PDA

View Full Version : Slowking's Day (001)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 12:40 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S1.jpgSlowking's Day!

A Day In The Life of Slowking on Shamouti Island. What does he do?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/001.shtml)

Discuss

ChaosMage
22nd November 2004, 10:08 PM
LAAAAAAME!!! Worse than all the Pikachu specials put together!

Torkoal Stu
1st January 2005, 8:37 AM
what is the point of this. i mean it has no point.

Sora
5th February 2005, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry, but this insults real fillers

Murgatroyd
5th February 2005, 12:57 AM
It's only a couple of minutes long. I don't know exactly what circumstances it first appeared in, but I suspect it was to fill a few minutes of some longer program. It can hardly be considered an episode, but since there's no better classification for it, that's what Serebii's done.

Since it isn't and was never meant to be the equivalent of a full episode, stop insulting it like one.

Heracross
18th March 2005, 1:58 AM
Just recently got to see this and it was pretty annoying. It wouldn't have been bad at all if they just had the narrator doing commentary or something, but they had a bunch of Japanese kids, pretty young judging by how they sounded, saying the same friggin thing over and over again. >>; It really got on your nerves after about the second time they said it.

sdp
18th March 2005, 2:22 AM
It's just a short, i find it really cool.

Houndoom
18th March 2005, 5:21 AM
I haven't heard of this short film, where do I find it?

Water Man
22nd March 2005, 9:04 PM
Toonami will air the specials in May, so lets hope they dont air this one first!

Chris
22nd March 2005, 9:07 PM
That's unconfirmed, damnit. --; There is NO WORD on the Houso specials and regular specials.

CyberCubed
22nd March 2005, 9:58 PM
Toonami will air the specials in May, so lets hope they dont air this one first!

Pokemon isn't going to air on CN anytime soon and if it does it certainly won't be airing on Toonami.

Heracross
22nd March 2005, 10:44 PM
Even if they were going to show the specials I sincerely doubt this would be included. It's barely more than three minutes long, it hardly even counts as a special. :P

Gravy
22nd March 2005, 10:59 PM
On the subject of Pokémon airing on Toonami, that random poster is refering to Toonami UK, which is apparantly going to be airing the Chronicles series in May according to pkmn.net.

I haven't seen any other sources or pieces of evidence as of yet, and the UK Toonami site is pretty slow with news as it is, so I'll ask around a little~

Dummy991
1st August 2006, 6:21 PM
....... WHY DOES IT EXIST i mean i say it's kinda like a commercial!!!! that's what i say!!!!!!1!!! Down with Slowking!!!!! ;199;

cjoey97
27th February 2008, 11:53 AM
It wasn't even like an episode, it was only a couple of minuted. Even still, it is a special, so Serebii had included it. Still it stinks.

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th February 2008, 12:06 PM
He should have said that he needed pants. Yes I know that was a dub-only line, but it was the best line he ever got.

And this still doesn't help with the issue of where the shrine *is*. I always figured it was on the far part of Shamouti Island, and this special is as murky about it as the movie.

Slowking[George]
8th October 2008, 8:18 PM
Slowking is amazing! ;O;

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 6:18 PM
Possibly the worst short ever made.

Slowking[George]
16th April 2009, 9:41 AM
Possibly the best short made ever?

Yes. That's right. Slowking was SO amazing in this special, I can't even decide which of the scenes was the greatest. I loved the scene when he was sleeping amongst the flowers and when he was swimming undrwater in the crystal clear sea. Slowking forever. ;)

Littlemyuu
8th July 2009, 11:19 PM
So boring that it made me cry :(

Hibachi
19th July 2009, 11:11 PM
I didn't like this at all. The little kid's voices really began to get on my nerves. I would totally watch any of the other Pikachu shorts anyday.

Lorde
6th January 2010, 9:29 AM
It's really a really short short (lol). It's like 3 minutes long but worth it.

The kids in the background sound cute and the overall story of Slowking going about it's day was cute too.

Not much too say, it was just cute :)

Ash-kid
6th January 2010, 9:31 AM
Funny short..

I loved to learn more about Slowking. it looks strange but funny.

6/10

G50
1st March 2011, 2:39 AM
This short was very bizarre but also funny. The narrating after everything he does is annoying, but funny. It was cool to see him sleeping next to the flowers, made the scenery look cool.

20/100

AquaMilotic
8th January 2012, 5:01 PM
It was funny and bad at the same time. It was so bad that it's hilarious. The kids voices were really annoying. 6/10.

Brownie
4th January 2013, 9:55 PM
Wow, they basically gave us a short of Slowking doing nothing...and I enjoyed it! :( This is sad...