losing Temacu to the doctor. :(

Sharpshooter
25th January 2005, 1:42 AM
It was funny seeing the reactions of Ash and Meowth; Ash thought Misty meant THEY'D get married, and I guess Meowth already assumed Jessie thought she was James's girlfriend.

Just before any picks up on that and starts claiming "dub-only", Archaic from Bulbagarden told me that scene it was still very shippy in the original version even though those comments weren't actually said, haven't seen it myself, but I trust him :p

Haven't even seen the dub yet either, looks like I'm gonna have to buy this one on DVD at some point lol.

Gravy
6th February 2005, 2:23 PM
I also love the part when Temacu mentions the word "fiancee" to James and he has a flashback to Jessiebelle. :D Too bad Brock ended up losing Temacu to the doctor. :(
Yes, I enjoyed that part to. It was nice to see that events from James' past hadn't been completly forgotten by the writers. Although, I think its a shame Jessibel hasn't made any other appearences since then. You'd think with her over-flowing obbsession for James that she'd at least try to hunt him down or something...in a proper and orderly manner of course~

Also, that Doctor was a complete a**-clown if you ask me. I hope Temacu dumped him with extreme prejudice...mmhmm *nods, nods*

Infact, speaking of Temacu, she also needs to return at some point. If she dumped the Doctor, she could chase Brock across the globe, which means she could appear more often, which would make Gravy somewhat happy and give him more reason to watch the animé. Yep, that it would ~^.^~
She deserves to return, she was like, the best filler character ever.
Oh, and her character design totally rocked. Which is a rarity for random-filler girls IMO~ Infact, she'd make a pretty good gym leader for the games...*ponders*

Alfonso
6th February 2005, 2:38 PM
Yes, I enjoyed that part to. It was nice to see that events from James' past hadn't been completly forgotten by the writers. Although, I think its a shame Jessibel hasn't made any other appearences since then. You'd think with her over-flowing obbsession for James that she'd at least try to hunt him down or something...in a proper and orderly manner of course~

Also, that Doctor was a complete a**-clown if you ask me. I hope Temacu dumped him with extreme prejudice...mmhmm *nods, nods*

Infact, speaking of Temacu, she also needs to return at some point. If she dumped the Doctor, she could chase Brock across the globe, which means she could appear more often, which would make Gravy somewhat happy and give him more reason to watch the animé. Yep, that it would ~^.^~
She deserves to return, she was like, the best filler character ever.
Oh, and her character design totally rocked. Which is a rarity for random-filler girls IMO~ Infact, she'd make a pretty good gym leader for the games...*ponders*

Heh heh. You know Gravy, despite the image surronding you, and the image of you that I had in my head for quite some time, the truth has just hit me. Deep down, you're a Fanboy, just like me. ^_^ I knows one when I sees one. XD The whole way you talk about her is totally unlike someone who just considered her a cool character. (Like how I consider... say, Damian 'cool'.) It's the same language I use when talking about Roxanne.

Phantom_Bugsy
6th February 2005, 5:26 PM
Yey for fanboys! :D And yey for the appearance of P_B-chan in 2 episodes. XD (This 'un and A Meditite Fight)

*shifty looks* *runs away*

Gravy
6th February 2005, 6:49 PM
Heh heh. You know Gravy, despite the image surronding you, and the image of you that I had in my head for quite some time, the truth has just hit me. Deep down, you're a Fanboy, just like me. ^_^ I knows one when I sees one. XD The whole way you talk about her is totally unlike someone who just considered her a cool character. (Like how I consider... say, Damian 'cool'.) It's the same language I use when talking about Roxanne.
Oh? And what image would that be may I ask? Mild mannered guy who tends to post in the animé section too much and has no definable character traits perhaps? XP
*ahem* And yes, I am pretty much a fanboy actually ^^; I just tend to keep my fanboy-ish-ness (I'm sure thats not a real word~) quiet compared to a lot of people and rarely say much on the matter. On this occassion though, I was kinda hyped-up after obtaining this episode and watching it about thrice over, so...yeah, guess I kinda let the secret out thanks to that XD;

But really, everything I said about Temacu is true anyways. She seriously needs to return ^.^ As do a few other filler-girls come to think of it...Chigusa is a definate candidate~

Alfonso
6th February 2005, 7:19 PM
Oh? And what image would that be may I ask? Mild mannered guy who tends to post in the animé section too much and has no definable character traits perhaps? XP
*ahem* And yes, I am pretty much a fanboy actually ^^; I just tend to keep my fanboy-ish-ness (I'm sure thats not a real word~) quiet compared to a lot of people and rarely say much on the matter. On this occassion though, I was kinda hyped-up after obtaining this episode and watching it about thrice over, so...yeah, guess I kinda let the secret out thanks to that XD;

But really, everything I said about Temacu is true anyways. She seriously needs to return ^.^ As do a few other filler-girls come to think of it...Chigusa is a definate candidate~

Actually, that's exactly what I thought of you. XD No offence meant, of course. It's just that, like with many members here, you can't really tell much of their personality when they are talking about events in episodes that have yet to air. (Speculation, and such.) It's only in things like this, concerning past events and characters, can you truly see a person's interests and personality. I mean, you can hardly obsess over Roxanne in a thread about Shiny frikken Donphan. :P But yay for us, anyway. ^_^

In some ways, I liked this episode. And yet, in others, I did not. Temacu *was* a cool character, (Rather much like a certain other girl who obsessed over James, Jessibelle/Rumika.) but I didn't like the ending. It was frikken MISTY'S POLIWHIRL that hurt Temacu, if I remember correctly, so why the hell was everybody blaming James just because she choose to protect him? (Sorry if that is inaccurate. I've only seen this episode once. XD) Then there was that random annoying doctor at the end. -_-

Oh, here's a thought. In all of Temacu's fantasies, not once was her wedding dress white. Ponder that for a second. :3

wobbanut
7th February 2005, 7:57 PM
In some ways, I liked this episode. And yet, in others, I did not. Temacu *was* a cool character, (Rather much like a certain other girl who obsessed over James, Jessibelle/Rumika.) but I didn't like the ending. It was frikken MISTY'S POLIWHIRL that hurt Temacu, if I remember correctly, so why the hell was everybody blaming James just because she choose to protect him? (Sorry if that is inaccurate. I've only seen this episode once. XD) Then there was that random annoying doctor at the end. -_-

Yeah, no kidding. Team Rocket were treated worse in seasons three and four than any other season, if that's even possible (looking at the season as a whole, not just individual episodes), though season seven is getting there. Their getting blasted off in "Flower Power" for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL (for gosh sakes, they just wanted to add to the entertainment) springs immediately to mind. I hate when things regarding Team Rocket are blown completely out of proportion just because they're the bad guys. Yeesh. Their good deeds ("A Promise is a Promise", "A Poached Ego") end up going unrecognized, which is sad.

Kasumi
22nd February 2005, 5:20 AM
It is one of my favourite episodes :) I remember scene in which Misty talking with Brock. In one moment he asked her: "From where you know it everything?" She didn't answer. But I know! She has experience in "this business"> because she is fal in love! she loves ash! The day before yesterday I saw the first one in my life picture in which she and Ash are kising :) I knew that she loves him but I doidn't know I wil se it! It's grate! I 'm so happy because of that! But! May kissed Ash! Why?!

vulpix
2nd April 2005, 9:09 PM
aw man i never saw this episode,but it sounds really good.

Emma Iveli
4th June 2005, 6:11 PM
I just bouahgt the episode on DVD after not seeing for years and I found something extreamly funny (well to me any ways), Temaku's second dream wedding dress is one giant Angel Lily refernce. Okay let me explane: Angel Lily is a MAgical Girl from the anime Wedding Peach (think Sailor Moon with a wedding theme... AND IT'S NOT A RIP-OFF!) anyways the Magical Girls in the anime have two dresses tradidtion MAgcal Girl and Wedding Dresses, Temaku's 2nd dream wedding dress was nearly idetical to Angel Lily's wedding dress, hat, sleeves and even color even her bouqe was also lilys. I also think the other two dress were smaller refecews to the other Love Angels, Pink= Wedding Peach, Gold= Angel Daisy.

Gravy
4th June 2005, 7:09 PM
*searches on google for a few minutes*

...Holy freakin' crap, you're absolutely right. Hell, Temacu's hairstyle is even strikingly similar to that of Momoko, the main character O_O; Dare (http://www.kunigunde.ch/shrine1/weddingpeach.jpg) to compare (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/lookup.jpg)~

...Awesome! I do believe this is my cue to produce some fanart! *scuttles off*

Alfonso
4th June 2005, 7:23 PM
...:0

I may even be producing some 'fanart' of my own, you know. If you get what I mean. *nudge nudge*

...*waits to Gravy to say something* ...>.>

*wink wink*

Okay, I might be drawing a awfully naughty picture which may contain Temachu. :0 *wonders who to put her with if anyone*

Gravy
7th June 2005, 10:26 PM
...:0

I may even be producing some 'fanart' of my own, you know. If you get what I mean. *nudge nudge*

...*waits to Gravy to say something* ...>.>

*wink wink*

Okay, I might be drawing a awfully naughty picture which may contain Temachu. :0 *wonders who to put her with if anyone*
*3 days later*....something! :O
I think Temacu would go well with a dash of Pheobe or a pinch of Chigusa for whatever bizzare reason. *commences the rolling of eyes*

And TemaCHU? CHU? Oh my, its Hocus-Pokémon all over again. But, you know. FAR cuter.

I need to take up your oh-so-subtle suggestion of drawing Roxxanne and Nosepass also methinks. Because I'm that nice a guy. (?!?)

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
15th October 2005, 7:57 AM

Chigusa?

Anywho...

She DOES need to return,she was one of the cutest,hell,even the cutest Pokemon anime character evar ^_^

Its a shame Temaku was a one-shot character, she's definatly one of the most interesting people that Ash & co have come across (and damn adorable 0_o; ).

Yup :D

Heracross
20th October 2005, 10:06 PM
I had forgotten how good this episode was. In a sea of fillers, this one stood up as one of the most hilarious and memorable in mid-Jouto. As Ed says, episodes involving love are always great, and this is no exception.

Himeka was adorable, and it was hilarious to see a pretty girl hitting on Takeshi for a change. He was all awkward and had no idea what the hell to do. And then when she starts hitting on Kojirou, he flips out and has a flashback of Rumika at the mention of "fiancé". XD Not only was that funny, it proved that the writers actually do remember something that happened in their own show. And once again Musashi and Nyasu force poor Koji into one of their twisted schemes.

Then after Satoshi-tachi dispense of the Rocket-dan and Takeshi finally decides that he likes Himeka, she wakes up and immediately goes through the whole wedding shpiel with that doctor guy. Poor Takeshi never catches a break. XD

The only thing I didn't really like about this one is how in the hell Kojirou-tachi didn't notice that they had failed to capture all those pokémon and accidentally kidnapped Himeka when they were in the same damn balloon the entire time. >_> That just makes no sense.

I don't remember what the dub music sounded like in this ep, but I do remember that some of it was not the same as in the original version. This one was in the period when they really started mutilating it. :/

And on a final note, Himeka's skirt was freakin' tiny. I mean, damn. o_o

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
21st October 2005, 6:24 AM
And on a final note, Himeka's skirt was freakin' tiny. I mean, damn. o_o
o_o I never noticed that,what the hell?

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 5:19 PM
good episode and had a prety good storyline 9.5/10

Meganium Ex
31st October 2005, 9:09 PM
Not one I enjoyed so much but meh, it wasn't horrible.

DKzM0mA
2nd November 2005, 12:55 PM
When misty said thet'd get married sumday i fell of my chair! I didn't understand what she at the time. I thought she meant she was gonna marry ash xD

Ultimate Mewtwo
9th February 2006, 11:02 PM
Nice episode, but Temacu is annoying. I hate girls that get obbsessed with a guy.

CyberCubed
21st February 2006, 12:03 AM
Randomly decided to pop in my Johto League Champion DVDs today, and decided to watch this episode.

The animation in this episode surprisingly held up great. Obviously it isn't digital like AG is, but it still looks good. Brock/Temacu was amusing, more so than James/Temacu.

Heh, Misty shoots Temacu with Water Gun. The way the animation did a slow-mo on Temacu's face gave me the impression that this was supossed to be a suggestive undertone, especially with the skirt blowing in the wind after she fell.

Nice episode, but of course Brock has to be heartbroken in the end everytime a potential love interest comes up.

*notices Alfonso/Gravy circle jerk on first page*

Eh, funny how people get to know each other in only a few years.

Alfonso
21st February 2006, 12:13 AM
*notices Alfonso/Gravy circle jerk on first page*

Eh, funny how people get to know each other in only a few years.

I hadn't heard of that term before you said it. I assumed it meant something nice, like friendship, getting to know eachother, etc.

Then I did a search on it.

o_o!

First time me and Gravy interacted properly, I think.

Alfonso, Gravy, V Faction and Cybercubed... the four musketeers. :0

V Faction
21st February 2006, 2:33 AM
I was going to post something funny, but then I thought it might exclude one of us.

So I didn't. Ta-da?

Umi Mizuno
28th August 2006, 2:13 AM
Temacu was f-ing funny. It's filler characters like her that make me want to watch the entire Johto series in search of good filler characters. :3 It's finally nice to see Brock getting hit on by a cute girl rather then the other way around. Temacu should've gotten another episode, seeing fangirl-like characters like her is fun.

Yamato-san
30th August 2006, 10:19 AM
well, I just saw this episode in Japanese. A few notes.

Just before any picks up on that and starts claiming "dub-only", Archaic from Bulbagarden told me that scene it was still very shippy in the original version even though those comments weren't actually said, haven't seen it myself, but I trust him :p

actually, no. I can, once and for all, confirm that the line in question was indeed dub-added. Where as in the English version, Ash is shocked to Misty saying "You and I will be married someday, too", the Japanese version simply has Kasumi say "Are wa Takeshi no hitomebore ne" ("I guess she fell for Takeshi at first sight"). My guess is that Satoshi was surprised since that usually doesn't happen. Later in the episode, Rocket Dan kinda repeats the scene with Kojirou getting hit on, and Nyaasu acting shocked to Musashi saying "Douyara ano ko Kojirou ni hitomebore no you ne" ("It seems like that kid fell for Kojirou at first sight"), which as you can see is almost exactly what Kasumi said earlier. XD

I just bouahgt the episode on DVD after not seeing for years and I found something extreamly funny (well to me any ways), Temaku's second dream wedding dress is one giant Angel Lily refernce. Okay let me explane: Angel Lily is a MAgical Girl from the anime Wedding Peach (think Sailor Moon with a wedding theme... AND IT'S NOT A RIP-OFF!) anyways the Magical Girls in the anime have two dresses tradidtion MAgcal Girl and Wedding Dresses, Temaku's 2nd dream wedding dress was nearly idetical to Angel Lily's wedding dress, hat, sleeves and even color even her bouqe was also lilys. I also think the other two dress were smaller refecews to the other Love Angels, Pink= Wedding Peach, Gold= Angel Daisy.

I noticed Himeka had a tendency to say "mekyuu"(?) everytime she got love-struck. Would that happen to be a Wedding Peach reference?

the episode's fresher in my head as of typing this. And you're right, it was Kasumi's Nyorozo that hurt Himeka, and yes, that bugged the hell out of me as well. Himeka got in the way of her own free will, and none of the characters ever stopped to consider that she may really have a thing for Kojirou to be taking things that far (even though she actually didn't, as her father soon reveals... still, taking a figurative bullet was probably the biggest thing she's ever done in her seemingly random obsessions, 'cause we sure as hell never got to see her do that for Takeshi or Dr. Random... though, nothing says she might've given the circumstances). It also would've been nice to see Kojirou's reaction to this, as even though he's emotionally scarred by the prospect of having a fiancee, an act of self-sacrifice would greatly differ his view of Himeka from Rumika (of course, it'd be a very short-lived love interest that's gone by the next episode, much like Rose in the Housou special). Instead, we just get straight to the finger-pointing and "It's all your fault! GTFO!!!" "BOOM!" "This is the sh*ts!" -_-

Oh, here's a thought. In all of Temacu's fantasies, not once was her wedding dress white. Ponder that for a second. :3

speaking of her fantasies... is it just me, or did she really want a high-class wedding with Kojirou? I mean, crystal stairs (possibly further evidence that she was willing to take Kojirou further than her other obsessions. See previous parenthesis insert).

...Awesome! I do believe this is my cue to produce some fanart! *scuttles off*

ne, Gravy... you made that post over a year ago. How come I don't see any Himeka fanart on your DA? Speaking of DA, you didn't forget... you know...

And just one more interesting tidbit here: Himeka has a tendency to relate people's names to Pokemon. After asking around on the staff channel about the dub version (been so long since I saw it), she apparently did it in the English version as well, however, with some differences. Himeka relating her name to Himeguma (hi), Merriep (me), and Karakara (ka), is pretty much intact (Temacu relates to Teddiursa, Mareep, and Cubone). However, what I was really curious about asking on the channel was how they handled Brock and James's names, considering they're just one syllable in the English version.

Originally, Himeka said that Takeshi's name refers to Tamatama (ta), Casey (ke), and Shellder (shi), while Kojirou is Koiking (ko), Jugon (ji), Rokon (ro), and Usokkii (u). Remarkably, it turns out the dub kept all these Pokemon references intact (except Shellder... for some reason, Temacu uses Cloyster, instead), but instead of directly referring to the English names Brock and James, she suggests that a different name is more suitable for them ("Exbracloy" and "Madevusu", respectively).

Gravy
30th August 2006, 2:23 PM
*shudders* Eew...THAT'S what I was like back in early 2005? Tell me the truth doc'...have I really changed?

ne, Gravy... you made that post over a year ago. How come I don't see any Himeka fanart on your DA? Speaking of DA, you didn't forget... you know...

I did actually keep my word and make some Temacu fanart. Infact, it was one of the few pieces of work I've been genuinely proud of. It took me absolutely ages to complete, and it was all drawn in MS paint. I did a background, added loads of tiny little details, the works.
But then of course, you have to remember that fate has a sick, twisted sense of humour. I was almost finished with the picture, and had been taking a break from it for a couple of days. All I had left to do was fix her arm up and colour in her ickle bow-tie and it would have been 100% done and dusted. But then, wouldn't you know it...BAM! Computer decides to get a virus. Only way to fix it, was to wipe everything, and restore the piece of garbage to how it was before it was purchased.
Needless to say, it put me off drawing something like that again for quite some time :/

And no, I can assure you I haven't forgotten You Know. I've just got a heavy workload that I've been foolishly procrastinating with (again) so...yeah, that's putting a dent in the time I could be using to make things for myself and others ^^;

And my, my. Looks like you've all got this very relevent-to-the-topic, post to deal with ;)

Umi Mizuno
31st August 2006, 11:21 PM
I'm curious Yamato-san, did Misty say to Brock in that part in the dub she said, "Take it from me, it's a lot easier to like someone who likes you then to like someone who doesn't." Did she say that in the Jap version or was that dub added?

*pats Gravy* Been there, done that. :< Trust me I know what it feels like, *has gotten corrupted files of almost completed AMVs* ;;

Yamato-san
3rd September 2006, 9:54 AM
I'm curious Yamato-san, did Misty say to Brock in that part in the dub she said, "Take it from me, it's a lot easier to like someone who likes you then to like someone who doesn't." Did she say that in the Jap version or was that dub added?

uh.... at exactly what point in the episode does she say this?

Geodude
3rd September 2006, 9:58 AM
When she's trying to convince Brock to reciprocate Temacu's advances. The exact scene is where she says that line, he questions her, then she recoils and sweatdrops.

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 1:46 AM
This is seriously one of the best Brock episodes, but this time, vise-versa ;)

Hell_fire
5th May 2007, 9:13 AM
i liked this episode who was mist talking about ash?
"we'll get married to someday" ash's reaction was hilarous and so was misty's
and "its eaier to love someone who loves you back than to love some one who doesn't"????? who's this for
shame there are no pictures

G4Pokefan
3rd June 2007, 6:50 AM
This was another great episode! I had 2 be annoyed at Brock for a bit. A girl finally wanting him and he gets cold feet. Then at the end it was too late! Man! Team Rocket was tight in this ep. too. When the girl wanted James to be her finance, I knew there was gonna be a mention/flashback about jessibella coming!

89/100

Seeing this episode along with "Wayward Wobbuffet" and "Air Time" really makes me regret missing mostly the whole 4th season because back then I had to move to another state with My grand-parents and we didn't have cable for almost two years!

Lord of Music
5th June 2007, 12:38 PM
Mistys "Marry" line to ash was coooool. Im a pokeshipper, you see.

Legendary Raikou
5th June 2007, 2:37 PM
Yea these were classic Johto episodes to me... This was indeed a good episode!

Lord of Music
10th June 2007, 5:16 AM
But they should have made a "vision" sort of thing where ash and misty in a tuxedo and a gown..... sorry, getting carried away.....

Battra
11th March 2008, 8:36 PM
One of the all time best episodes of the entire series, it's very hilarious when we get a female Brock in Temaku, it's to bad she's only a filler. It's nice seeing Brock on the receiving end for once and gets cold feet because of it, I also noticed the references to the anime Wedding Peach with Temaku's different dresses and hair styles. Nice seeing Misty admit to actually liking someone and them not noticing or not returning the feelings, also loved Misty's line to Ash "Someday you and I will be married to." Ashes reaction to the line was priceless, I always wondered if she actually meant her and Ash or if she just meant it in general reference?

bhrettzerda053
26th March 2008, 6:16 AM
Temaku is head over heels for Brock here in this episode. Just like her, I had a Nidorina once but, unfortunately, I evolved it into a Nidoqueen. Cool score for Temaku, but why did she become in love with James instead of Brock in the last part?(I loved that Roxanne Doll here. In case you don't know who's Roxanne, she's the first gym leader of Hoenn.)

Ragnarofl
26th March 2008, 6:29 AM
Nice seeing Misty admit to actually liking someone and them not noticing or not returning the feelings, also loved Misty's line to Ash "Someday you and I will be married to." Ashes reaction to the line was priceless, I always wondered if she actually meant her and Ash or if she just meant it in general reference?
Actually that line was typical 4kids 'make Ash and Misty lovers' edit. In the original, Misty simply said that the girl has a crush on Brock.

Joshehh
12th April 2008, 6:33 PM
Temaku was amazing, I'd say she was one of the best ever filler characters. Seeing her fight for James, and giving Brock a taste of his own medicine were really nice. And it was lovely to see Misty's tutoring and pushing of Brock, and the fact that they recognised Team Rocket for once!

One of the best Johto eps I'd say :D

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 10:52 AM
I like how someone finally liked Brock for a change. James as well. Of course neither of them got with her >_> Oh well.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 6:46 PM
the storyline in this episode was good if you asked me, i would give it a 7/10 which is above the middled rating.

Littlemyuu
9th March 2009, 11:44 PM
It was a good episode...i was kinda jealous when she fell for James o_O;
lol...i know iam odd...it was one of my faves

Blue Snover
12th March 2009, 11:38 AM
That girl and Brock were well suited, because he drools over any girl he sees and she does the same with guys.

BogleDominic Crazy Anime
15th April 2009, 8:36 PM
"And you as hard to catch as a suddowoodo, maduvusu" My me laugh that part, nickname for suddowoodo! XD

And I see this part for pokeshippers: Misty will marry Ash! :/

Hibachi
19th June 2009, 9:32 PM
I thought it was funny to see somebody like Brock for a change. Although you would have thought that Brock could atleast acknowledge her even if he didn't like her at first. I think that the relationship between Temacu and the doctor will be short lived. I also liked the reference to Jessiebell when Temacu mentions the word fiance to James. I also noticed that this is one of the few times in which Team Rocket gets recognized in their costumes. Also, when Temacu is fantasizing about her and Brock's marriage, Brock is wearing the same tuxedo as in "Beauty and the Breeder," just with the addition of the flower.

Willow's Tara
26th October 2009, 1:54 AM
You know this episode is pretty good, funny how she keeps falling for all the guys.

I do agree how Temku was the one who ordered an attack on Poliwhirl and when Misty ordered it to attack James and she jumped in the way to save him that they blame TR for that, I think sometimes they are blamed for stupid reasons and blasted off (Like in Hour of the Houndour when they took the ham, I bet they would have been blasted off if they had caught them red handed yeven if they were starving to death despite Houndour stole it to help his friends kinda like they did).

Probably one of the annoying things in this episode (Unless Ash meant when they stole the pokemon and said now you are gonna get it but I doubt it)

GoodPokemonTrainer121
25th November 2009, 1:49 AM
Finally a girl likes Brock and Brock rejects that request!! Are you kidding me Brock this girl is willing to cook for you and do other stuff for your and you still reject her!!! But I love in the end how Brock got jealous when that girl was with James. I'm never going to type that girls name because she got a big one. And I like how she loves every guy she see's lol I'll rate this an 10/10

Lorde
13th December 2009, 10:54 PM
It wasn't very good. Apart from the romance in this episode, I'd say it's your typical mid-Johto episode with some Brock thrown in there as a main character for good measure. I'm not sure if this episode was all that funny either. I didn't think that falling in love every few minutes was a fine concept for children to see, even in an anime. The COTD seemed shallow as a result. 4/10.

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 1:33 PM
Good filler.

Too bad that Brock didn't marry with this girl.... maybe because she was young.

6/10

Armaldo48
7th January 2010, 2:21 PM
It was fun to see a female Brock. And is it just me, or does Brock only gets a crush on someone who hasn't one on him?

7/10

CliveKoopa
29th January 2010, 10:23 AM
It was quite good that this episode shows that there are other professors and labs other than the ones in Pallet Town, New Bark Town, etc. It was funny to see a female version of Brock. It was quite ironic that this was one of the few girls that Brock didn't fall for.

Caseydia
10th November 2010, 1:55 AM
This showed that Brock wasn't ready for love. Misty was only thinking of herself when she was talking to Brock. It's just that his hormones are over-the-top. That's all.

G50
16th February 2011, 2:12 AM
This episode was ok... It was hilarious the whole episode! Temaku was funny to watch how she kept going after Brock, and then all of a sudden change who she liked later on. Brock was so speechless since it was the 1st time somebody liked him, he wasn't used to it.

20/100

RocketTwurpSLR
17th March 2011, 11:59 AM
this was one of my favourites too
brocks was soo late

misty was the reason i loved this episode

"even breeders cant compete with a doctor"XD

misty"take my experiance, you have to like each other before you love them"
brock"how do you know"
misty, hides the big blush on her face "ermm....i heard it somewhere"

misty "you and i will be marrid someday"
ash "ahhmmm" nods agreeingly "huh" ash freaks out
misty has an horrified expressoin on her face, she spoke out loud

something tells me ash isnt so dence if he took it the wrong "cough,right, cough"way

TheEpicGoomba
8th May 2011, 3:50 PM
This episode was decent in a sence. Glad Brock got some attention.

4/10

ColyTom
2nd February 2012, 3:05 PM
Great episode!

Ash and Misty truly do love each other!

Bulba the Great!
6th February 2012, 7:16 AM
Misty's line about no Pokemon Breeder comparing to being a doctor sure seems relevant now...

AquaMilotic
18th February 2012, 2:47 PM
Misty saying to Ash in the dub "you and I will be married someday too" made this episode great, but it was also annoying that it's just dub-added... It was funny to see a girl falling in love with Brock! I'm glad that Brock didn't marry Temaku, that would mean he couldn't travel with Ash and Misty anymore, and Brock is so awesome!

Caseydia
26th February 2012, 1:24 AM
Great episode!

Ash and Misty truly do love each other!

This episode showed us that Brock may take forever to find his one true love when this dumb girl slipped right through his fingers.

Falstaff
26th February 2012, 2:35 PM
Aww Temacu...she must feel awfully alone to go after every guy like that. Did you notice that the 'cu' in her name is for 'lonely little Cubone'?

I think Misty was clearly projecting when she gave Brock advice

Caseydia
27th February 2012, 8:13 PM
Ash and Temaku are both airheads. They deserve each other. ^^

Hero of Ideals
16th September 2012, 1:32 PM
Still one of my favorite Johto arc episodes (despite how some treat Kanto and.Johto as the best sagas or games)

Brock got what's coming to him, James was reminded of Jessibbell and Brock forever alone.

Will he ever find the perfect girl?

8.5/10

7threst
16th September 2012, 1:41 PM
Whenever there is a episode that turns the whole running gag of Brock falling in love with someone else around, it becomes instantly hilarious to watch. Temaku was a great character of the day and she was hilarious with her affection for three different guys (Especially James' one was full of humorous moments) For this season, I rank this as my top favorite one - this is humor and love combined at its finest.

Blessed
28th September 2012, 5:20 AM
A very good and funny episode, It was nice seeing a girl fall in love with Brock after all the girls he's been infatuated with. All the fantasy's were very hilarious and enjoyable to see. I can see why Brock acted the way he did with Temaku, since no girl has ever fallen for him before because he's always been the one to make the first move.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
30th September 2012, 2:39 AM
Pokemon marked 200 episodes with this one. I kind of feel bad for Brock as he still has not found his one true love. I really think he belongs with Suzie though.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
31st December 2012, 1:30 AM
The episode was good. But, that girl seriously needs to stop falling in love with people so fast. I think she's like 10 years old.

AdrenalinDragon
8th May 2014, 12:39 AM
This is my all-time favourite Johto episode. It was hilarious seeing Brock being chased by a girl and her falling madly in love with him. Of course, he doesn't know what to do because he's never been in a position like this, but it was funny out of all the people giving him advice on it was Misty. I know this part is dub only, but Misty saying "You and I will be married someday too" and Ash's reaction to that probably gave me the biggest laugh. Things get more interesting by making the girl fall in love with James too, giving him horrible memories of Jessiebelle and a few funny moments as well. In an ironic but fitting conclusion though, Brock becomes heartbroken just as he was about to step up to the game. The doctor who saved the girl's life after Team Rocket attacks them ends up taking her away by marrying her. Life isn't fair, is it?

10/10

zhixun
3rd June 2014, 10:07 AM
I could not believe that Takeshi was so oblivious when a girl did show some interest on him. Actually quite funny that Kasumi is helping Takeshi instead of pulling his ear. Nice to see that Kojiro was also one of the targets as well and I like to see his reaction. He reacted like he was going to marry Rumika in my opinion.