PDA

View Full Version : WTF times

Pingouin7
21st March 2009, 11:34 PM
Were there any moments when you felt like yelling "WTF????" in D/P/Pt?

If yes, then post on this thread!

Once, I traded to someone (not on these forums) for Pokémon I knew were PokéSav'd (I don't have them anymore so it doesn't matters.)

The thing is, they had Premier Ribbon. WTF is that Ribbon? It's like the Classic Ribbon, but with more ribbonish stuff behind it, it has two red strips over the gold medal and the rest is red. It prevents Pokémon to be put on the GTS.

Why would Game Freak make a Ribbon like that if there's alerady the Classic Ribbon?

Lord Scalgon
22nd March 2009, 12:17 AM
Maybe you should've named the title 'WTH times' because...well, I wonder if kids would ask their moms what that F stands for.

Anyway, the only moment I can think of from the top of my head is that I was like 'wtf' (or wth...either way works) when I hatched a shiny Adamant Larvitar. It possessed Boah's IV's...but too bad it isn't a Quiet nature. Oh well.

Charaligatr
22nd March 2009, 12:33 AM
Maybe you should've named the title 'WTH times' because...well, I wonder if kids would ask their moms what that F stands for.

Clearly, it stands for fiddlesticks.

Anyways, on topic. Battle towers gives me a lot of those moments. Like when things survive with 1 hp with focus sashs, moves miss like 3 times in a row and, on higher levels, the opponent always having pokemon that cause mine trouble.

Ellie
22nd March 2009, 1:18 AM
Moving to My DP Games. Threads that have more to do with your own experiences go there.

brisngr9021
22nd March 2009, 1:21 AM
The time on battle tower when my pokemon got paralyzed. Every turn, it's move was paralyzed. Then, I get past the para. It missed. =|
Or the time I had 1PP left going against a Shedinja, used Flamethrower, and it focus sashed. I was not a happy-gamer! >=[

JerisEnigma
22nd March 2009, 1:46 AM
UGH the battle tower makes me SOO angry... Its the only thing keeping me from my black card. First off, Shedinja should be BANNED like... from the game, but mostly from the tower. I mean come on. And second, when I get to maybe 25 or higher and I'm soo happy that I'm progressing and kicking major booty, then suddenly my whole team is like retarded and blind apparently going MISS MISS MISS oops I'm dead. Try again next time! ^_^ From the START. -^_^-

WTF
or WTH heehee

COKTAL
22nd March 2009, 1:52 AM
Mine was a better side of this, but I still was thinking that. It was earlier today and I was facing Cynthia w/ my fire mono challenge team. I was left w/ just my level 41 Torkoal against here Lucario who was @ 1/2 HP. I was out of revives and Torkoal was last standing. She used Aura Sphere and left me hanging w/ 3 HP. Then I use Lava Plume and get a Critical to win.

GlaceonBoy
22nd March 2009, 5:37 PM
I Was Battling Azelf It Was Burned and On Low HP I Used A Ultra Ball and It Didn't Even Wiggle Once :(

XX Matty XX

;471;

professoroak
24th March 2009, 3:20 AM
The Lake Trio were the three left I had until I got the national dex and I couldn't catch any of them! I tried every ball except for the masterball and just ended up deciding to kill them and not worry about it (I wasn't planning on using them anyway). And again, I was wandering through Turnback Cave (I knew it was where Giratina was, I just had no idea how to get it) and it just turned up out of no where. And Giratina was 10x easier to catch than the trio! It's just one of those time when you think to yourself... wtf?

Virtuos
24th March 2009, 12:39 PM
i caught a medicham.
goes to snowpoint.
goes to the girl who wants medicham.
trades for haunter.
recieves haunter.
HAS EVERSTONE

FTW

made me hate sweet npcs

burgaz62
25th March 2009, 6:43 AM
I was one pokemon from facing the tower tycoon for the second time. Of course I was facing a Nidoqueen with a focus band. It survived My first attack thanks to Focus band. I thought nothing of it. I send out my next pokemon. Move misses. Nidoqueen attacks. Move hits but focus band activates. I get killed. I was pretty fiddlesticking angry by now. I sent out my last pokemon. A critical hit, and focus band activates AGAIN. Then nidoqueen gets a critical hit and kills my last pokemon. I just sat there looking at the DS, with my eye twitching. i was sitting there, for like half an hour.

zlxq3000
25th March 2009, 10:22 PM
Not really related to fourth-gen, but still, this was a time that I was ready to yell at the game...

So I'm playing Colosseum's Mt. Battle to get a Ho-oh, and there's something wrong with my memory card so that I can't save my progress, meaning I have to go through all 100 same-level-as-mine battles in one go. Meaning I was up until around 3 AM battling (started at around noon, I think). Anyway, I get to the last guy, and wipe out all but his last pokemon. He sends it out. Kyogre. I tried to faint it so many times by using a combination of two pokemon: first one of them would put it to sleep, then another would use Thunderbolt and kill it. Simple. However, the Kyogre also happens to be incredibly fast, so I'd have a 50/50 chance of my first pokemon putting it to sleep before it Hydro Pumps it to death (and its Hydro Pump NEVER MISSED. Not once.).

Anyway, I battle this thing, like, 30 times, and it always kills me; by the time I've gotten to it, my party's pretty hurt, so I've pretty much only got one shot every time. I finally manage to put it to sleep and keep it asleep for the one round it takes for me to switch out pokemon. I launch the Thunderbolt, it's Super Effective, I've won... "KYOGRE held on using its FOCUS BAND!"

Hydro Pump. Dead.

I've never been more ****** off at pokemon in my life.

I did get the Ho-oh eventually, but boy, was it a pain...

JeexCore
25th March 2009, 10:36 PM
a Budew had 1 hp left and it took me 4 great ball to catch it.....there was a big WTF sign on top of my head...seriously xD

Infernape1
26th March 2009, 9:15 AM
i hate it when i tried breeding a female chimchar with a ditto no matter what i got a ditto is it a glitch but i stayed up all night tryibg to get it to work like wtf

Shikyobi
26th March 2009, 9:39 AM
I was messing around in Battle Tower with a team of just the Sinnoh starters and I got fissured once by a Nidoking, then Guillotined twice from a Crawdaunt because I missed one of my attacks. I wasn't really mad since this was after the Tower Tycoon but seriously how do you get OHKOed 3 times in a row with attacks that work only 30% of the time?

Torterra-417
21st April 2009, 1:27 AM
I was honestly surprised at the following:

-Uxie with two Ultra Balls
-Azelf with three Great Balls
-Heatran with two Dusk Balls
-Palkia with ONE QUICK BALL!

And then:

-Shinx with nine Repeat Balls... T_T

Pity me.

Virtuos
23rd April 2009, 3:12 PM
another one.
BT, battling crawdaunt, last pokemon.
i had my gallade sticking out.
gonna used swords dance.
QUICK CLAW ACTIVATES>?
crawdaunt uses guillotine.
KO
Sent out drapion.
used cross poison
foe used crabhammer.
going to end it with another cross poison.
QUICK CLAW ACTIVATES>?
used guillotine
KO
Sent out marowak
gonna use bonemerang.
QUICK CLAW ACTIVATES>?
used guillotine
KO

;201-f;;201-t;;201-w;

sweet_piplup123
24th April 2009, 5:42 AM
Wasting a lot of Pokeballs on Beldum, eventually I tried to battle it with my Banette (ghost lol) but when Take down ran out, guess what? Struggle. Beldum killed itself and yep...so frustrating.

Virtuos
24th April 2009, 6:37 AM
Wasting a lot of Pokeballs on Beldum, eventually I tried to battle it with my Banette (ghost lol) but when Take down ran out, guess what? Struggle. Beldum killed itself and yep...so frustrating.

same here, second beldum swarm today :[

sweet_piplup123
27th April 2009, 3:07 AM
Accidentally poisoning Mesprit with Golbat, had to force myself to use Master Ball.

...yep.

bookist
27th April 2009, 9:24 PM
I was messing around in Battle Tower with a team of just the Sinnoh starters and I got fissured once by a Nidoking, then Guillotined twice from a Crawdaunt because I missed one of my attacks. I wasn't really mad since this was after the Tower Tycoon but seriously how do you get OHKOed 3 times in a row with attacks that work only 30% of the time?

I have had a similar experience, hence why you always bring a pokemon with sturdy in the battle tower. To answer your question it is literally set against you. Oh and the accuracy is about 85% not 30% in this case.

My WTF moment? It was harder to catch beldum than Palkia. Seriously...

Virtuos
28th April 2009, 2:32 AM

beldum have a catch rate of 3, same to legendaries. i chucked nearlly 50 balls until beldum killed itself.

My kricketune owned mars' purugly with one furycutter! HAH!

Kariachi
1st May 2009, 7:04 PM
WTF time. Just fought Cyrus today.

He sends out Sneasel, I send out Kirlia.
Kirlia switches to Scyther, Sneasel Ice Punchs. Scyther is Frozen solid.
Scyther switches to Flareon, Sneasel Ice Punchs. Flareon is Frozen solid.
Flareon thaws and uses Fire Spin(don't ask), misses, Sneasel uses Slash.
Flareon uses Fire Spin again, misses again, Sneasel uses Slash. Flareon is in the red.
Use FRZ Cure on Scyther, Sneasel uses Slash again, Flareon is down.
Switch in Scyther, Sneasel uses Beat Up.
Scyther uses X-Scissor, Sneasel is down.
He switches in Golbat, I switch Kirlia back.
Golbat uses Crunch, critical hit, Kirlia is out.
Switch in Luxray, Golbat uses Crunch.
Luxray uses Spark, Golbat is out.
Cyrus switches in Murkrow.
Luxray uses Spark. Win.

People were wondering why I was sitting there swearing... I was, at lowest, 6 levels higher than his pokemon!

DoubleJG3288
3rd May 2009, 12:43 AM
The most recent WTF moment that I can remember was when my ex-gf gave me a shiny Vulpix as a gift that she received through a wifi trade. Now, all of the stats and numbers checked out, however, once I evolved it into a Ninetales, it lost its nickname...

WTF

shuckle_master
2nd July 2009, 3:48 PM
One time I was battling my little sister and I used poison gas one her mew ( and my drowzee had 1 hp left ) but I forgot that her mew had the ability synchronize so I got poisoned too, but THEN her mew used a berry to cure her poisoning, and my drowzee fainted from the poisoning!

2Bizzle
2nd July 2009, 5:11 PM
Accidentaly used a master ball on articuno....

Volt of Noid
2nd July 2009, 5:14 PM
OMG, there was this one time where I had like a 40 win streak in battle tower, and i was all pumped and ready for another 7. I was doing real good leading up to this. So i go in and the first trainer has a dragonite. My Blaziken died one hit, only to have my second pokemon, latias, die from dragonites dragon pulse. WTF

Joe Vega #4
2nd July 2009, 6:19 PM
When my EV trained team lost to a Camerupt in the Battle Tower.

The_Vorpal_Tom
3rd July 2009, 1:09 AM
First time I saw most of the Sinnoh Pokemon, I went WTF?

And... I WTF a LOT at the Tower. Mostly when a magneton decides randomly to hold a Cheri Berry and paralyze my Alakazam. Synch, and it cures itself? Wow... Talk about damn CPU... Same thing with Focus Band.

Shine
3rd July 2009, 1:27 AM

Both Dialga & Palkia has 30 catch rate, while Beldum is 3 ;)

For me, it was when my Super Luck Absol does not do a critical hit for 6 times in a row. Seriously, it uses Night Slash with Scope Lens equipped....should have 50:50 chance for a critical hit.

Mark_Chaos
3rd July 2009, 2:10 AM
When I was trying to catch Moltres, I used so many Dusk, Ultra, and Quick Balls on it, it wasn't even funny. I finally gave up and used a Master Ball. Luckily, I had two, but I did not want to waste them.
My LV 100 Salamance took a hit from one of Candice's pokemon, and it was brought down to near red, this was in the Battle Grounds.
Groudon using Thunder and it missed about a good 7 out of the 12 PP it had... in a row...

sasukeanditachi
3rd July 2009, 2:16 AM
When I was trying to catch Moltres, I used so many Dusk, Ultra, and Quick Balls on it, it wasn't even funny. I finally gave up and used a Master Ball. Luckily, I had two, but I did not want to waste them.
My LV 100 Salamance took a hit from one of Candice's pokemon, and it was brought down to near red, this was in the Battle Grounds.
Groudon using Thunder and it missed about a good 7 out of the 12 PP it had... in a row...

Sunny puts down thunders accuracy
My WTF moment was beating the elite four witha lvl 58,55,49,43,40 and 40
That was when I noticed they suck

Zonn13
3rd July 2009, 2:35 AM
I've had one recently, but it's more of a glitch. The other day, I was chaining Snover, but it broke to a shiny Meditite. The chain was my highest on that game. Then, I went on my Diamond again yesterday, and the Poketch app said that I chained Meditite. I don't know why this is. Nothing like that has happened to me before. I'm a little concerned, because it may be a glitch. Is my game messed up or something?

As for something non-glitchy... the first time I played through Diamond, and I went to catch Dialga, I accidentally killed it. I was about to reset, but... I then realized that did not save that entire day. ._.; I started right after Canalave that day, all the way from there to catching Dialga. (Please note that this was a little over two years ago) To this day, I save like a crazy person.

MamoBlaze 2
10th July 2009, 4:00 AM
I was trying to destroy my record of 28 wins at the battle factory. I have been having the worst luck for the longest time but I eventually made it to the 3rd fight of the 3rd set of battles...you know, the one where you fight the head. The pokemon I pick are Hippowdon, Hypno, and Lucario.

So, the AI sends out Mamoswine and uses hail. I'm like "Ok, Superpower!", but it missed because of snow cloak. Mamoswine uses EQ, so I try again. Superpower!! It misses again so Hippowdon dies from a second EQ. Then I think, "Oh Lucario with metallic sheen, use close combat and kill this fiend". IT MISSED!! From then on the rest of the team got EQ raped. I hate evasion.

Beotium
11th July 2009, 7:59 AM
I had a friendly match and used my Mr. Mime against his Swellow. When it had just 1/3 of HP I decided to use Confusion(Don't ask) I criticaled it..and then: "It is confused" and holds on Focusband.It was bad I don't thought much of it than maybe it hit itdself to death before it "endeavors". Luckily it hits itself out of confusion but "it held itself on the friggin' focusband" I was seriously like wth never heard or seen it before..Now it shouldn't surprise me if focusband protects you from an explosion use..

gamerdude123
11th July 2009, 8:31 AM
my WTF moment was when i read shellos's pokedex entry

Beware of pushing strongly on its squishy body, as it makes a mysterious purple fluid ooze out.
then i use mega punch on it in double battle and nothing happened wheres the fluid

AlCario
11th July 2009, 8:57 AM
My most WTF moments occur in Battle tower, like stuff critical hitting twice in a row, moves with low accuracy like blizzard hitting repeatedly, focus sash/flail tactics, Blisseys... and many more

LemurX
12th July 2009, 8:33 AM
Biggest WTF moment in all of my Pokemon playing happened in Battle Tower...

It was early in my streak and I was doing fine, and the trainer I'm on sends out his last pokemon, a Munchlax.
Now, my Empoleon had demolished the other two of his pokemon, but it must have been worn down to really low health... Because this is when the Munchlax does the unthinkable.

After I hit it with Surf, it goes for Metronome.

It gets Transform

And sweeps my team with my own Empoleon.

Rabidmunchlax
17th July 2009, 11:28 PM
On platinum in the battle hall, I'm on the 49th battle with my LVL 69 electivire knowing thunderpunch, icepunch, crosschop and EQ. Guess what I ended up facing for a bug type

rocko
18th July 2009, 12:07 AM
shedninja? ^ hahah mine is getting 40-somethingth streak and my game froze

The Flash
18th July 2009, 12:19 AM
My WTF time is facing a Sceptile in the battle tower and getting swept by it. funny thing was...i counted 5 attacks...

growlithe_master
19th July 2009, 3:44 AM
this was a pretty big WTF moment for me. luckily, i was on the good end.

im facing factory head thorton in my platinum. ive been trying to beat this guy for weeks, but i usually dont even get to him. so i finally get to him, and he has two legendaries. TWO FREAKIN LEGENDARIES! and i won! but this is even weirder. that was on open level. so i try on level 50. and i beat him again! seriously, i got lucky that day.

xspicysnowballx
19th July 2009, 4:28 AM
As I'm reading these thread replies, I can't help but to laugh out loud.

Ok, ok. I remember my WTF moment.

When I found out the Mew that my friend gave me for my birthday was from a Gameshark.

I wanted to cave his head in.

Crazy Chaos
20th July 2009, 2:48 AM
I got one.

I put up a pokemon up on the GTS for trade for a Mew (I can't remember what pokemon...)
I came back a while later, and my pokemon got traded, so as I was watching the cutscene for trading pokemon, I was thinking: "Hmmm...Wouldn't it be weird/cool if this Mew was a shiny?" Then when I got the Mew, It was a shiny!!!:o WTF!?!?!?!?!

Kariachi
20th July 2009, 5:10 AM
^ That reminded me of one of mine.

Decided I wanted a Duskull, but was too lazy to go searching for one, so I went on the GTS for one. Offered up a female Houndour with Dark Pulse for one. I come back to find the trade done, cheered in the middle of my college's lounge as a red Duskull appeared on the screen.

tom-tom
20th July 2009, 5:33 AM
mine was when i caught my level 70 dialga with a single pokeball

Tadashi
20th July 2009, 6:30 AM
I've a WTF moment.

I received a shiny Dialga in a trade and decided to test it out in battle. After I defeated a random wild Pokémon, the game froze. I panicked, thinking "OMG what if this Dialga's got some kind of virus that'll mess up my game?!" I reset the DS, and luckily my game was fine. Haven't touched that Dialga since.

Noheart
20th July 2009, 6:52 PM
Well, I was in the Battle Tower, there was a bug catcher who said "Look at my giant HERACROSS!"

...Only he didn't have a Heracross.

o_o

(yeah, I'm a negative thinker like that)

King Edwin
21st July 2009, 3:45 AM
This happened to me today, although it was a good WTF moment.
I was trying to catch a gengar in the Old Chateau eye room, and I couldnt find any and I just kept running into a bunch of Gastlys. I tried the "have a level 16 pokemon at the front of your team and use a Max Repel" trick to give myself a better chance, but still, nothing. i went through five Max Repels, and still nothing. After the fifth repel expired, I took one step, litterally just one step, and boom, Gengar. And then I caught it at full health in a nest ball.(well, gengar isnt that hard to catch). Yeah.

Ludi-Cola
22nd July 2009, 11:17 PM
Best WTF moment was on Sunday altho it started negatively.
I love the GTS but it's slow to connect me during peak hours. I saw a shiny Seadra w/ Dragon Scale and the trainer requested a 50+ Infernape. "Hooray I have one of those!" I thought and clicked, watching the clock tick away happily on my screen until "unfortunately it was traded to another trainer" message appeared. Disapointed but continued to search for other pokemon anyone and came across Lvl 100 Regigigas trainer wanting female Combee. Traded and found out that it was a Japanese event pokemon! Legit too (OT 07198, cherish ball, moveset, fateful encounter message).

King Edwin
23rd July 2009, 5:06 AM
^Dang, the person with the Regigas ripped themself off big-time. You got really lucky there.

If only I had Wi-Fi. Damn you DS Lite and your incompatability with WPA! The Wii works with it, so why doesn't the DS!

Although that's probably a rant I should save for a tech thread or something.

On topic: I tried to migrate from my FireRed today, and since I hadn't migrated since before Daylight Savings time, it told me that I couldn't migrate until I updated the time on my DS's clock. It asked if I wanted to update the time and I pressed "YES". After the update, it said I couldn't migrate for another 24 hours! WTF! It says I cant migrate until I update the time, and then tells me after the update I have to wait 24 hours! That's like the Wii telling you you have to wait 24 hours after a system update. It's a minor inconvenience, but it's still annoying. Whatever.

brit-angel
23rd July 2009, 5:27 AM
I was battling my friend and we were doing a full team battle that were supposed to be around level 55. We were both a bit lower then that but he had shown me his level 100 Arcanine a few minutes ahead of the battle. Unfortunately for me, he forgot to switch it. I had to take down all five of his level 50+ pokemon and his level 100 Arcanine. He chose a poor team though. There were two fire types and two water types. Anyway, the surprising part is that I actually beat him. It was with my Infernape's mach punch and him not knocking it out earlier.

Kiruria
24th July 2009, 3:11 AM
Best WTF moment in Diamond:
I had both Diamond and Pearl and thought that I could trade between the two games using the GTS. I was trying to trade my Manaphy in Pearl over to Diamond, so in Diamond, I put a Machoke into the GTS and asked for a Manaphy. I started up Pearl and tried searching for my Machoke on the GTS, but it didn't show up. I tried a few times over the next few days, but still nothing. Eventually I gave up, but forgot to take my Machoke out of the GTS. A few months later, I remembered the Machoke, and decided to take it out to see if it had evolved. But when I went to take it out, I instead got a Manaphy!

Best WTF moment in Pearl:
I was battling Cynthia with a team of level 52 Pokemon, which is VERY hard to do without losing. At one point my Vespiquen went up against her Lucario. My Vespiquen kept using the three Order attacks, and on some turns I used healing items instead. It was a VERY long battle, but my Vespiquen finally KO'd Lucario, and by that time she had maxed-out Defense and Special Defense and nearly full HP. The next Pokemon Cynthia sent out was Milotic, but I didn't switch because if I did, Vespiquen would lose her stat boosts. On the very first turn, Milotic KO'd my Vespiquen with a critical-hit Ice Beam. >_______<

WynautQueen
24th July 2009, 3:17 AM
Battle Frontier, doing the rental battle. I ended up with a lot of not so impressive Pokemon. Using a Vileplume against a Gastrodon, I spammed Double Team while defeating it with Toxic and Leech Seed. When an Infernape was thrown out. I managed to defeat it, and the Magmortar that came after it, all with that Vileplume.

I really wish I had saved a video.

Oh. That's Platinum. Ah well.

HMTQ - Madge
24th July 2009, 10:49 AM
I hope this moment counts...

There was a specific moment in Pearl when I seriously WTF'd at myself for my stupidity. It was at the Spear Pillar, when you had to fight those three bosses in a row. It took me a while to beat them, so I felt relieved once I did. I then go in to fight Palkia... and half way through the battle I realize I don't have a good enough strategy and need to start over. Guess who forgot to save before the battle?

I hadn't saved since before the three boss fights. I had to do them all over again. I was seriously WTFing at myself for being a moron. I hope my Palkia appreciates what I went through to get him. D<

kimy1688
25th July 2009, 10:33 PM
Well it's weird but only time was when, in the Battle Tower, the oppenent sent out Rotom. Isn't there only one? :p

Pingouin7
25th July 2009, 10:54 PM
Rotom can breed so there's more.

Charizard86
25th July 2009, 11:16 PM
Biggest WTF moment for me was in the Battl;e hall. I was battling Argenta with my Infernape & her random choice is Luxray. After 50 battles to get this far I obviously want to end this quickly and so judged by my pokmeon stats & considering that Luxray has pretty much equal defences I used flamethrower which takes off over half it's HP. I sence victory in the air. Luxray hits back with thunderbolt and....I'm paralysed!!!! One attack later I'm out and have to start over. I was one step from victory and a measly 10&#37; chance of paralysis costs me over an hour of my life. ARRRRGH!!!!

kimy1688
26th July 2009, 1:53 PM
Rotom can breed so there's more.
Oh yeah, good point. Well, wonder where they found one though..
I also did when I was happily training my level 26 or something Chimchar (now like level 38 so this was yesterday) and I beat a level 39 Kricketune and was like 'yay :)' so I did again and the Kricketune was like level 47. I was like OMG. Kricketune used X-scissor, Chimchar dies. I know most trainers train before they battle again, but I REALLY didn't see this one coming X)

Tyranitar trainer
26th July 2009, 8:57 PM
I was doing double battles in the battle hall with 2 Empoleons
I was doing the fire class rank nine and the guy sent out 2 heatrans

BlueMew7
26th July 2009, 9:53 PM
I had made it to the Battle Factory's Frontier Brain and I was battling him to get my gold print. I already had the silver print from him when I beat him the first time. So what happened was the frontier brain had a Weavile. It used Ice punch on my Empoleon (I had already set up one stealth rock and two layers of toxic spikes, which gave Empoleon a 100&#37; chance of OHKO for any pokemon that had normal effectiveness and super effectiveness, and having a 1HKO-2HKO for pokemon that had a 2x or 4x resistence to water. Empoleon also had a Pattaya Berry and Torrent was activated) and my Empoleon became frozen. Since Torrent was activate, Empoleon barely had any health left, I can't remember how much since it was so long ago, but I know that it was extremely low. Empoleon was my last pokemon too. So I knew it was hopeless. I was still frozen the next turn and Empoleon fainted and I lost! It's ok now, because I got the gold print a few days later.

espeon13x
26th July 2009, 9:58 PM
i was catching zapdos on platinum, and i used over 300 ultra balls, 50 quick balls, and 20 of every other ball, and i caught him with a luxary ball, after about 60, and it was a bad nature. and the whole time it was paralyzed, and in red HP. i used all my money.

Bestemnx
27th July 2009, 12:41 AM
39 chained Shinx. One more until I just keep resetting poke-radar for a shiny.

Step in a patch of grass....and the chain was broken. By a Shinx. WTF???

Have no idea how THAT happened. Boy was I PO'd

EDIT: Sorry for the double post!!!!

PokeN3rd
27th July 2009, 3:13 AM
Yes, I have had a few of those moments. Banded Mence vs Kingler in the Battle Hall. I used Outrage, it missed! Brightpowder BS! It hit me with Guillotine and I was quite upset. I was at 211 on that run, I dislike the AI stacked hax but oh well, more incentive to try harder.

Ludi-Cola
28th July 2009, 3:22 PM

Did you stepped outside the radar range by accident (I do that all the time lol), or have Repel wore off and meet Shinx on a non-radar tile? I can't remember if there are places where wild Shinx are high enough level to use Roar but that breaks a chain too. Hopefully you can try again and suceed, if you've got a Static-pokemon like Pikachu or Elekid put it in your party and your even more likely to find Shinx.

EDIT: Ok only spot where they'd know Roar is Fuego Ironworks. Thank you D/P/Pt pokedex page.

ares43
28th July 2009, 3:26 PM
Biggest WTF moment? I was in the Battle arcade on the 48th battle and I had to switch teams with my opponent. Of course, I got destroyed.

Krake
28th July 2009, 3:28 PM
While I was in the Battle Tower, I went up against a Venusaur who kept on using Giga Drain, even though I'm pretty sure it only has 5 pp.

Needless to say, I lost.

Pingouin7
29th July 2009, 6:45 AM
Giga Drain has 10 PP in D/P/Pt.

But I'm pretty sure the NPC's have infinite PP anyways.

Sir Gaga
29th July 2009, 7:07 PM
My team of lvl. 60 Mudkips got beat by a team of lvl. 40 Torchics.

Vulpixel
31st July 2009, 2:30 PM
No major WTF moments in my current Pearl, but in my last Pearl... I beat Byron and his huge pain in the butt Bastiodon, beat Candice (her Pokemon were easy but the puzzle... ugh!), did the whole Spear Plliar thing, caught Palkia, and... the game got turned off somehow. I think my DS battery died. And then after I repeated everything I tried to catch Giratina. A very similar thing to sweet_piplup123's Beldum. It struggled and killed itself. I caught it second try though. And Darkri... I really don't want to talk about it. Let's just say that I'll be serching for an Alimos Darkri forever...

Shine
31st July 2009, 6:42 PM

EDIT: Sorry for the double post!!!!

You can delete your own post, so go ahead and delete the double post ;)
And Pokeradar chain CAN break on its own, I goes WTF when that happened to me for the first time.

COKTAL
31st July 2009, 6:52 PM
In my Diamond's Double Battle streak, I was in the mid to late 30's, and I lost due to insane amounts of Flinchs+criticals. My Bronzong (needed to set up Trick Room), flinched 5 times in a row from a Gyrados Waterfall, getting KOed before it ever got to attack. Then the rest of the match was all Critical Hits against me.

M4zz
31st July 2009, 6:56 PM
Being unable to catch a Shroomish in the Pal park. i know its kind of an instant catch, but I couldnt. It broke free! I tried the capture challenge again and It worked.

Ixin
31st July 2009, 7:10 PM
good WTF moment, facing pal,mer on 21 battle, his milotic killed 2 of my pokes and left my latios asleep with 6 hp left, his pokes didn't even have a scratch, my latios woke up and swept his team with 6 hp left.

UmbreonLord
3rd August 2009, 8:32 PM
I was in the battle tower and I killed the opponents Tyranitar, then he switched in his last pokemon to my last, I had infernape and he had a gliscor with sand veil. I thought no problem, I have HP Ice. I miss and he hits me with Earthquake. A 63 win streak broken by sand veil :(

Escape Reality
3rd August 2009, 9:08 PM
Clearly, it stands for fiddlesticks.

Anyways, on topic. Battle towers gives me a lot of those moments. Like when things survive with 1 hp with focus sashs, moves miss like 3 times in a row and, on higher levels, the opponent always having pokemon that cause mine trouble.

a lot of my "wtf/wth" moments are in the battle frontier facilities rather than with other trainers. ;)

Aquarelle
4th August 2009, 9:01 AM
Once in the Battleground, I was battling Candice with my Gallade. I was up against Glaceon, and my Close Combats kept on missing due to its Snow Cloak ability.
Gallade ended up being murdered by multiple Blizzards. >_>

Another time in the Battleground, I was using my Rampardos against Gardenia. Rockslide missed about three times during this battle. Then when Roserade came out, I was about to use Earthquake on it, but then I decided to use Zen Headbutt as I did not think it would miss like Rockslide kept on doing. But I was wrong and Rampardos was killed by Leafstorm.

^Both of those scenarios really made me want to throw my DS against the wall, because these were LEVEL 100 Pokemon I was using.

Also, in the Battle Frontier, I have battled Pokemon whose quick claws, focus bands, OHKO moves, etc. work EVERY SINGLE TURN. On the other hand, whenever I use a move that has less than 100 accuracy, it seems to miss way more than it should.

leilukin
5th August 2009, 12:18 PM
I'm really surprised that:
-I just needed 3 tries to throw Ultra Ball to catch Dialga.
-My Lv47 Gyarados' Avalanche 2HKO Cynthia's Garchomp.

ungulateman
5th August 2009, 1:37 PM
One of my internet "friends" has had a Focus Band kick in five times in a row.

Also, I officially hate the Hax Frontier. Not to mention Argenta picking a ****ing Reflect-using Mespirit which refused to die...

Loupgarou
6th August 2009, 3:07 AM
I caught my Plat Palkia in the Quick Ball I threw as soon as the battle began.

My favorite wtf moments are both good ones:
1--My bf an I were tackling Arcade together, and he slipped and hit the team-swap. So it was My Sceptile and his Swampert and his Latios and whatever my other pokemon was being used against us.
In some huge show of luck, the Vileplume we got managed to KO the Swampert before dying horribly, and the Glalie we got managed to freeze his Latios long enough to KO our own hard-trained pokemon.

And, my favorite WTF?! :D moment of all: Chaining for shiny Eevees. After days upon days of failed attempts, I got a successful chain. The 8th Eevee I got is now the most incredible Pokemon I own. Calm nature, IVs of 31/31/27/27/29/31. I nearly passed out after the IV battle.

Pingouin7
6th August 2009, 3:42 AM
Palkia/Dialga/Shaymin got 30 catch rate...

AlCario
6th August 2009, 8:53 AM
I was in Battle Factory, and I had just put together a team of very strong pokemon: Metagross, Dragonite and Tyranitar. I was against: Milotic, Granbull, Porygon2. Metagross was 2HKOed by Milotic's surf, Dragonite fainted it but was somehow destroyed by Granbull. Tyranitar took out Granbull but ended up on low yellow thanks to its Rock Slide missing twice. Then it was Porygon2. Porygon2, which was faster than me, used Charge Beam and got me into the red zone, raised its Sp. attack. Tyranitar used Rock Slide, which Missed. Porygon used a random Status move and Tyranitar used Rock Slide, which finally hit. Got it to about half health. Thought I would get the job done with a move with reliable accuracy, so I chose Payback. The Porygon2 used Tri-Attack, which got me to 4 HP, and, by some amazing fluke, burned me. I used Payback, whose power was halved due to Burn, and got it to low red. Then, I lost due to burning. And it was like the 5th round or something.

cptmyname
10th August 2009, 2:47 AM
my whole experience of catching beldum
i had my weavile widdle down its hp after a few hit and a false swipe or two...
then i threw my dusk balls...fails..."throws"...fails..."throws"...FAILS... "THROWS"....etc...
it eventualy struggled its self to beldum heaven....
i gave up but then about a week later the telivision told me they were back...
soo i used a new tactic, all my pokemon had fling and held a leppa berry, soo i could heal its pp by ten 6 times, and i brought like 70 000 000 dusk balls, soo i went back and struck a dusk...

lets just it it struggled itself into beldum heaven... and i have COMPLETLY lost all faith in dusk balls.

then the next day they were there again, i was just strolling thru the route, saw a beldum, but for fun i decided to throw ONE ultra ball at full hp and no status.
guess what worked?

WTF!?!?!?!?!?
probably shoudn't of yelled that on the school bus, at the time my principal was talking to the driver T.T

zlxq3000
10th August 2009, 5:15 AM
my whole experience of catching beldum
i had my weavile widdle down its hp after a few hit and a false swipe or two...
then i threw my dusk balls...fails..."throws"...fails..."throws"...FAILS... "THROWS"....etc...
it eventualy struggled its self to beldum heaven....
i gave up but then about a week later the telivision told me they were back...
soo i used a new tactic, all my pokemon had fling and held a leppa berry, soo i could heal its pp by ten 6 times, and i brought like 70 000 000 dusk balls, soo i went back and struck a dusk...

lets just it it struggled itself into beldum heaven... and i have COMPLETLY lost all faith in dusk balls.

then the next day they were there again, i was just strolling thru the route, saw a beldum, but for fun i decided to throw ONE ultra ball at full hp and no status.
guess what worked?

WTF!?!?!?!?!?
probably shoudn't of yelled that on the school bus, at the time my principal was talking to the driver T.T

...Were you using the Dusk Balls at night? As in between 8 PM and 4 AM? Because that's when they get their 4x bonus; otherwise I think they're basically just Great Balls or something...

cptmyname
10th August 2009, 5:20 PM
yeah, half the time i play at night soo those were the balls i used to buy

Mawile412
10th August 2009, 5:37 PM
i was in the great marsh looking for bibarel(hm slave) and i found one(easily). it would not run away and it wouldnt be caught, no matter how much food i threw at it. i ended up using all my safari balls on it.

Ixin
15th August 2009, 2:32 PM
WTF I Had a box full of chanseys and I thought I knew which one was bold so I took it and EV trained it. but when I was depositing it, It turned out to be a quiet natured one!!!!!!!!!!
The Bold was still in the box. I'm trying to EV it now.

CJV1
17th August 2009, 12:38 AM
i got the darkrai mystery gift once i got to canalave i go to the inn it says the door is stuck even though the card is in my pack... wait do i gotta beat e4 or get to giratina before the door opens?

Pingouin7
17th August 2009, 12:42 AM
Neither of them. 0_o
You just have to get the National Dex and give the Lunar Wing to the sailor's kid.
Help thread BTW.

CJV1
17th August 2009, 12:44 AM
i thought that was cresselia?

it applies to darkrai too?

Pingouin7
17th August 2009, 12:49 AM
Did you try to read my post? >_>

You have to get the National Dex, then go to Cresselia's Island to get the Lunar Wing, then give it to the Sailor's Kid.

Then you will be able to get to Newmoon Island.

freakyboy05
17th August 2009, 12:50 AM
My Charizard got a +34 in speed today. I was EV training it for speed, but still. It was a pretty awesome and WTF moment.

BynineB
17th August 2009, 12:55 AM
I was playing Diamond and I had just caught a Dunsparce. Smitten with joy, I hugged my DS.. and it shut off! TT^TT

AyameHikaru
18th August 2009, 4:09 AM
@cptmyname: Beldum's catch rate is ridiculously low. With any other pokemon you would have been good.

@BynineB: XD I did exactly the same thing with.... er, crud, I forgot what it was. Eevee, I think. Oh yeah. ^^; Caught an eevee, went to the PC and it was alert to sounds. I partied, and my DS shut off. *sigh*

Juka
19th August 2009, 1:18 PM
Was trading on gts
i was trading my shitty feebas for a ho oh
sounds mad aye?
it would haave been
if only my DS had still had a lil life in it
*sigh*
will i ever get anutha ho oh?

swalot=yes
19th August 2009, 2:19 PM
I was once in the battle tower, and I faced a smeargle. I sent out salamance, and was like "lol, this will be easy" The smeargle used...ice shard? and ohko'd my salamance. For one thing smeargle's stats are extremely low+ intimidate+ 40 power=ohko? Then I send out my gyarados and guess what smeargle has? Thunder. Quick claw activates, and ohko's. I then send out sceptile, and smeargle uses sacred fire??????? WTF?

Dark Eevee
20th August 2009, 2:28 AM
In Diamond I ran across a shiny Staravia.
I accidentally ran from it.
In Platinum I was on the sixth battle in the Battle Factory.
I accidentally forfeited.
I did that in a WiFi battle as well.

WTH do I keep doing that!?

And in Colosseum I had to do the 100 battle thing twice because the power went out.

Sara Hysaro
21st August 2009, 11:59 PM
I don't really remember any WTF moments, save for last night when I decided to go through the thick fog rather than teach one of my Pok&#233;mon Defog. I got into a trainer battle, and my attacks kept missing while his hit with no problem. D= That really bugged me.

Also, some of the NPC dialogue is kind of strange, and can be taken way out of context. Like in Platinum where that one guy kept using the word dreamy, including to reference the hiker who takes your Pok&#233;mon's pictures. That was...weird. O_o Very WTF worthy (for me at least).

And the "two buff guys standing next to one another" always make me laugh.

Klozo
22nd August 2009, 10:28 PM
My biggest WTF moment? Finding a Bidoof named "D. TREMENS" in the first slot of my party a day after a huge party. The game was saved @ route 201, and the Bidoof was in the reds - apparently I got home while drunk, turned the game on, caught it and got bored.

zlxq3000
23rd August 2009, 3:03 AM
@ Sara: If you can, (re)play FireRed and LeafGreen; the SS Anne sailors are total child molesters from the way they talk to you.

Not sure if I posted this before, but the final battle of Mt. Battle in XD... A Kyogre with a Focus Sash is the worst thing in the world. Took me at least 20 tries to battle it to the point where it would stay asleep long enough for me to switch out the pokemon I put it to sleep with to an electric-type, then use Thunderbolt on it twice to beat it (since it's just so ungodly tough). I actually managed to get it down, I was ready to jump up and celebrate, and... "KYOGRE held on using its Focus Sash!"... Then "KYOGRE woke up!" "KYOGRE used HYDRO PUMP!" (and of course, its Hydro Pump has 300% accuracy) I was SO ******... I did eventually beat it; I think the next pokemon I sent out just used some stupid move and beat it. But still...

Pingouin7
23rd August 2009, 4:56 AM
Hum, no.
There is no Focus Sash in Pok&#233;mon XD.
In fact, there is no Focus Sash at all in 3rd gen.

zlxq3000
23rd August 2009, 5:40 AM
Hum, no.
There is no Focus Sash in Pokémon XD.
In fact, there is no Focus Sash at all in 3rd gen.

Focus Band, then.
It was Focus Something that let it hold on with one hit point left.

Sarracenia
23rd August 2009, 6:28 PM
The most recent WTF moment that I can remember was when my ex-gf gave me a shiny Vulpix as a gift that she received through a wifi trade. Now, all of the stats and numbers checked out, however, once I evolved it into a Ninetales, it lost its nickname...

WTF

Ha, I know why that is. The Vulpix was a bad hack: if the nickname isn't manually registered as a nickname, it gets replaced with the standard name when it evolves. This is why Japanese pokémon, if evolved on a non-Japanese game, have their names changed to match the game's laguage. To a lesser extent it's also why bad hacks have their nicknames displayed on PBR randoms.

Obviously the Vulpix was hacked by a complete amateur and as such you should get rid of it really.

Mercury Lamp
23rd August 2009, 11:54 PM
I had a WTF moment at the battle hall, i was in my 102 streak when a level 92 Charizard defeated my CHOICE BANDER, LEVEL 99 Garchomp.. WTF? ..it appeared all the hax posibilities stood against me , i wanted so much to throw my DS... This is the video number: 11-07776-54296

Also I had caught 2 shinies in route 207 while EV training but when im searching for one on purpose they never show..

Mrs. Lovett
23rd August 2009, 11:58 PM
I was facing a shiny Graveler in Victory Road, and sent out Lucario. And there I was, all hopeful that someday I would have a shiny Golem... Little did I know, fighting moves were super effective. Graveler fainted. I was staring at my game, motionless for almost five minutes. The only thing I could think was 'WTF did I just do?'

Dave.
24th August 2009, 12:14 AM
Even if you didn't kill it, Gravelers are notorious for using self-destruct.

And to the guys who talked about their experiences on the GTS besides the Regigigas person, those were obvious hacks, especially shiny mew...

Pingouin7
24th August 2009, 2:26 AM
Ha, I know why that is. The Vulpix was a bad hack: if the nickname isn't manually registered as a nickname, it gets replaced with the standard name when it evolves. This is why Japanese pok&#233;mon, if evolved on a non-Japanese game, have their names changed to match the game's laguage. To a lesser extent it's also why bad hacks have their nicknames displayed on PBR randoms.

Obviously the Vulpix was hacked by a complete amateur and as such you should get rid of it really.

Hum, no.
Why release a legit Pok&#233;mon?

They will always do that. It is not hacked.
If it has it's name in Japanese (And I mean it's real Japanese name) it will revert back to the game's language name once evolved.

Kiruria
8th September 2009, 10:28 AM
Even if you didn't kill it, Gravelers are notorious for using self-destruct.

Very true. At one point I encountered a shiny Geodude and immediately thought, "OMG, what if it uses Selfdestruct?" Fortunately, I threw a Quick Ball and that caught it.

Anyway, I recently had a WTF moment in Diamond. I was training my Jolteon, and he just got to level 43 and learned Thunder Fang. Just after that he was up against a level 42 Tentacruel (this was on Route 223), so I decided to test his new Thunder Fang out. That stupid attack missed three times in a row! During that time, Tentacruel confused my Jolteon with a critical-hit Water Pulse. What terrible luck...

MR.3D
13th September 2009, 1:00 AM
i like the new items and stuff on DPPt ^^

(s.i.e)
21st September 2009, 1:23 PM
my biggest moment remains the one that happened a few years ago when i had a battle against palmer, it was my first time against him tensity was rising but all was going well especially since when we both send in our last pokemon that i had a raichu and he a milotic, anyway this is what happened:

palmer send out milotic.

go raichu.

*i select volt tackle*

milotic used hydro pump

raichu hold on due to his focus sash.

raichu used volt tackle.

milotic fainted

raichu fainted.

>_<

Turtle Master
23rd September 2009, 7:17 PM
My favorite WTF moment was when I faced both commanders on Mt Coronet and they sent out Purugly and Skunktank. When the two are together it looks like Skunktank has his head shoved up Purugly's ***. I seriously laughed so hard that I couldn't play for a few minutes.

Nightlingbolt
24th September 2009, 8:44 PM
I never saw that, since I was always so focused on KOing all of one Commander's Pokemon, turning it into a two-on-one.

I had a fun little WTF moment yesterday. I was level grinding in preparation for the Elite Four. My Houndoom, Damien, was sent out against a wild Chansey. I accidentally used Sludge Bomb on it (and when you consider that Damien was level 49 or so, combined with the Chansey's extremely low level 17, that has to be one hell of a Special Defense), and Sludge Bomb poisoned it. And guess what Chansey does?

IT USES REFRESH!!! How frickin' awesome is that?!

Looking back, I probably should have tried to catch it, since if it had survived a Sludge Bomb from something 32 levels higher than it, it must've had a Special Defense-boosting nature. That would've been sweet.

DrJo
24th September 2009, 8:52 PM
Ok i had just exchanged my points for a focus sash and i was comfortably using it in the battle tower. after that i happily went to the survival area to fight the leaders and my pokemon used the focus sash. then i realized the sash was gone and i was like WTF? i searched for it in my box (maybe attached to a pokemon), in my bag like 10 times and...i realized after it was used it was gone..

Pingouin7
25th September 2009, 3:11 AM
Ok i had just exchanged my points for a focus sash and i was comfortably using it in the battle tower. after that i happily went to the survival area to fight the leaders and my pokemon used the focus sash. then i realized the sash was gone and i was like WTF? i searched for it in my box (maybe attached to a pokemon), in my bag like 10 times and...i realized after it was used it was gone..

Lol, you should have got one from the man on Route 221.

Missingno. Master
3rd October 2009, 2:09 AM
This was a good WTF moment.

I was cruising the GTS, looking for level 1 japanese Aron, in hopes of a Head Smasher. I wasn't expecting too much, because honestly, the better a Pokemon is, the lower chance it has of being put up for trade. So I saw one where the guy wanted a Slowking. So I trade my level 100 fully-ev trained Slowking for it. After trading my Kadabra for a Modest Aron with Dragon Rush earlier, I was kinda numb to disappointment. But to my great surprise, not only did the Aron know Head Smash, but it also had Rock Head as its ability, and even had a Naughty nature! I was hoping for Adamant, but really, Naughty is the next best thing. I wasn't complaining one bit. Between frantic EV training and multiple Rare Candies, I got it to level 100 not just a few minutes ago. And the Aggron has 350 Attack. This means it has a PERFECT ATTACK IV! I definitely was thinking "WTF?" when I realized that.

I love the GTS.

Omnicron
3rd October 2009, 3:56 PM

Once, I traded to someone (not on these forums) for Pokémon I knew were PokéSav'd (I don't have them anymore so it doesn't matters.)

The thing is, they had Premier Ribbon. WTF is that Ribbon? It's like the Classic Ribbon, but with more ribbonish stuff behind it, it has two red strips over the gold medal and the rest is red. It prevents Pokémon to be put on the GTS.

Why would Game Freak make a Ribbon like that if there's alerady the Classic Ribbon?

my little brother thinks he can see ghosts in the old chateau (pearl) , is this correct?

Omnicron
3rd October 2009, 3:57 PM

my little brother thinks he can see ghosts in the old chateau (pearl) , is this correct?

Shneak
3rd October 2009, 4:24 PM
Getting swept by a Yanmega in the Battle Factory on the 6th battle....

And countless other times where I've been beaten on the battle right before the Frontier Brain.

Shneak
3rd October 2009, 4:28 PM
I was facing a shiny Graveler in Victory Road, and sent out Lucario. And there I was, all hopeful that someday I would have a shiny Golem... Little did I know, fighting moves were super effective. Graveler fainted. I was staring at my game, motionless for almost five minutes. The only thing I could think was 'WTF did I just do?'

This happened to me, in a way.

I was in a double battle with Riley in Iron Island, and I encountered a Shiny Golbat and a Graveler. I knew I had to eliminate the Graveler and Lucario so it didn't damage. I got the Graveler down to red, and it blew up. I sat staring at my DS with my mouth wide open for over 5 minutes. I could of shot myself.

Shine
4th October 2009, 2:13 AM
@Omnicron
Yes, you can see not just 1, but 2 ghosts in Old Chateau.
Would be quite a WTF moment for those who didn't knew about it :p

TydinRyn9
4th October 2009, 6:24 AM

I know the feeling. I found a Shiny Steelix in Iron Island while I was tag-battling with Riley.

"Oh wow! Shiny!"

Lucario uses Force Palm!

Critical Hit! It's Super Effective!

"..." *Smashes DS*

Wigglytuff FTW!
6th October 2009, 12:19 AM
I know the feeling. I found a Shiny Steelix in Iron Island while I was tag-battling with Riley.

"Oh wow! Shiny!"

Lucario uses Force Palm!

Critical Hit! It's Super Effective!

"..." *Smashes DS*

That's why when you find a shiny in a wild double battle, kill your partners Pokemon ASAP so that this doesn't happen.

I'd have to say mine is when I got shiny Giratina after only 168 SR's, but now I'm SRing for shiny Rotom on Pearl, but I've been at it for THREE DAYS and NOTHING!!!

Vaporeon4evr
6th October 2009, 12:33 AM
I would have to say all the creepy poltergeist sh*t going down at the Old Chateau made me WTF many a time.

xtinction
18th October 2009, 10:21 AM
This is way after i caught rotom in there, but i entered the old chateau and 2F, room 4 i looked right into the next room and saw a girl in yellow walk out, i went out to where, presumably she would be and i cant find her anywhere in the mansion. Please could someone tell me what all this means. (this happened: after i completed the national pokedex, caught arceus, shaymin, darkrai and every other d\p legendary inc manaphy, i after i had 3 stars on my trainer card)

Shine
18th October 2009, 10:46 AM
^
Ghosts in Old Chateau is normal, almost everyone has seen them at some point, and it is an intended thing by the developer.
It does not means anything, it is there just to add the "haunted house" feeling.
There's also a butler ghost btw.

Though I can understand if you go WTF at the Old Chateau ghosts, there are more people who didn't know about it than those who do.

アブソル
18th October 2009, 10:52 AM
This is more of an act of stupidity on my part, still made me say, "WTF?"

In Platinum, I decided to go rebattle some gym leaders with a new Roserade set I made just to see how it fared against simple Pokemon. I used Toxic Spikes once and completely forgot that I did later, so I ended up trying to use Sleep Powder 3 or 4 times later before I realized the enemy was poisoned. Good times

And another thing. I was on the GTS and found a Pokemon to trade for, and I scrolled through my PC a bit too quickly and all the sprites began changing colors (Mainly yellow). It was actually pretty interesting

48Elmaxo16
18th October 2009, 12:12 PM
Slightly different, being that it's SS, (but there's no WTF thread (wah) anyway! I rocksmashed a rock (funnily enough) and I ended up in a battle but the animation at the beginning was the one you usually get when you are surfing in the ocean, and then it was a Kingler. WTF.

Metagross Guy
21st October 2009, 12:15 AM
I said "WTF?" when i traded my pokemon in Snowpoint for a Haunter..i was expecting a Gengar and i got ripped off >_>

Rezzo
21st October 2009, 12:20 AM
Quite a while ago, I put a shiny Deoxys up for trade on the GTS, in attempt to clone it.

...Only to find that it wasn't cloned, and that some lucky git had run away with my shiny Deoxys!

Thats my WTF moment.

LadyMiir
21st October 2009, 4:41 PM
New Lucky moments:
I just had an amazing sweep in the Battle Factory with an Alakazam and Blaziken, on my final battle. Gardevoir comes out first; after one Calm Mind, my 'zam 2HKOs with Shadow Ball. Sceptile's up next, it tries to Focus Blast my Blaziken and barely does anything, Blaze Kick OHKOs. Then Alakazam finishes off the final Hypno with one Shadow Ball after another Calm Mind.

Funny thing is, I kept two members of my team throughout the whole thing-- Blaziken and Miltank. I loved that Miltank. It killed a Granbull, Milotic, Ludicolo (which had Drain Punch!), and an Aggron. What a -beast-. And it outstalled a Gastrodon under Sandstorm, which is saying something.

Unlucky: I go for a second round-- and I end up with some crappy rental Pokemon. Blastoise with ONLY Aqua Tail as a STAB move? Yeesh battle factory people... Where did Hydro Pump or even Waterfall go?!

EDIT:
Lucky (2nd round): First trainer had a Miltank. I swapped one of my Pokemon for it right away after wiping the floor with him. Miltank is now becoming my standard go-to Pokemon whenever I need help. It took out a Weezing, a Manectric, a Kingdra, and TWO Sceptiles, among others, in this second round-- and it swept the 6th trainer almost completely. That was sweet.

Unlucky (3rd round): When choosing the rental Pokemon, 4 of 6 of them were weak to Earthquake, and the Feraligatr had Hydro Cannon (?!) and Avalanche (????). So I make the best choices I can, and go in there. First up, Hypno vs my Glalie, Crunch 2HKOs. Then out comes Pinsir, I switch to Aggron, try two Fire Punches while he SDs twice. I don't deal much damage.

And then that evil Bug Earthquakes. With 2 SDs up, my Aggron is screwed. He one-shots my Aggron.

I switch in Glalie hoping to explode and KO it. Another EQ and my Glalie is dead.

The last Pokemon I had left was Rhydon. You can guess what happened.

Seriously, game, WTF?!

FlareonJupiter
22nd October 2009, 5:15 PM
This morning...

I was digging for treasures in the underground -- especially for a Dome/Helix Fossil. (I need either Omanyte or Kabuto to breed with my Shellder).

Unlucky: Almost got a Dome Fossil, but the wall collapsed before I could get it all the way out.

Lucky: Among the useless Spheres (which I had no room for) -- I got some shards, several Heart Scales, two Root Fossils, a Zap Plate, an Icicle Plate, a Rare Bone, an Odd Keystone, and a Fire Stone!

Lucas666
22nd October 2009, 8:37 PM
my WTF moment was when i beat cynthia's milotic with a level 19 Magikarp

yeminied
15th December 2009, 10:14 AM
My WTF? moment was in Platinum. I was attempting to catch Giratina. Giratina was paralyzed and on a little slither of HP. I toss Ultra Ball after Ultra Ball at it in an attempt to catch it. You guys know the story. No matter what I do the bloody thing won't stay in the ball for more than one shake.

What's more. The paralysis kicked in at least eight times. Sure, when I really don't need such a good hax I get it. You can sure as hell tell that whenever an opponent of mine gets paralyzed it will never get full paralysis.

My calculator can't even give me a whole number as to the probability of this sort of thing happening, (0.25^8), but it can't stay in a bloody ultra ball when the odds are at their highest. Cursed RNG or whatever it is that calculates these things.

I was literally going "WTF?" with my mouth hanging open nearing the end of its capture. I just had to laugh just before I caught it because it was just so ridiculous. I thought my game was on loop since I just kept throwing ultra balls, shakes once and comes out, Giratina can't move due to paralysis.

Desert Sun
16th December 2009, 2:19 PM
Don't know if I posted this before but over a series of 18 turns (I counted), my previously paralyzed and confused Infernape was fully paralyzed 11 times, hit itself in confusion 6 times. It didn't attack for the first 11 turns.

Also in my Sapphire the first or second time I played it, I SWEAR that I once saw a Hiker hiking down Mt. Chimney as I was riding up on the Cable Car. I have never seen it since but I swear it was there. If I recall correctly, he appeared just before the ash appeared and was still onscreen when it faded to the game.

Corroded Arceus
22nd December 2009, 7:09 AM
Today I had a good WTF moment. I'm heading into the Great Marsh to look for a Paras, and was like "Hmm, wouldn't it be awesome if I found a Kangaskhan?" because I remembered that on these forums some people said that a Kangaskhan is had to find. I take one step into the grass, a Kangashkan appears. I threw a ball at it straight away, and I caught it.

swampertlover5712
23rd December 2009, 12:32 AM
I would have to say all the creepy poltergeist sh*t going down at the Old Chateau made me WTF many a time.
ohh. yes. i know how you feel... >_<
i hate, just hate that place.
go in.
catch Rotom.
bye-bye.

madogmonkey98
31st December 2009, 2:46 AM
When I Was playing Diamond and ried to Catch Giratina I Ran out of Ultra Balls and i Forgot to save before Versing Giratina. When My Empoleon Fainted it I Got So Pi**ed Off. ( Though I Traded from my Pearl And Got It ^_^)

^^Yoshinichi^^
31st December 2009, 2:56 AM
When I failed to catch a shiny Giratina that I didn't even soft reset for. Obviously it offed itself with Struggle. Moral of the story:Bring a paralyzer/or Master Ball for Legendaries, always.

...........;____;

Aggiesfan28
31st December 2009, 3:06 AM
Today was a pretty big wtf moment. i was playing pearl and i walked into the cave to catch uxie. I got it to 1 hp which was pretty lucky. I brought 9 ultra balls and used all of them without catching it. i then threw my only pokeball and it worked. WTF?!

Illusione-Tempus
31st December 2009, 3:44 AM
When I was at the Great Marsh at Platinum, I was eager to catch a Tropius, especially a female one. So I searched through the place and then...

Wild TROPIUS appeared.
What will Mystic do?
Mystic throws a Safari Ball
tilt, tilt, tilt, click
Gotcha! TROPIUS was caught!

I was like WTF???

Then at the Battle Castle at Platinum again. When I was doing through the Multi Battle with my bro. When we just defeated one of the Pokemon, obviously she (cause she's an Idol) has to send out her next Pokemon. But when she sent out her Loudred...

*insert shiny effect here*

We were like WTF???!!! when we saw both of our DS screens

I regret entering the Battle Frontier ever since...

Corroded Arceus
31st December 2009, 2:11 PM
I just had one, but it was mostly due to me being a silly nub.

I'm currently SRing in Pearl for a shiny Giratina, and my phone was in another room. My friend texted me to say happy new year, so I went and checked my phone. When I came back, there was this weirdass disk thing on my screen. I literally said out loud "WTF is that?"

Then I realised it was Palkia's pearl in the Opening...

I had good laught at myself.

GoombaGeek
1st January 2010, 10:44 PM
My biggest WTF moment was when I got a UT Lugia off THDUDEISHE. It still had its Japanese name, so I EV trained it, then tried to nickname it again.

"That's a perfect nickname!"

WTF? I thought is was nicknamed some random thing in Japanese, but I looked it up and it wasn't nicknamed at all, it was just in a different language. Now it's stuck in something I can't read...

Pingouin7
2nd January 2010, 3:22 AM
My biggest WTF moment was when I got a UT Lugia off THDUDEISHE. It still had its Japanese name, so I EV trained it, then tried to nickname it again.

"That's a perfect nickname!"

WTF? I thought is was nicknamed some random thing in Japanese, but I looked it up and it wasn't nicknamed at all, it was just in a different language. Now it's stuck in something I can't read...

You cannot nickname traded Pokémon.

Kookie
2nd January 2010, 9:05 AM
Well, I was in Solaceon Town, hatching eggs. So, I turn off my DS, go to bed, yadayadayada. I get up, have breakfast, get my DS, turn it on. I literally move one step, and the egg hatches.

Bguy7
4th January 2010, 2:19 AM
I was trying to catch azelf it was in red health I throw 7 ultra balls not one catches it then I throw 3 dusk balls followed by 2 great balls and all I had left was a master ball and a pokeball I throw the pokeball and it catches it.

ilovemilktea
5th January 2010, 12:06 AM
One I can recall was that I was hatching eggs and one of them was a totodile. For fun, I leveled it up to level 13. Having three other hatched totodiles, I decided to release the level 13 one.

Then I decided to go on the GTS and I saw a Manaphy, but the person wanted a totodile that was LEVEL 10 and above. I was thinking to myself "whyyyyy did I do that ughhhh" lol.

Paras
9th January 2010, 3:07 AM
I had put Honey on a tree, and checked on said tree the next morning. I found a Lv.15 Wurmple. Seeing as how I had yet to catch a Wurmple, I decided to nab this one.

I send out my Kadabra (Lv.17 at the time) and had it used Confusion, which takes the health bar down to the red zone.

"WURMPLE used Bug Bite!"
"It's super effective!"

... and Kadabra's down in one hit.
I mean, Kadabras don't have good Defense and all, but be OH'd to a Wurmple is... well, rather sad.

(I caught the Wurmple, btw)

crimsonsapphire92
10th January 2010, 6:41 PM
Ok... this just happened a few seconds ago...I've been chaining Nincada for about an hour now. Finally I get a shiny patch; I move to it and then switch to my Ralts for Syncro and then the chain breaks....by a Buneary >.<

vitorml
10th January 2010, 7:10 PM
keep after hours trying to get a good natured shiny darkrai and the ds' battery is over.

vitorml
10th January 2010, 7:11 PM
keep after hours trying to get a good natured shiny darkrai and the ds' battery gets over.

Alex Pt
10th January 2010, 7:34 PM
I had a good WTF moment

I was chaining for a shiny swellow and got to a chain of 40.
I reset for about 3 hours and then ran out of max repels so I decided to turn off the ds to save them.
I decided to start another chain and thankfully the first patch was one you find swellow in.
So I walk into the patch and sure enough it's a swellow.
*faints upon hearing shiny sound*
I was like WTF ftw!

flygonabsol99
31st January 2010, 1:29 AM
For me,it was when i got my phione egg.I even had a mgmortar with flame body and I had to go through veilstone,solaceon,hearthhome,pastoria 2 times before it said "it may be close to hatching."

A7X_Slayer
31st January 2010, 2:03 AM
My "WTF" moment was when i was on my way to get Rotom. When suddenly I seen a Girl in a room that walked out the door.

I know this is normal but at the time I didn't know(that is my WTF moment)

ninetails012
31st January 2010, 2:42 AM
when i was looking for a pikachu with a light ball in the trophy garden i found a shiny pichu but only had a luxury ball. thats my WTF moment.

swampertlover5712
2nd February 2010, 5:40 PM
when i was in the Battle Tower and the opponents Vigoroth had one of the Focus things (band or sash) and it worked twice.

cannibaleyes
3rd February 2010, 5:38 AM
I've had a lot of WTF moments in the Battle Tower (haven't we all?). I usually end up getting haxed out on like, the 48th battle. -__-

I had a definite WTF moment in the Battle Factory once... I was using a Gyrados, and i used Ice Fang. The opponent froze. Then, in the same turn, it thawed. And then, still in the same turn, it flinched. XD
Seriously, what are the odds? o.0

rocko
3rd February 2010, 8:11 PM
I ice fanged, they froze, they thawed, and they got a crit, all in one turn.
Of course it was in the battle tower.

Pearl Parukia
4th February 2010, 12:29 AM
Just 3 days ago, I was playing in the Battle Tower with my Electivire.
A Vileplume appeared and used Stun Spore.
I defeated it with Earthquake.. and then the trainer sent out a Lombre. This is what happened:

*Electivire is fully paralyzed! It can't move!*
Lombre uses Drain Punch.
Lombre uses Drain Punch.
Lombre uses Drain Punch.
Lombre uses Drain Punch.
Lombre uses Absorb.
Lombre uses Drain Punch.
*Electivire uses Thunder! The attack missed!*

And I was like.... Wtf!!! o_O

CaptainKilljoy
27th March 2010, 3:51 PM
I randomly ran into Azelf once while on my way to a Pokemon Center. I only had one Pokemon active and my HP was in the red. I knew it would just flee so I decided to throw an ultra ball just for giggles.

I caught it. On the first throw! It was at max HP and holy crap I caught it! I was so happy and I couldn't believe my luck! I wish all the legendaries were that easy to catch!

Shneak
27th March 2010, 3:55 PM
I randomly ran into Azelf once while on my way to a Pokemon Center. I only had one Pokemon active and my HP was in the red. I knew it would just flee so I decided to throw an ultra ball just for giggles.
Mesprit?

:)

DBK
29th March 2010, 2:23 AM
I have 2:
1st) Battle Tower - 5th attempt - 49th battle - last pokemon of each trainer - his is a Vespiquen
- I have a healthy fire type out, so I think, sweet, easy win. I chose fire blast, Vespi somehow goes first (WTF #1), uses DESTINY BOND (WTF #2), then fire blast hits and I OHKO it. Guess what happened next (WTF #3). I was that close to chucking my DS out the window.

2nd) Hunting Cresselia. Found it, put it to sleep, switched in an arena trap pokemon just in case, then brought it's health down to one. Chucked 30 ultra balls at it, never got past two twitches (WTF #1). Ran out of balls, only had a premier ball left. I figured what the hey and chucked it. Guess what happened (WTF #2). I was speechless for about 5 mins. I even got a good nature (WTF #3).

S.Bustathedog
30th March 2010, 2:50 PM
I think I was tired but it was just after the E4 and I was surfing around the place looking for a high level Tentacruel I found one and I got it's health down to 2 I think it was anyway I think I must have dozzed of because the next thing I know I was at the pokedex entery page. I opened up my pokemon to see what nature it had an it was impish not bad I thougth to myself I was looking at its other stuff then I was like OMG I used the Master ball -.-

Neurotic Nuckelavee
3rd April 2010, 3:54 AM
I just had one, while chaining Ralts I led with a Wobbuffet so that Shadow Tag would prevent them from teleporting, well what do you know, somehow one of the little critters teleported...that was a pretty WTF moment.

Flamesword12
3rd April 2010, 5:29 AM
Shiny Ralts used teleport...... T_T

Sensei
5th April 2010, 9:25 PM
Well, Not kind of a WTF moment for me, but rather my friend, so he was trying to capture Uxie, and he had restarted the game about 6 times, and then i tried to capture it, threw my first ultra ball, and caught her. He was seriously annoyed ehehehhe

TSL
8th April 2010, 12:11 AM
Not quite WTF but definitely "lulzy"

In Battle Tower, a Linoone used Switcheroo with my Heracross. I was a bit alarmed that it went first, after all, my Heracross has a Choice Scarf attached. Well, when it used Switcheroo...
"The Foe's Linoone switched items! Exchanged Choice Scarf for Choice Scarf"
Ahhh, there we go.

LOL
The same exact thing just happened, I mean as I was typing this post, with a porygon Z. How odd that it happens when I'm describing the last encounter o.o

dracoburn
8th April 2010, 12:25 AM
two really good ones-

once, my really weak lvl 79 eeveeloution team killed my friend's random lvl 100 team because his snorlax stayed frozen for 8 TURNS, and it only ended by my killing it

second, you ever notice how gyarados can learn THUNDERBOLT AND THUNDER but not thunder fang??? O.o???

The_Shuppeteer_
10th April 2010, 12:45 PM
On a whim I was training my Togepi, Jillian, and unfortunately she has the Hustle ability. I was in a cave, she used Metronome. Metronome turns into Horn Drill. It hits. WTF.
Also, the very next battle she used Metronome again, turns into Grasswhistle. Also hits. Considering these moves are very low accuracy, coupled with Jillian's Hustle, this was extremely lucky. Also, these things happened while I was reading this thread.

Willow's Tara
19th April 2010, 12:51 PM
This happened today. I wasn't really aware but I was battling my cousin and my Starmie sweeped three of his Pokemon including a Lugia O.O I was like whoa what the... And I had about four Pokemon left (In fact I still have the savefile, maybe I should upload that on the wifi if I get mine working.
Lugia took a while to be defeated however his Psycho Boost missed a few times, and Starmie was on 4 health when it won. Starmie also defeated a Palkia (But it was on low HP), Torterra, Gengar and Articuno.

Courtesy of SPP Chat I guess, someone on there told me to use a certain Starmie moveset.

SHINY CATCHER
4th June 2010, 4:19 PM
When I heard how hard it was going to be to catch Beldum I bought 100 ultra balls.
Battle begins, first ultra ball, rock, rock, rock, poof, Beldum was caught.
I just wasted 120,000 pokedollars. WTF