PDA

View Full Version : The Nintendo Club Mk II

Pages : [1] 2 3

AerialAce!
22nd March 2009, 11:18 AM
The Nintendo Club

Forward:
Clearly, this is the place to be for Nintendo fans. Discuss all things Nintendo here. Games, systems (current and classic), those random bits of novelty goodness you buy on impulse, those cards they made back in the day when video games hadn't been invented yet--the works.

I have taken the reigns from the former owner of this club, [AceAussie], as per his request. Frankly, it was getting kind of dead in there and needed a change of pace anyway.

One thing to know before we get started: if I refer to members as N-wads (fairly likely), it's because the old club was originally known as the Nintendo Wii and DS Club.

Now on to business.

Rules
1. We follow the universal SPPF rules. This means things such as spamming, flaming, trolling, double-posting, advertising, swearing, etc. If you haven't read them, please do so (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=364266).
2. If you change your username, please inform me. I'd like to keep the list as up-to-date as possible.
3.Please use spoiler tags when revealing information to highly anticipated games, especially when it is requested by another member.
4. Avoid "one-liner" posts. It's nice to see actual discussion rather than meaningless chatter. It's still nice to be friendly, though. After all, #9 is the most important rule. (#5 is a close second.)
5. When Joining please include the club's password in your introductory post. The password is at the bottom of this post.
--Failure to use the password, which serves as proof that you read the rules, will result in a 24-hour ban from the club. You may request to join again after that period. This is the most heavily enforced of our rules.
6. dnt talk lik this. i wil h8 u 4evr. Seriously, talking like you're in a text message conversation is annoying and stupid. You're in no rush to post.
7. Rules are enforced using the baseball-inspired strike system.
--You're given a strike each time you break the rules.
--Three strikes will result in a ban from the club (temporary if the offenses were minor, permanent for major rule-breakers).
--Having two strikes will keep you from participating in club events.
--Strikes can be removed by participating actively (and without breaking rules) for two weeks.
8. DON'T ASK FOR LEADERSHIP POSITIONS. I, AerialAce!, can chose people on my own, thank you very much.
9. Have fun!

Contests and Events:
We totally do contests and events sometimes. It's crazy fun. You should join in.

Leadership:
See rule #8.

Owner:
AerialAce!

The owner can do pretty much whatever he wants. He's cool like that.

Co-owners:
[AceAussie]

Co-owners can:
-Give warnings to rule-breakers
-Give strikes to rule-breakers
-Receive special treatment for being awesome

Moderators:
N/A (yet)

Moderators can:
-Give warnings to rule-breakers
-Report those rule-breakers to a CO or Ace!, who can give them a strike
-Receive special treatment for being awesome

Members List:
Alzi
Amazing Red
Atoyont
Blazios
BrawlMaster
CyberneticGlion
Dimentio
Divine.
Electivirus
Elementman-Novapoke
fango pango
Firemonkey1
FlamingRuby
GrizzlyB
ground tamer
IcyDragon0605
Imperator_Venit
Kabuto
Light-The-Archangel
Meta_Ridley
noobers
pokefh
Shining-Platinum
ShinyFufu
Shukaku
Skater Trainer
Slick
starfire_jirachi
The_Mexican_Smeargle

Password: "What are nargles?"

[AceAussie]
23rd March 2009, 3:59 PM
First Post WHOOO!

Nice to see it re-Open.

Hope you do a great job of it, I guess I don't need a password to join since I'm already co owner :P

Blazios
23rd March 2009, 8:08 PM
HicanIjoinagainetc.

I've been really inactive here over the past month, probably to do with the fact that my home hub broke and I had to buy a new one. I'm sure you're all happy enraged to see me again.

Been playing a lot of Sonic and the Black Knight over the past week. Mainly just trying to increase followers and max Knight and Paladin Styles, as I've already done Cavalier. Does anybody know what music is played when DAME Percival is introduced? I remember Unknown from M.E. and... that one from SA2 for Gawain and Lancelot, but I don't remember What are nargles? much of Rush's soundtrack, so if it's from there, I'll probably have forgotten. Excalibur Sonic FTW, Dan Green with a more British accent FTW. I didn't expect What I'm Made Of to be Sonic's medal theme.

Password's in there, by the way.

GrizzlyB
23rd March 2009, 11:49 PM
Well, I guess I'd better join in this again, for various undisclosed reasons. So, in that case, what are nargles?

Anyway, Nintendo is great, best thing ever, I love it, etc., etc. Maybe once some topics crop up, I'll answer those, in order to make up for this mediocre post.

Skater Trainer
24th March 2009, 12:23 AM
"what are nargles?"

hurray for re-opening!!

I have been talking to AA! about this and I want to see some new stuff happening in the future with this club!

=D lets go!!

AerialAce!
24th March 2009, 12:27 AM
Already there, accepted, accepted, and accepted respectively. I'll probably PM the people that were active in the other thread toward the end in a couple of hours.

So, DSi Virtual Console has just been confirmed, at that Club Nintendo Platinum event. MY local one hasn't happened yet, so I'll hear about it in person on Saturday.
http://ds.kombo.com/article.php?artid=7007

Thanks to noobers for spreading that around. Might as well shoot him a PM, too.

GDC is also happening. We'll have plenty to talk about with that.

I'll revive some of the classic starting topics later, when I reformat the first post. For now I'll just update with members.

EDIT: Whoa, thanks for being in alphabetical order.

Skater Trainer
24th March 2009, 2:08 AM
So guys now that the club is back and rolling and platinum just came out in the U.S. Let's talk about it.

As I'm sure all of you saw in your plat. box, the rotom codes, well as I am a freak about collectibles, I say we share the codes to unlock all 5 sweet rotom formes wallpaper!!

Heat Rotom: T8A6EH7 (courtesy of SkaterTrainer)
Fan Rotom: 9N4A4F8 (courtesy of AerialAce!)
Mow Rotom: 7W6O3M5 (courtesy of Meta_Ridley)
Frost Rotom: ??????
Wash Rotom: ??????

So codes for anyone who want them.

Meta_Ridley
24th March 2009, 3:30 AM
What are Nargles?

Hey guys, good news! I got Platinum! This should get me back in the DS swing! I named my character PkaNoob(stupid limit). I couldn't think of what to name my rival, so I looked up Geno's real name (heart, music note, exclamation-mark, question-mark) and did that. Prob'ly gonna get me a Chimchar.

Also, I was a bit freaked out at first when I saw that the club had closed....

Edit: Mow Rotom's (my favorite's) code is 7W6O3M5

About three of my friends have Platinum, so I'll ask them for their codes.

Ebil McClucky
24th March 2009, 6:40 AM
What are nargles?

Good to see it's up again. This will probably be as inactive as the other one in it's later days. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while I can!

[AceAussie]
24th March 2009, 11:05 AM
What are nargles?

Good to see it's up again. This will probably be as inactive as the other one in it's later days. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while I can!

Loving your positivity ^_^b

Also how is everyone finding platinum?

Slick
24th March 2009, 11:40 AM
What the **** are nargles.

Meta_Ridley
24th March 2009, 12:41 PM
Aw, come on, Slick! You're one of the active members; don't spam the thread already!

Hey, does anyone know if you can trade the Pokemon Ranger stuff to Platinum?

Shukaku
24th March 2009, 12:48 PM
What are nargles?!

Hello Peoples! Anyone remember me? I used to be in the old Club, but I rarely posted... so, yeah...

Anyway, I have Platinum, and I'm up to Veilstone City.

SilverLanayru
24th March 2009, 4:01 PM
What are nargles?

I know I've been a bit inactive on this club...but anyways since it's remade, of course i'd love to rejoin ^^ Yes I've been playing Platinum...and I'm one of those lucky people who caught 2 shinies on my first day :3 Anyways, it's been fun so far...just recently earned my 3rd badge :] Ughhh...I can't wait to transfer my TRU Shaymin and TRU Regigigas to my Platinum >.<

AerialAce!
24th March 2009, 4:08 PM
What are nargles?

what are nargles?

what are nargles?

What are Nargles?

What are nargles?

What are nargles?!
Well, technically they're a figment of a fictional character's imagination but she seems to think they're small, invisible creatures that float around and... I don't even know WHAT anymore. That chick was crazy.

Hello Peoples! Anyone remember me?
Nope! ^_^;

I used to be in the old Club, but I rarely posted... so, yeah...

Anyway, I have Platinum, and I'm up to Veilstone City.
That explains it. Welcome back!

I'm only two badges into Platinum, stopped when my DS's batteries hit red. I'm playing a slow game, like back in the old days, but not AS slow because I actually know what I'm doing now. Only Pokémon I traded over was an egg so I could use Charmander as the lead on my new team because I really hate Chimchar. Paired him up with Turtwig for a formidable team.

Traded a spare to fhqwhgads. Apparently his Charizard saved him in the steel gym, and when fighting Giratina (moves straight from hatching: Growl, Aerial Ace, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw).

I'll go add new people to the list.

IcyDragon0605
24th March 2009, 9:12 PM
What are nargles?

Hello everyone, thought I should join while I have the chance. I'll try to post here often.

AerialAce!
24th March 2009, 10:23 PM
What are nargles?

I know I've been a bit inactive on this club...but anyways since it's remade, of course i'd love to rejoin ^^
Happy to have you back. Sorry I missed you in the last post.

Yes I've been playing Platinum...and I'm one of those lucky people who caught 2 shinies on my first day :3
What di...? When...? How...? huh?

You are amazing.

What are nargles?

Hello everyone, thought I should join while I have the chance. I'll try to post here often.
And the list grows...

Skater Trainer
24th March 2009, 11:53 PM
Just checking in with some platinum updates.

I have reach veilstone, I'm off a bit training so my eevee can evolve to espeon to take on the gym and working with a roselia for Waker maybe even a shinx if I want to grind a bit, but since I just really want to go through the game at a quick pace, I might not, since any pokemon, weakness or not, just kills gyms.

I have also been talking to AA! about a weekly e-mail or pm in a memo style outline club new, nintendo news, game releases, and the club topic of the week, since most of the time, the topics are made up then people feel like it, it would be nice to have a set topic each week to liven things up a bit here. I have been talking to AA! about it, but I want to see if you guys would be interested in it.

Thanks meta_ridley for the mow forme code. Just two more.

Ebil McClucky
25th March 2009, 7:51 AM
;9566169']Loving your positivity ^_^b

Also how is everyone finding platinum?
I don't have it. Mainly because I'm Australian.

So...Anyone have MadWorld? Looks like a fun game.

[AceAussie]
25th March 2009, 8:23 AM
I don't have it. Mainly because I'm Australian.

So...Anyone have MadWorld? Looks like a fun game.

I wasn't asking you as I know you're from the land down under, like myself.

Oh wow the list is growing, but still only one page XD

AerialAce!
25th March 2009, 8:29 AM
;9568130']I wasn't asking you as I know you're from the land down under, like myself.

Oh wow the list is growing, but still only one page XD

I find it incredibly hilarious that you say that in post #20. New page get.

I'm composing a PM to send to everybody I can think of that might want to rejoin. Trying to drag fhqwhgads and Dimentio in here, as I have more contact with either of them than most anybody else, but can't.

Also, Zink, duh. I haven't even told him it was restarting yet...

Meh, he won't care unless we're doing something he can join in on anyway. He hasn't posted once without my telling him to. I'll get him to join, and he can go back to being too lazy to accomplish much of anything.

Slick
25th March 2009, 9:47 AM
I'm only in Hearthome in Platinum. Taking it slow I guess.

Meta_Ridley
25th March 2009, 1:09 PM
I started a new game because my Chimchar was Adamant. I named myself Plato this time. I'm taking my time and exploring. By exploring, I mean walking everywhere with my AR.

...Awesome Rhydon, not an Action Replay, you sillies >_>

Also, I'm gonna trade my a Cyndaquil over to my game. I'm gonna make a baby first, so it is completely glitch-free (I think I got it over GTS, but I might have used my Awesome Rhydon to hack it. I can't remember :P).

Amazing Red
25th March 2009, 7:58 PM
What are nargles?

I'll re join this place.

AerialAce!
27th March 2009, 5:05 AM
What are nargles?

I'll re join this place.

You're accepted, of course.

Nintendo's all about news at the Game Developer's Conference. If you haven't been looking things up yourself, here's a rundown (via Kotaku).

The Wii storage solution is here. Go get it.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS) (http://kotaku.com/5184207/all-aboard-the-zelda-spirit-tracks-trailer-train)

Rock & Roll Climber looks hilariously bad. (http://kotaku.com/5183937/see-nintendo-demonstrate-rock-n-roll-climber)

Nintendo will have DSi-Enhanced game cards that will work on DS, but have features that only work on DSi, in addition to DSi game cards that will only work on the DSi. These cards will allow use of the camera, internal memory and SD Card slot exclusive to the new handheld. Think of it like the Game Boy Color cards that worked on both the normal Game Boy and the Color, but were only in color on the GBC.

Virtual Console gets arcade games. (http://kotaku.com/5183950/wii-virtual-console-goes-to-the-arcade)

Final Fantasy is all over VC and WiiWare. (http://kotaku.com/5184002/downloadable-final-fantasy-abounds-on-the-wii)

A quick look at some upcoming DSiWare titles. (http://kotaku.com/5182668/hands-on-with-nintendo-dsiware)

Aaaaaand that's about it. Might also want to check out these prototypes (http://kotaku.com/5184237/nintendo-shows-unreleased-dual+card-dsi-gba-touch) to see the Nintendo that might have been.

I was going to make this post a lot prettier, but there were some keywords in it that set off the INTERNAL ERROR screen and I had to selectively delete parts of it until I could actually post. Gigantic pain in the a**.

noobers
27th March 2009, 5:39 AM
What are nargles?!

Well, technically they're a figment of a fictional character's imagination but she seems to think they're small, invisible creatures that float around and... I don't even know WHAT anymore. That chick was crazy.

Anyone who has kissed beneath mistletoe and had to remove nargles from their hair will confirm their existence!

Lately I've just been playing the Pikmin port on Wii, perfecting my Challenge mode records. I've only beaten the game once (with a happy ending) in 28 days; I'll get back to the main story soon.

As for Spirit Tracks, it's nice to see a cel-shaded Zelda game that takes place on large stretches of dry land. And trains... Hyrulian technology is advancing, it seems.

Slick
27th March 2009, 8:40 AM
Take that you "Zelda needs to look realistic" *****s.

Ebil McClucky
27th March 2009, 8:42 AM
Eh, I can't give a damn about Zelda.Or any other game for that matter.

I can't stop thinking about 358/2 Days.

*puts up anti-nag shield*

Imperator_Venit
27th March 2009, 11:17 AM
What are nargles?

Blah. You make me sick, AA! Remaking a perfectly...inactive thread.

AerialAce!
27th March 2009, 3:04 PM
What are nargles?!

What are nargles?
Accepted, I'll add you to the list when I get back from physical therapy (more on that later).

Anyone who has kissed beneath mistletoe and had to remove nargles from their hair will confirm their existence!
I still can't for the life of me remember what they were supposed to do.

Lately I've just been playing the Pikmin port on Wii, perfecting my Challenge mode records. I've only beaten the game once (with a happy ending) in 28 days; I'll get back to the main story soon.
I'll probably get it when I have money, along with... most of the other Gamecube Wiimakes. Pretty much every one is a game I never had a chance to get or something I wouldn't mind playing again with the new controls (the Metroid Primes, for example.

As for Spirit Tracks, it's nice to see a cel-shaded Zelda game that takes place on large stretches of dry land. And trains... Hyrulian technology is advancing, it seems.
They DID have steamboats in Phantom Hourglass, and I think Wind Waker too. The whole living on water thing must have forced them to advance sea travel technology, and that led to innovation on land as well.

Take that you "Zelda needs to look realistic" *****s.
Don't think there are many of those left.

Eh, I can't give a damn about Zelda.Or any other game for that matter.

I can't stop thinking about 358/2 Days.

*puts up anti-nag shield*
meh

Blah. You make me sick, AA! Remaking a perfectly...inactive thread.

If you're really indignant, talk to [AA]. He's the one what done it.

fango pango
27th March 2009, 6:39 PM
so i hear that your remaking this thread so yes anyway 'what are nargles'
I THINK NINTENDO ARE GENIUSES you give us MARIO and hes THE MARIO and they gave us the thing that makes this club POKEMON i LOVE nintendo and their creations=]
so can i join please

Atoyont
27th March 2009, 9:32 PM
What are nargles? Well, I think that they live in mistletoe. Loony Luna Lovegood told me.

Anyway, I probably ought to join since I don't play much on any other console, if at all.

Amazing Red
27th March 2009, 11:08 PM
Those games from the DSi store look lame so far. Except Pyoro. I'll be saving my points when I get it.

Zelda game looks good. i wouldn't mind getting it.

Meta_Ridley
28th March 2009, 1:49 AM
Using my Awesome Rhydon, I stumbled upon the Secret Rotom Room. The appliances aren't there, though D: Maybe I need Rotom/National Dex?

BrawlMaster
28th March 2009, 4:43 AM
What are nargles? Anyone remember me? I used to post in the old club, before it closed up shop. Thanks for sending me a notification guys(sarcasm)! No Platinum for me, reason: Still no DS! I think I'll ask for one and Platinum for my birthday. I haven't really been playing any games lately, besides trial games on 360. Did you hear, Gamestop is gonna have a 50&#37; off sale starting on april 5th! OMG!!!!!!!! .......end transmission......

Dimentio
28th March 2009, 4:44 AM
What are nargles?

Trying to drag fhqwhgads and Dimentio in here, as I have more contact with either of them than most anybody else, but can't.

Blame sickness on my account. As much as I enjoy all you guys and your company, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if my laptop got all mucus and phlem-encrusted, as pleasant as that sounds.

They DID have steamboats in Phantom Hourglass, and I think Wind Waker too.

Beedle's ships appeared to run off steam, yes.

The whole living on water thing must have forced them to advance sea travel technology, and that led to innovation on land as well.

If I'm not mistaken, speculation-wise, it appears as if the land that houses the setting for Spirit Tracks is at least relative to the original Wind Waker setting, as evidenced by Zelda's presence in our clip of the game. Therefore, innovation on land could be totally indifferent to the innovation on sea.

Ebil McClucky
28th March 2009, 7:08 AM
Anyway, since I won't be that active, I'd like the moderator position if it's alright with you AA!. ......

8. DON'T ASK FOR LEADERSHIP POSITIONS. I, AerialAce!, can chose people on my own, thank you very much.

Answers your question in whole.

GrizzlyB
28th March 2009, 7:28 AM
Answers your question in whole.

Doesn't really answer why he thinks inactivity makes him a qualified candidate for the position, though...

And since it seems to be the hot topic here for now, I actually don't have Platinum as of yet. Probably because I have around ten other games that I've yet to play sitting around (for weeks, now) and so buying another new one would seem frivolous. Well, at least most of the aforementioned games are for DS/Wii/Gamecube. Hopefully I'll get it soon, though; I've always loved the third games in each generation.

AerialAce!
30th March 2009, 2:13 AM
'what are nargles'

What are nargles?

What are nargles?

What are nargles?
Accepted.

Using my Awesome Rhydon, I stumbled upon the Secret Rotom Room. The appliances aren't there, though D: Maybe I need Rotom/National Dex?
Probably activated by the Secret Key.

Anyone remember me? I used to post in the old club, before it closed up shop. Thanks for sending me a notification guys(sarcasm)!

I'm composing a PM to send to everybody I can think of that might want to rejoin.
Apparently I'm a terrible procrastinator.

Kabuto
30th March 2009, 2:26 AM
"What the **** are nargles."

This. And also, I'll join, but I expect free food in return.

Skater Trainer
30th March 2009, 3:15 AM

You can have......

MY BIG GAY DANCE!!

http://fc20.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/052/8/8/Big_Gay_Dance_Poster_by_SagashiIndustries.jpg

AerialAce!
30th March 2009, 3:42 AM

Accepted. Slick, get this man something to eat.

Skater Trainer
30th March 2009, 4:44 AM
Accepted. Slick, get this man something to eat.

So, I'm guessing no big gay dance?

AerialAce!
30th March 2009, 5:28 AM
So, I'm guessing no big gay dance?

You can dance if you want to.

You can leave your friends behind.

But your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.

Slick
30th March 2009, 11:01 AM
accepted. Slick, get this man something to eat.

i hop joo enjoyee nothingss.

Kabuto
1st April 2009, 2:03 AM
Trixforce cereal! How did you guys know! This is really giving me the courage to join.

Meta_Ridley
1st April 2009, 1:04 PM
I got my Modest Giratina finally. It's also Mischievous, so double bonus!

Trixforce cereal! How did you guys know! This is really giving me the courage to join.
I thought there was only Trixforce yogurt? Or am I talking about something completely different...?

Slick
1st April 2009, 10:53 PM
Because we seem to talk about our personal life in this club, why not ask to/make a social club where it's just us talking about ourselves and stuff?
That way we don't spam up this thread, and we can use this thread to talk about Nintendo-related issues
???

EDIT: ALSO, SOMEONE NEEDS TO TRADE ME A WATER STONE. I WANT A VAPOREON, AND I'M LONG OVERDUE FOR ONE.

EDIT2: Anyway, yesterday I sprained my ankle, which means the rest of the week off school. Got two pictures here, that may or may not show you swelling.

http://i41.*******.com/dmxp90.jpg
http://i39.*******.com/2mhvlnn.jpg
Probably the most painful thing to even happen to me so yeah.
Happened while playing Basketball. IRONICALLY, it happened after our game against an opposition school, which we lost 44-22. xD
Speaking of Basketball, I'm awesome at defense, and I suck at shooting.
Yeah.
End Post?

AerialAce!
2nd April 2009, 10:00 AM
Because we seem to talk about our personal life in this club, why not ask to/make a social club where it's just us talking about ourselves and stuff?
That way we don't spam up this thread, and we can use this thread to talk about Nintendo-related issues
???
I like the light spam. Getting kind of bad right now, and I'm kind of not helping, but a bit of socializing makes the club worth being a part of.

Besides, nobody has enough Nintendo-related issues to post very often. They've been a bit disappointing lately. DSi is going to present some new opportunities, though. On top of features, it has double the processing power and four times the RAM of the DS Lite. Holy crap. I'm hoping developers make good use of this with DSi and DSi-enhanced game cards.

Furthermore, Link's on a train.

EDIT: ALSO, SOMEONE NEEDS TO TRADE ME A WATER STONE. I WANT A VAPOREON, AND I'M LONG OVERDUE FOR ONE.

Problem solved when I told Slick about the Water Stone hidden in Solaceon Ruins, along with Thunder and Fire Stones. Talk to the rocks in the side rooms if you need them, by the way. For anyone else that wants it.

Also, Houndour is in Platinum's Sinnoh dex, apparently. I was not aware that they added a second fire line. Just two was terrible, and when I thought they only added one I was annoyed, but a fourth makes a serious difference.

Speaking of Platinum, I'm enjoying the hell out of playing a Pokémon game like a normal person again. Taking time to level up rather than rushing through the game, enjoying the storyline, not trying to train professionally in the slightest...

I'll get to the serious training post-plot. For now, I'm enjoying playing Pokémon because I'm playing Pokémon, and that's what it's all about. Also, Looker is the best useless detective ever. And as Slick pointed out in MSN, he looks like the Doctor.

One more thing: I'm seriously considering bringing back the Black Cat Project (our gaming ladder system) [again]. This time with less flashy stuff and straight text rather than graphics. Maybe the Midnight Panthers later on, if people are into it and we can find people to actually challenge, unlike before.

Slick
2nd April 2009, 10:12 AM
Problem solved when I told Slick about the Water Stone hidden in Solaceon Ruins, along with Thunder and Fire Stones.

He's not lying folks. O:

Meta_Ridley
3rd April 2009, 2:27 AM
So... I got a Griseous Orb.... I'm up to the eighth gym. Also, I've been battling with my friends a lot.

On a spam note, I've been taking karate for a couple of months now, and I might jump directly from white belt to blue-and-white (which is outstanding, in case you guys aren't aware of karate belt rankings).

Amazing Red
3rd April 2009, 2:55 AM
8th badge already? I haven't played my platinum since it came out. So I only have 3 badges.

Slick
3rd April 2009, 7:16 AM
I JUST got the 7th badge, which was ridiculously easy using a combination of Fire Blast/Mach Punch/Close Combat. All Candice's Pokemon were OHKO'ed.
I also beat Byron earlier today. All OHKO's for him too.
I flew to Veilstone in preparation to do exactly what Galactic Commander Jupiter said not to do, and intrude on their Veilstone HQ.

Team:
Infernape w/ Quick Claw (Lv. 47)
Moves: Mach Punch, Fire Blast, Flame Wheel, Close Combat.

Noctowl (Lv. 40)
Moves: Air Slash, Hypnosis, Confusion, Fly.

Gabite w/ Exp. Share ** (Lv. 40)
Moves: Slash, Dig, Earthquake, Dragon Claw.
** I needed to level it up some way, and I was in an Ice-type environment. T_T

Roselia ** w/ Big Root (Lv. 43)
Moves: Toxic, Grass Know, Petal Dance, Mega Drain.
** Should I evolve this? I have the Shiny Stone to do it.

Vaporeon w/ Amulet Coin ** (Lv. 46)
Moves: Bite, Aqua Ring, Surf, Ice Beam.
** Too lazy to take off after I finished raping that old couple near the mansion.

Bibarel ** (Lv. 26)
Moves: Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Rock Climb.
** HM SLAVE.

And Amazing Red, that's nothing. Back when I first got Sapphire, I had all 8 Gyms finished in 4 days, and the Elite 4 finished in 6.

Also, AerialAce! where are thou?! I want my Ditto+all starters. ;_; For when you read this: Should I just trade you normal Bidoofs?

Ebil McClucky
3rd April 2009, 9:06 AM
And Amazing Red, that's nothing. Back when I first got Sapphire, I had all 8 Gyms finished in 4 days, and the Elite 4 finished in 6.

That's nothin'. 2 days for everything. This clearly means I have no life.

So... How's everyone doing? I'm currently into extreme violence games and FPS's.

Slick
3rd April 2009, 9:41 AM
That's nothin'. 2 days for everything. This clearly means I have no life.

So... How's everyone doing? I'm currently into extreme violence games and FPS's.

loser. >_>

Anyway, got Chinatown Wars yet? How ****ed up is that scene where Zhou cuts that guys heart out. I was in the ****ing bus with my HEADPHONES in for crying out loud. I think the person next to me was watching...

Shukaku
3rd April 2009, 12:24 PM
So... I got a Griseous Orb.... I'm up to the eighth gym. Also, I've been battling with my friends a lot.How did you get that if you're up to the eighth Gym?! I thought you could only get it after the E4...?

Anyway, in Platinum, I have gotten up to Cynthia twice, but she's destroyed me both times! I think it's because she sends out Milotic or Garchomp, depending on what I have out...

Atoyont
3rd April 2009, 4:09 PM
Speaking of Platinum, I'm enjoying the hell out of playing a Pokémon game like a normal person again. Taking time to level up rather than rushing through the game, enjoying the storyline, not trying to train professionally in the slightest...

I'll get to the serious training post-plot. For now, I'm enjoying playing Pokémon because I'm playing Pokémon, and that's what it's all about. Also, Looker is the best useless detective ever. And as Slick pointed out in MSN, he looks like the Doctor.
Word.
10words.

Yeah Nintendo needs to start stepping things up.

AerialAce!
3rd April 2009, 4:42 PM
Hahahahaha. (http://kotaku.com/5196627/nintendo-dsi-shows-smack-talks-how-ugly-you-are)

Also, This (http://kotaku.com/5196484/the-premium-edition-ace-attorney-dsi) is amazing. Too bad it'll never reach the States. Sadly, there's not enough of a fanbase here.

That image reminds me, though. Looker is not the best useless detective ever, though he does rank pretty high up on that list. Dick Gumshoe is clearly the winner in that department, if only because he's proven he can be awesome and hilarious at the same time, in very different ways.

Atoyont
3rd April 2009, 4:55 PM
I need to play an Ace Attorney game, Ace!. Thanks for reminding me.
I do like Looker's speech style, though.

Slick
4th April 2009, 12:07 AM
LOOKER WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN GUMSHOE. ]:
Also, got my starters+Ditto?

Meta_Ridley
4th April 2009, 5:05 AM
Also, I know it's off-topic, but I'd like to tell you guys this: I got blue-and-white belt!

How did you get that if you're up to the eighth Gym?! I thought you could only get it after the E4...?

Er.... Um.... Traaade?

:P

Slick
4th April 2009, 6:58 AM
Traaade?

Speaking of trade, where's my mother****ing Ditto+starters?!

Ebil McClucky
4th April 2009, 7:55 AM
loser. >_>
Which part the quote were you saying this to?

Now I currertly like NMH. No very much, but I still like it.

Slick
4th April 2009, 8:01 AM
Which part the quote were you saying this to?
2 days part.
Now I currertly like NMH. No very much, but I still like it.
AND WHY NOT VERY MUCH?! ]=<

comments in bold.

Ebil McClucky
4th April 2009, 9:47 AM
First: I know, ain't I a nerd?

Second: Because I don't like very much games.

AerialAce!
4th April 2009, 10:23 AM
...then why the hell are you here?

I take that to mean that he doesn't like very many games. Grammar mistake.

I've been playing with Brawl hacking. A lot. Texture hacking being possible without a disk now and all...

It's amazing stuff. Currently working with making my ownToon Link texture because he's easy to do. Next step is coming up with my new ideas and trying my hand at transparency.

I also got back into reading. J.K. Rowling did it again with another book that is a part pf the Harry Potter universe rather than an outside look at it: The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Finished a library book overdue by three-and-a-half months, and have the Spanish classic Don Quixote on my to-read list.More people need to get into books. Seriously.

Ebil McClucky
4th April 2009, 10:45 AM
My list.

Games I want this year (at present)
MadWorld
Platinum
M&L3

Shukaku
4th April 2009, 4:57 PM
Er.... Um.... Traaade?

:P...Okay... *was thinking something else*

Well, I still can't beat Cynthia on Platinum...!

fhqwhgads
4th April 2009, 6:16 PM
Furthermore, Link's on a train.
I'm on a boat.

Anyways, what are nargles?

So now that I'm here...

Atoyont
4th April 2009, 9:38 PM
I've been playing with Brawl hacking. A lot. Texture hacking being possible without a disk now and all...

It's amazing stuff. Currently working with making my ownToon Link texture because he's easy to do. Next step is coming up with my new ideas and trying my hand at transparency.

I also got back into reading. J.K. Rowling did it again with another book that is a part pf the Harry Potter universe rather than an outside look at it: The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Finished a library book overdue by three-and-a-half months, and have the Spanish classic Don Quixote on my to-read list.More people need to get into books. Seriously.
I'm almost contemplating getting some sort of hacking thing, but only to record matches, and even then, could probably just get a Dazzle.

Pajama Toon Link?

Reading is excellent. Especially when you're reading about language. I've got this one book called The Mother Tongue. Oh man it's a riot. Especially the chapter on swearing. AHAHAHA

Slick
4th April 2009, 11:29 PM
I'm on a boat.

mother****er don't you ever forget...

Anyway, I just beat Platinum. Cynthia only took one shot.
I finished in about 36 hours.
Hardest to easiest: Lucian>...that buy guy...>Bertha>Cynthia>Flintg
I have no idea why though...
Although I did OHKO each of Flint's pogeymen.

Ebil McClucky
4th April 2009, 11:55 PM
platinum isn't all that great Divine.
Eh, I couldn't care less. Most of the games I get suck hard anyway.

So, what's going on?

Slick
5th April 2009, 12:13 AM
Platinum is better than D/P though. And I enjoyed it more.

Atoyont
5th April 2009, 12:22 AM
They actually say "OK" in Amity Square, rather than some demented "Okey" crap than than Diamond and Pearl.

AerialAce!
5th April 2009, 1:05 AM
fhqwhgads is in. I'll add him to the list after I finish cleaning my house.

Planning some amazing texture hacks for Zero Suit Samus (nothing bad--don't get the wrong idea). It'll be really hard to make textures flush together seamlessly when the originals are broken apart into chunks with distinct borders, though. This one could be tough. Oh, and I have to make fingernails. :/

fhqwhgads
5th April 2009, 8:18 PM
I finished in about 36 hours.
Pfft. 28.

Hardest to easiest: Lucian>...that buy guy...>Bertha>Cynthia>Flint
I OHKO'd most of Flint and Bertha(Dark Pulse and Earthquake), but Bug Guy took a few tries for me 'cause my Charizard was underleveled.

Hakuryuu
5th April 2009, 9:45 PM
What are nargles?

Guess I better join. =]

I'm excited for the new Zelda game. Spirit Tracks looks cute.

Meta_Ridley
6th April 2009, 2:00 AM
...Okay... *was thinking something else*
Trust me, what you were thinking was probably right.

Anyway, I can't play Platinum for a whole week. My friends are having a tournament, and the level limit is 65, which my Pokemon are already at. They are:

Crobat (named Gotham)
Poison Barb
AerialAce (lol)
Confuse Ray
Mean Look (for roaming legendaries)
Poison Fang

Typhlosion (named Flare)
Eruption
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Rollout

Infernape (named Incendo)
Fist Plate
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Flare Blitz
Thunderpunch

Tiffany
6th April 2009, 5:06 AM
Guys, one liners are spam. Please elaborate on your posts.

Slick
6th April 2009, 8:25 AM
Pfft. 28.

So? I probably enjoyed the game more than you did.

Anyway, this morning I got to the Frontier Brain of the Battle Arcade, and she crushed me. My Pokemon and enthusiasm. I'm planning to EV train a hell of a lot of Pokemon, as well as create teams which are strong against all 5 Frontier Brains.
Probably going to complete the Battle Island...thing tonight when my parents expect me to be sleeping. :>

Ebil McClucky
6th April 2009, 8:57 AM
I'm so thrown up right now. So many awesome things are coming out at once.Makes me glad that I've got a birthday coming up.

So, what's going on with you guys? Enjoying your DSi's? Are they fun?

Slick
6th April 2009, 9:02 AM
No.
Because i don't have one.
]:

Shukaku
6th April 2009, 12:46 PM
@Divine.: I didn't get one, so no.

Has anyonbe heard of the DS game Avalon Code? I just got it Saturday.

Amazing Red
7th April 2009, 12:35 AM
I'm so thrown up right now. So many awesome things are coming out at once.Makes me glad that I've got a birthday coming up.

A little bit. I would enjoy it more if my damn wifi would install properly so I can go on the DSi shop.

And yes the DSi is fun.

Skater Trainer
7th April 2009, 1:27 AM
I'll wait a while for DSi, since nothing other than itself is out, no exclusives or anything, or any other reason to get it other than MP3 player and camera, but I'll wait for a darker blue color or a dark green or dark purple.

As for the money I saved for it, since I'm short like $40 I'll just go buy games to feed my wii and DS and get DSi around Xmas or when Easter money and super old birthday money comes my way.

Slick
7th April 2009, 8:40 AM
I'll wait for a darker blue color or a dark green or dark purple.
Or why not just go for the darkest?

BLACK.

Skater Trainer
8th April 2009, 2:05 AM
Or why not just go for the darkest?

BLACK.

Because, I don't want the black one, I want moar colah, not full on black.

Reseting in plat for an azelf was a *****, but I got a decent timid 29spatk/29spd IVs I'm not sure about hidden power.

AerialAce!
8th April 2009, 7:39 AM
What are nargles?

Guess I better join. =]

I'm excited for the new Zelda game. Spirit Tracks looks cute.
Welcome to the club!

Anyway, I can't play Platinum for a whole week. My friends are having a tournament, and the level limit is 65, which my Pokemon are already at.
Awesome stuff. Tell us how it goes, sounds interesting. In-game teams are always the most fun to battle friends with, in my opinion. Online with highly trained teams is fun, but if you don't win you feel like you've wasted hours breeding and training for nothing, while in-game teams not only grow on you as you progress through the plot, but don't depress you if you lose because they weren't intended for competitive play in the first place.

That's not to say I won't try my hand at some serious training down the line, I just like playing the way I did when I was in grade school. I always forget about it after I've had a game for a while, but starting a new journey in a region always brings back good memories from the days where there were plenty of real-life friends playing the game to trade and battle, none of this impersonal, professional, online battling.

If anyone's up for a game with in-game teams, let me know. I'm not getting to serious training until I finish anything with a plot, so I'm not ready for anything else.

Not doing minigames until I get a screen guard for my DSi, though. Really wish I hadn't transferred my DS Lite's Wi-Fi information over yet. Hell, I may send it back just for online Platinum. It's that fun.

Guys, one liners are spam. Please elaborate on your posts.
Thank you. :]

Yes. Electric blue is hawt. I'm waiting for a black laptop skin to arrive so that I can trace out and cut a pattern to lay over the blue. Currently debating whether I should go with a Phoenix Wright silhouette or the signature dragon I drew, painstakingly cut from multiple layers of colored duct tape and placed on the inside of my self-made wallet. I'm thinking a thin border of white around black on the blue background would make anything look badass enough that it doesn't really matter.

Ordinarily I'd get a full DSi skin for protection as well as personalization, but I like the color too much to want to cover it up. I'd think differently if the choices were just black and white... but they're not.

Can't stop playing Bird and Beans (or inwardly hating that they renamed it in this region but left it as the less-weird-but-more-foreign-sounding Pyoro everywhere else. Bird and Beans is a stupid name.

Also, loving the sound quality. It really brings out bass I didn't know existed in games. Noticed it especially in the Platinum intro.

---------------------------------

Oh! Those Brawl textures I'm working on? I'm making some progress, but it's endlessly frustrating to try and line up multiple textures with Zero Suit Samus. All of the parts are in weird proportions and curve around her body in stupid ways. Here's what I'm going for.

First one is the blue getup from the top half of this set of images from Zero Mission's Fusion Gallery
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Nintendo/Misc/Metroid/ZM-FusionGallery.png

And the other is the orange one toward the bottom of the Zero Mission Gallery
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Nintendo/Misc/Metroid/ZM-Gallery.png

I really love these costumes. It's a wonder nobody bothered to attempt them yet. My photoshop skills are next to nonexistent, but if I can't get it myself I'll send my progress on to someone else with the recommendation. At least I can figure out how to line things up for the person I pass the baton to.

Shorts I have half figured out, but the patterns on them will be a huge pain and I need to know how to make the top of them lower than the top of the leg texture (goes up really high, if you look at the standard design) without leading to really strange, stretched patterns. Neckline and sleeveless things other people figured out a long time ago, but in the case of the blue costume it'll still be bothersome to get the pattern to line up. I'll have to steal part of a texture from somebody that can draw belly buttons.

Bracelets are next to impossible. It'll take quite a while to get something to wrap around two separate textures; each of which is annoyingly twisted around a thin arm at weird, diagonal angles.

Slick
8th April 2009, 8:15 AM
You're lame Skater Trainer. :<

Anyway, just asking if the following two natures are good for the respective Pokemon:
Riolu (Hatched from Riley's Egg) Joly Natured
Rotom (caught in Mansion) Timid Natured

Any good? I have a suspicion they are, but just wanted some clarification.

Skater Trainer
11th April 2009, 3:00 AM
You're lame Skater Trainer. :<

Anyway, just asking if the following two natures are good for the respective Pokemon:
Riolu (Hatched from Riley's Egg) Joly Natured
Rotom (caught in Mansion) Timid Natured

Any good? I have a suspicion they are, but just wanted some clarification.

What are the IV's? The natures are good, but IV's are super important.

Slick
11th April 2009, 7:18 AM
I never really cared about IV's. Bad of me? Meh.
I'll check later. Right now I'm going to go play Guitar Hero.

Ebil McClucky
12th April 2009, 12:52 AM
One thing,are we bringing back the Security Guard? Because I just wanna know.

I never really cared about IV's. Bad of me? Meh.
I'll check later. Right now I'm going to go play Guitar Hero.
I don't really care about IV's either. I just usually power through the game.

Slick
12th April 2009, 2:45 AM
I don't really care about IV's either. I just usually power through the game.

I'm EV training now because I've finished the main plot line.

Amazing Red
12th April 2009, 5:22 AM
I'm EV training now because I've finished the main plot line.

Exactly the same thing I am going to do this year. By training to ev train during the story gives one a lot of trouble.

Also for u DSi users I recommend u DO NOT buy Masters of Illusions on DSi shop. That game sucks badly.

The 2 I recommend is Wario Ware, or Birds and Beans

Skater Trainer
12th April 2009, 6:56 AM
Hey guys since spring break for me is this week, I have been deciding on a game or a couple of games to play, something I do every time I get a break of some sort. Here is the list, and I need you guys to help me pick the order I do them. All are started but, others are almost done, but I'll only say which ones are almost done.

Punch-Out (NES)
Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Actrasier (SNES)
LOZ: A link to the past (2/3 done) (GBA port)
LOZ: Wind Waker (GCN)
LOZ: Twilight Princess(Finish last few dungeons)(Wii)
Pikmin (GCN)
Zack and Wiki (last few puzzles)(Wii)

I think more to come, as I go through things tomorrow, err, today. So help me compile a list to do this week along with my school work.

P.S. if my opening paragraph makes little sense, remember I wrote this at 1 in the morning, sleepy as all hell.

Love,

Skater <3

AerialAce!
12th April 2009, 7:25 AM
I say you tackle them in order from most complete to least, in order to clear out your unfinished game list. You don't want it to get as long as mine. x_x

My vacation actually ends tomorrow. I've not been on as much as usual because I'm spending time with my aunt (visiting from Las Vegas) and my niece (visiting from Maryland).

Fun times. Easter with a little kid should be awesome.

Slick
12th April 2009, 8:40 AM
I got Majora's Mask and Pikmin the other day. Both I find pretty hard. :/

Anyway, IV's:
Riolu: 25/15/25/14/9/15
Rotom: 27/7/23/12/8/1

Yeah, they're not good are they...

Skater Trainer
12th April 2009, 6:17 PM

Anyway, IV's:
Riolu: 25/15/25/14/9/15
Rotom: 27/7/23/12/8/1

Yeah, they're not good are they...

Not really, pretty bad =\ sorry, but I guess that's what breeding is for.

Anyone other than AA! have any options for my list?

GrizzlyB
12th April 2009, 8:13 PM

You have no idea how jealous I am that you guys have that game on your VC. Of course, I've still played it not that long back, but with ye olde controller, it's just that much less fun. =[

Anyone other than AA! have any options for my list?

I think I'm pretty much going to agree with him and say you should finish the two Zelda games you started. But beyond Zelda, the only game I've played on that list is Super Mario World, which you obviously can just pick up and play anytime easily, so I wouldn't worry about setting aside any particular time to play that, either.

AerialAce!
12th April 2009, 8:26 PM
You have no idea how jealous I am that you guys have that game on your VC. Of course, I've still played it not that long back, but with ye olde controller, it's just that much less fun. =[

List of weekly downloads comes out tomorrow, so it's not that unlikely that we'll get it soon. I'm hoping for some better DSiWare, too. I'm kind of regretting WarioWare Snapped, but as I haven't tried playing it since the day I got it, and the light was poor for contrast between myself and the area around me (necessary for the games to play decently), it may be better than I'm giving it credit for. Still have 300 in case a 200-point game comes out that I like, though.

Amazing Red
12th April 2009, 10:06 PM
List of weekly downloads comes out tomorrow, so it's not that unlikely that we'll get it soon. I'm hoping for some better DSiWare, too. I'm kind of regretting WarioWare Snapped, but as I haven't tried playing it since the day I got it, and the light was poor for contrast between myself and the area around me (necessary for the games to play decently), it may be better than I'm giving it credit for. Still have 300 in case a 200-point game comes out that I like, though.

Are you saying some new games for DSiware are coming out tomorrow?

And is it possible for DSi users to return the games they got in the DSi ware and get are points back?

AerialAce!
12th April 2009, 10:43 PM
Are you saying some new games for DSiware are coming out tomorrow?

And is it possible for DSi users to return the games they got in the DSi ware and get are points back?

A: It's possible, and I hope so. Monday is when new WiiWare and VC games come out in the US, and they changed the name of that release from "Wii-kly Update" to "Nintendo Download" or something.

B: No.

Meta_Ridley
13th April 2009, 2:28 AM
I'm waiting for my birthday in August to get the DSi. One, I'll have money, and two, good games should be out.

Ebil McClucky
13th April 2009, 7:37 AM
So, I found out I do have Wi-Fi if you have a wireless router. A year and I just relised this. I'm a *******.

So I've been exploring the GTS. Got myself a few Pokemon. Can't beleive how many people want Shaymin.

Slick
13th April 2009, 7:40 AM
Right now I am trying to get mah Pichu to evolve into a Pikachu, so I can breed it with Vaporeon and get a Bold natured Eevee with Wish. After that I shall evolve it to Vaporeon and EV Train it.
So who wants to donate a Water Stone!?

Also, if you wanted moveset:
Vaporeon (nickname undecided) w/ Leftovers
Bold Natured
250 HP/250 Special Defense/10 Special Attack or Defense (Not sure with this. It's been a long time)
-Surf
-Protect
-Toxic
-Wish

I'm not changing that moveset. I love it so much.
****** many a person off with it.

Meta_Ridley
13th April 2009, 8:12 PM
I will donate a Water Stone. I am pretty sure I have one on Platinum....

Also, I had no idea Pikachu could breed with Vaporeon >_>

Slick
14th April 2009, 12:06 AM
I will donate a Water Stone. I am pretty sure I have one on Platinum....

Also, I had no idea Pikachu could breed with Vaporeon >_>

It can, according to Serebii. I was really lucky getting my Togetic w/ Wish. I got one off the GTS. Lv. 30 Togetic with Wish. So I bred it with a female Pikachu and yay! Pichu with Wish.

Ebil McClucky
14th April 2009, 9:37 AM
So...I'm bored. Waiting on the GTS is boring. Also, can't beleive how people are expecting legendaries for their Bidof,Caterpie,etc.

So,what's going on on your sides of the world?

Amazing Red
14th April 2009, 2:03 PM
So...I'm bored. Waiting on the GTS is boring. Also, can't beleive how people are expecting legendaries for their Bidof,Caterpie,etc.

So,what's going on on your sides of the world?

Simple why something like that happens. GTS has a bunch of noobish little kids.

And they think they could give someone a starly and expect a Shaymin or something in return.

Ebil McClucky
14th April 2009, 2:20 PM
Also, that reminds me. Are we going to bring back the FC lists back onto the first post?

Or are we going to be lazy and not?

Also,got a form Shaymin. Just need Platinum and it will be complete...

SilverLanayru
14th April 2009, 6:33 PM
Goodness, due to having problems logging in and Serebii's laggy server, I'm starting to become less active again T~T

But anyways...nothing much happened in my Platinum since I've been rather attending online brawl tournies on the AllisBrawl site (haven't racked up any medals...but the higest place I've gotten was 13th in some tournies). And due to my pokemon adventures idling, I accidentally lost count of tallying speed EVs for my Lucario ;.; *sighs* Which is why I may plan to use Carbos as my back-up.

Ehhh...I've honestly never tried the GTS. And speaking of Shaymin, I already have my lovely TRU Shaymin...and with the help of my close online bestie, I managed to transfer it to my Platinum a few weeks ago. Hehehe...I'm always going to keep it in Sky Forme during the day. Skymin's my 2nd top fave pokemon of all time (with Jirachi being 1st, of course) :3

Atoyont
14th April 2009, 6:43 PM
Unless the mechanics changed in Emerald, you can only use Carbos and other such items until that particular Stat has 100 EVs. So if it's got more, you're out of luck. You could just use Berries, though (you only need 11, max, since the first one will automatically take you down to 100 if you have more than that).

The GTS was dumb in DP, have yet to check it out in Platinum.

Also hahaha Divine, good job.

Blazios
14th April 2009, 6:54 PM
The GTS was dumb in DP, have yet to check it out in Platinum.

Well, apparently the Platinum GTS now doesn't even show what level Pokémon the other person is asking for, which lowers the chances of finding a decent trade down to about zero. I hope they fix it, at least for the European release.

I finally have wireless Internet working again. I also bought Majora's Mask, which was number 2 on the list of games I want to play before I die. I've just hit the Owl Statue in Ikana Canyon.

Ebil McClucky
14th April 2009, 11:47 PM
Alright, just need a Mew and I'll have the whole set of "cute" legendaries.

Eh, might as well explore around Diamond and Wi-Fi. Platinum not going to be here for a fair while.

Slick
15th April 2009, 12:15 AM
You should try putting your Bidoof up. Might get a legendary. xD

Anyway, the GTS does suck in Platinum, for reasons Blazios said.
Also, right now I'm ****** off at something.
cool eh?

Meta_Ridley
15th April 2009, 1:30 AM
I got the DSi. I had a bunch of Wii/Gamecube/DS games I never play anymore, so I decided to turn them in at GameStop. My sister turned in her pink DS Lite, which makes the DSi only $70. All in all, we only had to pay $10 for a DS charger (because we needed to turn one in with the DS) and $2 for the money that the turned-in games didn't pay for.

Slick
15th April 2009, 1:34 AM
O_O
Could you possibly list some of the games? I too have games I don't play anymore. I traded Tony Hawk's Project 8 in recently for $10.00 towards Pikmin, and I have a heap of games I don't play, like *shudder* Rugby League 2. T_T
Actually, wtf am I saying. That game was fun.

Skater Trainer
15th April 2009, 4:00 AM
Been playing Zelda WW for the past two days. Been loving it. I just got the master sword and got the cyclone song (I forgot the name). Now I'm re-stocking items and exploring for a bit before I head off the the fortress and go after the triforce pieces, which I know is coming, because I spoiled almost everything for myself =p.

I am also looking for a new router. The family needs a new one, because our current one sucks. Anyone have any suggestions for a long ranged router that works with DS and Wii?

The_Mexican_Smeargle
15th April 2009, 4:46 AM
Hi, I've been a Nintendo fan ever since my mom bought me an N64 back in 98 I think? Yeah =P

Even through all the Wii music bull, I haven't abandoned the company that entertained me for so many years, although I do resent them a bit.

So may I join?

Slick
15th April 2009, 5:43 AM
Hi, I've been a Nintendo fan ever since my mom bought me an N64 back in 90 I think? Yeah =P

Even through all the Wii music bull, I haven't abandoned the company that entertained me for so many years, although I do resent them a bit.

So may I join?

Nope.

Anyway, right now I'm getting into the Manga "Slam Dunk" due to my love of Basketball. Bulls and Cavs ftw! Yeah.
:/
Righteo.
Also, I find Pikmin hard 'cos I'm crap at it.

Skater Trainer
15th April 2009, 6:25 AM
Nope.

Anyway, right now I'm getting into the Manga "Slam Dunk" due to my love of Basketball. Bulls and Cavs ftw! Yeah.
:/
Righteo.
Also, I find Pikmin hard 'cos I'm crap at it.

Pikmin is easy, it's all about multi-managing and making use of your time. You send pikmin group A to get all the food, group B comes with you for the kill, group C gets the ship part. You also need to know where everything is and how much time you have. It's fun, I'm gonna finish it, rather restart and finish, after I'm done with Wind Waker, I'm not sure if I will get around to it this week or whenever.

Your playing the wii version correct? Bah-humbug, the gamecube version is so much easier to control, I love it =3

Hi, I've been a Nintendo fan ever since my mom bought me an N64 back in 90 I think? Yeah =P

So may I join?

Sorry, you can't, please read the first post and try again

Thanks =)

AerialAce!
15th April 2009, 6:32 AM

So may I join?

I really want to say yes, but you've missed the password. Please read the rules, and come back tomorrow. We need new members.

Thanks,
AerialAce!
Owner

Ebil McClucky
15th April 2009, 6:40 AM
On light of recent rejection of a member, are we bringing back the SG? Because I've always wanted to get my mitts on that position.

And I've got my full set of "cute,pixie" legendaries. Thanks to the Diamond GTS.

Skater Trainer
15th April 2009, 6:41 AM
I really want to say yes, but you've missed the password. Please read the rules, and come back tomorrow. We need new members.

Thanks,
AerialAce!
Owner

Way to set an example, one liners....pssshh

As for gaming news with me, I have been massively breeding magikarps and starlys with this 31atk 31spd IV Adamant Ditto, and I really need to check the ivs. I have also been massively planting berries like salac and liechi and getting a lot of money with the old people near the pokemon mansion. So far, I have been very productive with platinum xD

Ebil McClucky
15th April 2009, 6:42 AM
On light of recent rejection of a member, are we bringing back the SG? Because I've always wanted to get my mitts on that position.

And I've got my full set of "cute,pixie" legendaries. Thanks to the Diamond GTS.

GrizzlyB
15th April 2009, 6:43 AM

You either got your systems confused, or your date is off by, like, a lot. In fact, the amount you're off by, should that prove to be the case, could very well be described as inconceivable.

Also, since it was being discussed earlier, I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't ever trade in their games. After all, how can you go back and revisit them if you don't have them anymore? D= I've always found something new in games if I go back and play them several years later, or can at least savor the experience of playing them all over again.

Skater Trainer
15th April 2009, 6:51 AM
You either got your systems confused, or your date is off by, like, a lot. In fact, the amount you're off by, should that prove to be the case, could very well be described as inconceivable.

Also, since it was being discussed earlier, I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't ever trade in their games. After all, how can you go back and revisit them if you don't have them anymore? D= I've always found something new in games if I go back and play them several years later, or can at least savor the experience of playing them all over again.

I personally only trade in games that I can't stand now or really bad ones, or ones I never liked or never played. Ever hear of Santa saved the Earth? One of the worst games ever for GBA and PSX? I owned it, why keep such a shitty game, if I knew everyone else hated so bad, I would have sent it to AVGN xD.

But yea, I return games I don't really want to see anymore, like PMD1 or Lego Racers. I keep games that have sentimental value, like tony hawk downhill jam on the Ds, or games I like, like Pokemon Ranger.

AerialAce!
15th April 2009, 6:58 AM
It's not necessary now, due to the size of the club.

You either got your systems confused, or your date is off by, like, a lot.
I was thinking the same thing. Didn't feel it was worth mentioning in my last post, though.

In fact, the amount you're off by, should that prove to be the case, could very well be described as inconceivable.
Now THERE'S a quote I didn't need stuck in my head right now.

Let the record show that my user title was "Inconceivable!" long before this incident, so people reading this don't get confused.

I'm with you. There are some random games I'm considering getting rid of in my collection, though. Things like The Sims 2 (Wii) and some random movie games my parents and relatives got me over the years.

Gotta go, the movie my parents are watching is playing "Don't Stop Believin'" and I can't not sing along.

EDIT: Dammit, I need Rock Band.

*sigh*

I've been using my DSi more for music than anything else, as I somehow managed to get myself hooked on Metroid Zero Mission the day before it came out, and I've almost finished it on Hard with 100%. The ending sequence is insane, though. I cna beat Mecha Ridley, but the Space Pirate ambushes on the way out of the space station are unbearable. You can't fight two black pirates with a slew of red ones jumping down from above and not die!

Skater Trainer
15th April 2009, 7:05 AM
Gotta go, the movie my parents are watching is playing "Don't Stop Believin'" and I can't not sing along.

Just a small town girl....
Living in a lonely world...
She took the midnight train going an-y-wheree

Just a city boy..
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train going an-y-whereee

God I love Journey with a Passion.

Just chained a shiny Kirla, then my chain broke. At least I got lucky at 22

GrizzlyB
15th April 2009, 7:16 AM
I personally only trade in games that I can't stand now or really bad ones, or ones I never liked or never played. Ever hear of Santa saved the Earth? One of the worst games ever for GBA and PSX? I owned it, why keep such a shitty game, if I knew everyone else hated so bad, I would have sent it to AVGN xD.

Oh. I don't think I've ever really actually had games that I would qualify as "shitty". Which is actually a bit surprising, considering I oftentimes buy games knowing nothing about it besides what the picture on the front looks like, or vaguely recall hearing that a random internet board member may or may not have liked a title that's probably similar.

Let the record show that my user title was "Inconceivable!" long before this incident, so people reading this don't get confused.

Ah, being on your user title right above the post would quite possibly explain my previously inexplicable desire to use that word there.

I'm with you. There are some random games I'm considering getting rid of in my collection, though. Things like The Sims 2 (Wii) and some random movie games my parents and relatives got me over the years.

Yeah, I think I could understand getting rid of smelly games that eat up 80% of your memory or somebody who doesn't know anything about video games got you. I guess that's why I make every attempt to regulate and be picky about games gifted to me.

God, I love Journey.

God I love Journey with a Passion.

QFT. But it seems like all anybody knows of their material is Don't Stop Believin' and maybe Any Way You Want It. =[

Skater Trainer
15th April 2009, 7:21 AM
God, I love Journey.

Don't we all.....

They seriously need to make a journey GH or rock band. They have metalica, aerosmith, and soon beatles. Journey needs to be done.

Also did you know there was a journey video game, not music, but journey, like moonwalker.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1884852

Here's some footage of it in a part of the video.

QFT. But it seems like all anybody knows of their material is Don't Stop Believin' and maybe Any Way You Want It. =[

My personal favorite songs, but I also like the classics, one that comes to mind is wheels in the sky. None others come to mind since its 1:22 in the bloody morning.

GrizzlyB
15th April 2009, 7:33 AM
Also did you know there was a journey video game, not music, but journey, like moonwalker.

I recall reading about that. If I'm remembering rightly, it was pretty God-awful, though. Plus, who really likes arcade games?

My personal favorite songs, but I also like the classics, one that comes to mind is wheels in the sky. None others come to mind since its 1:22 in the bloody morning.

Wheel in the Sky is actually the song that first drew me to Journey, which I guess a lot of people know. I also forgot, another song a lot of people know is Faithfully, because it was in that one movie what with Will Ferrell and the racing cars. And Lights. But they've got a ton of great stuff beyond any of that, and people don't even know.

Also, Nintendo.

Slick
15th April 2009, 7:42 AM
Pikmin is easy, it's all about multi-managing and making use of your time. You send pikmin group A to get all the food, group B comes with you for the kill, group C gets the ship part. You also need to know where everything is and how much time you have. It's fun, I'm gonna finish it, rather restart and finish, after I'm done with Wind Waker, I'm not sure if I will get around to it this week or whenever.

Your playing the wii version correct? Bah-humbug, the gamecube version is so much easier to control, I love it =3

bleargh. I suck at multi-tasking. Plus I used to have like heaps of Pikmin and now I have hardly any. I need to spend a day at the Impact Site to get lots more Pikmin.

Trade for PokeDex purposes?

Just chained a shiny Kirla, then my chain broke. At least I got lucky at 22

I get lucky.
EVERY.
SINGLE.
NIGHT.
;D

Also:

inconceivable.

inconceivable.

inconceivable.

inconceivable.

inconceivable.

inconceivable.

inconceivable.

inconceivable.

inconceivable.

inconceivable.

inconceivable.

Ebil McClucky
15th April 2009, 9:19 AM
Trade for PokeDex purposes?

Nah, can't trust a person of your personality. Besides, they might be hacked anyway. Don't want to ruin your game.

It's not necessary now, due to the size of the club.
Yeah, I know but, are we when numbers boost?

Slick
15th April 2009, 1:05 PM
Nah, can't trust a person of your personality. Besides, they might be hacked anyway. Don't want to ruin your game.

You sir, are an idiot.

It's been a while since I've play some Majora's Mask OR Pikmin.
Might go play RIGHT NOW.
>:[
:'D

Amazing Red
15th April 2009, 1:53 PM
I got the DSi. I had a bunch of Wii/Gamecube/DS games I never play anymore, so I decided to turn them in at GameStop. My sister turned in her pink DS Lite, which makes the DSi only $70. All in all, we only had to pay $10 for a DS charger (because we needed to turn one in with the DS) and $2 for the money that the turned-in games didn't pay for.

There wasn't a charger inside the DSi box? Because there is suppose to be one in there.

Does anyone know where to get a SD card for DSi?

Ebil McClucky
15th April 2009, 2:16 PM
You sir, are an idiot.

It's been a while since I've play some Majora's Mask OR Pikmin.
Might go play RIGHT NOW.
>:[
:'D
As if I didn't know that already my good sir.

Anyway, night y'all.

AerialAce!
15th April 2009, 3:20 PM
They seriously need to make a journey GH or rock band. They have metalica, aerosmith, and soon beatles. Journey needs to be done.
Just give them more songs in a core game. The Beatles Rock Band NEEDED to be done. The others are kind of annoying, to be honest.

Also, Nintendo.
Nice save there.

Also:
DDDDDDDD:

Yeah, I know but, are we when numbers boost.
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

There wasn't a charger inside the DSi box? Because there is suppose to be one in there.
You can't trade in a DS Lite without a charger, so he needed to grab one to get the special trade-in deal.

Does anyone know where to get a SD card for DSi?
Any SD or SDHC card works (either normal-sized or using an adapter to make it fit), so any electronics store will do. Best Buy or Staples or Office Depot or even Radio Shack or whatever.

Amazing Red
16th April 2009, 1:06 AM
You can't trade in a DS Lite without a charger, so he needed to grab one to get the special trade-in deal.
yeah I know. I was going to do that but they wouldn't accept because the bar code and went away.
But I was asking meta ridely was he shouldn't have had to pay for that charger because there should have already been a charger inside the box.

Any SD or SDHC card works (either normal-sized or using an adapter to make it fit), so any electronics store will do. Best Buy or Staples or Office Depot or even Radio Shack or whatever.

Thanks for telling me how.

ground tamer
16th April 2009, 1:57 AM
We need new members.

Do I count as a new member?

"What are nargles?"

To be honest, I had no idea that this club was going to do a renewing. My computer that I used freaksly broke about 1 1/2 months ago, and I haven't been able to get the darn thing fixed due to baseball/needing money. My activity on the forums has pretty much been nonexistent since, and I can only use my parents computer every so often.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
16th April 2009, 3:58 AM
Do you mean the "What are nargles" thing?

Sorry, that was a typo on the year, I meant to say either 98 or 99, I really don't remember.

GrizzlyB, there IS such a thing as human error, you don't have to try and be a smart*ss just to prove a point you know.

Slick
16th April 2009, 4:30 AM
GrizzlyB, there IS such a thing as human error, you don't have to try and be a smart*ss just to prove a point you know.

Yes he does.
I guess you're sorta in now.
y halo thar

Anyway, I'm looking for someone to do a simple trade then trade back for PokeDex purposes. I'm looking for EVERY Legendary excluding ones available in D/P/Pt. PM me if generous.

AerialAce!
16th April 2009, 4:47 AM
Do you mean the "What are nargles" thing? yup. Welcome to the club.

If he didn't, somebody else would've. I would have if it weren't your introductory post. Picking apart things like this is a common hobby on the Internet, mainly because it's fun. Just laugh it off like everybody else does. :P

Besides, it's the reason we all like GrizzlyB. He's cool like that. We also like Slick for being a tool when it's funny to do so.

Do I count as a new member?

"What are nargles?"
Close enough. Welcome back, GT.

To be honest, I had no idea that this club was going to do a renewing. My computer that I used freaksly broke about 1 1/2 months ago, and I haven't been able to get the darn thing fixed due to baseball/needing money. My activity on the forums has pretty much been nonexistent since, and I can only use my parents computer every so often.

Shhhhhhhh***************!
I keep forgetting to send out the PM to people that were active in the old club. Every time I tell myself I need to do something later, I forget about it. I need to get better at doing things as I think of them.

Whatever, I'll either send it out tomorrow or have someone else do it. It's about time I appointed a co-owner that's not [AceAussie]. Nothing against him, it's just that he left his old post because he was going to be inactive.

Slick
16th April 2009, 5:06 AM
We also like Slick for being a tool when it's funny to do so.

-scratches head-

Anyway, LOOK AT MAH LAST POST PLZ> I NEED POGEY MANS

The_Mexican_Smeargle
16th April 2009, 5:20 AM
lol, sounds like you think I'm new to forums c(=

Truth is I've been around for over three years. Don't ask, I'll just ignore the questions =]
I knew of GB for a long time, and I've seen the newer smart*sses aleady =P, they just make me lol ^_^

Is there a topic right now? Cus I haven't really noticed one.

Ebil McClucky
16th April 2009, 7:12 AM
-scratches head-

Anyway, LOOK AT MAH LAST POST PLZ> I NEED POGEY MANS
Oh for God's sake,fine. I will then. PM me when you feel like doing it.

Anyways, researching for songs that have hidden meanings. Really fun it is. ^_^

EDIT:

Feel free to make one. Doesn't have to be Nintendo related cause all we talk about is problems about our lives. Also, welcome to the club.

AerialAce!
16th April 2009, 7:55 AM
lol, sounds like you think I'm new to forums c(=
It was just that your wording was really similar to the people I run into that meet BCVM22 for the first time and get all indignant whenever he has a problem with something they say.

Either way, your typo was hilariously misleading. You were begging for it. XD

There hasn't been, technically speaking, a solid topic yet. Feel free to get the ball rolling if you want.

Feel free to make one. Doesn't have to be Nintendo related cause all we talk about is problems about our lives. Also, welcome to the club.
Hush, you. We socialize and mention what's going on, but it isn't the core discussion point of the thread and never will be. I don't want us shut down.

The hint is to hold in your offtopic garbage until you have something to post that actually relates to the club's main point of discussion or the conversation at hand, and share then.
------------------------------------------------------
Oh, regarding the Nintendo Club's Wi-Fi gaming ladder system, the Black Cat Project: I'm reviving it when my niece returns to her house sometime next week. I'll be too busy hanging out with her to keep it up until then. I kind of want to make it a forum-wide thing but I'll need help to keep things running smoothly if I do so, and I want to hear opinions on whether or not you guys think it's a good idea.

So... what do you think?
Vets: explain things to new members if they don't get what I'm talking about.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
16th April 2009, 9:17 AM
AerialAce! Hehhee, yeah, that typo was me shooting myself in the foot with a rusty bullet. BCVM22 can kiss me where the sun don't shine. I don't care for, nor do I fear, faceless internet idiots. I've seen much worse than those amateurs.

Alright then, since there's no topic I guess I'll start one

What was, in your opinion, the best Nintendo gaming console and/or handheld system ever made and why?

Best gaming system, the N64. It was revolutionary, even if it didn't have THE best graphics, it made me see video games as something more than pixels and clockwork. Somehow it gave life and personality to characters through animation. Arcade gaming was lame for me, and my cousins had an SNES, but I never played it; but as soon as I had my N64, no one could keep their hands off it. Even assembling the system was fun. We'd fight over the controllers to play Super Smash Brothers. Ahh, the nostalgia =P

pokefh
16th April 2009, 11:28 AM
What are nargles?

gotta love nintendo.

Ebil McClucky
16th April 2009, 12:02 PM
Ah! A new member that read the rules and got in on the first try! And an Australian too! THat something we don't see very much! Please,welcome,sit down! Slick! Get this man/woman/potato something to eat!

(jk)

But seriously, welcome to the club!

So that thing of trading between Slick and me didn't work out that well. Guess he'll never get that data off me.Meheheheheheehehe...

Meta_Ridley
16th April 2009, 1:38 PM
Most of the games I traded in were 1st or 2nd-party games D: I wanted to get my sister a DSi, too, though. The only games I kept were Brawl, MKWii, TP (only because I have yet to finish it), GHIII and RB, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Wii Play, and Boom Blox.

Atoyont
16th April 2009, 4:17 PM
Oh, regarding the Nintendo Club's Wi-Fi gaming ladder system, the Black Cat Project: I'm reviving it when my niece returns to her house sometime next week. I'll be too busy hanging out with her to keep it up until then. I kind of want to make it a forum-wide thing but I'll need help to keep things running smoothly if I do so, and I want to hear opinions on whether or not you guys think it's a good idea.

So... what do you think?
Sounds good to me. Will be happy to join once it is revived.

Best gaming system was definitely the N64. Gamecube was good too, of course, but the 64 wins because people still actually liked the games then, not just the graphics and whatnot.

GrizzlyB
17th April 2009, 3:35 AM

lol, wow, you've got to be pretty touchy and/or insecure to think that was a smartass remark. That wasn't even snarky. I'm well aware that there was an error in there somewhere, as no person with a functional level of intelligence could have thought they had something six years before it even existed. I simply pointed it out, using a choice of words which some people found amusing. (and just so we're clear, this comment, unlike my previous one, has some insulting connotations behind it, specifically douchy ones... which are well-warranted, I might add)

Yeah, could somebody do that? I don't know what it is (at least that I'm aware of), unless it's just that big list of FCs that goes on the first post.

Anywho, the best Nintendo console/handheld? I don't know, probably a toss-up between the N64 and GBA (SP, specifically). They both have a ton of my favorite games, like Paper Mario, Ogre Battle 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, etc. on the N64, and Fire Emblems, Golden Suns, Mario & Luigi, Tales of Phantasia, Pokemon R/S/E, and tons of other RPGs and ports on the GBA (and the SP's folding/light are just sexy). And then they both play well, and do the graphics necessary for the games, so they're pretty equal, as far as I'm concerned.

pokefh
17th April 2009, 11:59 AM
What was, in your opinion, the best Nintendo gaming console and/or handheld system ever made and why?

my favourite handheld would be the DS; i don't have a favourite DS in particular, i mean the phat was really cool when it came out, the lite was even better, and the i makes me feel better than the person sitting opposite me on the bus with a scratched up phat.

the touch screen really added something new to gaming, and the library of games is GREAT. whenever i look at the DS section i never think to myself 'there isn't a single game here i would like to try my hand at.' i've yet to try tetris, ninjatown or the Korg synthesiser game for DS, and i really want to. but i have to finish Mystery Dungeon first, and my funds are being saved for Platinum when it comes out in Australia.

BUT;

despite the fact it never really took off, i always wanted a Gameboy Micro. They were so small, which would be handy for public transport.

*sigh* i guess my parents are reasonable in not letting me ebay for one since i have a DS lite.

Now, as for a console. I have a Wii, and i love it to bits; it is my one possession that i would feel no shame in sueing a blood relative for, if it were ever damaged, but tbh a lot of the newer games aren't impressing me. of course you have greats like Twilight Princess, SSBB and other such first party titles, but pikmin was a letdown; the sonic games were let downs; no more heroes was ridiculously short; and animal crossing went from 110 bucks down to 58 bucks in the span of two months or so. not that i can comment on the quality of the game, i haven't played it, but i assume it isn't remarkable from the dramatic price drop.

but the console that never let me down was the N64; oh the childhood memories i have vested in this machine. waking up in the morning and jumping out of bed to see what would happen to Link today, the very first SSB (oh that giant hand...what fun) oh man, and my first experience of a truly BAD game: Dual Heroes. (HA.)

unfortunately, growing up with the N64 has made me too impatient for 8-bit and 16-bit games. which is a shame, because i usually think of myself as one who appreciates the classics thouroughly, but i just can't sit through more than half an hour of the very first zelda.

well, that's my two cents.

AerialAce!
17th April 2009, 4:07 PM
Welcome to the club, pokefh. Good to see you don't need a high member rank to elaborate in a post. ;D

Best Nintendo systems, eh?

Virtual Boy. It's like you're IN the GAME! And it's red and black! Doesn't get any better than that.

Yeah, could somebody do that? I don't know what it is (at least that I'm aware of), unless it's just that big list of FCs that goes on the first post.

Guess I'll do it, as nobody else has. In the Wii and DS Club, and later in the Nintendo club, there was a system of Wi-Fi ladders known as the Black Cat Project that Ace! came up with because he was bored and wanted to play with Photoshop/challenge people online. In essence, you sign up for, say, a Mario Kart ladder, and everyone is placed in random order on that ladder. To advance, you must challenge the people above you to climb up to the top. You basically end up with everyone ranked more or less by skill for every game.

It died because people kept forgetting about it and stopped making challenges in the past. I'd like to bring it back into the light, but I'm not sure if it'll do any better at all if the only difference is the time at which it is revived. It was a lot of fun as a club-wide thing where we could discuss matches and such, but it may die again if it's not brought back on a bigger scale.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
17th April 2009, 7:40 PM
lol, wow, you've got to be pretty touchy and/or insecure to think that was a smartass remark. That wasn't even snarky. I'm well aware that there was an error in there somewhere, as no person with a functional level of intelligence could have thought they had something six years before it even existed. I simply pointed it out, using a choice of words which some people found amusing. (and just so we're clear, this comment, unlike my previous one, has some insulting connotations behind it, specifically douchy ones... which are well-warranted, I might add)

I said you TRIED, never said you were successful, or that you specifically tried to attack me using a semi-complicated way of explaining things. What it was is idiotic, but whatever, apparently you enjoy stating the obvious to try and be funny, I don't really care.

I'm wondering about the motion+ thing for the Wii remote. Is it just me, or could they have done that sooner? I know it's all about the money, but still.

AerialAce!
17th April 2009, 9:45 PM
Smeargle and GrizzlyB, would you mind not needlessly flinging insults at each other? Griz admitted that he was simply pointing out the obvious and now you're doing the same by restating it in words that you find more amusing. This comment itself is pointing out the obvious if anyone happened to look back at the whole thing. The irony is drilling a hole in my skull.

@Wii MotionPlus: If you look at the information releases and such from before the Wii's release, it's more like they thought the original Wii Remote design was enough, and decided later to expand on it. They went through a lot to make it so the Wiimote didn't read things wrong from the very start, that it could read the angle it was being held at without needing any motion to do so, etc. The fans simply thought that would be ENOUGH to give them 1:1 motion control from the beginning and were wrong.

Wii MotionPlus is basically what all the big-eyed fanboys and -girls expected the Wii to be when they saw the commercials and didn't look into it. It may have been achievable sooner, and certain games would have been far cooler if it was, but in the end it doesn't matter.

Hopefully they'll come out with controllers that have MotionPlus built into them later or something. While the $20 addition for a MotionPlus add-on isn't staggering, the $80 necessary for a Wii Remote + Nunchuk + MotionPlus is a bit much for new players.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
18th April 2009, 1:59 AM
Yeah I know, Aerial. I don't believe much in apologies these days, they don't fix much. I'll give you a card for my neurosurgeon ;D

Meh, you should see the price tag on Wiiplay here in Mexico. When I bought it in the states it set me back 50 bucks, here it costs well over 1,000 pesos, which is around 90 dollars with today's exchange. Looking at it that way, the motion plus Wii remote and Nunchuck combo is bound to cost about 200 dollars here =O

Slick
18th April 2009, 7:58 AM
Slick! Get this man/woman/potato something to eat!
So that thing of trading between Slick and me didn't work out that well. Guess he'll never get that data off me.Meheheheheheehehe...

1. WHAT THE **** IS IT WITH YOU PEOPLE AND MAKING ME GET FOOD?!
2. No. You'll be helping me get that data later.
bish.

Also, I need a Water Stone and Thunder Stone.
bish.

GrizzlyB
18th April 2009, 10:37 AM
Guess I'll do it, as nobody else has. In the Wii and DS Club, and later in the Nintendo club, there was a system of Wi-Fi ladders known as the Black Cat Project that Ace! came up with because he was bored and wanted to play with Photoshop/challenge people online. In essence, you sign up for, say, a Mario Kart ladder, and everyone is placed in random order on that ladder. To advance, you must challenge the people above you to climb up to the top. You basically end up with everyone ranked more or less by skill for every game.

Whoa, that's actually pretty awesome. And effective-sounding. Though I guess that's entirely determinant on whether or not people stay interested in maintaining it, of course. It's sort of like both the ideas I had for the Brawl Club rolled up into one.

And speaking of Brawl, those of you who've played me in it will be pleased to know that my grabbing will now be more annoying than ever. =D I finally took the liberty and ten seconds required to learn reverse pivot grabbing. With the right characters, you can make some awesome-looking chains, not to mention it's more or less jump-canceling your grab (does that exist in Brawl? I don't even know). Also, even though I rarely tried her until just tonight, turns out ZSS is super easy to use. If you can paralyze the opponent (hell, you don't even need to do it) and get a grab in, just d-throw and you're set up for some easy aerial combos. 'Course, this would be more pertinent to the Brawl Club, but... I'm here right now.

Yeah I know, Aerial.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SilverLanayru
18th April 2009, 6:51 PM
Yeah I know, Aerial. I don't believe much in apologies these days, they don't fix much. I'll give you a card for my neurosurgeon ;D

*gasps* You did NOT just say "Aerial"?!?!?! :O

And speaking of Brawl, those of you who've played me in it will be pleased to know that my grabbing will now be more annoying than ever. =D I finally took the liberty and ten seconds required to learn reverse pivot grabbing. With the right characters, you can make some awesome-looking chains, not to mention it's more or less jump-canceling your grab (does that exist in Brawl? I don't even know). Also, even though I rarely tried her until just tonight, turns out ZSS is super easy to use. If you can paralyze the opponent (hell, you don't even need to do it) and get a grab in, just d-throw and you're set up for some easy aerial combos. 'Course, this would be more pertinent to the Brawl Club, but... I'm here right now.

Hehehe...if I ever brawl you again, I shall see whether it'll be really annoying to me or not. Anyways, so I've managed to have a small change of mains. From this day forward, R.O.B.'s my 5th best main :] I've been using him a lot recently...and I'm wanting to get better with him. And as for my Link and Toon Link, I finally get more into the use of bombs...which is why someday, I shall try to master bombsliding! Since I've already mastered the DACUS for my Link, it should be a little easier for me to do so...but apparently I still can't do it >_>;

The_Mexican_Smeargle
19th April 2009, 2:44 AM
Yezir, lol. And don't tell me I might as well have called AerialAce! a curse word, touchy people these days *calmness* -_-

I haven't played any online matches in brawl for a long *** time. I don't have wifi right now, but I'm not too concerned with it.

AerialAce!
19th April 2009, 3:45 AM
Yezir, lol. And don't tell me I might as well have called AerialAce! a curse word, touchy people these days *calmness* -_-

Ace! or AA!, please. Dominic works too. Just not Aerial. Sounds too much like Ariel. It bugs me.

Speaking of which, when I started Platinum I chose the female character because I didn't much care for the guy's costume this time around, and it took me forever to choose a name. Eventually went with Lily, as somebody suggested it to me and it worked for her appearance. It was only later that I realized I had the option of being an Ace Trainer this time around. Why didn't I go with Ariel? Ace Trainer Ariel would've been perfect.

pokefh
19th April 2009, 6:22 AM
i'm totally up for the wi-fi ladder thing. despite the probability i'll be at the bottom for most of its life.
i can wi-fi the following games:
diamond (though i haven't got a competitive team up and running yet...despite having the game for moe than a year now)
brawl
guitar hero wt (i suck)
phantom hourglass (though i'd doubt you'd ladder that, its pretty much a minigame.)
and i have explorers of darkness, but that's hardly competitive.

i can also pretty much go out and buy whatever is popular and being played by everyone if required.

also i see we got quite a few brawlers here. i play too =)

not seriously, i only practice enough to beat my rl friends.

Amazing Red
19th April 2009, 4:35 PM
Anyone plan on getting the Secert Key at Toys R Us today?

I plan on getting it to change my Rotom to wash rotom. Because I am finally going to Canavale and I am hoping he can learn surf.

Blazios
19th April 2009, 9:06 PM
I am hoping he can learn surf.

It can't.

Umm... how to lengthen this post...

I went to the UK Shaymin event on Friday and got 1 more Shaymin. I also bought Elite Beat Agents and Dragon Quest (I think it's the fourth one), as well as 3000 Nintendo Points for the DSi (They're 33.3% more expensive than Wii Points in the UK).

Skater Trainer
19th April 2009, 10:18 PM
Anyone plan on getting the Secert Key at Toys R Us today?

I plan on getting it to change my Rotom to wash rotom. Because I am finally going to Canavale and I am hoping he can learn surf.
It can't. The only water attack it can learn is Hydro Pump while in wash forme. It stays electric/ghost, it doesn't inherit a water typing. If you need to get to Canavale, just pick up a bibarel or Gastrodon to carry you over and swap them out at the pokecenter once you get there, its literally cross the water and you're there.

As for myself, I'm currently trying to hack my wii so I can do texture hacks and such in brawl, but the files AA! sent me aren't working right, I have to wait for him to get on AIM. Other than that I've been playing Wind Waker and Platinum. As for the secret key, I'll just wait for the wifi trigger tomorrow or if my friend goes, I can get it from him with th "from friend" feature.

Amazing Red
19th April 2009, 11:10 PM
It can't. The only water attack it can learn is Hydro Pump while in wash forme. It stays electric/ghost, it doesn't inherit a water typing. If you need to get to Canavale, just pick up a bibarel or Gastrodon to carry you over and swap them out at the pokecenter once you get there, its literally cross the water and you're there.

As for myself, I'm currently trying to hack my wii so I can do texture hacks and such in brawl, but the files AA! sent me aren't working right, I have to wait for him to get on AIM. Other than that I've been playing Wind Waker and Platinum. As for the secret key, I'll just wait for the wifi trigger tomorrow or if my friend goes, I can get it from him with th "from friend" feature.

damn I was hoping it would have worked. Guess I'll just get my Bibarel out of my PC.

Slick
20th April 2009, 1:06 AM
get vapreon plz

Anyway, I'm available all day today, so if you peeps who are gonna trade meh stuffs plz pm meh todayz
and shzzle
lulz
bishes

The_Mexican_Smeargle
20th April 2009, 10:11 AM
A bit contradictory there, Dominic, not much, just a bit.

Speaking of hacking, I didn't bother to backup my save file for twilight princess before installing homebrew, so I guess I get to do another 40 hour run around slashing things marathon. I doubt the new Zelda will come out by the time I complete it 100&#37;

Other than that, I guess all I get to do to pass the time is messing with ps some more.

Meta_Ridley
20th April 2009, 1:15 PM
Are there any good DSiware out yet? Also, the sound and camera functions get old, REALLY quickly.

AerialAce!
21st April 2009, 7:22 AM
A bit contradictory there, Dominic, not much, just a bit.

I am well aware. In-game would refer to the character, though, and then it'd be a good play on words. On the forums it just sounds like I'm being called by a girl's name, and that's kind of weird.

You probably understand this already, but I felt like spelling it out for the sake of clarity.

Are there any good DSiware out yet? Also, the sound and camera functions get old, REALLY quickly.

I can recommend Bird and Beans (called Pyoro elsewhere). One of those simple but addictive timewasters that can kill any stretch of unoccupied free time with ease, and the 200 point price tag makes it worthwhile.

Apart from that, the Art Style game is supposed to be good but I haven't seen it, and WarioWare is fun if you can find a place to play, but its light requirements are rather specific.

Ebil McClucky
21st April 2009, 7:39 AM
I personaly can't wait till I get MadWorld and The Conduit.I just seem to be into violent games all of a sudden.

Also, salt and vinegar chips are the shiz.

Blazios
21st April 2009, 9:49 AM
Are there any good DSiware out yet?

When Paper Plane is released in your region, get that. Like Pyoro, it's based on one of the WarioWare microgames and is also really addictive.

Also, the sound and camera functions get old, REALLY quickly.

I'll agree with the camera, but the sound? I have at least 1G of music in my library. Then again, I'm biased because of my love of hearing Trogdor 8-bit, or The System Is Down with Echo, or Moving Very Slowly... very quickly.

Strong Bad Sings FTW. For the record, you've got an ugly & stupid butt.

Slick
21st April 2009, 10:02 AM
I personaly can't wait till I get MadWorld and The Conduit.I just seem to be into violent games all of a sudden.
After hearing about The Conduit's online multiplayer options, I think I might get it. I need a good online FPS to play that doesn't cost me money (as in XBL Gold expenses) other than Halo. That having been said, I could go for the PC version of TF2.
Also, salt and vinegar chips are the shiz.
I have to agree with you there, although it's not being my favourite chip flavour. Chicken, Sour Cream and Onion and misc. (there are some more I know, but I cannot remember them at this time) ftw.

Yeah.
Yeah.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
21st April 2009, 11:20 AM
Ace, of course.

Today was frustrating for me...Well not really, but my hand hurt for a while due to the excessive amount of clicking I did in a half-baked attempt at photoshoping one of my sketches of Ness and Lucas. In the end I don't love it,but I don't hate it (http://themexicansmeargle.deviantart.com/art/ExpressionlessNess-119978749).

For those that don't like links for some reason, here's a thumbnail:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z115/Aviaris/MOTHERTHUMBNAIL.jpg

Amazing Red
22nd April 2009, 5:16 AM
It looks like they are going to make out. Or lucas is saying his final word to his love one before he dies. Other than that its good.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
22nd April 2009, 11:46 AM
lol, Amazing Red, you know I made it pretty damn expressionless for a reason. This is about whatever the hell your mind makes out of it. Some people might think Lucas is hurt and Ness is just helping him, some might think it's some sort of tragic love scene. Any way you see it, it looks a bit sad due to the background and the layers on top giving it a warm feeling. I wasn't aiming for that in particular, but I wasn't really aiming for anything at all.

I think I'm becoming ambidextrous from having to switch hands every once in a while because of all the clicking and dragging I've done lately =I

Meta_Ridley
22nd April 2009, 12:55 PM
I like their shirts =) It kinda reminds me of the SSE.

Anyway, I'm helping my friend Julien get R.O.B. on MKDS. His emblem was a rather poorly-drawn pair of... yeah. Well, it's not as bad as this (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=173).

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

[AceAussie]
22nd April 2009, 7:15 PM
It looks like they are going to make out. Or lucas is saying his final word to his love one before he dies. Other than that its good.

This!

Sorry for not being active.

Anyway about me, I got a new laptop, Nearly finished training the new additions to my team and its my 19th this Sunday, Workers are giving me a gift cause i'm the 'Smashinator' and i'm going clubbing on Thursday and Saturday and on Sunday hitting crown casino for some arcade action with laser tag :D

Amazing Red
23rd April 2009, 4:06 AM
;9638914']This!

Sorry for not being active.

Anyway about me, I got a new laptop, Nearly finished training the new additions to my team and its my 19th this Sunday, Workers are giving me a gift cause i'm the 'Smashinator' and i'm going clubbing on Thursday and Saturday and on Sunday hitting crown casino for some arcade action with laser tag :D

What do you mean by "This!"?

pokefh
23rd April 2009, 7:23 AM
When Paper Plane is released in your region, get that. Like Pyoro, it's based on one of the WarioWare microgames and is also really addictive.

I'll agree with the camera, but the sound? I have at least 1G of music in my library. Then again, I'm biased because of my love of hearing Trogdor 8-bit, or The System Is Down with Echo, or Moving Very Slowly... very quickly.

Strong Bad Sings FTW. For the record, you've got an ugly & stupid butt.

I'll download Pyoro now then =)

WarioWare is ridiculously frustrating, the recognition software is absolute crap.
Paper Plane is quite addictive though.

Slick
23rd April 2009, 9:19 AM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z115/Aviaris/MOTHERTHUMBNAIL.jpg

-angry "squint"-

The_Mexican_Smeargle
23rd April 2009, 11:02 AM
I got no idea what any o' y'all mean, but then again, it's 4am and I haven't slept right in days. Squint? As in the ocular action called squinting? Are you pointing out your anger with a squint like this >.> ? The geek term in Bones? Je ne comprend pas -_-

And on the MKDS thing, can you get R.O.B. in the US version???

Skater Trainer
24th April 2009, 12:10 AM
New Title, Avatar, and signature extension.

Other than that, been in the norm, playing platinum, brawl, and going to (maybe) get madworld this weekend if all goes well. Been super busy as of late with a ton of work. Also if any of you have never played it, go play You have to burn the rope (http://www.kongregate.com/games/Mazapan/you-have-to-burn-the-rope) it's ****ing amazing.

DTFBA

Ebil McClucky
24th April 2009, 1:49 PM
Ugh,it's a chain of bad luck followed by good luck.

It starts tomorrow,where I have to walk and play my musical instrument then stand around for 15-20 minutes.(I guess all the people I'm marching for that went to war and protected my country works out that kink)

But the good news is that my birthday is the next day! There's a good chance I'm going to get a DSi(cause my sister told me) but I really don't want one.

noobers
24th April 2009, 11:07 PM

Yeah, but I never unlocked him myself. :<

Speaking of Mario Kart, I've been meaning to get back to Mario Kart Wii because while the items screw you over this time around Wi-Fi is still fun, and the competitions were a neat addition. Meanwhile, I've been playing City Folk and Super Metroid.

Slick
25th April 2009, 7:14 AM
I got no idea what any o' y'all mean, but then again, it's 4am and I haven't slept right in days. Squint? As in the ocular action called squinting? Are you pointing out your anger with a squint like this >.> ? The geek term in Bones? Je ne comprend pas -_-

>.>

New Title, Avatar, and signature extension.

What IS this "like a boss" stuff?

But the good news is that my birthday is the next day! There's a good chance I'm going to get a DSi(cause my sister told me) but I really don't want one.

Send it up here plz.

Skater Trainer
25th April 2009, 10:00 PM
What IS this "like a boss" stuff?

Go look up "Like a Boss" by the Lonely Island, the same guys who made "Jizz in my pants" and "I'm on a boat". I love them, Andy Sanburg, the guy who started in Hot Rod and **** in a Box is the lead along with two other hilarous guys, I love their work, check them out/=.

Slick
26th April 2009, 1:08 AM
Ah. So it's another Lonely Island song. Sweet.
I shall go find.
^3^

Also, Mindless Self Indulgence is awesome. Look them up some time.

Ebil McClucky
26th April 2009, 1:45 AM
So, it's my birthday today. Got myself a DSi, on the charger,a tray of caramel chocolates and $170.

Pretty good if I do say so myself. Now,where is my damn cake?

Slick
26th April 2009, 3:25 AM
So, it's my birthday today. Got myself a DSi, on the charger,a tray of caramel chocolates and $170.

Pretty good if I do say so myself. Now,where is my damn cake?

I can has?
Please, if you don't want it.
Send it here.
People are desperate.
T_T

Ebil McClucky
26th April 2009, 3:39 AM
But first Slick, we must talk about my damn cake. Where is it?

Besides, I've broken it anyway already. The damn screen couldn't withstand my awesome strength.

EDIT:The money total has boosted up to $270

Slick
26th April 2009, 4:54 AM
But first Slick, we must talk about my damn cake. Where is it? It's a lie.

Besides, I've broken it anyway already. The damn screen couldn't withstand my awesome strength. You're kidding right?

EDIT:The money total has boosted up to $270 You're kidding right?

lolololololol.

Ebil McClucky
26th April 2009, 6:27 AM
lolololololol.
Alright, the screen breaking is all a lie but the rest is real. So give me my goddamn cake Slick!

Besides, you wouldn't want it anyways. It's got 10 photos of my dog and sister. Pretty much the same really.

Slick
26th April 2009, 6:33 AM
Alright, the screen breaking is all a lie but the rest is real. So give me my goddamn cake Slick! IT'S A ****ING LIE!

Besides, you wouldn't want it anyways. It's got 10 photos of my dog and sister. Pretty much the same really. I want it. nao.

ololoollololoolloolool

Ebil McClucky
26th April 2009, 7:08 AM
BUT I WANT MY ****ING CAKE SLICK!

Get me it Mr. Food man!

Also, I'm too addicted my DSi now. You're not getting it.

Slick
26th April 2009, 7:29 AM
BUT I WANT MY ****ING CAKE SLICK!
i lied.
Get me it Mr. Food man!
D: is that a crack about my weight?! D:
Also, I'm too addicted my DSi now. You're not getting it.bish

ollololollolololo

Ebil McClucky
26th April 2009, 9:26 AM
O_O Wait a minute. You're fat? Never expected that. Well, what do know? I'm fat too!

I say we hold off on the whole spamming up the place thing. Gets boring too quick.

AerialAce!
26th April 2009, 9:29 AM
A strike each for Slick and Divine.. The spam is getting out of hand.

Sorry for my recent inactivity, I just got a new cell phone and have been busy trying to exploit a potential loophole in the video ringtone function to make my own ringtones rather than buying them for $2.50 USD a pop. So far it has proven to be a lot of trouble. They included some sort of preventative measure that lets the files play but won't use them for phone calls.

Enough of that tangent. Just got out of a long and highly entertaining set of Brawls with fhqwhgads, Dimentio and Zink (I still need to get him to rejoin... he's my brother for God's sake). This game was made for free-for-alls. The four-man Jigglypuff ditto on New Pork City was absolutely amazing.

In any case, I need to go off and restart the Brawl club, or at least prepare the first post. I was chosen as the new leader for that now that the owner has stepped down. Now I have to run two separate clubs, and that one promises to be difficult to manage.

Ebil McClucky
26th April 2009, 9:59 AM
We'll be good Mr. AerialAce...

[/cutevoice]

Anyway, updated list of mine.

MadWorld
Platinum
M&L3
The Conduit*
No More Heroes**
*= Me likey shooters
**= To spite Slick

Slick
26th April 2009, 10:29 AM
We'll be good Mr. AerialAce...

[/cutevoice]

Anyway, updated list of mine.

MadWorld
Platinum
M&L3
The Conduit*
No More Heroes**
*= Me likey shooters
**= To spite Slick

Spite me?
What the hell are you talking about?
I love No More Heroes.

And no, I'm not fat.
That was a joke.
I'll be able to provide photo evidence, if you want.

And what are the strikes for? We weren't spamming.

Ebil McClucky
26th April 2009, 10:41 AM
And no, I'm not fat.
That was a joke.
I'll be able to provide photo evidence, if you want.
No thanks, I'm not gay.

And what are the strikes for? We weren't spamming.*coughcakecoughsplutterwheeze*

MadWorld
Platinum
M&L3
The Conduit
No More Heroes
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
S&P2

Amazing Red
26th April 2009, 4:45 PM
What kind of phone did you get Ace?

Divine I agree with you with Kingdom Hearts 358/2. I think its going to get a good score like Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass. Do you know when its comes out for America?

BrawlMaster
26th April 2009, 6:24 PM
Hello everyone! I've just been so swamped with school stuff lately and that entails Ultimate Frisbee practice/games, SGA elections(which I won!), Star Trek stuff and of course planning for my birthday which is in 2 weeks. I'm definitely getting a DSi, I almost had it yesterday but gramps wouldn't go for it. I want the one from Costco cause it comes with a bunch of extra stuffs like a car charger, case, screen protectors, 4 extra stylus, and memory card/game case. And I'll also be getting Platinum from Costco cause costs like $29 as opposed to 34 or 35 in the retail store. How far has everyone gotten (if you have the game)? I heard that you can save before you choose your starter, is this true?

Ebil McClucky
27th April 2009, 12:06 AM

Divine I agree with you with Kingdom Hearts 358/2. I think its going to get a good score like Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass. Do you know when its comes out for America?
Many people are saying 31st August but that's just the Gamestop date. So nothings been comfirmed yet except the Japanese release date. (30 May)

And, you guys are all mean. You didn't wish me a happy birthday yesterday. *sobs in corner*

Alzi
27th April 2009, 12:27 PM
"What are nargles?"

Hey everyone i'm back. :) Also may i please join?

Slick
28th April 2009, 10:04 AM
"What are nargles?"

No. >:[

Anyway, my Wii is gathering dust. I hardly EVER play it anymore. 360 > Wii.
Indeed.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
28th April 2009, 1:21 PM
Jesucristo

Anyway, if I had a 360 my wii'd probably be gathering dust, too. There's so much replayability in a lot of 360 games, whereas most of the ones with lasting appeal on Nintendo's side atm are brawl, and maybe Galaxy. Linear games like Zelda gave me like 60 hours...that's it, I can not tolerate any more wiimote slashing X_X, no more heroes felt SERIOUSLY SHORT. I want a 360, but I'm thinking maybe I should wait until the next get, but then again when something new comes out, it'll always be 1Up'd by a new version *thinks iPod*

I think it's sad really that so many are drooling over the conduit and MadWorld. Do I really need to explain?

Amazing Red
28th April 2009, 3:07 PM
No. >:[

Indeed.
I hope your serious of the bolded part. If you don't want that Wii I know who would want it.....
ME

Jesucristo

Anyway, if I had a 360 my wii'd probably be gathering dust, too. There's so much replayability in a lot of 360 games, whereas most of the ones with lasting appeal on Nintendo's side atm are brawl, and maybe Galaxy. Linear games like Zelda gave me like 60 hours...that's it, I can not tolerate any more wiimote slashing X_X, no more heroes felt SERIOUSLY SHORT. I want a 360, but I'm thinking maybe I should wait until the next get, but then again when something new comes out, it'll always be 1Up'd by a new version *thinks iPod*

I think it's sad really that so many are drooling over the conduit and MadWorld. Do I really need to explain?

PS3 is better then 360.

AerialAce!
28th April 2009, 5:49 PM
And what are the strikes for? We weren't spamming.
Dude. You totally were.

Samsung Rant. Having loads of fun with unlimited texting, which is weird because I didn't think I'd use it much at all. Then I realized I could get ahold of some Internet friends' numbers and chat as easily as an instant messenger without the need to sit at a computer.

Do you know when its comes out for America?
Pretty sure there is no set date yet, but I haven't exactly been scouring gaming news sites for it.

Hello everyone! I've just been so swamped with school stuff lately and that entails Ultimate Frisbee practice/games,
AWESOME. Ultimate Frisbee ftw.

SGA elections(which I won!),
Congratulations! What position will you be filling?

Star Trek stuff and of course planning for my birthday which is in 2 weeks.
Cool beans.

I'm definitely getting a DSi, I almost had it yesterday but gramps wouldn't go for it. I want the one from Costco cause it comes with a bunch of extra stuffs like a car charger, case, screen protectors, 4 extra stylus, and memory card/game case. And I'll also be getting Platinum from Costco cause costs like $29 as opposed to 34 or 35 in the retail store.
Sounds like a sweet deal.

How far has everyone gotten (if you have the game)?
Just made it to the Distortion World or whatever it's called. I've been reading more than playing games lately.

I heard that you can save before you choose your starter, is this true?
That has been true in every core Pok&#233;mon game ever, if I recall correctly.

"What are nargles?"

Yes. Very yes. Great to have you back, Alzi. Try not to intentionally piss off mods this time. As fun as it may have been, we missed you here.

Jesucristo
I am using that from now on.

Indeed.

Anyway, if I had a 360 my wii'd probably be gathering dust, too. There's so much replayability in a lot of 360 games, whereas most of the ones with lasting appeal on Nintendo's side atm are brawl, and maybe Galaxy. Linear games like Zelda gave me like 60 hours...that's it, I can not tolerate any more wiimote slashing X_X
Soon as I started hacking for longer replays and such in Brawl, I went ahead and use the Super Spinner and Super Clawshot cheats in Twilight Princess. The ability to clear entire sections of Hyrule by launching the Clawshot at a distant mountain, and the Spinner can achieve some amazing speeds and FLY with that code activated. I swear that game's replayability quadrupled as soon as I installed homebrew. Now I play it mainly for the zipping around and Wiimote slashing. Totally worth it.

I want a 360, but I'm thinking maybe I should wait until the next get, but then again when something new comes out, it'll always be 1Up'd by a new version *thinks iPod*
"You say you've had your desktop for over a week?
Throw that junk away, man, it's an antique.
Your laptop is a month old? Well that's great
If you could use a nice, heavy paperweight."

Is it wrong that Weird Al lyrics popped into my head as soon as I read that statement?

It's not the games themselves that are attracting the attention of gamers, but what it means for developers. If they are successful enough, they might start taking the Wii more seriously and develop other shooters and such that get an entirely different audience to the Wii. The Conduit has the potential to become the Wii's Halo... a base on which they can continue to build and improve until it evolves into an online game that everyone and his brother will be playing. High Voltage has already confirmed that they were to begin work on a sequel to it immediately after the first was finished, and though I think they should wait to see what the fans find right and wrong about it before moving forward, it's obviously the first step in the right direction. Besides, games take a long time to develop. Any changes they want to make based on customer reactions can be made later on.

PS3 is better then 360.
From what I've seen and played, the PS3 is an amazing system, but it just doesn't have the extensive library of truly great games that the 360 has--mainly because the 360 was the first of this generation of consoles by a huge amount of time. The PS3 has got its own games that you absolutely don't want to miss out on, though.... It's tough decision if you're looking to buy one, that's for sure. I'd go 360 because my friends all have it and I'd love to play with them online, and XBLA has got some great games that I've always wanted to play--but I'm broke at the moment and my current injury won't allow me to get a job easily until it's sorted out. The fact that none of the businesses around will hire younger people hinders me as well. There are too many grown men and women with children to care for that need jobs in the area. Crappy economical state ftl.

I'm going to go read a book. Still haven't restarted the Brawl club. Sorry to any members here that are waiting for it. I've been stressed out lately, and since my last pair of contacts was scratched I needed to resort to an older pair of glasses, which ended up giving me a constant headache for a few days. Saw my uncle (an optometrist) yesterday and he hooked me up with a new pair of contacts and will send me a case of them and a new pair of glasses before long. I should be better after the headache wears off.

Also, anyone wondering about the aforementioned injury, I'll explain later. It's a long story, and I'm already posting a huge wall of text.

EDIT: Piss pissing ******. Only one version of the word is censored? Weird. Oh well, at least it lets me change my wording so I don't have to use other means to dodge the censor.

In other news, read and watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's a great anime based on a great series of books. The first novel came out in the States a while ago, and I read an online fan translation of the others a few months back. The anime is pretty easy to find online. Guys: Try and get the hardcover version. It's got the original Japanese artwork and cover, whereas the paperback is planted in the section with all the teen girl books and has a cover to match.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
29th April 2009, 5:45 AM
I am using that from now on.

Go ahead =]

Soon as I started hacking for longer replays and such in Brawl, I went ahead and use the Super Spinner and Super Clawshot cheats in Twilight Princess. The ability to clear entire sections of Hyrule by launching the Clawshot at a distant mountain, and the Spinner can achieve some amazing speeds and FLY with that code activated. I swear that game's replayability quadrupled as soon as I installed homebrew. Now I play it mainly for the zipping around and Wiimote slashing. Totally worth it.

We really shouldn't talk about things like homebrew here, but if you could, PM me with the link to the TP stuff and I will be happy face

Is it wrong that Weird Al lyrics popped into my head as soon as I read that statement?

Kinda sorta, not a big fan of him, but not really.

It's not the games themselves that are attracting the attention of gamers, but what it means for developers. If they are successful enough, they might start taking the Wii more seriously and develop other shooters and such that get an entirely different audience to the Wii. The Conduit has the potential to become the Wii's Halo... a base on which they can continue to build and improve until it evolves into an online game that everyone and his brother will be playing. High Voltage has already confirmed that they were to begin work on a sequel to it immediately after the first was finished, and though I think they should wait to see what the fans find right and wrong about it before moving forward, it's obviously the first step in the right direction. Besides, games take a long time to develop. Any changes they want to make based on customer reactions can be made later on.

That is pretty much what I would have said had I not felt so lazy at the moment. The thing is, I feel a little umm... how do you say that, I forgot the word -_-, it's like, why the hell didn't they take the Wii seriously in the FIRST place? We could have been enjoying seriously well developed games for the longest time if they'd taken their time to work with the console and not just focused on making HUNDREDS of horrible looking games that consist of nothing but minigames. minigames minigames MINIGAMES, makes you wanna stab someone in the eye with the sensor bar really. You can tell what they were thinking "Oh, it's a whimsy system, it's not suposed to be graphically powerful, so lets just make it look like the gamecube excreted it, now for a game, I know! My little PONY" GAHHHH!!!!!! XP

The fact that none of the businesses around will hire younger people hinders me as well. There are too many grown men and women with children to care for that need jobs in the area. Crappy economical state ftl.

Hmm, I had no idea it was really that bad in the states. I figured most people weren't greatly affected. Still I'd rather let parents take my crappy job if it's to feed their kids, than for me to buy some chronic and a 360 bundle.

EDIT: Piss pissing ******. Only one version of the word is censored? Weird. Oh well, at least it lets me change my wording so I don't have to use other means to dodge the censor.

I see people getting by the sensor everywhere, but who gives a damn really. MODs post directly beneath them and say/do nothing.

Now for me to b*tch about me =], I got that Lan adaptor thing again. I haven't been on wifi since... '08? But I suck at brawl sometimes, and I lost my third Diamond version last time I went to visit my dad. I wonder if its there... Oh, and MKWii, I hate the AI hating on me every single time I'm on the lead, seriously it's just urgh *thinks about that old episode with the pink gummy bear thing in robot chicken*

Oh, and I'm sure at least some of y'all know a bunch of people are contracting some dangerous virus thing in Mexico's capital, they're talking about it like they would about the bird flu in the US. If anyone passing through the infected area contracts the illness and boards an airplane, this could easily spread anywhere and everywhere exponentially due to various obvious reasons.

AerialAce!
29th April 2009, 7:08 AM
We really shouldn't talk about things like homebrew here, but if you could, PM me with the link to the TP stuff and I will be happy face
Mods don't care about discussion about hacking in general; they're against discussion of emulators, ROMs, and people trading/using hacked Pok&#233;mon to cheat other users out of their event Pok&#233;mon/shinies/whatever. I really don't get why they don't just make their own shinies of they can already hack.

I've seen multiple mods participate in discussions involving homebrew, especially on the Wii. Have you already got the channel installed and need the Twilight Princess hacking info, or were you looking for help getting started? If you're new to the scene, it's impossible right now to install homebrew on a Wii with system menu version 4.0 or higher. Nintendo finally, permanently blocked the gateway through which people have been installing it for ages.

That is pretty much what I would have said had I not felt so lazy at the moment. The thing is, I feel a little umm... how do you say that, I forgot the word -_-, it's like, why the hell didn't they take the Wii seriously in the FIRST place? We could have been enjoying seriously well developed games for the longest time if they'd taken their time to work with the console and not just focused on making HUNDREDS of horrible looking games that consist of nothing but minigames. minigames minigames MINIGAMES, makes you wanna stab someone in the eye with the sensor bar really. You can tell what they were thinking "Oh, it's a whimsy system, it's not suposed to be graphically powerful, so lets just make it look like the gamecube excreted it, now for a game, I know! My little PONY" GAHHHH!!!!!! XP
The main problem is that the Wii's family-friendly image means parents will actually BUY the garbage they throw on the shelves, especially if it has a popular kid show character or the word "Disney" on it. If people actually cared enough to look into things and buy actually good games over cheap ones, the developers would see the sales trends and switch things up.

Also, if they looked like Gamecube games I wouldn't really mind. The Gamecube, compared to the other last-gen systems, had was the strongest in terms of graphics by a good amount. The problem was that everyone limited themselves to the abilities of the PS2, which couldn't handle very much by comparison. The proof is in the truly great examples. Anyone that has played Metroid Prime and its sequel, or Pikmin 2, or a good few other games would not complain at all about the graphics on the Gamecube.

Unfortunately, the Wii inherited that problem. The PS2 is still ALIVE for God's sake, so they decided it was still cool to steal graphics directly from ugly Playstation games and shove them on the Wii with motion controls.

Hmm, I had no idea it was really that bad in the states. I figured most people weren't greatly affected. Still I'd rather let parents take my crappy job if it's to feed their kids, than for me to buy some chronic and a 360 bundle.
It varies from place to place. The local stores around me are failing left and right, though--despite being in a great location. It started with the small businesses, but now even the Starbucks and Quiznos down the street are closing up shop. Our whole area is new, so all of these places have only been around a couple of years.

I see people getting by the sensor everywhere, but who gives a damn really. MODs post directly beneath them and say/do nothing.
It's just that I feel that particular word shouldn't be blocked to begin with. It's kind of annoying to have to change font in mid-word to dodge a censor that stops me from expressing anger or frustration in a casual, but not profane, way.

Oh, and MKWii, I hate the AI hating on me every single time I'm on the lead, seriously it's just urgh *thinks about that old episode with the pink gummy bear thing in robot chicken* I gave up on MKWii before finishing off the Mirror Cup goals. I just couldn't deal with the game's crap anymore. It's not a bad game, but the items are so overdone I can't bear it.

Oh, and I'm sure at least some of y'all know a bunch of people are contracting some dangerous virus thing in Mexico's capital, they're talking about it like they would about the bird flu in the US. If anyone passing through the infected area contracts the illness and boards an airplane, this could easily spread anywhere and everywhere exponentially due to various obvious reasons.
It's big news over here. I'm just glad we got my seven-year-old niece back on her flight home before this became an issue.

Ebil McClucky
29th April 2009, 9:45 AM
Yes please.

Anyway, DSi's become addictive, my sister keeps taking photos of my dog and herself with it, my brother keeps using the internet on it, etc.

Oh, and The Conduit might be the Wii's one last chance before hardcore gamers sell their Wii's. Just throwing in my two cents.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
29th April 2009, 10:39 AM
Big Wall o' text warning

Yes please.

Read the big walls of truth =P

Anyway, DSi's become addictive, my sister keeps taking photos of my dog and herself with it, my brother keeps using the internet on it, etc.

Oh, and The Conduit might be the Wii's one last chance before hardcore gamers sell their Wii's. Just throwing in my two cents.

That's exactly what it was designed to do. It's not about better gaming hardware capabilities, it's about casual appeal and taking money from upper middle class and rich kids/grandmas/soccer moms and other mindless drones/bored and easily amused people.

Mods don't care about discussion about hacking in general; they're against discussion of emulators, ROMs, and people trading/using hacked Pok&#233;mon to cheat other users out of their event Pok&#233;mon/shinies/whatever. I really don't get why they don't just make their own shinies of they can already hack.

Everyone with a spare twenty bucks and a seriously killer team hacks, I'm serious, hardly anyone wants to spend hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of their lives breeding and EV training, especially without PokeRus. Now there ARE honest players out there that go through that hell, but mostly because they're what you would call Obsessive Compulsive Disorder patients =P

I've seen multiple mods participate in discussions involving homebrew, especially on the Wii. Have you already got the channel installed and need the Twilight Princess hacking info, or were you looking for help getting started? If you're new to the scene, it's impossible right now to install homebrew on a Wii with system menu version 4.0 or higher. Nintendo finally, permanently blocked the gateway through which people have been installing it for ages.

I already have homebrew, and was able to install a patch for it to work on 3.3U without wifi =O, took me a while to find the WAD manager that would run, but I found it and almost cried lol. Since then, a Link to the Past has been my oldschool candy. My hand trembled when I put my Wii back online a few days ago, I was like, hmm a new update? Hell no =P *clicks no*

Back to the TP thing, gimme the link...now =X

The main problem is that the Wii's family-friendly image means parents will actually BUY the garbage they throw on the shelves, especially if it has a popular kid show character or the word "Disney" on it. If people actually cared enough to look into things and buy actually good games over cheap ones, the developers would see the sales trends and switch things up.

That damn diabolical corporation >.> "Casual gamers" just look at the pretty cover and go straight for the register, they don't even bother to read the back, which is purposely in tiny text. Of course Disney's pretty illustrations attract kids like a Venomoth to a flame =P

Also, if they looked like Gamecube games I wouldn't really mind. The Gamecube, compared to the other last-gen systems, had was the strongest in terms of graphics by a good amount. The problem was that everyone limited themselves to the abilities of the PS2, which couldn't handle very much by comparison. The proof is in the truly great examples. Anyone that has played Metroid Prime and its sequel, or Pikmin 2, or a good few other games would not complain at all about the graphics on the Gamecube.

I only got a few minutes with Metroid Prime, I forgot my gamecube controller in CO lol, but it looked just as good as Corruption from what I saw, though corruption gets really complex looking near the end of course.

Unfortunately, the Wii inherited that problem. The PS2 is still ALIVE for God's sake, so they decided it was still cool to steal graphics directly from ugly Playstation games and shove them on the Wii with motion controls.

Hmmm, I remember a certain ps2 game that got killed on the wii, don't remember the name but it got a lot of hate. Of course there are a lot of those, and I've seen even worse.

Even Nintendo went lazy, and on some of their well established franchises. Twilight princess, I understand, it looks awesome for the gamecube, and the art style saves it from a total fail on the Wii, but why Pokemon Battle Revolution? Now I know what you're gonna say when I mention this, but seriously, PBR looks ugly for the time. Seriously, most of the attacks are one or two two-dimensional animation layers that go across the screen. Look at the weather effects, hell they looked better in Colosseum for god's sake. Now I know that they had a lot of 3d modeling to do, and hundreds of moves to animate, but you don't have that much to display at once in a Pokemon battle, so there's no excuse for the whimsy cartoony cell-shade-wanna-be look they gave it. The false promises of collision response in both the environment and the Pokemon didn't help their case much either. But enough about PBR, I could go on for hours about that piece of s**t game I managed to purchase, get this, twice =P

It varies from place to place. The local stores around me are failing left and right, though--despite being in a great location. It started with the small businesses, but now even the Starbucks and Quiznos down the street are closing up shop. Our whole area is new, so all of these places have only been around a couple of years.

Hmm, I never figured it was gonna get that bad, nothing happened while I was around, but as soon as I crossed the border back down south... SEE, you people NEED mexicans =P [/IDIOCY] I heard a while ago that Circuit city went down, and was thinking about the next goliath that would fall crossing my fingers with my eyes closed whispering "McD's, McD's, McD's..." for some reason. Now of fcourse that's probably never going to happen, one that I WOULD expect to fall would be Best Buy.

It's just that I feel that particular word shouldn't be blocked to begin with. It's kind of annoying to have to change font in mid-word to dodge a censor that stops me from expressing anger or frustration in a casual, but not profane, way.

I just try not to swear as much, though it's hard, I have a very profane mouth, but in real life they tell me I don't look good swearing, apparently I look to noble :rolleyes:

I gave up on MKWii before finishing off the Mirror Cup goals. I just couldn't deal with the game's crap anymore. It's not a bad game, but the items are so overdone I can't bear it.

I let my neighbor borrow my Wii and MKwii so that he would unlock the stages for me since I couldn't play for more than a couple of races without getting a major headache from frustration. I went online the other day, and droped out of the second race with steam whistling out my ears from going from 3rd to 10th place a few feet away from the finish line. lol, once I remember someone's red shell hitting me straight across the finish line which wasn't bad, I didn't loose my position, but still =P

It's big news over here. I'm just glad we got my seven-year-old niece back on her flight home before this became an issue.

Is it really? Well I'm glad she's alright. They're trying to round up the sick in Mexico D.F., which I think is never gonna work since there are millions of people living in that tiny city, it's obviously going to continue for a while. School is closed there, and in surrounding areas, and other precautions are being taken, but these Mexicans can't deal with sh*t. If this were a Zombie crisis, I'd probably be eating brains by now -_-;

Alzi
29th April 2009, 11:20 AM
I got my game and watch collection today from club nintendo Australia. <3

I've kept it sealed still in the plastic it came in and just put it up in my cabinet. Although the postage it came in was in this white sort of like enveloped shape that was built from bubble rap. I was hoping for it to come in a box since it would look more strong in there oh well it's here now and nothing is broken on it so good job nintendo australia. :P

Meta_Ridley
29th April 2009, 1:31 PM
I beat Phoenix Wright yesterday, after being stuck for a while. I love Gant's "surprised" pose. Hey, Ace!, can you give me the link to that site that has all of the PW sprites?

I also got the Paper Airplane DSiWare. I already beat all of the time trials, and my Endless score is 89.

AerialAce!
29th April 2009, 3:57 PM
That's exactly what it was designed to do. It's not about better gaming hardware capabilities, it's about casual appeal and taking money from upper middle class and rich kids/grandmas/soccer moms and other mindless drones/bored and easily amused people.
Granted, it is a far more powerful system than the DS Lite and developers can take advantage of both that and the online store in order to treat gamers to better and more complex games, but Nintendo's a corporation and corporations do things because they want to make money.

Everyone with a spare twenty bucks and a seriously killer team hacks, I'm serious, hardly anyone wants to spend hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of their lives breeding and EV training, especially without PokeRus. Now there ARE honest players out there that go through that hell, but mostly because they're what you would call Obsessive Compulsive Disorder patients =P
It was true that you need a serious case of OCD to EV train in third-gen games, but with the Power items it's about a half-hour of work, especially when PokéRus is so easy to get with online trading. The breeding, on the other hand, still takes ages of effort.

I already have homebrew, and was able to install a patch for it to work on 3.3U without wifi =O, took me a while to find the WAD manager that would run, but I found it and almost cried lol. Since then, a Link to the Past has been my oldschool candy. My hand trembled when I put my Wii back online a few days ago, I was like, hmm a new update? Hell no =P *clicks no*
Go ahead and update. It doesn't hurt people with homebrew at all (apart from disabling the thing that plays non-Wii DVDs, but with the direction codes are taking nowadays it's hardly necessary), it just blocks you from installing it if you don't already have it. Also, update 4.0's SD card menu is the shiz.

Back to the TP thing, gimme the link...now =X
Does your Wii use NSTC-U? Have you used codes before? If so, do you have Gecko OS?
If you answered "no" to any of these questions, bug me in a PM, or preferably on MSN Messenger (nwadsc@hotmail.com) or AIM (Burninator755). It takes a bit of explaining and with Instant Messengers I can just give you the files instead of pointing to them.

That damn diabolical corporation >.> "Casual gamers" just look at the pretty cover and go straight for the register, they don't even bother to read the back, which is purposely in tiny text. Of course Disney's pretty illustrations attract kids like a Venomoth to a flame =P
I blame soccer moms. Not all soccer moms, of course. I know some soccer moms whose kids have actually decent games... but it's not their mom picking them out, is it?

Hmmm, I remember a certain ps2 game that got killed on the wii, don't remember the name but it got a lot of hate. Of course there are a lot of those?
Okami. I have it, and I absolutely loved the game. It's unique art style made the PS2 graphics look perfectly normal. The controls were the thing people hated about it, as the controller felt more natural. I've never played on PS2, so I didn't have anything to compare it to. Hence the love.

Even Nintendo went lazy, and on some of their well established franchises. Twilight princess, I understand, it looks awesome for the gamecube, and the art style saves it from a total fail on the Wii,
Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game and always have been. It was ported to the Wii because people wanted Zelda on it. Hell, it's incredibly obvious that it's a Gamecube game when you look at the fact that Hyrule is backwards on the Wii and Link is right-handed.

I don't feel like quoting the PBR part. I mostly agree. Still hoping for a good Colosseum/XD-like game, especially if they improve on the graphic presentation.

I heard a while ago that Circuit city went down, and was thinking about the next goliath that would fall crossing my fingers with my eyes closed whispering "McD's, McD's, McD's..." for some reason. Now of fcourse that's probably never going to happen, one that I WOULD expect to fall would be Best Buy.
McDonald's is never going to die. Best Buy probably won't fall because they don't have much competition anymore, with Circuit City out of the way.

Is it really? Well I'm glad she's alright.
She was visiting from Maryland (I'm in Florida), and flew down by herself. I don't think she would have been able to handle the extra security. The airline people were really nice, so they probably would have helped, but I'd still have been worried sick.

They're trying to round up the sick in Mexico D.F., which I think is never gonna work since there are millions of people living in that tiny city, it's obviously going to continue for a while. School is closed there, and in surrounding areas, and other precautions are being taken, but these Mexicans can't deal with sh*t. If this were a Zombie crisis, I'd probably be eating brains by now -_-;
My brother and his friend came up with a plan of action for zombie attacks. I can't believe people don't think he's a complete nerd at school. It's like he's two different people.

I got my game and watch collection today from club nintendo Australia. <3

I've kept it sealed still in the plastic it came in and just put it up in my cabinet.
Keep it close at hand. It's an awesome time-waster.

Although the postage it came in was in this white sort of like enveloped shape that was built from bubble rap. I was hoping for it to come in a box since it would look more strong in there oh well it's here now and nothing is broken on it so good job nintendo australia. :P
A lot of people do that. They're quite safe, actually. Both my G&W Collection and my Mario game case came in those.

I beat Phoenix Wright yesterday, after being stuck for a while. I love Gant's "surprised" pose. Hey, Ace!, can you give me the link to that site that has all of the PW sprites?
Sure thing. (http://www.court-records.net/Media.htm)

I also got the Paper Airplane DSiWare. I already beat all of the time trials, and my Endless score is 89.
Is it a stylus game or a button one? I'm not buying anything with heavy stylus use until I get a good screen protector, but I've heard great things about it and I'll snap it up in an instant if it uses the buttons.

FlamingRuby
29th April 2009, 4:11 PM
What are nargles, you ask? Nintendo fans!

I've grown up with Nintendo, and still have many fond memories of questing with Mario and Link...so can I join?

AerialAce!
29th April 2009, 4:13 PM
What are nargles, you ask? Nintendo fans!

I've grown up with Nintendo, and still have many fond memories of questing with Mario and Link...so can I join?

Absolutely. Welcome to the club!

FlamingRuby
29th April 2009, 6:21 PM
Thank you!

I still have a working NES, and aside from it being a little fussy when games are put in, it works very nicely.

I really really would like a Wii, though.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
29th April 2009, 11:08 PM
Ace, are you sure that the WAD managers still work in 4.0? I heard somewhere that the new update deletes the homebrew channel, along with other unofficially installed channels. I don' want to wait a few weeks/months 'til someone cracks the code again =/. I added you on msn, i'm ernesto.

On the PBR thing, I hope when someone asks him about a true pokemon game on the Wii Regie doesn't just come out and say "You mean like the Pokemon game we just LAWNCHED?" *big stupid-eyed stare* O.O

The ps2 game I was talking about is not Okami, it's something to do with greek mythology and some japanese dude hacking and slashing. Okami itself looks good, though I've never played it so I don't expect to hate the controls. I don't think you were really meant to re-play it with Wii controls, just like it's a frustrating experience playing n64 games with the classic controller. The location of the buttons is just way off from the great feeling you got when you had the n64 controller in your hands, it just felt awesome, though my hands are probably too big for it now =/.

FlamingRuby, I would kill for an NES since I never got to play one, classics <3. My cousin went to a thrift store and found a whole SNES system and bought it along with a bunch of games for it. Lucky find.

AerialAce!
29th April 2009, 11:24 PM
Ace, are you sure that the WAD managers still work in 4.0? I heard somewhere that the new update deletes the homebrew channel, along with other unofficially installed channels. I don' want to wait a few weeks/months 'til someone cracks the code again =/. I added you on msn, i'm ernesto.
Would you mind deleting and re-adding me? I denied it because I didn't recognize the name.

The ps2 game I was talking about is not Okami, it's something to do with greek mythology and some japanese dude hacking and slashing. Okami itself looks good, though I've never played it so I don't expect to hate the controls.
Apparently it happens every time they try to port a game based on mythology to Wii then.

I don't think you were really meant to re-play it with Wii controls, just like it's a frustrating experience playing n64 games with the classic controller. The location of the buttons is just way off from the great feeling you got when you had the n64 controller in your hands, it just felt awesome, though my hands are probably too big for it now =/.
It's my policy to use 'cube controller for N64 games, with the exception of Kirby 64. All SNES games get the Classic Controller treatment and NES gets sideways Wiimote. It's just the most comfortable way for me.

FlamingRuby, I would kill for an NES since I never got to play one, classics <3. My cousin went to a thrift store and found a whole SNES system and bought it along with a bunch of games for it. Lucky find.
I found an NES/SNES system for $50 at Thinkgeek.com. It'll play games for both. I'm thinking of picking it up myself, as I have two separate secondhand NES systems that don't start unless beaten for an hour and a half beforehand.

Finally got No More Heroes, along with Red Steel in that bundle deal. No time to play it now, but I'll get started--at the very latest--Saturday afternoon.

One more thing: Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations is due for release in the States this winter!

FlamingRuby
30th April 2009, 12:14 AM
I took good care of my NES--you can find them at garage sales and flea markets if you look hard enough.

As for games, you can look at a game exchange--the one in my area has two whole aisles devoted to the NES

Meta_Ridley
30th April 2009, 2:59 AM
Ace!, the Paper Airplane game is in fact button-only. I can't imagine how hard it would be with stylus play.... Anyway, I may replay either PW or AJ, after looking at some sprites on that site.

AerialAce!
30th April 2009, 4:44 AM
I took good care of my NES--you can find them at garage sales and flea markets if you look hard enough.
Unfortunately for me, I recieved my NES in the condition it's in now. Both of them, in fact. I've not been able to get it running for a couple of years now. It's sort of a room decoration at this point.

Ace!, the Paper Airplane game is in fact button-only. I can't imagine how hard it would be with stylus play.... Anyway, I may replay either PW or AJ, after looking at some sprites on that site.

ありがとう。 I'll pick it up after I play a bit more No More Heroes. I figured I'd give it a shot tonight, and it's so incredibly awesome I can't stop now-even with the migraine I'm suffering from right now.

BrawlMaster
30th April 2009, 4:50 AM
@ AA!: I'll be SGA Secretary. About the save before starter, I didn't know you could look in the briefcase, close it, save, then open it again and choose your starter. I will do that when I get platinum so I can get a shiny starter.

I had an NES but something inside burned out, so that was the end of that. It's a funny story, my life and video games. I was never really into consoles like that, it was all about handhelds for me. Then I caught pokemon fever when Ruby and Sapphire came out, this is when I started collecting cards and playing the games. Of cousre people thought I was weird because of it, but I didn't let that stop me so now I have a whole shoe box full of pokemon cards. Then I got into consoles when the Gamecube came out, I just had to have colosseum so I could get Jirachi and Ho-oh but thats a completely different(very funny) story.

Slick
30th April 2009, 10:40 AM
I'm probably going to be getting a cheap 16GB iPod Touch off eBay soon. One seller has many new 16GB's that start at $1.40 with $37.60 shipping. If I wait 'till the last second, I should hopefully be able to nab one. Then I'll go to school and tell the guy that recently got his at full price. xD
If not, darn.
After I (hopefully) get my iPod Touch, I'll start saving for that monstrosity of a console: the DSi.

Another question: Will an American iPod Touch (or perhaps iPod for that matter) work with Australian iTunes, etc.?

Light-The-Archangel
30th April 2009, 12:58 PM
This place wouldn't be fun without me would it? D:

I've always wondered though.. "What are nargles?"

And you should call the apple company Slick. I'm sure it would though. o.o'

AND OMG!!!! I gotta buy one from that guy.. I need one so bad!!

AerialAce!
30th April 2009, 4:38 PM
Another question: Will an American iPod Touch (or perhaps iPod for that matter) work with Australian iTunes, etc.?
I can't see why not. They use the same file format. If it doesn't, you could always send it to me. ;D

This place wouldn't be fun without me would it? D:

I've always wondered though.. "What are nargles?"

And you should call the apple company Slick. I'm sure it would though. o.o'

AND OMG!!!! I gotta buy one from that guy.. I need one so bad!!

Really? You're just now getting here? How long have we been in touch on MSN?

Haha, just kidding. 'course you're accepted.

-----------------

DSi's Moving Memo pad, which let you write memos and draw animations and basically just play around with drawing, is getting an upgrade already--despite not being released outside of Japan yet.

I'm willing to bet the reason for this is that they were waiting for version 2 before they put it up on the shop.

Anyway, the update give it the ability to send animations, download them from gallery of awesome ones, and send hand-drawn e-mails. The last feature alone makes it totally worthwhile. I'm pretty sure the Moving Memo Pad was a free download to begin with, so I guess this version will be too. Might want to check that fact elsewhere, though. I've got stuff to do, so I'm out.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
30th April 2009, 4:50 PM
Ace, I added you again.

my GC controllers back in CO, so that sucks for me.

I've had a ton of iPods. I loose them whenever I get drunk/high, so I'll just stick with the 8gig nanochromatic, and borrow my cousin's iPod touch when he gets here =P

Light-The-Archangel
30th April 2009, 11:28 PM
I can't see why not. They use the same file format. If it doesn't, you could always send it to me. ;D

Really? You're just now getting here? How long have we been in touch on MSN?

Haha, just kidding. 'course you're accepted.

-----------------

You forgot that you forget to tell me a lot of stuff. ^^

For Example: *goes on MSN and reminds you..*

Ace, I added you again.

my GC controllers back in CO, so that sucks for me.

I've had a ton of iPods. I loose them whenever I get drunk/high, so I'll just stick with the 8gig nanochromatic, and borrow my cousin's iPod touch when he gets here =P
Lmao!! Too bad I didn't get to wish ya happy 4-20. :P

The_Mexican_Smeargle
1st May 2009, 3:44 AM
Lmao!! Too bad I didn't get to wish ya happy 4-20. :P

Haha I don't smoke on set dates dude XD, that's totally against my believes on smoking man. Smoking is supposed to set you free so that you may soar higher than an Altaria... I haven't smoked in a while, since Mexican weed sucks and all the good herb is EXported. Also, they don't have my brand of cigarettes here, PrimeTime, so I quit smoking tobacco. It's been a bit over a month now =]

Ace, thanks a lot for the help with Gecko. I'm gonna play TP and forget a bit of my troubles soon. The skins are really tight too.

Slick
1st May 2009, 12:39 PM
mah plan fail.
stupid seller has set a reserve, so I'm sad.
So I be on the look for stuff.

I haven't played a game in days.
Basketball/physical activity ftw.

Meta_Ridley
1st May 2009, 1:08 PM
I haven't played a game in days.
Basketball/physical activity ftw.
DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Yeah... still unlocking R.O.B. on my friend's game. Um, other than that, no news from me.

BrawlMaster
1st May 2009, 10:26 PM
mah plan fail.
stupid seller has set a reserve, so I'm sad. lol, that happens to me ALL the time! You see I have this Ebay monkey on my back right now, trying to score a Mint D/S Star Trek poster. And when searching for cars, usually a Delorean, the seller always has a reserve and it completely blows my day. Um, T-11 days until I turn 17 and own a DSi and Platinum!

Slick
2nd May 2009, 7:54 AM
lol, that happens to me ALL the time! You see I have this Ebay monkey on my back right now, trying to score a Mint D/S Star Trek poster. And when searching for cars, usually a Delorean, the seller always has a reserve and it completely blows my day. Um, T-11 days until I turn 17 and own a DSi and Platinum!

lolwut?
I'm still searching though. After I heard of more things it can do I wanted it more.
T_T

Also, MR, try going outside a little more. I practiced Basketball for an hour and a half this morning. o_o

Meta_Ridley
2nd May 2009, 4:37 PM
600 points left on the DSi. Anybody know of any good games that are coming out soon?

Also, MR, try going outside a little more. I practiced Basketball for an hour and a half this morning. o_o
Tennis > Basketball

I play for two hours nearly every weekday.

BrawlMaster
2nd May 2009, 7:14 PM
@Slick & MR: Ultimate Frisbee every monday-thursday from 30-430 and sunday from 1-3 ftw! I'm not currently up to date on the games coming for DSi. T-8 til my bday and ownership of a DSi

FlamingRuby
2nd May 2009, 8:25 PM
I'm perfectly happy with my DS Lite, and do not see a need for the DSi

AerialAce!
2nd May 2009, 8:42 PM
Nintendo's not giving any warning about DSiWare releases, same as they do with WiiWare and Virtual Console ones.

So... yeah.

Also, a lot of people see things the same way. I would have waited until DSi-enhanced or DSi-specific games started coming out to upgrade, but the Gamestop trade-in deal is a limited thing and I needed the $70 boost to get it.

****aded in my normal black DS Lite for a blue DSi, kept the limited edition D/P Lite I received for my birthday]

Blazios
2nd May 2009, 9:03 PM
I bought the DSiWare Dr. Mario on Friday, just so I could play it on a trip to France in the summer, even though I have the WiiWare version, which is much better.

Can't wait for some new, good, original games to come out though.

I wish WarioWare: Myself! and Mario & Luigi RPG 3 would hurry up and be released.

Everyone's talking about exercise here.

Umm... does swinging the Wii remote count?

DEATH!

Ebil McClucky
2nd May 2009, 11:46 PM
Tennis > Basketball

I play for two hours nearly every weekday.
European Handball > Both of them

Nintendo related news, I still haven't spent any of my DSi points because I'm wait for the right DSiWare game to come out.

FlamingRuby
3rd May 2009, 12:30 AM
It has been confirmed that the Final Fantasy IV sequel is coming stateside on WiiWare this June.

Amazing Red
3rd May 2009, 4:13 AM
I bought the DSiWare Dr. Mario on Friday, just so I could play it on a trip to France in the summer, even though I have the WiiWare version, which is much better.

Can't wait for some new, good, original games to come out though.

I wish WarioWare: Myself! and Mario & Luigi RPG 3 would hurry up and be released.

Everyone's talking about exercise here.

Umm... does swinging the Wii remote count?

DEATH!

Is that Dr. Mario game has the same features as the one for SNES? Or does it have differnt features.

Meta_Ridley
3rd May 2009, 4:17 AM
I'm perfectly happy with my DS Lite, and do not see a need for the DSi
I was, too. Until my DS Lite hinge started to break. The funny thing is, it broke right after I lost a MKDS race (which I am usually unbeatable at).

Suikami
4th May 2009, 1:34 PM
What are nargles?

Anyway, hi there, hope you guys remember me. I just returned from a spell of Schooling-Is-Torture Syndrome.

AerialAce!
4th May 2009, 3:26 PM
What are nargles?

Anyway, hi there, hope you guys remember me. I just returned from a spell of Schooling-Is-Torture Syndrome.

Welcome back, Suikami!

Oh, hey guys, figured I'd post this here to see what you guys think:
http://pokebeach.com/

Scroll down to the second post.

...yeah.

Have to leave for an appointment, I'll drop my thoughts here when I get back.

Light-The-Archangel
5th May 2009, 4:24 AM
Playing Pt while my friend discovered something.

Vince for SSB4!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA

Suikami
5th May 2009, 2:13 PM
I'm currently doing a monotype challenge on Blue (Obviously I'm doing Water).

And yeah the possible GS remakes leave me neutral, seeing as it's coming to the 10th anniversary of the 2nd gen, I'm excited for them in that aspect, along with the fact that the remake can add a lot, make the games greater and fill in the lining that's been ruined Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Since those games were made, you can't look back at GS and say "Oh I remember that!" or "Yeah, that explains it". For example, what happened to the Sevii Islands during the second gen? So I guess the second gen can either include them, slightly have them in the Kanto section, or explain what did happen.

Other than those points, I'm neutral on the topic, though.