PDA

View Full Version : Mewtwo Returns! (002)

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 12:41 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S2.jpgMewtwo Returns!

Giovanni, Leader of Team Rocket is still after Mewtwo. While Mewtwo and his gang of clones are hiding on top of an unclimbable mountain in Johto. A Rocket Spy named Domino goes up the mountain with Ash and Co. to get over it but also to spot Mewtwo. Will Mewtwo Yield to Giovanni or will Ash save Mewtwo from itself yet again?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/002.shtml)

Discuss

Blue,Too?
25th October 2004, 1:37 AM
Meh, I didn't really like this. The plot wasn't that great (Wow! Mewtwo returns for some reason! That is teh kewl!) and some things were confusing (why were the Nidoqueen's babies little Nidoqueen instead of Nidoran females?). But hey, at least this movie means that 4Kids can release dubs of specials. Overal, this special wasn't as good as the movie that came before it, Mewtwo Strikes Back.

I Give Mewtwo Returns a 8...... out of 10

Chris
25th October 2004, 1:49 AM
The anime world is different from the game world. Very different. Nidoqueen can't even breed in the games. It only makes sense that they have Nidoqeen and Rhyhorn babies since that's what they are. And no, this is no sign of future TV special releases. This one was an exception because it was a follow up from the first movie and it has Satoshi in it. Anything without Satoshi's staying in Japan.

Freedom
25th October 2004, 1:33 PM
This wasn't a really good sequel. I didn't really like it but Domino was an interesting character. She should've appeared in the anime.

Crystal Latios
25th October 2004, 11:28 PM
I like Domino. She is a great TR Member. She didn`t use pokemon to fight but dark Tulips and bombs. She won with Ash and his gang without troubles. Every TR Member should be like Domino. I think, she is the evilest and the best TR Member in anime.

I don`t understand one thing. Why Mewtwo couldn`t save his close-friends and the Islands earlier? Giovanni said, if Mewtwo is not docile, he will destroy all clones and his Island. Mewtwo could beat Giovanni and his people without troubles, but he did not do it. Weird.

Chris
26th October 2004, 12:24 AM
The problem was that the Rockets were holding the Pokémon and the humans hostage. If he didn't cooperate, they would have killed the Pokémon. The only problem I had with this movie is that we see a Gyarados. Why is that a problem? The stupid thing did NOTHING. o_O It had its mouth open through out the entire special and didn't even use Hyper Beam on the prison door or bite through the bars. x_x It might as well have not been there since all it did was sit around with its mouth wide open.

That Scary Clefairy
28th October 2004, 5:43 AM
I like Domino. She is a great TR Member. She didn`t use pokemon to fight but dark Tulips and bombs. She won with Ash and his gang without troubles. Every TR Member should be like Domino. I think, she is the evilest and the best TR Member in anime.

No i think Buson and Bashou are eviler than her and even at a higher rank. Buson actually beat up Marina and her pokemon with his fist. talk about brutally.

Crystal Latios
28th October 2004, 9:17 AM
No i think Buson and Bashou are eviler than her and even at a higher rank. Buson actually beat up Marina and her pokemon with his fist. talk about brutally.

Yes, but they lost with Kenta and Juni`chi. I still don`t know, why so evil and strong Gang like Team Rocket loses with some teenagers. Its weird =/ I don`t think about J&J&M but about others; Bashou and Buson, Butch and Cassidy, that guy from "Pokemon4ever" ......

Domino is eviler for me :p and she didn`t lose with Ash :p

That Scary Clefairy
28th October 2004, 9:15 PM
Domino is eviler for me :p and she didn`t lose with Ash :p
Yea but J,Jand M made a fool out of her with the pail and all. Buson and Bashou didn't suffer a humliating fate. That why imo they are the badasses.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
29th October 2004, 12:58 PM
i wanted to buy the video but i had no money and when me,my bros and my baby sitter went to blockbuster to rent it she wouldnt let us! she only let us get films for her! and now i cant find it in stores anywhere...............

meggirl63
29th October 2004, 1:13 PM
i wanted to buy the video but i had no money and when me,my bros and my baby sitter went to blockbuster to rent it she wouldnt let us! she only let us get films for her! and now i cant find it in stores anywhere...............

that was mean of your babysitter! oh, you can always find the video at
http://www.amazon.com OK? :-)

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th January 2005, 11:40 PM

That never happened. They had her tied up, and Buson grabbed her Misdrevous in his fist to restrain it, but they never beat her up.

Also, I think they're of *lower* rank than Domino. They took orders from Shiranui. Domino not only took her orders directly from Giovanni, but was allowed to talk back to him (which also makes me think that she and the Boss have something else going on, with how casual she is around him, but...)

I think B&B are the same rank as Tyson, myself. But that's for another thread.

Alfonso
11th January 2005, 11:48 PM
That never happened. They had her tied up, and Buson grabbed her Misdrevous in his fist to restrain it, but they never beat her up.

Also, I think they're of *lower* rank than Domino. They took orders from Shiranui. Domino not only took her orders directly from Giovanni, but was allowed to talk back to him (which also makes me think that she and the Boss have something else going on, with how casual she is around him, but...)

I think B&B are the same rank as Tyson, myself. But that's for another thread.

Not hard to be confused, though. We did see Buson walking over to Marina-chan, cracking his knuckles and holding his fist in his hand, like a typical 'I'm gonna kick the crap out of you' person... thing. ^_^o You know what I mean.

Just a thought, but didn't Shiranui/Sebastian say "Are you the two that are in charge?"? I recall, that's what the subtitles said in both of the versions I've seen.

ANYWAY. I agree. About the Domino x Giovanni thing. I don't think they're a *couple* or anything... it's more of a 'You'll do what I tell you to when I tell you to' kinda relationship, you know? (Which reminds me of a fic I wrote for my ESB Project on anime. It was Domino x Giovanni, but had Domino killing Gio in the end for Bisashu. XD)

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th January 2005, 12:04 AM
I think Shiranui's line indicated 'in charge of this mission' more than anything else. And Buson's bit with cracking his knuckles was to indicate what he would do if she acted up, but I doubt she did after that, so they just tied her up. Which is still mean, but you know.

And I want to read your fic now. Send it to me. NOW.

Alfonso
12th January 2005, 12:40 AM
I think Shiranui's line indicated 'in charge of this mission' more than anything else. And Buson's bit with cracking his knuckles was to indicate what he would do if she acted up, but I doubt she did after that, so they just tied her up. Which is still mean, but you know.

And I want to read your fic now. Send it to me. NOW.

Sadly, said fic is lying dead/deleted in my 'Area' of my old school. I may have it printed out in my copy of the presentation, though. I'll try to dig it out... it's not very good though. XD Basically, it's from Domino's Point of View, recalling how she used to be on top, one of the best agents there was. But since Giovanni took an even more avid interest in her, there has been no missions, and people have been s******ing behind her back because she's The Boss' B*tch. Then he calls her into his office for ah... 'debriefing' (Literally!) which is where she shots him. (Perfectly, of course. "I wouldn't want blood on the carpet when Lord Bisashu takes over." was the line, I believe. XD *sucks*) I'd like to write something else, though. (With Sebastian being obsessed with Domino. Cause he really wants to... well, *you* know. Forbidden Fruit, and such. "Come on, Seb. You know our *giggle* love can never come to frution... I mean, whatever would Giovanni think! He'd kill you for sure. *giggles, makes suggestive eyes and walks off*" "Damn... *rubs sweat from brow* her a*s never quits.")

... ^_^o Yeah, I know XD I apologise for anybody that was offended by that post. XD

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th January 2005, 12:43 AM
Sounds like you need to do a rewrite then. I love revolution fics.

And to get this a little more back on topic, how long do you wager Domino was working at the Institute? And what do you think she did there? (and do you think she was ready to put her fist through the wall if she had to giggle and act like an airhead one more time?)

Kamex
12th January 2005, 12:56 AM
And to get this a little more back on topic, how long do you wager Domino was working at the Institute? And what do you think she did there? (and do you think she was ready to put her fist through the wall if she had to giggle and act like an airhead one more time?)
It wasn't that hard to notice that she wasn't who she said she was. Or then again, maybe it was hard...I don't remember...whatever.

Anyway, she seemed like a good villain for the special. She may not have been very useful by the end of the movie, but...well...at least she was pretty hot! XD

Seriously though, she was an interesting character to watch...to watch in the plot, that is. ^_^

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th January 2005, 1:10 AM
I find it very strange that she's defeated by something they went out of their way to show her strengths in--that is, her balance.

Kamex
12th January 2005, 7:16 PM
I find it very strange that she's defeated by something they went out of their way to show her strengths in--that is, her balance.
Can you explain that? I didn't watch my video of Mewtwo Returns for a while, so I forgot parts of it.

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th January 2005, 9:36 PM
She basically gets defeated by losing her balance--despite demonstrating superhuman balance earlier in the movie. Remember when she did that balancing act out the side of the hot air balloon? And we're expected to believe that she slips on a floor?

Kamex
13th January 2005, 2:49 AM
She basically gets defeated by losing her balance--despite demonstrating superhuman balance earlier in the movie. Remember when she did that balancing act out the side of the hot air balloon? And we're expected to believe that she slips on a floor?
Oh, yeah, I kinda remember now. Esspecially about her slipping on the floor. But how does that mean she was defeated by losing her balance? Because she slipped?

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th January 2005, 4:52 AM
Basically yeah. You'd think that superhuman balance could have evened out the slippiness of the wax...

~*Aurora Wish*~
19th January 2005, 5:39 AM
This was so cool. Domino is my most favorite character. Especially when she said that she was known to TR as Agent 009.

EDIT: I didn't like the part where Mewtwo went in the machine.

Juputoru
6th February 2005, 3:07 PM
-It still bugs me that 4Kids tried to pass this off as a movie - it's fairly obvious that it's not. The scene changes were obviously where commercial breaks would have been, there were no opening or ending songs, the style of the credits isn't like the movies, etc. They did a good job other than trying to pretend that this is a movie, though.
-That aside, this special didn't really wow me. The only point it seemed to have was to resolve the fact that Gio still knew about Mewtwo, and to show what happened to the clone Pokemon. Bleh. Having a bus that only comes once a month(I THINK it was a month) seems kind of stupid, even for an out-of-the-way spot. Gyarados might has well been nonexistant for all it did. Domino was cool once she dropped that valley-girl guise. The part where Mewtwo was captured by the robot's energy spehere thing was interesting, but it seemed like the scene was trying to be more dramatic than it was.

I give this special a 6/10.

Murgatroyd
6th February 2005, 9:07 PM
Having a bus that only comes once a month(I THINK it was a month) seems kind of stupid, even for an out-of-the-way spot.
Dub change. In the original, it was once a week.

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th February 2005, 6:18 AM
Even so, that's still a long time.

Kasumi
23rd February 2005, 3:05 PM
It's relly grate movie. Domino is wanderfull. She is real TM;s member. She is really evil and she is cute, so I very like her :> Most I like in this film the scene in which is Domino's "entry"- when she climbing to TR's balloon and she says who she is. The movie's aggregate is wanderfull. It has deep message and it is very phylosofic. Furthermore Mewtwoo is grate. Through a few seconds we can see Mew :) Mew is the most Kawaii!!! :) And this scene when Ash, Misty, Brock Pikachu and Togepi are trinking water. Misty's eyes! Cute! :) This movie is Very Very Very much better than Mewtwo Stricks Back

Bulba the Great!
25th February 2005, 2:45 AM
Does anyone wonder who the seven other members are that are higher ranked than Domino? She's "009", and assuming Giovanni's 001, that leaves seven other agents. True?

And is Domino her Japanese name, too?

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th February 2005, 3:48 AM
Yeah, that's her Japanese name too.

I'm assuming that "009" is a parody of James Bond's "007". 00 is a real designation, and it really does mean "License to Kill".

Houndoom
18th March 2005, 5:20 AM
I really liked this movie for several reasons. The first one is because it is very different from the other ones. The colour and animation are different, and especially the ending. But even though it was different from the rest, I liked it. Another reason was for the storyline, it did continue from the first one and I really think the storyline for Mewtwo is the best storyline that Pokemon has, it is sad, moving and makes you think. I like the scenes in this movie where they talk to each other about the world because I think this movie has a lot of meaning as did the first Pokemon movie. To me this is a sequel to the first Pokemon movie that you have to watch in order to get the whole stroyline.

Omega
9th July 2005, 5:28 AM
I highly enjoyed this. 10/10 :) No flaws, great storyline.

wobbanut
7th September 2005, 8:59 PM
I really enjoy watching this special. The first movie is my favorite movie, and I think this special was an excellent followup. I'm glad that the twerps and Team Rocket were allowed to keep their memories in the end. I especially like the way that it was Meowth's speech that convinced Mewtwo to allow it. :D I also liked how Pikachu and Meowth's clones were spending a lot of time together with themselves and Mewtwo. It makes me remember Meowth's comment from "Bound for Trouble" how they might have been friends under different circumstances. :) It's too bad Jessie and James got a bit of the short shrift with this special, but I'm glad they got some revenge on Domino, and sailed off peacefully at the end. :)

Also, those baby nidoqueens and rhyhorns were so cute! :D

Satoshi
9th March 2006, 5:00 AM
I personally enjoyed this special, considering the fact that the first movie was one of my favorites. The plot was decent - Myuutwo facing off with his long time enemy that was responsible for his creation, Sakaki. It wasn't as great as its predecessor, but it made me stick to my seat nonetheless. IMO, the animation in this TV special was EXCELLENT and really impressed me.

Kabuto
9th March 2006, 5:37 AM
This special was entertaining. Resolving the open ended Mewtwo and Geovanni conflict and restoring the memory erase that I didn't like from the first movie. Sure it didn't have the action or comedy the first movie did. But it did have a great in depth storyline which every good movie needs.

dragonair_king
10th July 2006, 11:27 PM
I have the movie and I give it a 7 out of 10

Pikachu
10th July 2006, 11:38 PM
The movie was very epic and I like some of the parts of the movie. However, the part that confuses me has to do with baby Nidoqueens.

The Power of Pika
12th July 2006, 1:18 AM
The movie was very epic and I like some of the parts of the movie. However, the part that confuses me has to do with baby Nidoqueens.

Yeah the baby Nidoqueens confused me aswell. Though I just shook it off as the animators not researching the information.

I understand if it were Kanto but this was when they were in Johto and Ash had Chikorita already so they were definately in Johto. Meaning Silver and Gold would have been out at that time. Oh well sometimes those things happen. The animators obviously didn't research it.=P

You can't blame them though since sometimes there's no time to research the stuff. An animators life is very busy.

I liked the movie/special. It was alright. It's not my most favourite one though. I think they could have expanded on it. That's my feeling of it anyway.

The Great Butler
25th July 2006, 1:58 AM
I recieved it in the mail today and watched it.

Very good and entertaining, certainly creams Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon and The Legend of Thunder. Only thing that bothered me was the choppy scene changes in place of the commercials.

The Origin of Mewtwo was a very nice introduction to the story, also. That, and I really liked Domino as a villain. She, Attila and Hun should be used a lot more than they have been.

Adzieboy
25th July 2006, 2:04 AM
Is it just me, or are all of the images for this movie broken?

The Great Butler
25th July 2006, 2:46 AM
Is it just me, or are all of the images for this movie broken?

They're all broken. Shame, this movie had some great images (and Domino is cute :D)

dannyphantomhott
28th September 2006, 7:35 PM
I like the special, this is one of the few specials that has Ash in it. I hope they have another special with Ash in for D/P Regin maybe. The animation was great, my favorite part was the drinking water scene, Ash was hilerious, not understanding what's so special about the water.

mewmew202
14th February 2007, 9:23 PM
It was a pretty cool sequal but and I quote from Fairly Oddparents " Don't forget the sequal, though it is not as good as the original it always does better on opening week" Yeah basicaly, the sequal isn't as good but may sell out faster becasue people have heard of it now.

Crystal Clair
16th September 2007, 6:10 AM
Just saw the special
it was pretty good, a little emo but good
I LOVED THE ANIMATION!!!!111 It was sooo clean!
Seriously, was this special digitally animated? Because this early in the series when the show was being animated, they were still doing cel-animation.
Domino is awesome. I have to do some fanfics about her someday. They'll join my Butch and Cassidy fanfics ^_^

Durden
18th February 2008, 12:01 AM
4kids did a really great job with the music. It really fits the Mewtwo theme perfectly.

Manaphyfan12
16th July 2008, 2:20 AM
10/10! It was too funny!

I liked these parts:
Meowth:"We advise all tourists to stay out of this area."
And before that.......
Team Rocket:"Typoons?"
I loved when Domino showed up, and the Team Rocket motto. I'd call it "Playful Meowth" because Meowth is clapping and stuff during the motto.

(s.i.e)
19th July 2008, 1:00 AM
it was a good movie but man, that mewtwo really is an emo, i'll give it a 9/10

*cwm*
8th August 2008, 4:57 AM
call me crazy,
but i loved this sequel!
:D

Blue Snover
9th October 2008, 11:48 AM
I liked this, because it showed that when Mewtwo and his army of clones left, they didn't just disappear down a black hole.

Rex Kamex
15th March 2009, 9:22 PM
Well, I finally got a chance to watch this special. I watched it yesterday, right after watching the first movie, which is what I did right after watching The Origin of Mewtwo.

-Whoever animated this must have been the same ones who did the "OK" theme song. The coloring for the artwork is the same. Cool.

-About the plotline... so Mewtwo went from deciding that the circumstances of one's birth are not important to thinking that it and the other clones were outcasts and should stay isolated on this island?

-I know Grumpy Old Man told an explanation for them, but I can never get over those Baby Nidoqueens...

-All in all, I didn't like it as much as I thought I did, but it was still cool to see. I wonder how I would've felt about it had I watched it while there were still new Johto episodes...

Honestly, I don't like when people just make random notes about an episode, and yet... I did it.

4kids did a really great job with the music. It really fits the Mewtwo theme perfectly.

I don't know if you knew this, but it's the same music as from the first movie dub.

Hibachi
20th July 2009, 12:27 AM
I really enjoyed this sequel. I really had no expectations coming into it, but I thought it was pretty good. I thought Domino was a great character. I am glad that Mewtwo was able to realize some things about its role in life. I loved Meowth's speech at the end that caused Mewtwo not to erase their memories. The baby Nidoqueens kind of confused me at first. Most likely it is because they are from cloned parents, so genetics doesn't apply. Anyway, I wish Mew could have been involved somehow in the plot. Still I think it was a great special.

pokedexfiller
13th September 2009, 8:41 PM
oh man this special was so good. ecspecially since when got comfirmation on what happened ofetr mew and mewtwo left

Lorde
18th January 2010, 7:54 PM
I actually thought this was a movie and not a special :/

It was an interesting special but I had a problem with it. Why continue with Mewtwo's story 3-4 years after it was basically resolved?

Giovanni, Domino, Ash and Co. You'd think it would've been epic but I found it hollow. 2/10

G50
1st March 2011, 2:50 AM
This movie is really cool. I actually even own this movie to watch it all of the time. I like how Mewtwo allowed everyone to keep their bond with Mewtwo at the end, and could actually hear his voice saying "Thank You". Domino was definitely good in her disguise. It was great to see Ash really helping Mewtwo out and saving him. It was cool to see TR's memory erased so that they wouldn't ever disturb Mewtwo and the clones again.

70/100

TehLulzMastur
28th April 2011, 8:10 PM
This isn't going to be a review or anything, but I just want to put a theory out there. We see at the end that Mewtwo is overlooking a ''far away city''. It looks a lot like NYC, with the buildings that are extremely similar to the Chrysler and MetLife buildings. You know what other city is far away and looks like New York? Castelia.

Now, I don't at all think that Mewtwo is going to make a new appearance, but it would be cool if they retconned that city into Castelia City.

Zoruagible
12th July 2011, 9:33 PM
I loved how the exact clones(?) came back.

ChikoritaCheezits
31st July 2011, 5:03 AM
Anyone notice that the clone Meowth had it's japanese voice actor?

AgentPierce
5th August 2011, 7:41 AM
It's not going to happen, but with Team Rocket being serious in BW, a return appearance of Domino would fit the mood perfectly. She and Pierce could connect, both being agents who do badass stuff without any Pokemon.

Littlemyuu
11th October 2011, 11:31 PM
I love this spechial, and Mewtwo is my favorite 1st gen Pokemon,
I remember sawing this a while ago, and i just knew Domino was from TR, the baby Pokemon were cute too!(Baby NidoKing/Queen) really i like Mewtwo in the anime even if he acts all emo..he wanna protect his new place and suceed with Ashs help :3

Kutie Pie
9th January 2012, 11:44 PM
Anyone notice that the clone Meowth had it's japanese voice actor?

That was weird. Makes you wonder if they just forgot or something...

I really like this special. Yeah, sure, Mewtwo is all talk and hardly enough action, but he just wanted to be in peace with his clones, I can't blame him for not wanting to fight. But seriously, Giovanni would have been gone in a heartbeat if Mewtwo wasn't as pacifist as he was in the sequel.

Giovanni: Mewtwo, my old friend, we meet again!

Mewtwo: I knew I forgot someone. Go to hell. *blows apart the helicopter, teleports Team Rocket away, and erases the memories* I am the most powerful Pokémon in the world, and it is awesome. Now kiss my feet!

Ash: *pops in* Wait, I didn't get to fight the Rocket bo--

CREDITS ROLL

But oh well. Still made for a nice sequel, and they did give us Domino. She seriously needs more screentime, I just love her personality. If only they hid that she was a Rocket well enough from the start, the reveal would have been more shocking, and possibly more awesome. Luna and what's-his-name were okay, but they didn't do anything worth mentioning.

I honestly think this was one of 4KIDS' better dubs. If they had looked at this and went, "Hey, that was great. We should do this more often," then maybe they wouldn't have had issues. What could they do with the storyline? It was dark originally, and it still is dark for Pokémon in the dub. Ed Paul did his role as Giovanni very well, it truly showed how much of a bastard the guy is (Rocket Boss, not voice actor). He was willing, and I mean willing to kill Mewtwo just because he refused to cooperate, even though it would cost him another fortune, and he knew that. Still, it did show how much he didn't care for the life of another living being. Heck, in the episode where we see the inside of the gym, all the Pokémon are locked up, just like Mewtwo was locked up. He's just a selfish jerk who is hellbent on taking over the world, and he'd do anything to do so.

With that said, this is why Giovanni is one of my favorite villains, the special helped cement that in, even if it did take me a good few years to discover that. Same with Mewtwo becoming one of my favorite Pokémon characters there is after this.

Speaking of Mewtwo, Dan Green did an awesome job. I swear, anything that man voices is automatically awesome and sexy.

ColyTom
23rd January 2012, 2:01 AM
This is my favourite special. I watched it as a kid and loved and I still love it now!

It can be so thought-provoking!

AquaMilotic
28th January 2012, 6:20 PM
I love it! Mt. Quena was very beautiful, and those Butterfree as well! And there were some funny things, like Misty being afraid of bugs again, and Brock saying "I'll use my trusty frying pan as a drying pan!" The baby Rhyhorn and Nidoqueen were so cute (even though it shouldn't be a Nidoqueen, but a female Nidoran)! The music from the first movie was used, which is a good thing, and it was fitting the events.

However, there's one thing I don't understand. Why is Domino so popular? I don't think she is a bad character, but also not that good...

Until years ago, I didn't like it, because I thought it was a movie and I thought it was way too short. However, since the moment I discovered that this is a special and not a movie, I love it. Just like I love the first movie and the origin of Mewtwo.

10/10, no doubt about it!

Azureth
4th June 2012, 10:31 PM
Near the beginning he saves a bus full of people and while talking to the pokemon near him he makes it clear he just did it as to not draw attention; that he never really cared about the humans lives. But I thought at the end of the first movie Mewtwo learned from Ash' sacrifice that there are good people that love and care for their pokemon? So does it not seem inconsistent for him to say he doesn't care?

AgentPierce
7th June 2012, 4:11 PM
However, there's one thing I don't understand. Why is Domino so popular? I don't think she is a bad character, but also not that good...

Blasphemy!

But seriously, the reason she's popular is that she kicks butt without using any Pokemon. C'mon, you cannot deny how cool that is.

Not to mention she's mysterious. Only Brock's age and yet already a Team Rocket elite, and high in Giovanni's favor. That's very interesting.

Plus, she's hot. There's always that reason. ^_^

Ver-mont
7th June 2012, 4:17 PM

She's a strong, badass female character. That usually results in very popular characters.

pacman000
19th October 2012, 6:36 PM
I didn't like this "movie." It took itself way too seriously. As such, it wasn't much fun to watch. Now there's nothing wrong with a serious movie, but this had too many problems, like Team Rocket locking all the Pokemon in a cell. Excuse me? Could the giant sea serpent Pokemon not break through the 1/2 inch bars? Apparently it couldn't. An explosion near the cell, however, could break through the bars without injuring anyone. If the movie had a lighter tone, such problems could be dismissed as camp, but they don't work in a serious film.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
30th December 2012, 8:30 AM
Ahhh, I liked this. There are a few things that annoyed me though, like Domino. But, it was cool how she was holding on the basket of the balloon while it was falling. I was wondering how could she do that? When Jessie and James were locked up, I facehaired so many times, because Jessie could have used Arbok to dig a hole in the ground so they could have escaped. I did like when Misty and Brock sent out their Pokemon against Giovanni. I wish they could have battled some Grunts at least. I wonder how Giovanni got passed them, did he hit them with the beam or something or just fly right over them? The words of Mewtwo, the Clone Pokemon and the gang were inspiring. I'll try to remember them.

wolfdreamer
19th May 2013, 5:39 PM
This movie/special whatever, is so stupid. There are far too many things going on here. Is it a racism thing, a pollution thing, a freedom thing, a know where you come from thing in other words too many plots not enough movie. Also like in the movies, and TV shows, the characters never use their pokemon correctly. When the gang were jailed, they had a Gyrados and a Charizard, against Iron bars? What!! And when they were trying to free Mewtwo they ran into it, instead of Brock using his Onix or having Pinco explode. So stupid.

Here is a great review that pretty much sums up my opinion on how dumb it is and the review is funnier then the movie itself.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/suede/animenia/39055-animenia-mewtwo-returns