PDA

View Full Version : Right On, Rhydon! (206)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 12:35 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/206.jpgRight On, Rhydon!

In the early morning while camping out, Ash & Co. see a spectacular sight...a Surfing Rhydon. They meet up with a trainer who has been following it and wants to capture it. Can Ash & Co. help her catch it?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/johto/206.shtml)

Discuss

wobbanut
9th September 2005, 11:06 PM
I have fond memories of this episode, since they ran it the Saturday before they ran Wobbuffet's first episodes during the Road to Indigo in 2002. I liked when Team Rocket discovered he fell into their trap especially, and the Wobbuffet boat. :) I also liked Team Rocket saying the motto with their mouths full. LOL

I know my opinion of this episode was slanted a bit after someone commented once that rhydon shouldn't have been captured when it obviously had no desire to be captured. I can definitely agree with that. I am glad that the tunnel was finally drilled, but it makes me wonder what happened next, if he could ever visit his favorite apple trees again.

Otherwise, this episode was okay.

Aptenodytes
30th October 2005, 7:30 PM
fun episode to watch! i found it interesting to see a surfing rhydon. 8/10

Meganium Ex
31st October 2005, 9:59 PM
Interesting how Kanto Pokemon improve ALOT in Johto episodes. I liked this eppie!

Ashy Boy
15th July 2006, 11:47 PM
Pretty weak episode. Even though a waterproof Rhydon was interesting, everything else was predictable.

Charizard86
16th July 2006, 9:42 AM
At least this episode had something to do with the games, namely the surfing Rydon in one of the buildings in Ecruteak city. I agree that the Rydon shouldn't have been captured & should have just offered to help so that it could return to the wild afterwards. After the tunnel was finished it was probably left in it's pokeball to rot, never to swim again.

ShinyManafi
20th December 2006, 4:02 AM
Ohhhhh, a surfing Rhydon, now thats cool, when in the first season, a Rhyhorn sank in water

Battra
23rd April 2008, 7:26 PM
I like it when they show Pokemon doing stuff out of their element, it usually makes the episode very enjoyable, also the Rhydon looked animated very well.

Igottapoo
7th January 2009, 11:51 AM
This was pretty cool. The surfing Rhydon kinda suprised me as well. Pretty fun.

(s.i.e)
26th January 2009, 7:49 PM
first a surfing pikachu then a surfing rhydon, this becomes a bit unlogic if you ask me.

Littlemyuu
10th March 2009, 12:43 AM
it was a cool episode, it looked funny to see a Rhydon use surf..

BogleDominic Crazy Anime
26th April 2009, 9:09 PM
Rhydon use surf! Its good for strong trainers! also marill use iron tail! :D

Ash-kid
3rd June 2009, 4:18 PM
Wow, cool!
Rhydon that can swim in a water!
But it's odd how he lost to a little Marill.
It was strange how a little water that fell in the cave, frightened Onix.

Hibachi
21st June 2009, 10:10 PM
I am glad that we were able to see a surfing Rhydon. In the video games, Rhydon is able to learn HM03 Surf. I felt bad that Rhydon had to be captured though. I was hoping that Rhydon would volunteer to help drill the tunnel after they rescued him from Team Rocket. I liked the part when Jessie mentions that she wishes she could just trade for the Rhydon while she glances at Wobbufet. Poor Jessie didn't get a good trade, but I enjoy Wobbufet. Especially when it is eating the apples and when it fell into the trap.

Ash-kid
13th August 2009, 2:07 PM
Rhydon was so strong, but Maril has defeated it. Brock's Onix was afraid of some water, it was funny how it was escaped from there....

GoodPokemonTrainer121
31st December 2009, 10:46 PM
I really did like this episode
A surfing Rhydon WTF?
That was cool I wish they had one of those in games. And this episode was very good and funny I rate this 8/10

Lorde
31st December 2009, 10:55 PM
Not everyday you see a Surfing Pokemon that shouldn't be on the water (much like that Surfing Pikachu in Kanto).

I found that I loved it. The little odd addition was great. I loved that Marill with Iron Tail, wish the COTD had taught it to Ash's Pikachu but that would never happen in Johto of course.

I suppose the Rhydon in Enju City inspired this episode, 8/10

latios reborn
31st December 2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah I liked it how Marill grabbed its tail and swung it

Lorde
31st December 2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah I liked it how Marill grabbed its tail and swung it

It reminded me of how people swing a flail. That was a nice touch by the writers/animators.

Though again, this was a great oppurtunity to teach Pikachu the move.

G50
17th February 2011, 12:05 PM
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing an unusual site; a Rhydon who could Surf. It was cool seeing Marrill use Iron Tail, and was able to defeat Rhydon so it could be captured and used for digging a tunnel to get through.

25/100

TheEpicGoomba
8th May 2011, 4:22 PM
This episode was cool. Seeing Rhydon again was cool especially since it can learn Surf and a Marril with Iro tail was cool too.

6/10

ColyTom
4th February 2012, 10:06 PM
It was nice to see Rhydon star in an episode, given that he was the first Pokemon created!

AquaMilotic
18th February 2012, 4:30 PM
The idea of a surfing Rhydon was awesome! Pietra'a Marill was cute and powerful, and awesome. I like this episode, 9/10. It's an original and nice filler.

7threst
16th September 2012, 5:15 PM
That Rhydon was a beast of a Pokémon. I think it was a cool filler and showing how awesome Rhydon can be. For the rest was this episode nicely done but it was not really that unique like the previous episode.

Blessed
28th September 2012, 4:29 PM
A boring episode, I didn't care for Pietra'a problem. She was a bland girl too. It was cute & funny seeing Wobbufet eat the apples and when it fell into the trap.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
31st December 2012, 2:36 AM
Wow. That Rhydon was strong. When Misty told the Pokemon to surround Rhydon, I don't think Rhydon was scared. I mean, they're all so tiny. xD

Brownie
31st December 2012, 2:46 AM
Not my favorite episode, but I loved the title :p

*~Silver*~
3rd February 2013, 6:47 AM
Team Rocket reciting their motto in this episode was hilarious... You couldn't understand a word they were saying, and I bet the voice actors just had the best time ever doing that. xD

For the most part it was a cool episode. Rhydon learning how to surf was pretty cool. I wish you could catch one like that in the games... xD

richardortizi
27th February 2013, 5:00 AM
In the early morning while camping out, Ash & Co. see a spectacular sight...a Surfing Rhydon. They meet up with a trainer who has been following it and wants to capture it. Can Ash & Co. help her catch it?

Shayminslicker
1st March 2013, 6:37 AM
I loved the Team Rocket motto it was funny. They just stuffed their faces with apples and the reactions from Ash and co. were priceless.

zhixun
31st May 2014, 5:06 PM
I am actually amazed by that Sidon actually not afraid of getting into water. But this makes more sense than it took damage from Pikachu's Juuman Boruto/ Thunderbolt attack back in Kanto. Sonans fell into a trap is funny because Rocket Dan thought it was supposed to be a Sidon rather than Sonans. I think that Iron Tail was the key for the capture as it is not too afraid of water.

Painkiller2001
23rd October 2014, 6:33 AM
Am I the only one that noticed that Pietra's Marill had a pierced ear?
Because it did! :)