PDA

View Full Version : Legend Of Thunder! (003)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Serebii
23rd October 2004, 12:41 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S3.jpgLegend Of Thunder!

In New Bark Town, 3 Pokémon trainers who left their hometown several years earlier meet up. They become aware that Team Rocket is trying to capture the Legendary Beast, Raikou. They decide that they cannot let that happen. They work together but will they save Raikou from Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/003.shtml)

Discuss

Phantom_Bugsy
23rd October 2004, 8:16 PM
Ooh, I SO wanna see this.....It's got Eusine and Kodou (if that's how you spell it...)

Bashou and Buson are cool-looking,too. O_o; For once, Team Rocket looks interesting to me. XD

Crystal Latios
23rd October 2004, 9:26 PM
I have seen it. Haha! It was really great. I don`t think about Marina and Kenta, I don`t like them so much =/ but I think about Juni`chi and Eusine. Wow, Juni`chi is soooo funny :p I think, he is the funniest character from "Pokemon". Also, Eusine is so brave and hot!

Phantom_Bugsy
23rd October 2004, 9:57 PM
I have seen it. Haha! It was really great. I don`t think about Marina and Kenta, I don`t like them so much =/ but I think about Juni`chi and Eusine. Wow, Juni`chi is soooo funny :p I think, he is the funniest character from "Pokemon". Also, Eusine is so brave and hot!

Amen to that. :D Everyone talks about them so much, but no one ever gives Eusine and Jun'ichi any credit. >> They're like OMGOMGOMGOMG KENTA AND MARINAAAAAA!' And they call Eusine 'they guy with the obsession with Suicune'. >> Not too far off, but they could at least remember his name O____o;

~Malevolence Murkrow~
23rd October 2004, 10:00 PM
Wait,so is this being released in the U.S??

Phantom_Bugsy
23rd October 2004, 11:04 PM
I don't think there are any plans to release it in the US. >> Unless they dub ALL the Specials into a boxed set, and there's minimal chance of THAT happening.

It's too bad though. I want to see more than the clips I've seen, and none of them were of Eusine-sama. >>

*sob* Eusiiiiine! Come back to us, some of us love youuuuu! XD

Crimsonmon
23rd October 2004, 11:39 PM
A group fansubbed eailer this year, so that's probably the only way you'll see it without traveling through time.

The Big Al
24th October 2004, 12:02 AM
Is it just me or does Juni'chi act a lot like Harry from Zoids Century zero. He even looks like him in some shots.

It sucks that 4Kids is so short sighted they don't see we would at least buy it on DVD in droves. Oh well, now that it's fansubbed it's their loss.

Hiroki
24th October 2004, 1:51 AM
But RTLOT should be Dubbed with all of the Specials at the end of the HOENN Saga into a DVD boxed SET (or VHS)

Cosmo
24th October 2004, 3:44 AM

Yes! I agree, Junichi rocks, I agree, he is funny! But, his dub name is horrible. Jackson *vomits* Eusine is pretty awesome too. But I am not much of a K&M fan either.

Factory Head Noland
24th October 2004, 1:01 PM
I like the name Jackson, I've seen the intro for this and it's so cool especially with Typhlosion!

Atomic Jirachii
24th October 2004, 2:35 PM
Not He is called Jun'ichi-Chan the others Are Kenta-chan and Marina-Chan
It is probably the Best Special Ever

Chris
24th October 2004, 4:54 PM
Kenta-chan? >_> Jun'ichi only places the formal chan behind Marina's name. Chan is usually used for either girls or small children.

But yes, this has to be THE best special of all of the ones ever made. It was an hour long and had NOTHING to do with any of the main characters we see in the TV series. Typhlosion made its debut in this one and it didn't disappoint. My only main problem was that we never saw the rest of Kenta's and Marina's team. We see Jun'ichi's later on, but not the majority of the ones he use in a previous match. I would have like to see what else Kenta had besides Typhlosion and Beedrill.

Evil Azurill
24th October 2004, 11:45 PM
Shiranui-Hakase!!!!!! *dances* Even though he's only in it for a few minutes at the beginning, there he is!! ^_____^ Bashou and Buson make up for his absence in the rest of the special. This is chock full of super Team Rocket-ness!!

I don't see why it was never dubbed. It has *all* the coolest characters in it *especially professor Sebastian :p*, and a very awesome plot. Unfortunately, I've only seen lots of pics and read synopsises of this special, but one of my life goals is to see it. Or get my hands on a copy, which would be even better :D

Hopefully it will be dubbed and released with all of the other Hoso specials at the end of Advance. *crosses fingers* I want to see all these episodes!!

Cosmo
25th October 2004, 1:19 AM
I like the name Jackson, I've seen the intro for this and it's so cool especially with Typhlosion!

I think Jackson is a good name, but I still don't think it fits Juni. Yoshi and Deni are so much worse for K&M.

I wish they would've dubbed this. Seeing Ash and co. way too much is boring.

Chris
25th October 2004, 1:31 AM
Highly doubt this episode will be dubbed. We're far from the point where the special aired original and 4Kids refuses to dub any specials that don't have Satoshi in them. :\

Freedom
25th October 2004, 1:30 PM
I wished they'd dub this special episode. Everyone wants to see it even though Johto is over. All of the characters in this special are interesting and I'd really like to hear what they sound like in the dub. From all the clips that I've seen of this special, it looks really good.

Alfonso
28th October 2004, 5:54 PM
Amen to that. :D Everyone talks about them so much, but no one ever gives Eusine and Jun'ichi any credit. >> They're like OMGOMGOMGOMG KENTA AND MARINAAAAAA!' And they call Eusine 'they guy with the obsession with Suicune'. >> Not too far off, but they could at least remember his name O____o;

*glomps both Casey and Phantom Bugsy*

Anybody with a kind word for *my* Jun'ichi deserves a glomp. I agree about the whole Kenta and Marina-chan thing, too. 'Course, I don't mean that in a shippy sense. I mean how everybody seems to love them and ignore the other characters, like Jun'ichi, Sebastian, and that blue haired guy that NOBODY seems to mention, ever. He was with Eusine. Personally, I would have thought that at least *one* person would have had him paired up with him. XD

Although, Marina-chan can grab as much attention as she wants as long as she is cuddling Jun'ichi while doing so. :D

Phantom_Bugsy
28th October 2004, 5:57 PM
Oh, you mean Kudou? :D Kudou's adorable, but I haven't seen any clips of him. O_o; He'd be great 'shipped with Eusine, but......this isn't the topic for that......XD!

Jun'ichi and his antics are just so cute. You can't help but love him. :3

Alfonso
28th October 2004, 6:03 PM
Oh, you mean Kudou? :D Kudou's adorable, but I haven't seen any clips of him. O_o; He'd be great 'shipped with Eusine, but......this isn't the topic for that......XD!

Jun'ichi and his antics are just so cute. You can't help but love him. :3

Yeah, that's him. The subtitled one I saw a while back had him as 'Ken'. Which is like... no. He's in the Intro, I think, along with Eusine. Makes you wonder why they were hanging around with eachother... :p (Of course, they *could* just have been talking about Suicune, or something. Or Eusine's recent breakup with Morty/Falkner/Jirarudan/Bugsy/Will/Every Good Looking Pokemon Guy Ever. :D)

I *so* want a Jun'ichi Hoso. Even if it *didn't* have Backshippy stuff. I'd even settle for a cameo, or something. (I think it would be great if Ash was watching TV and to be watching a 'Champion Takes On All Challengers' Match between Lance and Jun'ichi.) :3

Phantom_Bugsy
28th October 2004, 6:19 PM
Yeah, that's him. The subtitled one I saw a while back had him as 'Ken'. Which is like... no. He's in the Intro, I think, along with Eusine. Makes you wonder why they were hanging around with eachother... :p (Of course, they *could* just have been talking about Suicune, or something. Or Eusine's recent breakup with Morty/Falkner/Jirarudan/Bugsy/Will/Every Good Looking Pokemon Guy Ever. :D)

I *so* want a Jun'ichi Hoso. Even if it *didn't* have Backshippy stuff. I'd even settle for a cameo, or something. (I think it would be great if Ash was watching TV and to be watching a 'Champion Takes On All Challengers' Match between Lance and Jun'ichi.) :3

XD! Eusine's such a ****. But in the good way. >3 I still think Will and Eusine are brothers, but that's just my creepy logic coming into play. O_o

Ken? Ewww. I never really liked that name anywhere except Weiss Kreuz.

Jun'ichi DOES deserve his own Hoso, yes. Maybe with Hazuki in there too.... >3 THEN MY PAIR CAN BE JUSTIFIED. I mean.......because Hazuki needs a story too. XD!

Cosmo
29th October 2004, 1:57 AM
Wow, so many Junichi fans here. Maybe we should form a fanclub. I agree, he should have a hoso with Hazuki.

As for Kenta and Marina, we heard enough about them already.

Swiftrat
29th October 2004, 12:48 PM
I'm confused, why exactly was this special episode not shown outside Japan? I got two people telling me two different things:

1. WB Kids didnt want to dub it because it didnt have Ash in it?

2. It was a Nintendo of Japan-exclusive Event episode?

Can anyone fill me in? =^^'=

Cosmo
29th October 2004, 3:08 PM
I'll add another reason to that

3) 4kids are stupid and don't want to dub any of the specials.

Crystal Latios
29th October 2004, 5:19 PM
*glomps both Casey and Phantom Bugsy*

*Casey tackles Phantom Bugsy* :p Shoo shoo XD *Bugsy runs away*
*Casey hugs Alfonso*

4kids are stupid and don't want to dub any of the specials.

Yes, its weird. I think, they should do that. "Mewtwo Returns" has dub version, so why Raikou thing doesn`t? Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

Wow, so many Junichi fans here. Maybe we should form a fanclub. I agree, he should have a hoso with Hazuki.

As for Kenta and Marina, we heard enough about them already.

Yes, I agree with you ^_^ Juni`chi is adorable *she hugs Juni`chi* I love episodes with him and I`m glad, he is in "Raikou Special". Well, I heard, that people would like to see there Kamon/Silver, but I don`t agree. Kenta, Marina and Silver are boring hero kids. I preffer cute Juni`chi than a next hero dude.

Alfonso
29th October 2004, 5:27 PM
*Casey tackles Phantom Bugsy* :p Shoo shoo XD *Bugsy runs away*
*Casey hugs Alfonso*

Yes, its weird. I think, they should do that. "Mewtwo Returns" has dub version, so why Raikou thing doesn`t? Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree with you ^_^ Juni`chi is adorable *she hugs Juni`chi* I love episodes with him and I`m glad, he is in "Raikou Special". Well, I heard, that people would like to see there Kamon/Silver, but I don`t agree. Kenta, Marina and Silver are boring hero kids. I preffer cute Juni`chi than a next hero dude.

Seriously now, what will people think with all this open Gang Glomping? :p

They didn't dub it because Ash and Pikachu wern't in it. Which sucks, because all of the characters are cooler than the ones in the normal series. Well, May, Max and TR *do* improve things somewhat, but still. The Raikou Special characters were different.

'Course, everybody knows I hate 4Kids Morals, so this made my hatred even worse. -_-

Poor Kamon never gets any love, does he? Damned scriptwriters...

Cosmo
30th October 2004, 1:04 AM

Yeah, me too. I wish they would show more hosos/epis with him. Main reason is that he has my favorite pokemon Meganium. I remember naming my Meganium after him. They should've shown Kamon more though.

The Trainer
30th October 2004, 1:18 AM
Silver's non manga name(they really should give better names than colors), is Kamon. I never knew that. I think they should make more specials like this one. The current anime is predictable(too predictable).

Murgatroyd
30th October 2004, 1:23 AM
Where'd that name come from, anyway? I've seen it all over, but I'm quite certain the rival was never given an official name in either the game or the anime.

MidnightScott
30th October 2004, 1:26 AM
Well the game names are for the people and Junichi has a dub name.

Kenta: Taylor
Marina: Kris
Junichi: Jackson <--- That's from the Show

Ash battled Jackson

-Scott-

RaikouRider243
30th October 2004, 1:27 AM
This doesn't make any sense to me. A movie starring Entei and another one
co-starring Suicune were released here. Everyone who knows about this special can say it's probably the best special of all. There are a few "valid" reasons why 4Kids wouldn't dub and translate this episode, and here are my responses to them.

Q1) Johto's long gone. No one would want to buy this.
A1) The fans have spoken. This episode has been "illegally" fan-translated into English, and over 96% of all those who saw it loved it.

Q2) It won't work because it doesn't feature Ash or Pikachu.
A2) Haven't you figured it out yet?! A break from the norm of Ash and Pikachu saving the day is exactly what the fans want. Tried-and-true isn't always the best way to go.

Q3) Raikou's already made an animé appearance.
A3) <bias>You call a Raikou-shaped shadow seen jumping toward the horizon for a couple of seconds an animé appearance?!</bias> With one other exception, every Legendary Pokémon has made a major animé appearance, and all but four have even starred or co-starred in their own movie!!!

Q4) Some of the characters are too hostile for younger children.
A4) "Too hostile for younger children" my ***. How hard can it be to edit the minor "hostilities" out?! Gimme a break!!!

I could go on forever about the lame excuses as to why this episode has not made it to the US, but I will stop here.

The Trainer
30th October 2004, 1:42 AM

Ash battled Jackson

-Scott-

I always thought that Kenta was Yoshi and Marina was Dani(says so in there bios), but I hardly know anything in this field, so I'm probably wrong. Oh, and in G/S version, you could name yourself Kamon (Something about the rival's name being Silver in the manga tells me that there were probably two different sets of names; one for Gold version, the other in Silver version; I have Silver version)

Evil Azurill
30th October 2004, 3:03 AM
You know...now that everyone's already talking about him, I'd also like to see Junichi in a Hoso. Or maybe even come back in a regular anime ep. Though I have to say...the name 'Jackson' never has and still doesn't do anything for me...-_-

He's so overshadowed by Kenta and Marina TT_TT And of the three, in my opinion, he's the best. Probably one of my fav non-Rocket characters.

Fav. Raikou Special characters:

1. Shiranui-Hakase!! (yay! *glomp*)
2. Buson (gotta love the shades)
3. Bashou (...I have pants like that...O_O)
4. Junichi
5. Eusine
6. Kamon
7. the rest...

I want to see this soooo bad!! ;.;

Cosmo
30th October 2004, 5:45 AM

Ash battled Jackson

-Scott-

I believe Kenta was Yoshi and Marina was Dani in the dub. Man, the three got the worst dub names in history of Pokemon, no offence.

Crystal Latios
30th October 2004, 9:06 AM
Their english names are:

Kenta- Yoshi
Marina- Dani
Juni`chi- Jackson

Bleeeeeeeh *Casey has sickness* I agree, the worst names. I don`t know, why they had to give them dub names. I think, their original names are the best. Also, "Yoshi" is a japanese name too.
Only Minaki has a nice name- Eusine :)

The Big Al
31st October 2004, 1:36 AM
I don't like 4Kids names either.

Like I said before, 4Kids are robbing themselves of a goldmine with this one.

Kanto Trio
2nd November 2004, 1:22 AM
I have seen this special before, and it was pretty good. Here were the stuffs I liked and disliked.

-the part about the Black Hole Mode was neat
-Kenta making fun of Steelix and making it mad was funny
-Jackson complaining about Maina being captured and blaming it on Kenta hich was funny
-Steelix falling off to the stream
-the main heroes for the show, Ash, Misty, and Brock, weren't in a Pokemon stroy for once (even though I do like them)

Dislike
-Raikou getting caught by the electric forcefield caused by the crystal which got repetitive
-could of been more interesting

Overall it was good. I would give it a 9/10 since Raikou getting caught by the crystal force field got reptitive even the the Dark Hole Mode was pretty nice. Plus, having Ash, Misty, and Brock not being in a Pokemon story for once was pretty nice though sometimes I wish they were in it.

Chris
2nd November 2004, 9:30 AM
Q1) Johto's long gone. No one would want to buy this.
A1) The fans have spoken. This episode has been "illegally" fan-translated into English, and over 96% of all those who saw it loved it.
When it comes to 4Kids, the fans' opinions don't matter and there's nothing you can do about it. 4Kids thinks they know what their fans want without listening to a word they say.

Q2) It won't work because it doesn't feature Ash or Pikachu.
A2) Haven't you figured it out yet?! A break from the norm of Ash and Pikachu saving the day is exactly what the fans want. Tried-and-true isn't always the best way to go.
No, it won't work because Satoshi isn't in it. 4Kids isn't dubbing any specials before Houso because they're old and Satoshi isn't in them (with the exception of Mewtwo Returns which did have Satoshi in it). Houso specials aren't going to air since it's a completely different series and 4Kids would have to buy those.

Q4) Some of the characters are too hostile for younger children.
A4) "Too hostile for younger children" my ***. How hard can it be to edit the minor "hostilities" out?! Gimme a break!!!
Editing it would just kill the moment and would ruin the idea that these two Rocket Gang members are not kidding around and are serious when it comes to rare Pokémon.

I could go on forever about the lame excuses as to why this episode has not made it to the US, but I will stop here.
The reasons be are that Satoshi isn't in them, and 4Kids isn't going to purchase specials that are around 2 to 3 years old, possibly older.

Ororo Munroe
6th November 2004, 6:55 PM
I like Marina's dub name. ;P Anyways, I just watched this episode and it was great! I haven't looked at too many of the pics from it before or the synopsis so I didn't know what was going to happen. It was an awesome episode and the first one I watched subbed (and in Japanese as well). Eusine's Japanese voice is cool. It was funny when they said damn, hell, and b.astard because I didn't expect it because they'd never be allowed in dub versions.

Edit:

Is it just me or does Juni'chi act a lot like Harry from Zoids Century zero.
Harry's the guy with those two robots and likes that girl main character, right? Yeah, their girl obsessions do seem the same. (I haven't seen Zoids in about two years so I don't remember their names that well.)

Heracross
9th November 2004, 4:22 AM
I just saw this recently and I thought it was very good. Despite 4Kids opinions on the matter, having the story center on other trainers besides Ash & co was a very welcome change. Variety is a good thing 4Kids, why can't you understand that? Anyways, this had a good overal plot, and the two Team Rocket members were really serious, which was a change because we usually don't see the serious agents in the show. I liked all the characters, they all had good personalities. Now I can finally see why so many people like Junichi so much, he was great. I loved the part when Eusine was talking to Kenta and they were all serious and suddenly Junichi just starts wiggling across in the background wailing "Marina-chaaan! Marina-chaaan!" I laughed out loud.XD It's so unfortunate this wasn't released outside Japan because I think most people missed out on seeing an excellent special. Oh well, not much to do about it, I'm just glad to have been able to see it myself because it was really great.^_^

Shigeru-kun
6th December 2004, 7:01 AM
Amazing I never actually posted in this thread before. ^^; *lol* Anyways, I personally enjoyed the Raikou special a lot. In fact, I honestly think it's story was better than some of the stories used in the Pokemon movies. XD

It's so sad they never used the characters again aside from Jun'ichi--not that, that's a bad thing! ^^ I really enjoyed Jun'ichi. The way he reacted when Kenta and Minaki were trying to have a serious talk about Marina actually made me laugh out loud! I almost never laugh at stuff on Pokemon, but that's because it's usually not that funny, but Jun'ichi really made me smile. His character was by far the best one on the show XD I so wish he would have replaced Takeshi. Ya know, like Takeshi going to his gym and Jun'ichi traveling with Satoshi in Houen? That'd rock!

My second favorite character in the special would have to be Silver (Kamon to most). I know he had no real character or anything, but in my eyes he's one of the most handsome characters. XD I just loved his attitude in the games and the way he's drawn in many of the mangas--I just wanna tie him up and hide him in my room X3 *smothers Silver with love* I also liked Minaki (Eusine). His voice was very sexy in the Japanese version. XD

~Kenta&Rikku~
7th December 2004, 1:29 AM
I'm confused, why exactly was this special episode not shown outside Japan? I got two people telling me two different things:

1. WB Kids didnt want to dub it because it didnt have Ash in it?

2. It was a Nintendo of Japan-exclusive Event episode?

Can anyone fill me in? =^^'=

I will tell you something..it is coming to U.S! the U.S name is called raikou trust of a legend! The charater names have changed too.

The names are..well,kenta's name is now Evan..Marina is Rebecca

And Juni'chi is still Jackson becuse he appered in a anime Ep.

Shigeru-kun
7th December 2004, 4:40 AM
What the...Kenta/Yoshi, where on Earth did you hear this? oO;;;

As far as we know, the Raikou special has yet to be dubbed. In fact, there's a very slim chance it will be dubbed. Adding onto that however, where did you get those names? The dub names we have for Kenta and Marina are Dani and Yoshi (one which your using in your name!) so it can't be Rebecca and Evan...o.o;;;;

Murgatroyd
7th December 2004, 6:29 AM
I would also be most interested to hear your source for this unlikely claim.

Chris
7th December 2004, 7:50 AM
Two words come to mind on that claim. Bull Plop.

~Kenta&Rikku~
7th December 2004, 11:33 AM
What the...Kenta/Yoshi, where on Earth did you hear this? oO;;;

As far as we know, the Raikou special has yet to be dubbed. In fact, there's a very slim chance it will be dubbed. Adding onto that however, where did you get those names? The dub names we have for Kenta and Marina are Dani and Yoshi (one which your using in your name!) so it can't be Rebecca and Evan...o.o;;;;

This is true this is the website for proof:

www.teamrocket-video.com:26005/4fansent/raikou_toal/raikou.htm

make sure you type in all of it.

Serebii
7th December 2004, 11:46 AM
This is true this is the website for proof:

www.teamrocket-video.com:26005/4fansent/raikou_toal/raikou.htm

make sure you type in all of it.
Ah its an unofficial fan-dub...that doesnt count ;)

~Kenta&Rikku~
7th December 2004, 12:05 PM
Ah its an unofficial fan-dub...that doesnt count ;)

oh,thanks for telling me i thought it was a bit weird..

Chris
7th December 2004, 12:41 PM
How the hell could you fall for that? x_x It clearly says "4Get 4Kids." It's so painfully obvious that it's done by fans. :\ 4Kids never makes these kind of sites.

Edit: And after downloading a clip, I'm starting to like 4Kids' dubbings even more. That has to be one of the crappiest fandub jobs I've ever heard. x_X Kenta sounded too old. Joy was too low to hear. Marina sounded too fake. And Jun'ichi sounded way older than he should be. What was up with Typhlosion's voice, too? >_o And none of the voices sounded like they had ANY emotion. Although kudos to them for using Legend of Zelda music for the background.

~Kenta&Rikku~
7th December 2004, 10:44 PM
How the hell could you fall for that? x_x It clearly says "4Get 4Kids." It's so painfully obvious that it's done by fans. :\ 4Kids never makes these kind of sites.

Edit: And after downloading a clip, I'm starting to like 4Kids' dubbings even more. That has to be one of the crappiest fandub jobs I've ever heard. x_X Kenta sounded too old. Joy was too low to hear. Marina sounded too fake. And Jun'ichi sounded way older than he should be. What was up with Typhlosion's voice, too? >_o And none of the voices sounded like they had ANY emotion. Although kudos to them for using Legend of Zelda music for the background.

yeah,sorry i did think it was weird though. kenta is my favorite
charater and it was a really weird voice..*sigh*i guess i will have
to stick with the pictures and the fake clip..

~Kenta&Rikku~
11th December 2004, 11:30 PM

you have seen the intro?! you are a very lucky person.im a fan
of yoshi i know most pepole hate him,but i think he is cool.

Chris
11th December 2004, 11:39 PM
Head over to the Spoilers section and check the Japanese Pocket Monsters Voices thread. You'll find a link I've provided there to see the Pocket Monsters Crystal opening and endings (the Raikou special).

nicoleb
14th December 2004, 11:23 AM
OH! Finally! Someone who is like me! I don't like Dani or Yoshi much, either! Yoshi sticks his his thumb up way too much, Dani sticks her pointer finger up way too much (and she overly favours Muu-chan, the Misdreavus...) Jackson is okay, but I don't like him for taking Kamon (the rival from GSC)'s spot! Kamon should have been in it!!!!!!! I like Eusine, though!!!!!

Cosmo
18th December 2004, 6:39 PM
Yeah, Kamon would have been nice. But he probably wouldn't be funny like Junichi. He should've been the "Gary" of the special. I don't like Kenta as well.

nicoleb
23rd December 2004, 4:18 AM
Yeah, Kamon would have been nice. But he probably wouldn't be funny like Junichi. He should've been the "Gary" of the special. I don't like Kenta as well.
Ya' think? Hmmm... Nuh, I don't think Kamon would be too much like Gary... I think he'd be more like;

Cold and ruthless to all around him

Unkind to his PKMN

Unkind to Kenta (but not like Gary is to Ash. More of the... Ignoring and; "god... You're so pathetic, -Kenta's last name-...") He probably would call Kenta by his last name, too...

Really, really hating Team Rocket, plus saying; "I'll take care of these goons, -Kenta's last name-, you'd better get back home before you start worrying..."

And if both he and Jun'ichi were in it; he'd probably make his life helll, too... I have the feeling that he'd leave Marina be, though...

I also think that he'd want to try and catch Raikou by stelf...

One more thing. ^_^ He'd probably hide from the Oficer Jenny in the movie! 0_0

I don't know how he'd treat Manaki... I do know that he probably wouldn't like Marina talking about Wataru-sama all the time, though. Because he hates him in the game, and he probably would in the show, too. (Even if he hasn't met him, he might just hate him for being a goody-goody, and for having a reputasion for caring about love and trust for his PKMN...)

Also, his Nidoking and Kenta's Typhlosion might have varies confrentations...

Yep, that's what I think. Uh-hu... *Nods Head*

However, he might be like Gary. After all, Kenta is like Ash, Marina is like Misty, Jun'ichi is like Brock, Manaki is like no one, so Kamon might be like Gary! ^O^

~Kenta&Rikku~
9th January 2005, 2:56 AM
Ya' think? Hmmm... Nuh, I don't think Kamon would be too much like Gary... I think he'd be more like;

Cold and ruthless to all around him

Unkind to his PKMN

Unkind to Kenta (but not like Gary is to Ash. More of the... Ignoring and; "god... You're so pathetic, -Kenta's last name-...") He probably would call Kenta by his last name, too...

Really, really hating Team Rocket, plus saying; "I'll take care of these goons, -Kenta's last name-, you'd better get back home before you start worrying..."

And if both he and Jun'ichi were in it; he'd probably make his life helll, too... I have the feeling that he'd leave Marina be, though...

I also think that he'd want to try and catch Raikou by stelf...

One more thing. ^_^ He'd probably hide from the Oficer Jenny in the movie! 0_0

I don't know how he'd treat Manaki... I do know that he probably wouldn't like Marina talking about Wataru-sama all the time, though. Because he hates him in the game, and he probably would in the show, too. (Even if he hasn't met him, he might just hate him for being a goody-goody, and for having a reputasion for caring about love and trust for his PKMN...)

Also, his Nidoking and Kenta's Typhlosion might have varies confrentations...

Yep, that's what I think. Uh-hu... *Nods Head*

However, he might be like Gary. After all, Kenta is like Ash, Marina is like Misty, Jun'ichi is like Brock, Manaki is like no one, so Kamon might be like Gary! ^O^

Eh?why would marina be like misty? marina is not crazy over water pokemon
like misty is. marina dose have blue hair though..but the hair has got nothing to do with the personality...or dose is?!

nicoleb
9th January 2005, 3:18 AM
Eh?why would marina be like misty? marina is not crazy over water pokemon
like misty is. marina dose have blue hair though..but the hair has got nothing to do with the personality...or dose is?!
Lol... Marina and Misty both yell a lot

They both like the main chararter romantically (Marina likes Kenta, Misty likes Ash)

They both love themselves

And I don't like either of them. Sorry, I don't...

Kamon and Eusine were the only chararters I liked in the special. Even the Pokemon were iritating... And Kamon wasn't even in it that much (stupid Pokemon company, many would rather see Kamon than some random person!)...

~Kenta&Rikku~
10th January 2005, 6:09 AM
Heh heh your right!(me no like marina or misty either. KENTA IS COOL!!)
one more thing..i wonder what would happen if kenta and ash meet,marina and misty meet and junichi an brock meet! hmm..

Kayoss
10th January 2005, 10:28 PM
I think Ash and co. already met Junichi in the epi where he battled him in the Johto league.

Chris
10th January 2005, 11:49 PM
Kamon and Eusine were the only chararters I liked in the special. Even the Pokemon were iritating... And Kamon wasn't even in it that much (stupid Pokemon company, many would rather see Kamon than some random person!)...
Not really. Jun'ichi was a better character to use. Kamon's type of character is commonly seen in most anime. :\

Alfonso
10th January 2005, 11:59 PM
one more thing..i wonder what would happen if kenta and ash meet,marina and misty meet and junichi an brock meet! hmm..

Personally, I think that Ash and Kenta would explode from being far too close to eachother, and Jun'ichi would kill Brock for daring to hit on his precious Marina-chan. :P

As for Misty and Marina... well, not much, really. I'm sure the pathetic, hentai obsessed 12 Year Olds will think up something for them to do.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th January 2005, 12:15 AM
I notice everyone's bemoaning the lack of a dub, but there's another question I think looms even greater--

Why is this so hard to get *IN JAPAN*?! It was only released on VHS rental--no DVD, no home release. The only way to own a copy is to buy one used from a video store.

Also, Jackson? Reminds me *so* much of JP from Digimon Frontier.

Oh yes, and since this wasn't brought up before, I know I'm not the only person who think Bashou and Buson are an item.

You know, by how everyone talked about this special, I seriously thought Shiranui would do more, but he just gave the mission assignment. I thought he'd be in it more.

And I also thought Jackson would do more too, but Eusine did tons more than him. (btw--I thought Eusine was relatively OOC in this compared to how he is in the games and in For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll. He mentions Suicune *once* and elsewhere he seems like he's on the verge of starting a holy war for the thing)

Alfonso
11th January 2005, 12:20 AM
I notice everyone's bemoaning the lack of a dub, but there's another question I think looms even greater--

Why is this so hard to get *IN JAPAN*?! It was only released on VHS rental--no DVD, no home release. The only way to own a copy is to buy one used from a video store.

Also, Jackson? Reminds me *so* much of JP from Digimon Frontier.

Oh yes, and since this wasn't brought up before, I know I'm not the only person who think Bashou and Buson are an item.

You know, by how everyone talked about this special, I seriously thought Shiranui would do more, but he just gave the mission assignment. I thought he'd be in it more.

And I also thought Jackson would do more too, but Eusine did tons more than him. (btw--I thought Eusine was relatively OOC in this compared to how he is in the games and in For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll. He mentions Suicune *once* and elsewhere he seems like he's on the verge of starting a holy war for the thing)

No, you're not. About Buson and Bashou, I mean. I think that the animation thing you made a while back perfectly sums it up. ("I'm Bashou. And this is my b*tch, Buson." "That's PARTNER." "Shut up.".) I mean, seriously. Buson is a pretty strong and powerful looking guy, yet he obeys EVERY SINGLE ORDER Bashou barks at him. "Buson, capture Raikou!" "Buson, stop messing around!" "Buson, get me some cheese!" XD

As for Eusine... well, I made a note about that in the Anime Quotes Thread. I haven't seen 'For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll' (I have Master Quest Boxset coming soon though... expect pictures of the lovely couple!) but I know that from what I've heard, he was nothing like the Eusine I saw in the Raikou Special.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th January 2005, 12:52 AM
In that ep, Eusine basically was ready to start a holy war on Ash because Ash pointed to a picture of Suicune and said "I met Suicune!"

Eusine basically ranted about how Ash wasn't worthy, and must be lying, and challenged him for "defaming Suicune".

Not quite the behavior we saw from him in the special, where he only mentions the thing *once* and only in reference to the other dogs...

~Kenta&Rikku~
11th January 2005, 12:56 AM
Personally, I think that Ash and Kenta would explode from being far too close to eachother, and Jun'ichi would kill Brock for daring to hit on his precious Marina-chan. :P

As for Misty and Marina... well, not much, really. I'm sure the pathetic, hentai obsessed 12 Year Olds will think up something for them to do.

Explode as in how? in anger or seriosly explode O_O ?
Me just heard the theme song to raikou special "aratanaru chikai" it was called "renewed oath" in english.I seen lyrics in English(anime lyrics.com)

Alfonso
11th January 2005, 1:04 AM
Explode as in how? in anger or seriosly explode O_O ?
Me just heard the theme song to raikou special "aratanaru chikai" it was called "renewed oath" in english.I seen lyrics in English(anime lyrics.com)

Actually explode. Because Kenta= Ash.3, in my opinion. (Ritchie being Ash.2, of course.)

Oh, I remember hearing out Eusine's behavoior. In regards to his treatment of Ash, anyway. I personally *agree* with Eusine... I mean, how come somebody that is practically in *love* with the thing, (While juggling his relationship with Morty, and having the odd fling with Wallace, obviously.) doesn't get to see it, while some *kid* not only gets to see said Pokemon, but Ho-Oh too! (Same with Morty. Nobody can blame him for not believing Ash's little story. :P)

Chris
11th January 2005, 1:31 AM
Why is it any suprise Minaki was OoC? o_O There wasn't any need for him to be obsessing over Suikun in this special when there was another Legendary who was in trouble. There's plenty of time for him to obsess over Suikun later. For the time being, Raikou and all other Electric Pokémon were in danger. You could tell he has a love for all Pokémon, despite his obsession with Suikun, just by how angry he became with Bashou and Buson.

Speaking of the two, I think it's because one is the leader of the two. :P Sakaki is the one who decides who gets partnered up and I'm sure he chooses on the leader of the two. Bashou had a much cooler head than Buson did, so it'd make sense for him to be the leader of the pair.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th January 2005, 1:53 AM
Doesn't Viper pair people up? He was the head of training, I thought.

~Kenta&Rikku~
12th January 2005, 6:20 AM
Doesn't Viper pair people up? He was the head of training, I thought.

Viper?what are we talking about? me confused..(kenta cool,
kenta cool,kenta cool! :P)

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th January 2005, 6:38 AM
Viper--Mohawk Man from Origin of Love and Truth

~Kenta&Rikku~
12th January 2005, 6:49 AM
Ohhh ok.so pairing up?is this geting of the subject?
(me sorry im asking to much questsions..)

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th January 2005, 6:50 AM
I'm just thinking that he's the one to assign partners. See the above points about Bashou and Buson.

~Kenta&Rikku~
12th January 2005, 10:29 AM
Oh i get it now(it took a bit.sometimes my brain goes
slower than other days..)

nicoleb
13th January 2005, 1:12 AM
Kenta/Yoshi, you have good instinks, you should listen to them! Anyone who doesn't like Marina or Misty is wize behond their years...

Anyways, Kamon should have been in it instead of Jun'ichi. Or both, makes no differance. The point is, people wanted to see a game-based movie. And since Kenta and Marina were in it, Kamon should have been, too.

About meeting some of them. I think that Ash, Brock, May and Max should meet Marina (Dani, actually) sometime in their Hoenn travels. They should also meet Kamon and Wally some time, too. But I don't think Ash should meet any of the male protegimists (Kenta (Yoshi), Brendan, Wes etc.) until the very end. It would be a really intresting showdown if they all met...

Ash: U-huh-huh! I'm in the world championship! (like you'll ever get there, Ash!)

Misty: Ash is sure excited...

Brock: Sure is.

Max: Why shouldn't he be?! How many trainers get into the world championships?!

May: Not many.

Misty, Brock, May & Max: *all smile*

Ash: Oh, right! Let's get in there and win!

Pikachu: Pi-Pikachu!

Tittle: Do-do-do-dodo: "Final showdown, part one!" dododdo-do-do-do

I have the feeling that their personelities would be like:

Kenta (Yoshi): we all ready know

Brendan: Kind of like Ash

Wes: Cold and agragent (Manaki?)

~Kenta&Rikku~
13th January 2005, 2:40 AM
Yeah your right.Ever wondered what pkmn kenta has other than
typhlosion an beedrill?This is what i think:

typhlosion
beedrill
aipom(from pkmn special)
fearow
sandslash
venomoth

yup.thats what i think.
also,i heard from some type of fanfic(this means it is not true.
i forot wich fanfic and website..)that kenta's last name is
toboushi.weird huh?

nicoleb
13th January 2005, 8:57 AM
Yeah your right.Ever wondered what pkmn kenta has other than
typhlosion an beedrill?This is what i think:

typhlosion
beedrill
aipom(from pkmn special)
fearow
sandslash
venomoth

yup.thats what i think.
also,i heard from some type of fanfic(this means it is not true.
i forot wich fanfic and website..)that kenta's last name is
toboushi.weird huh?
Yeah. I read a fic that his last name was "backstab"...

carnahan
13th January 2005, 2:03 PM
There can I download this movie ??

Murgatroyd
13th January 2005, 8:29 PM
Don't ask. Discussion of episode downloads is not permitted at Serebii.net.

~Kenta&Rikku~
19th January 2005, 3:35 AM
Yeah. I read a fic that his last name was "backstab"...

Backstab?that is very weird.
i wonder why those fan fic
pepole think of them weird
names..beats me.still i dont
know why they thought of
backstab.

nicoleb
12th February 2005, 2:57 AM
I got some fall scans from the french Raikou website:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v233/wataruisreallyhot/?action=view&current=Heros3.bmp

http://photobucket.com/albums/v233/wataruisreallyhot/?action=view&current=Heros2.bmp

http://photobucket.com/albums/v233/wataruisreallyhot/?action=view&current=Heros1.bmp

I thought the fall scans looked pretty cool. ^^

~Kenta&Rikku~
23rd February 2005, 9:29 AM
Does enybody know what some quotes are from Raikou legend of thunder?

Kenta99
6th April 2005, 12:21 AM
Ah.....the famed Raikou Special.
And just when I saw what Serebii posted about it coming to DVD with the other Pokemon Chronicles(not 100% accurate yet)

As you can tell, Im a huge fan of Kenta and Marina. This special made me like the G/S/C games the most. I also got the G/S Pokespecial Manga because of it.

To note
It would have been cool to have Silver in there. But Junichi is a funny character, dont get me wrong. Course, being a top Questshipper, I dont even worry about Backshipping taking over. Its one sided and I dont care much for those.

We need to see Bashou and Buson in the anime more. They are some of the toughest Rocket members out there.

Things that become an eyesore:

"Oh! Kenta is another Ash!" You must be crazy. He's way more mature than Ash. He could even beat him. He has the talent and skills to beat anyone. He beat Silver for one. He's not perfect though. Not many can win when being outnumbered.

"He's not as funny as Junichi!"
So. You just like those kind of characters.

"He's too popular"
and Ash isnt? >>

"I dont like main characters always getting the girl"
cry me a river. Tell that to the producers and writers

Some people saying that Questshippers are bashing Backshippers all the time. Im a big Questshipper.
I dont see bashing in the Questshipping thread. Someone must be jumping the gun.

Anyways.......
What really vexes me is that Japan could have released this special on DVD ages ago. I know they will probably make boxsets since their Johto DVDs didnt sell as well as they planned, but still. Mewtwo Special got a DVD.
They want to sell the little Pikachu specials and movies only for now >>

~Kenta&Rikku~
8th April 2005, 3:23 AM
Say,have you ever been to www.pokespecial.tk ? There is lot of pokemon manga pictures and info there.I recomend it.

MaskedManAbsolkid
3rd May 2005, 8:01 PM
When Chronicles airs, this is the episode I want to see the most. It looks interesting and it's nice to see some actual new characters (maybe except for Jackson, as he was in the Johto League)

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
10th May 2005, 9:00 PM
part 1 airs tommorow

I cant wait!!!!

Phantom_Bugsy
10th May 2005, 10:16 PM
Be sure to tell us what Kudou's dub name is. o____o;; 'Cause yanno, Kudou is my baby daddy.

"Hi, Eusine!" "Well, if it isn't Rachael!"

....*shot*

11th May 2005, 6:02 PM
****ING AWESOME!!!!

I LOVED TYPHLOSIONS CHEEKY FACE IT MADE AT JIMMY!!

but what kind of name was wanne-wanne for a croconaw?

Tilla and Hun- I can see the pun

Amadeus Windfall
11th May 2005, 6:08 PM
I liked the episode- it had a good plot, and I can't wait 'till Friday to see the next one. The name Jimmy was a bit odd, but who cares? And as for the Vincent/Jackson case, maybe he's called Vincent Jackson or Jackson Vincent.

11th May 2005, 6:11 PM
friday?

I never knew they aired it on friday

Marina is HOT

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 6:16 PM
212-758-7666 ext 257 is 4Kids number if anyone wants to complain about this.

I can't believe they made him a woman. That's just unforgivable.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 6:19 PM
Just looking through the Sky Guide.. it is on Friday, at 4PM, Saturday at 4PM, Sunday at 4PM then Wensday at 4:30PM

Sharpshooter
11th May 2005, 6:20 PM
Jiimmy rules, although his "You rock! You rule" motto sucks.

Wow, a Team Rocket plan succeeded for once! Clever people, I think that Raikou was a bit stupid, must have panicked since it should have known from the first time of asking that the crystal only absorbs the electricity. The Team Rocket leader looks evil, nice one.

I quite liked the interaction between Jimmy and Marina throughout the episode, very shippy, I can she why so many people like Questshipping, although I wish the actual battle between the two had finished, poor Jimmy was on his way to victory.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 6:20 PM
212-758-7666 ext 257 is 4Kids number if anyone wants to complain about this.

I can't believe they made him a woman. That's just unforgivable.
she was ment to be a guy?
O_O;

Blazing Charmander
11th May 2005, 6:23 PM
Yes, i just watched it and I couldn't warm up to it at all. They (4Kids), IMO have really messed it up. It sounded much better from what people have said about the Japanese version.

Here are things that have been messed up:
-The theme song: all it was was spelling out Pokemon in a singing voice.
-Names: My understanding was that the dub names for the character's were Yoshi, Jackson and Dani from the Johto League, but they have now had their name's changed to Jimmy, Vincent and Marina (her Japanese name so that's alright with me).
-Hitmonlee: Doesn't have the same voice actor who's voice better fitted Hitmonlee than this one. This voice actor was the one for Hitmontop. Didn't seem right.
-Dub songs: The songs just didn't seem right for the occasions that they were used.

Other than those complaints, I thought that the plot was good and seeing new main characters was quite refreshing. Typhlosion was awesome as well. It was funny when it pulled a cheeky face at Yoshi, when it saw him blushing. I am now starting to like Questshipping a lot after seeing this episode.

Now hopefully the rest of Chronicles will be much better than this ep.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 6:24 PM
Darn right. Had the deepese voice in the special too. Which I was looking forward to the dub *fixing*...

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 6:27 PM
-Dub songs: The songs just didn't seem right for the occasions that they were used.
Do you mean the music? yeah.. they just shoved the music from the first movie in it it seems

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 6:31 PM
actually, the original had that to a degree. It had a lot of movie 4 music, and for some reason at one point played the Guardian's Song from movie 2.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 6:33 PM
actually, the original had that to a degree. It had a lot of movie 4 music, and for some reason at one point played the Guardian's Song from movie 2.
You mean the song to call Lugia or something?

And I can see all of these Chronicals having movie music.. it's just something they seem to do, I understood it more in mewtwo returns..

♥Princess Ketchum♥
11th May 2005, 6:33 PM
yeah it was so cool and when is it on again what days

11th May 2005, 6:50 PM
Hun was ment to be a girl?

so on friday saturday and sunday and wednesday are they the same ep of different eps?

Alfonso
11th May 2005, 6:50 PM
...W. T. F.

This is disgusting. This is just plain disgusting. What the f*ck do 4Kids think they're doing, making Bashou a woman? I mean, F*CK.

So everyone knows 'Hun', or whatever he's called in the Japanese version, is a MAN in the Japanese version. He had a very, very deep voice in the original, and yet... This is just disgusting. I have lost all faith I had in 4Kids, and that was not a lot. But now, this... Jesus. Thanks a lot, 4Kids. You officially suck. And if some Mod would like to ban me, or have a go at me for bashing 4Kids, then don't. Because I won't give a s*it.

>.>

<.<

I mean, do these people HAVE memory? Don't they remember Jun'ichi from the Johto League? Don't they REMEMBER calling him Jackson?

Retarded f*cks.

Questshipping < Backshipping. Simple. *watches as the Questshipping thread becomes teh uber popular* >.>

Ferret
11th May 2005, 6:51 PM
I didn't think it was very good, the episode didn't have much substance. I hated the name Jimmy so much, and the opening song was sooo lazy (Poké Rap, come on...)

Yeah, Hitmonlee had an awful goddamn voice. I suppose you could just say it's a high-pitched one.

I thought the interaction between Jimmy and Marina was weak to be perfectly honest, we've seen it all before.
I thought the best characters were Atilla and Hun, yeah they have terrible names too, but the way they were thrown about in the episode, little was made of them meaning to go together so it was okay. I liked how they Hun was just trying to get the job done, and Atilla was playing about, they seemed to have the most to their characters, whereas Jimmy and Marina were just so cliché Pokémon hero.

I didn't like how Jimmy and Marina seemed to have this backstory, and they hinted on it but refused to go into any detail, I thought that was very poor storytelling.

The battles were sub-par and pretty boring. Seen all that before too. And there's no way in hell Raikou would be dumb enough to strike twice. Do your hand on the iron more than once? No.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed. I'll watch part 2 though.

Silver Fusion
11th May 2005, 7:11 PM
I hated part 1 it sucked they mutilated the characters names and voices the only bright side was seeing the Johto trainers I might get the DVD for that one reason.
Overall Poketto Monstutaa Houso > Pokemon Chronicles please say I spelt the japanese name right.

CyberCubed
11th May 2005, 7:12 PM
Who did Marina's voice?

Please for the love of god I hope it wasn't Lisa Ortiz.

Almighty Zard
11th May 2005, 7:16 PM
****ING AWESOME!!!!

I LOVED TYPHLOSIONS CHEEKY FACE IT MADE AT JIMMY!!

but what kind of name was wanne-wanne for a croconaw?

Tilla and Hun- I can see the pun

Waninoko is Totodiles japanese name, so the Wani-Wani comes from that.

Alfonso
11th May 2005, 7:19 PM
Waninoko is Totodiles japanese name, so the Wani-Wani comes from that.

...Wani-Wani was also the Japanese name of her Croconaw. :3

Shigeru-kun
11th May 2005, 7:22 PM
They changed Bashou's gender?! What in the...gah. *growls* Oh well. I guess ONE humorous thing will come out of this. Just imagine all the fanboys possibly claiming him to be hot...XD

Other than that? I guess I can't really say anything till I see it for myself, but one thing's for sure...I'm sure as heck ticked off that from now on I'll have to listen to the names Jimmy, Hun, etc. That was the only good thing about this special not being dubbed...lack of crappy names. << *prepares herself for all the dub-lovers*

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 7:23 PM
yeah it was so cool and when is it on again what days

Just looking through the Sky Guide.. it is on Friday, at 4PM, Saturday at 4PM, Sunday at 4PM then Wensday at 4:30PM
Also on again tonight at 7PM

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 7:25 PM
That was the only good thing about this special not being dubbed...lack of crappy names. << *prepares herself for all the dub-lovers*

Oh, I donno, I consider a fair amount of the original names to be crappy too.

And usually I love the dub, but here they went too far. I encourage everyone to call that number I posted earlier and register your disgust.

Gravy
11th May 2005, 7:31 PM
Who did Marina's voice?

It wasn't XD But the voice has definatly been used before, I know that much.

Its repeated again in half an hour from now, so I'll try and get down as much information as I can for people outside of the UK and hopefully answer a few questions~

For the record, I thought the name 'Jimmy' for the main hero character was laughably bland. And Vincent is the sort of name I'd expect for a minor character.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 7:31 PM
Who did Marina's voice?

Her voice did suck, didn't it?
I sware, it didn't seem to fit her at all..

Shigeru-kun
11th May 2005, 7:35 PM
It's repeating? Since we ARE allowed to request/post sound clips, maybe someone can get a wav file of some of the characters? Just to see what everything somewhat sounds like.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 7:38 PM
It's repeating? Since we ARE allowed to request/post sound clips, maybe someone can get a wav file of some of the characters? Just to see what everything somewhat sounds like.
Well I have it recorded on my Sky+ I can get my mic and try my best if you like.

Shigeru-kun
11th May 2005, 7:43 PM
Well I have it recorded on my Sky+ I can get my mic and try my best if you like.
Thanks Poke_girl

Backing up now, what were Marina's other monsters named? I highly doubt Pink-chan was kept, or if it was, the chan was dumped. Just asking.

Chris
11th May 2005, 7:45 PM
And now you know why I stick to the original Japanese version. I mean, it wasn't too long ago that they renamed Jun'ichi as "Jackson," yet they change his name again. Including Kenta and Marina's names. Jesus, how could they forget that damn fast? First Pokémon, now characters. Way to go!

Bashou becoming a woman? That's hilarious considering dubbing companies only do that when the person in question is bordering onto being either too feminine or being a homosexual (Zoicite in Sailor Moon for example). But since Bashou was NEITHER of those, 4Kids has some explaining to do. What was it? The long hair? This just makes me further believe that 4Kids gets the show with absolutely none of the audio and they rarely pay attention to the script.

Question regarding Typhlosion. Did it keep Bakufuun's voice like it has done previously before?

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 7:47 PM
Neither of them? I donno, I think his relationship with Buson was pretty obvious. But that's just me.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 7:48 PM
okay, here's one sound thingy of Vincent (Jackson..)
http://rapidshare.de/files/1702167/vincent.wav.html

Just to test ^^; is that good enough? Shall I go do some of the others now?

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 7:49 PM
wav.html? I think you need to redo that.

Chris
11th May 2005, 7:50 PM
Neither of them? I donno, I think his relationship with Buson was pretty obvious. But that's just me.
It's just you. o_O They're just Rocket Gang partners. One's the brains and the other's the muscle. Bashou battles inteligently while Buson's easy to anger and tends to get ahead of himself. The two balance eachother out. Nothing more. :s

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 7:51 PM
wav.html? I think you need to redo that.
I dunno.. I put it on this rapidshare thing, try it, please..

Chris
11th May 2005, 7:52 PM
Tried it. Doesn't work.

Alfonso
11th May 2005, 7:52 PM
okay, here's one sound thingy of Vincent (Jackson..)
http://rapidshare.de/files/1702167/vincent.wav.html

Just to test ^^; is that good enough? Shall I go do some of the others now?

...Could you do Bashou/Hun? Or whatever the hell his name was. You know, the one that was changed to a girl.

E-mail sent to 4Kids:

...I am aware that you do not deal with certain complaints in regards to such things as Pokemon, so if you could, I would like you to forward this to Mr. Grossfield, who I believe is involved in many projects related to Pokemon, including being in charge of the latest dubbing of the 'Hosos'/Chronicles.

...I would have sent this to the man himself, but I could not find any form of e-mail address on the website.

Thank you for forwarding this.

Dear Mr. Grossfield:

Having just gotten on-line, I was horrified to discover the latest news that had sprung up after Pokemon Chronicles had just aired in America and the UK for the firs time. To be more specific, the Legend of Thunder... That Bashou, the silver haired Team Rocket member that was originally male in the original Japanese version (I have seen it, so I know.) was made a female in the dubbed/American version. 'Hun', I believe, was his dub name. Now, with the upmost respect, I want to ask this: Why. Why. Why. I just want a clear answer. No crap, because I've had to put up with people doing this in anime before... Sailor Moon, for one. However, there is no reason for this. DIC, or whoever dubbed Sailor Moon, were trying to cover up some lesbians that they felt were unsuitable for the American youth. (This, of course, is not something I agree with. But that's not the point.)

However, there is no reason for this. No ******** reason at all. There is NOTHING that could possibly excuse the sex change.

Oh, and I'd also like to know why Jackson's (Jun'ichi.) dub voice was changed to Vincent. Does 4Kids have some sort of problem in keeping up with past episodes of the show? The fact that it was stated in Trainers Choice that Arbok evolved into Seviper is further proof of this.

An explanation of these three points would be greatly appreciated. And an apology, also. I've lost a lot of faith in 4Kids over the last few years, and this has just pushed me over the edge. I've been watching Pokemon the day it aired in the USA. I bought the DVDs just to hear the Voice Actos and Directors Commentary. But now, I don't have anything left. There was no reason to make Bashou a girl, none at all. So I'd like someone to explain to me clearly WHY he was made a woman. No excuses, just an explanation and apology.

...I hope this has nothing to do with the fact that Bashou/'Hun' (Or whatever he was called in the dub version.) looked very feminine. Do the people over at 4Kids have a problem with feminine looking guys? Do they think that the kids will think that they are gay? Do they not want to give the wrong impression of Buson and Bashou's relationship?

And so, I want to know.

I'd also like to ask something else, if you don't think I've been rude enough. There is a character named Harley/Harry (Depending on how you want to translate the Katakana... I prefere Harley, because Harry is spelt differently in Japanese that what his name appeared as in the credits.) that is set to appear in an upcoming Contest episode. ("Izabe Contest! Beware of the Rival!) He looks rather feminine, and I, and several other people, are worried that you will change him to a girl because of that. I have a picture of him, if you wish to take a look:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/alfonso_amatari/Harley_HOT.jpg

...As you can see. You banned the Jynx episode because of the racist stereotypes that it seemed to contain. Will you change Harley to a girl because he acts rather flamboyantly, just to please the Soccor Moms? Because the American youth don't understand the concept of a feminine male? Hmmmm? I'm sure you think I'm being very rude, but at this point, I'm in rather a bad mood, and I certainly don't want to see something this disgusting to happen again. I'm not blaming you, but seriously. If the sex change was nothing to do with you, the fair enough. Just make sure it never happens again, because I, and several other people I've talked, finds it VERY offensive, and an insult to homosexuality that people think that a feminine looking guy must be changed to a woman to make sure there is no offense. If it is, then make sure it doesn't happen again, and an apology addressed to myself all the fans of Pokemon would be greatly appreciated, as well as some form of explanation.

...I will be sending this every week until I get a reply. If you listen to some woman claiming some rubbish about Jynx being 'racist', then I expect you to listen to me. (And all the other fans that I'm sure have called up.)

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to recieving a reply.

Regards,

Robert Jones

:P

Batdude
11th May 2005, 7:53 PM
Did it keep Bakufuun's voice like it has done previously before?Yeah, as far as I can tell it kept saying that. It sure as heck wasn't saying "Typhlosion" anyway, but I've never heard it before so...

Q1. So the long haired "woman" is actually a man? The one with the Steelix? That is very interesting.

Q2. I wasn't going mad, and the third character actually WAS in theory Jackson, correct?

Typhlosion is alot smaller than I thought it would be to be honest.

I dunno, from what I've read it seems like they made a right mess of this. I loved the battles though. Beedrill can actually kick some surprising butt when it's allowed to.

Alfonso
11th May 2005, 7:54 PM
Yeah, as far as I can tell it kept saying that. It sure as heck wasn't saying "Typhlosion" anyway, but I've never heard it before so...

Q1. So the long haired "woman" is actually a man? The one with the Steelix? That is very interesting.

Q2. I wasn't going mad, and the third character actually WAS in theory Jackson, correct?

Typhlosion is alot smaller than I thought it would be to be honest.

I dunno, from what I've read it seems like they made a right mess of this. I loved the battles though. Beedrill can actually kick some surprising butt when it's allowed to.

Yes, the long haired 'woman' was a man in the Japanese version. And there's nothing 'in theory'. Vincent= Jackson= Jun'ichi.

*Murkrow
11th May 2005, 7:54 PM
Question regarding Typhlosion. Did it keep Bakufuun's voice like it has done previously before?

No, it was definitly shouting 'Typh, typh' when it battled. It wasn't as deep as I'd expected, but from what I can remember (I wasn't really paying much attention) it wasn't that bad.

Edit: Maybe it was just me then, I swear it wasn't saying anything resembling 'Bakufuun'.

Edit 2: Gravy just confirmed it- wasn't dubbed. Must be me.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 7:55 PM
Yep, a man. His Japanese voice leaves no doubt. Man, I was looking forward to them *fixing* that issue, not making it worse!

And yep, that was Jackson.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 7:55 PM
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25S5SZ0JYUR7B315RJ8XVOTBVZ

okay, used you send it this time, I've used this before for Yu-gi-oh eps, should work

CyberCubed
11th May 2005, 7:56 PM
What's the problem with them renaming Yoshi as Jimmy and Dani as Marina?

For all we know Jackson could have been talking to anybody in the dub when he said those names, 4kids could have made it anybody.

Besides, Jimmy and Marina are a hell of a lot better names than Yoshi and Dani. So what exactly is the problem with their names?

Jackson and Bashao I understand, but Jimmy and Marina are fine.

Shigeru-kun
11th May 2005, 7:57 PM
*listens to Jun'ichi wav* Ick...x_x *shoves scissors in her ears* Nothing like Jun'ichi-kun....sounds more stuck-up and mean than happy-go lucky.

Btw guys, the other link did work. Just drop the .html. ^^;

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 7:58 PM
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25S5SZ0JYUR7B315RJ8XVOTBVZ

okay, used you send it this time, I've used this before for Yu-gi-oh eps, should work

That worked. Sounds almost the same, but a bit higher pitched. Maybe it's just that line.

Alfonso
11th May 2005, 7:58 PM

For all we know Jackson could have been talking to anybody in the dub when he said those names, 4kids could have made it anybody.

Besides, Jimmy and Marina are a hell of a lot better names than Yoshi and Dani. So what exactly is the problem with their names?

...If I recall correctly, he was refering to Kenta and Marina in the Japanese version. He said 'Yoshi' and 'Dani' in the English version, at the same place, so it's pretty obvious who he was talking about. >.>

...WTF

"Look what the Gengar dragged in!"

Wouldn't PERSIAN have been a better choice? Or Delcatty? WTF. GENGAR.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 7:59 PM
Alfonso, where did you find 4Kids' e-mail address? And what is it?

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 8:00 PM
okay, I'm taking voice requests now :P
or even the start song thing if you would like

Batdude
11th May 2005, 8:00 PM
No, it was definitly shouting 'Typh, typh' when it battled. It wasn't as deep as I'd expected, but from what I can remember (I wasn't really paying much attention) it wasn't that bad.

Edit: Maybe it was just me then, I swear it wasn't saying anything resembling 'Bakufuun'.Really? I probably am wrong, cause I never heard it's voice before, either Japanese or dubbed, anyway. Then again, that little grunt was ALL it basically said.

EDIT: Aha. I see.

Hitmonlee sounded quite funny to be honest. I've heard it in the Primeape ep and in Pikachu's Vacation, and it sounded a heck of a lot more intimidating than that.

Chris
11th May 2005, 8:01 PM
They were given names before. That's the problem.

They directly translated Jun'ichi's dialouge (with altered names). It doesn't help the case that they even changed his name.

Here's the problem with all of the dub names. For Kenta, they went from switching to a DIFFERENT Japanese name to an American name. Marina went from an American name back to her original name. Although kudos to them for at least using Marina's original name.

"Jimmy" ain't acceptable if they went as far as changing it to a different Japanese name and then to an American name.

MTC
11th May 2005, 8:01 PM
I find it VERY hard to believe that Hun was ever a man, how can she be a man?
She is definately female, 4kids did good changing her into a woman, shame they messed everything else up.
The Dub name changing is unforgivable, that's what everyone should be complaining about, the Hitmonlee voice was also horrible, but Team Rocket was good, EVERYthing about them.

*continues laughing at people complaining about Hun's gender change*

Alfonso
11th May 2005, 8:02 PM
Alfonso, where did you find 4Kids' e-mail address? And what is it?

...It's not 'their' e-mail address. It's the 'e-mail' address of some person in the company. Some Big-Shot. It's the only one I could find. I requested that (Obviously, he himself isn't going to read the e-mail... it's obviously going to be read by some random person, so it should be forwarded.) it be forwarded to Norman Grossfield.

This is what I sent the e-mail to: cwest@4kidsent.com

I advise everyone who gives a s*it about Pokemon to complain.

Oh, and STFU MNC, or whatever your name is. We're annoyed because he's a f*cking guy in the Japanese version, and there was no reason for him to be changed into a woman. It's called being a feminine guy. You tend to come across those sort of guys in Pokemon. >.>

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 8:02 PM
If you'd heard his Japanese voice, you'd understand. Deepest voice in the movie.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 8:04 PM
Here's Jimmy and merina
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0PDF0HLY44TUZ1XWZFRIACAOGF

Chris
11th May 2005, 8:04 PM
I find it VERY hard to believe that Hun was ever a man, how can she be a man?
You obviously can't tell if you're hearing a WOMAN'S voice coming from him. Remember, guys don't always have to muscular or boyish looking. o_O Long hair =/= females.

Wouldn't PERSIAN have been a better choice? Or Delcatty? WTF. GENGAR.
Either woulda been rather dumb. Especially Delcatty considering this took place BEFORE Houen was introduced. >_>;

And is it me..or does Jimmy sound like Sean Schemmel's providing his voice? Sean was Goku's dub voice in late DB, DBZ and DBGT.

Amadeus Windfall
11th May 2005, 8:06 PM
You mean the song to call Lugia or something?
No, it was the background music played when Ash did important stuff. Here, we have it when we get told about all the types of Pokemon Jimmy's journey leads him to see.

CyberCubed
11th May 2005, 8:07 PM
[SIZE=1]They were given names before. That's the problem.

True, but as I said above 4kids could have decided that Jackson was talking to two OTHER friends in that scene, regardless of the Japanese version.

Besides, renaming characters that haven't been directly given names is a hell of a lot different than renaming someone who was DIRECTLY given a name. (Jackson)

Here's the problem with all of the dub names. For Kenta, they went from switching to a DIFFERENT Japanese name to an American name. Marina went from an American name back to her original name. Although kudos to them for at least using Marina's original name.

To the American audience however, they have no idea that the dub names for Jimmy and Marina were once something different. It has no harmful affect.

Changing Jacksons name to Vincent was appauling however, and Bashao having a gender change as well.

I have no problem with Jimmy and Marina. I applaud 4kids for changing Yoshi to a better name such as Jimmy, and changing Dani back to her original name.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 8:10 PM
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3G3Y2UNGXE9QH05C9P3O4CU94B
Merina on her own

Alfonso
11th May 2005, 8:11 PM
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3G3Y2UNGXE9QH05C9P3O4CU94B
Merina on her own

*pokes*

How about Bashou? I'm sure a lot of people want to hear the stupid sex change. ^^;;

Ferret
11th May 2005, 8:12 PM
Oh yeah, there we go, there's the horror we endured.

Sharpshooter
11th May 2005, 8:13 PM
I think I'm pretty sure in saying that Jimmy's voice was done by the same person who did Nicolai in "Zig Zag Zangoose!". If anyone can remember that.

Shigeru-kun
11th May 2005, 8:15 PM
How about Bashou? I'm sure a lot of people want to hear the stupid sex change. ^^;;
100% agreed.

As for Marina...Kenta's dub voice doesn't bother me much, Marina's just...*screams* I don't know what it is, but I can't stand it. x_x Marina's original voice sounded cute, but that sounds...rather annoying. ^^;

Blackjack Gabbiani
Here's my letter. I asked for it to be forwarded to Kahn and someone in charge of directing.

I'm writing to register my disgust at the recent dub of the Pokémon special Legend of Thunder.

For starters, changing the character "Bashou" into a woman is unforgible. There is no reason for the change. There has been feminine men before who have evaded this, why him?

Was it the rumors of his relationship with his field partner? Purely fan conjecture, and besides, 4Kids has never seemed to have a problem with same-sex relationships in the past, and if that is indeed the case, I find it disturbing and offensive. If that is indeed the reason his gender was changed, that sends a very negative message to not only gay and bi fans, but to straight fans as well--that we cannot be all-inclusive.

If that was not the reason for the change, then why? Certainly he is feminine in appearence, but as I said above, there have been other feminine men who have remained men.

Another point is the disturbing lack of continuity. The character who had previously been dubbed as "Jackson" suddenly becoming "Vincent"? And it's not like he had an unimportant role before--he was one of Ash's opponents in the Silver Conference. Was that really so long ago that you cannot remember? Well, the fans remember, and we wonder why.

I have been a staunch supporter of 4Kids in the past, but this rattles my faith in you. You were supposed to be the good guys, but this is a blotch on you that will take a while to go away, if it ever does.

I await your replies.

poke_girl
*pokes*

http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WQIM7OJB1L623MF2NM4U8CUH2

As you requested :P

Chris
11th May 2005, 8:18 PM
...Why was imagining that'd be exactly Bashou's dub voice just abit ago? o_O;

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 8:18 PM
No, it was the background music played when Ash did important stuff. Here, we have it when we get told about all the types of Pokemon Jimmy's journey leads him to see.

Actually no. The song to call Lugia was in the original LoT. That's what I meant by "Guardian's Song". It played for about two seconds at one point.

And why does Femme!Bashou remind me of Mai Valentine?

TeddiUrsa
11th May 2005, 8:19 PM
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WQIM7OJB1L623MF2NM4U8CUH2

As you requested :P

Ow..what a stupid sex-change and a cheap voice, too...I just hope germany doesn´t get the hosous from the US.....*watches his subbed version*

Shigeru-kun
*listens to Bashou's voice*....I don't know HOW, but somehow I just knew the new Mai voice would be used....how about Buson now? x_x

Alfonso
Actually no. The song to call Lugia was in the original LoT. That's what I meant by "Guardian's Song". It played for about two seconds at one point.

And why does Femme!Bashou remind me of Mai Valentine?

...Oh, I thought that too. And Cassidy.

...Looks like we have our Cassidy voice. :3

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 8:20 PM
You know, I wanted to do his voice. But I would have played him as a MAN, dammit! I have an *ANDROGYNOUS* voice!

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 8:24 PM
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0H7K8O8RF8VAH2CP0WQ8T3J8B5

Buson.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 8:26 PM
Well, he's better than I thought he'd be. But what's with the accent?

Chris
11th May 2005, 8:28 PM
Oh lordy..I can bet that's Eric Stuart doing Buson's voice. It's bordering between Brock and Seto Kaiba. x_X; Sorry, but I expected a ROUGH, deep, cocky voice.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 8:29 PM
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0RYY9W7VASKLJ2NH8HVU6R056Q
The Theam song for it if anyones interested in that.. anything else?
Hitmonlee maybe? *go's to do Hitmonlee*

Shigeru-kun
11th May 2005, 8:29 PM
I believe his VA has an accent himself....seeing as that appears to be Jounouchi's dub voice. x_x Either way, I still like the original better.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 8:32 PM
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WMAH51WTC4DO2RPFHWQS65WC2
Hitmonlee everyone!

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 8:34 PM
Hitmonlee doesn't sound so bad. Just sounds like Hitmontop, that's all.

Sasuke.
11th May 2005, 8:34 PM
Wow didn't realise this was the first time being showed here, but am glad Marina's voice set everyones teeth on edge and not just mine. So where is it exactly I've heard it before? Female Hitmonlee is interesting too X(

Oh and whens part 2, next Wednesday or Tomorrow?

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 8:36 PM
Wow didn't realise this was the first time being showed here, but am glad Marina's voice set everyones teeth on edge and not just mine. So where is it exactly I've heard it before? Female Hitmonlee is interesting too X(

Oh and whens part 2, next Wednesday or Tomorrow?
I think it's Friday.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 8:38 PM
Can you get us a copy of Sebastian's voice? He had such an awesome voice in the Red Gyarados episodes.

poke_girl
I'm having fun doing this.. are there any other people to do?? o_o;

poke_girl
Can you get us a copy of Sebastian's voice? He had such an awesome voice in the Red Gyarados episodes.

Can you explane to me who that is?

Almighty Zard
11th May 2005, 8:40 PM
who did do Marina's voice

IMPERIAL DRAGON
11th May 2005, 8:43 PM
Since I'm damn stupid and only remembered to see the last ten mins of the repeat anyone know when this episode is getting repeated... again ¬_¬

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 8:43 PM
Sebastian is the Rocket researcher that B&B get their orders from, with the streak in his hair.

Gravy
11th May 2005, 8:47 PM
Quote from my mom: 'He was a MAN?! That can't be right, look at him! He has a woman's *** for gods sake!'

-Marina wants to be a famous pop star or something, and keeps commenting on how she likes to sing. Didn't she just want to be a pokémon idol? o.o

-Pink-chan = Pink
Muu-chan = Little Miss
Wani-Wani = Wani-Wani.
Little Miss is actually a lot cuter sounding than Muu-chan, I have to say ^.^

-Theres an eyecatch, but Toonami has cut it, so I'm not sure what the hell it actually was :/

People have already posted anything I could have added to this conversation, AND provided voice clips. So, meh, I have nothing else to add here ^^;

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 8:49 PM
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1G5ESZLM99Y6X1H4RGN96X982B
Sebastian.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 8:51 PM
Yay, he's the same!

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 8:51 PM
-Theres an eyecatch, but Toonami has cut it, so I'm not sure what the hell it actually was :/

What do you mean by an Eyecatch?

IMPERIAL DRAGON
11th May 2005, 8:53 PM
Mom, Gravy? Dude when did you go all American lol

Seriously, anyone have any info on when this episode is gonna be reshown... but don't rub the fact that I'm an idiot in...

Rikku.
11th May 2005, 8:53 PM
Some of the voices really annoyed me; Marinas & Hitmonlees..

Loved Typhlosion though, he had his own personality and it was great.

Marinas Jigglypuff is called Little Pink, btw.

I don't know how they could assume Hun is female, honestly, he has the body of a male character. Not a curve to be seen.

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 8:54 PM
An eyecatch is what they show going into commercial. They're really no big loss.

Gravy
What do you mean by an Eyecatch?
An eyecatch is a little clip that is shown just before a commercial break, and just after that commercial break ends. Trainers Choice and Who's That Pokémon are eyectaches~ Toonami suck at cutting for commercial breaks, so you can usually catch a glimpse of what has been cut out. I just happen to be able to spot stuff like that ^.^;

I think they'll repeat it on Saturday I_D. I'm just judging by the way Toonami have set thier schedule up now. Usually its two new episodes a week, with repeats on the weekend. They've done the same thing with One Piece.

poke_girl
Since I'm damn stupid and only remembered to see the last ten mins of the repeat anyone know when this episode is getting repeated... again ¬_¬
All I can say is watch Friday, Sat and Sun at 4pm hoping one of them is a repeat

Jesse GS the II
11th May 2005, 8:56 PM
So let me get this straight...4Kids changed the dub names of the three main characters and made Hun/Atilla/whoever it was a girl?

I haven't even seen this episode and I already know its 4Kids' worst hack job yet. Gimme the Japanese version or nothing at all.

IMPERIAL DRAGON
11th May 2005, 8:57 PM
Don't worry, I'll remember those days just incase lol ¬_¬ . But doesn't anyone have any TV listings that include the name of the episodes being shown. I checked the TV Quick but it included everything other than Toonami.

Blackjack Gabbiani
Apparently he was "Hun". Which is just silly.

they kept Typhlosions jap voice! i could hear it's jap name

Jesse GS the II
11th May 2005, 9:03 PM
they kept Typhlosions jap voice! i could hear it's jap name

I think they've always done that, for some unknown reason. See also "Gonna Rule the School" and "Poetry Commotion".

Chris
11th May 2005, 9:05 PM
Well that's good considering not alot of Pokémon keep their original voices anymore. Bakufuun's yells sounded more like growls and it'd be ridiculous as hell hearing the thing shout "TYPHLO~!" >_>;

Just to be 100% sure, mind making a clip of Typhlosion?

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 9:15 PM
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QZ48Z9LK241H27XGH0Z7CHWKY
Jimmy + Typhlosion for ya!
I'm going to go and play PSO:BB some now, bye

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 9:17 PM
My god. He sounds like Davis from Digimon. If he'd drawn out "Buddy" a little bit longer...

Alfonso
11th May 2005, 9:39 PM
...Say, was there any mention by Marina about Jun'ichi's Yanma?

IMPERIAL DRAGON
11th May 2005, 9:40 PM
Oh and btw these were posted in another thread. Looks like this episode will be repeated in June and all the others following into July.

Wednesday, May 11 - 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 13 - 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Saturday, May 14 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 15 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, May 18 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 20 - 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Saturday, May 21 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 22 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, May 25 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 27 - 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Saturday, May 28 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 29 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM

Pokemon Chronicles Airings for June:

Wednesday, June 1 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM
Friday, June 3 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 4 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, June 5 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, June 8 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, June 10 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 11 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Sunday, June 12 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, June 15 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, June 17 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 18 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Sunday, June 19 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, June 22 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, June 24 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 25 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Sunday, June 26 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, June 29 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM

Kenta99
11th May 2005, 9:43 PM
So they made Bashou a woman eh?
Leave it to 4Kids to screw everything up.
At least its back to Marina again

Gravy
11th May 2005, 9:49 PM
...Say, was there any mention by Marina about Jun'ichi's Yanma?
No, there wasn't any mention of that at all. Just a load of garb about how Marina had been pratising her singing (the hell?) and stuff. She aparantly wants to be a famous pop star or something now~

Marina: "Pokémon Idol?...Never heard of one of those. Is that like, a singing competition or summinc?!"

Jesse GS the II
11th May 2005, 9:55 PM
Marina: "Pokémon Idol?...Never heard of one of those. Is that like, a singing competition or summinc?!"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 10:02 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
(Dang.. PSO:BB is down.. )

Er, I'll record that scean to make it worse for you if you like :D

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 10:03 PM
All these JP names.. who's Jun'ichi's?

V Faction
11th May 2005, 10:06 PM
Jackson/Vincent's.

This deserves a meh.

Alfonso
11th May 2005, 10:07 PM

Jun'ichi. The 's is there because I was talking about Jun'ichi's Yanma.

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th May 2005, 10:31 PM
I guess Hitmonlee had his Pokemon Channel Voice.

Was the scene with Silver left in, at all?

Alfonso
11th May 2005, 10:35 PM
I guess Hitmonlee had his Pokemon Channel Voice.

Was the scene with Silver left in, at all?

...Nope, from what I can tell. Someone told me that the intro was replaced by the Hoso Intro thing that they're doing. (=Crappy rap thing.)

Gaiash
11th May 2005, 11:11 PM
Thank goodness they came to their sences about their names. I didn't like Kenta being called Yoshi but his new name Jimmy as MUCH better. Marinas accully kept her name and Jackson has a new dub name despite appearing in the Johto League, I'm accully convinced his named Victor Jackson. Jimmy has got quite a cool voice, I must say that now I saw the episode I can accully see me in Jimmy, I'm glad I used him as the image for me in my comics

Heracross
12th May 2005, 12:04 AM
God damn... there are so many horrific things to complain about, I don't know where to begin. First off I appologise for my lateness in replying to this news.:P

Anyways, making Bashou a woman is simply not acceptable. What the hell were they SMOKING? Even if someone does respond to you guys' e-mails, whatever 'reason' they give will not be satisfactory. There is just no excuse. Period.

Now that was offensive... forgetting the dub names already given to Kenta, Marina, and Junichi is just plain stupid. First the Arbok -> Seviper thing, and now this. Oh, 4Kids, wherefore art thy brain?

Ok, so Marina and Jimmy are a hell of a lot better than Yoshi and Dani- I will admit that. But the fact remains that 4Kids has no idea what's going on in their own television show. And if I wasn't so pˇssed at them right now, I would laugh that they were dumb enough to forget Junichi's previous dub name.

My opinion of 4Kids has been rather low recently, but now that I've heard about this whole fiasco, any dwindling respect I had for them has vanished. I suppose I should be happy that they finally dubbed the specials, but if they really can't do any better than this then they can just shrivel up and die for all I care. I'll just stick with the Japanese/good version thankyouverymuch. I don't even want to know how horribly defiled the soundtrack was.

On a side note, I know I've heard that opening theme before, but I can't remeber where it came from.XP That's really gonna bug me now. >_>

Medea
12th May 2005, 12:21 AM
WOAH, HOLD IT!!!

Now, I live here in the Divided States of Embarrasment...
http://serebii.net/anime/bashou.bmp
But to make Bashou a woman :confused:...I agree with Heracross, that's just ****ed up!

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th May 2005, 12:22 AM
The opening theme was from the Johto Pokerap, heard on the 3rd Movie DVD, and played once on the Tv show, in the Skarmory Episode back in Johto. I personally liked the song.

So they used the dubbed movie music! Yes! The movie music is actually pretty good, better then the tv show music we get. Hopefully their keep the Video Game battle music when it plays in the next parts. If they don't, well, then I'll be upset. Although the music that played when Misty battled Molly in the 3rd movie was awesome!

That Scary Clefairy
12th May 2005, 12:36 AM

LMAO, that certainly true...[snicker]...Divided States of Embaressment.....LOL

On the whole outroar, yes it true they f*ck it up, but B*tching about it only make you fools look like a little child. Why just get the damn JP version if the dub that bad? To me, when the dub comes out, i'll watch it for comedy use. just use one as a comedy(dub) and the other (JP) as the real thing!

poke_girl
12th May 2005, 1:42 AM
WOAH, HOLD IT!!!

http://serebii.net/anime/bashou.bmp
But to make Bashou a woman :confused:...I agree with Heracross, that's just ****ed up!
You know.. s/he is pretty flat chested too.. >_>; makes no sence..

First the Arbok -> Seviper thing, and now this. Oh, 4Kids, wherefore art thy brain?
What was that?
Please don't tell me they called Seviper Arbok..

Alfonso
12th May 2005, 1:45 AM
What was that?

...They said Arbok evolved into Seviper.

Medea
12th May 2005, 1:47 AM
What was that?
Sorry to go off subject (please don't lynch me)...When KidsWB aired the episode A Fan with a Plan, the stupid Trainer's Choice said that Arbok evolved into Seviper...Idiots :rolleyes:

Geodude
12th May 2005, 1:48 AM
About Jun'ichi's name: Maybe his name is Vincent Jackson? :)

Alfonso
12th May 2005, 1:53 AM
About Hazuki's name: Maybe his name is Vincent Jackson? :)

1) Hazuki is Harrison's Japanese name. Jackson's Japanese name is Jun'ichi.

2) I've said it before, and I'll say it again. That's a weak excuse for the name change. It's not his last name at all, and you know it. >.>

Kenta99
12th May 2005, 1:54 AM
I realize how much they have destroyed this Special compared to the original.
But whining and complaining wont do much good. 4Kids wont listen to us. Once they dub it, its over. Done with. We are left what what they have to hand out >>
I will continue to watch my Japanese version and await a Japanese DVD(when Japan decides Rentals arent as good as selling).

On a side note, does it really matter if a shipping is affected by this? becoming more popular? Its kinda obvious it was gonna happen Alfonso.
If you want your ship to be more popular, make a thread, get followers and be happy. I'm not gonna let what you said earlier bother me though. You are just one person. Believe what you want. Popularity shows that more people follow something. It shouldn't be a negative thing to follow something that many others do. Sure your ship can be unique since theres less who follow it, but that doesnt make it any better than other ships. I know what you said was out of anger at 4Kids and their dumbness. But please, don't take that anger on others who are innocent.

V Faction
12th May 2005, 1:58 AM
Oh no, truly it is Vincent Jackson. Just like Janet Fisher.

~Are you sure you aren't suffering from head trauma, Geodude?

Well, I don't know about you folks, but I plan to stick with Jackson.

1. It's closer to his original name.
2. It sounds better.
3. It came first.
4. The regular episodes have a dominance over the specials or something.. I dunno...

Of course, those of you sticking with the Japanese name in the first place don't give a damn either way.

Geodude
12th May 2005, 2:01 AM
1) Hazuki is Harrison's Japanese name. Jackson's Japanese name is Jun'ichi.
*kicks self*

*edits post*

And I don't really understand why everyone's complaining about Bashou's sex change. Sure, there was no reason whatsoever to make him female, but does it affect the special in ANY way? At all? No.

Alfonso
12th May 2005, 2:04 AM
I realize how much they have destroyed this Special compared to the original.
But whining and complaining wont do much good. 4Kids wont listen to us. Once they dub it, its over. Done with. We are left what what they have to hand out >>
I will continue to watch my Japanese version and await a Japanese DVD(when Japan decides Rentals arent as good as selling).

On a side note, does it really matter if a shipping is affected by this? becoming more popular? Its kinda obvious it was gonna happen Alfonso.
If you want your ship to be more popular, make a thread, get followers and be happy. I'm not gonna let what you said earlier bother me though. You are just one person. Believe what you want. Popularity shows that more people follow something. It shouldn't be a negative thing to follow something that many others do. Sure your ship can be unique since theres less who follow it, but that doesnt make it any better than other ships. I know what you said was out of anger at 4Kids and their dumbness. But please, don't take that anger on others who are innocent.

Blah, blah blah. When I have to put up with threads and threads full of 'omg jimmy and marina are soooooooooooooooooo cute togehter lol lol lol', then yes, I am bothered. I had to put up with the Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping stuff, and now I'm going to have to put up with this too. :P

I am entitled to be able to say Questshipping < Backshipping, and not get a hundred people down my throat for doing so. Don't think I didn't see some of the comments refering to me in the Questshipping thread. -_-

And wtf. I have a right to complain, and I have. And something will be done, because I'm not going to shut up. Myself and a few other people have already started collecting together the e-mail addresses of Madeline Blaustein. (Who had a sex change herself.) She seems to hold some weight, and you know, actually seems to have an ounce of intelligence about her, so...

...An apology and an explanation is what we seek. A re-dub would just be the icing on the cake. :P

Edit: Yes, Geodude. Let's let 4Kids walk all over us again.

NO.

I won't stand for this. Not this time. They've screwed us over too many times... America and it's stupid Soccor Moms have screwed anime fans too many times. (Sailor Moon, anyone?) This time, I won't let it rest. It's pointless, and it's basically saying that if you're an effeminate guy, you MUST be a woman! I worry about Harley.

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th May 2005, 2:11 AM
All they'd have to do is recast Bashou and replace all instances of "Vincent" with "Jackson". Simple, and not all that expencive (dub casts are dirt cheap. Sales will more than cover both VAs)

~Kenta&Rikku~
12th May 2005, 2:14 AM
I did'nt see it the special or movie.(i live in australia)Hmm..All i know is that i think YOSHI was better than JIMMY.But everyone has their own opinons.

PiPikachu
12th May 2005, 2:18 AM
On a side note, I know I've heard that opening theme before, but I can't remeber where it came from.XP That's really gonna bug me now. >_>

Pokérap GS - First few lyrics repeated :P

poke_girl
12th May 2005, 2:34 AM
Sorry to go off subject (please don't lynch me)...When KidsWB aired the episode A Fan with a Plan, the stupid Trainer's Choice said that Arbok evolved into Seviper...Idiots :rolleyes:
OMG!!! That's a horrible mistake.. I can see kids trying to make there Arbok evolve into it..*dies*

poke_girl
12th May 2005, 2:37 AM
Did someone say something about a scean with Silver in awhile ago?
What was that about?

Kenta99
12th May 2005, 2:40 AM
Blah, blah blah. When I have to put up with threads and threads full of 'omg jimmy and marina are soooooooooooooooooo cute togehter lol lol lol', then yes, I am bothered. I had to put up with the Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping stuff, and now I'm going to have to put up with this too. :P

I am entitled to be able to say Questshipping < Backshipping, and not get a hundred people down my throat for doing so. Don't think I didn't see some of the comments refering to me in the Questshipping thread. -_-

And wtf. I have a right to complain, and I have. And something will be done, because I'm not going to shut up. Myself and a few other people have already started collecting together the e-mail addresses of Madeline Blaustein. (Who had a sex change herself.) She seems to hold some weight, and you know, actually seems to have an ounce of intelligence about her, so...

...An apology and an explanation is what we seek. A re-dub would just be the icing on the cake. :P

Edit: Yes, Geodude. Let's let 4Kids walk all over us again.

NO.

I won't stand for this. Not this time. They've screwed us over too many times... America and it's stupid Soccor Moms have screwed anime fans too many times. (Sailor Moon, anyone?) This time, I won't let it rest. It's pointless, and it's basically saying that if you're an effeminate guy, you MUST be a woman! I worry about Harley.

Bothered by spammy threads? Spam is taken down. You know that. People who make those threads don't really understand the ships they support.
Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping bothers you? Ignore it. Simple. Don't let them cause you to go insane. I don't really mind either if they could happen.

If you want a shipping war again, be my guest. I could care less. My friends could care less. I know I've changed in how I support the ship I like. I won't blindly say my ship is Uber great and better than others. I'm not a kid so I wont act like one.

So far, the only effect we have had on 4Kids is getting at least the Beach episode(#18) dubbed. If we ever get Raikou redubbed this way, then Im confident Dratini and Porygon could be dubbed too. Chances are low though. I know I want it as much as you, but things just aren't that easy. Its like telling Nintendo to give us Wonderspots at Gamestops and EB Games. They would laugh in our faces and tell us to see them in NY >>

Alfonso
12th May 2005, 2:44 AM
The Porygon episode will never be dubbed. It's banned by the Japanese goverment. :P

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th May 2005, 2:46 AM
Porygon *is* dubbed. But it can never be shown. That's not 4Kids or WB or anyone domestic, that's the Japanese government saying that.

Kenta99
12th May 2005, 2:47 AM
I've known that. I'm not that dumb.
I was being sarcastic since the odds are very bad for anymore changes from 4Kids

Jesse GS the II
12th May 2005, 2:52 AM
Porygon *is* dubbed. But it can never be shown. That's not 4Kids or WB or anyone domestic, that's the Japanese government saying that.

Actually, it's "The Legend of Dratini" that was dubbed but never shown. "Electric Soldier Porygon" was immediately banned everywhere after the seizure epidemic.

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th May 2005, 2:59 AM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP038

4Kids Entertainment has dubbed this episode and reduced the speed and intensity of the flashing explosion to make it safe, but the episode has still never been shown

Jesse GS the II
12th May 2005, 3:28 AM
No, that can't be right. The Japanese government won't let that episode out of the country. There's no way 4Kids would even think about dubbing it, and even if they wanted to, they couldn't.

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th May 2005, 3:29 AM
I don't think the ban happened right away. They probably dubbed it in the hopes that it could air once things had settled down.

And here, I made an icon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/looklikeanim.gif

Kenta99
12th May 2005, 4:52 AM
No, that can't be right. The Japanese government won't let that episode out of the country. There's no way 4Kids would even think about dubbing it, and even if they wanted to, they couldn't.

Japan already let the episode out of the country. They aired it once, people taped it. They sell it on ebay at times. Not much for blocking it eh?

Murgatroyd
12th May 2005, 5:03 AM
There's already been enough *****ing about the big changes. I won't add more.

I'm kind of disappointed that they cut out one of my favorite little scenes. After the phone call where Jun'ichi informs Kenta of his plans regarding Marina, and warns him off her, Marina asks Kenta what Jun'ichi wanted. Kenta's response: "Oh, he was just saying he wanted to battle me sometime."
And they cut that scene out entirely.

Kenta99
12th May 2005, 6:53 AM
There's already been enough *****ing about the big changes. I won't add more.

I'm kind of disappointed that they cut out one of my favorite little scenes. After the phone call where Jun'ichi informs Kenta of his plans regarding Marina, and warns him off her, Marina asks Kenta what Jun'ichi wanted. Kenta's response: "Oh, he was just saying he wanted to battle me sometime."
And they cut that scene out entirely.

Jeez! Can this special get any worse? The DVD better have the scene

Chris
12th May 2005, 7:00 AM
Chances are it won't. The only instance of scenes being kept after being edited for TV was the recent Deoxys movie.

Kenta99
12th May 2005, 7:46 AM
Chances are it won't. The only instance of scenes being kept after being edited for TV was the recent Deoxys movie.

Unless it was cut for airtime. They compress movies due to scheduling for other shows

Gravy
12th May 2005, 9:16 AM
Unless it was cut for airtime. They compress movies due to scheduling for other shows
The only thing Cartoon Network and Toonami cut down for airtime over here are the ending credits for a show, or eyecatches if they were actually used from what I can gather. Everything else usually stays pretty much intact.

Chris
12th May 2005, 9:35 AM
Either the cut was made for airtime or 4Kids didn't want one guy arguing with another about making a certain girl his and trying to get him to admit to having feelings for her. If it's the second choice, then that's perhaps the dumbest considering everything involving love that's occured.

Murgatroyd
12th May 2005, 11:27 AM
Either the cut was made for airtime or 4Kids didn't want one guy arguing with another about making a certain girl his and trying to get him to admit to having feelings for her. If it's the second choice, then that's perhaps the dumbest considering everything involving love that's occured.
To clarify, they did keep the scene with Jun'ichi's warning. What they cut was Marina's question and Kenta's response.

Gaiash
12th May 2005, 4:02 PM
may I ask why your STILL bashing 4kids? I'd like to see you try and do better, of course you can't. Think of the hard work they put into their shows only to be bash by you lot. Also think about it would you rather Jimmy still be called Yoshi? Hes not a green dinosaur with a Chameleon tongue! Also you complain they made one character female, BIG DEAL I thought s/he was a woman since I heard of this special, You think 4kids wouldn't have thought people would think the same? We've been looking forward to this for quite some time and now its here you complain. Well screw you, I think the dub is awesome and anyone who dissagrees is blind to the truth

Alfonso
12th May 2005, 4:12 PM
may I ask why your STILL bashing 4kids? I'd like to see you try and do better, of course you can't. Think of the hard work they put into their shows only to be bash by you lot. Also think about it would you rather Jimmy still be called Yoshi? Hes not a green dinosaur with a Chameleon tongue! Also you complain they made one character female, BIG DEAL I thought s/he was a woman since I heard of this special, You think 4kids wouldn't have thought people would think the same? We've been looking forward to this for quite some time and now its here you complain. Well screw you, I think the dub is awesome and anyone who dissagrees is blind to the truth

...This, people, is the biggest cry for a huge STFU I have ever seen.

STFU!

...You know, yes. Yes we could do better. For one, we would have kept to the names given in 'Tie One On!', which I believe were said at the same time as 'Kenta' and 'Marina' in the Japanese version. Secondly, we wouldn't have made Bashou a woman. Thirdly, we wouldn't have cut scenes out pointlessly for no reason.

I bet you haven't even seen the Japanese version. And if you have, you have no taste whatsoever. Japanese Version > Dub. Music, voices and general feel. The dub has failed.

Gaiash
12th May 2005, 4:21 PM
...This, people, is the biggest cry for a huge STFU I have ever seen.

STFU!

...You know, yes. Yes we could do better. For one, we would have kept to the names given in 'Tie One On!', which I believe were said at the same time as 'Kenta' and 'Marina' in the Japanese version. Secondly, we wouldn't have made Bashou a woman. Thirdly, we wouldn't have cut scenes out pointlessly for no reason.

I bet you haven't even seen the Japanese version. And if you have, you have no taste whatsoever. Japanese Version > Dub. Music, voices and general feel. The dub has failed.
You are a fool!

4kids have reasons to cut scenes, do you ever watch non anime cartoons? Its a matter of what we call time. Its accully makes MORE sence for Bashou to be a woman, also if you wanted Jimmy to be called Yoshi then you are just stupid.

And I DO watch the Japanese vertion, I watch BOTH vertions, I accully am smart enough to like both! You just COMPARE the dub to the origanal, DO NOT do that just watch the dub as a show.

Alfonso
12th May 2005, 5:43 PM
You are a fool!

4kids have reasons to cut scenes, do you ever watch non anime cartoons? Its a matter of what we call time.

Lol lol lol lol. Yes, they cut scenes because of time. I suppose that's why Gravy said in Toonami don't cut scenes, and that they only cut things like eyecatches and such. :P And yet the scene I'm talking about was cut for both US and UK versions.

...And if it had anything to do with time, I'll see what happens in the DVD release. No problems about time there.

Its accully makes MORE sence for Bashou to be a woman, also if you wanted Jimmy to be called Yoshi then you are just stupid.

...How does it make sense for Bashou to be a woman instead of a man? Because he looks girly?

Yes, because Feminine Man = Woman. Great Logic. >.> Or maybe in the minds of 4Kids, it was Feminine Man = Homosexual = Must change to woman to make sure no one is offended! :0

Yoshi was the name given. They should have stuck to that. And if Jun'ichi WASN'T refering to Kenta and Marina in 'Tie One On!', (Which he was. :P) then they should have stuck with his name of JACKSON. Not Vincent. JACKSON.

And I DO watch the Japanese vertion, I watch BOTH vertions, I accully am smart enough to like both! You just COMPARE the dub to the origanal, DO NOT do that just watch the dub as a show.

*puts on his LOLLERSKATES and circles around Gaiash*

I like the Dub too. It's just that this particular dub sucks. We've got one character changed to a woman. Another character with his name changed, and a possible two others having their name changed also. We've also got the pasts of Buson and Bashou changed too. In the dub, Sebastian asks who Bashou's new partner is.

In the Japanese version, nothing about Buson being Bashou's 'new partner' was said. (From several of the comments made, Buson had had a lot of experience working with Bashou. "You're serious as always, Bashou!") In fact, Sebastian didn't even know EITHER of them, never mind knowing Bashou. >.>

Kanadian Kyuubi
12th May 2005, 6:16 PM
What is going on with 4Kids? First Arbok evolves into Seviper, then Attila is a WOMAN?! Talk about a Gender-Bender. What was the professor's dub name? I predicted Professor Bleda.

Waterlight
12th May 2005, 6:18 PM
Actually, it was Hun, not Atilla who's gender was changed.

Alfonso
12th May 2005, 6:31 PM
What is going on with 4Kids? First Arbok evolves into Seviper, then Attila is a WOMAN?! Talk about a Gender-Bender. What was the professor's dub name? I predicted Professor Bleda.

...Sebastian. He was in the Lake of Rage episodes, and kept his previous name.

Well, maybe not. They never actually *mentioned* his name in this.

Sharpshooter
12th May 2005, 6:39 PM
Despite all the mess-ups I still enjoyed it. I've never seen the Japanese version before I saw this one so I always under the presumption Bashou was a women :p(although looking back on it she has no tits so male no doubt).

From people who have seen both versions was there any over-shippyness by 4kids between Jimmy and Marina? Or did that all follow the script?

TeddiUrsa
12th May 2005, 6:41 PM
uhm,Gaiash...how does it make sense too change a man into a woman?
I wonder...I think they should have changes the woman from sex & the city into a man, it make smore sense this way...-.-

And yoshi is a normal japanese name, the problem with the name was that they changes a japanese name into another one. jimmy is a awful random-crap name for a main charater and it´s stupid too rename an already mentioned character ( Jun´ichis name change was even dumper). I prefer the first name because they CHOSE too name him that way about 2 years ago..why should the name change be good?

and time cuts are just there too make neough space for commercials..how is that good? yeah 4Kids gets more money too buy more good animes like one piece and ruin them...-.-

the pokemon dub was never really bad it was okay for me ( the only point i really dislike is the change inthe music) but this dub sucks. end of the story

Alfonso
12th May 2005, 6:45 PM
Despite all the mess-ups I still enjoyed it. I've never seen the Japanese version before I saw this one so I always under the presumption Bashou was a women :p(although looking back on it she has no tits so male no doubt).

From people who have seen both versions was there any over-shippyness by 4kids between Jimmy and Marina? Or did that all follow the script?

...Marina seemed a little extra pushy in the dub version. I mean, she teased in the Japanese version, but... there was just something in the way she said 'I missed you' that was so... -_- They made her sound all cute and sad and aluring as she said it, on purpose, to make it look like she was OMG IN TEH LOVE. Some of it was in the original, some of it not.

...Of course, she then proceeded to shove 'FabuLance' (Which I suppose is supposed to be Dub Version of 'Wataru-sama'.) down Kenta's throat. Hard. So I wouldn't say that it was a set thing that there was something going on, or that something would ever going to come of it. :3

Gotta love how Marina-chan calls Jun'ichi 'Darling'. Jesus, that was cute. *nods* And... XD! She 'talks to Jun'ichi all the time'. I liked that line. *nods*

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th May 2005, 10:13 PM
FabuLance isn't so bad.

Geez...new partners? New partners don't work together like a well-oiled machine the way B&B do!

Kanadian Kyuubi
12th May 2005, 10:34 PM
Really, I never knew a Legend of Thunder TR member was in a regular episode. They should have put his name on the page with the TR members from this episode.

Alfonso
12th May 2005, 11:48 PM
But tell me when ISN'T Gravy complaining about something?

Well, with a member with such veiws as your own, I don't see how Gravy can't complain. :rolleyes: Seriously, leave him out of this. o.o He's a cool dude.

Also its not 4kids who cut out the scenes anyway, the TV companies tell them which scenes to cut

...WTF. No they don't. If it were the TV companies, then way does a lot of the stuff taken out taken out the world over? The UK has different channels, and yet has the same version as the USA. :P And even if they didn't, you're still wrong.

Well makes more sence to me and the KIDS. Please THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

Feminine guys and homosexuals are common place in the world. The last thing they need to be doing in America is covering stuff up. (Seriously, Anime= Helps people get over homophobia.)

Or maybe just maybe they thought that questions like "Why is that guy dressed like a woman?" would be asked by the KIDS. 4kids dub FOR kids thats kinda why they are called 4kids, we just happen to LIKE it.

Then you're a fool, and everyone agrees with me on that. 'By 4Kids FOR the kids'... what sort of f*cking retarded way of thinking is that. So you like being looked down on, do you? You like being viewed as something that hasn't got half of a brain? S+M Queens would love you.

Last name anyone? Besides Vincents a better name. Plus remember these guys don't go on online SPP sites which have info on Japanese episodes, when they got this episode they may have thought "Wait a muintites THESE are the trainers he was talking about? We can't call the GSC hero Yoshi" As for why Jackson was changed to Vincent well maybe they didn't like him being called Jackson. Honestly would you really want Jimmy to be called Yoshi? Do you know who Yoshi is? Hes that green dinosaur you ride around in Mario games, he was called Yoshi before because he was a name being mentioned and they didn't know they'd be important, remember they thought once Ash caught Charmander they'd never see Charmander again.

...For f*cks sakes. I don't believe someone actually took on board Geodude's, quite (No offense, dude. But seriously, were you smoking something at the time? o.o) lame and retarded suggestion. Last name my a*s. Jackson was his name, and they've changed it. No f*cking question about it. You don't go around refering to yourself by your last name, do you? No. And you don't ask people to do the same, do you? "Oh, hello. My name is Jones. Please call me Jones instead of Robert." :3 ...>.>

That was 4Kids being morons. It clearly said at the end of the script that Charmander had been kept by Ash.

Remember 4kids is aiming at people who havn't seen the Japanese vertion

...So it's okay to b*llshit people then? And Jun'ichi was named Jackson in the American version, and then changed to Vincent in the American version. Americans who hadn't seen the Japanese version would know that, at least.

-_-

Gravy
13th May 2005, 12:40 AM
But tell me when ISN'T Gravy complaining about something?
Wait...what?
Why did you even try to drag me into this? All I've been doing, if you'd actually read my posts, was providing a few miniscule facts concerning how Toonami tend to operate. I haven't once complained here, so there was no need to say such a thing~

And really, when I DO complain, I actually do back up my opinions, and provide positive veiws also, so...yeah~

Aquamaster
13th May 2005, 12:44 AM
Hello, I'm knew here, mind telling me what this is all about?

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th May 2005, 1:11 AM
Basically, Legend of Thunder was dubbed, huge mistakes were made, and a man was turned into a woman, and now people are angry beyond belief.

TeddiUrsa
13th May 2005, 1:27 AM
uhm..gaiash..the japanese version of pokemon is FOR KIDS as well..tell me why japanese kids can handle a feminin looking guy yet while other kids can´t?
and about you commentary about the name changes..it has nothing to do with being an otaku or a geeky fanboy/girl...a company should recognize a character who appeared once..it like naming casey "casey" in her first episode and naming her "betty" in the second...
urgs...start THINKING! everyone is proving that you´re wrong, live with it...enough for today ~.~