PDA

View Full Version : Which type prevails in your teams?

Commander L. Halsti
31st March 2009, 10:11 PM
Is there a prevalence of any type of Pokemon, or prevalence based by stats(fast Pokemon, Tanks, Sp. Sweepers, Phy. Sweepers...), and if there is one, which is it?
Mine is Poison Pokemon(I will try to have 3 Poison Pokemon in my E4 team).

pokemaster#13
31st March 2009, 10:22 PM
WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i once used six plain water pkmn in the e4 on pearl and one easily ( all were lvl68 this is 1000% true i really did this)

Saberu
1st April 2009, 12:05 PM
I find that I use many psychic types, mainly as sweepers. Gallade and mesprit are quite useful to my team. Metagross is also an exceptional physical wall.

I need more support Pokémon on my team. I often use all sweepers. o.0

~King-Milotic~
1st April 2009, 10:14 PM
for me its either water/ice or ground types but i do use a lot of hybrids
my current team being

Gliscor
Jynx
Mamoswine(soon to be replaced with Kangaskhan)
Milotic
Ampharos
Forretress

Draknir
1st April 2009, 10:26 PM
In Diamond: I have a large amount of Steel types for some reason, all of those being dual types. My starter(Empoleon), Lucario and Dialga fall under this.

In Pearl: I have more ground types than I do any other, and they're all dual types again. My Starter(Torterra) and Garchomp are the only ones that are ground, though.

In Japanese Platinum: Same thing as above, but I also have the same amount of flying types. Mamoswine and Gliscor being the ground types, and Gliscor and Togekiss are the two flying types.

In English Platinum: Water, those being my starter(Empoleon) and only legendary(Manaphy), and Dark, those being my Houndoom and Spiritomb(Hey those rhyme!)

Blivsey
1st April 2009, 11:27 PM
Out of all the ones that I have trained.... Mostly Steels, followed by Psychics and then Electrics. I really like the Steel type, too.

Jirachibow
1st April 2009, 11:32 PM
I have a preference for the Fire and Ice types. In my team my main pokemon are Infernape and Mamoswine.

Larry
1st April 2009, 11:48 PM
I have all different types in my party.
But I like to stick to my favorite pokemon.

Umbra2388
2nd April 2009, 12:01 AM
definetely have to go with wallers, i have 4 dark pokemon in my team and have beaten the e4 3 times! mainly thanks to umbreon and honchkrow.

Dragon Rules
2nd April 2009, 4:02 AM
For me is Fire/Dragon type Pokemon, which are mainly sweepers.

DemonLabRat
7th April 2009, 9:25 PM
Now that my sig copy+paste is gone I can now calculate stat values!

From all my pokemon combined, the Fighting, Psychic, Water and Poison types succeeds in being the type modes of my team. As for each of their purposes; it's a wide range, mainly special sweepers.

shiningsloth13
10th April 2009, 10:00 PM
Weeeeell,

Pearl: Mostly Fighting types. I have an Infernape, Medicham, AND Machamp. Psychic comes in second, w/ Medicham and Bronzong.
Platinum: Poison and Grass are prominent. I don't mean I have Poison/Grass Pokemon, I mean I have Poison AND Grass Pokemon. Torterra, Roserade, and Crobat.

Darkhonchcrow
11th April 2009, 5:43 PM
Bug types in Plat. Amazing to have and it makes the game more challenging.

micro.Tank
14th April 2009, 5:55 AM
Tends to be flying types. Funny really, since I don't like Flying types that much.

Mercutio
14th April 2009, 2:12 PM
I found on my first Pearl playthrough it was physical sweepers; Staraptor and Luxray are great for in game, Floatzel is decent etc. Will be picking Infernape on my first Platinum so may drop the Staraptor.

SHINY CATCHER
15th April 2009, 4:24 PM
Gotta be Grass types
Reasons:-
*I currently have all grass types fully EV trained(Including Burmy,Sunkern,Etc.)
*Also I am going to try and get all grass type shinies
*My currently wifi team consists of 3 pokemon with grass part typings

SHINY CATCHER
15th April 2009, 4:28 PM
Gotta be Grass types
Reasons:-
*I currently have all grass types fully EV trained(Including Burmy,Sunkern,Etc.)
*Also I am going to try and get all grass type shinies
*My currently wifi team consists of 3 pokemon with grass part typings

shadowkami
16th April 2009, 1:20 PM
Pokemon that have super speed prevail on my teams. And they are usually sweepers. I do need some slow support...

Beotium
16th April 2009, 3:39 PM
Definitely Rock! when 3rd Gen Games came out rock was very underrated due to the lack of usable attacks as well most Rockpokis had a 4x weakness.
And when I saw Regirock..I knew what to do...

Torterra-417
21st April 2009, 1:16 AM
Water type. I have always loved Special Sweepers due to the fact that the abilities Static, Poison Point, etc. exist.

Lapras and Starmie are my favourites, but if I can't get them a Kyogre will do.

Zetta Awesome
21st April 2009, 3:30 AM
Normal and Steel type pokemon prevail in my team
-Togekiss and Porygon-Z are always on my team, sometimes Zangoose, and possibly Staraptor.
-Metagross and Lucario also play their roles on my team.

When I use my team from RSE in DP I mainly stick to water types such as Starmie and Swampert.

Ism
22nd April 2009, 3:27 AM
Watta, watta, watta.

I guess they'd be [Special] Sweepers. I'm not sure that I have much patience for anything else.

legendarypokemonjunkie17
22nd April 2009, 3:35 AM
I never really prefer any pokemon over others as far as typing. I mostly use my favorites, and I keep my team balanced just so I can deal with a wide array of problems in battle.

Profesco
23rd April 2009, 12:59 AM
I typically make team additions based on type, so there's never much of a prevalent bias. I've done monotype teams, before, but those are of course intentional biases. Hmm... I guess I do come across a lot of Fighting types when I'm deciding who I want to train (i.e. Lucario, Infernape, Gallade, Toxicroak, Medicham, etc). And Ground types. So many fun Pokemon are either Ground or Fighting these days. =P

LadyMiir
16th November 2009, 11:43 AM
I have a lot of sweepers. Staraptor, Houndoom, Luxray, Froslass. My other two, Torterra and Gastrodon, are more tank-ish.

mrsora
17th November 2009, 3:14 AM
I tend to use more normal types a lot in my in-game teams, just because of the versatility of the move pools.

foxyman1167
18th November 2009, 12:11 AM
I don't have a type that prevails, I always use a balanced team, rarely ever any type overlaps, with the exception of monotypes.

Alpha Gamer
18th November 2009, 1:16 AM
I always use a balanced team of many different types but I always have a water type on my team since they're my favorites.

Calvan
18th November 2009, 1:28 AM
Generally no type ever overlaps on my teams unless i'm evolving a certian pokemon of course.

Dante Falls
18th November 2009, 1:42 AM
Flying- Doesn't really count, not a true type in my books :P

Water- One of the most common and maliable types

Steel- Quite defensive, useful type.

Not that they're my favourite, which'd have to be Bug. :D

cfish
18th November 2009, 1:54 AM
I use dragon types like they're going out of style. I mostly ev train in their prevalent attack stat and speed if they are naturally fast otherwise I give them a lot in Hp so they can wall a few hits and take down the other pokemon before it takes them.

GolemGuy
18th November 2009, 1:57 AM
Water/Flying/Mixture of the Rock, Ground, Ice, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Electric, Grass, Dark, and Normal types.

Yep.

dpdude
18th November 2009, 3:42 AM
i use three flying types in my team, salamence, gyarados, and crobat.

HoagiethePokeBreeder
18th November 2009, 3:29 PM
I'm a sucker for Grass types. And secondly, Electric types.

I guess I really love Sleep Inducing Moves (Jynx w/ Lovely Kiss is cool too) such as Spore, Sleep Powder, Grass Whistle, etc. And I'm a fan of Leech Seed/Toxic Stalling as well.

Pokedragonman
24th November 2009, 1:17 AM
In my team its a tie between Grass and Dragon with 2 each
Grass: Torterra & Roserade
Dragon: Garchomp & Giratina

WhyteMage
24th November 2009, 1:27 AM
At one point my team had mainly steel types, which I found kind of weird as it was completely coincidental. Metagross, Steelix, Scizor, Registeel, Aggron and Salamence.

But nowadays, I try to keep my team balanced, although there is a prevalence of dragon types in my box of high level/EVed pokemon.

Lifeline
24th November 2009, 1:43 AM
I tend to use water types a lot, they're very versitile. In my platinum team, I had a Quagsire and Empoleon.

KGB13
15th January 2010, 4:06 PM
None really. I hate doubling up on types.

Vermehlo_Steele
16th January 2010, 3:45 AM
My favourite types are Fire, Ice, Dark and Steel. I will always have at least three Special Types in my party, always.