PDA

View Full Version : Now that you have platinum will you trade in diamond/pearl?

fire fan 888
27th March 2009, 5:59 PM
I am not going to trade it in at all.

Volteon
27th March 2009, 6:46 PM
Moving to where it belongs to, My DP Games..

and yes. I will when it comes here (april 10)

Anytyme23
27th March 2009, 7:01 PM
No I will not trade it in cuz I don't know if you can clone in plat.

Prince Amrod
27th March 2009, 7:31 PM
I'm not, I have a rather extensive collection on diamond of natured ditto. i plan to breed anything i need on diamond and send it over to platinum wen it arrives for added exp and easier levelling.

The Almighty Trainer
27th March 2009, 7:34 PM
i wish i could but i only have 1 ds

Alloute
27th March 2009, 7:36 PM
I have two DS's. But I don't want to trade, it seems like cheating in a way, I rather start a new collection in Platinum.

zlxq3000
27th March 2009, 7:52 PM
No way! My Diamond cartridge contains a nearly-completed Pokedex, as well as one of every pokemon in the world, and my Pearl will have a ton of stuff on it, too.

I think I'll trade in the third-gen games, though... Although maybe not Ruby and/or Sapphire, since I can get unlimited Jirachis in them, I think...

I'll put off trading in D/P until 5th gen comes out, when I can transfer all of my pokemon to a new set of games.

Spirit of Darkness
27th March 2009, 7:59 PM
I only traded 6 pokemon from my Diamond to my Platinum as a team, however I have got all the legendaries and 316 other pokemon in Diamond, so I am not going to trade unless I need it.

Drake Pokétrainer
27th March 2009, 10:02 PM
I probably will when it comes out.
That'll be a pain, I'll have to trade more than 500 pokémon and as much items as possible.

I'll probably ask one of my friends if I can borrow his DS for a while.

COKTAL
28th March 2009, 12:21 AM
I'm trading some pokemon over (for Dex, event extras like Regi and Shaymin, and a few EVed). I like making a team on a specific game and using it on just that game. I traded over my Weavile to use since it has False Swipe so I can SR for shiny legends, but that's about it.

Hoppip
28th March 2009, 2:23 PM
Nope.I've had to many great memories and moment's on my Diamond and plan on having more,not to mention all the work iv'e put into it.

masterleo
28th March 2009, 5:06 PM
Way to much blood, sweat, and tears into that game to ever give it away

Shikyobi
28th March 2009, 9:02 PM
Probably not, I'll trade the legendaries that I know I won't use to Platinum just to fill the dex and keep everything else like EV-enhancing items and competitive battling teams on Pearl since they're already there. Plus it doesn't hurt to get two events with both my games without the hassle of restarting.

(s.i.e)
1st April 2009, 1:58 PM
i'm thinking about it but i don't think i ever will, 160 shinies & 60 events is a bit too much to throw away just like that^^
(also to trade to platinum)

Zhanton
3rd April 2009, 7:21 AM
I'm confused here: do you mean trade some Pokemon over or, like, trade the actual DP Game (cartridge)???

Pyrax
3rd April 2009, 7:35 AM
I'm confused here: do you mean trade some Pokemon over or, like, trade the actual DP Game (cartridge)???

I think he means both...

Anyway I probably won't...

Lucario_Dragon
5th April 2009, 3:44 PM
It isnt out in the UK but when i do, ill use Pearl as storage (too many pokemon to trade) and use platinum for challenge runs and tutors. First challenge is trying to complete it with only Riolu and Buizel (and HM poke who will not fight) Riolu can only evolve after aaron, buizel never.

Hydrohs
5th April 2009, 3:51 PM
No way! My Diamond cartridge contains a nearly-completed Pokedex, as well as one of every pokemon in the world, and my Pearl will have a ton of stuff on it, too.

If you have one of every Pokemon wouldn't that mean you have a completed Dex? O_o

No I will not trade it in cuz I don't know if you can clone in plat.

It's the same as D/P, they both use the same GTS O_o

There's no way I'm trading in a game I've bought, it's a waste of money. Not only that I've spent 400 hours on my Pearl, the only thing I have left do to is beat the Battle Tower. AND I am a collector, I have all the games, and I intend to keep it that way.

zlxq3000
5th April 2009, 6:11 PM
If you have one of every Pokemon wouldn't that mean you have a completed Dex? O_o

Oops, miswrote that; I have one of every pokemon that I have in my pokedex that are available in the games from third gen and Diamond. The only ones I am missing from the boxes at this point in time are Celebi, Glameow, Purugly, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Mismagius, Magmortar, Palkia, and Arceus (I know I spelled some of their names wrong...), but I just restarted Pearl, and am currently trying to work on a team to play through that game with, so soon I'll have all but Celebi and Arceus (until it comes out at a TRU event) in Diamond, as well as every alternate form of any pokemon that has an alternate form (different gender forms, Unowns, Burmys, shinies, etc.) in Pearl, and all of my main battlers in Platinum. Everything is going according to plan... Bwahahaha...

#Gecko#
5th April 2009, 7:14 PM
Probally not, I'll just use Diamond for trading pokemon for evolution and transfer my elite pkmn to Platinum. Then I'll restart or let my sister borrow it

Sharks Shouldn't Fly
6th April 2009, 12:08 AM
My Pokedex on Diamond has 490 entries.

So will I trade Diamond in for Platinum?

Hell.
No.
: D

Trainer Emily
6th April 2009, 4:30 AM
I think I will...
Especially if I'm planning some other time to restart my Diamond game.
After I restarted it, I may trade some to Diamond, especially the ones with new moves due to Platinum Move Tutor (Rampardos with Thunder punch, Alakazam with Signal Beam, etc...), which I'll use especially before the elite 4.

One reason for restarting D/P is to search and catch legends with good IVs, especially you only have one for each game.

micro.Tank
14th April 2009, 6:58 AM
Never! I love my Diamond. I have put a lot of work into that cartridge, and I don't plan on ever trading it in. It'll be lost or broken before I ever stop playing it.